Weight Loss Support - 300+ And Ready To Try Again.....#361

thinthinker
07-03-2003, 08:52 PM
God Bless America!

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

We chat at 8:30 PM EST, 7:30 PM CST on Wednesday and Saturday.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts.
We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

WELCOME

Grannie39074
07-03-2003, 09:41 PM
Ok where is everybody?

PheonixRising
07-03-2003, 09:48 PM
Hello All-How is everyone today? I have been doing okay, think maybe I'm coming down with a cold? Anyway, everyone have a good evening.

:df:

LuckyLadyBug
07-03-2003, 09:50 PM
Mary, when everyone heard I would be posting more they all ran!

I just read this and had to share. Any of you who love coffee will love it :
Sipping a cup of coffee 3 minutes before breakfast suppresses appetite by 35 % and boosts fat burning by 5 %. According to a study at Nashville's Vanderbilt University.

katrinabgood
07-03-2003, 10:44 PM
hmmmm...not sure about that one, Lucky......

Do you have any idea how much coffee I drink at night????

:chin:

PheonixRising
07-03-2003, 11:06 PM
Thin-do you think you can get away without the posting police coming to get you? Just because Sandy is out of town doesn't mean there is no one on patrol. :drill:

:lol:

Young Grasshopper
07-04-2003, 12:19 AM
Hiya Chickies!

Just popping in to wish everyone a Happy 4th! Three people went off to visit upstate so the house is empty - oh happy day! Shame, I know...but sometimes it's just nice to have the house to yourself. :)

Deb :strong:

2cute2Bfat
07-04-2003, 12:56 AM
Hi guys... I am back in town. My mom is doing pretty good... I think. She puts on a happy face for me... but my sister says she just sits and stares at wall all the time. I feel so helpless. She is confinded to bed and needs 24 hour care so there is no way I can move her in with me.

My food was really good today. :D
I did a lot of thinking while driving. I became so aware that "wishful thinking" will NOT get the job done. It takes ACTION on my part.

People who want to compete in athletic events can't just sit there and "wish" the could win. They have to get out there and work for it !!!
If I want to lose 10 pounds in the month of July I have to work for it !!!
I need to be dedicated to my food plan and I also need to get this body moving. If you want to win the GOLD... you have to GO FOR THE GOLD... ALL THE WAY !!!!!

That said.... I am going for 10 pounds in the month of July.
If I don't make it... it won't be because I didn't give it my all.
I am going to give it my BEST effort .... not just "wish" I could lose 10lbs.

Thanks for listening. I also had a good awakening about my dad too.
My dad lived to be 93 and he kept himself active all those years.
He did not sit at home "hoping" he would be still be active at age 93.
He got out there and walked the mall everyday... even when he was using a walker.
He refused to sit at home and get old.
He worked at staying young.
Even his last day... he got himself dressed and walked to the cafeteria.
If he could force himself to be active at 93 then I can force myself to be active at 52.
That means I have 41 more years to LIVE. Not just exist.
GET OUT THERE AND LIVE LADIES !!!!!

2cute2Bfat
07-04-2003, 03:10 AM
http://emoticons4u.informationalot.com/country/flag46.gif

Oooppss... I forgot to wish everyone a Happy Fourth of July !!!

http://emoticons4u.informationalot.com/country/flag48.jpg

Grannie39074
07-04-2003, 08:41 AM
HAPPY 4TH OF JULY

MichelleK
07-04-2003, 09:00 AM
HAPPY 4TH OF JULY !!!

Hey good catch on the patrol Amanda...now Thin...get your hiney back in here and post!

Lucky...sometimes I feel that way too...whenever I make a commitment to stay actively posting everyone else seems to go away! But...its not us..its just that time of year...everyone is so active and outside and stuff like that! The weather is good! So keep posting...I missed you when you were gone!

2Cute...your post was inspirational...and just think...if you lost that 10 lbs each month by this time next year that would be 120 lbs gone! Thats a significant amount...

Deb for some reason I can't stand it when I am in an empty house! I hate being alone! Don't know where that came from!!

Kat...Lucky's post said MORNING!!! LOL Maybe thats the trick! SO get yourself a day job and start sipping that coffee before breakfast!! I'm gonna try it!

Hi Mary! Hope you are enjoying your day!

