20-Somethings - New haircut to go with goal?

View Full Version : New haircut to go with goal?

ShrinkingStudent
11-12-2013, 02:16 AM
So my goal weight was originally set to get me back to the weight I was when I first weighed myself in high school, after that weight and when I continued to gain I started growing my hair out (probably to hide behind) and ever since then 8 years ago I've had hair to my shoulders or longer.

Now I think I'm finally ready to cut my hair and have booked into a salon for next Wednesday. Even though I know that my weightloss has been amazing I think going back to short hair after it's been with me the whole time I've been (morbidly) obese is just something that i have to do, also I figure that if I'm already changing myself for my weightloss why not throw this in at the same time :).

I'm not going to be making images of my new hair public as I really want to keep it a secret with my full extent of my weightloss for when I head home on December 6th so I can have all the fussing over at once. Anyway that's why I am posting here with a photo of my lovely ponytail and my story, will post a follow up thread/reply when I go through with it in just under a week.
Thanks for reading.

Psav
11-12-2013, 11:22 AM
I just read your other post on how you met your goal and was very excited for you. I am even more thrilled that you are going to cut your hair. While the pony tail is cute for a young guy...show the world what a handsome young man you have become! Congrats again....can't wait to see the new pic.

ILoveVegetables
11-12-2013, 03:13 PM
Ooh, big step. I'm sure it'll look awesome :)

Psychic
11-13-2013, 09:47 AM
Congrats on reaching goal! Your hair is very nice looking. I'm envious of your hair.

I'm sure it will look great short too though. :3

dehtripper
11-13-2013, 10:07 AM
That's friggen awesome!!! My hair feels really tied to my weight journey as well. Its a big step to make a huge change. Congrats!!!

NotSoLittleTimbit
11-13-2013, 07:33 PM
Wow big step, congrats! I also have my hair long to hide my fat...hoping to go really short when i cut down on my weight.

ShrinkingStudent
11-23-2013, 12:54 AM
As was originally promised here is a photo of the haircut, so wierd having so short. Before and after album http://imgur.com/a/TuXNy

Dottington
11-23-2013, 03:07 AM
Looks great!

Arnotts
11-24-2013, 05:17 AM
Such a good idea. I had really short hair throughout my high weight, so I'm doing the opposite and growing mine out with the weight loss then getting a hair colour make over when I'm at goal weight.

Mrs Snark
11-24-2013, 06:45 AM
You look great, so handsome!