Ideal Protein Diet - IP Daily Chat 11/13/13

View Full Version : IP Daily Chat 11/13/13

lisa32989
11-13-2013, 07:14 AM
:welcome2:
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/243142-have-question-about-ip-read-here-first-before-posting-question.html): Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
(http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-exercise-other-important-threads.html)and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/4701599-post49.html)

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/221536-real-cost-cheating-ideal-protein.html)

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/261885-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow.html)
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/268669-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow-volumn-2-a.html)
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/212175-fun-ideal-protein-packets.html)
Fun with Veggie Purees! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/264231-fun-veggie-purees.html)
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/273856-ideal-protein-diet-recipes-4-a.html)
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/270950-ideal-protein-tips-recipes-incredible-weight-loss-center.html)

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html) for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/3427715-post155.html) Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/).

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19)

Hollygb66
11-13-2013, 07:43 AM
Just wanted to check in here. I started here when I got on the program July 29. I think I joined the group before that, but not sure. Anyway, I was on Phase 1 for 10.5 weeks losing 26 lbs! I would have been on fewer weeks, but I went on a 10 day vacation and ended up just maintaining. I am now DONE! I phased off the month of October after changing my goal weight (up 5 lbs) because I could see my ribs and I was already buying X-small clothes and size 4 pants and skirts! While on Phase 2 AND 3, I LOST more weight! So, I'm really glad I phased off when I did. Since being on Phase 4, I've gained about 4-5 lbs. I'm good with it! I'm still skinny:carrot: And, still wearing my skinny clothes!!!

I just want to encourage everyone to stay on the program. DON'T Cheat!!! It will only prolong your success! You CAN do it!!!

kelseys928
11-13-2013, 08:20 AM
Congrats Holly you look awesome!! Have my WI today but snuck a peek at my own scale and down 2 lbs this week, not much but Ill take it! 25 lbs in 6 weeks :)

Hiker88
11-13-2013, 09:13 AM
Just wanted to check in here. I started here when I got on the program July 29. I think I joined the group before that, but not sure. Anyway, I was on Phase 1 for 10.5 weeks losing 26 lbs! I would have been on fewer weeks, but I went on a 10 day vacation and ended up just maintaining. I am now DONE! I phased off the month of October after changing my goal weight (up 5 lbs) because I could see my ribs and I was already buying X-small clothes and size 4 pants and skirts! While on Phase 2 AND 3, I LOST more weight! So, I'm really glad I phased off when I did. Since being on Phase 4, I've gained about 4-5 lbs. I'm good with it! I'm still skinny:carrot: And, still wearing my skinny clothes!!!

I just want to encourage everyone to stay on the program. DON'T Cheat!!! It will only prolong your success! You CAN do it!!!

thanks so much for the pictures! I love pictures! Would love to see more on here!!

slownsteady
11-13-2013, 09:30 AM
Holly - CONGRATULATIONS!! You look Fabulous and the weight you decided on certainly looks good on you! Thanks for the inspiration. Did/do you exercise regularly? If yes, what do you do? I struggle getting going with any form of exercise and I know it is not only important to help boost the weight loss, but more importantly to keep it off.

lighthouse101
11-13-2013, 09:37 AM

Congrats, you look amazing! Thanks for the encouragement to stick with it.

JaneDeaux
11-13-2013, 09:50 AM

Congratulations! Your hard work is inspiring!

nolasmurf
11-13-2013, 09:54 AM
Okay it way too cold way too fast! Yesterday morning it was 70 degrees outside. This morning it's 38!! Me and the pups are curled up under a blanket on the couch, lol. Stayed off the scale this morning but only because it was too cold to strip down! :)
Maybe that's a good thing!

ems70508
11-13-2013, 10:02 AM
Congrats Holly, you look great!

Nolasmurf is right...yesterday at lunch I went outside and it was a warm 70 degrees. When I left work at 5 it had creeped down too low! We don't know what to do with anything below 60! haha.

