Ideal Protein Diet - Who Started August 2013, Part III!!

slownsteady
11-19-2013, 09:45 PM
The Part II thread had 500+ posts, so time for a new one!! Below is the link to the previous August thread. Originally started for those who started IP in August of 2013, but sharing the 'love' with all you IP'ers out there and welcome comments from all! We all learn so much from each other, and we're all in this journey together. :carrot::hug:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/287826-who-started-august-2013-part-ii.html

Kellimomo3
11-20-2013, 06:39 AM
Hi guys,
Just checking in. I have been on phase three for 3 days now and am continuing to lose weight!!! I can't believe it since the breakfast seems SO massive to me!! Hair loss has not slowed down but my doctor feels that it will. She said that this kind of hair loss is a result of a stresser (diet) three months prior which is just when I started. She thinks that my body regulated itself to the diet and the hair loss would probably have subsided even if I stayed on phase 1. I leave for the Bahamas in a little over a week. So I will do phase 4 there and if the hair loss has slowed, go back on phase 1 when I get home to lose the last ten pounds. I went shopping to get some new pants yesterday and I am a size 4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Three months ago, there was a 1 in front of that 4!!!! Love IP! Hate hair loss!

slownsteady
11-20-2013, 06:47 AM
Hi guys,
Just checking in. I have been on phase three for 3 days now and am continuing to lose weight!!! I went shopping to get some new pants yesterday and I am a size 4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Three months ago, there was a 1 in front of that 4!!!! Love IP! Hate hair loss!

WOW Kelli! You are a poster child for IP!! What GREAT results!! You are going to have a blast in the Bahamas! Enjoy!!! I know you will keep things under control in Phase 4. You are a superstar! :carrot:

nolasmurf
11-20-2013, 10:10 AM
It truly amazes me how everyone's bodies are so different I'm 14 lbs heavier than Kelli but I'm a size 14 right now... I wish it was a 4!

MidgieMoon
11-20-2013, 10:29 AM
Hi,
I am back from vacation!~ ! had a great week scuba diving in Honduras, and tried to stay on plan, but wasn't 100% successful. However, I lost 2 inches, and my weight didn't change, so hooray for that. I weighed in Monday, and then will do it again on friday, just to keep myself accountable to the plan.

Still no news on my gall bladder, but I gues no news is good news for now. My doctor is thrilled with my weifght loss and told me to dial it back in about 10 pounds, so that's exciting!

So thrilled to hear of people reaching goal, I am so happy to hear that!!!!

Here's a new photo from our diving trip!

Cheers!
M

MsKitty
11-20-2013, 10:47 AM
CONGRATS to Kellimomo3 and Midgiemoon on your losses!!!!You are such inspiration continue your awesome journey and keep us posted.

mvngmntns13
11-20-2013, 11:27 AM
Hi guys,
Just checking in. I have been on phase three for 3 days now and am continuing to lose weight!!! I can't believe it since the breakfast seems SO massive to me!! Hair loss has not slowed down but my doctor feels that it will. She said that this kind of hair loss is a result of a stresser (diet) three months prior which is just when I started. She thinks that my body regulated itself to the diet and the hair loss would probably have subsided even if I stayed on phase 1. I leave for the Bahamas in a little over a week. So I will do phase 4 there and if the hair loss has slowed, go back on phase 1 when I get home to lose the last ten pounds. I went shopping to get some new pants yesterday and I am a size 4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Three months ago, there was a 1 in front of that 4!!!! Love IP! Hate hair loss!

You are amazing! Are you working out? What additional have you added in your diet as part of P3?

Meeshellee
11-20-2013, 11:31 AM
Hi all, I actually started the end of July, but I don't think anyone ever started a thread for July starters...but I think I want to be a part of this August group. You guys are rockstars! And still sticking with it in November, very impressive!!

Jamiemae
11-20-2013, 11:48 AM
I just really needed to share from my WI last night!!! I reached my goal (+2lbs)!!! I made my next goal 29.5lbs away!!! I am feeling great today and can't stop smiling!! I'm in the smallest pants that I own right now! Thank you for reading! :carrot:

IP will be my last diet :broc:

mvngmntns13
11-20-2013, 11:57 AM
Hi,
I am back from vacation!~ ! had a great week scuba diving in Honduras, and tried to stay on plan, but wasn't 100% successful. However, I lost 2 inches, and my weight didn't change, so hooray for that. I weighed in Monday, and then will do it again on friday, just to keep myself accountable to the plan.

Still no news on my gall bladder, but I gues no news is good news for now. My doctor is thrilled with my weifght loss and told me to dial it back in about 10 pounds, so that's exciting!

Cheers!
M

Fantastic photo -- great job! You look so so happy.

I just really needed to share from my WI last night!!! I reached my goal (+2lbs)!!! I made my next goal 29.5lbs away!!! I am feeling great today and can't stop smiling!! I'm in the smallest pants that I own right now! Thank you for reading! :carrot:

IP will be my last diet :broc:

Yeah yeah yeah!! Congrats. Keep up the momentum. What a great feeling.

Kellimomo3
11-20-2013, 12:16 PM
I am not working out at all and haven't the entire time I've been on IP. The only difference right now is the phase 3 breakfast. It seems like so much! I am eating one egg on a Thomas whole wheat light english muffin with lo cal cheese, 3 pieces of bacon, half a grapefruit and a plain greek yogart. It keeps me full for hours! Those are the only carbs I have. The rest of my day is just like phase one. I am continuing to lose even though I am now out of ketosis. As soon as my hair loss stops and I get back from the Bahamas, I am hoping to go back on phase 1 to lose the last ten pounds. I am also thinking mid morning might be a good time to add in some exercise. The carbs would still be in my system and I do feel out of shape. I am weighing myself daily because I am concerned about gaining but so far still losing! Thanks for all the support and kind words. I love this forum!!!!

slownsteady
11-20-2013, 09:21 PM
Hi all, I actually started the end of July, but I don't think anyone ever started a thread for July starters...but I think I want to be a part of this August group. You guys are rockstars! And still sticking with it in November, very impressive!!

Hi,
I am back from vacation!~ ! had a great week scuba diving in Honduras, and tried to stay on plan, but wasn't 100% successful. However, I lost 2 inches, and my weight didn't change, so hooray for that.

Welcome Meeshellee, and Welcome Back MidgieMoon! Meeshellee, did you RESTART in July or were you losing already and just started on IP in July? I just see that you've lost 103 lbs!!! But surely not since July?! I know IP works, but..... :) Whatever timeframe it was doesn't matter - WOW!! What an accomplishment!

Midgie, that is so great that you continued to lose despite being on a great vacation! Way to go! And love the new pic :)

vachinyc
11-20-2013, 10:47 PM
Hi guys,
Just checking in. I have been on phase three for 3 days now and am continuing to lose weight!!. I went shopping to get some new pants yesterday and I am a size 4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Three months ago, there was a 1 in front of that 4!!!! Love IP!

That's awesome. Congrats! I'm nervous about life after phase 1 but happy to hear your success.

Hi,
I am back from vacation... However, I lost 2 inches, and my weight didn't change, so hooray for that. I weighed in Monday, and then will do it again on friday, just to keep myself accountable to the plan.

Welcome back! Photo is great...skinny arms :) Congrats on the inches lost.

Welcome.

I just really needed to share from my WI last night!!! I reached my goal ... I'm in the smallest pants that I own right now!

Congrats!

IP POWER to all.

ReenHag
11-20-2013, 10:50 PM
Hi guys,

Wow, great success! Enjoy your trip. You are prepared, and you will do great!

It truly amazes me how everyone's bodies are so different I'm 14 lbs heavier than Kelli but I'm a size 14 right now... I wish it was a 4!

I can relate, and I totally agree! I am the same height and about five lbs heavier, and I am just now getting into a size ten. I could not imagine my body as a size four...in fact, I will be thrilled to get into an eight! Bone structure, etc., have a lot to do with it.

Clarington45
11-21-2013, 05:59 AM
Hi guys,

Size 4 wow, very impressive...:) sounds like you are getting great advice and have a plan.. awesome..

Clarington45
11-21-2013, 06:01 AM
Hi,

Cheers!
M

Sounds like you had a great trip and did well staying on plan :) good for you, that is not easy to do.. I hope you hear about your gall bladder soon..

Meeshellee
11-21-2013, 06:43 PM
Has anyone in this group been more hungry lately? I feel like my body is getting used to this ketosis stuff and now I'm more hungry...I don't know if this is because I've added more non-IP branded items (costco protien bars, quest bars, etc) or what the deal is. Anyone else having hunger pains?

Rockabillygirl
11-21-2013, 09:53 PM
Yay! Today I crossed the 45 lb lost mark! Woo hoooo!

slownsteady
11-21-2013, 11:20 PM
Yay! Today I crossed the 45 lb lost mark! Woo hoooo!

WOW! Congratulations, that is awesome! :carrot:

Has anyone in this group been more hungry lately? I feel like my body is getting used to this ketosis stuff and now I'm more hungry...I don't know if this is because I've added more non-IP branded items (costco protien bars, quest bars, etc) or what the deal is. Anyone else having hunger pains?

Possibly could be the bars. I notice when I eat the restricted bars - don't know if it's the bit higher carbs, or just the yummy sweetness and reminding me of my old carb binges - but it REALLY stirs up my cravings. I have to be very careful if I allow myself to have these. I have found I can only have them at night or I am hungry and craving all day.

Avalon1957
11-22-2013, 06:09 AM
Another milestone! Just broke into the 250's for the first time in 7 years! I've lost 67 pounds in a bit less than 4 months. That's about 0.58 pounds lost per day --- or about 4 pounds lost per week -- or about 17 pounds lost per month -- on average.

https://mindstar.com/scratch/WL_2013_11_23_big.jpg

AliExpat
11-22-2013, 08:28 AM
Another milestone! Just broke into the 250's for the first time in 7 years! I've lost 66.25 pounds in a bit less than 4 months. That's about 0.58 pounds lost per day --- or about 4 pounds lost per week -- or about 17 pounds lost per month -- on average.

Avalon I LOVE LOVE LOVE your graphs!!!!! Big congratulations on getting into the 250s, well done!!!! Keep up the awesome job!:carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot:

Ruth Ann
11-22-2013, 08:34 AM
Another milestone! Just broke into the 250's for the first time in 7 years! I've lost 66.25 pounds in a bit less than 4 months. That's about 0.58 pounds lost per day --- or about 4 pounds lost per week -- or about 17 pounds lost per month -- on average.

Outstanding Avalon! I'll bet you're doing the happy dance! :broc:

Avalon1957
11-22-2013, 10:33 AM
Yes I am!

MidgieMoon
11-22-2013, 12:06 PM
That's awesome. Congrats! I'm nervous about life after phase 1 but happy to hear your success.

Welcome back! Photo is great...skinny arms :) Congrats on the inches lost.

IP POWER to all.

So funny! My first thought when I saw the picture was "who is that tiny person??":moo::moo:

MidgieMoon
11-22-2013, 12:08 PM
So thrilled for you avalon!!!

MsKitty
11-25-2013, 12:54 PM
Avalon and Midgie you both ROCK.

Here's to another week staying OP. Will go for official WI next week at clinic, it's been two weeks without WI.

lighthouse101
11-25-2013, 09:56 PM
Hi all,

Just back from vacay followed by a business trip. It was overall a good experience, I think, although I won't officially WI until Saturday. I had a mini-phase off in preparation for not being on OP during my trip. I was proud of how I handled eating "normally" for 10 days. I had a few treats, a couple of glasses of wine, but didn't overdo anything and didn't have the cravings to overeat or eat tons of carbs like I feared I might. Mostly I found I just couldn't eat as much as I used to - a normal sized dinner just seemed enormous to me! And I found I could enjoy a dinner consisting mostly of protein and veggies and only a small serving of carbs. I think the whole trip was good practice for how maintenance will be.

Tomorrow it's back to phase 1, and I will be using alternative products now. I'm actually looking forward to getting back OP and keeping the losses going!

nolasmurf
11-28-2013, 11:58 AM
Happy Thanksgiving. Augusters! May you all have a wonderful day! Stay strong, and OP

slownsteady
11-29-2013, 07:45 PM
Happy Day After, everyone! I've been out of town for the holiday, so wasn't able to check in, but hope everyone had a fabulous Thanksgiving, and are staying strong! :carrot:

Avalon, Midgie, fantastic progress!! Congrats!

ReenHag
11-30-2013, 01:34 PM
Hi, Augusters!

I posted on another thread, but I also wanted to share here. Earlier this week, after three months on IP, I made it to my goal weight! I am so excited! And today, we went shopping at Goodwill and I was able to put on size eights! So thrilled! We (hubby and I) are pahsing off now; in fact, we start phase three tomorrow after an abbreviated one week on phase two. He will restart after the holidays, and I may, depending on how the next few weeks turn out.

I posted a before/ after pic from yesterday when my daughter was dressing me up in her clothes. Not my finest moment, LOL :dizzy:, but definitely a good feeling!

Thank you all for your ideas and support through this process. Before starting, I never thought I would get here, it seemed so far. But in retrospect, it was easier than I thought it would be, and I have learned so much about myself in the process.

Cheers, and Happy Holidays!

~Renee

Avalon1957
11-30-2013, 01:46 PM
Renee, Huge congrats to you!!!! You must feel so fantastic and be so thrilled! It's great seeing another success story!

If you are willing to share ... How long did it take you to erase those 41 pounds and did you have fairly steady losses the whole time? If you'd rather keep that private, no worries! There are no time tables for dieting, that's for sure!! But I am curious as to what typical loss rates are for IP dieters.

It would be cool to see avg statistics for the entire population of 3FC IP subscribers. But then again I love numbers. Call me a statistics maven. I dream of the day I can log into the 3fc site, surf to the IP page, and see a Daily Summary page:

"Our 530 IP subscribers lost 184 pounds yesterday and 1,043 pounds in the past week."
"And the total weight loss for all members for all time is 22,458 pounds."

It could run off the numbers people punch into their PROFILE (as members update their weights). Wouldn't that be a cool board-wide ticker to watch and marvel at ... as the collective weight of our entire board membership slowly shrinks!

ReenHag
11-30-2013, 03:33 PM
Renee, Huge congrats to you!!!! You must feel so fantastic and be so thrilled! It's great seeing another success story!

If you are willing to share ... How long did it take you to erase those 41 pounds and did you have fairly steady losses the whole time? If you'd rather keep that private, no worries! There are no time tables for dieting, that's for sure!! But I am curious as to what typical loss rates are for IP dieters.

I have no problem sharing this; in fact, my start date is in my profile. I started the last Sunday in August, so I spent almost exactly three months in phase one. My losses started off gangbusters (as they tend to do) and then settled to 2-3 pounds per week.

Avalon1957
11-30-2013, 04:16 PM
I have no problem sharing this; in fact, my start date is in my profile. I started the last Sunday in August, so I spent almost exactly three months in phase one. My losses started off gangbusters (as they tend to do) and then settled to 2-3 pounds per week.

Wow, those are FANTASTIC results!!! That's really not long at all. You just "zipped" that weight right off!

