Ideal Protein Diet - IP Daily Chat Thursday 11/14/2013

View Full Version : IP Daily Chat Thursday 11/14/2013

lisa32989
11-14-2013, 08:05 AM
:welcome2:
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/243142-have-question-about-ip-read-here-first-before-posting-question.html): Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
(http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-exercise-other-important-threads.html)and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/4701599-post49.html)

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/221536-real-cost-cheating-ideal-protein.html)

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/261885-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow.html)
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/268669-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow-volumn-2-a.html)
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/212175-fun-ideal-protein-packets.html)
Fun with Veggie Purees! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/264231-fun-veggie-purees.html)
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/273856-ideal-protein-diet-recipes-4-a.html)
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/270950-ideal-protein-tips-recipes-incredible-weight-loss-center.html)

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html) for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/3427715-post155.html) Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/).

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19)

Shell73
11-14-2013, 08:31 AM
I have been on the ideal protein diet for 25 weeks now and I gained .2lbs last week. Is this normal? I have no cheated at all in the 25 weeks. Feeling discouraged:?:

Ruth Ann
11-14-2013, 08:45 AM
I have been on the ideal protein diet for 25 weeks now and I gained .2lbs last week. Is this normal? I have no cheated at all in the 25 weeks. Feeling discouraged:?:

Good morning!

Shell - don't be discouraged by a one week weigh in! I've had weeks when I've stayed the same or gained a little. There's so many things that can effect the scale - TOM, water weight from a higher sodium day, being ill, etc., etc.

You've had great losses so far - sometimes your body just needs a little "re-set" time. Have your inches gone down? Remember, the scale is only one measure of how you're doing - the way your clothes fit and how you feel are also important.

Hang in there!

slownsteady
11-14-2013, 09:07 AM

Just stop and take a look at your status - 265/188!! You have lost nearly 80 lbs - that is FANTASTIC!! Agree with Ruth Ann - don't do this to yourself - get discouraged and let doubt set in - over one week's result. Look at your overall success so far and know and believe that you are on the right track and will achieve your goal. This is a minor blip. Ignore it and keep in mind all you have accomplished and what you will continue to accomplish. You are doing GREAT!!! :carrot::carrot:

finale
11-14-2013, 09:25 AM
Good Morning:
I started Ideal Protein for a basic reason to loose weight. I have many things causing stress in my life. My sister just had weight loss surgery and my daughter and I both have weight issues and we've been working out at the gym for months but the weight is not coming off.
A dear friend of mine came to town on Tuesday and I shared my issues with weight with her and I brought up that my boss is doing Ideal Protein and he's lost almost 50 pounds in 2 months and I was wondering if this is something I should do? She's lost about 100 pounds and kept it off for about 2 years and she said that's how I did it. I really thought she is someone I hold in high regard and I want to achieve my weight loss goal. I spent the afternoon with her and felt on top of the world. Good old fashioned quality time with a dear friend makes us think so much clearer. When I got to work on Wednesday I decided to call and talk with the clinic that does Ideal Protein and see if I could have the free consultation and I did and while I was there he realised that I'd done lots of research and I could start right away. I left there and was so excited and knew this is something that I can do and it might be hard eating 2 cups of vegetables two times a day. So I made a great stir fry last night something I don't do very often and it was good. I ate my snack it seemed extremely sweet and drank lots of water....
While on Thursday morning I got up and did the routine of getting on the scale and I hit and new number on the scale 237 wow it does work. I know it might just be water weight but it makes you know those two cups of vegetables might not be that bad today.
I have a question I love tomatoes and it says you shouldn't eat them that often so does that mean once a week.
I love the recipes on this site toooo.:dizzy:

Hollygb66
11-14-2013, 09:31 AM
I wanted to come back today and reply to some of yesterday's posts.

First, I hope you bought those jeans!! And, YES! Keep the tags on them!! I had to return 8's for 4's and it was within the 60 days return period! You CAN do it!

I'm so sorry for your loss of the co-worker! I hope you feel comfort in the memories you have of him.

Sorry about not quoting. I don't remember how to do that!