So last night I did a closet cleanse. The moment I thought of it, I had a second thought creep into my mind...what if I gain back... I dismissed that really quickly and said I never want to be back at that point so out it all went! It felt really good! I was sad to say goodbye to some of it because they brought me comfort. But it gets me excited about the future as well!

On another note, IP has rubbed off on my brother a little bit! He owns a food truck here in town and they now cook with Olive Oil instead of butter! They also now have veggie noodles they make with a spiral cutter! It's nice to know that if I want to stop by and hang out/support them, I can actually buy some food! I hope everyone has a great day!

jemma51
11-13-2013, 10:49 AM
Congrats Holly, you are a tiny little thing. Funny thing is my goal is around your starting weight.

Woke up feeling good today and I'm thankful for that . Good luck to everyone today.

AliExpat
11-13-2013, 11:02 AM
Hi Lovelies!

Today is the first day on IP that I don't feel like eating anything. I had a cup of coffee because I had no appetite. But since I have to eat something I chugged a cappuccino drink. Odd. I have absolutely NO desire for food this morning.

yespositively
11-13-2013, 11:05 AM
Good morning IPers!

Question for ya: My favorite store to buy jeans from is having a 40% off sale today. I have a pair of 10s in my closet that fit just fine (not really snug, not really loose). Should I be an optimist and buy a size 8 while they're on sale? I'm thinking about buying a pair and keeping the tags on until they fit. I just feel silly buying another pair of 10s while I'm on a diet, but I really want some grey jeans while they're on sale!

nolasmurf
11-13-2013, 11:05 AM
I would buy them!

dak1lls
11-13-2013, 11:15 AM
Holly, you look fabulous! I love seeing goal photos! I really need to do a side by side full body picture.

Ali, I have had times where I had no desire to eat at all. It is kind of nice for a change. There have been other times where I dreamt of eating and awoke starving! Those are usually days where I have lots of cravings, and the whoe day is a challenge to not give in. :dizzy:

Ems, I did my last closet purge last night. I mentioned in the maintenance thread that it felt so good for DH to suggest I donate everything. When I first packed things up he suggested I hang on to everything, "just in case," so it makes me feel good that he feels confident I will keep the weight off this time. As he said, "you know what to do now." :carrot:

yespositively
11-13-2013, 11:15 AM
Hi Lovelies!

Today is the first day on IP that I don't feel like eating anything. I had a cup of coffee because I had no appetite. But since I have to eat something I chugged a cappuccino drink. Odd. I have absolutely NO desire for food this morning.

That's how I felt my first day, but you're smart to force it down. Hopefully you don't get a headache (I did for a day or so).

nolasmurf Are you feeling better today? It's cold here, too-- 23 feels like 20. But I think it'll be back in the 50s during the weekend.

Sunflower40
11-13-2013, 11:17 AM

thank you for posting this - you are a true inspiration
10 weeks and 26 lbs wow, I'm impress
you're very muscular, did you workout while on IP?

dak1lls
11-13-2013, 11:17 AM
Good morning IPers!

Question for ya: My favorite store to buy jeans from is having a 40% off sale today. I have a pair of 10s in my closet that fit just fine (not really snug, not really loose). Should I be an optimist and buy a size 8 while they're on sale? I'm thinking about buying a pair and keeping the tags on until they fit. I just feel silly buying another pair of 10s while I'm on a diet, but I really want some grey jeans while they're on sale!

Buy them! You will definitely be wearing them soon!

nolasmurf
11-13-2013, 11:22 AM
That's how I felt my first day, but you're smart to force it down. Hopefully you don't get a headache (I did for a day or so).

nolasmurf Are you feeling better today? It's cold here, too-- 23 feels like 20. But I think it'll be back in the 50s during the weekend.

Thanks for asking I am feeling a bit better. Still planning on taking it easy today, tho. My sweetie thinks that's half my problem is that in stressed from work.

yespositively
11-13-2013, 11:31 AM
Thanks for asking I am feeling a bit better. Still planning on taking it easy today, tho. My sweetie thinks that's half my problem is that in stressed from work.

