Ideal Protein Diet - November starts ?

View Full Version : November starts ?

SkinnyChiz
11-16-2013, 05:08 AM
Hey ladies, I started on Nov 10th. Feeling great so far! How's everyone making out so far?
What's your favorite meal ?
How's your body feeling ?
Challenges?
I always had an excuse not to get this going. No more for me. I can't beat myself up anymore. Mistakes happen.
My goals : single digit clothing , tall boots that fit, 20 by Xmas!

Let's do this for each other and ourselves!
Good luck to all!;)

locks
11-16-2013, 11:40 AM
Hi Skinny! I started on the 12th......7 lbs down....

What's your favorite meal ? I dont have one yet, but i really like adding mushrooms to breakfast, helps get in the 4 cups...
How's your body feeling ? Was tired before, slight headache but not as bad as I thought it would be. I seems to have legs that twitch in the night though....and sometimes I feel flushed.......then the other times im freezing lol...

I like my restricted durring the day, i can kind of much on it...a few chips then leave some for later, seems to get me over the big cravings...yesterday i had a dill pickle...helped me too..
Challenges?

yespositively
11-16-2013, 03:21 PM
I started on the fifth. Down 5-6 (5 at weigh in Wednesday). I was low carb before so no big losses in week 1. All is well so far, just struggling with veggies and occasional cravings. Week 1 I used a sampler pack from the clinic-- glad I have foods I like this week!

My goal is 20 before Christmas as well.

calypso58
11-16-2013, 03:35 PM
I started on November 13. Days 2 and 3 were difficult but it is getting better today. I don't have a favorite meal yet. I also have a goal of single digit clothes. Had a NSV this week already. Jeans I couldn't button a week ago now fit beautifully. It inspired me to keep going!

Sealilhannah
11-16-2013, 04:13 PM
I am going to start on Monday. Need some encouraging "friends" along the way :)..very nervous I'm going to fail once again. first goal is to et below 170 which I have not been in 5 years. Look forward to advice and tips

SkinnyChiz
11-16-2013, 05:40 PM
Hi Skinny! I started on the 12th......7 lbs down....

What's your favorite meal ? I dont have one yet, but i really like adding mushrooms to breakfast, helps get in the 4 cups...
How's your body feeling ? Was tired before, slight headache but not as bad as I thought it would be. I seems to have legs that twitch in the night though....and sometimes I feel flushed.......then the other times im freezing lol...

I like my restricted durring the day, i can kind of much on it...a few chips then leave some for later, seems to get me over the big cravings...yesterday i had a dill pickle...helped me too..
Challenges?

Salut la Mme de Quebec!
Favourite meal so far is banana pudding. I am also obsessed with broccoli slaw. It's really filling. Add a little home dressing and its great. I'm finding it hard to get in all my veggies also. I dehydrated some kale and spinach last night. Good to throw in a soup or eat on it's own.
Breaking up the snack is a good habit. I'm trying hard to pay attention to when I'm full. It's tough on ketosis, because your not hungry sometimes. I don't eat broccoli cause I love broccoli. I eat it cause it fuels my body.

My sleep has been a little off all week, I think it's because I'm in the burning phases. I am still waking up well rested.

I think it's important to plan your meals. I have picked all my meals for the week. At least my IP meals. labelled them with the days of the week.

Keep it up ladies ! Remember to not beat yourself up when you have a bad day.

SkinnyChiz
11-16-2013, 05:44 PM
I am going to start on Monday. Need some encouraging "friends" along the way :)..very nervous I'm going to fail once again. first goal is to et below 170 which I have not been in 5 years. Look forward to advice and tips

We're here for u. Change your definition of fail. Focus each day on what you did right instead. Remember the next day will always be there to start fresh! I wish you luck and know you can do this. Try to have mini goals that don't involve numbers.

BLUEJEWEL
11-16-2013, 06:06 PM
I started back today, i do alternatives, shake in morning and before bed, had a salad with lettuce red bel pepper and celery with 4oz turkey patty for lunch, will have a bar and then 4oz of something tonight with more salad.
Glad to see others starting in November!

mom2hi
11-16-2013, 06:13 PM
I started this week. I did IP once before, stopping 20 lbs before I reached goal (oh how I wish I could go back to that critical day!). Anyway, my favorite meal is steak with sautéed mushrooms and a big green salad...feels so special, and we can have it!

My favorite IP food is the RTD Chocolate, which I live on. I have tried most of the others, actually tried the new choc chip bar today and it was good!

I feel good for having started again, but physically today tired and slight headache. Can't wait for ketosis to kick in, then I know I'll feel great!

Good luck to all!

SkinnyChiz
11-16-2013, 06:15 PM
I started this week. I did IP once before, stopping 20 lbs before I reached goal (oh how I wish I could go back to that critical day!). Anyway, my favorite meal is steak with sautéed mushrooms and a big green salad...feels so special, and we can have it!

My favorite IP food is the RTD Chocolate, which I live on. I have tried most of the others, actually tried the new choc chip bar today and it was good!

I feel good for having started again, but physically today tired and slight headache. Can't wait for ketosis to kick in, then I know I'll feel great!

Good luck to all!

Welcome, you can do this I know you can ! Loving steak also. a little garlic pawder does the trick ! Good luck

mom2hi
11-16-2013, 06:20 PM
Welcome, you can do this I know you can ! Loving steak also. a little garlic pawder does the trick ! Good luck

Thank you, Skinny! This is a great plan, I know it works, as I went from 236 to 155 in about 7 months. I still don't understand why I didn't see it through to goal, but am working through my feelings about that so I won't do the same this time.

Best of luck to you, too!

Sealilhannah
11-16-2013, 06:37 PM
Ok I am kinds freaking out. Just went into BJ's to get started shopping for Monday and ended up putting everything back. I know I need a list but I also have 3 kids and a husband to feed (I know I'm not alone there:) but I feel so overwhelmed trying to get started. Any tips? Sorry to be needy :)

SkinnyChiz
11-16-2013, 06:54 PM
Ok I am kinds freaking out. Just went into BJ's to get started shopping for Monday and ended up putting everything back. I know I need a list but I also have 3 kids and a husband to feed (I know I'm not alone there:) but I feel so overwhelmed trying to get started. Any tips? Sorry to be needy :)

My best tip is to have options available to you. Try to include your meals into your family meals. Always have a protein and Veg.....then add extras for the rest of them. It's not easy , I know. I basically told people, I can't go out for awhile to restaurants.
Good luck !

mom2hi
11-16-2013, 07:08 PM

It is a challenge to do this plan when you are the main cook for the family, too. If your family eats dinner together, just always plan on a protein you can have, at least one veggie you can have and then add a starch if needed for the rest of the family. For example, you can make tacos (be sure to use your own seasoning, as the mixes generally have sugar), you can have a giant taco salad with IP friendly veggies, and the rest of the family just makes tacos. Or you can make roasted chicken with an IP friendly veggie and mashed potatoes for the kids.

It does take planning, and lists will be your friend, but it works! Good luck!

Sealilhannah
11-16-2013, 07:15 PM
Thanks ladies. I just need motivation :)

BLUEJEWEL
11-16-2013, 07:31 PM
It is a challenge to do this plan when you are the main cook for the family, too. If your family eats dinner together, just always plan on a protein you can have, at least one veggie you can have and then add a starch if needed for the rest of the family. For example, you can make tacos (be sure to use your own seasoning, as the mixes generally have sugar), you can have a giant taco salad with IP friendly veggies, and the rest of the family just makes tacos. Or you can make roasted chicken with an IP friendly veggie and mashed potatoes for the kids.

It does take planning, and lists will be your friend, but it works! Good luck!

Good suggestions on the taco salad, I do the Big Mac in a bowl, walden farms 1000 island is excellent with the 4 oz lean burger lettuce red onion tomato. Very satisfying and the roasted chicken you can purchase at the grocery store when u have no time to cook. This is very doable, even with a family, it really is a matter of making your mind up, go with the nike slogan, JUST DO IT!

SkinnyChiz
11-16-2013, 07:58 PM
I just made myself a dream board. It's not just losing the weight for me. It's overcoming whatever it is that is holding me back from being the best person I can be.

I put it up in the kitchen. I'm going to *** stars for each lb I lose.
Let's do this!!

lakelover18
11-16-2013, 09:41 PM
Started on November 6th, down 7 pounds. Feel really good, typically not hungry, and enjoying my meals. Love the Quest bars and RTD EAS Dark Chocolate with a splash of Torani SF peppermint. I also tried the cream of mushroom soup and added sauteed mushrooms...yummy.

may1954
11-16-2013, 10:00 PM
I restarted Friday, November 15. Went to a buffet for lunch, with visiting friends today. I really thought it would be a disaster for my restart, but I was able to find some delicious turkey breast, vegetables and salad and was full. usually I can't go near buffets without overeating. I plan to speak up next time and not put myself in that situation again. I feel very nervous about all the approaching holidays and gaining weight.

Breezybirdy
11-17-2013, 11:54 AM
I started November 6th. I was initially shocked once I realized how much I needed to loose --- Like, I knew what my goal weight was - but never calculated how many pounds that really was or how long it might take. YIKES!!! Anyway, so far so good - but sometimes I get overwhelmed at the thought of doing phase 1 for so long.

How do I get the weight loss ticker?

calypso58
11-17-2013, 12:01 PM
I'm so happy there are others who started in November to be on this journey at the same time. Four days and I'm already tired of the vegetables. I haven't cooked in years but am scouring these forums and pinterest for interesting vegetable recipes that might entice me a little more.

sologirl
11-17-2013, 12:53 PM

When you have been here for 20 days and have 20 posts the option to add signature shows up in your user cp:)

I started nov 1 and feeling really good! Im down 11.8 pounds...ive never stuck to any plan for very long before and i really feel like this is something I can do. My goals are very similar to yours skinny, regular clothing store for sure!!

For meal times i always make protein and veg that I can eat and add extras like baked potato or rice for the family....if they want something like pasta then i just make myself something else or eat ideal rotini noodles with my own sauce made with chopped tomato and other veg....its extra work but i prepare on the weekends what we are going to eat and do as much prep as i can before the busy work week starts!

The results are worth it! Off to make zucchini muffins with the oatmeal packet to take for on the run bfasts this week...there are so many recipes i want to try with the packets but im afraid of wasting them if they don't turn out!!

may1954
11-17-2013, 01:18 PM
on Day 3. I'm still drinking tea all day..much harder to cut out than the diet soda. Was wondering why Ideal protein is limited to 1 cup of regular tea? I want to do it but need a good reason to give up something I love and enjoy each day. Does anyone know why it's limited?

IdealProteinNewbie
11-17-2013, 01:35 PM
on Day 3. I'm still drinking tea all day..much harder to cut out than the diet soda. Was wondering why Ideal protein is limited to 1 cup of regular tea? I want to do it but need a good reason to give up something I love and enjoy each day. Does anyone know why it's limited?

Tea and coffee are not limited to 1 cup per day. 1oz of skim milk is all that's permitted so if you drink it black, that's not an issue.

I would just make sure you're drinking plenty of water to compensate for the caffeine, unless you're drinking decaf/herbal.

Enjoy!

may1954
11-17-2013, 01:52 PM
Tea and coffee are not limited to 1 cup per day. 1oz of skim milk is all that's permitted so if you drink it black, that's not an issue.

I would just make sure you're drinking plenty of water to compensate for the caffeine, unless you're drinking decaf/herbal.

Enjoy!

Thank you IdealProteinNewbie, I think I can see where my problem is now...when I drink the tea, I tend to not drink any water at all...I think I need to cut down on the tea and add some water.

It was so hard to give up diet soda and this is my third day off of that. Now I have to work on increasing my water.

calypso58
11-17-2013, 01:59 PM
I was worried about quitting my diet sodas. It hasn't been as difficult as I thought, but I am drinking a lot of water. Before this, I was drinking soda all day and no water. It feels really great!

may1954
11-17-2013, 02:13 PM
I was worried about quitting my diet sodas. It hasn't been as difficult as I thought, but I am drinking a lot of water. Before this, I was drinking soda all day and no water. It feels really great!

Ok, I'm going to give it a try this week, I'll commit to trying to drink more (any will be more for me) this week. Maybe a slice of lemon in it will help get me started. So hard to change habits!!!

calypso58
11-17-2013, 02:25 PM
I start with a bottle of water, the 16 ounce one you get in cases of 24. I refill it at least 3 more times during the day to make sure I'm getting all my water. I try to space them out so that I have one right after each meal and one extra in the afternoon. I pretty much chugged it the first few days because I really haven't been drinking water in a while. I bought a brita water bottle yesterday but I don't like having to squeeze it to drink, although it does taste good and I won't be recycling as much plastic.

sologirl
11-17-2013, 02:30 PM
I use mio or dassani drops in my water....they are 0,0,0 and use splenda so my coach said go ahead. It tastes great and its much easier to drink....i usually drink a plain one first thing in the morning and then flavor the rest of the day.

SkinnyChiz
11-17-2013, 03:03 PM
I started November 6th. I was initially shocked once I realized how much I needed to loose --- Like, I knew what my goal weight was - but never calculated how many pounds that really was or how long it might take. YIKES!!! Anyway, so far so good - but sometimes I get overwhelmed at the thought of doing phase 1 for so long.

