30-Somethings - 200's and counting down...

View Full Version : 200's and counting down...

Skinnygirldreams
11-19-2013, 03:26 PM
So I didn't see a thread for those of us in the 200/'s and thought I'd start one. I need some help staying motivated and people to talk to who are going through the same thing I am. I am coming back to the forum after too long of a break.

A little background on me... I'm 31 and my job is mostly sedentary. I'm a secretary at a hospital. I live with my boyfriend of a year and a half. I was doing great working out with a personal trainer twice a week calorie counting and then.... BAM... back to my bad habits. Started with my vacation to Mexico in August... then went to visit my brother in Virginia in September.. then came home and ended up doing physical therapy because my neck and back are kind of a mess....

I am recommitted and motivated. My boyfriend and I have been ring shopping, and I really want to look great when we do get engaged and have our pictures done and for when we get married. I also really just want to be HEALTHY!

Let's DO this!

skinnyki
11-19-2013, 04:42 PM
Congratulations on the engagement exciting times! My significant other and I have been looking at rings as well so I can understand ur excitement. !! I too am looking for support to vet out of these 290s I'm on the other side of the scale but I just wanted to say congrats!! Wish u all the best!

Nae1985
11-19-2013, 05:46 PM
Hi, for a while I have been struggling with weight issues and can't seem to stay motivated so I know the feeling. Im looking for motivation as we speak to continue my journey. Good luck with your progression.

:)

MandeLea
11-19-2013, 08:43 PM
I've been kicking around in the 280's for what seems like forever. Each week I get close to breaking it, even hitting 280, but then I find myself making choices and choosing not to realize what impact it will have on my weigh-in, and bam, there I am. My decisions around food are definitely affecting my weight loss.

I've recently gotten back into tracking my calories, and I leave my food diary open to the public to help keep me accountable, but unfortunately don't have many people to look at it, so it feels like there isn't much of a risk. I've also been working with my FitBit, wearing it every day, so that I can identify where I'm doing well, and where I can stand for improvement.

Any other FitBit'rs out there?

Skinnygirldreams: Welcome back! Re-starting late is always better than never :).

skinnyki: I'm also on the opposite side of the scale, and looking to break the 280's. I've been there for months! I know what I have to do... Now to actually do it :) (i.e. baked sweets is a real trigger for me). I'm excited to have common goals!

Nae1985: I would second that, all the support we can get is much appreciated :).

Skinnygirldreams
11-30-2013, 10:54 AM
Hey Ladies!
Thanks for commenting!
Skinnyki- looking at rings is fuuuuuun! lol Sean actually bought mine... now it is just the waiting game of when he will ask. We are kind of waiting for my brother to ask his gf of 5 years too cuz he bought the ring last week. It's taking him so long to make that step that we don't want to do anything to make him step back from asking her. We have been talking about getting married next winter. (bonus is that will give me plenty of time to drop some lbs!)

Nae1985- We can motivate each other! We got this. :)

MandeLea- I just started my calorie counter back up. Today is day 1. I use myfitnesspal. I'm going to start back with my personal trainer I'm thinking next week. It's too late to schedule for this week. She's pretty booked cuz of the holiday.
My plan is this week to just watch my intake. I'm at work today so I'm going to hit the salad bar for lunch. Dinner tonight is chicken, broccoli, and brown rice.

noshoes
01-12-2014, 03:43 AM
Over 200 and obese. Need some support and encouragement.

Skinnygirldreams
01-12-2014, 09:48 AM
Noshoes: I think a lot of us can relate. :( Keep you head up and feet going! We can do what ever we put our mind to! What kind of plan are you implementing to help you on your journey? I'm a calorie counter myself. I also am starting the T25 videos, and doing a 30 squat/push up challenge :)

noshoes
01-12-2014, 06:18 PM
Thank you!
I am walking most days, c25k at least once a week, strength training some days (squats and push ups and planks mostly). Diet is a big element, I am eating more fruit, green smoothies and less processed food.

spunkystar01
01-17-2014, 09:05 PM
Hi everyone :)

I had a starting weight of 259, and managed to get down to 218 before getting pregnant. I had my son 18 months ago and am just now getting back into the swing of healthy diet and exercise :/.

Currently I am 249. I'd like to pick up where I left off before having a baby and start getting fit again!

irinaelenav
01-18-2014, 03:51 PM
hello there i am back(if anyone remembers me) trying to gwet the motivation to restart the diet. i have a hard time at work due to lack of time( at home to cook and at work to stop and eat right) to eat like i should. cause i dont have time i grab some bread and eat it like in 2 second and go back to work. help. hihi good luck to all that are doing the diet. trying to start.

Paulitens
01-29-2014, 08:48 PM
Congrats on the engagement! I was wondering the same thing -- where IS the 200s thread? Insane.

Anyhow, I'm on the same boat weight-wise. I started last week at 209, I'm down to 204-ish and I want to say buh-bye to the 200s. Ugh. I hate them with a passion. But patience and hard work will get me there. Patience, mostly. I'm not very patient with this kind of thing.

Skinnygirldreams
02-01-2014, 01:03 PM
Hey Ladies!
So, I have tried to behave this last week. I dont think I've been doing too horrible. lol I dropped 3 lbs since the last time I weighed in. ( not too much considering it was a about 3 1/2 weeks since I weighed last, buuuuut it's a lower number so I'll take it! lol) 209 now.
Tried to be smart today...
Oatmeal for breakfast
packed a lunch for work: mason jar salad with greek yogurt blue cheese dressing (lower cal and delicious!) and a cup of Turkey chili.
For snacks I packed a yogurt and a cottage cheese so what ever I'm feeling like eating I'll pick.
Dinner tonight is going to be Salmon, Brown Rice, and a cucumber salad. :)

Spunky- Congrats on the baby! Lets kick the 200's butt!

Irina- Welcome Back :) We can do this!

Paulie- Thank you :) You wont be here for long! You'll be in the 190's before you know it!

Paulitens
02-04-2014, 10:23 AM
I didn't struggle much last week because I'm not a football fan and neither is my husband, so we didn't have any tempting Superbowl food around the house, hehe! It was awesome.

Funny that you mention I won't be here for long! Yesterday was my weight in and I weight 200. Then I took a shower and got ready to take my weekly picture and double checked my weight, and it was 199.4! Then I wanted to make sure (I know, crazy, I should have ran with that weight LOL), and it was 199.6. Upset that it was not always the same number, I checked a gazillion other times and it was always 200. Either my scale is running out of batteries or... who knows. So hopefully next week I will be out of the 200 club and back to Onederland. :)

Skinnygirldreams
02-10-2014, 11:28 AM
Thats awesome Paulitens! Bummer you wont ve around this group anymore (for me) lol But fantastic for you!

npotyonek
02-10-2014, 07:45 PM
Hi everyone. Im also in the 200's. Sucks! But we are doing something about it! Last week I weighed in 219.4 getting me out of the 220's. I was very happy but I'm nervous I will have a gain this week as I haven't had one in about 6 weeks! Looking forward to getting to know you all.

npotyonek
02-12-2014, 12:07 PM
Well as I suspected, I gained 1.8 this week. I ate out 3 times and went fat kid with them all! Also had more wine than normal. Plus some snacking I did not record. It had been 6 weeks since my last gain. So here's to my only gain for another 6 weeks and a series of loses to come. I did WW back in 2005 and had a pattern of gains every 4-6 weeks as well. Im ready for a butt kicking week!

