Ideal Protein Diet - IP Daily Thread Wednesday 11/6/2013

lisa32989
11-06-2013, 05:58 AM
:welcome2:
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/243142-have-question-about-ip-read-here-first-before-posting-question.html): Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
(http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-exercise-other-important-threads.html)and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/4701599-post49.html)

NOTE: Attached files in stickies (and elsewhere) have been nonfunctional for the past few weeks. Admin are a aware of the problem & it has been reported to tech support. Links to Googledocs have been added for protocol sheets until technical issues are resolved

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/221536-real-cost-cheating-ideal-protein.html)

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/261885-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow.html)
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/268669-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow-volumn-2-a.html)
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/212175-fun-ideal-protein-packets.html)
Fun with Veggie Purees! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/264231-fun-veggie-purees.html)
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/273856-ideal-protein-diet-recipes-4-a.html)
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/270950-ideal-protein-tips-recipes-incredible-weight-loss-center.html)

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html) for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/3427715-post155.html) Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/).

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19)

vachinyc
11-06-2013, 07:16 AM
Good morning IPers: I have a cold/sinus meds question.

This is TOM week so I'm feeling a little off but no problem staying 100%. I think I'm also on the edge of one of those season change colds.

In the past, I'd pop a sudafed for a couple of days and could normally keep a head cold from settling in. But I know it can be tough on blood pressure.

Any reason not to take certain cold meds -pills, not liquid- on IP?

Thanks in advance for any advice from the veterans. (asking my coach too via email)

IP POWER!

ReenHag
11-06-2013, 07:26 AM
Vachinyc, please share what you find out. I am home again with this cold. It is kicking my butt! I, too, am sticking with pills due to the sugars in liquid cold meds. Since I am doing this on my own, I do not have a coach to ask. I did read some of the posts here on the forums, but most of those focused on liquid meds. I also had hubby get me sugar free cough drops. Trying to limit the use of those, as they have aspartame-ugh!

I sure hope you feel better soon (in fact, both of us)!

As a result of this cold, my appetite is virtually non-existent. Are you experiencing that? I had to force down my lunch and dinner yesterday. It is even worse when you can't taste!

Otherwise, still going strong and trying to remain OP today. Any pointers for fighting through this cold will be appreciated. Thinking it is moving from my head to my chest. Yuck! Might have to stay home tomorrow.

Renee

Ruth Ann
11-06-2013, 07:29 AM
Good morning IPers: I have a cold/sinus meds question.

This is TOM week so I'm feeling a little off but no problem staying 100%. I think I'm also on the edge of one of those season change colds.

In the past, I'd pop a sudafed for a couple of days and could normally keep a head cold from settling in. But I know it can be tough on blood pressure.

Any reason not to take certain cold meds -pills, not liquid- on IP?

Thanks in advance for any advice from the veterans. (asking my coach too via email)

IP POWER!

I've taken the over the counter generic allervert for my allergies with no problems, but I don't have any blood pressure issues or other issues that would make it a no-no.

I love the purple IP POWER - always makes me smile.

shrinkingsusie
11-06-2013, 08:28 AM
Good morning, IPeeps!! Halfway to the weekend!!

slownsteady
11-06-2013, 08:48 AM
Good Morning! A quick check in to keep me honest, then off to work! Got through Day 2 of my 'restart' with no problem! Anxious to get back into ketosis after my 1 week set back and start the downward trend again! Once I got day 1 under my belt, the routine has come back to me and almost feels like I never went off. Unfortunately the scale would tell a different tale.......but that's in the past! Onward and downward!

Delgen
11-06-2013, 08:51 AM
I am usually upbeat...But I am not feeling the love of IP. Losses are so slow for me. I joined the 20 by Christmas, and only have 18 left to go! So Why am I feeling so unmotivated?

I need a boost. Any suggestions?

Love all of you guys!!!:hug::hug::hug:

slownsteady
11-06-2013, 08:56 AM
I posted this awhile back about medication that can be taken for a cold.

My coach just posted this today......

Halls Sugar Free Menthol Cough Suppressant Drops are good (no aspartame) or Tussin Sugar Free Cough Syrup at CVS or Walgreens.

Misstiff
11-06-2013, 09:02 AM
Day 39 here---Good morning everyone I am going strong but very nervous about leaving for vacation. I will be leaving very early on Friday headed to the smoky mountains for a week. I have decided to stay on plan while I am there, my husband is a huge support system he said that he researched and found several places we could dine out at. I am praying for will power and strength to help me make it an enjoyable trip that doesn't center around what I can't have.

ReenHag
11-06-2013, 09:12 AM

Halls Sugar Free Menthol Cough Suppressant Drops are good (no aspartame) or Tussin Sugar Free Cough Syrup at CVS or Walgreens.

