Ideal Protein Diet - IP Daily Chat Monday 11/11/2013

View Full Version : IP Daily Chat Monday 11/11/2013

lisa32989
11-11-2013, 06:46 AM
:welcome2:
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/243142-have-question-about-ip-read-here-first-before-posting-question.html): Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
(http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-exercise-other-important-threads.html)and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/4701599-post49.html)

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/221536-real-cost-cheating-ideal-protein.html)

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/261885-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow.html)
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/268669-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow-volumn-2-a.html)
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/212175-fun-ideal-protein-packets.html)
Fun with Veggie Purees! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/264231-fun-veggie-purees.html)
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/273856-ideal-protein-diet-recipes-4-a.html)
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/270950-ideal-protein-tips-recipes-incredible-weight-loss-center.html)

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html) for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/3427715-post155.html) Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/).

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19)

Ruth Ann
11-11-2013, 07:14 AM
Good morning! Going to spend some time today organizing my IP cupboard - been kind of lax in that department and need to inventory what I have so I can pick up two weeks worth of food this week (coach going on vacation for Thanksgiving week).

Hope everyone has a great Veterans Day and a special thank you to all our vets and their families for their service to our country.

sekc14
11-11-2013, 07:27 AM
WI 3 today, I'm feeling more self confidence. Yay!

sonolady
11-11-2013, 07:47 AM
Happy Monday All!!!! Sending out [COLOR="Purple"]IP POWER[COLOR="Purple"]

Chilly morning here 26 degrees......brrr getting the wood stove going. Loving this 3 day weekend..... needing this extra day.

Misstiff
11-11-2013, 08:02 AM
Goodmorning everyone. I have a confession to make after 43 days of 100% on plan I fell off yesterday while visiting The Apple Barn. Apple cobbler with fresh apples I only get to go on vacation to the mountain once a year so I justified it alittle. Today I'm back on plan and packing a good salad with grilled chicken left over from Apple Barn to take with us to the National Park. Sounds like fun and since it's 28 degrees this morning I better pack some coffee. Have a great day.

nolasmurf
11-11-2013, 09:38 AM
Ugh woke up this morning after a full nights sleep and still feel rotten. Pretty sure I've got the bug. Heading to the pharmacy for sugar free cough drops to help w the scratchy throat and all.

schenectady
11-11-2013, 09:47 AM
Goodmorning everyone. I have a confession to make after 43 days of 100% on plan I fell off yesterday while visiting The Apple Barn. Apple cobbler with fresh apples I only get to go on vacation to the mountain once a year so I justified it alittle. Today I'm back on plan and packing a good salad with grilled chicken left over from Apple Barn to take with us to the National Park. Sounds like fun and since it's 28 degrees this morning I better pack some coffee. Have a great day.

What is important her, it seems to me, is NOT that you went OP, but rather that you have a plan in motion to get back where you want to be.

We did not get to where we are without sometimes eating things that we think we should not, but the trick is not knowing or being able to stop.

Something like your trip was a decision you made based on the value of the experience of being on a vacation in the mountains. You thought it out, made a judgment, and are taking action to get back. Good for you!

Run4three
11-11-2013, 09:50 AM
Ugh woke up this morning after a full nights sleep and still feel rotten. Pretty sure I've got the bug. Heading to the pharmacy for sugar free cough drops to help w the scratchy throat and all.

sorry you feel rotten. It is definitely going around our house, too. Kids and hubby down for the count. I'm keeping my distance! :dizzy:

Be well!

Run4three
11-11-2013, 09:55 AM
Newbie question: Just started (TOM) for the first time since starting IP. In general how do peoples body respond. Mine seems confused. :o I had a few really good days leading up to it (3lbs, 3 days) but now scale hasn't budged in 3 days. Just wondering what to make of it.