Yes, I too have seen some gradual slowing of losses. Typical as one loses weight. I have a feeling I am going to plateau out before I reach my goal as I haven't been at my goal weight for over 20 years; but I shouldn't have to worry about that for another few months at least.

ReenHag
11-30-2013, 04:37 PM
Thanks! Hubby has had great results, too. He is down 60 pounds in the same time frame. So exciting!

Have a great weekend!

~Renee

Kellimomo3
11-30-2013, 08:19 PM
Hi, Augusters!

I posted on another thread, but I also wanted to share here. Earlier this week, after three months on IP, I made it to my goal weight! I am so excited! And today, we went shopping at Goodwill and I was able to put on size eights! So thrilled! We (hubby and I) are pahsing off now; in fact, we start phase three tomorrow after an abbreviated one week on phase two. He will restart after the holidays, and I may, depending on how the next few weeks turn out.

I posted a before/ after pic from yesterday when my daughter was dressing me up in her clothes. Not my finest moment, LOL :dizzy:, but definitely a good feeling!

Thank you all for your ideas and support through this process. Before starting, I never thought I would get here, it seemed so far. But in retrospect, it was easier than I thought it would be, and I have learned so much about myself in the process.

~Renee

Congrats Renee!!!!! I am SO happy for you!!! I have phased off as well but am short of my goal. We started at the same time and close to the same weight. Good luck with your maintainence. So far so good for me!!

Coreyle
12-01-2013, 07:30 AM
Hi, Augusters!

~Renee

Congratulations Renee! I've been watching your posts because we started the same day and have similar stats. You are an inspiration to me! My weight loss has been slower, but it's coming off. I plan to start phase two after the holidays. I think it will be easier for me if I stay on phase 1 and hopefully I'll be at goal as well! Keep up the great work. Can't wait to hear your updates as you progress though the phases.
Corey
FYI I'm not sure what's going on with my ticker, but I'm actually 160 lbs...can't wait to be in the 150's!

vachinyc
12-01-2013, 07:55 AM
Hi, Augusters!

I posted a before/ after pic from yesterday when my daughter was dressing me up in her clothes.

Wow wow wow. Pictures are great. CONGRATULATIONS! You must feel so accomplished! Yay for you...and hubby too! :congrat:

ReenHag
12-01-2013, 08:18 AM
Thanks, everyone! Your support has really helped me during this journey.

First phase three breakfast today. Went BIG TIME shopping yesterday to prep for the two weeks on phase three. I plan to use some of the recipes from the Phase 3 breakfast thread, too. Yum!

Hiker88
12-01-2013, 08:33 AM
Hi, Augusters!

~Renee

Congrats! You look awesome! I love pictures!!

schenectady
12-01-2013, 11:45 AM
ReenHag - congratulations are in order. You have made such great and steady progress and now you have made goal. WOW!

OK Augusters - let's all hang in here and make good progress towards our goals. I have slipped and slid around a bit but bound and determined...

lighthouse101
12-01-2013, 11:55 AM
OK Augusters - let's all hang in here and make good progress towards our goals. I have slipped and slid around a bit but bound and determined...

Yes, we can do it! This month can be tough with lots of holiday events and dinners and such, but with a little planning we can certainly stay OP and get closer to our goals.

I probably have another 3-4 months if the rate at which I've been losing stays the same. Sometimes that feels like so long, but when I stop and think about how long I've been overweight and how that has interfered with aspects of my health and life, 3-4 months is a small price for the opportunity to be slim and healthy!

nolasmurf
12-01-2013, 01:42 PM
So I've stopped thinking about the long term. My focus is 10lbs by 12/31. Certainly that seems more attainable then another 30. Little chunks at a time Ladies! We can do this!

vachinyc
12-03-2013, 09:07 PM
So I've stopped thinking about the long term. My focus is 10lbs by 12/31. Certainly that seems more attainable then another 30. Little chunks at a time Ladies! We can do this!

I like this - manageable chunks :)

Your pic is looking skinnier and skinnier.... Keep it up!

IP POWER to all the Augusters.

nolasmurf
12-03-2013, 09:35 PM
Well Augusters: Here we are another month on this journey gone. How's everyone feeling? I'm tired of the diet, Gosh how I wanted a milkshake tonight but I stayed strong and didn't cave. The 43 lbs feel so much better than that milkshake would have tasted!

Stay Strong ladies!

Clarington45
12-04-2013, 06:16 AM
[QUOTE=ReenHag;4892476]Thanks, everyone! Your support has really helped me during this journey.

First phase three breakfast today. Went BIG TIME shopping yesterday to prep for the two weeks on phase three. I plan to use some of the recipes from the Phase 3 breakfast thread, too. Yum![/QU

Congrats, great job!!

lighthouse101
12-04-2013, 10:59 AM
The 43 lbs feel so much better than that milkshake would have tasted!

Stay Strong ladies!

You said it! Even a little over 3 months in I still have cravings, but constantly remind myself that food will always be there, and so will the extra pounds if I give in!

saskgirl
12-04-2013, 10:13 PM
Hi, Augusters!

~Renee

Way to go! what a great feeling dressing in your daughter's clothes ;)
Congrats :)

MidgieMoon
12-05-2013, 07:19 AM
Wow! I love hearing all the wonderful news! So proud of all of us Augusters who have stusck with it! I too have had good results, and yes, they are slowing down. But, I don't mind! I am in the groove with only 8 pounds left to reach my goal.

My coaching situation has been a merry go round, but I stil show up for WI and measure every Friday. I guess I am self motivated, with some help from you all!

And, saskgirl, I too tried on my daughter's Old Navy Skinny jeans size 10's, and yup, they fit! I was dancing around the house!!! I wouldn't ever actually wear them, but boy it felt great!!!

Keep up the great work! Remember, 4 motnhs ago, we were just starting! Remeber to take stock of the journey so we can enjoy the results :0

Avalon1957
12-05-2013, 07:33 AM
I am so proud of all the August dieters! Keep up the great work!!!

I know I got a 2 day head start before August 1st, but I still am having a hard time believing that I have come this far in a bit over 4 months. I suppose I am benefiting from my height (75"), my high start weight (326), and not cheating once in the past 4+ months.

One of the really interesting things (that I can't quite figure out) is why my measurement losses slowed down (flattened out) starting in mid October. I wonder if it possible there is "easy fat" to lose when you are really heavy -- and as your weight drops, the remaining surface fat is harder to lose?

The other thing that I didn't do is I never took arm and thigh measurements -- so I don't know if perhaps I started losing more fat off those (un-measured) areas starting in mid October. In any case, the day I started IP my waistline was 54" and today it's closing in on 42" -- that is a miracle!

https://mindstar.com/scratch/WL_2013_12_05.jpg
https://mindstar.com/scratch/ML_2013_12_05.jpg

slownsteady
12-06-2013, 01:18 AM
Wow! I love hearing all the wonderful news! So proud of all of us Augusters who have stusck with it! I am in the groove with only 8 pounds left to reach my goal.

Earlier this week, after three months on IP, I made it to my goal weight!

I am so proud of all the August dieters! Keep up the great work!!!

I know I got a 2 day head start before August 1st, but I still am having a hard time believing that I have come this far in a bit over 4 months....the day I started IP my waistline was 54" and today it's closing in on 42" -- that is a miracle!

Hi guys! I've missed you! I am so proud of everyone and the AWESOME, AWESOME progress you all have made!! I have been away for awhile, dealing with a serious family health emergency, and hate to admit that I succumbed to the pressures and got off course, but I am back with you guys now! Can't keep an Auguster down! :) :carrot:

I posted more on the new "multi-day" chat thread about this, but I was disappointed to see the finger-pointing and calling out of the "August" thread as 'what started it all' as far as the reason for the slow-down of the Daily Chat and even for how the forum itself has changed. When you think of it though, members of the August group are active, frequent contributors to multiple threads, so actually we play a big part in keeping the forum going! Anyway, my thought is we each have the right to choose to visit the threads we have an interest in, AND to ignore those we don't. But each has its purpose - and its right to exist!

I'm just glad we are here for each other and REALLY glad I am back! :hug:

Avalon1957
12-06-2013, 05:51 AM
Hi guys! I've missed you! I am so proud of everyone and the AWESOME, AWESOME progress you all have made!! I have been away for awhile, dealing with a serious family health emergency, and hate to admit that I succumbed to the pressures and got off course, but I am back with you guys now! Can't keep an Auguster down!

SlowNSteady, sorry to hear of your serious family health emergency. I hope everything is getting better now. And I totally get succumbing to the pressure with all that going on. I am pulling for you. Still, look at your progress! You are down 30 pounds and must be feeling better. And you are not that far away from goal (you are closer to goal than I am!). Kudos!

Rockabillygirl
12-06-2013, 08:18 AM
I haven't been on here for a couple of weeks, but I hope everyone is hanging in there and sticking to it! I had company over Thanksgiving and my planned 1-day cheat (sanctioned by my coach!) turned into a week of semi-cheating . . . but Monday I got back on 100% and was happy that my WI yesterday showed a loss of 0.6. Hey, I'll take it!

This month is going to be one challenge after another. I plan to do the best I can but not beat myself up too badly if I stray a little. I will stay away from sweets and alcohol, but if the meal at a party has a salad with sunflower seeds, I'm not going to sweat it! LOL!

Have a great weekend!!

slownsteady
12-06-2013, 08:33 AM
Morning Everyone!

Avalon, thanks for the pep-talk! I DO have to remember I am down the 30, and just need to keep building on that. I'm back OP now and feeling good.

Everyone have a SUPER FRIDAY!! :) Resist those goodies that seem to appear everywhere this time of year, and keep your eye on the prize!! :carrot:

lighthouse101
12-06-2013, 12:36 PM
Hi guys! I've missed you! I am so proud of everyone and the AWESOME, AWESOME progress you all have made!! I have been away for awhile, dealing with a serious family health emergency, and hate to admit that I succumbed to the pressures and got off course, but I am back with you guys now! Can't keep an Auguster down! :) :carrot:

I'm just glad we are here for each other and REALLY glad I am back! :hug:

Hey slownsteady, it's good to hear your voice on here again! Sorry to hear about your family health emergency, but glad you're back. Even though I participate in other threads and have truly valued all of the advice and feedback from senior members, I do love having this thread too, full of people who are all around the same stage in our IP journeys. Stay strong everyone and enjoy the upcoming weekend!

slownsteady
12-06-2013, 02:33 PM
I too tried on my daughter's Old Navy Skinny jeans size 10's, and yup, they fit! I was dancing around the house!!! I wouldn't ever actually wear them, but boy it felt great!!!

What??!!! Of COURSE you have to wear the skinny jeans - no "Mom Jeans" for you!! Picture yourself wearing them with a great pair of boots - you will ROCK them! DO IT! :yes:

Avalon1957
12-06-2013, 02:52 PM
I actually walked into a Dress Barn the other day and bought 3 sweaters on the "skinny side" of the store and they fit great. It's like a whole other world has suddenly opened up.

slownsteady
12-07-2013, 11:49 PM
I actually walked into a Dress Barn the other day and bought 3 sweaters on the "skinny side" of the store and they fit great. It's like a whole other world has suddenly opened up.

What a great feeling! Yes, it feels so good to be able to shop in the "regular" section of the store, instead of "Womens". That was a huge NSV when that happened. I really haven't done a lot of clothes shopping since then though (still shopping in my closet!), so it's almost like I don't quite believe it - like I can't really be a 'normal' size, can I? How I see my body has not quite caught up to the reality of what I see on the scale. I have a feeling that will take awhile! :)

Rockabillygirl
12-08-2013, 11:35 AM
What a great feeling! Yes, it feels so good to be able to shop in the "regular" section of the store, instead of "Womens". That was a huge NSV when that happened. I really haven't done a lot of clothes shopping since then though (still shopping in my closet!), so it's almost like I don't quite believe it - like I can't really be a 'normal' size, can I? How I see my body has not quite caught up to the reality of what I see on the scale. I have a feeling that will take awhile! :)

I know what you mean -- after being a 2X for so long I still am surprised when I try on a 1X and it's roomy. I haven't quite gotten to the point of trying clothes from the "normal" section -- I guess I'm afraid of disappointment! Most of my pants are elastic waist so I have no idea what size I should be -- I just know some of the larger pairs now look like clown pants.

I did, however, purchase a band t-shirt at a concert in an L, looking to the future.

I guess I'm in reverse denial! Couldn't ever believe I'd gotten as large as I was, and now I can't believe I'm smaller!

lighthouse101
12-08-2013, 02:40 PM
I know what you mean -- after being a 2X for so long I still am surprised when I try on a 1X and it's roomy. I haven't quite gotten to the point of trying clothes from the "normal" section -- I guess I'm afraid of disappointment! Most of my pants are elastic waist so I have no idea what size I should be -- I just know some of the larger pairs now look like clown pants.

I did, however, purchase a band t-shirt at a concert in an L, looking to the future.

I guess I'm in reverse denial! Couldn't ever believe I'd gotten as large as I was, and now I can't believe I'm smaller!

I relate as well. I've been so used to buying clothes in baggy styles to hide my body that I'm not even sure what styles and materials might flatter my body now. My habit is still to wear blousey shirts and things rather than show my shape.

slownsteady
12-08-2013, 09:21 PM
My habit is still to wear blousey shirts and things rather than show my shape.

Exactly! Frankly, one problem area I have, that I'm afraid will take surgery to fix (ultimately), is a big 'pooch' of fat above my belly button. I'm afraid it will at best, be 'hanging skin' even once I get to goal. So, short of having surgery, I don't know if I'll ever be able to wear "form-fitting" clothes. Of course, there is always Spanx! :)

AliExpat
12-09-2013, 12:25 PM
Hey Augusters!! I passed the 40lb mark today!!! I'm almost halfway to goal.

nolasmurf
12-09-2013, 12:31 PM

Great job!

schenectady
12-09-2013, 01:02 PM
Exactly! Frankly, one problem area I have, that I'm afraid will take surgery to fix (ultimately), is a big 'pooch' of fat above my belly button. I'm afraid it will at best, be 'hanging skin' even once I get to goal. So, short of having surgery, I don't know if I'll ever be able to wear "form-fitting" clothes. Of course, there is always Spanx! :)

I am probably a lot older than you, slownsteady, but I will be so happy when I reach goal that I figure I will just become an expert at how to dress myself with an eye to disguising wherever I carry extra. I know it may drive me crazy but the fact that I can wear something other than black baggy old lady clothes will be enough for me...I think!

ecdcslim
12-10-2013, 08:01 AM
Hi Augusters, I posted on the daily thread first, but wanted to say hi and that I'm back from my 2 week South American vacation. We had a blast, very active at some points, other times several hours on a bus! But I stayed on plan, except for 2 bites of my birthday cake. I have my official weigh in on Saturday but according to my scales, I'm down 6.4 lbs!!!! I can see my ribs for the first time in 15 years! I'm kind of stunned, had to go through my closet,I have 2 pair of dress pants that will stay up with a belt, 2 dresses and 2 skirt-suits left. I will have to go shopping! I have 4 pair of size 8-10 jeans that I've hung on to for 20 years that now fit! (but wow, are they not in style, lol). Thanks for all your advice and encouragement, I love this group, it's been so great to have company on this journey.

schenectady
12-10-2013, 01:22 PM
Welcome back ecdslim and what a great success your trip was! We are all so proud of how well you handled that. New clothes are certainly deserved.

