Metabolic Research Center - MRC November 2013

View Full Version : MRC November 2013

MarleneV
11-01-2013, 08:44 AM
Thought I would start this month's thread off.

Hope everyone has a successful month!

Going4Fit
11-01-2013, 11:08 AM
My kids came home from the Harvest Carnival with 3 pounds of candy - all of it the good chocolate fun sized bars and stuff too! Since I'm no longer on plan, I picked out one fun sized 3 musketeers and made sure to log it. Yummy, but no more for me. Candy is now in my husband's closet. Feels so good to be in control!

100% in control during the month of October. November here I come!

Chocolate PB2 oatmeal for breakfast with a serving of fruit. Now on to my exercise bike before the kiddos wake up and wonder where all their candy went!

CelticHarpie
11-01-2013, 12:51 PM
I went in to my center last night and I'm down another pound. My total inches lost so far is 23.75 in two months, or as my coworker said, "you've lost nearly two feet." That's a great way to put it into context.

I also got complemented by two coworkers (one male, even) on how much weight I've lost and my counselor at the center uttered disbelief when she asked my age and I had to admit I was 40.

So while I wish I was down 25 instead of 21 lbs, I'm glad that the results are showing in other ways as well as on the scale.

patzi
11-01-2013, 01:52 PM
I went in to my center last night and I'm down another pound. My total inches lost so far is 23.75 in two months, or as my coworker said, "you've lost nearly two feet." That's a great way to put it into context.

I also got complemented by two coworkers (one male, even) on how much weight I've lost and my counselor at the center uttered disbelief when she asked my age and I had to admit I was 40.

So while I wish I was down 25 instead of 21 lbs, I'm glad that the results are showing in other ways as well as on the scale.

Congratulations to you.. You are doing real well.. I always felt fantastic when my inches were coming off, also.

Patzi

patzi
11-01-2013, 01:58 PM
Going 4 Fit...

Good for you.. You have a great attitude and will do well.

I have a challenge tomorrow..Having friends over for pizza . Well, that is a trigger food for me, so I will not eat that, which is no problem.. I will make a huge Greek salad to go with pizza, and I will eat the salad with a glass of wine.

Here is the challenge.. All the snacks and dips that I serve with drinks before the pizzas.. I know I won't have any, but it is a challenge.. If there are any snacks left over, I will pack up and give to someone to take home, and I know that will not be a problem, someone always will take . I don't tempt myself by keeping that food in the house. I am weak, and why tempt myself, so better to give away.

Also, gave the rest of candy away that was left from Halloween. One of my biggest triggers is chocolate, and I can't eat one piece, I would have to eat the whole bowl or bag, so I don't tempt myself at home..

Wishing y'all a great November with great losses.

Patzi

SMSDREAMER2007
11-01-2013, 09:23 PM
Wtg patzi....knowing your triggers and sticking to them! Wish I could, doing better this time though.

Yay on the losses celtic!!

Wel ive had to go back to the pre conditioning menu, the 200 grams of protein they had me on a day is and was not doing well with me; ive been having bathroom issues for 2 days and am always hungry.

aschooley29
11-01-2013, 10:06 PM
I helped my daughter make a Halloween cake for the family. She did an awesome job. I am very proud to say that I did not have any of the cake last night. I was gone all day, when I came home the cake was GONE!! I do not know how my teenage son can eat more than 1/2 a cake in one day!! He won't even gain a pound. I would have gained 10 and died of a sugar overdose!! ;) Hope everyone has a good weekend.

aschooley29
11-01-2013, 10:41 PM
What do you ladies think about this:

http://www.krdo.com/news/health/study-women-with-big-butts-are-healthier/-/477210/22733108/-/9r4ercz/-/index.html

MarleneV
11-02-2013, 12:44 AM
What do you ladies think about this:

http://www.krdo.com/news/health/study-women-with-big-butts-are-healthier/-/477210/22733108/-/9r4ercz/-/index.html

One of the comments mentions that likely it doesn't mean of the size in the photo.

I think if comparing two people of the same weight, carrying the weight in ones butt is better than belly weight. But, am I healthier at 129(ish) compared to 204(+ as I was higher than this a few months before starting MRC)? Definitely YES!

MarleneV
11-02-2013, 12:55 AM
Picked out a new coat today! None of the coats I own fit anymore. Now, honestly, it seems silly to buy a coat when it was 82 here today. But I've been looking for a couple of weeks, and hadn't found anything I liked. And, I don't need a coat very often here, but there are some days when I need one, plus we are going to Colorado for Thanksgiving, and I definitely will need it there. Anyway, it's a cute Calvin Klein black coat with faux leather trim and off-center zip. I love it!

I sent a photo to my husband to see what he thought. He was meeting with his business partner, whom I haven't seen since before I started MRC (we just don't see each other often). Anyway, when he told her what I was doing, she wanted to see, and completely didn't recognize me! The other cool thing is that even he says he's surprised when he sees photos or even sees me because of the change...

As to my old coats/jackets, some jackets fit my husband, and are unisex. My old dress coat should fit my mom, if she wants it. If not, any extra are going to a drive our local chamber has each year to collect coats for the homeless.

MarleneV
11-02-2013, 01:00 AM
I helped my daughter make a Halloween cake for the family. She did an awesome job. I am very proud to say that I did not have any of the cake last night. I was gone all day, when I came home the cake was GONE!! I do not know how my teenage son can eat more than 1/2 a cake in one day!! He won't even gain a pound. I would have gained 10 and died of a sugar overdose!! ;) Hope everyone has a good weekend.

GOOD JOB on avoiding the cake! Teenage boys are like that.

Have a good weekend yourself! We are going to go on a short trip this weekend, going to a trade show for my husband, and staying at a B&B. They are having a wild game dinner in town as well, so we are going to that. Should be interesting. Expect lots of meat, hoping for some veggies or salad...

patzi
11-02-2013, 08:00 AM

Great job staying on program.. Pat yourself on the back.. Teenagers have something I think I lost a long time ago.. LOL...

Wishing you all a great weeekend and great weigh ins.

Patzi

aschooley29
11-02-2013, 01:31 PM
GOOD JOB on avoiding the cake! Teenage boys are like that.

Have a good weekend yourself! We are going to go on a short trip this weekend, going to a trade show for my husband, and staying at a B&B. They are having a wild game dinner in town as well, so we are going to that. Should be interesting. Expect lots of meat, hoping for some veggies or salad...

Have fun this weekend. You deserve it, you have done wonderful. Enjoy your new coat (well when the weather gets cold). I can't wait to buy new clothes once I am my new size!!

JenB72
11-02-2013, 02:12 PM
So excited! Dropped another jean size today. Back down to an 8. :cheer:

patzi
11-02-2013, 04:50 PM

Fantastic Jen.. You are doing so well.. Happy for you.

Patzi

aschooley29
11-02-2013, 04:52 PM

Great Job!! Keep up the good work!! :carrot:

MarleneV
11-02-2013, 09:10 PM
WTG Jen! So exciting, isn't it?

Going4Fit
11-03-2013, 04:55 PM
Wow everyone is doing so well. So encouraging reading your successes during this season of ridiculous overindulgence. Congrats to all of you with your new sizes and new clothes - so fun!

I survived my grandmothers visit. I did end up doing my Friday workout in the evening after I'd taken her to the airport instead of in the morning as usual since I just couldn't stand being picked on about my weight/exercise habits one more time. Ugh. Do any of you have slender friends - the kind of people who never struggle with their weight but are always the same size? I wonder if they get picked on as much as dieters do.

Well Sundays are a bit troublesome for me. Everyone is home and lazing around all day, which tends to lead to a snacking mentality. My solution is to stay busy. I made my big salad as soon as I got home from church, and now I'm going to upload the photos from my grandma's visit and get an order ready to send her copies. I need to bake bread for the family for the week, and clean up from the holiday bazaar my daughter's participated in yesterday. Maybe we could go for a drive later.

Keep up the good work everyone!

aschooley29
11-03-2013, 07:20 PM
Wow everyone is doing so well. So encouraging reading your successes during this season of ridiculous overindulgence. Congrats to all of you with your new sizes and new clothes - so fun!

I survived my grandmothers visit. I did end up doing my Friday workout in the evening after I'd taken her to the airport instead of in the morning as usual since I just couldn't stand being picked on about my weight/exercise habits one more time. Ugh. Do any of you have slender friends - the kind of people who never struggle with their weight but are always the same size? I wonder if they get picked on as much as dieters do.

Well Sundays are a bit troublesome for me. Everyone is home and lazing around all day, which tends to lead to a snacking mentality. My solution is to stay busy. I made my big salad as soon as I got home from church, and now I'm going to upload the photos from my grandma's visit and get an order ready to send her copies. I need to bake bread for the family for the week, and clean up from the holiday bazaar my daughter's participated in yesterday. Maybe we could go for a drive later.

I am sorry that your grandma is being a fuddie duddie. You should be proud of yourself for stick with what you know is right. One of my best friends is thin naturally, and I do not think they get picked on as much. People see their size and think whatever they are doing its working. She tries to give me support but she can't truly be empathetic because she has never had a weight problem, even after she gave birth, she was right back in her normal clothes.

aschooley29
11-03-2013, 09:25 PM
Has anyone experienced muscle fatigue? That is the best way I can describe it. My muscles feel tired like I have been running a marathon. Not all of the time, but enough to notice.

Going4Fit
11-04-2013, 11:48 AM
Has anyone experienced muscle fatigue? That is the best way I can describe it. My muscles feel tired like I have been running a marathon. Not all of the time, but enough to notice.
Hee hee - I have! When I was pregnant! It was one of the signs I learned to recognize, even before I missed my period.

