Ideal Protein Diet - IP weekend Chat Sat 11/2 - Sun 11/3/2013

lisa32989
11-02-2013, 10:21 AM
Sorry about the late start...I'm off my routine.

:welcome2:
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/243142-have-question-about-ip-read-here-first-before-posting-question.html): Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
(http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-exercise-other-important-threads.html)and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/4701599-post49.html)

NOTE: Attached files in stickies (and elsewhere) have been nonfunctional for the past few weeks. Admin are a aware of the problem & it has been reported to tech support. Links to Googledocs have been added for protocol sheets until technical issues are resolved

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/221536-real-cost-cheating-ideal-protein.html)

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/261885-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow.html)
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/268669-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow-volumn-2-a.html)
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/212175-fun-ideal-protein-packets.html)
Fun with Veggie Purees! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/264231-fun-veggie-purees.html)
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/273856-ideal-protein-diet-recipes-4-a.html)
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/270950-ideal-protein-tips-recipes-incredible-weight-loss-center.html)

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html) for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/3427715-post155.html) Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/).

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19)

Ruth Ann
11-02-2013, 10:23 AM
Good morning! Hope you got to sleep in!

lisa32989
11-02-2013, 10:26 AM
Thanks Ruth Ann
Not much b/c I was up late with the Great Divide crew (this state is divided by 2 big colleges who are playing today)

We packed a vehicle for tailgate and I got some warm beverages ready. It is cold and rainy here. Great weather...if you're a duck!!!!

This is my first tailgate NOT on P1. I still brought a veggie tray and chopped a bunch of veggies last nite. Veggies will be my maintenance mainstay and will keep me away from the tailgate junk today. The only difference: not tracking every morsel/calorie/measuring veggies/dips for veggies (instead of plain). Brought some sugar-free choices to drink today.

sonolady
11-02-2013, 10:27 AM
Good morning All!!!! Sending out IP POWER to stay OP for the weekend!!!!

Anyone have experience with Vital Wheat Gluten? Vital Wheat Gluten flour?

sonolady
11-02-2013, 10:29 AM
Lisa Stay warm, enjoy! I've spent the morning in the kitchen cooking for DH ,now trying to get the umph to do some yard work. Its warm here 62 but wet.

Ruth Ann
11-02-2013, 10:29 AM
I grew up in Oregon so I have webbed feet! :)

What did you pack for the tailgate? I have one coming up and am making a list of what I want to take.

sarahBell
11-02-2013, 10:40 AM
Good Morning my fellow IPers!

Today we are cleaning out the stuff we placed in storage over the summer with the thought our house was going to sell. SO I will be getting in some much needed exercise it is going to be beautiful here high of 49 and sunny :carrot::carrot:

Tuscany123
11-02-2013, 11:04 AM
Good morning All!!!! Sending out IP POWER to stay OP for the weekend!!!!

Anyone have experience with Vital Wheat Gluten? Vital Wheat Gluten flour?

I add it to my flour when I use the bread machine to bake a loaf. I don't have the ratio of gluten,yeast and salt exactly right yet and the top of my loaves still fall. I live at 5600 ft, and the altitude messes with my bread baking pretty bad!

sonolady
11-02-2013, 11:07 AM
Tuscany I've done that with the whole wheat loaves I've made pre IP. The low carb recipes I am finding for P3 next week call for VWG flour? I cant find that anywhere and there is 50-50 mix of whether they are the same product? So is Vital Wheat Gluten the same as Vital Wheat Gluten flour? The recipes call for 1 cup of vital wheat gluten flour?

Slipfree
11-02-2013, 11:14 AM
Hi all!

It's my birthday! I weigh in this morning, hoping for a good loss. Also bought myself the IP cookbook as a present. Going to a charity tea- with all the typical goodies but I am bringing my strawberry wafers. I think they look appropriately chic chic foo foo. Then to dinner, chose a seafood place, going to have tuna with fennel slaw. My bday present to my self will be a great IP day:)

Lisa, stay warm. Your words yesterday were inspiring!

Sonolady, the weather here in CT is sunny, so it might be on your way.

Have a wonderful day :)

vachinyc
11-02-2013, 11:15 AM
Good morning all. Happy sunny (here) Saturday!

I made Crispy Cereal Pancakes this morning. Yum! Can't believe I waited so long. Great weekend breakfast.

Looking forward to a nice walk in the sun today. Then some closet cleaning. Yay - getting rid of some too big clothes.

Have a great weekend. IP POWER!

nolasmurf
11-02-2013, 11:15 AM
Morning all! I'm relaxing with a cuppa joe watching the squirrels runaround my yard. Feels like fall here in New Orleans. :D

Tonight I'm hosting a group of clients at a basketball game, sound be fun. I'm a little worried about the food since it's typically stuff I can't have . Going to make sure I have a shake and a salad before the game and attempt to smuggle a bar in. We'll be up in the suites so usually they don't check the bags to terribly hard. If they bust me I'll use the medical excuse.

lisa32989
11-02-2013, 11:19 AM
I grew up in Oregon so I have webbed feet! :)

What did you pack for the tailgate? I have one coming up and am making a list of what I want to take.
My contributions:

When I was on p1: for myself: seltzer, Mio, celery, cukes, green peppers, asparagus guac, quest bar or crunchy restricted.
Veggie tray to share. Ate meat provided.