After being 'away' for a while and NOT successful at staying OP, I finally have found my sanity and lost 1 pound beyond my lowest, where I was when I wandered off. So I am back with you Augusters...let's go girls!

vachinyc
12-10-2013, 07:18 PM
Hi Augusters, I posted on the daily thread first, but wanted to say hi and that I'm back from my 2 week South American vacation. We had a blast, very active at some points, other times several hours on a bus! But I stayed on plan, except for 2 bites of my birthday cake. I have my official weigh in on Saturday but according to my scales, I'm down 6.4 lbs!!!! I can see my ribs for the first time in 15 years! I'm kind of stunned, had to go through my closet,I have 2 pair of dress pants that will stay up with a belt, 2 dresses and 2 skirt-suits left. I will have to go shopping! I have 4 pair of size 8-10 jeans that I've hung on to for 20 years that now fit! (but wow, are they not in style, lol). Thanks for all your advice and encouragement, I love this group, it's been so great to have company on this journey.

There are so many happy things in this. CONGRATS! You must be so proud of yourself, and excited. We're proud too :)

Go Augusters! :cp:

slownsteady
12-10-2013, 09:00 PM

Welcome back! You were missed! W.O.W. You are a superstar! To have gone on a 2 week vacation, lost 6.4 while gone and this close to your goal weight!?? I agree SO many happy things in your post!

Welcome back ecdslim and what a great success your trip was! We are all so proud of how well you handled that. New clothes are certainly deserved.

After being 'away' for a while and NOT successful at staying OP, I finally have found my sanity and lost 1 pound beyond my lowest, where I was when I wandered off. So I am back with you Augusters...let's go girls!

Schenectady, I know you have struggled lately, but you've gotten over the hump now and have started on the downward path again!! Yay for you! Accomplishing the loss of that single pound and getting below your previous low, I know makes a huge difference psychologically for you! Back to business now, girl! :carrot:

Clarington45
12-11-2013, 06:53 AM

Awesome Job!! WTG :carrot:

schenectady
12-11-2013, 11:16 AM
Schenectady, I know you have struggled lately, but you've gotten over the hump now and have started on the downward path again!! Yay for you! Accomplishing the loss of that single pound and getting below your previous low, I know makes a huge difference psychologically for you! Back to business now, girl! :carrot:

Thank you so much slownsteady - your words really mean a lot to me. I have now made it to -3 pounds from my 'weight vacation', so I feel that I am truly back.

The support from people like you in invaluable. When I was off and not getting the program, I did not even read this site because I felt so bad about where I was and what I was doing. It is a treat and a reward to be able to read and post for me. Keeps me happy AND accountable!!

TXsunshine
12-11-2013, 09:04 PM
Hey Augusters!! I've missed you guys!! I'm still with IP but have been super busy with work and the kids... Plus, I've actually started dating. Scary, trying to stay on plan, but this fella is very understanding. How wonderful. I changed coaches too, so I'm going to see how tomorrow goes and update you guys and create a ticker. Finally! Good to be back!!

Kellimomo3
12-12-2013, 06:29 AM
Hi guys!!!
I am back from my Bahamas trip! I was phased off already due to the hair loss so I ate and drank. I made good decisions and did lots of walking and when I got home and stepped on the scale holding my breath, I was down another pound!!! I was really expecting to be up a few due to the re-gain when phasing off but it has not happened yet! I am living my life in maintanence right now and still want to jump back on the program to lose the last ten pounds after the holidays as long as I can stop the hair loss!!!! I have missed you guys!

lighthouse101
12-12-2013, 05:35 PM
Hi guys!!!
I am back from my Bahamas trip! I was phased off already due to the hair loss so I ate and drank. I made good decisions and did lots of walking and when I got home and stepped on the scale holding my breath, I was down another pound!!! I was really expecting to be up a few due to the re-gain when phasing off but it has not happened yet! I am living my life in maintanence right now and still want to jump back on the program to lose the last ten pounds after the holidays as long as I can stop the hair loss!!!! I have missed you guys!

That's wonderful! Glad to hear you had a successful experience eating while away from home and that maintenance is going well.

vachinyc
12-12-2013, 09:10 PM
Hi guys!!!

Way to go! We all need to see these successful maintenance stories. Especially ones from vacay.

Congrats!

Rockabillygirl
12-12-2013, 09:47 PM
Hi!

Down 2.6 this week, probably in large part due to having diarrhea for the last week. (TMI, I know!). Am wondering if anyone else deals with this. I didn't have too many issues until Thanksgiving when I had a cheat day. I thought the intestinal upset was because I had foods my body wasn't used to, but I've been back OP and the problem hasn't gone away.

I guess if things haven't improved by Monday I'll make a dr. appointment . . .

I feel fine otherwise (except for the usual stomach cramps that go with the problem) so it's not a flu.

Sigh.

slownsteady
12-13-2013, 12:05 AM
I'm still with IP but have been super busy with work and the kids... Plus, I've actually started dating. Scary, trying to stay on plan, but this fella is very understanding. How wonderful.

How fun for you! I'm glad you have found a nice, understanding guy to spend some time with. Can't hurt the motivation! :) Good for you!

Hi guys!!!

Welcome back, you've been missed! Wow, great, great job - DOWN a pound after being on a vacation to the Bahamas??!! You are amazing and inspiring!

Rockabilly - congrats on the super loss this week.....but hope you start feeling better!

Clarington45
12-13-2013, 07:16 AM
Wow, everyone is doing awesome.. great to see :)

nolasmurf
12-13-2013, 10:36 AM
Hey team August! :D good to see some smiling faces back again!

Kellimomo, hope you had a blast on your trip! My group of friends is looking to go to one of those all inclusive places for our next years trip.

lighthouse101
12-14-2013, 12:17 PM
Hi Augusters!

Glad to see everyone is hanging in there and trucking along!

I just hit the 4 month mark since started IP - just a couple of pounds short of the 40 lb mark! Maybe by next week's weigh-in...

When I started, I was hoping to be done with phase 1 in about 6 months, but at the rate of loss I've been having it will probably by more like 8 months or so. Surprisingly, I think I'm ok with that - with not meeting the timeline I originally planned on. It's been hard trusting the process and realizing that I can't control how fast I lose weight or when I reach my goal. I confess sometimes I get discouraged when I see others losing faster, even when they admit on the boards that they've cheated or don't follow the plan 100%. In my head I'm screaming, "Not fair! I've been 100% OP!" Then I get over myself and take a moment to be grateful for the progress of the last few months and the fact that the scale keeps going down a little more each week! I've been able to handle the last 4 months, so what's another 4 to get to my goal? I can do it!

Okay, I'll get off my soapbox now. :)

schenectady
12-15-2013, 12:48 PM
Hi Augusters!

Glad to see everyone is hanging in there and trucking along!

I just hit the 4 month mark since started IP - just a couple of pounds short of the 40 lb mark! Maybe by next week's weigh-in...

When I started, I was hoping to be done with phase 1 in about 6 months, but at the rate of loss I've been having it will probably by more like 8 months or so. Surprisingly, I think I'm ok with that - with not meeting the timeline I originally planned on. It's been hard trusting the process and realizing that I can't control how fast I lose weight or when I reach my goal. I confess sometimes I get discouraged when I see others losing faster, even when they admit on the boards that they've cheated or don't follow the plan 100%. In my head I'm screaming, "Not fair! I've been 100% OP!" Then I get over myself and take a moment to be grateful for the progress of the last few months and the fact that the scale keeps going down a little more each week! I've been able to handle the last 4 months, so what's another 4 to get to my goal? I can do it!

Okay, I'll get off my soapbox now. :)

lighthouse - Hang in there! I know it can be hard to read and see the different losses and approaches. For me, when I am 100% OP and I hit slow spots, it is very hard to see people doing all sorts of variations and making more progress.

Know that you are doing what is right for you and this is something you have to deal with all your life. I am in this for the long haul, too, and however many months it takes me is OK if I stay the course.

Let's me Augusters who keep going and going.

lighthouse101
12-16-2013, 08:07 AM
lighthouse - Hang in there! I know it can be hard to read and see the different losses and approaches. For me, when I am 100% OP and I hit slow spots, it is very hard to see people doing all sorts of variations and making more progress.

Know that you are doing what is right for you and this is something you have to deal with all your life. I am in this for the long haul, too, and however many months it takes me is OK if I stay the course.

Let's me Augusters who keep going and going.

Thanks, schenectady, I'm in it for the long haul, but I still hope the second half doesn't take twice as long as the first! :)

schenectady
12-16-2013, 11:36 AM
Thanks, schenectady, I'm in it for the long haul, but I still hope the second half doesn't take twice as long as the first! :)

I have yet to hit half, getting there. I do know that for me the intense motivation is a bit harder to scare up in the later months but this is a period that is more real and like what I will face when I reach goal.

This is a period where I may struggle but I am using this time to examine some of my mental processes to figure out how I got here in the first place.

We did our cookie exchange last night and I did well. Our daughter and her husband came and they were the ones who motivated me to do IP. He has lost nearly 90 pounds and she is over 70. She was so excited to come in a pair or size 7 jeans and said she was actually able to get into the size 5! She was radiant and glowing and healthy - one cannot want better than that.

They have been a great support system for each other and for that I am envious. I am subject to sabotage and total apathy and so I am sort of swimming upstream in my household.

lighthouse101
12-16-2013, 01:48 PM
I have yet to hit half, getting there. I do know that for me the intense motivation is a bit harder to scare up in the later months but this is a period that is more real and like what I will face when I reach goal.

This is a period where I may struggle but I am using this time to examine some of my mental processes to figure out how I got here in the first place.

We did our cookie exchange last night and I did well. Our daughter and her husband came and they were the ones who motivated me to do IP. He has lost nearly 90 pounds and she is over 70. She was so excited to come in a pair or size 7 jeans and said she was actually able to get into the size 5! She was radiant and glowing and healthy - one cannot want better than that.

They have been a great support system for each other and for that I am envious. I am subject to sabotage and total apathy and so I am sort of swimming upstream in my household.

Glad to hear that you did well at your cookie exchange but sorry to hear about the lack of support and even sabotage at home. Good for you that you keep coming back here for a safe and helpful source of support as you continue on towards goal. Keep your focus on the support that is positive as best you can and you will continue to do well!

ecdcslim
12-16-2013, 04:35 PM
Hi all, had my weigh in on Sat - down a total of 39lbs since 9/15. We had our company holiday party Sat night, so got to wear a fitted cocktail dress and everyone was very complimentary! I've had the dress for 13 years, wore it once so was very excited to get back into it and to not have to spend $$ for a fancy cocktail dress!! My coach has suggested that I change my target since she says my total body fat % is too high. It's just 5 more pounds, but I'm already terrified that I won't be able to stay at this weight. Has anyone else had this advice?

schenectady
12-17-2013, 10:16 AM
Hi all, had my weigh in on Sat - down a total of 39lbs since 9/15. We had our company holiday party Sat night, so got to wear a fitted cocktail dress and everyone was very complimentary! I've had the dress for 13 years, wore it once so was very excited to get back into it and to not have to spend $$ for a fancy cocktail dress!! My coach has suggested that I change my target since she says my total body fat % is too high. It's just 5 more pounds, but I'm already terrified that I won't be able to stay at this weight. Has anyone else had this advice?

First, congratulations on the loss and the fancy dress - I do not have any such things in my closet and know that will be one thing I am looking forward to getting - some day.

I did have the issue of BMI come up yesterday during my annual physical. My doctor and I talked a while about it and he agreed that my goal weight was OK for me even though it technically had a higher BMI than some think it ideal.

Part of it is age (don't know yours but my is advanced!) and part of it is some medical studies that have shown that people with slightly higher BMI's actually have a longer life span than those in the area lower than 25%.

Now, of course there are studies that show all sorts of different results about almost everything but after talking to him, he felt that the 25% I should hit was OK. I want a reasonable weight and BMI - I am not looking to reinvent my youth or Twiggy. Once I get there, I will see how I feel but knowing the doctor is happy with my goal I enough for me.

ecdcslim
12-17-2013, 11:05 AM
First, congratulations on the loss and the fancy dress - I do not have any such things in my closet and know that will be one thing I am looking forward to getting - some day.

I did have the issue of BMI come up yesterday during my annual physical. My doctor and I talked a while about it and he agreed that my goal weight was OK for me even though it technically had a higher BMI than some think it ideal.

Part of it is age (don't know yours but my is advanced!) and part of it is some medical studies that have shown that people with slightly higher BMI's actually have a longer life span than those in the area lower than 25%.

Now, of course there are studies that show all sorts of different results about almost everything but after talking to him, he felt that the 25% I should hit was OK. I want a reasonable weight and BMI - I am not looking to reinvent my youth or Twiggy. Once I get there, I will see how I feel but knowing the doctor is happy with my goal I enough for me.

Thanks for this - i'm 53 and my BMI isn't the problem it's the fat % - 36.1. She says for my height and build, it should be under 35 and she thought 8 more lbs should do it. DH is freaking out, thinks I'm getting too slim, but I'm ok, no ribs or hip bones sticking out. My bigger fear is whether I can keep it off, you know? I spent my 20's and early 30's at the new goal weight so it's not super skinny for me or a weight I've never maintained, but wow, it's been a long time!

Run4three
12-17-2013, 11:11 AM
Thanks for this - i'm 53 and my BMI isn't the problem it's the fat % - 36.1.

Sounds like it isn't as much about the number on the scale (BMI ok) as it is your composition. Perhaps your coach is focusing on the wrong thing. Don't loss another 8 lbs, convert the 8 lbs to muscle. You do want to get the fat % down, but it doesn't have to be by continued diet. Add a little strength training? Best of luck!!

ecdcslim
12-19-2013, 12:24 PM
Sounds like it isn't as much about the number on the scale (BMI ok) as it is your composition. Perhaps your coach is focusing on the wrong thing. Don't loss another 8 lbs, convert the 8 lbs to muscle. You do want to get the fat % down, but it doesn't have to be by continued diet. Add a little strength training? Best of luck!!

Great point. I've started weight training 3 times a week starting last week so maybe by the end of the holidays, that will move the % if I don't get 8 more lbs off.

MidgieMoon
12-20-2013, 08:17 AM
Hello my August friends,
Well, it has been a busy December, but I wanted to cheer you all on! I can see that we who started in the month numbered 8 have done quite well! You are such an inspiring group!

As for myself, I am blessed to have my 19 year daughter home, and she made Dean's list in her first semester of college! she worked very hard, and I am a proud momma! We are awaiting her brother's grades. He has had a rough go, but has pulled himself together, and possibly has found his future wife. He is due in tomorrow. I love it!

DH and I are driving to visit our family in Massachusetts next week. I went to pick up some new pants yesterday, and have found myself in a size 10! I am beyond excited! I am 5 ppounds from my goal, and I will get there! My family hasn't seen my in a year, so I am looking forward to making a splash!