Good luck to everyone on your journey!

slownsteady
11-14-2013, 09:37 AM
I have a question I love tomatoes and it says you shouldn't eat them that often so does that mean once a week.

Welcome! You will find coaches differ in their advice, so maybe you should ask your coach, but just this week I had the same question and my coach told me I could have tomatoes every day if I want AS LONG AS the TOTAL for the week is no more than 2 cups. For instance, have 1/4 cup of Pico with dinner one night, 1/2 cup of chopped tomatoes in a salad the next, sliced tomatoes equal to 1/2 c with your turkey burger the next, etc. for a total of not more than 2 cups for the week. She herself has lost over 100 lbs on IP and this is what she did. She said this was actually less of a carb load and has less of an effect on ketosis than having 2 cups in one sitting.

kpw30
11-14-2013, 09:39 AM
Good morning! I have been researching IP and poring over the threads on 3FC for months now, and finally started IP last Thursday (11/06). Due to my work schedule, and time constraints, I am doing it over the phone with a coach. Today was my first weigh in and I lost 6.6 pounds! I'm happy with that, especially since I've been sick almost this entire first week.

Thank you to all of the 3FC veterans...your infinite wisdom and guidance found on these threads made me feel like my goal is attainable. This site truly is a wealth of knowledge.

I hope to contribute here more frequently, I am worried that because I'm not physically going into a clinic I'm losing a little bit of accountability. I'm very shy, though...even posting on here feels strange for me!

Hope everyone has a great day!

Jenny38
11-14-2013, 09:50 AM

Hang in there Shell73, you have done amaing nd I totally agree with the other posts. There are going to be weeks with no loss or maybe muscle gain. Lean muscle weighs more than fat and it's what you want to gain. Keep up the good work.

Good Morning:
While on Thursday morning I got up and did the routine of getting on the scale and I hit and new number on the scale 237 wow it does work. I know it might just be water weight but it makes you know those two cups of vegetables might not be that bad today.

Hi Finale, congratulations on starting your weightloss journey. Tomatoes are an occasional veggie which means you can chose to have any occassional veggie twice a week. Best of luck:)

Morning all, so my parents joined IP this week which has been fun and supportive. They have already lost most of their weight through other plans but now are ready to drop some more. My sister had a lap band put in a few years ago so we are all on the road to recovery.
Have a great OP day:)

Hiker88
11-14-2013, 10:05 AM
Nice to see my scale moving again after a week of TOM! Hope you all have a great day!!!

dlr9774
11-14-2013, 10:21 AM
I had the butterscotch pudding as a waffle today, best pudding as a waffles thus far. Just starting week three and down 12.6 lbs.

ems70508
11-14-2013, 10:27 AM
Shell I can imagine that's tough to see. I would hate it. I would pout and mope and just probably cry and call my mom. But you did the right thing! I see that this is your first post in the forum. You came to a place that will help you. I know that if I was struggling with my scale, I'd turn to 3FC so congrats on making a step in the right direction! You can read what people are eating daily, compare it to your journal and maybe get some recipe ideas to spice up your daily menu! I know when I did IP the first time, I lost steam. So I can only imagine what week 25 would be like. But dig into this website and seek inspiration! Good luck!

AliExpat
11-14-2013, 10:50 AM
Hmmm, still don't have an appetite today :-/
But I'm staying OP, I need to go chug my cappuccino.

Have a great day Lovelies!!!!

yespositively
11-14-2013, 11:03 AM
Good morning IP!

Yesterday I was too busy to shop but I will be buying those size 8s today. I will keep the tags on them. Holly, I hope you are right and I get to exchange them for 6s! I doubt I will exchange them for a 4 since I don't think I ever was a 4!

I bought seven boxes of IP food yesterday-- my coach looked at me like I was a kook, but I just need variety! Mostly drinks and a few restricted items. I feel like I'm getting enough savory food between veggies and protein.

I thought I would share a little NSV today. I bought these pants a month ago because I loved them (and of course they were on sale), but they didn't actually button. I've been trying them on twice a week and today they fit! I am wearing them. :) (that's 2" lost on my hips folks, which is HUGE. Am very pleased with my first 8 days of IP.)

http://i453.photobucket.com/albums/qq260/claroqsi/me111413_zpsa6dde2be.jpg

Hope everyone has a great OP day.