Hi there!

I have the Halls Menthol drops, but mine do have aspartame.

Ruth Ann
11-06-2013, 09:42 AM
I am usually upbeat...But I am not feeling the love of IP. Losses are so slow for me. I joined the 20 by Christmas, and only have 18 left to go! So Why am I feeling so unmotivated?

Cindy - your pics are awesome, you look so happy!

I know what you mean about unmotivated, I feel like that some days. What works for me sometimes is to change things up a little - try a new recipe, eat dinner for lunch, etc.

That said, I think there are just some days I am just tired of everything. Gloomy weather seems to do it for me so I get on the treadmill or take a walk or clean the house - anything that gives me an immediate sense of having accomplishment.

Hang in there!

emsmom97
11-06-2013, 09:49 AM

I think I was feeling the same thing yesterday. Was a bit disappointed with my WI. Yes, I lost weight, but it wasn't what I thought I deserved. Silly, I know. So today, I'm starting fresh! New attitude to go with the new me. The way I look at it, I've lost a 1 year old (in a month)! 18 pounds isn't too shabby. I just need to keep reminding myself how I felt a month ago compared to how I feel (physically) now. I think the gray, damp weather really has an effect on me. It happens every year. It's just that this year, I'm also losing weight which is hard work. I think I'll get through my morning routine (errands, gym, cleaning, etc) then sit down and watch a good, old school style comedy movie. Something to cheer me up and take my mind off of the "real world". If only for a few hours, it might help!

sarahBell
11-06-2013, 09:52 AM
Good Morning :)

It is a cool snowy morning here. We got abt 2.5" of snow enough to cover the grass :) It is only 27 right now . Next week turn cold which is what I hoped for, I an use our garage as a cooler to store pre-made dinner sides!

Have a great day everyone

emsmom97
11-06-2013, 09:55 AM
Good Morning :)

It is a cool snowy morning here. We got abt 2.5" of snow enough to cover the grass :) It is only 27 right now . Next week turn cold which is what I hoped for, I an use our garage as a cooler to store pre-made dinner sides!

Have a great day everyone

Enjoy your winter wonderland while it lasts. My son texted me last night to let me know it was snowing there. His girlfriend ran out in it she was so excited. Mind you, she's from Southern California so it's still a novelty for her. But it did make them both really happy! :shocksn:

jemma51
11-06-2013, 09:56 AM
I have a question. I am new and just figuring all of 6this info nout (there's so much). anyway here goes. Here is my basic sample menu.
B protein drink with coffee
L 2 cups veggies plus lettuce
s protein drink
D 8 oz. meat 2 cups veggies lettuce
S protein drink
of course tons of water

I am using all alternatives. Reading all of the post it seems as though most people have IP snacks like bars or puffs or whatever. The snacks that I've seen on nashua have many more carbs than just the protein drinks I'm currently using. My losses so far have been about 2 or 21/2 a week. If I were to eat more carbs like others seem to be will my losses be even less. The protocol sheets that I downloaded say one of the unrestricted snacks a day. I'm just looking for advice. Am I getting too few carbs? Will I have too much if I purchase foods from nashua? Help...

vachinyc
11-06-2013, 10:07 AM
Vachinyc, please share what you find out. I am home again with this cold. ...I did read some of the posts here on the forums, but most of those focused on liquid meds. I also had hubby get me sugar free cough drops. Trying to limit the use of those, as they have aspartame-ugh!

I sure hope you feel better soon (in fact, both of us)!

I've taken the over the counter generic allervert for my allergies with no problems, but I don't have any blood pressure issues or other issues that would make it a no-no.

Thanks all. My cold is not bad yet at all. It's just thinking about starting I think and I'd like to nip it in the bud before it gets to the full blown state.

My coach said the only restriction from an IP standpoint is the liquids/syrups and coughdrops -- as you all stated, because of the sugar/sweetener of choice.

They suggest non-liquids when possible, then the sugar free with no aspartame choices. She also mentioned that I could use a nasal wash (neti pot) to try to get the allergy/sinus away with no meds. (They tend to be a less meds type of place)

Hopefully I can kick this to the curb and won't need meds.

Thanks all.

vachinyc
11-06-2013, 10:10 AM

Thanks - I like to do it too, it's a nice reminder that we all have the power :)
Hope you are feeling better.

ReenHag
11-06-2013, 10:15 AM
Thanks all. My cold is not bad yet at all. It's just thinking about starting I think and I'd like to nip it in the bud before it gets to the full blown state.

They suggest non-liquids when possible, then the sugar free with no aspartame choices. She also mentioned that I could use a nasal wash (neti pot) to try to get the allergy/sinus away with no meds. (They tend to be a less meds type of place)

Hopefully I can kick this to the curb and won't need meds.