I can't remember experiencing it on program. I know when I was in deep ketosis I was cold all the time. And I know the entire program I had low blood pressure and was often a bit faint, especially if I tried to add exercise to the program (well, more than the required 15 minutes of mild exercise 3x/week). Only answer I ever got from the center was to drink more HNS's. I ended up adding an iron supplement to my vitamins and now that I'm doing program on my own I upped the carbs so that I can do intense exercise.

gumdropmom
11-04-2013, 12:14 PM

Going 4 Fit - Sundays are indeed HARD! All I want to do is nap and eat! We typically go out to eat after church then head home to rest and relax with NFL. Yesterday all I wanted to do was snack...something I simply have not been doing for the past four months. But I literally wanted to eat ALL DAY. Fourtunately, I picked a couple things to set out for a snack even though my brain knew I didn't need them. When the urge was overwhelming, I grabbed a handful of almonds then not long after I grabbed an apple. A victory considering the cookie jar is full, the kids all brought home candy bars galore after all their respective fall events, and I happen to have a few great leftovers in the fridge. As of this morning, I have maintained and am actually down a lb since Friday.

I was at an event with my mother-in-law the other day and as we were walking out, she told me I've lost too much weight - too skinny. She didn't say "you look great"...just that I've lost too much. Imagine her look when I told her my goal is another 24 lbs - I'm only half way. She said I was crazy. I just had to brush it off. My goal isn't skinny, but rather healthy and fit and comfortable in clothes! Doesn't matter what anyone else thinks I look like - at my top weight I felt miserable with myself. Not anymore!

I am also pretty much off plan. Can't afford it and too concerned with using ketosis as a weight loss method because of the after affects of not being able to maintain. I'm cool with a lb a week if it means maintaining with a healthy lifestyle...being able to enjoy a treat from time to time without fear of the weight returning fast. We had a very special day the other day and ate at Spaghetti Factory. I wrestled and wrested in my brain and then my husband simply said...order and eat what you want! So, I ordered my usual favorite indulgence - manager's special - pasta with two sauces. I ordered angel hair with brown butter and mazithera and angel hair with meat sauce. I ate some bread, olive tapenade, salad with balsalmic on the side...oh my I enjoyed it. But you know what...I could only eat about half! I slid the rest over to my husband who lapped it up (and he has a crazy high metabolism!). Why do I share this? I felt victorious recognizing that I'd seriously eaten enough. I could put my fork down and not just keep consuming food just because it was there. THAT is what I'm ultimately going for...total mindset change and recognizing the need to satisfy hunger vs. eating for gluttony. I have a feeling my saturday indulgence was the reason for my Sunday non-stop munchies. But...I did well over all....I think :) This week I will stick to healthy and not stray too far. It's all about the food choices for me. Making wise ones and keeping up with my workouts. If the food gets out of control and I don't make myself put the time in on the treadmill or outside...the weight will not come off. I feel like I'm at a good place right now...regardless what others tell me.

Oh...and in recent weeks I've had at least 20 people ask if I've changed my hair or got new glasses. I smile and tell them I've not changed anything except gotten 23 lbs lighter! THEN they realized THAT'S what it is!!!! Funny.

patzi
11-05-2013, 12:42 PM
I had maintenance weigh in this morning and stayed the same. I am 5 pounds under goal.. Until after New Years I will get weighed in weekly vs. every other week to keep me focused .

Hope you are all having a good week.

Gumdropmom... I have never had to use ketosis as a weight loss tool while doing MRC..Are you talking about MRC or Adkins? Ketosis was never mentioned to me in all the time I was on weight loss.. If it had, I would have rejected it. I used the menus only. Eating heathy and wise choices as you mentioned is the way to go.. Good luck...

Patzi

JenB72
11-05-2013, 01:19 PM
Weighed in today and maintained which I'm thrilled about. We had a birthday dinner for my husband on Sunday. Nothing changed for me except I had a slice of birthday cake (after taking Fat & Carb blockers). I was well aware (not emotional eating) and treated the moment as I would on maintenance. It wasn't license to eat whatever. I stayed completely on plan otherwise. I know it's thrown me out of ketosis for about 3 days, so that's all the more reason to stick with my eating plan so I get there in the minimum amount of time and back to losing weight. The fact is, I've been on plan for so long without cheating, that the only way I can put it is that my body did not like the cake one iota. That one piece made me so sick to my stomach that it cured any other sweets craving I could have dreamt of. Quite frankly, I don't want to stray off plan just because of that alone.

gumdropmom
11-05-2013, 01:24 PM
I had maintenance weigh in this morning and stayed the same. I am 5 pounds under goal.. Until after New Years I will get weighed in weekly vs. every other week to keep me focused .

Hope you are all having a good week.

Gumdropmom... I have never had to use ketosis as a weight loss tool while doing MRC..Are you talking about MRC or Adkins? Ketosis was never mentioned to me in all the time I was on weight loss.. If it had, I would have rejected it. I used the menus only. Eating heathy and wise choices as you mentioned is the way to go.. Good luck...

Patzi

Hi Patzi,

The MRC I go to talks of ketosis all the time. I know my body went into ketosis when I first started with the HNS and using the menus. I didn't feel good...lower back (kidneys) hurt and I just felt sluggish. The weight was coming off...but I felt sick. So...I've just been doing things my way pretty much and losing at a slower pace, but I level off and may have a day or so 'off program' but those days I don't gain. It seems like if you put yourself into ketosis with the diet, the slightest thing that throws you out of ketosis also puts weight on you. I don't like that way of living. I want to eat healthy daily, exercise without fear of passing out, and if I'm truly hungry, I want to eat a health snack. So...I'm using the principles of the program...higher protein, lower carbs, minimal sugar and sodium...just not interested in staying in ketosis. I had such high ketones for three weeks in a row I just didn't feel like I was safe :( So, yes...ketosis was definitely promoted in my foods class, and it is mentioned when I go in.

SMSDREAMER2007
11-05-2013, 04:34 PM
Patzi-the whole mrc program is a ketogenic program, thats how the fat melts away so fast.

Gumdrop, you must be in the northwest! (Spaghetti factory is the hint). I too had bad bad issues on mrc after only 2 days. I am having to tweak it a lot, im using the general food list, but changing it to give me more carbs/fiber and more calories with less hns.

My weigh in is tomorrow, sadly becauae of my schedule and having a sick dog I had taco bell yesterday and my sodium is inexplicably high today (my bloid pressure has been crazy high the last 2 times ive been in and I am sodium sensative, it makes me hold water like crazy) so we will see what the scale says :/

aschooley29
11-06-2013, 09:21 AM
Hello Ladies, I weighed in yesterday and did not have as big of a loss only 1 pound. I was hoping for more but a 1 pound loss is better than a gain.

As a side note if you go to Dairy Queen and order a grilled chicken salad you have to say, "no bacon". I ordered one and there was more bacon on the salad than chicken...not to mention the huge amount of cheese.

Going4Fit
11-06-2013, 02:38 PM
Weighed in at my bi-weekly physical trainers appointment today and am down 3.5 lbs. Not the four I expected so I'm disappointed. According to the calories I've tracked during exercise with the heart rate monitor and with my food intake on MyFitnessPal, I should have technically had more than two pounds a week loss and I got less. Guess the body does what it wants and I've got to just keep plugging along. A loss is a loss and I'll take it. Just doing a whole heck of a lot of work here!

By the way, the first time I went to the trainer I weighed in at 139 pounds and she did my measurements and used the calipers to get my body fat percentage. My short term goal is to get back to 139 and do the measurements again to see if I'm at a lower body fat percentage at the same weight. That would mean I've gained muscle with all this hard work and that would be really encouraging. Fingers crossed! At this rate, 139 pounds is still two months out, so lots of work to do between now and then.

Stay strong everyone!

SMSDREAMER2007
11-06-2013, 03:40 PM
Weighed in, only down a lb meh. As aschooly said, a loss is a loss though so ill take it!

skelley331
11-06-2013, 04:08 PM
Weighed in at my bi-weekly physical trainers appointment today and am down 3.5 lbs. Not the four I expected so I'm disappointed. According to the calories I've tracked during exercise with the heart rate monitor and with my food intake on MyFitnessPal, I should have technically had more than two pounds a week loss and I got less. Guess the body does what it wants and I've got to just keep plugging along. A loss is a loss and I'll take it. Just doing a whole heck of a lot of work here!

By the way, the first time I went to the trainer I weighed in at 139 pounds and she did my measurements and used the calipers to get my body fat percentage. My short term goal is to get back to 139 and do the measurements again to see if I'm at a lower body fat percentage at the same weight. That would mean I've gained muscle with all this hard work and that would be really encouraging. Fingers crossed! At this rate, 139 pounds is still two months out, so lots of work to do between now and then.

Stay strong everyone!

Going4fit: That is awesome the 3.5 lbs in two weeks, that's 1 3/4 lbs a week. And all the exercising you are doing you are right you could be gaining muscle which is good also! Keep up the good work, you are worth it. I see all the calories you are burning and wow!!! I don't like or care to exercise that much but I am older and my walking is good for me. Plus I do a lot of outside work, going into the winter my husband and I have been getting firewood ready so in about a week or so I will be helping him split wood, that will burn some calories!!! :carrot:

aschooley29
11-06-2013, 04:34 PM
Weighed in, only down a lb meh. As aschooly said, a loss is a loss though so ill take it!

We can do this!! One pound at a time!! :)

SMSDREAMER2007
11-06-2013, 08:54 PM
We can do this!! One pound at a time!! :)

Yes we can!

Going4Fit
11-07-2013, 11:17 AM
I'm sorry everyone, I know I get whiny. I come here hoping it's a safe place to vent.

One of the things my grandma kept harping on me about while she was here was that I wouldn't be able to maintain a lower weight. Well the fact is, I haven't been able to maintain a higher weight either! I'm either going up or I'm going down. If I have to control my diet either way, I'd rather do it for the lower weight, because then I look nice in clothes (space between my thighs and no muffin top)!