Ok guys...now that I got those posts out...I have to tell you that John's dad passed away yesterday afternoon. Its what he wanted. HE was disabled for the past 14 years depending on everyone to help him up and down and do everything for him. He was a very active man prior to that. He was the Chief Inspector of the Philadelphia police department and lead quite an active life before having the stroke back then. He had a DNR order, he didn't want anything done to keep him alive...so now he is at peace. Two of his daughters were with him when he went. John seems to be ok...he knows his dad wasn't happy living like he was. I'm not sure that its actually hit him yet though. I guess on sunday when they all meet to make the arrangements then maybe it will! I just know that I will be here for him!!

Anyways...I hope you all have a safe and happy weekend and be sure to know that I will be checking in all weekend long so you all better get out here and POST!

TTFN Love you guys! Michelle

pjkdreamer
07-04-2003, 09:52 AM
Good Morning Ladies,

My name is Pam, and I posted my first PM yesterday, thanks 2cutetobefat! I appreciate the welcome and the support! Looks like it may take me a little while to navigate this message board,but I will learn! I began on June 5th and have lost 9lbs. I am at 347, and counting down! Feeling good and getting better nutrition than I have in a long time. IF EVER!! I was so malnourished and dehydrated. I even started walking short distances this passed Monday, I am getting there a baby step at a time. Would like to talk with anyone of you, and I say thanks in advance. my e-mail address is pjkdreamer43@aol.com, or you may reply to me here. Thanks again, and WE DESERVE IT!!:cool:

katrinabgood
07-04-2003, 10:31 AM
Happy Fourth of July!

Michelle...I'm sorry to hear about John's dad, but happy to know that he is at peace. Take care, honey.

2cute...Great post! I'm with you for 10 lbs in July! I've done a LOT of wishing lately and no work at all! [cue the "Rocky" theme here...) I'm ready to get back to business!

Deb... I know exactly how you feel! Some days I just LOVE having the house all to myself! I can do whatever I want, when ever I want! Enjoy!

Amanda... Now, it's all well and good, you being the "posting police" in Sandy's absence...but where the heck is YOUR post?

Lucky... Okay, my coffee is brewing...I'll give it a shot. I'm all for boosting fat burning.
And speaking of "burning fat," GEEZ! Did I burn my fat gut in the tanning bed! I did put sunscreen on, but since that flesh hasn't seen the light of day since, well... ever... I'm a little tender there today!

Mary...I'm here! What's new with you??

I was going to try to get back to the last thread to respond to everyone else, but my son has other plans for me...namely breakfast!

Have a great day everyone!

LuckyLadyBug
07-04-2003, 11:30 AM
Kat You must have been in the tanning bed too long. I have dark brown hair (well, naturally it is anyway) and tan very easily BUT I only go in for 6 min for the first two sessions. I then go 10 for a couple sessions and work my way up to 20 min a time. It takes me 10 sessions to get to 20 min. You should NEVER burn in a tanning bed. I have tanned for 15 years and only got red once due to a lack of communications with me and the person setting the minutes. That is why I started tanning because it eliminated burning. Now I only tan during May and June - my old skin can't take it anymore but I get eczema or something on my legs every Spring and tanning gets rid of it. I have a niece that has terrible psoriasis (sp) and her doctor even recommended tanning - that was a shock.

I wanted white but this is as close as I can get.

There was a terrible storm here last night and I have twigs, branches and downed trees all over my yard. I haven't really checked it all out yet because it is still raining. Those high winds always make me nervous. Dusty (my cat) was pretty worried too.

:lucky:

LuckyLadyBug
07-04-2003, 11:33 AM
From "love your body-flaws and all"

Your current weight is someone else's goal weight - no matter what the scale says!!

thinthinker
07-04-2003, 11:39 AM
Pam stuck this on the other thread so I'm bringing it over here:
Greetings

Took that walk, it's hot/humid! I live in the South. Athens Alabama to be exact..about 1 1/2 hrs north of Birmingham, and about 15 mins from the Tn. State line. 45 mins from Huntsville...anyone close??

My heighest weight on June 5th was 356lbs. On June 24th I weighed 348.8 and yesterday (July 3rd) I am at 347!! 9 lbs down! looking to reward myself with every 10lbs and take pictures to chart my progress. Also writing in a food diary every day, in addition started monitoring exercise/activity levels, and will also make a note on my emotions, to keep it in check. Any other helpful suggestions?