Thanks all.

I sure hope you can, too. Mine just erupted yesterday afternoon. Ugh. The neti pot does help, too, but it is only temporary. (Just used mine an hour ago and feel like I could do it again...)

Best of luck fighting it!

sarahBell
11-06-2013, 10:18 AM
Enjoy your winter wonderland while it lasts. My son texted me last night to let me know it was snowing there. His girlfriend ran out in it she was so excited. Mind you, she's from Southern California so it's still a novelty for her. But it did make them both really happy! :shocksn:

Aww bless her snow is a novelty heart :)

The snow is so pretty and almost magical from now until about new years! Then after that it gets UGLY! All you see are small mountain ranges popping up in parking lots across this part of the country from all the snow and ice!!! Some are so dense with ice they do not melt until the end of april early may!!! It gets dirty and black then the magical scene turns into blah and yuck!

If this is her first winter here she could be in for a shock come mid jan. the temps an get to -25-30 outside with the wind it can feel like -40 or colder. that an last 1-2 weeks. it an be extreme up here. Schools close and everyone is happy :)

nolasmurf
11-06-2013, 10:24 AM

The snow is so pretty and almost magical from now until about new years! Then after that it gets UGLY! All you see are small mountain ranges popping up in parking lots across this part of the country from all the snow and ice!!! Some are so dense with ice they do not melt until the end of april early may!!! It gets dirty and black then the magical scene turns into blah and yuck!

If this is her first winter here she could be in for a shock come mid jan. the temps an get to -25-30 outside with the wind it can feel like -40 or colder. that an last 1-2 weeks. it an be extreme up here. Schools close and everyone is happy :)

hahahaaha Sarahbell, you got it girlfriend! thats the inner southern girl sarcasm! :)

emsmom97
11-06-2013, 10:32 AM

The good news is she visited the U last January when it was extremely cold. And she still chose to go there. Guess she knows what she is in for. But I did knit her a nice warm scarf so she can attempt to stay somewhat warm.

I remember those days....lovely white, clean snow. Then come January, black, ugly, heavy wet slush. And it never seems to go away. Parking lots with mounds of the dirty stuff. Wish it just stayed clean and pretty! If it's gonna snow, let it be pretty at least.

sarahBell
11-06-2013, 10:36 AM
hahahaaha Sarahbell, you got it girlfriend! thats the inner southern girl sarcasm! :)

:turkey::thanks2::shocksn:

No seriously the beauty goes away when you drive past wally world with it's black and grey snow mountain range full of garbage you get the real EWWWW factor LOL.

But the wind chills are real. a few winters ago it the wind chills down in my part of the state hi -48F that is dang cold and no one had school!!! You get frost bite with in minutes

emsmom97
11-06-2013, 10:38 AM
Thought for the day...

The holidays are coming...remember to set your scale back 10 pounds! (Don't you think that would make us all happier???) :D

yespositively
11-06-2013, 10:39 AM
Good morning!

For once I am happy that work is busy today. It's day two of IP for me, and I am so glad I found these forums to tell me that the first few days are the hardest. I have the worst headache-- eyes feel like they weigh 10lbs each and it's hindering my vision. Not great since I look at spreadsheets all day. :(

My coach gave me 28 foods in a sample pack for the first week-- it's interesting to try different things but my oh my some of them are just not for me! Trying to be upbeat though and focus on the positive things.

Anyone else new out there? Are you hanging in there?

exesparz
11-06-2013, 10:45 AM
Hi everyone. I'm on my third week of IP and I also feel a cold coming on. I am glad I found this forum to get advice. So much helpful information.

Run4three
11-06-2013, 11:00 AM
Good Morning IP team. Crisp, beautiful, sunny day here hoping that my mood will match.

Here's to a great OP day everyone!

sarita75
11-06-2013, 11:23 AM
Good morning IPers: I have a cold/sinus meds question. I had a cold about 8 weeks into IP and my coach recommended gargling salt water for a sore throat, tons and tons of water. I got really bad and she said I could do a dayquil tablet, which I ended up doing.

I am usually upbeat...But I am not feeling the love of IP. Losses are so slow for me.

I hear you on this Delgen. I have been struggling the last few weeks with increased cravings and slower losses. I am at the end, I should expect to come "crashing in" to the finish line, but (wo)man, it has been hard.

Thought for the day...The holidays are coming...remember to set your scale back 10 pounds! (Don't you think that would make us all happier???) :D I like it. :)

Help/Advice Needed
So, as I mentioned above, I am struggling. I have had a day or two where I have struggled, but this has been about 2 weeks. I am not sure what is going on. I have tons of cravings and am hungry a lot of the time. I am going to WI this morning and will chat through some of these things with my coach, but I am really at a loss. Some of the recent changes include:
- using more alternative products
- increased exercise (cycling to work/around 2-3x week, each time about 60 minutes)
I really want to be more active and get back into running. But I suspect running is not so easy in P1/P2 (I have done a little bit of P2 through P1 for a while based upon my hunger levels/activity/stress, with my coach's blessing). Any thoughts on this?