So keeping in mind that for me if I'm not losing than I'm gaining, then a one pound loss a week loss represents more than that. It represents not gaining two to five pounds and being even farther away from my goal. And that is definitely something to be grateful for.

Lady67
11-07-2013, 12:04 PM
I'm sorry everyone, I know I get whiny. I come here hoping it's a safe place to vent.

One of the things my grandma kept harping on me about while she was here was that I wouldn't be able to maintain a lower weight. Well the fact is, I haven't been able to maintain a higher weight either! I'm either going up or I'm going down. If I have to control my diet either way, I'd rather do it for the lower weight, because then I look nice in clothes (space between my thighs and no muffin top)!

So keeping in mind that for me if I'm not losing than I'm gaining, then a one pound loss a week loss represents more than that. It represents not gaining two to five pounds and being even farther away from my goal. And that is definitely something to be grateful for.

Don't worry about being "whiney" I get that way, and I am sure others do too. We joined the forum because we need support. We also need to vent at times.

And I will be honest, if I am going to whine, (which I know I have done in the past and will in the future) I need to be supportive of others that need to also!!! :p

patzi
11-07-2013, 12:43 PM
Going 4 fit..

No need to apologize about whining.. I have done it many times in the past.

As far as anyone telling you ,you would not be able to maintain a lower weight, well, from experience, I will tell you that is not true.

I reached my goal, and I needed a buffer, so wanted to go 5 pounds under goal, and the center said, choice was mine.. I heard over and over again from friends and clients of MRC, it took you forever to reach goal( I am a slow loser), why not just stay where you are, as you will not be able to maintain anytihing lower than your goal. It did take me forever to lose the additional 5 pounds after I reached goal, as it was 2-3 weeks with no loss, then .2 loss, and small losses, but I eventually made it, and am so happy, as I feel more in control now when I go out. And that is good for me. I am the only one that counts here, as I am doing the hard work to get it off and maintain it.

Do whatever you feel comfortable doing. Only you will know what you can and cannot do. I found that out . I just had to stop listening to other people. One of my family said, you better be careful taking more weight off, you will become sick.. Really????? I learned to ignore ..

I wish you luck no matter where you want to be weight wise, remember, this is about you and no one else, and again, vent anytime you want . This forum is support for everyone.

Patzi

lovetofishandrun
11-07-2013, 09:14 PM
I haven't posted in a while. I have been on maintenance for about a year. In the last 5 months I've lost 7 inches and 2.5 lbs. so I am doing okay. I agree with Patzi - this is your journey and you will encounter more negative people than positive people. And you will probably find that most of the people that discourage you are insecure in their own skin. Good luck to everyone and hope you all have a great weekend.

Lettergirl74
11-07-2013, 09:41 PM
Yes. I find that some people act like they are happy for you when you are doing good with your healthy eating & weight loss, but then they attempt to sabotage your efforts. I am not going to let them. I am in charge of my body & my eating. You should hear some of my co-workers when they see me mix my super veggie drink mix & HNS with water at lunch. Lol!

patzi
11-08-2013, 07:38 AM
I haven't posted in a while. I have been on maintenance for about a year. In the last 5 months I've lost 7 inches and 2.5 lbs. so I am doing okay. I agree with Patzi - this is your journey and you will encounter more negative people than positive people. And you will probably find that most of the people that discourage you are insecure in their own skin. Good luck to everyone and hope you all have a great weekend.

Nice to hear from you....

Patzi

patzi
11-08-2013, 07:43 AM
From y'all that were once on Weight Watchers will remember this breakfast. It is WW version of cheese danish..

Please, make this work for your plan.I am on maintenance , but I believe this is acceptable on Meta Slim,but do not recall.

lightly toast whole wheat bread, or whatever bread you eat. I used the 40 calorie whole wheat bread.

On top of that put 4 oz. of FF cottage cheese.. Sprinkle on that cinnamon, or this morning I used pumpkin spice, and some sweetner, or jam..I used liquid stevia and a dab of homemade sugar free jam.

Broil until cheese melts and becomes a bit bubbly.

Patzi

aschooley29
11-08-2013, 09:14 AM
From y'all that were once on Weight Watchers will remember this breakfast. It is WW version of cheese danish..

Please, make this work for your plan.I am on maintenance , but I believe this is acceptable on Meta Slim,but do not recall.

lightly toast whole wheat bread, or whatever bread you eat. I used the 40 calorie whole wheat bread.

On top of that put 4 oz. of FF cottage cheese.. Sprinkle on that cinnamon, or this morning I used pumpkin spice, and some sweetner, or jam..I used liquid stevia and a dab of homemade sugar free jam.

Broil until cheese melts and becomes a bit bubbly.

Patzi

sounds yummy...thanks

Going4Fit
11-09-2013, 01:00 PM
...I was at an event with my mother-in-law the other day and as we were walking out, she told me I've lost too much weight - too skinny. She didn't say "you look great"...just that I've lost too much. Imagine her look when I told her my goal is another 24 lbs - I'm only half way. She said I was crazy. I just had to brush it off. My goal isn't skinny, but rather healthy and fit and comfortable in clothes! Doesn't matter what anyone else thinks I look like - at my top weight I felt miserable with myself. Not anymore

Yeah I got grief from my mother-in-law too when I got down to goal. I wonder why people think it's okay to comment on other people's weight? My neighbor friend is the worst. She tells me she's always around 140 and complains all the time about wanting to lose five to ten pounds. But if I'm at 140 than according to her I'm too skinny and too hard on myself. So it's okay for her to be thin but not me is the message I get. She has a knack for "complimenting" me when I gain the weight back. So tacky. I had people wonder if I was sick, etc. Just gotta shrug it all off. I loved how 125 lbs felt and I will be getting there again, or actually should be higher this time if I am successful at building muscle. I'm sure working hard for it. Gotta hit the gym again today - waiting for my brother to wake up so he can watch the kids so I can go.

I'm amazed at your control at the Spaghetti Factory trip. See, that's something I still cannot do. I measure and weigh everything or I pig out. Can't seem to find that intuitive eating where I know when I've had enough and stop myself. When I went out to eat with my grandma while she was here, the restaurant had calories posted of all the meals. Nothing under 1000 calories once you included the sides, so I finally picked what seemed the most sensible, gave away the roll that came with it, and told myself I'd only eat half. I ate very slowly and enjoyed every bite, but ended up eating it all and wanted more. (Yes, I know the trick where you have the waitress box up half immediately and should have done it). I'd eaten lightly all day so I had the calories to spare, but I was still disappointed in myself. Just don't feel normal that I have this seemingly bottomless appetite and don't get sick from overindulging.

By the way, aren't ketones present in your system as a result of your body metabolizing stored body fat? So anytime you're losing weight, there should be ketones. I wonder what the difference is between being in a ketogenic weight loss state instead of a straight caloric burn. First time I heard that idea was from a counselor during my stabilization period - said their program had revved up my metabolism and that the stabilization period was for taking my body out of a ketogenic state and into a straight caloric burn. I had no idea what she was talking about. She said "Oh you didn't go to the class at the beginning of your program where we explain all about that". No, I hadn't. So I went to the very next one. Nothing. Anybody understand it?

Going4Fit
11-09-2013, 01:07 PM
Going 4 fit..

No need to apologize about whining.. I have done it many times in the past.

As far as anyone telling you ,you would not be able to maintain a lower weight, well, from experience, I will tell you that is not true.

I reached my goal, and I needed a buffer, so wanted to go 5 pounds under goal, and the center said, choice was mine.. I heard over and over again from friends and clients of MRC, it took you forever to reach goal( I am a slow loser), why not just stay where you are, as you will not be able to maintain anytihing lower than your goal. It did take me forever to lose the additional 5 pounds after I reached goal, as it was 2-3 weeks with no loss, then .2 loss, and small losses, but I eventually made it, and am so happy, as I feel more in control now when I go out. And that is good for me. I am the only one that counts here, as I am doing the hard work to get it off and maintain it.

Do whatever you feel comfortable doing. Only you will know what you can and cannot do. I found that out . I just had to stop listening to other people. One of my family said, you better be careful taking more weight off, you will become sick.. Really????? I learned to ignore ..

I wish you luck no matter where you want to be weight wise, remember, this is about you and no one else, and again, vent anytime you want . This forum is support for everyone.

Patzi

Thanks for this Patzi. It's so true. There are indeed people who suffer from eating disorders and need interventions. I suppose people need to be watchful and concerned for loved ones. I should be grateful for the interest of people who really do care about me, and not let the others get to me.

patzi
11-09-2013, 01:08 PM
Last night I had a chocolate craving.. Sooo, I figured it was either the Cocoa, which did not appeal to me, or the pudding, but that did nothing for me, so I came up with this..

I am eating this as I am on maintenance, but , you may be able to fit this into your diet in one way or another or by substitution. I never ate peanut butter while dieting, as it was a bad trigger food for me, plus not sure it was on the meta slim diet, I doubt it. Now I indulge on occasion in small amounts.

I never eat fruit at night as it makes me crave like crazy, but adding the fat from peanut butter curbed that and it worked out nicely.

I cup up banana slices and put low fat peanut butter between them. Put them in freezer for about 1 hour or so.

Take out of freezer and cover them in sugar free chocolate syrup and put back in the freezer for another 2-3 hours...

They are really good.

Patzi

aschooley29
11-09-2013, 02:03 PM
Last night I had a chocolate craving.. Sooo, I figured it was either the Cocoa, which did not appeal to me, or the pudding, but that did nothing for me, so I came up with this..

I am eating this as I am on maintenance, but , you may be able to fit this into your diet in one way or another or by substitution. I never ate peanut butter while dieting, as it was a bad trigger food for me, plus not sure it was on the meta slim diet, I doubt it. Now I indulge on occasion in small amounts.

