Living Maintenance - Maintainers Weekly Chat November 11 - November 17

BillBlueEyes
11-11-2013, 06:41 AM
The stores have HUGE stacks of Christmas candy to maneuver about while trying to think of healthy foods. Two full months pushing sugar. There oughta be a law. Since I avoided Halloween candy, I should be able to avoid Christmas candy. It's those d*rn pfeffernusse cookies that call my name.

My goal for the day is to finish moving a cable TV connector from one wall in the living room to another. It sounds like such a simple job, but is taking forever since I have to drill holes and snake wires up and down to the basement and then across.

Have a relaxed Veteran's Day to all who get the day as a holiday.

Mudpie
11-11-2013, 07:28 AM
Hey Bill. Can you come over to my house and connect my desktop computer to the modem in DH's office with the 100 ft. long cable he bought? :lol: Definitely not as simple as it sounds, although the holes are drilled in the baseboards and a short cable, which I keep tripping over as it runs across the center of my office, is connected.

Our household progresses. DH now has a workbench downstairs that he built himself over the weekend from plan online.

Mudpie has apparently been replaced by a wailing banshee. Who begins wailing at 3 a.m. DH is not amused :mad: and has brought out the squirt bottles. We looked up wailing in cats and there are all sorts of reasons that fit out situation with her. I hope this is not permanent - she is LOUD!

Good week all!

Dagmar :)

silverbirch
11-11-2013, 07:29 AM
:wave:

ICUwishing
11-11-2013, 09:31 AM
Happy Monday, everyone! Though that seems a bit of an oxymoron. :chin: I get Friday off - it is the UAW's celebration of uh, Veteran's Day, yeah - it's easier to do it on Friday which happens to be Opening Day of rifle season, and it's not like anybody will be at work anyway.

Sincere thanks and gratitude from me to all of our veterans on today, the real Veterans Day.

I am not sure what happened to the weekend. I know I did a lot of cooking, not enough laundry, and not enough of the things that were on my list.

paperclippy
11-11-2013, 10:26 AM
Good morning folks! We had a night nanny come take care of the girls last night so I actually managed to get one 3-hour and one 4.5-hour stretch of uninterrupted sleep. Hooray!

The doctor appointment Friday went pretty well. I like our doctor and I feel like she was definitely listening to my concerns. She checked them for lip tie and said they did have a tight frenulum, but that it is pretty common and in general does not require surgical intervention unless it is later in life for dental reasons. She recommended we try switching to a wider-base nipple bottles and make sure to pull their lip up instead of letting them roll it under to help them stretch it out and learn to keep their lip up. We ordered a couple different kinds of bottles off of Amazon that should arrive tomorrow. She also is having us continue with giving both prevacid and zantac for another week to give the prevacid more time to work, then either drop the zantac or drop the prevacid. I think they have shown some definite improvement the past couple days so maybe it's working? We also started giving one of them a probiotic (only way to tell if something is effective: use one baby as a control!) to see if that helps, and bought some gripe water to try too.

They've definitely been making some cognitive strides the past week or so. This morning they were much more interested in looking at each other and grabbing each other than they've been in the past. Also they love sitting in their new booster seats we bought and smashing their teething rings on the plastic tray. It makes a really loud noise and they will repeatedly smash it on the tray, then on the side of the chair, then throw the rings onto the floor. I can tell they're starting to connect the dots because they will look at me right after throwing the rings on the floor, like, "Mommy, go pick that up for me!"

Allison, glad Ringo didn't have a blockage!

Dagmar, I hope Mudpie calms down. Maybe she's just adjusting to the new house?

Hi Becky, Bill, and Silver!

traveling michele
11-11-2013, 10:31 AM
Good morning all and Happy Veterans Day. I am thankful to have it off as I was able to have a great visit with dd in Tucson. Currently in the Tucson airport. My flight is showing a 30 minute delay. I'm praying it's not the three hour delay I had coming out Friday night. I planned an early flight home so I could still get stuff accomplished on my day off. Hoping to get home in time to grocery shop, get my nails done, and go to bikram. We will see.

I got some exercise in but my food was pretty indulgent. As was the sodium so I'm sure the scale will be horrendous.

I'm not sure if I'm having sciatica or I did something else to my ankle. I ran on Saturday and then my ankle started hurting. It's still hurting and is tingly. My back hurts but not terribly. Hmmm...