Don't give up hope yet....once you get going and see the minor results , you will be pumped to keep going. Baby steps.
After 20 posts you can get a ticker...

good luck my dear! you can do this.

Lydia1102
11-17-2013, 03:38 PM
Hey ya'll!!! I just started TODAY!!! And so far so good :) I'm a little worried for the next few days b/c I imagine they will be pretty bad once I start getting rid of all these toxins/sugar!! Just wanted to introduce myself :)

BLUEJEWEL
11-17-2013, 04:05 PM
I just made myself a dream board. It's not just losing the weight for me. It's overcoming whatever it is that is holding me back from being the best person I can be.

I put it up in the kitchen. I'm going to *** stars for each lb I lose.
Let's do this!!

I have two visual aids, I use paper clips that hang from my refrigerator and then jars of colorful stones in my office, each clip or stone represents pounds lost.
Little games for my mind that help

SkinnyChiz
11-17-2013, 04:12 PM
I have two visual aids, I use paper clips that hang from my refrigerator and then jars of colorful stones in my office, each clip or stone represents pounds lost.
Little games for my mind that help

I LIKE THIS STONE IDEA! I'm going to use it . I know I have marbles or something somewhere.

sologirl
11-17-2013, 07:34 PM
Hey ya'll!!! I just started TODAY!!! And so far so good :) I'm a little worried for the next few days b/c I imagine they will be pretty bad once I start getting rid of all these toxins/sugar!! Just wanted to introduce myself :)

Welcome :). You can do it! I didn't find the first few days too bad...just really missed the diet coke i used to drink constantly! As soon as you hit ketosis your hunger dies down dramatically :).

workingmom11
11-17-2013, 08:36 PM
I'm still waiting for a email back from the clinic here but I am determined to start this month I would like to lose 50 lbs and get back in my skinny jeans - I have been reading up on the diet and this forum is super helpful I love reading all you stories. I have my family eating paleo and they are all happy and have lost some lbs so far. I have already taken myself off caffine,sugar and wheat so I am hoping for no headaches when I start. Keep up the good work ladies and I'll keep you posted.

Lydia1102
11-17-2013, 08:37 PM
Thank you sologirl!!! I'm feeling more "out of it"/kind of in a dream like state!!! Is that normal??? I have had such a high carb/high sugar diet, so even day 1 of no carbs/sugars is kicking my butt :) I have a HUGE test on Friday (3rd year dental student) and I just hope I can concentrate enough to study!!!

locks
11-17-2013, 09:11 PM
Hey Lyndia, good luck on your dental exam, I am a dental hygienist, I imagine the stress alone is disolving your ip packets pretty fast lol

locks
11-17-2013, 09:12 PM
I'm still waiting for a email back from the clinic here but I am determined to start this month I would like to lose 50 lbs and get back in my skinny jeans - I have been reading up on the diet and this forum is super helpful I love reading all you stories. I have my family eating paleo and they are all happy and have lost some lbs so far. I have already taken myself off caffine,sugar and wheat so I am hoping for no headaches when I start. Keep up the good work ladies and I'll keep you posted.

I did that before too, and my first week went pretty smooth, I was surprised. Just hungry, some tiredness, and i think im cutting veggies in my sleep lol

may1954
11-18-2013, 10:52 AM
glad to have the weekend and the first few days on ideal protein behind me.
The second and third day I did get the "fluish" feeling and had a headache last night but took ibupropan and that took care of it. I think I may have made it worse by not drinking water the first few days (just tea) I see how important the water is now.
I woke up this morning feeling good and ready to move forward toward better health and getting this extra weight off! I can't weight until my one week weigh in on Friday and seeing a lower number on the scale,

yespositively
11-18-2013, 11:08 AM
Hi November starters! I'm on week 3 of the program and am so far a happy camper. I wish I had super high numbers like -9 a week but what can ya do? Second weigh in is tomorrow.

I am struggling with finding good ways to get my veggies in. This week I did a ton of food prep and I have zucchini curry soup and a turkey chili with no beans and tons of peppers in it, so I will get in two cups at lunch. I've been splitting my protein between lunch and dinner which is a huge help for me.

Last Friday was a bad day for me-- I strayed off plan a little (low fat balsalmic on a salad and a tiny bit of cheese), but stayed in ketosis. I think I was so hungry because I was salt deficient. Once I ate that salad I felt a TON better. Weird how salad has become a cheat.

may1954
11-18-2013, 11:22 AM
[QUOTE=yespositively;4885479]This week I did a ton of food prep and I have zucchini curry soup and a turkey chili with no beans

What do you use for the turkey chili base? I love it and made some this weekend for the family but didn't eat it because I thought we couldn't have it because of the crushed tomatoes.

yespositively
11-18-2013, 11:31 AM
What do you use for the turkey chili base? I love it and made some this weekend for the family but didn't eat it because I thought we couldn't have it because of the crushed tomatoes.

I used the canned petite diced tomatoes. I buy the organic ones at Costco that have no sugar added, and I didn't even question whether they were allowed to be honest. The can has a little salt in it and some natural sugar but I figure it's pretty close to plan old tomatoes. You could start with fresh tomatoes and simmer them down if you were concerned.

I used two 14oz cans plus some NF chicken stock for 20oz of turkey, four red/orange bell peppers, and two jalepenos. Plus compliant seasoning.

I split this into six portions by cooked weight, and DH will eat half. So I figure with three servings I'll be eating close to 2c tomatoes (somewhere around 14oz, right?), a nice serving of peppers, and 3oz of turkey.

may1954
11-18-2013, 11:37 AM
Thank you yespositievely, that sounds good! By the way, I'm new to the site, how did you get your quote part to look so neat? I just clicked on the quote button and mine looks different.

yespositively
11-18-2013, 11:43 AM
Thank you yespositievely, that sounds good! By the way, I'm new to the site, how did you get your quote part to look so neat? I just clicked on the quote button and mine looks different.

I think when you took out some of my writing it "broke" your quote box. A quote needs to be surrounded by but with stars removed. The little slash means the quote is ending. If there is no quote end box, the beginning of the quote won't work either. It's good to check that both are present if you are just quoting part of someone's message (cause sometimes the quote language disappears when you delete other things).

We are huge chili / taco soup eaters in our house and honestly I can't imagine cutting this meal out of my diet. I'm not missing the beans too much though. :)

Scale has been lower lately than it has been in years-- so hopefully my canned tomato habit isn't holding me back. I looked it up and others have weighed in on this-- just make sure there's no added sugar and to eat the tomatoes in moderation.

Also welcome! I have only been here a coupe weeks but have found this forum to be a great place for support and reinforcement since DH doesn't like me to talk about this diet all the time.

may1954
11-18-2013, 11:56 AM
my husband is the one who tells everyone about the ideal protein diet because he has seen me struggle our whole marriage with trying to lose weight and the most i ever could lose the past few years was .5lbs a week and with that slow weight loss I couldn't keep up with the occasional special occasion/holiday/ etc. so my weight was always going up a little at a time. Finally last November I got started and lost weight the first 3 months. Then I seemed to not be able to stay on it so strictly and for the next months until now went off and on low carbs but never could get rid of the cravings/hunger like the first time. So I restarted this past week with the strict Ideal Protein again. I want to do this so bad. After the first 36lbs off, I felt 10years younger and so much better...it seem to take care of all my aches and pains that I thought were just part of aging. I don't want to go back up for anything. I started now because I know the holidays can be an easy 10lb gain from now until January 1. then it takes Jan/Feb/Mar trying to lose it again.

Breezybirdy
11-18-2013, 01:02 PM
Thanks for the information about the ticker! And thanks for the motivation! I don't know how to use this forum yet - but I'll get it figured out.

kpw30
11-18-2013, 01:25 PM
I started on November 7th. Down 6.6 lbs so far.

My favorite meal so far is the Rotini with diced tomato, olive oil, and salt & pepper. I enjoy the chocolate shakes too.

Least favorite, hands-down, is the lemon pudding...I love lemon, but that stuff is not for me. I've been making muffins with it because I don't want to waste the packets.

wosmama
11-18-2013, 10:46 PM
I'm starting tomorrow! My husband is doing it with me and we are doing all alternative products. Question: has anyone used ViShape shakes as an alternative?

SkinnyChiz
11-19-2013, 12:17 AM
Hey November starters!
have my first WI tomorrow. I did the program for couple of months last year...then had to stop for medical reasons. I'm ready to get this done.
I have been feeling great. Preparing things is soo important. Yes, I am always cutting veggies and washing dishes. I bought a second shake bottle, that helps things out.
Excited for whatever results I see tomorrow.
Keep up the support .

calypso58
11-19-2013, 12:23 AM
Hey November starters!
have my first WI tomorrow. I did the program for couple of months last year...then had to stop for medical reasons. I'm ready to get this done.
I have been feeling great. Preparing things is soo important. Yes, I am always cutting veggies and washing dishes. I bought a second shake bottle, that helps things out.
Excited for whatever results I see tomorrow.
Keep up the support .

Good luck at your WI. Looking forward to hearing your results. My first one is on Wednesday. I can't wait!

may1954
11-19-2013, 10:37 AM
I'm starting tomorrow! My husband is doing it with me and we are doing all alternative products. Question: has anyone used ViShape shakes as an alternative?

I have only used EAS Advantage carb control (from Walmart)

locks
11-19-2013, 11:29 AM
Ouff........first week done.........it was a good week I am surprised my body didnt have more withdraws this time.. Minus 9.5 lbs, Last time was less. It was nice of Tom to show up the night before my weigh in.......I thank him for that kind move lol....although is any time a good time lol...A week early too....

This week im going to try using more spices and some of the recipies...i wish ph1 recipies were together. I start reading something that look good, then I see they add chees lol....I am 90% ip, the other part is alternative to just keep the price down a bit. I use alternative drinks, basically, for when I work. I use IP vitamins though and their snacks. But i stick to the protocol. I cant even ready the 90% OP post lol

yespositively
11-19-2013, 11:35 AM
Good luck at your WI. Looking forward to hearing your results. My first one is on Wednesday. I can't wait!

Good luck! Glad to find another Wednesday WI buddy. I feel like everyone weighs in over the weekend or on Monday. Makes me eager for results!

My second WI is tomorrow. Scale has been steady at 172 for the last few days (I stand on it most mornings). Would love to see those 160s next week!

locks
11-19-2013, 11:40 AM
I orginally started on Monday but the carb monster grabbled me monday night one last time.....so moved it to Tuesday lol.......Doing it on Mondays was to help me fight the devil in me on the weekends lol.

calypso58
11-19-2013, 12:57 PM
I will move to Tuesday next week because the clinic is closed for the holiday. then I go back to work on the following week so I will have to figure out when I can schedule my WI appts. My coach said Friday is the only time she works late so I may keep them on Wednesday during lunch.

I bowl in a league and I was really bad last night. I may need to do an extra packet on Mondays or Tuesdays. I'm really hungry today.

wosmama
11-19-2013, 03:12 PM
so far today i've had one oh yeah bar and 1 vishape shake and 2c broccoli slaw w/ some of the WF coleslaw dressing. also taken the alt supplements i bought.

will have another shake when my son wakes up from nap, then 8 oz mahi mahi and roasted cauliflower for dinner!

workingmom11
11-19-2013, 03:18 PM
Day 1 today and I feel good so far - I think it helped that I detoxed off sugar and wheat before I started. My couch is awesome gave me her cell number told me to call or text any questions which is nice because I still have no idea what I am doing. Next Wednesday will be first WI and I'm so excited I feel like a kid at Christmas.

SkinnyChiz
11-19-2013, 04:05 PM
First weighin : 10.2 lbs and 6.75 inches ! feeling great !

calypso58
11-19-2013, 04:35 PM
Huge congrats on your first WI!!! You are definitely on your way! :carrot:

BLUEJEWEL
11-19-2013, 05:25 PM

WOW!!!! Those are fantastic results! Congratulations!

So I just made myself lunch...it is sooo good...
Cut up some turnips seasoned with sea salt and pepper, sautéed them in some olive oil added some mushrooms, let them cook covered for about 10 minutes added some curry and cinnamon covered for maybe another 5 minutes...SOOO GOOD! Really hit the spot. I will definitely make this again!

44forever
11-19-2013, 05:26 PM
Started OP 9 November. First WI was 8.8 lbs and 4.5 inches....felt great!!

may1954
11-19-2013, 06:05 PM
It's so encouraging to see everyone's results! Can't wait to get through my first week.

calypso58
11-19-2013, 06:24 PM
Started OP 9 November. First WI was 8.8 lbs and 4.5 inches....felt great!!

Great result! you are on your way! :carrot:

SkinnyChiz
11-19-2013, 07:38 PM
It's so encouraging to see everyone's results! Can't wait to get through my first week.

