Faith Based Support Groups - Prayer Warriors-All Faiths-2013 part 3

ronni62
11-19-2013, 10:26 PM
Seems that we exceeded 500 posts again, so starting a new thread--I'm including a prayer that Rosebud wrote to begin our last thread...

Please post your praises and prayer requests & I'll try to update the master list soon. Rosebud has done such a fantastic job of that, but I'll try to do justice to it until she returns.

Rosebud's prayer--We Thank You & Praize you, FATHER ~ for hearing & answering all of our prayers and petitions here today; we thank you for your Mercy & Grace, and for your Healing Power in our lives each day; in JESUS' name, Amen & Amen ...

ronni62
11-20-2013, 09:25 AM
CURRENT PRAYER LIST: ^Prayers^ continue for present needs ...

Thank You GOD, for the gift of Life and your awesome Love; Thank you GOD, for all the blessings you send our way; Thank you GOD, for hearing & answering our prayers for healing today; Thank you GOD, for doctors & surgeons & all medical helpers; Thank you GOD, for providing the best treatments & drugs & the funds to pay for them; Thank you GOD, for family & friends & Prayer Warriors; Thank you GOD, for your Mercy & Grace & Peace & Comfort & Hope & yes, even Joy during these trials we face; Thank you GOD, for our LORD JESUS CHRIST, by whose stripes we are healed; and Thank You GOD, for being such a faithful Father & Friend, one that we can trust & lean on each & every day ... Amen.
(Prayer started by Rosebud)

BARGOO ~ cancer has spread to her brain; getting radiation treatments now; prayers that they will work 100% for her as before; full remission; strength and prevention from more falls; Peace & comfort at this time. Thanks & Praise GOD for our good friend.
Bargoo's Son(s) ~ DAVID: bless his marriage. One has diabetes too: prayers he will be able to make healthier lifestyle choices.
ROSEBUD ~ Cancer has spread to liver and lungs. Chemo started in hospital. Pray for her and her DH, as well as her family, as they are all working through this together.
WILMA'S brother, LARRY ~ on chemo round #2 for tumors on his brain; prayers for healing/shrinkage/removal, comfort, and peace for all. At home again -- PRZ GOD!
ELVISLOVER ~ prayers cancer stays in remission; and would love to have a child soon.
DEE~ Health issues including irregular heartbeats. Pray for doctors to figure out what's causing it.
DEE ~ for AL, who has passed over; esp prayers for peace for his wife, GINA, and family ...
DEE ~ BOSS continues to recover from Mono; DEE herself for grief after losing her furry baby.
KAREN ~ her 2nd grandson (+ stepbrother); custody battle; kids OK & get visits with Mother. Boys will be able to decide where they want to live at end of summer, but things going ok.
KAREN's ~ son, MIKE: had seizures. Praises that he's doing much better and in a new home with support!
JENNA C ~ 22 y/o; rare cancer: Rabdomyosarcoma; in hospital getting treatments; bless doctors with wisdom; prayers for healing, comfort from nausea, and peaced for JENNA & her family. Treatments and chemo continuing as of 11/21.
RONNI's Mom, JUNE ~ schizo-bipolar: needs to continue meds.
PATTY H ~ back issues & Fibromyalgia: pray for remission; good nursing school grades.
PATTY's SON ~ heal ear infection & lump on bone; restore hearing; needs job.
TRISH ~ Praize GOD for improved home situation. PRAIZE GOD -- Toni's surgery was successful. Prayers for complete healing. Restoration of finances; blessings. Son's broken ankle to heal quickly. DGD Hannah with severe pain and health issues.
NELLY ~ increased income: mechanic's garage; needs: personal, car, home, schooling. Spring & latter rains for a great garden this year; PRZ GOD: her heart is fine ...
NELLY's MIL, ELSIE ~ early stage breast cancer; options good. FIL: health issues too.
BOOTSIE ~ cholesterol levels normal; David prayers for improved health; protection from wild animals; Thank You for rain for Bourke County, Texas.
ROSEBUD's ~ BIL, TOM M; contain aneurysm; pain relief (mild lower back pain); better appetite; peace for his wife, Denise.
ROSEBUD's DAD ~ BILL S: praise GOD, he is doing well with the chemo & radiation (nausea meds helping a lot). Prayers tumor in abdomen shrinks for surgery in September. Wife *GRACE* had bladder removed successfully; please pray for relief of pain & adjustment to urine bag. Son, JEFF R; heart attack; stressed: he needs a job that isn't too physically taxing.
ROSEBUD's Brother, RPS ~ struggling: pain & loneliness, turning to alcohol again. Jesus, we pray for a release from this bondage to alcohol: please set this captive free; filling him with peace of mind, body & spirit through your blessed Holy Spirit. May he find comfort in loving family & friends, but mostly in YOU! May your Kingdom (Spirit) come upon him; and your will be done in his life. Bless him for the help he has been giving us all: gives him a sense of purpose. His knee is getting better on its own; so surgery has been postponed. PRZ GOD -- answers to prayer ...
ROSEBUD's DH ~ Alzheimer's; PEACE & Joy of Spirit; positive attitude/words; peaceful & healing sleep. May your Kingdom (Spirit/Love) come upon him, and your will be done in his life. May GOD grant him Serenity about not driving (he is getting better). Wisdom to handle moods. New meds are helping with his hallucinations & fears; PRAISE GOD!!!
ROSEBUD's SISTER & BIL ~ SIS: good health; BIL`s knee & back; PRAIZE GOD -- a positive answer came regarding future of home. PRZ GOD: house issues resolved well. PRZ GOD -- new work plan is going well. Special grace with her job, so she can retire with a full pension. Thanks.
ROSEBUD's ~ UNCLE GARNET has gone home; prayers for his family.
Rosebud's cousin ~ SHELLEY -- stress eczema; peace for all (daughter/DH).
Rosebud's cousin ~ CINDY S -- blood pressure back to normal; less stress & healthy lifestyle choices.
ANGELIC M -- lung cancer; had cancer surgery in ear to stop spread to brain; alcoholic: abusive alcoholic upbringing. Whole family needs healing & GOD's LOVE & Grace; compassion for one another & others.

Please let me know of changes, additions, updates. I can't promise to do as good a job as Rosebud in keeping the list, but I'll try. God bless you all!

bargoo
11-20-2013, 06:07 PM
Thank you , ronni fo carrying on,.

EagleRiverDee
11-20-2013, 07:33 PM
Ronni-

Yes, thanks very much for creating the new thread and stepping up to help in Rosebud's absence. Are things any better with your mom?

Continued prayers for all concerns. Bargoo, I'm glad to see you here and hope you are feeling better. Still praying for you, and Rosebud.

Karen31
11-20-2013, 08:44 PM
Still sending lots of good thoughts and prayers. Just thought that I should have updated this a long time ago. My son is doing fine now and has moved to another home. They closed down the home he was in but he has been in this one before and gets along well with the other clients there. He has his own room and is very well taken care of. We were able to visit him in September and he looks wonderful.. PTL!

Our grandsons are still having to live in Denver with their stepdad for now. They do get to spend some time back in Colorado Springs with their Mom and family. The end of the summer and they can make their own decision so we will just have to wait and be patient. But they seem to be doing good and are doing well in school

I'm hoping that everyone has a safe and Happy holiday. If I don't get back to you before then, I'm having the dinner here this year for about 20!!

Take care....

Justwant2Bhealthy
11-21-2013, 11:40 AM
:carrot:HI ALL!!!:carrot:

Just wanted to come in an say HI to you all; so glad to get back on net. A lot of people -- GOD BLESS THEM HAVE BEEN WORKING on IT for me. Please ignore my typos unless they are in Hungarian; then they may be a message from GOD.

I am in a beautiful hospice house; in a Seasons hotel floor actually; It is comfortable and friendly. tHEY ARE taking GOOD care of me,. with their GUIDANCE. OF MY SISTA WENDY AS YOU KNOW ... ;)

PRAYERS NEEDED FOR PEACEFUL SLEEPS; EASY BREATHING; BATHING & WALKING -- MOBILITY. Plus WATER to come out of my legs/body at a reasonable healthy pace.

Justwant2Bhealthy
11-21-2013, 12:53 PM
PRAYER needed against major ANXIETY PLEASE ( HAVE IT REALY BAD RIGHT NOW, ESP BEFORE GETTINNG INTO BED). Plus, I need added Sampson strength as this is day 6 in that window 5-7 when symptoms hit the hardest .... thanks for your prayers warriors ...:hug:

PRAYERS GOING UP 4 YOU & YOURS .... :H:

Justwant2Bhealthy
11-21-2013, 01:34 PM
RONNI, YOU ARE DOING FINE, I CAN BARELY TYPE, dear FRIEND:hug::hug::hug: .....

Justwant2Bhealthy
11-21-2013, 03:38 PM
Your prayers are already being answered for me; a new lower mattress is on its way & somesome to put it all together .... prz GOD!!!:carrot::carrot::carrot:

bargoo
11-21-2013, 06:26 PM

Just wanted to come in an say HI to you all; so glad to get back on net. A lot of people -- GOD BLESS THEM HAVE BEEN WORKING on IT for me. Please ignore my typos unless they are in Hungarian; then they may be a message from GOD.

I am in a beautiful hospice house; in a Seasons hotel floor actually; It is comfortable and friendly. tHEY ARE taking GOOD care of me,. with their GUIDANCE. OF MY SISTA WENDY AS YOU KNOW ... ;)

PRAYERS NEEDED FOR PEACEFUL SLEEPS; EASY BREATHING; BATHING & WALKING -- MOBILITY. Plus WATER to come out of my legs/body at a reasonable healthy pace.

PraIse God ! We have heard from Rosebud, Many prayers have gone up in your behalf,I don't think you know how much you are loved here, Glad you are getting good care.

bargoo
11-21-2013, 06:33 PM

I understand about the bathing and walking , I need help in taking a shower too afraid to try the bathtub, Can only walk with help, but Praise the Lord, Rosebud, we are still here , God surely has something more for us to do.
Thank you so much for letting us know your current condition.

pattygirl63
11-21-2013, 08:19 PM
So wonderful to hear from both Bargoo and Rosebud. Prayers continue being sent to the throne of God for the 2 of you. You both are much loved and we miss you when you aren't here.

EagleRiverDee
11-21-2013, 09:21 PM
Great to hear from you Rosebud, I have sent up prayers for your speedy healing, care, and help with your anxiety. I'm glad you were able to drop in, we've sure been worried for you. Your husband also remains in my prayers.