Today: veggie tray to share w/ extra green pepper, cukes, celery cut up & bagged. Hummus & guacamole, in addition to the dip that comes with the veggie tray.
Hot drink in a big thermos (no enticing details here)
Sugar-free Treat to share (details omitted in respect to p1 folks)
For myself: Seltzer w/Mio
Still eating meat sans bun

Ruth Ann
11-02-2013, 11:19 AM
Hi all!

It's my birthday! I weigh in this morning, hoping for a good loss. Also bought myself the IP cookbook as a present. Going to a charity tea- with all the typical goodies but I am bringing my strawberry wafers. I think they look appropriately chic chic foo foo. Then to dinner, chose a seafood place, going to have tuna with fennel slaw. My bday present to my self will be a great IP day:)

Happy Birthday Slipfee! :woo:

That's a really good present to yourself!

lisa32989
11-02-2013, 11:21 AM
Morning all! I'm relaxing with a cuppa joe watching the squirrels runaround my yard. Feels like fall here in New Orleans. :D

Tonight I'm hosting a group of clients at a basketball game, sound be fun. I'm a little worried about the food since it's typically stuff I can't have . Going to make sure I have a shake and a salad before the game and attempt to smuggle a bar in. We'll be up in the suites so usually they don't check the bags to terribly hard. If they bust me I'll use the medical excuse.
Just put it in the bottom of your purse. I've not been to any event that they check that closely.

Ruth Ann
11-02-2013, 11:22 AM
My contributions:

When I was on p1: for myself: seltzer, Mio, celery, cukes, green peppers, asparagus guac, quest bar or crunchy restricted.
Veggie tray to share. Ate meat provided.

Still eating meat sans bun

Good menu - I hadn't thought about the mockamole.

I don't know if I'll ever go back to eating meat on buns. I have learned to love the lettuce crunch when I bite into a burger.

lisa32989
11-02-2013, 11:23 AM
Tuscany I've done that with the whole wheat loaves I've made pre IP. The low carb recipes I am finding for P3 next week call for VWG flour? I cant find that anywhere and there is 50-50 mix of whether they are the same product? So is Vital Wheat Gluten the same as Vital Wheat Gluten flour? The recipes call for 1 cup of vital wheat gluten flour?

I feel so much better being GF that I can't help.
All of my recipes are coconut flour, almond meal, amaranth, masa harina, etc

sonolady
11-02-2013, 11:35 AM
I feel so much better being GF that I can't help.
All of my recipes are coconut flour, almond meal, amaranth, masa harina, etc

Thanks Lisa, so do you make a bread machine loaf using those flours? low carb? Mind sharing the recipe?

nolasmurf
11-02-2013, 11:36 AM
Just put it in the bottom of your purse. I've not been to any event that they check that closely.

Thanks Lisa! It might get a little smushed but it's better than nothing! Enjoy your tailgate.

Happy birthday Slipfree!

MidgieMoon
11-02-2013, 11:45 AM
Gorgeous day here in central Maryland. Went to spin class, sweat a lot! House is clean, and I am going to a party this afternoon, and having one tonight too! Busy day. Won't be noshing on much, trying to keep it bland per doctors orders... Doing my best to keep the joy factor high today!

Since the attachments are working, here is a quick before and now. The now was 2 weeks ago, but good enough for me!
}}}}hugs{{{

sonolady
11-02-2013, 11:49 AM
Midge You look amazing!!!!

65X65
11-02-2013, 12:16 PM

Gluten is the protein that makes bread made with wheat "elastic". If you are wheat sensitive...you probably want to stay away from gluten in any form. It is what celiacs have a violent reaction to in their digestive tract.

Vital wheat gluten is not flour...it is a separate ingredient. I suspect if you add it to a non gluten flour in a recipe it causes the finished product to have a consistency similar to something made with wheat flour..

In our world of true celiac and wheat sensitivity...it is a no-no. Huge.

My youngest daughter, who has severe celiac, actually shudders and trembles when she sees a bag of that on a shelf...esp when they have it next to gluten free flours and products. Makes no sense in our world!

http://www.celiac.com/articles/8/1/What-is-gluten-What-is-gliadin/Page1.html

KareVT
11-02-2013, 12:28 PM
Thanks Ruth Ann
Not much b/c I was up late with the Great Divide crew (this state is divided by 2 big colleges who are playing today)

We packed a vehicle for tailgate and I got some warm beverages ready. It is cold and rainy here. Great weather...if you're a duck!!!!

This is my first tailgate NOT on P1. I still brought a veggie tray and chopped a bunch of veggies last nite. Veggies will be my maintenance mainstay and will keep me away from the tailgate junk today. The only difference: not tracking every morsel/calorie/measuring veggies/dips for veggies (instead of plain). Brought some sugar-free choices to drink today.