The first week way in will be worth it! You have already made a big choice.

sologirl
11-19-2013, 08:01 PM

Awesome numbers skinny!!!! Congrats :carrot:

may1954
11-20-2013, 12:05 PM
Having a rough week...first day felt great, lost 2lbs the next morning. Then the next 4 days have had a headache don't feel as well . I expected that part because that is how I felt the first week when I did this a year ago so I know I just have to get through it. But the scale has stayed the same since the first day 2lb loss..only two more days until my first week is over. Because I had a great weight loss the first week last year I was expecting that again. But I know eventually it all averaged out to 3lbs a week for me so I'm hoping to at least lose the 3lbs this week. I must be patient I know...it's hard though...I got so excited about a big first week loss after seeing others losses.

finale
11-20-2013, 12:49 PM
I just started this on November 13 and I love it so far. I felt it was fairly easy and I love how you can still go out with your loved ones and you know what you can eat and stay OP. I have lost 9 pounds in my first week. I love the strawberry - bananna RTD shake and I add 2 cups of spinach with it and put it in the NINJA and wow I think it tastes like candy....
Today when I went in to get more strawberry bannana they were sold out so I am going to try peach I think it will be good.
I love how things fit better and how I'm not really hungry and I love this website it is so helpfull.

calypso58
11-20-2013, 12:49 PM
I know how you feel may. I am not going to have the huge losses that the others have had here. My coach moved my appt back to this afternoon so I have to wait to find out. I almost went off yesterday. I'm putting my scale away because it makes me react emotionally.

vzubie
11-20-2013, 03:18 PM
I started on November 18th. So far, so good. I do find that I am very hungry at times, but I'm trying to stick to it. Is lettuce unlimited?

yespositively
11-20-2013, 03:48 PM
vzubie Lettuce is unlimited-- like spring greens and stuff. Spinach would be considered a vegetable.

Had my second WI today-- -1.4lbs. Not what I had hoped for, even though I understand that's just realistic. Just frustrating when the scale showed a 3lb loss yesterday. My coach also fussed at me for using alternatives. I get that they want you to use the program food but my favorite part about a Quest bar is that you can CHEW it. Can't do that with most of the IP products.

I felt like between that and confessing my McDonalds salad thing last Friday (ate the cheese and 1/3 packet LF dressing since I didn't plan enough meals), I was getting lectured a lot. Not a great day for me and IP.

may1954
11-20-2013, 03:52 PM
Calypso58- yes, weighing everyday can be emotional for me too especially if I don't see progress, but I keep thinking...Thanksgiving is next week and from there until January 1 it's one food event after another in a short period of time. I just keep thinking if I'm not off of sugar that's an easy 10lb gain for me
and then spending January, February, March trying to recover from the holiday weight gain. No way do I want to get on that holiday sugar roll.... so.......no matter how small the loss I'm still ahead of the game if I don't eat any sugar.
Just think how happy we'll be to look back January 1 and not see any holiday weight gain. Any loss will be a plus over that!!!!

calypso58
11-20-2013, 05:58 PM
Just got home from my first WI. Down 5 pounds and 2.5 inches. I like everything except my fat went up and my waist did not drop at all. But I can't be too upset with the results. :dizzy:

may1954
11-20-2013, 06:45 PM
Just got home from my first WI. Down 5 pounds and 2.5 inches. I like everything except my fat went up and my waist did not drop at all. But I can't be too upset with the results. :dizzy:

Congratulations! That's great to have 5lbs off! So good to get week one done!

fishnchik
11-20-2013, 11:56 PM
Hi y'all. I started Nov 12 and had my first WI yesterday. Lost 12 lbs and was shocked. Matter of fact I'm still shocked! But I can't really tell a huge difference in how I look, which is odd.

I travel a lot for my job & will fly from to LA tomorrow which has me worried. Because if the time change I won't be able to have dinner until 6:30 which will be 8:30pm on my body clock. I'm usually hungry & eating dinner by 5:30 or 6:00. Then there will be a similar issue Friday when I return.

I'll take some extra drinks/shakes and hopefully that will tide me over.

Y'all are so inspiring! I'm hoping I can return the favor somewhere along the line.

OohLexi
11-21-2013, 08:14 AM
I'm super excited. I made it through my first day yesterday. Very proud of myself. :D I have a long way to go, but I'm definitely super motivated to see this through. I've seen the success that other people have had with this program at my workplace and I'm only bummed I didn't try it earlier. But.. here's to the holidays on IP! :D

OohLexi
11-21-2013, 08:26 AM
Hi y'all. I started Nov 12 and had my first WI yesterday. Lost 12 lbs and was shocked. Matter of fact I'm still shocked! But I can't really tell a huge difference in how I look, which is odd.

I travel a lot for my job & will fly from to LA tomorrow which has me worried. Because if the time change I won't be able to have dinner until 6:30 which will be 8:30pm on my body clock. I'm usually hungry & eating dinner by 5:30 or 6:00. Then there will be a similar issue Friday when I return.

Y'all are so inspiring! I'm hoping I can return the favor somewhere along the line.

Taking a shake with you is a great idea! What I loved about this program before I started was this it seemed to be very grab and go for the most part. I work full time and go to school full time for nursing, so the fact that this program offers so many options that are quick and easy is amazing! Good luck and congratulations on your weigh in!! :carrot:

may1954
11-21-2013, 09:59 AM
Fishnchik- congratulation on your great first week loss of 12lbs.

Oohlexi-great to get the first day down...may you have many more successful days to follow on your weight loss journey now that you have started!

kpw30
11-21-2013, 10:15 AM
vzubie Lettuce is unlimited-- like spring greens and stuff. Spinach would be considered a vegetable.

Had my second WI today-- -1.4lbs. Not what I had hoped for, even though I understand that's just realistic. Just frustrating when the scale showed a 3lb loss yesterday. My coach also fussed at me for using alternatives. I get that they want you to use the program food but my favorite part about a Quest bar is that you can CHEW it. Can't do that with most of the IP products.

I felt like between that and confessing my McDonalds salad thing last Friday (ate the cheese and 1/3 packet LF dressing since I didn't plan enough meals), I was getting lectured a lot. Not a great day for me and IP.

I can relate...had my second WI today...1.6lbs down. I knew that it would be lower than the first week's loss, but I'm still a little bummed, I was hoping to hit at least two. I'm am thankful, though, that I'm continuing to move in a positive direction.

Great job Calypso!

That's awesome fishnchik! 12lbs is huge! :carrot: Good luck with your travels, sounds like you have a good plan in place.

I'm super excited. I made it through my first day yesterday. Very proud of myself. :D I have a long way to go, but I'm definitely super motivated to see this through. I've seen the success that other people have had with this program at my workplace and I'm only bummed I didn't try it earlier. But.. here's to the holidays on IP! :D

Way to go!

Yesterday was a little rough. Since I've been OP I haven't really craved anything "off-limits"...when I've wanted something I've found that I wanted it more out of habit than actual desire for it...not yesterday, I really wanted something, anything, that I knew I couldn't have. Yesterday was the first time that I had an alternative protein - Syntrax Nectar - for lunch, makes me wonder if the change triggered something for me?

Have a great day!

calypso58
11-21-2013, 05:31 PM
OMG i just tried kale chips. I can't believe this is legal :carrot:

kpw30
11-21-2013, 06:10 PM
How did you make yours? Did you season them?

calypso58
11-21-2013, 06:13 PM
How did you make yours? Did you season them?

I coated them with spray olive oil and baked on a foiled cookie sheet for 15 mins at 300. I salted when I took them from the oven. I'll try other seasonings on other batches. This may be what I take to Thanksgiving dinner.

fishnchik
11-21-2013, 06:30 PM
Calypso, I love kale chips too! I brought some with me on my flight. (I'm actually in the air right now.)

But I didn't make mine because I didn't have time. I got them pre-packaged at Whole Foods. I am only eating very few of them because it says they have 120 calories and 8 net carbs per serving. From what I can find online a cup of plain kale has only 33 calories and 6 net carbs so I am not going to eat a full serving. I hope I'm not making a mistake but they are SOOOOO good.

SkinnyChiz
11-21-2013, 06:37 PM
WOW!!!! Those are fantastic results! Congratulations!

So I just made myself lunch...it is sooo good...
Cut up some turnips seasoned with sea salt and pepper, sautéed them in some olive oil added some mushrooms, let them cook covered for about 10 minutes added some curry and cinnamon covered for maybe another 5 minutes...SOOO GOOD! Really hit the spot. I will definitely make this again!

I just made turnip fries, garlic powder and sea salt.....I think i'm in love....making some pulled turkey with wf bbq sauce smells so good.
I have to say that I'm really enjoying vegetables. a few spices goes a long way

SkinnyChiz
11-21-2013, 06:44 PM

I also make spinach chips.....I like the taste better then kale. I use a lot of my dehydrated stuff in soups!

loving all the posts.

calypso58
11-21-2013, 06:46 PM
Calypso, I love kale chips too! I brought some with me on my flight. (I'm actually in the air right now.)

But I didn't make mine because I didn't have time. I got them pre-packaged at Whole Foods. I am only eating very few of them because it says they have 120 calories and 8 net carbs per serving. From what I can find online a cup of plain kale has only 33 calories and 6 net carbs so I am not going to eat a full serving. I hope I'm not making a mistake but they are SOOOOO good.

I dont see how the can be that much more. It is less than the amount of prescribed oil and kale. I hope I'm not messing up either.

fishnchik
11-21-2013, 06:48 PM
Oh I'm not suggesting yours are more. I'm only talking about the packaged ones I bought. I looked at the ingredient list and I can't imagine what is in there that would make the calories go from 33 to 120!

calypso58
11-21-2013, 08:54 PM
I also make spinach chips.....I like the taste better then kale. I use a lot of my dehydrated stuff in soups!

loving all the posts.

Skinny,
How do you make these? Are you making them in a dehydrator?

I didn't even cook until I started this diet... probably why I need the diet... and I've spent more on cooking devices than I have on IP products ... lol

may1954
11-22-2013, 10:40 AM
first week weigh in : 2lbs Lost that the first day and then my weight would not budge each morning the rest of the week. I feel very full of water and have had a headache everyday. I do not feel my best and
worry about getting through two family Thanksgiving dinners this week (having the engery to host it not worried about eating the food).
Also this morning got word of an out of town family funeral on Monday or Tuesday in addition.
The only thing I've done different from the 1st time on Ideal Protein is that I cut out the tea and drank more water...my body doesn't seem to want to let it go. It's been a week. I wonder how long it takes for your body to adjust.
anyway, when I got the news of the out of town funeral, I started drinking tea again...out of desperation to see if that helps the water retention.

kpw30
11-22-2013, 11:22 AM
I coated them with spray olive oil and baked on a foiled cookie sheet for 15 mins at 300. I salted when I took them from the oven. I'll try other seasonings on other batches. This may be what I take to Thanksgiving dinner.
Thank you! I'm going to give these a try.

may1954
11-22-2013, 01:51 PM
I just tried it with spinach as I didn't have any Kale. I really liked the taste!
Thanks everyone for all the great ideas!

kpw30
11-22-2013, 02:04 PM
I just tried it with spinach as I didn't have any Kale. I really liked the taste!
Thanks everyone for all the great ideas!
Are they crunchy?

may1954
11-22-2013, 02:10 PM
Are they crunchy?

no, not after 15min. /300 degrees, but I put them back in for a few more minutes and they got crunchier...I'll try 20min next time. Plus I think I sprayed a little bit too much Olivio spray on them and they were a little soggy...so next time I'll measure the olive oil exactly or get olive oil spray.
All in all they still tasted good...better than just eating plain veggies to me.

kpw30
11-22-2013, 02:12 PM
no, not after 15min. /300 degrees, but I put them back in for a few more minutes and they got crunchier...I'll try 20min next time. Plus I think I sprayed a little bit too much Olivio spray on them and they were a little soggy...so next time I'll measure the olive oil exactly or get olive oil spray.
All in all they still tasted good...better than just eating plain veggies to me.
Thanks. I'm going to do the kale chips first...hoping for some crunch :-)

calypso58
11-22-2013, 02:32 PM

I saw a recipe to just put 2 drops of olive oil in a bowl with 2 cups of spinach. I'm going to try it tonight for dinner. The kale was really crunchy.

may1954
11-22-2013, 05:26 PM
I saw a recipe to just put 2 drops of olive oil in a bowl with 2 cups of spinach. I'm going to try it tonight for dinner. The kale was really crunchy.

uh oh...2 drops of olive oil? Ok, I definitely know why mine came out soggy now! Boy, I really need exact measurements...left up to my own estimate I am way off!!!!!

SkinnyChiz
11-22-2013, 08:15 PM
Skinny,
How do you make these? Are you making them in a dehydrator?

I didn't even cook until I started this diet... probably why I need the diet... and I've spent more on cooking devices than I have on IP products ... lol

low in the oven, about 300 ....I keep checking them .
a little olive oil , your choice of spices on partchment paper.
and Voila!

calypso58
11-22-2013, 09:19 PM
low in the oven, about 300 ....I keep checking them .
a little olive oil , your choice of spices on partchment paper.
and Voila!

Thanks! I tried turnip fries tonight based on your recommendation. They were awesome :carrot:

SkinnyChiz
11-22-2013, 09:38 PM
Thanks! I tried turnip fries tonight based on your recommendation. They were awesome :carrot:

I know right life changing :)
Glad you enjoyed them !

kpw30
11-22-2013, 10:43 PM
I tried the kale chips tonight based on everyone's tips...baked at 300 for exactly 15 minutes, little spritz of evoo on parchment paper. They were good! I over seasoned a little bit, and they were a little bitter (do you all remove the center rib?), but overall tasty and crispy. Thanks everyone!

calypso58
11-23-2013, 12:41 AM
I tried the kale chips tonight based on everyone's tips...baked at 300 for exactly 15 minutes, little spritz of evoo on parchment paper. They were good! I over seasoned a little bit, and they were a little bitter (do you all remove the center rib?), but overall tasty and crispy. Thanks everyone!