Skinnygirldreams
02-12-2014, 02:46 PM
Welcome npotyonek! congrats on the weigh in moving you outta the 220's! I really need to get my butt in gear... my sister is getting married in 3 months on the beach of key west... I would love to lose 25 lbs by then... we shall see!

npotyonek
02-13-2014, 09:13 AM
You can do it skinnygirldreams! stay focused! What plan are you following? Oh and thank you!
Natalie

Skinnygirldreams
02-18-2014, 11:46 AM
I'm pretty much calorie counting and trying to practice moderation/ healthy choices. :) I'm going to start back at the gym on thursday. Today and tomorrow it wont happen since I work 7a-730 pm.

jendiet
02-19-2014, 12:04 AM
hey there another postpartum 200s girl. I am 34 and had my 3rd 2 months ago. My SO and I are on the verge of splitting up, and I need support too. My main motivation is myself. I want to look good to myself.

I am glad to see you started a thread we can come gather in.

I also have a habit of binging when I am upset, and that is terrible for weight loss--so having an out is a nice thing too.

I am NOT good about keeping up with posts, so no one get offended. The ones I did catch were.

skinnygirl: congrats on the engagements!

noshoes: we are in this together.

irina--I REMEMBER you.

npo: just hit a mental reset and keep going.

npotyonek
02-19-2014, 09:02 AM
Welcome back Jendiet. Thanks for the kick in the butt! Its exactly what I need after weigh in this morning......gained .2 lbs. I know its not much but I do not need this to become a trend! I have not had 2 gains back to back since getting back on ww. Its been 15 weeks. I think Ive gotten too relaxed and need to get the scale back out along with the measuring cups. Time to tighten up and follow 100%. I need a 3 lbs loss! Summer is coming!

How are the rest of you ladies doing this week?
Nat

jendiet
02-19-2014, 10:30 AM
well, I started off today right. I did not sleep though. I got about 4 hours between the baby and my own insomnia.

I finally stopped trying to go back to sleep at 7 am. Went for a walk up and down some steep hills for about 20 minutes, then I did some light exercises, lunges, squats, counter push ups, and a 20 second modified plank.

good and good. So I was supposed to make a shake today for breakfast.

Laying in bed I got hungrier and hungrier. the combination of the workout + walk--made me starving for protein.

So instead I had about 3 eggs, 2 sausages, pepperjack cheese, turnip greens, 1/2 glass milk.

I figure I should just change direction..and do lower carb today. So I am going to shoot for a maximum of 100 NET carbs. I switch up my diet routine often...years of experience has taught me this is effective. One approach that worked well for me...and ended up helping me get pregnant inadvertently...was high carb, low carb days.

npo, my scale is like a roller coaster for me, and it is just me because my toddler weighs daily--he likes to do it with mommy--I gain and lose 2-3 lbs a day. although since I cut wheat out it has been more steady--unless I eat chinese food. which has some wheat in the sauces.

Skinnygirldreams
02-19-2014, 12:08 PM
Jen- Congrats on the good start to the day. Welcome to the group!

Sooooo my work is going to start a biggest loser competition. the goal is to lose bmi. wish me luck! I wanna win :p

Tomorrow my boyfriend is going to sign up at my gym. Hopefully this will get us both back modivated. He likes to do 5k's and did his first half marathon 2012 summer. i'd love to be able to do a 5k, but don't know that running is ever in my future due to my plantar fascitis.... I walked one last year.

Side note.... I can't wait for summer to start bike riding! These last two days it has been upper 30's lower 40's .....It feels like a heat wave after all the polar vortex weather Illinois has had!

jendiet
02-19-2014, 07:00 PM
Skinny girl thanks. Yay on the gym membership. I can't run due to my feet either but I have a pink seven speed cruiser I hook my 2 year olds wagon up to and ride around.

Today was 75! So pretty. Got out the double stroller and braved that hill. Down was a little scary at first...I kept checking on the baby...up was terrible! But I made it... And I feel good. A little nauseated from the headache I got today...

Low carb makes me feel a little sick to my stomached and the coffee didn't help either.

jendiet
02-23-2014, 02:30 AM
Seriously? I was hoping our group would interact more. After two 12 hr night shifts and my cheat day was yesterday night cuz a coworker ordered pizza. I feel out of sorts with my eating. I took to he hills literally this afternoon and got a workout but my eating is all over the place.

Skinnygirldreams
02-23-2014, 09:17 AM
Hey Jen. Sorry for the lack of response! I've been sooo busy with work and school :( I've also had my nephew that last 4 days. I also work 12 hour shifts, but I do day shifts.

75 degrees.... man I'm so jealous! I'm longing to the for above 50 consitstantly!

jendiet
02-23-2014, 08:01 PM
Skinny--you do have your hands full..sorry. Yeah we had another 70 degree day today. I went shopping for about 4 hours though--tired from that.

npotyonek
02-25-2014, 01:05 PM
Hey girls! I had a long weekend and my DH was out of town! I caught up with a few friends...did alittle shopping and cleaned the crap out if my house! Oh i also walked my dog 2 times because the weather finally broke into the 40's & 50's. BUT its snowing again today! Im praying for a loss tomorrow! Please please please get let me get back under 220! Its been 2 months now....I caught a glimps 2 weigh ins ago then back up! If Im not back down.... Im in for along road! Fingers crossed y'all! no wine for me tonight and adding a nice salad to leftover homemade pizza!

xRiotGirl
02-25-2014, 01:42 PM
Oooohhh congrats on the engagement! Love is such a wonderful thing! :cloud9:

Anyway, I haven't seen Onederland since I was 18, and I miss it. About a year ago I got thiiiis close to making it - down to 205, in fact - and then I made the dumb decision to 'take a break' over the holidays. That break costed me 12 months and 15 pounds. So I came back here about a month ago, back to square one, and I need to break the barrier this time. If only to prove to myself that I can. P.S. Successful so far! 6 pounds down, and looking to lose more :p

npotyonek
02-26-2014, 07:50 AM
Very dissapointed! I gained .6 lbs. That 3 weeks of straight gains! Headed to the grocery store this morning to pick up some stuff. I guess I need to switch out some lean quisines to salads. DH wants salads too so Im going gormet. You know strawberries, apples, crumble cheese, lean protein and olive oil & vinegar! I feel like ever since I stocked up on the lean qusines for lunch I have not lost. Or am I getting too relaxed? Im soooooo bummed! Any suggestions? This is not a platau... Im only down 12 lbs with 45 to go.

noshoes
02-27-2014, 05:58 PM
Under 200, didn't think it would happen so soon. I have lost a lot this month due to eating vegan. I was losing before especially when I gave up processed food but eating vegan is so much better for me. I think my body loves holding onto fat so eating very little has made a difference.

