Ideal Protein Diet - IP Daily Chat Thursday 11/7/2013

View Full Version : IP Daily Chat Thursday 11/7/2013

lisa32989
11-07-2013, 07:13 AM
:welcome2:
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/243142-have-question-about-ip-read-here-first-before-posting-question.html): Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
(http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-exercise-other-important-threads.html)and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/4701599-post49.html)

NOTE: Attached files in stickies (and elsewhere) have been nonfunctional for the past few weeks. Admin are a aware of the problem & it has been reported to tech support. Links to Googledocs have been added for protocol sheets until technical issues are resolved

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/221536-real-cost-cheating-ideal-protein.html)

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/261885-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow.html)
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/268669-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow-volumn-2-a.html)
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/212175-fun-ideal-protein-packets.html)
Fun with Veggie Purees! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/264231-fun-veggie-purees.html)
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/273856-ideal-protein-diet-recipes-4-a.html)
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/270950-ideal-protein-tips-recipes-incredible-weight-loss-center.html)

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html) for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/3427715-post155.html) Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/).

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19)

shrinkingsusie
11-07-2013, 09:05 AM
I made it to ONEderland!!! Barely... sitting at 199.8 but I'll take it!!!

I may have danced around my bathroom a little bit this morning... :cheer2:

IdealProteinNewbie
11-07-2013, 09:05 AM

:carrot:

Misstiff
11-07-2013, 09:11 AM

I am so happy for you!!! I can't wait to see that number on my scale it's been way to long. Your doing awesome!!!

IdealProteinNewbie
11-07-2013, 09:13 AM
Misstiff: Not doing so bad yourself!

shrinkingsusie
11-07-2013, 09:17 AM
I am so happy for you!!! I can't wait to see that number on my scale it's been way to long. Your doing awesome!!!

You are so close!!!

slownsteady
11-07-2013, 09:29 AM

Yay! Good job! :carrot::carrot:

nolasmurf
11-07-2013, 09:42 AM

WTG Susie!

I am happy to announce I had a big whoosh this week. 6.2 lbs and I almost can't believe it. I must have checked that scale 5 times! :D

lilkel244
11-07-2013, 09:45 AM
WTG Susie!

I am happy to announce I had a big whoosh this week. 6.2 lbs and I almost can't believe it. I must have checked that scale 5 times! :D

That is awesome!!!! :carrot::carrot:

AliExpat
11-07-2013, 09:55 AM
Congrats Susie!!!!

AliExpat
11-07-2013, 10:15 AM
I drove to work today with 3 dozen hot fresh mini jamaican beef patties in my car! What a wonderful smell!! I haven't had one! I just had my coffee and choco peanut bar. Everyone is coming over to get one so hopefully they will all be gone in a few minutes! MUST. RESIST. PATTIES!!!!

Oh! And Congrats Nola!!! 6.2 is AWESOME!!!!!!

Ruth Ann
11-07-2013, 10:43 AM

Congratulations! Doesn't it feel great to know you never have to see a number starting with 2 again? What a great feeling! :broc:

I laughed at myself the other day at the doctor's office - they asked how much I weighed and I said "2 er, no - 184." Still getting used to being less than 200 I guess.

emsmom97
11-07-2013, 10:46 AM

Yeah! So happy for you.:carrot:

dak1lls
11-07-2013, 10:50 AM

WTG! So happy for you! :carrot:

yespositively
11-07-2013, 11:24 AM

:carrot::carrot::carrot:

ems70508
11-07-2013, 11:47 AM
Susie and Nolasmurf CONGRATS!! That's so great for both of you!

Aliexpat-great will power! The other day my boss warned me to hold my nose before I walked outside because a bakery was baking their bread. When I walked out I took a deep breath because I knew that's as close as I would get to it!! hahaah so I hear ya on trying to ignore those smells!

I weighed in this AM...I say ONLY lost 1.2 pounds because I've been pretty consistent with my WI being over 2-3lbs. I started a bit of cardio this week but if that is what slowed me down (water retention) should I wait? I know that resistance training is better for us now, right? Save cardio for later? I still have a ways to go so I think that is my solution....i think...!

brelo
11-07-2013, 11:59 AM
That is exciting Susie and Nolasmurf! Great job!!!

I am cleaning out my closet today and taking a bunch of clothes I no longer fit into to the good will. At the beginning of my weight loss it seemed like it took forever to get into the next size down in my closet. But then I started zooming through the sizes, and some stuff, when I would recheck for fit, I had already shrunk out of!! A good problem to have.