Oh I hope you're home taking a sick day. Honestly I think we need days off just for our mental health sometimes.

First WI is for me today. I stood on the scale at home today and it showed a loss of 5.2lbs. Not as big of a Week 1 loss as some folks, but I'm pretty happy with it considering I was eating 90% paleo (so very low carb) prior to starting IP.

Will be curious to see if I lost any inches at my appointment today. My hips feel skinnier but my middle doesn't. I know this diet doesn't encourage exercise but I think I need to do a few planks to tone up.

GettinHealthyNow
11-13-2013, 11:38 AM
I just want to encourage everyone to stay on the program. DON'T Cheat!!! It will only prolong your success! You CAN do it!!! [/COLOR][/FONT]

Congratulations Hollly - you look so fantastic! Not just your body changes, but that smile on your face says it all. Very inspirational.
Kathy

dylsma
11-13-2013, 11:48 AM
Good Morning!! I have been on IP for two weeks now, and I need a little hand holding. I don't think I can stand another roasted vegetable, and I am starting to choke down my shakes and soups. On top of that, I strictly adhered to the diet, and yesterday I gained a pound. Any words of encouragement would be appreciated. I plan on sticking to the diet, but I am getting a little discouraged.

caressme
11-13-2013, 12:06 PM
in regards to chewing gum GNC, Vitamin Shoppe and amazon all sell SPRY Gum.. its quite yummy I'm chewing cinnamon at the moment ... :)

caressme
11-13-2013, 12:10 PM
Good morning IPers!

Buy them! They can be goal Pants!!!

nolasmurf
11-13-2013, 12:26 PM
Is anyone using the Pure Protein whey powder as an alternative? I'm seeing that a tub of that is only $18.00 at Walmart and thinking I could sub that in for a little variety. Since it's cooler outside,I think I could mix that with my coffee instead of the cold RTD. Looking for option for a "warm" breakfast instead of a shake.

sarita75
11-13-2013, 12:41 PM
Holly, you look fabulous! I love seeing goal photos! I really need to do a side by side full body picture. I do as well but all my start photos show me looking all fat and grumpy. :) buahahaha. :)

Good Morning!! I have been on IP for two weeks now, and I need a little hand holding. I don't think I can stand another roasted vegetable, and I am starting to choke down my shakes and soups. On top of that, I strictly adhered to the diet, and yesterday I gained a pound. Any words of encouragement would be appreciated. I plan on sticking to the diet, but I am getting a little discouraged.

Please don't get discouraged. Look back at your week, hopefully you are logging your food, and see what you did. Tune in to your body and see if you are bloated, cramping, dealing with the Big C. If you can't point to anything, simply remember that some weeks are going to be amazing, some are going to be frustrating, but it is precisely those frustrating week where you have to rise to the challenge and keep trucking along. You can do this.

Good morning all! Today is the day - P3! I have my meeting with my coach at 10:30 a.m. and am nervous as ****. I have been trying to see about a way to incorporate phasing off with maintaining a keto-adapted diet for exercise reading the Art and Science of ... Eh, i forget the name but Lisa always advises it. It is fascinating but I am still reading it. So, for the first week of P3 I am going to try to keep the carbs low so not to completely knock myself out of ketosis. I will chat with my coach about it.

Tons of work this morning so off I go. Have a great day everyone!

IPdiva166
11-13-2013, 12:42 PM
Good morning IPers! Happy, COLD, day here in Illinois.
Question for you all. I started IP 2 weeks ago. Today I checked my blood sugar and it was higher than it has been in a while. I thought my blood sugar was supposed to be regulating. Any thoughts?