Thank you for the kindness and encouragement over the past few months, it has been a huge blesing to me on my journey. I hope that you all have wonderful holidays and time spent with your families! See you in a week or so!

Much love,
M.

:xcheer::xcheer:

lisa32989
12-20-2013, 11:51 AM
Agreed!
Fat loss is more than just "weight loss". Building muscle will help change body composition AND muscle requires more calories to maintain so you'll end up buring some of that fat (hence "transforming" it to muscle).

Losing weight is 90% about what goes in our mouths but maintenance is much more about activity level. There is also the issue of getting to a manageable weight...one we don't have to struggle with maintaining.

ReenHag
12-20-2013, 06:08 PM
Hello my August friends,
Well, it has been a busy December, but I wanted to cheer you all on! I can see that we who started in the month numbered 8 have done quite well! You are such an inspiring group!

As for myself, I am blessed to have my 19 year daughter home, and she made Dean's list in her first semester of college! she worked very hard, and I am a proud momma! We are awaiting her brother's grades. He has had a rough go, but has pulled himself together, and possibly has found his future wife. He is due in tomorrow. I love it!

DH and I are driving to visit our family in Massachusetts next week. I went to pick up some new pants yesterday, and have found myself in a size 10! I am beyond excited! I am 5 ppounds from my goal, and I will get there! My family hasn't seen my in a year, so I am looking forward to making a splash!

Thank you for the kindness and encouragement over the past few months, it has been a huge blesing to me on my journey. I hope that you all have wonderful holidays and time spent with your families! See you in a week or so!

Much love,
M.

:xcheer::xcheer:

Congrats on the size tens! Way to go!

Enjoy your time with your kids- congrats to both of them. I am sure you are so proud! You have much to be proud of. Have a great Christmas and a fab trip making a splash and showing your new self off to the family!

~Renee

MidgieMoon
12-20-2013, 09:37 PM
Thanks, Renee!!!

lighthouse101
12-21-2013, 12:06 PM
Hi Augusters!

Feeling good after a nice WI this am, bringing me down into the 150's for the first time in many years! I have lots of holiday parties and events this coming week and have plans in place to survive them. Luckily most of my friends have been very supportive during the shrinking process and know by now not to offer me goodies or worry that I'm not partaking in all of the holiday treats and things. I think they can see now that I'm much happier eating the way I am and getting the results I've been getting than indulging in the goodies would make me!

lighthouse101
12-26-2013, 11:16 AM
Just wanted to say Merry Christmas to all the Augusters out there! Not much activity here lately, but I know some of you are active on other threads. For everyone else, I hope you are is still sticking with it, staying strong and OP, and having lovely holidays!

schenectady
12-28-2013, 11:35 AM
I am still hanging in here. I have had many tough weeks but still heading in the proper direction. After those challenging weeks, many too many, I finally resolved to join a gym and get more active.

So I am on day 6 at the gym and feeling better. I am just working on the treadmill or elliptical trying to get my body started at a faster pace before I add anything else. I am working to get back to my lowest by the end of the year so that the New Year truly is a new year, not losing any of the same pounds over again.

Rockabillygirl
01-01-2014, 12:30 PM
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
I have been absent from the site for a few weeks. I got derailed over Christmas and it is scary how quickly the old, bad habits return! I know I have a major challenge ahead of me to keep the weight off.

My weight loss center closed from 12/24 - 1/2, which to me was kind of a like a free pass to cheat.

As of Monday I have been back OP 100%. I'll go weigh in tomorrow so hopefully I didn't do too much damage. I had a NSV yesterday when my work day was HORRID, and I was on my way home and contemplated getting a salad from Wendy's, thinking "what's one more day off program?" but I realized "one more day" could too easily turn into weeks . . . so I didn't do it!

I hope the new year brings you all hope and good health and some new adventures!

nolasmurf
01-01-2014, 12:39 PM
Happy New Year team August! Let's have a roll call! Who's still here? Who's struggling? Let's get past it together. I'll admit the holidays were very tough on me. I ate a lot of things I shouldn't have and drank too many cocktails. I didn't gain anything but I didn't loose either.

1/1/14- committing to be 100%
;)

lighthouse101
01-02-2014, 07:58 AM
Happy New Year team August! Let's have a roll call! Who's still here? Who's struggling? Let's get past it together. I'll admit the holidays were very tough on me. I ate a lot of things I shouldn't have and drank too many cocktails. I didn't gain anything but I didn't loose either.

;)

Still here, did great over Christmas and horrible over New Year's - also too many cocktails! Back in the game 100% now and hoping to go downhill from here.

MsKitty
01-02-2014, 10:33 AM

;)

I'm also still here. Finally hit 50 lb lost over holiday.I think it is time to move goal weight. Ready to continue in 2014.
Wishing everyone a very good year ahead. Together we can continue this journey!

ReenHag
01-02-2014, 11:03 AM
Still here! Still here!

I am ready to recommit to get off those last few pounds. Hubby and I phased off and enjoyed the holidays. I kept my drinking to red wine, as recommended by the maintenance protocol. I cannot believe that I was able to avoid ice cream since phasing off, as that was one of my favorite Pre-IP treats! I have not really wanted it at all. I have not gotten in as many veggies with all the traveling and hopping from party to party, so I know that is my area of trouble.

I hope everyone had a great holiday and has a womderful 2014. We are on our way towards better health...and swimsuits! Let's go!

~Renee

nolasmurf
01-02-2014, 11:39 AM
Whooo Hooo! Nice to 'see' you ladies! Feeling great!

AliExpat
01-02-2014, 01:17 PM
Hey Augusters!

Still here, pluggin away. At my last WI of 2013 I had lost 48lbs. Since christmas I have been eating way too many carbs in the form of bread w/ butter and pizza. Plus a bit too much champagne bubbles. Today I'm fasting (just water) and will get back with the program 100% tomorrow, hopefully. If not, my family leaves on the 7th so I can get back on the wagon.

Happy New Year!!!

MidgieMoon
01-02-2014, 02:36 PM
Happy New Year! I too took a turn off the wagon, and hopped back on this Monday. I have a WI in 2 hours!

I had a wonderful holiday, and decided I should show off my handsome son. I am not that short, but he is really tall! Kind of glad the snow in New England is keeping him here with us for a few more days!

Cheers!

MidgieMoon
01-02-2014, 07:01 PM
I'm also still here. Finally hit 50 lb lost over holiday.I think it is time to move goal weight. Ready to continue in 2014.
Wishing everyone a very good year ahead. Together we can continue this journey!

50 pounds!!! How awesome! So happy for you!:carrot:

schenectady
01-02-2014, 07:50 PM
Still here! Still here!

I am ready to recommit to get off those last few pounds. Hubby and I phased off and enjoyed the holidays. I kept my drinking to red wine, as recommended by the maintenance protocol. I cannot believe that I was able to avoid ice cream since phasing off, as that was one of my favorite Pre-IP treats! I have not really wanted it at all. I have not gotten in as many veggies with all the traveling and hopping from party to party, so I know that is my area of trouble.

I hope everyone had a great holiday and has a womderful 2014. We are on our way towards better health...and swimsuits! Let's go!

~Renee

You have been so strong that those last pesky pounds should be no worse that the rest! Passing up the ice cream is one big NSV - I know for myself that when I am done, I will have to search my soul for a way to avoid that temptation. I know that if I remember, really remember, the taste from eating it, I will be done in.

Hang in there cause ice cream doesn't look good in a swimsuit!

vachinyc
01-03-2014, 07:21 PM
The Augusters had fallen off the first page so....

Hello and happy new year Augusters!

My weigh-in is tomorrow, first one in two weeks (clinic closed some over holiday and I traveled). And it is going to be COLD out. Even though my clinic is across the street, I'm guessing my "weigh in outfit" I've been using since august (shorts) won't work. LOL.

I am past the original goal the clinic set for me but not quite yet at 'healthy' bmi or a size I'd like so onward I go. IP rocks!

TGIF! And stay warm! IP power to all!

nolasmurf
01-03-2014, 09:11 PM
The Augusters had fallen off the first page so....

Hello and happy new year Augusters!

My weigh-in is tomorrow, first one in two weeks (clinic closed some over holiday and I traveled). And it is going to be COLD out. Even though my clinic is across the street, I'm guessing my "weigh in outfit" I've been using sine august (shorts) won't work. LOL.

I am past the original goal the clinic set for me but not quite yet at 'healthy' bmi or a size I'd like so onward I go. IP rocks!

TGIF! And stay warm! IP power to all!

HAHA! yea I don't see you wearing the shorts! Maybe the outfit under warmer clothes and ask for a minute to strip down? Since I'm on my own now I "weigh in" in my own bathroom so I strip down to my birthday suit. Honey normally waits outside to see where I'm at. Sometimes there's a victorious streak around the house LOL, but it's down in the 30's here so I think I'll just get dressed first!

vachinyc
01-04-2014, 10:11 AM
Good morning: checking in here too... Week 20 weigh in today for me.

Happy to report I'm down 3.9 pounds across the two week holiday period and also down another 3.25 inches. Yippee! IP works :)

I'm still sorting out what my final goal is before I will phase... Bmi isn't quite there and size/measurements aren't quite where I'd like them to be yet. Onward!

(On the weigh in clothing note...which I know is silly (we all have our things, right?) I wore light weight yoga pants and a light t-shirt but layers!)

Happy weekend and IP POWER to all!

Hiker88
01-04-2014, 10:39 AM
HAHA! yea I don't see you wearing the shorts! Maybe the outfit under warmer clothes and ask for a minute to strip down? Since I'm on my own now I "weigh in" in my own bathroom so I strip down to my birthday suit. Honey normally waits outside to see where I'm at. Sometimes there's a victorious streak around the house LOL, but it's down in the 30's here so I think I'll just get dressed first!

LOL!!!:rofl::rofl::rofl:

KareVT
01-04-2014, 11:57 AM
Good morning: checking in here too... Week 20 weigh in today for me.

Happy to report I'm down 3.9 pounds across the two week holiday period and also down another 3.25 inches. Yippee! IP works :)

I'm still sorting out what my final goal is before I will phase... Bmi isn't quite there and size/measurements aren't quite where I'd like them to be yet. Onward!

(On the weigh in clothing note...which I know is silly (we all have our things, right?) I wore light weight yoga pants and a light t-shirt but layers!)

Happy weekend and IP POWER to all!

Congrats to you, vachinyc! You must be so proud. I've been following your journey and you are encouraging me to stay focused and persevere - thank you and may you continue to rock this; you got it!:D

vachinyc
01-04-2014, 06:12 PM
Congrats to you, vachinyc! You must be so proud. I've been following your journey and you are encouraging me to stay focused and persevere - thank you and may you continue to rock this; you got it!:D

Happy to see you checking in this weekend. Thank you for the congrats :)

For me, super focused is the only way it works. I'm almost manic, probably driving friends crazy...but I fall too easily if there's any wiggle room. So, it is just the way I cope..by being laser focused. Admittedly, as I get closer to phasing, I find myself having days of diet fatigue. Or I get a little snarky with the world about all I can't have. It is a constant struggle to remind myself that I need to reframe that... I choose not to have x so that I can achieve y... Struggle struggle!

You can do it too - you have been right there with me and you are so positive and upbeat.

Hope you are staying warm... And that your IP mojo is in full force!:hug:

schenectady
01-04-2014, 09:12 PM

I love the tag at the end of your signature about no failure as long as continue to try. I definitely fall in that category. Still here, challenged, but not giving up. I have started going to the gym every day and hope that will support me both emotionally and physically.

lighthouse101
01-05-2014, 10:48 AM
For me, super focused is the only way it works. I'm almost manic, probably driving friends crazy...but I fall too easily if there's any wiggle room. So, it is just the way I cope..by being laser focused. Admittedly, as I get closer to phasing, I find myself having days of diet fatigue. Or I get a little snarky with the world about all I can't have. It is a constant struggle to remind myself that I need to reframe that... I choose not to have x so that I can achieve y... Struggle struggle!

Thanks for the reminder about the importance of being focused! I did great the first 3 months by being so strict - truly 100%. I've been struggling big time this last week with the holidays and know I just need to recommit to 100% and get back on track. I've gained some weight back and now have to re-lose weight I've already lost, which is totally disappointing, but completely due to bad choices I've made. Time to deal with it, move forward, and refocus so that I can start the scale going back down instead of up!

I love the tag at the end of your signature about no failure as long as continue to try. I definitely fall in that category. Still here, challenged, but not giving up. I have started going to the gym every day and hope that will support me both emotionally and physically.

I'm starting the gym as well - my membership starts on Monday and I hope to make this a part of my daily routine and be as accountable to that as I will be to following IP 100%!

AliExpat
01-07-2014, 03:43 PM
Hey Augusters!!!

I just noticed that our previous thread is closed, Woo-Hoo!!! :carrot::carrot:

Here's the link to Part II:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/287826-who-started-august-2013-part-ii-34.html

Don't want all our encouragement to get "lost in the sauce"!!

AliExpat
01-07-2014, 03:45 PM
So my holiday guests are gone and today I am back on plan 100% after 3 weeks of "modifications", lol.

nolasmurf
01-07-2014, 03:57 PM
Hey Team August! Sitting here waiting on the Princess to get out of school. Ready for this cold snap to move on! The high today is 35 and it barley made it! Lol my honey was laughing this morning when i said Ill never complain about being hot again. Im 18lbs from my original goal amd getting anixous about being t here. I want it to hurry up so I can have a treat but the. I think omg im going to fail and gain all the weight back! Its terrifying.

Rockabillygirl
01-09-2014, 08:13 PM
Hello Augusters,

I've been back 100% since 12/30 . . .until a minute ago when I ate a Ghiradeli square that was included in a package I received today. Sigh. As of now, 100% again!!!

I was down 2.2 today. I'll take it! It does feel like its going to be an eternity until I reach my goal -- just need to keep my eye on the goal. Let's all keep going . . . . :-)

Kellimomo3
01-10-2014, 08:12 AM
Hi everyone!!! Still plugging along in maintenance. My hair loss has not stopped yet so unfortunately I will never be able to go back on this diet!!!!! That really bums me out since it works so well for me. But with that said, I am having success in maintenance!!! I phased off in November at 139 and have been able to keep that weight. The scale goes up and down between 138-141 and as soon as I see a 140, I do a phase 1 day and it goes right back down. Now if the hair loss would just stop, I would be really happy!! I wish you all well!!!

lisa32989
01-10-2014, 08:57 AM
Hi everyone!!! Still plugging along in maintenance. My hair loss has not stopped yet so unfortunately I will never be able to go back on this diet!!!!! That really bums me out since it works so well for me. But with that said, I am having success in maintenance!!! I phased off in November at 139 and have been able to keep that weight. The scale goes up and down between 138-141 and as soon as I see a 140, I do a phase 1 day and it goes right back down. Now if the hair loss would just stop, I would be really happy!! I wish you all well!!!

Have you tried using the alternative plan to lose the rest of the weight? It isn't as low carb/calorie/or fat.
Also, have you had a complete thyroid panel run?