You can write me at pjkdreamer43@aol, or I will look for your reply on here

Thanks for listening! Stay strong. We can all do it! And we all DESERVE IT!!

Pam

thinthinker
07-04-2003, 11:51 AM
Hello, ladies! :wave:

Happy Fourth of July!

I hope you all have some wonderful plans for today. We are going to my in-laws. It's a "family tradition"! (can you hear Hank Jr. ?) Anyway, she has a wonderful pie shaped backyard that backs up on a city park and it's a great place for shooting off fireworks. The ariel ones are illegal here in MI, but someone in the family always drives down to Indiana or Ohio to get some boot-legged ones! :sssh:

I'm taking my own burger so that I can eat more of the other stuff that people bring. I'm making a bowl of Syn's Apple Salad to take and I made 4 pies last night too. 2 of the Strawberry Pies and 2 of the Snickers Pies. I tasted the "batter" for the Snickers Pie and YUM! :T I hope everyone likes their WW treats, that's all I can say. :lol:

Amanda: Ok, girlfriend, I thought I could get away with starting a thread and not posting just this once. Figured maybe no one was watching. Guess that's not the case, eh???

Mary: I'm here. Hope you're having a wonderful day. I'm sure the library is closed today. Are you doing something fun?

Lucky: I didn't run, just been busy. Tell us about your new job. What are you actually doing? You stopped posting just after you got it, so I don't think you said, or I don't remember anyway. :o I bet you're busy this time of year with all the summer work around the farm. Just remember to take time to smell the roses....or coffee for that matter. :) BTW, I noticed your stats. One more smidge and you'll be in Onederland! WooHoo for you!!!!!

Deb: Oh glorious day, having the house to yourself! :D I had mine to myself on Father's Day. I just slept late, enjoyed some reading and then went SHOPPING!!! I had a wonderful day.....much better than Mother's Day!!! :eek:

2cute: Glad you're back safe and your mom is holding her own. * What a rude awakening you had....discovering we have to actually WORK at getting this weight off! Oh My!!! :devil: I'm game to join in the 10 pound goal for July! I was down 5 in June without really trying so I'll WORK on it with you!!!

Michelle: I'm sorry to here about John's dad. Please give him my condolences. It sounds like he had a wonderful, dedicated life. It's so sad when such an active person has to go that way. It must have really gotten him down to be so handicapped for the last years of his life. [[[hugs]]]

Pam: Hi, sweetie, welcome to our humble corner. I hope you'll decide to stick around and post often. It is really helpful to your efforts and besides, all the girls here are a real inspiration and full of motivation. In no time you'll be "navigating" just like the rest of us.

Barb, Terri, Connie, Tina: Where are you guys??? Out having a good time on this wonderful holiday.....I hope!

I'm gonna run. I have color on my hair and it's long overdue for getting washed out. Hope my hair doesn't fall out now that the color's been on so long! :eek: Have a great day, my lovelies. I will see you all later.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one." - Elbert Hubbard

QueenB
07-04-2003, 12:44 PM
Ok....this will be short because I am working today :( and the phone lines are ringing off the wall! :yikes: I mean, my God...it's the frappin 4th of July. Get out....have fun. Have a cookout, spend time with your family! STOP CALLING ME AND ASKING ME STUPID QUESTIONS! (Sorry...notice I was "venting" here) :sorry:

I hope you all have a wonderful holiday today and please ignore the yelling above, I just felt like I needed to get in a good scream.

Also, a thank you to a special someone here who sent me the lovely card "10 reasons to know you're a Nascar Redneck". Sad part is, they all apply to me. In fact Thin, here is #6: (carboard cutout of favorite driver)

http://pic3.picturetrail.com/VOL22/552012/902004/14667107.jpg

And in response to #4, is there any other way to Talladega other than the back way? :lol:

You made my day girl..... You're the best!

Everyone else have a wonderful time and stay safe! :grouphug:

BarbPA
07-04-2003, 01:47 PM
Hi Gals!
I'm here!!! Finally getting a chance to pop in. When DH is hope I don't get much time on the Internet. Probably not a bad thing because I seem to keep myself moving a little more....which attributed to the 4.6 pounds I lost this week!!! I am so happy to have a good week! It will hopefully give me the motivation for many more good weeks!!!!