Thanks!;)

HotShot5711
11-13-2013, 01:02 PM
Good Morning!! I started IP in June and lost 20 lbs but I gave up. I do not know why but I am back and starting today. I am very nervous. For some reason, I never finish what I start when it comes to dieting and I am confident I will make this time different (which is what led me to this site!). I am hoping that some of you holding me accountable may help me along the way a little bit. I am hungry today but hoping it will past soon!! Any suggestions or ideas would be great!! Thanks!

schenectady
11-13-2013, 01:11 PM
Good Morning!! I started IP in June and lost 20 lbs but I gave up. I do not know why but I am back and starting today. I am very nervous. For some reason, I never finish what I start when it comes to dieting and I am confident I will make this time different (which is what led me to this site!). I am hoping that some of you holding me accountable may help me along the way a little bit. I am hungry today but hoping it will past soon!! Any suggestions or ideas would be great!! Thanks!

My first recommendation is to glance at one of the recent threads titled Restarting11/04/2013. These are not people who did the program long ago; they are people who fell off the program very recently and are stating back again. You may find some common grounds with them (and me!).

My second suggestion is to read and post - keep up with what is going on this site because there is lots of wisdom and experience here, as well as jst plain support through good and bad.

I found that starting back after three weeks off, it is a really tough road. You have to learn to live through the headaches, the hunger, cravings and whatever we all experience when we started the program. If you can hack it through a week or so of that, you may find it become easier and more automatic.

We are not perfect and we did not get overweight and out of shape by having good habits. You need to stand strong that YOU are in control of your health and life and there is not time to waste making the most of that. Do not let another day go by not being the person you know you can be. You are not alone and we will stand by you. Post your weights as you weigh in; become accountable in that sense. Discuss issues and challenges and you will get help.

Hang in there and just try to make TODAY a perfect day, then worry about tomorrow tomorrow!

emsmom97
11-13-2013, 02:03 PM
Good morning IPers!

Buy them! I bought a pair of pants yesterday (size 12) for only $8. Brand new and in a tall! Decided to hang them in the closet as I will be in them soon enough. Why spend extra on stuff when I need it? I'm using them as motivation to get there.

IdealProteinNewbie
11-13-2013, 02:03 PM
Great news for those who miss the Chicken Patty...they are being brought back.

They're also coming out with a Lemon Wafer now.

Skinnychic2b
11-13-2013, 02:55 PM
Hi everyone! This is my first post. I am looking for encouragement and pointers. This is my 6th week on IP and I am struggling to lose more than 1 pound a week for the past couple of weeks. Lost 3.5 the first week, then 2, then 2, then 1, then 1, etc. At 6 weeks I should be 15-18 lbs lighter but I am only at 10.5. I dont know what I am doing wrong. I dont cheat. At least not intentionally. Could it be because I dont measure my food? I eyeball my veggies and meat. Could eating a little more than allowed do that much damage? It's really hard because I stay away from everything not on the list of approved foods. Any insight?

Holly, you look amazing!! I want to be like you!

Hiker88
11-13-2013, 03:05 PM
My losses went down for a couple of weeks and after reading on here I decided I was going slightly over on my milk intake.... within a day I started to drop faster... it can be the little things so yes.... weigh your meat!!!

yespositively
11-13-2013, 03:06 PM
Buy them! I bought a pair of pants yesterday (size 12) for only $8. Brand new and in a tall! Decided to hang them in the closet as I will be in them soon enough. Why spend extra on stuff when I need it? I'm using them as motivation to get there.

If I weren't on this diet I wouldn't have considered purchasing them since it's just not a good motivator for me, but I think I'm going to get them. Plus, they are 60 day return so if for some reason they don't work I can just return em.

They DO button right now, just not too flattering on the thighs.

Happy note: down 4.8lbs this week (my scale says 5.2, clinic says 4.8. Whatever). I'll take it!

Hockeymom40
11-13-2013, 03:52 PM
Good morning IPers!

Buy them, you can use them to keep you motivated.

sarita75
11-13-2013, 03:52 PM
Hello all. Back from my coaching appointment. Down .9 pounds, water retention is WAY up there so I need to get a handle on that (I think it's almost my TOM). Tonight I go grocery shopping for Phase 3! Woot.