Have a great OP day everyone!

sarita75
11-07-2013, 12:01 PM
Good morning all. Hope you are well. First - the congrats!!

I made it to ONEderland!! Huzzah for you! What an awesome accomplishment, I know you must be ecstatic!

I laughed at myself the other day at the doctor's office - they asked how much I weighed and I said "2 er, no - 184." Still getting used to being less than 200 I guess. Another awesome story, thank you for sharing. I still can't get over that I weigh less than my driver's license says I weigh, which was a lie from when I started (I was 215, my DL said 185). Its strange how our minds work!

I weighed in this AM...I say ONLY lost 1.2 pounds because I've been pretty consistent with my WI being over 2-3lbs. I started a bit of cardio this week but if that is what slowed me down (water retention) should I wait? I know that resistance training is better for us now, right? Save cardio for later? I still have a ways to go so I think that is my solution....i think...!

I am not sure if you saw my posts yesterday about working out and WL. Honestly, there probably wasn't much there so don't bother going back. lol. I started doing more cardio this week. I felt pretty awful, low functioning, hungry/craving, etc. I spoke with my coach yesterday and she stated, flatly, that P1 and P2 do not offer enough calories or carbs to sustain cardio. Light walking? Ok. Light swimming? Ok. A short bike ride sans hills? Ok. What was I was doing? Not okay.

She reiterated the the function of IP is to deplete your glycogen storage so your body has to burn fat and muscle, which is does in equal ratios in ketosis, hence adding back protein in our food, packets, etc. According to her, if we exercise, the body needs more calories - calories it will take from our body. While that sounds great, it takes from all muscle indiscriminately, including the heart muscle. That can lead to issues. While some may disagree with her perspective or simply have their own thoughts, I felt hungry/sick enough that I am going to stop cycling until I go to P3 next week.

As for strength training, I would think the same "if it's light, okay!" mentality will apply. Remember, however, that strength training does involve creating and fixing small tears to the muscle tissue which may be hard to rebuild due to the diet.

Onwards and upwards all! Happy Thursday!

ems70508
11-07-2013, 12:18 PM
Sarita, that explains it so well to me. I knew we weren't supposed to do a lot because we weren't eating a lot of calories, but to understand how our bodies respond is great. thank you!

dmccoy
11-07-2013, 12:20 PM
Hi all! looking for some direction. I think I am allergic to soy. I've been using alternative products. Pure Protein bars and the EAS carb control shakes. I've noticed every time I have a shake (lunch & snack) that cheeks get hot & I get flushed. I've also been waking up with awful headaches and some dizziness (not sure if that's from the soy or not, could just be me:dizzy:)
It was suggested that I try some whey protein shakes, but what brand specifically? Pure protein makes a shake with whey, but labels say they contain soy. I'd like to be able to purchase locally, not online, but will if necessary.
Thanks for any advice.

emsmom97
11-07-2013, 12:22 PM
Sarita, that explains it so well to me. I knew we weren't supposed to do a lot because we weren't eating a lot of calories, but to understand how our bodies respond is great. thank you!

I do know that if you are working out you should have more protein those days to help rebuild the muscle, plus it gives you those extra calories you need to sustain the workout. Without that, you truly don't have enough calories for your body to function properly. I've also been told that once you start working out, your weightloss slows. I'm not sure why. It could be that you are losing fat, but putting on muscle. I guess a pound for a pound so to speak. However, muscle burns more calories than fat, so I guess I'd take the pound of muscle over the pound of fat any day!

yespositively
11-07-2013, 12:30 PM
I love all these upbeat messages today! Must be because the week is more than halfway over. :)

Day 3 for me on IP and so far I am not doing great on this diet-- 8oz of protein is just too much! Managed to eat 6oz yesterday and 2c of vegetables. Aiming for all 8oz and 3c vegetables today.

sarita75
11-07-2013, 12:35 PM
I do know that if you are working out you should have more protein those days to help rebuild the muscle, plus it gives you those extra calories you need to sustain the workout. Without that, you truly don't have enough calories for your body to function properly. I've also been told that once you start working out, your weightloss slows. I'm not sure why. It could be that you are losing fat, but putting on muscle. I guess a pound for a pound so to speak. However, muscle burns more calories than fat, so I guess I'd take the pound of muscle over the pound of fat any day!

The extra packet is true. Or lean protein. She did indicate that, if I do any exercise for more than 10 minutes, I should have an extra packet or lean protein. Thank you EMSMOM ....