Sorry for not being supportive. I know how much I appreciate it. I do read the posts but cannot keep up. I am trying to visit this forum at least a few times a month.

xRiotGirl
02-27-2014, 07:08 PM
Weigh in day is tomorrow...I'm afraid to know. I went over my calorie budget yesterday and haven't had a sip of water in 2 days (I'm fighting a cold, and I don't know if it's just me but water when I'm sick is seriously like the worst feeling/taste ever). I'm sure there will be some water retention to pay, bleh!

npotyonek
02-28-2014, 11:51 AM
Noshoes.... Thats fantastic! How exciting! Thats motivates me even more to get on the salad train! How many calories or points do you all spend on a salad? What do you like in your salads? Personally...I LOVE crumbled cheese. Strawberries instead of tomatoes and a lean protien!

Skinnygirldreams
02-28-2014, 12:40 PM
Noshoes - Congrats :)
Riot- Welcome :) We got this!
npotyonek- have you tried the greek yougurt type salad dressing? The Opi has blue cheese and ceasar salad dressing are delicious!

Jen- whew! spent the week working, and taking care of my nephew. I also had a friend move in with her 2 kids this last week. Paaaaaacked house!

Skinnygirldreams
03-01-2014, 09:01 PM
I though maybe we could share some of our favorite recipes...

I made this tonight and it was delicious! http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/08/chicken-rollatini-stuffed-with-zucchini.html

I love this website. I don't think there has be a recipe I haven't liked yet. Personally I calorie count but it has all the facts listed including new and old WW points.

npotyonek
03-03-2014, 11:35 AM
Skinny.....these recipies look sooo good! My DH does most of the dinner cooking so I have to either get him to try one or I take on the cooking for that day. The stuffed chicken looks really good. I usually stuff mine with green giant creamed spinach... Yummy!

GoneNatural
03-03-2014, 03:28 PM
Hi we'll I'm not in the 200s anymore but you can make it. I'm striving to get out the 90s. I just made a mini goal!

Skinnygirldreams
03-03-2014, 07:48 PM
Way to go natural! Nopotyonek- it was ... Try the avocado black bean cucumber salad one if you like those things it's amazing!

npotyonek
03-04-2014, 01:33 PM
I think i messed up my chance to see a negative this week! Grrrr. started out fresh hot McD' s fries that a coworker brought for us all to have some. I think i might have ate half the large. Then After a sensible dinner I finished off the bottle of wine sitting on the counter. Followed by allowing my DH to give me hummus & begal chips! I have one day a week I go crazy and I was so close to getting through the week on track! On a positive note.....my pants have been feeling looser than last week. I have not had a loss in 3 weeks...really need one! stupid fries!

npotyonek
03-05-2014, 07:37 AM
Im so excited!!! I finally got my first loss in a month. I am 3 lbs less chubby! Lol! that gets me below 220! Im here to stay as I have some catching up to do! The salads are going well. Skinny I have not tried the yogurt dressings because I grew up on olive oil & vinegar so I dont really care for the heavy dressing. I like kens vinegar based dressings.

laylee580
03-05-2014, 08:51 AM
Well it's really nice to see a group for the 200's. I've been struggling to get under 250 for the past seven years. The closest I've gotten was 258 back in 2007 when I was doing nutrisystem. I had to stop nutrisystem first because of money and then secondly because of all the soy. I have thyroid disease (hashimoto's, hypothyroidism, and nodules) and had to have my entire thyroid removed back in 2010 due to a cancer scare with the nodule. I started WW July of 2012 and was able to get from 289.2 down to 267 by October. Unfortunately I've been back and forth, losing and gaining, losing and gaining all over 2013. I know this is mostly because of the holidays and a car accident that left me injured. But I'm healthy and starting over because I want to do whatever I can to be healthy and try to look my best for my wedding at the end of April. This time I started at 288 in January and I'm down to 276.5. So that is 11.5 lbs in two months. My fiance is also trying to loose because this is his first time being overweight in his life as a result from poor eating and not being able to work out from the accident. We've joined planet fitness and started off good but the past three weeks with all the snow and below freezing temps have really stunted us.

I'm scared that I will never ever get out of these high 200's ever again but I'm trying as hard as I can. How do we stay motivated? The past week has been a real struggle I have to admit. Eating out and wine/cocktails make it so hard. I went over 29 points last week but at least I still lost weight I guess. I don't know how that happened. I want to be healthy and I want to loose weight but at this point I can't ever imagine how I would make it work with less points. I'd have to work out hours a day. I'm the primary wage earner and as I look at my future and wanting to have a baby in the next year I just don't know how I'm going to do it all :(

Any words of encouragement and pieces of advice other than "it will all work itself out" would be much appreciated.

npotyonek
03-05-2014, 07:31 PM
Welcome laylee!
Congrats on your success so far and congrats on your upcoming wedding. Is it this year or next year? What WW program are you following? Im on the flex point program. I feel like I go over just about every week and Im averaging .75 lbs loss per week. You can do this! One day at a time right? I think many people do well setting small goals and getting rewards. but not in the form of food. For instance, I hit one this morning.....no longer in the 220's. Another goal is to have a fruit or veggi every time I eat....including snacks. So far so good today. lol. I wonder if wine counts as grapes?
Natalie

laylee580
03-06-2014, 08:52 AM
Thanks Natalie.

My wedding is officially in seven weeks! Ugh I can't believe it and I have so many little details left to work out. So I'm just trying to keep it together and get through the rest of the planning process so I can just enjoy my day.

I'm following the points plus system with WW. It is basically the only thing that has ever consistently worked and fit with my lifestyle. We went to the gym for the first night in over a week last night and I'm feeling the pain today but at least I knocked out an hour of cardio :) When I really think about it I think my short term goal right now has to be getting under 250 lbs. I haven't been there probably in over ten years and I haven't been able to get there in my weight loss journey over the past 7 years. So only 16.5 lbs to go. It be awesome if I could do that by the wedding but that would be 2.4 lbs a week and I think that is a pretty lofty goal but I'd be happy to be in the high 250s by then.

I agree that small goals are important but I think my real hurdle is not letting life side track me four months in so that I loose all my progress. Four months this time around would be right around the time of my wedding and the following week is my birthday. It would be awesome if wine counted as grapes ;) Congratulations on getting out of the 220s! I can't even imagine being in the 220s so that is quite a feat! What was the reward you gave yourself this morning? I just got to keep my eye on the prize I guess.

Thanks for the words of encouragement.