AliExpat
01-10-2014, 10:27 AM
BUMP!!! I don't know how I missed this third volume!! Sorry, slownsteady.

schenectady
01-10-2014, 10:56 AM
I am so proud of all who have stuck by this August group! There have been ups and downs and some who have incredibly stuck straight through this many month process. Kudos to all.

What is important is that we are all still here, still trying.

What am I most proud of? Yes, the weight loss, but getting to the gym everyday takes the cake for me. I have never been a gym person, always felt like a fish out of water. I can't say I love going but I love the fact that I DO go! I know I feel better and I know my body is getting healthier, so I am good with that.

So, Augusters, of what are YOU most proud?

schenectady
01-10-2014, 11:07 AM
I am not sure that the previous Augusters is closed since I think I just posted on it?

Anyway, since this is the newer, I will just repost here?

I am so proud of all who have stuck by this August group! There have been ups and downs and some who have incredibly stuck straight through this many month process. Kudos to all.

What is important is that we are all still here, still trying.

What am I most proud of? Yes, the weight loss, but getting to the gym everyday takes the cake for me. I have never been a gym person, always felt like a fish out of water. I can't say I love going but I love the fact that I DO go! I know I feel better and I know my body is getting healthier, so I am good with that.

ReenHag
01-10-2014, 11:18 AM

I am proud of my determination to see this through, especially with some negativity or disbelief from people. I am proud of hubby, who has journeyed with me to a healthier life. In fact, it was his idea to begin with.

I am proud of the 3FC'ers who have shared triumphs and struggles, who have boosted each other up and also administered tough love and hard truths when needed.

~Renee

lisa32989
01-10-2014, 11:21 AM
To avoid confusion, I've requested the duplicate thread be closed. This is not the duplicate :)

schenectady
01-10-2014, 01:55 PM
I am proud of the 3FC'ers who have shared triumphs and struggles, who have boosted each other up and also administered tough love and hard truths when needed.

~Renee

Renee - this is the part of your entry that resonated most with me. I, unlike you, do not have a supportive DH, although I think he may be coming around a wee bit. He has been spotted in the gym, although not with me...by his lonesome self.

Therefore as a empty nester, I turn to the lovely people on here for support and I have never been disappointed. When I got through the tough times, there is sympathetic support and encouragement. When I am doing well, I get lots of those dancing veggies and fairy dust - I love it!

Today marks the first time I have lost weight from the very lowest weight I was a month or so again when I went off track. So I managed to get back to the lowest and now, get going again. Feels great!

I am now approaching the lowest I have been during my marriage. I was 9 pounds less 20 years ago so I have a real goal. After that comes the weight I was when we married, and that is only 14 pounds away......it is nice to have some measuring sticks against which to measure progress.

Kellimomo3
01-10-2014, 02:18 PM
Have you tried using the alternative plan to lose the rest of the weight? It isn't as low carb/calorie/or fat.
Also, have you had a complete thyroid panel run?

My doc did run a complete thyroid panel and everything checked out fine. Right now I am too nervous to try anything until the hair loss stops. I have really thick long hair (thank god) and it is getting so thin!!!! I am trying to get the last nine pounds off by adding in the exercise and continuing to eat well. So far so good.

vachinyc
01-10-2014, 05:56 PM
I am losing a lot of hair too. Thankfully I have a lot so I'm not completely freaked out yet. But I'd like to start phasing off soon and hope that it will abate at that point.

vachinyc
01-12-2014, 04:38 PM
Hi Augusters: just checking in. Just weighed in for Week 21. I am getting a little antsy to move into phase 2...but I'm also nervous. I think I'm antsy because I've passed the original goal the clinic set but I'm still not where they think I should be. But they can't really tell me what that is...other than looking at my bmi/fat %. To be honest, I want to be a smaller size in clothes. But I also want to be a size I can maintain. Not sure what that is.
Of course I'm also worried about the phases and maintenance but I'm trying to remind myself that this process works so I just need to keep on keeping on and trust it to continue to work.
Lots on my mind!

Hope you are all having a wonderful weekend. IP POWER to you!

ReenHag
01-12-2014, 04:46 PM
Hi Augusters: just checking in. Just weighed in for Week 21. I am getting a little antsy to move into phase 2...but I'm also nervous. I think I'm antsy because I've passed the original goal the clinic set but I'm still not where they think I should be. But they can't really tell me what that is...other than looking at my bmi/fat %. To be honest, I want to be a smaller size in clothes. But I also want to be a size I can maintain. Not sure what that is.
Of course I'm also worried about the phases and maintenance but I'm trying to remind myself that this process works so I just need to keep on keeping on and trust it to continue to work.
Lots on my mind!

Best of luck with your phasing onward! You could still lose a bit more, so get to where you are comfortable. You CAN maintain it. You have the tools. Just be very vigilant, and you know what you can do if those numbers start to creep up.

Thinking of you on this journey!

lighthouse101
01-12-2014, 05:06 PM
Lots on my mind!

If you're still wanting to lose a little more, go for it! I set my goal a little lower than where I think I'll end up in maintenance because I know there's sometimes a gain of 2-5 lbs after phasing off as your body replaces its glycogen stores. I figure if I set my goal a little lower then I won't worry about the slight regain if it happens.

schenectady
01-14-2014, 10:53 AM
I am plain just going to wait before I truly set my final goal. It is has soooooo long since I was anywhere near what I "set" as my goal that I do not know how I and my body will be when I reach it.

The goal I set was the lowest I was ever as an adult, but it was also more than 20 years ago and my body after that time and 2 children is not the same. My regular doctor said it would likely put me on the edge of a normal BMI but he is OK with that, particularly compared to where I have been.

Since that conversation, I added the gym because I wanted to make my body more fit for whatever weight I carry. I have dreams of hitting my goal and thinking "hmmmm..maybe I will keep going until I get where I feel smoking hot". OK, kidding about the smoking hot bit, but I am curious as to what life looks like below 160. I think the charts show I should be closer to 145.

MidgieMoon
01-14-2014, 01:01 PM
Hello my August friends! I hope you are all well. I see we are still here, and doing it together! I am getting ready to start pahse 2 in a week or so! I am not at my numerical goal weight, but darn, I feel and look better than I ever thought possible. I truly wish you could all feel this way too! My self esteem is through the roof, and I feel invinvible!

It is my hope to gwet to the end sometime in March. I have another dive trip scheduled for June in Mexico, perhaps I wil buy another bikini??

Cheers!

vachinyc
01-14-2014, 03:18 PM
Hello my August friends! I hope you are all well. I see we are still here, and doing it together! I am getting ready to start pahse 2 in a week or so! I am not at my numerical goal weight, but darn, I feel and look better than I ever thought possible. I truly wish you could all feel this way too! My self esteem is through the roof, and I feel invinvible!

It is my hope to gwet to the end sometime in March. I have another dive trip scheduled for June in Mexico, perhaps I wil buy another bikini??

Cheers!

Dive trips and bikinis... LOTS of inspiration to stay on target :)

I'm so happy to see that IP has helped your feelings of self-esteem. I can feel that changing in me as well...ever so slowly. I'm excited to feel better about myself. I think we get into a rut sometimes when we're overweight where we feel somehow "less than". It's not true for everyone but has certainly been true for me.

You go MidgieMoon! You are awesome!

lighthouse101
01-14-2014, 05:31 PM
Dive trips and bikinis... LOTS of inspiration to stay on target :)

I'm so happy to see that IP has helped your feelings of self-esteem. I can feel that changing in me as well...ever so slowly. I'm excited to feel better about myself. I think we get into a rut sometimes when we're overweight where we feel somehow "less than". It's not true for everyone but has certainly been true for me.

You go MidgieMoon! You are awesome!

Also glad to hear that this is happening for people. I'm not there yet - too many years of abusing my body and disliking the result and myself for it to undo in just a few months! I'm working on it though, and hope I can feel the love soon!

schenectady
01-15-2014, 10:47 AM
Also glad to hear that this is happening for people. I'm not there yet - too many years of abusing my body and disliking the result and myself for it to undo in just a few months! I'm working on it though, and hope I can feel the love soon!

Lighthouse - you probably are not alone in the feeling of dislike that can hang over after so many years. I know that in the first months of IP, I was not convinced of where I was going and where it would take me.

An aha moment finally changed some of that for me. I tripped across an old friend who I would periodically see in town. She literally did NOT recognize me at first - I had to say who I was. She was stunned.

That was the first real moment where I felt and knew what I have done and where I am going. I went home and cleaned closet and was also stunned by how many clothes no longer fit me - some I had never even worn because I never thought to try them on for size because I did not think they could possibly fit.

Fingers crossed that maybe a big aha moment will hit for you, too, and you can enjoy the wonderful big sunshine that brings into your life.

lighthouse101
01-15-2014, 12:34 PM
Lighthouse - you probably are not alone in the feeling of dislike that can hang over after so many years. I know that in the first months of IP, I was not convinced of where I was going and where it would take me.

An aha moment finally changed some of that for me. I tripped across an old friend who I would periodically see in town. She literally did NOT recognize me at first - I had to say who I was. She was stunned.

That was the first real moment where I felt and knew what I have done and where I am going. I went home and cleaned closet and was also stunned by how many clothes no longer fit me - some I had never even worn because I never thought to try them on for size because I did not think they could possibly fit.

Fingers crossed that maybe a big aha moment will hit for you, too, and you can enjoy the wonderful big sunshine that brings into your life.

Thanks, schenectady, and also for sharing such an amazing NSV! I know you are a big supporter of exercise and I have recently started adding some in too. I'm hoping that will help - just being grateful for having a healthy body that can do lots of wonderful things.

vachinyc
01-15-2014, 03:40 PM
... just being grateful for having a healthy body that can do lots of wonderful things.

Totally agree lighthouse. It is wonderful to have a healthy body that can do lots of wonderful things. :)

Rockabillygirl
01-16-2014, 10:06 PM
Hello! I had a good WI today -- down 3.8 lbs! I am at exactly 200. I honestly am not sure when the last time I was at this weight was -- at least 10 years ago, probably more like 15. Next week I will be in "onederland"!!

What is even more amazing to me, we looked back at my measurements today and as of now my bust and hips are the size my waist was when I started! I've gone from 52-43-52 to 43-38-43. Obviously I have a long way to go, but 6 months ago I'd pretty much given up hope of ever losing weight, so this whole thing is amazing to me!

Glad to see everyone staying positive!

schenectady
01-17-2014, 02:20 AM
Hello! I had a good WI today -- down 3.8 lbs! I am at exactly 200. I honestly am not sure when the last time I was at this weight was -- at least 10 years ago, probably more like 15. Next week I will be in "onederland"!!

What is even more amazing to me, we looked back at my measurements today and as of now my bust and hips are the size my waist was when I started! I've gone from 52-43-52 to 43-38-43. Obviously I have a long way to go, but 6 months ago I'd pretty much given up hope of ever losing weight, so this whole thing is amazing to me!

What a great job you have done and now you are going to Onderland! How very exciting. I still have a way to go for that thrill, but I cannot wait. I have not been there since before my wedding 24 years ago, so I can guess how you feel 'cause I know how I will!

lighthouse101
01-17-2014, 09:04 AM

Congrats on your progress and for sticking with it!

ecdcslim
01-17-2014, 11:08 AM
Hi all, it was really great to see that someone revived this thread! It's been quite a journey for all of us, look at the progress we've made! Vachinyc, I hear you about the ever changing goal - my clinic changed me too. I'm so close, I think that even if I haven't hit it at my weigh-in tomorrow, I'll move to phase 2. I love the way I look in clothes now, not so crazy about the no-clothes look, LOL but think if I could get back to some cardio and just live like this for a while, I might settle into the new way of being. But the great thing is, I can always go back to phase 1 if I find I'm slipping or losing the discipline. Thanks for all the support you guys have given me over the months, I know I couldn't have done it without you all.

schenectady
01-17-2014, 11:15 AM
Hi all, it was really great to see that someone revived this thread! It's been quite a journey for all of us, look at the progress we've made! Vachinyc, I hear you about the ever changing goal - my clinic changed me too. I'm so close, I think that even if I haven't hit it at my weigh-in tomorrow, I'll move to phase 2. I love the way I look in clothes now, not so crazy about the no-clothes look, LOL but think if I could get back to some cardio and just live like this for a while, I might settle into the new way of being. But the great thing is, I can always go back to phase 1 if I find I'm slipping or losing the discipline. Thanks for all the support you guys have given me over the months, I know I couldn't have done it without you all.

Great accomplishment - that weight that you are looking for tomorrow is even lower that with which you started. What an accomplishment. Congratulations.

I think one of the great things about this program is that we can get excited about how we look in clothes again! For many, many years, I never REALLY looked in the mirror, knowing instinctively that would start my day off really wrong. I actually enjoy catching a glimpse of myself in the mirror because I surprise myself!

For Augusters - it is great that some of hung in there on the board - it has been a great help. Anyone hear from slowsteady? She is such a cheery and positive person and I miss hearing her voice on here.

nolasmurf
01-17-2014, 11:15 AM
Hey Augusters. I'm hanging in there. Yesterday I was 145.2, .2 lbs away from the 50lb mark. This morning I was 144. Gah lol! Getting pretty fatigued with the program. I may move into phase 2 for a bit to open up some options. Not sure yet. Keep on truckin gals!

schenectady
01-17-2014, 11:22 AM
Hey Augusters. I'm hanging in there. Yesterday I was 145.2, .2 lbs away from the 50lb mark. This morning I was 144. Gah lol! Getting pretty fatigued with the program. I may move into phase 2 for a bit to open up some options. Not sure yet. Keep on truckin gals!

WOW - two bonuses in one weigh in...you manage to drop 1.2 pounds in one day AND you go over 50 pounds. You must be floating with excitement! For someone at your height, 50 pounds is a HUGE loss and must make you an entirely new woman. I hope you are enjoying it.

Although there have been times when I was tired of the program, I am OK now. I think the extended 'vacation' I took when I could not get my mind in the right place served to reset my interest. I am quite keen on being 100% OP and being as active as possible through the day.

I now make myself a to-do list every morning for two reasons. Yes, it helps my feeble mind keep track of what I need to do, but it is also a way for me to see how active I am and can be. It is fun at the end of the day to look at my crossed off activities.

vachinyc
01-18-2014, 07:53 AM

Wow rockabilly your stats are awesome! My waist measurement isn't moving like I'd like - it's always been troublesome - but I think I need a new bra :)

lisa32989
01-18-2014, 09:37 AM
Ladies:
I have some barely worn bras.
If anyone is a DDD, shoot me a PM

lighthouse101
01-18-2014, 10:16 AM

Your progress has been amazing! I'm so happy for you and can't wait until I get to that point. This will the the year for so many of us!

Wow, what an accomplishment! I hear you about the fatigue - I think that's why I fell off the wagon for a bit over the holidays. In hindsight, though if I had stayed with it, I'd be closer to my goals and not working on relosing weight I lost before the holidays. You journey is an inspiration to me to keep on moving!

