Closed Thread

Old 11-18-2013, 06:58 AM   #1  

Arrow IP Daily Chat Monday 11/18/2013

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 11-18-2013, 08:00 AM   #2  
Restart IP 10/19/2013

S/C/G: 195/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

I love how IP works! Down 4 more lbs. woohoo! It's a great day!!!
Old 11-18-2013, 09:18 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 259.2/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Tough weekend. Went to visit a friend who knew I was on IP. I didn't expect her to go out of her way for me or anything (I usually bring all my own stuff anyway). She talked about going to the farmers market so we had stuff to cook with. We planned on cooking rather than going out. We were making a big soup and I told her I couldn't have beans. She went ahead and threw a bunch of beans into the soup which just complicated it for me. I felt like I was hungry the whole weekend because she was baking and eating chips and salsa in front of me! She's one of my best friends and I know she's not doing it to spite me or anything but I guess it just gets me down. She kept saying "when you're finished with your diet, we'll have to do this...or that"

I know we all have supporters and non-supporters and it's just tough to be around someone who isn't necessarily helping or cheering you on. I'm just glad to be home with my cousin who supports me 100%. We had a big birthday celebration in the family last night and it was nice to show up and have IP chicken and our own salad on the side while everyone else chowed down. Excited to see what happens this week and the rest of my Christmas challenge!
Old 11-18-2013, 09:40 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 210/174/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ems70508 View Post
Tough weekend. Went to visit a friend who knew I was on IP. I didn't expect her to go out of her way for me or anything (I usually bring all my own stuff anyway). She talked about going to the farmers market so we had stuff to cook with. We planned on cooking rather than going out. We were making a big soup and I told her I couldn't have beans. She went ahead and threw a bunch of beans into the soup which just complicated it for me. I felt like I was hungry the whole weekend because she was baking and eating chips and salsa in front of me! She's one of my best friends and I know she's not doing it to spite me or anything but I guess it just gets me down. She kept saying "when you're finished with your diet, we'll have to do this...or that"

I know we all have supporters and non-supporters and it's just tough to be around someone who isn't necessarily helping or cheering you on. I'm just glad to be home with my cousin who supports me 100%. We had a big birthday celebration in the family last night and it was nice to show up and have IP chicken and our own salad on the side while everyone else chowed down. Excited to see what happens this week and the rest of my Christmas challenge!
How frustrating! I agree, it's easier to be around people who support you than people who are disregarding your feedback (especially regarding beans, gosh!). I was out Friday night and left because I felt like I was getting undue pressure to drink. The whole thing made me just want to go home!

I don't know how upset you are with your friend but next time you hang out you might want to say something to the effect of "Last time we cooked together the soup we made didn't work for my diet. This diet is really important to me and I'd appreciate it if today we could please cook X since it's delicious and works for me." That's basically what I'm saying any time something comes up.

I'm so glad your cousin is supportive of you. My boyfriend is the same-- we had chili the other day and he was really supportive of me cooking beans on the side for him.
Old 11-18-2013, 10:05 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 258/242/135

Hi all! This is my first post here but I've been lurking for a while. I first tried IP about a year and half ago and was on it for about a month. I lost about 20 lbs, but life got complicated around that time and I couldn't afford the cost or the added stress. I managed to keep most of the weight off and have now returned to the diet (started Oct 30) but using alternatives this time to keep the cost down. Back then and now, I have found a lot of helpful advice from this forum and even just reading everyone's posts gives me encouragement to keep going. I notice quite a few of the people that were around here when I was last on the diet have now met their goal and phased off. I'm hoping this time I can do the same. It's only been about 3 weeks so far, but this time seems easier than last, though I can probably attribute that to life having settled down for me a bit. In any event, I'm hoping that with it feeling easier, I'll be able to stick with it this time.