Yes. Remove the center stalk. I think that is the bitter part.

kpw30
11-23-2013, 09:36 AM
Yes. Remove the center stalk. I think that is the bitter part.
Thank you, I'll definitely do that next time I make them.

OohLexi
11-23-2013, 10:21 AM
I've found that I really enjoy roasted cauliflower. That stuff is amazing, with just a little bit of lemon juice and some evoo. I also threw in some minced garlic.

Since trying the WF products.. I've fallen in looooove with the Honey BBQ sauce.. I could drink that. :P :carrot:

workingmom11
11-23-2013, 03:30 PM
started on Tuesday and my couch texted me that she has to go out of town so I had to go buy more food since she wont be back for my WI- I talked her in to weighing me and after 3.5 days OP I lost 2.8lbs and 2". I am so excited I can wait to see what I lose next:)

calypso58
11-23-2013, 04:51 PM
started on Tuesday and my couch texted me that she has to go out of town so I had to go buy more food since she wont be back for my WI- I talked her in to weighing me and after 3.5 days OP I lost 2.8lbs and 2". I am so excited I can wait to see what I lose next:)

Congratulations workingmom! You are on your way! :carrot:

workingmom11
11-23-2013, 07:36 PM
Thank you - These forums help alot too;)

SkinnyChiz
11-23-2013, 09:37 PM
I've found that I really enjoy roasted cauliflower. That stuff is amazing, with just a little bit of lemon juice and some evoo. I also threw in some minced garlic.

Since trying the WF products.. I've fallen in looooove with the Honey BBQ sauce.. I could drink that. :P :carrot:

I just discovered that sauce too....love it . I really like the hickory one too!

wosmama
11-24-2013, 02:02 PM
You guys I think we november starts should get some kind of award for starting a diet right before thanksgiving and christmas :) My mom has been on IP for months, so we are strategizing thanksgiving dinner. There's a great veggie puree recipe on that thread that can be used as "gravy"!

lakelover18
11-24-2013, 05:06 PM
Started November 6th, down 11 pounds. Tremendous energy - don't want or need a quick nap. Not hungry much - tend to save my protein for dinner but finding that I don't get it all in. Having fun with veggies - sautéing lots of mushrooms for the Protidiet Cream of Mushroom soup. Planning to bring roasted turnips and roasted Brussels sprouts to Thanksgiving dinner and supplement that with turkey. Yum!

fishnchik
11-24-2013, 06:42 PM
I made the kale chips today. I baked them for 20 minutes at 250 degrees and they are fabulous. They just melt in your mouth!

YUM.

SkinnyChiz
11-25-2013, 12:46 AM
I just survived my Grey cup party....Go riders go! (canadian football) My team won.
I knew there was a good chance I would have a bit of my friend's buffalo chicken dip. She made the low carb version. So I'm not beating myself up. I cut up broccoli and celery to go with it. Put it in a small ramekin so I could control my portions.
I prepared all week , stayed OP and really watched me sodium. Proud to say I didn't touch any chips, lasagna, potato skins or pulled pork sliders. No regrets here!
It's all about be prepared.

Go Riders GO!
keep ot up ladies....
I wish all my americans luck with thanksgiving this week!

calypso58
11-25-2013, 01:24 AM
I just survived my Grey cup party....Go riders go! (canadian football) My team won.
I knew there was a good chance I would have a bit of my friend's buffalo chicken dip. She made the low carb version. So I'm not beating myself up. I cut up broccoli and celery to go with it. Put it in a small ramekin so I could control my portions.
I prepared all week , stayed OP and really watched me sodium. Proud to say I didn't touch any chips, lasagna, potato skins or pulled pork sliders. No regrets here!
It's all about be prepared.

Go Riders GO!
keep ot up ladies....
I wish all my americans luck with thanksgiving this week!

WTG Skinny! :carrot:

fishnchik
11-26-2013, 12:21 AM
Skinnychiz I'm so impressed. Kudos to you!
Here's to everyone staying OP this week!

SkinnyChiz
11-26-2013, 12:32 AM
Skinnychiz I'm so impressed. Kudos to you!
Here's to everyone staying OP this week!

thx fishnchix! I woke up this morning and I was still in ketosis and back op!
HAPPY MONDAY

wosmama
11-26-2013, 09:15 AM
First WI down 5.4! I'm happy with that as I'm typically a really slow loser... like half a pound on WW, gain 2 lbs w/ one cheat on WW...

calypso58
11-26-2013, 11:38 AM
First WI down 5.4! I'm happy with that as I'm typically a really slow loser... like half a pound on WW, gain 2 lbs w/ one cheat on WW...

Way to go wosmama! You are on your way! :carrot:

calypso58
11-26-2013, 04:50 PM
WI 2 was -4.4 pounds and 2.5 inches. Yay! :dancer:

44forever
11-26-2013, 05:05 PM
Anyone else have trouble on WI #2? I was only down .8lbs and now I am crazy scared that somehow I cheated and didn't know it. And it doesn't help that the coach immediately asked me if I cheated which made me feel like a little kid.
WI #3 is Saturday so I hope that I bounce back and start losing a bit more.

SkinnyChiz
11-26-2013, 07:48 PM
Anyone else have trouble on WI #2? I was only down .8lbs and now I am crazy scared that somehow I cheated and didn't know it. And it doesn't help that the coach immediately asked me if I cheated which made me feel like a little kid.
WI #3 is Saturday so I hope that I bounce back and start losing a bit more.

Can't have big movements everyweek our bodies change soo much. Just make sure you write everything down . You might be taking in too much sodium somewhere....I try and have my restricted earlier in the day.

Congrrats on the loss.
Keep up the hard work everyone

SkinnyChiz
11-27-2013, 05:43 PM
How is everyone making out ? First week/slash month almost over. I have my WI 2tomorrow. I,m looking for It will be my 18 day OP. I should had my 3 one by now....due to scheduling I had to move them around.

Next week i'm away....making my list to prepare. packing my food as we speak.
Happy Wednesday all !

vzubie
11-27-2013, 09:36 PM
Week one down and doing well. I'm down 4 lbs - was hoping for more, but since it's TOM, I'll take it. Wish I had measured in the beginning but I know I have lost a lot of inches. My tummy is already visibly smaller. :)

calypso58
11-27-2013, 10:31 PM
Happy Thanksgiving fellow Nov IPers! I'm looking forward to tomorrow and being 100% OP. Going to friends for dinner. They know about my journey and are 100% supportive. I will bring spinach and broccoli and eat their turkey. I just hope I won't be tempted by the alcohol.

I start a new job next week. My future boss has already texted me about 3 lunches and dinners over the next 2 weeks. This is not going to be easy but I'm 9.6 pounds down and I'm not stopping until this is done.

I had an emotional meltdown yesterday. I cried quite a bit. I waited too long for lunch and I'm having a lot of dreams and thoughts about the past. I was widowed several years ago and we moved into this house over Thanksgiving weekend. This year is rougher and I know the diet is impacting me, but I also know that this is the first time I've felt like I'm really doing something to take care of myself since he died. It's sad but also very liberating.

I wish everyone success and resolve! :thanks2:

calypso58
11-27-2013, 10:34 PM
Week one down and doing well. I'm down 4 lbs - was hoping for more, but since it's TOM, I'll take it. Wish I had measured in the beginning but I know I have lost a lot of inches. My tummy is already visibly smaller. :)

My coach measures me. Maybe you can ask your's to measure you on your next WI. Congrats on 4 pounds! :carrot:

OohLexi
11-28-2013, 11:35 AM
I'm so super excited to share my first weigh in news with you guys! :carrot:

I weighed in on Wednesday.. and was super excited to see that I had lost a total of 5 inches and 14.5 pounds. I'm so ecstatic and motivated and will have absolutely no problem sticking to program today.

Happy Thanksgiving to you lovelies! :D

calypso58
11-28-2013, 11:51 AM

I weighed in on Wednesday.. and was super excited to see that I had lost a total of 5 inches and 14.5 pounds. I'm so ecstatic and motivated and will have absolutely no problem sticking to program today.

Yay OohLexi! You are on your way!!! :carrot:

44forever
11-28-2013, 06:31 PM
I weighed in on Wednesday.. and was super excited to see that I had lost a total of 5 inches and 14.5 pounds. :D

Excellent Oohlexi!! :congrat: My WI is tomorrow, hoping for good results.

vzubie
11-28-2013, 10:50 PM

Wow! Way to go!! :carrot:

Good luck 44forever!

Breezybirdy
11-28-2013, 11:02 PM
Hardest part of the day was cooking things I couldn't taste. It's very hard to make mashed potatoes without tasting to make sure there's the right amount of salt!

Still 100% OP since day 1!

vzubie
11-28-2013, 11:08 PM
Hardest part of the day was cooking things I couldn't taste. It's very hard to make mashed potatoes without tasting to make sure there's the right amount of salt!

Still 100% OP since day 1!

I find the same thing! I get my daughters to taste for me. :smug:

Congrats on being 100% OP! I've had a few slip ups, but I'm trying not to be too hard on myself.

SkinnyChiz
11-29-2013, 02:31 PM
WI 2 .....3 inches and 3 lbs ! 13 lbs and 10 inches in two weeks feeling good !

calypso58
11-29-2013, 04:21 PM

Super news SkinnyChiz! Keep it up!!! :carrot::carrot:

OohLexi
11-29-2013, 08:58 PM
That's so awesome SkinnyChiz! Great job! You're a total rockstar.

I swear, I love this forum and reading people's losses every week. It's the motivation I need to not cheat or slip up.

Hi5 Breezy.. I've been 100% OP since day one too! Made it through two Thanksgiving dinners and a night out at a Mexican restaurant for my boyfriend's birthday. Was not easy either.. Mexican food is such a weakness of mine!

SkinnyChiz
11-29-2013, 10:44 PM
[QUOTE=OohLexi;4891949]That's so awesome SkinnyChiz! Great job! You're a total rockstar.

I swear, I love this forum and reading people's losses every week. It's the motivation I need to not cheat or slip up.

Hi5 Breezy.. I've been 100% OP since day one too! Made it through two Thanksgiving dinners and a night out at a Mexican restaurant for my boyfriend's birthday. Was not easy either.. Mexican food is such a weakness of mine![/QUOTE

THX I love reading everyone's progress too!
Way to go Lexi!
I really haven't been hungry the last two days. I have been struggling to eat all my veggies. I am making up a menu for the week....so I can be more prepared.
I made the oatmeal zuchini muffins....delicious! I was able to get 6 out of my recipe. I highly recommend them !
:turkey: Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving down there!

44forever
11-29-2013, 11:35 PM
WI#3 today....4.4 lbs and 5.25 inches...yeah!!!!

calypso58
11-30-2013, 12:03 AM

Great job 44forever! Those are awesome numbers! :dancer:

coloradogirl
11-30-2013, 01:09 AM
Evening folks! I fell off the wagon back in September. I stopped at 165 because I felt SO happy with myself... so happy that I ate like my old self and now I'm back up to 180! Feeling very depressed and bad about myself but I'm happy to be back on the forum and excited to turn it around tomorrow :)

coloradogirl
11-30-2013, 01:11 AM

WHOA! Talk about motivation! Great job and congratulations!!

That's so awesome SkinnyChiz! Great job! You're a total rockstar.

Hi5 Breezy.. I've been 100% OP since day one too! Made it through two Thanksgiving dinners and a night out at a Mexican restaurant for my boyfriend's birthday. Was not easy either.. Mexican food is such a weakness of mine!

That's great! Mexican is a huge weakness of mine too. You are amazing!

WOOO! Congratulations :) :)

alaskan77
11-30-2013, 02:05 PM
Well here I am... Day 2 on the IP, feeling good. Lots of questions with many of the answers here on the site.
Here is my dilemma, I work on the North Slope of Alaska in a camp setting 2 weeks on at work and the 2 weeks off at home. Is there any one on here that has this type of work schedule and how successful were they on this program?
My second question, can I meet my 8 ounces of meat protein daily by eating 4 oz. of chicken at lunch then 4 oz. of meat at dinner?
Wish me luck, I head back up on Tuesday...

OohLexi
11-30-2013, 05:28 PM
Evening folks! I fell off the wagon back in September. I stopped at 165 because I felt SO happy with myself... so happy that I ate like my old self and now I'm back up to 180! Feeling very depressed and bad about myself but I'm happy to be back on the forum and excited to turn it around tomorrow :)

Aww, welcome back! I totally get the weight coming back on thing... I had gotten down to 208 last year (on a different program) and then my work schedule changed and in a year I gained like.. 55 pounds. -.- But hey!!! IP through the holidays! :carrot: The weight will totally melt off and I'm sure you still look fabulous for all your holiday pictures! Welcome back! :hug:

may1954
11-30-2013, 08:36 PM
Happy Thanksgiving fellow Nov IPers! I'm looking forward to tomorrow and being 100% OP. Going to friends for dinner. They know about my journey and are 100% supportive. I will bring spinach and broccoli and eat their turkey. I just hope I won't be tempted by the alcohol.

I start a new job next week. My future boss has already texted me about 3 lunches and dinners over the next 2 weeks. This is not going to be easy but I'm 9.6 pounds down and I'm not stopping until this is done.