Although there have been times when I was tired of the program, I am OK now. I think the extended 'vacation' I took when I could not get my mind in the right place served to reset my interest. I am quite keen on being 100% OP and being as active as possible through the day.

Me too! I feel like I'm back in the right head space to keep going now and I'm loving getting some more exercise in too.

schenectady
01-19-2014, 10:24 AM
Your progress has been amazing! I'm so happy for you and can't wait until I get to that point. This will the the year for so many of us!

Me too! I feel like I'm back in the right head space to keep going now and I'm loving getting some more exercise in too.

I love your reference to "right head space" because that is exactly the way I look at it. Mine is a mental/emotional battle to keep myself in that place. The more I do it, the easier it is.

The exercise part of it surprised me. I have never gone to a gym and never successfully exercised regularly. I find the exercise helps keep me in that same right space. Part of it is probably the physical body response and some of it is knowing exactly how hard it is to burn up the few calories I do - why would I give that up for some poor choice of what I later put in my mouth!

Rockabillygirl
01-19-2014, 12:46 PM
Oh dear . . . I went to a work gathering last night and fell off the wagon completely!! It didn't help that my co-workers were telling me how great I looked and that cheating once in awhile wouldn't undo it all. Obviously it was my choice, and what's done is done, but I'm really going to be mad at myself if it shows on the scale on Thursday! (Although, in reality, that might be good for me because every time I've cheated so far, it has NOT caught up with me, which makes it easier to cheat . . . )

I'm rambling but I felt the need to "confess". Have a great Sunday!

lighthouse101
01-19-2014, 02:09 PM
Oh dear . . . I went to a work gathering last night and fell off the wagon completely!! It didn't help that my co-workers were telling me how great I looked and that cheating once in awhile wouldn't undo it all. Obviously it was my choice, and what's done is done, but I'm really going to be mad at myself if it shows on the scale on Thursday! (Although, in reality, that might be good for me because every time I've cheated so far, it has NOT caught up with me, which makes it easier to cheat . . . )

I'm rambling but I felt the need to "confess". Have a great Sunday!

Thanks for sharing. Many of us have unfortunately experienced something similar while on IP, myself included. Don't stress too much about it and just hop back on the IP train to get where you want to be!

vachinyc
01-21-2014, 04:13 PM
I am having a case of fatigue of the diet ... I feel bad even saying since others have been doing it so much longer. I find myself thinking about food I can't have a lot and even trying to rationalize that just a little would be ok. Yikes!

I think the thing that concerns me most is that if I have these feelings now (ie I don't think that any cravings are gone) which makes me nervous about the longer term and maintenance.

Reading the boards today for inspiration and determination.

IP POWER to us all.

lisa32989
01-21-2014, 05:28 PM
I am having a case of fatigue of the diet ... I feel bad even saying since others have been doing it so much longer. I find myself thinking about food I can't have a lot and even trying to rationalize that just a little would be ok. Yikes!

I think the thing that concerns me most is that if I have these feelings now (ie I don't think that any cravings are gone) which makes me nervous about the longer term and maintenance.

Reading the boards today for inspiration and determination.

IP POWER to us all.
I'm confused. Your trackers say you're at (past) goal. Haven't you moved past p1?

Brenda52411
01-21-2014, 05:47 PM
I'm new to the 3fatchicks group, so please be patient with me as I try to maneuver around this site.

I started with the Ideal Protein Diet, along with hubby, on Aug 5, 2013. I have gone from 189 pounds to now 132, with 2 more pounds to go, to achieve my weight loss goal. I imagine next week, we will be going from Stage 1 to Stage 2.

I have had MASSIVE hair loss... my doctor just started this diet in her clinic shortly before we started on the diet. She believes that my hair will likely grow back, once we get off the diet. Has anyone else found hair loss, and did it grow back, or is there something I should be / could be doing to help it grow back?

Brenda52411
01-21-2014, 05:55 PM
Kelli,

You are eating the Phase 3 breakfast, but on Phase 1 for noon and your supper meal? I think I'm confused. I'm still on Phase 1, but think next week I will be moving to Phase 2.

What phase are you in, if you are eating the huge breakfast, but still on Phase 1 for dinner and supper?

vachinyc
01-21-2014, 06:18 PM
I'm confused. Your trackers say you're at (past) goal. Haven't you moved past p1?

Hey Lisa: I'm still in phase 1 per my clinic's reco and also because I'm not really the size I'd expect to be. The clinic is still showing my bmi as not yet in the normal category and that I have 6 pds of fat to lose so their thought is I lose the fat and get my bmi into normal. (the 171 goal I post here is what they gave me originally)

I haven't changed my goal because they said they are just looking for the bmi/fat to both be normal and that may or may not be the 6 lbs. they have of course also mentioned that the scales aren't foolproof and if I stall, I could go to phase 2.

I do realize I could push the issue - especially now that I'm feeling a little diet fatigue - but I'm also feeling like they have been very helpful so far. 155 is appealing and gets me closer normal in the height/weight charts (that don't factor in anything like bone structure or age). So in my head, a lot of factors are pointing to "keep going".

I weigh again tomorrow - will be week 22.5 (I normally weigh on Saturday) but it's also in the evening and I normally weigh in the morning. So it won't be apples to apples with my last weigh in about a week and a half ago. Home scale doesn't show much movement regardless.

The last time I was at the clinic we discussed the diet fatigue and they asked if I'd try to stick it out a little longer to get to the normal bmi. I'm trying, just have more days of "ugh" where it used to be a little easier to manage.

I have some concerns that I'll regret phasing too soon and wish I had stuck it out. Could be I also am worried it feels like quitting (before bmi is even normal) before I'm fully done losing ... even though in my head, I know it's not.

I have some history of self sabbatage so I'm trying to be mindful and not do that here given all the work to date.

Weight is complicated may be the short answer.

lisa32989
01-21-2014, 06:53 PM
Hey Lisa: I'm still in phase 1 per my clinic's reco and also because I'm not really the size I'd expect to be. The clinic is still showing my bmi as not yet in the normal category and that I have 6 pds of fat to lose so their thought is I lose the fat and get my bmi into normal. (the 171 goal I post here is what they gave me originally)

I haven't changed my goal because they said they are just looking for the bmi/fat to both be normal and that may or may not be the 6 lbs. they have of course also mentioned that the scales aren't foolproof and if I stall, I could go to phase 2.

I do realize I could push the issue - especially now that I'm feeling a little diet fatigue - but I'm also feeling like they have been very helpful so far. 155 is appealing and gets me closer normal in the height/weight charts (that don't factor in anything like bone structure or age). So in my head, a lot of factors are pointing to "keep going".

I weigh again tomorrow - will be week 22.5 (I normally weigh on Saturday) but it's also in the evening and I normally weigh in the morning. So it won't be apples to apples with my last weigh in about a week and a half ago. Home scale doesn't show much movement regardless.

The last time I was at the clinic we discussed the diet fatigue and they asked if I'd try to stick it out a little longer to get to the normal bmi. I'm trying, just have more days of "ugh" where it used to be a little easier to manage.

I have some concerns that I'll regret phasing too soon and wish I had stuck it out. Could be I also am worried it feels like quitting (before bmi is even normal) before I'm fully done losing ... even though in my head, I know it's not.

I have some history of self sabbatage so I'm trying to be mindful and not do that here given all the work to date.

Okay. Your trackers just confused me.
Anyway, I've seen many peeps continue to lose in both p2 AND p3
Just FYI

ReenHag
01-21-2014, 08:28 PM

That is a lot of info to process! I hope you are finding it a little easier. I have had those days, but trust me, restarting is harder. Get where you want to be now, then phase off. It was harder for me to get back into the swing of things after the holidays. I am there now, but it has taken two full weeks to get my head fully back into the game. When I have a bad day (typically stress-driven, for me), I just look at it one day at a time or even one meal at a time. It makes the process much more do-able.

Good luck getting into that normal BMI range! You will be there before you know it!

Renee

vachinyc
01-21-2014, 08:41 PM
That is a lot of info to process! I hope you are finding it a little easier. I have had those days, but trust me, restarting is harder. Get where you want to be now, then phase off. It was harder for me to get back into the swing of things after the holidays. I am there now, but it has taken two full weeks to get my head fully back into the game. When I have a bad day (typically stress-driven, for me), I just look at it one day at a time or even one meal at a time. It makes the process much more do-able.

Good luck getting into that normal BMI range! You will be there before you know it!

Renee

Thanks Renee. I sometimes "think" too much so that plays a role in all this too. I like "one meal at a time". Good advice. :)

ecdcslim
01-22-2014, 10:17 AM

Please, please know that you can hang in there! I had the same issue, reached my initial goal, I made the weight but my body fat % was over 35 and they weren't happy. I had 2 cheat days totally off plan at Xmas and NYE and boy was I craving after that! Sweets, crackers, cream cheese. But I decided to push on. It only took 5 lbs for me to get seriously under that 35% and I have to say I love my body more at this weight than the heavier initial goal. You have worked so hard, you CAN do this, look at your success to date. So know that I'm here, supporting you, what ever you do but I know you can push through if it's what you want.

schenectady
01-22-2014, 10:29 AM

You are sure right that "weight is complicated"! No other way to see it.

What struck me in your post was the comment that you feel you are not the size you would expect to be. If you have a mental image of where you want to be as a result of this, then maybe your mind is telling you something - that you are not done yet?

If you are feeling that way, maybe you can find a way to hang in there a little longer - make a little project of researching recipes that you have not tried yet (roasted cabbage?) and planning out another week's menu using those? I would hate for you to stop when part of you is saying you are not there yet.

Good luck with whatever you decide - you have done a great job of losing a lot of weight.

Kellimomo3
01-22-2014, 01:59 PM
I'm new to the 3fatchicks group, so please be patient with me as I try to maneuver around this site.

I started with the Ideal Protein Diet, along with hubby, on Aug 5, 2013. I have gone from 189 pounds to now 132, with 2 more pounds to go, to achieve my weight loss goal. I imagine next week, we will be going from Stage 1 to Stage 2.

I have had MASSIVE hair loss... my doctor just started this diet in her clinic shortly before we started on the diet. She believes that my hair will likely grow back, once we get off the diet. Has anyone else found hair loss, and did it grow back, or is there something I should be / could be doing to help it grow back?

Hi there! I feel your pain! I had to totally phase off since my hair loss was so sudden and massive!!! I phased off in November and my hair is still coming out at the same rate. My doctor ran tests and everything is normal so she expects the hair loss to stop three months from when I phased off which will be mid February. I do notice hair growing back but I have long hair that I love so it will take forever!!! Glad I lost the 40 pounds but really hate this side effect for me! You asked what I was eating and I am doing phase 4. For breakfast, I either have Special K protein cereal with 1/2 grapefruit and plain greek yogart or an egg and whole grain lite english muffin instead of the cereal. Lunch I have my veggies and an IP protein bar and snack I have yogart, dinner I do phase 4. I'm not really doing a cheat day but as soon as I see a 140# on the scale, I do a phase 1 day and it goes right back down so that's what works for me. Good luck!!!!!!

vachinyc
01-22-2014, 06:59 PM
Please, please know that you can hang in there! I had the same issue, reached my initial goal, I made the weight but my body fat % was over 35 and they weren't happy. I had 2 cheat days totally off plan at Xmas and NYE and boy was I craving after that! Sweets, crackers, cream cheese. But I decided to push on. It only took 5 lbs for me to get seriously under that 35% and I have to say I love my body more at this weight than the heavier initial goal. You have worked so hard, you CAN do this, look at your success to date. So know that I'm here, supporting you, what ever you do but I know you can push through if it's what you want.

You are sure right that "weight is complicated"! No other way to see it.

What struck me in your post was the comment that you feel you are not the size you would expect to be. If you have a mental image of where you want to be as a result of this, then maybe your mind is telling you something - that you are not done yet?

If you are feeling that way, maybe you can find a way to hang in there a little longer - make a little project of researching recipes that you have not tried yet (roasted cabbage?) and planning out another week's menu using those? I would hate for you to stop when part of you is saying you are not there yet.

Good luck with whatever you decide - you have done a great job of losing a lot of weight.

Thanks for the support :)

I weighed in today and lost more than I expected. I'm in the 150s. What what?!?! I lowered my goal to 155 in my ticker which should put me at a normal bmi. I don't see the clinic folks for a week and a half and we agreed to discuss then and see where I am. I'm hanging tough!

PS also posted a picture rather than an avatar. Photos still make me uncomfortable - I took this to post over a week ago - but I decided to bite the bullet and be brave (for me anyway)

nolasmurf
01-22-2014, 09:11 PM

I weighed in today and lost more than I expected. I'm in the 150s. What what?!?! I lowered my goal to 155 in my ticker which should put me at a normal bmi. I don't see the clinic folks for a week and a half and we agreed to discuss then and see where I am. I'm hanging tough!

PS also posted a picture rather than an avatar. Photos still make me uncomfortable - I took this to post over a week ago - but I decided to bite the bullet and be brave (for me anyway)

Great pic! You are doing an awesome job!

vachinyc
01-22-2014, 10:07 PM
Great pic! You are doing an awesome job!

Thanks! You too...I'm jealous of your size 10s :)

mars735
01-22-2014, 11:29 PM
vachinyc, you look great! I experienced diet fatigue toward the end, too. If you haven't already done so, I suggest going shopping. Reward yourself for the fabulous job have done. Relish your success fully, enjoy your healthy new body to the max--now and on maintenance, whenever you decide that is. You've earned it.

Brenda, I had major hair loss toward the end of P1 that continued into maintenance several weeks to the point that I went wig-shopping. Recently, about the 4th month into maintenance, it started growing back. IP states that it's related to hormones released by fat cells as you lose weight and will grow back. My hair stylist (and others on 3FC) say that any diet with rigorous calorie restriction can cause hair loss. You can search the IP forum and find the hair loss thread and find some good info about it. Hang in there!

vachinyc
01-23-2014, 06:37 AM
vachinyc, you look great! I experienced diet fatigue toward the end, too. If you haven't already done so, I suggest going shopping. Reward yourself for the fabulous job have done. Relish your success fully, enjoy your healthy new body to the max--now and on maintenance, whenever you decide that is. You've earned it.

Thanks Mars. I haven't really shopped much yet - just a few pairs of inexpensive pants to have something to wear to work. (And I can shop my closet to a degree) Figured I'd wait until I settled in at a size but you're right, a treat outfit might help :)

lisa32989
01-23-2014, 07:25 AM

Girl:
You are in normal BMI now!!!
Congrats!
I fully understand giving yourself a few lbs leeway, however
Love the pic. Congrats on bravery :)

lighthouse101
01-23-2014, 12:01 PM
I had to totally phase off since my hair loss was so sudden and massive!!! I phased off in November and my hair is still coming out at the same rate. My doctor ran tests and everything is normal so she expects the hair loss to stop three months from when I phased off which will be mid February. I do notice hair growing back but I have long hair that I love so it will take forever!!! Glad I lost the 40 pounds but really hate this side effect for me!

