100 lb. Club - Flying thru the 260s and 250 with fun! NEW!!!!

Pages : 1 [2] 3

LilMissBee
02-28-2014, 05:31 PM
My damn weight has been hopping up and down 4 pounds. Irritating. Just go down.

Avezy44
03-01-2014, 02:13 PM
It took a minute but I am finally in the 260s!! Hello everyone :)

MandyLamy
03-01-2014, 04:23 PM
Welcome Avezy44 Hope your stay in the thread is short and sweet ;)

KarinRose
03-02-2014, 11:36 AM
Hi everyone!

I just became a member and am teetering right around 260, so am happy to have found this thread.

You all made me laugh, because I can totally relate to being confounded by daily weight fluctuations and yelling at the scale not because I don't like what it is saying, but because it doesn't make any sense! ("Go home scale, you're drunk," may have actually come out of my mouth the other day.)

Keep up the good work everyone! (And keep those NSVs coming on those days when the scale seems drunk...)

MandyLamy
03-02-2014, 04:04 PM
:carrot::carrot: Unofficial weigh in today and I'm 252. So close!

LilMissBee
03-02-2014, 10:25 PM
Gr. I got down to 255 and then promptly popped back up and teetered around 260... I think it's a mix of TOM and I think I've been too strict... I've gone almost a month without any cheating, and the past week I've been eating super low calorie due to getting busy and skipping meals... Some days less than a thousand calories which is really bad.

Today and yesterday i ate kinda crappy... And weirdly I DROPPED weight. So I'm thinking about trying calorie cycling or making sure to incorporate a cheat day every week to kick my metabolism in the ***. I also went grocery shopping and got lots of healthy easy snacks so I can force myself to eat a few bites every hour whether I want it or not.

I WANT to get down to 252.5 pounds. 25% of my goal. I'm tired of hanging between 255 and 260. I want it gone.

LadyPetite
03-03-2014, 12:35 PM
Woohoo! I finally made it to the 250s today! *Happy dance*

CharityMarie
03-03-2014, 01:46 PM
258 -

I've been incredibly sick the last couple days. I either eat nothing or I eat something terrible. Sinus infection, strep throat, tired all day...

I was lucky to have the weekend off work, I dont even know if I can make it this week working 12 hour days... These 250's are going to be worse than the 260's!

On top of being really sick its TOM for meeeee. Maybe I can manage to stay strong on the late 250's and at least not inch upwards. Who knows, with as crazy as bodys are sometimes maybe it'll make me lose a few pounds instead of me fearing a gain!

Stay strong everyone~~ That 240's thread is so close for so many of you!!!

EvieBaby
03-03-2014, 02:56 PM
I'm feeling worried . . . I don't want to go back up to the getting out of the 270's thread . . . I'm at 270.2 right now, and went all the way up to 273 three days ago . . . but it's my time of month, so hopefully that's all it is. In better news, I've started doing yoga and really love, love, LOVE how it makes my body feel. :) How you all doing this lovely Monday as we head into another week? Great, I hope!

Silverfire
03-04-2014, 10:28 AM
254.2 today. I'll take it. I really hope to make it to the 240's soon. Not that I'm not enjoying you guys in this decade, but I'm ready to move on!

Signed up with a new fancy gym yesterday. Long and the short is: Personal trainers are f-ing expensive! There is an intro program that is much more my speed. I'm hoping that the gym's hefty price tag keeps me going all the time.

I ordered a yoga mat off the internet that should be arriving in a day or two, I am looking forward to starting Yoga soon!

KarinRose
03-04-2014, 10:48 AM
I stepped on the scale this morning and saw 259.3! It was an exciting moment and definitely one to keep me motivated. Although yesterday I did my first round of monthly measurements and love having that as a NSV to look forward to.

Silverfire I know what you mean about hating to shell out for a pricey gym... But if it is more comfortable to you and more likely to keep you coming back, then it is worth it. Right now I am a member at a local boutique gym because I feel more comfortable than at my local big box gym. I have been going 5x a week. I find that anything more for me stresses me out, and anything less and it doesn't become a priority.

Also, is it possible to add members to our fit bit friends? If so, how? Thanks.

Kate79
03-04-2014, 11:10 AM
I was back up to 259 on Friday. I didn't post about it because I was ashamed. Things have been rough and my eating and exercise habits are suffering because of it. One of my cats died on Thursday... It was really sudden too, I woke up and found him dead. He was old and had some health problems but he was totally fine the night before. He was the cat I was closest to, who has gotten me through so much. Both of my parents died in 2013. And over the past 2 years I've had 3 cats and a rabbit die. It's hard to feel positive about anything.
I'm trying really hard to look at this gain positively though. I see people here excited about hitting 259 and I remember how excited I was to get under 260. And how excited I was to get under 300. Just a year ago that seemed impossible. I'm going to try to focus on my fitness levels and eating habits more than the scale. It's hard to not want to race through the weight loss but I know that I'm better off doing it slowly anyway.

kailpea
03-04-2014, 01:40 PM
250.0!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not sure if it's because I spent all last night sicker than a dog and puking my guts out, but I'll take it. I weighed myself on my other scale just be be sure at it said 249.6! WOOOO! I might be out of the 250's, despite the fact that my steps have been abysmal this last week.

Silverfire I took a Yoga class and absolutely loved it! I really want to get back into it, I went 2 times a week for 12 weeks and my flexibility improved so much!

MandyLamy
03-04-2014, 02:44 PM
:carrot::carrot: 250.5 Yay! I might just be in the 240's next week!

modifyeddoll87
03-05-2014, 10:25 AM
ugh im so ashamed I had gotten all the way down to 238 i feel off the wagon and got depressed after I lost the baby and ate myself up to my present 264.3

hopefully ill be out of this thread soon ! but in the meanwhile hello everyone !

Jenny222
03-05-2014, 11:28 AM
I'm 280 and i'm trying to get to 250s.

LilMissBee
03-05-2014, 01:26 PM
I had gotten down to 255 before I hit TOM and a speed bump... today I'm at 256... So hopefully I'm back in the right direction by end of the week.

Jenny222
03-05-2014, 07:23 PM
Keep up the great work! You will get there!

SucreSucre
03-05-2014, 10:47 PM
I've been MIA! I started Couch25K and I've just been staying away from the scale; it gives me anxiety; I'm weighing in again on Saturday, so we'll see where I am! I just got down jogging (for lack of a better word! LOL) and doing a kettle bell circuit and I am pooped! Night all!

Avezy44
03-05-2014, 11:14 PM
I've been a little stuck the last few days. It's TOM for me so I am at a stand still. Had a FANTASTIC Boot Camp class tonight though that I am feeling wonderful about. Hopefully I will truly "fly" through the 260s :)

LilMissBee
03-06-2014, 12:00 AM
I'm starting to think I may not have hit the speed bump I thought I had... cause I went home today for the first time in a while and weighed myself, and I think the scale I've been using at my sister-in-law's weighs heavy.

Silverfire
03-06-2014, 10:17 AM
Morning all!

Last night I got my @ss kicked at the gym! Woooowie am I feeling it today. The scale jumped up after eats and drinks on Fat Tuesday at our favorite Cajun joint! It was a blast, live music, dancing fire lady, free bourbon through a huge ice sculpture! Good Times at Bon Temps ;)

Weighed in at 256.6 today. It's been long enough bouncing around in this decade!

modifyeddoll87
03-06-2014, 12:01 PM
I got a woosh , thank goodness ! and I'm down to 261.5 so I'm soon to be in the 250's … I can't wait to move on down to the 240's thread !

EvieBaby
03-06-2014, 02:01 PM
I've been reading up a storm here. People are doing awesome! Yay!

And I'm happy to report that I am safely in the 260's. . . No need to move back to the 270's thread. Heh.

EvieBaby
03-06-2014, 02:10 PM
254.2 Signed up with a new fancy gym yesterday. Long and the short is: Personal trainers are f-ing expensive! There is an intro program that is much more my speed. I'm hoping that the gym's hefty price tag keeps me going all the time.

I ordered a yoga mat off the internet that should be arriving in a day or two, I am looking forward to starting Yoga soon!

Enjoy the gym. Go, go, go! And funny, I just started yoga this week. It makes my body feel really good. (I noticed "feeling better" almost immediately!)

I stepped on the scale this morning and saw 259.3! It was an exciting moment and definitely one to keep me motivated. Although yesterday I did my first round of monthly measurements and love having that as a NSV to look forward to.

Woot, woot! It is lovely to see the scale move--but you're right: focusing on inches is even better health-wise and more inspiring.

I was back up to 259 on Friday. I didn't post about it because I was ashamed. Things have been rough and my eating and exercise habits are suffering because of it. One of my cats died on Thursday... I remember how excited I was to get under 260. And how excited I was to get under 300. Just a year ago that seemed impossible. I'm going to try to focus on my fitness levels and eating habits more than the scale. It's hard to not want to race through the weight loss but I know that I'm better off doing it slowly anyway.

I'm so sorry about your cat. It's so hard to lose a pet. Hang in there and try not to let your sadness derail all your great progress--but also *DO NOT BEAT YOURSELF UP* if you think you fall down. Just get back up! :) It's very encouraging to me, personally, to see your progress. Be kind to yourself and never ashamed. :hug:

250.0!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not sure if it's because I spent all last night sicker than a dog and puking my guts out, but I'll take it. I weighed myself on my other scale just be be sure at it said 249.6! WOOOO! I might be out of the 250's, despite the fact that my steps have been abysmal this last week.
!

Sorry you were sick. Hope you're all better now! And hooray re: 249! I can't wait to get there!

:carrot::carrot: 250.5 Yay! I might just be in the 240's next week!

Yay! How I want to join you. Will be a month or two though. But I will _join_ you.

ugh im so ashamed I had gotten all the way down to 238 i feel off the wagon and got depressed after I lost the baby and ate myself up to my present 264.3

hopefully ill be out of this thread soon ! but in the meanwhile hello everyone !