I had an emotional meltdown yesterday. I cried quite a bit. I waited too long for lunch and I'm having a lot of dreams and thoughts about the past. I was widowed several years ago and we moved into this house over Thanksgiving weekend. This year is rougher and I know the diet is impacting me, but I also know that this is the first time I've felt like I'm really doing something to take care of myself since he died. It's sad but also very liberating.

I wish everyone success and resolve! :thanks2:

Good luck with your new job next week and getting through the lunches/dinners out. 9.6lbs is great progress!
Holidays can really bring out the emotions, especially with your loss of your husband a few years ago and Thanksgiving being an important milestone that you experienced with him moving into your home. My heart goes out to you.

44forever
11-30-2013, 09:51 PM
My second question, can I meet my 8 ounces of meat protein daily by eating 4 oz. of chicken at lunch then 4 oz. of meat at dinner?

Hey Alaskan77, yes you can split up you meat into two meals (or more) it you want.

I have been in jobs that I had to shiftwork (I am in the canadian forces) and I have also been to Bosnia and Afghanistan so I know what it is like to only have certain foods available to eat. I have never been on a diet while deployed but funny thing is, I always manage to lose pounds when I am away from home. Whether it be for a few weeks or for 6 months or more, I only have to think about what I have to eat vice what my husband will eat.....I actually quit smoking overseas too. Again, I only had to worry about me.

Good luck and keep us posted on how you do with the shift working.:)

Fitness Magazine
11-30-2013, 09:55 PM
Stay motivated!<a href="http://www.fitnesshealthrx.com/">

SkinnyChiz
11-30-2013, 10:15 PM
Well here I am... Day 2 on the IP, feeling good. Lots of questions with many of the answers here on the site.
Here is my dilemma, I work on the North Slope of Alaska in a camp setting 2 weeks on at work and the 2 weeks off at home. Is there any one on here that has this type of work schedule and how successful were they on this program?

Hi there, I work shift work too. I am home next week. The first day home is buying groceries. I have my ip meals planned out for the time Im home. Same when I go to work. I live in Northern alberta. I know how camp life works...You have to use your IP meals. add an extra one to help you out!
Good luck !
I wish you well

Harleygirl58
12-01-2013, 03:14 AM
Hello to All - I'm happy to join this thread to comment on my success so far. This is my first post too. First week was a little tough. I had a few very hungry times and basically would just keep guzzling water to chase it away. I should have just had an extra IP drink to get me through. I find it helps a lot. I've averaged 3 lbs per week. On my 3rd week I only lost .8 and I realized it on weigh in day that I had eaten 2 restricted foods on 3 days. Drrrr. I forgot that some of the breakfast items are restricted like the Maple Oatmeal, Pancakes and Cereal and I had restricted snacks in the evening too. Lesson learned the hard way. I've survived a pot luck lunch at work, party at my own house, Thanksgiving, and a Pizza night. Very proud of myself. I'm planning ahead and bringing my own IP food and salad dressing when I can.
I have a suggestion for you all. I bought Keto sticks at the drugstore ($12) to monitor myself to make sure I'm staying in ketosis. They're used by diabetics to test their urine. I've been testing myself everyday. I'm amazed at how easy it is to push yourself out of ketosis by eating too many carbs even if you are sticking to plan. I love the double chocolate brownie but I think it has too many carbs for me. I'm going to limit myself to only one of those in a week and other restricted snacks in general. I really like some of them but not enough to undermine my weight loss. My sweet tooth has always been my biggest problem but I'm finding I'm not craving like I use to now that the sugar is out of my body. I'm satisfied with a pudding or the jello. By the way - the Raspberry Jelly (it's really jello) and it's a great substitute for cranberry or apple sauce if you're eating Turkey, Pork or Chicken.
I'll be following this thread to see how all of us November IP's are doing. It's a great motivator! My goal is 22 by Christmas!

sologirl
12-01-2013, 01:43 PM
Im down another 4 pounds for a total of 19 since starting Nov 1st!!!! Wow I've never lost close to 20 pounds in one month in my life :). Im so excited to actually loose this weight for good!

OohLexi
12-01-2013, 09:22 PM
Yay! Welcome Harley! I love the IP restricted foods.. they satisfy my need for snackage. lol However, I think I'm going to save those for rough weeks if I feel the need for a "cheat"... that way it isn't a cheat. So.. I think when I order my food for this week, it's all jello and pudding and the RTD Chocolate. Sounds like a plan to me. BTW... Harley.. way to go and not give in! Congrats on those personal victories! ♥

44forever
12-01-2013, 10:49 PM
Is anyone else loving the recipes? I am having so much fun. I have tried at least 1/2 dozen or so of the muffin recipes. I really missed my muffins and I don't anymore. I haven't made a recipe yet that wasn't nummy.

I also luv the cauli mashed with the soup packets. I have also realized quite quickly that I would rather have cooked vegies than raw...unless I am having a salad. But when I have a salad I really try to have a few oz's of chicken with it so that I don't miss the dressing. I do not like any of the WF dressings so when the chicken is almost cooked, I mix up a bit of dijon mustard, soy sauce and water and put it in with the chicken. After it is heated I take it off the stove, let it sit for a few min and then pour it over my lettuce and vegies. It keeps me eating my lettuce.

What is you favorite dish?

wosmama
12-03-2013, 03:43 PM
YOU GUYS YOU GUYS YOU GUYS.

I LOST -5.8 ON WI#2!!!!

I have never, EVER lost weight this quickly before.

Two weeks and 11 lbs down!!!

44forever
12-03-2013, 08:03 PM
Awesome wosmama!!

I am loving this too!

calypso58
12-03-2013, 10:51 PM
YOU GUYS YOU GUYS YOU GUYS.

I LOST -5.8 ON WI#2!!!!

I have never, EVER lost weight this quickly before.

Two weeks and 11 lbs down!!!

Way to go wosmama! You are a rock star! :carrot:

lisa32989
12-03-2013, 11:46 PM
I have a suggestion for you all. I bought Keto sticks at the drugstore ($12) to monitor myself to make sure I'm staying in ketosis. They're used by diabetics to test their urine. I've been testing myself everyday. I'm amazed at how easy it is to push yourself out of ketosis by eating too many carbs even if you are sticking to plan. I love the double chocolate brownie but I think it has too many carbs for me. I'm going to limit myself to only one of those in a week and other restricted snacks in general. I really like some of them but not enough to undermine my weight loss. My sweet tooth has always been my biggest problem but I'm finding I'm not craving like I use to now that the sugar is out of my body. I'm satisfied with a pudding or the jello. By the way - the Raspberry Jelly (it's really jello) and it's a great substitute for cranberry or apple sauce if you're eating Turkey, Pork or Chicken.
I'll be following this thread to see how all of us November IP's are doing. It's a great motivator! My goal is 22 by Christmas!
I highly suggest NOT using ketostix
They aren't that accurate AND as your body acclimates to Ketosis, you'll start burning ketones, rather than excreting them in urine. You'll still be in Ketosis but it won't show up.

Until then your best readings are in the morning. A lot of water will dilute readings.

If you follow that plan, you're IN Ketosis. No need to monitor another thing. Spend your energy menu planning, instead.

tonyiiiafl
12-04-2013, 04:48 AM
I started on the 17th. As of weigh in last night I am down 17 pounds. It can be done!:carrot:

drd1961
12-04-2013, 07:29 AM
I agree. I am in my 6th week(I started at the end of October so my first week ended in November) and since I did not have a weigh in last week(Doctor office was closed due to Thanksgiving) and am quickly moving out of my size 10 jeans and into 8's and just bought a great dress to wear to my company party next week to remind me to stay away from the goodies!

On top of that one of the main reason I decided on this program was the anti-inflammatory properties of the diet. I had already begun to reduce carbs on my own because of this and this program totally quick started that. At age 52 I am facing double hip replacement in my future due to a congenital defect. Reducing inflammation can help me push that off a bit as does losing the weight. It allows me to be as active as possible, and frankly I find this relatively easy. Having a coach is great. Not so alone when everyone is chowing down(I work with mostly guys and right before Thanksgiving they decided pie apocalypse was in order and had 20 pies and ice cream in the break room. I had none!)

calypso58
12-04-2013, 07:49 AM
Congrats toniiiafl! You are doing great!

Great attitude drd1961! Buying special clothes is definitely reminding me to stay OP!

:carrot:

finale
12-04-2013, 03:31 PM
I started on November 13 and had done really well I lost 9 pounds my first week. I hit an all time low for weight loss off 229 on Wednesday the day before Thanksgiving and all I can say is the OLD ME came back. I am big into sabotage of myself and with Thanksgiving weekend. I did good on Thanksgiving but all that time at home with my family and stress of hearing certain things triggered the sabotage into gear. I am jumping back on the wagon today and need to work on a strategy to keep myself from self sabotage again. I am going to become a pain in my friends ear with text messages to keep myself on the right track.
Here is to round two of starting and staying on track. I really like the way that I feel when I know the weight is coming off. They say that losing weight taste better than gaining weight and I think I am believing them.

OohLexi
12-04-2013, 05:05 PM
My second weigh in... annnnd down another 6.5 pounds and 3 inches.. that makes 21 pounds total and 8 inches. I'm so happy and excited. Totally makes saying no to stuffing and mashed potatoes worth it. ♥

calypso58
12-04-2013, 10:07 PM
My second weigh in... annnnd down another 6.5 pounds and 3 inches.. that makes 21 pounds total and 8 inches. I'm so happy and excited. Totally makes saying no to stuffing and mashed potatoes worth it. ♥

Yay for you! Great results OohLexi! :carrot::carrot:

SkinnyChiz
12-06-2013, 05:01 AM
Hello all, I have been away for a few days . With that many challenges. I'm trying my best the make the best decisions. I have my shaker and a couple of packs in my purse at all times. I had to go to restaurants . Picked out a delicious kale salad today ! I thought to my self would have I picked this one month ago ....probably not. I think life needs challenges . Can't beat yourself up if your not 100% . Hope everyone is having a great week !

OohLexi
12-06-2013, 04:25 PM
Hello all, I have been away for a few days . With that many challenges. I'm trying my best the make the best decisions. I have my shaker and a couple of packs in my purse at all times. I had to go to restaurants . Picked out a delicious kale salad today ! I thought to my self would have I picked this one month ago ....probably not. I think life needs challenges . Can't beat yourself up if your not 100% . Hope everyone is having a great week !

Sounds like you're keeping yourself prepared! That's awesome.

I have trouble getting all my meals in and eating enough vegetables. All the protein is just so filling, I'm not really hungry. :?: Plus, my crazy schedule doesn't help too much with that. BUT! Finals are coming up this week, so hopefully everything will calm down. :dizzy:

finale
12-06-2013, 07:14 PM
I am so excited I hit 227 today:). This really works I need to stay op this weekend.

SkinnyChiz
12-06-2013, 08:43 PM
I am so excited I hit 227 today:). This really works I need to stay op this weekend.

Great job !

finale
12-07-2013, 01:56 AM
Went to a movie tonight with my son, no popcorn or pop. All I can say is I could smell tge candy and popcorn others were eating its crazy tge things you can smell.

44forever
12-07-2013, 10:24 AM
Hello everyone!!

So excited to say that I am down another 4.8lbs and 4 inches today!! Luv this program!!

drd1961
12-07-2013, 10:52 AM
Went to a movie tonight with my son, no popcorn or pop. All I can say is I could smell tge candy and popcorn others were eating its crazy tge things you can smell.

We went to a movie the day after Thanksgiving and the popcorn smell was so strong. I have it on my mental list to do a movie on P4 mandatory cheat day so I can have some popcorn!

sunshine1986
12-07-2013, 11:53 AM
I am not a November start but restart. I did the plan a couple years ago & did not phase off, just stopped going. I gained most all my weight back & it took me 2 years to get really mad at myself before coming back. Been on plan since early November. Just had my 3rd weigh in and hit my first goal of 10 lbs lost! Lost 4 lbs the 1st & 2nd week. The clinic was closed last week during Thanksgiving so yesterday was my 3rd WI. Was thrilled to hit 10lbs!
Second time around is not so easy to see the drops. The first time I did this plan I was down almost 20 lbs by this point, but I'm not getting discouraged. My goal now us another 10 by Christmas & 12 by New Years. Possible? Sure hope so. Was checking in on another board but there hasn't been a lot of activity & I need to hear about others successes & struggles to help with my own, so here I am. Sounds like most of you are doing plan for the first time & that's fantastic!!!! As you have figured out, the results are worth the $$$$. Have a good weekend!

calypso58
12-07-2013, 12:20 PM
Congrats 44forever and sunshine1986 on your awesome results!

I had WI 3 this week and lost 1.8. It was kind of a bummer because it was 8 days instead of 7 and I was so OP good over Thanksgiving. But, the readout showed and amazing 5.4 pounds of fat loss. My coach says since I am losing the fat, my body is holding onto the water. Another inch gone too.

My biggest issue that my coach can't figure out is that I'm still always hungry. We are going to try switching lunch and dinner and see if that helps at all.

Have a great OP weekend and stay warm!

finale
12-07-2013, 04:36 PM
How do you make turnip fries???
roasted cauliflower?

44forever
12-07-2013, 04:48 PM
Finale, Lisa has a link to all the recipes in the IP Chat thread (the first post). I went thru them all and made myself a cookbook. I am clerical so I always go overboard on everything I do and I changed all the fonts to the same so that all recipes have the same look. I would like to post it somewhere so that everyone can use it, but I wouldn't know how to do it. Can anyone tell me how I would do this?