We rode horses yesterday in the mountains with cacti all around. It was gorgeous. I was nervous as I hadn't been on a horse in about five years but it was fun. My dd's horse was named Nelly. She kept wanting to trot so dd would say whoa Nelly! Ha ha!

alinnell
11-11-2013, 10:44 AM
Good morning everyone!

I just realized that due to the holiday we'll have no mail or banking to do today so it'll be really quiet for me at work. I'd like to leave early to get a mani/pedi. Let's hope I can!

Glad you got some good sleep Jessica! And glad the doctor visit went well, also.

Hoping that Michele gets home quickly and safely and that Dagmar doesn't fall over that cord.

saef
11-11-2013, 12:01 PM
No, my company doesn't observe Veteran's Day, though the absence of some thousand cars on the road this morning did make for an easier commute.

I've already done a 45-minute training session on the phone and with a shared laptop screen for a writer who's in the U.K. and heading to Beijing in a few weeks' time.

I'm physically tired. I had a spin class yesterday morning, then a four-mile run, and this morning dragged my carcass to a 6 AM spin class. It ought to be an early bed time for me tonight.

silverbirch
11-11-2013, 12:07 PM
I've already done a 45-minute training session on the phone and with a shared laptop screen for a writer who's in the U.K.

saef, at first reading I assumed it was with someone like me and that we were doing synchronised yoga or something. Hilarious mental picture. You were leading and I was saying, "No, saef! I really can't do that. I'm not as flexible as you! Stop!! I've run out of breath." Let's try it sometime. :lol3:

paperclippy
11-11-2013, 01:39 PM
Saef, I too am at work today. DH was annoyed this weekend because the BMV (Indiana's version of the DMV) was closed for Veteran's Day...on Saturday! :?: BTW how is your managerial job going? You've been in it for several months now right? Or is my brain so fogged it's been over a year?

Dagmar, I was going to comment on something you said in the previous thread but forgot. To add veggies into your meals, I find it's much easier to cook stir-fries and casseroles and pasta sauces and such with veggies in them than to try to have veggies as a side dish. You can really put anything in. Soup is another easy one where you can throw in all sorts of veggies without really affecting anything else in the soup. Also if they're mixed with other things then you don't have the same taste of it as if it was separate. Like I enjoy having spinach in my pasta sauce, but plain cooked spinach? Yuck!

saef
11-11-2013, 05:28 PM
Well, Jessica, now I wonder why you wouldn't have complete total recall of my managerial tenure, what with your twins making you wake in the night over & over again? Of course it's okay. And I started in January, so not quite a year ago. My manager rushed through the promotion so that I could experience a full fiscal year of goal setting, midyear check-in and end-of-year reviews, which are going to be rolling out in a couple weeks' time.

Sometimes I like the job. Yes, sometimes I do. I really like coaching people, listening to them, bolstering them, making suggestions. ("Coaching" is the term everyone uses here for that kind of work. As in a "life coach" only we're a "work coach" or a "writing coach.") It's a bit like trying to help people here identify their issues and achieve their goals. I feel as though I were meant to be doing this.

What I don't like is trying to complete writing assignments on top of the managerial duties. We are always short-handed, with far more work than writers available to take it on. We've been down by two people for several months. I said "yes" to some things that I shouldn't have, to maintain my dept's reputation for being helpful & getting important things done. And I'm paying for it.

Birchie, oh my dear, you're perfectly safe. The Scotsman whom we've hired to travel to Beijing is not so lucky. We have analysts in China whose written English is not good. We end up rewriting vast reports sentence by sentence. I'm sure a lot of their meaning doesn't get through. We're sending a writer over to assist them, since this is an issue upfront in their drafts rather than something an editor can always resolve.

I am full of admiration for this guy who's traveling to China to live there full-time & work for an unspecified length of time. What stress, but what an adventure. I mean, I can barely get through a week in NY & CT.

Mudpie
11-12-2013, 06:31 AM
saef If the guy going to live in Beijing is young and single and without many attachments he probably will have a great adventure - lucky him!

If I had opportunities like that when I was young I would have jumped all over them. If I had them now (and no DH or pets) I WOULD be jumping all over them. There's a whole big part of the world that I will never see and experience and that's a sad regret for me.