Please don't be ashamed of something like that :( . . . We're only human, and grief is a hard thing to maneuver through. I'm so sorry for your loss. Hang in there! [/QUOTE]

kailpea
03-06-2014, 03:11 PM
Well it's TOM for me, so just as I was down to 249. . . I'm back up to 251. =( Still feeling pretty under the weather so i haven't been working out at all this week. Hoping to get back to it this weekend. On the bright side, I went to the doctor yesterday after noon and I made sure to weigh myself with all my clothes on before leaving home, (256) and then I went to the doctor and they weighed me there and I got (252). So according to the doctor's scale I'm about 4 lbs lighter than I am on my home scale. Wooohoooo! Which means if I were sans clothing on the doctor's scale I would probably be 248! Still going to go with my home scale though, since that's what I weigh on everyday.

CharityMarie
03-07-2014, 01:46 AM
kailpea you are soooo close to saying goodbye to us! very excited for you. TOM is lame, but at least it passes and usually that weirdo water weight does too. A huge reason I want to be under 250? Its closer to 200 than 300 aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand my work has one of those old school doctors scales with the slidey bars that you level out, and you have to move the larger number block first (100, 150, 200, 250) and then slide the individual numbers over and add together to get your weight.. well.. all I've wanted since I started this journey was to not have to flip the first block to 250. It's a little mini goal of mine and now when i go to work its sooo close.

keep on keepin' on everyone!

SucreSucre
03-08-2014, 11:08 AM
I can't wait for everyone to move on down!!! So many people are so close. This decade has been torture, but I'm back down to 256.2 and really feeling like I'm in a groove; with eating and my fitness goals. I would LOVE to join everybody in the 240's thread by the end of this month!

Today I have W3D3 of C25K and some weights! AND I treated myself to a Polar heart monitor!!!!!! $103 but worth every penny. I'm taking this go-round seriously. Off to the gym and then healthy grocery time, good luck!

MandyLamy
03-08-2014, 08:49 PM
Today I stepped on the scale even though my weigh in isn't until Tuesday and I weighed 249.5 :carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot:

BethC
03-08-2014, 08:59 PM
Hello everyone, so I woke up this morning with TOM didn't want to get weighed in, but went anyway because I've been on vacation for two weeks. Not knowing what I was going to see I was down to 249.8! Knowing that usually get about 2 pounds my first day of TOM, I will definitely take it!!

So, I'll be leaving for the 240s thread and I hope to see you all there soon really soon!!!

CharityMarie
03-08-2014, 10:52 PM
Congrats BethC and MandyLamy !! Hopefully I'll be able to keep you company soon! The 240's thread is about to get a batch of new recruits!! Good luck!

MandyLamy
03-08-2014, 10:58 PM
CharityMarie Thank you :) See you there soon :D

MandyLamy
03-09-2014, 01:14 AM
:woohoo: I just want to take a moment to say, Today I feel terrible I have a cold and I also think TOM is coming.. But, as much as I wanted to Just skip my workout today I pushed through and finished it and I feel great for it! Nobody in my house would understand my excitement for accomplishing this small victory but, I figured you guys might be able to relate :) It really goes to show if you put your mind to it and not excuses you can work through anything!

modifyeddoll87
03-09-2014, 12:52 PM
Eviebaby thanks so much for your kind words , your right were all human people make mistakes sometimes trying to loose weight brings out a negative obsessiveness in me

welcome to the thread and congrats on leaving the 270's behind !

in other news 259.8 today !

CharityMarie
03-09-2014, 02:12 PM
So I'm really really excited this weekend! A few months ago, at my 296, my dad offered to take me on a ride in his 1978 Corvette. I'd never been in it so I was thrilled! Got in it, and apparently in 1978 they did NOT think people would get that fat... I couldn't buckle the seatbelt.. I started crying.. my dad told me it was alright and to just hold it like it was buckled and we took off.. but it was NOT a fun trip and it should have been!

Well, he took it out of the garage today to take her on a spin since in Ohio winter you cant drive one around at all.. and I thought.. 42 pounds should be enough to click that damn seatbelt! I offered to go along for the ride and TA-DA !!!! Totally buckled that baby! I have emerged victorious, Corvette! I even had a tiny little bit of extra strap room, where before it was a few inches TOO SHORT! I know this might sound so dumb but I'm so excited I could pass out.

Secondly, I've been debating on whether or not I wanted to get a fitbit flex as a birthday present to myself (bday in april) and I mentioned it to a friend and he ordered it for me! Nobody has ever really bought me anything.. I always tell people not to so this was a total surprise. He told me I was a great motivator and if I thought having one would help me achieve my goals he was all for it. My supportive friends and this community is really helping me along and I'm really very happy to be where I am right now, and happy to see where I can get to!

Does anyone else use fitbit? How do you like it?

KarinRose
03-09-2014, 02:19 PM
CharityMarie What an amazing story! I have a fit bit one and I love it so far! :-)

Martine
03-09-2014, 02:55 PM
CharityMarie, loved your corvette story. Every victory helps keep us going.

kailpea
03-09-2014, 03:25 PM
Charity That corvette story is awesome! I have a fit bit one and I really like it. My only complaint is that sometimes I'll forget to put it on in the morning, but if you are getting a flex you won't have that problem. My steps have been abysmal this week (I actually haven't worn mine for the last week because I've been sick and haven't left the bed much) but once you get yours you should add me! I think the more friends you have on there to kinda compete with steps, improves the experience. Here is the link to my profile. https://www.fitbit.com/user/2CKS8Z Anyone else, feel free to add me too. =)

Still hanging out in the 250's. Argh! 251.3 today. TOM is over but it would seem the water weight has not left. Oh well, I peeked in over at the 240's thread the other day and it seems pretty dead. We all need to get over there ASAP and liven things up!

CharityMarie
03-09-2014, 06:14 PM
I have been peeking in at the 240's thread and it does seem a little underwhelming. Maybe if a batch of us move on down it'll be much more lively!

I'll have to add you once it comes in the mail. I'm really excited, and its also waterproof so I should really never have to worry about taking it off, maybe that'll help

KarinRose
03-09-2014, 11:14 PM
Hi guys,

My Fitbit profile id is 2DYF84. (It won't let me post the whole link right now)

:-)

Also, MandyLamy you inspired me to get to the gym today. Thanks!!

MandyLamy
03-10-2014, 01:26 AM
KarinRose Thats what we are all here for! To support, to inspire, to help like a big family :D I've been inspired by so many people here so its nice to hear I inspired someone :)

CharityMarie
03-10-2014, 01:49 PM
I dont know how, but my scale all morning has been telling me 251. So, while it might not stick I am certainly going to be excited. Its amazing sometimes the numbers you never thought youd see facing back at you on the scale.

MandyLamy
03-10-2014, 04:52 PM
CharityMarie 251 awesome! We need more of us to hit the 240's haha the 240's thread is SO DEAD.

Avezy44
03-10-2014, 06:35 PM
Finally had my TOM woosh after sticking at or above the same weight for almost 2 weeks!

CharityMarie
03-10-2014, 10:17 PM
Yea the 240's thread looks dead, I peek in on it once in a while. I wonder why that is.

Silverfire
03-11-2014, 03:56 PM
Heya everyone.

256.3 this morning. I'm really getting frusterated with the scale the last couple of weeks. I'm so ready to move on! Busting my butt in the gym, hired a trainer! Pretty darn on plan food wise. Come ON already scale! I can only hope for a whoosh I guess.

I poked around in the 240's thread too, and it does seem pretty lack-luster. Hopefully a few of us can move on down around the same time, and keep each other company.

NSV though. The dress I wore to my BF's Christmas party is a bit too big for me now and had to be taken in! Woo woo! I'm looking forward to rocking it this weekend at my cousins wedding!

Have a great week everyone :)

SucreSucre
03-12-2014, 01:51 PM
What an amazing story CharityMarie!!! :carrot: Those NSVs really do make this whole journey even more worth it!

Kailpea I am sure you'll be out of here in NO time (if you aren't out of here already)!

Yay for clothing NSVs Silverfire! I had one pair of these fashion sweatpants from Forever21 (they're like casual pants, can't explain them, they are cute, I promise lol!) and when I bought them, my thighs were about to burst out, but I tried them on a few days ago and they are just mildly bursting out now lol

I am at 255, thank heavens! I don't weigh daily, but I did want to jump on today and see if this whole theory or everything "clicking" is leading to results and I am happy to say it is. I decided I can't obsess over this number, I have to just keep doing what I know is right. But I'm not going to lie, I REALLY want to see 251 by the end of this month (that's my first 5% goal!). Tonight is W2D2 of my C25K program and then i am working on my booty with squats, deadlifts, sumo squats and kick-backs.

Onward and downward ladies!!!

MandyLamy
03-12-2014, 05:46 PM
I hope its still ok to stay in this group lol. With the 240's group dead I have no where else to go *sadface* I had a big woosh this morning I'm down to 246.5! :)

Silverfire
03-12-2014, 05:57 PM
Yeahhhhh Mandy!!! Nice whoosh! You can hang out with us for as long as you want! Hopefully a few more of us will be able to join you soon before you're off to the 230's!!!

KarinRose
03-12-2014, 07:55 PM
Today I had one of those days that my motivation felt like it was gone. But then I talked myself into going to the gym, telling myself I had permission to come on here and complain if I needed to after....
And instead I had a great day at the gym and feel totally in control again! All that happened because I knew I could come here and be honest at the end of the day. Thank you ladies for empowering me! :-)

CharityMarie
03-12-2014, 09:48 PM
Mandy, that's awesome!! Two more stinkin' pounds and I'll be in the 240's. Very excited since I told myself months ago when I got there I'd join Zumba! Let's go everyone the 240's thread needs some company

SucreSucre
03-13-2014, 11:07 PM
I pigged out today; we had a baby shower THEN a friend I went out for burgers. The shower wasn't that bad: half a sandwich, tiny bag of natural light salt chips, 2 Rice Krispie bites and a cup of hot chocolate.

