Ideal Protein Diet - Expired IP Product

View Full Version : Expired IP Product

stephascope
11-03-2013, 01:57 PM
A friend's sister has at least 500 IP packets that expired in 2012 in her basement. She is willing to sell them for $1 each to get rid of them. I need to buy 3 boxes of packets through my coach per week but I thought I could buy some of these expired packets for variety. Do you think the expired packets are okay since they are freeze dried?

You might be wondering why this woman has so many packets. I think she bought them off ebay a while back...

shrinkingsusie
11-04-2013, 09:13 AM
I did some research on this online since I also had some expired packets, and from what I found, it seemed that individually sealed packets will be ok, it is more a tub of protein powder that, if opened, you shouldn't use past the expiration date.

stephascope
11-04-2013, 10:50 AM
Thanks for the feedback shrinkingsusie. I will buy some of the packets from her and see how they are.

Jenny38
11-04-2013, 10:20 PM
Hi,
I got some expired packs from a girl at the gym and they were fine to eat. of course I mentioned it to coach and she said it may not work or mix right. I think it was more that I wasn't buying as much.

sarahBell
11-04-2013, 10:28 PM
Thanks for the feedback shrinkingsusie. I will buy some of the packets from her and see how they are.

What does she have?

stephascope
11-04-2013, 11:20 PM
She has a lot of drinks, soups, and puddings. The bars were pretty expired - some from 2010 :0

Beautsmc
11-04-2013, 11:21 PM
If she has any dill pickle zippers, I will take them off her hands if she is willing to ship to Ontario!

stephascope
11-04-2013, 11:23 PM
If she has any dill pickle zippers, I will take them off her hands if she is willing to ship to Ontario!

Unfortunately she didn't have any good stuff like that!

Beautsmc
11-04-2013, 11:33 PM
Unfortunately she didn't have any good stuff like that!

Aww...too bad. I am addicted to those things!

CleverName
11-05-2013, 01:42 AM
Hey Stephascope, could you pm me? Your profile doesn't have any contact info, I can't pm you? Would be interested in buying some packets from her if you could forward my info to her. :)
Thanks!

foreveryoung
11-05-2013, 02:40 AM
A friend's sister has at least 500 IP packets that expired in 2012 in her basement. She is willing to sell them for $1 each to get rid of them. I need to buy 3 boxes of packets through my coach per week but I thought I could buy some of these expired packets for variety. Do you think the expired packets are okay since they are freeze dried?

You might be wondering why this woman has so many packets. I think she bought them off ebay a while back...

I heard from a coach that they don't expire as long as they are sealed, they just print a date because of FDA regulations.

lisa32989
11-05-2013, 07:26 AM

Does she have potato purée?

sarahBell
11-05-2013, 08:51 AM
I would love to buy some. Esp if she has veggie chili and potato puree LOL and anything chocolate

stephascope
11-05-2013, 09:31 AM
No potato puree. That was the first thing I asked about - potato puree and garlic/herb chips. She just has puddings/drinks/soups.

Wahoofan
11-05-2013, 08:38 PM
Are people interested in full price items or only at the discount? I am doing a mix of IP and alternatives but haven't told my coach yet. I was thinking of telling her I was going off plan for the holidays then going back in January when my supply ran low, all the while being on plan with the mix of foods. I haven't found replacements for everything I like so I don't want to mention the alternatives in case she says she has to stop seeing me.

If anyone is interested, I'd be happy to sell and ship boxes of things others haven't found replacements for at cost ($30 a box plus shipping).

sarahBell
11-05-2013, 09:05 PM
No potato puree. That was the first thing I asked about - potato puree and garlic/herb chips. She just has puddings/drinks/soups.

I will take some soups please (I like them all and puddings)

Misstiff
11-05-2013, 11:51 PM
If she any cappuccino packets? I would buy them, I drink it every morning.

stephascope
11-05-2013, 11:53 PM
I'm not sure she wants to pack them up and send them across the border... I'm in Calgary AB Canada.

Avalon1957
11-06-2013, 04:35 AM
(never mind)

CleverName
11-06-2013, 06:45 PM

Stephascope, can you please send me a message? Your user settings don't allow others to message you. Thanks!

stephascope
11-06-2013, 11:44 PM
Stephascope, can you please send me a message? Your user settings don't allow others to message you. Thanks!

Can't send you a pm - maybe because it hasn't been 20 days yet?

CleverName
11-07-2013, 12:13 AM
Can't send you a pm - maybe because it hasn't been 20 days yet?

Yes, that might be the problem. I'm in the Yukon and would buy some packets from her.

stephascope
11-07-2013, 12:30 AM
I emailed her your info CleverName. She said she would email you.

CleverName
11-07-2013, 01:34 AM
I emailed her your info CleverName. She said she would email you.

Thank you!