Thanks!

exesparz
11-11-2013, 09:57 AM
Good morning! I am feeling better every day and everyone around me is noticing the difference. So happy I was finally able to find a plan that has helped me do much in such a short period of time.

emsmom97
11-11-2013, 10:12 AM
Good morning fellow IPers. Have a confession to make...we went to 2 parties yesterday (I know...busy day!). Made it through the first one without having anything to eat or drink (other than water). It was an open house type thing, so it was easy to steer clear of everything. However, the second party was a Dawali Party (Indian Festival of Lights). There were only 5 couples and it was a sit down celebration dinner. I did NOT have a single drop of anything to drink but water (the host was shocked to say the least) BUT I did end up eating a bit of food. There was absolutely nothing OP. I stayed away from all the appetizers and only had about 2 TB of each dish (there were 5 dishes I tried). I spread the food around my plate so it looked like I was eating more. I didn't want to offend our hosts as they worked hard and we were helping them celebrate an important time in their culture. While I felt a bit guilty for going off plan, I also was very proud of myself. I think I am learning something while on this protocol. I CAN control how I react to different eating situations. I was able to participate in the dinner with everyone, but was still able to control my calorie intake. AND, even better, I was able to not succumb to the pressure of having a drink. It just wasn't worth it to me. I felt I needed to choose one or the other and the calories from the food were more important than the calories in the wine.

So while yesterday wasn't a total success, in a way, it was. I am learning to take charge of those things and I CAN control and to not worry about those things I can't. There is no point in beating myself up for the tiniest of slips...instead, I need to focus on the success that truly was yesterday!

yespositively
11-11-2013, 10:33 AM
Yikes. Just realized that I will be out of IP packets before my next WI. What do you suggest as a substitute?

Slipfree
11-11-2013, 10:37 AM
Can you swing by your clinic to pick up more? That is what I do since I weigh in every two weeks.

yespositively
11-11-2013, 10:38 AM
I can't. Unfortunately the reason my WI is Wednesday is b/c they aren't in the office on Tuesday (and closed today for the holiday).

claustin
11-11-2013, 10:45 AM
Woohoo! Weigh in Monday.....And the result is..... -6.8lbs! So excited right now :carrot:

emsmom97
11-11-2013, 10:55 AM
Woohoo! Weigh in Monday.....And the result is..... -6.8lbs! So excited right now :carrot:

AMAZING!!!:bravo::cb:

dlr9774
11-11-2013, 10:58 AM
It feels so wonderful to stick to the IP plan, and see the pounds coming off. I am approaching my TOM and find not as much lbs coming off. I normally don't eat that much during my TOM so this should be interesting. Motivation for me to feel better about myself, feeling in control of my emotions and what I eat, aswell my beautiful twin boys. Plus our family is going on holiday on Jan 27, 2014 so I also want to be healthy and smaller by then (3 months). Enjoy your Monday. Waiting paitently to get my ticker after 20 days on the 3FC forum, I am told "it" being the "ticker" will just appear as my signature. Here's to hoping.

dlr9774
11-11-2013, 11:02 AM
Newbie question: Just started (TOM) for the first time since starting IP. In general how do peoples body respond. Mine seems confused. :o I had a few really good days leading up to it (3lbs, 3 days) but now scale hasn't budged in 3 days. Just wondering what to make of it.

Thanks!

That is what I am finding around TOM - scale slow to move....:?: But I do think it will show just a bit later.

clbott
11-11-2013, 11:12 AM
It feels so wonderful to stick to the IP plan, and see the pounds coming off. I am approaching my TOM and find not as much lbs coming off. I normally don't eat that much during my TOM so this should be interesting. Motivation for me to feel better about myself, feeling in control of my emotions and what I eat, aswell my beautiful twin boys. Plus our family is going on holiday on Jan 27, 2014 so I also want to be healthy and smaller by then (3 months). Enjoy your Monday. Waiting paitently to get my ticker after 20 days on the 3FC forum, I am told "it" being the "ticker" will just appear as my signature. Here's to hoping.

You can go get your ticker now, you've made 20 posts. click "User CP" in the upper left corner and click :Edit Signature" that is where you pick out your ticker.

Jenny38
11-11-2013, 11:24 AM

Nolasmurf hope you feel better soon. I have had a persistent cough for three weeks and just went on prendisone, a steroid for asthma to get rid of it. It is exhausting.

Ruth4three, so far I have had a different experience in the sat two months. One pound the week leading up to it and 6lbs this time. I think the loss usually balances out in the month. Hang in there:)

[QUOTE=emsmom97;4881183]
So while yesterday wasn't a total success, in a way, it was. I am learning to take charge of those things and I CAN control and to not worry about those things I can't. There is no point in beating myself up for the tiniest of slips...instead, I need to focus on the success that truly was yesterday!

