Weight Watchers - November WW Activity thread

View Full Version : November WW Activity thread

DrivenByAmbition
11-03-2013, 10:27 AM
Still trying to generate threads that will keep this forum more active. I am joining the gym tomorrow and will begin running again. Here is a place where I can check in on a daily basis. (We'll, Mwf (: )

PUPMOM5
11-03-2013, 10:49 AM
Not a bad idea!

I finished L2D4 of the 30 Day Shred - hoping to be done by Thanksgiving week and on to Shredded in 30 (I think it's called.) Also going to try to complete C25K W4D2 or at least get 10k steps in today. I might take my youngest dog to the bike path around the lake for some new scenery.

lazylioness
11-03-2013, 03:43 PM
Great idea!

I was noticing that on the home page, almost all of the new posts are from a forum from a different weight loss program! What the heck?!?!? I know there are lots of us point counters out there!

I joined a gym a month ago, but it's brand new and just opened yesterday. So I checked it out yesterday, only got on the bike for 35 minutes, we had a busy busy day. But today I tried to do day 1 of c25k since I had not been running for a month, I couldn't get through it lol. So I ended up walking 4 miles instead.

powerwalker
11-03-2013, 08:00 PM
I've been doing Leslie sansone walk at home 2 mile. I got it from YouTube. It seems like I get a little better each time I do it. I still have a hard time keeping up. I'm just greatful I make it to the end. It's low impact and great for people with joint issues. Actually my back and feet feel a lot better since I started excercising. I also have a lot more energy through the day. I've also have incorporated some yoga in my work out.

DrivenByAmbition
11-03-2013, 09:24 PM
Love Leslie Sansone, you can find her discs on eBay for cheap.

DrivenByAmbition
11-04-2013, 07:34 AM
Joining the gym after night class and dinner. Yippee!

Jilu
11-04-2013, 09:34 AM
I'm working nights/on call this week. And I actually managed to wake up early enough to go do a mile and a half walk this morning. So, hopefully my on call nights won't be too crazy so I can get up early like this all week.

SarainMN
11-04-2013, 10:28 AM
I was away this weekend so didn't get a chance to exercise
but I did go for a walk

tonight is Zumba...I've been bitten by the zumba bug and go every chance I get

lazylioness
11-04-2013, 11:17 AM
I have Zumba at home, and I cannot seem to get it right! Perhaps I will try and find a Zumba class/group......

Gym today. So glad it opened! Finally I can get out of my nasty complex gym!

lazylioness
11-04-2013, 11:25 AM
ACK! I accidentially unsubscribed from a bunch of threads...this was one of them!

What a ding dong I am

Busymomx4
11-05-2013, 12:33 PM
I've been doing Leslie sansone walk at home 2 mile. I got it from YouTube. It seems like I get a little better each time I do it. I still have a hard time keeping up. I'm just greatful I make it to the end. It's low impact and great for people with joint issues. Actually my back and feet feel a lot better since I started excercising. I also have a lot more energy through the day. I've also have incorporated some yoga in my work out.

Hi, which video do you use? There are so many of htem. I need to do some exercise but am limited due to knee problems and time constraints. This seems like something i could do.

Thanks

SarainMN
11-05-2013, 01:56 PM
off to the gym right now

lazylioness
11-05-2013, 01:58 PM
off to the gym right now

JEALOUS!

I am at work, behind a stupid desk in front of this stupid computer....

By the time I get to the gym it is PACKED! UGH!

Oh well. At least I can get there this evening and burn off some frustration!

Have fun!

DrivenByAmbition
11-05-2013, 05:43 PM
Didn't get to join the gym. Too much going on. Will join Friday.

lazylioness
11-06-2013, 09:34 PM
Ugh. Took me an hour and 45 minutes to get home. Totally did not make the gym.

Trying not to beat myself up about it and stopped myself from eating left over macaroni and cheese! Kraft my favorite!

I have to remember that missing one day at the gym does not mean go on a whatever I want binge, and it doesn't mean I am a failure!

DrivenByAmbition
11-07-2013, 06:19 AM
I liked Leslie sansones walk and jog.

PUPMOM5
11-07-2013, 08:17 AM
I'm seeing people using that everywhere - what is it? A walking work out take you do in your own home? How does that work?

Jilu
11-07-2013, 09:59 AM
Woo, got up and did 2.5 miles this morning even though it's cloudy gray. Mostly walk, but a little run.

DrivenByAmbition
11-07-2013, 02:53 PM
Walking in place, sometimes a few steps forwards and backwards, side it side, kicks etc.

PUPMOM5
11-07-2013, 07:40 PM
Despite still feeling ick, I took the youngest dog out for a 45 minute walk. Fingers crossed for weigh-in tomorrow.

lazylioness
11-07-2013, 11:20 PM
Awesome Pup!

I had a workout NSV today. I have been trying to get through a week of C25K. For the first time since I started a few months ago, I was able to run all of the running segments! Now I can move on to day 2! Lol

DrivenByAmbition
11-08-2013, 07:03 AM
Great job lioness.

lazylioness
11-09-2013, 04:52 PM
Got through w1d2 of my C25K this morning, added another 25 minutes for a total of 55 minutes on the treadmill, and then for the heck of it did a full circuit of abs back and arms!

