Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-11-2013, 10:08 AM   #1  

S/C/G: SW: 225/ CW:180.4/ GW: 165

Height: 5 9

Exclamation a little slip up... feeling crappy

So I've been following a low carb plan for a month on Wednesday just eating protein, veggies, cheese healthy fats (no starchy veggies and no corn or beans either)etc.... I'm not really measuring my carbs but that really hasn't interfered with my weight loss. Last Wednesday was weigh in day but it was also the start of my period so when I weighed myself I stayed the same so I am hoping for a big loss this week but now I am not so sure I had two birthday parties to go to on Saturday and while I stuck to my eating plan I indulged in too many alcoholic beverages. I had 2 light beers some wine and some whiskey and then on Sunday I was sticking to my diet and for dinner the guys at work made pecan crusted chicken with seasonal root vegetables (starchy) and I just said yes to it and ate it....my Hunger lied to me and made me feel like they only crusted it with nuts and that is it ....why Would they use any bread crumbs or FLOUR for the crust?? Not to mention the sweetened sauce. So I scarfed that down .....now this morning I am feeling down and I don't know if its real or imagined but I feel my stomach is more bloated. PLEASE I NEED SOME ENCOURAGING WORDS....sooo beating myself up over this. Good news is last night at work my size 16 work pants that used to be too tight were way looser yesterday!!! I'm going to make myself eggs this morning but I am really craving chocolate and starting to have bad thoughts of giving up.

Last edited by skintoskincombat; 11-11-2013 at 10:29 AM.
skintoskincombat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 12:28 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 295/see ticker/150

Height: 5'9

first *hugs* carbs can be tricky little devils, many people find that after cutting carbs they will crave them after a slip up. Our body loves them. Falling off the wagon with carbs can also mean a bit of a bloat in the stomach for a couple of days. But it WILL go away if you get back on track. You CAN do it!
pnkrckpixikat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 01:11 PM   #3  

Height: 5'9"

With Low Carb it's not about weight so much as it is health, muscle and definition. Last year my dad was convinced that I had lost a ton of weight. I said, "Nope! Still the same! Just Low Carbing!" He couldn't believe it and tried to get into a debate!!

You might find yourself hitting a "wall" once you lose 15-30 pounds. Then yes, you do have to be strict low carb. i.e. no cheese, no sauces.

Sounds like you're already doing great! Just carry on!
Inkrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 01:31 PM   #4  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Do not give up. You are doing so good, don't give up on yourself now. All you need to do is STOP worrying about it, take deep breaths, and get back on plan. In a couple of days you won't even care what you ate, it won't matter one bit.

In your life, you are going to occasionally have some off-plan foods, that is no big deal! It really isn't! What you don't want to do is then get upset and cram yourself full of chocolate and throw yourself into a 3 week pity party!

You will be fine. I promise. You really will. Don't panic! Just keep on doing what you are doing and stop yelling at yourself. You had a little treat, now you are back on plan and rocking it, as of this very minute!
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 02:07 PM   #5  

S/C/G: SW: 225/ CW:180.4/ GW: 165

Height: 5 9

Thanks everyone!!! I am already feeling better just ate a grilled cajun chicken salad with grilled onions yummm. Everytime i start feeling down I just have to get dressed for the day because everytime I do that i notice small changes in the way my clothing are fitting! It really is motivating. My boyfriend told me he didn't think I needed to lose any weight and now that I am he is shocked by how much better I look and how much confidence I radiate because of it. No one but close friends notice that ive lost any which can be discouraging...but probably because I am tall... BUT people are commenting on how I've been carrying myself latley and that enough is great motivation The pecan chicken was delicious and it's not the worst thing I could have eaten. Thanks for the support everyone.
skintoskincombat is offline   Reply With Quote