Good Morning Lisa! Have fun tailgating, sounds like you've got a great system down, thanks for sharing your go to's (see Lisa's 2nd entry, as well). Hope you have a good rain coat and try to stay dry so you don't get sick!

I have a silly question that I've been meaning to ask.. What is Mio, what does it do and how does it taste?

Cheers! :coffee:

Hi all!

Lisa, stay warm. Your words yesterday were inspiring!

Sonolady, the weather here in CT is sunny, so it might be on your way.

Have a wonderful day :)

Happiest of Days @Slipfree!! :bday2you:

That sounds like a great present to yourself. Lots of folks in Calgary have been talking about how Chef Verati is coming their way, I hope he comes to VT or CT (where I'm from too) soon. That would be so much fun!

Be sure to have some fun today and hope you're smiling all day long! :celebrate:

Good morning all. Happy sunny (here) Saturday!

I made Crispy Cereal Pancakes this morning. Yum! Can't believe I waited so long. Great weekend breakfast.

Looking forward to a nice walk in the sun today. Then some closet cleaning. Yay - getting rid of some too big clothes.

Have a great weekend. IP POWER!

Hi vachinyc - Good morning! It's dreary and threatening rain here but glad it's sunny where you live.. Okay, I need to check out this crispy cereal pancakes - i think you've sold me on them. Should I go to the main recipe page and review the recipe or rather, do you have any tips to share?

Enjoy your walk, hoping to get one in too - cheers! :sunny:

Gorgeous day here in central Maryland. Went to spin class, sweat a lot! House is clean, and I am going to a party this afternoon, and having one tonight too! Busy day. Won't be noshing on much, trying to keep it bland per doctors orders... Doing my best to keep the joy factor high today!

Since the attachments are working, here is a quick before and now. The now was 2 weeks ago, but good enough for me!
}}}}hugs{{{

Hi MidgieMoon - WOWZER - You look fabulous!!! WTG!! All your hardwork, so great to see all of your success, you must be so proud of yourself. :D

I'm jealous to hear you're done with your chores, still need to clean but just got done grocery shopping so need to putz around the house a bit and do my wknd duties so it feels nice.

Congrats again on your success with IP - love hearing/seeing success stories and photos - YEAY!!!:hat:

To All IP'ers - have a great day and hope everyone does something that makes you smile today! After I clean, I'm treating myself to a manicure and maybe a movie. I'll be sure to arm myself with an IP bar as not to be tempted by the theater :corn: Talk to ya later!

PurpleMomster
11-02-2013, 12:31 PM
Morning everyone! Busy weekend - hosting my 3 year old great nephew's birthday party today, super hero balloons and all :) Roasting a chicken with mashed cauli, roasted green beans and I'll have a bar instead of ice cream cake for dessert.

Trying to get the last bit of yard work cleaned up too and put away the Halloween decorations. For some reason, I am so excited for Christmas this year - I even bought a new yard decoration yesterday :D

Took my son and his friend to a movie last night and the popcorn and other normally yummy smelling food there didn't even interest me at all. Amazing for me - I *love* movie theatre popcorn...and pizza...and fries...

Have a great IP day!

Jo

sonolady
11-02-2013, 12:39 PM
65x65 Thanks I know that, in some recipes I've made it calls for the VWG to yes help it rise higher. In searching for the low carb bread recipes it seems they call for 1 cup VWG some specify flour some don't. The other flour is only 1/3 c soy flour, 1/3c oat flour, 1/3c flax meal. There is an egg, yeast, blah blah the other normal stuff. I can't find any straight answers, some say they are different products some say not. Soo its in the bread machine now as a test with 1 cup Vital Wheat Guten, we'll see....... DH can eat it I will however have a slice to test.

Slipfree
11-02-2013, 01:02 PM
Back from my WI- 5.5 pounds gone. 19.5 pounds total on their scale (20 on mine) 18.75 inches lost in a month. (11 in my waist). Best news of all! My Blood pressure was lower than I had seen it in 5 years!

Thank you for the sweet birthday wishes. I am wearing a smile :D this wide!

KareVT- where in VT? I went to Keene in NH and have family from near Mt. Ascutney.

Midge: I had my gallbladder removed after a lifetime of dieting. Very easy surgery for me. I had been misdiagnosed for a year, so I felt much better when it was over. Veggies with fiber were very hard for me to digest before the surgery. How will this affect your wonderful trip?

65X65
11-02-2013, 01:19 PM
65x65 Thanks I know that, in some recipes I've made it calls for the VWG to yes help it rise higher. In searching for the low carb bread recipes it seems they call for 1 cup VWG some specify flour some don't. The other flour is only 1/3 c soy flour, 1/3c oat flour, 1/3c flax meal. There is an egg, yeast, blah blah the other normal stuff. I can't find any straight answers, some say they are different products some say not. Soo its in the bread machine now as a test with 1 cup Vital Wheat Guten, we'll see....... DH can eat it I will however have a slice to test.