Goose1316
11-14-2013, 11:09 AM
I am on Day 2 of IP and I am finding my throat and mouth to be itchy. Has anybody else found this from the IP foods

ems70508
11-14-2013, 11:10 AM
Hmmm, still don't have an appetite today :-/
But I'm staying OP, I need to go chug my cappuccino.

Have a great day Lovelies!!!!

Sorry to hear that! FYI My coach told me this AM that IP is coming out with a ready made cap drink sometime soon!

nolasmurf
11-14-2013, 11:13 AM
Ugh weigh in day and the scale is still showing UP from last week. I HATE TOM!
:( hopefully it will come back off.

Off again today so resting up for the weekend at work. Hopefully won't be as cookoo crazy.

dlr9774
11-14-2013, 11:20 AM
Looking for feedback on the soy puffs and the soy nuts, what kind do you guys enjoy, just starting week three of IP, and have stayed with the bars and chips. Any recommendations on the soy nuts or the soy puffs?
Thanks in advance.

nolasmurf
11-14-2013, 11:29 AM
Looking for feedback on the soy puffs and the soy nuts, what kind do you guys enjoy, just starting week three of IP, and have stayed with the bars and chips. Any recommendations on the soy nuts or the soy puffs?
Thanks in advance.

I liked the chocolate soy puffs. They remind me of whoppers and a pack seems like it last forever. Great movie snack!

yespositively
11-14-2013, 11:29 AM
Thanks in advance.

I like both the apple cinnamon and the chocolate covered soy puffs. The apple cinnamon ones seem like a really generous portion to me, so it's nice if I want to munch on them for a while (if I'm feeling snacky or if I'm in a meeting and other folks are eating). I've heard that some people like to use 1/2 the premade vanilla as "milk" and 1/2 the apple cinnamon puffs as cereal and have it as a breakfast. They're a bit high calorie so it's not a bad idea to have earlier in the day.

I have positive reviews for both. Actually bought a box of each to use as my restricted foods. I don't mind the bars but found them a little dense or something. Haven't tried the chips-- what kind do you like?

Misstiff
11-14-2013, 11:41 AM
Good Morning:
I started Ideal Protein for a basic reason to lose weight. I have many things causing stress in my life. My sister just had weight loss surgery and my daughter and I both have weight issues and we've been working out at the gym for months but the weight is not coming off.
A dear friend of mine came to town on Tuesday and I shared my issues with weight with her and I brought up that my boss is doing Ideal Protein and he's lost almost 50 pounds in 2 months and I was wondering if this is something I should do? She's lost about 100 pounds and kept it off for about 2 years and she said that's how I did it. I really thought she is someone I hold in high regard and I want to achieve my weight loss goal. I spent the afternoon with her and felt on top of the world. Good old fashioned quality time with a dear friend makes us think so much clearer. When I got to work on Wednesday I decided to call and talk with the clinic that does Ideal Protein and see if I could have the free consultation and I did and while I was there he realised that I'd done lots of research and I could start right away. I left there and was so excited and knew this is something that I can do and it might be hard eating 2 cups of vegetables two times a day. So I made a great stir fry last night something I don't do very often and it was good. I ate my snack it seemed extremely sweet and drank lots of water....

Finale- welcome to the journey of IP, sounds like you have a great support system in your life. This site has been a huge help for me, there are so many informative helpful people here. You mentioned your daughter was overweight as well. Will she be able to join the journey with you? The first week is by far the hardest. As far as the tomatoes that s a 2 cup serving, I know for me I don't eat 2 cups of tomatoes, so I measure them on my salads daily.

emsmom97
11-14-2013, 11:42 AM
Good morning IP!

Yesterday I was too busy to shop but I will be buying those size 8s today. I will keep the tags on them. Holly, I hope you are right and I get to exchange them for 6s! I doubt I will exchange them for a 4 since I don't think I ever was a 4!

I bought seven boxes of IP food yesterday-- my coach looked at me like I was a kook, but I just need variety! Mostly drinks and a few restricted items. I feel like I'm getting enough savory food between veggies and protein.