Thank you all for your help. Hugs all around.

itzroxy814
11-06-2013, 11:31 AM
Good morning! I am on day 8 of IP and 8 pounds down! :carrot:

My first weigh in is tomorrow (Yeah, on day 9. Scheduling issues!) I am suffering these last 2 days though because there are some items left in my "beginner" bag that I WILL NOT EAT. I'm choking down some lemon pudding right now :rolleyes:

I desperately need new food! lol I really don't want to eat the packets I have left today and tomorrow (leek soup, tomato soup, omelette). Ugh, it's going to be a bad last day before I get more food!

Also curious -- Which items have "combo" boxes? I think I heard someone mention that, thanks!

sarita75
11-06-2013, 11:56 AM
Good morning! I am on day 8 of IP and 8 pounds down! :carrot: Congrats! I haven't heard of combo boxes. :)

itzroxy814
11-06-2013, 11:58 AM
Congrats! I haven't heard of combo boxes. :)

no?? Ugh! Maybe I was hearing things! lol I have enough $ to buy 3 boxes tomorrow but that means I will buy 3 items that I have to eat every - single - day until my next weigh in.... :(

I'm sure this is what everyone goes through at the beginning though?

Hockeymom40
11-06-2013, 12:08 PM
Good Morning! I'm back after losing 56 lb last year. In the last 6 months or so I have moved across the country and have taken 2 vacations and 2 minis ones too. So it's time to get back on track and lose the 20 lbs I put on. I made an appointment at my local clinic and after I got there found out they are phasing out Ideal Protein and going with HealthWise. I have never heard of this and was concerned since I really liked the Ideal Protein food. She assured me it taste as good. When she showed me the Chili packet it looked just like one I had order from Nausha Nutrition. When I got home I checked the products are they are the same as HealthSmart. Probably just made by the same company. Because the HealthWise are lower in calories I need to have 4 packets a day. It's still cheaper than IP. She never said why they were switching but I'm sure cost is a factor.
I expect to have the same success.

bimnd113
11-06-2013, 12:25 PM
Help/Advice Needed
So, as I mentioned above, I am struggling. I have had a day or two where I have struggled, but this has been about 2 weeks. I am not sure what is going on. I have tons of cravings and am hungry a lot of the time. I am going to WI this morning and will chat through some of these things with my coach, but I am really at a loss. Some of the recent changes include:
- increased exercise (cycling to work/around 2-3x week, each time about 60 minutes)
I really want to be more active and get back into running. But I suspect running is not so easy in P1/P2 (I have done a little bit of P2 through P1 for a while based upon my hunger levels/activity/stress, with my coach's blessing). Any thoughts on this?

Although I am not as close to goal as you are (AWESOME, btw!), I have also recently increased my exercise. I have still been losing even though I have gone to 4 packets AND extra whole eggs on exercise days. I try to keep to the lower calorie packets but still eat a restricted:

Breakfast: RTD Chocolate Drink
W/O: weights 30 minutes, cardio 45-60, cardio is 70-90% HR
Immediately after w/o: 1 boiled egg, drink packet
Lunch (early): Spinach smoothie with pudding or wild berry with frozen rhubarb, and salad
1st snack: Boiled egg
2nd snack: restricted
Usually walk/jog for at least 45 minutes because I'm so antsy lately
Dinner: per IP, with salad

If I don't eat those eggs, I am starving. I do this 4-5x a week.

IP has helped me learn between cravings and hunger. If I don't want a boiled egg, it's a craving (almost always TOM, which lasts 1.5 weeks because my cycle has gotten stretched to 45 days on this diet).

I do use alternatives in addition to IP, mostly drinks but I do use the dry cereals when I'm bored or need something to chew.

EDIT: I do have my coach's blessing for this, I won't eat egg whites plain, she said to eat extra whole eggs or tuna.

yespositively
11-06-2013, 12:28 PM
no?? Ugh! Maybe I was hearing things! lol I have enough $ to buy 3 boxes tomorrow but that means I will buy 3 items that I have to eat every - single - day until my next weigh in.... :(

Ha! I'm in the same boat regarding that leek soup. Honestly I am not interested at all. I'm only on day 2 but I know I'll be down to some less desirable products by next Wednesday (couldn't schedule my weekly appt until Day 8).

I am thinking about buying 4-5 boxes next week depending on what I like this week. It's kind of a pain to have to spend that much all at once but I figure it's better than eating the same exact thing every day.