If you are on Pinterest, check out my ideal protein board. It has both recipes that you are looking for and many more. My name is Heather Breton.:)

44forever
12-07-2013, 05:04 PM
Calypso58, 5.4 lbs of fat loss.......awesome!:D Hope the coach figures out why you are hungry. Do you drink a big glass of water to see if it subsides? She probably has asked you that already. I have a bit of a hiccup as well. Almost every morning I wake up with a slight headache across my eyebrows. Once I am up for 5 minutes it is gone without a need for drugs but it drives me nuts because it is there almost every morning. I even started downing a couple of glasses of water just before bedtime with no avail.

Sunshine96. This is my second kick at the cat. The first time I got down to 199lbs and then went home. I was on duty and away from home when I did the IP and when I returned home, I just went off it and gained back the lbs and way more over the last 1 1/2 yrs.

Finale, congrats!:carrot:

OohLexi
12-07-2013, 06:42 PM
I so love Pinterest! I just found a recipe I have baking right now for Herb and Garlic Potato Rolls... I'm totally craving something breadish. lol ♥

OohLexi
12-07-2013, 06:44 PM
Also.. I hate to admit this.. but I'm terrible at taking those damn vitamins. I'm sure they're extremely important for a multitude of reasons.. considering I'm in a pre-nursing program I should know this... but I can't seem to make myself take the damn things. Any suggestions?

I feel like my bowels aren't moving properly because of it. lol >.<

44forever
12-07-2013, 08:22 PM
Also.. I hate to admit this.. but I'm terrible at taking those damn vitamins. Any suggestions? >.<

Someone probably already mentioned this to you but I bought a pill dispenser that has an AM and PM which helps. That way I split my pills up and even if I end up taking the snack one at supper, at least I took it.

OohLexi
12-07-2013, 09:23 PM
I thought about doing that... I'll pick one of those up in the morning. ♥

calypso58
12-07-2013, 10:08 PM
Also.. I hate to admit this.. but I'm terrible at taking those damn vitamins. I'm sure they're extremely important for a multitude of reasons.. considering I'm in a pre-nursing program I should know this... but I can't seem to make myself take the damn things. Any suggestions?

I also have an AM PM pill box. My coach has me take the two multi vitamins in the morning and the rest in the evening so it's really easy. I take the morning with breakfast and the evening with the snack.

SkinnyChiz
12-09-2013, 01:06 AM
Hey ladies, I have my 3 WI tomorrow. Tomorrow is my 1 month !
I have been feeling good. Even after travelling! A few challeges while I was away.
How's everyone making out?
Made some delicious muffins today . My new favorite!

SkinnyChiz
12-09-2013, 03:47 PM
WI 3 today! 16.6 lbs down ! 13 inches bye bye!

44forever
12-09-2013, 05:22 PM
WI 3 today! 16.6 lbs down ! 13 inches bye bye!

Way to kick butt SkinnyChiz!:carrot::carrot:

Our stats are pretty similar, funny.

wosmama
12-09-2013, 08:32 PM
oh man i had a rough week. I have awful PMS and today TOM showed up. And, as usual, the minute it actually gets here, I feel better. But all week I was HUNGRY. I mean HUNGRY. I had something extra every day... a couple oz of meat, a cup of veg, a supplement, etc. And I doubt I'm down at all.

I am realizing that every single plan I go on, I quit in week 3. And it's all related to my cycle. The first week was fine, and the closer it got to my period the hungrier I got. I'm not sure if I should just plan that one week a month I eat an extra supplement and try not to gain instead of try to lose, or what. I'm proud of myself for not bingeing on whatever carbs I can get my hands on, but I mean I have been MISERABLE this week. WI tmw am.

finale
12-09-2013, 09:23 PM
Hello all I totally enjoyed my dinner tonight I used Sugar Free Walden Farms thousand Island dressing and ate turkey burgers and lettuce with it...It was a great dinner, who needs carbs anyway...

idahogirl4
12-09-2013, 11:44 PM
Hi all,

I started on Nov 29th, so just barely in November. Everything has been going very good so far.

What's your favorite meal ? I like the chocolate drink. I tried the artisan bread with the potato puree, but I am still not sure what I thought about it.

How's your body feeling ? My body is feeling good (so far)

Challenges? Feeding a large family and not snacking or being tempted.

My goals : 15 by Christmas and feeling better about myself. I have been really hard on myself.

I am really optimistic about the overall diet.

wosmama
12-10-2013, 11:29 AM
well after my really rough week, i'm down 1.4 lbs. better than nothing.

OohLexi
12-10-2013, 01:05 PM
I had a rough week this week too. WI 3 is tomorrow, I'm kinda dreading it. It's been crazy stressful with exams this week and then being snowed in. I caved and had a small bag of cheetos... which I don't think pulled me out of ketosis.. bc I still have that gross taste in my mouth that I can't seem to get rid of. Either way... it was a moment of weakness and I'm back OP.. just :/ I also know for sure that I haven't eaten enough this week. Didn't get all my meals in everyday and whatnot. But.. tomorrow is a new day and a new week. ♥ I'll be sure to post my results positive or negative tomorrow.

kpw30
12-10-2013, 01:13 PM
Hi all,

I started on Nov 29th, so just barely in November. Everything has been going very good so far.

What's your favorite meal ? I like the chocolate drink. I tried the artisan bread with the potato puree, but I am still not sure what I thought about it.

How's your body feeling ? My body is feeling good (so far)

Challenges? Feeding a large family and not snacking or being tempted.

My goals : 15 by Christmas and feeling better about myself. I have been really hard on myself.

I am really optimistic about the overall diet.
Welcome!

My favorite meal so far is the past with a couple of cherry tomatoes, olive oil & salt/pepper.

Most difficult thing thus far is cooking two meals most nights. I'm still figuring out ways to prepare the meat so that my whole family will be able to eat it, and in the meantime, I'm making two dinners quite frequently.

kpw30
12-10-2013, 01:15 PM
oh man i had a rough week. I have awful PMS and today TOM showed up. And, as usual, the minute it actually gets here, I feel better. But all week I was HUNGRY. I mean HUNGRY. I had something extra every day... a couple oz of meat, a cup of veg, a supplement, etc. And I doubt I'm down at all.

I am realizing that every single plan I go on, I quit in week 3. And it's all related to my cycle. The first week was fine, and the closer it got to my period the hungrier I got. I'm not sure if I should just plan that one week a month I eat an extra supplement and try not to gain instead of try to lose, or what. I'm proud of myself for not bingeing on whatever carbs I can get my hands on, but I mean I have been MISERABLE this week. WI tmw am.

Way to go for keeping on going! I struggled big time last week, felt starving all the time. I had an extra packet twice. That was my first week feeling like that.

I had a rough week this week too. WI 3 is tomorrow, I'm kinda dreading it. It's been crazy stressful with exams this week and then being snowed in. I caved and had a small bag of cheetos... which I don't think pulled me out of ketosis.. bc I still have that gross taste in my mouth that I can't seem to get rid of. Either way... it was a moment of weakness and I'm back OP.. just :/ I also know for sure that I haven't eaten enough this week. Didn't get all my meals in everyday and whatnot. But.. tomorrow is a new day and a new week. ♥ I'll be sure to post my results positive or negative tomorrow.

Good luck tomorrow! Congrats to you both for continuing on your journeys! :)

vzubie
12-10-2013, 10:02 PM

I hear ya! I have WI 3 tomorrow as well and I'm afraid of what the scale will say. I've had a very stressful week dealing with my mom in the hospital and trying to get my parents into a nursing home. Found it hard to stay OP while at the hospital because I wasn't prepared to go and had a few drinks over the weekend. Fingers crossed for both of us! Congrats on your weight loss so far! :carrot:

OohLexi
12-11-2013, 10:12 AM
Thank ya vzubie! Congrats on yours as well ♥

Sorry to hear about all the home stress.. I know that is a rough thing to go through. :hug:

vzubie
12-11-2013, 12:50 PM

Thank ya vzubie! Congrats on yours as well ♥

Sorry to hear about all the home stress.. I know that is a rough thing to go through. :hug:

Thanks Oohlexi. I stayed the same, so I'll take it - how about you?

finale
12-11-2013, 01:00 PM
Hello all I am so excited I had my second weigh in since I started on 11-13-13 and I am down a total of 20 pounds since I started on Ideal Protein. I am so pumped and I am eager to see the little goals I set for myself get achieved. I am starting to exercise 2 x's a day and I think that is really helping me. I need to keep shocking my system so it knows I want the fat to go away. My coach was so excited and said imagine what you can accomplish in a couple more months.
I really appreciate all of you on this site. It definately makes this journey easier.

vzubie
12-11-2013, 01:09 PM
Hello all I am so excited I had my second weigh in since I started on 11-13-13 and I am down a total of 20 pounds since I started on Ideal Protein. I am so pumped and I am eager to see the little goals I set for myself get achieved. I am starting to exercise 2 x's a day and I think that is really helping me. I need to keep shocking my system so it knows I want the fat to go away. My coach was so excited and said imagine what you can accomplish in a couple more months.
I really appreciate all of you on this site. It definately makes this journey easier.

Wow!! Way to go!! You will definitely accomplish any goals that you have set for yourself! Keep up the awesome job!! :hug:

finale
12-11-2013, 01:44 PM
My next goal is to reach 220 by next Friday. Then maybe by the first week January I will hit the 210....I am trying to remember that inches matter just as much as weight and I need to stay away from the scale and only weigh a couple times a week. The scale can be a good friend but a bad one tooo....

Keep up the good work out there fellow IPers and we can accomplish this goal of changing our lives for a better healthier us.

OohLexi
12-11-2013, 01:49 PM
Went to my dreaded weigh in today... was super pleasantly surprised to see another 7.5 pounds off the scale! So.. in 3 weeks I've lost 28.5 pounds. It's amazing and makes me feel so much better about myself and the decisions I made over the last week!

Keep up the good work IPers.. and thank you for being such an incredible support and motivation for me! ♥ :hug:

SkinnyChiz
12-11-2013, 04:28 PM
Went to my dreaded weigh in today... was super pleasantly surprised to see another 7.5 pounds off the scale! So.. in 3 weeks I've lost 28.5 pounds. It's amazing and makes me feel so much better about myself and the decisions I made over the last week!

Keep up the good work IPers.. and thank you for being such an incredible support and motivation for me! ♥ :hug:

That's great ! Keep up the good work !

44forever
12-11-2013, 04:42 PM

What!! I think I need to go buy a bag a cheetos......hee hee!! Way to go OohLexi!:carrot: Almost 30 lbs in 3 weeks.....wow!!

vzubie - you didn't gain...way to go! Now, I might need you to say the same thing to me on Friday.:^: It doesn't look like my scale at home is going down at all, and my normal WI is suppose to be on Saturday but my coach asked me to come in on Friday instead.

calypso58
12-11-2013, 07:29 PM
Had WI 4 today. I'm down another 3.8 pounds for a total of 15 since starting. I put on a skirt that didn't fit me a month ago, and it's almost too loose to wear! My clinic is having a contest to see who can lose the most percentage of fat over the holidays and I am leading the contest right now. I'm down 11.5 pounds of fat in the past 4 weeks. I'm sooooo over the moon with the results!

:carrot::carrot::carrot:

calypso58
12-11-2013, 07:34 PM
WTG OohLexi and finale! You are doing so great!!!! :bravo::cheer3::cheer2:

vzubie
12-11-2013, 10:43 PM
What!! I think I need to go buy a bag a cheetos......hee hee!! Way to go OohLexi!:carrot: Almost 30 lbs in 3 weeks.....wow!!

vzubie - you didn't gain...way to go! Now, I might need you to say the same thing to me on Friday.:^: It doesn't look like my scale at home is going down at all, and my normal WI is suppose to be on Saturday but my coach asked me to come in on Friday instead.

I'm here for you 44forever! I have a feeling you'll do great! Please keep me posted!

OohLexi! Way to go!! You had nothing to worry about!

We are doing amazing November IP'ers!

may1954
12-13-2013, 10:05 AM
I have lost 4lbs in the past 4 weeks since restarting in November. Have not been able to stay on my eating plan...let emotions carry me away several times off the plan. Trying to hang in and hope that the great motivation and determination I had last year at this time kicks in...but in the meantime I do not want to be gaining. It's so motivating to see everyones fantastic losses over the past month ! I feel thankful to be moving in the right direction again although not perfect. Just small steps in the right direction is ok with me right now, I'm really struggling but will keep moving forward and hope to do better.

44forever
12-13-2013, 10:26 AM
may1954 - it sounds like you have great determination to stay OP, hang in there and the weight loss will come. :hug:

calypso58 - excellent W4 WI!!:carrot:

Very happy with my results for W5 WI....2.8lbs and .75 inches!! Woot Woot!!:cool: I even surpassed the xmas challenge but I haven't updated that ticker yet....yeah!!

Let's go Novemberites!!!!!:D

calypso58
12-13-2013, 11:52 AM
Very happy with my results for W5 WI....2.8lbs and .75 inches!! Woot Woot!!:cool: I even surpassed the xmas challenge but I haven't updated that ticker yet....yeah!!