I thought I would share a little NSV today. I bought these pants a month ago because I loved them (and of course they were on sale), but they didn't actually button. I've been trying them on twice a week and today they fit! I am wearing them. :) (that's 2" lost on my hips folks, which is HUGE. Am very pleased with my first 8 days of IP.)

http://i453.photobucket.com/albums/qq260/claroqsi/me111413_zpsa6dde2be.jpg

Hope everyone has a great OP day.

AMAZING!!!! You look great.:bravo::cp::bravo:

dylsma
11-14-2013, 12:05 PM
Good Morning!! I've noticed that some people have posted about foods they get that are an alternate to the IP foods. I am so glad too to see the post regarding the different IP foods and what people think about them. I am still phase 1 and a little limited as to what I can eat, and looking forward to a little more variety. If anyone has any advice on alternate products or innovative ways that they have used to make their IP food more attractive to would love to hear about it.

IdealProteinNewbie
11-14-2013, 12:09 PM
Re-posting from yesterday in case anyone missed it...

IP is bringing back the Chicken Patty and also coming out with a Lemon Wafer.

amt6
11-14-2013, 12:15 PM
Question for all your IP vets - sorry in advance if this is TMI!

The past few weeks I have been waking up in the morning with sharp stomach pains, almost like gas pains. They seem to go away as soon as I get up and move around, but those first few minutes in bed are VERY uncomfortable. I talked to my other half about this (he is in med school) and he seems to think that it is just my body waking up with a truly empty stomach. Does anyone else have similar feelings? I took 2 gas-x this morning which didn't help much, so that leads me to believe that it's not really gas.

exesparz
11-14-2013, 12:28 PM
I liked the chocolate soy puffs. They remind me of whoppers and a pack seems like it last forever. Great movie snack!

The chocolate soy puff are amazing. Like someone else stated they taate like Whoopers just not as sweet. I tried some of the nuts and they were not for me. I suggest trying them for yourself as everyone likea different things.

sarita75
11-14-2013, 01:01 PM
Question for all your IP vets - sorry in advance if this is TMI!

The past few weeks I have been waking up in the morning with sharp stomach pains, almost like gas pains. They seem to go away as soon as I get up and move around, but those first few minutes in bed are VERY uncomfortable. I talked to my other half about this (he is in med school) and he seems to think that it is just my body waking up with a truly empty stomach. Does anyone else have similar feelings? I took 2 gas-x this morning which didn't help much, so that leads me to believe that it's not really gas.

Good morning. Sounds like hunger pains to me, but it could also be an allergic reaction to a food. How quickly are you eating after waking? Have you tried having a glass of room-temp water when you wake up?

sarita75
11-14-2013, 01:03 PM
Good morning all. Happy Thursday. Gosh, I thought it was Wednesday this morning and am so happy that it isn't! LOL. Had my first P3 breakfast this morning and, while tempted to post a photo, I won't. It was hard to get it all down although not as hard as I thought it might be. I am curious to see how my body responds to the bread - when I started IP I would get headaches all the time which ceased when I went on IP, so I am a little scared they are going to come back. I have a mild headache right now, so I might see about doing a gluten-free breakfast manana.

Happy days to you all!

yespositively
11-14-2013, 01:08 PM
Wow I am hungry! I had breakfast at 8:30. Usually don't eat again till noon but today might be an early lunch day.

dlr9774
11-14-2013, 01:13 PM

Thanks I will try them!:)

dlr9774
11-14-2013, 01:15 PM
I like both the apple cinnamon and the chocolate covered soy puffs. The apple cinnamon ones seem like a really generous portion to me, so it's nice if I want to munch on them for a while (if I'm feeling snacky or if I'm in a meeting and other folks are eating). I've heard that some people like to use 1/2 the premade vanilla as "milk" and 1/2 the apple cinnamon puffs as cereal and have it as a breakfast. They're a bit high calorie so it's not a bad idea to have earlier in the day.

I have positive reviews for both. Actually bought a box of each to use as my restricted foods. I don't mind the bars but found them a little dense or something. Haven't tried the chips-- what kind do you like?

Thank you Great information!:)

mom2hi
11-14-2013, 01:18 PM
Thanks in advance.