I never eat fruit at night as it makes me crave like crazy, but adding the fat from peanut butter curbed that and it worked out nicely.

I cup up banana slices and put low fat peanut butter between them. Put them in freezer for about 1 hour or so.

Take out of freezer and cover them in sugar free chocolate syrup and put back in the freezer for another 2-3 hours...

They are really good.

Patzi

I have had these before and they are wonderful!! Wish I could have them now but it is not on the plan :( What are everybody's plans for food for Thanksgiving. I could use ideas. I don't want to go off plan but I also want to have something good.

FetchLizzie
11-09-2013, 06:40 PM
Hi Everyone - been quite a while since I have posted on this site. I was on MRC in the past and will be rejoining on Monday. It just seemed to be the one that worked for me when I followed the program. Just wanted to stop by and say hello!

patzi
11-10-2013, 06:49 AM
Hi Everyone - been quite a while since I have posted on this site. I was on MRC in the past and will be rejoining on Monday. It just seemed to be the one that worked for me when I followed the program. Just wanted to stop by and say hello!

Welcome . MRC does definately work if one follows the program. Want to wish you the best in your new challenge.

Patzi

patzi
11-10-2013, 09:23 AM
aschooley29

I go to friends for Thanksgiving as I have no family here in the South. All up North. I stay over, and I always bring something like the following recipe for breakfast because while losing weight, never ate those breakfast casseroles that were not on plan, or danish, coffee cake with icing or bagels, etc... I always brought the following dish and I would have a slice of this with an HNS and that kept me on program as best as I could with a good choice.

You can alter this to the MRC plan you are on.

SPINACH CASSEROLE.
1 pkg. frozen spinach, chopped, thawed and well drained
16 oz. fat free cottage cheese
1 cup shredded fat free cheddar cheese( you can use mozzarella or any fat
free cheese of your choice)
1/2 cup egg substitute.

Mix all together and then bake in a square pan sprayed with Pam for one hour
on 350 degrees

Spices of your choice.

Cut into 4 servings FREEZES VERY WELL.. I always have a version of this in
the freezer as there are days, don't feel like fussing over breakfast. This is a large serving. I usually cut mine into 6 slices..

Being on maintenance I have this with turkey bacon or with turkey sausage, which I will do day after Thanksgiving. Does not bother me watching others eat all the foods that got me fat in the first place. One lesson I learned while on MRC.. Don't feel sorry for myself because I will not eat the foods others are.

Other veggies of your choice may be used.

Hope others share Thanksgiving menus that are on plan. I am very interested.

Patzi

skelley331
11-10-2013, 10:22 AM
Weighed in yesterday at the Center and was down 1.5 lbs yay!! I started maintenance jan 4th 2013, gained 15 lbs back but now i'm doing calories in calories out using my fitbit flex and have for a month now, it's working!! I still drink the peach mango HNS's because I love the flavor and it's low cal and high protein!! I have 12lbs to lose to get back to my goal weight! Its slowly but surely coming off and that's okay!! :carrot:

patzi
11-10-2013, 05:43 PM
Weighed in yesterday at the Center and was down 1.5 lbs yay!! I started maintenance jan 4th 2013, gained 15 lbs back but now i'm doing calories in calories out using my fitbit flex and have for a month now, it's working!! I still drink the peach mango HNS's because I love the flavor and it's low cal and high protein!! I have 12lbs to lose to get back to my goal weight! Its slowly but surely coming off and that's okay!! :carrot:

Skelley.. So happy for you. It may be coming off slowly, but that is fine, it will eventually all be off.. It really will.

I sometimes have the HNS .. I like mine in LaCroix, Coconut Sparkling Water with lots of ice...

Keep up the good work.
Patzi

skelley331
11-10-2013, 07:43 PM
Skelley.. So happy for you. It may be coming off slowly, but that is fine, it will eventually all be off.. It really will.

I sometimes have the HNS .. I like mine in LaCroix, Coconut Sparkling Water with lots of ice...

Keep up the good work.
Patzi

thank you patzi, yes it will come off, i'm being patient!! :carrot:

aschooley29
11-11-2013, 09:53 AM
I just weighed in and I am down 3 lbs this week!! :carrot: I think I will actually make my goal of 20lbs by Thanksgiving!!! 13 down....7 to go

patzi
11-11-2013, 05:25 PM
I just weighed in and I am down 3 lbs this week!! :carrot: I think I will actually make my goal of 20lbs by Thanksgiving!!! 13 down....7 to go

Way to go... That is a great weigh loss... I am happy for you..

Patzi

CelticHarpie
11-11-2013, 11:05 PM
Went into the center today after not having been in for over a week. Am up 2lbs and I'm incredibly frustrated. I'm tired of having the same food over and over. School is stressing me out and I'm just exhausted. Don't have the heart to change my ticker back to 187 :(

patzi
11-12-2013, 01:12 PM
I had maintenance weigh in today and lost 1/2 pound, so am 5 1/2 pounds under goal.

Here is something a friend of mine gave me that is on MRC..

MRC CHOCOLATE BROWNIES

1 pkg. creamy hot cocoa or double chocolate
3 tablespoons water
1/2 tsp. canola oil(optional)
1 scoop cocoa powder
1 pkg. sweetener (optional)

Stir ingredients together and put in a small bowl.. Microwave 30-45 seconds.

That is it.
If anyone receives any holiday recipes from MRC, please share.

Patzi

patzi
11-12-2013, 01:18 PM
Went into the center today after not having been in for over a week. Am up 2lbs and I'm incredibly frustrated. I'm tired of having the same food over and over. School is stressing me out and I'm just exhausted. Don't have the heart to change my ticker back to 187 :(

I am an OR nurse and work many hours a week, so know the exhaustion routine.. I make many recipes and I freeze them, and I vary what I ate. No need to eat the same thing over and over. I freeze things like turkey chili, turkey meatloaf, chicken burgers, etc... I also make egg quiche type dishes on program and freeze them, as it is easy to heat up in microwave.

Do you like fish? Fish , broiled takes very little time.

It is hard when one gains weight, but try to say today is a new day, and go ahead... Please don't beat yourself up for gaining. This happens and it is so frustrating, but there is hope at the end.

Hope you have a good week ..

Patzi

patzi
11-12-2013, 01:24 PM
I just received this from a friend.. Sounds yummy.

Snack Girl Peppermint Mocha Recipe

1/4 cup lowfat milk I use soy milk)
1/4 cup coffee ( can be caffeine free if you wish)
1 tablespoon sugar free chocolate syrup
1 drop peppermint extract

Brew some coffee and heat milk in microwave until hot. Mix chocolate syrup and peppermint extract into coffee. Foam milk with milk frother or just pour hot milk into cup.

I buy Mocha Cocoal from Diet Direct.. I always add soy milk to that, tonight I will try the chocolate syrup and pepperming extract.

Patzi

aschooley29
11-12-2013, 04:58 PM

I was also getting tired of eating the same things. Try going online to find new recipes using the same items. You can also get a cookbook at the MRC center. I have not gotten my cookbook yet but I am told there are some good recipes. My got some good recipes from my counselor. Last night I made an outstanding lasagna, tastes wonderful, and it is on plan. If you would like I can give you the recipe. Hope things get better. :)

aschooley29
11-12-2013, 05:04 PM
I had maintenance weigh in today and lost 1/2 pound, so am 5 1/2 pounds under goal.

Here is something a friend of mine gave me that is on MRC..

MRC CHOCOLATE BROWNIES

1 pkg. creamy hot cocoa or double chocolate
3 tablespoons water
1/2 tsp. canola oil(optional)
1 scoop cocoa powder
1 pkg. sweetener (optional)

Stir ingredients together and put in a small bowl.. Microwave 30-45 seconds.

That is it.
If anyone receives any holiday recipes from MRC, please share.

Patzi

Thank you so much for sharing this. I am going to try it tonight!! :carrot: Oh yea, oh yea, brownie for me :carrot:

FetchLizzie
11-12-2013, 07:21 PM
Good Evening all! I went back to my center yesterday and had a great talk with my counselor - I forgot how much I enjoy talking with her. I signed back up for 17 weeks and started preconditioning today! So far - so good! Looking forward to my meeting next week - she is going to pull my old file to use my saliva test and get me back on track. I'm in a really good place right now and hope to visit this forum regularly to help in my journey!!

aschooley29
11-13-2013, 10:15 AM
Good Evening all! I went back to my center yesterday and had a great talk with my counselor - I forgot how much I enjoy talking with her. I signed back up for 17 weeks and started preconditioning today! So far - so good! Looking forward to my meeting next week - she is going to pull my old file to use my saliva test and get me back on track. I'm in a really good place right now and hope to visit this forum regularly to help in my journey!!

Good Luck on your journey!!! I have found strength in this forum. It helps me to know that I am not alone. I have not heard of a saliva test. What is that for?

skelley331
11-13-2013, 12:43 PM
Good Luck on your journey!!! I have found strength in this forum. It helps me to know that I am not alone. I have not heard of a saliva test. What is that for?

It is the hormone test you do when you sign up. At my center it was in the package price, didn't like doing it, kinda hard! But they said I had to, but after being on this forum there are a lot of centers that don't make you do it, it's like $100

patzi
11-13-2013, 05:21 PM
It is the hormone test you do when you sign up. At my center it was in the package price, didn't like doing it, kinda hard! But they said I had to, but after being on this forum there are a lot of centers that don't make you do it, it's like $100

Skelley, I refused any of there tests. I guess just a personal thing with me.