I ate four IP packs yesterday because I had a headache, so I'm really glad my coach included 28 different things to try. I am going to split up my protein today (I could not get 8oz down yesterday evening!) and try to stick with just 3 packets.

Glad to hear you are down 8lbs. I weighed myself this morning (always do while the shower heats up) but am only going to consider weekly weighins as official.

SeattleNP
11-06-2013, 12:34 PM
Day 1 of restart for me today but I won't have my official stats until I see my coach on Friday. I hope to avoid some of the GI issues I had last time by limiting the soy somewhat.

I'm committing to staying 100% OP until Thanksgiving even if I have issues. Then we'll see, hopefully I can hang in there to goal!

I like a lot of the IP foods but they don't all like me! Still this is by far the best plan ever for real results.

sarita75
11-06-2013, 12:37 PM
Although I am not as close to goal as you are (AWESOME, btw!), I have also recently increased my exercise. I have still been losing even though I have gone to 4 packets AND extra whole eggs on exercise days. I try to keep to the lower calorie packets but still eat a restricted:

Breakfast: RTD Chocolate Drink
W/O: weights 30 minutes, cardio 45-60, cardio is 70-90% HR
Immediately after w/o: 1 boiled egg, drink packet
Lunch (early): Spinach smoothie with pudding or wild berry with frozen rhubarb, and salad
1st snack: Boiled egg
2nd snack: restricted
Usually walk/jog for at least 45 minutes because I'm so antsy lately
Dinner: per IP, with salad

If I don't eat those eggs, I am starving. I do this 4-5x a week.

IP has helped me learn between cravings and hunger. If I don't want a boiled egg, it's a craving (almost always TOM, which lasts 1.5 weeks because my cycle has gotten stretched to 45 days on this diet).

I do use alternatives in addition to IP, mostly drinks but I do use the dry cereals when I'm bored or need something to chew.

EDIT: I do have my coach's blessing for this, I won't eat egg whites plain, she said to eat extra whole eggs or tuna.

Thank you so much. I seriously have been on the verge of tears for the last few days trying to figure out if I go to P3 and phase off in order to run or figure it out. Heading to my appointment in about an hour and going to discuss your strategy. Can I ask what your daily calories and weekly losses are like?

ems70508
11-06-2013, 12:53 PM

CONGRATS! Wow, your first 8 days flew by! I feel like you just started yesterday! Some clinics allow you to buy individual packets that add up to one box. That's clinic by clinic so yours may not allow it! I think that is what you're referring to?

SeattleNP
11-06-2013, 12:59 PM
Thank you so much. I seriously have been on the verge of tears for the last few days trying to figure out if I go to P3 and phase off in order to run or figure it out. Heading to my appointment in about an hour and going to discuss your strategy. Can I ask what your daily calories and weekly losses are like?

You are doing amazing! Happy to see you were able to hang in and so close to goal. Woohoo!

itzroxy814
11-06-2013, 01:11 PM
CONGRATS! Wow, your first 8 days flew by! I feel like you just started yesterday! Some clinics allow you to buy individual packets that add up to one box. That's clinic by clinic so yours may not allow it! I think that is what you're referring to?

OMG I know, I'm glad it went by fast!

I really hope my clinic is like that or else I'm not sure how I'll be able to handle eating the same thing for 7 days in a row... lol

sarahBell
11-06-2013, 01:15 PM

:hug::hug::hug: I am so sorry you feel like crying :(

How about a go-go-turkey dance line to make you smile

:turkey::turkey::turkey::turkey::turkey::turkey::t urkey::turkey:

and some :dust::dust: to cheer you up :^:

ecdcslim
11-06-2013, 01:17 PM
I have a question. I am new and just figuring all of 6this info nout (there's so much). anyway here goes. Here is my basic sample menu.
B protein drink with coffee
L 2 cups veggies plus lettuce
s protein drink
D 8 oz. meat 2 cups veggies lettuce
S protein drink
of course tons of water

I am using all alternatives. Reading all of the post it seems as though most people have IP snacks like bars or puffs or whatever. The snacks that I've seen on nashua have many more carbs than just the protein drinks I'm currently using. My losses so far have been about 2 or 21/2 a week. If I were to eat more carbs like others seem to be will my losses be even less. The protocol sheets that I downloaded say one of the unrestricted snacks a day. I'm just looking for advice. Am I getting too few carbs? Will I have too much if I purchase foods from nashua? Help...