Also still offering up prayers for all other concerns.

God bless!

Justwant2Bhealthy
11-21-2013, 09:25 PM
Pray for Cellulitus in my left inner elbow to heal up well and quickly ... thanks! PRZ GOD !!! :hug:

Karen31
11-21-2013, 09:37 PM
Sending many prayers for Rosebud and Bargoo! I'm so glad that you both were able to pop in and say Hello. We really have missed you so much

ronni62
11-22-2013, 09:47 AM
Rosebud and Bargoo-so glad to hear from you both! Prayers continuing for all the needs you mentioned, including mobility issues and the anxiety. Love and miss you both! :grouphug:

Justwant2Bhealthy
11-22-2013, 10:30 AM
THANKS & SAME For you all .......................:hug:

Justwant2Bhealthy
11-23-2013, 05:10 PM
I will reply in this prayer thread to save time & errors, ok? THANKS .... Dianne/ rosebud /// :hug::hug:

I am watching figuring skating to pass time today.

Justwant2Bhealthy
11-25-2013, 09:59 AM
timw doe bf soon ; will eat healthy ; had a banana:o and coffee earlier ... ooops; not baad ???? :p

mountain walker
11-25-2013, 01:01 PM
praise God for His blessings! Today I have been truly humbled by answers to prayer.
Flowers wishing me a speedy recovery from my op from the brother who I haven't seen for 3 years, a much needed boost for my finances out of the blue and i felt well enough to walk the dog! As I am only 2 and a half weeks after fairly major surgery I am 1000 % better than I thought I would be at this stage!
I pray for all of you but most especially if you are going through a time of trial. God is with us always.

EagleRiverDee
11-25-2013, 02:51 PM
Prayers going up for Rosebud, that her cellulitis might be healed quickly, and Praising God for Mountain Walker's speedy recovery and praying that the recovery will continue to go so well.

I could use prayers for my mom, who is an alcoholic that has recently switched from wine to brandy and has begun hiding her bottles. She's going through about 1-1/2 liters of brandy every 4 days now, which is a lot I think. My dad says she doesn't know he found her hiding spot, and he's afraid to confront her. They live clear across the country from me, so I can't say anything without outing my dad and that would be a big fight for them. Mom needs to see that her alcoholism is destroying her health and her marriage.

Justwant2Bhealthy
11-25-2013, 05:16 PM
THANKS, prayers going up for your mother & Dad .... :hug::hug::hug:

Justwant2Bhealthy
11-25-2013, 08:35 PM
THANKS; please pray for quick bed routine with no anxiety and quick breathe recovery like last night. IT WENT WELL .... :hug::hug::hug:

MW -- prayers going up for u 2 .... :hug:

ronni62
11-25-2013, 09:12 PM
Dee-Prayers going up for you and your mom & dad. I know how hard it is to have an alcoholic parent, plus try to support yet protect your own sanity. I would say that Al-anon helped me a lot and I know many spouses who have benefited from the program. :hug:

Rosebud-Prayers continue for you & your DH. It's so good to see your posts! :hug:

Justwant2Bhealthy
11-26-2013, 09:18 AM
Thanks ronni --for your prayers and good thoughts ....:hug::hug::hug:

sending same for you ....:D

EagleRiverDee
11-26-2013, 02:10 PM
Prayers going up for Rosebud that your anxiety will disappear and for quick breath recovery and for your husband.

Continued prayers for Bargoo.

Ronni, thanks- I am considering joining Al-Anon and see if there is a local chapter my Dad can join. They live in a very small town- even if there is a chapter, he may not wish to join because everyone talks in those small towns. I'm really concerned - their marriage is suffering because my mom is constantly angry, and my mom is destroying her health. My grandmother died of liver cancer from drinking too much, now it looks like my mom is determined to head down that same path. :(

Justwant2Bhealthy
11-26-2013, 04:45 PM
DEE -- thanks, prayers continue for your mother and family .... :hug::hug::hug:

Justwant2Bhealthy
11-26-2013, 07:36 PM
Pray I can stay awake and not sleep too early or I'll be awake all night ... thanks .... :hug:

pattygirl63
11-26-2013, 09:33 PM
Dee So sorry to hear about your Dad and Mom's problems. Will keep you and your parents in my prayers.

Rosebud I pray that your breathing will get better and better. DH would get very anxious when he was having problems breathing when he over exerted himself. He is so much better now. I pray you will get better too. I pray you will be able to sleep better at night so you can stay awake better in the day time.

Prayers going up for all.

EagleRiverDee
11-27-2013, 04:01 PM
Continued prayers for Rosebud and hubby, Bargoo, and all concerns. Thanks everyone for your prayers for my Mom and Dad, much appreciated.

I wish each of you a Happy Thanksgiving tomorrow!

Justwant2Bhealthy
11-27-2013, 06:47 PM
THANKS to you all for your love and prayers; I CAN FEEL them for sure ..... :hug:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yzejd6r9DwE

Justwant2Bhealthy
11-28-2013, 12:13 PM
HI ALL --- please pray I CAN walk better each day, esp with walker & canes too .... thanks!!!!! :hug: :hug: :hug:

Justwant2Bhealthy
11-28-2013, 04:13 PM
Angie's coming tonight ---- yeah; pray no flues ... thanks :hug::hug::hug:

ronni62
11-28-2013, 10:22 PM
Prayers going up!

Justwant2Bhealthy
11-29-2013, 02:47 PM
THANKS RONNI -- HAD A GREAT time with my cuz last night; so great. Prayers continue for you and yours too .... :hug::hug::hug:

Justwant2Bhealthy
11-29-2013, 07:39 PM
Where is everyone??? I miss you gals. My wonderful sister, Judy and her hubby Raymond were here most of the day; what a blessing. The meds make it hard to type. Not tired enuff to sleep long; just nod off though or cat nap.

Pray the internet works for us this whole weekend please; good sleep tonight, etc. Prayers continue for you and yours too ... :hug:

Justwant2Bhealthy
11-29-2013, 08:35 PM
Pray for peace for my sister Wendy (numpster) ; really needs prayers these days; so much going on ... thanks so much :hug::hug::hug:

pattygirl63
11-30-2013, 06:11 PM
I'm here Rosebud. I keep having problems getting on 3fc and posting. I think it is my protection system causing trouble.

Praying for Numpster and all she is going through at this time. Also keeping you in my prayers my dear sister and friend.

Prayers continuing for Bargoo and all other prayer requests as well.

EagleRiverDee
12-02-2013, 03:15 PM
I'm back, too. I took a few days off the internet, for the most part, but am here.

Praying for Rosebud, Numpster, Bargoo, and all concerns.

I spoke with my mom yesterday and although I didn't bring up her drinking directly, I did ask her if she was taking care of herself and she said it was funny I asked and admitted she'd been down in the dumps lately. She said she's been putting on weight and not exercising. I'm hoping that the conversation will have her re-evaluate how much she's been drinking and would appreciate continued prayers.

ronni62
12-03-2013, 11:07 AM
Prayers going up! I've been able to check in a couple times over the last week, but couldn't get anything posted from our very old, old laptop. But, even though I wasn't here, know that you were all in my prayers! God bless!

Justwant2Bhealthy
12-03-2013, 08:44 PM
keep praying; i am ... praise GOD ...... :hug::hug::hug:

Justwant2Bhealthy
12-07-2013, 07:32 PM
Hello, this is Numpster, Rosebuds sister. It is with a heavy heart that I share with you that my dear sister Dianne (aka Rosebud) passed into the Lord's hands this morning at 11:15 am. Please know that she died peacefully in her sleep. She was well sedated and had the most awesome hospice team taking care of her and helping her through her last hours.
Thank you for all your prayers and to all God Bless.
Wendy (aka Numpster)

Karen31
12-07-2013, 08:41 PM
Numpster, I'm so sorry for your loss. Rosebud will be missed by all of us! I know she is with our Lord and has no pain or worries now. Hugs to you and her family. Bless you.

Stepping Out
12-08-2013, 06:12 AM
Please accept my condolences on the death of your sister Dianne aka Rosebud. I didn't always post on this thread, but I've been a regular visitor for many years. Rosebud has always been an inspiration, with her faith and love for the LORD. Her posts were always upbeat and encouraging. I pray that you'll feel God's comforting presence in the coming days.

ronni62
12-08-2013, 06:28 PM
Wendy (Numpster)-I am so very sorry to hear about Rosebud's (Dianne's) passing. She was an incredible inspiration to me and so many others here. I enjoyed her posts very much and grew to love her as if I knew her personally. I know she will be missed by many here and by all of you who were family and friends. You will all be in my prayers. God bless you and all of Dianne's family, especially her husband. I pray you all find comfort knowing she's with her Lord and Savior and will be sharing Christmas with Him this year. Here's a poem I was lead to when another dear friend of mine (named Diana) passed away from cancer a couple years ago:

Merry Christmas From Heaven

I still hear the songs,
I still see the lights
I still feel your love on cold wintry nights

I still share your hopes and all of your cares
Iíll even remind you to please say your prayers

I just want to tell you, you still make me proud
You stand head and shoulders above all the crowd

Keep trying each moment, to stay in His grace
I came here before you to help set your place

You donít have to be perfect all of the time
He forgives you the slip, if you continue the climb

To my family and friends,
Please be thankful today
Iím still close beside you,
In a new special way

I love you all dearly,
Now donít shed a tear
Cause Iím spending my
Christmas with Jesus this year

-by John Wm. Mooney, Jr.

God bless you, Wendy, and all of your family. I'm so sad with you and will miss your sister very much.

EagleRiverDee
12-09-2013, 01:52 PM
I'm heartbroken this morning as I just read Numpster's post.

Numpster, your family has my deepest condolences. I am so sorry to hear that Rosebud passed, although I take joy in knowing she is surely with the Lord now. I will miss her. There's a few people here, and elsewhere in my life, that I feel have brought me closer to the Lord, and Rosebud is one of them. She was a true Christian inspiration.

Rosebud's husband, and the rest of your family, will be in my continued prayers.

I also continue to pray for Bargoo, I hope she is healing.

Dee

bargoo
12-10-2013, 04:33 PM
Numpster, my heart is heavy this AM, I just read your post about our precious Rosebud. While I am saddened I know that she has perfect health, now ,She is safe in the arms of Jesus, but I will miss her so much.
Numpster blessings to all your family at this time.

ronni62
12-11-2013, 04:05 PM
Prayers continuing for all requests & especially Bargoo and for Rosebud's family.