But the dinner? A bacon cheeseburger and fries...but I'm not going to beat myself up about it. I also went to Zumba and drank a ton of water (my 2 daily fitness goals for the day), so I'll just get back on the horse tomorrow.

I'm moving to C25K week 3 next week and I'm nervous!!! But I'm also excited because I've never made it past week 2!

KarinRose
03-15-2014, 08:54 AM
I'm frustrated as I've officially transitioned from my honeymoon phase of weight loss ("look at how when I do everything right pounds just slide off") to the "wtf mate?!" phase where multiple factors are raising my weight even though my good behaviors haven't changed. Argh. Not sure if it is PMS water retention or what (hoping that is all). Just another reason I think that weight loss is probably easier for men, it is very discouraging to be doing everything right and have your body actively working in the opposite direction at least 1 week per month...

In other news, I had been reticent to use the metro of late... The past couple days I have been loving walking to and from and even walking up and down escalators even. NSV for the win!

BethC
03-15-2014, 11:56 AM
I hope its still ok to stay in this group lol. With the 240's group dead I have no where else to go *sadface* I had a big woosh this morning I'm down to 246.5! :)

I came back too... I hope it's ok, but I missed all the folks here!

Down another lb, weighted in at 248.8 today!! :dance:

MandyLamy
03-16-2014, 12:27 AM
CharityMarie You got this! :)

BethC Congrats!! I'm down a 1/2 pound (246 now) :D I like this group as well :)

CharityMarie
03-16-2014, 01:31 AM
im not weighing until tuesday, i only use the scale at my work and i dont go back until tuesday, hopefully itll be a good few pounds to shave off my ticker!!

kailpea
03-16-2014, 01:17 PM
I'm coming back too! The 240's thread is super dead. =( Went overboard yesterday and I am paying for it today. 249.2. I will not change my ticker though. Up is not an option!

MandyLamy
03-16-2014, 11:17 PM
My scale has been toddling between 246 and 248 for the past week its really annoying! I only use the number I get on Tuesdays but I hop on the scale every day (don't know why its depressing!) I don't know where I'm going with this post I guess it's just a mini rant haha.

Avezy44
03-17-2014, 03:40 AM
Down to 262! Getting close to the 250s!!

Silverfire
03-17-2014, 11:05 AM
Back up to 256 today. After a wedding party weekend. Booze and treats. Hopefully after an @ss kicking workout today, the scale will stat back down again!

Avezy44
03-17-2014, 03:00 PM
As of today I was at 261! I only need to lose 2 more to hit my goal for this month and be OUT OF THE 260s!! :) This is exciting!!!

CharityMarie
03-17-2014, 04:54 PM
Got called into work today, hopped on the scale and 250! - Official weigh in day is Wednesday.. doubt I can whack off another pound but I'd be stoked if I could and I was tiptoe-ing into the 240's!

KarinRose
03-18-2014, 08:38 AM
Down to 254.6 today. Going in the right direction again!

Also, over the weekend I signed up to do a 10k over the Chesapeake Bay Bridge in November. My friend was signing up and I decided that it sounded like a good goal to push myself toward. My current goal is to run/walk it 60/40, but we will see as it gets closer. I'm fairly afraid of heights, so I figure I will want to get off as fast as possible! Ha! ;-)

SucreSucre
03-18-2014, 06:50 PM
SO. HUNGRY. TODAY.

Someone help me!!!! Why am I so hungry??!?!? I have eaten some really good and filling foods and I keep trying to drink a ton of water and green tea!!!

UGH!!!!! What is wrong, it's like no matter what I eat my body is telling me it needs more!

I know that sometimes our bodies just learn to expect food from years of over-eating, but I have never had this problem and my body is super unhappy R/N :(

MandyLamy
03-18-2014, 08:22 PM
Today was my official weekly weigh in day and I'm at 247. Last Tuesday I was 249 so it's still a good drop! But, I weighed myself daily this past week and I hit 246 at one point so I was kinda sad to see 247 this morning but, I need to think positive! I still lost 2lbs this past week! Yay :) My goal this week is not to weigh myself until Tuesday next week It's way too depressing weighing every day!

EvieBaby
03-20-2014, 12:31 PM
Wow, so many of us have hit the 240-somethings this month! Woot, woot! I am nowhere close. But I'm keeping my 260-something status, so that's good. I had a fantastic holiday, and feel really inspired and motivated about various areas of my life.

Let's have a kick butt end of March, guys!

Silverfire
03-21-2014, 10:59 AM
Wooo!! 252.2 today! I hope this is the whoosh I have been waiting for!

Avezy44
03-22-2014, 11:47 AM
As of today I am in the 250s!!!! :) Literally 10 lbs from where I started in March of 2010!!!

KarinRose
03-22-2014, 09:53 PM
Great job, Silverfire and Avezy!!! :-). We have to chase after all those folks who went down to the 240s thread. :-)

SucreSucre
03-23-2014, 01:47 PM
Finally back down to 254!!! I saw that number a few weeks ago and thank Goodness it's back there and NOT going up! My last goal for March is to see 249 by April 1st

Silverfire
03-24-2014, 11:53 AM
Still holding at 252. I really would love to get below 250 by the end of the month!

Silverfire
03-26-2014, 10:11 AM
Omg omg omg 250.6 today!!!

SucreSucre
03-26-2014, 02:38 PM
Omg omg omg 250.6 today!!!

WTG!!!!!!! :dizzy::carrot:

I'm up to 255, but between TOM, muscle swelling and lack of water, I'm not all that worried, I am STILL pushing to see 249 on April 1st, that's 6 days away. You know what the say: aim for the stars and your at least fall in the clouds!

KarinRose
03-26-2014, 08:57 PM
I am hanging out at 253.3. Really hankering to be in the next thread and not be left back here...

KarinRose
03-27-2014, 08:04 AM
Mini Whoosh. This morning at 251.8. Fingers crossed that it is for real!

SucreSucre
03-27-2014, 11:18 AM
I saw 252 and 253 this morning...but then I also saw 255 -_-

I don't care, I haven't seen 252 since LAST YEAR!!!!! That was the extra kick in motivation pants that I needed. I have a day healthy meals and snacks planned and then I Zumba!

WHOO HOO!!!

Kate79
03-27-2014, 04:28 PM
256 today. Slooooowly working my way back down. I've cut way back on snacking, and I'm going to amp up my exercise in April :)
I just joined LA Fitness last week, so I'm going to be able to add a lot more variety to my workouts, including swimming! :)

shrewlu
03-28-2014, 05:27 AM
253 as of last Sunday. Keeping my fingers crossed that I'll have a whoosh once TOM is over. Congratulations to everyone who has made it to the 240s!

Avezy44
03-28-2014, 10:44 AM
After sitting at 259 for a good minute I've dropped down to 257! The further away I get from the 260s the better :)

SucreSucre
03-28-2014, 10:47 AM
I see I'm not the only one waiting (well, for me, begging) for a post-TOM woosh lol

I keep seeing 253 and 255 on the scale...so nervous! Today is a break day from exercising, so I am hoping with lots of water, I lose some muscle swell and that TOM just goes away, so I can proudly say I am in the 240's for April!

Silverfire
03-28-2014, 11:41 AM
250.0 again today! :woohoo: I think it's here to stay! So much I'd love to be out of the 250's this month!

Just keep sticking with it guys, your whooshes will come :)

SucreSucre
03-29-2014, 08:25 AM
252 (well, 251.8)! Just 2 lbs away from the 240's!!! And my BMI went down to 39.5 (yay!)

KarinRose
04-01-2014, 08:43 AM
I'm sticking to plan, but I really hate how TOM comes in and messes with hormones, emotions, cravings, weight fluctuations, and feeling too ill to exercise. Grrrr. I hope it is over soon and the scale settles back down...

Avezy44
04-02-2014, 11:20 AM
Halfway out of the 250s!!! :) Getting so close!

SucreSucre
04-02-2014, 03:07 PM
Still hanging around 250-252...not going to stress out about it, I am doing what I am supposed to be doing and I am CONFIDENT that Saturday's weigh in will FINALLY see the 240's!!!

Did a great Bhangra dance class last night and burned about 500 calories in an hour - it felt really good. But now, I am sick, so taking a few days rest from working out, so will have to watch my diet EVEN more.

Can't wait to move over to the next thread!!! And WTC Avezy44, you're almost there!

Kate79
04-03-2014, 03:29 PM
254 this week. Finally getting back on track :)

KarinRose
04-04-2014, 08:15 AM
249. 6 this morning. Headed over to 240s thread but hope to see you all there soon!!! :-)

6months
04-04-2014, 12:23 PM
Hey everyone, newbie here!

Started my journey last week, starting off slow with small changes and so far down 2.4 pounds! I am one happy camper!

Silverfire
04-04-2014, 12:28 PM
252.4 today - Had a bit of a binge last night. Went out for breakfast and lunch, with chips and pop! Followed up with sausage and perogies for dinner, followed by some cheese strings I didn't need, cherries and a banana. And a Vitamin water. I was nearly 3000 calories by the time I was done. Worst part was I was so full and sleepy I didn't make breakfast or lunch for today :(

Slashnl
04-07-2014, 01:07 PM
Hi everyone! I'm so excited to be joining you in this thread! I had a really big loss at this week's weigh in, 5.4 pounds, to get me in the 260's. (Just so you know, I didn't lose anything last week... actually went up by .2 pounds, so this is so nice!) I'm working off a regain, and I'll have it off when I get to 253, so I'm looking forward to that.

