Old 11-11-2013, 10:14 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 265/180/145

Height: 5'6"

Default Need a kick in the rear....

I woke up this morning and my resolve is starting to falter. I'm getting burned out I guess?

I've come too far to quit and I've got TOO far to go to just give up again. I'm really fighting the whole, "it's going to take forever why bother" mentality today.

I don't even know where it came from..... Saturday was awesome and then yesterday I just wanted a quiet day to read, didn't work out, and now...... I just don't want to work out period and just go into the break room and pig out on blueberry cake. (curse you unhelpful co-worker).

Sigh....

I am not going to quit. I am going to be swimsuit ready by June. If it wouldn't get me fired and some questioning looks, I'd tack a picture of a bikini clad woman on my office wall at my desk LOL. Hmmm, maybe I should put up a picture of the resort we're staying at instead.

I DO NOT WANT THE BLUEBERRY CAKE!

How do you get through the burned out zone? I'm not really depriving myself.... I mean I had a DQ blizzard on Saturday as a treat and even count it in my calories!!! I woke up early and did the elliptical on Saturday to make sure I got in some exercise that day. Up until today, I've really enjoyed my walks in the pm and was even about to buy a $120 pair of running shoes. Why all of a sudden does all of that drive just go away?

Twitch......
FickleHearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 12:13 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 295/see ticker/150

Height: 5'9

*kick kick kick* Ok now that is out of the way: Everyone loses their stride at some point. You just have to continue on until it comes back. I find it comes in waves, but it comes back sooner if I stay as close to OP as possible even when I am in the "Oh F**k it!" mood. I think it is because than I start feeling accomplished that I am sticking to plan even when I don't want to.

Some people find it helpful to make other shortly obtainable goals in the times that they feel it isn't worth it because it takes to long. Like running a certain number of miles in the week or month. Then you get to celebrate those small goals while still working on the long term ones too.

Good luck! I know you can do it!
pnkrckpixikat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 12:30 PM   #3  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Hugs

Been there done that. All you can do is take it one day at a time. You can do this!
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 12:35 PM   #4  

Height: 5'5"

This is the real danger zone! The blueberry cake won't derail you. Nor will skipping a work-out. But getting caught up in the "This will take so long. Is it really worth it?" cycle definitely will. And the more you give in to things you really should not give into, the more you feed that "Is it really worth it" mentality, which in my mind is generally accompanied by the "One bad day won't kill it. I can start again tomorrow" mindset, which then leads to too many "I can start again tomorrow" days.

Make yourself do your walk. So often, even if I am just going through the motions, it kickstarts my mojo again. I have also started watching videos on YouTube recommended by another poster. Sorry. I don't remember who, so I can't give credit, but I can give you the titles. Fat Doctor, Supersize vs. Superskinny, and Secret Eaters. I am legitimately worried about becoming so large I am immobile, so these videos are highly motivating.

White knuckle times are the worst. But you know what? They usually don't last that long when I stay on plan through them. And then the "honeymoon" times are so much more profitable.

You gots this. No blueberry cake is worth giving up being healthy and fit for your vacation!
LaurieDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 04:27 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 260/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnkrckpixikat View Post
Some people find it helpful to make other shortly obtainable goals in the times that they feel it isn't worth it because it takes to long. Like running a certain number of miles in the week or month. Then you get to celebrate those small goals while still working on the long term ones too.
!
Once again, Pixicat hit the nail on the head. There is no way I will be able to stick with this if all I look at is the total goal, and/or the total time it will take to get me there. Break it up into smaller goals, and reward yourself with non-food related 'prizes' when you reach them- get a pedicure, buy a new outfit, splurge on a spa day. Try not to associate rewards with food. Focusing on the smaller goals will show you just how much progress you're making when you feel like giving up. Hang in there, you're not alone!
smileygirlmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 04:51 PM   #6  
pick your hard

S/C/G: 240/192/145

I'll kick you, if you kick me!
This is in someone's signature here on 3FC and I love it - "People often say that motivation doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing - that's why we recommend it daily." - Zig Ziglar - daily being the operative word
You weren't motivated yesterday? there's not reason why you can't be so tomorrow. Rome was not built in a day.
Kitcherella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 08:34 AM   #7  

Thanks for the kicks everyone!

I got through yesterday with no blueberry cake and I made myself join the gym just to commit myself to something in hopes it'll force me to keep marching on. I went after work and ran into an old crush who has apparently been making use of the weights, and I'm happily married, but a little eye candy while I work out shouldn't hurt too bad LOL.

And talk about motivation! Now I just have to drag my husband up there, who swears he'll go 2 -3 days a week to coach me on the weight machines. But, I'll believe it when I see it.

I spent a good portion of yesterday reassessing my goals and I think I am just going to focus on the smaller ones, like the 18 lbs to 214. I was never expecting to be at goal by June anyways, so why push it? If I'm blessed and hard work gets me there, yippee, if not, then I still will be smaller than I am now and I'll still have an awesome time!
Old 11-12-2013, 01:01 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 295/see ticker/150

Height: 5'9

Good for you!!!!! and eye candy at the gym is always a good thing gives you something to focus on while working out other than how uncomfortable it is lol
pnkrckpixikat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 01:55 PM   #9  
Badass Brokeleg Bunny

S/C/G: 239.2/199.8/170

You know what's better than blueberry cake? Actual blueberries! Buy some on the way home.

When I feel the call of unhealthy food, I try to replace it with thoughts of healthy food THAT IS YUMMIER.

As far as losing my resolve ... I always make sure I have a mini goal just outside of reach ... the type of thing I could attain within the next two weeks. I also recommend keeping around some reminders of how far you've come (if you haven't done before and after photos yet you should).

Switching your primary goal is a great idea ... I track calories, exercise, weight loss, inch loss. When one area discourages me, I switch my focus to the others.

Good luck getting your husband to join you at the gym! If you have trouble, I recommend getting yourself some cute exercise clothes to entice him (it works with my guy).
tefrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 02:03 PM   #10  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitcherella View Post
I'll kick you, if you kick me!
This is in someone's signature here on 3FC and I love it - "People often say that motivation doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing - that's why we recommend it daily." - Zig Ziglar - daily being the operative word
You weren't motivated yesterday? there's not reason why you can't be so tomorrow. Rome was not built in a day.
haha hey tha's me! I love that quote too, because it's so TRUE!!

I almost laugh to myself when I hear someone say (about dieting) "I"VE GOT THIS"

nope, you don't LOL You might for a while, years even, but at some point, EVERYONE feels the "ugh why bother, why not lather myself in butter and roll thru sugar and lick it all off" LOL

it's a weird method maybe, but what success I've achieved "THIS TIME AROUND" I owe to treating it like housework, like scrubbing toilets. Unpleasant at times, boring as FKK most times, little thanks, but we do it. Day in day freakin' out, we do it. We trudge on, because we want the end result
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 03:27 PM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trazey34 View Post
haha hey tha's me! I love that quote too, because it's so TRUE!!

I almost laugh to myself when I hear someone say (about dieting) "I"VE GOT THIS"

nope, you don't LOL You might for a while, years even, but at some point, EVERYONE feels the "ugh why bother, why not lather myself in butter and roll thru sugar and lick it all off" LOL
This just made me snort water through my nose. ROFLMAO!!

That would get my husband to join me at the gym LOL.
Old 11-14-2013, 01:33 AM   #12  
trying to impress myself

S/C/G: 296/see ticker!/140

Height: 5'4"

Loved reading this, thank you all for the motivation. I needed it
fillupthesky is offline   Reply With Quote