Leslie

npotyonek
03-06-2014, 12:56 PM
Hi lesli! I think if you saty on track you could get darn close to your goal. I think it kind of depends on how you loose weight. I think you mentioned you had thiroid issues. which will be your pain in the backside. I have chronic fatigue syndrom so I get it! But just take it one week at a time and dont beat yourself up for being human and having bad days. Food is a pleasure and you dont want to be a bridezilla cause you havent had anything enjoyable in weeks. Do your best to stay on track each day, use your weeklies and when your big day comes you will be looking as beautiful as ever! Not only will your figure show it, but your skin will glow from making smart choices and all the wateryour drinking!
I reward myself with 10.00 each week I do not gain. Then after a few weeks I go shopping for something new. Last trip I got 8 new pairs of panties and threw out the old, ugly stretched out ones! even if I stay the same I get paid because maintaining is just as important. I cant afford meeting so if I can stay on track without an eagles eye, I deserve to geta reward! Im saving for a new pair of jeans as I can almost pull mine off over my hips buttoned & zipped! What a feeling!
Natalie

beachgirlDC
03-06-2014, 02:22 PM
Hi, I'm in a biweekly nutrition, fitness, weight loss group which I'm glad to have found. However, they do not have a Cognitive component to the program, and so sabotaging thoughts that get in the way of our doing what we know we "should" do don't get uncovered and responded to. I'm looking for support from people who are actively using the CBT (Cognitive Behavioral Therapy) based approach of Judith Beck's two books: The Beck Diet Solution and/or Beck Diet for Life. When I googled Beck Diet and Support, this 3 Fat Chicks site came up. I have never posted on a blog, etc., so please forgive me if I don't get the lingo right just yet. Basically I am looking for support, insight and tips from people who are consistently implementing the cognitive approach (e.g. making the flashcards with the Advantages, Responses to Sabotaging Thoughts, Memory cards for how it felt when you practiced a skill and had a positive outcome, etc.

Hope to hear from some Beck CBT girls (or guys) soon.

In the meantime, all the best of the best for each of you as you follow your own path! And here's to giving yourself credit and celebrating the "little" successes :carrot:

jendiet
03-07-2014, 10:24 PM
Well this thread is slow moving but so is my weight loss--been bouncing around the 210s and getting tired of them! I haven't been 100 percent on plan though but I feel I'm still making progress.

npotyonek
03-08-2014, 04:01 PM
Making Italian Wedding Soup for dinner tonight. Figured it was a great healthy meal to wrap up the winter! It hit the 50's today but the sun will be going down along with the temperature. Im really getting hungry from smelling it for the last 4 hours! We usually get about 3 meals out of a big pot so hopefully that will keep my points low all weekend. Looking forward to a glass of wine as well! Hope ya'all are having a great weekend!
Natalie

jendiet
03-09-2014, 04:41 AM
Mmmm... Soup. Supposed to kick start weight loss too. Well I have found myself drowning in projects. They are stressing me out but I need to complete them one at a time.

I was so busy today and got my car cleaned out. I was a sweaty mess most of the day but I saw my previous 210. That inspires me to work harder which always means a gain---that will eventually go away but a gain is hard to take this early!

laylee580
03-10-2014, 10:50 AM
Jen. Congrats on getting to 210. I've also been slow going and not completely on plan on the weekends. Weekend events are what kill me. I know I went over this weekend and only got one workout in last week :( and I woke up this morning with a sore throat feeling thoroughly exhausted. So I have to do whatever I can to stay on track and beat this cold into submission. Everyone in my team at work has been sick over the past month so I knew it was just a matter of time. Then this weekend I have to travel to PA for my wedding shower and somehow I don't see myself staying on track with the shower. I have to weigh in this morning and I'm worried that I will have messed up my loss from last week :( But I just tell myself every Monday is a fresh start to keep things going. Wish me luck.

laylee580
03-10-2014, 11:49 AM
Well I weighed in and had a 0.7 lb loss. So I'm counting that as a win and a lesson learned on what I could've lost if I went to the gym more and didn't go over all weekend. There is one good thing though, I lost a point on WW so that means I'm doing well!

npotyonek
03-11-2014, 05:14 PM
Tomorrow is weigh in day. I pigged out yesterday and didnt track all my meals this weekend. However I had healthy stuff. Soup on sat, venison french dip on sunday and 1/2 a steak yesterday. Lunches were god too...salads left over soup. Hopefully I didnt screw up a loss!

npotyonek
03-12-2014, 09:28 AM
Well 2.2 lb gain! Really mad at myself. So new goal. Stay within my point ranges until Easter when I go home to visit my family and brand new Niece! I need to be down enough for people to notice. I also want to be an inspiration for my sister to get back to weight watchers because Im scared for her health. We can do this together.

Desper8lyseekinskiny
03-12-2014, 08:53 PM
Hi I have been a member of the 200 club for 19 years. There has been a brief period where I lived in onederworld but I blew it. Now it's time to work this 200+ Body into onederworld again. Now if I could find my intrinsic motivation I would be on my way. I have been on b shots and diet pills for a bit and have just gained weight (go figure) so now it's time to go old school. Hope to be in onederworld by 2015. What programs are y'all using?

jendiet
03-12-2014, 10:44 PM
npo--I hope the 2 lbs don't stick. You have alot of stress, make sure you drink water to fight the water retention stress can cause.
seeking--you can do it. I am trying to find what works for me, for now the only having shakes for breakfast and lunch and TRYING not to snack works for me. I am also trying to avoid wheat and gluten.
laylee--sore throats are the worse.

well, gang I am committed to working out, I got another project done, but I am still working on the dog kennel. It's a little harder to work out without the tv to mindlessly watch while I do it, but I just have to stay motivated.

i love walking outside and I have this mini stepper thing that I am going to try while my 2 year old is playing out doors. It's either that or load them up in the stroller and go for a walk.

trying to stick to my goals of 3, 15 min cardio sessions and 3 resistance sessions. I make time for EVERYONE. my kids come first, surely I can carve out some time for me to do something to help me get healthy.

right now, my baby is screaming--he's fed, changed, just wants me--so I feel guilty even typing right now...but I know I need this!

laylee580
03-13-2014, 08:36 AM
npo - just get back on track and forget about last week. what works for me is when I don't punish myself for gains but look at the new week for a new start.

Desper8lyseekinskiny - WW has really been the only thing that helps me long term because it really is a lifestyle change with real food. I think I do well with it because nothing is a gimmick, I'm not eating prepackaged diet food but making good choices with my own food. Plus the app is amazing on my phone, it makes checking myself at any point really simple so I can make informed decisions.

jen - I'm glad to hear that you're on track with your workouts but you are right your kids come first. You do what you have to do to be a good mom and happy.

Today is the last day of my work week and I just can't wait for it to be over. I feel like I just can't stand my co-workers this week and I could really use a vacation. Unfortunately there is no rest this weekend as I head home for my "surprise" bridal shower and have to deal with both our crazy mothers who think they are getting married! Ugh wish me luck.

circa83
03-13-2014, 11:22 AM
My mini goal was to be out of the 200s by July but my ultimate goal is to not be overweight for once in my life. It seems like my body wants to go back to 220 and stay there for a while whether I'm in the process of losing or gaining.
My goal for the end of March was 212 and this morning I was 212.8. Sunday morning I was 216.4 and I have been eating a homemade brownie with ice cream every day so I dunno how I lost that much in less than a week. Some weeks I can lose 2 lbs and some weeks I might not lose any. I'm still working on a strategy and figuring out what my body will handle. I exercise 5 days a week and I eat mostly veggies and protein. When I eat something sweet I try to exercise afterwards and avoid any other high carb foods that day.

npotyonek
03-16-2014, 09:35 AM
Laylee...how was your surprise shower? What an exciting time.

Circa. Congrats on getting to your mimi goal. Even if you fluxuate within a few pounds of your ultimate number. And remember there are 2 more weeks left to get that number to stabalize.