Yes...it is confusing...and I bet there are variations is what is in the products...test run trial and error!!!
Good luck!
The Elana's pantry blog has a lot of recipes for breads on line...they are all paleo so there is no wheat or gluten in any of them. I've tried one so far and can't wait to test a lot of others from her site once I am full into maintenance!

Tuscany123
11-02-2013, 03:11 PM
Oh my, I don't know the answer to that, sorry. What I use is just called vital wheat gluten. Yours almost sounds like flour with an extra high ratio of gluten in there. Sorry I can't be more help.

Deana509
11-02-2013, 03:20 PM
Today is the big RIVAL football game at our college.... Both teams, undefeated, one will remain undefeated! And We pray it's us! Whoooo! No tailgating for me though! But I am going to take a Hot Chocolate drink down with me to the field....

sonolady
11-02-2013, 03:21 PM
65x65, Tuscany wow it was/is good bread! DH liked it, I liked it I will definitely make it more in the near future. I followed the recipe, its 5carbs a slice and 11 grams protein. Thanks for the blog info I will investigate that also an author Jennifer Eloff, she writes/cooks low carb glutenfree, sugar free books. I'm lucky no gluten issues here. I doubled the recipe, it didnt make a big loaf, dense like Ezekiel sprouted whole grain. I made DH a big pot of beef stew for lunch and he had hot bread with it. I know I have at least one recipe that I can make and have more of in a few weeks.

Zictory75
11-02-2013, 03:28 PM
Hi all!

I ust wanted to report that while I still have not had an official wi owing to travel, I have weighed myself several times in the past day and can say I am officially down 3 more lbs. so that is about 1.5 each week of travel which I think is pretty good given almost no control over food. Yay!

Happy weekend to everyone!!!

staceyjblack
11-02-2013, 04:28 PM
Totally making this for dinner!

Beef and Broccoli
2 cups broccoli (fresh)
1 pound boneless beef steak (I like sirloin or flank)
2 Tbsp soy sauce
1 clove garlic, minced (or comparable spice)
1/4 cup canola oil
2 Tbsp water
Sauce
1 tsp Thickenthin/Not starch or xanthan gum
1/4 tsp ground ginger
pinch ground red pepper
2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 1/2 cups beef broth (I use organic)
Cut cleaned broccoli into small flowerets. Cut florets into tiny bits. Slice stalks into long strips. Set aside.
Cut beef with the grain into 1 1/2 inch strips. Cut those into 1/4 inch thick slanted slices. In a bowl, mix beef with soy and garlic and marinade for 15 minutes. Prepare sauce (recipe above).
Place pan over medium high heat on stove with a Tbsp of oil. When oilis hot, add half of the meat mixture and cook until meat is browned, about 2-3 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside. Add another Tbsp of oil and repeat cooking the rest of the meat.
Pour remaining oil into pan. Once oil is hot, add broccoli and cook for about 1 minute. Add water and cover pan, stirring frequently until broccoli is tender, about 3 minutes. Add cooking sauce, along with meat. Cook until sauce boils and then thickens.

http://yourlighterside.com/2009/05/low-carb-chinese-new-year-recipe-beef-and-broccoli/

Deana509
11-02-2013, 05:37 PM
So, has only else developed a over reaction to muscle twitches? It's like I'm getting a cold chill, only more often, when im not cold, and more intense... I was reading that it could be from weight loss...

lighthouse101
11-02-2013, 05:43 PM
Happy weekend to all!

I am seriously considering switching to alternatives and will be reading all of those threads this weekend to do my research. Basically my motivation is cost, and also at this point I'm not getting much from my weekly check-in besides WI and measurements, which I can do on my own. I've gotten much more support on these boards than from my coach - she's great, just always running late and rushed, which doesn't leave much time for questions and things.
My main issue will be shipping charges, since I don't live in the US or Canada, shipping and import tax can be really expensive - in order for it to be worth the switch, those costs plus the products would have to end up being less than what I pay for IP each month. I'm sure I'll get lots of great info on the alternative threads, but if anyone has any pearls of wisdom I'll happily receive them!

sonolady
11-02-2013, 05:43 PM
Deana I am always cold and sometimes shiver uncontrollably. DH looks at me like I am from another planet. lol

Congrats on the "Twoderville"!!!!

sarahBell
11-02-2013, 06:26 PM
Hello ladies!

I got my jeans from Old Navy today. I ordered two pairs sizes 14 and 16 in the Divas. WELL my 18 divas are way to big, so I tried on my new 16s and they a smidge snug esp. where my blop under my belly button is (3 C-sections does wonders for a body), and the thighs are a little tight. I am wondering if I should wait a week and try them on again or try to exchange them for sweetheart 16s?

I hate going to the store with a 2 year old because he has his own agenda most days LOL. Should I wait a week or two then try them again or just exchange and hope for the best?

