Closed Thread

Old 07-02-2003, 06:22 AM   #1  

Default Home of the Loozing Floozie's....(#25)

Home of the Loozing Floozie's(#25)

Hello!!

Here at McSkinneys, Our mission is to motivate,support and lose those pounds & inches.We must keep those Loozing Floozies loosing!!

Feel free to join our group of wonderful ladies.Come on in.....Give us YOUR motivation,support and ideas.We would love to have you!!!

Last edited by ShelleyM; 07-02-2003 at 06:40 AM.
Old 07-02-2003, 06:39 AM   #2  

Sorry ladies, I just can't do the attachments that Sherry does!! I hope she and Deb are having a ball here in Fl.!
Old 07-02-2003, 07:19 AM   #3  
Carol

Here is your Wednesday morning motivation. This one really hit home for me.

Go for it

Go ahead and go for it. Forget about what others will think. Don't let yourself be stopped by what might go wrong. Get yourself adequately prepared and then take that big step forward.

Sure you'll make mistakes and experience setbacks. But that's no reason to keep yourself hidden behind your own doubts or insecurities.

Your biggest regrets will be for the opportunities that you allow to pass you by. Avoid the painful sting of regret by jumping into the ring and meeting the challenges of achievement with the best you have.

It brings you no value to forever wonder what might have been. Go for it, now, today and make your mark on what will be.

Move beyond just dreaming about it, or talking about it, or planning for it, or hoping it will come. Go for it, and truly make it happen.

Hugs

Carol
Old 07-02-2003, 09:23 AM   #4  
Losing it!

Thank you for starting a new thread Shelley, your the bestest! BTW: Can you put a friend of mine on your prayer list? She is going through about her 5th round of cancer. She has had breast twice, lung, liver and brain cancer. The spots in her lungs are now once again actively growing. Her name is Nancy.

Ramona: How's the new diet plan going? As far as the picture, I'm dreaming of a land far away with twinkie trees, marshmellow streams and hot fudge mountains. People can eat away as much as they want and still look like sexy models!

Dee: HAPPY BELATED CANADA DAY!!!!!!!! OOOP's, I meant to post yesterday, but it slipped my mind.

Jennelle: I'm glad to hear about the new job! It sounds so much less stressful!

Carol: How did weigh-in go?

Jeanne: remember us!

I bet our two little hotties are out having the time of their life! I hope they remember that they have hubby's and quit hitting on the guys on the beach.

To all of the other Floozies: We are into a busy Summer, but please try to take a minute to update us on your life.

HAVE A GREAT DAY!! Gayle
Old 07-02-2003, 10:15 AM   #5  

Gayle-I will definitely put Nancy in my prayers!

Carol-Thank you for the morning motivation.

I just got back from Walmart. I bought myself a cheapie tankini, because today I am going to a friends house and hang out at the pool. It is very colorful, and I got a pair of black shorts as a cover up. Not bad for $40.00 total! I just couldn't face wearing my old 1 piece suit. I tried on every one that I have (which is about 10), and they are all so old and ugly looking (especially on me.) Anyway, I like the one I bought. It is very bright flowers.

Ramona-I was wondering the same. How is SBD going? I also lurk at the other thread.
Old 07-02-2003, 10:35 AM   #6  
Losing it!

Shelley, you skinny little thang you!!!! The swimming suit will look wonderful! I bet the bright flowers and colors will look great next to your dark complexion and hair. HAVE FUN!!!!
Old 07-02-2003, 10:55 AM   #7  

Just wanted to drop in a write a little line or two. Thanks Gayle for the Canada day wishes. It has been hot and humid here. We have been going to a different beach every day. We are off to the North Dakota for a few days. I should be back friday. Shelley keep everyone in line. Have a good week.

Love Dee
Old 07-02-2003, 12:29 PM   #8  

Dee, have a great time in North Dakota.

Shelley and Gayle, South Beach is going fine. The only thing I'm really missing is fruit and I'll get to add that in a couple of weeks.
I'm not hungry at all. In fact, I'm having trouble eating enough! I love that I can snack on pistascios in the afternoon if I have a lull.

Gayle, your friend is in my prayers. Bless her heart.

Carol, great post, as usual!
Old 07-02-2003, 12:30 PM   #9  

OH, I forgot one thing.....SHELLEY, WHY ARE COVERING UP THAT SKINNY BODY OF YOURS?????!!!!! YOU NEED TO STRUT YOUR STUFF GIRL!
Old 07-02-2003, 01:04 PM   #10  

I'm Back!

Sorry for the long absence! I got the results from my tests at the Dr's. Everything checked out fine, for which I am very grateful. Thanks to all of you, too, for the thoughts and prayers!

Ramona, sorry about your aunt and the baby--those folks are absolutely awful!!

Gayle--I like your new avatar, too!!

Shelley--be careful running in the heat!

Carol--don't get discouraged! Did you try upping your cals for a few days?

Jeanne--glad you enjoyed your vacation! I'll bet you're already looking forward to going back! I know I would be!

Dee--you're lucky you have the beaches to go to!!!

Hey to everyone else!

Cheryl
Old 07-02-2003, 01:18 PM   #11  

Cheryl, I'm so happy that the tests came out well! I know you must be relieved.
Old 07-02-2003, 01:47 PM   #12  
Losing it!

Have fun Dee! I won't chat with you again until Monday. We leave Friday and will be gone until Sunday night.

Cheryl: I'm glad to hear that all of the test came out fine. I had been thinking of you. Thank you for letting us know your ok. How's the weight loss going?

Ramona: I checked out a thread about the SBD. Sounds similar to Atkins except you are allowed more carbs and fruit? I know the first two weeks are fairly strict with no fruit, so what do you eat in your daily menu?
Old 07-02-2003, 03:32 PM   #13  

Gayle, I posted a lengthy list of what I eat and guess what? The cyberspace monster ate it!

So here is a quick list of some of my favorites:
crustless spinach quiche
lean roast beef or turkey with provolone cheese roll-ups
low fat cottage cheese with cucumbers and tomatoes for a snack as well as pistaschio nuts(30)
ground chuck on the Foreman grill with mixed sauteed veggies
SF popsickle
Old 07-02-2003, 04:50 PM   #14  

Thanks, Gayle and Ramona!

The weight loss is not going It's that "special" TOM and I've been stressed out, so I've been just eating whatever. Gained 2 lbs. at weigh-in last night! I've gotta get on the ball better this week!!
Old 07-03-2003, 07:08 AM   #15  
Carol

The only day

Live as though today is the only day that has ever been and the only day that will ever be. For, in some ways those things are true.

Today is the day that is here now, the one you have with which to work. You cannot change the days in the past, nor can you yet reach the future. Yet today is more than enough. Anything you could possibly dream or desire, you can begin to create for your world today.

Imagine the wonder and awe you would feel if today was the only day you had ever experienced. Imagine the sense of urgency you would have if today was the only day that you would ever be able to experience.

Go through this day with that sense of awe, with that driving urgency. Treat this day as if it were the only day ever. And by doing so, you will make it the best day ever.

Have a great OP day ladies!

Hugs
Carol
Closed Thread