Jemma, the restritcted IP foods are only 1 a day - so it's either 1 bar or one soy crisp, etc. With alternatives, I use the QUEST bars, and even tho their net carbs and total calories are less than the IP bars, I treat them as restricted so only 1 a day. I mix up when I eat them - sometimes I have the savory soy puffs with my salad (like croutons) as lunch and then have 2 cups of mixed cukes and celery as snacky food I can crunch inbetween protein meals. The term snack in IP vernacular just means eating a meal that's not labeled breakfast, lunch or dinner. It's not to say you can only eat a 'snack' type food at that time. Hope that helps. Lisa and my coach are really adamant that you eat all your packs a day and make sure your total calories are sufficient. I discovered, since I don't eat meat, that a lot of the times, 8 ozs are not enough calories - 8 ozs of chicken are about 300 calories whereas 8 ozs of cod are 200 so I usually have to augment with a whole egg or some shrimp. Calories are very important, you don't want to go into starvation mode. Hope this helps.:p

sarita75
11-06-2013, 02:04 PM
:hug::hug::hug: I am so sorry you feel like crying :(

How about a go-go-turkey dance line to make you smile

:turkey::turkey::turkey::turkey::turkey::turkey::t urkey::turkey:

and some :dust::dust: to cheer you up :^:

Hahahah! Thank you so much. It is precisely the reason 3FC is so amazing.

iwannabe140
11-06-2013, 02:05 PM
WI today, down 2.4lbs! Excited!! However, I have come to the realization that I can't afford to keep doing it OP. I am searching for alternatives, because I believe in this program and want to continue the success I am having. I ordered some items from Nashua and so I am hoping they are good. But the shipping is crazy expensive to Canada so I need to find another place hopefully here that I can get some product from.

IdealProteinNewbie
11-06-2013, 02:08 PM
Sarita: You have done amazing! I think it's a combination of being so close to goal and the extra cycling to work. Nothing wrong with experimenting with an extra egg or two per day. You have to make the program work for you. Keep it up!

sarahBell
11-06-2013, 02:11 PM
WI today, down 2.4lbs! Excited!! However, I have come to the realization that I can't afford to keep doing it OP. I am searching for alternatives, because I believe in this program and want to continue the success I am having. I ordered some items from Nashua and so I am hoping they are good. But the shipping is crazy expensive to Canada so I need to find another place hopefully here that I can get some product from.

Congrats on the loss of 2.4 lbs!! Check out the alternatives thread AND ebay for IP stuff too :broc:

JenJen444
11-06-2013, 02:18 PM
But the shipping is crazy expensive to Canada so I need to find another place hopefully here that I can get some product from.

I order from two Canadian companies: Lowcarbgrocery.com and Lowcarbcanada.ca. I use mostly IP products, but there is a decent selection of alternatives on these sites. Shipping is really reasonable and quite quick.

sarita75
11-06-2013, 02:18 PM
Thank you all. My coach echoes the same. I lost 1.5 which was a mix of muscle and fat. Will be starting P3 so I can get back into running and snowboarding this winter. I think I am petrified of phasing off. If I reflect honestly on my emotions, the next 1.5 months will be hard and I am scared of what happens after the structure of P1/P2. Deep breath. It will be fine.

sarahBell
11-06-2013, 02:26 PM
Thank you all. My coach echoes the same. I lost 1.5 which was a mix of muscle and fat. Will be starting P3 so I can get back into running and snowboarding this winter. I think I am petrified of phasing off. If I reflect honestly on my emotions, the next 1.5 months will be hard and I am scared of what happens after the structure of P1/P2. Deep breath. It will be fine.

Ok just :yoga::yoga: and try not to stress too much abt P3, it will come easy and you will finish with your goal and then you can relax a bit

GettinHealthyNow
11-06-2013, 02:27 PM
I order from two Canadian companies: Lowcarbgrocery.com and Lowcarbcanada.ca. I use mostly IP products, but there is a decent selection of alternatives on these sites. Shipping is really reasonable and quite quick.

Can you tell me which products you order from there? Are they equivalent to IP unrestricted? Like others I keep reading here - I love this program but with 40-50 pounds to go the cost is getting to be too much.

JenJen444
11-06-2013, 02:36 PM
Can you tell me which products you order from there? Are they equivalent to IP unrestricted? Like others I keep reading here - I love this program but with 40-50 pounds to go the cost is getting to be too much.

I hear you re: cost!

I tend to just order the EAS shakes and Quest bars.

But you should try asking for help on the Canada thread, too. Lots of Cdn alternative users on there, including a user named Evepet who has a blog on just this very topic. She's super helpful.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/287900-canada-thread-vol-2-a.html

GettinHealthyNow
11-06-2013, 02:37 PM
I hear you re: cost!

I tend to just order the EAS shakes and Quest bars.

But you should try asking for help on the Canada thread, too. Lots of Cdn alternative users on there, including a user named Evepet who has a blog on just this very topic. She's super helpful.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/287900-canada-thread-vol-2-a.html

Thanks - I'll do that! I'm scared to go off IP foods but really need to consider it as there's a long time still to go for me.