Let's go Novemberites!!!!!:D

Awesome results 44forever! Watching you and the others make me even more determined to make it! :celebrate::celebrate:

finale
12-14-2013, 12:57 AM
Help oh help, I have great parents but my parents live out of town and now when they come back for a week the majority of time is spent at one siblings house and my family tends to ge the day before they fly back home. There are promises made to my kids and they always get broken...I just got a message that my mother is coming home on the 27 of December for a week. I feel ashamed to say this but it ruined my whole night. I am already freaking out due to the stress that comes with the visiting of my parents. I am trying to find a way to protect my family from the dissapointments that come when my parents come to town. I am finally doing well with my weight, workouts, and self esteem. My sister just had the gastric sleeve procedure done and she has been hard on my daughter and me over our weight for many years. I don;t want to be compared to her, and I don't want to be stressed out over this situation. I am needing help on how to get through this visit of my mother and seeing my sister after her surgery. I know she probably has lost over 60 pounds by now and she wants us all to go out to eat but I don't feel this is a situation that is good for me or my daughter. Help help help....I want to stay OP and not loose my footings in this weightloss battle and change of life I am making for myself.....Suggestions welcome.....

finale
12-14-2013, 01:01 AM
I feel the small steps are what matter they will continue in our life and in time they will help us use food differently. I am also an emotional eater and now is extremely hard but I need to learn that it is usually not worth it to eat something.
I feel this plan and website is so important for us trying to make a new lifestyle change for the future and to enjoy life longer......

calypso58
12-14-2013, 10:27 AM
Help oh help, I have great parents but my parents live out of town and now when they come back for a week the majority of time is spent at one siblings house and my family tends to ge the day before they fly back home. There are promises made to my kids and they always get broken...I just got a message that my mother is coming home on the 27 of December for a week. I feel ashamed to say this but it ruined my whole night. I am already freaking out due to the stress that comes with the visiting of my parents. I am trying to find a way to protect my family from the dissapointments that come when my parents come to town. I am finally doing well with my weight, workouts, and self esteem. My sister just had the gastric sleeve procedure done and she has been hard on my daughter and me over our weight for many years. I don;t want to be compared to her, and I don't want to be stressed out over this situation. I am needing help on how to get through this visit of my mother and seeing my sister after her surgery. I know she probably has lost over 60 pounds by now and she wants us all to go out to eat but I don't feel this is a situation that is good for me or my daughter. Help help help....I want to stay OP and not loose my footings in this weightloss battle and change of life I am making for myself.....Suggestions welcome.....
Finale, you are doing so great on IP. You are doing this for you and you are taking control of your life. Remember that and don't let anyone bring you off of your true goal. Your sister chose her method of weight loss, and you chose your way to approach it. It's a personal journey for each of us.

On my journey, the only time I've lost weight is when I had a huge crisis in my life that caused me to not eat. It has always involved a man letting me down in a very bad way. This is the first time I have taken control and I am doing this for the right reasons. I feel so empowered.

You are empowered and nobody can take that power away from you unless you give it. Remember that first and foremost, especially over the holidays. As you find new exciting ways to make IP compliant food, you can make a new challenge to learn to eat out and stay OP. Make it a challenge to go out to eat with your family.

finale
12-14-2013, 02:04 PM
Thanks for the advice it is already helping.

wosmama
12-14-2013, 03:00 PM
we are traveling for Christmas and I have NO IDEA what to do. Haven't traveled on this diet before. We are staying at my (super skinny) sister's house.

calypso58
12-14-2013, 05:24 PM
we are traveling for Christmas and I have NO IDEA what to do. Haven't traveled on this diet before. We are staying at my (super skinny) sister's house.

I've seen where others mail their IP products to wherever they are travelling. I'm spending the holidays with friends. They are aware and are supportive of my diet and are making lists of veggies and proteins to buy to help me. Maybe you can enlist your sister to help you.

SkinnyChiz
12-14-2013, 07:51 PM
4 degrees here! that's what we call warming up in the north! EAting pancakes for supper! love the cereal recipe. Slept till 1 pm . Good day. I'm on my TOM, no big cravings yet.....I know cheese isn't allowed aloud but I make up parm or cheddar crisps on parchment paper as my quick no carb snack. easy to travel with. hard boiled eggs can travel easily too!
Happy weekend!

finale
12-14-2013, 08:14 PM
calypso58 thanks so much for the advice...

Harleygirl58
12-16-2013, 01:47 AM
Just want to say hi to all of my November IPers. Ive been very good with no intentional cheats. I did screw up on my 3rd week because I forgot that the maple oatmeal and pancakes are restricted and ate those 3 days and then had a restricted snack after dinner. I only lost .8 that week and I didnt know why till I looked at my journal and realized it. I also think I need to stay away from the brownie. It's higher in carbs and seems to push me out of ketosis. I had 2 weeks I only lost a little over a lb and I think that was why. Weekends have been hard to get my 4 c of veggies and water in cause ive been xmas shopping and gone all day. I do bring a Ip drink and bar with me for lunçh and snack to keep me from going Op. During the week I'm so good. It frustrates me to think that those 2 days keep my weight loss down. BUT I am doing great in inches. Down. From 12 to a 10 and hopefully will be in my 8s by Xmas. I don't want to buy any till then but I did have to buy 1 pair of black slacks for work since I'm down to 2 pairs of pants that fit me. So keep up the fight and remember; nothing tastes as good as skinny feels. (My mantra)

finale
12-16-2013, 01:15 PM
Yea way to go OohLExi

wosmama
12-17-2013, 09:12 AM
ONEDERLAND!!!!!!!!

Down 4 lbs this week!

Goal was onederland before Christmas!!! YAYYYY

finale
12-17-2013, 11:40 AM
I want to hit 219 by Friday, I am currently at 221.9....I am staying on the journey and hoping the next couple of days will show me some results.....
I do weigh in tomorrow and want to see that number. I am so goofy about weigh in that I even want to wear shorts because they weigh less than dress pants or jeans...

finale
12-19-2013, 10:16 AM
Good Morning everyone I just had my weekly weigh in at my house due to having to cancel my official apt yesterday. I hit 218, I was so shocked I have been sitting at 221 for quite a while.....I am so excited and I was able to do this and make it happen. I am proud of myself I was able to see my sister and we both told each other how good we looked we are both doing the weight loss journey. I was worried about seeing her and noticing that she was alot smaller than me. I am ok all I wanted to do was eat after I saw her but I dealt with it.....
I am so excited for xmas I am going to make baked cauliflower and some green beans for myself...I can eat turkey and lots of lettuce I will be good. I want to hit 199 by January 1st. I know this is a huge goal but why not aim for the stars. It I don't meet that goal I know I will obtain it in January...

Thanks to all of you for being on this site and helping me on this journey.

44forever
12-19-2013, 03:44 PM
Way to go finale!

My WI is tomorrow.........keeping my fingers crossed but not expecting great results because I cheated for the first time a few days ago....my willpower was down and so was my mood. Hopefully it won't be too bad.

finale
12-19-2013, 05:17 PM
44forever. I think sometimes we need to remember we are human and we just turn around and get back OP all will be ok. It's one day not a week of cheating. Keep up the goodwork.

OohLexi
12-19-2013, 05:57 PM
Eh.. my weigh in was yesterday. I was disappointed to only lose .5 pounds... however it was the first day of TOM... so maybe that had a little something to do with it. I still lost 3 inches, so I guess I can't be toooooo upset. 29 pounds in 4 weeks is still pretty awesome.

calypso58
12-19-2013, 09:40 PM
Congratulations finale and OohLexi! You both are doing so great. I lost .6 at my 5th WI yesterday but lost 2.5 inches so I'm not complaining. I was also suffering the big C so I'm not upset about the results. I just want this weight gone!

:present: All I want for Christmas is more pounds gone! :present:

fishnchik
12-20-2013, 01:32 AM
Just wanted to pop in and say that I have been in a stall for the past two weeks. I thought I was doing everything right but after good losses initially, the scale just wasn't moving for me. Until this week. In five weeks I've lost 27 lbs.

Not gonna lie....it was tough to stay committed and disciplined when the scale wasn't moving. I ketp thinking "This is too hard to not be losing." But I did so well the first few weeks that I hung in and didn't dip on myself.

And I'm so glad. I'm not posting this to brag, but so that any others might find it encouraging if they are in a stall. I searched this forum many times to try to figure out what was going on. I still don't know what it was...but things are moving in the right direction now. 6 weeks ago I would have never dreamed I would be in this position by Christmas!

calypso58
12-20-2013, 08:16 AM
Just wanted to pop in and say that I have been in a stall for the past two weeks. I thought I was doing everything right but after good losses initially, the scale just wasn't moving for me. Until this week. In five weeks I've lost 27 lbs.

Not gonna lie....it was tough to stay committed and disciplined when the scale wasn't moving. I ketp thinking "This is too hard to not be losing." But I did so well the first few weeks that I hung in and didn't dip on myself.

And I'm so glad. I'm not posting this to brag, but so that any others might find it encouraging if they are in a stall. I searched this forum many times to try to figure out what was going on. I still don't know what it was...but things are moving in the right direction now. 6 weeks ago I would have never dreamed I would be in this position by Christmas!

Yay fishnchik! Thanks for being an inspiration!:xcheer::xcheer:

44forever
12-20-2013, 11:23 AM
WI turned out positive!! Another 2.4 lbs and 2.5 inches....woot woot! So happy because I lost even though I had the cheat. This was an early christmas present to me!!

lisa32989
12-20-2013, 12:35 PM

This is where joining the daily chat and getting advice from a bigger group of folks and folks who have done the program longer may help. The daily chat really keeps 3FC-IP connected as a community!
Glad your stall broke!

Eh.. my weigh in was yesterday. I was disappointed to only lose .5 pounds... however it was the first day of TOM... so maybe that had a little something to do with it. I still lost 3 inches, so I guess I can't be toooooo upset. 29 pounds in 4 weeks is still pretty awesome.
You know that "only" when used to describe weight loss is a four-letter-word on this forum, correct?
We celebrate all losses!

SkinnyChiz
12-20-2013, 03:51 PM
WI yesterday ! Hit my 20 lbs down! I was a bit worried with TOM and travelling. Slow and steady works for me.
Next weight not till the New Year. I already know there will be a few off days. I'm planning ahead and staying 100% every day until then. Feeling great !
happy holidays!

fishnchik
12-20-2013, 05:39 PM
I was a bit worried with TOM and travelling. Slow and steady works for me.

Skinny, I have had the same issue. Traveling is really a challenge. AND i've been to 8 Christmas parties this year.....3 of them were buffets with nothing I could eat. Good thing I planned ahead and ate beforehand. I also take Cherry Limeade water flavoring and ask the bartender for water with lime. Then I fit right in with everyone having cocktails.

Great job on the slow and steady!

WI turned out positive!! Another 2.4 lbs and 2.5 inches....woot woot!
So proud for you!! I love your energy.

This is where joining the daily chat and getting advice from a bigger group of folks and folks who have done the program longer may help.

Thanks for the encouragement. I don't know why but I'm intimidated to join all of you seasoned IPers. It's silly I know. Although I have a high profile position in my company and business, I feel very vulnerable about this weight loss journey. Something I need to work out.

Calypso, thanks for your comment!

calypso58
12-20-2013, 06:38 PM
WI turned out positive!! Another 2.4 lbs and 2.5 inches....woot woot! So happy because I lost even though I had the cheat. This was an early christmas present to me!!

Way to go 44forever! :carrot:

WI yesterday ! Hit my 20 lbs down! I was a bit worried with TOM and travelling. Slow and steady works for me.
Next weight not till the New Year. I already know there will be a few off days. I'm planning ahead and staying 100% every day until then. Feeling great !
happy holidays!

Woo Hoo SkinnyChiz! :carrot:

I love it when the weigh ins show results!
Nancy

lisa32989
12-21-2013, 09:13 AM
fishnchik: We never used to have the monthly starters groups. Everyone just joined the daily chat and it was where everyone got their support. I highly encourage you to jump in there. It isn't just seasoned folks. There are newcomers too. Having one spot is how community is built!

Hiker88
12-21-2013, 09:52 AM
Thanks for the encouragement. I don't know why but I'm intimidated to join all of you seasoned IPers. It's silly I know. Although I have a high profile position in my company and business, I feel very vulnerable about this weight loss journey. Something I need to work out.

Calypso, thanks for your comment!