Jen, I too hope this 2 lbs takes a hike this week. i almost feel like I should just look at my weight as220 since I keep bouncing back and forth between 219 and 221.

Im very happy with my week so far. I have been eating lots of fruits & veggis. I still have 5 flex points left till wed. I usually have used them all and then some by sunday. Im trying to divide those points up more evenly rather than having a crazy over the top night like im at a special event or something. Weather still cant make up its mind so exersize is spuratic. All I want to do is get outside and start my gardening!

Hope you ladies had a great weekend.
Nat

Desper8lyseekinskiny
03-17-2014, 12:41 PM
Thanks ladies
I am too lazy for we lol I did the Mediterranean diet for 3 years and lost 90 pounds but am very discouraged because I was able to gain 55 back just as quick :mad: I have been slacking on the exercise and I know mentally and physically I need to for my health. I weighed in Friday and had gained a pound :?: this week is going to be majorly stressful because I have a comp exam Saturday and a midterm tonight so this week will be called studypalooza lol
Have an awesome and successful week future oneworlders

jendiet
03-17-2014, 02:34 PM
circa, congratulations on meeting the mini goal.

npo, I take the lowest number on the scale and call it! I love gardening too.

Desper8-maintaining is a huge part of this thing. Hang in there. Hope your studying pays off.

I am under ALOT of stress. Nobody seems to understand. I have no one to talk to. My relationship is just there after 9 years.--and I wonder when it will come to the breaking point, but I hope to God that we will receive some breakthrough. Basically, he wants to end it all because I promised God I would name my son Seth, and I did. He's pissed off now. I tried to name our first boy Seth, and he threatened to leave me then--but then we made a deal I could name our next son Seth. So 2 weeks before the baby is born--he breaks the deal. "I want to name him Kenneth".

Well, Ok? So much for compromise and making promises with me? I feel numb most of the time. I have a 3 month old, a 2 year old, and he sucks as a dad, because his focus is on the baby's name and he can't see the forest for the trees. I keep hoping he will wake up and realize the GOOD things he has!

plus my teenager is putting me through alot of stress doing things he shouldn't do.

my focus is on my health (fat loss) and on keeping up the house and keeping my job. (stress there too). I keep trying to reach out to my partner but he rejects everything I do, if there is no name change. I don't want to break my promise, because my Faith is a HUGE part of me. But I don't want him to be miserable. I honestly don't know what to do? If he really was a loser, I would leave him. But he is a decent hard working man and CAN be a good dad.

But at least I can report I did hit my mini goal of 209. Now if I could just steadily see that number, I would be happy.

Desper8lyseekinskiny
03-17-2014, 03:21 PM
Congrats Jendiet on meeting your mini goal. Wow I'm sorry you are in relationship helll. You are in between a rock and a hard place. Have you discussed the reasoning behind him hating that name and how significant that is to him? Is that name a reminder of something emotionally scarring? Have you told him the significance that name has for you? If not I would suggest that conversation. Your promise to God is between you and god so I would talk with God too. Is this truly the core problem in your relationship or is it compromise and trust that's the problem?Ultimately, if a compromise can not be made then you will have to make a hard decision.
These are the things that popped in my head while reading your post hopefully I did offend that's not my intention

Have a better day

jendiet
03-19-2014, 02:33 AM
Desper8: yes we have talked about it.

He hates that years before we got back together I prayed and received the baby's name--Seth--in prayer.

Mainly because I've been wrong about things in prayer before and he's scared of me making the same mistakes I'm sure.

He doesn't want that to be part of our lives because of the last outcome. He tells me I'm not rational or logical. But my prayer was basically if we had a baby together--his name would be Seth. We weren't even really talking at the time of the prayer. So logic is "if p then q" so since p happened q has to follow. I feel I am thanking God. He feels I'm acting crazy.

there are deeper issues. He's afraid I'll do crazy things due to my prayer life, he's stressed because of the teenager.

He was really upset I named our first Seth and he was so angry , he says the name Seth reminds him of how upset I made him; but that's circular logic to me because we made a deal I could name the next one Seth and he's mad he "had" to make that deal with me.

npotyonek
03-19-2014, 08:48 AM
Jendiet, wow. I'm sorry you have to go through this. Maybe try keeping some of your faith a little toned down. Like don't discuss it as much. I'm not saying its fair or even rational because I think its a beautiful thing to be proud and share your faith, but he seem's to get freaked out by it. It's like the scientology thing...people go off the deep end. I have to be honest, the treat of leaving would only make me angry. I will send a prayer your way that this all settles down and you get to keep that wonderfully strong name and that daddy will get back to just loving his family. Sometimes all you have to say is...just love me, love us. That like a slap to the face that your being a pain in the you know what! Chin up girlie, you will get through this.

Weigh in this morning was a success. -3 lbs. That is proof that I was going way over my extra points. So back on track and good by 220's for good!

have a lovely day everyone.

Skinnygirldreams
03-19-2014, 09:33 AM
Hey ladies!

It's been a while since I have been on. My life has been CaaaaRaaaaazzzzy!
I had a friend and her 2 kids move in with my boyfriend and I because she had nowhere else to go. Soooo stressful. I love my friend and her kids, but dear lord her Daughter! She is 3, and is having horrible tempertantrums. :(

I am also in school while working my 12 hour days. So Ive been really busy with that. Plus side... getting an A in geometry. Major accomplishment! ( I almost failed it like 15 yrs ago in high school) My other class.... not so much lol.

Ive spent all my free time studying and working :(

I went to the doctor yesterday and we talked about getting me pregnant. So hopefully! If I'm not pregnant by June then we will do testing. Keeping my fingers crossed!

jendiet
03-19-2014, 11:30 AM
Yes npo I agree. Well congrats on the -3!

Skinny: wow I don't envy you. The transition from 2 to 3 is so hard on little ones they are becoming aware they are little humans with likes and dislikes apart from their parents and the pull to be independent and dependent is so scary to them. This time usually calls for them to give up "baby" things and do big kid things like potty train.

School is hard enough on somebody throw a three year old in and wow. you are a great friend! Just try to maintain

Skinnygirldreams
03-19-2014, 05:59 PM
Thanks Jen. It's a little nuts lol not gonna lie. I have a nephew who is 5 that I help my sister with him all the time since the day he was born. We joke I have joint custody. I swear though that he was the easiest toddler ever! He never threw temper tantrums, he always uses manners, he's over all just an easy going kid.
I'm hoping that she will sooner rather than later settle into a routine so that she can maybe get use to it, but honestly... They aren't going to live here too long.

carabelle11
03-22-2014, 01:56 PM
I am also in the 200s. I went up to 229 during pregnancy and lost about 30 pounds so far. Still feel like I have a LOOONG way to go. I get discouraged alot, but looking forward to sharing with you all.

jendiet
03-23-2014, 03:08 AM
Hello cara, we are kind of in the same boat except you lost more than me. How old is your baby?

Npo- some kids are just easier: personality shows up early. Seth is my easiest baby so far. Just more calm.