CrystalWolf
11-06-2013, 02:39 PM

You will do fabulous! Lots of people actually lose in P2 and P3. I lost a little during P3 and have continued to slowly lose in maintenance. I follow the P4 plan as far as separating fats and carbs but also watch my calories.

If you aren't already tracking your food that might be a good way to help feel like you are more in control. It makes me feel as if I still have structure beyond just separating fats and carbs. If you look in the Maintainer thread I think Ishbel posted that to maintain you should set your calories for your weight times 10 if you are sedentary and x11 if you are active.

Hugs!

sologirl
11-06-2013, 02:55 PM

My first weigh in is tomorrow (Yeah, on day 9. Scheduling issues!) I am suffering these last 2 days though because there are some items left in my "beginner" bag that I WILL NOT EAT. I'm choking down some lemon pudding right now :rolleyes:

I desperately need new food! lol I really don't want to eat the packets I have left today and tomorrow (leek soup, tomato soup, omelette). Ugh, it's going to be a bad last day before I get more food!

Also curious -- Which items have "combo" boxes? I think I heard someone mention that, thanks!

Lol i hear you about the leek and tomato soup! I am on day 6 and my bag is getting rather sad looking too....i weigh in on Friday at lunch so tomorrow i will have to eat my leftovers broccoli soup and another gross vanilla pudding :(. I guess I am lucky that my clinic lets me choose each packet separately. Im seriously considering bringing leftover chicken breast to eat on my salad at work tomorrow instead of the soup because if it tastes anything like the nasty leek soup.....:yikes:

vachinyc
11-06-2013, 03:00 PM

I haven't heard of the combo boxes. sounds interesting. maybe the clinic assembles themselves.

8 pounds in one week is awesome!:carrot:

You'll want to check out all the packet hacks on the threads. Life savers.
Lemon pudding for instance makes these tasty cake/muffin type things. feels like a treat.
Omelette you can add 2 egg whites to add some umph and also add veggies... peppers, mushrooms, spinach.
Leek soup i never had but I've doctored my chicken soup with celery, spinach, red peppers, and some chicken broth. Or you could puree the veggies and add to make the soup more creamy texture. pureed cauliflower seems to work well for most.

At work for lunch, when i can't "cook" I stick to the soups or chocolate drink mix. or a bar. (with my 2 cup veggie salad) Most breakfasts during the week are also a drink mix - easy to take on the run. Afternoon snack is a drink mix (pina colada, mango, wildberry yogurt) if i'm on the go or I make something like a treat from the recipes. (lemon pudding cakes, chocolate mug cake, etc)

Figure out what works for you but I think you'll find some things you like. Good luck!

emsmom97
11-06-2013, 03:03 PM
My clinic doesn't necessarily have "combo" boxes, but I can choose what I want. No need to purchase a full box of something so I'm stuck eating it all week. I kind of like that I can change things up. I don't change it much since I am Gluten Free (which means I'm limited) but I do get some variety.

sarahBell
11-06-2013, 03:17 PM
Ok yesterday I checked out the clearance shelf of my grocery store and I picked up 2 new kinds of tea for here at home.

One is a thai sweet coconut tea (red tea with spices ) and the other is an extra sleepy time tea . And all are 0/0/0 and all natural ingredients. I got them $2 a box :) I am making coconut tea now, it smells so flipping good. I am not into hot drinks too much but today I just crave it and the smell of the coconut will help curb my sweet tooth for a while.

They had more but I was crunched for time.

yespositively
11-06-2013, 03:57 PM
Ok yesterday I checked out the clearance shelf of my grocery store and I picked up 2 new kinds of tea for here at home.

One is a thai sweet coconut tea (red tea with spices ) and the other is an extra sleepy time tea . And all are 0/0/0 and all natural ingredients. I got them $2 a box :) I am making coconut tea now, it smells so flipping good. I am not into hot drinks too much but today I just crave it and the smell of the coconut will help curb my sweet tooth for a while.

They had more but I was crunched for time.

Great idea! I could use a tea that kind of tastes sweet. The evenings are my snacky time.

sarahBell
11-06-2013, 04:05 PM
Great idea! I could use a tea that kind of tastes sweet. The evenings are my snacky time.