DH and I had major fight last night. We will have more. Until things (kitchen, kitchen and KITCHEN) are set up I am going to be very tired and cranky. DH is all gung ho about replacing the cable in my office. I will agree to that and help him but then we move the cabinet in the kitchen and get the electricians in. I am now quite determined to have a functional kitchen by next week. :tantrum:

Who was it invented daylight savings? :rollpin:

Dagmar :twirly:

silverbirch
11-12-2013, 08:16 AM
... whose written English is not good. We end up rewriting vast reports sentence by sentence. I'm sure a lot of their meaning doesn't get through.

This is so very, very time-consuming. I am spending part of my week on this kind of thing (and translating to and fro to make sure as much meaning as possible does get through). It's an interesting development to send a writer to the source of the reports. I wonder whether it will save time in the end.

A friend was an 'English polisher' on China Daily in Beijing. He had a great time and so will your person, I'm sure.

It's a lovely autumn day here. :cool:

Megan1982
11-12-2013, 10:12 AM
Morning all,

I spent my day off taking the dog to the vet and then back to the theatre to work on painting trim on the set. I had a moment where I felt self-indulgent for not thinking about the reason I had the day off, though, and tried to spend some time reflecting and mentally thanking our veterans (didn't see any IRL to thank yesterday). I have spent the majority of my time since Friday working on play things and at the theatre. The set is looking really fantastic! Rehearsals incorporating our technical aspects are also going well - more smoothly than expected, actually. Home stretch. I think I've thrown myself more into this one than any other show, but despite how tired I am I'm really enjoying the challenge. While painting the other day, though, I was thinking next time I do this I'll find a show where I can have an abstract minimalist set. Maybe a few chairs. No walls. Big sets are hard for a community theatre group to pull off!

The dog's intestinal troubles have continued, so I finally took her to the vet yesterday. Our vet has a new partner and I like her a lot. She is friendly and really listened to my plea of "I spent $500 on her UTI last month and I think this is related - please let's do the easy stuff first". I now have on my counter: the rest of a bag of white rice, probiotics, metamucil, prevacid, and antibiotics. I'm out of cooked chicken so I asked BF to cook up another batch of plain chicken for the dog's dinner before I left today. He was rather offended. I left the dog chicken and rice, and him some lettuce. I suspect he'll eat some of the chicken too. Love you honey!

We also started giving one of them a probiotic (only way to tell if something is effective: use one baby as a control!) to see if that helps, and bought some gripe water to try too.

*snort* The scientist in me really appreciates this. I'm glad you like your doctor - so important to feel you have a good repor and they are listening to you. And I'm also glad the girls are sleeping better and the reflux has been better. I don't comment a lot on FB, but the pictures you post are soooo cute!

Dagmar, I completely understand your wanting a functional kitchen. I think a lot of us maintainers in particular are into our food routines and used to being able to prep food for ourselves. I hope you get your kitchen soon!

Saef, I think I recall that your company's year also ends around December. Is that right - would that make this your busiest time? Is there an end in sight to this busyness? I'm sure since this is your first year in your new position there is extra pressure to prove yourself.

Michele, I hope you made it home ok. Glad you enjoyed your trip with DD. Your riding trip sounds beautiful! How is your ankle today?

Bill, Christmas things have shown up here too. Remember when it used to be an unofficial rule that Christmas stuff didn't go up until the day after Thanksgiving? I miss those days. I don't walk down the center two aisles at CVS.

Hi Silver! Hi to everyone else too!

I am still sane over here, I promise. Have a good day everyone. :dizzy:

alinnell
11-12-2013, 10:40 AM
It looks like Thanksgiving won't be as big a challenge. The OC folks chimed in with what they're bringing and it cut my food stuff in half. The only challenge now is seating and heating it all up once it arrives.

silverbirch
11-12-2013, 10:47 AM
On the Remembrance theme, and catering for hundreds, any ideas for you here, Allison??

http://www.britishpathe.com/video/camp-kitchen-in-kitcheners-army

traveling michele
11-12-2013, 11:05 AM
Sounds much more doable Allison! That's the right thing to do (bring food and not just show up).

Sorry your puppy is still having issues Megan. My cats are now on a diet of cooked chicken that dh makes for them when he's here. I freeze and thaw it when he's gone!