Skinnygirldreams
03-24-2014, 09:12 AM
So I went to the doctor last tuesday because my boyfriend and I are trying to have a baby. She gave me a list of things i should start doing/taking/eating. She also told me that I need to lose about 10 lbs... ok. 10 lbs. nooooot tooooooo bad. So I'm trying to do that already lol. She told me give it 3 months and if I'm not pregnant by june then to come back and we will start doing testing. We have been trying on and off for the last year. So hopefully if I'm not pregnant by june then I'll at least get answers.

npotyonek
03-27-2014, 01:06 PM
Weigh in yesterday was not what I wanted but.....it was only a 0.2 gain. I have been jumping up and down by 3 lbs for the last month so I am happy with it as I am holding on to my last goal. Staying under 220. I would like to be at 208 by Easter. Realistically though....I dont loose weight that fast. Why 208? That was my wedding weight. Not what I had hopped for at that time either....but its done and I have to get over it!

Hope y`all are having a great week.

TheScriptFan
03-30-2014, 05:23 PM
Hello everyone...I am new here and am just about to start a healthy eating plan with a focus on getting out of the 200's. Would be lovely to have a little group together to motivate each other :) tracking exercise, meal plans, tips and support! Anyone with me? Summers coming!!!

ghost
03-30-2014, 07:47 PM
I had no idea there was a 200's thread in here, I had convinced myself that everyone in their 30's were thinner then me ;) lol!

I'm 34, for a few more weeks and trying to get down to goal #1 of 180 this year.

Just read this whole thread and glad to have found it.

npotyonek
04-04-2014, 07:58 AM
Welcome scriptfan & ghost! Im down for trcking and keeping eachother motivated! Its been a slow moving thread and I also am looking to share this journey!
Im down another pound as of wed. Im really glad to be seeing more consistant negatives as last month I battled the same 3 lbs. I went for a fast walk on tuesday night so I would have enough points to enjoy the bottle of wine my hubby got me. And yesterday I did yard work. I dug up some flat rocks my coworker wants gone and broght them home. Im creating a dry stack boarder around the flower beds. I managed to smash the same finger twice! Oh I went fat kid on wed. I pigged out and didnt count a single point! It felt weird to just eat what I wanted!

Skinnygirldreams
04-05-2014, 01:35 PM
Welcome! Sorry I've been absent! Between school and work it's been nuts :( the weather has had a couple decent days here so I've been walking the dogs. Yesterday I have t25 a go. Holy cow... Even the modified version had me outta breath!

ghost
04-06-2014, 11:24 PM
I'm enjoying my first lazy Sunday in months, yesterday was my first day off in 76 days, so I went out with friends because I have 7 days off in a row and whoa...a few drinks and I was puking my guts out. I'm too old for partying, lol! But, dehydration and the end of shark week made me feel thinner,I didn't weigh myself though. I do that on Wednesdays.

npotyonek
04-08-2014, 07:25 AM
I love a lazy sunday after a fun night out. We worked out tushies off in the yard this sunday. I had 2 pieces of french toast and 3 slices of bacon at about 9:30. Worked in the yard till 3:00 then hubby and i jumped on the HD for a ride down to one of our favorite watering holes. I ate a huge 1/2 lb burger with everything on it and could have kept on going! I was starving!

ghost
04-08-2014, 07:06 PM
Wow, a burger sounds delicious! So does a ride on the back of a hog.

Still trying to be lazy, but getting some housework done today. Rearranged some furniture, did some laundry, and cooked some turnips for lunch. Now the dog is napping and I'm wasting time on the internetz. Hope you all are having a good week!

Skinnygirldreams
04-13-2014, 07:27 PM
So Yesterday my boyfriend and I went to the Chicago White Sox game. We lost :( Buuuuuuuuuuuuuut it was a BEAUTIFUL day to sit outside and watch a baseball game! Back to 40 degree weather tomorrow. :(

Work today... Monday is study day because I have to take my geometry test tomorrow, and I have biology class tuesday and get to do a test then too :(

here is to hopefully getting free time that is actually free time this week! lol

I hope you all had a great weekend!

Skinnygirldreams
04-23-2014, 01:46 PM
I'm so excited! I just got engaged on Monday. :) it was the best day ever! We went to lunch with my mom then down to the riverwalk where he proposed. Then we went up to Chicago to watch the Blackhawks play off game (I'm a huge fan) we were in the background during the airing of the pre-game show, Sean bought us each a new jersey and the Blackhawks won! It was the best day ever!

Racheal.B
04-27-2014, 12:10 PM
Congrats on your engagement. Just found the site. Currently 190 and want to be to my normal 120lbs.. Here to a good going.xx Congrats

Skinnygirldreams
04-27-2014, 01:02 PM
Thanks Racheal :) You can do this! Welcome aboard :)

npotyonek
04-30-2014, 09:18 AM
Congrats Skinny! Sounds like a fantastic day for an engagement!! Enjoy it! cause the wedding planning is CraZY! lol!
I've been MIA this month...Went home to visit my family and meet my new Niece Easter weekend. Now I'm home sick again. I wanted to be 10 lbs less when I went to visit but that did not happen! Anyway, I'm back down to my lowest point and setting a new goal to get under 215 in the next 3 weeks. I have to stay focused. I've been at this since Halloween and am getting a little too relaxed, not measuring, counting or flat out saying... I don't care, I'm ganna eat it or crack! lol! Summer is coming ladies....so are the short sleaves and shorts! Time for me to push hard!

SkylarLeeDixon
04-30-2014, 10:24 AM
Hi!

Im new to the forum and Im 222lb since yesterday when I hit the scale! Ive lost 24 so far since I started, I know I can do better but the little changes I have been noticing are great for my confidence and motivation!

I had this pair of cute jeans my mom got me for x-mas, she got the biggest size they had but I gave it back to her so she could trade it for something she could wear, they were never gonna fit me but she kept them until last month when she told me I should try them on again.

They still wouldnt fit, they went almost all the way up that time but still not enough so I felt very discouraged, so I kept them in my closet until last night when I was looking for something to wear today at work I found them and I can proudly say today that Im at my office wearing them now!

They fit great! they are still size 20 but oh man! I feel like Im queen of the world! those are the little things that keep me going.

Oh and I noticed some guys checking my *** as I was walking by... I used to fear they were noticing how big and ugly it was but for the look on their faces that wasnt the case.

That's not something that motivates me but today it was just the icing on the cake! =D

Hope you all feel as wonderful as I do now! Im still a big girl but Im making changes for the better and couldnt be happier! =D

Skinnygirldreams
05-02-2014, 10:48 AM
Thanks Nopotyonek! It's super exciting :) I need to be more accountable myself with measuring. It's my goal.
Sean and I decided to do a cruise in September. So my goal is to be down 20 lbs by then. It's only 4 lbs a months since I'll have 5 months before we leave. Its a completely realistic goal with makes me want to work at it. If I lose more, that'd be awesome too! lol

Skylar- welcome! Congrats on your NSV of fitting into those pants! Everyone loves when the get the good kind of attention :) I wouldn't mind a guy checking out my butt since I'd work hard to make it look good. Much better than them staring at my tata's cuz they are large and in charge lol.