A request for DS3's girlfriend and her family-they're having a rough time right now. The GF has type 1 diabetes (15 years old) and has a hard time controlling it. She passed out in the shower last week with no one home and laid there 45 minutes before she had the strength to get out of the shower. We worry about her a lot. I found out a couple days ago that her mother has a pacemaker that isn't fixing the heart problem the way it should and the doctor wanted her to be hospitalized, but she wouldn't stay and is at home and working as normal. I don't know her well at all, but I'm guessing she's afraid of being away from DS3's GF, due to the diabetes issues. Also, the mom's mom (DS3's GF's grandma) is dying of brain cancer and has only 2-6 months (very optimistic estimate, according to the mom). There's a lot on their plates right now and they are not believers. GF is seeking, but my DS hasn't told me she's made a commitment yet-he's very open about that.

I know you all will lift them up, plus my DS3, as he's soft-hearted and trying to help out however he can. He's been down that road of losing grandparents to cancer, so he knows what she's going through. We paid the fee for her to go on the youth group's Christmas break retreat/conference trip at the end of the month, so she'd have some time away and maybe focus on her growing faith. Couldn't really afford it, but felt led to give this to her.

Thanks, in advance, for all the prayers. Lifting you all up every day!:hug:

EagleRiverDee
12-11-2013, 04:59 PM
Ronni-

Prayers sent for your DS3's GF, mother and grandmother. Praying for the GF to be led to the right support and medical professionals so she can learn to manager her diabetes, for her mother to get the help she needs with her pacemaker, for her grandmother to be able to complete any tasks needed before her passing, and for all of them to be led to Christ.

Continued prayers for Rosebud's family, and Bargoo's healing.

My mother, when I called Sunday, was quite drunk. I'm really concerned. It's hurting her marriage, and her health, and I think is just pulling her down even further into depression. I would ask for prayers for her and my step-Dad.

ronni62
12-11-2013, 08:35 PM
Dee-Prayers continuing for your mom & dad (and you, as well). It's a hard, hard situation to be in. I don't know if it would help or if it would even work, but have you heard the idea that many alcoholics crave the alcohol because they are allergic to it (the grains, in particular)? My dad had to give up his drinking when his allergy to it got so bad he would quit breathing at night after drinking due to swelling in his throat. I wonder if you could ask your mom's doc to test her for allergies to see if she has reactions to wheat, barley, hops, and anything else used to make the booze. Most docs won't address a drinking issue, but some are willing to talk to patients about allergies. Just a thought...Prayers going up:hug:

EagleRiverDee
12-12-2013, 02:55 PM
Ronni-

Thanks. My mom almost certainly has food allergies. She's had a gut problem for years, but when I've suggested she do allergy testing or an anti-inflammatory diet she refuses.

I appreciate the prayers. Your family remains in my prayers.

bargoo
12-25-2013, 12:49 PM
Merry Christmas to all and God' s richest blessings to each of you.

EagleRiverDee
12-26-2013, 02:11 PM
Bargoo- to you as well. I hope you Christmas was a good one. How are you feeling these days?

ronni62
12-26-2013, 02:22 PM
A belated Merry Christmas to everyone! Hope you all had a wonderful holiday and felt God's blessings all around!

Prayers going up for all requests and especially Bargoo, plus Rosebud's & Gary's families through this Christmas season. I had to chuckle the other day when I got this picture in my head of Gary and Dianne (Rosebud) meeting in Heaven. It gave me a lump in my throat, but made me happy to think of them meeting.

God bless you all! Merry Christmas!

EagleRiverDee
12-26-2013, 06:23 PM
I got this picture in my head of Gary and Dianne (Rosebud) meeting in Heaven. It gave me a lump in my throat, but made me happy to think of them meeting.

God bless you all! Merry Christmas!

That is a nice thought. :)

Merry Christmas back to you and your family!

bargoo
12-27-2013, 01:50 PM
I miss Gary and Rosebud so much ,two of our finest prayer warriors. As much as I miss them I cannot wish them back

ronni62
01-03-2014, 09:24 PM
Prayers continuing for all.

Bargoo-How are you doing? You're on my mind frequently. God bless:hug:

Bootsie
01-14-2014, 09:41 PM
I was looking for Rosebud... my heart is crying right now...I seen where she passed away.. I thought she was doing better oh I just stayed away to long..

ronni62
01-15-2014, 04:27 PM
Bootsie-We've all been heartbroken at Rosebud's loss. I know she's healthy and happy now, but still miss her optimistic posts and stories.

Bargoo-Prayers continue for you. Miss you. :hug:

EagleRiverDee
01-15-2014, 06:19 PM
I, too, miss Rosebud's presence here on the forum and particularly in this thread. And I often think of her husband, and hope that family is caring for him and that he has the support he needs, and for her sister who joined us here to tell us about it.

Prayers continue for Bargoo. I hope you are getting better!

Bootsie
01-15-2014, 10:39 PM
Rose bud was loved by so many just like Gary was . I miss them both they helped me so much and others too. I feel them both here even though they are both in Heaven watching over this site.

Oh this computer needs its brain exrayed! It is really scrambling my brain!

Just know I am praying for all of you, and cherish your time with your loved ones. I am going to do my best to check in often for I didnt and Gary was gone and I didn't now Rose bud is gone. I do not want to loose Ronni, Bargo ,Dee or Trish....

Bootsie
01-16-2014, 10:56 PM
Stress...stress... wish i could :frypan: do this to stress!

praying for all of you every night.

ronni62
01-17-2014, 09:45 AM
Bootsie-I'll pray for your stresses to leave! :hug:

Please pray for my DH today. We have a new small group church meeting starting tonight. Please pray that he won't start coming up with silly excuses to not go to any more of them. I can foresee things likeÖ"They have more money than us, so we have nothing in common" "They're farmers and have more money than us, so we have nothing in common" "They live in the big town, so we have nothing in common" He's a master of coming up with 'reasons' we can't socialize or be friends with others. We haven't had any kind of social life for years because of his judgmental attitude and it even causes problems for us going to church, because he's one of those who says "There are too many hypocrites there for me to go"---Kinda driving me crazy. He needs to see that he's not perfect and that no one's any better or worse, just human, and we all need God and to support each other. He has been going to church with us for about a year now regularly, but sometimes, those judgmental attitudes creep in and he just doesn't seem to be able to see how his opinions are not necessarily correct.

Anyway, I'm just hoping these new in-home small groups are the opening for him to meet some new people and really get to know them and, in the process, get to know more of how God wants us to live & believe. Thanks!

Bootsie
01-18-2014, 01:01 AM
Praying for you and your husband, for he and all were made unique ,very special made, God put something special in all of us, for it would be a boring world if we were all alike. Hope all went well if not just like housework,dieting don't give up on him. My husband has not much to say unless it is on a cow,goat,dog or cat. Maybe find out someone who likes the same thing so they will have something to talk about., kinda accidentally sit across from them and start up a conversation. When my husband starts talking hard to stop him so we can leave. Gotta love him! Ha!

ronni62
01-18-2014, 06:47 PM
The first meeting went very wellÖ.it was a dinner, of course, and mostly for getting to know each other. Turns out that the couple that sat next to us, who's boys had played football with our boys in high school, but we hadn't met, had actually lived in the same town where DH grew up and our boys were born in the same hospital! DH seemed to really enjoy getting to meet them and talk about the old town, as well as meeting some of the others we hadn't met before. It was an answered prayer for sure!

Karen31
01-18-2014, 08:20 PM
Hello and I'm back and need some prayers for my hubby..

My Hubby hasn't been feeling so good since about Thanksgiving. He started with a head and chest cold and then never really has bounced back. But anyway, and probably has nothing to do with the cold, last week I told him his eyes looked yellow. Well of course he couldn't see it. But then he did go ahead and make an appt. with the Dr. And his skin is yellow now too. We had to be at the VA clinic in Mt.Vernon at 8:30--it is about an hour away on Wednesday. The Dr. thought it was hepatitis but wouldn't know for sure until all the blood work got back whether it was A, B or C-- He called Thursday morning and it isn't Hepatitis so they want more blood work done and an ultrasound of his liver and pancreas. We had to be there at 7:30 yesterday morning. The ultrasound shows an obstruction,maybe a growth or a lot of gall stones, between the liver and pancreas. So now we will be headed to Fayettville on Wednesday morning for a cat scan of that. Sure hope they can find out what is going on and get him better. He has lost 10 pounds and he can't afford to lose any weight!! So that has been my week!

Even though I haven't posted much lately I have been reading your posts and continue to send prayers..

Bootsie
01-18-2014, 11:26 PM
Ronni how awesome how the Lord worked in your life! So happy for you and your husband. Prayers being said for your husband and you. Tired tonight going to call it a night.

ronni62
01-20-2014, 10:11 AM
Karen-prayers going up! Hope those docs find out what's wrong quickly and have a good fix for it! God heals and I'll keep praying!

Bootsie
01-21-2014, 07:57 PM
One of my animal friends died Ruffus, Cat, I thank the dear Lord he shared him with me but sure do miss him and so does his buddy Rueben.

ronni62
01-22-2014, 09:32 AM
Bootsie-so sorry about the loss of your furry friend. It's so hard to lose them, isn't it? Our pets just become parts of our families. Prayers for you.

Karen-Prayers for your DH's cat scan today and for wisdom for the docs.

Bootsie
01-24-2014, 05:10 PM
Ronnie just looked at how much weight you lost! Congratulations!
Praying for all here and also for all the animals out in the cold.

Karen31
01-24-2014, 06:50 PM
Still waiting to hear from the Dr. I hate waiting!

pattygirl63
01-26-2014, 04:59 PM
Sorry, I've been MIA around here.

Bootsie I really miss Gary and Rosebud too. I've got friends here at church home who are battling cancer. Our Pastor told us at Wednesday night small group meeting that they have learned that the cancer of one of them is not curable. It is shrinking with treatment and we are praying it doesn't spread. This woman is so precious and loves the Lord so much. I really pray that she will be all right. Sorry to hear of the loss of your little pet. Did you get the freezing weather there in TX? I'm beginning to miss TX and wish I could go home and be close to my family. My Daddy is 90 yrs young and I surely do miss him.

