Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2013, 05:58 AM   #1  

Arrow IP Daily Thread Wednesday 11/6/2013

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

NOTE: Attached files in stickies (and elsewhere) have been nonfunctional for the past few weeks. Admin are a aware of the problem & it has been reported to tech support.
Links to Googledocs have been added for protocol sheets until technical issues are resolved

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 11-06-2013, 07:16 AM   #2  
Started IP August 14 2013

S/C/G: 216.5/153/155

Height: 5'7"

Good morning IPers: I have a cold/sinus meds question.

This is TOM week so I'm feeling a little off but no problem staying 100%. I think I'm also on the edge of one of those season change colds.

In the past, I'd pop a sudafed for a couple of days and could normally keep a head cold from settling in. But I know it can be tough on blood pressure.

Any reason not to take certain cold meds -pills, not liquid- on IP?

Thanks in advance for any advice from the veterans. (asking my coach too via email)

IP POWER!
Old 11-06-2013, 07:26 AM   #3  
Renee~ Started IP Aug. 25

S/C/G: 186/136.4/125

Height: 5'4"

Vachinyc, please share what you find out. I am home again with this cold. It is kicking my butt! I, too, am sticking with pills due to the sugars in liquid cold meds. Since I am doing this on my own, I do not have a coach to ask. I did read some of the posts here on the forums, but most of those focused on liquid meds. I also had hubby get me sugar free cough drops. Trying to limit the use of those, as they have aspartame-ugh!

I sure hope you feel better soon (in fact, both of us)!

As a result of this cold, my appetite is virtually non-existent. Are you experiencing that? I had to force down my lunch and dinner yesterday. It is even worse when you can't taste!

Otherwise, still going strong and trying to remain OP today. Any pointers for fighting through this cold will be appreciated. Thinking it is moving from my head to my chest. Yuck! Might have to stay home tomorrow.

Renee
Old 11-06-2013, 07:29 AM   #4  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vachinyc View Post
Good morning IPers: I have a cold/sinus meds question.

This is TOM week so I'm feeling a little off but no problem staying 100%. I think I'm also on the edge of one of those season change colds.

In the past, I'd pop a sudafed for a couple of days and could normally keep a head cold from settling in. But I know it can be tough on blood pressure.

Any reason not to take certain cold meds -pills, not liquid- on IP?

Thanks in advance for any advice from the veterans. (asking my coach too via email)

IP POWER!
I've taken the over the counter generic allervert for my allergies with no problems, but I don't have any blood pressure issues or other issues that would make it a no-no.

I love the purple IP POWER - always makes me smile.
Old 11-06-2013, 08:28 AM   #5  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Good morning, IPeeps!! Halfway to the weekend!!
Old 11-06-2013, 08:48 AM   #6  
Started IP Aug 19, 2013

S/C/G: 218/187.5/144

Height: 5'5

Good Morning! A quick check in to keep me honest, then off to work! Got through Day 2 of my 'restart' with no problem! Anxious to get back into ketosis after my 1 week set back and start the downward trend again! Once I got day 1 under my belt, the routine has come back to me and almost feels like I never went off. Unfortunately the scale would tell a different tale.......but that's in the past! Onward and downward!
Old 11-06-2013, 08:51 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 168/138/130

Height: 5' 2"

Default Discouraged

I am usually upbeat...But I am not feeling the love of IP. Losses are so slow for me. I joined the 20 by Christmas, and only have 18 left to go! So Why am I feeling so unmotivated?

I need a boost. Any suggestions?

Love all of you guys!!!
Old 11-06-2013, 08:56 AM   #8  
Started IP Aug 19, 2013

S/C/G: 218/187.5/144

Height: 5'5

I posted this awhile back about medication that can be taken for a cold.

My coach just posted this today......