Patzi

SMSDREAMER2007
11-13-2013, 11:47 PM
Hey all. Went into the center today; down 2.2 lbs BUT since my home scale actually read 279.0 last thurs I was technically up .8 lbs...its the weekend stuff, I kniw it is. We got free pie at shari's for vets day (bf is a vet) and it just started a downward spiral >. < still really nauseated too so while im TRYING to follow as closly as I can to the plan, cant be 100% there :/.
Sadly that level of protein makes me sick anyway so I guess its 50/50.

gumdropmom
11-14-2013, 01:41 PM
Yeah I got grief from my mother-in-law too when I got down to goal. I wonder why people think it's okay to comment on other people's weight? My neighbor friend is the worst. She tells me she's always around 140 and complains all the time about wanting to lose five to ten pounds. But if I'm at 140 than according to her I'm too skinny and too hard on myself. So it's okay for her to be thin but not me is the message I get. She has a knack for "complimenting" me when I gain the weight back. So tacky. I had people wonder if I was sick, etc. Just gotta shrug it all off. I loved how 125 lbs felt and I will be getting there again, or actually should be higher this time if I am successful at building muscle. I'm sure working hard for it. Gotta hit the gym again today - waiting for my brother to wake up so he can watch the kids so I can go.

I'm amazed at your control at the Spaghetti Factory trip. See, that's something I still cannot do. I measure and weigh everything or I pig out. Can't seem to find that intuitive eating where I know when I've had enough and stop myself. When I went out to eat with my grandma while she was here, the restaurant had calories posted of all the meals. Nothing under 1000 calories once you included the sides, so I finally picked what seemed the most sensible, gave away the roll that came with it, and told myself I'd only eat half. I ate very slowly and enjoyed every bite, but ended up eating it all and wanted more. (Yes, I know the trick where you have the waitress box up half immediately and should have done it). I'd eaten lightly all day so I had the calories to spare, but I was still disappointed in myself. Just don't feel normal that I have this seemingly bottomless appetite and don't get sick from overindulging.

By the way, aren't ketones present in your system as a result of your body metabolizing stored body fat? So anytime you're losing weight, there should be ketones. I wonder what the difference is between being in a ketogenic weight loss state instead of a straight caloric burn. First time I heard that idea was from a counselor during my stabilization period - said their program had revved up my metabolism and that the stabilization period was for taking my body out of a ketogenic state and into a straight caloric burn. I had no idea what she was talking about. She said "Oh you didn't go to the class at the beginning of your program where we explain all about that". No, I hadn't. So I went to the very next one. Nothing. Anybody understand it?

I don't understand the difference between teh straight caloric burn and the ketogenic state...as I've said earlier - I am a bit paranoid about using the ketogenic burn to quickly lose - I fear gaining back even quicker than it was lost. I guess I am kind of there with you...still on the fence though. I've maintained without gain or loss the last few days and ready to hit hard again to lose another five. I find I feel so much better when I am getting adequate calories and simply BEING AWARE of what I'm eating. I see where the HNS help me yet - the lack of calories from food concern me. I need to decide if I'm going to go 100% back on plan to take off the last 20 or simply keep doing what I'm doing (healthy choices, plenty of exercise, monitoring calories) and lose it at a slower more manageable rate or dive back in and lose it quickly. I feel pretty good about myself and continue to lose inches even on weeks where the lbs don't seem to drop. *sigh* I just don't know! You are not on MRC plan any more, are you?

SMSDREAMER2007
11-14-2013, 03:42 PM
Ketosis changes your bodies fuel sorce from carbs to fat. Its the same principle paleo and atkins use. A straight caloric burn is just that anything in within calories and you burn those calories and more to lose weight; ketosis on the other hand focuses on eating mainly fat and protein while choosing healthy and limited carbs for the vitamins and minerals. To be in ketosis you generally need 50 or less NET carbs (total carbs minus fiber, atkins minuses sugar alcohols too but I wouldnt as those affect everyone differently ). In ketosis people are generally fuller faster which creates a HIGH calorie defeceit becaause protein and fat fill you up faster than carbs/starches. Ever wonder why you are hungry about 2 hours after a MASSIVE salad? Its the carbs, of course you can combat that by adding nuts, avacado, using olive oil based dressings, etc. Ketosis works for some but nit everyone just like being vegetarian works for some and not all. As far as gaining it all back, if you start adding calories back SLOWLY like 100 calories every 1-2 weeks until you get back to the number of calories you want to maintain at AND continue strength training (either with isometrics or weighs) you should be fine.

aschooley29
11-14-2013, 04:26 PM
I have decided to buy an outfit in the size I want to be. I am going to place it where I can see it everyday. I hope this will encourage me to keep going through the holidays. Have a Wonderful day ladies!!! We can do this! ;)

patzi
11-14-2013, 05:53 PM
I have decided to buy an outfit in the size I want to be. I am going to place it where I can see it everyday. I hope this will encourage me to keep going through the holidays. Have a Wonderful day ladies!!! We can do this! ;)

I did this, and it sure motivated me.. Never thought I would fit in it, but I sure did.. Hang in there, you can do this for sure.. You have a wonderful day also.

Patzi

MarleneV
11-14-2013, 10:57 PM

FUN idea! You can certainly do this!

MarleneV
11-14-2013, 11:04 PM
Does not bother me watching others eat all the foods that got me fat in the first place. One lesson I learned while on MRC.. Don't feel sorry for myself because I will not eat the foods others are.

Patzi

Patzi,

You are SO right! It's a balancing act on maintenance, isn't it? At least I think that it is. Making wise choices...

MarleneV
11-14-2013, 11:16 PM
I've not been on for a few days, been busy! A cousin came to visit, as well as my older daughter came home from college.

I've successfully navigated meals out, volunteering at church at a bake sale (didn't eat even one cookie or other treat), providing snacks at church Sunday evening and company in the house.

Then last night, we went out again with my business partner, his wife and some other business owners we associate with... I checked the menu out ahead of time, and while there were some choices that would have fit nicely on program, I WANTED Veal Milanese, so that is what I got. Substituted angel hair pasta for fettuccine Alfredo, and ony ate half of the dinner, plus had a salad with it. Weight this am was in target range, so that's a success! I'll follow program fairly closely the next few days just in case...

Oh, and the best part of it was that one of the husbands said to mine "I didn't recognize your girlfriend", and mine said "don't tell Marlene!". One of the other wives loved my new coat, so I finally told her where I got it, she wants to get one too, and promised to not wear hers where I might be...

Glad to see the successes, and hope everyone is doing well. Remember that big successes are made up of small ones, so concentrate on the small ones and the big ones will follow!

patzi
11-15-2013, 06:33 AM
For anyone having a struggle, or just for motivation please read and read again Marleney's last message.. That is soooo motivating. I like when she says concentrate on small ones and the big ones follow.. That is so true.
To add to this, I have told myself while losing weight and now on maintenance if you have already achieved some success today, keep going and buld on that momentum and you'll achieve even more.

Wishing y'all a great day and great weight loss if you are weighing in today.
Think thin...

Patzi

MarleneV
11-15-2013, 07:43 AM
Thanks Patzi! :)

aschooley29
11-15-2013, 08:51 AM
Thank you Marlene and Patzi for all of your support.

Patzi- I have been feeling sorry for myself because I cannot eat what others do. I have been feeling this way since I was diagnosed with diabetes. How did you overcome this mind set?

Lady67
11-15-2013, 10:53 AM
Well went to weigh in last night..... Lost 1 lb

was a bad month for me, I only lost 4 lbs total. But, I guess I should focus on the good and not the bad.... I lost 4 lbs, and did not gain right?

Now my total weight loss is 46.5 and inches is 60.25.

Due to loosing some muscle mass etc, my target weight range went down also... new goal is 150.

I so want to stay on track! I need to remember when I see chocolate -- I choose not to eat that as it will stick directly onto my hips. I choose to eat healthy and take care of my body!

Or as aschooley29's signature says... "our bodies are temples... we need to treat them as such" !!

MarleneV
11-15-2013, 09:58 PM
Aschooley,

I know you asked Patzi, but I'd like to answer from my viewpoint... It honestly was simply because I wanted more than anything to loose the weight, I was not going to eat what the others were eating. For example, we love tex-mex, and you know they always have chips & salsa at the tables. I love chips... But that's not on program, so I wouldn't eat them. It was hard at first, but it was worth it. Same for the other stuff. Now, I will occasionally have a treat, but usually only a few bites, and I really savor them.

I used to go to Weight Watchers (and lost the weight but gained back), and something our leader would say was "Nothing tastes as good as thin feels". I keep this in mind. Plus, now that I have lost the weight and everyone sees me like this, there is simply NO way I am gaining it back!

aschooley29
11-16-2013, 03:23 PM
Aschooley,

I know you asked Patzi, but I'd like to answer from my viewpoint... It honestly was simply because I wanted more than anything to loose the weight, I was not going to eat what the others were eating. For example, we love tex-mex, and you know they always have chips & salsa at the tables. I love chips... But that's not on program, so I wouldn't eat them. It was hard at first, but it was worth it. Same for the other stuff. Now, I will occasionally have a treat, but usually only a few bites, and I really savor them.

I used to go to Weight Watchers (and lost the weight but gained back), and something our leader would say was "Nothing tastes as good as thin feels". I keep this in mind. Plus, now that I have lost the weight and everyone sees me like this, there is simply NO way I am gaining it back!

thanks marlene- I needed to hear this.

patzi
11-16-2013, 07:30 PM
thanks marlene- I needed to hear this.

I have to agree with Marlene. I never ate anything that was not on the progam while losing.. I had made up my mind, this time would be different. I was sick of dieting and I wanted to lose the weight, and I would do it right this time, and thank goodness, it worked. . If you cheat, you do not lose, that is a fact. I have friends that did not make it on MRC as they made up their own rules of the program, and it did not work out for them. One use to say, a little bit won't hurt, but all those little bits never got her to goal.