Ugh, I'm having the same side effect - hair loss at an alarming rate. I'm getting a bit worried because I have about 30 lbs or so to go and I don't want to have to phase off quite yet! If it gets any thinner I'll have to give it some serious thought.

ecdcslim
01-23-2014, 01:07 PM
Ugh, I'm having the same side effect - hair loss at an alarming rate. I'm getting a bit worried because I have about 30 lbs or so to go and I don't want to have to phase off quite yet! If it gets any thinner I'll have to give it some serious thought.

Are you guys taking Biotin? I've been taking it since day one at my coach's advice, no hair loss.

lisa32989
01-23-2014, 01:10 PM
Are you guys taking Biotin? I've been taking it since day one at my coach's advice, no hair loss.
Some people get more hair loss than others no matter what they do. The biotin may or may not be helping you. And some folks don't experience any hair loss until after approximately month 5. It really does vary.

Kellimomo3
01-23-2014, 02:16 PM

Well, if it helps your decision at all, the hair loss won't stop right away anyways. My doc says three months from whatever trauma (dietary) triggered it and 3 months approx from phasing off. SO whether you stay on or not for the next three months at least it will keep falling out. For me, I was within 9 pounds of my phase off weight and actually my original goal was 140 so I was ok with phasing off but really ready to stop losing handfuls every day!!!
For those who asked, yes I am taking biotin as well as all my vitamins, b12 and fish oil! Has not helped at all. Coach said it affects roughly 11% of women on IP. Lucky me!

lighthouse101
01-23-2014, 02:56 PM

I started taking Biotin as soon as the hair loss started (around month 3) and haven't noticed a difference. I was told it can take as long as 6-8 weeks to start having an effect, so if it's going to work it should start soon! At the very least maybe it will help my new hair grow in nice and strong.

vachinyc
01-23-2014, 06:29 PM
Girl:
You are in normal BMI now!!!
Congrats!
I fully understand giving yourself a few lbs leeway, however
Love the pic. Congrats on bravery :)

Thanks Lisa! I am grinning ear to ear about "normal" bmi :)

ReenHag
01-23-2014, 06:52 PM
Having a down month, Augusters. Just not feeling "it"; not in terms of IP, but just in general. I guess it is a mix of the weather and work stress, and perhaps the post-holiday let down. So I came home today quite down, just sat on the couch and zoned out completely. Then I decided to get my BUTT in gear and did not one, but TWO half-hour toning workouts. All that talk about endorphins- there is something to that! LOL I guess I have found my "anti-depressant" to get me through the dead of winter.

(Remind me of this when I am having another really bad, down day, please.)

lisa32989
01-23-2014, 07:22 PM
Thanks Lisa! I am grinning ear to ear about "normal" bmi :)
here's a calculator
http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/guidelines/obesity/BMI/bmicalc.htm

Having a down month, Augusters. Just not feeling "it"; not in terms of IP, but just in general. I guess it is a mix of the weather and work stress, and perhaps the post-holiday let down. So I came home today quite down, just sat on the couch and zoned out completely. Then I decided to get my BUTT in gear and did not one, but TWO half-hour toning workouts. All that talk about endorphins- there is something to that! LOL I guess I have found my "anti-depressant" to get me through the dead of winter.

Me too...down month...probably the remnants of the virus hanging on.
I went to the gym for my toning workout and a stretching class. Practically jumped out of my skin during stretching class but I did it. And I'm doing it again in the morning. Geez....it is soooo much easier to stay in bed but so much better for me to get my arse up & move!!!

lighthouse101
01-23-2014, 07:29 PM

Sorry you're having a down month. I'm so proud of you for allowing yourself a little time to zone out (nothing wrong with the occasional zone out) and then turning it around by doing something healthy instead of going for comfort food or something. It's really wonderful! Glad to see you coming to the boards for support too. :-)

Rockabillygirl
01-23-2014, 07:47 PM
Yay! Today is crossed into long-forgotten territory, the land of below 200! Pretty exciting!!

I hope you all have a great evening!

IdealProteinNewbie
01-23-2014, 08:08 PM
Yay! Today is crossed into long-forgotten territory, the land of below 200! Pretty exciting!!

:broc:

calypso58
01-23-2014, 08:59 PM

Huge congrats!!! :carrot::carrot::carrot:

schenectady
01-23-2014, 09:03 PM

Pretty exciting? Very exciting! I know that is a BIG hurdle that I look forward to taking, so know that we are all proud of the hardwork and dedication that it takes for that.

I do not know how to make the carrots dance, but think of fireworks going off for you.

nolasmurf
01-23-2014, 09:17 PM

I've been up and down this month as well. Post holidays and all the junk.
Happy to hear the workouts helped. I'm all about taking the zone out and reflecting on why I'm doing this diet.

Today we got "fitted" for a fashion show we are having at work. I was able to fit in an off the rack dress that looks AWESome on me. ;)

ReenHag
01-23-2014, 10:13 PM
I've been up and down this month as well. Post holidays and all the junk.
Happy to hear the workouts helped. I'm all about taking the zone out and reflecting on why I'm doing this diet.

Today we got "fitted" for a fashion show we are having at work. I was able to fit in an off the rack dress that looks AWESome on me. ;)

Would love to see a pic! Fashion show sounds fun! And thanks for the support. Zone-outers, unite!!!

Bellamack
01-23-2014, 10:57 PM

Congrats! I am getting so close I can taste it :) keep up the good work!

lisa32989
01-24-2014, 08:13 AM

Welcome to Onederland!

schenectady
01-24-2014, 09:13 AM

You mirror my thoughts. I have discovered that when I start to feel blue or discouraged with my losses, I have to grab the bag and make myself go to the gym. Yesterday, I did that and discovered that my dear son had loaded new songs onto my IPod while he was home on leave. What a treat to thump on the treadmill o my favorite music and realize what he had done for me.

Guess that validated I had made the right choice.

Rockabillygirl
01-24-2014, 01:14 PM
Thanks for all the positive comments, everyone! I am working from home today due to icy conditions and am fighting the urge to snack!! So far, so good!

schenectady
01-25-2014, 11:26 AM
How many Augusters do we still have here? Check in so we do not disappear and lose each other.

nolasmurf
01-25-2014, 11:45 AM
Morning all! Took the weekend off since it's my daughters bday on Monday. She'll be 17! Gah! My baby is all grown up. :(

She had to take the SAT test this morning so I'm relaxing and trying to grab some sunshine. Lol the cat both dogs an I are crammed into the one window of the house that's getting the sunshine .

So when my boss joined our team in OCT he was close to 400lbs. After the holidays he overheard my co-worker and I talking about IP and our success. He asked a lot of questions and did some research now he's doing IP. He's doing great too! I think he said he's down around 10lbs in the first week. We're doing a biggest loser at work starting next week and we've decided our team is gonna win. Lol!

ReenHag
01-25-2014, 11:51 AM
How many Augusters do we still have here? Check in so we do not disappear and lose each other.

Still here! Truckin' along...

Morning all! Took the weekend off since it's my daughters bday on Monday. She'll be 17! Gah! My baby is all grown up. :(

She had to take the SAT test this morning so I'm relaxing and trying to grab some sunshine. Lol the cat both dogs an I are crammed into the one window of the house that's getting the sunshine .

So when my boss joined our team in OCT he was close to 400lbs. After the holidays he overheard my co-worker and I talking about IP and our success. He asked a lot of questions and did some research now he's doing IP. He's doing great too! I think he said he's down around 10lbs in the first week. We're doing a biggest loser at work starting next week and we've decided our team is gonna win. Lol!

Wow, it's great that your boss has joined. Good for him! Enjoy your BL contest! We did that a few years back, and my boss won (the only man in the group). We teased him about having rolls of quarters in his pockets at the first weigh-in. LOL

Enjoy your time with DD and hope she has a great b-day! Also hope she does well on the SAT. We're getting ready to celebrate my daughter's 21st in March. It definitely goes by too fast!

~Renee

lighthouse101
01-25-2014, 02:49 PM

Still here! Hoping to reach goal and get to maintenance in the next 3-4 months or so!

vachinyc
01-25-2014, 03:16 PM
Hi all: still here ...almost at my new goal. thinking I will be moving to Phase 2 in February.

Brrr, it's cold and ever since IP, I'm freezing anyway (which is a total change - most of my life I've been too warm. With or without added fat padding)

Have a great weekend!

KareVT...are you out there?

Rockabillygirl
01-26-2014, 11:19 AM
Happy Sunday morning!

I have questions for those of you who are experiencing hair loss. For quite awhile I've been kind of in denial that I could be experiencing it -- my hair is very thick and coarse and is currently the longest it's been in my life, so it seems normal that I'm going to make spectacular "drain rats"! But now I'm paranoid that maybe it's more than that . . . I honestly don't know if I'm imagining it! When you lose hair, is it all over or in patches? Are certain areas more prone to hair loss? I'm imagining (or not!) that the front of my hair on top is thinning. I've always had kind of a receding hairline on the sides of the top.

I'm not sure if I should continue my current state of denial until I'm bald (just kidding) or what. If I am losing hair due to IP, I've still got months to go so that's kind of upsetting.

I'm also wondering if seeking the help of my hair dresser might be more beneficial than going to the doctor!

nolasmurf
01-26-2014, 11:32 AM
I've noticed an uptick in General shedding. I don't notice any bald patches. Quite frankly I'm terrified by how thin my hair is. I am taking biotin but not sure what to do. I'm so close to goal I don't want to phase off. Any tips would be wonderful

Rockabillygirl
01-26-2014, 12:11 PM
I did a search on here for "hair loss" and found some good info. While it doesn't help with NOW, it is reassuring to know it is temporary.

lighthouse101
01-27-2014, 10:50 AM
Happy Sunday morning!

I have questions for those of you who are experiencing hair loss. For quite awhile I've been kind of in denial that I could be experiencing it -- my hair is very thick and coarse and is currently the longest it's been in my life, so it seems normal that I'm going to make spectacular "drain rats"! But now I'm paranoid that maybe it's more than that . . . I honestly don't know if I'm imagining it! When you lose hair, is it all over or in patches? Are certain areas more prone to hair loss? I'm imagining (or not!) that the front of my hair on top is thinning. I've always had kind of a receding hairline on the sides of the top.

I'm not sure if I should continue my current state of denial until I'm bald (just kidding) or what. If I am losing hair due to IP, I've still got months to go so that's kind of upsetting.

I'm also wondering if seeking the help of my hair dresser might be more beneficial than going to the doctor!

Mine has been a general thinning as well. Luckily my hair was thick to start with so it's not noticeable to anyone but me right now. I'm going to stick with IP for a few more months to try to get as close to goal as possible and hope I don't get any bald patches in the process! It will take a few months for the new hair to grow back regardless, from what I hear. I just wish the grays would fall out instead of my nice brown hairs. :^:

schenectady
01-27-2014, 01:47 PM

Nolasmurf - how wonderful that you provided the inspiration for your boss. I think one of the great things about this site is that the veterans can help the newbies and it is all being 'paid forward'.

When I get to goal. I hope that I can do that as well although I do not think that I will ever approach the good of 65X65 or Lisa.

lisa32989
01-27-2014, 02:03 PM
Nolasmurf - how wonderful that you provided the inspiration for your boss. I think one of the great things about this site is that the veterans can help the newbies and it is all being 'paid forward'.

When I get to goal. I hope that I can do that as well although I do not think that I will ever approach the good of 65X65 or Lisa.
Here's how I think...
I really don't think I can keep what I have unless I give it away.
So I help others...

nolasmurf
01-28-2014, 11:49 AM
Hey Team August we got kicked off the first page again. What's up in your worlds? How are you feeling?

Personally I've been feeling some fatigue with the strict lifestyle and I made some poor choices over the weekend. Mainly just eating out to many too many times. I could see and feel the bloat from the sodium etc so I'm back on track.

Was telling,y honey about a dream last night: I dreamt that I was shopping for a new swimsuit. :o can't even fathom that right now now. But I guess with tour weather at 34 and falling I was dreaming of being somewhere warm. He told me well yea babe you're gonna have to buy a new suit! He suggested a bikini! Ha! Doubt that highly even at my smallest I wasn't comfortable in a bikini. I guess we'll see come the summer time.

schenectady
01-28-2014, 12:40 PM
nolasmurf - I can appreciate the challenges eating out and that has been tough for me. We have our house on the market and so cooking anything that leaves odors is a no-no. I whirled around like crazy yesterday for 2 prospective buyers so I would think I burned off a lot.

We went out for our anniversary last night and I was very careful - Greek salad, no feta, no olives, vinaigrette on the side, unused (I guess there goes the "greek" in the salad!) I had delicious rosemary cut up chicken breast, drank lots of water. Hope being good will show up soon on my weight.

What struck me as we celebrated 24 years together is that this is a new 24 years starting now and it is up to me to make it everything I have wanted. I have lost -55 and I am essentially the same weight I was when we first married. So I am back and "go" and I am going to do all that I can for me.

ReenHag
01-28-2014, 06:25 PM
Hey Team August we got kicked off the first page again. What's up in your worlds? How are you feeling?

Personally I've been feeling some fatigue with the strict lifestyle and I made some poor choices over the weekend. Mainly just eating out to many too many times. I could see and feel the bloat from the sodium etc so I'm back on track.

Was telling,y honey about a dream last night: I dreamt that I was shopping for a new swimsuit. :o can't even fathom that right now now. But I guess with tour weather at 34 and falling I was dreaming of being somewhere warm. He told me well yea babe you're gonna have to buy a new suit! He suggested a bikini! Ha! Doubt that highly even at my smallest I wasn't comfortable in a bikini. I guess we'll see come the summer time.

Doing okay here in my bitterly cold world. Maybe it was a bad idea to start losing my "padding" before this crazy winter! Joking, of course. I do NOT want those 40+ lbs back! However, I can totally understand dreaming of summery things!

School/ work is as crazy as ever. Just teying to make it through till May. Sis and I got tix to see Billy Joel in July in DC, so that is definitely an event to look forward to! I am a HUGE Billy fan! (Well, not as big as I used to be! :carrot:)

Stay warm, everyone!

~Renee

ecdcslim
01-29-2014, 12:07 PM
Hi all, still here, heading down toward Phase 3 this weekend. Phase 2's been a non issue for me, mostly a pain as it was SOOO easy to have a packet and salad for lunch, now I have to think about what protein I'm going to eat. We have a cafe in the office but since I only eat fish and eggs for protein, the salad bar is getting a little same ole same ole. (only so much dry tuna and chopped hard boiled eggs I can stand). Phase 3 will be interesting - I haven't lost weight really over Phase 2 - maybe 2.5 lbs over 2 weeks - but think inches are going. I really wanted to be under 135 lbs as I know I'm going to put on weight when I re-introduce the carbs.

schenectady
01-29-2014, 02:45 PM
I am having so much fun 'shopping' in my closet. I have about 1 more size smaller that have been hanging around, so it is fun to slip something on and find it slide down smoothly. Some things I passed by without ever wearing but that is not a problem to me!

So I am about 1/2 way through the size 18's and looking eagerly to get into my first size 16. Huge motivational thing for me to see the old stuff dropped off at the thrift store. My closet is now about half empty....