I'm so glad you joined the chat! Looking at your stats, you have become a seasoned IP'er yourself! Keep up the good work!

finale
12-24-2013, 07:33 PM
Ok the craziness with my mother is already starting and she is not even in town yet. She is a great mom but she just called to tell me she will be in town on Monday, December 30 and she is getting a hotel room with my sister's girls by herself. I told her by the time we get there after work it will be after 6pm and we have to work the next day and I feel that it won't work for my family.
I said why can't we see you on the weekend or Wed, New Years Day due to its a holiday for my family and no one will be working. She said Paua's (my sister's) daughter's dont know her. She said they are little and your children are older. I said that is not fair, because my kids are older they dont need to see you? She said I lived there when your kids were little and I don't see her kids. I said that has nothing to do with it. She said I will be up when Paula is not working. So she said will stay at my house on Thursday night before she flies out on Friday.
I really wish she would not tell us she is coming to town or just stay away. Her family doesn't have anything to do with her and treat her badly so she has said in the past that this is ok because this is how her family worked.
I am making a gameplan for the week while she is her and I will be on my schedule and if I see her I see her. She will not bring me down or sabatoge my weightloss success due to her and the crap she brings to town with her.
My game plan is to workout in the morning and evening each day to keep my stress level down and stay in control of my emotions. I will not let myself stressful eat while my mother is here.
Thanks for listening and being her when I am overwelmed and tired of my family and their selfishness.

calypso58
12-26-2013, 12:33 AM
Finale ~ I'm sorry you are having a hard time with your mom. Just remember that you can't control how others act, you can only control how you respond to it. Keep your cool and don't let the stress interfere with your progress. I hope your Christmas was fabulous. Hang in there!
Nancy

calypso58
12-26-2013, 12:40 AM
I had my 6 week WI on Monday instead of Wednesday due to the holiday. It was at the end of the day instead of before lunch, which is the usual, and I had had a lot of water that day so I expected the weight to increase. The scale showed a .4 pound gain. What bugged me was the scale showed a 2.8 pound fat gain. I don't understand but am looking forward to my next WI next Friday. I'm already down almost 5 pounds from Monday's WI. But I was so frustrated on Monday I just wanted to hang it all up. Glad I didn't :)

fishnchik
12-27-2013, 06:03 PM
Glad you hung in there Calypso. I can't imagine how you got a fat gain, but I bet anything it will go back to normal next week. The scale can be so finicky. This morning I weighed and about an hour later, after breakfast I was in my bathroom and just stepped on the scale again (i don't know why) and it weighed me a pound a half less!

fishnchik
12-27-2013, 06:06 PM
Finale, I hope things got better for you!

lisa32989
12-27-2013, 06:14 PM
I had my 6 week WI on Monday instead of Wednesday due to the holiday. It was at the end of the day instead of before lunch, which is the usual, and I had had a lot of water that day so I expected the weight to increase. The scale showed a .4 pound gain. What bugged me was the scale showed a 2.8 pound fat gain. I don't understand but am looking forward to my next WI next Friday. I'm already down almost 5 pounds from Monday's WI. But I was so frustrated on Monday I just wanted to hang it all up. Glad I didn't :)
Calypso
Those bio impedance scales aren't accurate so view the body composition with a grain of salt. You're doing great!

fishnchik
01-01-2014, 10:19 PM
How are all the November starts doing?

I'm partied out and ready to get back to my routine!

finale
01-03-2014, 03:52 PM
I am finally becoming someone that does not jump when people tell me to jump. Usually when my mother comes to town the time frame is set for me to see her around what my sister's schedule is and I usually just rearrange my families schedule to see my mother. In the past however the plans we make with her tend to be cancelled by her. So she called me and wanted to set up a time to see her and we set up Tuesday New Years Eve and had lunch plans. My daughter took work off and so did I and she cancelled, nothing new to us. Although my daughter was upset and crying I told her she will not ruin our day. Then my mother asked if we could do dinner on Thursday and I told her it would be around 7 due to me going to gym and my husband working until 6-630 and she texted and asked if we could go earlier and I told her this is the time that works for us thats what happens when your working around work schedules. She told me I was being silly and cancelled plans with us. Then I told her I would not dissapoint my children and she would have to tell them and she did. My kids were dissapointed again, and then she texted me and asked if I wanted to do lunch on Friday (today) and I told her my schedule for the day and I said we'll see. Then she called me at 8am this morning and wanted to know my plans and I said that I'm not going to do this anymore she has cancelled on us 2 x's now and she will not hurt me or my children anymore. I told her I'm not discussing this anymore due to her wanting me to get angry on the phone and start fighting that is what usually happens. Then I'm the bad guy and the disrespectful one. I'm not that person anymore.
Then she texted me and told me that I hurt her and I said that I'm not going to let her hurt my children and I anymore. I went to the gym and ate a good lunch and I have to be ok. I'm not going to be treated like a piece of trash anymore.
Her mother treated her badly and my dad would tell her to leave my mother alone and not call our hourse when I was growing up. I feel she thinks she can treat me the same way and I will not let that happen anymore.
I was going to go see her due to a family wedding in October but oh well we will see what happens. She flies home today and hopefully she won't come back now for a long time. I know this seems harsh but she just dissapoints my children and me and makes promises and doesnt keep them. I am saying enough is enough.

finale
01-03-2014, 09:28 PM
Tonight I made Cayenne chicken Alfredo with Broccoli slaw as noodles it was amazing......and filling

Harleygirl58
01-26-2014, 11:34 PM
I haven't logged in for a few week so thought I'd give my update. I have done very well on IP. Joined on 10/29 but didn't get started till 11/1. I've lost 22 and maybe 24 if all goes well at my weigh in tomorrow. Lost almost 18 inches too. I am having a knee replacement on 2/14 and have decided to move to phase 2 as of last week and then phase 3 the week of my surgery. I don't want to be in ketosis and want to be sure I'm getting enough calories (healthy ones) while taking the pain meds which will be heavy duty. I've experienced terrible nausea in the past when I took the meds without enough food in my stomach. That said - I'm less than 10 lbs from my goal weight and hope that I can still continue to lose if I basically eat right and stay away from the sweets and bad carbs. At least now I have got my portions under control and feel I can introduce real food without going over board. I'll continue to repeat my mantra "nothing tastes as good as skinny feels" to keep my head in the game. I truly haven't looked this good in several years. I've gone from a 12 to an 8 and feel great. My husband, friends and family are so happy for me and have given me so much support over the last 2 1/2 months as I navigated the Holiday parties with them all. Very few cheats since I've been on IP and only recently have I had any alcohol on 2 occasions. I'm not a big drinker but do drink socially most weekends. It's been a bit of a challenge to sit at bars or house parties with my glass of lemon water or sparkling ICE coconut pineapple drinks making it look like I'm partaking. : ) Even harder for me was bypassing all those desserts.... I will tell you though FYI... twice I cheated and had a no sugar added dessert (1. Chocolate Mouse Parfait 2. Kiddie size Ice Cream) - within a half hour or so I had diareea so bad I didn't think I'd make it to the bathroom. No sugar added does not mean it's okay to have it. Our bodies are not use to the fat and carbs that are in those types of desserts. I learned my lesson -- steering clear of that type of stuff for now until my system readjusts. I have been reading about a lot of different diet plans and am looking to continue in a low carb lifestyle but adding in whole grains, some fruit, nuts and low fat dairy. My husband has lost 30 lbs in less time than it's taken me to lose 24 by counting Weight Watcher points. I may even go that route. I'm a lifetime member and have always believed it to be the healthiest weight loss plan out there BUT it takes forever to lose it. I did IP to get the pounds off quickly with the intention of then eating a balanced diet to maintain. I do want to take off the additional weight so if I find I'm not continuing to lose over the next 2 months.... I'll be back on IP April 1st. Bathing suit season will be here before we know it and I do not want to be the fat chick at the beach this year like I've been the last several years. Not necessarily going to be in a bikini but certainly looking good in my tankini is my goal. Keep up the good work my fellow IP'ers. No one said it was going to be easy but it is definitely worth it.

Bellamack
01-26-2014, 11:43 PM
I haven't logged in for a few week so thought I'd give my update. I have done very well on IP. Joined on 10/29 but didn't get started till 11/1. I've lost 22 and maybe 24 if all goes well at my weigh in tomorrow. Lost almost 18 inches too. I am having a knee replacement on 2/14 and have decided to move to phase 2 as of last week and then phase 3 the week of my surgery. I don't want to be in ketosis and want to be sure I'm getting enough calories (healthy ones) while taking the pain meds which will be heavy duty. I've experienced terrible nausea in the past when I took the meds without enough food in my stomach. That said - I'm less than 10 lbs from my goal weight and hope that I can still continue to lose if I basically eat right and stay away from the sweets and bad carbs. At least now I have got my portions under control and feel I can introduce real food without going over board. I'll continue to repeat my mantra "nothing tastes as good as skinny feels" to keep my head in the game. I truly haven't looked this good in several years. I've gone from a 12 to an 8 and feel great. My husband, friends and family are so happy for me and have given me so much support over the last 2 1/2 months as I navigated the Holiday parties with them all. Very few cheats since I've been on IP and only recently have I had any alcohol on 2 occasions. I'm not a big drinker but do drink socially most weekends. It's been a bit of a challenge to sit at bars or house parties with my glass of lemon water or sparkling ICE coconut pineapple drinks making it look like I'm partaking. : ) Even harder for me was bypassing all those desserts.... I will tell you though FYI... twice I cheated and had a no sugar added dessert (1. Chocolate Mouse Parfait 2. Kiddie size Ice Cream) - within a half hour or so I had diareea so bad I didn't think I'd make it to the bathroom. No sugar added does not mean it's okay to have it. Our bodies are not use to the fat and carbs that are in those types of desserts. I learned my lesson -- steering clear of that type of stuff for now until my system readjusts. I have been reading about a lot of different diet plans and am looking to continue in a low carb lifestyle but adding in whole grains, some fruit, nuts and low fat dairy. My husband has lost 30 lbs in less time than it's taken me to lose 24 by counting Weight Watcher points. I may even go that route. I'm a lifetime member and have always believed it to be the healthiest weight loss plan out there BUT it takes forever to lose it. I did IP to get the pounds off quickly with the intention of then eating a balanced diet to maintain. I do want to take off the additional weight so if I find I'm not continuing to lose over the next 2 months.... I'll be back on IP April 1st. Bathing suit season will be here before we know it and I do not want to be the fat chick at the beach this year like I've been the last several years. Not necessarily going to be in a bikini but certainly looking good in my tankini is my goal. Keep up the good work my fellow IP'ers. No one said it was going to be easy but it is definitely worth it.

Good Luck to you on your surgery. I had knee surgery 7 weeks ago, it was arthroscopy for a defect in the femur, meniscus tear and severe patella femurol arthritis. They wanted to do a partial (on both knees) replacement, but I just couldn't make myself do it. I chickened out, I feel I am young (56) and I am scared that it won't work. My BIL is 50 and had a TKR 8 weeks ago and said he feels better than he has for years!

Harleygirl58
01-27-2014, 09:04 PM
Thank you Bellamack. I'm only 55 but have been dealing with this knee since High School. I had my cartilage removed then (torn) and have had 2 orthoscopic clean ups since to smooth out the bone on bone arthritis. I would have had it replaced years ago if they'd have let me but always said I was too young. I am pretty active (skier, golfer, walker, motorcycle rider...) but knee pain is keeping me from enjoying a lot more. I feel I'm too young to NOT have it done while I'm still young enough to reap the benefits. Yes it is going to be a major pain and it will be 6 weeks or so of intensive PT but I know by the time summer rolls around I'll be ready to participate in mostly all the things I like to do. I want to start bicycling and maybe yoga too. I need to start toning up this new bod. I cannot waste all the effort I put into losing the weight. I'm really excited about the knee and even more excited that I'm down 24lbs which will really help in my recovery. I hope you find relief from your knee pain with the arthroscopy. It bought me the last 12 years so maybe it will do the same for you and you can revisit the TKR in your 60s. Don't wait too long though. You want to enjoy life and not sit on the sidelines watching it pass you by.

Harleygirl58
01-27-2014, 10:08 PM
How are you doing Selilhannah? I'm just reading through old posts and I saw this one. My staples are mixed greens for salad and/or spinach, fresh and frozen broccoli, fresh cauliflower (love it roasted and or shredded then sautéed), mushrooms, red orange and yellow peppers, cukes, zucchini and occasional grape tomatoes. For protein I eat a lot of steak (probably too much), chicken; salmon (1pw), pork, and lean burgers. I pretty much weigh in and pick up my IP foods and then head to the grocery store for my veggies/protein. My favorite veggie side is to shred a 1/2 head of cauliflower, a sm or 1/2 zucchini, chopped broccoli and mushrooms - toss it in a little extra virgin olive oil mixed with garlic, salt and pepper and sometimes lemon juice then a sauté it over med. high heat stirring frequently but letting it brown up. I feel like I'm eating a rice dish. I just love this. It's also good doing the same thing but chopping the cauliflower instead of shredding it then roasting it on a Pam sprayed tin foiled cookie sheet at 425 deg. for about min. tossing it around every 7 minutes or so it doesn't burn but browns evenly. This is a little easier than the shredding method but I love them both. My husband won't touch either one of these but that's what I eat and just throw a bag of frozen veggies in for him. He will eat same protein as me most of the time. For lunch I love the IP mushroom, chicken and broccoli/cheese soups. They're my go to favorite and easiest quick lunch. I usually add broccoli and or mushrooms to them to get my veggies in. I get wicked sick of salad but usually try to have a salad as well. I like the Potato puree and the chicken ala king which I also add veggies to. Breakfast depends on how much time I have. The Omelet sticks with me the best (sauté veggies then add the omelet mix) but I have crispy cereal when I'm pressed for time. If I have that I then have to have a IP drink (Chocolate or Cappaccino are my favorites) around 10:30 to get me to lunch. I love the Maple Oatmeal but then I cannot have a restricted snack later which I really enjoy (esp. Lemon Wafer) so I have it only once a week and then have pudding for my snack. Love the vanilla pudding with a little cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice added to it. Really good! Butterscotch is good too. Milk chocolate is just okay. Raspberry "jelly"/jello is excellent. I use it like applesauce with my pork chops. Delish. Well that's about it. Hope this was helpful. Good luck.