Quote:
Tough weekend. Went to visit a friend who knew I was on IP. I didn't expect her to go out of her way for me or anything (I usually bring all my own stuff anyway). She talked about going to the farmers market so we had stuff to cook with.
ems70508, I notice that we are in the same area. I never knew that there was a farmer's market around here. Where and when is it? Also, this is a bit random but I hoped you might know or have some suggestion - I tried a lot of veggies the last time I was on the diet to see what I liked, but I've never tried kohlrabi. I saw a few people mention it on the boards and I've been looking for it to try and haven't been successful. Besides the regular grocery stores, I've tried Fresh Pickins, Fresh Market, and Rouses. Have you had it and, if so, where did you find it? Or do you have any suggestions on who else might have it? Thanks for any help you can give!

Good luck all!
Old 11-18-2013, 10:12 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 223/184/150

Height: 5'4.5"

[QUOTE=ems70508;4885454]Tough weekend. Went to visit a friend who knew I was on IP. I didn't expect her to go out of her way for me or anything (I usually bring all my own stuff anyway).
/QUOTE]

I've had that experience too, so now no matter where I go I bring my own food or stop and pick up grilled Chicken salads at McDonalds and arrive with it. McDonalds are everywhere and easy to pick up. I bring a few cucumbers and use those for my vegetables, they are easy to bring and just need to cut them up. It's gotten me through many visits with well meaning family and friends. My motivation is I don't want to take any chances to bring back the cravings/hunger which trigger my overeating.
Old 11-18-2013, 10:19 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 275/239/175

Height: 5'2"

Just starting week 5 and I am feeling my energy level go up. I am finally getting into the habit of cooking for my husband and I with IP appropriate food and not just cooking for myself.
Old 11-18-2013, 10:54 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 224.4/219.0/150

Height: 5 ft 4

Quote:

Sometimes people don't really want us to suceed in a diet. They like being smaller then un, and if we become smaller then them it changes the balance of the friendship in their eyes. Even some men worry their wives will leave them after they lose all their weight. Maybe she doesnt know how to react to you starting to look so good. Just know inside that your helping your health so much, and slowly maybe your friend will adapt more to your way of eatting. We grew up so long thinking parties and festivities were always based on food or booze. Even by Christmas time you will be in smaller clothes and look so dam good girl, all the nice compliments will make you feel good inside. We have to be patient with friends and family they have some changes to make as well as we change our way of life in a better way.,
Old 11-18-2013, 10:57 AM   #9  
restart 5/27/14

S/C/G: 197.4/161.6/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:

It's so frustrating when people don't support you. I have people tease me with food and tell me how yummy it is while chowing down. I told my boyfriend that it was cruel so he stopped. I explained it to him like this. Pretend you are an alcoholic and going through rehab and all you friends are drinking in front of you and taunting you. Oh, you can have a non alcoholic drink but, it won't satisfy your desire to get buzzed.
Old 11-18-2013, 11:02 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 259.2/ticker/160

yespositively, that's a great phrase to use with people. I may have to start using it...people are so used to cheating 'just a little' and the diet still works-they just don't understand how IP is different! and May1954, that's my motivation too...I just don't want to ruin what I've got going!

Mcvay79, wow we are close by! I was actually in Houston for the weekend and we went by the farmers market in River Oaks. BUT we have tons in Lafayette!

The Horse Farm on Johnston is good. It' just getting started so it's really popular but I have noticed the farmers are not prepared for the crowds that the Horse Farm brings quite yet. Plus since it's artists and farmers, they have a huge crowd/hard to park/etc.
http://www.marketatthehorsefarm.com/

I recommend Hub City Farmers Market which is in the Oil Center across the street from Champagnes. It's on Saturdays. Gotreaux Family Farms has insanely wonderful produce that usually has a line out from under their tent. Good stuff. They bring A LOT. If they don't have what you're looking for, ask. They bring different stuff every week depending on what is ripe at their place.
http://lafayettehubcitymarket.com/site/