I think you did an awesome job and a real example of making good choices and self control in the real world. I this speaks to how successful you will be on maintenance :carrot:

Yikes. Just realized that I will be out of IP packets before my next WI. What do you suggest as a substitute?

Check out the alternatives thread, there are great ideas there.

sarita75
11-11-2013, 11:26 AM
Good morning all. Hope everyone is going along well! I turned off the computer this weekend, except to log my food on MFP. It felt really nice. I was super-productive with cleaning, laundry, hiking, hanging out, errands, etc. I enjoyed it. Back to the grind now - not that 3FC is a grind. :) I went swimming last night, easily for the first time in over a year. It felt great. I didn't push it, went slow and worked on technique. I also developed my plan to get ready for my 1st 5k mid-January, in connection with the holidays, snowboarding - and start on Thursday with Day 1 of the C25K (Couch to 5k) program. Definitely looking forward to it and got my new running shoes. Woot!

Anyhow, looking forward moreso to P3 now, but am still really nervous. Time to take the training wheels off, I suppose. :)

Yikes. Just realized that I will be out of IP packets before my next WI. What do you suggest as a substitute? You can use the EAS Carb Advantage drinks, generally find-able at pharmacies, walmart, target, etc.

sarahBell
11-11-2013, 11:34 AM

OMG That is so wonderful!!! HUGE :hug: to you!!!

yespositively
11-11-2013, 11:47 AM
sarahBell I am going to pick up a few Quest bars -- I don't have any restricted items left so I will use these as my third item. I am definitely stocking up on Wednesday so this doesn't happen again. I think I'm going to pony up for six boxes so I have a nice supply.

amt6
11-11-2013, 12:01 PM
Good morning all. Hope everyone is going along well! I turned off the computer this weekend, except to log my food on MFP. It felt really nice. I was super-productive with cleaning, laundry, hiking, hanging out, errands, etc. I enjoyed it. Back to the grind now - not that 3FC is a grind. :) I went swimming last night, easily for the first time in over a year. It felt great. I didn't push it, went slow and worked on technique. I also developed my plan to get ready for my 1st 5k mid-January, in connection with the holidays, snowboarding - and start on Thursday with Day 1 of the C25K (Couch to 5k) program. Definitely looking forward to it and got my new running shoes. Woot!

Anyhow, looking forward moreso to P3 now, but am still really nervous. Time to take the training wheels off, I suppose. :)

You can use the EAS Carb Advantage drinks, generally find-able at pharmacies, walmart, target, etc.

So glad you are starting C25k! I know how excited you were to begin. I got through week 3 and have slowed down... mostly because it's been really cold out by the time I get home from work. You are doing phenomenal - hoping to follow in your foot steps soon enough!

safetylady
11-11-2013, 12:08 PM
Happy Veteran's Day everyone, am proud to say that I am a US Air Force Veteran.

Yesterday, the cutest thing happened to me. Was at a party, had my shake before we went, so made a plate of salad greens and broccoli. A little 5 yr old looked at my plate and said, "Your dinner is very green." Love it.

Wahoofan
11-11-2013, 12:12 PM

Are you near a Whole Foods? Their 365 vanilla protein powder in the blue container is nutritionally almost identical to the IP one.

Many people use shakes from GNC which can be purchased individually too.

You can always eat eggs whites to replace a packet. Just be sure you have enough to equal 15g of protein.

yespositively
11-11-2013, 12:14 PM
Are you near a Whole Foods? Their 365 vanilla protein powder in the blue container is nutritionally almost identical to the IP one.

Many people use shakes from GNC which can be purchased individually too.

You can always eat eggs whites to replace a packet. Just be sure you have enough to equal 15g of protein.

Thanks. I think I'll go with eggs since I have them at home (off work today because of Veteran's Day). I am close to WF but it's super gross out today and threatening to snow. I'm glad to know the protein powder is a close match though. Maybe I'll pick some up if the price makes sense just to have around.

PurpleMomster
11-11-2013, 01:00 PM
Hi all! It's Remembrance Day here in Canada, which means a long weekend.

Just waiting to hear whether or not my sister will be getting out of the hospital today. I hope she does, it's easier to heal when you're at home in your own bed.