Also what Marlene said about a treat, I now occasionally will have a treat, , but a small amount.If it is a trigger food for me, I never have it in house, if I feel I will be out of control with it. I am used to that now, and it is fine . I will never let myself get back to the way I was.. This is a life change and a healthy one and I do like being thin . It makes one feel so good.

On other diets I was on, before MRC, I would feel sorry for myself, because I could not eat what others were eating and I would cave in and I would never reach goal, and if I did, would gain it all back.. That happened on WW. I made up my mind, this time, I would have a different mind set, a stronger will .

Hope this helps. Remember, you are worth it. You really are.
Patzi

aschooley29
11-16-2013, 08:13 PM
Thanks Patzi-

I have had a hard day. (Stress over in-laws) I did not realize until today how bad of an emotional eater I am. I have made my mind NOT to cheat. I have done really well. I have not cheated at all. I do not even crave the foods. However with the stress of today all I wanted to do was eat. I stayed strong...did not cheat, but it was very difficult!! I did not exercise (which I should of) but I did not cheat!!

Going4Fit
11-17-2013, 01:27 AM
aschooley, you did it! You stuck with your new good habits, in spite of the stress. Good for you! Way to celebrate those little successes too!

Going4Fit
11-17-2013, 01:42 AM
I don't understand the difference between teh straight caloric burn and the ketogenic state...as I've said earlier - I am a bit paranoid about using the ketogenic burn to quickly lose - I fear gaining back even quicker than it was lost. I guess I am kind of there with you...still on the fence though. I've maintained without gain or loss the last few days and ready to hit hard again to lose another five. I find I feel so much better when I am getting adequate calories and simply BEING AWARE of what I'm eating. I see where the HNS help me yet - the lack of calories from food concern me. I need to decide if I'm going to go 100% back on plan to take off the last 20 or simply keep doing what I'm doing (healthy choices, plenty of exercise, monitoring calories) and lose it at a slower more manageable rate or dive back in and lose it quickly. I feel pretty good about myself and continue to lose inches even on weeks where the lbs don't seem to drop. *sigh* I just don't know! You are not on MRC plan any more, are you?

No I'm not on plan anymore. I gained back over 40 of the 60 lbs I lost on plan and am struggling, struggling, struggling to get it back off. I tried going back on plan out of desperation a couple of times, but my metabolism is apparently just a mess from all the yo-yo'ing because I hardly lost much at all even when doing the extreme MetaBoost plan (and I always follow plans perfectly when I'm on them). Anyway, I'm taking what I learned on plan and pretty much eating the same, minus the HNS's, but I'm tracking my caloric intake to make sure I stay above 1200 calories. Oh, and I am eating more carbs because I need the energy for strenuous exercise, but I'm still making sure to get the bulk of my carbs from fresh fruits and vegetables instead of from bread or whatever.

When I read your posts, it reminds me of the Intuitive Eating book that many on here have talked about. I think it would really resonate with you.

loki
11-17-2013, 03:05 PM
Hello, I'm new to the forum. :) Hope you don't mind if I join in.
I started at MRC 5 weeks ago and have lost 16 pounds so far. After hitting a bit of a plateau, I'm about half way through a week of Meta-Quick which seems to be helping, yay! I'm really hoping to make it to a 20 lb loss by Thanksgiving.

patzi
11-17-2013, 04:45 PM
I started at MRC 5 weeks ago and have lost 16 pounds so far. After hitting a bit of a plateau, I'm about half way through a week of Meta-Quick which seems to be helping, yay! I'm really hoping to make it to a 20 lb loss by Thanksgiving.

Welcome . Glad you joined in .. I am Patzi and I am on maintenance.. Wishing you all the best in your challenge. You have done fantastic in 5 weeks.

Patzi

aschooley29
11-17-2013, 08:24 PM

Hi, Welcome. I also started about 5 weeks ago. I also have a goal of losing 20lb. by Thanksgiving. The ladies on here are awesome!! They have helped me a lot. I hope we can help you through your journey too. What is Meta-Quick?

aschooley29
11-17-2013, 08:27 PM
aschooley, you did it! You stuck with your new good habits, in spite of the stress. Good for you! Way to celebrate those little successes too!

Thank you Going4Fit!!

MarleneV
11-17-2013, 08:47 PM
What is Meta-Quick?

Meta-Quick is when you eat a bar & HSN or VHP Shake & HNS for breakfast/lunch, and then have a very low calorie protein (chicken or fish) with veggies for dinner, with 2 other HNS during the day. I did this a couple of times, never for more that 4 or 5 days because I'd get real grouchy by that last day. I don't think you'll want to do this (or that Carrie would suggest) due to the diabetes.

What I found when I did Meta-Quick, I wouldn't really lose during those days, but then I'd have a NICE loss after a few days back on Meta-Slim. What I found that worked better is that sometimes (for several days in a row)I'd have an orange or apple as an afternoon snack with an HNS, and then I'd drop the fruit for several days.

Another thing that would work is that I would switch from having a hard-boiled egg & cheese stick with fruit (what I usually had for breakfast) to eating a 3 oz turkey burger on a slice of 40 cal bread for several days.

When on program, I mostly would have the same breakfasts (switching the two mentioned above), and once a week have a bar and once a week one of the VHP shakes. For lunch, a big salad and chicken (occasionally something else) with fruit & an HSN. HSN around 3:30/4:00 PM. Dinner around 6:30, was salad with a protein and either fruit or bread if I didn't have a slice with breakfast or melba toast, and then an HNS around 9 PM. I know that program allows a bit more variety, but I don't like a lot of cooked veggies, and having the same things really didn't bother me, and actually made it easy.

Marlene

MarleneV
11-17-2013, 08:51 PM

Welcome & Glad to have you here. I'm Marlene, in my 6th month of maintenance. Lost a little more than 75 lbs from July 2012 through May 2013. (actually, the last 5 were lost after I started maintenance)

MarleneV
11-17-2013, 09:00 PM
Thanks Patzi-

I have had a hard day. (Stress over in-laws) I did not realize until today how bad of an emotional eater I am. I have made my mind NOT to cheat. I have done really well. I have not cheated at all. I do not even crave the foods. However with the stress of today all I wanted to do was eat. I stayed strong...did not cheat, but it was very difficult!! I did not exercise (which I should of) but I did not cheat!!

Good Job!

I was/am a stress eater too! My MIL would bring out the worse of that, or our busy season at work (chocolate milk shakes from Chik-fil-a were my drug of choice)! What I decided was that there was no way I was going to let MIL derail me, particularly as she questioned me and the program a lot. I think she's still waiting for me to regain...

As to the Chik-fil-a, I told our office manager that under NO CIRCUMSTANCE was she to agree to get me a shake during that time. So then I didn't even ask because I didn't want to put her in the position of telling me no... and I wouldn't leave to go myself, because when I would want one was when I really had to get something done and leaving would take too much time! Funny thing was, I did have a craving for a Sonic diet limeade during that time, and the night I really wanted one, they were closed by the time I got there. Two days later I finally made it there, got one, and then realized that it didn't taste as good as I had made it out in my mind to be...

aschooley29
11-18-2013, 10:05 AM
I weighed in this morning....2 more pounds down :carrot:

Lady67
11-18-2013, 10:08 AM
Good Job!

Funny thing was, I did have a craving for a Sonic diet limeade during that time, and the night I really wanted one, they were closed by the time I got there. Two days later I finally made it there, got one, and then realized that it didn't taste as good as I had made it out in my mind to be...

You have stated that it did not taste as good as I made it out in my mind to be. I have found that with various foods. I cheated once and had a snickers candy bar. It wasn't as good as I thought it would be. There are other chocolates that aren't as good as I thought they would be.

I have decided that I might as well not do it (eat the junk)... I will just lose the weight... I will feel better...and I have had a big plus. I have a HUGE factor on this. My triglycerides were over 200. I had my yearly physical and they were only 71. I am amazed. They were high the last 3 years when I had my yearly physical... and to drop that much. Wow.

I will stick to the diet... I will choose not to eat that stuff that made me unhealthy. I will be ok.

aschooley29
11-18-2013, 09:00 PM
I have decided that I might as well not do it... Lose the weight... I will feel better...and I have had a big plus. I have a HUGE factor on this. My triglycerides were over 200. I had my yearly physical and they were only 71. I am amazed. They were high the last 3 years when I had my yearly physical... and to drop that much. Wow. .

That is awesome!! You have done such a good job.

MarleneV
11-19-2013, 12:41 AM
I weighed in this morning....2 more pounds down :carrot:

WooHoo! Way to go!:carrot:

MarleneV
11-19-2013, 12:48 AM
You have stated that it did not taste as good as I made it out in my mind to be. I have found that with various foods. I cheated once and had a snickers candy bar. It wasn't as good as I thought it would be. There are other chocolates that aren't as good as I thought they would be.

I have decided that I might as well not do it... Lose the weight... I will feel better...and I have had a big plus. I have a HUGE factor on this. My triglycerides were over 200. I had my yearly physical and they were only 71. I am amazed. They were high the last 3 years when I had my yearly physical... and to drop that much. Wow.

I will stick to the diet... I will choose not to eat that stuff that made me unhealthy. I will be ok.

Lady, congrats on the triglycerides drop! That's great.

I'm finding out there are plenty of things that just don't taste so good that I find them worth eating, or worth eating much of anyway. In fact, I'm good for about 3 bites... The first one I really like, the second I truly savor, and then the third, I'm ready to say, "well that was good, but I've had enough". If the first bite doesn't excite me, I don't even bother going further...

Lady67
11-19-2013, 11:11 AM
thanks Ladies!!! :D

One day at a time!

jmgirl
11-20-2013, 08:55 AM
So I'm back to mrc...was on plan 3 years ago and quit before I hit my goal because I went broke...fast forward to now. ..I'm happily married and had my second child who is 7.5 months. ..I decided since I couldn't find a winter coat without going to the plus size section it was time to get started again. ... what stinks is last time I think I lost 6 lbs on preconditioning and I have my weigh in today and only think I've lost 1-2....I hope my body responds

aschooley29
11-20-2013, 09:53 AM
So I'm back to mrc...was on plan 3 years ago and quit before I hit my goal because I went broke...fast forward to now. ..I'm happily married and had my second child who is 7.5 months. ..I decided since I couldn't find a winter coat without going to the plus size section it was time to get started again. ... what stinks is last time I think I lost 6 lbs on preconditioning and I have my weigh in today and only think I've lost 1-2....I hope my body responds

Welcome to the group!!:)

patzi
11-20-2013, 10:41 AM
I had maintenance weigh in and maintained, 5 under goal.. So, I am happy with that.

JMGirl, welcome back..

Marleney... Great weight loss. Happy for you.

Lady 67, awesome results... I had high blood pressure when I started MRC, 200/110 when I went to Mayo, and I knew I was due for a stroke.. I had to go on meds, and then with the diet, have been med free and my blood pressure this morning
is 114/70/pulse being 68. It is normal and no meds, and that is a good thing.

Wishing you all a great week for weight loss and have a great day.

Patzi

Lady67
11-20-2013, 11:27 AM

Welcome back! I am sure your body will respond. Sometimes it gets shocked when we do something it is not used to!

Patzi - thanks !!! I am on high bp meds too. Am hoping to get off of them. Unfortunately with a high stress life, my bp jumps too much for my dr to be ok with me going off yet... but I have 30 some more lbs yet to lose, so I am hopeful I will get off of them yet!

gumdropmom
11-20-2013, 02:13 PM
No I'm not on plan anymore. I gained back over 40 of the 60 lbs I lost on plan and am struggling, struggling, struggling to get it back off. I tried going back on plan out of desperation a couple of times, but my metabolism is apparently just a mess from all the yo-yo'ing because I hardly lost much at all even when doing the extreme MetaBoost plan (and I always follow plans perfectly when I'm on them). Anyway, I'm taking what I learned on plan and pretty much eating the same, minus the HNS's, but I'm tracking my caloric intake to make sure I stay above 1200 calories. Oh, and I am eating more carbs because I need the energy for strenuous exercise, but I'm still making sure to get the bulk of my carbs from fresh fruits and vegetables instead of from bread or whatever.

When I read your posts, it reminds me of the Intuitive Eating book that many on here have talked about. I think it would really resonate with you.

I have the book :) I am "studying" it. I think we may be quite similar in mindset, attitude, and even size...I'm tall and carry weight well but when there was too much of it, I felt awful. Getting lean and feeling good but not feeling good with too few calories and so many HSNs. Battle of the mind between shedding it fast & furious or shedding it slowly with slow, steady, and healthy. I have gone back on plan but don't feel great. I think slow, steady and healthy will win - for ME. I've maintained all I've lost even when I jumped off plan (what I mean by jumping off plan is eating clean and healthy but getting a balance and adequate calories). I've taken off 5 more being on plan but my system feels so unstable. I've never been a "dieter". My issues came mostly from my dumb thyroid. Turns out, cutting the caffiene was the magic key. I had joined MRC before figuring that out. SO, membership is up next month. Will most likely continue with my own plan of eating right, working out, and staying positive! I'm excited I've dropped 25 lbs and have continued to go down and not gain regardless of being on or off plan.

gumdropmom
11-20-2013, 02:21 PM
I had maintenance weigh in and maintained, 5 under goal.. So, I am happy with that.

JMGirl, welcome back..

Marleney... Great weight loss. Happy for you.

Lady 67, awesome results... I had high blood pressure when I started MRC, 200/110 when I went to Mayo, and I knew I was due for a stroke.. I had to go on meds, and then with the diet, have been med free and my blood pressure this morning
is 114/70/pulse being 68. It is normal and no meds, and that is a good thing.

Wishing you all a great week for weight loss and have a great day.

Patzi

Patzi, you are such an encourager and very inspiring to many. I've only been on the forum a few months. Do you mind sharing how much you lost? I'm simply curious. I'm a little over half way and stay motivated by the fact my efforts ARE WORKING! When I read your posts it makes me just want to meet you for coffee :) Have a great week.

aschooley29
11-20-2013, 03:30 PM
I ordered a couple of shirts in the size I want to be. They just got here today. They are really small. I am not sure I will ever fit into them. I still hope they can be a source of inspiration. I also just got the the MRC cookbook. I will post any good recipes that I try.

SMSDREAMER2007
11-20-2013, 03:43 PM
Jm-welcome back!!

Aschooly..great idea...ifthry are stretchy, etc...choose 1 you like and "try"it on once a week, then take a pic...you might only be able to get your arms in now but each month more and more of you will "fit" in then at the end even if they dont fit or dont fit how you want them to...it wasnt money wasted...it was a good tool for comparison ;)

Weighed in, -3.4 today oot!

aschooley29
11-20-2013, 07:01 PM
Jm-welcome back!!

Aschooly..great idea...ifthry are stretchy, etc...choose 1 you like and "try"it on once a week, then take a pic...you might only be able to get your arms in now but each month more and more of you will "fit" in then at the end even if they dont fit or dont fit how you want them to...it wasnt money wasted...it was a good tool for comparison ;)

Congrats on the 3.4... that is awesome!!:carrot:

patzi
11-21-2013, 09:28 AM
Jm-welcome back!!

Congrats on weight loss. That is fantastic...

Patzi

jmgirl
11-21-2013, 03:10 PM
Week 1 down 4.4!!!!!

patzi
11-21-2013, 07:46 PM
Week 1 down 4.4!!!!!

Good for you That is awesome..

Patzi

aschooley29
11-21-2013, 09:40 PM
Week 1 down 4.4!!!!!

good job!! keep it up:carrot:

SMSDREAMER2007
11-22-2013, 12:24 AM
thanks everyone!! and WTG jmgirl!! Fantastic loss!

gumdropmom
11-22-2013, 09:42 AM
Week 1 down 4.4!!!!!

That's amazing! Congratulations :)

faerychic
11-22-2013, 11:08 AM
Just popping in to say Hi. I have switched to the DASH diet instead of MRC (I was doing MRC on my own - not going to the center). My blood pressure is back up and my doctor suggested doing the DASH plan. I know a couple of you here had high blood pressure and with the weight loss were able to get of the med's. I am not currently on med's, but am having spikes in my BP. DASH is really not much different than the metabalance plan I was on with MRC.

Congrat's to all you losers and welcome to the newbies. Always nice to see Patzi maintaining her loss and Marlene V too. Great to see Skelly moving in the right direction.

It is still a slow process for me, but I will continue on mainly for my health and secondary for my vanity :p

Have a great weekend every one!

patzi
11-23-2013, 07:12 AM
FaeryChic

Let me know how you do on Dash... It is a good diet. If I can help you in any way on BP, not as a nurse, but as a person who did it with diet, let me know.

When I first went to Mayo, I told you it was 200/110. Mayo told me till I get it down into the less dangerous numbers do not eat out. That was so difficult for me, as I traveled for work here and there... They also told me if I go to a restaurant to call ahead of time, and tell them you are on a special diet for HBP.
I always called manager, and when I checked in asked to see that person and they would prepare my food with the less amount of salt. Mayo also told me, to remember, many times lettuce is soaked in salt water, chicken is marinated in a marinade loaded with salt. So when I say, grilled chicken, no salt, it has salt in it already..Also told to read labels on salt content. But it can be done, as I have done it.. It is worth getting it down.

Glad to see you back and whatever diet you are on, we are all here for you.

Patzi

faerychic
11-23-2013, 10:47 AM
Thanks Patzi. My blood pressure is doing crazy things - I take it a few times a day. In the morning is is withing range 122/74, but by the afternoon it soars to 164/94. I am working with my doctor to see if we can figure out why (wonder if menopause is causing the spikes?) As for salt - I have been surpirsed at the amount of salt in foods. A can of tomato sauce has over 1500 mg of sodum! After a closer look at the label, they only list a 1/4 serving at 480 mg. Raw meats often times have a sodium solution added as well.

Slowly chipping away at my weight - it has taken me 5 weeks to lose 4.5 pounds. I guess it's not that bad, almost a pound a week.

loki
11-23-2013, 04:26 PM
Hello all!
I lost 4 lbs this week! I'm officially down 20 lbs!
Starting to dread the holiday coming up. My family is already talking about not only Thanksgiving, but the weekend following and all the food we are going to eat. I've already decided it's NOT worth it!! Somehow I have to figure out how to stay on program as much as possible. I am not going to throw these 20 pounds away.

aschooley29
11-24-2013, 09:09 AM
Hello all!
I lost 4 lbs this week! I'm officially down 20 lbs!
Starting to dread the holiday coming up. My family is already talking about not only Thanksgiving, but the weekend following and all the food we are going to eat. I've already decided it's NOT worth it!! Somehow I have to figure out how to stay on program as much as possible. I am not going to throw these 20 pounds away.

Good for you...stay strong

SMSDREAMER2007
11-24-2013, 03:00 PM
Good luck faery!! My BP is high too lemme know how that goes for you please!!

Wtg loki!!! 4 lbs is amazing!!

I carb binged yest and am PAYING for it today....fingers are all tigh etc ugh!!! Right now id be happy for ANY loss this week LOL.

MarleneV
11-25-2013, 11:10 AM
Been a little quiet here over the weekend. Hope that everyone is doing ok.

Loki you can do it! Just because THEY are going to eat all that food all weekend doesn't mean you have to. Just pick the on-program things, and you'll do fine. Remember how good it feels to have lost the 20 you've lost so far.

Faery good luck! DASH looks like a good program, hope that it works for you.

Dreamer - drink more water, that should help.