There's also Freetown Farmers Market. They are open on Sundays and Wednesdays, which is nice! This is much smaller so don't bank on them having what you need for the week. This place has soaps, breads, and jams as well.
http://www.freetownmarket.com/

Then there is Acadiana Farmers Market which is AWESOME. You'll meet some cajun men that you will not be able to understand. They are open on Tuesdays and Saturdays. This one has been around for a longggggg time and is very under the radar. If I go, it's at 5:30 AM because all the good stuff is gone by 7!
http://www.localharvest.org/acadiana...s-market-M2297

I have never seen kohlrabi or tried it. I wouldn't bother with Fresh Pickins. They advertise local and fresh but really most of their produce is shipped in from other states. It's like Target produce but outside and open air...makes you feel like your supporting our local farmers. Last time I asked what was local and organic and they said ONE type of lettuce. What a shame.

Go to Rouses and speak to the manager. I did that about Jicama, they said it'll take about a month for them to source and bring in, but they'd do it. Since you're in Crowley, you may just want to call but it's worth a shot!
Old 11-18-2013, 12:27 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 258/242/135

Quote:
Mcvay79, wow we are close by! I was actually in Houston for the weekend and we went by the farmers market in River Oaks. BUT we have tons in Lafayette!
Thanks for all the info! I haven't lived around Lafayette for that long (I'm from the Baton Rouge area) so I didn't realize there were so many. And, frankly, I wouldn't have really thought about going to a farmer's market before IP. I was actually at Rouses yesterday and talked with one of the produce guys (about okra) but didn't think to bring up something that's not normally carried. I'll be back in Lafayette on Wednesday for a work meeting so I may go by and check then. Thanks so much for all the help!
Old 11-18-2013, 12:37 PM   #12  
IP -9/15/13 @goal 1/18/14

S/C/G: 184.4/157 /137

Height: 5'4

I posted this on the Augusters forum - anybody got any idea about water in water-based veggies? I leave for a 2 week vacation next Sunday, to South America so getting about nervous about the veggies. I thought I had a plan to bring my own water purification tablets to purify water and wash my own lettuce, cucumbers and celery but people are telling me that it won't prevent me from getting ill cause veggies with lots of water in them - like lettuce - will have the bacteria IN the plants as well. Which just seems stupid to me but several people have said it - anybody know anything about this?
Old 11-18-2013, 01:42 PM   #13  
support, not criticism

S/C/G: 219/187.6/140

Good morning IPers,

WI on Saturday was down 2.2 which was unexpected as it is TOM and it's been a challenge for me to stick with IP with PMS, my sprained thumb and just general craziness around my house. So, surprised but I will take it!

Getting into Christmas mode, lots of parties coming up so starting to think about my strategies for the holiday season. Actually feeling pretty good about it. I survived my October vacation so I think I can do Christmas too.

Have a great day everyone
Old 11-18-2013, 01:48 PM   #14  
Start: Dec. 18, 2017

S/C/G: 211/210/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecdcslim View Post
I posted this on the Augusters forum - anybody got any idea about water in water-based veggies? I leave for a 2 week vacation next Sunday, to South America so getting about nervous about the veggies. I thought I had a plan to bring my own water purification tablets to purify water and wash my own lettuce, cucumbers and celery but people are telling me that it won't prevent me from getting ill cause veggies with lots of water in them - like lettuce - will have the bacteria IN the plants as well. Which just seems stupid to me but several people have said it - anybody know anything about this?
Interesting notion, since we also get so much imported produce from South America. Mostly fruit I guess, so not a phase 1 concern, but still, I haven't thought of it before...I don't know anything about this issue, but I think if I had concerns, I might want to eat only cooked veggies while there...
Old 11-18-2013, 01:48 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 252/227.6/170

Quote:
Originally Posted by sekc14 View Post
I love how IP works! Down 4 more lbs. woohoo! It's a great day!!!
Closed Thread