We just got back from the movies. We saw Legally Blonde 2 - very cute. I did indulge in a small popcorn, small soda and some mild duds. :o I enjoyed them but now it's onto better choices --- that was lunch - healthy huh? :no: Dinner will be some grilled chix and veggies! Much better! We want to get a new grill today - we may head out to Home Depot later on.

I'm please to say the monster of a dining room project I've been working on is almost done. I just need to pick out a new light fixture and some other accessories. Once it's completely done I'll share a picture! Speaking of decorating --- Tina, LOVE the #20 room!!!

Amanda - I hope you are feeling better today.

Lucky - I don't drink coffee - love the smell, hate the taste - but I usually have a cup of green tea in the morning. Hopefully that will have the same effect.

Deb - I know what you mean. I love having the house to myself once and a while.

2Cute - you are right on!! We all have to WORK at this! :sp: Set those goals - a little at a time adds up!

Michelle - I am sorry to hear about John's dad, but it sounds like it was peaceful and he was ready to go. Sending my thoughts and prayers your way.

Pam - HI! Welcome to our neck of the woods. I hope you will enjoy it here. This is the BEST bunch of ladies around! :) Congratulations on the 9 pound loss!

Kat - I do very much like Lucky mentioned - a little at a time. I usually start tanning about 3 weeks before any vacation we take - that way I don't get myself burned on vacation - learned that the hard way. I go to the stand up booths so they are much shorter times. The most you go in is 10 minutes. I usually start at 5 and work my way to 8. It gives me a good base after about 5-6 visits.

Thin - Sounds like you are going to have a FUN day - ENJOY!!! We are just hanging around the house. I asked hubby if he wanted to watch fireworks tonight --- His response "Sure, what channel?" What a ding-dong I married! ;)

Tina - Hoping your day is improving! :cool:

Mary - Hi There Gal - I'm around, just not as much on weekends! :)

Anyone else?? Sorry if I missed anyone!!!
I'll try to check in later today!
Barb
:D

HAPPY 4th of JULY!!!!

katrinabgood
07-04-2003, 02:07 PM
Thanks for the tanning info, oh knowledgable ones!

You would think that the person there (Malibu Barbie) would have shared some basic tips with me...I was in there for 12 minutes. The rest of me is okay...it's just the soft, white underbelly that's tender!

Gonna cut the grass now, then I think my son and I are off to the pool club...it's HOT out there!

PheonixRising
07-04-2003, 02:47 PM
First things first-
Happy 4th of July!!!

I'm sorry I didn't post a longer one yesterday, I was just moody and out of sorts. I think I imagined I was getting a cold, either that or I got rid of it yesterday. Anyway food hasn't been that good the last couple of days. It hasn't been aweful either, but it could stand improvement. :yes: I think I will join in on 2Cute's 10lb July challenge. :s: Let's all work our butts off, literally. :lol:

We don't have any real plans today. We have a couple of fireworks to set off, that will probably be about all. My hubby is working today with a friend, then he has a ton of lawns to mow this weekend. He starts his new job on Monday. It isn't the best pay, but it has benefits, it's steady, and he can still work his business while doing it. :)

Now to replies-

Lucky-Thanks for that coffee info. I think maybe I'll try that. I've never been a big coffee drinker, but I like that Gevalia coffee so maybe if I do that. Thanks for the quote on goal weights. :cool:

2Cute-Thanks for telling us about your dad staying active-it was very inspirational. What a wonderful memory to have! He is still teaching you even though he is gone.

Michelle-Sorry about John's dad. You and he are in my prayers.

Pam-Welcome!!! :wave: This is the best group of ladies you'll ever meet. Soon you won't know what you did without them. Don't worry about being new to the boards, we all were at some time.

Kat- :lol: Hopefully this post made up for my lack of a long post yesterday???

Thin- :lol: I was on when you started the new thread and waited a reasonable length of time before the posting police came out. Hope your hair didn't fall out. :fr: Sounds like you have a fun day planned. :D

Barb- Good job on the 4.6lbs. :dance: Sounds like the dining room project has been fun.

If I didn't reply to you I'm sorry!!! You didn't post on this thread yet. Hi to everyone who is awol. Hope your 4th is going well, hope to see you soon.

Terri in MO
07-04-2003, 03:21 PM
Happy 4th of July!!

Hello ladies!

Its nice to be off today. DH and I slept in - 8 am! That's late when you have to get up at 5:30 during the week. :lol: We made a trip to the grocery so DH can smoke some ribs in his new smoker. I sweated off a few pounds (it had to be 5 at least) giving the shrubs a haircut and weedeating the yard. :yikes: its hot. It sure did turn July awfully darn fast. The dog and I have been laid up down in the rec room enjoying the cool and naps this afternoon.

I need to get busy cleaning the house. Mom and sis will be here tomorrow for the day. All of us siblings (four) and our spouses will be gathering tomorrow night for our annual summer get-together. We'll be going to a local restaurant - the Marina Grog & Galley - and then back to our house for dessert. It will be fun.

Just time for a few replies:
2cute: That is hard about your mom. Especially when she's not close. My mom is 2 hours away and its been hard not being able to be there enough to help her adjust to dad being gone. Now DH's mom is alone too but she is at least closer and thankfully, wanted to live in an independent living high-rise. I'm with you on the 10 pound challenge. I want to get into the low 240's by 8/1. And it will take lots of hard work.

Barb - Congrats on your wonderful loss!! Yes, all the work on projects does burn the extra calories. Keep it up! :bravo:

Pam - Welcome to the group. :bravo: for your loss as well.

Thin - The desserts sound great. Have fun with the in-laws. I think we're pulling up lawn chairs in the front yard and watching the local stuff. Too much effort for DH to actually get out and go somewhere. :rolleyes:

Amanda - I'm glad to see that things are looking somewhat up for you. Hope you're feeling better.

Michelle - Sorry to hear about John's dad. Even though it was trully a blessing and what he wanted, it will be hard. :grouphug: for you and your family.

I must get moving now. Tina, Deb, Lucky, Kat, everyone else I might have missed......Have a great and safe 4th!

Grannie39074
07-04-2003, 04:34 PM
Happy 4th chicks
1st Michelle sorry about John's Dad

2nd Welcome Pam you'll love it here I live in Mississippi

3rd Thanks Thin for the card

I think that I pinched a nerve in my arm when I fell the 1st of June, it feels numb most of the time.
I think Peter is going through MENopause :D
he sure is grouchy lately.

Yes I am off today but have to work in the morning then I think we are going to a movie and out to eat.

Peter is smoking a pork roast on the grill with baked potatoes, slaw and baked beans. I bought a watermelon and have it in the cooler with some ice.

Starting Monday I am going to start over with my new way of life I know therte is no use trying to start now. I have picked up a couple of pounds lately and I can feel it.

Thanks to all of you for being here.

2cute2Bfat
07-04-2003, 05:44 PM
Hi guys... I am hiding out from my daughter.
We are working HARD outside getting ready for a garage sale tomorrow.
Tina... I agree with you ... I should be out having FUN !!!!
My daughter banned me from the computer. LOL
She said no one would be posting today ... boy was she wrong. :D

Michelle... I am sorry about Johns dad. I am at peace with my dad's death because I knew he was MORE than ready to go. My dad LOVED living .... but he did not love existing in that nursing home. I can just picture him sitting right on Wriggleys Field watching his beloved Cubs play baseball again now. :)

It is HOT here too. Temp near 100 but heat index 107-110.
Not fit for working outside getting ready for a garage sale. I don't expect many shoppers being a holiday weekend... but I have to start somewhere... we close on our new house in2 weeks!!! I still can't believe I am moving. I have lived in this house for 23 years. And boy does the CRAP I have show it. :o
OH OH !!!! She found me. :yikes:
I told her you NEEDED me. LOL

Okay.. sorry I have to run. I hope the rest of you are having FUN!!!

Young Grasshopper
07-04-2003, 06:28 PM
Hi Chickies!

Hmmmm, where to start? Loving having the house to myself today. Reading trashy novels, going in the pool, and doing WHATEVER I want. Guess it just me. Growing up in a large family the only place I could get privacy was in the bathroom....and even that wasn't always the case. LOL...guess the was TMI.

Pam: Welcome to the group! Good place to hang out, let loose, and usually have a good laugh. Loved that bathing suit post from the last thread...should go read it. Was pretty funny.

Michelle: So sorry to hear about John's dad. I pray not for the person that died, I know they're in a better place, but for those left behind...losing a parent is a shock. My prayers are with you.

Lucky: LOVE THAT LINE! Good way to stop feeling sorry for myself. Before I left grad school I went to the health clinic to get my file (I'd gone there for undergrad too). Saw my beginning weight nine years prior and it gave me a shock. It was about 90lbs less than I weigh now....and I remember, how at 18, I thought I was such a cow. Heck, if I weighed that now I'd do my lucky me dance naked! Think it's about loving yourself NOW, not looking ahead or beating yourself up about what was, what's the point of that?

2Cute: Feel like I should hum the theme to Mission Impossible while you hide out from you daughter. LOL. Hope you stay cool during your garage sale.

Barb: Great job on the loss!!!!!!

Having the rumblings of a full fledged panic attack. Got the invitation to my brother's fiancée's bridal shower. I'm supposed to do a reading at the wedding and right now I'd like to avoid it all together. You know the main problem........What am I going to wear?????? I know that it's going to be a pretty upscale wedding and I have no clue where I'll find a decent outfit. And yeah, having a full fledged....WWF Smackdown on my ego for not getting my butt in gear. Really hating myself right now.

Yesterday, while walking into a store I got a full view of myself. The camo clothes aren't working. At 6'2 I carry my weigh pretty well....if there is such a thing, but I saw myself and thought "yuck". If I really think about it...I admit I'm really embarrassed and I know that I've started "hiding" at home. What kind of life is that?

Okay, sorry to be such a downer on the 4th. I'm going to join 2Cute in her July challenge and start on Monday with Grannie. Heck, maybe I'll start right now. And you know how people set goals with there weight? Well, I'm not much for marathons but my dream is that once I hit a size 14 or 12 I'm going into NYC (I live close by) and going to a plus sized modeling agency. I'll never be a size 8 but I'd be over the moon as a 12.

Hope everyone enjoys their weekend and stays cool. I'm going to print off a new weight chart and do a cut in paste of all the inspirational/motivational lines I can find....going to keep it next to that chart. I might not be my ideal weight in October but I'll be damned if I'll be the weight I am now.

Deb :strong:
321.6 new start weight.....aka the line in the sand

PheonixRising
07-04-2003, 06:52 PM
I just had a really satisfying lunch that made me realize almost any food can be reduxed to be really low in fat. :yes: Every now and again I feel like having grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup. Today, I was in that mood. So I made my grilled cheese sandwich with 2t. lowfat margarine, a slice of 2% milk american cheese, and a little sliced tomatoe. :T I made it on a grainy sunflower millet bread. My whole sandwich plus 1 c. Campbell's tomatoe soup made with fat free milk came to about 270 cals, and 8 g. of fat. I feel very full and pleased that I managed to satisfy my craving without going off program.

BarbPA
07-04-2003, 08:44 PM
Hi Again -
Just stopped back in for a minute to say hello! :) We just finished grilling out on our new grill - chicken, corn and veggies. Yummy. We bought a little coconut cake for dessert. So, today I fell off of my healthy routine, but first thing tomorrow it's back to it!! I also gave myself today off from exercising, but I'm back to that tomorrow as well!!!

I think I am going to veg out on the couch and watch some tv. I finished up Harry Potter today, so now I have to find another good book to read.

Have a super evening! Catch you tomorrow!

Barb :D

LuckyLadyBug
07-04-2003, 09:29 PM
Quote:"I am at peace with my dad's death because I knew he was MORE than ready to go.

My maternal grandmother died at 92 and was the same way. In fact, she kept SAYING she was ready to die for about 10 years prior to her death. That's when I want to die - when I am MORE than ready.

Tell your daughter to come in here and see !!! We do need you. She can at least give you a couple 15 minute breaks so you can say Hi!!!!! :wave:

LuckyLadyBug
07-04-2003, 09:34 PM
Deb, Quote:and I remember, how at 18, I thought I was such a cow.

That statement sure hits home with me. I thought I was a "cow"/"pig", too big to be loved and I weighed 125lbs....I wore an 8....I look at pictures now and what was I thinking?

The really sad thing is I always saw myself as I am now. :cry: :eek:

katrinabgood
07-04-2003, 10:54 PM
That's the story of my life...
The really sad thing is I always saw myself as I am now

2cute2Bfat
07-04-2003, 11:53 PM
STOP !!! DO NOT POST HERE !!!!
Come on over to the next thread.... # 362
See you there !!!! :wave: