100 lb. Club - Flying thru the 260s and 250 with fun! NEW!!!!

Pages : [1] 2 3

pnkrckpixikat
11-06-2013, 02:24 PM
It's kind of depressing I started the last one and this one... I guess thats what I get for disappearing and falling off the wagon :s

So far so good this time. I am midway through day three and not having any major cravings and not really that hungry. I love the first few days when water weight falls off though. Hopefully I can still stay on track once the scale is not budging as fast. 251.6 this morning with water whooshing so maybe I'll be moving on down soon.

Justaloozer You can do it!!!!

wannaskipandlaugh
11-07-2013, 08:45 AM
Pixikat!.. you will whoosh that extra found water weight really quick and join us in the 240's (I had a scale catastrophy so going thru 240's a 2nd time).. Hurry up and come join us! Glad to see you !

pnkrckpixikat
11-07-2013, 09:47 AM
Oh no! was your scale wrong?!?! I HATE that. Even if you had a set back on the numbers you still lost the weight so don't be discouraged :)

So far so good, I discovered some new foods (for me) at trader joes. I never used to shop there because I assumed it would be super expensive but a friend recommended their chili lime chicken burgers and I picked up some other items as well and they are delish. I think part of the trick to stay on track (for me at least!) is to vary what I eat often enough I don't get bored.

250.8 this morning so my whoosh is slowing but still may put me back into the 240's!

TTYL

smileygirlmel
11-07-2013, 03:15 PM
So this is where I belong... for now. I am hoping not to be here long though! Nice to meet you ladies!

thewalrus0
11-07-2013, 05:53 PM
Hi everyone! I'm just chilling out, not weighing this week due to TOM, but I'm still about 14lbs away from being in the 240's. :P

But I'm really excited to break into the 250's again. I'm hoping I get to 259 this month so I can start heading for the 240's. I'm kind of hoping to be in the 240's by Christmas. :) It would be a nice present to myself, but then again I'd be happy to be at 251 by Christmas as well. Also, 255lbs marks 40lbs down for me, which is really amazing since I haven't successfully lost more than 20lbs in years.

But I might be looking too far ahead, lol. I'm just hoping to break into the 250's this month. :D

I don't mind hanging out in this thread a while. It's amazing that I'm even still losing. :) In fact, on Saturday it'll be my 90th day being binge free, which is fantastic. I have hardly deviated from my new way of eating and I don't think I will anytime soon. I mean, I anticipate some hardships but looking too far into the future will just make it difficult to enjoy the present.

pnkrckpixikat
11-08-2013, 02:15 PM
Congrats for being binge free for so long!!!

I got a new scale and it put me at 249.6 this morning so I am moving on down. Hope to see y'all soon!

makebelieve
11-08-2013, 02:58 PM
Hey all!

It took a long time to get through the 270s and 260s for me. I hit the 250s at the start of October and at first thought I'd fly through them but in the middle of the month I got sick and ended up falling completely off the wagon. I'm back on now... but I've found the more time I spent here on the forum the better I am at sticking to it. :P

I weigh in on Fridays, and I was at 258 this morning. :( (I had gotten down to 251.5 at one point.) But, TOM is probably effecting that.

justaloozer
11-10-2013, 09:52 AM
Welcome smileygirl! Hope your stay here is short!

Congrats thewalrus!!!!!!! 90 days binge free is awesome!

Hi makebelieve. Stick with it!! Water weight SUCKS but the scale will hopefully move after TOM is gone.

Pnkrck yay!!! Yay for joining the next thread down. I will be joining you as well! My scale said 249.8 this morning!!!!!!!! :carrot:

makebelieve
11-10-2013, 08:11 PM
I sure hope so. I've decided to weigh in weekly instead of daily though I did weigh myself yesterday and I was already down 2 pounds! So we'll see what happens on Friday!

thewalrus0
11-12-2013, 04:10 PM
I finally got a whoosh!

This morning I was down almost 4lbs. :) I did drop my calories to 1,800 only because I felt like it was reasonable, after losing 30lbs, and it's still a good amount to be eating. At 2,000 calories I was only losing 1lb a week and I felt like I was eating literally all the time. So now I get to eat a little less and lose a little more without, hopefully, starving to death, but it's been three days and I'm not chewing my own hand or anything.

So I've finally broken into the 250's and it is such a relief. I think my Christmas goal of being in the 240's is definitely possible, and my goal to be 199lbs sometime around May is completely do-able as well.

I know it shouldn't be all about the scale, and it isn't, but for someone my size some of it has to be about the numbers or my motivation would just die.

Anyways, I'm feeling pretty good today. :) I hope everyone else is moving along accordingly. I know the holidays can be rough but we've got this!

Edit: I just noticed that when I reach the 240's it'll also shift my "pounds to lose" from being in the hundreds to being in the 90's. WHOOO. It'll also put me in the 40lbs down category. WHOO AGAIN.

justaloozer
11-14-2013, 07:15 PM
My weight is fluctuating between 250-251. Booooo!!!! I started working a retail job and have had NO time to go to the gym. Must carve out time to work out!!!

thewalrus0
11-16-2013, 03:42 PM
Ooh I'm getting ever closer to 249. :)

I went to a hotel this weekend with my sister at the ski resort out of town and it was kind of tough because I had to break out of my plan by not knowing the nutrition in every thing but I gave it my best shot and I think I actually came in under calories because I was being so careful.

But at no point did I feel I wasn't enjoying my time there because of food and at no point did I feel I was just throwing my plan out the window.

So things are going well! :D

thewalrus0
11-16-2013, 03:42 PM
I hope everyone else is doing equally good!

wannaskipandlaugh
11-16-2013, 06:33 PM
YAY! Good trip and eating for you Walrus! :) and LOOK at you! just about 40 lbs are gone for good WOOHOO! See you soon in the 240's! You and I are 10 lbs appart.. but I am OLLLDDDEEERRRRRRR so I lose slower.. So I will get to visit with you when you get there!! :D

loki
11-17-2013, 04:20 PM
I think I belong here, too! As of yesterday, I'm at 261 and I'm motivated to plow right through the 250s! I'm not gonna let the upcoming holidays get in my way!

thewalrus0
11-17-2013, 04:37 PM
We can all do it together! :)

I hope everyone is doing well today.

MamaPu
11-19-2013, 05:01 PM
Just wanted to say a quick hello! I'm new here, just weighed in at 268, that makes 12lbs in 12 days! Hopefully I fly through here quick as well, but I'm hoping to get to know a few people along the way :)

thewalrus0
11-20-2013, 02:22 PM
Good luck Mama!

MamaPu
11-21-2013, 01:49 PM
Thanks!

makebelieve
11-21-2013, 02:05 PM
Hey guys how is everyone? :)

The scale is finally starting to move back down! 256 today!

Would love to see the 230s by New Years. :o

thewalrus0
11-21-2013, 02:15 PM
My scale popped up about .5lbs today. I'm not sure why but I did have an unusual amount of salt yesterday and I wonder if that's it.

I haven't changed anything in my diet, although I know that even with constant planning and writing down there could be times when I off and sometimes this means less calories and sometimes it means more, so I'm just hoping that after a few days it drops back down.

I also have a bad habit of weighing in every two days. :/ I really need to adjust so I'm just weighing in on one day of the week.

I know I'm not doing anything wrong but when the scale gets touchy it's hard not to panic! But I'm not panicking. I know the scale can fluctuate, especially if you weigh in more than once per week.

So I'm still working for 249lb by Christmas! 8lbs. I can do it!

makebelieve
11-22-2013, 11:38 AM
Friday is my actual weigh in day I usually get on the scale a couple other times during the week too but I only count the Friday weigh in. 255.5 today! :)

MamaPu
11-22-2013, 01:15 PM
Congrats makebelieve!
Walrus-I don't have a scale at home, I weigh at work, but I'm with you, cause I weigh multiple times a shift sometimes! I couldn't imagine if I had a scale at home :/ I'd prob live on it!

MamaPu
11-22-2013, 01:17 PM
Oh yeah, so on a side note, haven't weighed since Tuesday, so I'm excited to see what the scale says later!

makebelieve
11-23-2013, 12:10 PM
.... weighed again today.... 252.5!!!
Water weight? Maybe? But yay!

loki
11-23-2013, 05:31 PM
I weighed in today - down 4.5 pounds to 258! I'm hoping the 250s fly by.

justaloozer
11-24-2013, 09:52 AM
After weighing in two weeks ago at 249.8, my scale jumped back up and bounced around as high as 255! Today I am 251.2. Hopefully I get back down to the 240s soon!

MamaPu
11-24-2013, 10:04 AM
It's going so slow now, ugh, I am so impatient, I just want to be skinny!!

thewalrus0
11-25-2013, 01:52 AM
I'm so impatient to get to 199!

I know they say focus on smaller goals but how can I when Onederland is looming in the distance?!

So anyways, I didn't weigh today but I've been within a few ounces of what my ticker says so I'm not gaining and even if it does go up there no ways it's fat because I'm eating exactly the same. No cheats, no nibbles, nothing.

That means that I'll probably see a whoosh here soon. I'm hoping it's a nice 2-3lb whoosh. :)

But I decided to weigh in again on Wednesday morning, so we'll see. Until them I'm just hanging out, sticking to my way of eating and enjoying myself.

I had a few rough days this week. I'm not sure why. Some days were great and others I would just feel like I'm not eating as much as I want to and having to tell myself it's the binge brain.

Today I'm doing super great. We're having 'Thanksgiving' style dinner this weekend because my parents don't celebrate the holidays but they do love the food. I've planned out a pretty delicious amount of turkey. I'm going to have cauliflower mash instead of mashed potatoes and I'm going to eat a relatively healthy dessert, which will be peanut butter mixed with honey and greek yogurt. It's quite tasty. I also put two jumbo marshmallows in my coffee earlier! It was great and I'm not even over carbs or calories.

I'm just trying to give myself a big pat on the back for not deciding today was going to be a 'cheat' day. There's no reason I can't just eat within my plan and still enjoy the food and the company.

It's a little tough because everyone else in that house walks around talking about how it's going to be a 'fat day' and acting like I'm crazy for even attempting to stay on plan, but it's not their fault, it's all in good fun and they're allowed to have that way of eating but in my mind I know I'd be upset if I went off plan. It wouldn't be worth it to me. So I suppose that's our difference in prerogative.

I'm still crossing my fingers to see 249lbs by Christmas. It's roughly 7.5lbs away though and if I don't get a whoosh here soon I don't know what's going to happen, but I wonder if my body is hanging on because I know my scale hung around 260 for a while.

MamaPu
11-25-2013, 08:29 AM
That's awesome that you already have a plan! I'm sure you'll do just fine sticking to it, and under 250 for Christmas does not seem un realistic at all !!!

For me on the other hand, I'm 267 now, the scale hasn't stopped going down, but it's creeping now :( I'm cooking for thanksgiving, and it's a pretty big thing for my family. Huge turkey, rich buttery sides, sweet creamy heavy desserts...I'm aiming not to go over, but I tend to drink a little more when a lot of family are over, so if anything that will take me over. Last night I was just barely under my calories, and that was because I had gotten in some exercise!! So I'm going to try and lay low in the calorie department for the next few days so if nothing else I can be at or under my calories for the week.

I hope everyone has a great week. I will weigh in tomorrow, and probably Friday again, tomorrow will be a week from my 268 that put me in here :)

shrewlu
11-26-2013, 06:53 AM
I weighed in last Friday at 263! Yay! Now if I can just stay on plan through the rest of this week, with all of the Thanksgiving temptations...

MamaPu
11-26-2013, 07:57 AM
It's def a hard time of year, but I'm sure you will do fine!!

justaloozer
11-26-2013, 09:35 AM
Mamapu I agree! The weight was melting off quickly before and now it is so slow going! I know I need to change things up. I am coasting until the end of this week but next week I hope to revamp things.

thewalrus0
11-28-2013, 04:18 PM
I'm getting quite close to 249!

My goal is to be there by Christmas, so there's still some time, but I definitely think it's going to happen.

I'm trying not to pine for Onederland, but it's so tough! It's still more pounds away than I've lost but I think I'll feel better about it once the scale tips from being closer to 300 to being closer to 200.

It's funny what sort of things I do in my head to encourage myself. :P

justaloozer
11-28-2013, 05:08 PM
I do the same thing thewalrus!

I weighed in at 248.8 today. I am super excited but I am not holding out much hope that it will stay since today is Thanksgiving! ;)

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

makebelieve
11-29-2013, 12:09 PM
Was 249 yesterday morning! :D

... This morning I weigh 252.5

Oops. :P

Losing4another
11-30-2013, 07:47 PM
260 and hope to leave December in the 240's :)

thewalrus0
12-02-2013, 01:22 AM
I feel like the scale is CRAWLING but I know it's not.

I think it's because I just desperately want to be at 249 already.

However, I track my weight in a an app and when I look back I realize I've lost like two pounds this week so I shouldn't be complaining but for some reason after a few days of not seeing the scale move I start to panic. :P

Silverfire
12-02-2013, 12:02 PM
Hey everyone,

Today is day 1 back at it. I kinda disappeared for a while there. I managed to get down 40 lbs before summer and since then have sort of taken a break. Pleasantly surprised at only gaining back about 10 lbs too! Today I weighed in at 266. Packed breakfast and lunch today, and I WILL go to the gym. Kicking and screaming I will make it! Stocking the fridge with all sorts of quick and healthy things so there are less chances for excuses.

Here goes!

MamaPu
12-02-2013, 02:00 PM
Soo I gained a few pounds on my 4 day hiatus lol but was back at it yesterday and didn't do too great :( today I'm right back at it again. Hoping to be 250 for the new year! How was everyone's holiday?

loki
12-06-2013, 04:36 PM
Just weighed in and I'm down to 253! My goal was to be out of the 250s by Christmas and it looks like I'm going to make it!

Judy Lynn
12-06-2013, 08:57 PM
Mind if I join you ladies? Weighed in at 268 this morning. Yikes!

thewalrus0
12-08-2013, 12:39 AM
I found out why my scale was stuck. TOM!

I was a little relieved because it's finals week so I can just ignore my scale and focus on that. I'm still crossing my fingers that I can reach 249 by Christmas, although at this point I'll take 250!

I also deviated from my plan for the first time last night and the world didn't end! I didn't gain back 40lbs and I didn't turn into a food monster! :) So I'm glad, but back on plan today.

I hope you're all having a good December thus far!

loki
12-08-2013, 12:39 PM
Welcome, Judy Lynn!

TOM is coming up for me this week and I'm already noticing the scale struggling. My goal is 248 by Christmas (a total of 30 lbs lost) so we have similar goals! We can do it!

joefla70
12-10-2013, 05:26 PM
Hey everyone,

Today is day 1 back at it. I kinda disappeared for a while there. I managed to get down 40 lbs before summer and since then have sort of taken a break. Pleasantly surprised at only gaining back about 10 lbs too! Today I weighed in at 266. Packed breakfast and lunch today, and I WILL go to the gym. Kicking and screaming I will make it! Stocking the fridge with all sorts of quick and healthy things so there are less chances for excuses.

Here goes!

Hey! Its nice to see a familiar face here. The post you wrote almost describes my experience verbatim I was in this thread back in the middle of June, eagerly awaiting my jump to the 230s and 240s! Well, I made it into the 240s.... I even got down as low as 243 I think. But then ever since then I have been bouncing around between 252 and 257. Then last week I saw the number "6" appear in that middle digit! I knew in the back of my head that if that ever happened, I would have to take action. So, I am now getting back to basics. I have been pretty good these past several months, but not quite as diligent as I had been. Fortunately, for the most part, I was maintaining. So I now know what it is going to take. And it was a bit disheartening to realize that it still took a LOT of effort to maintain! I knew maintaining would be hard, but I didn't realize HOW hard it was going to be. Basically, there will be no going back to any semblance of how I used to eat... for me at least.

After getting back to basics, I quickly took off about 10 pounds. I went from being 260+ to the range of 248 to 250. I would like to finally move out of the 250s for good....and then get through the 240s. Its weird, I got through the 260s and 270s in a flash, but the 240s and 250s are killing me!

thewalrus0
12-12-2013, 01:04 PM
Well the scale dropped to 252 after moving back up to 255 for a few days because of TOM so I'm excited to be nearing my goal of 249 by Christmas!!

Not that I want to leave you guys, but I totally do. :P

I hope you're all doing well and getting along nicely. It's finals week for me so I've been all over the place but today is my last final and then I'm done until January!!! Except I was summoned for jury duty and have to call on Sunday to see if I need to go in but I'm just crossing my fingers that maybe I won't have to.

So that's my life right now, I hope everyone else is doing dandy.

junebug44
12-13-2013, 12:13 PM
Good morning! I'm officially in the 260's so I'm hoping to fly to the 240's with you all!

thewalrus0
12-13-2013, 01:47 PM
Oh my gosh you guys I know I just posted but I had another loss today! I'm just two pounds from my Christmas goal of 249!

Eek! I'm happy. I mean, there's still the very real possibility that the scale sticks until Christmas but I dunno I feel like I'm going to reach my goal.

:D

MamaPu
12-13-2013, 01:58 PM
That's awesome walrus!!! You can for sure hit that!

Today is a weigh day for me. I feel good about it, I haven't been staying in the range I like to for calories, but I've def been under. I've also been hula hooping a lot! Well trying to lol it's hoop drop hoop drop...but I'm getting there, and I've been trying so much my hips are bruising lol

thewalrus0
12-14-2013, 09:55 PM
Hoop dance is so fun!!

If you stick with it you'll love it. At first I couldn't even keep the hula hoop going around my waist and now I can do leg, hip, waist, chest and shoulder hooping! Also, a few tricks, although I'm definitely working on getting better still. You never really stop learning. :P I'm working on the forward waist duck-out and it is so tough right now.

MamaPu
12-14-2013, 11:56 PM
I'm getting better by the day, I just need to find my niche I already love it tho! I was watching my friend try that bent forward one...umm crazy!! I list another 2lb, at 261, almost in the 250s!! Once I hit 249 I'll be the lowest I've been in like 8 years... Hopefully by the new year !

thewalrus0
12-15-2013, 01:46 PM
Yay, I'm 250lbs today guys!

Just one pound away! My goal was 249lb by Christmas and I definitely see that happening so my next goal is 245lbs or under by the first day of classes on January 15th.

I will also have less than 100lbs to lose. Yay!

Lindy87
12-16-2013, 05:32 PM
So excited that I weighed in at WW and was down to 268.2. Hopefully not to go back up again. So excited to have moved on to this thread!

MamaPu
12-16-2013, 08:08 PM
Welcome lindy!

Congrats walrus!

I'm weighing in tomorrow, hopefully I'll be in the 250s!!

MamaPu
12-17-2013, 05:56 PM
259.6!! In the 250s, barely but still there!! And it's TOM too :) happy dance!

thewalrus0
12-18-2013, 01:07 PM
Congratulations everyone!! I hope you're all doing lovely.

I'm officially a solid 249lbs! :)

I'll miss you all until I see you in the next thread!

therecoveringfatchic
12-19-2013, 01:58 PM
Hello! I would like to join you, I have graduated from the 280's - 270's group at 268.8. Mind if I jump in here?

MamaPu
12-19-2013, 02:10 PM
Congrats and welcome!!

MamaPu
12-21-2013, 11:59 AM
Woohoo! Another few pounds closer to my 1st goal!

kailpea
12-21-2013, 12:06 PM
I am finally weighing in at the 260's! I'm super excited, the scale said 264.2 this morning... and if I can lose another 2 lbs by the 31st I will have lost my first 10 lbs since I started trying to lose weight again, all in one month. yay!

therecoveringfatchic
12-21-2013, 12:14 PM
Congrats Kailpea! That first ten feels amazing!

Lindy87
12-23-2013, 03:55 PM
Weighed in at WW today and went up a little but was 269.6 so not back up to 270 so I was happy about that. Hoping to get thru the holidays without gaining.

MamaPu
12-27-2013, 03:14 PM
Survived Christmas without a gain! I don't know how though! How'd everyone else do??

Lindy87
12-27-2013, 03:22 PM
up just .5 for me

therecoveringfatchic
12-27-2013, 05:59 PM
Wow! like you mamapu, I made it through the holidays without a gain, so I am feeling good. That being said, I didn't lose much either. I'm really looking forward to this next year and getting the rest of this weight of. I am officially 50lbs down and feeling amazing!!

Deana509
12-28-2013, 02:51 AM
Hi everyone! I just made it into the 260's this morning at weigh in! I'm new to the "getting out of ***lbs" threads, but I thought I'd post here to get some support and give it too, to those in the same place as me! I honestly didn't know I'd ever be back at this weight (last time I was in the 260's was probably in middle school...) so glad to be here!

MamaPu
12-28-2013, 07:45 PM
Way to go Deana!! Oh and welcome aboard :)

nickadee
12-29-2013, 11:04 PM
I'm new here and am starting at 265. So I think this is where I should be. I am working on planning out my food for tomorrow, and that's my first step. Just have to be sure I get up early enough to make sure I don't run out the door without the right food.

Nicki

therecoveringfatchic
12-30-2013, 02:53 PM
way to go Deana I bet it feels amazing to be in almost unfamiliar territory! Welcome to you and also to Nickadee!

MamaPu
12-30-2013, 09:35 PM
Well I don't think I'm reaching my goal of under 250 for the new year(unless I lose almost 4lb in one day), but I'm way closer than I could have ever imagined having lost almost 30lbs in about 2 months. I can't wait to see what changes my body goes through in this new year!! Here's to healthiness and happiness!!

Lindy87
12-30-2013, 11:00 PM
Was good for Christmas and then fell apart after that. Back to the old thread and hope to be back in this one by next week. Hope to be back here soon.:cry:

therecoveringfatchic
01-02-2014, 11:32 AM
I am getting so frustrated!! I feel like the scale is stuck, and no matter what I do I cannot get it to go down. I have been so good over the holidays, and try to stay active, and I'm still freaking stuck. Anyone have any suggestions?

MamaPu
01-02-2014, 12:04 PM
Try boosting your water intake. It's so frustrating not having that scale move...it'll start to soon!

Deana509
01-03-2014, 12:32 AM
I feel gross this week... Aunt Flow decided to visit, and I think I'm up about 5 lbs in bloating based on stepping on the scale yesterday... I sure hope not, but I know it will go away next week after the bloating goes away, its just annoying...

shrewlu
01-04-2014, 03:08 AM
After not weighing myself for 2 weeks due to travel, I weighed 257.6. That means a net loss of 60 pounds so far and only 6 ounces away from my next mini goal.

Silverfire
01-07-2014, 01:05 PM
Hi everyone!

I'm back again, after the wedding that I worked so hard to lose 40 lbs for, now 6 months later and i'm up about 15 lbs or so. Ugh! The last month has been the worst for stuffing my face with everything I possibly could. That whole fill yourself with as much crap as you can before quitting again, mentality thing...

For 6 months I bought fresh veggies that I had great intentions of making salads with, I am ashamed to admit that nearly all of it was thrown away. I don't know what it was, I just couldn't bring myself to make a salad!

Well, enough of that. Yesterday I went back to the gym after work. It wasn't nearly as horrible as I was imagining it to be. I was expecting to see all of the same people that were there 6 months ago, looking trim and fit. Thankfully the only people I recognized were the ones that were already trim and fit (while thinking to myself, your done! go home!)

For supper last night. I made a salad. BIG HUGE SALAD. With a chicken breast on top. And it was good! Really good, so good I cannot for the life of me figure out what my problem was for the last half a year! Managed to come in under cals by 400 for the day too. Wasn't even hungry at the end of it all.

I was so close to being out of this thread too, now I'm back to the start :)

So here we go. Round two. Me vs Myself. FIGHT
http://p.bfram.es/round-two-fight.jpg

kailpea
01-07-2014, 01:56 PM
Good luck Silverfire! I've let my guard down too. I've realized that it's a lifestyle you just have to adapt to and keep it up. Otherwise the weight just sneaks back and you don't notice until its too late! thats what happened to me.

Silverfire
01-07-2014, 02:12 PM
Thanks Kailpea! I knew that it was a whole lifestyle change when I started this before, but man oh man is it ever easy to just fall back into your old bad routine!

Kate79
01-08-2014, 01:31 AM
Hi everyone! I'm new here and it looks like this thread is where I belong. I'm currently at 262, down from 315 a year ago. My goal is to lose another 50 pounds in 2014, but I always break it down to 5 pounds at a time, so I really like that there are different threads for weight ranges here! It seems like it will be exciting to "graduate" to the next weight class down :)

My main tool for losing weight has been Lose It, but I've been looking for a support forum and people here seem nice :)

MamaPu
01-08-2014, 11:02 AM
Welcome newbies! I've been in here longer than intended...but 4 more lbs and I'm outtie :) I had a rough few days around New Year's Eve, just couldn't seem to get back on track, but I am now, and back to where I was before my mini hiatus. We got this girls!!

Silverfire
01-08-2014, 11:22 AM
268.7 again this morning! Fish and chips for dinner may have been a factor but I still came in under calories.

I am looking forward to a woosh after this weekend (my Birthday, much booze will be drank! Laying off the snacks will be a challenge though)

Welcome to all the noobs :) I hope that your stay in this thread is brief! Kate79 Congrats on your loss so far, and you are right to break it up into smaller bits. It sure makes it less daunting, and this is the best support forum around!

kailpea
01-09-2014, 08:39 AM
Finally weighed in at 10 lbs lost! The scale has been hovering around 263 all week long and I have been willing it to say 262 so I could say I have officially lost 10 lbs. Weighed in today at 260.4. I am so happy!

Silverfire
01-09-2014, 09:51 AM
Down to 265.4 this morning. Pretty happy about that! Did the first day of C25K at the gym. Pulled something in my arm I think. It's very tender today!

kailpea
01-09-2014, 10:51 AM
I really need to get back to the gym. I've had Bronchitis since the end of December and missed a week of work. I finally started feeling better, over the weekend and i have been back at work this week, but I don't know when to start hitting the gym again. I don't want to push myself and I'm still having some coughing fits, but I definitely need to start working out.

Silverfire: I've thought about trying the Couch to 5K, but I have problems jogging/running on the treadmill. I don't know how people do it. I am always afraid I am going to fall off the back! Its too cold where I live to jog outside right now, but maybe I'll try it in a a few months when it starts warming up.

Silverfire
01-09-2014, 01:17 PM
Kailpea if you have a smartphone have a look for some apps to help you out if your interested :) And I know the feeling, I feel so awkward on the treadmill! It should be a foot longer out the back! I don't really run it's slightly more than a bouncy walk... Basically I walk at 2.5 and "jog" at 4.5. I usually hug the front of the treadmill and keep my arms tucked in pretty close to my body.

I have heard of people starting out even just by walking and jogging in place in their house! Could be worth trying :)

Go the gym! Today if you can! Just go there, for me I find that walking in the door is way more than half the battle! Once I'm there isn't not so bad ;) Find something easy like a walk on the treadmill or a ride on the bikes! Might even make you feel a better!

kailpea
01-10-2014, 07:40 AM
Finally made it to the gym last night! Silverfire you're complete right, walking through the door is the hardest part! But I got my husband tho go with me so that helped a lot. We both have the same amount of weight to lose so it nice that we have something to work toward together. I just did 30 minutes on the elliptical, but after a month of zero exercise and being sick, it really wore me out!

I'm going to look at some of those 5k apps you mentioned. I am making some exercise goals right now, and one of them I to participate in some form of exercise outside of the gym. So doing a 5k would count toward that and I have never done one so it will be a new experience.

Silverfire
01-10-2014, 09:57 AM
:woohoo: :bravo:
Kailpea - Awesome job! I really like the C25K program as it eases you into things pretty well I'd say. I hated running in school, I'm hoping that now that it is on my terms, I will get over that residual hate! It's not easy by any means at this point, but it IS totally do-able! Come on over and check out the C25K thread if you like!! January 2014 C25K - Running Wild! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise/291371-january-2014-c25k-running-wild.html)

Also - Kick @ss that your hubby is doing this with you, go team!

Kate79
01-10-2014, 12:26 PM
I weigh in on Fridays and I'm up 4 today, from 262 to 266 :( I'm hoping it's mainly water weight... I had a lot of soy sauce this week. Hopefully that means a nice loss next Friday.

Those of you doing C25k, is it a problem running on the treadmill? I always feel like I'm way too heavy and I'll break it if I try. I really want to start C25k but I planned to wait until Spring when I can do it outside.

Silverfire
01-10-2014, 12:38 PM
kate79 - Not going to lie, the first time on the treadmill was super intimidating. Until I saw some even bigger people going hard on them! It IS NOT like running on solid ground. It's kinda bouncy and wierd at first, but you get used to it. Note that I'm not really "running" on it, I kinda do a fast bouncy joggy thing. You're the same size as me and if I can do it, I'm sure you can too! Come check out the January 2014 C25K - Running Wild! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise/291371-january-2014-c25k-running-wild.html) thread :)

Kate79
01-10-2014, 01:01 PM
kate79 - Not going to lie, the first time on the treadmill was super intimidating. Until I saw some even bigger people going hard on them! It IS NOT like running on solid ground. It's kinda bouncy and wierd at first, but you get used to it. Note that I'm not really "running" on it, I kinda do a fast bouncy joggy thing. You're the same size as me and if I can do it, I'm sure you can too! Come check out the January 2014 C25K - Running Wild! thread :)

Thanks, that's great to know! I still may wait a bit, the last time I tried running I was only 5-10 pounds heavier, and it was still rough on my joints. And yeah I guess bouncy joggy thing is more accurate for me too :) but one day I will run!

Silverfire
01-10-2014, 01:04 PM
Thanks, that's great to know! I still may wait a bit, the last time I tried running I was only 5-10 pounds heavier, and it was still rough on my joints. And yeah I guess bouncy joggy thing is more accurate for me too :) but one day I will run!

Even if you just start with walking on the thing it will help get you one step closer to running! You'll get there :) We all will!

Kate79
01-10-2014, 05:49 PM
Silverfire! Thanks to you I did a little bit of jogging today :) I wasn't going fast at all (3.7mph) and I was only able to do a minute at a time, a few times, but it was a great workout, my calorie burn was double what it would have been just walking. And it wasn't so bad, I thought it would be loud and stompy but it didn't seem any louder than walking. I will probably start C25k on Monday. That way I'll already be somewhat used to jogging once Spring comes and I can workout outside again. Thank you so much for your input!

Silverfire
01-10-2014, 07:23 PM
Silverfire! Thanks to you I did a little bit of jogging today :) I wasn't going fast at all (3.7mph) and I was only able to do a minute at a time, a few times, but it was a great workout, my calorie burn was double what it would have been just walking. And it wasn't so bad, I thought it would be loud and stompy but it didn't seem any louder than walking. I will probably start C25k on Monday. That way I'll already be somewhat used to jogging once Spring comes and I can workout outside again. Thank you so much for your input!

:D:D:D:D:D:D

SO happy to help1

Keep it up coz you rock!

musicteacher82
01-12-2014, 04:18 PM
New to the this thread! I am currently 267! I have been sick since Christmas with a nasty case of bronchitis. I am hoping to being some exercise soon it's just been so hard to breathe! All of my weight loss so far has been from eating little more than soup (I also had a nasty sore throat and eating was painful.)

kailpea
01-12-2014, 07:46 PM
musicteacher82: I just got over Bronchitis last week. I finally finished off my antibiotics today. I lost a ton of weight that week because I couldn't taste ANYTHING. I didn't eat much because everything tasted like cardboard. I started working out again on Thursday, after having been on medication for a week. Be careful, don't push yourself. Even after a week of feeling well, my workout wore me out and it caused me to start coughing a little bit again.

I weighed in today and gained a pound since my last weighing. 261.4. I half expected this though, I ate ALOT of salt yesterday and went over my calorie goal by quite a bit. Oh well, I'm back to eating better today. =)

musicteacher82
01-12-2014, 11:00 PM
kailpea- I am glad you are starting to feel better. This has been lingering horribly on me. Bronchitis is awful :( I am still coughing quite a bit so I think my focus for the next week or so is going to be on what I am eating. I take the stairs at work and I am up and down 2 flights of stairs several times a day so at least I am getting a little exercise in.

Silverfire
01-13-2014, 09:31 AM
Morning everyone! Welcome musicteacher82!

The scale jumped up a bit to 268.6. I assume it was due to the huge huge pile of nachos I made us for dinner last night. Sort of in an effort to use up the rest of the chips and cheese from the b-day party. I loaded it with peppers and tomatoes at least :)

My mom got me a Fitbit Force for my birthday! It arrived in the mail Friday afternoon and it hasn't left my wrist but to shower and wash dishes since I set it up. So much fun, I can't wait to go to the gym and put this little thing to work!! Today will be W1D2 of C25K as well!

I hope everyone who has been under the weather gets better soon :)

CaliforniaDreamer
01-13-2014, 04:24 PM
I guess I should join this thread, I hope you guys dont mind.

I'm trying to get to 190 by August. I know I can do it because it's only 77 lbs in 8 months and since I'm really over weight and my goal isn't too low I should be able to do it. I'm trying to lose a large chunk in the first 2 months of my weight loss so I will be fine when my weight loss slows down after a few months.

SW:267
CW:267
GW:190

Silverfire
01-14-2014, 02:22 PM
Welcome CaliforniaDreamer! Good luck on your journey!

Down to 266.6 today. Lets just continue this downward trend! I am getting much much better about drinking enough water, and sticking to my plan. I made chicken pot pie for supper last night. 300 cals for a serving, a little high in sodium though. Leftovers for lunch today. I'm thinking Salmon and salad for supper tonight!

I'm loving my new fit bit (PM if you'd like a fit bit friend!!) And managed to get to 10000 steps yesterday! That was after the gym (W1D2 C25k DONE!) and wandering around my house for an hour to get the last few hundred in!! :) I think this is going to be a great motivator for me!

MamaPu
01-15-2014, 08:43 AM
Sounds like everyone is doing good! Welcome Californiadreamer! I weighed at 250.2 today! Friday is my official weigh day, and hopefully I'll be out of the 250s without a doubt by then :)

Silverfire
01-15-2014, 10:37 AM
See you in the next thread MamaPu! Way to go :)

265.4 this morning, happy with that since I ended up having nachos for dinner last night. So much for the Salmon plan... Oops. Oh well, I work job #2 bartending tonight, so I'll be running around all night. I am making a point to bring a snack and a water bottle so I don't end up eating the most MSG-filled and bloat inducting (yet delicious) dry ribs and pop combo that staff are entitled to...

kailpea
01-15-2014, 10:55 AM
Congrats MamaPu! Good luck in the 240's!

I weighed in today at 259.6. Finally in the 250's! Woot! My goal by the end of the week was to be a firm 259.0.

Silverfire, I don't think I could work around food without going insane! I would have to have a serious amount of self control. At least you'll be running around, maybe you'll track quite a few more steps tonight with your fitbt. =)

Silverfire
01-15-2014, 11:14 AM
kailpea - :woohoo: 250's! - The pop yeah for sure, but the dry ribs are only awesome going down coz its like 5 minutes later and I get sooooooo bloated, gassy and uncomfortable! Totally not worth it. I am SO looking forward to seeing the extra steps on the fitbit tonight too! Yesterday was pretty bad since I got home and basically laid on the couch till bed time :(

lookin2lose
01-15-2014, 02:50 PM
I hope to see ya'll tomorrow...270.4 today and keeping my fingers crossed that tomorrow puts me in a new thread!!!!!

kailpea
01-16-2014, 05:10 PM
Congrats lookin2lose! We hope to see you here too!

MamaPu
01-17-2014, 09:13 AM
It's official ladies, I'm out of here! Best of luck, hope to see you all soon!

Silverfire
01-17-2014, 09:58 AM
:woohoo: Congrats MamaPu!!! Hope you speed through the next decade!!!

265.4 today. I'm hoping to see 250's not to far into Feb. I bailed on the gym yesterday, I was exhausted from working late the night before. Less than 8 hours of sleep and I am pretty much useless. I didn't eat very well either, went over on cal's by a little :( Was a couch zombie all of last night. Today I'll hit the gym after work and bust out a C25K! See if I can hit those 10,000 steps :)

kailpea
01-17-2014, 11:10 AM
Congrats MamaPu! Can't wait to joint in you in the 240's!

Silverfire, I know how you feel! Less than 8 hours of sleep and I'm useless. I don't know how my husband does it, he functions on about 5 hrs of sleep a night. I wish I could do that. I would get so much done!

I've bailed on the gym this entire week. Its the hardest thing for me. My husband and I work opposite shifts and it would be most natural for me to go workout right after work, but this entire week I've told myself I just want to go home and spend some time with him before he heads to bed. There have been a few times he's gone to the gym with me after I get off, but it's not the best arrangement. At any rate, I'm okay with being lazy this week. It's my last week off before I have to start school again and my schedule is packed.

Weighed in today at 257. I'm losing weight pretty fast. Its a little faster than I had planned. Of course, I've been trying to compensate on my calories for the days I know I'm going to be eating out. We ate out last weekend with my mother-in-law and we're eating out once again this weekend with some friends. So I've just been eating less calories in the week to make up for the fact that I know I am going to go out and eat almost a days worth of calories in one sitting. I don't know if that's healthy or not. Probably not. I don't feel like I'm starving myself though. I'm wondering if I should start having a "weekly calorie goal" rather than a daily one.

Kate79
01-17-2014, 01:03 PM
Congratulations MamaPu!

Today is my weigh in day.... 259!! That's 7 pounds down from last week. I guess my body likes the C25k thing :) And it's down 56 total so far. Woohoo!

kailpea
01-19-2014, 01:23 PM
It's been a very weird weightloss week for me too, KATE79! I weight myself every day and log it, but I just looked back at my previous weight from last Sunday, and I'm down 6 lbs. I weighed in at 255.4 today. Not sure why, considering I haven't worked out this week at all. I've been below my calories on most days, but not enough to lose 6 lbs (or so I thought). Not really complaining, but sometimes rapid weight loss like that concerns me a bit. I just wanna be healthy with it. Oh well, I'm feeling great and my calorie deficit has merely been because I wasn't hungry so I guess I am doing what my body is telling me.

On another note, the husband and I went out for ice cream last night and I got a small in my favorite flavor (I used to get a large) could't finish mine because it was too rich! That's a first for me. I guess that's what happens when you start cutting out the sugar.

Silverfire
01-20-2014, 05:20 PM
Hi everyone, I hope Monday is treating you all well :)

I worked a 10 hour shift on my feet and logged 14000 steps on Saturday night! It was great, but exhausting! When I got on the scale I had gained 5 lbs! Thankfully it was all gone and a bit more by this morning! Down to 264.8. Lets hope it sticks!

kailpea
01-21-2014, 08:48 AM
Feeling your pain Silverfire. . . Weighed myself today and I have gained 4 lbs. Ugh! Hopefully its just water weight and due to the fact that I weighed myself about 4 hours earlier than normal. I weighed in at 258.8 Hopefully I'll be back down to 255 by tomorrow and this isn't a trend. I ate pretty crappy all weekend though, so that could be why. Maybe its all the salt.

Silverfire
01-21-2014, 10:16 AM
kailpea - those 4 lbs should vanish as quickly as they arrived, there is a whoosh (http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/of-whooshes-and-squishy-fat.html) in your near future maybe??

263.2 - I'm down about 6 lbs since Jan 1st. Not too bad, I doubt I can get down 4 more by the end of the month but I am sure gunna try. Skipped the gym yesterday in favor of getting groceries. Forgot some things, so I will have to remember to go back after the gym today. How could I forget yogurt?!?!

Kate79
01-21-2014, 01:28 PM
I just wanna say, I love a good whoosh :)

Silverfire
01-22-2014, 10:17 AM
What was that I was saying about a Whoosh?!?!?!?!

Well, F-Yeah I had one this morning!! 261.8! Maybe that 250's by Feb could happen :D

I Finished W1 of C25K (finally) yesterday, and am eager to get to W2 (probably going to do it twice) I even upped my speed a bit this time. It was good. The gym was pretty full and yet again I couldn't bring myself to enter the free weight area. It was particularly bad this time though, there was half a dozen super big guys in there, making the MOST HORRIBLE noises. I swear some of them were giving birth. I could hear them in the bathroom even. It was a little disturbing! I did do pretty good round on the weight machines at least.

The gym is the best place for people watching I've decided. There is just such a variety. Like the million year old Asian couple, going hard on the treadmill. The super skinny nerdy looking boy, trying to get a little muscle, while clearly enjoying the view of the ladies in the yoga pants! The beefy beef cakes grunting and groaning at each other in the far back corner. The middle aged woman who doesn't have a clue how to properly use the machines but is going balls to the wall anyway... I love it. (K maybe the beefcake grunting I could do without ;) )

kailpea
01-22-2014, 11:42 AM
Silverfire! Congrats on your Woosh! Mine needs to hurry up and get here! I honestly think perhaps this might be a dehydration issue. So I'm going to try and keep track of my water intake for the next few days and see if maybe I can get the scale to drop back down. Gained another lb since yesterday, 259.8. Come on Woosh! I need you!

One of my goals coming up is to start strength training a bit, but I am always so intimidated to go over to the free weight area. I guess I'm just gong to have to bite the bullet and do it.

Bluehoodie2012
01-23-2014, 08:17 AM
Hi everyone...trying to get started yet again and could use some support. I'm currently 261...ready to get this weight off!

kailpea
01-23-2014, 08:32 AM
Welcome Bluehoodie! Good luck, we'll be cheering you on!

Well, I'm back down to 259 today. Ahh. Finally seeing some downward progress again. I refuse to change my ticker though. I made sure to drink 64 oz of water yesterday since I am 99 percent confident I have been dehydrated all week. I looked it up, and there was some literature on the web stating that dehydration can be the cause of rapid weightloss (which I experienced last week) but others reported that it can also cause weight gain (which I experienced this week). So conflicting views on that, but either way I really need to focus on getting adequately hydrated.

Silverfire
01-23-2014, 09:29 AM
:welcome: Bluehoodie, you got this!

:woohoo: Kailpea glad to see you're headed back down! You know what I find helps me drink more water throughout the day? Is a water bottle with a straw. And a good insulated bottle because warm water is icky to drink. And this may sound a little weird, but do you check the color of your pee often? Honestly it is the best indicator of dehydration. Also tracking the water on the fitbit app is pretty handy :)

Yay for 261.8 again on the scale today, it threatened me with 262.2 but settled back down. Lazy day yesterday, didn't do much at all. Made spaghetti squash with black beans and peppers and cheese for dinner and BF DID NOT approve. No more spaghetti squash apparently. It was pretty low on calories and fairly filling so that was good. Back to the gym after work today. More C25K! Work is deathly boring today :(

kailpea
01-23-2014, 01:42 PM
Silverfire, the color of my pee was exactly how I figured out I was dehydrated. I went and bought a 32 oz cup with a straw, it keeps the water pretty cool even after 5 or 6 hours. It helped a lot to have the straw. So I just know I have to go through at least two of those cups and I should be good.

My husband isn't a big fan of spaghetti squash either! He ate it once, but it has to be drenched in butter and cheese for him to tolerate it Kind of defeats the purpose.

Kate79
01-24-2014, 02:17 PM
Down another 2 this week! I'm now at 257 :) Total loss so far is 58. So close to 60!

BethC
01-24-2014, 10:44 PM
I weighed in at 256 today, happy to join you all here!!

kailpea
01-25-2014, 09:47 AM
Congrats Kate79! Almost 58 lbs down is amazing!

I'm down to 257.4 today. Still steadily going down since my weight spike last week. I need to kick my working out into gear. I just got a fit bit, and over the last two days or so I have averaged around 5000 steps a day, which is more that I would have guessed since I have a desk job. I guess getting up and down to get things off the printer that is about 10 feet away has added up. So since that's my average without exercise (and pretty much laying in in bed watching television when I'm not at work) I want to bring that number up a bit. Riestrella's Pyramid Challenge (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/291454-ries-weight-loss-pyramid-challenge.html) at the 20-something forum starts monday and my first Exercise Goal is to got to the gym and do at least 30 minutes of cardio 2x a week. And the weather is supposed to be nice today so I think I'll go walk outside.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Silverfire
01-27-2014, 09:52 AM
Awesome Kate79! keep it up! :)

:welcome: Beth C! Hope you speed through this decade and onto the next :)

kailpea lol, I don't think BF could handle it with butter and cheese even! Oh well. Glad that you've got your hydration sorted out, I got really bad there for a while for not drinking enough water and as soon as I kicked it back up I felt better right away (I notice I use way less chapstick too!) I had to check out the pyramid thing that you were talking about and thought it was pretty cool so I joined in :) I definitely have some things I need to work on (like actually GOING to the gym, not just saying I will! and not finding every excuse for a "just a little treat") Awesome that your numbers are headed back down! I'm a little ticked at my scale this morning as it went up to 263.2 :( I didn't weigh over the weekend and wasn't particularly on plan either... oops. I won't feel toooo guilty for the 6 year anniversary mud pie we shared at lunch on Saturday though ;) Damn it was good.

I hope everyone had a great weekend! Let's kick this weeks @ss!!!

kailpea
01-27-2014, 10:12 AM
The 250's are killing me. Maybe I just need to take a break from the weighing myself every morning. I'm back up to 258.4 again. I wasn't on plan at all last night. I went a good 800-900 calories over. I made the mistake of making my husband a cake, (not sure why I did this, because he's supposed to be losing weight too) but I was the one who ended up eating it late last night with a glass of milk. Oh well, even at 258 I've still lost 8 lbs this month, which is my overall monthly goal so I guess I'm not doing too badly.

I did pretty well with exercising this weekend. We had some unseasonably warm weather so on saturday I went on a 6 mile walk/jog. My legs and feet are still burning from it. And yesterday I decided to take a 2 mile detour when I was getting the mail. It's cold again and this week I need to make sure i get to the gym for some cardio at least twice.

BethC
01-27-2014, 10:54 AM
Awesome Kate79! keep it up! :)

:welcome: Beth C! Hope you speed through this decade and onto the next :)

kailpea lol, I don't think BF could handle it with butter and cheese even! Oh well. Glad that you've got your hydration sorted out, I got really bad there for a while for not drinking enough water and as soon as I kicked it back up I felt better right away (I notice I use way less chapstick too!) I had to check out the pyramid thing that you were talking about and thought it was pretty cool so I joined in :) I definitely have some things I need to work on (like actually GOING to the gym, not just saying I will! and not finding every excuse for a "just a little treat") Awesome that your numbers are headed back down! I'm a little ticked at my scale this morning as it went up to 263.2 :( I didn't weigh over the weekend and wasn't particularly on plan either... oops. I won't feel toooo guilty for the 6 year anniversary mud pie we shared at lunch on Saturday though ;) Damn it was good.

I hope everyone had a great weekend! Let's kick this weeks @ss!!!

Thank you!!! I'm happy to be here, but as you said, I'll be happy to speed through too! :grouphug:

Silverfire
01-28-2014, 09:38 AM
262 today. Feeling good after my workout. W2D1 of C25K was pretty hard by the end. I think I am going to go to the gym again today. Mostly just because I don't have anything better to do with myself! That, and I seem to be falling behind on weekly steps, according to Fitbit ;) kailpea - you're totally kicking my @ss in steps this week already!

Kate79
01-28-2014, 01:57 PM
The 250's are killing me. Maybe I just need to take a break from the weighing myself every morning. I'm back up to 258.4 again. I wasn't on plan at all last night. I went a good 800-900 calories over. I made the mistake of making my husband a cake, (not sure why I did this, because he's supposed to be losing weight too) but I was the one who ended up eating it late last night with a glass of milk. Oh well, even at 258 I've still lost 8 lbs this month, which is my overall monthly goal so I guess I'm not doing too badly.

I did pretty well with exercising this weekend. We had some unseasonably warm weather so on saturday I went on a 6 mile walk/jog. My legs and feet are still burning from it. And yesterday I decided to take a 2 mile detour when I was getting the mail. It's cold again and this week I need to make sure i get to the gym for some cardio at least twice.

You are doing great! I had trouble with the mid 260s, I think certain decades can become a mental block for some reason.

kailpea
01-28-2014, 04:24 PM
Silverfire The only reason I'm beating you in steps right now if because of my Saturday 6 mile walk. It's making up for the fact that I didn't even crack 4000 steps yesterday. Hoping to do better with the steps tonight though. What is your daily step goal? I have mine set to 5000 but I should probably up that a little bit to encourage me to do a little more.

Kate79: I totally get what you mean by a mental block. I shed the first 15 pounds so quickly and the weightloss was so motivating. Now it's like pulling teeth to get to 20 lbs down!

CharityMarie
01-29-2014, 03:51 AM
I'm a total newbie to this decade and pretty damn excited about it. I've lost a pretty solid chunk already so I'm assuming (although I'd love to prove myself wrong!) that I'm going to be slowing down on the weightloss decades, so maybe I'll be here a slightly longer stay than the 270-280's -

Either way I'm still totally motivated, and if I graduate from this thread and hit 249.. well.. that's a number I don't think I've seen since 2008.

Glad to be here and hope to see everyone on the downslide.

Silverfire
01-29-2014, 11:12 AM
Kailpea - 6 miles is awesome! I have a **** of a time getting over 5000 steps on a non-gym day. I tend to go home and plant myself in the couch and not move till its time for bed... My goal is for 10,000 steps a day, but really only hit that at the gym or when I'm at job #2. Yesterday after the gym I had to go to the store for a few things and I hit 10,000 steps in the middle of the superstore and I almost shouted!

260.4 today!!! One more will bring me to 10 lbs down this month, and back to where I left off 6 months ago! Woo

I have been thinking that I just need to suck it up and just go to the gym everyday. Even if it's just for a walk on the treadmill. It's on my way home from work, and if I can start auto-piloting myself to the gym, instead of home it will be harder for me to skip the gym that way maybe! There has been many occasions where I just get in my car and zone out and then I am home... not the gym where I should have been going. Then I decide well, I'm already home, I might as well stay there. (even though its like a 4 and a half minute drive back to the gym...) I might as well, I don't do anything between 3:30 and 5:30 (BF gets home then) but watch tv. Might as well watch it at the gym... Something to consider I guess.

CharityMarie - Welcome to the thread! Hope you have a short stay :)

kailpea
01-30-2014, 02:24 PM
Silverfire I looked at my fitbit app this morning and was like "Holy **** Silverfire is killing me." Way to go!

I hope to eventually get to the point where I am doing at least 30 minutes of exercise a day. I'm going to try to work up to it though. I've tried to do the gym thing every day starting out and the only thing it leaves me with is blisters on my feet, and then taking a week or two off.

Back down to 257.4. It scale almost tricked me and read 255.6. . . . .I was so sad this morning. Maybe since the scale wasn't so sure I'll have better luck tomorrow. Either that, or I might need a new battery.

Silverfire
01-30-2014, 02:56 PM
Kailpea - Hahaha thanks! You've already pulled ahead of me! Awesome! I doubt my numbers will be terribly high today, feeling pretty lazy! I won't be going to the gym today anyway as it's free workout and pizza day and I'd like to avoid that madhouse! - And just replace the batteries anyway, It'll give you some peace of mind maybe :)

259.4 this morning!! I was pretty pumped about that, I really hope it sticks! Next weeks is going to be busy busy busy, working a concert Sunday, then shifts at job#2 Mon, Thurs, and Saturday, and plans to visit friends on Wednesday... Fitting gym in might be a challenge!

Kate79
01-30-2014, 03:52 PM
251 today! I can't believe how much C25k has helped with my losses. I was stuck in the 265 range for a while. Looks like I'll be graduating to the next thread level soon!

kailpea
01-30-2014, 04:01 PM
KATE Way to go! You Blew through the 250's congrats!

I plan on starting the C25K in February. I've heard really great things about it from so many people. Right now I can just barely jog 1 minute before I want to die.

Silverfire
01-30-2014, 04:42 PM
kate79 - Woo!!! Nice job! You sure did fly through, I hope you have just as a speedy trip through the next decade!

Kailpea - Doooo it :D You are already ready for W1 if you can jog for a minute! It's terrible, and awesome and I love it and I hate it all at the same time. Thinking about doing it is scary, doing it is hard, but when your done it, you feel pretty great (and tired!!!)

Silverfire
01-31-2014, 10:49 AM
This week has been magic! 258.0 this morning. I could hardly believe it. That makes it 11.2 lbs for the month, with 5 just being this week.... I am SUPER thrilled right now. Seeing that number made it so easy to say no to the fresh, warm Timmies donuts that were sitting out at work this morning! It's going to motivate me at the gym today and hopefully is enough to keep me in check over the weekend! Credit for this weeks success goes mostly to Rie's Pyramid Challange (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/291454-ries-weight-loss-pyramid-challenge-5.html)!!

Today will be W2D3 of C25K, still planning on repeating this week as it is really a struggle to finish that last round of jogging! I am going to have to plan for some serious activity on Saturday to balance out the dinner and drinks plans that are scheduled for that evening!

VikingBride2Be
01-31-2014, 11:11 AM
Hey all!

I weighed in at 268.8 this morning so I'm moving on over from the 270's/80's decade thread. Hope everyone is having a wonderful Friday and feeling fabulous and focused going into the weekend!

Silverfire - That's fabulous! I did C25K the last time I was losing weight. Hang in there, when you jog for 30 minutes without stopping you're just sit there in awe of yourself. :)

BethC
01-31-2014, 01:08 PM
My 1st week back on WW down 4.4!! Still with you all here for at least one more week!!

kailpea
01-31-2014, 02:27 PM
Yay Silverfire! Congrats! 11 lbs in a month is awesome! Welcome VikingBride! I hope this decade is good to you. Beth: Woot! 4 lbs! I have a few friends who do WW. I like the idea that you can eat pretty much anything, as long as it's in moderation.

I'm still hovering around 257. Blah. My body seems to have found the weight it likes and is NOT MOVING. It's so frustrating. I've been struggling with this for almost 11 days now. Well it's going to have to stop throwing it's tantrum and I'm going to have to exert some authority over it. Because this is not going to work for me much longer. Next week I'm going to try and eat a few less carbs and see if that helps kickstart my weight loss again and hopefully starting the first week of C25K will show my weight who is boss!

CharityMarie
01-31-2014, 02:33 PM
I'm don't know why, it's only been two days (lol) but I have this really awful creeping feeling like I'll be stuck at 269 forever O_O

Silverfire
02-03-2014, 12:00 PM
256.8! Seeing the numbers keep going down is awesome, but I know it isn't going to continue like this! I am mentally preparing myself for little change or a gain (water retention) this week with my super hectic schedule. I have to make a point to stay away from job #2 food and pop. I WILL bring my own food, and my water bottle! That's gunna be tough!! Wednesday I am planning to have a night of nachos and pizza and beer... so I think celery for lunch that day :) I managed to get off my lazy @ss yesterday for a few hours and went and flogged some merch for Down with Webster. 4 hours on my feet and 50 bucks in my pocket!

BethC - Woo! Congrats on a great first week! Hope your out of here soon!

kailpea - It'll come! Whooshes work in mysterious ways! Don't worry if you see some water weight on the first C25K day too. Are you counting calories? How many are you shooting for per day?

CharityMarie - Don't let it get ya down man! Stick with it, and the numbers will change! I promise!

kailpea
02-03-2014, 12:47 PM
Silverfire: I shoot for 1700 calories a day, but usually I end up eating 1500 or less. On the weekends I tend to eat a little bit more and I am wondering if be not being strict not the weekends is what's causing me to have this problem. Last night we had friends over and we ordered pizza and had apple pie and ice-cream for dessert, but I tried to compensate for that by eating really light leading up to that. I had an orange and some carrots. The weekend before we went out for greasy burgers.

Wasn't too active this weekend. In fact, I realized that I wasn't even wearing my fitbit on Saturday about halfway through the day. Oops. Oh well, it wouldn't have made too much of a difference because I mainly just relaxed.

Still at 257. The scale once again hovered at 255 and then 256 before landing on the 257. I am thankful at least it didn't go above that.

Going to try and start C25K this week. Might be tough to get out the the gym this week since we're expecting quite a bit of snow. As long as they have the roads clear it will be okay, but my little car gets stuck in snow more than a few inches.

Silverfire
02-04-2014, 10:04 AM
kailpea - Dude I hear you on the weekends thing! Our fridge is usually pretty bare come the weekend and it makes it so hard to not just order a pizza, go out, or cook up a box of mac and cheese :) I do keep a few thin crust pizzas and some other healthy(ish) bagged type meals on hand that you just toss in a skillet and cook. If you have a deep freeze, you can try making up a bunch of meals in advance, so handy to have! I'm still working the last of the lasagna and shepherds pies from the beginning of fall! Sounds like your calorie goals are pretty reasonable too, but maybe try dropping them a bit lower (13-1400) for a week (including the weekend ;)) and see if that jumpstarts things a bit!