Looking forward to getting to know you, even though it looks like quite a few are getting close to moving to the 240's. So exciting!

Slashnl
04-09-2014, 12:50 PM
Ok... where did you all go? :)

Silverfire
04-09-2014, 12:59 PM
I'm STILL here!! 251.2 today.

UGH.

I'm taking a break today. From everything! No gym, I'm not gunna track anything I eat. I've been so busy this last week I'm just completely mentally and physically exhausted! I'm hoping I'll be able to catch up today and get back into a groove tomorrow. I have no clean dishes, no clean clothes and nothing to eat!

livcarter
04-09-2014, 05:34 PM
Hey everyone!

I've been going really off track lately so I thought I'd join in this decade thread to help me get my focus back. I'm at 258.6 and I really want to get down to 256 by the 17th (my birthday) so I can start off 27 by crossing out of the extreme obesity range and into obese (It's so weird to have obese be a goal).

Slashnl
04-10-2014, 12:04 PM
Silverfire: Sounds like a rest day from everything is definitely in order for you! I think it is just so hard to get past those decade marks. I don't know why, except maybe we think about it more. Maybe a mental/physical break will be helpful!

Livcarter: You've done really well. Good luck on your next goal. I'll have to look at the charts and see where I need to be to get to a different obese classification. Ha!!

Went to Body Pump this morning. It was good. The instructor made us all laugh. She was trying to point out on the squats that you need to get your butt back, like you are trying to sit in a chair that is too far away. She said, "Look at my butt!" It sounded funny, so everyone started whistling and making cat calls.

Have a good day everyone!

Avezy44
04-12-2014, 10:35 AM
2 more pounds and I'll be out of the 250s!!!

2fat2jump
04-13-2014, 03:42 PM
Hi, everyone! Newcomer coming through. :) I had an incredible whoosh week that landed me in the 260's today. I'm excited to be here because it's been years since I was at this weight.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone. I'll probably be here for a while. :)

Hi, Slashnl. I made it from the 270's thread. haha

Slashnl
04-13-2014, 04:41 PM
2Fat2Jump: Look at you!! Glad you made it here! We'll work our way down through this together! I'm looking forward to 250's.

wannaskipandlaugh
04-13-2014, 05:05 PM
:woohoo: and :congrat: to you 2F2J YOU have lost 100 lbs! SHAZAM!!!!!! I am so happy and proud of you! (whistling like crazy for you!) Look at how far you have come! I remember when getting into the 290's was such an awesome desire and NOW... well Onderland is there in front of you and everyone! I just had to congratulate you! :D

2fat2jump
04-14-2014, 10:10 AM
Well, shucks wannaskip. Thanks for all the love. I couldn't have done it without you that's for sure!!!!!!!!!

Slashnl, looking forward to getting to those 250s. You'll keep me on my toes!

Slashnl
04-14-2014, 12:19 PM
2fat2jump: I hadn't noticed that you hit 100 pounds lost! Wow, that's so amazing! You must just feel so awesome!!

I didn't have a great weigh in today, but I wasn't too surprised. I went up by 1.6 pounds. I had lost so much last week, that it just didn't seem right, so I thought my body my re-adjust some, plus TOM might have something to do with it, too. So, it's ok. I guess. :)

Back to Spin this morning. Just keeping on!

calluna
04-15-2014, 03:52 PM
Hello, all... I'm in this thread with you. Have been reading but not posting lately, and I figure it's time to stand up and be counted. :)

Halfway through 260s...

2fat2jump
04-16-2014, 09:23 AM
I've officially hit that part of my cycle some here affectionately refer to as "shark week." I've been eating a salad every day for lunch for weeks, but I couldn't do it yesterday. It just seemed so unappetizing. Instead I made microwaved popcorn, 3tb popcorn and a tsp of olive oil in a paper bag. Not the healthiest lunch, but it helped with the junk food cravings. Until about an hour later. haha Uh, stupid hormones!

I bought a new workout to try - Chalean Extreme. I had planned on starting it this week, but I may wait until next week. My body is just not up to it right now. I have been doing lots of Zumba though and in no way am I sitting out. Just taking a low intensity week until my energy levels return.

Weight is still the same, but that's fine with me. As long as I'm still at that 100lb loss marker. :) I probably won't have another big whoosh like that until next month. I'll have to remind myself of this in about 3 weeks when I'm about to lose my mind from not losing. haha

Slashnl : good job not be deterred by a discouraging weigh-in. You're right, your body is just adjusting and that 1.6 fluctuation will go right back down. Spin class sounds like a lot of fun!

Hi, Calluna! Happy to see you step forward. :) We're all in this together afterall!

Slashnl
04-16-2014, 01:08 PM
Hi Calluna! Glad you're speaking out now! Look forward to getting to know you!

2Fat2Jump: Sounds like a good workout... anything with "extreme" in the title is a little scary! Gotta be ready for that.

Not much going on with me. Plugging along. I had a crappy attitude yesterday and was feeling tired, but today is better. When I was going home, I kept thinking about how I was tired of always thinking about staying on plan, etc. But, I also know that there isn't a choice here. I have to keep thinking about it if I'm going to meet goals. I think it was just a bad day. Most of the time I don't have a problem with keeping track of calories and making sure I exercise. Not an issue today!!

Nagazim
04-18-2014, 12:56 PM
Hi all :wave:

I've been going through a few crazy weeks where I decided to not worry with food and I've ended up gaining 10 lbs. I know most is probably water weight but it has put me back up to 251. I'm so ready for this pregnancy to be over with so I can have my body back.

calluna
04-18-2014, 01:53 PM
Nagazim- Pregnancy is indeed a bit of a monkey-wrench for the body! Glad you're doing your best to be mindful and take care of your body during the pregnancy. :)

As for me, I'm still moving along. It's been a good week in general - getting some exercise, though I need more, and eating well. Look forward to the next weight decade!

Slashnl
04-18-2014, 02:32 PM
Calluna: You are getting close to the 250's! Good for you!

Nagazim: Hang in there. I know there are people who just loved being pregnant... I was not one of them. It really does a number on your body, even though it is worth the damage!

Sneaked a peek at the scale today, it looked pretty good. I'll need to stay focused through the weekend, though. With Easter and my daughter's birthday, it will take a lot of discipline. Love good holiday food...and cake. :) I'll hit the gym tomorrow morning for a spin class, so that should help.

Have a good weekend!

Nagazim
04-19-2014, 12:26 PM
Hi ladies.

I did pretty well for most of the day. I know my body does best with lower carb intake. I was losing like a machine before I got pregnant sticking to under 30 carbs/day and know I can't do that now because the pregnancy requires the extra. I'm going to try aiming for 80ish and see how I do. I don't look forward to the withdrawal lol.

I hope everyone has a good holiday!

LGW
04-19-2014, 12:57 PM
I'm coming in at 261! Let's see how long it takes to get out of the 250's and on to a new thread! :-)

calluna
04-20-2014, 03:28 PM
Hello, all! I had an NSV yesterday - and perhaps today. We were out of town yesterday running errands in Anchorage (a 3 hr drive away). Of course that means eating out... I had probably a little extra sodium, but avoided junk food and ate within the parameters that I need to.

And another... today is easter and I've stayed out of the baskets.

Slashnl
04-21-2014, 12:35 PM
Hi everyone. Had a good weekend, only indulged a little. :) I came through with a 1.4 pound loss. I was hoping for more, but that's ok, too. As long as it is a loss, I'm glad.

Have a good week!

calluna
04-21-2014, 03:27 PM
Hello there! I also had a good weekend. NO easter candy, did enjoy our easter dinner that was a bit on the high side of what I'd normally eat.

Diane, I'd say that a 1.4 lb loss when there's a holiday in the week is a good loss. :) And even if there's not...

MissKoo
04-21-2014, 06:27 PM
Okay, so I gained a bunch of weight back. I'm back again for some support (giving and getting). My work habits are out of control (working way too much), stress is giving me a bad case of the sugar-cravies, I just lost my father and I'm heartsick. I'm not even ready to eat healthy this week. I know I have a project due Friday and I don't even have time to go grocery shopping for healthy food. I'm going to whole foods and the grocery Sunday night, though. In my calendar, in ink.

I did decide that I need to move everyday NO MATTER WHAT. I need it to throw off this daze of sadness and get my body working again. I'm going to post everyday exactly what "moving" went on with me!

Today, I did Leslie's Pilates DVD. I made it through the first mile.

Hope to get to know you guys so we can share the journey.

calluna
04-21-2014, 07:59 PM
MissKoo, I remember you. Welcome, hello, and while I'm sorry to hear of your sadness I agree that movement and community may help. It is good to see you.

LGW
04-22-2014, 12:44 PM
259.6 (-0.5) - 260.4 initially, but moved scale...so we'll see what tomorrow brings...but in the interim I'm claiming 250's!!!!!! :-)

Slashnl
04-22-2014, 12:58 PM
Calluna: You are right, having a holiday but still showing a loss is good. I need to learn patience. :) Especially because, unlike you, I had some Easter Candy. Love white chocolate bunnies! I did put in the calories for it on myfitnesspal.

MissKoo: I think you have a good plan, just getting some movement in the day. You can ramp up the eating plan after going to the store, but good for you for not just waiting to get moving!!

LGW: Yay, 250's!

As for me, I'm doing good. Staying on plan. I had some chili last night, and it was really good... until the acid reflux overnight. I think I just ate way too late. Hopefully tonight will be a little more restful!

Have a great day!

MissKoo
04-22-2014, 09:34 PM
Hey everyone. Walked today. Looking forward to feeling healthier. Going to do my yoga dvd in the morning (I have to blow the dust off the cover, first)!

Have a lovely evening.

Bluehoodie2012
04-23-2014, 02:01 AM
Hi everyone. I am not new around here, I got awesome support here several years ago, and yep I'm back again, heavier then ever. Finally had enough and tonight threw out all of the food I shouldn't eat, and have started a commitment to get healthy! I will be following south beach since I have pcos with insulin issues. Hope to encourage as well as be encouraged!