Life is so full of choices LOL

IdealProteinNewbie
11-02-2013, 07:16 PM
I finally cleaned out my closet today...95% is packed and ready to donate :D

kelseys928
11-02-2013, 07:30 PM
Today is the big RIVAL football game at our college.... Both teams, undefeated, one will remain undefeated! And We pray it's us! Whoooo! No tailgating for me though! But I am going to take a Hot Chocolate drink down with me to the field....

I admire your dedication while at school! I am a college student but living not on campus so its easy for me to make my own meals but still find it tempting to not party with the rest of my friends so good for you!

Not 2 old 4 skinny
11-02-2013, 07:58 PM
Good evening, busy day with DH today. Home for a few minutes before going to dinner Grrrrrrr, staying on plan despite all the popcorn smell at the movie. Took my Cheddar Ridges and crunched right along with everyone else ;). After my 2 week vaca to Korea I'm still down one half pound and thrilled. I'm back on IP full speed ahead and looking forward to more weight loss. My coach is gone next week so no WI for 2 weeks, but I will weigh at home and stick to the plan. Everyone sounds like they are doing great! Congrats. :carrot:

Deana509
11-02-2013, 08:51 PM
I posted a week or two ago about purchasing a smaller sized pullover for the spring. Well, it came it today, and tried it on for kicks and giggles, and it FIT! Its a size smaller than everything else Ive been wearing. Great NSV :)

Hiker88
11-02-2013, 08:59 PM
Congrats Deana!!! You are an inspiration!!

sarahBell
11-02-2013, 09:11 PM
I posted a week or two ago about purchasing a smaller sized pullover for the spring. Well, it came it today, and tried it on for kicks and giggles, and it FIT! Its a size smaller than everything else Ive been wearing. Great NSV :)

You go girl!!! :carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot:

ReenHag
11-02-2013, 10:08 PM
Happy weekend, all!

Feeling better today, so went on a date with hubby to celebrate his Bday (one day late). Saw Gravity (decent movie), then had dinner at Outback. It was our first time out together since starting IP! It was a nice evening.

Congrats on all the NSV's and losses! I WI tomorrow, so we will see how it goes.

Renee

KareVT
11-02-2013, 10:42 PM
Back from my WI- 5.5 pounds gone. 19.5 pounds total on their scale (20 on mine) 18.75 inches lost in a month. (11 in my waist). Best news of all! My Blood pressure was lower than I had seen it in 5 years!

Thank you for the sweet birthday wishes. I am wearing a smile :D this wide!

KareVT- where in VT? I went to Keene in NH and have family from near Mt. Ascutney.

Midge: I had my gallbladder removed after a lifetime of dieting. Very easy surgery for me. I had been misdiagnosed for a year, so I felt much better when it was over. Veggies with fiber were very hard for me to digest before the surgery. How will this affect your wonderful trip?

Hey Slipfree - Burlington, VT! And grew up in Hamden, CT. Where abouts in CT are you? I hear Keene is beautiful but I have never been. Hope you're bday was as happy as could be ~ glad you had a smile on:D

Slipfree
11-02-2013, 10:51 PM
Hey Slipfree - Burlington, VT! And grew up in Hamden, CT. Where abouts in CT are you? I hear Keene is beautiful but I have never been. Hope you're bday was as happy as could be ~ glad you had a smile on:D

Want to hear something funny? I grew up in Hamden until I was 12. Went to Church Street School. The rest of my life in Madison and now East Lyme.

My birthday was great. I did miss having wine with everyone but I stuck to the protocol. My family is being very supportive. They want my BP to stay down.

Docsaver
11-02-2013, 11:19 PM
Happy weekend, all!

Feeling better today, so went on a date with hubby to celebrate his Bday (one day late). Saw Gravity (decent movie), then had dinner at Outback. It was our first time out together since starting IP! It was a nice evening.

Congrats on all the NSV's and losses! I WI tomorrow, so we will see how it goes.

Renee

You are doing great! What did you have at Outback?

KareVT
11-02-2013, 11:20 PM
Want to hear something funny? I grew up in Hamden until I was 12. Went to Church Street School. The rest of my life in Madison and now East Lyme.

My birthday was great. I did miss having wine with everyone but I stuck to the protocol. My family is being very supportive. They want my BP to stay down.

Slipfree, that is a total riot that you lived in Hamden too! I visit my mother as much as possible and one of my sisters resides there with her family. Madison and E. Lyme are so pretty.

Random question: Have you ever been to that store Taken for Granite? It's in Branford, Stony Creek area. It's such a beautiful store. My sisters go there and it's fun to walk around and look at all of the items for the home.

Happy to hear your bday was a happy one. I know it's hard not sharing a glass of wine with everyone but, you're doing the right thing. Remember, "it's not forever, it's just for now" the wine will always be there. Glad you stayed OP and that you were able to celebrate with your family. Three cheers to YOU!!

Sonyasbug
11-02-2013, 11:32 PM
I'm from Mystic. Today was a beautiful new england day.