Halls Sugar Free Menthol Cough Suppressant Drops are good (no aspartame) or Tussin Sugar Free Cough Syrup at CVS or Walgreens.
Old 11-06-2013, 09:02 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 233/signature/150

Day 39 here---Good morning everyone I am going strong but very nervous about leaving for vacation. I will be leaving very early on Friday headed to the smoky mountains for a week. I have decided to stay on plan while I am there, my husband is a huge support system he said that he researched and found several places we could dine out at. I am praying for will power and strength to help me make it an enjoyable trip that doesn't center around what I can't have.
Old 11-06-2013, 09:12 AM   #10  
Renee~ Started IP Aug. 25

S/C/G: 186/136.4/125

Quote:
Originally Posted by slownsteady View Post
I posted this awhile back about medication that can be taken for a cold.

My coach just posted this today......

Halls Sugar Free Menthol Cough Suppressant Drops are good (no aspartame) or Tussin Sugar Free Cough Syrup at CVS or Walgreens.
Hi there!

I have the Halls Menthol drops, but mine do have aspartame.
Old 11-06-2013, 09:42 AM   #11  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delgen View Post
I am usually upbeat...But I am not feeling the love of IP. Losses are so slow for me. I joined the 20 by Christmas, and only have 18 left to go! So Why am I feeling so unmotivated?

Love all of you guys!!!
Cindy - your pics are awesome, you look so happy!

I know what you mean about unmotivated, I feel like that some days. What works for me sometimes is to change things up a little - try a new recipe, eat dinner for lunch, etc.

That said, I think there are just some days I am just tired of everything. Gloomy weather seems to do it for me so I get on the treadmill or take a walk or clean the house - anything that gives me an immediate sense of having accomplishment.

Hang in there!
Old 11-06-2013, 09:49 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 252/227.6/170

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delgen View Post

Love all of you guys!!!
I think I was feeling the same thing yesterday. Was a bit disappointed with my WI. Yes, I lost weight, but it wasn't what I thought I deserved. Silly, I know. So today, I'm starting fresh! New attitude to go with the new me. The way I look at it, I've lost a 1 year old (in a month)! 18 pounds isn't too shabby. I just need to keep reminding myself how I felt a month ago compared to how I feel (physically) now. I think the gray, damp weather really has an effect on me. It happens every year. It's just that this year, I'm also losing weight which is hard work. I think I'll get through my morning routine (errands, gym, cleaning, etc) then sit down and watch a good, old school style comedy movie. Something to cheer me up and take my mind off of the "real world". If only for a few hours, it might help!
Old 11-06-2013, 09:52 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 233/233/130

Good Morning

It is a cool snowy morning here. We got abt 2.5" of snow enough to cover the grass It is only 27 right now . Next week turn cold which is what I hoped for, I an use our garage as a cooler to store pre-made dinner sides!

Have a great day everyone
Old 11-06-2013, 09:55 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 252/227.6/170

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahBell View Post
Good Morning

It is a cool snowy morning here. We got abt 2.5" of snow enough to cover the grass It is only 27 right now . Next week turn cold which is what I hoped for, I an use our garage as a cooler to store pre-made dinner sides!

Have a great day everyone
Enjoy your winter wonderland while it lasts. My son texted me last night to let me know it was snowing there. His girlfriend ran out in it she was so excited. Mind you, she's from Southern California so it's still a novelty for her. But it did make them both really happy!
Old 11-06-2013, 09:56 AM   #15  
restart 5/27/14

S/C/G: 197.4/161.6/150

Height: 5'5"

I have a question. I am new and just figuring all of 6this info nout (there's so much). anyway here goes. Here is my basic sample menu.
B protein drink with coffee
L 2 cups veggies plus lettuce
s protein drink
D 8 oz. meat 2 cups veggies lettuce
S protein drink
of course tons of water

I am using all alternatives. Reading all of the post it seems as though most people have IP snacks like bars or puffs or whatever. The snacks that I've seen on nashua have many more carbs than just the protein drinks I'm currently using. My losses so far have been about 2 or 21/2 a week. If I were to eat more carbs like others seem to be will my losses be even less. The protocol sheets that I downloaded say one of the unrestricted snacks a day. I'm just looking for advice. Am I getting too few carbs? Will I have too much if I purchase foods from nashua? Help...
Closed Thread