I'm trying the pulled chicken in the crockpot recipe but with pork - yum! Have to help my son with a diorama today <sigh>. He needs to diagram a poem they are reading about eating while reading, kind of torn on this one, lol!

Have a great IP day!
Jo

claustin
11-11-2013, 01:28 PM
Happy Veteran's Day everyone, am proud to say that I am a US Air Force Veteran.

Thank you so much for your selflessness and for serving your country! Our freedom is owed to people like you! We will never Forget :hug:

sarita75
11-11-2013, 01:38 PM
So glad you are starting C25k! I know how excited you were to begin. I got through week 3 and have slowed down... mostly because it's been really cold out by the time I get home from work. You are doing phenomenal - hoping to follow in your foot steps soon enough!

Time to get some cold weather gear and a headlamp! :) I routinely will run with gloves and a hat, although I tend to take them off as a warm up (I get really warm). Hope we are both able to get out there and get 'er done! :)

lilkel244
11-11-2013, 01:50 PM
Hi everyone! I had my weigh in -2.6! Which means I made my first -25lbs and my first mini goal (and eyeshadow prize to go with it!!) now onto my next 25 which by the end of I will be at 157 which is so crazy to think! I made "low carb beef stew" for dinner last night, super tasty. My clinic is upset that I am not losing 12lbs a month which is what they want, I lose more like 10. I am honestly happy with what I am loosing, is that bad? I am notoriously a slow looser (on a 1200 a day calorie diet where I worked out and burned on top of that 300 or so calories a day I still only lost like 1lb). So 2 or so works for me! Plus I find this easier then just counting calories. I am nervous for the holidays but so far so good!

PrettyMom09
11-11-2013, 01:56 PM
I can't walk today! I decided to wear a pair of shoes that I had not worn in a while, and I realized they are now too big for me after I made it to the office. I'm walking like a duck trying to keep my shoes from coming off. I got rid of all my pre-IP clothes, but I failed to purge out my shoes. I guess I'll have to replace most of my shoes now. :)

Run4three
11-11-2013, 01:59 PM
I can't walk today! I decided to wear a pair of shoes that I had not worn in a while, and I realized they are now too big for me after I made it to the office. I'm walking like a duck trying to keep my shoes from coming off. I got rid of all my pre-IP clothes, but I failed to purge out my shoes. I guess I'll have to replace most of my shoes now. :)

The image made me laugh!! Most people consider the way their clothes fit as a non-scale victory -- never thought about shoes~ :carrot::dizzy::carrot::dizzy:

Clearly a sign of PROGRESS! Way to go!

Run4three
11-11-2013, 02:04 PM
I also developed my plan to get ready for my 1st 5k mid-January, in connection with the holidays, snowboarding - and start on Thursday with Day 1 of the C25K (Couch to 5k) program. Definitely looking forward to it and got my new running shoes. Woot!

Good for you!! I'll be thinking of you on 'day 1'. Its the hardest day!! Running really does have a steep and rewarding learning curve :D Not sure what the weather is like for you - but be mindful of what you wear. Running while freezing and sweating at the same time is really not fun (I live in VT!!!)

yespositively
11-11-2013, 02:11 PM
Hi everyone! I had my weigh in -2.6! Which means I made my first -25lbs and my first mini goal (and eyeshadow prize to go with it!!) now onto my next 25 which by the end of I will be at 157 which is so crazy to think! I made "low carb beef stew" for dinner last night, super tasty. My clinic is upset that I am not losing 12lbs a month which is what they want, I lose more like 10. I am honestly happy with what I am loosing, is that bad? I am notoriously a slow looser (on a 1200 a day calorie diet where I worked out and burned on top of that 300 or so calories a day I still only lost like 1lb). So 2 or so works for me! Plus I find this easier then just counting calories. I am nervous for the holidays but so far so good!

You have such a great attitude. I think you should be assertive and tell your clinic to STOP telling you that 12lbs is an expectation. 10lbs is great progress, and really I think consistent weight loss is better than losing 12lbs fast and then not losing at all

I think 10lbs is GREAT and I'm glad you to, too. Great job. :carrot: :broc:

sarita75
11-11-2013, 02:24 PM

Congrats!! 10# is a great monthly total.