Hockeymom40
11-13-2013, 04:02 PM

You look amazing and are a real inspiration to me. I was there last year and gained 20 lbs in the last 6 months. This makes me realize I can get back down to my goal.

dak1lls
11-13-2013, 04:05 PM
Hello all. Back from my coaching appointment. Down .9 pounds, water retention is WAY up there so I need to get a handle on that (I think it's almost my TOM). Tonight I go grocery shopping for Phase 3! Woot.

I hope you got the info I sent and it is helpful, or at least gives you some ideas. Good luck! You will do so well in maintenance. I am so happy for you.

MelissaKate73
11-13-2013, 04:12 PM
Hi, all! I'm back from my cruise. All went well, even though I would NOT recommend going on a cruise while on IP! lol It was hard, but I stayed OP except I probably ate too many tomatoes, was short some veggies a couple of days (NO spinach on the ship...and I rely heavily on spinach), and had a little extra meat one day. Overall, I'm really proud of myself for sticking to it. I had to watch all of my friends eating TONS of food, and all I could think about was "and we wonder how we've all gotten fat." It was enlightening to watch how people eat on the ship. It's INSANE the amount of food that people eat while on board....and I used to pig out right along with them.

I weighed in yesterday afternoon, and I was thrilled that I lost 3.2 pounds while we were gone!! While all of my girlfriends were whining about being bloated, having swollen fingers, and their pants getting too tight from all the food, they commented that the jeans I had just picked up THE DAY BEFORE the trip were already getting too loose. Talk about motivation to keep OP!

Anyway, I'm off to catch up on what all has been happening around here, and I hope everyone is having a great OP week! :)

yespositively
11-13-2013, 04:20 PM
Hi, all! I'm back from my cruise. All went well, even though I would NOT recommend going on a cruise while on IP! lol It was hard, but I stayed OP except I probably ate too many tomatoes, was short some veggies a couple of days (NO spinach on the ship...and I rely heavily on spinach), and had a little extra meat one day. Overall, I'm really proud of myself for sticking to it. I had to watch all of my friends eating TONS of food, and all I could think about was "and we wonder how we've all gotten fat." It was enlightening to watch how people eat on the ship. It's INSANE the amount of food that people eat while on board....and I used to pig out right along with them.

I weighed in yesterday afternoon, and I was thrilled that I lost 3.2 pounds while we were gone!! While all of my girlfriends were whining about being bloated, having swollen fingers, and their pants getting too tight from all the food, they commented that the jeans I had just picked up THE DAY BEFORE the trip were already getting too loose. Talk about motivation to keep OP!

Anyway, I'm off to catch up on what all has been happening around here, and I hope everyone is having a great OP week! :)

WOW! I cannot believe you stayed on plan while on a cruise. That's amazing and you completely deserve your loss. Great job! :broc:

theEguarantee
11-13-2013, 04:53 PM
Congrats to everyone on their successes!!!!

I start Phase 3 Friday!!! I'm super excited because my mom is throwing my fiancÚ & I an engagement party- I'm going to be as good as I can, but alcoholic beverages will be consumed and i'm freaking pumped about it! lol Plus I get an English muffin for breakfast!!!!!AHH SO excited about that!!!

Happy hump day everyone!!!

Wine4me
11-13-2013, 04:54 PM

Congratulations, you look awesome!!!

Zictory75
11-13-2013, 04:54 PM
So many happy stories today :) And I can add to it, that I think I am finally heading the right direction again. I really think that may be my coach's scale is off. He weighed me in at 260 over 2 weeks ago and I just finally got there on my own scale. I think that was really depressing me because he kept recording it as a gain in the mean time. So onwards!

Zictory75
11-13-2013, 04:55 PM

All I have to say is AMAZING! Way to be focused.

I can do anything
11-13-2013, 05:06 PM
It is so inspiring to read about everyone's scale victories and NSVs. I am down 1.4 this week for a total of 34, plus it is my TOM, which makes me super excited.