GettinHealthyNow
11-07-2013, 12:40 PM

Yay! I know how you feel! I hit it just a couple of weeks ago. SUCH a good day!:carrot: Congratulations!

Jojo381972
11-07-2013, 01:06 PM

Congratulations! That is a huge accomplishment! :carrot::carrot:

Way to go, Nolasmurf! :)

Jojo381972
11-07-2013, 01:14 PM
Good morning all. Hope you are well. First - the congrats!!

Huzzah for you! What an awesome accomplishment, I know you must be ecstatic!

Another awesome story, thank you for sharing. I still can't get over that I weigh less than my driver's license says I weigh, which was a lie from when I started (I was 215, my DL said 185). Its strange how our minds work!

I am not sure if you saw my posts yesterday about working out and WL. Honestly, there probably wasn't much there so don't bother going back. lol. I started doing more cardio this week. I felt pretty awful, low functioning, hungry/craving, etc. I spoke with my coach yesterday and she stated, flatly, that P1 and P2 do not offer enough calories or carbs to sustain cardio. Light walking? Ok. Light swimming? Ok. A short bike ride sans hills? Ok. What was I was doing? Not okay.

She reiterated the the function of IP is to deplete your glycogen storage so your body has to burn fat and muscle, which is does in equal ratios in ketosis, hence adding back protein in our food, packets, etc. According to her, if we exercise, the body needs more calories - calories it will take from our body. While that sounds great, it takes from all muscle indiscriminately, including the heart muscle. That can lead to issues. While some may disagree with her perspective or simply have their own thoughts, I felt hungry/sick enough that I am going to stop cycling until I go to P3 next week.

As for strength training, I would think the same "if it's light, okay!" mentality will apply. Remember, however, that strength training does involve creating and fixing small tears to the muscle tissue which may be hard to rebuild due to the diet.

Onwards and upwards all! Happy Thursday!

How much cardio are you doing, just curious?
I started at the beginning doing two days of interval training on the treadmill and one toning class a week. My losses have been pretty good overall (2-3 pounds a week). I also asked to add another toning class after I lost 20 pounds because I wanted to start toning more. They said it is okay to do that as long as I'm aware that the scale may not move as fast as the more muscle you have the less you will lose (muscle weighs more than fat). On the other hand, I'll be losing a lot of inches which means more to me. In regards to eating extra protein when I work out... sometimes I do add an extra unrestricted pack when I do cardio because I am hungrier and want to restore my energy stores. I've been doing exercise since I started and it hasn't slowed me down at all.

Everyone is different I believe and will lose at their own rate. I know the first two or three weeks of getting on IP is when there is a danger of doing too much cardio as your body is trying to get in ketosis. Hopefully you start feeling better and i can see that if you are running long distances or doing extreme exercise how you could definitely need more food/protein.

CrystalWolf
11-07-2013, 01:19 PM
Congrats on Onderland Shrinkingsusie!!!! Woooooo Hooooo!
Gotta love a whoosh Nolasmurf congrats!!

Looks like we will be dancing for Misstiff soon!

Lovely IP day!!!

PurpleMomster
11-07-2013, 01:43 PM

Woohoo :broc:

Hey, you're pretty close too!

WTG Susie!

Woohoo, that's awesome!

I drove to work today with 3 dozen hot fresh mini jamaican beef patties in my car! What a wonderful smell!! I haven't had one! I just had my coffee and choco peanut bar. Everyone is coming over to get one so hopefully they will all be gone in a few minutes! MUST. RESIST. PATTIES!!!!

Oh! And Congrats Nola!!! 6.2 is AWESOME!!!!!!

Oh, that must have smelled awesome! Great will power!

Morning all! Back to work today for me. I had taken a few days off because my sister had surgery to remove a cancerous portion of her colon on Tuesday. Spent the afternoon with her yesterday, she's doing well but is facing a pretty tough recovery. I was happy to see that they had her up and walking a bit though. We also got to meet one of the hospital's therapy dogs yesterday - he was so sweet and it was great for my sister because she was missing her dog.

I'm trying the IP Chicken a la King/Chicken Pottage today for lunch - my coach convinced me to try it saying it's really yummy - I hope she's right!

Have a great day everyone!
Jo

sarita75
11-07-2013, 01:45 PM
How much cardio are you doing, just curious?

Cycling about 1 hour per day in hilly San Francisco, although actively seeking to avoid steep hills (20 minutes to work from my boyfriends, about 40 minutes home - uphill more and further).