Nagazim
04-23-2014, 12:47 PM
Well I survived the weekend and didn't do too badly with food choices. I did have some of the kid's Easter candy. (and it was good :dizzy:). I had an OB appointment on Monday and their scale I was up to 254. :o I'm hoping it was just due to a little too much salt and lack of water on Sunday. I haven't weighed again. I dislike the scale right now :mad:. Oh well. Today is a new day and I WILL make good choices! I hope everyone is having a good Hump Day!;)

MissKoo
04-23-2014, 08:19 PM
Hey Bluehoodie. I'm back, too. I'm so glad this group is here for us. I'm back on my exercise and trying to take just about one hour at a time. I'm going through some grief and trying to treat myself with kindness but I do have to start eating healthy again! Welcome back.

Nagazim
04-24-2014, 12:10 PM
Weighed today and I'm down to 250.4 so almost back out of the 250s (hopefully for the last time). I hope the fluid keeps shedding.

Slashnl
04-24-2014, 12:29 PM
Hi all!

Miss Koo: Good for you to keep going on the exercise! You are doing great!

Nagazim: You're almost out of the 250's!! Always fun going into a lower decade!

BlueHoodie: Glad you're joining us! You can do it!!

Went to Body Pump today. They had a new "release" today, which just means they changed up the program some. It is good that they do that, but boy was it hard. It usually takes awhile to get used to a new one, and then by the time you are comfortable with it, they change it. Good for fitness, though. I have a feeling my arms are going to fall off later today.

Have a great day!

Bluehoodie2012
04-24-2014, 03:46 PM
Made it through day one...dealing with a caffeine headache today. Last night was terrible!! I had major cravings that made me just want to eat what I shouldn't. But I pushed through. Had a handful of mints and water which I am OK with!! Best irritant right now is my scale totally gave out. Not sure when I will be able to get a new one, but it might be interesting to just eat how I should and weigh myself several days later. :)

Nagazim
04-24-2014, 04:21 PM
Slashnl - The Body Pump class sounds fun. I like it when I realize what I used to struggle with is now easy. It's great that they change your workout up so much. Keeps it interesting.

Bluehoodie- Day 2 is always the hardest for me. I try to drink a lot of water with lemon added to help with detox. It seems to help with the headaches too.

MissKoo
04-24-2014, 09:36 PM
Good evening, all!

Our gym has the body pump class but I've always been too self-conscious to join it. What happens during the class? Is it like lifting weights to music? I might be able to talk myself into going one of these days!

Slashnl
04-25-2014, 12:48 PM
Blue Hoodie: Good for you! You did it! Just keep going and the bad stuff will go away! Awesome!

MissKoo: Body Pump is a great combo class to me. It gives you some weight lifting work, but it is also a lot of cardio. It works through every muscle group you have, so it is very thorough, and it has music, so that helps! If you go, just start out with low weights and if you feel comfortable talking to the instructor, they can help you get going on it. It will make you very sore at first, but if you stick with it, you get so much benefit from it. I have always had weak shoulders, but with Body Pump, I've been able to get to where I actually can do real pushups and I've noticed more firmness and strength in my shoulders. It is great.

Had a great day at Spin class today. I really like the Friday instructor. But as I was walking out, this one woman who I would consider an advanced rider told me that she thought I was really gaining strength as a rider and she could really see the improvement. I told her that she made my day. She doesn't know it, but she's my new best friend... ha! Felt great to know that she thought I was doing well.

I really like the working out part of my life. It makes me feel so good. Being on plan for food and recording every calorie is a necessary evil for me, but working out is something I've grown to love.

Have a great weekend!

RedRosie
04-26-2014, 11:59 AM
Hello all!

Hope you don't mind if I hop in the posting pool. I'm back on track after a couple months of backslide that took me from a happy place where leaving the 250s was on the horizon right back out to the mid 260s. Ah, c'est la vie, I suppose.

I stopped posting when I started to backslide, so I'm looking for a new thread away from home to keep me on track.

Happy weekend!
RRosie

Avezy44
04-26-2014, 02:05 PM
I've been stuck in a plateau where I couldn't get under 251 for the last two weeks. Today my scale budged and moved down to 250!!! I'll take it! One pound until I say goodbye to the 250s and 1 pound until I reach my April goal! :)

Slashnl
04-26-2014, 05:30 PM
Hi All!

Just checking in for the weekend. I'm hoping for a great weigh in on Monday. I looked on Friday and it was down, so I hope it will be a good loss to record!

Have a great weekend!

Slashnl
04-28-2014, 12:54 PM
Had a good weigh in today, down 2.2 pounds, to 262.8. I'm looking forward to getting the next 10 off. Then, I'm back down to what I was before the most recent regain. So ready!

calluna
04-28-2014, 03:30 PM
Just checking in over here after the weekend! No weigh in this week, as I hadn't any access to a scale at all over the weekend. We'll see what it looks like this Saturday. :)

Slashnl
04-29-2014, 12:48 PM
Calluna: You and I are racing to the 250's! I hope you have a good weigh in next weekend!

I'm going to try to average 2 pounds loss per week. I don't know if it is something I can do, but I'm going to try! My son's graduation is in a couple of weeks, so I'm going to need to try to be extra diligent to stay on plan. Can't celebrate too much!

calluna
04-29-2014, 03:02 PM
Slashnl: We'll both get there soon, too, and then keep checking in during the next thread. :)

Congratulations on your son's graduation! HS or college?

EvieBaby
04-29-2014, 08:05 PM
Arrrgggghh . . . I've been too quiet because I'm still hovering at 271. So discouraging because I solidly belonged here at 263. I haven't wanted to go up a board, but I have to . . . In either event, it's exciting to read your guys' progress. I hope I'm back with you soon!

MissKoo
04-29-2014, 11:39 PM
Heading to the gym tomorrow after work. I really want to weigh myself but I'm just not ready to face it! I want to feel good about trying to workout and eating better.

Either way, I've been working way to many hours so I'm leaving on time (or early) tomorrow and nothing is going to stop me! I booked a facial after the workout so that is some extra incentive.

If you all leave me and head to the 240s, that's okay. I'll catch up at some point!

RedRosie, welcome. I'm returning from quite the backslide, myself!

Have a great HUMPday (what? no camel smilie?) Guess I'll have to settle for something udderly ridiculous! :moo:

calluna
04-30-2014, 12:41 PM
Hey there! I'm not leaving the thread, but I did check out of the decade this morning. I imagine it's because there's been so much sodium for the last few weeks and it's still coming out of my system. I'll take it. :)

Slashnl
04-30-2014, 01:05 PM
Calluna: Good job on the weigh in! I'll try to catch up, we'll see how it goes on Monday's weigh in. Glad you're still in this thread, anyway! Now start heading for 240's!! By the way, it's my son's high school graduation.

MissKoo: Don't worry about weighing yet! Just feel good about what you're doing with working out! That's awesome!

EvieBaby: If you want to stay here, do it!! You'll be back to 260's in no time.

As for me, just keep plugging along. I got on the scale for a quick peek, and it looked good. I should have a good weigh in by Monday. I just can't stay off the scale for a whole week. With trying to make my July 1 goal, I am a little obsessive. I told my son that I thought it might be a little too aggressive of a goal, but he told me that I can do it. Ok, no pressure.... :) I thought that was cute for him to encourage me like that.

Have a good week!

Nagazim
04-30-2014, 02:01 PM
RedRosie - :welcome: I seem to have been repeating the same trek over and over due to my own backsliding ;)

Avezy44 - Grats on the loss! Hopefully you hit your goal today!

Slashnl - Grats on the loss and your son's graduation! I usually set my loss goals high while I can. I know eventually the weight won't pour off so easily so take every lb you can get :)

EvieBaby - you'll be back before ya know it!

MissKoo - A facial sounds wonderful! Enjoy!

AFM: I did really well staying on track for a few days then we had a big family dinner and I felt justified to make up for the good days I had had :(
Self sabotage is ugly ugly ugly! If I don't take control, I know I'm headed to being over my starting weight last summer by the time this baby is born. Ugh. Day1, take 100 today.

Slashnl
05-01-2014, 12:48 PM
Hang in there, Nagazim. What is your goal when the baby is born? Are you trying to keep under a certain amount? Or just keeping track for now?

I was just saying on another thread that Thursdays are not my greatest day for working out. It also feels like I am much hungrier on Thursdays. Wonder why? Fridays seem to get me back to normal, but Thursdays are a challenge.

calluna
05-01-2014, 02:00 PM
Slashnl, you should start a Thursday Workout Challenge thread. ;)

I'm still hanging in there, doing pretty well. Hoping to have a pretty active weekend, the weather has been so nice! Of course, there's also painting to be done... and cleaning...

Nagazim
05-01-2014, 03:26 PM
Hang in there, Nagazim. What is your goal when the baby is born? Are you trying to keep under a certain amount? Or just keeping track for now?

My goal is to hopefully be under 250 and closer to 225 (where I began this pregnancy) by the time the baby is born (July 1). I usually lose at least 20 lbs, depending on the amount of fluid I shed, when I deliver. So that'd put me closer to 200 than 300. I just don't want to be over 250 when I deliver. I had lost 55 lbs when I found out I was pregnant with this surprise baby. I had planned to not even think about getting pregnant until I had hit goal and my set date was in August. So hopefully I'll still hit a half way there goal by being under 200 by my birthday (Oct 25). Goals keep me focused. My dr is ok with me losing a little so long as it's not too drastic and I'm not starving myself. I lose fairly easily going lower carb. I'm just hoping that I've gotten this under control now so I don't balloon up in the next 9 weeks.

Carb goals for now are under 85g/day.