Curious about your beef stew. Can you post the recipe?

lilkel244
11-11-2013, 02:29 PM
You have such a great attitude. I think you should be assertive and tell your clinic to STOP telling you that 12lbs is an expectation. 10lbs is great progress, and really I think consistent weight loss is better than losing 12lbs fast and then not losing at all

I think 10lbs is GREAT and I'm glad you to, too. Great job. :carrot: :broc:

Thank you! That makes me feel better.

lilkel244
11-11-2013, 02:32 PM
Congrats!! 10# is a great monthly total.

Curious about your beef stew. Can you post the recipe?

It was nothing super fancy,
I browned off about a lb of beef stew meat that I dusted with a 0,0,0 cajun seasoning. Then added chopped up leeks, mushrooms and some peppers to the dutch oven and cooked them down. Then a 1lb package of pre-cut up turnips and a box of 0 carb beef broth and 1 can of chopped tomatoes with chilis (read the cans, there are huge differences in the amounts of carbs in these). Then I added one tbl spoon of apple cider vinegar and let it cook for about 3 hours. When serving I topped it with some cut up green onion. It was really tasty and satisfying.

ems70508
11-11-2013, 02:35 PM
I browned off about a lb of beef stew meat that I dusted with a 0,0,0 cajun seasoning. Then added chopped up leeks, mushrooms and some peppers to the dutch oven and cooked them down. Then a 1lb package of pre-cut up turnips and a box of 0 carb beef broth and 1 can of chopped tomatoes with chilis (read the cans, there are huge differences in the amounts of carbs in these). Then I added one tbl spoon of apple cider vinegar and let it cook for about 3 hours. When serving I topped it with some cut up green onion. It was really tasty and satisfying.

This sounds delish! I may try it this week!

lilkel244
11-11-2013, 02:40 PM
I think the Cajun seasoning makes it, just make sure you read the packages before you buy one as a lot of them have sugar (and not a small amount! Some had sugar as the first or second ingredient!)

sarahBell
11-11-2013, 02:41 PM

That does sound yummy. It kind of reminds me Salisbury steak in away! Now that would be good IP comfort food :broc:

ems70508
11-11-2013, 02:51 PM
Tony's is a great seasoning that many 'cajuns' use. It is high in salt so I purchased the salt free version. Never thought about sugar being in it. I get so confused with labels and all the different names of sugar. Is Maltodextrin a sugar? If so, don't get the salt free tony's because it's in it. Although, I've been using it since I started IP and seem to be doing fine...here's the link for those of you who cannot get Tonys in your grocery

http://www.cajungrocer.com/tony-chachere-s-salt-free-creole-seasoning.html

ems70508
11-11-2013, 02:53 PM
ah and I forgot about this one! My coach said it was OK to use Benoit's Best Seasoning!

http://www.cajungrocer.com/benoit-s-best-spicy-salt-free-seasoning-6-oz.html

Ruth Ann
11-11-2013, 03:07 PM

That sounds wonderful - going to have to give dh the recipe so he can make it! (Being married to a chef has it's advantages).

I just had the best lunch- made potato puree flat bread, sauteed up some bell peppers & onions and threw in an ounce of left over pork from last night, made an awesome sandwich type thing and very filling.

sarahBell
11-11-2013, 03:09 PM
Maybe I can call this a personal NSV but I am to the point where my sugar cravings are almost nil (keyword ALMOST) and I can put off having my restricted until 2-3pm with a cup of tea or iced coffee when that major munchies bug strikes. PLUS I am not hungry during the day anymore, evening time is another story BUT I am working on that issue!

amt6
11-11-2013, 03:34 PM

I am a notoriously slow loser as well, and I am down 57.6 lbs in just shy of 6months (including a 2 week trip to Europe where I phased off). I am THRILLED to be averaging 10lbs a month! It took me almost a year to lose 35 lbs on Jenny Craig, so I will take it!! Keep up the good work and you will be at goal in no time!

nolasmurf
11-11-2013, 04:23 PM
Feeling a bit better after some Tylenol and hot tea. I'm going to stop by the pharmacy after work and bit up some vitamin C and sugar free cough drops after work. I didn't make it this morning because I had to stop and get gas. The gas station I go to is small and all the school busses go there so I was stuck for 20 mins trying to get gas. UGH!