As to what is happening with me... I love seeing people that I haven't seen in a while! Happened last night at church. We started a Sunday evening service that I go to most of the time now, so I don't see some of the other ladies as often as I used to. One of the ladies I know happened to be there last night, and she didn't recognize me when she first saw me... Then when she did, she said "you look fabulous!" and asked how I felt. That is always such a fun conversation.

We leave tomorrow am to pick up older daughter at college & go to CO to my parents for Thanksgiving. I get to go visit my center while we are there, on Black Friday. They tell me it will be crazy.

Hope everyone does well over the holiday, and if you struggle or have a bad meal or day, start new the next one, don't give up!

aschooley29
11-25-2013, 11:39 AM
Been a little quiet here over the weekend. Hope that everyone is doing ok.

Loki you can do it! Just because THEY are going to eat all that food all weekend doesn't mean you have to. Just pick the on-program things, and you'll do fine. Remember how good it feels to have lost the 20 you've lost so far.

Faery good luck! DASH looks like a good program, hope that it works for you.

Dreamer - drink more water, that should help.

As to what is happening with me... I love seeing people that I haven't seen in a while! Happened last night at church. We started a Sunday evening service that I go to most of the time now, so I don't see some of the other ladies as often as I used to. One of the ladies I know happened to be there last night, and she didn't recognize me when she first saw me... Then when she did, she said "you look fabulous!" and asked how I felt. That is always such a fun conversation.

We leave tomorrow am to pick up older daughter at college & go to CO to my parents for Thanksgiving. I get to go visit my center while we are there, on Black Friday. They tell me it will be crazy.

Hope everyone does well over the holiday, and if you struggle or have a bad meal or day, start new the next one, don't give up!

Thank you for all of the encouragement Marlene!!

I did not do well last week as far as drinking all of my water or exercising. I am going to try to do better this week. But with that said I am happy to announce that I made my first goal, 20 pounds by Thanksgiving!!! :carrot:

patzi
11-25-2013, 12:28 PM
Thanks Patzi. My blood pressure is doing crazy things - I take it a few times a day. In the morning is is withing range 122/74, but by the afternoon it soars to 164/94. I am working with my doctor to see if we can figure out why (wonder if menopause is causing the spikes?) As for salt - I have been surpirsed at the amount of salt in foods. A can of tomato sauce has over 1500 mg of sodum! After a closer look at the label, they only list a 1/4 serving at 480 mg. Raw meats often times have a sodium solution added as well.

Slowly chipping away at my weight - it has taken me 5 weeks to lose 4.5 pounds. I guess it's not that bad, almost a pound a week.

I say almost a pound a week is good, as I sometimes lost .2 pounds a week, but it all adds up..You will get there.. If you are under stress or worried about something , blood pressure can escalate.. Mine always was higher in afternoon. If you have a doctor helping you, you will find the cause and be able to correct it.. I never knew how much salt was in food till I started logging in daily on my fitness pal or something like that. I use no salt as a substitute for salt, so any salt my body consumes comes from food I eat. It is truly amazing..Also caffeine runs havoc with b/p including coffee, diet drinks, as they have sodium benzoate in them, which is a salt based substance.
Patzi

MarleneV
11-25-2013, 02:42 PM
Thank you for all of the encouragement Marlene!!

I did not do well last week as far as drinking all of my water or exercising. I am going to try to do better this week. But with that said I am happy to announce that I made my first goal, 20 pounds by Thanksgiving!!! :carrot:

WTG aschooley! That's awesome for getting to 20, and a few days ahead of schedule! :dance:

MarleneV
11-25-2013, 03:00 PM
As to water & exercise, I make a game out of that. For the water, I like to use bottles that are 3 servings, because 3 of them puts me over for the day.

We bought a hybrid elliptical/ bike trainer this weekend, because it's gotten too miserable (wet and cold) to walk every night. The programs are 20 minutes. It's actually harder than our walks at this point. Anyway, I keep pushing, to get the whole 20 minutes in. Oh, and being accountable to my husband (who paid for it), because I don't want him to think he wasted the money. So I've done it the 2 days we've had it so far... And plan for a second session this evening as we'll be driving all day tomorrow.

SMSDREAMER2007
11-25-2013, 05:55 PM
Definately upping the water marlene!!
At 276 today which means im down .4 lbs since wed, trying to add more to that by weigh in on wed but HEY either way its a loss!!

aschooley29
11-25-2013, 09:31 PM

Where does she go to school? I just picked my son up from school in CO. We will be in CO for Thanksgiving also, visiting my parents. I bet it will be crazy at the center!! Take care and have fun with your family.

MarleneV
11-26-2013, 01:00 AM
Where does she go to school? I just picked my son up from school in CO. We will be in CO for Thanksgiving also, visiting my parents. I bet it will be crazy at the center!! Take care and have fun with your family.

She is going to Texas Tech. She's the reason we are heading that way for the holiday. She was supposed to find a ride with someone, but most of the students are headed back here to Austin for the football game vs UT. I have the week off every year, and so we decided to pull the younger daughter out of school a day early and go up.

Have fun with your family too!

Lady67
11-26-2013, 02:35 PM
:carrot::carrot:

Stepped on my scale at home. It says I am down 4 lbs this week. I won't make this official until I weigh in at MRC, but dang that makes me happy!!! (I've had a bad few weeks lately)

SMSDREAMER2007
11-26-2013, 03:09 PM
Wtg lady!!! Mine said down 3.4 this morning but like you i wont make it official till i weigh in tomorrow AM at MRC. *fingers crossed for us both*

jmgirl
11-26-2013, 11:57 PM
Ok we already had our first thanksgiving meal out of 3...the only and I do mean only thing there on plan was turkey...what do you do? I had like a tablespoon of potatoes and one tablespoon of stuffing and of course said no to dessert. ...I can't not eat... what do you do? I'm dreading weigh in tomorrow. ..I'm tired lethargic and starving. .. When that happens my body hangs on to everything it can....

Lady67
11-27-2013, 02:26 PM
jmgirl - One thing I can tell you is if you take a "B-100 Complex" you will feel more energy. I have used it for a couple of years, and I can honestly tell when I forget, or run out. It helps my moods to.

B-100 Complex is basically a higher dose of B vitamins that work with the chemicals in your brain and help it so that the energy and serotonin work together better.

Also, if you had a good week the rest of the week, I don't think what you did would create problems. Also note - you can always take a baggie of raw veggies. I basically told people the Dr chewed me out and told me to eat better. So I am.

Well Ladies ... off to weigh in............... hope hope hope...........

SMSDREAMER2007
11-27-2013, 03:26 PM
Down 3.4 to 273...the weight held off YAY!

Jm...I agree with the bring veggies option, other than that you did amazingly well!!

MarleneV
11-28-2013, 08:39 AM
Happy Thankgiving everyone!

jmgirl, I agree with lady as well. Good luck today.

Dreamer - WTG! That is great, keep it up!

Spending today with my family. Since my mom & sister have done MRC and BIL is currently doing, we will have lots of on program foods. There will be non-program foods as well... My plan is to eat just a little bit of mashed potatoes & stuffing, eat turkey & munch on the veggie tray. Avoiding rolls, that's something I have a hard time eating just one of. Most of the other stuff, I don't like. I know that there will be cherry, pumpkin & pecan pies, I only like cherry and will have a small piece of that.

Plan what you will eat ahead of time, makes it easier to stick with it!

MarleneV
11-28-2013, 10:20 PM
Ok, I did pretty well. Did decide to have one roll, and a glass of wine. Since I'm on maintenance, that's ok, as I stayed in my target calorie range for the day. Plus we walked this morning.

Hope everyone had a great day!

aschooley29
11-29-2013, 10:19 AM
I had a plan for Thanksgiving, but I did not stick with it. I brought apples (with caramel dip, Walden farms), and baked green beans. That way I could stick to plan. Everything was too tempting. I ate turkey(dark meat), green beans, 2 oz of skinny mashed potatoes (made with fat free chicken broth), and a little bit of gravy. Then all went wrong. I took a bite of stuffing, that lead to a whole serving!!! Then I felt so bad that I went farther and ate a piece of apple pie with ice cream!! I am not near a scale, so I do not know how much weight I gained.

On the up side my mother is an exercise guru. So I have gone for a 3 mile walk everyday that I have been here.

Today is my birthday, I will NOT have any desert, and I WiLL stick to plan!! That is my present to myself.
I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving!!

aschooley29
11-29-2013, 10:20 AM
Ok, I did pretty well. Did decide to have one roll, and a glass of wine. Since I'm on maintenance, that's ok, as I stayed in my target calorie range for the day. Plus we walked this morning.

Hope everyone had a great day!

You did awesome Marlene!! You should be very proud of yourself!!

MarleneV
11-29-2013, 02:15 PM
Thanks aschooley! I went to the center this morning, weigh in was 125.5, so the trip up and yesterday did go well. Scale actually says I should GAIN 2.5 lbs of fat... Don't think I'll go there.

MarleneV
11-29-2013, 02:17 PM
Aschooley,

Just move on... The walking should help, and drink lots of water. It's Just one day. It might throw the losses off a little, but you'll catch up.

Dieting again
11-30-2013, 06:05 PM
You have done great. I am new to MRC and if I loose 2-3 pounds a week I will be thrilled and that will sure keep me on the plan. I start the full plan Monday as starting now, with another party and more house guests tomorrow make it hard to focus. Monday is my day 1 of the new me!

aschooley29
11-30-2013, 08:07 PM
You have done great. I am new to MRC and if I loose 2-3 pounds a week I will be thrilled and that will sure keep me on the plan. I start the full plan Monday as starting now, with another party and more house guests tomorrow make it hard to focus. Monday is my day 1 of the new me!
Welcome to the group!!!:carrot:

MarleneV
11-30-2013, 09:14 PM

Welcome! Glad to have you along! The more, the merrier!