Walking is fine for me for now. I don't have these "issues" that I have been having.

yespositively
11-07-2013, 02:05 PM
I'm trying the IP Chicken a la King/Chicken Pottage today for lunch - my coach convinced me to try it saying it's really yummy - I hope she's right!

I'm trying this one today, too. Here's hoping it's good!

vachinyc
11-07-2013, 02:07 PM

Yay! A Happy Loser Dance! Congrats!

Congrats to you too Nolasmurf! That's awesome!

I drove to work today with 3 dozen hot fresh mini jamaican beef patties in my car! What a wonderful smell!! I haven't had one! I just had my coffee and choco peanut bar. Everyone is coming over to get one so hopefully they will all be gone in a few minutes! MUST. RESIST. PATTIES!

Now THAT is an impressive NSV! You go! Congratulations on the fantastic IP willpower.

Thanks for sharing this info Sarita. And, I'm glad you're able to manage things so that you feel a little better and don't have the cravings.

Happy good news IP Thursday everyone!

Jojo381972
11-07-2013, 02:31 PM
Cycling about 1 hour per day in hilly San Francisco, although actively seeking to avoid steep hills (20 minutes to work from my boyfriends, about 40 minutes home - uphill more and further).

Walking is fine for me for now. I don't have these "issues" that I have been having.
That seems like a lot of exercising, and glad to hear that walking it working for you!
---

I had a few good NSV's yesterday. Went from a 2X shirt to a large and am going to be a poster child at my gym before/after pics..which motivates me to continue and finish. ;)

Have a great day everyone! :)

IdealProteinNewbie
11-07-2013, 02:45 PM
yespositively: Just a head's up...it is 8 oz of protein and 4 cups of veggies per day, both measured raw.

yespositively
11-07-2013, 02:46 PM
yespositively: Just a head's up...it is 8 oz of protein and 4 cups of veggies per day, both measured raw.

I know. I'm working on it. It's hard to eat that much protein and that many vegetables.

kelseys928
11-07-2013, 02:48 PM
congrats to everyone on their great progress!! Just had some delicious cauliflower rice with chicken and soy sauce..yum. I am so full now!! I can't be on a diet if I am this full

IdealProteinNewbie
11-07-2013, 02:56 PM
I know. I'm working on it. It's hard to eat that much protein and that many vegetables.

I know, keep trying. Only wanted to mention that because you wrote 3 cups in your previous post.

itzroxy814
11-07-2013, 02:57 PM
I love all these upbeat messages today! Must be because the week is more than halfway over. :)

Day 3 for me on IP and so far I am not doing great on this diet-- 8oz of protein is just too much! Managed to eat 6oz yesterday and 2c of vegetables. Aiming for all 8oz and 3c vegetables today.

I'm on day 8 and also struggling with that. I measured 8 oz of chicken the first day and was like "No.. way!" I couldn't finish it all! It helps if I try to take a few ounces of protein and eat it with lunch or as a snack so that I don't have to eat it all for dinner! And I am also struggling with the veggies! :( I haven't been very creative yet but am starting to, with cauliflower rice, turnip fries, etc. Once I get some WF ranch dip, I'll be able to eat them raw as a snack!

yespositively
11-07-2013, 03:02 PM
I'm on day 8 and also struggling with that. I measured 8 oz of chicken the first day and was like "No.. way!" I couldn't finish it all! It helps if I try to take a few ounces of protein and eat it with lunch or as a snack so that I don't have to eat it all for dinner! And I am also struggling with the veggies! :( I haven't been very creative yet but am starting to, with cauliflower rice, turnip fries, etc. Once I get some WF ranch dip, I'll be able to eat them raw as a snack!

I'm having 3oz of chicken with lunch today and the rest I'll have tonight in class (evening classes). The 5oz looks much less scary than 8oz. On Tuesday I looked at 8oz of turkey and laughed. No way! I'm going to have to split it.

I'm a really bad veggie eater and I am working my way up to 4cups. I do not like cauliflower! So far I've been eating bell peppers, spinach, and cucumbers. I'm going to do some planning over the weekend to mix it up. Hopefully I'll be up to 4 cups by the time my body goes into ketosis. I definitely don't want to have any digestive issues or deny my body something it needs.

Did you order your WF online? I am thinking of doing that since I haven't been able to track it down in a store yet.