Ronni My DH and I just started back to small group meetings at our church. He always enjoyed going, but the Pastor would as him to pray and he doesn't feel comfortable praying in public. The crazy thing is that we head up the internet prayer ministry for our church and when DH sends out the prayer lists each week and also during the week when we receive new requests, he writes the most beautiful prayers. He says it is easy to do it when you have time to think about what you are writing which is quite different from doing it on the spur of the moment in front of people. When he got sick, we quit going to small groups because we had physical reasons for not being able to be there. However, when we could have gone back, he wouldn't go. He did ask the Pastor one time not to call on him to pray, but he is so busy with so much on his mind that he forgot and asked Tony to pray one night. I finally told DH last Sunday that I had signed us up for Wednesday night. It is usually a larger group and my lady friends go to that group and I would feel more comfortable going to it with out him. I let him know that he could go or not, but I was going. I was shocked that day when he told me he was going with me and I have to tell you that we both had a wonderful time. It was just what we have been needing. Glad your hubby went with you and I'll be praying our hubbies will continue to go with us. :)

Karen I surely will be praying for you and your DH that whatever the problem is that God will give the doctors wisdom as to what it is and how to successfully treat it.

Prayers continue for all.

Karen31
01-26-2014, 07:05 PM
Still haven't heard-- hoping to hear tomorrow but if not by noon I think my DH will call and see if he can't find out something.. So frustrated!

sasyblond401
01-26-2014, 08:03 PM
Hi I am a christian , can I join you all. I am from Oregon but now living in
Tempe,az , I have lost 7 pds......

pattygirl63
01-27-2014, 01:04 PM
sasyblond401 You sure can. WELCOME!!! CONGRATULATIONS on the 7lb loss. Glad to have you with us.

Karen Hope you get good news today. I guess doctors are busy and they don't get in a big hurry to get back to us. Prayers continue for favorable news.

Prayers continue for everyone.

penmage
01-27-2014, 11:42 PM
Deleted

ronni62
01-28-2014, 10:33 AM
penmage-Prayers going up! Don't feel 'selfish' asking for prayer for yourself. If you don't share your own needs, no one will know. God wants us to share in our difficulties so we can receive strength from each other and from Him:hug:

Karen-Praying for good news.

sasyblond-Welcome! Come on over to our Christian Encouragers thread too, if you like!

Karen31
01-28-2014, 03:13 PM
We did finally hear from his Dr. and they want to do a ERCP on him. There is a definite obstruction and gall stones, the gall stones may be the obstruction. Now we are hoping they can do it at one of our local hospitals and not have to drive to Littlerock which is like 5 hours away.. So we are waiting to hear from him on that now. keep the prayers coming.

ronni62
01-28-2014, 04:40 PM
We did finally hear from his Dr. and they want to do a ERCP on him. There is a definite obstruction and gall stones, the gall stones may be the obstruction. Now we are hoping they can do it at one of our local hospitals and not have to drive to Littlerock which is like 5 hours away.. So we are waiting to hear from him on that now. keep the prayers coming.

Prayers continuing, Karen!

pattygirl63
01-28-2014, 04:49 PM
penmage Don't ever feel like you shouldn't ask for prayer for yourself. We all need prayer and sometimes special prayer for ourself. The Lord knows the situation and I pray the situation will quickly be resolved favorably.

Karen Glad they know the problem and praying in agreement with you that it can be taken care of locally, quickly, and a speedy recovery for your DH. Also praying for you as you go through this as it is not easy for the caregiver. I know from personal experience. Many times I have had to pray for strength and patience as I walked through things with DH.

Karen31
01-30-2014, 11:57 AM
Well, we finally got the news that we will need to go to Littlerock and he is having pre-op on Tuesday and the procedure on Wednesday. They will remove the gall stones and if they do find that there is a growth besides they will do a biopsy. Whew! Of course it is going to snow again on Tuesday so we will probably go down on Monday! Keep the prayers coming.

ronni62
01-30-2014, 12:12 PM
Well, we finally got the news that we will need to go to Littlerock and he is having pre-op on Tuesday and the procedure on Wednesday. They will remove the gall stones and if they do find that there is a growth besides they will do a biopsy. Whew! Of course it is going to snow again on Tuesday so we will probably go down on Monday! Keep the prayers coming.

I'll be praying! God bless you both and guide the doctors hands and minds!

pattygirl63
01-30-2014, 12:25 PM
Prayers continue for y'all Karen for successful surgery and no growth. Also praying for safe trip.

bargoo
01-30-2014, 01:16 PM
Having a procedure done this AM. My veins are so tiny that it i is difficult to do chemo by IV.I will be having a port implanted and chemo will be administered through the port.
Praying for all l who who are in need this AM.So many needs, such a mighty God.

pattygirl63
01-31-2014, 12:45 AM
Praying for you Bargoo.

ronni62
01-31-2014, 09:53 AM
Bargoo-I continue praying for you! Glad to hear from you. God bless you and heal you! :hug:

Karen31
01-31-2014, 12:22 PM
Bargoo-- Sending prayers for you. Sending prayers for all concerns.

MoonShadows
02-01-2014, 02:10 PM
You are all in my prayers. :)
I am so happy this thread was made.

-God Bless You All

Karen31
02-05-2014, 06:32 PM
We just got back to our motel room and will be staying here tonight. They have found a tumor in Tim that they will biopsy and determine what it is. Meanwhile a stint has been put in to drain the bile.

bargoo
02-06-2014, 07:27 AM
We just got back to our motel room and will be staying here tonight. They have found a tumor in Tim that they will biopsy and determine what it is. Meanwhile a stint has been put in to drain the bile.

Praying for Tim and you as well.

ronni62
02-07-2014, 04:47 PM
Karen-Prayers will continue for both of you!

pattygirl63
02-07-2014, 06:18 PM
Karen Prayers continue for you and your DH.

Prayers continue for everyone.

Bootsie
02-10-2014, 05:44 AM
So sorry have not checked in been under the weather in weather wise and health but well now hopefully.

ronni62
02-10-2014, 12:57 PM
Bootsie-prayers! Hope you're feeling much better! We do miss you when you're not here!

Karen-prayers continuing for you and your DH!

Karen31
02-13-2014, 09:46 PM
Well, Tim got the diagnosis and it is cancer--- The tumor is either on or near the pancreas. They set up an appointment for him on Feb. 20th. I understood it to be for the surgery--- Tim thinks it is just a consultation.. BUT we have to go back to Littlerock

ronni62
02-14-2014, 11:02 AM
Well, Tim got the diagnosis and it is cancer--- The tumor is either on or near the pancreas. They set up an appointment for him on Feb. 20th. I understood it to be for the surgery--- Tim thinks it is just a consultation.. BUT we have to go back to Littlerock

I'll be praying, Karen & Tim. God is with you and He does heal. Will pray for peace and strength and wisdom for your docs.:hug:

bargoo
02-14-2014, 01:01 PM
Karen, praying for a healing touch and wisdom for all medical people.

Bootsie
02-18-2014, 04:32 PM
Praying Karen for Tim and you , the doctors and nurses for wisdom and insight.

Karen31
02-18-2014, 05:24 PM
We got the appointment changed and we are going tomorrow to the VA Clinic in Kansas City... much closer and a day early. This will still just be a consultation but I'm hoping we get some definite answers. Keep us in your prayers please and I will update you as soon as I can.. Thanks

ronni62
02-19-2014, 10:29 AM
We got the appointment changed and we are going tomorrow to the VA Clinic in Kansas City... much closer and a day early. This will still just be a consultation but I'm hoping we get some definite answers. Keep us in your prayers please and I will update you as soon as I can.. Thanks

Prayers continue, Karen! Safe travels! God bless you both and give wisdom to the docs.

bargoo
02-20-2014, 08:46 PM
GOD is in charge,

Bootsie
02-20-2014, 09:10 PM
Karen please keep us updated and have a safe trip. Praying.

pattygirl63
02-20-2014, 11:32 PM
I had blood work yesterday and the nurse called to tell me that I am anemic. I'm sure it is something simple. I have to take in a stool specimen to see if there is blood, but I don't think there is from what I've seen. He is checking some other things. I really think that I'm anemic because I had cut way back on red meat and even other meats even tried eating more vegetarian for a while. So I think it is just my body telling me that I need to eat some iron foods. Please pray with me that everything will be fine. Thanks. I appreciate your prayers.

Prayers continue for Karen and her husband, Bargoo and all other prayer requests.

Karen31
02-21-2014, 12:25 AM
They did a CT scan on Tim. They also did a pulmonary function test and more labs today. It is pancreatic cancer. It is in a very early stage. They need to determine if he is a candidate for surgery which is basically a cure, If not then they will need to figure out the chemo treatment. Just wanted to update everyone and Thanks for all the prayers.

bargoo
02-21-2014, 10:05 AM
Karen, keeping Tim in prayer and you as well.

pattygirl63
02-21-2014, 01:47 PM
Karen I pray things will be favorable for the cure. Also praying for you as you walk through this with your DH that God will give you the strength you need to help him be strong and have a positive attitude in Christ through this. I have often heard that that is key to these situations. Prayers continuing your way. Thanks for keeping us updated.

Bargoo You are always in my prayers.

ronni62
02-23-2014, 09:51 PM
Please send up some prayers for my mom, again. She's completely delusional and the increase in meds is not working. i really don't know what's going on, but am wondering if she may have alzheimer's along with the schizophrenia. I'll probably have to go to the court tomorrow to file committal paperwork. She's accusing me of stealing from her and trying to have her arrested. She believes that people are 'gassing' her in her home again and getting in and telling her to do things while she's sleeping. This is the first time in a long time that I've felt such despair over this situation. I really don't want to have her committed, but she's going to harm someone or herself if this continues. Probably, I'm just feeling sorry for myself, wishing I'd had a normal mom and had more happy times to remember. Please pray for her.

Prayers continuing for Bargoo, Karen & Tim, and all other needs. :hug:

Karen31
02-24-2014, 12:28 AM
Ronni, I am sending lots of prayers your way. Be strong and realize that this is a disease and not in anyway your fault. Pray about it and do what you feel is the right thing to do. Stay strong and I'll continue to send good thoughts

Tim goes tomorrow for more blood work and then we need to go to Kansas City again on Thursday for a PET scan of his throat. They said there is an enlarged area around the lymph nodes. Praying that it is something different and the cancer hasn't spread.

pattygirl63
02-25-2014, 04:28 PM
Prayers continue for all!!!