BRR!!! It's cold today! -39 with the wind.

Bah! Up to 258.6 this morning. Job #2 was pretty low key last night. Wine and cheese thing where I repeatedly asked to punch people ('s name tags with a hole punch for the wine...) Didn't eat all of the leftover cheese, only had a few cubes. Didn't have any cookies. One girl even asked to share one with me coz she wouldn't let herself have a whole one! lol. I still resisted the half, tho I did consider it! Only had water too. Today is repeat of W2 of C25K at the gym. I am actually looking forward to it, not going yesterday has screwed up my week and I'm having issues remembering it's Tuesday today, I keep thinking its Wednesday :(

I can't wait until my job#2 uniform fits me better... We have to wear a white dress shirt and a terribly unflattering vest. The largest sizes they had available was a mens XL. While I can put it on, its terribly tight and the bottom buttons don't really do up nicely. I'm always terrified that I have bits of belly poking out and am constantly adjusting. I just want to be comfortable and not look/feel like an overstuffed sausage!

kailpea
02-05-2014, 10:14 AM
Silverfire I can't believe the largest size was a mens XL! That's nuts. I know so many guys that wouldn't even work for!

Finally broke away from the 258/257s!!!! Weighed in at 256.2 this morning. Hoping that it sticks! My goal is to be a firm 249 by the end of the month and be done with the 250's forever!

My other goal is to be able to buy a pair of pants the next size down. I've officially worn holes in the thighs of my work pants, but I refuse to go buy another pair until I am a comfortable size 18. I'm wearing a 20 right now, and they are a lot looser than they were, but I'm not sure I am ready for the next size yet. Hopefully no one will notice the holes on my inner thighs before that happens!

Silverfire
02-05-2014, 10:46 AM
Kailpea - It does fit a bit larger than I would have expected it too, but still! Looking forward to having some breathing room! AWESOME that you're movin on down again!! I so understand the "chub rub" holes in pants problem. Crotch/inner thigh is the first thing to go in any pair of pants, and sometimes, it sure doesn't take long to break through :( I have a brand new pair of size 18 jeans that I can't wait to be able to fit into. If I can do another 8-10 lbs this month, it might be sooner than I expected :) You'll be able to get your 18's before you know it!

Well, 257.8 this morning. Today is going to be a high calorie day with beer and nachos on the menu for dinner. I'll only have about 45 minutes to get in a quick C25K and a few squats and plank before heading out to some crazy friends house for the evening. I am working the bar at the "King of Kielbasa" tomorrow, from what I hear everyone just gets really drunk and has a real good time! I like working those kinds of events :)

Halfway through the week guys :)

VikingBride2Be
02-05-2014, 10:54 AM
Weighed in at 268.0 again this morning, but then wandered around the house for a while and hopped back on the scale before my shower and was 267.4. Hoping that the latter was the right weight but logged the first one anyway, just to be safe.

It snowed another 3" this morning with a couple more inches to go this afternoon. Makes getting around so hard because people pretend that they've never seen a snowflake before, freak out, and drive like maniacs.

It can be April any time now.

CharityMarie
02-05-2014, 10:41 PM
Weekly weigh-in clocked me at 267 - this decade is going to drag o.o

Kate79
02-06-2014, 03:54 PM
Goodbye my friends! :) Time for me to head to the 240s thread! Hope to see you all there soon! :)

EvieBaby
02-06-2014, 04:50 PM
Why did I take a break, why, why, why? Ah, well . . . At least (unlike other times in my life, I didn't undo _all_ my hard work. I kept reminding myself, I AM NOT DIETING, I eat better/move more for my health . . . so I'm up a little from when I disappeared because of <insert random excuses that we can all make here> :), but I'm happy to be back. Checking in--and seeing everyone else go through the same temptations and struggles--and CELEBRATIONS--that I go through is really encouraging and motivating.

Kick some butt in February and have fun doing it! :)

EvieBaby
02-06-2014, 04:53 PM
Goodbye my friends! :) Time for me to head to the 240s thread! Hope to see you all there soon! :)

Congrats, Kate! Hopefully I'll join you soon and get to know you better!

EvieBaby
02-06-2014, 04:55 PM
This week has been magic! !

Yay! So good to see you again--and to see your AWESOME progress! Excellent work! :carrot:

CharityMarie
02-06-2014, 11:02 PM
EvieBaby our tickers are so similar! Hopefully we both get out of this decade in a timely manner :)

EvieBaby
02-07-2014, 12:02 AM
EvieBaby our tickers are so similar! Hopefully we both get out of this decade in a timely manner :)

They really are! I'm excited--and I love the idea of us moving on down together. Best of luck this week! :carrot:

kailpea
02-07-2014, 09:30 AM
I've decided not to weigh myself for a week. So of course a few days ago, I had gone down but then TOM hit me like a ton of bricks. Went back up to 259! I know its just water weight, but it's really frustrating to see that on the scale after struggling these last two weeks. So I think I am going to part ways with the scale for a week and see where I am at next Friday.

Did my first day of C25K yesterday and it kicked my butt! I'll be on week 1 for awhile. I finished the program but on the last run cycle, I was so whipped that I couldn't bring myself to jog and settled for speed walking.

grneyedmustang
02-07-2014, 10:34 AM
Peeking in...so after 8 months, I find myself back in the 250's. UGH. Hi everyone and Happy Friday!

BethC
02-07-2014, 12:51 PM
Weighted in today 250.4, down another pound!

CharityMarie
02-07-2014, 12:56 PM
BethC you're so close to leaving this decade thread! Excited for you!

BethC
02-07-2014, 03:38 PM

Thank you!!

BethC
02-07-2014, 03:40 PM

256.8! Seeing the numbers keep going down is awesome, but I know it isn't going to continue like this! I am mentally preparing myself for little change or a gain (water retention) this week with my super hectic schedule. I have to make a point to stay away from job #2 food and pop. I WILL bring my own food, and my water bottle! That's gunna be tough!! Wednesday I am planning to have a night of nachos and pizza and beer... so I think celery for lunch that day :) I managed to get off my lazy @ss yesterday for a few hours and went and flogged some merch for Down with Webster. 4 hours on my feet and 50 bucks in my pocket!

BethC - Woo! Congrats on a great first week! Hope your out of here soon!

kailpea - It'll come! Whooshes work in mysterious ways! Don't worry if you see some water weight on the first C25K day too. Are you counting calories? How many are you shooting for per day?

CharityMarie - Don't let it get ya down man! Stick with it, and the numbers will change! I promise!

Thank you! I'm down another lb, but still here with you all!

Silverfire
02-07-2014, 04:31 PM
Happy Friday everyone!

Yay for Kate! See ya in the next decade! You too Beth C - I'm sure you'll be out of here before you know it :)

Kailpea - Not a bad idea taking a break from the scale. It can be a a-hole sometimes eh? Don't stress over it! Nice job on C25K also, agreed the first one sure does kick your @ss! (it doesn't really stop, who am I kidding ;)) Repeat as much as you need to! I'm on round 2 of week 2 :) At this point I'm pretty sure I will die if I try and run for 3 min! I feel bad for anyone around me without headphones having to listen to me huff and puff and cough and sputter!

grneyedmustang - Welcome to the decade, I hope your stay is brief! :D

259.0 this morning, and I am beat! I worked my @ss off last night (15,000 steps!) Didn't get home till nearly midnight, slept in so didn't bring breakfast or lunch :( So that meant timmies for breakfast and pizza for lunch (I didn't eat the whole medium pizza, but damn near) I haven't had any water yet today, but I have been sipping all day on an (expensive!) but delicious fancy cold pressed juice from a new place that opened up in the city. Pineapple, coconut water and chia seeds. I don't think I am going to make 100 oz today... My feet are killing me and I just don't have the energy to go the gym today either. :(

I just wanna nap now! Hope everyone has a great weekend!

CharityMarie
02-07-2014, 05:08 PM
Scale told me 266 this morning. I'm getting so impatient, I found a journal of my last weight loss attempt in 2011 where I got down to 255 then quit.. So I just want to get down to 255 and start losing new weight!!! Can't come fast enough

EvieBaby
02-07-2014, 07:21 PM
Peeking in...so after 8 months, I find myself back in the 250's. UGH. Hi everyone and Happy Friday!

I just think it's AWESOME that you're back!!!! It's hard to stay get back on track, or pick yourself up when you fall down--but you did it, so YAAAAY! (And I'm preaching to myself too, as I've just recently returned with a gain, and was feeling down--then I was like, NO, wait--you're back. It's GREAT! :D Sometimes, a lot of times, we need to not be so hard on ourselves. HAVE A GREAT WEEK!

EvieBaby
02-07-2014, 07:22 PM
Scale told me 266 this morning. I'm getting so impatient, I found a journal of my last weight loss attempt in 2011 where I got down to 255 then quit.. So I just want to get down to 255 and start losing new weight!!! Can't come fast enough

But that's a lb down since yesterday. You're doing great! (I hear you on the impatience though--but you'll get there. You will! 255 is just around the bend!

kailpea
02-09-2014, 04:29 PM
Well. . . I thought I was going to take a break from the scale, but who am I kidding, I think I'm addicted. I didn't weigh myself for about two days but I couldn't keep myself away from it. I weighed in today and has a little WOOSH! Ahh! 255.8! So relieved. Hopefully it sticks.

I've been really inactive this week. Next week I am going to attempt to get at least 6000 steps in everyday. I have noticed that I average about 5000 on the days that I don't work out, so I plan on trying to up my average every week. this last week has been terrible. We had quite a bit of snow and it's been bitter cold. I just feel so lethargic in the winter. I don't feel like doing anything. But next week I am going to try and walk 1000 extra steps everyday.

Silverfire
02-10-2014, 11:28 AM
:woohoo: kailpea! Horray for whooshes! Sounds like a good plan to up your steps average each week! I rarely hit 5000 steps on off gym days so I feel ya there!

Monday!

I'm hanging out at 259 still today. 20,000 steps on Saturday. Ouch. Sunday was couch day, I did absolutely nothing. Today will be W3 of C25K, I hope I can make it! I have to work a little extra hard today as I may have had some cheesecake with my breakfast. My friend was so proud that he made it from scratch. I had to have some. It was the smallest slice I could manage. And delicious! I'm on a bit of a sugar high right now. Not looking forward to the crash that will soon follow!

LilMissBee
02-11-2014, 12:40 PM
265.2 today... looking forward to seeing the 250's again... I've had a really good week so far, decided to give up on the beach body shakes. They're gross, can't do it. Sticking with my old smoothie standbys. If it ain't broke don't fix it, right? Started T-25 yesterday... ouch. Cannot WAIT to be out of the 260's aghr.

CharityMarie
02-11-2014, 02:20 PM
264 - the next 5 lbs could not possibly come fast enough!!

kailpea
02-11-2014, 03:29 PM
Silverfire 20,000 steps?! No wonder sunday was a couch day. You're killing it at the steps. I've forgotten to wear my fitbit until several hours into my day the last few days. Ahh! I don't sleep with mine because it drive me nuts at night so I need to get into the habit of putting it on right when I get in bed.

256 today. Had a no-no homemade brownie hot caramel sundae last night while I was watching the olympic coverage. I usually don't watch TV at night mainly because I always want to eat in front of the TV. It was delicious, but I regretted it immediately.

SucreSucre
02-11-2014, 06:37 PM
Hello ladies, I hope I can hang out here for the next 8 lbs.

I'm at 258.0 as of this morning, I am trying to NOT be a daily weigher (but it's hard not to! LOL), and I hope to be to around 256 by Saturday, my weekly weigh-in.

Looking forward to some great motivation while I'm here, thanks!

Silverfire
02-12-2014, 10:39 AM
LilMissBee - Keep it up! and I gotta ask, what's T-25? It sounds scary and I don't even know what it is!?

CharityMarie - Those 5 lbs will be gone before you know it, just keep at it!

SucreSucre - Welcome! Hope the next 8 lbs are a breeze for you :)

Kailpea - Thank god I got new shoes before that shift on Saturday, or I would probably STILL be out of commission! I have another 10 hour shift on Saturday to look forward to too :) Your brownie caramel sundae sounds just as good/bad if not better/worse than the mud pie I had Friday night :drool: It's totally allowed, sometimes, right? And, I think that is probably the best feature of the flex/force fitbits... is that the only time you take them off is to shower and/or charge! It's hard to forget them that way ;)

STILL holding at 259 - Getting annoyed with the same number already!

I really hate it when a wrench gets thrown into my plans. I am pretty good about going with the flow most of the time, but today I am having an issue. My dad is in town for a visit this week and I am trying to arrange a time to hang out. He can't decide if he can come over tonight or tomorrow. If he decides for tonight, I am going to panic, because its my gym day, and I need groceries, and I need to clean before anyone steps foot inside my house! Not enough time for all those things! So that means that I'll have to move gym to tomorrow... which is fine. But not KNOWING what needs to happen today is driving me crazy. And knowing my dad, 100000 things could change between now and tonight! Sometimes I have issues with things like this, even when I know full well it isn't a big deal and I really just need to suck it up and get over it! I think this feeling of the NEED to plan is exaggerated by the whole trying to lose weight thing. I need to PLAN my meals, PLAN my exercise and I can't do that comfortably unless I have an idea of whats going on with the people around me.

LilMissBee
02-12-2014, 10:47 AM
T-25 is a beach body workout... it comes with a variety of 25 minute workouts and you do a different one every day in sequence. Monday was Cardio, Tuesday was Speed 1.0, today is Total Body Circuit. It's by the same makers as P90x, Turbofire, hip hop abs, insanity, etc... Not nearly so hard as p90x, but pretty challenging for me.

SucreSucre
02-12-2014, 11:07 AM
Thanks for the welcome Silverfire! Honestly, I feel you on the plans changing thing, I live in NYC and lots of people visit and they get VERY indecisive and it drives me nuts because I have a life!

My mum drove me crazy when she was here a few weeks ago...so yes, I understand.

Anyway, I am at 257.8 this morning, IDK what it is since i went to the gym last night and really kicked my own butt in there and when I have a hard workout, I usually have a gain from water retention in the muscles. But I'll take it.

I'm in a dietbet challenge, and for round 1, I need to be at 255.7 by the 20th, and if I keep up the rate I'm going (knock on wood!) then I should be there by next week!

Onward and downward...

kailpea
02-12-2014, 11:10 AM
Silverfire I totally feel you! it throws me completely off balance when I can't plan. I feel completely out of control and it drives me nuts not knowing exactly what I have to get done and when. Ultimately I know it's because if I don't have a plan, I'm going to fall off the wagon, its happened too many times before. So now my having to plan things has gotten a little out of control.

SmallSteps
02-12-2014, 01:32 PM
Yay!! I get to visit you nice people for a while!

12. ~ 269.0 (-3.0) We are back to lower than when we started so that is a good thing.

LilMissBee
02-13-2014, 11:18 AM
I haven't been able to weigh myself in a few days because I haven't been home. I'm so curious. I really really hope I'm down...

SucreSucre
02-13-2014, 01:54 PM
Just checking in, the weight has been dropping lately, so that's good! I also had a small NSV at a free movie screening I went to last night. I got popcorn (with butter) BUT I shared it and only had a few handfulls. THEN, I walked past this place called "Lucky's Burgers" which I LOVE and I just kept walking with my group.

I guess peer pressure paid off last night lol

LilMissBee
02-13-2014, 02:58 PM
LOL I love that, when peer pressure keeps me on track as opposed to off!!! I'm in the process of looking for my own place, but honestly I fear for late night binges when I have no roommate to judge me! LOL Hopefully by the time I end up moving, I'll have enough momentum going that I'll be stronger...

MissSMcC
02-14-2014, 09:11 AM
I've been lurking here for a while, saw 249 today so I am off to spy on a new group haha, see you all there soon :D

SucreSucre
02-14-2014, 10:40 AM
Bye MissSMcC!!! Good luck on the next decade!

I fell OFF the wagon hard last night, like bad...we had our monthly work party (yes, that is a thing at my office) and it was Valentine's day so we had nutella, Kisses, strawberry pound cake, wine and champagne. I was proud of how I only had 2 small slices of the pound cake with fresh strawberries and some whipped cream, but those d@mn Kisses! UGH!!! I ate like a million of them.

AND then we stayed so late that I didn't go the gym like I was supposed to. At any rate, I was down to 256.8, just 7 more lbs in this decade and I will be out!

Happy Valentines Day everybody!

Silverfire
02-14-2014, 01:32 PM
Gettin real tired of your bullsh!t 259! Enough already!

I think I've decided I need to cut some more carbs. I am learning that some things (rice!) just make me MORE hungry. I don't like it! I'm going to shoot for below 100g a day, since I had been averaging 175 a day for the last month. I'm hoping that it might make that damn number change! Yesterday was not a lower carb day. Burger and fries for lunch at a friends bday, and then after a hard workout a frozen thin crust pizza for dinner coz I was lazy. I just about broken even calorie wise after all that with 2 hours spent at the gym. Tonight and tomorrow is job #2, so that means no gym or C25K tonight, but I'm sure I will get a good workout anyway. Today isn't off to a good start for food either, my laziness from yesterday spilled over to this morning and I didn't have breakfast or lunch to bring to work. So Tim hortons for breakfast... then a starbucks strawberry smoothie... and tims for lunch again! I did skip the v-day cake in the lunchroom at least!

I managed not to let the unknown throw me off tooooooo bad the other day... so that's a win!

welcome to the decade smallsteps! Hope you have a short stay :)

LilMissBee Hope your scale shows you a good number when you get back on it!

SucreSucre MMmmmmm that sounds so yummy!!! I think you had a whole lot more self restraint than I would have had in your shoes! :D

MissSMcC :woohoo: Congrats and good luck in the next decade!

kailpea
02-14-2014, 04:12 PM
I'm right there with you Silverfire. . . I weighed in today at 258. I really wanted to curse and throw the scale. I refrained. I am going to cut my carbs and see if that helps. I've noticed that I stopped losing weight when I started eating higher carbs so going to go back low and work my way up again. I'm going to try to follow phase 1 of the South Beach Diet for a week or two and see if that helps. I really like Kalyns Kitchen (http://www.kalynskitchen.com) for lower carb recipes. Since I am also trying to eat vegetarian 2 times a week I'm trying to find some recipes there that are both lower carb and vegetarian. The really fast will be finding recipes that my husband will eat too. . . he'll do vegetarian if it's pasta. . .but that's going to be out for me this next week.

My job is paying for the Diabetes prevention program at PREVENTNOW (https://preventnow.com) for people who qualify. I went ahead and signed up, and qualified due to my weight and family history of type 2 diabetes. Anyway, they hook you up with a health coach and a group of similar people looking to lose weight. It's basically an online class going through nutrition and weigh loss topics. Since I have taken nutrition courses before, I doubt it will going to be anything new, but I think having a wellness coach might be helpful. They send you a pedometer and wireless scale that links to their website (sounds a lot like fitbit) and you weigh in and track your progress everyday for 16 weeks. Since that's something that I am doing already, I figured I couldn't hurt (plus it was free).

I'm just ready to be out of the 250's.

CharityMarie
02-14-2014, 04:16 PM
Since I dont have a home scale and it's my day off I'm going to do my midweek weigh in tomorrow morning at work. I don't know why I'm so nervous for this one, I think it's because I'm so sore, I've been doing a lot of different exercises at the gym... guess I'm afraid I'm holding water from muscle soreness.

Here's hoping for a little less tomorrow! Will report back.

Kate79
02-14-2014, 04:16 PM
I guess I'm not going to be in the other thread just yet... 253 today. I was so happy to see the 240s last week but I guess I jumped the gun.

SucreSucre
02-15-2014, 10:23 AM
Wow...261.4 today guys, but I can't even be upset, the last 2 days have been a $h!t show: last night alone I had Burger King, champagne, a shared pizza and quesadilla.

I'm back on track, going to the gym now. Gave a good long weekend!

CharityMarie
02-15-2014, 12:25 PM

This decade is going so slooooooow. 260's probably for 2 more weeks... Hoping to get through the 250's by the end of March! Here's hoping!

LilMissBee
02-16-2014, 06:08 PM
263.8.... Ugh I can taste the 250s!!!

CharityMarie
02-16-2014, 06:43 PM
I feel ya, LilMissBee - I was out of the 270's in just two weeks. I knew the 260's would drag but arghhhh.. just getting excited for the next decade, even if it is the same thread! I wanna be one of the 250 girls!

LilMissBee
02-16-2014, 06:45 PM
Hey CharityMarie... I think we might be twinsies, or the closest thing I've found so far. Do you have a twin yet?

I'm an inch taller, and my start weight was a little lower than yours (probably not actually, cause I avoided scales at my highest!) But we're right in the same place now, with similar goals...

LilMissBee
02-16-2014, 06:48 PM
Okay I will admit, I'm a little impatient cause I'm on a deadline LOL my crush invited me to visit him in August all the way cross country... first time meeting... I am crossing all fingers and toes to be in Onederland by then... I would go into that visit SO confident if I could do that...

Plus we're going to powwow, I wanna wear something cute!

CharityMarie
02-16-2014, 08:24 PM
Eek! 60 ish pounds in 6 months~ !! You know what though, it is possible with really really hard work. But if you don't quite make it, youll still look and feel a ton better, even if you are 220 in August you'll have SO much boosted confidence.

I'm honestly trying as hard as I can to get down as low as possible by May, which is when I'll be seeing a certain special someone who I haven't seen in... oh.. 4 months so far? I want him to be FLOORED by my changes! Ya know?

I'm absolutely in it to be a nagging motivator!

LilMissBee
02-16-2014, 08:51 PM
Yeah it's a lofty goal... I'm shooting for the stars... I'm NOT going to beat myself up if I don't get to Onederland, by then (for the record, I'm not going until the very end of August, too, so I have all of August to keep working!) I figure shoot for stars, you might hit the moon. Right?

I love that both of us have a special someone we want to surprise haha!

BethC
02-16-2014, 11:39 PM
Down .4 this week, I'm happy for the loss, it wasn't a great week. Still here for now, I'm away on Vacation, so I won't weigh in this week.

Have a great week everyone!

LilMissBee
02-17-2014, 09:12 AM
262.8 Whoop whoop can I get a 261???

(I'm in the initial stage of weight loss where it comes off practically daily.... I love this part of losing weight... the trick this time is to stick with it when things slow down!)

kailpea
02-17-2014, 10:22 AM
LilMissBee I would do anything to be in that first stage of weight loss again! I'm trying to stick with it but this past month and the 250's have taken it all out of me. I'm really hoping that part of my decrease in weightloss is because I am building a little muscle.

256.4 today, going back down, but this is the pattern for me lately. I get down to 255 and then go right back up to 258/259. Hoping to break the pattern! Cutting my carbs down this week, and I went for walks both days this weekend. They weren't anything intense, but it got me moving when normally I would be sitting on the couch all weekend. Also didn't eat out this weekend as per usual, but I did have some popcorn and candy at the movie theatre last night. Looking forward to getting some more intense exercise in the this week and hoping to see my numbers drop!

CharityMarie
02-17-2014, 02:38 PM
Everytime I click this thread and read the title all over again the "with fun!" part always makes me smile then feel kinda sad, because these 260's have been less than fun for me!!! >.<

259 will be a total breath of fresh air, in all honesty.

LilMissBee
02-18-2014, 01:14 AM
Cannot wait for 259, I'm with you gurl.

SucreSucre
02-18-2014, 10:30 AM
Ugh, so after seeing 263 on the scale on Sunday...I said ENOUGH!!! I threw away a bunch of crap that I had in my kitchen and had a good day of cleanse and I was back down to 258 this morning. I had a goal of 255.7 by the 20th for my Dietbet, but I don't think I am going to make that and I am so mad at myself I could just kick my own @$$ because I was SOOOOOOOOOOO close and I let one stupid holiday (that I don't even care about, BTW) get in the way!

GRRRRR...oh well, lesson learned, the next Dietbet round, I am going to hit goal and then some!

Also, signed up for pole dancing...so we'll see how that goes LOL

Happy Tuesday!

LilMissBee
02-18-2014, 11:39 AM
NSV last night... at work I was really busy and let myself get waaay too hungry. I ate my dinner and my stomach was still growling (only because i hoovered my sandwich and it hadn't settled yet) and I started searching around for something else. I literally had a chocolate chip cookie up TO MY LIPS and stopped.... and threw it away. I told myself, "Not today. Later. After you hit goal, you can have an occasional cookie. Just not today." Then I got a customer, and by the time I finished with him, my sandwich had actually hit my stomach and I was full.

Win win win WIN!

CharityMarie
02-18-2014, 01:13 PM
Woohoo LilMissBee

SucreSucre, you got this. Good luck on pole dancing, I dont know that I could do that! I did tell a friend of mine once I get to the other side of 250 that I was going to sign up for Zumba classes, just to switch up my exercise a bit, so looking forward to that!

Silverfire
02-18-2014, 01:25 PM
Scale moved! 257! Woo!

Monday was Valentines day for the BF and I and we celebrated with food. So much food (and chocolate!)! I felt like I earned it a bit after the 22,000 step day on Saturday :) Phew was that tiring. Long weekends are wonderful, but sort of screw up my week. Yesterday should have been a gym day (but didn't go to work so didn't go to gym!) And today is job #2, so no gym. I think I might be going 3 days in a row to get it all in! I sure hope that all of my hard work in the gym is what is making the numbers stall on the scale. I KNOW I am building muscles, I can feel it. I can sometimes even see a little indent in my bicep sometimes. I just have to not focus on the numbers on the scale, and focus on the numbers at the gym. How many more lbs I can lift than before and how many more reps and set I can do! This week is carb reduction time! This should be interesting!

I am so ready for lunch time now!

Hope everyone else had a great weekend!

LilMissBee :woohoo: that is an awesome NSV! Keep it up :)

SucreSucre - ohhhh pole dancing!! Sounds like it would be fun (and terrifying!)

CharityMarie - Keep sticking with it, 259 will feel amazing!

LilMissBee
02-18-2014, 07:10 PM
Scale victory!!! Today I saw 262.2! C'mon c'mon c'mon!!! 261 point something plz plz plz!

SucreSucre
02-18-2014, 07:29 PM
Thanks Charitymarie! I am going to stick it out, can't just give up, I've done enough of that in the past! And yes, I will actually start the classes in April, so a few more weeks to work up the nerve LOL

SilverFire I'm nervous, but I've been wanting to do it for awhile and I keep saying, "when I lose XX amount of weight" but why wait until then? I've seen larger woman do it, why can't I?

I was naughty today with Hershey's Kisses...didn't kill the calories, but didn't help either. I calorie cycle (as much as possible) so tomorrow will have to be a low-cal day.

Headed to the gym!

EvieBaby
02-19-2014, 10:58 AM
Everytime I click this thread and read the title all over again the "with fun!" part always makes me smile then feel kinda sad, because these 260's have been less than fun for me!!! >.<

259 will be a total breath of fresh air, in all honesty.

You're so close to breathing all that fresh air. Hang in there!;)

EvieBaby
02-19-2014, 11:05 AM
I'm hanging in at this thread by a thread--have been fluctuating between 267 and 271 all month. I've been super busy between work (stressful, boring union stuff), my writing, and my family/personal life (lovely things, so I feel fortunate. . . . I'm pleased to say I haven't been doing any stress eating, but there have been lots of celebrations with food . . . .

Any tips on how to make yourself exercise when you just don't want to, plus already feel super pressed for time?

LilMissBee
02-19-2014, 11:13 AM
Ugh I have the same problem Evie... Food I have on lockdown. Excercise? Not so much.

kailpea
02-19-2014, 11:29 AM
Evie Exercise when you are busy or stressed is the hardest! I'm terrible at getting myself motivated to workout even when I'm not in a pinch for time. My only suggestion is to view it as a way to relax. I always feel much more content after a food workout. . . and a lot of times I feel even more pumped to tackle other things going on.

255.6 today. I've made a few changes this week. Starting to focus on cutting some of my carbs and trying to keep them below 100g. 89 carbs yesterday and I got 1550 calories (my goal is 1500). Also I am going to try not to eat after I get home from work. I usually get home around 9 pm and I always just want to snack. I have never really bought into the concept of you shouldn't eat after a certain time, because in my mind a calorie is a calorie, but I decided to give it a whirl. I felt decently hungry but didn't give in because I knew I would be in bed in an hour.

