Old 11-01-2013, 06:46 PM   #1  

S/C/G: Lost 47 lbsso far

Default so happy I am doing atkins

This thread is to encourage others to stick it out. I'm pleased with my results so far - better energy levels, I look younger and prettier, 20 lbs at my last check 2 weeks ago, (20 lbs in 2 months)
Let me add I have PCOS and losing weight has been so difficult in the past, like pulling teeth. Now its easy (after you past the first 3 weeks).

This diet feels more natural for me. My blood sugar levels "feel" more level.

I have quite a bit more fat to lose but I'm encouraged. I'm not craving carbs at all. I might want a starch but dont crave it... if you understand what i mean?

I plan to continue going and I'm encouraging everyone else who's on this journey to keep going.
jenngold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 09:40 AM   #2  
Sue finding inner song

S/C/G: 313.4/298.2/160

Height: 5' 4" 3/4

Jenngold... good for you! Atkins way of life has always been "easy" for me as my mind and body just work with it and like it. I do have cravings and that just happens (memories affect taste buds I swear).... but just eating this way is sorta natural and is not hard work... and for you to lose 20 lbs in 2 months! WOW.. That is AWESOME! smaller clothes sizes too I bet!

Very happy for you to find what you and your body can live with!
wannaskipandlaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 01:40 PM   #3  

I am on day 5, and I have lost 5 pounds so far. I have been surprised at how semi easy it is (I am getting a bit tired of eggs). I still have cravings - but when I think about how bad it would throw me off, they go away.

One thing I can't shake is the constant headaches. I have been drinking 1/2 c. broth in the morning and evening, and that helps.

This is my first time on this type of diet. I NEVER thought I would try it. My Dr suggested a low carb diet, and everything I read pointed to Atkins. I'm glad I tried it.
JBeaty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 03:28 PM   #4  
Battling Binge Eating

S/C/G: 228/179/150

Height: 5'5 1/2

Wow, JBeaty, way to go. I understand the issue with eggs, getting tired of them. I've done Atkins before and I go in cycles of being able to enjoy eggs and then being sick of them. I broke the egg habit for breakfast a while ago, I found leftovers from the night before, or a homemade burger, actually is more satisfying for me.

Headaches, some people experience them, sever ones I'm read. I had a slight headache the first day or so but more noticeable was the being tired or just out of it. I upped my protien, had a protien type snack before bed, and admit I took Tylenol. The protien at night helped me more than anything, I was waking up feeling yucky and a slight headache or upset stomach..it helped til I could eat again.
mainecyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 04:46 PM   #5  

Great thread! You all need to keep this support and sharing going strong...it really will help.

I've been on A's program for 6 years in March and wouldn't give it up for anything in the world. I planned the first sugar treat I've had in almost 2 years for Halloween this year and I suffered for that. I won't do that again...just not worth how bad it made me feel.

I've wandered up the scale a wee bit the last couple of months but we leave for Arizona in one month and that really gives me incentive to get back on track. I find if I keep my 'fats' up rather than my protein it makes it much easier to get by. Now and then (seldom) if I find myself feeling like eating all day long I take 2 tablespoons of Olive oil and take it straight, it calms me and I can regroup. This is called a high fat diet but I don't eat nearly the fats I used to eat in my past life.........I just eat better fats and safer fats with no sweets included.

Keep going ladies........I tell you it's wonderful on this end.......my closet is full of new clothes I've collected over the last 6 years and I just can't believe how much fun it all is. I wish it for all of you too!
Timlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 05:48 AM   #6  

S/C/G: Lost 47 lbsso far

I am down 31lbs now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 I still cant believe it, a little under 3mths. Exercise is still walking most days for abt 20 mins in intervals. I'm still on induction but it doesnt feel like a diet really, its a habit now except for the only drinking water part.

I am so grateful to have found this diet for correcting insulin resistance (pcos) without meds. i plan to start weight training next month when i should have more help with the babies.

let's all just keep on going. I'm 10 lbs away from my first mini goal.
jenngold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 12:27 PM   #7  

Congratulations on your success! I just wish we could convine more people to give LC a try for they are finding it helps with many conditions and diseases.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 12:30 AM   #8  
Beautiful, Sexy, Skinny

S/C/G: 320/Ticker/200

Height: 5'10

:: Jen!

Any LC/low starch/low dairy diet is recommended for PCOS since gluten/wheat, dairy and soy are our three inflammatory triggers; they can also make our symptoms worse. I'm so glad you love atkins and keep on truckin!!!
SMSDREAMER2007 is offline   Reply With Quote