GettinHealthyNow
11-07-2013, 03:31 PM
For the benefit of the newbies here (and amazing that I'm even thinking of myself as 'experienced' at only 9 weeks in myself...!) who are struggling with ways to prepare their food, I thought I'd repost this link which I found on an earlier thread - lots of tasty, easy recipes here for both the meat and veggies, I'm on this site all the time. My go-to is the "Perfect Chicken Breast" recipe. YUM.

http://andoverdietcenter.com/ideal-protein/recipes

Kathy

nolasmurf
11-07-2013, 03:36 PM

Hey Roxy;
I'm a firm believer in splitting the protein into lunch and dinner. I can't eat 8oz of chicken or anything in one sitting.

Good luck on your journey!

caressme
11-07-2013, 03:46 PM

Thats sooo wonderful! you are losing soo wonderfully! I'd lovve to see what you eat in a typical day! Yes a loss is a loss, but your just soaring and rocking this ... way to go and keep up the good work!

brelo
11-07-2013, 05:26 PM
I'm a really bad veggie eater and I am working my way up to 4cups. I do not like cauliflower! So far I've been eating bell peppers, spinach, and cucumbers. I'm going to do some planning over the weekend to mix it up. Hopefully I'll be up to 4 cups by the time my body goes into ketosis. I definitely don't want to have any digestive issues or deny my body something it needs.

Did you order your WF online? I am thinking of doing that since I haven't been able to track it down in a store yet.

I was never that crazy about veggies, either. Most of what I would buy (or ALL of what I would buy) would go bad in the fridge and get tossed into the garbage. NOW, I am running to the produce dept a couple of times a week because I am running out!! In fact, I am going to have to go today because I am down to one lonely zucchini!

You might really enjoy roasting your veggies if you haven't tried that yet. Roasted veggies rival desserts now in my opinion! Wow they are delicious.

I have only found WF dressings at Rosauers.

exesparz
11-07-2013, 05:48 PM

I have the same issue so my Dr said to split it into lunch and dinner. It us so much easier than all in one sitting.

mvngmntns13
11-07-2013, 05:48 PM
I was just thinking the same this morning. It feels so weird to not have to throw out veggies for once, but instead plan properly to use them all quickly!

saskgirl
11-07-2013, 06:12 PM

Contgrats - way to go Susie!!
I guess we will call it a tie ;)
I hit it too this morning - was bummed because my scale said 200.4 (only because mine is usually a bit more than the clinic)
I just about cried when I saw 199.0 at my weigh in
I kept saying to my coach - look at it - look at it!

saskgirl
11-07-2013, 06:17 PM

Try eating two ounces with my lunch so it's not so much at dinner time or for a snack (my second shake is my afternoon snack)

Lol k just read everyone else's posts saying the same ;)
I should learn to read the whole string first!!

lisa32989
11-07-2013, 06:33 PM
Oh man! I had this all typed out and my stupid new computer (that I have named molasses) FROZE (maybe it should be renamed ICE molasses)

Happy dances all around!
I think I was 199.8 when I hit onderland too. It ALL counts! a 1 is a ONE!!!!
:welcome: to Onderland!

Here's the deal. You can wait and the scale will move faster but you'll probably be flabbier
OR
You can start exercising and have the WHO CARES attitude about scale speed. Isn't is all about how we LOOK and feel anyway (in & out of our clothes????)

I recommend the book The Art and Science of Low Carb Performance, which will help you understand exercise while in ketosis. I trust these guys WAYYYYY more than the words of an IP coach.

Hi all! looking for some direction. I think I am allergic to soy. I've been using alternative products. Pure Protein bars and the EAS carb control shakes. I've noticed every time I have a shake (lunch & snack) that cheeks get hot & I get flushed. I've also been waking up with awful headaches and some dizziness (not sure if that's from the soy or not, could just be me:dizzy:)
It was suggested that I try some whey protein shakes, but what brand specifically? Pure protein makes a shake with whey, but labels say they contain soy. I'd like to be able to purchase locally, not online, but will if necessary.
Thanks for any advice.