My flight home was delayed 1.5 hours so I had trouble getting the stuff done I wanted to. I didn't get it all done but I prioritized. My ankle is weird. I don't think it's my ankle but I can't figure out if it's related to my knee that was acting up but feels mostly better now, or sciatica, or something else. The outer side of my foot sometimes is a little numb and tingly. I wish my body would just cooperate and let me be active.

alinnell
11-12-2013, 11:42 AM
Birchy~I don't think I'll get to that extent! We do, however, often grill one of the turkeys so I have more space for reheating things in the ovens. The other turkey goes in the roaster.

Do you all think 36 pounds of turkey will be enough for 33/34 people? Remember that 6 of them are children under the age of 5 and one is a newborn and won't eat anything. My roaster does best on an 18-19 pound turkey and the same with the grill. I can, however, do a larger turkey in the oven if need be.

Time to start making lists...

saef
11-12-2013, 12:00 PM
The Maintainers' animals eat well.

Do you ever scan this thread and think how fortunate we are?

silverbirch
11-12-2013, 12:16 PM
Yes, most days.

Mudpie
11-13-2013, 06:27 AM
Yes, most days.

Me too. I live right near an area where people and their animals are lucky if they eat at all any given day. I give canned goods and PB to the local food bank every month.

Someone organized a food drive for animals several years back - a project for some sort of course she was taking. I was very gung ho back then re dog stuff so I volunteered and helped with the drive.

We collected so much pet food it was kinda embarrassing. There are PEOPLE in great need in the community and here we were drumming up all sorts of food for their pets and not for them.

So now I do my small part to make sure the people have food on the shelves in the food bank too.

Dagmar :dizzy:

CherryPie99
11-13-2013, 09:35 AM
Good morning all!

Since we are talking about our pets, I have some sad news to share. One of our cats - who has been acting completely normal - suddenly stopped eating 2 days ago. We thought that she just had a belly ache and left her alone. But she started just laying there, listless, yesterday and so we checked and she has a huge tumor under her tongue.

It is apparently something called Squamous Cell Carcinoma and there is no treating it. Based on how she was acting this morning I think she'll be gone within 24 hours...

Jen

traveling michele
11-13-2013, 11:15 AM
Oh Jen... I'm so sorry.... poor thing. How old is she? Hugs to you both.

Megan1982
11-13-2013, 12:04 PM
I need advice on gifts for my cast & crew because I'm socially awkward and can't figure out if this is appropriate. I'll say a few words at the cast party this weekend. I've bought personalized gifts (~$25) for my set designer and stage manager who have really, really gone above & beyond - but should I not give them those in front of everyone? (going to have cast & crew sign cards for them). I will also single out the costume designer bc of ego, but her gift doesn't necessarily have to be different than the rest of cast & crew. I'll thank the backstage crew members by name (4 names), the board for their production support, and the cast as a whole (12 people). I think I should get small gifts for the rest of the crew, and probably the actors too (=16 more people). I was thinking I might give them 8 oz jars of my homemade jellies, put them in small gift bags, and put a personal thank-you card in each one. Do you think that's a good gift, or weird? Anyone got any better suggestions? My other thought was $5 starbucks gift cards but haha, we don't have Starbucks here. This is coming out of my pocket, not the theatre group's, so it needs to stay small. The cast & crew include men & women, all ages and economic backgrounds, etc.

Jen, I'm so sorry about your kitty. :hug: I hope she goes peacefully. She's had a good life with you.

Maintainers pets do live well. FYI my dog does normally eat dog food. She's on chicken & rice bc of her upset tummy/system. Michele, if she isn't better by the time I leave on my Thanksgiving trip, I'll cook & freeze meals for BF to give her like your DH. Really you'd think I asked him to perform brain surgery by cooking chicken and giving it to her. Don't get me started on getting him to get her to take a pill.

Allison, what a relief that you will have some help with Thanksgiving. It's only polite for people to offer to bring things. Do you have any neighbors you like who might a) not be home or b) have small groups for the holiday? You could invite them over, and then use their oven too to heat things, or if they'll be gone ask permission to use their ovens.

Dagmar, yes there are people in need, but pets and places like animal shelters and humane societies do have great need, too. Don't downplay your contribution to that.

