Weight and Resistance Training - Lifting advice needed!

View Full Version : Lifting advice needed!

IsobelRose22
11-12-2013, 05:52 AM
Hi

I have recently started lifting, but i'm a bit of a novice so I could really use some advice.

I am training for a 1/2 marathon as well (which is in march 2014), so I do 4 runs a week varying between 3-6miles. I also do 3 gym sessions a week mostly focusing on lifting. What I was wondering was what kind of things people ate, so calories? types of food? did people gain, lose, or stay the same lb-wise? Ultimately I want to burn fat and gain muscle. I'm not overly bothered about the number of the scale but I would like to know what other people have experienced so I know what to expect.

Any help would be appreciated!

alaskanlaughter
11-12-2013, 10:55 PM
when I started weight training, I stopped running....because I had hurt my foot and couldn't run for awhile...anyhow as soon as I started the weights, the scale went crazy and STILL is holding higher than before I started which is frustrating....but I train a lot and I train heaviest that I can manage...I noticed that my body itself got smaller, more toned and stronger although the scale has gone berserk...i'm continuing to do weight training because I like how it's changing my body...I eat about 1500 calories or more daily and I try to focus on protein and healthy choices....I find that, if I don't get enough protein in the hours after weight training, I get ravenously hungry and all willpower is out the window :(