SkylarLeeDixon
05-02-2014, 02:23 PM
Hahahaha thanks for the welcome! I get lots of attention for my girls cause they are BIIIIG! so I cover them a lot but being a big girl and specially in the summer I have to wear some kind of cleveage, which sucks xD

kkoontz916
05-06-2014, 04:45 PM
Hi everyone! I am new here, so here is a little bit of information on me. I have always had a problem with being overweight. When I was in the 6th grade, I remember having to wear adult size large clothes because the girl's clothes never fit me. I was diagnosed with PCOS at the age of 14 and panic disorder at 19. The highest weight I've recorded was 233 in 2011. I have been hovering around 220 for the last year. I am tired of feeling uncomfortable in my own skin and I'm ready to see this through. I am looking to lose at least 50 lbs but more importantly, I want to feel better and have more energy.

Skinnygirldreams
05-07-2014, 01:27 PM
Welcome Kkoontz :) We can all get there with a lot of commitment and effort

squishysquirrel
05-19-2014, 11:02 AM
Well, it's been 3 years since I've been on this site p, and I'm back! I just had a baby last month, and I'm looking to lose the baby weight plus more just because I'm not comfortable with my size plus my husband says I need to lose the weight before we attempt to have our third child. My challenge will be sticking to healthy foods (we love to eat!) as well as balancing between work, taking care of 2 children under 2, and finding time to exercise. This site helped me lose a lot of weight in previous years, and I'm hoping to have success again!

squishysquirrel
05-25-2014, 09:52 AM
So I decided to make Sunday my official weigh-in (Saturday is my dedicated rest day). I did approximately 30-45 minutes of light cardio this week, made sure I ate at least 3 times a day and healthier food, plus I dropped pop. I lost almost 7 pounds! I know it's mostly lost of water, but that's ok. Onederland isn't that far away now!

MamaChelsey
05-25-2014, 12:11 PM
I would love to lose this weight I have! What are some things you guys do to help lose it? Would love some ideas.

jendiet
05-25-2014, 06:02 PM
hey all just checking in and letting you know I am getting REALLY close to ONEDERLAND. I am just eating healthier as of now, because I haven't stuck to an exercise regimen just yet, but I know I want to tone as I lose, so that is a major goal for me. I have so much junk going on, I am actually doing breathing exercises to lower my cortisol levels too.

squishysquirrel
05-25-2014, 08:41 PM
I'm mainly just eating healthier, doing Turbo Jam, and rewarding myself with non-food awards at the end of the week, but in haven't been doing this long. I bought breathable socks this week.

Skinnygirldreams
05-26-2014, 09:14 AM
Hey everyone! I'm back. I spent the weekend before last in Key West, Fl for my sister's wedding, came home and have been siiiiiiiiiick. Finally feelin better. Thank god! I'm so glad it is finally nice here in illinois. I plan on doing a lot of walking and bike riding. My fiance and I are doing a 5k next weekend, and another next month. We will just be walking them since I can't run due to bad feet from the military. Happy Memorial day everyone!

SunnyMac
06-03-2014, 01:48 PM
HELLO!!!!!

So I'm over 30 and in the 200s - this seems like a good thread for me to join in on! A little bit about me....I'm 33 and just joined back up yesterday. I was on 3FC many years ago (2006 ish?) and I got just to about the 200 mark with onederland in sight and was derailed by what turned into a bad relationship. My whole landscape has changed since then....but I have never successfully gotten back on track. I have gained back every single pound and have been hovering between 240-250 for what is now...years. Carbs and booze are my big problems.

Alcohol has played a huge role in my life and weight problem since high school really so I am tackling 2 problems at once my weight and my drinking - but really it's all connected because the goal is a long term healthy fit lifestyle. I guess you could say I had a 're-awakening' on Sunday night (also posted in the intro section). In recap it was spring closet cleaning day which I'm terrified of because I have to try on clothes i haven't seen all winter so in order to get through it I drank an entire box of wine (yes you heard me, a box, for the math, that is about 4 bottles, I admit it) which led to a big embarrassing drunk blow out with my boyfriend and brought me to the hard decision day and I chose my health and life.

Today is day 1 back on my healthy eating plan and is day 2 with no alcohol. (FYI since I know it will come up I will not be going to AA because of personal conflicts with the religious aspects of that program however if it looks like I need additional support kicking the booze I intend on working with my doctor and perhaps a private program to help). So far I'm doing ok and I'm feeling really good and motivated today. I am counting calories (and am actually counting them) committing to a healthy low carb organic food plan, work with a trainer once a week (which I have been doing since last fall), will actually DO my fitness homework outside of our session, wearing my Up band to make sure I'm moving enough during the day and getting enough sleep and water and I'm not touching a drop of alcohol. My BF and I (rounding 4 years, own a house, no kids, 1 cat) are also committed together to working on our relationship to make sure that any root problems we have are worked out as a part of this process for me.

Ok sorry that was long - I'm long winded sometimes. I'm looking forward to 'meeting' you all! I'm also around on the 100lb board too (at 5'5" and 247 I've got 100lbs to lose)

realgoodthing
06-03-2014, 07:36 PM
Hi guys!!!

I'm new here - 31 and 209 lbs. A little bit of my history: I was a SUPER skinny kid (insane metabolism and naturally underweight until high school), which meant I didn't learn much about how to eat healthfully as a kid. My weight crept up in high school, college, and for a few years after, until, at 24, I joined WeightWatchers and went from 179 to 145. Then, of course, I went off plan and over five years, my weight crept up and up and up (funny how that happens).

I've never been good about working out, but over the past year, I've gotten really into Pilates and have gotten on a great workout schedule (reformer Pilates 2-3x/week, barre 1-2x/week, and cardio 1-2x/week). I know Pilates isn't the most effective for weight loss, but I love it and I can feel myself getting stronger, which is more important to me than losing quickly. The scale hasn't budged much over this year, because I haven't changed my diet. Now, I finally feel ready to change my diet and lose the weight for good. I went back to WeightWatchers today (WW with meetings is the only thing that's worked for me) and I'm psyched to get started! Hi all!!!!

Skinnygirldreams
06-06-2014, 11:03 AM
welcome ladies! Sunny- It seems like you are very determined! Best wishes on your journey!
Realgoodthing- you and I seem to be on the same path lol. We are at about the same weight/ height working towards the same goal. We got this :) I have never done pilates but it would i have wanted to try it. I am going to start working with a personal trainer hopefully next week. Right now, I started working out. Yesterday my fiance and I broke out our bikes for the first time this season, and rode 10 miles! It felt awesome :)

I don't know how much working out I will get done this weekend, because I am working 7a-730p today, tomorrow and sunday and have an hour commute to work each way. I'll try and get some activity in, and just watch what I eat.

Madison81
06-21-2014, 11:38 PM
Looks there haven't been many people posting on this thread in the past couple of weeks. I'm currently at 218, and my first "mini-goal" is to get to 199. How is everyone doing???

ghost
06-22-2014, 03:33 PM
I'm back from a long vacation and back to working 12 hour shifts 7 days a week until October. I actually do better weight loss wise with those crazy hours because I am able to be stricter on plan. No deviation from my schedule for unplanned activities or unstructured time like vacations. I gained during my vacation though, too much junk food and too much drinking. I should jump on the booze free bandwagon! I totally could drink a bottle or two of wine in one day if I was cleaning out my closet too.