Slashnl
05-02-2014, 12:39 PM
Ah yes! Friday! So happy! And Friday's spin class was good! Kicked my butt! Just glad to be past Thursday's workout. :)

Calluna: I'm looking at doing some cleaning and yard work. Fun times. Ha! But at least it should be nice enough to be outside this weekend! I need to brush my horse too. She's busy shedding!

Nagazim: Sounds like a healthy goal. Good for you!

Nagazim
05-02-2014, 02:03 PM
Well so far, so good. I'm down 6.2 lbs of fluid in 2 days. Crazy how good my body reacts to low carb.

calluna
05-02-2014, 04:17 PM
Good for you, Nagazim!

Slashnl, have a good weekend. :)

It looks like my sodium-shedding is done and I'm actually at 258. I got out for a good walk with son and dog last night and we went for a brisk few miles. such lovely weather is to be appreciated!

Slashnl
05-04-2014, 07:07 PM
Hi all. Weekend check in!

Looking forward to the weigh in tomorrow. I hope to be down some more. It would be so awesome to get in the 250's, but I have not seen that number on my "quick peek, unofficial check in's" throughout the week. So, we'll see how it goes.

Loving the nice weather!

MissKoo
05-04-2014, 08:41 PM
I'm having crazy cravings the past couple days. I'm thinking of going back to South Beach diet eating. If I can make the time to cook then I know I can do it. I really need to learn how to say "No" so I'll have some time to do what I need to!

Have a great week, everyone!

Slashnl
05-05-2014, 01:16 PM
MissKoo: Sounds like a good plan to go to South Beach. It is hard to say no, but sometimes you have to save your sanity! I'm actually pretty good at staying out of extra obligations.

Well, didn't make it to the 250's. I lost 1.4 pounds, which is ok. I was hoping for more, but I also have TOM today. So, maybe at next week's weigh in, I'll make it to the 250's.

How is everyone else doing?

Slashnl
05-07-2014, 12:37 PM
Kinda quiet on this thread! We all must be working so hard that we just don't have time to post!

Not much new for me. I'm trying to stay off the scale until Friday. I will keep Monday as official weigh in and I like to check on Friday so that I know what to do for the weekend, but I was getting a little crazy about checking the scale last week, so I'll wait.

calluna
05-07-2014, 12:45 PM
My whole family has been down with the flu, so I've not been weighing in or even on a computer. I'm on the mend, not back to work yet, but at least getting better.

2fat2jump
05-07-2014, 03:26 PM
I've been MIA for a few weeks, but I assure you I'm still at it! I'm happy to see everyone doing so well in this thread!

My body has officially fallen in to a weight loss pattern. Lose little to nothing for 3 weeks and then whoosh a 2-4lb loss. I didn't want to believe it. I was hoping it may just be a fluke, but the pattern has been quite consistent since February. Oh how I miss seeing those big losses every week. Now reality hit and I realize I may not hit goal for a couple more years. Ah, well. I'm still here trying. :)

Slashnl
05-08-2014, 01:32 PM
Calluna: It will get better! Hope you are well soon.

2Fat2Jump: That's funny that you have a pattern like that. I think that with the amount of weight you have already lost, your body is adjusting as it can. I guess as long as you get the whoosh, you're still headed in the right direction!

I feel like I have a lot of water retention today. The past 2 days, I've gone out to eat for lunch. Although I've stayed within my calorie goal, I wonder if the sodium in those foods was higher than what I normally have. Oh the joy. Well, I'm back to my food now, so hope it helps.

Slashnl
05-12-2014, 12:57 PM
Had a good weigh in today. I'm down 2.8 and moved into the 250's now! Just keep pushing now until the 240's.

calluna
05-12-2014, 03:44 PM
Good for you, Slashnl!

I'm not posting any progress at the moment - between the illness and mother's day, my metabolism doesn't know if it's coming or going. I'm still hovering about where I was, and hopefully I can post some progress this week.

Slashnl
05-15-2014, 01:41 PM
Calluna: It's kind of hard to get back after being sick. Hope it falls into place for you soon!

I'm just getting back to normal after the graduation. Back to work today and back on plan. :)

Slashnl
05-19-2014, 12:27 PM
Ugh. Up 1.4 pounds, back to 260. Damn.

Well, with my son's graduation and birthday last week, I guess just a little too off plan. Back on track this week.

shrewlu
05-20-2014, 08:03 AM
I'm still here. Been bouncing up and down between 251 and 254 for a few months now. Of course, I've also not been eating very well recently. But I'm buckling back down and hopefully will get below 250 soon.

Slashnl
05-20-2014, 01:16 PM
Shrewlu: You are so close! You'll get there soon.

I'm buckling down a lot this week. The long weekend coming up could be dangerous for me, so I need to work hard now. I'd really like to get back to the 250's by Monday. I'll need to find that discipline!!

LGW
05-27-2014, 01:26 PM
See ya!!!!!! 249.6
Good luck everyone!

activeadventurer
05-28-2014, 09:21 AM
Hi Folks,

New to this thread. Recently displaced from my home by water damage. Living in a hotel looking for a new place to live. Need the extra support. I have no idea how much I weigh and eating out all the time. Was in the mid 250's when I last weighed. Some stress eating but nothing crazy. Bought a new Fitbook over the weekend to write down all my food and exercise. Became part of a community garden yesterday. I figure weeding is good for the body and soul.

Best,

Dee

Slashnl
05-28-2014, 01:15 PM
Hi Dee: So sorry to hear about your troubles! Hope things settle down for you very soon. Looks like you have lost a lot of weight so far, though. Congrats on that! Hope you enjoy the weeding, sometimes that can help calm the mind!

I had jumped up to the 260's last week, but I'm back down in the 250's. There is a big baseball tournament going on here all week, so I've been staying up late and then I'm not able to get up to go to the gym. I'm giving myself a pass since this tournament is only here until Friday. I am being very careful on what I eat, though, to minimize the damage.

Vivian27
06-04-2014, 07:52 PM
Hey everyone. I just made it to 268lbs!! Super excited but now I am ready to work towards getting out of the 260's and eventually the 250's. I am working towards my goal 10lbs at a time. I am here for support and motivation like most. Thanks to this site, I have been able to stay on track. On those challenging days, I come here and read, read, and read some more. It helps during those moments of cravings. I am eating 1500-1700 calories a day. Most of the time I stay close to 1500 but on workout days I eat closer to 1700. I plan on checking in once in a while. Stay tuned. Toodles!

Brandnewday
06-05-2014, 12:20 PM
Hi Guys!

I was here and active not quite 2 years ago to lose weight for my daughter's wedding. I did great until I didn't and, of course, wore a size 24 Mother of the Bride dress.:sorry: I lost a bunch of water weight and ended up at 268 this morning.

This will be my "home" for a while, looking forward to cheering you all on!

Slashnl
06-05-2014, 02:51 PM
Welcome Brandnewday and Vivian! I've been kind of by myself on this site for awhile. It has been very quiet. I'm trying to get down to the 240's, but it definitely won't happen overnight!!! Glad that you are here!

Brandnewday
06-07-2014, 11:33 AM
I must have had one heck of a bloat, because I'm down to 265 today.

Brandnewday
06-09-2014, 11:54 AM
263 today! YAHOO!

Slashnl
06-09-2014, 12:36 PM
BrandNewDay: Good job! You're flying through the 260's!

I'm down 1.4 for last week. Inching closer.

Brandnewday
06-09-2014, 01:37 PM
I am flying - but this is typical for me. I lose a LOT of weight in the first 2 weeks, then a reasonable amount of weight, then when it slows I crash and burn and start eating everything. NOT THIS TIME!!!!!

FoxCar
06-10-2014, 07:53 PM
New to the forum and going to join in :), it's great to see other people going through the same thing I am and am excited to be getting this weight off.

Brandnewday
06-10-2014, 09:04 PM
Hi, and welcome FoxCar!

Slashnl
06-11-2014, 12:29 PM
Welcome Fox Car! Glad you're joining us.

BrandNewDay: It's good to recognize how it goes for you in weight loss. Now you can be ready for the slow down and push through it! Good job!

I haven't weighed in since Monday, so nothing new to report. Just checking in!

Brandnewday
06-11-2014, 01:33 PM
263 again yesterday and today. I know my body is adjusting, and I have been following my plan, but I was so used to seeing those numbers go down. Onward, ever onward.

FoxCar
06-11-2014, 05:59 PM
263 again yesterday and today. I know my body is adjusting, and I have been following my plan, but I was so used to seeing those numbers go down. Onward, ever onward.

I know how you feel, I absolutely love the first weeks of a diet when the weight flies off :carrot:. If only it was always that easy lol. Oh well, slow and steady works just as well

I weighed Monday and force myself to weigh only once a week so nothing new for me, just trying to get into a habit of posting daily :)

Brandnewday
06-12-2014, 12:54 AM
I really should only weigh myself once a week because it would be a more realistic picture. I just can't seem to break the habit.

merilung
06-12-2014, 03:00 PM
Hi everyone! I'm jumping in here after a big fertility-medication fuel regain (I mean, some good old fashioned lack of paying attention was involved too, but I don't think I would have regained so fast without all the meds!) at 259.6. Looking forward to getting out of the 250's with all of you! :)

Brandnewday
06-12-2014, 05:41 PM
Hi merilung!

I did not weigh today. I have been sticking with calorie counts, so by Monday I should have some loss, right? Right?

Brandnewday
06-13-2014, 11:42 AM
Well, I caved and weighed today. 262, meaning a 10 lb loss :carrot:! With that motivation, I really am going to try to wait until Monday to weigh again.

I have my dinners planned out for the weekend and have no family or party obligations, so I anticipate smooth sailing. We are also joining a gym today, which I am really excited about.

Slashnl
06-13-2014, 01:20 PM
BrandNewDay: Awesome! Congrats on the 10 pounds!