Slipfree
11-02-2013, 11:45 PM

Sonyasbug, I teach in Groton. You are right it was a gorgeous day:)

KareVT, haven't been there but I will check it out. Love decorating.

KareVT
11-02-2013, 11:56 PM

Mystic is beautiful too! You're lucky it was nice weather, nothing but clouds and rain up here.

Definitely check it out, it's small but really fun to walk around and look at all the tschotskes (beautiful decor and some jewelry/clothing but mostly house items/gifts).

:gift: :balloons:

IdealProteinNewbie
11-03-2013, 12:07 AM
Sonya: LOVE your new pic!

Deana: You look amazing, keep it up!

nolasmurf
11-03-2013, 12:09 AM
Hello ladies!

I got my jeans from Old Navy today. I ordered two pairs sizes 14 and 16 in the Divas. WELL my 18 divas are way to big, so I tried on my new 16s and they a smidge snug esp. where my blop under my belly button is (3 C-sections does wonders for a body), and the thighs are a little tight. I am wondering if I should wait a week and try them on again or try to exchange them for sweetheart 16s?

I hate going to the store with a 2 year old because he has his own agenda most days LOL. Should I wait a week or two then try them again or just exchange and hope for the best?

Hold onto them for a week and try again. My 14s that we're in the closet were like that a few weeks back then all of sudden I tried again and they fit! I HATE exchanging clothes!

brelo
11-03-2013, 12:57 AM
Hello ladies!

Normally I would say go back and get the size you can wear now. BUT, since you are on Ideal Protein and you can't help BUT make progress because this diet is so awesome, I say wait it out! You will get there.

dmp005
11-03-2013, 01:26 AM
Hi!
I'm fairly new and amazed at how well IP is working for me!
I'm setting mini goals and am on track to meet my first goal - 20 lbs on the 20th anniversary of our first date next week.
Today I retired my go-to pants, and fit into the same style but 2 sizes smaller! What a great feeling!
I learn so much from your posts.
Happy Weekend!
dmp

Sonyasbug
11-03-2013, 07:54 AM

I work in Groton as well. Do you have a center? Grew up in Ledyard. Moved away for a while but I'm back now.

IdealNewbie-Thanks that was a fancy new dress I got in a little boutique. My dad had asked for a brag picture so that's the one he got. I'm so glad to hear you finally cleaned out your closet. After 100lbs lost it was probably time. Out w the old, making space for the new. I know you'll see a loss soon!

trishthayer
11-03-2013, 07:55 AM
Just had my weigh in and I am down 2.4!!! Yippee!!!! I hope you all have a great OP Sunday!

ReenHag
11-03-2013, 08:40 AM
You are doing great! What did you have at Outback?

Thanks! I just had steak and a double order of steamed broccoli. Yum! Hubby had the smaller steak with grilled shrimp and double grilled asparagus.

Hi!
I'm setting mini goals and am on track to meet my first goal - 20 lbs on the 20th anniversary of our first date next week.
Today I retired my go-to pants, and fit into the same style but 2 sizes smaller! What a great feeling!
Happy Weekend!
dmp

Congrats! That is such a great feeling.

Just had my weigh in and I am down 2.4!!! Yippee!!!! I hope you all have a great OP Sunday!

Yay! Congrats!

I was down about the same this morning, 2.6 pounds. What a great feeling! Enjoy your Sunday, everyone!

dlr9774
11-03-2013, 08:45 AM
Any help on making the IP pancake. I have heard they are good!, but I think I cooked mine to fast/high heat and it turned out like hash. Anyone know if they are good, and what I may have done wrong. :dizzy:

65X65
11-03-2013, 09:07 AM
Outback is one of the original places, esp a chain (..probably THE original) that had a GF menu when my daughter was first diagnosed with celiac, over 10 years ago. It is a great place to get a GF meal and by asking for GF...you are assured there is no food starch used to dust anything (for a crispy optic ..both sugar and flour can be used to create this in the restaurant industry..Ask for GF and sugar free.) OB staff and kitchen pride themselves on the training of their staff, most chain restaurants can not make this claim.

KareVT
11-03-2013, 09:43 AM
Good Morning Everyone! Hope you remembered to fall back and enjoyed an extra hour of sleep or more time to lounge.. Ahh.. Thought I'd enjoy my daily ritual of AM :coffee2: talk with all of you. I just lit a new candle scent form Yankee Candle called Apple Pumpkin and it's making my whole apartment smell super homey and wonderful.. Their candles rock and add a special feel to any home..

I finally cleaned out my closet today...95% is packed and ready to donate :D

IdealProteinNewbie - you must feel so liberated now that you cleaned out your entire closet after losing 100lbs, AMAZING and CONGRATS! And, donating clothes and or any other stuff is a great feeling as well. Don't forget this moment, you've earned it and what a glorious feeling. Now the fun part is to slowly add pieces back in along the way.. Have fun with this! :cloud9:

Deana - I remember this post and what a great NSV - congratulations to You dear IP'er; that is an amazing feeling and, YOU have worked so hard to get here. Congratulations on all of your success and don't look back; it's full steam ahead, you got this! :cp:

Hi!
Happy Weekend!
dmp

dmp005 - Congrats and :wel3fc: Happy to have you join in on the conversation so that we can learn and help you better too. It's such a motivating and awesome feeling to drop sizes; enjoy your journey!