I have my biometric screening tomorrow for the company insurance, so I'm kinda excited to compare my numbers from last year to this year now that I've lost some weight.

safetylady
11-11-2013, 04:56 PM
Tomorrow with be the completion of my first full week of my reboot. Until today, I didn't update my current weight in my status. But, now I have because I have to face that fact that I allowed myself to gain back some of my weight loss. I did not phase off of IP, instead I hit goal, slipped perfectly into my gown for my son's wedding and then ate like a little piggy. Do yourself a favor, take the time to see the program all the way through.

ReenHag
11-11-2013, 04:56 PM
Happy Monday, all!

I am seeing tons of losses and NSV's being shared. Congrats, all! Keep it up! I am down about two more pounds to just over 151. Certainly looking forward to the 140's!

NOLASmurf, I sure hope your cold does not hit you like mine hit me. I am still coughing more than a week later! It just lingers, ugh... Feel better soon!

Super grateful to all our veterans and servicemen and women on this Veterans' Day. Thank you for your service and sacrifice.

~ Renee

dak1lls
11-11-2013, 05:06 PM
Congrats to all on NSV's and scale victories! I have not been posting much lately, but enjoy reading everyone's posts.

Nolasmurf I am sorry to hear you are under the weather. I hope you bounce back quickly.

Reenhag, congrats on your continued losses. You are always so upbeat. I love seeing your posts! Can't wait to celebrate with you when you hit the 140's.

Safetylady, I have been in maintenance for 3 weeks now and have fears of slipping back into old habits. It is challenging to control those carb cravings after I eat sweets. I find I was much more comfortable in P1 and P2. I need to find a balance that works for me. I feel better each week but I know this is an ongoing journey and does not end after P3. Thanks for your cautionary words.

Have a wonderful OP evening chicks!

slownsteady
11-11-2013, 08:45 PM
I did not phase off of IP, instead I hit goal, slipped perfectly into my gown for my son's wedding and then ate like a little piggy. Do yourself a favor, take the time to see the program all the way through.

Great advice, and I will tuck this away for future use, for sure!

Was VERY happy today with my weigh in. A couple of weeks ago I had a week-long 'binge' more or less - a bad case of the carb crazies! Since then, beginning last week, I have been diligent about sticking 100% to the program, and today I was rewarded with seeing a 5 lb loss on the scale!!! :carrot:

Now, granted, I haven't weighed in 5 weeks, so this may not seem very exciting, but to me it is!! I'm still 5 lbs less than at my last weigh in, despite my slip up (I won't think about where I would be had I not lost that 2 week period of time - 1 week to gain, 1 week to take off what I gained :) ) Instead, I will just be grateful that I was able to get back on plan, rather than giving up as would have been my old pattern of behavior.

AND - I'm just 1 lb away from being in the 180's and very excited about that! Feels good to be in control again :)

jemma51
11-11-2013, 09:31 PM
I find it offensive that a couch wouldn't celebrate any loss that someone has. I am a slow loser and I would be very upset if a couch made me feel that way.

lisa32989
11-11-2013, 09:42 PM

OMG
first of all, CONGRATS on 25 lbs, 2.6 for this WI AND 10/mo
If my clinic had treated me like that, I'd have fired them very early-on and found a new one.
We have several people here who have found new clinics due to various types of abuse and I think this fits the definition.

We all must remember we are paying customers and we are paying for a service and a BIG part of the service is to have supportive cheerleaders.

Any clinic that expects everyone to lose at a similar speed without taking into account the MANY individual differences needs to go back to "coach" school. Personally, I'd contact IP and let them know how one of their clinics is treating customers (esp since IP LOWERED the avg weeklyweight loss last year, and you are WELL within it!)

Again, many congrats and I'm so sorry you didn't get support a from your coach.

Jenny38
11-11-2013, 10:07 PM

10 is awesome:carrot: My IP coach said that 10 was the goal...to try for 2.5 a week. Anything over is bonus. Keep up the good work and I look forward to hearing about our next 25 lbs loss.

yespositively
11-11-2013, 11:36 PM
Oof art class tonight was hard! Everyone brought in treats: donuts, cheesecake, chocolate cake, chips and salsa... I stayed on plan but man was that tough! This diet isn't too bad when I'm at home, but being out and about is tough.