Merilung: Welcome! Glad you're here with us!

Well, I didn't weigh today. I had thought about weighing "officially" twice a week, on Monday and Friday. Well, that makes me a little obsessive and I didn't like it. So I'm back to weighing just on Mondays. I'm not expecting much on Monday. I've been doing this squat and abs challenge along with my regular workouts. It's been making me pretty sore and I think I'm retaining some water because of it. (I know, making excuses...) I'll keep up with the challenges through the end of the month, I guess. I just have to remind myself that the muscle is changing, but my weight isn't dropping like it was. I don't know. This is hard! :)

merilung
06-13-2014, 02:43 PM
Brandnewday: great job planning! Let us know how your first gym visit goes :)

Slashnl: I *never* drop pounds when I have sore muscles - sometimes I gain a few! You're absolutely retaining water and I bet you'll see a big woosh when your muscles heal/adapt. Are you taking any measurements? I'm really slow to loose sizes, so I like to take just a few measurements to reassure me that I'm making progress when the scale stalls. It sounds like you're doing great with your workouts!

FoxCar
06-13-2014, 09:53 PM
Well, I caved and weighed today. 262, meaning a 10 lb loss :carrot:! With that motivation, I really am going to try to wait until Monday to weigh again.

I have my dinners planned out for the weekend and have no family or party obligations, so I anticipate smooth sailing. We are also joining a gym today, which I am really excited about.

Ohh I am jealous! I'm hoping to at least see a pound off when I weigh Monday. I hosted my parent's anniversary dinner last night and ended up eating some crazy high calorie cake lol. Besides that I've done so well so hoping it doesn't affect me too much. Good luck with the gym!

ataraxia3
06-14-2014, 08:58 PM
Just got back in to the 260s after reaching my highest weight in the 270's. I'm glad im back on track again and im looking forward to getting through these 260s and 250s. I have a doctors appointment on monday because ive been having some really painful sharp pains in my stomach area and i have no idea what could be causing it :(

Brandnewday
06-15-2014, 11:46 AM
Welcome ataraxia3:wave:

I hope your pains are nothing serious, and congrats on joining us here!

Slashnl
06-16-2014, 12:59 PM
Well, guess I'll be in the 250's for awhile anyway. I had a .2 pound loss over the last week. Oh boy. I was really hoping for a lot more than that. Ugh.

FoxCar
06-16-2014, 01:27 PM
I was at 260 when I weighed today, down three pounds from last week :). Kind of surprised since I didn't lose any at all a week ago sticking 100% to my diet but I'm not going to complain about it lol!

Brandnewday
06-16-2014, 02:25 PM
I weighed in at 261 this morning. My loss for the week was 3 lbs.

Good job, FoxCar!

Slashnl, .2 lb loss is better than a gain!

susiemartin
06-16-2014, 06:17 PM
Hey :cool: I was 270.5 this morning. So in just another couple of days or so I'll be able to join this thread. Now that's some progress :carrot:

Brandnewday
06-16-2014, 07:59 PM
YAY! Can't wait to "see" you, susiemartin!

susiemartin
06-16-2014, 08:20 PM
YAY! Can't wait to "see" you, susiemartin!

:)

susiemartin
06-17-2014, 07:53 AM
Good morning :carrot: 269.0

Brandnewday
06-17-2014, 11:35 AM
That's great!! I'll dance with you :carrot::carrot::carrot:

I'm leaving for vacation on Sunday. I've made my peace with just eating the best I can and dealing with the fallout when I get home. I'm soo close to the 250's though!

Slashnl
06-17-2014, 01:11 PM
Welcome Susiemartin! Good job!

BrandNewDay: Have a great time on your vacation!

Nothing new here. Went to Body Pump this morning. They changed the routine and it was a little hard, so that was probably good!

KTG1981
06-17-2014, 01:13 PM
Hey ya'll!

I'm at 270.5, so hopefully will be a "real" member this time next week! Can't wait to join!

FoxCar
06-17-2014, 07:06 PM
Welcome to those joining us or about to join us :) :hug:

I fought the urge to weigh again this morning even though I'm so close to the 250s lol, done well so far today just have to watch dinner!

Slashnl
06-18-2014, 01:25 PM
Nothing to report. I'm staying off the scale until Friday. I think.
Just wanted to check in.

susiemartin
06-20-2014, 08:37 AM
Checking in 268.2 :) Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Slashnl
06-20-2014, 12:28 PM
Quick check in... only down .4 pounds as of today. Hoping that I can squeeze out a whole pound by Monday's official weigh in. Going slow.

Lala2therescue
06-20-2014, 12:43 PM
I guess this club is for me! I cannot believe that I have a whole other person to loose. Today, I am exactly at the 100LBS to loose point. Strangely, the tune of "100 bottles of beer" is playing in my head.

KTG1981
06-21-2014, 06:19 PM
269.8 this morning! It's not Tuesday, but I'm claiming it anyway, 'cause I'm about to start prometrium and not sure how long that number will stick!

susiemartin
06-22-2014, 07:18 AM
Today is my official weigh-in day. I'm up .2 - but down 2.1 for the week :)

Slashnl
06-23-2014, 12:20 PM
Went up .8 for the week. Ugh.

HeeHawHoney
06-23-2014, 01:13 PM
This is the club for me! 260.2 as of this morning.

KTG1981
06-24-2014, 03:03 PM
It's official! :cool:

Held on to that 269.8 through this morning!

There may not be enough dancing carrots in the WORLD to accurately describe how I feel!

:carrot::carrot::carrot:

HeeHawHoney
06-24-2014, 06:10 PM
WTG, KTG1981! I know how excited you must be. I got on the scales this morning, and I am down 20 lbs so far. I kinda felt like dancing too!

susiemartin
06-25-2014, 07:02 AM
267.0 :) Down 20lbs. and half way to my first mini-goal :carrot:

Slashnl
06-25-2014, 12:30 PM
Way to go SusieMartin, HeeHawHoney, and KTG!!!! Awesome numbers!

I'm not recording any weights until next Monday's official weigh in, but I've been checking daily... due to a recent obsession. Sitting at 254.4

KTG1981
06-25-2014, 02:49 PM
Yay, Susie!!!! And Thanks, Honey!!! (And they really need a chorus line of dancing carrots option, I think. . . )

Slash, I'm a compulsive weigh-er myself. . . for me it's encouraging. (I saw 268.7 this morning and will absolutely be using it as motivation to keep it up through next Tuesday.)

I want that 20lb achievement!!! C'mon 266!

KTG1981
06-25-2014, 02:50 PM
267.0 :) Down 20lbs. and half way to my first mini-goal :carrot:

This is SO awesome!!

:carrot::carrot::carrot:

susiemartin
06-29-2014, 09:03 AM
265.9:) Hope everyone has a wonderful week!

Slashnl
06-30-2014, 01:50 PM
Looks like there are some good losses on here today! Good job everyone! I'm just happy I can post some good news too! I am down 5 pounds, finally had a whoosh on my official weigh in day! So, I'm at 250.2. Really close to 240's! It's been a long time since I've been there, so looking forward to it. Hopefully by next weigh in!

susiemartin
06-30-2014, 05:10 PM
So, I'm at 250.2. Really close to 240's! It's been a long time since I've been there, so looking forward to it. Hopefully by next weigh in!

Congratulations! I'll bet you're outta here before the end of the week :cool:

KTG1981
07-09-2014, 01:36 AM
Way to go, Slash! That's AWESOME!

I'm going to officially call today at 269.2, which is a major victory for me, even if it's up from my 268.7. I've been seesawing all over the place for the last week and a half (last Wednesday I was at 276? Srsly?) so I've been doing a lot of deep breathing, letting the number go, and reassuring myself that what the scale says right now is not what it has to say tomorrow.

Also got my grocery and workout pattern disrupted last week, and once that goes so goes the water intake, so that probably didn't help.

KTG1981
07-09-2014, 02:42 AM
Cam asked this question on the 270s thread, but I would love to hear what you groovy cats have to say about it . . .

What do you feel like is really working for you right now? What's the most powerful weapon in your weight loss arsenal? Do you have a go-to exercise that you love? An app you swear by? A daily affirmation that keeps your mind right?

Spill! What's been one of the keys to your success?

Slashnl
07-09-2014, 02:51 PM
So, I'm not out of the 250's yet....

I'll answer your question, I think MyFitnessPal has been great for tracking calories. It keeps me in line!
For exercise, I love my spin bike classes. I feel like I get the biggest calorie burn from those. But also my body pump classes for the weights. I am seeing muscle tone where there hasn't been anything but squishy for forever.

And last, my two favorite motivational sayings:

---- Motivation only gets you as far as the start, Dedication is what takes you to your goal.

---- Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.

susiemartin
07-09-2014, 04:21 PM
What's working for me is a daily walk; writing all my food down & tracking it with My Fitness Pal.
I'm keeping focused on a mini goal everyday.
The mini goal is I'd like to see 199 on New Year's Eve - however I don't think that's quite realistic given my age.
But who knows? I suppose anything can happen :cool:
I weigh around 263 now and a few extra 3 pound losses a week might get me there :)

HeeHawHoney
07-13-2014, 10:26 PM
I hit 254 this morning! I would've been here sooner if I hadn't taken that Atkins detour and gained 4 lbs. Got me a new mini-goal for next week too that seems doable. I want to seriously work on my goal of walking on my treadmill every night, or at least 5 nights out of 7 in the week. Some nights, I'll get on there and pound out 30 minutes in no time, but then other nights, it just seems to be all I can do to walk from the sofa to the bedroom. I've been letting myself get away with it, so I am going to promise myself 10 minutes, just 10, every single weeknight.

susiemartin
07-14-2014, 07:04 PM
I hit 254 this morning! I would've been here sooner if I hadn't taken that Atkins detour and gained 4 lbs

Fantastic! Did you gain on Atkins? I ditched Atkins because Induction gave me heart palpitations and I didn't really lose all that well.