It is because of the support and tough love I get from this site that has helped me sometimes more than my coach. You guys and girls are great!

dak1lls
11-13-2013, 05:11 PM
I am feeling so down and sad today. Just last night one of my co-workers was killed on the job and he was just married a few months ago. I keep tearing up and can't imagine what his family is going through. It really makes me stop and think about what is important and that I need to let go of the little things I sometimes focus on, that are so unimportant. I will hold my loved ones close and tell them I love them. :(

sarita75
11-13-2013, 05:36 PM
I hope you got the info I sent and it is helpful, or at least gives you some ideas. Good luck! You will do so well in maintenance. I am so happy for you. Thank you, and I did. Sorry, I haven't had a chance to reply. I can't wait until the morning but am still a little nervous. :)

I start Phase 3 Friday!!! Congrats!

I am feeling so down and sad today. Just last night one of my co-workers was killed on the job and he was just married a few months ago. I keep tearing up and can't imagine what his family is going through. It really makes me stop and think about what is important and that I need to let go of the little things I sometimes focus on, that are so unimportant. I will hold my loved ones close and tell them I love them. :(

Sending you hugs. I am so sorry to hear about this loss. Stay strong for yourself and your coworkers. Perhaps doing something for the family would make you feel better. Regardless, here's a big :hug: for you.

safetylady
11-13-2013, 06:10 PM

You look wonderful!!

safetylady
11-13-2013, 06:12 PM
Good morning IPers!

Yes - yes - yes - buy the size 8 jeans. Great incentive for you.

yespositively
11-13-2013, 06:25 PM
Yes - yes - yes - buy the size 8 jeans. Great incentive for you.

Thanks for the feedback. I'm going to buy them tomorrow. Hopefully they fit by Christmas so I can wear them over the holidays!

Sally4397
11-13-2013, 06:31 PM
Major congrats MelissaKate for staying OP on your cruise!!! That is amazing and so inspiring!

sarita75
11-13-2013, 06:36 PM
Sending you hugs. I am so sorry to hear about this loss. Stay strong for yourself and your coworkers. Perhaps doing something for the family would make you feel better. Regardless, here's a big :hug: for you.

Actually daklls, I am changing my position. Don't be strong if you don't want to be. If you need to cry, cry. If you need to scream, do it (but maybe find a pillow or a private spot). Own those emotions and you'll come through it.

dak1lls
11-13-2013, 07:03 PM
[QUOTE=sarita75;4882701]Actually daklls, I am changing my position. Don't be strong if you don't want to be. If you need to cry, cry. If you need to scream, do it (but maybe find a pillow or a private spot). Own those emotions and you'll come through it.[/QUOTE

Thanks sweetie. It is good to just to talk about it. Oh my, just as I am typing this they are talking about it on the news. I will do something for the family. That will be helpful. :hug:

caressme
11-13-2013, 07:08 PM
Is anyone using the Pure Protein whey powder as an alternative? I'm seeing that a tub of that is only $18.00 at Walmart and thinking I could sub that in for a little variety. Since it's cooler outside,I think I could mix that with my coffee instead of the cold RTD. Looking for option for a "warm" breakfast instead of a shake.

this is a vvery good idea! did think about that!

SuzieV
11-13-2013, 07:17 PM
[/QUOTE] I will do something for the family. That will be helpful. :hug:[/QUOTE]

Doing something helpful for the family is the best thing you can do for you and them. Action is so much better than just sitting & becoming overwhelmed about the situation. Take care!

dak1lls
11-13-2013, 07:33 PM
I will do something for the family. That will be helpful. :hug:[/QUOTE]

Doing something helpful for the family is the best thing you can do for you and them. Action is so much better than just sitting & becoming overwhelmed about the situation. Take care![/QUOTE]

You re so right. Thanks.

stephascope
11-13-2013, 07:51 PM
My stomach has been violently growling today :( Have had twice as much water to drink as usual too. I wonder if my body is using more calories trying to fight it off this chest cold. Really made me want to cheat today. It's easy to feel sorry for yourself when you're sick! I rushed home from work and made myself a couple hard boiled eggs. I'll eat the rest later for dinner with asparagus. Bah, and my stomach is still growling after those eggs!