These items may be available locally. I KNOW they are available at netrition.com
All are both soy and gluten-free
Syntrax nectar
Quest Bars (most of us treat them as restricted)
Simply Chips (also restricted, but the salty, crunchy kind - this company also makes 2 different bars. One is soy/gluten-free)

I also suggest breaking the 8 oz meat up. Have 4 oz at lunch and 4 oz at dinner (or 2 & 6 or whatever). You can have your packets as snacks.
Check these threads (links to all are in the first post of this daily chat)
Fun with Veggie purees- for ideas on how to "get in" more veggies
Recipes #4 (more ideas for incorporating veggies into packets)

Biggest thought: Cook & puree...don't try eating them all raw.

yespositively
11-07-2013, 06:38 PM
I also suggest breaking the 8 oz meat up. Have 4 oz at lunch and 4 oz at dinner (or 2 & 6 or whatever). You can have your packets as snacks.
Check these threads (links to all are in the first post of this daily chat)
Fun with Veggie purees- for ideas on how to "get in" more veggies
Recipes #4 (more ideas for incorporating veggies into packets)

Biggest thought: Cook & puree...don't try eating them all raw.

I had just shy of half my 8oz of chicken (brought it all in one container since I have school tonight) with lunch and was a happy camper. I have all of these "sample" items this week from my coach and it's pretty gross-going, so I was happy to have some "real" food at lunch as well!

I think pureeing is going to help me a lot--- I cooked my bell peppers last night in the left over olive oil in the pan after I cooked up two chicken breasts. That was nice but it doesn't do much to reduce the volume. I think vegetable eating will get easier for me once I find some compliant salad dressing (venturing to Whole Foods this weekend)-- hello spinach!

My coach recommended a fourth packet this week to avoid headaches but I am just not sure I need it. Maybe it's the protein content in these packets but I am feeling super full.

lighthouse101
11-07-2013, 09:25 PM

Congrats! Definitely worth a bathroom dance!

Hey Roxy;
I'm a firm believer in splitting the protein into lunch and dinner. I can't eat 8oz of chicken or anything in one sitting.

Good luck on your journey!

Ditto on 8oz being tough. Dreading phase 2 & 3 for that reason even though I have a ways to go to get there!

Jenny38
11-07-2013, 10:14 PM

Way to go Shrinkingsusie:carrot:

sarahBell
11-07-2013, 10:17 PM

WHOO HOOO!!! You can proudly say ONEderland :broc: I hope to join the onderland click very soon!

shrinkingsusie
11-07-2013, 10:25 PM
Thanks for the kind words and for joining me in my happy dance everyone!

Thats sooo wonderful! you are losing soo wonderfully! I'd lovve to see what you eat in a typical day! Yes a loss is a loss, but your just soaring and rocking this ... way to go and keep up the good work!

Protein packet-wise, two premier protein shakes per day, one for breakfast, one for lunch with my veggies (usually cucumber and bell peppers), typically chicken breast for dinner, but sometimes I mix it up with ground beef/turkey or steak and veggies, (usually broccoli and a salad) and either a detour bar or pure protein bar for snack.

You are rocking this, too!!! Keep up the great work!!

I hit it too this morning - was bummed because my scale said 200.4 (only because mine is usually a bit more than the clinic)

That's awesome!! I knew we would hit it together, since are stats are always so close!!

shrinkingsusie
11-07-2013, 10:31 PM
Happy dances all around!
I think I was 199.8 when I hit onderland too. It ALL counts! a 1 is a ONE!!!!
:welcome: to Onderland!

I need my lifetime membership card to the ONEderland club!

Jenny38
11-07-2013, 10:34 PM

Congratulations :)

lisa32989
11-07-2013, 11:16 PM
I need my lifetime membership card to the ONEderland club!
Me too! Don't ever wanna go back to that other land...

Maxxy
11-07-2013, 11:35 PM
Hello fellow IP buddies. I've been around in the boards but just haven't checked in lately. Things have been going very well. I lowered my goal a few weeks ago by 10 lbs and I am half way there for a total of 40 lbs. I will continue P1 this week and then start my phase off.

I am in a 8-10, so exciting, I never thought I would see and I did it in 20 weeks. It went by soooo quickly and now on my way to a whole new lifestyle.

I'm so proud if myself an I've never looked in the mirror and said I look good. Today....I did. I looked long and hard at myself, and I liked what I saw. That made all the cravings, packages of astronaut food, and money I spent all worth it.

Don't give up....there is no better feeling in the world

Oh yea....I saw Chef Verati on Monday night! He was great! Quite the entertainer and he makes all those dishes look so darn easy. :cloud9:

I plan on being around a little more regularly now and hope to meet all the newbies!

smileyt03
11-08-2013, 06:59 AM
for my weigh in on Tuesday it said that I gaine 2 lbs. That was like the biggest lie ever. I vow to never go out to eat again this year unless im able to order 8oz meat and vegetables. I m in ketosis now and Plan to stay continuously like that. No cheating allowed.