HeeHawHoney
07-14-2014, 09:10 PM
Yes, susiemartin, I did gain on Atkins. 4 LBS! I was even watching the calories and keeping it between 1000 and 1100, and keeping the carbs at 20 net carbs. My blood sugar went crazy too. I thought that keeping the carbs down would keep my blood sugar down, but I had numbers all over the place. Sometimes too low, but mostly too high. So, now that I'm back to 800 calories a day, my sugar stays in the normal range with the minimum medication.

KTG1981
07-15-2014, 11:23 AM
Nice work, Honey! And 800 cals--whew, that takes dedication!

Oh, and if it seems like it took me a long time to post today, I was distracted by updating my profile.

:tosses hair casually:

266.7!

I got my 20 lbs!

:D :D :D

I'm at my parents' house this week, and then vacation next week, and I always lose during that. Maybe I can whoosh and get down to 261/260 while I'm here.

HeeHawHoney
07-16-2014, 02:07 AM
Thanks, KTG. Good luck on your diet at your parent's and enjoy the time you're there.

susiemartin
07-18-2014, 08:27 AM
260.0 this morning :carrot: 250's here I come!

Lala2therescue
07-18-2014, 04:00 PM
I found a club for me! Just hit 265 today and 30lbs loss today! I think I will celebrate with a hike.

HeeHawHoney
07-18-2014, 05:19 PM
Hi, Lala2the rescue!

I think I may be in this club for a while. I'm stuck at 254. :(
I made myself a mini goal to lose 5 lbs this week, but no dice. I haven't lost an ounce. Of course, I haven't gained one either, so I should be thankful.

susiemartin
07-20-2014, 08:54 AM
Goodbye 260's. Scale says 259.7 :carrot:

HeeHawHoney
07-20-2014, 11:43 AM
WTG, Susie!

Rashomon
07-20-2014, 12:57 PM
FINALLY made it into the 260s! Hopefully getting into the 250s won't be as long and arduous.

HeeHawHoney
07-20-2014, 01:30 PM
Congrats, Rashomon! Nice to have you here!

Chelainabear
07-31-2014, 03:47 AM
Finally found the group I need :)

Started in this range, 266, and I'm still in it at 263. But I'm close to the 250's and I think I can get there by next weekend. I'm going to a concert, and it'd be good to meet that goal before I go!

ataraxia3
08-12-2014, 03:16 PM
Made it back down to the 260s again thank god, working my way down one day at a time..

Nagazim
08-26-2014, 06:09 PM
Here I am again, baby Z is now 2 months old so it's time for mama to get her butt into gear and lose this weight :) We've went back to our Paleo ways today and I'm hoping to feel the improvement in a few days. I feel yuck right now! I left the hospital at 253 lbs and I still weigh 253 so that's a win in itself for me :)

MissLoud
08-30-2014, 05:19 AM
Hi everyone, just slinking back on to this site for the first time in a few years... 4 I think!!! and 2 babies.

Just on my first week so no weigh in yet, I'm at 266 pounds and have been around that since before baby no.1 but this mumma needs to loose her bubble butt!

MissLoud
08-31-2014, 05:12 PM
Hello again!
I suppose everone is waiting for their weigh in day, southern hemisphere gets to go first!
First week so a big number, 1.6kg/3.5lb. Really pleased :cb: I've also made the commitment to do 20mins of meaningful exercise everyday of september, so not just my normal walk to kindy, supermarket etc its got to be the rower/ boxing/pilates etc. I'm very much a big ideas no follow through kind of girl so I'm commiting to one month so it doesn't scare me!

Good luck on the scales this week! :dizzy:

twish
09-01-2014, 05:54 PM
Today, I am 270.6, but am hoping to make it into the 260s tomorrow. I am doing the Optifast program, on 800 calories a day. Moderate exercise only, due to calorie restrictions.

I have set myself the very ambitious goal of losing 20lbs in the month of September. Since I am not eating, I want to make the most of this weight loss opportunity and get as close to Onederland as I can by before we start 2015.

Looking forward to getting to know you all!

MissLoud
09-01-2014, 10:14 PM
Wow 800 calories!! I couldn't do that I'd be a right mess, I always admire people with the willpower to go that low over a large space of time! Good luck!!

twish
09-01-2014, 10:27 PM
Thanks! I guess I am lucky. I did the program almost 10 years ago and was on the shakes for 5 months. The results were great, so that is motivating me this time. After the first week, it's easier because the body adjusts, there's no hunger. That doesn't mean it isn't hard. LOL

MissLoud
09-02-2014, 05:21 AM
That would be quite refreshing! I feel like my whole day is about food sometimes, I have 2 small kids so there is always lunch, snacks and dinner to think about it seems. Drives me crazy I wish my husband would cook sometimes

Nagazim
09-02-2014, 03:15 PM
Hello again :) Our Paleo restart got postponed for a week due to needing to empty our cabinets a bit before the cost of new foods. Oh well. We've been chugging along for 2 days and so far I'm not having any ill effects. :) I'm happy.

alsten02
09-02-2014, 09:38 PM
heya, joining this group now :) 569.8 this morning, yay ~

MissLoud
09-03-2014, 05:31 PM
Hi alsten02 - not sure where everyone is I'm new here too!

Little worried, I'm off on a long weekend with my family to a resort town - not condusive to dieting at all. Will take my calorie book and try my hardest! Weigh in monday fingers crossed

Jb1975
09-04-2014, 08:35 AM
I am stuck yo-yoing between 268 and 266! Eating on plan and exercising and it still won't come off! So frustrated! I need to take measurements so I can see if those are moving (I didn't do pictures or measurements when I started). I just feel like pulling my hair out!
I AM SO READY TO SEE 25ANYTHING!!!!

alsten02
09-04-2014, 10:42 AM
269* oop LOL didn't notice the typo

miss loud - if you keep portions in moderation you dont have to avoid anything on your trip :) you can do it!

alsten02
09-04-2014, 10:46 AM
I am stuck yo-yoing between 268 and 266! Eating on plan and exercising and it still won't come off! So frustrated! I need to take measurements so I can see if those are moving (I didn't do pictures or measurements when I started). I just feel like pulling my hair out!
I AM SO READY TO SEE 25ANYTHING!!!!

do you have bloating issues at all ? every other day im like up to 2 lbs lol which I "Know" is impossible to be fat , but I do have cramps/bloating often in the mornings , grr.. but its nice to know my clothes do feel lil looser, most important thing right ;)

twish
09-04-2014, 06:57 PM
Looks like there are lots of new people (I'm new too).

Wishing everyone good luck in flying through the 260s!

Jb1975
09-05-2014, 01:19 PM
do you have bloating issues at all ? every other day im like up to 2 lbs lol which I "Know" is impossible to be fat , but I do have cramps/bloating often in the mornings , grr.. but its nice to know my clothes do feel lil looser, most important thing right ;)

I'm back down to 266.4 this morning so maybe some of it is bloating but it would be nice if I could move down some. Say, yo yo between 264 and 266. LOL!

vsmith85
09-05-2014, 04:09 PM
Hello all. I'm new here. Nice to meet everyone

Candidcamster
09-05-2014, 08:34 PM
Hi everyone, trying to get out of the 260's by the end of the month, I was very close but between getting sick and some bad days of eating my weight has crawled back up to 267.

Jb1975
09-06-2014, 09:41 AM
Welcome VSmith!
Thinking I am going to have to go get new scales. Mine have about had it! I hate that because that means that I won't be able to know exactly how much I've lost. I started my weight loss on these scales and now I will have to transition in order to know how much I have lost! Oh well, the losing the weight is the important thing, right? I keep trying to tell myself that how my clothes are fitting is more important anyway but I still want to see the number come down.
We are having my 8 year old's birthday party today and then a cook out afterwards (a belated Memorial Day get together) so I am going to have to stick to my guns and stay OP!

vsmith85
09-06-2014, 11:47 AM
I have a big issue with scales. I weigh wayyyyy too frequently. At first it was nice because I'd see a drop of at least 2 ounces every day, and that kept me motivated, but then things changed and I'd see different numbers. So I started out in a size 22 (since starting back up again, I was originally in a 26 at the very start) So I went and bought a pair of 20, 18,16,and 14 size pants. So I'm in the 20's now and I put the size 18's on each week to see how close they are to fitting and every week they're a little closer. I need to lose 1 more inch in order for them to button right. I think that's a better indicator for me.

MissLoud
09-07-2014, 05:39 PM
Oh dear, totally fell off the wagon over the weekend. A combination of TOM and going away for a holiday weekend turned into a 100g gain and a cheese coma - mad at myself. Onwards and upwards I guess.

Yes vsmith85 weighing yourself too often can be lethal! I try and stick to once a week. But I like your idea of buy different sized pants. The sucky thing for me is even when I was 18 and below the goal weight I have now I was still a size 16 - I have booootay!

Having a tooth drilled today so will have no problem with diet today!

vsmith85
09-07-2014, 11:32 PM
I wish I had a booty, I'm completely flat back there. lol So I can't even blame any of my weight on that. I was looking at the size 16 pants I have, and I actually think I'd be perfectly happy if I only got down to wearing those. They seem so tiny compared to what I'm wearing and the smallest adult size I've ever worn is an 18/20. Tho I'm sure once I reach a 16 I won't think it's good enough. lol

MissLoud
09-08-2014, 04:41 PM
I am most definitely pear shaped!! Yes all I would like to be is comfortable in my skin, and to be able to chuck on a pair of jeans and a t shirt, I certainly am not planing to be super skinny - hence my goal weight.

alsten02
09-09-2014, 10:05 AM
down to 264.3 since I last posted.. was 269. something .. :)

vsmith85
09-09-2014, 10:50 AM
wtg alsten02!