I work in Groton as well. Do you have a center? Grew up in Ledyard. Moved away for a while but I'm back now.

IdealNewbie-Thanks that was a fancy new dress I got in a little boutique. My dad had asked for a brag picture so that's the one he got. I'm so glad to hear you finally cleaned out your closet. After 100lbs lost it was probably time. Out w the old, making space for the new. I know you'll see a loss soon!

Sonyasbug - you look absolutely terrific and happy to hear you got a 'brag' dress, you deserve one or 4, Lol. Your Dad must've been floored when he saw your picture and YOU must feel SO GOOD - WTG!!! :bravo:

WTG trishthayer!! A great loss for you; you too should be very proud. How are you feeling these days? Have a nice sunday, as well. :goodscale:

Thanks! I just had steak and a double order of steamed broccoli. Yum! Hubby had the smaller steak with grilled shrimp and double grilled asparagus.

Congrats! That is such a great feeling.

Yay! Congrats!

I was down about the same this morning, 2.6 pounds. What a great feeling! Enjoy your Sunday, everyone!

Hi ReenHag - you're an inspiration too; what a nice & fast IP journey you have had. Outback sounded like it was a great meal. What are some other tips you can share just on the day to day? Your progress is awesome; you go girl!! :cheer2:

Slipfree
11-03-2013, 11:36 AM
Good morning everyone!

Trish, hurray for your great WI!

Sonya, I go to Weight No Longer in Niantic. It is $$, but I like that they take your blood pressure every time you WI. I like all of the people at the Center. They are even offering a yoga class on Mondays For $5.00. They offer extra classes on incorporating changes into your lifestyle.

Rena,That sounds like a great dinner and OB is another option for eating out. Thanks.

65x65, I am grateful for all the information that you share.

dlr9774, same thing happened to my pancake. Someone suggested very low heat.

Sarahbell, I say keep the pants, you will be in them in no time.

Deana, congrats on the smaller size. Feels so good when clothes fit!

Staying OP for my birthday paid off, the scale is down 2 pounds more today! :)

sarahBell
11-03-2013, 12:27 PM
Thank you all for your advice on the pants. I am going to keep them, I bet they will fit a week or two :) PLus I have zero desire to go to old navy anyways LOL

MntRose
11-03-2013, 01:44 PM
I have the week off from work so between me needing to get an eye exam and glasses before this years insurance runs out and my brother wanting to check the alternator in my car. I will be driving to Denver today before the snow storm that is to hit tonight. Taking a few moments to enjoy my morning and read the weekend thread. I am still struggling a bit to stay 100% everyday, but it is getting better and easier. I do think the Vitamin D is really helping (By the way did you all know yesterday was Vitamin D Day? http://www.vitamindday.net/#home )
I will also be looking for full spectrum light bulbs while I am down in the big city. Also need a pair of size 10 jeans and a pair of 8's to keep me motivated to keep up the good fight. Looking at having a fun few days with my brother and his fiance, I really enjoy her company!

I hope you all have a great OP day and week for that matter, just in case I can't get on as much.
* :hug: to everyone*

ladybugsgrandma
11-03-2013, 02:03 PM
What a gorgeous day! I actually had to turn the heat on for a bit this morning for the first time to take the chill off.

My plans for cleaning out closets will have to wait until next weekend. Instead, I'm sitting with my leg propped up with hubby waiting on me hand and foot! I twisted my already-bad knee Friday and I'm taking it easy so I make it through work this week.

Sooo... I'm going to sit back and sip on my hot tea while I enjoy the sunshine and birds! Hope everyone else's Sunday is this awesome!

IdealProteinNewbie
11-03-2013, 02:13 PM
My coach said she'll have the new ready-to-serve chicken dinner in tomorrow. This is what it said in her email from headquarters:

"America’s favorite staple is sure to be a hit with this delicious combination of moist chicken and bold taste!

This tasty ready-to-eat portion is perfect for dieters on all phases of the diet who are looking for convenience.

With no cooking or refrigeration required plus a shelf life of 3 years, all you need to do is add 2 cups of vegetables for a compliant Ideal Protein dinner portion.

Chicken Dijonnaise is another element of our continuing commitment to support our dieters in Phase 4 (Maintenance), a convenient, sensible choice as part of a healthy lifestyle.

You’ll get maximum amount of protein and minimum amount of calories in this tasty Chicken Breast with Dijonnaise Sauce.

Give it a try and you’ll be hooked!"

Sounds convenient but she said it's pretty high in sodium and cholesterol.

I'm thinking it'll be good in a pinch.