ReenHag
01-29-2014, 03:16 PM
Hi all, still here, heading down toward Phase 3 this weekend. Phase 2's been a non issue for me, mostly a pain as it was SOOO easy to have a packet and salad for lunch, now I have to think about what protein I'm going to eat. We have a cafe in the office but since I only eat fish and eggs for protein, the salad bar is getting a little same ole same ole. (only so much dry tuna and chopped hard boiled eggs I can stand). Phase 3 will be interesting - I haven't lost weight really over Phase 2 - maybe 2.5 lbs over 2 weeks - but think inches are going. I really wanted to be under 135 lbs as I know I'm going to put on weight when I re-introduce the carbs.

Congrats on starting phase three! I hope you can get some more options for your lunch proteins....same old, same old, can get boring, for sure!

I am having so much fun 'shopping' in my closet. I have about 1 more size smaller that have been hanging around, so it is fun to slip something on and find it slide down smoothly. Some things I passed by without ever wearing but that is not a problem to me!

So I am about 1/2 way through the size 18's and looking eagerly to get into my first size 16. Huge motivational thing for me to see the old stuff dropped off at the thrift store. My closet is now about half empty....

So much fun! It was smart of you to hold on to some stuff. It has been so long since I was this small that I only had about one size worth of clothes to go through, then I had to get new ones. The Goodwill Store is now my new best friend!!

Stay warm, all!

~Renee

AliExpat
01-29-2014, 04:43 PM
I'm still here too. Haven't posted in a while, which I never thought I'd do, lol. Suffering from diet fatigue, I guess that's pretty common after 5 months. I missed my last WI due to a public holiday and I'll miss next week since I'll be in Jamaica. I had to order 3 new bathing suits,(bikinis at that!) since my old ones give me the "saggy diaper" look. Most chic for swimwear, lol. I'm almost out of the obese range. I plan on sticking with the diet until Easter at which point I'll fully phase off and start working out, which I miss terribly.

Congrats on you Augusters that have hit goal!!!

vachinyc
02-01-2014, 01:26 PM
Hi Augusters! We were on page 3! No, no, no :)

I'm still here too. Suffering from diet fatigue, I guess that's pretty common after 5 months. I missed my last WI due to a public holiday and I'll miss next week since I'll be in Jamaica. I had to order 3 new bathing suits,(bikinis at that!) since my old ones give me the "saggy diaper" look. Most chic for swimwear, lol. I'm almost out of the obese range. I plan on sticking with the diet until Easter at which point I'll fully phase off and start working out, which I miss terribly.

Bikinis! Awesome! You must have been so happy!
Definite diet fatigue here too - though maybe it's also the weather/lack of sun - combined with the somewhat monotonous 6 months of diet effort. While this has been easier and more successful than I expected, there's still some angst I create on days where my thoughts turn to what I "can't have" rather than what I "can do".

Hi all, still here, heading down toward Phase 3 this weekend. Phase 2's been a non issue for me, mostly a pain as it was SOOO easy to have a packet and salad for lunch, now I have to think about what protein I'm going to eat.

Congrats on moving into phase 2 successfully...I haven't started yet but think the same. At a certain point, taking a packet is easy peasy :)

We went out for our anniversary last night and I was very careful .. What struck me as we celebrated 24 years together is that this is a new 24 years starting now and it is up to me to make it everything I have wanted. I have lost -55 and I am essentially the same weight I was when we first married. So I am back and "go" and I am going to do all that I can for me.

Great attitude Schenectady. Congrats on the anniversary and hope the house sells soon!

...Personally I've been feeling some fatigue with the strict lifestyle and I made some poor choices over the weekend. Mainly just eating out to many too many times. I could see and feel the bloat from the sodium etc so I'm back on track.

Back on track and you can do it! I think it's perfectly normal to hit plateaus with our attitude... 6 months is a long time and this does take commitment and focus. It's not a quick fix, changing our bodies and our minds. But we can do it! Hopefully new bathing suit dreams help :)

I had my weigh in today after a week and a half...down 3.6 so I'm excited! The next two weeks are a lot of work travel/conferences and I'm very close to goal so I'm going to aim for a mix of phase 1 and 2 days. We'll see how it goes.

Oddly, as I posted on today's daily thread, my goal weight per the clinic keeps changing... Every time I get to what they said it was, it's now lower according to their scale thing (scale says I need to lose 2.2 more pounds of body fat...it doesn't set a weight number to hit). Regardless, I'm more or less moving into phase 2 ish unofficially :) wish me luck!

Happy weekend and IP POWER to you!

ReenHag
02-01-2014, 01:45 PM
I'm still here too. Haven't posted in a while, which I never thought I'd do, lol. Suffering from diet fatigue, I guess that's pretty common after 5 months. I missed my last WI due to a public holiday and I'll miss next week since I'll be in Jamaica. I had to order 3 new bathing suits,(bikinis at that!) since my old ones give me the "saggy diaper" look. Most chic for swimwear, lol. I'm almost out of the obese range. I plan on sticking with the diet until Easter at which point I'll fully phase off and start working out, which I miss terribly.

Congrats on the new suits! And most definitely enjoy your trip and the warmth! I am not sure what kind of workout you usually do, but a light workout during P1 is okay by most people. I find toning and light cardio to be uplifting, esp during the winter.

Hi Augusters! We were on page 3! No, no, no :)

Definite diet fatigue here too - though maybe it's also the weather/lack of sun - combined with the somewhat monotonous 6 months of diet effort. While this has been easier and more successful than I expected, there's still some angst I create on days where my thoughts turn to what I "can't have" rather than what I "can do".

I had my weigh in today after a week and a half...down 3.6 so I'm excited! The next two weeks are a lot of work travel/conferences and I'm very close to goal so I'm going to aim for a mix of phase 1 and 2 days. We'll see how it goes.

I have felt some diet fatigue in the past, but it seems to go away, too. Ride it out if you can. Try some new veggies, spices, or something to change it up a bit. The weather definitely makes things a bit tougher, that is for sure!

And congrats on the 3.6 pounds you donated! Way to go! Best of luck as you start P2. Happy weekend!

~Renee

schenectady
02-02-2014, 01:10 PM
vachinyc Congratulations on the 3.6 pound loss - if I were not a more sane and truly happy person, I would be envious! You should be so ecstatic.

I have dealt with IP diet fatigue and I deal with it by trying to be more determined by examining new recipes or just take the trouble to make something that takes time and effort rather than just relying on my same old standards.

Although my losses have slowed, I am having the time of my life with being able to fit in smaller clothes, so even though the weight is a little behind what I would like, the measurements are not.

Sad, though, that I keep discovering more and more SHOES that d not fit. I love all my shoes and they are all favorites for one reason or another. It kills me to put those into the thrift store donation bag, but I reason that when I get close to goal, I will have every reason and justification for buying all new ones!

Clarington45
02-02-2014, 04:59 PM
Hi All,
Thought I would pop in and say hi even though I haven't really been on plan for a while ( as my stats show.. ughh why is losing weight so hard.. my will power really sucks sometimes, but I am not giving up and am getting mentally prepared to get back to the business of losing weight.. I am dying to get to under 200.. am going to come back to the boards more and doing it with alts ) Congrats to everyone on their success.. you guys rock..

vachinyc
02-02-2014, 05:04 PM
vachinyc Congratulations on the 3.6 pound loss - if I were not a more sane and truly happy person, I would be envious! You should be so ecstatic.

I have dealt with IP diet fatigue and I deal with it by trying to be more determined by examining new recipes or just take the trouble to make something that takes time and effort rather than just relying on my same old standards.

Although my losses have slowed, I am having the time of my life with being able to fit in smaller clothes, so even though the weight is a little behind what I would like, the measurements are not.

Sad, though, that I keep discovering more and more SHOES that d not fit. I love all my shoes and they are all favorites for one reason or another. It kills me to put those into the thrift store donation bag, but I reason that when I get close to goal, I will have every reason and justification for buying all new ones!

Thanks Schenectady. I honestly don't have a clue how that number happened this late...my average is around 2.5. Which was frustrating at times but I listened to the wise folks here and kept at it. IP works :)

I have been noticing the shoe thing recently too. Weird!

?..I have felt some diet fatigue in the past, but it seems to go away, too. Ride it out if you can. Try some new veggies, spices, or something to change it up a bit. The weather definitely makes things a bit tougher, that is for sure!

And congrats on the 3.6 pounds you donated! Way to go! Best of luck as you start P2.

Thanks Renee. You're right, it does go away...especially when I put on a smaller size :)

Speaking of...I've been complaining a little about my size not dropping ...but I went to Ann Taylor today and fit in a 10. I'm ecstatic. That's the size I wanted to be again. It's been a while coming but yay! I didn't buy much - that store is pricey - but found a cute dress and skirt both 50% off their sale price - so I got them! They will also help with my upcoming two weeks of work travel...new clothes, smaller size...keeping me in check!

Happy Super Bowl Sunday! I'm cooking some chicken tenders in Frank's and having celery and WF blue cheese. And some jicama 'fries'.

ReenHag
02-02-2014, 06:03 PM
Thanks Schenectady. I honestly don't have a clue how that number happened this late...my average is around 2.5. Which was frustrating at times but I listened to the wise folks here and kept at it. IP works :)

I have been noticing the shoe thing recently too. Weird!

Thanks Renee. You're right, it does go away...especially when I put on a smaller size :)

Speaking of...I've been complaining a little about my size not dropping ...but I went to Ann Taylor today and fit in a 10. I'm ecstatic. That's the size I wanted to be again. It's been a while coming but yay! I didn't buy much - that store is pricey - but found a cute dress and skirt both 50% off their sale price - so I got them! They will also help with my upcoming two weeks of work travel...new clothes, smaller size...keeping me in check!

Happy Super Bowl Sunday! I'm cooking some chicken tenders in Frank's and having celery and WF blue cheese. And some jicama 'fries'.

Enjoy your SB festivities! So glad to hear of your new size. That is great! I cannot wait to be securely in an eight, or maybe a six. Just trying to get the belly pooch to go away. Any suggestions? I workout the abs a few times a week and do general toning.

Congrats on the new outfits. How cool you can show them off on your travels!

nolasmurf
02-02-2014, 06:55 PM
Hey Team August.
BUSY BUSY weekend. Slipped at bit today but getting back on the horse.. Made this pic my screensaver to remind me of all the hard work I did to get here. This is right after hair and make up were done for the fashion show yesterday. The dress is $180 at Macy's and I LOVED it, but it's way out of my budget. I asked the Macy's manager to hold one for me in a smaller size so when I hit my goal of 130 I can go buy it.

vachinyc
02-02-2014, 10:08 PM
Made this pic my screensaver to remind me of all the hard work I did to get here. This is right after hair and make up were done for the fashion show yesterday.

Great pic and cute dress! Motivation.

Enjoy your SB festivities! So glad to hear of your new size. That is great! I cannot wait to be securely in an eight, or maybe a six. Just trying to get the belly pooch to go away. Any suggestions? I workout the abs a few times a week and do general toning.

Congrats on the new outfits. How cool you can show them off on your travels!

That's been my problem too - still is. Always has been though so I'm a little resigned. Im wondering if that will get better as I add more working out? Not sure. Not going to sweat it too much :)

lighthouse101
02-03-2014, 08:12 AM
Hey Team August.
BUSY BUSY weekend. Slipped at bit today but getting back on the horse.. Made this pic my screensaver to remind me of all the hard work I did to get here. This is right after hair and make up were done for the fashion show yesterday. The dress is $180 at Macy's and I LOVED it, but it's way out of my budget. I asked the Macy's manager to hold one for me in a smaller size so when I hit my goal of 130 I can go buy it.

Great pic and will be a nice reward when you get to your goal!

Last week was rough as I was sick and my appetite was all out of whack. I decided not to WI as I suspect there might be some lingering inflammation from being sick, so now that I am feeling better I'll be back in the gym and on my regular eating schedule! Have a good week, Augusters!

ecdcslim
02-03-2014, 04:40 PM
Hi Augusters - my belly still has a roll, I have no pregnancies to account for it, my trainer is saying to chill, work the weights and abs for a good 5-6 months before giving up on it snapping back. I'm focusing on that for right now. I had my first carbo-loaded workout yesterday morning, post my 1st Phase 3 breakfast, and my trainer kicked my butt! I hurt today.

ReenHag
02-03-2014, 06:38 PM
Hi Augusters - my belly still has a roll, I have no pregnancies to account for it, my trainer is saying to chill, work the weights and abs for a good 5-6 months before giving up on it snapping back. I'm focusing on that for right now. I had my first carbo-loaded workout yesterday morning, post my 1st Phase 3 breakfast, and my trainer kicked my butt! I hurt today.

Okay, thanks. I plan on sticking with the ab work, so I hope I will see some results there. I have had one pregnancy, so maybe my belly is doomed to be flabby. Just gotta lose a little more of the fat there and my thighs...

ReenHag
02-05-2014, 10:54 AM
Once I get closer to goal, I want to do some real clothes shopping and then I will have to explore what kind/style of clothes will work around that issue. I know that I will have some thinking to do about who this skinnier lady is and what she can 'learn' to wear comfortably rather than relying on the same sort of clothes from before.

Sounds like a plan! When I get closer, I am also looking forward to trying on various clothes and styles to see what I like and what my new body can wear. I do not see my entire style or comfort level changing (I typically am not a skirt/ dress girl), but I am excited to try some styles that I have liked but have been unwilling to wear on a larger body. Especially some skinny jeans! Love that look with boots and a nice sweater. Summer clothes are coming, too. Hmmm...what to wear? Will have to try some thinner straps or maybe even tops that tie around the neck... I have already enlisted my bff to go with me. She has an eye for fashion and bargains!!

Rockabillygirl
02-06-2014, 08:07 PM
Hello fellow Augusters!

I'm still here, chugging along. Seem to have more and more slip-ups though.

Just wanted to say hello and let you know I'm still here!

Rockabillygirl
02-07-2014, 08:25 PM
Do you think the slip-ups might have something to do with having crossed over into Onderland? I know for me that once I reach a BIG goal like that, it is hard to find the motivation to keep going quite as strong as before.

I think that might be part of it, combined with the winter "blahs". When it's cold I find it harder to drink all my water, and I've been making more excuses to myself lately. I am not blaming anyone/anything other than me!

On a different note, every week when I go weigh in there is a couple ahead of me who always run over their alloted time and the clinic is so small you can hear everything from the waiting area. Yesterday was the worst yet -- the husband, who has already convinced me that he's a complete jackass, was YELLING at his wife, blaming her for his slip-ups: "You bought cheesecake for your bunco group and you KNOW I'm going to eat it! It's YOUR responsibility to not put things in the house you KNOW I will eat!" It was excruciating to listen to, and I wanted to go back and slap him!

MidgieMoon
04-18-2014, 02:32 PM
Ho Augusters! It has been a while, and after a long winter of being sick, I am back! Holding steady with the weight loss after a month long bout of pneumonia followed up with strep throat. I just wanted to say hi, and I hope all of you are on plan, be it Phase 1 or 4! I am sure some of you have met goal
I am almost there, and the warmer weather is really inspring me!
Hugs to all :)