Bootsie
02-26-2014, 12:23 PM
Ronni my Mother went through that with her Mother ,she tried to stab my Mother with a butcher knife and just laughed! Claimed Mama was stealing from her. My Mom put her in a nursing home for safety of all. I know it is hard to see loved ones go through this but sometimes a person has to take hold of the reins to protect them and others. Karen still have you in my prayers.

ronni62
03-12-2014, 09:27 AM
Just wanted to post that prayers are continuing for all needs!

Bootsie-What was your grandmother's diagnosis? Sounds like it was a very difficult time for your mom-so sorry that had to happen.
Karen-Prayers continue for you and Tim.
Bargoo- Prayers always for you!

I had to have my mom committed in Feb. but the doctor did not keep her in the hospital more than 3 days. She is now court-ordered on meds and psych visits, but is already trying to find a way to manipulate her new doctor into taking her off the meds. I have basically been disowned, but, right now, that's ok. I'm tired of the situation…I know it's probably wrong to feel that way, but I feel it's gotten to the point that she's going to have to give herself "enough rope to hang herself" and then, the court will order a guardianship or inpatient treatment. I am worried that she has a neighbor who seems to be taking advantage of her and asking for money, but, again, I'm going to have to wait that one out and just see what happens. Her neighbor is younger than me and able-bodied, so could work, but seems to choose not to, but keeps telling mom she needs money for groceries. But, Mom seems to have 'adopted' her as her new daughter, since I did the horrendous act of having her put in the hospital. Oh, well, I know God will work in this situation---He's our all-powerful strength, even over mental illnesses!

Thanks for all your prayers! Keeping you all in mine! God bless!

Bootsie
03-16-2014, 06:06 PM
Ronni the doctors we had then 1960's did not really give a diagnosis for Nanny except she was getting old. I hate that saying blaming everything on old age. Nanny did end up with cancer in the nursing home.

ronni62
03-18-2014, 06:17 PM
Bootsie-My mom's condition also developed in the mid-60's. She was diagnosed manic-depressive (now called bipolar), but now we know it was actually schizophrenia or a combination of both. She was originally treated with shock therapy, which caused her to lose some of her recent memory, including recognizing her children. She had no idea who I was when she came home from the hospital, even though dad had tried to tell her. She never really tried to connect much with me through my childhood and mostly criticized, especially about my weight. The mental health community has learned a lot over the years, but still isn't anywhere near where they need to be in treating and controlling mental illnesses. Very sad situation still.

ronni62
03-19-2014, 06:19 PM
I have a prayer request-One of my sons' football coaches fell while on spring break and fractured his skull. He's in a hospital in Texas, has had brain surgery to fix a brain bleed and is starting rehab. He's still having problems swallowing, so he can not eat or drink anything, and there are some other issues, such as needing assistance walking, so, obviously there has been some kind of brain damage. He is married with 2 small boys. His wife is with him, but the boys are at home with relatives. Please pray for quick and complete healing for him. Not sure of his faith at all, but doubting he's a believer at this time, so pray also for him/them to come to know Christ through this. Thank you!

Karen31
03-20-2014, 10:44 PM
Ok. Tim has to have another CAT scan today. And then we have to come up next Tuesday and Wednesday ( will stay overnight) Tuesday is more tests ( the scope through the throat again to see what stage the cancer tumor is now) and Wednesday they will meet with him again and start chemo. This will all be done prior to getting his surgery done at KU. He meets with the surgeon on Thursday. Keep the prayers coming. Thanks--I am so tired today. just feel worn out

ronni62
03-21-2014, 11:06 AM
Karen-I'll be lifting you both up in prayer as well as the docs! Get your rest and keep strong. God will get you through this! Hugs for you!

pattygirl63
03-24-2014, 04:53 PM

EagleRiverDee
03-24-2014, 09:26 PM
Prayers sent for Ronni, Bootsie and Karen on all concerns.

Karen31
03-25-2014, 06:32 PM
We are back at the lodge and I didn't run over anybody. The Dr. that did the endoscopy said the opening that he needed to go through was smaller than the end of the scope so he wasn't able to get all the way into the lower intestine. But he said the cancer has expanded but is very operable. Which he was able to tell from the CT scan. He called Tim's Dr immediately so everything is set to meet with the surgeon on Thursday Will still meet with his Dr on the morning and they will determine if they still want to start the chemo before the surgery. Tim says he would rather wait until after the surgery

bargoo
03-25-2014, 08:21 PM
Praying for Tim and all medical personnel, for wisdom and guidance.

Karen31
03-25-2014, 08:30 PM
Thanks Bargoo. How are you feeling?

ronni62
03-26-2014, 03:28 PM
Karen-Prayers continue! I'm sure you're glad that the cancer is operable and that things are progressing toward healing. God will carry you both through this.

Tabbycat
03-28-2014, 09:58 AM
Hello, Prayer Warriors.
I usually post on Chicks Up for a Challenge, but I have a prayer request. My brother was diagnosed with acute lymphoblastic leukemia a week ago. He has started a brutal chemo treatment plan (hyperCVAD) and our hope is for remission and bone marrow transplant. Please pray for his healing and for the strength and comfort of our mother. We believe in miracles.

ronni62
03-28-2014, 12:28 PM
Tabbycat-Prayers going up! Please keep us posted on him and you and your mom, too. We know the whole family suffers and is impacted by cancer. God bless!

EagleRiverDee
03-28-2014, 01:54 PM
Tabbycat- Praying for your brother, and your family!

Karen31
04-04-2014, 02:55 AM
Well, we didn't get the happy news we were expecting from the surgery. Once the surgeon got in there he saw that the cancer had spread to Tim's liver and determined removing the tumor on the pancreas was a higher risk than leaving it. They did remove his gall bladder which was full of stones. But told us that chemo is not very successful with this type of cancer. He is stage 4 and the decision to do chemo will totally have to be up to him. As the surgeon put it to me he will need to choose the quantity of life or quality of life. So it wasn't good news at all. He should be released from the hospital on Saturday. Just wanted to come and give an update

ronni62
04-04-2014, 09:12 AM
Karen-I am so sorry to hear the diagnosis. Will be keeping you and Tim and your family in my prayers. Enjoy life, love, and the time you have together. God is with you and He will give you both support and comfort through this time. Prayers and hugs for you both. Wish I could do more. :hug:

bargoo
04-04-2014, 03:22 PM
Well, we didn't get the happy news we were expecting from the surgery. Once the surgeon got in there he saw that the cancer had spread to Tim's liver and determined removing the tumor on the pancreas was a higher risk than leaving it. They did remove his gall bladder which was full of stones. But told us that chemo is not very successful with this type of cancer. He is stage 4 and the decision to do chemo will totally have to be up to him. As the surgeon put it to me he will need to choose the quantity of life or quality of life. So it wasn't good news at all. He should be released from the hospital
on Saturday. Just wanted to come and give an update

Glad you trust us with the update so we know how to pray,just to remind you of my situation, You know how long I have been posting here since having cancer I first had breast cancer, which spread to my bones then spread to my brain followed by nodules on the lungs. At this time they offered me hospice or chemo I chose chemo, I saw my oncologist this week and he was quite pleased to say the chemo is working I don't tell you this to be bragging but may give you a little hope, I am stage 4 too Don'g give up your trust in the Great Physician I hope you have a good prayer team in place, I will be praying for you too ,My experience may not be your husbands just sharing so you can see what mat happen you never know with this disease.

EagleRiverDee
04-04-2014, 04:22 PM
Karen- You and Tim will be in my prayers!

And this may sound kooky- but research the baking soda cancer cure. I have a relative with cancer and a friend of family with cancer that both tried it and one has stage IV ovarian cancer. Initially they told her she had a 50% chance of living two years. She did the baking soda thing and it shrunk her tumors prior to surgery and now they tell her she has a 90% chance of 5 years. I know this sounds like an internet hoax, but it's cheap and has no downside, so maybe try it? It's just baking soda and molasses or baking soda and maple syrup. The theory behind it is that cancer cannot survive an alkaline environment, and cancer feeds on sugar. The mix of the baking soda (which turns the body alkaline) and the maple syrup or molasses is that the sugar in the syrup gets pulled into the cancer cells but they also pull in the baking soda and that kills the cancer cells. There's different recipes on the internet for it but they are pretty similar.

bargoo
04-04-2014, 08:15 PM
Karen- You and Tim will be in my prayers!

And this may sound kooky- but research the baking soda cancer cure. I have a relative with cancer and a friend of family with cancer that both tried it and one has stage IV ovarian cancer. Initially they told her she had a 50% chance of living two years. She did the baking soda thing and it shrunk her tumors prior to surgery and now they tell her she has a 90% chance of 5 years. I know this sounds like an internet hoax, but it's cheap and has no downside, so maybe try it? It's just baking soda and molasses or baking soda and maple syrup. The theory behind it is that cancer cannot survive an alkaline environment, and cancer feeds on sugar. The mix of the baking soda (which turns the body alkaline) and the maple syrup or molasses is that the sugar in the syrup gets pulled into the cancer cells but they also pull in the baking soda and that kills the cancer cells. There's different recipes on the internet for it but they are pretty similar.

I have never heard of this either.Where do you get information ?

Karen31
04-05-2014, 01:48 AM
Thanks Bargoo, I just feel like such a mess right now. Nothing I seem to do seems to be the right thing. I find myself all teary more than anything right now I have had a few meltdowns just by talking to strangers where I would break down and cry. As I am writing this I am all teary but I know I need to be strong and support him in anyway I can. It isn't going to be easy and I'm sure I will end up some times just walking away instead of saying things that I will regret. I know he is going to lash out and I'm the closest to receive it. I won't fight and won't argue so I see myself taking lots of drives or walks with my little poms. But know it isn't going to be easy. Thanks for the prayers and I know god has his plan.

bargoo
04-05-2014, 01:29 PM
Stay strong, Karen. Lean on your Christian friends.

Karen31
04-05-2014, 04:37 PM
What have you heard of the "Matthew 4 Protocol"? My Aunt gave the book to read about it and I just thought that I would see if you have heard of it or know anything about it.

Tabbycat
04-06-2014, 08:21 AM
Tabbycat here.

My brother John got a poor prognosis for his acute lymphoblastic leukemia. He has the Philadelphia chromosome which means the cancer is less likely to respond to chemo and more likely to recur. We are 16 days into treatment and he is not making good blood cells yet. Please pray for him and for his elderly mother who will not leave his side.