Hockeymom40
11-13-2013, 08:09 PM

I start Phase 3 Friday!!! I'm super excited because my mom is throwing my fiancÚ & I an engagement party- I'm going to be as good as I can, but alcoholic beverages will be consumed and i'm freaking pumped about it! lol Plus I get an English muffin for breakfast!!!!!AHH SO excited about that!!!

Happy hump day everyone!!!

Go easy on the alcohol. You will find you can not drink much. You may not feel very good the next day. I speak from experience. Otherwise congrats on getting to P3 :carrot:

ReenHag
11-13-2013, 08:14 PM

Thank you so much for sharing your inspiring story! Congrats on your success!

Okay it way too cold way too fast! Yesterday morning it was 70 degrees outside. This morning it's 38!! Me and the pups are curled up under a blanket on the couch, lol. Stayed off the scale this morning but only because it was too cold to strip down! :)
Maybe that's a good thing!

I totally agree. This cold weather is for the BIRDS! It is not helping me shake the cough, either.

Oh I hope you're home taking a sick day. Honestly I think we need days off just for our mental health sometimes.

First WI is for me today. I stood on the scale at home today and it showed a loss of 5.2lbs. Not as big of a Week 1 loss as some folks, but I'm pretty happy with it considering I was eating 90% paleo (so very low carb) prior to starting IP.

Will be curious to see if I lost any inches at my appointment today. My hips feel skinnier but my middle doesn't. I know this diet doesn't encourage exercise but I think I need to do a few planks to tone up.

I agree, NOLASmurf, take that sick/ mental health day if you need it. And YesPositively, i am with you thinking about the toning. I have done a few workouts for toning, but no cardio yet. Congrats on your loss!

Woot, woot! Enjoy that phase three, and congrats on making it to that point.

WOW! Congrats and THANKS for the inspiration! There is so much of it on the board today. You rocked that cruise and deserve those losses. I am sure it feels good!

Too funny! I am so gonna have an English muffin when I get to phase three.

So sorry to hear that. You and your co-workers are in my thoughts. That is rough for anyone. :hug:

I hope everyone's making it through this week well. Continuing my OP journey and TWO NSV's to report today. First, one of my co-workers came into the lunchroom and told me that I look skinner today than the last time she saw me (last Thursday). She commented on how noticeable it was and how good a job I am doing. That made my day!

Second, I am wearing size ten jeans tonight for the first time in years, perhaps decades! Yay! So thrilled!

emsmom97
11-13-2013, 08:53 PM
I hope everyone's making it through this week well. Continuing my OP journey and TWO NSV's to report today. First, one of my co-workers came into the lunchroom and told me that I look skinner today than the last time she saw me (last Thursday). She commented on how noticeable it was and how good a job I am doing. That made my day!

Second, I am wearing size ten jeans tonight for the first time in years, perhaps decades! Yay! So thrilled!

Great NSV's! Doesn't it feel great when someone notices how hard you have been working?

kkids
11-13-2013, 09:25 PM
Love the cold blast in the south today! WI was great...I'm starting phase 2 in the morning!! My biggest concern is fitting in the additional 8 oz of protein...yes, I know I'm deleting a protein pack, but I have to wrap my brain around this & make a game plan.

slownsteady
11-13-2013, 09:30 PM

The relationships we have with our work "families" can be almost as close as our "real" families - sometimes closer! Thinking of you and wishing I could take your sadness away. :( It's wonderful that you will be there to support the family. It will bring both of you some measure of peace at this very hard time.

Sweetness0915
11-13-2013, 09:59 PM
I hope someone can answer me. I wanted to get roasted chicken at Boston Market (without skin) for Thanksgiving. Would that be ok for phase 1?

dlr9774
11-13-2013, 10:02 PM
Tried the strawberries wafers today and I liked them! Pays to try new things. So grateful I gave IP a chance.

calypso58
11-13-2013, 10:05 PM
I hope someone can answer me. I wanted to get roasted chicken at Boston Market (without skin) for Thanksgiving. Would that be ok for phase 1?