I really love the chocolate puffs, like someone said, they are a nice treat, and more than you'd want to eat in one sitting, so you can open a bag and just pop one or two in your mouth if you're really craving chocolate and/or crunchy. Also the soy nuts, are good on a salad, I think.

GL with your journey!

dlr9774
11-14-2013, 02:07 PM
Re-posting from yesterday in case anyone missed it...

IP is bringing back the Chicken Patty and also coming out with a Lemon Wafer.

Is the Chicken Patty good, I have one to try but to be honest am scared of the taste...is it good?

yespositively
11-14-2013, 02:32 PM
Ugh, guys. I am irritated with myself but I miscalculated how much meat I had at work and am running a little short. I just had 4oz for lunch (I split my protein), and thought I have 4oz more for dinner since I have class after work. Turns out I don't. I am totally stumped as to where I should go to grab some compliant take out, or if I should just eat an extra IP packet (I have some red peppers so I'm OK for veggies) to get more protein.

Any suggestions?

mom2hi
11-14-2013, 02:43 PM
Ugh, guys. I am irritated with myself but I miscalculated how much meat I had at work and am running a little short. I just had 4oz for lunch (I split my protein), and thought I have 4oz more for dinner since I have class after work. Turns out I don't. I am totally stumped as to where I should go to grab some compliant take out, or if I should just eat an extra IP packet (I have some red peppers so I'm OK for veggies) to get more protein.

Any suggestions?

I don't know if all coaches would agree, but mine has always said to have an extra packet in my purse at all times for just this situation. So, I would have the extra packet, if I couldn't find a OP take-out option. Is there any chance you could get a salad from somewhere, with a 4 oz grilled chicken breast? That is my "go-to" for take-out, just need to make sure they don't add extras you can't have, and use lemon or vinegar for your dressing.

I also pack the individual packets of WF dressing in my bag at all times. Hope you can work it out!

yespositively
11-14-2013, 02:48 PM
I don't know if all coaches would agree, but mine has always said to have an extra packet in my purse at all times for just this situation. So, I would have the extra packet, if I couldn't find a OP take-out option. Is there any chance you could get a salad from somewhere, with a 4 oz grilled chicken breast? That is my "go-to" for take-out, just need to make sure they don't add extras you can't have, and use lemon or vinegar for your dressing.

I also pack the individual packets of WF dressing in my bag at all times. Hope you can work it out!

All of my packets are at the office right now, so I am set on that front.

I think there's a salad bar buffet a few blocks away-- no dressing, but some veggies and they probably have chicken. I've become wary of chicken out because most marinades used by restaurants contain sugar. I bet this place has deli turkey though.

I bought some WF dressing but need to bring it to the office in a little jar. Ah! At least this isn't a full on crisis since I have an arsenal of IP packets in my desk drawer.

kpw30
11-14-2013, 03:30 PM
I really wanted a snack the other night, and took a look at the Snack Pack jello I had on hand...it's sweetened with Sucralose. Any feedback on why this would be a bad occasional treat?

Calories: 5
Fat: 0
Carbs: 1
Sugar: 0

claustin
11-14-2013, 04:22 PM
All of my packets are at the office right now, so I am set on that front.

I think there's a salad bar buffet a few blocks away-- no dressing, but some veggies and they probably have chicken. I've become wary of chicken out because most marinades used by restaurants contain sugar. I bet this place has deli turkey though.

I bought some WF dressing but need to bring it to the office in a little jar. Ah! At least this isn't a full on crisis since I have an arsenal of IP packets in my desk drawer.

Do you have a Subway close by? One of their chicken breast is 2.5-3oz. If Im out and about and hungry I get a Chicken salad and add my veggies.

yespositively
11-14-2013, 04:29 PM
Do you have a Subway close by? One of their chicken breast is 2.5-3oz. If Im out and about and hungry I get a Chicken salad and add my veggies.

That's helpful, thanks. There is a Subway on my block.

ladylavender
11-14-2013, 04:37 PM
Starting all over . I lost 30 pounds earlier this year and it was starting to creep back on so I'm back on track and down 5 already this week. You newbies have to know that it does work if you follow the program. You also have to make it a way of life cause if you go back to your old ways it will come back. Good luck to all of you and knowing you aren't alone really helps!!

sarahBell
11-14-2013, 04:40 PM
Ok yesterday was bad, horrible, worse than bad it was a train wreck! I felt sick from the junk I ate, I gained almost 2lbs!!! So today I am back on track and going strong! No more days like yesterday good grief I crashed and burned like the Hindenburg :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

finale
11-14-2013, 04:43 PM
Thanks to everyone on the advise about tomatoes....I am thinking my daughter will join me sometime in the future.

Jamiemae
11-14-2013, 04:50 PM
As of my last WI I am .3 lbs away from goal #1:carrot:

Is it strange to be afraid to make my second mini goal? I feel better than I have in a while, but I'm just nervous to make a new goal:(...Can anyone relate?

yespositively
11-14-2013, 04:59 PM
As of my last WI I am .3 lbs away from goal #1:carrot:

Is it strange to be afraid to make my second mini goal? I feel better than I have in a while, but I'm just nervous to make a new goal:(...Can anyone relate?

I'm kind of scared to maky any goals. My real goal is "feel comfortable and healthy in my own skin," but I have no idea what that translates to on a scale. I have never been happy with my weight since high school-- I don't even think I was overweight then, just not in good shape. I've thrown "lose 20lbs" out there before Christmas, but honestly I just want to lose weight, and I don't beat myself up if it's 17lbs and not 20lbs.

So I totally relate. I say stick with small goals since they are less scary.

And congrats on being so close to your first goal! :broc:

yespositively
11-14-2013, 05:01 PM
First, I hope you bought those jeans!! And, YES! Keep the tags on them!! I had to return 8's for 4's and it was within the 60 days return period! You CAN do it!

I feel like a nut job, but I bought 6's. The 8's fit too well for me to justify purchasing them. I am definitely excited (but keeping the tags on!).

Jamiemae
11-14-2013, 05:05 PM
I'm kind of scared to maky any goals. My real goal is "feel comfortable and healthy in my own skin," but I have no idea what that translates to on a scale. I have never been happy with my weight since high school-- I don't even think I was overweight then, just not in good shape. I've thrown "lose 20lbs" out there before Christmas, but honestly I just want to lose weight, and I don't beat myself up if it's 17lbs and not 20lbs.

So I totally relate. I say stick with small goals since they are less scary.

And congrats on being so close to your first goal! :broc:

First, thank you :)

I agree with being comfortable as a goal, but I too, do not know what amount of pounds that would equal for me. I have a tentative goal of another 20...but then I was doing a few BMI calculations which sparked another goal of 148 lbs to go from obese to overweight. But that would also mean a goal of 32 lbs...oddly enough that it nearly identical to my first goal. So I know I can do it!

Something to discuss next Tuesday with coach :dizzy:

tallgirl231
11-14-2013, 05:50 PM
Hi my IP peeps. I've missed y'all. I'm baccckkkkkkk!!!!!

If you remember, I went to France a few months ago and properly phased off before my trip. I came back and swore to myself that when it was "wheels down" from the plane, I was back on Phase 1. Well, that worked for a little bit but I was still letting little things creep back into my eating style. So, i have been doing Phase 1-ish for a few months until I could get my head back into to IP game. I did not go crazy which has been reassuring to me since it helps me to believe that I will be ok with maintenance. I have changed my ticker to reflect the 4lb gain to keep myself honest and accountable. I hope that I'm welcome back with all of my getting back on plan issues? LOL. I have still read everyday and I believe that is what has kept my gain to only 4lbs. One thing is this little reprieve has stopped the drastic hair loss which I'm very happy about. You are all an inspiration and I can't wait to update my ticker to show a loss again.

dlr9774
11-14-2013, 06:36 PM
What do you IP supporters think of the new raspberry chocolate bar as a snack. My clinic just got them in, and I took one as a snack. I have heard they are good, they are a restricted snack. It is my understanding from my coach that I could take 7 of them (my clinic let us mix and match not buy a box of one item) and have a full bar daily as my restricted item? Is this correct?

ems70508
11-14-2013, 06:40 PM
What do you IP supporters think of the new raspberry chocolate bar as a snack. My clinic just got them in, and I took one as a snack. I have heard they are good, they are a restricted snack.