Karen, I will be praying for you and Tim.

Karen31
04-06-2014, 10:42 AM
Tabbycat-- sending prayers for all.

EagleRiverDee
04-07-2014, 03:02 AM
I have never heard of this either.Where do you get information ?

Originally from my Dad, who has had prostate cancer and researched alternative therapies and he settled on one that uses hormones. It cured him- he is free of cancer now and it's been something like 6 years since his treatments. He didn't want surgery, and he didn't want chemo. So he keeps up on all the alternative therapies, and he found the one on the baking soda cure. He sent it to me, and honestly since then I see it everywhere. On Facebook, in blogs, even in some articles. My doctor has me taking baking soda -not for cancer, but because I tend to be acidic and it was causing me to have a burning bladder and once she put me on baking soda it helped unbelievably. I can now sleep for about 6 hours at a time without having to get up, which is a miracle considering I used to get up every hour on the hour. Anyway, I digress. This is from the email he sent me, with the recipe he uses (and the recipe my Aunt and her friend use):

You take 3 tablespoons of maple syrup to 1 of baking soda (you should use about 12 tbsp of syrup and 4 of baking soda to make enough of the mixture). Bring the mixture to a boil, then simmer for 5 minutes, stirring continually. Take 1 teaspoon twice a day for a week.

The idea behind it is this: cancer cells need to be acid. Making the body alkaline kills them. Normal cells will be unaffected, therefore no side effects. Straight baking soda would not be accepted by the cancer cells, therefore the need for the maple syrup (probably any sweet syrup would work, but maple helps make it taste a little better!) which the cancer cells will take in, along with the acidic baking soda (apparently the simmering and stirring breaks the baking soda down into small enough particles to enter the cells).

ronni62
04-09-2014, 09:51 AM
Prayers continuing! God bless you, friends!

Karen31
04-10-2014, 09:44 PM
Tim called this afternoon and they took the tube out and he has started back on clear liquids as of 2:00 this afternoon. Hoping that things move forward in a positive way now and the stomach starts working like it should.

bargoo
04-10-2014, 10:18 PM
Tim and you are in my prayers, karen.

EagleRiverDee
04-11-2014, 02:14 AM
Prayers for all.

pattygirl63
04-11-2014, 11:53 PM
Karen Praying for you and Tim.

Karen31
04-15-2014, 05:40 PM
Well, they have had Tim on Reglan for the last 3 days and are letting him try clear liquids again today. It seems like the Reglan has got his stomach working again like it should and hoping that the food he eats stays down. This will be his third try and it seems like the other 2 times he has got to about day 3 and then loses the food that he ate. So we are praying that this works this time. He is ready to come home and I'm ready for him to. 15 days is a long time to be in the hospital! Keep the prayers coming.

And I continue to keep all of you in my prayers.

EagleRiverDee
04-15-2014, 08:16 PM
Karen, you and Tim have been in my daily prayers. Bargoo, you too.

Prayers for all concerns.

Dee

ronni62
04-16-2014, 10:39 AM
Prayers continuing!

Karen-I'll pray specifically for Tim's stomach to tolerate foods again. Hugs for you!

EagleRiverDee
04-16-2014, 02:32 PM
Asking for prayers this morning for my Uncle.

First, a couple weeks ago he was given 2 weeks to get out of the house he's been living in. He's been unemployed for 18 months and I guess they got fed up. He contacted me, and I offered to loan him some money to get on his feet, get a place to stay, and to fund his job hunting.

He's got stress issues- like panic disorder- that makes it where he deals with stressful situations poorly. I've been trying to help, but he lives in WV and I live in Alaska and that makes it tough because I can only offer support via phone/email and not in person.

Then yesterday he wakes up and is peeing blood and is in a lot of pain. He goes to the hospital and they think they found a mass on his bladder- they're thinking it might be bladder cancer but nothing is certain. He is supposed to see a specialist. In the meantime, he's decided due to his Google searches that he must have stage 3 or 4 bladder cancer and that he's a goner.

I'm relatively certain he doesn't have insurance and I'm not sure if ever was signed up for Medicaid. He's destitute, so I'm certain he qualifies.

Last night he threw 16 months of sobriety down the toilet and got hammered. I'm concerned that the money I gave him will now go to fund his drinking.

My Uncle turned his back on nearly all his family- I am literally the only family member he will speak to besides his son and ex-wife. He's cut everyone else off. My Grandparents both passed away without him speaking to them, and his sister (my Aunt) has tried numerous times to get in touch with him and he won't allow her to. No one knows what his reasons are for that. I don't know why he gives me an exception. The point being that there are people closer to him that could help, if he would let them.

Please pray for him. He needs a place to live, some sort of health coverage, a doctor that will accept the coverage he has, to stay away from booze, and ideally to let my Aunt at least back into his life because she is in a much better position (geographically and financially) to help him than I am.

ronni62
04-18-2014, 10:46 AM
Dee-Prayers for your uncle have been lifted up. It's so hard to understand why people cut themselves off from others (I know alcoholism and mental illness play a huge role in this). I pray that he will see God's hand helping guide his decisions and know that He will help if your uncle will allow Him in. Prayers for you, too, as I know how hard it is to be the only one who is called upon for help and know you can't do everything that needs to be done. Hugs for you!

Karen31
04-18-2014, 09:32 PM
Tim was discharged from the hospital yesterday and my brother and I went up and got him. He had a good night and I fixed him some scrambled eggs this morning. he said he had been craving them for over a week. Seems to be doing good and had a good nights sleep. Just wanted to pop In and give y'all and update

Continued prayers for all.

Karen31
04-21-2014, 03:09 PM
Tim has an appointment on Wednesday at 2:40 at the VA in Kansas City. Guess it is a meeting with the team to see what and where we go from here

ronni62
04-21-2014, 10:18 PM
Karen-Prayers will be going up regarding the upcoming appointment. Glad to hear Tim's home and resting and eating. Hugs for you both.

Karen31
04-22-2014, 12:02 AM
Thanks-- there are so many ups and downs.....

EagleRiverDee
04-22-2014, 10:01 PM
Karen- you and Tim have been in my prayers every day. Everyone else here, too!

Dee

FleurDeLis
04-25-2014, 12:51 AM
Hi everyone,

SO glad to find some prayerful support for both my weight loss journey and just life in general.

Please pray for the soul of my daughter Isabelle Francis. She was stillborn on March 21, 2014, I was 38 weeks pregnant. Please pray for my husband and I as we continue to deal with our loss. Please pray for me as I prepare to return to work very soon. I'm seeking a new job as my current one involves working closely with young children and I find this very difficult right now. I wish only to do the will of God, my father and pray that His will be done in me.

Thank you.

bargoo
04-25-2014, 02:29 AM
[QUOTE=FleurDeLis;4991252]Hi everyone,

SO glad to find some prayerful support for both my weight loss journey and just life in general.

Please pray for the soul of my daughter Isabelle Francis. She was stillborn on March 21, 2014, I was 38 weeks pregnant. Please pray for my husband and I as we continue to deal with our loss. Please pray for me as I prepare to return to work very soon. I'm seeking a new job as my current one involves working closely with young children and I find this very difficult right now. I wish only to do the will of God, my father and pray that His will be done in me.

I will be prying for you and your husband, So sorry for your loss.

Karen31
04-25-2014, 12:43 PM
We went and met with the oncologist on Wednesday and really had a good session with him--- lots of questions were asked and answered-- he spent almost an hour with us and we never felt rushed. The results being-- if Tim should choose to do nothing, he would have maybe a couple months left. If he chooses chemo, he can have as much as 6 to 14 months. The cancer isn't curable and the chemo should just make him feel some better in the long run for the time we have left. I was so very impressed with the oncologist. He gave me his office phone number and said if he is in the office he will answer the phone. BUT then he gave me his cell phone number and told me if I have any questions even in the middle of the night, to text him. He said he might not answer in the middle of the night but as soon as he turned his cell back on in the morning he will. Just made me feel so good---well as good as you can in this situation. He has 2 appointments set up on May 7th and if all goes well he will be starting chemo on the 8th. I know there are so many days that are going to be filled with anger, tears, hurts and I don't know what else-- but it is the way it is and I just have to accept it. Keep the prayers coming.

Fleur---I will add you to my prayers. So very hard my heart hurts for you.

Prayers continue for all

FleurDeLis
04-25-2014, 02:59 PM
Thank you bargoo and Karen. I will include everyone's intentions in my prayers as well.

Karen- So glad to see the oncologist has a wonderful way with people. That is truly a great thing.

EagleRiverDee
04-25-2014, 03:16 PM
Prayers for FleurDeLis, Karen and Tim, and Bargoo.

ronni62
04-26-2014, 08:53 PM
Prayers going up for FleurdeLis, Karen & Tim, Bargoo, and all other requests. :hug:

Sharing a praise-My mom's leg is healing very well and she's able to do some motion exercise now. They anticipate she'll be able to return home and live independently in 4 - 6 weeks. Otherwise, she's doing very well now in the nursing home. Thanks for all the prayers!

FleurDeLis
04-27-2014, 08:07 PM
Prayers going up for FleurdeLis, Karen & Tim, Bargoo, and all other requests. :hug:

Sharing a praise-My mom's leg is healing very well and she's able to do some motion exercise now. They anticipate she'll be able to return home and live independently in 4 - 6 weeks. Otherwise, she's doing very well now in the nursing home. Thanks for all the prayers!

Glad to hear this!:cp:

FleurDeLis
04-28-2014, 05:14 PM
Down 1/2 a pound today!! :carrot::D. I weigh every few days to keep myself in check. Last weigh in was a few days ago at 189. Today was 188.5! Woop!!!:carrot:

ronni62
04-28-2014, 05:50 PM
Down 1/2 a pound today!! :carrot::D. I weigh every few days to keep myself in check. Last weigh in was a few days ago at 189. Today was 188.5! Woop!!!:carrot:

:bravo: Every bit is a step in the right direction! Congrats!

FleurDeLis
04-29-2014, 03:26 PM
Going in for my 6 week post partum appointment tomorrow. Prayers that all is well with my body. Will be getting blood tested for my thyroid levels. I'm interested to see how that is since I'm no longer pregnant.