Slipfree
11-03-2013, 02:37 PM
Hi,

Can we have prosciutto on phase 1? Cause the IP cookbook uses t a lot. A great app for the holidays would be prosciutto wrapped fennel or veggie for Tday- grilled asparagus wrapped with prosciutto.

ReenHag
11-03-2013, 02:52 PM
Hi ReenHag - you're an inspiration too; what a nice & fast IP journey you have had. Outback sounded like it was a great meal. What are some other tips you can share just on the day to day? Your progress is awesome; you go girl!! :cheer2:

Thanks! The biggest thing for me, day to day, is to remember why I am doing this and that it is a choice. My daughter will make something at school (she is taking classes in Baking and Pastry) and tell me, "Mom, you can't have it." I remind her that I can have anything I want, but I am CHOOSING to not have certain things now because my health is more important. Also, when that sweet tooth hits, the jicama chips with cinnamon and Splenda really help! So do some of those bars...

I will be driving to Denver today before the snow storm that is to hit tonight. Taking a few moments to enjoy my morning and read the weekend thread.

Have fun and be safe! My dad and step-mom live in CO, in a town called Salida.

My plans for cleaning out closets will have to wait until next weekend. Instead, I'm sitting with my leg propped up with hubby waiting on me hand and foot! I twisted my already-bad knee Friday and I'm taking it easy so I make it through work this week.

Wow, I hope your knee feels better soon! Take it easy and enjoy your day!

Man, this time change plus little throat/cold thing are really throwing me off! I feel like it should be about five o'clock when it is really not even two! Ugh!

65X65
11-03-2013, 03:18 PM
Thanks! The biggest thing for me, day to day, is to remember why I am doing this and that it is a choice. My daughter will make something at school (she is taking classes in Baking and Pastry) and tell me, "Mom, you can't have it." I remind her that I can have anything I want, but I am CHOOSING to not have certain things now because my health is more important. Also, when that sweet tooth hits, the jicama chips with cinnamon and Splenda really help! So do some of those bars...

Reen...good for you! One is only deprived if one allows that to be the overwhelming emotion.
:smug:You should feel SMUG!!!!

KareVT
11-03-2013, 05:18 PM

Man, this time change plus little throat/cold thing are really throwing me off! I feel like it should be about five o'clock when it is really not even two! Ugh!

ReenHag - You're such a great role model, that's terrific! I need to review a recipe on how to make jicama chips, I've never checked those out yet and it's about time. The kale chips are awesome. I've never tried jicama.

Yes, the time change is totally throwing me off too - I keep thinking it's later than it is.

Hoping everyone had a great day!

ReenHag
11-03-2013, 07:31 PM
Reen...good for you! One is only deprived if one allows that to be the overwhelming emotion.
:smug:You should feel SMUG!!!!

Thanks, 65! Not smug, but just keeping it real.

ReenHag - You're such a great role model, that's terrific! I need to review a recipe on how to make jicama chips, I've never checked those out yet and it's about time. The kale chips are awesome. I've never tried jicama.

Yes, the time change is totally throwing me off too - I keep thinking it's later than it is.

Here is how we made jicama chips:
1. Oven at about 375 F (and watch them closely; they brown quickly!)
2. Peel jicama and slice very thin using a mandoline.
3. Cover paking tray with non-stick spray or grapeseed oil.
4. Put jicama slices on tray, close but not overlapping.
5. Brush top of jicama slices with more GS oil.
6. Mix about 1 Tbsp each Spelnda and cinnamon in a small bowl, then dust your chips.
7. Bake until lightly brown, and enjoy! (If I recall, I baked them for about 10-15 minutes.)
8. Go buy more jicama cuz you will want these again tomorrow!

I also made jicama fries (same seasoning, just cut like thin fries...yummm! Also, I get the impression jicama would lend itself to a more savory seasoning, if that is to your liking. Hubby made jicama slaw with raw jicama, broccoli, and cabbage with some mustard, apple cider vinegar, salt, pepper, and caraway seeds. It was quite good with dinner.

Enjoy! Have a good night! I feel that with the time change, I will be in bed by eight!

Renee

sarahBell
11-03-2013, 10:29 PM
Ok tonight I noticed that my calves have shrunk?! My calves use to be so big and my ankles are more defined???

Seriously can this happen??? If so I can buy BOOTS maybe?!

Sonyasbug
11-03-2013, 10:35 PM
Ok tonight I noticed that my calves have shrunk?! My calves use to be so big and my ankles are more defined???

Sure can! I'm wearing "regular" boots this season.

yespositively
11-04-2013, 12:08 AM

sarahBell, this is one of my biggest frustrations with being overweight! I hope they really are shrinking! (and I bet they are :))

MntRose
11-04-2013, 12:36 AM
Have fun and be safe! My dad and step-mom live in CO, in a town called Salida.

Wow, I hope your knee feels better soon! Take it easy and enjoy your day!

Salida is one of the two towns I will drive to if I need some shopping, but don't want to go to the 'big city.' I skirt around it when driving to Denver though. It was a beautiful day for the drive and safely at my brother's house.