It's tasty but doesn't do it for me as a packet normally does. My coach gave me one to try as well and if I did decide to buy more, I'd keep it in the freezer and break off piece by piece to get my choc fix. I wouldn't use it as a packet. Too much sugar (for me) and not enough protein (for me).

kelseys928
11-14-2013, 06:52 PM
Wow I am hungry! I had breakfast at 8:30. Usually don't eat again till noon but today might be an early lunch day.

I see you are in the 170s! We now have the exact same stats. You look awesome! I don't feel like I look that thin, hopefully my mind is playing tricks on me

yespositively
11-14-2013, 07:33 PM
I see you are in the 170s! We now have the exact same stats. You look awesome! I don't feel like I look that thin, hopefully my mind is playing tricks on me

Yep! Am happy to say I am done with the 180s! (except when I have babies, then it's probably okay). I don't feel thin at all so it's probably just our brains. I looked at some pics a couple years ago and it really helps highlight the difference.

I'm really hoping the weight keeps coming off-- scale said 173 this morning but maybe it was an illusion since I hadn't had my coffee yet...

44forever
11-14-2013, 07:48 PM
Good Evening Everyone,

Things are going great. First WI is Saturday but I have been peeking and I think I am down almost 8 lbs. My hubby has been eating the same supper and a very good bfast and lunch..he is down 10 lbs.

I have been trying new foods all week and we r both loving it. Today I made the kale chips for lunch and I just couldn't believe how good they are. I also had spaghetti squash for the 1st time for supper and it was awesome.

Loving it!!:carrot:

PS - we should have dancing turnips vice carrots because we can't eat carrots...hee hee!

lighthouse101
11-14-2013, 10:04 PM
First, thank you :)

I agree with being comfortable as a goal, but I too, do not know what amount of pounds that would equal for me. I have a tentative goal of another 20...but then I was doing a few BMI calculations which sparked another goal of 148 lbs to go from obese to overweight. But that would also mean a goal of 32 lbs...oddly enough that it nearly identical to my first goal. So I know I can do it!

Something to discuss next Tuesday with coach :dizzy:

I've also been looking at goals differently since starting IP. In previous weight loss attempts I would usually set time based goals, like "lose x amount by my vacation, or so-and-so's wedding, etc" Whether I met the goal or not by whatever time limit I had set myself, that was usually about the point when I would give up and go back to my old eating habits. This time my goal is about being healthy and staying that way for life. I have a number in mind based on my doc's recommendation, but I'm not attached to it - I'll be more concerned with how I feel, my body fat %, BMR, and any other measures of better health. I'm hoping that way of thinking will have more staying power than just trying to lose weight for vanity to look good for this or that event.

IdealProteinNewbie
11-14-2013, 10:49 PM
44forever: Spaghetti squash is not allowed until P4.

Hockeymom40
11-14-2013, 11:53 PM
Good Evening Everyone,

Things are going great. First WI is Saturday but I have been peeking and I think I am down almost 8 lbs. My hubby has been eating the same supper and a very good bfast and lunch..he is down 10 lbs.

I have been trying new foods all week and we r both loving it. Today I made the kale chips for lunch and I just couldn't believe how good they are. I also had spaghetti squash for the 1st time for supper and it was awesome.

Loving it!!:carrot:

PS - we should have dancing turnips vice carrots because we can't eat carrots...hee hee!

Do you mean squash (zucchini) made into spaghetti or actually spaghetti squash?

sarita75
11-15-2013, 02:02 AM
Gotta share! NSV!
I ran tonight! Well, a walk-run as I am getting back into running after the 6+ months hiatus. It was awesome. I was just as fast as I was previously (woot!) although it was only for 60-second intervals. I am going on Saturday again and I cannot wait!

Day 1 of P3 went well. I ended up having 2 IP products due to the exercising, although I need to check that with my coach. Breakfast was great, I wasn't hungry until 12:30 p.m. and so I am enjoying it. Just strange to have carbs!!