We are extremely fortunate. I know I've been caught in the middle of a lot of personal stress right now about this play that doesn't actually matter. I'm taking a deep breath and telling myself that - for example the fact that the stupid curtains aren't hanging properly is not worth freaking out over, and I'll try to keep that in perspective. Veteran's Day is another reminder. Many have sacrificed a lot so that we can live our privileged lives. Thank you.

CherryPie99
11-13-2013, 12:44 PM
Megan - I did a lot of theater in high school and college and a little afterwards. I think the gift of jelly sounds WONDERFUL!! Nothing weird about it at all!! And I would not hesitate to give the personalized gifts to those that went above and beyond to them very publically. I am so excited for you with opening night coming!!! I hope you aren't frazzled and can just enjoy the fruits of your labor.

Dagmar - Maybe this makes me a horrible person, but my first thought when you read about the food drive for animals was "Why are animals any less deserving than humans?"

My cat Ezri - I'll have to look up exactly - but I think she is 12. And according to the websites I've looked at, the typical age for this cancer is 12.5. I rescued her as a kitten as she was running across a crowded road and almost got smushed. She has had it pretty good. My husband is more of a cat person and is going to take this VERY hard so I feel terrible for him, too. I just hope she passes quickly - I don't want to take her in and have her put to sleep, I'm hoping she just slips away today, as she is dehydrated and not moving. This happened so quick....

One question - every year we do a group picture of us all to put in Xmas cards. We've already taken the pic and she is in it. Do you think it's weird to include her since she will be gone by the time the cards go out or do you think it's okay to include her?

Jen

alinnell
11-13-2013, 01:11 PM
Jen~I'm so sorry about your kitty. And no, it is not weird to include her in your holiday card. She was part of your family and just because she will probably not be with you over the holidays does not mean she can't be in your photo.

Megan~I think your homemade jellies would make an excellent gift and if you're gifting just about everyone there isn't a reason to give those that have gone above and beyond their gifts at a different time.

Speaking of pets, Ringo is just about 100% back to normal now. This morning he ran in, peed and covered the pee before I had a chance to check the amount. Then he was the first on the counter for breakfast (whereas he is usually very aloof at this time--preferring instead to play with his toys or sit in the living room and taunt me to try and pick him up to carry him to his food). But Chico is having another bad day after having an excellent day yesterday. He refused his food this morning, even after being given his "appetite builder" antidepressant. I ended up having him lie down and I sat next to him and hand fed him (which was gross with the canned dog food that I found which is really thick with gravy, but at least he ate it all).

Mudpie
11-14-2013, 07:25 AM
. . . with that cheese? I'm laughing at myself as I post this. We have lived here all of 2 weeks and I'm really bummed out that everything is not working perfectly. :crazy: I gave myself a timeline to Dec. 31 to get the house in functional order. i should stick to that.

And the 1/2 tub :o of mini cinnamon rolls I ate last night to console myself did not help. It never does and I know that. Moving on today.

As for DH I don't think he'll ever be happy with his life unless he changes it. I can't do it for him. It's hard to live with him right now. I want to be all happy and elated that the house is looking so great but he can only obsess and whine over what's happening at his workplace. We were supposed to start doing other stuff in the evenings but he's plopped in front of the TV with food in hand. SIGH.

I'll have to start finding projects for him to do that don't take a lot of time but that do force him to get up off his ever expanding butt. Getting the kitchen in functional order would be a good one.

There - whine done.

Dagmar :bb:

CherryPie99
11-14-2013, 10:23 AM
Dagmar - I can't imagine how much stress you are going through! One task at a time! I know for me if I think about ALL I have to do, I do a little here and a little there and it seems nothing gets done. But if I set ONE or TWO tasks for the day to COMPLETE, that works better!

Your hubby sounds like he is really struggling. I'm sure you want to hug him and slap him at the same time!

Ezri left us quietly and peacefully yesterday. DH is taking is quite hard as she died in his arms. He does not do well with death AT ALL.

Jen

Megan1982
11-14-2013, 10:24 AM
Morning all,

:tired::coffee2::brr: Over here, and the smilies do reflect my current communication abilities. It's cold for NoFlo. The temp has been in the 30's at night and very windy here the last two days. We did a run-through with full costume last night. There were a few hiccups, but I think we've got a show! Dress rehearsal is tonight and I've invited a small audience to attend.