Tell me about it!! The natural sweetness from the coconut is awesome!!! And the best part it's DECAF :broc:

I am going back to the store Friday to shop properly and I will see what else they have, they had so many on the shelf it was crazy!

nalaroo
11-06-2013, 04:14 PM
Going on vacation for 12 days starting Friday evening... this has been a planned "off plan" event for 6 months. I'm terrified I won't be able to commit to 100% OP when I get back. My husband keeps telling me it will be okay and I can do this!

vachinyc
11-06-2013, 04:19 PM

Thank you Sarita for being so honest about this. I have the same thoughts lurking in the back of my head and I'm not even at my goal. There's something so comfortable about the structure and routine of phase 1 that I find myself a bit anxious about what's to come. (Patience grasshopper)

I am sure you will tackle phase 3 and beyond with as much success as you you've had with phase 1 (and all that studying you did for your exams). We are here for you with encouragement and hugs!:grouphug: (and will look to you for guidance when we get there too)

lisa32989
11-06-2013, 04:29 PM
Help/Advice Needed

I was going to suggest moving to P3 since you are virtually at goal.
P3 is NOT scary. You will rock it!
Here is the P3 breakfast thread http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/228564-phase-3-breakfast-ideas.html
And here is the info on P3
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/228564-phase-3-breakfast-ideas.html
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/4701599-post48.html

I think links are working again? Let me know if they aren't and I'll create google docs for them.

I've never heard of a combo box in IP
The lemon pudding is great as a zucchini muffin. Recipe is in Recipes #4 (link in first post in this thread).
Add veggies to omelet (I like mushrooms, leeks, bell peppers)
Pureed veggies go well in the leek soup. I like to puree mushrooms, leeks, celery.
I'm not a tomato soup fan of any sort so I never bought it.
Some people have made the crackers or bread from it. You could dip into asparagus guac or cauliflower hummus.

exesparz
11-06-2013, 04:44 PM
Do most coaches not allow you to return food you didn't like? I could not stomach the tomatoe basil soup. My coach is going to allow me to return what I didn't eat and trade it for something else.

yespositively
11-06-2013, 04:49 PM
Do most coaches not allow you to return food you didn't like? I could not stomach the tomatoe basil soup. My coach is going to allow me to return what I didn't eat and trade it for something else.

That's really nice-- I hadn't asked. I ate that soup today and am still feeling nauceous from it.

65X65
11-06-2013, 05:11 PM
Help/Advice Needed

Sarita- Good job all around! You have done an amazing job on this diet...also you have dealt with a high stress work enviro and goings on professionally (as have most on here...) but you stayed true and kept at it. Sometimes...it's time to move on and you are pretty good at working out solutions! The trepidation of moving off P1/2 is real... many have expressed it and probably good. It keeps us honest and sincerely connected to what we have accomplished!!

You will do fine on the phase off...you have a wonderful trip coming up soon too don't you?? Two piece bathing suit..bikini??? I am sure you'll look incredible, esp after you start running and cycling regularly.

Remember...size matters and you'll probably be smaller...more lean muscle and might weigh a bit more than you thought you would at this size...but again...you know, and it will be apparent you are both healthier and smaller!

We all will always have the option of rebooting (in January), which, I've read a once a year reboot is actually recommended and the suggestion was to do it every year after the Holidays and get right back where you want to be as spring emerges. Great idea ..huh??

Everyone is right...you are ready...and will nail the phase off and maintenance!!:hug:

nolasmurf
11-06-2013, 11:11 PM
getting ready to head off to bed. Had a very productive day today and I' m beat!
Tomorrow is my daughters opening day for her school play. I think I have the jitters for her lol

Jojo381972
11-06-2013, 11:42 PM

You've done so well so far..
I found when I felt like that I bought myself something non food related, or changed something in my exercise program (added a new class) and then just felt better! Don't worry about slow loses you'll get there eventually! :hug::hug:

I often read this thread, but don't post much for some reason. It is inspiring to hear everyone's stories, losses and I appreciate this forum for that.

I had some great NSV's today. I got some new clothes and went from a 2X to a large in shirts. I was also told yesterday that I would be a poster child for my gym, so I'll have my big poster on the wall showing before and after shots. That's a shot of motivation to finish this. :)

Jojo381972
11-06-2013, 11:47 PM
I think it depends on your gym. I am allowed to return or exchange any food that I don't like no matter how much I have left in the package. Ask at your gym/center.

Hockeymom40
11-06-2013, 11:49 PM
The broccoli soup makes excellent "bread" , if you need the recipe let me know. It's good to add veggies to the soup too, I add broccoli and cauliflower and some hot sauce

Lol i hear you about the leek and tomato soup! I am on day 6 and my bag is getting rather sad looking too....i weigh in on Friday at lunch so tomorrow i will have to eat my leftovers broccoli soup and another gross vanilla pudding :(. I guess I am lucky that my clinic lets me choose each packet separately. Im seriously considering bringing leftover chicken breast to eat on my salad at work tomorrow instead of the soup because if it tastes anything like the nasty leek soup.....:yikes:

smileyt03
11-07-2013, 03:06 AM
My place does not allow us to return parts of food. But I pretty much know what foods I like and dont like. I really think this diet is saving my life. I would love to lose another 30 pounds. Im down approximately 30 already.