FleurDeLis
05-01-2014, 12:44 AM
All went well today at the doctor's office. I have been cleared for all physical activity. Off to a general practice doctor tomorrow for just a routine checkup. Been living in Indy for nearly two years and haven't settled with a doctor yet. It's about time to get that done!

EagleRiverDee
05-08-2014, 08:36 PM
Karen- you and Tim have been in my prayers, and I hope you are both doing ok.

Fleur- I'm glad to hear that you have been cleared for activity and that you're seeing some weight loss! Congrats!

Ronni- PTL that your Mom's leg is healing!

Bargoo- I hope you're doing ok also!

Prayers for all!

Karen31
05-18-2014, 03:44 PM
Well, they admitted Tim into to hospital Friday night. When we got him to the hospital his heart rate was 150 and his temp was 103.2 and his BP was 94/56. They started pumping him full of 4 different antibiotics and IV fluids. By the time my brother and I left last night his temp was down to 99.7. I got home about 2:30am.Sure do appreciate my brother being so supportive in this with me. I don't know what I would do without my family being so close! I got(but missed) a call from Tim at 5:00am. He wanted to remind me to bring up his list of medications and also his medical directives and the power of attorney for me. But then MR. CRANKYPANTS took over and he was mean and nasty!! He was ready to leave the hospital right then. So needless to say I was in no hurry to get up to the hospital today. By the time I piddled around the house and got up here a little after noon he was in a better mood! Still not sure what caused it other than an infection of some kind. Now of all things they may end up transferring him back to the VA in KC. THIS DOESNT MAKE ME HAPPY!!!' They are checking now what to do. Just found out they can't do anything on that until Monday anyway so hopefully he will get to come home tomorrow.. WHEW!! What a night!!

Update Sunday afternoon: Just got a call from Tim. He just saw the Dr. and he has bacteria in his urine and they are trying to track that down so they can target the antibiotics. And he has blood clots in both legs. He will be in the hospital at least another 2 or 3 days

bargoo
05-18-2014, 08:56 PM
Keeping you and Tim in my prayers,

EagleRiverDee
05-20-2014, 03:03 PM
Karen, you and Tim are in my daily prayers.

ronni62
05-23-2014, 10:20 AM
Karen-Prayers continuing for you and Tim.

Karen31
05-24-2014, 03:55 PM
We went to KC yesterday to get the prescriptions Tim needed and ended up spending about 3 hours with his oncologist, and his oncologist nurse. Not to bad for not having any appointment at all
with any of them. They have determined that there isn't really anything else they can do for Tim other than try to keep him as comfortable and happy as possible. They called in the social worker there too, again remember no appointment, and she spent a good amount of time with us explaining the hospice program. So she is going to get that set up and started ASAP. Then picked up his meds that he needed and headed home. Thanks so much to my sister for taking out her whole day with me to help in ways that I'm sure neither of us imagined. Love my sister!!!!! Then she went above and beyond and gave Tim his shot that he needed today. Love my sister!!!Just wanted to update everyone.

ronni62
05-25-2014, 06:41 PM
Karen-I am so sorry. You and Tim will continue to be in my prayers, along with your family. Enjoy the time you have left and just love each other. Wish there was more I could do or say-just know that I'll be lifting you all up in prayer. God will be with you through this.

EagleRiverDee
05-27-2014, 03:23 PM
May I ask for prayers, please? I had a rescue dog I was fostering that I'd had for 8 days- he had never shown any aggression or untoward interest in my cats. On Saturday, I was vacuuming and one of my cats ran from the vacuum. I couldn't hear anything over the vacuum- but when I got done I found that the new dog had attacked my cat and killed it. I am utterly heartbroken, I feel horribly guilty, I am having trouble getting the condition of my cat's body out of my head. It was awful. He was the sweetest cat, and I loved him very much, and I just feel so responsible. The dog has gone back to the rescue, and I feel awful about that too because he has serious separation anxiety and he and I were becoming attached to one another. And I know he didn't kill my cat to be bad- I'm sure the running cat triggered a chase instinct. It's an awful situation. I am full of anxiety, with stomach cramps and difficulty eating and sleeping. If you could pray for the Lord to help me find acceptance and peace with this issue, I would really appreciate it.

Karen and Tim remain in my daily prayers, and Bargoo, for healing.

Dee

ronni62
05-28-2014, 10:09 AM
Dee-Prayers for you and the anxiety and issues from this horrible situation. Such a sad thing to happen and I can imagine how bad this would affect someone. I can only say that maybe some good will come from it, in that the shelter now knows there's some retraining to be done with the dog before it's put into another home with pets (or even children). So sorry for the loss of your poor kitty. Praying for peace for you.

EagleRiverDee
05-28-2014, 03:35 PM
Ronni,

Thanks very much for your prayers, I'm grateful. Will be praying for you, too. I hope things are going well.

Karen31
05-28-2014, 06:15 PM
Dee, I'm so sorry to hear this story. .Make me sad... (hugs)))

pattygirl63
05-29-2014, 03:20 PM
Dee I'm sorry to hear about your cat and dog situation. I had a kitten and a puppy that I got at the same time. They loved each other so much because they grew up together. Then one morning the boys found the kitten dead by the side of the house. Come to find out the German shepherd of a friend of our got out and killed her. I always felt like it was m fault because she didn't know to be afraid of the German shepherd and run because she only knew one dog that loved her, my Cocker Spaniel she had grown up with. I decided right then and there I would never do that again. It didn't stop me from feeling heartbroken and hurt. I pray you can find peace in the situation.

EagleRiverDee
05-29-2014, 07:29 PM
Thank you Karen, and Patty-girl. I remain very upset and heartbroken about this situation. I keep wishing I could go back and do things different.

FleurDeLis
06-01-2014, 11:45 AM
Our Lord has ascended into heaven!!! Alleluia!! :) I continue to lift everyone here up in prayer!

fruitofthewomb
06-01-2014, 04:24 PM
I am new here but drawn to this board because I love the Lord and this appears to be an intimate group. I have 9 children, my husband and I home school the 7 that are home (we had 7 children in 6 years, that's why I'm here). I'm 44 years old, my husband is 54... we enjoy farming, gardening, I like making sourdough bread though I am not eating it right now.

Dee, I am so sorry to hear about your situation. I had a dog kill our "favorite" cat I ever had back in 1999 or so. It is so tragic. I know your pain personally. : ( I'll be praying.

Fleur, I keep thinking of you today (saw your post about your loss of your baby last night when I found this site). I don't know you but am hurting for you. I am so sorry. I hope you have family to help you during this time.

Karen, I of course don't know your story, but it sounds like your son is in a hospice and not doing well. I'm so sorry, it's got to be so hard on you. I'm glad you have friends here to pray for you.

ronni62
06-04-2014, 02:07 PM
Fruitofthewomb-Welcome! Glad to have you here! You sound like a very busy lady!

Prayers continue for all needs:hug:

Karen31
06-21-2014, 11:44 PM
Sorry I have been kind of MIA!! Tim has 4 younger siblings (2 sisters and 2 brothers) and over the course of the last 2 weeks they have all made their way to see him. Not all at the same time... WHEW!! But his oldest younger sister(from Albuquerque, NM) came in and spent 4 days with us. And the his two brothers (one from Mass and one from New Hampshire) came at the same time for like 3 days and then the day they left, we, the brothers and I, went and picked up the youngest sister who came from Pennsylvania. We picker her up at 1:00am and the brothers had to leave at 5:00am to fly out that same morning so it has been a whirlwind couple of weeks!

Tim is now trying another type of chemo. It is an oral pill called capesidabene--Don't know if I spelled that right or not. He has been taking it a little over a week now and seems to be doing OK. I keep asking him how he feels but I don't think he would tell me if he feels bad... MEN!! Anyway, they have told me that from the time that the pancreatic cancer was diagnosed it had probably already been in his system for at least 14 months. And on April 1 they told us they were giving him 6 months to a year. So everything is really just day by day.. But right now he is doing OK.

EagleRiverDee
06-23-2014, 08:34 PM
Karen-

Thanks for letting us know how things are going. I'm glad Tim is getting a chance to visit family. Hopefully some of the new treatments will work! Will keep you both in my prayers!

Dee

Tabbycat
06-26-2014, 01:17 PM
I am asking for prayers for my brother John and his mother. John has leukemia and will get a stem cell transplant on July 8. I was the donor and they got enough stem cells from me to proceed. Our mother is his caregiver and she is so very tired (85 years old and a cardiac patient herself). Please pray for his healing and her health and strength. Thank you so much!

bargoo
06-26-2014, 07:56 PM
What a wonderful family you must have, holding you all up in prayer.

ronni62
06-30-2014, 01:06 PM
Karen & Tabbycat-Prayers continue! You both have wonderful families. It's great that you have that support.

2salads
06-30-2014, 01:29 PM
So happy that I found this thread! So many wonderful, faithful people here! If you have a spare moment could you please pray for my husband. He has been out of work for 8 months and has two promising interviews with different companies this week. I know that he is immensely stressed, and worried about our finances. Any prayers would be extremely appreciated. Thank you!

ronni62
07-01-2014, 12:42 PM
2salads-Prayers going up!

EagleRiverDee
07-01-2014, 08:16 PM
Prayers being said for all concerns.

2salads
07-01-2014, 08:29 PM
Thank you! My husband has had two successful interviews. Hopefully these transform into job offers so that he can start work after the holidays!

ReillyJ
07-15-2014, 03:26 PM
i keep forgetting about this forum..

Please pray for me, been a believer for a long long time and holding onto my faith now w/everything i have. Trials and tribulations galore and of long standing. Husband has severe chronic illnesses including severe pain, we have no health insurance and no doctors and almost poverty level, he's 65 and has to work as hard as when he was 30 (self employed) and today i had one of my panic attacks....H and i were to pick up my brother from the hospital after back surgery where he was to stay at our house at least overnight, i was supposed to drive his car back and H drive our car w/my brother. Well i had a major attack and just COULDN'T go and H is now trying to find his way to the hospital and navigate all that--i'm usually the eyes and ears.

on top of it, the shame, the way i am shaken inside, the loss of self esteem (it can't be helped, it happens no matter what) and how i've let people down and now have to pick up the pieces. Trying not to make a big deal of it in my head or it'll damage me even more. Don't understand the constant endless prayers to the Lord for..i'm talking decades...and a lot more prayers than answers!! *sigh*

lucindaarrowspark
07-15-2014, 09:26 PM
today is fast day for people of my religion I can not eat until 9 pm. I wish for world peace

ronni62
07-20-2014, 05:03 PM
ReillyJ-Prayers going up for you and the situation. Remember God does care and He'll bring you through. It may seem bleak right now, but I know He'll get you through.:hug:

EagleRiverDee
07-22-2014, 07:41 PM
ReillyJ- prayers going up for you. I also have panic attacks, I know how awful those can be. I am praying for your situation and husband's health to improve.

bargoo
08-04-2014, 05:29 AM
May I ask for your prayers ? I have a big decision to make. Many of you know that I have cancer, that means a lot of medical visits plus also leaves me pretty much house bound. My adult children are great about helping me but they have jobs and famlilies, too. Myds2 has invited me to move in with them. This would be a great problem solver, but I hate to give up independance.One of the problems I have is falling, this might be helpful in that area.
Thank you for your prayers.

Karen31
08-05-2014, 02:30 PM
Tim was to have an ERCP done yesterday and the ERCP wasn't completed. They couldn't get down to where they need to be. They will do it tomorrow through "Interventional Radiology" not sure what time. They will also drain the fluid from his abdomen. Hospice will be transporting him home and will furnish a hospital bed and all the equipment he needs. Will know more when he will be home after tomorrow. Talked to him this morning and he said he is very weak. Been doing things around the house to make room for the hospital bed and other things that he will need. He is losing ground fast.. Need lots of prayers.

Bargoo -- sending prayers for you and you will know the right decision. We all have to accept help when we really don't want it. (((Hugs)))

bargoo
08-05-2014, 06:18 PM
Tim was to have an ERCP done yesterday and the ERCP wasn't completed. They couldn't get down to where they need to be. They will do it tomorrow through "Interventional Radiology" not sure what time. They will also drain the fluid from his abdomen. Hospice will be transporting him home and will furnish a hospital bed and all the equipment he needs. Will know more when he will be home after tomorrow. Talked to him this morning and he said he is very weak. Been doing things around the house to make room for the hospital bed and other things that he will need. He is losing ground fast.. Need lots of prayers.

Bargoo -- sending prayers for you and you will know the right decision. We all have to accept help when we really don't want it. (((Hugs)))

Praying for you and for Tim.
Thanks for your prayers.

Karen31
08-07-2014, 12:24 AM
Went up with my sister to see Tim today. I paged and texted the Drs. and Social workers and said we would be there about 3:00. Met with just about everyone. They have determined that Tim will need to have 24 hour assistance, so this means they will be placing him in a Hospice facility. They are checking to see if they can get him in somewhere a lot closer to home. So far they are looking at a place that is about 50 miles away but that is still better than 150 miles away. They are giving him morphine and keeping him comfortable. They may be able to move him as soon as Friday or it may be Monday.

BamaGalRN
08-07-2014, 12:31 AM
Hi! I'm new to the forum, but looking forward to meeting everyone!

bargoo
08-07-2014, 12:31 PM
Went up with my sister to see Tim today. I paged and texted the Drs. and Social workers and said we would be there about 3:00. Met with just about everyone. They have determined that Tim will need to have 24 hour assistance, so this means they will be placing him in a Hospice facility. They are checking to see if they can get him in somewhere a lot closer to home. So far they are looking at a place that is about 50 miles away but that is still better than 150 miles away. They are giving him morphine and keeping him comfortable. They may be able to move him as soon as Friday or it may be Monday.

Karen, God bless you and Tim.

Karen31
08-08-2014, 03:24 PM
Tim called just a bit ago. It is so hard for him to talk. He said he has hoped I would be coming up today. I told him I was planning on tomorrow. He said he had a palliative nurse assigned to him now. So I called her.
I just talked to the palliative nurse for Tim. I called her. She said the Drs. were in with him now and she would call me back after she talked to them. I told her I wanted to come up tomorrow unless she thought I needed to come up today. She will let me know.

EagleRiverDee
08-08-2014, 04:28 PM
Prayers going up for Bargoo, Karen, and Tim.

ronni62
08-10-2014, 06:54 PM
Karen & Bargoo-I pray for you both (and your families) 'without ceasing'. My heart breaks for you, Karen, but I know God will be with you and Tim. God will help you, Bargoo, in making your decisions. Your safety is the most important factor. Love and hugs for you both!:hug:

bargoo
08-10-2014, 11:37 PM
Thanks, ronni.

Karen31
08-11-2014, 01:46 AM
Thanks Ronni--- it is hard

Karen31
08-18-2014, 12:35 AM
This morning I lost my best friend and love of my life. Go Rest High on That Mountain. R.I.P. Tim I Love You and will miss you so much

bargoo
08-18-2014, 01:07 PM
Karen , I am so sorry, but you know he is in the arms of Jesus, couldn't be in a better place. I know you will miss him .

EagleRiverDee
08-18-2014, 02:35 PM
Karen, I am so sorry. Tim no longer suffers, but you do. I will continue to keep you in my prayers. God bless you. ~Dena

bargoo
08-19-2014, 05:44 PM
Prayer partners, Karen has been so faithful to pray for our needs Now she has suffered a great loss and needs our prayers.

Tabbycat
08-19-2014, 09:10 PM
Praying for you, Karen!

Tabbycat
08-19-2014, 09:14 PM
My brother got my stem cells (used to be called bone marrow transplant) on July 8. He has made it over 30 days so they call the transplant a success. He is out of the hospital now but has to stay within 20 minutes of the cancer center at all times, and he still gets daily treatments. Please pray for John and especially for our 85 year old mother Mary Ann who is his caregiver. We have moved them into a one bedroom apartment near the cancer center.

bargoo
08-19-2014, 10:03 PM
My brother got my stem cells (used to be called bone marrow transplant) on July 8. He has made it over 30 days so they call the transplant a success. He is out of the hospital now but has to stay within 20 minutes of the cancer center at all times, and he still gets daily treatments. Please pray for John and especially for our 85 year old mother Mary Ann who is his caregiver. We have moved them into a one bedroom apartment near the cancer center.

Praying for John and all your family.

EagleRiverDee
08-20-2014, 03:44 PM
Prayers continuing for Karen.

Prayers going up for Tabbycat's brother, John, and their mom.

Karen31
08-20-2014, 10:58 PM
Here is a link to a video that a cousin of mine made as a tribute to Tim. Just felt like I wanted to share---https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6Z-79A-iH0&feature=youtu.be

ronni62
08-20-2014, 11:02 PM
Karen-I'm so sorry to learn of Tim's passing. Take comfort in knowing he's with the Lord, but I know you feel his loss very deeply. You and your family are still in my prayers. Wish I could reach out and hug you. God bless you and carry you through this.

Tabbycat-Prayers going up for your brother, mother, and you, as well.

Bargoo-Prayers always for you, as well. Hugs for you.

bargoo
08-21-2014, 02:24 PM
Here is a link to a video that a cousin of mine made as a tribute to Tim. Just felt like I wanted to share---https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6Z-79A-iH0&feature=youtu.be

What a wonderful memorial. Thanks for sharing with us. I continue to pray that you will find peace.

ronni62
08-25-2014, 05:45 PM
Karen-Beautiful tribute! You and he looked very happy. Praying for comfort for you and all Tim's loved ones.

EagleRiverDee
09-05-2014, 07:10 PM
Karen- that is a nice tribute. Praying for the Lord's comfort and peace for you.

My mom is going through a difficult time right now. She's trying to get off her anti-depressants because they are causing her big problems with her gut that leave her housebound. But in the process, she's going through a phase where she's become very angry and suspicious. My mom stopped talking to me about 3 weeks ago. I call once a week and my Dad told me that Mom's decided that I'm in collusion with my 2nd cousin against her, that somehow we're conspiring against her. I have no idea what she thinks we're conspiring about, or why she thinks we're conspiring to begin with as I never speak with my cousin. The sum total of our communication is that she texted me pictures of her dogs a few months ago, and of the house she's buying, and we're linked on a social networking site where we occasionally comment on each other's posts. I don't post about my mom, either. But anyway, my feelings are hurt that my mom not only has jumped to this incorrect conclusion but that her reaction has been to choose not to speak with me. I ask for prayers that my mom's depression/anger/paranoia would be lifted from her, and also that she would receive help with her alcohol addiction. Thank you.

ronni62
10-08-2014, 02:28 PM
Some of you may remember a request a year ago for a friend's daughter, Jenna, who's been fighting cancer. She's 24 and is losing the battle. She will probably go home to be with her Savior this week, so I'm requesting prayer for her family. She will be leaving her mom and dad, plus a brother and her twin sister, plus many, many friends and other family. There's a prayer vigil tonight at 8 EDT for her and the family, if anyone has the time to lift them up. One of her quotes that her aunt posted today is "Rejoice always. Even if you don't feel like it, there is a reason for joy."

Thank you for the prayers.

Karen31
10-08-2014, 10:23 PM
Ronni, I will definitely send prayers for peace and comfort for the your friend, her family and for you. It is such a tough thing to go through.

bargoo
10-09-2014, 05:03 PM
Ronni, I will definitely send prayers for peace and comfort for the your friend, her family and for you. It is such a tough thing to go through.

Will be prayiing for this family.

Tabbycat
10-15-2014, 08:28 AM
Hi again. This is Annie with a difficult update. My brother John's cancer has returned, just three days before he reached the 100 day milestone after stem cell transplant. Please pray for him and his mother Mary Ann. This was a hard blow.

ronni62
10-15-2014, 11:54 AM
Annie-Prayers going up.

And, to update...Jenna passed away on Friday. Her family is very sad, but also knows she is no longer in any pain and is with her Heavenly Father now. Please just lift them up in prayer for comfort and strength for a while now as they get used to her absence. Thank you so much. Prayers continue for you all.

bargoo
11-12-2014, 07:35 PM
Just updating, how is Jenna's family doing ? / I know this is tough for them to take but they have the assurance that she is in her Fatherly Arms where she is safe and secure. I pray for her family that they find peace and comfort.

ronni62
11-25-2014, 04:20 PM
Bargoo-Thank you for asking about Jenna's family. Sorry I haven't been here much to see it before now, though. The family is doing as well as can be expected. Jenna had been a writer/journaler and they are taking much comfort in reading all she had written and sharing with others.

How are you doing, yourself, Bargoo? I think about you and send up prayers very often. Hope you have a nice Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone else here, too!

Tabbycat
12-10-2014, 12:32 PM
My brother John died on Dec 1. Please pray for his mother Mary Ann.