Jen, earlier this week I was frazzled but still able to enjoy it. Now I'm past my breaking point with sleep deficit, and am just tired. I even thought to myself last night that they had done well, I should be more excited but didn't have then energy (I did try to fake it when giving the cast their end of rehearsal pep talk, lol). I will probably drink some green tea before Friday's show. Saturday I can sleep in so I should be more energetic for the rest of the weekend.

Thanks for the input on the gifts. It's such a large group that for all but SM & set designer I will say something like "I've got a small thank you for each of you here" and after my speech be sure to distribute them to all. I'm trying to get my act together enough to print out a photo or two from our publicity shots for each cast member to put in each of their thank-you card.

Up until this week I had been doing pretty well with eating veggies, not stress eating, and walking the dog for exercise. I would have given myself a B+/A- which is about where I usually am with my normal schedule. This week we've slipped to C territory. Thank goodness BF has been very willing to cover my doggie duties and been doing the dishes. I'm excited for this weekend but also looking forward to get back to my normal routine. My skin is breaking out like crazy right now. It always tells me when I've been less than healthy, both sleep and food-wise.

Dagmar, I know your kitchen isn't fully functional, but it sounds like you've done an amazing job getting rid of the boxes, decorating and setting up your new space. Enjoy it! I imagine the holidays will be particularly sweet this year in your own home. Yes, let yourself have your full deadline to finish.

Bill, have you been notified about that new car yet? :D

Allison, I'm glad Ringo is feeling better. I hope Chico has a better day today than yesterday. I think everyone here would feed their pet the canned dog food by hand if need be. :hug:

Jen, I'm so sorry for you loss. It is so hard when we lose our furry companions. :hug:

traveling michele
11-14-2013, 11:09 AM
Jen-- I'm sorry for your loss but glad it happened so quickly. That is a blessing....

Megan-- good luck! Can't wait to hear how it goes!!
My dd was laughing at the cold weather she's experiencing in Texas. She is loving it while the Texans are complaining. She went for a long walk after work last night and she said she was the only soul out.

My weight is expectedly up after my T-Day feast at work yesterday. What I will do different from most of my co-workers today is to stay away from ALL of the leftovers. I will happily eat my salad for lunch (said through gritted teeth).

The fog has just rolled in and I can't see anything outside. Good thing I made it to work early. We are also having multiple small (around 3.0) earthquakes lately. I missed the one Friday when I was going to the airport, but I felt two Tuesday afternoon and apparently we had one yesterday at school but I didn't feel it-- they are all centered right on top of us which is weird as I didn't think we had a fault right here but I must be wrong.

alinnell
11-14-2013, 11:58 AM
Jen~I'm so sorry for your loss. But I agree, it was nice that it was quick and she didn't suffer much. I'm struggling with trying to decide when will be the best time for Chico. I've resorted to hand feeding a lot of the time because he just isn't interested in eating. I've tried different things to put in or on his kibble and the latest is quite messy but it seems to be enticing for him. It's still hard when you present him with a bowl and he looks at you with those eyes (those eyes!) and turns his head away. So sad.

traveling michele
11-14-2013, 12:42 PM
Allison,
With my Annie (similar bone cancer), we made the decision when she started having difficulty breathing as the cancer had spread to her lungs. I suspect Chico will exhibit similar symptoms and you'll know when it's time. Hugs to you and Chico-- he made it a lot longer than Annie did (she lasted about 9 months after her amputation but we didn't do chemo).

alinnell
11-14-2013, 12:57 PM
Allison,
With my Annie (similar bone cancer), we made the decision when she started having difficulty breathing as the cancer had spread to her lungs. I suspect Chico will exhibit similar symptoms and you'll know when it's time. Hugs to you and Chico-- he made it a lot longer than Annie did (she lasted about 9 months after her amputation but we didn't do chemo).

So far he just has a few short coughing spells--less than 10 seconds--and then he's fine. As long as he can still run around without difficulty breathing, I think he's okay. However, it can be a little unsettling as he starts frothing at the mouth (I'm afraid the neighbors might think he's rabid!).