Something switched this week and I can't wait to get to the gym everyday lol

PUPMOM5
11-09-2013, 05:22 PM
Way to go, lioness!

lazylioness
11-09-2013, 08:12 PM
Thanks. I also cut my previous best mile time by 2 minutes

DrivenByAmbition
11-09-2013, 11:03 PM
I hope I have the same excitement, lioness.

lazylioness
11-10-2013, 06:52 PM
Driven, I hope so too!

I really really a lot really hate how my body is looking right now. Sure, I have lost a fair amount of weight so I am in smaller sizes, but naked....ugh. There are lumps And bumps and sags that did not exist before! In so many ways I look worse than I did. Working out regularly is the only way I hdveca chance of fixing that. Sure surgery is totally and completely on the table, and the truth is I probably won't get away from this without some. But, if I can reduce it with working out, I am all over it. Besides which, if feels good. If I miss a day, I get all weird and anxious. I goto the gym, work my butt off , get a good dose of endorphins and I am good to go!

Today was bike and legs. Tomorrow is my W1D3 of C25K. I have to admit, I am a bit nervous about moving off of week 1. I can run the required 1 minute, but 1.5 or more?!?!?! Ack!!! Lol

DrivenByAmbition
11-10-2013, 09:49 PM
You will do great

lazylioness
11-10-2013, 09:51 PM
Thanks. That's what my husband says too. Who knows, maybe I will have to do week 2 for months like I had to for week 1 lol

DrivenByAmbition
11-10-2013, 10:26 PM
Take all the time you need. Also know it's not about speed at first, just go the duration.

lazylioness
11-11-2013, 08:02 AM
Right. That's my plan. Get through the whole thing, not paying much attention to how fast I am running, just running as many minutes as the program says. Once I can run the full 30 minutes or whatever, I will push the speed to get to the 30 minute 5k.

DrivenByAmbition
11-11-2013, 03:28 PM
Great plan!

lazylioness
11-11-2013, 11:39 PM
Yeah. Hopefully lol. Today's run sucked for some reason. I did an hour total on the treadmill, 3.15 miles in 57 minutes. 10 minutes faster than the last time I walked a 5k. But damn! I actually had to fast walk 20 seconds out of the second to last minute. Will see how I do on Wednesday.

lazylioness
11-13-2013, 10:14 PM
I did it!!!

Woohoo got through w2d1 of c25k!!!

Jilu
11-15-2013, 07:30 PM
Got home from a 10 hour shift. Had coffee. Ran/walked 2 miles. Now to go watch minor league hockey.

lazylioness
11-18-2013, 11:42 AM
Sounds like a great Friday!

I have to start my c25k again. Took too many days off! But that's ok.

Of course I decide to do this today, and TOM showed up today. I don't know about you guys but I have the WORST time working out with TOM.

PUPMOM5
11-18-2013, 12:13 PM
Meeting my activity goals is really paying off! I feel so stupid for ignoring that half of weight loss lately and yet being puzzled when my scale seemed like it wouldn't go down.

lazylioness
11-18-2013, 10:57 PM
Yeah, I am the same. I go go go full on at the gym for a few weeks or months, then I slack and wonder why I stall.

*shakes head*

DrivenByAmbition
11-19-2013, 06:47 AM
I could run half a mile without slowing down. A far cry from the 3.2 miles I could do, but I think I have a starting point.

lazylioness
11-19-2013, 08:22 AM
I wish I could! I am getting better. I took too many days off, so now starting over..BUT it is easier. YAY.

I am trying currently not to have a full on set back. I got a letter from my doctor yesterday regarding some test results. About a month ago I had my regular bloodwork/lady check and I did not hear back. No news is good news right? That is how it has always been. Anyway, I got this letter saying that they had been trying to get ahold of me (lie) regarding these test results. So I called and the only thing the girl could tell me is that there was some results on one or more of the tests that was "abnormal" and my doc wanted to see me to discuss them. Not give me a call tomorrow or whenever she was in next, but actually have an appointment.

I am telling myself that it is just my blood sugar acting up again, and that the reason she wants to see me is so that she can bill my insurance for another office visit and collect my copay. But the truth is that I am really nervous. Three of my grandparents and one of my parents had or currently have cancer, and I had a cervical cancer scare 16-17 years ago.

This is not good. BUT, I have decided to just go about my day until Friday (appointment day) still go to the gym daily, still focus on my diet and health and not let this whole thing throw me into a tailspin. If for no other reason than if I do get the worst news, I will need to be as strong and as physically healthy as possible to deal :)

Sorry for the purge. Everyone have a great day :)

DrivenByAmbition
11-20-2013, 09:51 PM
Hope everything is okay. Keep us updated.

PUPMOM5
11-21-2013, 08:54 AM
Lioness, hopefully it's nothing but they will never tell you anything over the phone anymore. :hug: I HATE it when they won't just tell you, and make you wait for an appointment. Definitely try to keep your mind off of it. I always tell myself that worrying never helped anybody.

DrivenByAmbition
11-23-2013, 09:28 AM
Yesterday 15 mins of running and 15 walking.