Here are the ingredients. Maybe that will help.

(Rotisserie Chicken - Half Chicken: HALF CHICKEN (CONTAINING UP TO 15% OF A SOLUTION OF WATER, SEASONING [SALT, SUGAR, CHICKEN STOCK, GARLIC POWDER, NATURAL FLAVORS AND MALTODEXTRIN] AND CARRAGEENAN AND SUGAR).)

nolasmurf
11-13-2013, 10:05 PM
Made Scorbetts chili for dinner. A bowl over some cauliflower YUMo! Such a hearty warm dinner. Even my sweetie enjoyed, he did pick up that it's missing the beer tho. Lol my receipe pre IP called for a 12 oz beer. Oh well this was flavorful w/o. Now to bundle up and watch AHS: Coven and relax!

lighthouse101
11-13-2013, 10:11 PM
So last night I did a closet cleanse. The moment I thought of it, I had a second thought creep into my mind...what if I gain back... I dismissed that really quickly and said I never want to be back at that point so out it all went! It felt really good! I was sad to say goodbye to some of it because they brought me comfort. But it gets me excited about the future as well!

I did the same over the weekend! It felt good to get things out of the house - any new clothes I buy from here on out will be in smaller sizes - no going back to the bigger ones!

Good morning all! Today is the day - P3! I have my meeting with my coach at 10:30 a.m. and am nervous as ****. I have been trying to see about a way to incorporate phasing off with maintaining a keto-adapted diet for exercise reading the Art and Science of ... Eh, i forget the name but Lisa always advises it. It is fascinating but I am still reading it. So, for the first week of P3 I am going to try to keep the carbs low so not to completely knock myself out of ketosis. I will chat with my coach about it.

Tons of work this morning so off I go. Have a great day everyone!

Good luck and keep us posted on how it's going!

So sorry for your loss. :hug:

Great NSVs!

Today I got my box of alternative stuff from Nashua! It was like Christmas - who would have thought I've ever be this excited about diet food? I am glad I made the switch to save some money and also get some more variety.

mnmomX2
11-13-2013, 10:12 PM
Sweetness-- The website's nutrition information shows the following for 1/4 white meat, skinless: 220 calories, 20 from fat; 2.5 g fat; 1 g carb and 49 g protein.

Seems good to me, maybe someone more experienced will chime in. My only question would be how many ounces of meat you'd get from a quarter chicken.

Deana509
11-13-2013, 10:43 PM
So I think my body has decided to take a break this week and just stay where it's at (at least I hope it stays where it is at).... But that's ok, I know it will start moving again before long
On a side note, my mom ordered me some boxes of Quest bars off ebay, and I had asked her to buy me two boxes, well she didn't realize that the description said that the sale was 2 boxes in inself, so she ordered two sets of bars... so I have 4 boxes of the Chocolate Brownie bar coming in (I havent tried that flavor so I hope its good)....

sarahBell
11-13-2013, 10:47 PM
well today just sucked green eggs. we have been so busy that I did NOT eat right at all :(. To much here and there and run-run-run ARGH! tomorrow will be better!

ReenHag
11-13-2013, 11:06 PM
Today I got my box of alternative stuff from Nashua! It was like Christmas - who would have thought I've ever be this excited about diet food? I am glad I made the switch to save some money and also get some more variety.

I love this! Opening those boxes is like Christmas. Hey, retail therapy is retail therapy. Enjoy, and let us know how you like your choices!

Here are the ingredients. Maybe that will help.

(Rotisserie Chicken - Half Chicken: HALF CHICKEN (CONTAINING UP TO 15% OF A SOLUTION OF WATER, SEASONING [SALT, SUGAR, CHICKEN STOCK, GARLIC POWDER, NATURAL FLAVORS AND MALTODEXTRIN] AND CARRAGEENAN AND SUGAR).)

If it has sugar, I would steer clear. It was probably injected with a sugar solution. Try a plain rotisserie chicken from the grocer.