My plan for this "season" is walking the dog daily for at least 20 minutes, religiously wearing my body bugg and tracking my intake, and eating calorie controlled keto. Last "season" was three months of this and I lost 22 lbs (gained back 10), so if I can lose 30 that would get me out of the 200 with solid footing in onederland.

Seana
06-22-2014, 05:46 PM
Hi. I've dabbled a bit, but I guess I should just out myself.
So I just joined weight watchers as I have the the 250 mark.
Plus my husband and I had a fight on our 8th anniversary...I want him to quit smoking and he wants me to lose weight. (And just to be fair he wants me to lose weight because he's afraid it will be hurting my health not because I would look better. Although I would. )
It's really a struggle. I work in the schools so I have the summer months off. The Plus is less stress (I definitely want to eat when I am stressed.) The negative is more unstructured time (I eat when I am bored.)
Anyway I am on Day 4 of WW. I have never tried it before. In addition I've signed up for a seminar on weight loss surgery. I really don't know where all this is going to lead. But I know I can't do this by myself.

Madison81
06-23-2014, 02:09 AM
I was 40 lbs lighter when I met the man who is now my fiance. He says he loves me no matter what my weight is...of course. But, he says he does want me to live a long and healthy life. He has also mentioned that he would love to see me get my confidence back. One of my most significant goals is when I get to the weight I was at when we met.

sonickel77
06-23-2014, 10:59 PM
I'm new in this section, 37 and now down to 207.9 lb (was 220 back in May). I'm making a career change and the new job requires physical fitness, mobility and slenderness.

Madison81
06-24-2014, 02:53 PM
Way to go on the progress!!

MamaChelsey
07-06-2014, 11:55 AM
Since February I have lost 13 pounds. (Though I must admit, the months inbetween I had given up hope because I wasn't losing anything really.) I started out at 252 and am now at 239. It is progress and such hard work to even lose that. I want to lose 40 pounds and then some more.! but I just want to get to onederland it has been two years since I have been there.

Skinnygirldreams
07-07-2014, 09:47 AM
Hey ladies, it's been a few weeks since I've posted. I've just been crazy busy! My sister had her baby, so I am the proud new Auntie of another nephew :) I also bought a camping trailer with my husband (yep... I got married! court house wedding, my wedding ceremony is in September in Aruba) We had a wicked storm last week that knocked out power in our house for 2 days.
This weekend we had a suprise baby shower on Saturday for my sister and brother in law, and it turned out their was a surprise bridal shower for me yesterday. What a great weekend!

Weight wise I've lost 6 lbs in the last few weeks. Go me! lol
Hope everyone had a great holiday!!

hippiefemme
07-20-2014, 07:09 PM
Hi everyone! I'm 27 and at just over 217. I started at 235lb. My first mini-goal was to get under 220, and now I'm looking to get under 200.

How is everyone doing?

NoleGirl00
07-21-2014, 01:02 PM
I have lost weight twice and was within 5lbs of my goal. I kept it off for at least a year and half both time before gaining it all back. I'm hoping third times the charm! My biggest problem area seems to be stress/emotional eating. Does anyone else have this problem? Have you been able to fix the issue and how?:^:

Janel83
08-07-2014, 10:59 AM
Hey ladies, I'm not new to the boards but its been a long time. Im in the 30s now! when I joined I was probably about 27. I struggle with infertility and I had to have a surgery a few years ago and ended up losing so much weight and now its back. I keep getting stuck between 200-205. Im 31, 5'8 and I need to get it together. Im not a fan of the scale but I'll get used to it in order to track my progress..I have no idea where to start in terms of workout. I want to weight train as well but im so lost. What do you ladies do??

sweetaddict4real
08-11-2014, 06:45 PM
Hey, I feel ya Janel83 ( was born in 83 as well). Im currently 235 and I have a 5 yr old son and he is soo loney. do not want him to suffer with the only child syndrome. Girl, my OBGYN was like youre not getting preg because you may have PCOS, and you are dancing around being diabetic and I have high prolactin levels... Honey I need help and I joined because I NEED support. My hubby is built and 6'1 and muscles and all, but he is no female I need a woman to woman to help me mentally with this stuff we go through. Its like after I had my son, I never lost the dame weight. my goal is 150-160. But 230 My gawd. I need to do somethign fast, quick and in a hurry.

jendiet
08-21-2014, 03:38 AM
Hey all. I have been hanging out in onederland but in the 190s still. I am kind of battling depression because of my failed long term relationship (only thing left to do is move out) plus I'm taking care of 3 kids two small and one gifted but troubled teenager pretty much as a single mother and I am lonely.its easy to turn to chocolate for solace. I edited this because I shouldn't speak out of anger. Anyways I'm happy to have one foot in onederland!

jendiet
08-21-2014, 04:09 AM
I have lost weight twice and was within 5lbs of my goal. I kept it off for at least a year and half both time before gaining it all back. I'm hoping third times the charm! My biggest problem area seems to be stress/emotional eating. Does anyone else have this problem? Have you been able to fix the issue and how?:^:

This is deffo my problem and I am just now trying saffron before I up my exercise routine plan on walking 2 miles everyday. I have good days and bad days emotionally. I always have stress or sadness but some days I deal better. I feel your pain though.

jendiet
08-21-2014, 04:13 AM
I'm new in this section, 37 and now down to 207.9 lb (was 220 back in May). I'm making a career change and the new job requires physical fitness, mobility and slenderness.

Good for you what is your new job

justhischristine
09-01-2014, 02:17 PM
Hi everyone.

I'm new to 3fcd and new to this medium of support. I'm hoping this will be a positive step on my way to reaching and maintaining my fitness goals. And make a few friends along the way.

A little about me: I'm 37 and am hovering around 203#. I haven't been this heavy in almost eight years. I have three kids, all teenagers. You would think that not working and having kids in school all day would motivate me to get to the gym. It did not...until now.

At my heaviest, I weighed just over 250#. At my most fit, I weighed close to 140#. I have been everything in between but never this close to that 250# again.

I'm working out, changed my eating habits, portion control, and trying to find support. I'm currently doing the Shaun T. Focus T25. I tried Insanity and found it too difficult for me to just dive into. Focus T25 is nice because they offer modifications in the video and man am I still sweating. I'm also supplementing with a 20-30 min light workout at the gym with my husband or kids.

Where I need help is staying motivated to keep getting up at 6 AM. To keep pushing myself.

bludolphin
09-02-2014, 01:15 PM
I'm in the 290s and have been since jan, sometimes slip back to the 300's but I wasn't "dieting". After a few days of feeling off, I went to the doc and I'm diabetic. I was always dancing around pre-diabetic and never taking responsibility for it. After the scare of being in the 500 range, I am changing, not because I want to but because I need to, or I'm just killing myself. Today is my day one, that I am focusing mostly on what goes into my mouth. I'm using myfitnesspal to track my food. in a couple of weeks I will start to add in exercise but I need to keep my focus on food right now. I am an emotional eater.