Went to do C25k yesterday and made it threw W2D1! I was really proud of my progress. I fully expected to do Week 1 over again. I've had over 10,000 steps for the last 4 days and I'm beat. It'll probably be a lower step day today. My goal right now for non exercise days is 6000.

SucreSucre
02-19-2014, 01:05 PM
257.8 today, which is coolio! I think I may be able to make my 255.7 goal for my dietbet, I have until Saturday, anyway, I am going to keep pushing myself on this, i really want to make that goal!

Evie I actually hated exercising until i started doing it and now I love it! IDK what changed, but pushing myself in the gym is starting to become like a high for me. But the days I don't want to go, I bribe myself (NOT with food), like, "OK, I already said I was going to go the the gym 4X this week, this is the 4th time, if I do this, I can buy a shirt" or go see a movie or whatever it is.

I am finding that I have to do that less and less, but it works. Also, I WISH it was the other way around, that my eating was on point and I hated exercising :(

I have dinner with friends tonight at a Mexican restaurant and I set myself up for success in that I looked at the menu ahead of time, weighed my options (today is a lowcal day) and pre-picked my meal. I text a friend and told her if I try to order anything else, she has my permission to "embarrass" me in front of our other friends and remind me that I am going to get the salad. Is it a little extreme? Maybe, but I really need to make sure today is OP!

Have a good Wednesday!

Silverfire
02-19-2014, 02:02 PM
SucreSucre - I'm sure your going to rock it :) Make sure you come back and let us know how it goes!!!

Evie - I feel ya! Honestly, the hardest part about going to the gym, is going to the gym. Once there, everything is gravy! It's that initial "get going" that is so hard. I don't have any words of wisdom, other than, when you feel yourself starting to talk yourself out of it, tell yourself to shaddup!! and then just do it ;) It doesn't always work for me mind you....

Kailpea You are kicking some serious @ss these days! Nice job on the carb cutting too, I am struggling with this right now! Big time!

259... F you 259. F you 250's in general! F!!!! So that's how I feel about that!

Yesterday was a job #2. I had planned on getting a salad from subway on my way to work, but the line was so long, I had to get a sandwich (so I could eat and drive) Totally blew my carbs out of the water (I remembered after that I should have got them to tear out most of the inside of the bread! derp!) Also had a few too many leftover spanakopita at the end of my shift too... oops! This morning I was pressed for time and grabbed a frozen heat and eat meal for lunch. I didn't notice that it's rice based and will totally ruin my carbs for the day. So instead, I ran home and had a pile of chicken breast, broccoli and cauliflower and some cheese. Plus I grabbed my gym bag that I had forgotten!

I just found out that I can get free fitbit zips through my work! I think I will get one and get my BF on board with the fitbitting :) Plus a whole slew of new fitbit friends to compete with! Plus 3 free sessions with a fitness coach (online or over the phone)

SucreSucre
02-19-2014, 04:05 PM
Somebody brought in Dunkin' Doughnuts Munchkins and UGH...just ugh at myself. It's tough because I am not a binge eater, I don't binge, but what happens is in the moment, I know I need to say NO and I don't. I've really gotten better, I would say I can just be like "not going to do this" about 30% of the time, but I really would like to get that to 80% of the time over the next few months.

I'll be working on it!

LilMissBee
02-20-2014, 02:01 AM
I cheated today too... I ate a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. And it was gooooood. I haven't eaten jelly, peanutbutter, or bread in like... three weeks. LOL

I also haven't had a cheat day in two weeks, so i don't feel bad. It could have been way worse, and it wasn't a binge... it was a decision. Nose back to the grind stone tomorrow.

kailpea
02-20-2014, 08:27 AM
255.0 today!!! Woooo! I really didn't want to step on the scale this morning because yesterday I was 555.8 and Its been the trend that I'll weigh in at the 255.something and then go straight back up to 258. Maybe I have broken this nasty cycle! It's lasted a month already, so happy!

W2D2 of C25K today. Super pumped about it. This is honestly the first time in my life I have ever been excited about exercise.

SilverfireYou kicked butt yesterday with the steps! I got pretty excited when I passed you yesterday, but that didn't last long! And you made the distance between us even larger! Way to go!

Kate79
02-20-2014, 10:37 AM
The scale said 249 again today but then a minute later said 260 so I'm not trusting the scale much right now. I'm going to try to concentrate more on my fitness levels so I don't get discouraged. I've made huge progress with C25k, so I think if I concentrate on that more than the number on the scale it will be a bit better for me right now.

LilMissBee
02-20-2014, 02:09 PM
260.0 !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Whoop whoop!!!!!!! C'mon 259 c'mon c'mon c'mon!!!!

Today I officially saw TEN POUNDS LOST on my scale!!!

*dancy dancy dancy*

EvieBaby
02-20-2014, 08:25 PM
Ugh I have the same problem Evie... Food I have on lockdown. Excercise? Not so much.

Congrats on having the food on lockdown! I'll keep you posted if I find some magic way (ha ha) to make myself exercise. :D

Evie Exercise when you are busy or stressed is the hardest! I'm terrible at getting myself motivated to workout even when I'm not in a pinch for time. My only suggestion is to view it as a way to relax. I always feel much more content after a food workout. . . and a lot of times I feel even more pumped to tackle other things going on.

That's a great way to think about it--and totally true and helpful. I will try to think of it that way--as a stress reliever, relaxation technique, rather than as a chore to try to fit in. The biggest battle is always in the mind, isn't it?

Evie I actually hated exercising until i started doing it and now I love it! IDK what changed, but pushing myself in the gym is starting to become like a high for me. But the days I don't want to go, I bribe myself (NOT with food), like, "OK, I already said I was going to go the the gym 4X this week, this is the 4th time, if I do this, I can buy a shirt" or go see a movie or whatever it is.

I am finding that I have to do that less and less, but it works. Also, I WISH it was the other way around, that my eating was on point and I hated exercising :(

I have dinner with friends tonight at a Mexican restaurant and I set myself up for success in that I looked at the menu ahead of time, weighed my options (today is a lowcal day) and pre-picked my meal. I text a friend and told her if I try to order anything else, she has my permission to "embarrass" me in front of our other friends and remind me that I am going to get the salad. Is it a little extreme? Maybe, but I really need to make sure today is OP!

Have a good Wednesday!

LOL--don't get me wrong. I ADORE FOOD. Fortunately, I really love _good_ food (a.k.a. really healthy "clean" fare) and I'm a good cook, so it feels fun and good to prepare yummy but healthy meals.

I relate to your love of exercise when I do it enough . . . When "in the habit" I'm always like, "How could I ever quit this?"--then I get derailed accidentally and find it so hard to get back in the groove. WEIRD. But I will persevere. Thank you for the encouragement.

I hoped you enjoyed your visit out with friends--and that your salad was super delish! :)

SucreSucre - I'm sure your going to rock it :) Make sure you come back and let us know how it goes!!!

Evie - I feel ya! Honestly, the hardest part about going to the gym, is going to the gym. Once there, everything is gravy! It's that initial "get going" that is so hard. I don't have any words of wisdom, other than, when you feel yourself starting to talk yourself out of it, tell yourself to shaddup!! and then just do it ;) It doesn't always work for me mind you....

LOL--I will TRY IT!!! :D (And yes, you nailed it . . . it's the "get going" that's hardest.)

Thanks for all the encouragement, everyone!

kailpea
02-21-2014, 09:31 AM
255.0 again today! I would be so so so happy if I could somehow drop 3 lbs and be at 252 by the end of February. It would be my 20 pound goal! That's probably a little bit too much to ask, but doesn't mean I'm not hoping!

So I've decided to go and try on a pair of size 18 pants this weekend and see how they fit. My 20's still fit me okay, but they have massive holes in the crotch and have been that way for about a month. I've been wearing black leggings to work underneath them to disguise the holes a bit. Not sure if its working, but it gives me some peace of mind. I looked through my closet to see if I had any size 18's and all I could find were 16s and a few 14s. Ahh! It's like I gained so much weight at once I completely skipped the 18s (either that or I rubbed holes in them which is likely).

Going to take it easy this weekend on the steps. I've walked so much over the past week that I'm starting to have shin splints. But I completely surpassed my goal which was to have 6000 steps on non-gym days so I might have to up that. I have to thank Silverfire! She is a beast with the steps. Catching up with her was no joke!

Silverfire
02-21-2014, 10:28 AM
Kate79 - Time for new batteries in your scale perhaps?!? Keep rocking the C25K, you're doing great :)

LilMissBee - :dance: :woohoo: :dance: :woohoo: Congrats!!!!!

EvieBaby - You'll find your groove again!!

Kailpea - ARGGGGHH YOU!!!! I COULD NOT get past you yesterday! It was past my bedtime and I was still wandering around the house trying to pass you LOL - you win this time :P And Horray for trying size 18's! I have a pair in my closet that I CAN'T WAIT to wear (comfortably) I can put them ON but I can't breathe lol. Happy shopping!

I got a 255.2 this morning! WOO HOO!!! MAN I hope it sticks though I am not going to count on it as I had a bit of a binge problem yesterday. Instead of making real food for supper I ate WAY to many baby bell cheeses and way too many dried cranberries. Those little suckers didn't do anything to help my carb situation either.

I have been seriously struggling with this reducing carbs thing. There are carbs in everything. Things that I eat and am not really willing to give up (Other than bread and pasta!) I want to blame my plateau on the carbs lol. Unfortunately I think the culprit is me! I got lazy with measuring and weighing things. I was so diligent about it before, that I think I thought that my eyeballing skills were good now. NOPE. I eyeballed the lunch I packed for today. And then measured it... well over a 100 calorie difference!!! Oops.

So, I think I am going to focus on accurate tracking for a while and see where that gets me.

Avezy44
02-21-2014, 01:33 PM
Was a little sad that I have been sick for about 4 days. Haven't worked out since Monday but I did manage to drop a pound just by maintaining my eating habits :) 4 pounds till the 260s!

kailpea
02-21-2014, 01:57 PM
Silverfire I don't know if you noticed that the fit bit server was down for a little while last night, but it was driving me nuts because I was like, "She's probably passed me, she's probably passed me. Dang it, Dang it Dang it!"

Avezy Being sick stinks, especially for Weightloss! But congrats on being down a pound. For some reason being sick has the opposite effect on me. . . most being don't want to eat but all I want to eat is junk and then I end up gaining. =)

Kate79
02-21-2014, 05:11 PM
Kailpea I was just checking out your blog. Very cool! My husband and I are also losing weight together. I think our total lost will be a bit more than 200 if we both get where we want. I just did the math and we're at 150 right now :) That's so cool that you're doing a blog together though.

CharityMarie
02-21-2014, 11:22 PM
So I have this list of goals, every ten pounds I can reward myself (none of them are food!)

And I need -1 to get to 260 and my next reward. Honestly I could use a pick me up.. I have had a pretty good week as far as food, but have been sluggish and slightly ill so no working out. Hitting my calorie count but without moving my body just doesnt feel like enough.

Really it's been an emotional roller coaster this week with lots of personal things going on... I weigh in on Wednesday and I'm just hoping hoping hoping I can get there.

kailpea
02-22-2014, 12:02 PM
Kate The blog was my husbands idea, but the silly thing is that he hasn't posted since his first post! I think he's waiting until he loses a significant amount of weight. I know he had lost about 8 lbs but I think he's a little frustrated. He doesn't believe in dieting or watching what you eat, so I think that's part of the problem. He just wants to workout and expects to burn enough calories that he can eat whatever he wants.

CharityMarie I hope you get there! I plan to give myself a reward for my first 20 lbs lost. . . but I can't decide what. I was thinking maybe a new haircut and color. . .

Speaking of rewards though. . . I weighed in today at 252.8!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 0.8 lbs away from 20 lbs down! I almost ready to say bye to the 250's! Ahh! So excited!

SucreSucre
02-22-2014, 12:49 PM
Wow, everybody is doing so well!

WTG Kalipea!!!! You are so close to the 240's

Silverfire I can't WAIT to be back in size 18 jeans!!! Going low carb is rough, and it never worked for me. Calorie counting is the only thing that has worked. I'm going out and buying a food scale, for sure

Sorry you've been feeling bad Avezy44, but you're so close the 260's! You'll be there in no time.

You'll be at your goal in no time! CharityMarie!!!

I'm pretty bummed, I was 2lbs away from my dietbet goal of 255.7, I was at 257.4. And it sucks because I WAS at 255 almost 2 weeks ago, and I let myself get in the way of my progress. But, I'm also happy because I did
Eat myself go last week (bad, I was at 263lbs) but I reigned it back in.

I'm off to the gym and then weekly grocery shopping, this week I'm having stuffed bell peppers and lettuce taco wraps as my two meals. And today I'm making the biggest loser pancakes with a berry sauce and maybe some cool whip (we'll see)

Hope you enjoy your weekend!

LilMissBee
02-22-2014, 05:24 PM
I'm in the 250s!!! Goodbye 260s!!!!

kailpea
02-22-2014, 07:53 PM
Congrats lilMissBee!!!!

SucreSucre I looked up the biggest loser pancakes and they look and sound delicious! I've been eating these Corn Meal and Oat Waffles (http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Corn-Meal-and-Oat-Waffle-Mix-51195220) for breakfast about every other week but they probably aren't as diet friendly as those pancakes!

Well, just ate a massively fattening dinner. . . hoping the scale doesn't blow up up when I weigh tomorrow. Starting my weightloss program tomorrow through work. Hoping it helps!

LilMissBee
02-23-2014, 10:57 AM
257.6 today... just 5 more pounds till I hit 25% of my August goal!!!

MandyLamy
02-23-2014, 05:18 PM
Hey everyone :wave:
I just joined a couple of days ago and my CW is 254.5 so I just wanted to say hello~ :D

CharityMarie
02-23-2014, 05:33 PM
Welcome Mandy!

I'm sure your stay in this thread will be short, good luck to you!

kailpea
02-24-2014, 09:19 AM
Yay lilmissbee you're doing great! I've been trying to think of a good August goal for myself. We're going to San Diego for a week to celebrate my brother in law's marriage and I plan on being a total beach bum. So perhaps "comfortable in a swimsuit" should be my august goal! Gotta firm my my thighs then!

Welcome mandylamy! I hope you enjoy your time here!

We'll, back up to 255 today. Grr! I did pretty terribly this weekend, ate too much crap and didn't drink enough water. I feel so dehydrated!

Silverfire
02-24-2014, 04:13 PM
Horray to Feb being almost over! Woo!

I bought a new scale over the weekend, a little present to myself I guess. It's the Fitbit Aria scale. Set it all up and got on it this morning. Super disappointing. +2lb difference from my old scale to the new. I got off and on both like 10 times this morning to make sure. ARGH! (I refuse to change my ticker!)

I had a NSV anyway this weekend though - Shopping at Target, I tried on a mens XXL hoodie and it was WAY WAY too big. A 2XL something has never been THAT big on me before. I bought the hoodie in an XL. Hopefully that means it wont be too much longer until the XXL's ladies things fit me properly! Woo!

Sunday was a bit of a cheat day - Had a beer and some biscones and bacon jam (TO DIE FOR!) but stuck to the blackened chicken salad instead of the sandwich I would normally have. Also has some ramen for lunch. (hello sodium!)

Kailpea - When I got to work on Saturday I volunteered to be the "Fetch B!tch" with the specific intent on beating you in steps LOL! Just about 17,000 by the end of the shift :) It just about killed me to catch up to you!

Welcome Mandy! - Hope you have a short but enjoyable stay in this decade :)

lilmissbee - Woo! you're rocking it girl! Keep it up!

CharityMarie - Awesome that you have your list of goals set up! Such a good idea. I change my mind so often about those things... I'm calling my scale a reward for the ~ 10 lbs I've lost since the start of the year :)

MandyLamy
02-24-2014, 05:06 PM
Silverfire My sister inlaw told me the other day that she thinks our scale is off and I was like LALALALA I can't hear you. haha.

Silverfire
02-24-2014, 05:21 PM
Silverfire My sister inlaw told me the other day that she thinks our scale is off and I was like LALALALA I can't hear you. haha.

LOL well if it off the OTHER WAY it would be totally awesome!!!

and wooo to another fellow canuck! :) Are you guys freezing your balls off over there still too?

CharityMarie
02-24-2014, 05:25 PM
January was great to me, I dropped 27 pounds! So far in February? 8 pounds. I know it's still awesome but I was hoping for 15 this month and now it looks like I won't clear 10. Probably setting my goals too high, going to try being happy with 2 pounds a week from now on, slow and steady wins the race, right?!

MandyLamy
02-24-2014, 05:27 PM
God yes. lol The snow was starting to melt a tiny bit and then BAM a snow storm :(

MandyLamy
02-24-2014, 05:28 PM
CharityMarie Slow and steady helps you keep it off too! 8lbs isn't bad at all!

SucreSucre
02-24-2014, 06:24 PM
Hey everyone, sorry I don't have time for a real update (in which I ramble on and on endlessly about nothing in particular, LOL)

But today, I saw 257...again GRR...it's my fault though, but like I can't eat bad ONE day w/o getting set back a whole friggin' week?! I guess not. This week, I am determined to see 254 if it KILLS ME, you hear me if it KILLS ME (j/k, not really, but you get the drift). I'm in the gym 4 times this week, with 2 jogging days, I'M READY!

On the NSV side, I took out the 'ol tape measure just because (even though I plan to measure once a month and that will be next week) and I have lost inches EVERYWHERE! 1" in my waist, almost 3 inches in my thighs and almost 3 inches in my gut (which I measure seperately!) and 1.5" in my hips. THAT was enough motivation for me to keep going, scale be d@mned!

Think healthy thoughts ladies! Ciao

kailpea
02-24-2014, 11:33 PM
Holy F****** crap you guys! Talk about weight fluctuation! So I weighed myself this morning and for 255. . . and then I decided to weigh myself again tonight and got 245.2. Its a brand new scale, and I checked it against my old one and it was correct! WTH? I know your weight fluctuates throughout the day. . .but 10 lbs? That's insane! Makes me think that maybe the 240's are in my reach!

CongratsSucre! I wish I had measured myself before I started trying to lose weight so I would have something other than the scale to base my progress on.

RoxieK
02-24-2014, 11:42 PM
I'm yo-yoing in this decade. Each time I break away I go back up.

I need a good butt kicking!

Silverfire
02-25-2014, 11:02 AM
2 freaking FIFTY SEVEN(.08) I got off and on a couple times to make sure. :tantrum: However. Scale be dammed,
I AM WEARING THE SIZE 18 JEANS AND I CAN BREATHE So scale, neener neener neener!! (we'll see if I can still breathe after lunch ;))

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-vGS1JLhbEhA/TbsBpTcOyMI/AAAAAAAABHM/I2RYlsQ8qrE/s400/neenerneener.jpg

My car is in the shop this week, so I have a rental. And of course it has to be like the coldest week EVER (-30 felt like -40 this morning) and I MISS MY COMMAND START!!!! Running out to start the car at 6 am was a pretty brutal way to start the day. I have been spoiled by my command start :) and I am OK with that.

Anyway, I was happy to be right on plan yesterday. Measured every. single. thing. Busted my butt at the gym. Made it through W4D1 of C25K. My ankle is pretty tender today though, so today will be pretty relaxed.

RoxieK Oh man, I'm sure all of us here can relate! I know I have been in this decade for what seems like an eternity! You'll bounce outta here before you know it :) I have noticed a trend (best part about graphing your weight changes!) Mine seems to go like this

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-vStIpoiafsg/UwyutxJwuYI/AAAAAAAAEQ0/oLO3HlNkajg/w957-h491-no/weight+chart.jpg

down, down, up, Up, down, up, down (long break!!!!) Up, Up, down, down, up, down up down!

kailpea Woo! You are SOO gunna be outta here long before me! Take some measurements now!!!!

SucreSucre Wowzers!!! You're doing awesome! that is a pretty dang fantastic NSV!!! Screw the scale!!!

CharityMarie DUDE!!! 8lbs is FANTASTIC!!!! You should be totally proud. The first bit always comes off the fastest, be proud! 2lbs a week is just the right amount to shoot for. And you'll notice that its not going come of steady... see graph above! :) Be patient and stick with it. It'll come off!

LilMissBee
02-25-2014, 12:42 PM
Grr. I bumped back up and have been teetering between 260 and 259 for days. I haven't cheated or done anything differently and I'm on my period, so I know it's not real... I'm due for a whoosh.

Keeping on keeping on. Going to my sister-in-law's house this evening to make a healthy dinner and work out with her.

I want to see 256... Screw you, Aunt Flo.

BUT NSV, I'm wearing a pair of jeans today that I haven't felt comfortable in for quite a while, and they fit just right... and my knee high black boots are loose enough to stuff my flared jean legs into.... Just a month ago I could barely stuff my LEGS into them.

So I refuse to get discouraged.

kailpea
02-25-2014, 01:48 PM
My scale is on the fritz! I don't know what to believe anymore. This morning I woke up and weighed myself, on my new scale 247. My old scale? 255. Last night they said the same thing, but apparently not today. New scale has new batteries, but I noticed that if I step on it and then step off and step back on, it will register almost a pound different. So annoying! Anyone have this problem. It's just so bizarre to me that yesterday the two scales were saying the same thing, and now one is completely different.

Anyway, It's going to be a busy week for me. I have two exams to study for plus still studying for the important test I have to take at the end of my semester to get into the nursing program I am applying for. I'm a little spent for time. Hopefully I can keep my work out schedule, but I am already behind with that. I should be at the gym right now in fact, but I'm not. I'm home taking a break from studying. Hoping to get to the gym after work tonight, but work has been killer this week already. So not sure If I will have the motivation, but hoping I can convince myself that going to the gym will help let off some steam.

Sliverfire Great job with the steps! I've fallen so far behind. Hopefully I can make up some ground!

CharityMarie
02-25-2014, 02:06 PM
I always wait to see if a number sticks and finally after a bad cheat day and no losses the past few days a solid 260 flashed on my scale. So close to the 250's I can scream.

Not getting much gym in this week, I've been working doubles from 16 to 18 hours at a time. Nursing is the worst field to be in when you're short handed so badly sometimes... no choice but to stay, people need you! Unfortunatley that means my gym needs arent being met and my sleep pattern is totally wacked.

This coming week should slow work stuff down and I'm super motivated to solidly place my big old butt in the 250s!

SucreSucre
02-25-2014, 02:36 PM
Holy F****** crap you guys! Talk about weight fluctuation! So I weighed myself this morning and for 255. . . and then I decided to weigh myself again tonight and got 245.2. Its a brand new scale, and I checked it against my old one and it was correct! WTH? I know your weight fluctuates throughout the day. . .but 10 lbs? That's insane! Makes me think that maybe the 240's are in my reach!

CongratsSucre! I wish I had measured myself before I started trying to lose weight so I would have something other than the scale to base my progress on.

Kailpea weight flucuations really baffle and confuse me! I can weigh 7 lbs heavier by the end of the day! I'm like, come on, there isn't that much water in the world! And thanks, the scale is a cruel mistress, but the hips don't lie LOL

I'm yo-yoing in this decade. Each time I break away I go back up.

I need a good butt kicking!

I feel you RoxieK these yo-yoing? It's the worst!

2 freaking FIFTY SEVEN(.08) I got off and on a couple times to make sure. :tantrum: However. Scale be dammed,
I AM WEARING THE SIZE 18 JEANS AND I CAN BREATHE So scale, neener neener neener!! (we'll see if I can still breathe after lunch ;))

My car is in the shop this week, so I have a rental. And of course it has to be like the coldest week EVER (-30 felt like -40 this morning) and I MISS MY COMMAND START!!!! Running out to start the car at 6 am was a pretty brutal way to start the day. I have been spoiled by my command start :) and I am OK with that.

Anyway, I was happy to be right on plan yesterday. Measured every. single. thing. Busted my butt at the gym. Made it through W4D1 of C25K. My ankle is pretty tender today though, so today will be pretty relaxed.

SucreSucre Wowzers!!! You're doing awesome! that is a pretty dang fantastic NSV!!! Screw the scale!!!
!

That's the spirit! Scale me damned Silverfire! Those 18 jeans are all the proof you need!

Grr. I bumped back up and have been teetering between 260 and 259 for days. I haven't cheated or done anything differently and I'm on my period, so I know it's not real... I'm due for a whoosh.

Keeping on keeping on. Going to my sister-in-law's house this evening to make a healthy dinner and work out with her.

I want to see 256... Screw you, Aunt Flo.

BUT NSV, I'm wearing a pair of jeans today that I haven't felt comfortable in for quite a while, and they fit just right... and my knee high black boots are loose enough to stuff my flared jean legs into.... Just a month ago I could barely stuff my LEGS into them.

So I refuse to get discouraged.

WTG LilMissBee

I always wait to see if a number sticks and finally after a bad cheat day and no losses the past few days a solid 260 flashed on my scale. So close to the 250's I can scream.

Not getting much gym in this week, I've been working doubles from 16 to 18 hours at a time. Nursing is the worst field to be in when you're short handed so badly sometimes... no choice but to stay, people need you! Unfortunatley that means my gym needs arent being met and my sleep pattern is totally wacked.

This coming week should slow work stuff down and I'm super motivated to solidly place my big old butt in the 250s!

You'll make it CharityMarie!!!

I am noticing a trend in the thread ladies; the scale says one thing, but our NSV's say something different hmm...scale conspiracy? Maybe! I weighed in at 259 this morning and almost had a cow, but then I said "oh well" and packed my healthy lunch and gym clothes and morning smoothie and went about my way. This scale will NOT stop my from my goals!

Good luck ladies, think healthy thoughts!

MandyLamy
02-25-2014, 02:41 PM
:carrot: Weighed in today at 253! yay progress~

CharityMarie
02-26-2014, 02:14 PM
259 !!!

Adios 260's !

MandyLamy
02-26-2014, 05:34 PM
:cheer3: woohoo congrats Charitymarie

CharityMarie
02-27-2014, 12:46 AM
Yeaaaaa 10 more pounds until I move to the next thread. Awwwwwwwwwh yeaaaaaaah. 260's took forever. Time to bust out these 250's. Hope everyone stays motivated!

SucreSucre
02-27-2014, 10:16 AM
WTG Charitymarie!!!!!!!!!!! You're so close to being OUT of this thread!

I am stuck at 257.4, BUT I think it is a combination of a few things: I am eating too much salt, not drinking enough water and I've been creeping up on TOM for over a week now, like it won't just come and then go away (sorry! TMI!) and my body is a little sore and soreness for me, equals water retention.

I know the soreness is associated with exercise, I like to push myself, but I maybe need to take an extra day off this week, maybe ice the old legs, we'll see.

Anyway, I AM very excited about my official measurements; I took a look at Forever21's measurements (don't judge me! I love it there! LOL) and I am pretty much officially in their 3X size (which is a 17/18), the measurements are (vs. my measurements):

Bust - 49" vs 48" (ME)
Waist - 42" vs 38" (ME)
Hips - 51" vs 51.5 (ME)

However, I am NOT yet in their size 20 jeans, because of my thighs!!! My thighs have gone down from almost 34" to 31.5" and F21's thigh for their size 20 jeans is 30.75", so I have another .75" to go until I can wear their jeans!

Anyway, the point is, I am not going to let this number throw me off; I have let it do that in the past and it stops NOW. On wards and DOWN wards!

LilMissBee
02-27-2014, 12:11 PM
Gosh I know ALLLLL about hips and thighs keeping you out of a size. Pisses me off. BUT I would rather carry my weight in my butt than my belly, so i can't really complain too much. If I have to be 130 pounds over weight, at least I maintain a waist, boobs, and a whole lot of a$$.

Aunt Flo decided to move on, and I think i got my whoosh. 255.0 this morning... but it was my sister in law's scale, not mine, so it might not be accurate. That said, in the past, that scale weighed me heavier than my own, so I decided to take it. Maybe I'll wake up at my own apartment tomorrow and be down even more? One can only hope.

But since I'm accepting my weight at 255, that means I'm fifteen pounds down!!!!!! Whoop whoop!!! 2.5 more pounds before I'm 25% of the way to my summer goal!!!

Silverfire
02-28-2014, 10:48 AM
Happy Friday Peeps!

I had a pretty darn good start to the day with my (new!) scale showing me 253.6! Woo! I was pretty worried that I was going to just break even this month. I would LOVE to hit 50 lbs lost before the wedding I'm going to in two weeks! I'm kinda excited to get all prettied up for the day too.

I hope everyone has a lovely weekend and has better temperatures than our -57 (with the wind) forecast for tomorrow!