Megan1982
11-14-2013, 02:15 PM
Allison, I wouldn't worry too much about the neighbors thinking he's rabid! I think rabid when I see a raccoon or possum in the middle of the day, not a neighbor's dog, particularly if it's one I'm used to seeing often. :grouphug:

Jen I forgot to comment earlier that I don't think it's at all weird that Ezri is in your Christmas card or necessary to retake it. It's about your family. Ezri was and still is a part of your family. Nothing strange about it. :hug:

bargoo
11-14-2013, 02:26 PM
Allison, remember what a happy, life you were able to give Chico, He could not have had better,

traveling michele
11-14-2013, 04:29 PM
Bargoo-- how are you doing? I've been thinking about you....

Mudpie
11-15-2013, 06:52 AM
Jen :hug: and one for your hubby too :hug:

Allison Chico will tell you when it's time. Look into his eyes and you'll know when. :hug:

bargoo How are you? :hug:

For everyone else who is struggling with something :grouphug:

Good Friday all.

Dagmar :cool:

saef
11-15-2013, 07:07 AM
Bargoo!

And Jen.

Should've been at the gym about 15 minutes ago. Sitting here breathing, letting the coffee I've drunk percolate through my system to motivate me to put my coat on and venture out in the 6 AM darkness.

paperclippy
11-15-2013, 08:45 AM
Megan, good luck with the play this weekend!

Jen, I'm so sorry about your kitty. :hug: I think it is fine to keep your holiday photo the way it is.

Allison, my parents' dog had bone cancer and by the time we caught it amputation & chemo would have just been putting him through too much (he was 11 years old and a large breed, so already a senior citizen) for not much benefit. It was time for him when he was not eating well and struggling to get up, walk, and lay down. I went home to see him on his last day (I was in college) and it was clear to me from his face that he was ready to go. He got to spend his last day laying on the lawn in the sun and getting hand-fed tiny pieces of milk bones. I still cry when I think about it though. My parents asked the vet for medication to knock him out at home before they took him in because they didn't want his last memory to be a trip to the vet which he always hated. We spread his ashes in the backyard so he would always be in his favorite spots.

Bargoo, nice to "see" you, how are you doing?

We are on day 2 of baby C waking up at 4am screaming with tummy troubles. Sigh. At least the rest of the night has been pretty good. The pattern seems to be that one of them will have trouble for 2-3 days, then we'll get 1 good day, then the other one will have trouble for 2-3 days. If we only had one baby we'd be able to get more 100% good days! :lol: They have their six month appointment at the pediatrician on Tuesday. I think we will drop the prevacid and go back to zantac since they don't really seem any better on the prevacid and it is $$$. We'll try some new bottles out this weekend too and I'm still considering taking them to a pediatric dentist to evaluate their lip tie.

In other baby news though, they are starting to interact with each other! This morning C was watching A grabbing at her feet, and then decided it was a good idea and started grabbing her own feet. I feel like A is on the verge of rolling from back to front so maybe that will happen soon too. This morning I let her use my hands as a push board for her feet and she "crawled" a little bit -- pushed on my hands to scoot forward but held herself up on her hands and moved them forward like a crawling baby would. Of course without the extra help she would have just fallen on her face, but hey, it's still progress! C has started blowing raspberries and A now reliably smiles back when I smile at her, unless she's too cranky. :lol: DH has been doing a great job of getting them to nap in their cribs during the daytime.

traveling michele
11-15-2013, 11:17 AM
Jessica-- they sound so cute (when they aren't crying!)!!

Not sure why but I was extremely tired last night so went to bed fairly early and then had multiple nightmares.

So happy it's Friday! I have tons to do this weekend.... and looking forward to it.

I had an epiphany last night.... regarding my aches and pains.... I think they're all related and I'm hoping a chiropractor can "fix" me. Everything is on one side-- my knee, my back, my tingly foot... I was in yoga last night and I realized that one leg is most definitely shorter than the other (temporarily). Then I remembered back to the weekend. I bought a new pair of jeans. They're a little long (one of the things I need to do this weekend) and I couldn't figure out why I was stepping on one pants leg and not the other. Now I figured it out. I have a call into a chiropractor that comes highly recommended. I'm hoping they have Saturday hours. If not, it may be awhile before I can get in.

My weight was down 2 pounds this morning (after being up and up and up). If it could just do that a few more days I'd be back under my blasted red line!

Shannon in ATL
11-16-2013, 10:43 AM
Back from vacation, and so not ready for the real world yet. :)

I'm sorry about Ezri, Jen. :hug: