Ideal Protein Diet - Restarting Monday 11/04/13... Anyone?

foreveryoung
11-01-2013, 12:22 AM
I'm having a hard time restarting, second time is harder I heard and now I'm experiencing on my own skin! :mad: So frustrated with my own self ... Anyone would like to restart and get this done for good?

Clarington45
11-01-2013, 06:05 AM
I'm having a hard time restarting, second time is harder I heard and now I'm experiencing on my own skin! :mad: So frustrated with my own self ... Anyone would like to restart and get this done for good?

I hear you, I will be happy to restart with you on Monday.. although I plan to do my best this weekend, but I am moving this weekend and next so it will be a little crazy .. but I am going to stock up and try and have lots of IP friendly foods.. looking forward to a good weigh in next Thurs.

foreveryoung
11-01-2013, 08:48 AM
I hear you, I will be happy to restart with you on Monday.. although I plan to do my best this weekend, but I am moving this weekend and next so it will be a little crazy .. but I am going to stock up and try and have lots of IP friendly foods.. looking forward to a good weigh in next Thurs.

Hi Clarington!
I was planning to start today but have an event to attend tonight, I will try to stay as close to IP friendly stuff, going to get rid off no friendly foods I have around the house also.... I want to see good numbers my next WI.
Looking forward to restart and not to stop till I reach goal :carrot:
I know we can do this!

airportchick11
11-01-2013, 08:59 AM
Restarting is better than not starting at all! Let go of frustration and gain that excitement of doing something wonderful for yourselves!! YOU ARE WORTH IT!!

shrinkingsusie
11-01-2013, 09:04 AM
Good luck with your re-start!! Took me 3 years and several failed attempts to get back on the wagon. Then finally one day I said ENOUGH! and started right then and there! No time to wait and try to convince myself otherwise.

I found it really helped to have a lot of veggies already cut up on hand. That way there was no excuse. It was just a matter of opening the fridge and grabbing what I needed.

ems70508
11-01-2013, 09:31 AM
Good luck with your re-start!! Took me 3 years and several failed attempts to get back on the wagon. Then finally one day I said ENOUGH! and started right then and there! No time to wait and try to convince myself otherwise.

I found it really helped to have a lot of veggies already cut up on hand. That way there was no excuse. It was just a matter of opening the fridge and grabbing what I needed.

agree with everything you said! After Labor Day weekend, I thought about Ideal Protein, got in my car and drove to my clinic.

Every time I go to the grocery store, I come home and chop all my veggies and put them in measured zip locks. It helps so much! I also meausre my meat and hard boil a bunch of eggs...that way if i'm too exhausted to cook anything, I can eat the eggs! Good luck and have a safe weekend moving.

ktgrrl
11-01-2013, 11:43 AM
I'm in!! I need some teamwork/support and really do want to get back on the wagon.

foreveryoung
11-02-2013, 01:50 AM
Restarting is better than not starting at all! Let go of frustration and gain that excitement of doing something wonderful for yourselves!! YOU ARE WORTH IT!!

I wish I can buy excitement :smug: I do believe I'm worthy :)

foreveryoung
11-02-2013, 01:51 AM
I'm in!! I need some teamwork/support and really do want to get back on the wagon.

Yay! We are in! Let's support each other, let's do this :carrot:

CleverName
11-02-2013, 03:16 AM
I had 'started' this past Monday, but a few things came up- such as 15 hours spent baking cakes and icing them (can you say TEMPTING?) and then a big Halloween party. But I've had a few OP days, and I'm getting the idea of the IP plan.
Also, I'm waiting for my order of food to arrive- hopefully mid-week next week!
I am starting tomorrow, Nov. 2. This is my first time on IP.

Clarington45
11-02-2013, 06:28 AM
It will be nice to have someone ( or many ) to restart with.. I bought some IP friendly alternatives and think with moving this weekend, I will have Monday as my "official" re-start date :).. I am feeling awful seeing the scale go up a couple of pounds and don't want it to get out of hand..

Clarington45
11-02-2013, 06:29 AM

I think this is GREAT advice - thank you.. having everything handy and ready does make it a lot easier.. and I know my body / digestive system really prefers the IP diet a lot..

BetsyAnn
11-02-2013, 09:24 AM
I'm in!!! I started IP with alternatives the last day of July and thru August and September I lost 30#. In October I had some personal buisness dealings out of town and was on the road constantly so I went off plan. I still had shakes twice a day and one meal a day, so I was watching what I ate but there was some fat, dairy, etc...included in that meal pretty often. I am ready to be back on plan and dropping weight like crazy!

claustin
11-02-2013, 10:48 AM
I have been struggling so much as well. I originally did IP in Apr/May this past spring and lost 26lbs in 5 weeks. I tried to start again off and on through out the summer but only last 1-2 days and "something" would come up and I'd quit. I finally wanted to do this for real Oct 21 and lasted till Friday. Had a horrible weekend and restarted Oct 28. Did great till Oct 31. (Stupid Halloween!) So AGAIN I am restarted today. If I could just get past the four day mark I think I would be ok....I was told the first 4 days are the hardest because of the sugar detox & cravings... I really really want to start this for real. I feel so conflicted and torn. I hate the way I look, none of my clothes fit right, I feel ugly and huge (this is the biggest I've been since giving birth to my 6 year old!!) and I love watching the scale move and have so much determination...then all of a sudden none of that matters and the cravings take over. I could sit down and cry. It is such an internal struggle. Anyway, I woke up determined this morning (again) but hopefully this is my last "restart"

foreveryoung
11-02-2013, 03:44 PM

Thank you! I will go veggie shopping tomorrow to stock up my fridge.
Someone also said that we can freeze shred cauliflower so I will try that too.

foreveryoung
11-02-2013, 03:45 PM
It will be nice to have someone ( or many ) to restart with.. I bought some IP friendly alternatives and think with moving this weekend, I will have Monday as my "official" re-start date :).. I am feeling awful seeing the scale go up a couple of pounds and don't want it to get out of hand..

We can do this Clarington! Let's do this :smug:

foreveryoung
11-02-2013, 03:51 PM
I have been struggling so much as well. I originally did IP in Apr/May this past spring and lost 26lbs in 5 weeks. I tried to start again off and on through out the summer but only last 1-2 days and "something" would come up and I'd quit. I finally wanted to do this for real Oct 21 and lasted till Friday. Had a horrible weekend and restarted Oct 28. Did great till Oct 31. (Stupid Halloween!) So AGAIN I am restarted today. If I could just get past the four day mark I think I would be ok....I was told the first 4 days are the hardest because of the sugar detox & cravings... I really really want to start this for real. I feel so conflicted and torn. I hate the way I look, none of my clothes fit right, I feel ugly and huge (this is the biggest I've been since giving birth to my 6 year old!!) and I love watching the scale move and have so much determination...then all of a sudden none of that matters and the cravings take over. I could sit down and cry. It is such an internal struggle. Anyway, I woke up determined this morning (again) but hopefully this is my last "restart"

Claustin, can you believe how many pounds we can lose by New Years if we stay faithful ? Oh my I just can imagine looking great in a nice top with not muffin top? Will be awesome to welcome the new year 20 pounds lighter... We can do this!

foreveryoung
11-03-2013, 01:43 AM
I'm in!!! I started IP with alternatives the last day of July and thru August and September I lost 30#. In October I had some personal buisness dealings out of town and was on the road constantly so I went off plan. I still had shakes twice a day and one meal a day, so I was watching what I ate but there was some fat, dairy, etc...included in that meal pretty often. I am ready to be back on plan and dropping weight like crazy!

That's cool Betsy that you are watching your food intake, watching closely our food intake helps but sometimes I forget to watch lol... But I'm ready for Monday

Kristin135
11-03-2013, 01:00 AM
I will also be restarting on Monday. I have done this program with success in the past but I am having a hard time with consistency. I will be doing the alternative program that allows a few more choices due to an upcoming surgery. Once I've recovered from the surgery I am going strict phase 1. This program works but it does take a lot of determination.

I have found that weekly prep helps a ton. If I can just grab and go in the mornings I am much more likely to stay on plan. Like others have mentioned once you get through the first 4 days it gets much easier.

Lets do this once and for all and motivate each other.

CleverName
11-03-2013, 02:48 AM
It's great to see so many starting at the same time! There are a few people here who have done IP before- so what is everyone's favourite or 'go-to' lunches/dinners?

For lunches I've done sauteed zucchini and chicken breast over a bed of lettuce; or zucchini, red pepper, mushrooms, spinach sauteed and used in a 1 whole egg/2 egg white omlette; or a salad with romaine and all sorts of allowed veggies with apple cider vinegar and olive oil. I need to get over to the recipes section to get more ideas though!

I've used 1 tsp of grapeseed oil in the pan to sautee the zucchini and then chicken with- is this a no-no?

BetsyAnn
11-03-2013, 11:35 AM
My normal "go to" lunch is creamy chicken soup with pureed cauliflower and sometimes a little broccoli added to it. It tends to fill me up and is comforting on chilly days. My favorite filling cool weather dinner is Big Mac in a bowl, or sometimes I cook ground beef with my own blend of taco seasoning added and I toss in some zucchini and saute that along with it and eat all of that on a bed of greens, or stuff it into a green pepper and bake it.

foreveryoung
11-03-2013, 04:25 PM
I will also be restarting on Monday. I have done this program with success in the past but I am having a hard time with consistency. I will be doing the alternative program that allows a few more choices due to an upcoming surgery. Once I've recovered from the surgery I am going strict phase 1. This program works but it does take a lot of determination.

I have found that weekly prep helps a ton. If I can just grab and go in the mornings I am much more likely to stay on plan. Like others have mentioned once you get through the first 4 days it gets much easier.

Lets do this once and for all and motivate each other.

I will trust on those 4 days to go easier... I'm preparing myself mentally. I'm glad you are also restarting tomorrow.

foreveryoung
11-03-2013, 04:28 PM
It's great to see so many starting at the same time! There are a few people here who have done IP before- so what is everyone's favourite or 'go-to' lunches/dinners?

For lunches I've done sauteed zucchini and chicken breast over a bed of lettuce; or zucchini, red pepper, mushrooms, spinach sauteed and used in a 1 whole egg/2 egg white omlette; or a salad with romaine and all sorts of allowed veggies with apple cider vinegar and olive oil. I need to get over to the recipes section to get more ideas though!

I've used 1 tsp of grapeseed oil in the pan to sautee the zucchini and then chicken with- is this a no-no?

Yeah Clever, it's great! We all can do this together :carrot:
For lunches work for me grilled veggies and grilled chicken ... Baked chicken also works. I'm kinda tired of lettuce but I get it sometimes.

BetsyAnn
11-04-2013, 11:30 AM
Today's THE day ! :flame: :flame:

learning to fly
11-04-2013, 12:23 PM
I'm in!

I lost count of how many times I had started and failed. This time I am determined to stick with it. We can do it!! With each other's support.

knm
11-04-2013, 02:16 PM
I'm in too! I have started and stopped way too many times. I can't afford for it not to work this time, financially. My bank account is dwindling and if I'm gonna continue spending money on this diet, I need it to be worth it.
I tend to post a lot in the "Reached goal...been in maintenance...need a short reboot... anyone else?" thread, but it's been pretty quiet there lately, and I need all the extra support I can get.

One day at a time, and today is DAY 1!

SusanneXo90
11-04-2013, 03:25 PM
Hi everyone,

I too am rebooting/restarting. I've been on plan successfully for three weeks; however, last week I used mio in my waters and went up one pound.. that is the only difference that I did that week, so I now know my body is very sensitive to water flavourings. At least there is the mangosteen water enhancer from the clinic that doesn't effect anything.

It's nice to know that there are other people who are restarting around the same time as me, makes you not feel so alone in a journey that is so struggling. The second time is harder and I am sure the third would be even harder than that so lets all get this over and done with so we don't have to worry about this again!!

claustin
11-04-2013, 03:42 PM
Mio made you gain weight????

Mio is approved on this diet up to 6 servings a day. I use it in my morning water cause I cant handle just plain water that early.

SusanneXo90
11-04-2013, 03:51 PM
claustin It isn't approved at my clinic, and that is a mistake I made on my end. It may not have been the MIO, since it's TOM which plays a part; however, that is the only thing I had done differently and do not want to waste another week having it in the event it is a contributing factor.

claustin
11-04-2013, 03:59 PM
I hear ya! Every week I stress over the scale. Just struck me as "wow" when I read it lol Makes you wonder..... My coach told me that its ok up to 6 servings a day. I only use it when I absolutely have to (with breakfast) and try to stay away from it otherwise

SusanneXo90
11-04-2013, 04:09 PM
It's amazing how the advice, tips, recommendations, and what is allowed varies so much between clinics and coaches! It would be nice to have a straight answer.. all of our bodies are different though and we need to learn what works for us individually! My clinic is linked with Ideal Coaching TV, which is videos and FAQ sent from one of the main ideal protein clinics in the States/Canada by doctors and coaches; you receive videos everyday that go over so many different topics and you can ask questions under each video in which they answer too - it is VERY helpful and motivating!!

jojobananas
11-04-2013, 10:43 PM
I too need a restart.. after a few weeks of waking up feeling like crap I am ready to get back on the wagon, my body feels so much better when I follow plan! Ate totally IP today so I'm ready to start with you guys! It's so nice to have this support system! :)

foreveryoung
11-04-2013, 10:49 PM
Today's THE day ! :flame: :flame:

Yessss! How did you do? :smug:

foreveryoung
11-04-2013, 10:51 PM
I'm in!

I lost count of how many times I had started and failed. This time I am determined to stick with it. We can do it!! With each other's support.

Yes, we can do this Learning! How did you do? Hopefully great :carrot:

foreveryoung
11-04-2013, 10:55 PM
It's amazing how the advice, tips, recommendations, and what is allowed varies so much between clinics and coaches! It would be nice to have a straight answer.. all of our bodies are different though and we need to learn what works for us individually! My clinic is linked with Ideal Coaching TV, which is videos and FAQ sent from one of the main ideal protein clinics in the States/Canada by doctors and coaches; you receive videos everyday that go over so many different topics and you can ask questions under each video in which they answer too - it is VERY helpful and motivating!!

Yes, the information varies between coaches, also is about how your body respond to the program, that's when coaches tweak the program... I also get the videos too... Very helpful information.

foreveryoung
11-04-2013, 10:57 PM
I too need a restart.. after a few weeks of waking up feeling like crap I am ready to get back on the wagon, my body feels so much better when I follow plan! Ate totally IP today so I'm ready to start with you guys! It's so nice to have this support system! :)

Let's do this jojobananas, you are ready to get on the wagon so welcome! Let's do this! Together we can :carrot:

foreveryoung
11-04-2013, 11:00 PM
Today was a successful day, I'm so happy! :carrot::carrot::carrot:
Hope we all did great! Tomorrow is a new day, we can do this!

ellenaj90
11-04-2013, 11:08 PM

I just re-started following the IP plan on Friday Nov 1st. I followed the IP plan a few month ago and only lasted about two weeks (losing 10 lbs). I figured starting again would be the worst, but I have to say I feel like Im actually doing better this time around. I already know the rules, I know the recipes and Im just over-all familiar with the diet. So maybe the same will be for you too! Of course the first few day are the worst (which are just passed for me) but they really weren't that bad this time knowing all the different tips and tricks for those really bad cravings! The most important thing is that if you do end up cheating a little/lot when you first are getting started, is to just KEEP GOING. Dont make it an excuse to stop...just keep on following the diet and act like it didnt happen, and eventually you will be able to stick with it without needing to cheat!

foreveryoung
11-05-2013, 01:37 AM
I just re-started following the IP plan on Friday Nov 1st. I followed the IP plan a few month ago and only lasted about two weeks (losing 10 lbs). I figured starting again would be the worst, but I have to say I feel like Im actually doing better this time around. I already know the rules, I know the recipes and Im just over-all familiar with the diet. So maybe the same will be for you too! Of course the first few day are the worst (which are just passed for me) but they really weren't that bad this time knowing all the different tips and tricks for those really bad cravings! The most important thing is that if you do end up cheating a little/lot when you first are getting started, is to just KEEP GOING. Dont make it an excuse to stop...just keep on following the diet and act like it didnt happen, and eventually you will be able to stick with it without needing to cheat!

Thank you Ellena! Today has been great! Tomorrow is gonna be great too, I know we can do this, support and encouragement helps a lot too.

Clarington45
11-05-2013, 06:03 AM
Hi ladies, I am here with you restarting, rough weekend but was moving and cleaning and eating junk.. I am back on the IP wagon :)

Cindy56
11-05-2013, 06:50 AM
I restarted again for the 20th time yesterday, but am determined that this is it! I got to goal last spring, didn't phase off properly or do phase 4 maintenance and slowly the weight has crept up on me. I need to stop and reverse! I felt great at my goal weight and need to get back there. I'm looking forward to ketosis and no cravings so I can coast through the holidays without indulging in cookies or desserts! Best of luck to all of you.

BetsyAnn
11-05-2013, 07:21 AM
Yessss! How did you do? :smug:

Day 1 was a huge success! I had a busy day and also did a little bit of prepping veggies to have on hand. Today I'll get a bag of lettuce ready to have on hand for when/if the hungries hit! It really is all about preparing and being ready for any situation! One day at a time, One meal at a time...we can all get there!

foreveryoung
11-05-2013, 09:12 AM
Hi ladies, I am here with you restarting, rough weekend but was moving and cleaning and eating junk.. I am back on the IP wagon :)

Great! We can do this, Support and motivation from here is helping a lot!

foreveryoung
11-05-2013, 09:14 AM
I restarted again for the 20th time yesterday, but am determined that this is it! I got to goal last spring, didn't phase off properly or do phase 4 maintenance and slowly the weight has crept up on me. I need to stop and reverse! I felt great at my goal weight and need to get back there. I'm looking forward to ketosis and no cravings so I can coast through the holidays without indulging in cookies or desserts! Best of luck to all of you.

That's what I heard, phasing off properly plays a huge role in maintenance, I better do this right too. I'm also determined :smug: let's do this!

foreveryoung
11-05-2013, 09:18 AM
Day 1 was a huge success! I had a busy day and also did a little bit of prepping veggies to have on hand. Today I'll get a bag of lettuce ready to have on hand for when/if the hungries hit! It really is all about preparing and being ready for any situation! One day at a time, One meal at a time...we can all get there!

That's very true, preparation is key on this program... I am keeping shredded cauliflower in a container, I am dumping on soups, omelets, and I'll make some veggies muffins sometime this week. I know is time consuming but it's so worthy, we can do this :carrot:

claustin
11-05-2013, 11:44 AM
Feeling fully committed this week :) Its a great feeling. For the first time in 2 weeks I do not have the urge to cheat or snack or pick. I feel in control. FINALLY :bravo: I also joined the 20 by Christmas challenge. Something to look forward to and feel accountable for.

Congratulations to you all for a Successful OP day yesterday! Here's to a continuation :cheer:

SusanneXo90
11-05-2013, 11:53 AM
Wishing everyone a successful day today!!! :)

kelseys928
11-05-2013, 12:16 PM
I am relatively new (5 weeks in) and have seen a lot of these posts. It makes me nervous that so many people have had great success but then gained it plus some back. Is this normal? I would just hate to spend all this money and then when I decide to not live off of packets anymore to gain back the weight when I could have lost it naturally just slower

SusanneXo90
11-05-2013, 02:29 PM
kelseys928 Don't worry. The key to maintenance is giving up the old habits that got you to needing to lose weight in the first place. Without doing this, no matter what diet program you are on, you will gain weight back. Some of us have gained it all back whereas some of us have gained only ten pounds back and then there are some of us who simply want to lose more than what our goal weight originally was. You weight loss and your maintenance are in your hands, don't let other peoples stories affect your outcome - create your own.

claustin
11-05-2013, 02:39 PM
I am relatively new (5 weeks in) and have seen a lot of these posts. It makes me nervous that so many people have had great success but then gained it plus some back. Is this normal? I would just hate to spend all this money and then when I decide to not live off of packets anymore to gain back the weight when I could have lost it naturally just slower

It is the same as any other diet. If you go back to the way you were eating pre-diet you will gain it all back. The purpose of this diet is to change your way of thinking/eating. If you had fast food 3 times a week before the diet and gained 10 lbs, then chances are if you eat fast food 3 times a week after the diet you will gain 10 lbs. For myself, I didn't phase off the diet, just quit. And over the summer I ate what I wanted, when I wanted and how much I wanted and gained 36 lbs! Would of happened if I didn't diet too. You cant expect to do a diet and lose the weight only to pick up eating like before and not gain it back. You have to be committed to changing your way of eating after the diet as well.

SeattleNP
11-06-2013, 12:02 AM
I decided to try IP again but use less of the soy products because I had some issues with them last time. I have an appointment in my clinic on Friday for my 'official' restart but I have enough packets left from the summer to get me through till then, so I am actually starting tomorrow.

I found last time that I got pretty tired of the soups after a while but never tired of the RTD shakes so I'm planning to focus on those this time. I am also planning on adding Miralax to my daily routine from day 1 so hopefully I can also avoid THAT problem this time around ;)

Happy to see I am not alone in my journey this week. Good luck to you all!

foreveryoung
11-06-2013, 01:16 AM
Feeling fully committed this week :) Its a great feeling. For the first time in 2 weeks I do not have the urge to cheat or snack or pick. I feel in control. FINALLY :bravo: I also joined the 20 by Christmas challenge. Something to look forward to and feel accountable for.

Congratulations to you all for a Successful OP day yesterday! Here's to a continuation :cheer:

I'm also committed! So far so good, I'm not craving nor cheating, the feeling is awesome :carrot: I'm so glad you feel in control! :bravo: we can do this :smug:

foreveryoung
11-06-2013, 01:17 AM
Wishing everyone a successful day today!!! :)

Thank you Susanne, you too! :smug:

foreveryoung
11-06-2013, 01:29 AM

Kelsey ... We don't want to scare you, sorry if we did, I gained 10 pounds due to a suddenly hospitalization non IP related, I have lost 5 of those already, and I also changed my goal, all added up plus 5 more to use as buffer, as our bodies get real food they tent to gain 5 pounds or so, that's why it's important to educate ourselves in regards eating habits. I think in any program if you go back to your old habits you are going to gain all plus more. Phasing off properly is key for a successful maintenance. I haven't gained all what I lost because I didn't go back to my old habits, thanks God! lol you can do this, we are here to help, you right in regards the money spent but this pretty much is IP to you wether you fain or not. Sadly, Time and money you don't get back.

M0vingon
11-06-2013, 11:53 AM
Hiya! I also restarted Ip on Monday.

In response to this:I am relatively new (5 weeks in) and have seen a lot of these posts. It makes me nervous that so many people have had great success but then gained it plus some back. Is this normal? I would just hate to spend all this money and then when I decide to not live off of packets anymore to gain back the weight when I could have lost it naturally just slower

I had HUGE success with IP two years ago. I didn't phase off properly and I did eventually go back to my old (bad) ways of eating. I could offer a million reasons why the weight came back, but the bottom line is that I let it happen. So, my advice is to trust the plan to get the weight off and figure out a maintenance plan that you will stick with!

I'm happy to share this journey with you all.;)
Cindy

swimcoachmomma
11-06-2013, 04:55 PM
peeking around the corner into the room.. thinking it looks pretty friendly...deep breath...go for it...

Hello folks. I am back and fairly disappointed with myself. I lost 70 pounds on IP and entered maintenance in May of 2012. gained maybe 10 to 15 during the rest of 2012, but the bad habits crept back in. now i am up 35 (or if the glass is half full i am still down 35 pounds). Monday was day 1 and today is day 3. so far so good but struggling today with headache and fatigue from wrestling with the carb dragon. quitting not an option as i refuse to buy bigger clothes and am down to only 3 pairs pants!!! Anyway, i look forward to the journey with all of you.

M0vingon
11-06-2013, 05:11 PM
Hey swimcoachmomma! You and me both. I've gained back all but 12 lbs. :rolleyes:
Don't stress, you're back now and making changes. Consider it a learning curve ;)

swimcoachmomma
11-06-2013, 05:50 PM
thanks for the support, Cindy. yesterday is over so it is time to move onward. keep on keeping on.

foreveryoung
11-07-2013, 01:56 AM
peeking around the corner into the room.. thinking it looks pretty friendly...deep breath...go for it...

Hello folks. I am back and fairly disappointed with myself. I lost 70 pounds on IP and entered maintenance in May of 2012. gained maybe 10 to 15 during the rest of 2012, but the bad habits crept back in. now i am up 35 (or if the glass is half full i am still down 35 pounds). Monday was day 1 and today is day 3. so far so good but struggling today with headache and fatigue from wrestling with the carb dragon. quitting not an option as i refuse to buy bigger clothes and am down to only 3 pairs pants!!! Anyway, i look forward to the journey with all of you.

Hi swimcoachmomma! Welcome back! We are here to help each other, I'm so glad you are motivated and you're back :smug: we can do this :carrot:

foreveryoung
11-07-2013, 02:01 AM
Hey swimcoachmomma! You and me both. I've gained back all but 12 lbs. :rolleyes:
Don't stress, you're back now and making changes. Consider it a learning curve ;)

I agree, learning curve :smug:

foreveryoung
11-07-2013, 02:04 AM
So how's everybody's Wednesday went? OP? 100%? 90%?
The good news is Wednesday is almost over and tomorrow is a new day :)
Let's keep working on, don't quit. We will make it :)

smileyt03
11-07-2013, 03:05 AM
I agree. I had a bad week last week. No weight loss. But its my own fault. No one told me to indulge in a couple of fun size pieces of candy for halloween!! also I decided that eating out is a nono unless im at a steak house.

learning to fly
11-07-2013, 10:22 AM
So how's everybody's Wednesday went? OP? 100%? 90%?
The good news is Wednesday is almost over and tomorrow is a new day :)
Let's keep working on, don't quit. We will make it :)

Yes, OP100% for food but didn't have oil...I was so exceptionally lazy and only microwaved my food (didn't add any oil to it - frankly, I forgot about it).

With all of my IP restarts and stops, my body seems to be used to this and I am not feeling any trouble from carb withdrawal... although it may be too early to tell. But so far, so good!

Hope everyone else is feeling encouraged and determined! :hug:

claustin
11-07-2013, 11:03 AM
This is day 5 (Started Saturday) for me and I feel awesome! Cravings are gone, food planned out for the day, everything feels right with the world (except my 3 year olds attitude lol)

Congratulations to all the NSV and those who remained committed this week :) Huge step to over come. And to those who are still struggling, stick with it. One day it will just fall into place :) Always remember tomorrow is a fresh day, another chance to do better.

Welcome to all the new IP'ers !!

swimcoachmomma
11-07-2013, 11:08 AM
good morning all. Happy day #4. i feel so much better already in terms of fibromyalgia pain. But the carb dragon contiues to breathe down my neck. sigh. Got on scale this am and it is way worse than i had thought. will update ticker at some point. cried a little and then told myself there are two choices. I can either stop fighting and buy bigger clothes or i can keep on this path. today i choose to keep on.....have a great day

M0vingon
11-07-2013, 02:39 PM
Keep on swimcoachmomma!

I'm doing well today. Getting back into the swing has been easy thus far. :crossed: it continues this way!

I've been struggling with a nasty sinus infection for a couple of months and ended up on round 2 of antibiotics for it today. I'm not sure how this will impact progress- I seem to recall that it slows things down. At least I'll know the reason!

All the best to everyone today!

CrystalWolf
11-07-2013, 03:06 PM
Yes, OP100% for food but didn't have oil...I was so exceptionally lazy and only microwaved my food (didn't add any oil to it - frankly, I forgot about it).

With all of my IP restarts and stops, my body seems to be used to this and I am not feeling any trouble from carb withdrawal... although it may be too early to tell. But so far, so good!

Sometimes I would struggle to get my oil in, and I remembered a trick I learned from WW. I just took the oil like medicine, down the hatch like cough syrup. After I figured that out I never had to worry if I wouldn't get my oil because I decided on microwaved broccoli and boiled eggs for dinner.

Keep up the good work everyone!! :D

berteau
11-07-2013, 08:57 PM
I am so glad I found this thread!

I've been traveling and on vacation for 3 weeks and went off plan after being 99% on plan for 4 months. This break was good timing for me and I am glad to be restarting and having a crew to cheer on (and to cheer me on).

Only gained 2 lbs during my break, but this is 2 lbs extra for me to make my goal.

Looking forward to new ways to stay motivated!

jennifer2420
11-07-2013, 11:06 PM
Glad I found this! I will be restarting tomorrow. I have found every excuse to not restart since August.

foreveryoung
11-08-2013, 12:31 AM

Cool! Way to go learning to fly!
Sometimes I don't use oil instead I use water.
Let's keep determination floating around.

foreveryoung
11-08-2013, 12:37 AM
This is day 5 (Started Saturday) for me and I feel awesome! Cravings are gone, food planned out for the day, everything feels right with the world (except my 3 year olds attitude lol)

Congratulations to all the NSV and those who remained committed this week :) Huge step to over come. And to those who are still struggling, stick with it. One day it will just fall into place :) Always remember tomorrow is a fresh day, another chance to do better.

Welcome to all the new IP'ers !!

Yes! Stick with the program, we can do it :carrot: even one meal at the time.

swimcoachmomma
11-08-2013, 11:10 AM
day five. yay. less foggy today. Some craving issues last night but two cups tea and going to bed fixed it. busy next few days but will touch base occasionally. glad to have the support.

M0vingon
11-08-2013, 11:25 AM
Yay for Friday! (And it's a long weekend for me) I'm feeling great. No issues with the food and planning thus far. I have too much energy right now- to the point where I am hyper. My DH is wondering what's wrong with me :lol: Poor guy will have to put up with it for a few more days. I know it will slow down around day 9.
I'm relieved to be enjoying the process of restarting this time. I have attempted and failed previously because I had some huge mental hurdles to clear out. This time I was ready, I guess.
Had a sneak peek at the scale and I am down 6 lbs. I already feel it in my clothes (what a relief!).
Have a fabulous Friday everyone!

SusanneXo90
11-08-2013, 01:23 PM
Happy Friday all! Hope everybody's week has gone well; since it appears this is the first week for many of you restarting - CONGRATS you should be coming out of the dreadful first couple days! We've come this far and won't stop now :)

yespositively
11-08-2013, 01:32 PM
Happy Friday all! Hope everybody's week has gone well; since it appears this is the first week for many of you restarting - CONGRATS you should be coming out of the dreadful first couple days! We've come this far and won't stop now :)

I am just starting IP for the first time, but you're totally right. I'm on day 4 and already feeling a bit better. I was eating pretty low carb before but it was still an adjustment.

SeattleNP
11-08-2013, 01:35 PM
I restarted yesterday by eating low carb and have my official restart weigh-in with my IP coach today. I began eating on plan today with a vanilla crispy bar for breakfast and for lunch I will be having IP chicken noodle soup with some taco seasoned ground beef and fresh spinach added in. That will be it until WI at 4:00 p.m. then I have to hit Trader Joes for frozen veggies, shrimp, scallops, zucchini, eggs and chicken breast. Oh and sea salt and cauliflower of course!!!! I am truly frightened to get on the scale since it is TOM - but I figure that pretty much guarantees a great 2nd weigh in next week LOL!! I know tomorrow and Sunday will be pure ****, which is why I delayed the actual start to today. Work, TOM and IP induction would have been a bit much!!!!

Hockeymom40
11-08-2013, 03:18 PM

Your lucky you have 3 pairs of pants. I only have one! I was maintaining pretty good until I moved to a new city and went hog wild trying new restaurants and drinking tons of beer. It's my own fault. I let it happen, but I'm back and I have learned my lesson.

CleverName
11-08-2013, 05:55 PM
FINALLY having an OP day. This or that has come up, and I've kept thinking, well, I'm not into Ketosis yet, so...
On that note, how long does it take for most people to go into ketosis?

claustin
11-08-2013, 09:14 PM
FINALLY having an OP day. This or that has come up, and I've kept thinking, well, I'm not into Ketosis yet, so...

The average for Ketosis is 3-4 days of low carb dieting. I am always light-moderate by day 4. I usually hover between moderate and large. Some people stop showing on the ketosis stick after a few weeks but when I was on IP this past spring I still tested every morning for 5 weeks and got results. But everyone shows differently. I find testing every morning helps me stay OP.

foreveryoung
11-09-2013, 05:09 AM
Yay for Friday! (And it's a long weekend for me) I'm feeling great. No issues with the food and planning thus far. I have too much energy right now- to the point where I am hyper. My DH is wondering what's wrong with me :lol: Poor guy will have to put up with it for a few more days. I know it will slow down around day 9.
I'm relieved to be enjoying the process of restarting this time. I have attempted and failed previously because I had some huge mental hurdles to clear out. This time I was ready, I guess.
Had a sneak peek at the scale and I am down 6 lbs. I already feel it in my clothes (what a relief!).
Have a fabulous Friday everyone!

Wow!!! Wonderful news! Congratulations! :carrot::carrot:
Your hard work is paying off, WTG :carrot:

foreveryoung
11-09-2013, 05:13 AM
Glad I found this! I will be restarting tomorrow. I have found every excuse to not restart since August.

Welcome back!
You know how it is, it is hard but not impossible. We can do this! :smug:

foreveryoung
11-09-2013, 05:17 AM

I heard is up to the body in regards how sensitive is to carbs, some take up to 9 days to show it...

foreveryoung
11-09-2013, 05:20 AM
My Friday was awful! Tomorrow is a new day, hope we all have a great OP weekend!

M0vingon
11-09-2013, 06:48 AM
My Friday was awful! Tomorrow is a new day, hope we all have a great OP weekend!

Sorry to hear Friday was a struggle. Hang in there! :hug:

swimcoachmomma
11-09-2013, 10:53 AM
Your lucky you have 3 pairs of pants. I only have one! I was maintaining pretty good until I moved to a new city and went hog wild trying new restaurants and drinking tons of beer. It's my own fault. I let it happen, but I'm back and I have learned my lesson.

Congrats on the move. I remember you from the last time I was here. Werent you in North or South Dakota??

Anyway, we are back at this. sigh. Today is my 6th day and i am doing ok. The carb dragon is lurking but less constatnt than previous. Headache resolved. need to go vegetable shopping. Have a great day.

claustin
11-09-2013, 11:40 AM

Oh no! :hug: I hope you had a wonderful sleep and woke up realizing today is a brand new day! Forget yesterday and live for today. One moment, one meal, one hour at a time!! You got this!

Hockeymom40
11-09-2013, 03:14 PM
Congrats on the move. I remember you from the last time I was here. Werent you in North or South Dakota??

Anyway, we are back at this. sigh. Today is my 6th day and i am doing ok. The carb dragon is lurking but less constatnt than previous. Headache resolved. need to go vegetable shopping. Have a great day.

I remember you too! I was in NOVA. Norther Virginia. As someone else has for there description,"it's not really Virginia" :). Don't you miss Wuv (Lisa) on these boards? She was so helpful and nice. So many different threads now, the daily chat is so short. But this is the best most helpful place for support. I don't think I would have reach my goal last year with out everyone's help. I'm determine to succeed this time too. Best of luck to you. I know we can do it.

swimcoachmomma
11-09-2013, 04:37 PM
I remember you too! I was in NOVA. Norther Virginia. As someone else has for there description,"it's not really Virginia" :). Don't you miss Wuv (Lisa) on these boards? She was so helpful and nice. So many different threads now, the daily chat is so short. But this is the best most helpful place for support. I don't think I would have reach my goal last year with out everyone's help. I'm determine to succeed this time too. Best of luck to you. I know we can do it.

Agreed. We can do this. Wuv is a coach now and doing great. I'm working this weekend and realized the only veggies in the house are my hubby's. He likes radishes and they kill my stomach. Just got home with zucchini, jicama, kohlrabi, asparagus and someone just gifted me some mushrooms. Yay. Splurged on steelhead trout for supper. Have a great day.

foreveryoung
11-10-2013, 01:27 AM
Thank you for the encouragement! Today was a better day! Tomorrow is gonna be better than today :) keep pushing till I conquer this.

foreveryoung
11-10-2013, 01:32 AM
Agreed. We can do this. Wuv is a coach now and doing great. I'm working this weekend and realized the only veggies in the house are my hubby's. He likes radishes and they kill my stomach. Just got home with zucchini, jicama, kohlrabi, asparagus and someone just gifted me some mushrooms. Yay. Splurged on steelhead trout for supper. Have a great day.

I'm working tomorrow Sunday! I just made my lunch, I'm tired but I had to otherwise I will end up eating whatever is available at the cafeteria. I feel good!
Swimcoachmomma we have almost the same amount of weight to drop. Sometimes it feels impossible :(

swimcoachmomma
11-10-2013, 09:53 AM
I'm working tomorrow Sunday! I just made my lunch, I'm tired but I had to otherwise I will end up eating whatever is available at the cafeteria. I feel good!
Swimcoachmomma we have almost the same amount of weight to drop. Sometimes it feels impossible :(

Sometimes it feels impossible but less impossible for me today than yesterday. That seems like a little victory. My work is an on call type of thing so there is occasionally the illusion of having time to get stuff done. For example last night I had my 3 days of veggies starting to roast and got called in. You can't stop halfway thru roasting veggies!! Lol. Sigh. Sipping my iced "latte" with pumpkin spice SF syrup and vanilla shake. Waiting for dogs to take care of business then heading to work.

I'm doing this on my own this time without a coach and my sheet is very old. Is jicama legal?? I think so but cannot find it on sheet. Thanks. Time to bite the bullet and get real. Updating ticker now. Sigh.

learning to fly
11-10-2013, 12:53 PM
I believe jicama is legal but since it has more carbs than say cucumber or celery, you should watch not to overdo it.

As for ketosis, my ketostix never showed anything more than "trace" amounts (and more often showed "negative"), which may mean that the sticks were bad (not sensitive enough) or that because I drink a lot of water the ketones were too diluted, or perhaps that my body uses them up before they show up in urine.

claustin
11-10-2013, 04:48 PM
Jicama is on the list of approved veggies :) I love it raw more then cooked.

TracyAWC
11-10-2013, 06:51 PM
Joining a week late but so glad to have recommitted. Lost 30 plus pounds two years ago and did a decent job for awhile keeping it off but then it started creeping up slowly. My jeans selection gradually dwindled to one pair that I bought when I gained some back and when I put them on yesterday and they were tight that was it. Came back to 3FC and found myself getting motivated. I was so scared to get on the scale - I gained back all but 10 lbs. So I'm along for the ride here and also joined the Christmas challenge. Doing it with alternatives and started TODAY! I get a lot of inspiration from reading all the posts so thanks all!

SusanneXo90
11-10-2013, 07:02 PM
Hope everyone had a great weekend! I tried a new recipe that I thought I would share for anyone who has a sweet tooth!

I made muffins. I know there are lots of recipes out there involving the oatmeal (restricted) and crispy cereal (one of the higher unrestricted carb items); however, I made them with the plain omelet (only 3gram carb)! The best part, they don't deflate like the other recipes!!! They resemble actual muffins!

1 packet plain omelet
2 egg whites
1/3 cup water
1/2 TSP Baking Powder
Cinnamon to taste
Nutmeg to Taste

Oven at 325 for 15 minutes!

foreveryoung
11-10-2013, 07:28 PM
Sometimes it feels impossible but less impossible for me today than yesterday. That seems like a little victory. My work is an on call type of thing so there is occasionally the illusion of having time to get stuff done. For example last night I had my 3 days of veggies starting to roast and got called in. You can't stop halfway thru roasting veggies!! Lol. Sigh. Sipping my iced "latte" with pumpkin spice SF syrup and vanilla shake. Waiting for dogs to take care of business then heading to work.

I'm doing this on my own this time without a coach and my sheet is very old. Is jicama legal?? I think so but cannot find it on sheet. Thanks. Time to bite the bullet and get real. Updating ticker now. Sigh.

Oh wow! My hat off to you swimcoachmomma for your dedication and for doing this on your own! But you are not alone, We are here for you. Jicama is "legal" :) ... In the homepage thread list there are the sheets, I believe they are the new ones, I can email them to you if you need them, I have them all.
Today was better to me than yesterday too, like someone said bite by bite, meal by meal :).
I am heading the store shortly, need to get the pumpkin spice SF, Yum!

foreveryoung
11-10-2013, 07:40 PM
Joining a week late but so glad to have recommitted. Lost 30 plus pounds two years ago and did a decent job for awhile keeping it off but then it started creeping up slowly. My jeans selection gradually dwindled to one pair that I bought when I gained some back and when I put them on yesterday and they were tight that was it. Came back to 3FC and found myself getting motivated. I was so scared to get on the scale - I gained back all but 10 lbs. So I'm along for the ride here and also joined the Christmas challenge. Doing it with alternatives and started TODAY! I get a lot of inspiration from reading all the posts so thanks all!

Welcome Tracy! I'm glad you got motivated, I think is important the motivation, for me helps me to keep going even if I fell, I get up and keep going :)
We are helping each other to stay on track, motivating and encouraging each other, together we can!

rosemary2612
11-10-2013, 08:26 PM
I posted here this morning, but I can't find it. My apologies if I am redundant. I was here a couple of years ago and lost 120 pounds. I have gained 80 pounds back. I was in size 8 jeans and 7 pounds from my goal (that tells me that I am afraid of success). I am in size 16 jeans (tight) and my self esteem has taken a beating. I started today back on the IP diet (I do it on my own with alternative products). I am with you with restarting, a little late, but I am ready to recommit and actively participate in this thread.

SusanneXo90
11-10-2013, 08:43 PM
rosemary2612 I didn't see your early post so it was nice that you reposted. Ironically, a lot of people who lose weight are more fearful of success than failure - one of the main reasons maintenance is so difficult.

You are back on the horse and congratulations to you for getting back on it! Whether it takes you two times or ten times to be successful with losing weight and keeping it off, as long as you end up successful that is what counts! Welcome!

foreveryoung
11-10-2013, 11:14 PM
Hope everyone had a great weekend! I tried a new recipe that I thought I would share for anyone who has a sweet tooth!

I made muffins. I know there are lots of recipes out there involving the oatmeal (restricted) and crispy cereal (one of the higher unrestricted carb items); however, I made them with the plain omelet (only 3gram carb)! The best part, they don't deflate like the other recipes!!! They resemble actual muffins!

1 packet plain omelet
2 egg whites
1/3 cup water
1/2 TSP Baking Powder
Cinnamon to taste
Nutmeg to Taste

Oven at 325 for 15 minutes!

Susanne, thank you for the recipe! I'll have to purchase plain omelet, I have the herbs and spices one... I'm looking forward to try this, I like new recipes program compliant :)

foreveryoung
11-10-2013, 11:20 PM
I posted here this morning, but I can't find it. My apologies if I am redundant. I was here a couple of years ago and lost 120 pounds. I have gained 80 pounds back. I was in size 8 jeans and 7 pounds from my goal (that tells me that I am afraid of success). I am in size 16 jeans (tight) and my self esteem has taken a beating. I started today back on the IP diet (I do it on my own with alternative products). I am with you with restarting, a little late, but I am ready to recommit and actively participate in this thread.

I didn't see it either rosemary2612, I'm glad you are back and ready to restart, never it's too late, we are here in the same boat helping each other to succeed, it's helping me a lot to come here and read your comments, it's helping my motivation, it's encouraging to know that I'm not alone, that in somewhere on earth there are people that's walking the same path that I am :)
Good luck to you tomorrow in case I don't check in the am since I'm working since 6 am :)

foreveryoung
11-10-2013, 11:23 PM
I believe jicama is legal but since it has more carbs than say cucumber or celery, you should watch not to overdo it.

As for ketosis, my ketostix never showed anything more than "trace" amounts (and more often showed "negative"), which may mean that the sticks were bad (not sensitive enough) or that because I drink a lot of water the ketones were too diluted, or perhaps that my body uses them up before they show up in urine.

Kinda similar to my case those sticks never worked lol don't know the reason but I quit wasting my money on them, I only go by the scale and log all my food and follow the sheet as close as I can.

learning to fly
11-11-2013, 12:39 AM

haha, I had the same issue with one pair of jeans left, but they were not just tight, they ripped! At that point, that was it for me too. Now I only have 1 pair sweatpants and 1 pair leggings, and am trying not to go out of house much until I can fit properly into the several pairs of jeans I have at the smaller size. I am determined not to buy any clothes until I have lost weight! Which means I gotta do it quickly... :)

sunshine1986
11-11-2013, 01:13 AM
So I have decided to jump in here. I just restarted (again). I was on IP 2 1/2 years ago (July 2011). I was faithful, stayed on plan and reached my goal without any issues by September 2011. And then it all went wrong. I little by little fell off the diet and would constantly say: "tomorrow I will restart, tomorrow I will restart. I lost it once, I can do it again." I bought all these wonderful new clothes, which now collect dust in my closet.
Guess what, tomorrow never came & the only one to blame is myself.
A week ago I broke my fingers and had to go to the Dr. and
this was the wake up call I needed, as I had to get on the scale. I literally had not weighed myself in more than a year. The next day,
Friday, I went to the clinic weighed in, bought my first week and here I am.
Nothing worse than feeling like this. But I am really determined to resolve my weight issues and remain successful. I know coming back to the board and checking in will help with my accountability.
So here's to finishing my first week.....

M0vingon
11-11-2013, 07:58 AM
Good morning everyone! It's WI day. I love the boost of the first WI. GL to everyone.

I too am doing this on my own- as I did last time. It can be a challenge finding alternatives, but I have my list of go to items. Also, I don't have to go anywhere to WI, so I can do it first thing in the morning (which is kind of a bonus ;) )

It was a super busy weekend. We are renovating the basement, so I got a lot of extra physical activity in. It was totally worth the effort! :carrot: Today we can finish baseboards and put all the furniture back. Yay!

Stay positive, everyone. Have a great Monday.

Clarington45
11-11-2013, 09:15 AM

Sounds like a few of us are around the same weights and wanting to get to the same weight range :) maybe we should just alls tay where we are and this can be the new "hot look" lol.. we will all do fine..we are plugging along..:)

schenectady
11-11-2013, 09:56 AM
First weigh in since being off for a while. I lost -5 of the 10 I gained so I feel good about that BUT also know that I need to get back to being 100% - that is where I thrived before.

So, up at 6AM, took out all the garbage, yard waste, recycling for me and my neighbor (those are 94 gallon containers rolling up long hill), vacuum the entire house, clean the kitchen, dust and it is not yet 7AM. Good start to the day.

Now I am going to open and organize my Nashua Nutrition box that arrived BEFORE I went on my 'little detour'. I am going to look for fun things to make today.

learning to fly
11-11-2013, 10:16 AM
I was so excited yesterday about the weigh-in day today! :)

Congrats Cindy!

Wow, that's impressive work for the morning, schenectady! I woke up with more energy this morning, but nothing like that! :)

I'm thinking, we as a group need a challenge of our own, to keep us strong and motivated. There already is the Christmas challenge - any other ideas? Maybe we can have the "after Christmas challenge" such as, not only lose 20 lbs by Christmas, but also have to lose at least 2 pounds over the Christmas week (Week 8 WI on Mon, Dec 30), or something like that?

swimcoachmomma
11-11-2013, 10:35 AM

Welcome back. glad you are here and we are both doing it together with alternatives. my main staple is the costco Premier protein shake, but i have some Nashua stuff from last time. Confession...I was afraid to get on the scale on day 1, but did (and nearly died) on Day 4. today is day 8 and i am down 3 pounds from day 4. im ok with that!!!

So I have decided to jump in here. I just restarted (again). I was on IP 2 1/2 years ago (July 2011). I was faithful, stayed on plan and reached my goal without any issues by September 2011. And then it all went wrong. I little by little fell off the diet and would constantly say: "tomorrow I will restart, tomorrow I will restart. I lost it once, I can do it again." I bought all these wonderful new clothes, which now collect dust in my closet.
this was the wake up call I needed, as I had to get on the scale. I literally had not weighed myself in more than a year. The next day,
Nothing worse than feeling like this. But I am really determined to resolve my weight issues and remain successful. I know coming back to the board and checking in will help with my accountability.

Yay for you in coming back. we can do this!!

Sounds like a few of us are around the same weights and wanting to get to the same weight range :) maybe we should just alls tay where we are and this can be the new "hot look" lol.. we will all do fine..we are plugging along..:)

LOL on the new hottie thing!!! I like it. but i would have to give in to the Replace the fat chick wardrobe thing and I wont do it!!!

First weigh in since being off for a while. I lost -5 of the 10 I gained so I feel good about that BUT also know that I need to get back to being 100% - that is where I thrived before.

So, up at 6AM, took out all the garbage, yard waste, recycling for me and my neighbor (those are 94 gallon containers rolling up long hill), vacuum the entire house, clean the kitchen, dust and it is not yet 7AM. Good start to the day.

Now I am going to open and organize my Nashua Nutrition box that arrived BEFORE I went on my 'little detour'. I am going to look for fun things to make today.

Wow!! sounds like you have hit ketosis!! want to come clean my house??? lol.

claustin
11-11-2013, 10:50 AM
Second Weigh in today. Very happy with the numbers .... down 6.8 lbs for a total of 12.8 lbs in 2 weeks! :carrot: Just hope it keeps going like this for another 2 weeks! (wont hold my breath though)

SusanneXo90
11-11-2013, 12:02 PM
Congrats on the weigh in Claustin! Great numbers for only two weeks!

I have officially been on program for 3 weeks, starting my 4th week and have lost 18 pounds.

swimcoachmomma
11-11-2013, 12:48 PM
crazy dry mouth today!!! have had 20 oz coffee with shake, 1.5 liters water and 24 oz tea and still have dry lips. i dont remember this from last time. oh well. it is what it is....

locks
11-11-2013, 01:30 PM
I have missed you guys here.......I can always come here to find people in the same boat as me, its such an important factor in losing weight have such a great bunch of girls here!!

Yes I am restarting......its so hard the second time, I dont know why. I am using alternatives with ID protien vitamins and their snacks.... Hopefully we will be a bunch of sexi hot chicas by spring!! Even by christmas we will just be prancing around with already great losses....

Let...........the cutting of cucumbers beging lol.

vanishingchick
11-11-2013, 03:41 PM
Why is it so hard? I did great for months and then 'fell off'. Have been having a hard time restarting but trying fresh today!

locks
11-11-2013, 09:26 PM
Not sure why its so hard, its not like we dont know what to do......maybe that is just our weakness...Finished day one...... ouff.......the carb monster was whispering in my ear the whole time lol.......a slight headache, but didnt feel hungry so went pretty good...

foreveryoung
11-12-2013, 01:26 AM

Sunshine, your determination is what matters from now on, you'll succeed just like you did back on September 2011. Let's do this again, we are restarting to, I know for sure that we can do this :carrot:

foreveryoung
11-12-2013, 01:31 AM
Good morning everyone! It's WI day. I love the boost of the first WI. GL to everyone.

I too am doing this on my own- as I did last time. It can be a challenge finding alternatives, but I have my list of go to items. Also, I don't have to go anywhere to WI, so I can do it first thing in the morning (which is kind of a bonus ;) )

It was a super busy weekend. We are renovating the basement, so I got a lot of extra physical activity in. It was totally worth the effort! :carrot: Today we can finish baseboards and put all the furniture back. Yay!

Stay positive, everyone. Have a great Monday.

That's really a bonus Cindy! Yes, positive that we can conquer this!
Hope your Monday was great!

foreveryoung
11-12-2013, 01:35 AM

Wow, that's a great way to work out, and even better in the am!
Hope your day was a good one :smug:

foreveryoung
11-12-2013, 01:38 AM
Second Weigh in today. Very happy with the numbers .... down 6.8 lbs for a total of 12.8 lbs in 2 weeks! :carrot: Just hope it keeps going like this for another 2 weeks! (wont hold my breath though)

Awesome job Claustin! This is wonderful accomplishment in your part :carrot:
You'll have another successful week! Your dedication will pay off showing those numbers on the scale :smug:

foreveryoung
11-12-2013, 01:40 AM
Congrats on the weigh in Claustin! Great numbers for only two weeks!

I have officially been on program for 3 weeks, starting my 4th week and have lost 18 pounds.

Whoohoo congrats! Best of luck for your forth week :smug:

foreveryoung
11-12-2013, 01:44 AM
crazy dry mouth today!!! have had 20 oz coffee with shake, 1.5 liters water and 24 oz tea and still have dry lips. i dont remember this from last time. oh well. it is what it is....

Now that you mention, there are days that my mouth gets dry... I just get more water and use lip stuff to keep it moist.

foreveryoung
11-12-2013, 02:08 AM
I was so excited yesterday about the weigh-in day today! :)

Congrats Cindy!

Wow, that's impressive work for the morning, schenectady! I woke up with more energy this morning, but nothing like that! :)

I'm thinking, we as a group need a challenge of our own, to keep us strong and motivated. There already is the Christmas challenge - any other ideas? Maybe we can have the "after Christmas challenge" such as, not only lose 20 lbs by Christmas, but also have to lose at least 2 pounds over the Christmas week (Week 8 WI on Mon, Dec 30), or something like that?

This is a great idea learning to fly!
I like after Xtmas challenge :)

SusanneXo90
11-12-2013, 10:31 AM
Happy Tuesday everyone! Wishing all of you and me a good week and one that is OP! We can do this; this is an amazing group of people so far I think!

swimcoachmomma
11-12-2013, 01:15 PM
Good morning. This is my first day totally off and without "having to run in for a meeting" in forever. Yay. Day 9 of Ip. Doing well. First big challenge was a dinner meeting last night. Called ahead for special meal and they did a great job. The biggest temptation was tray of cookies (gingerbread) with tons of fresh berries as garnish. Sigh. Ate my Proti diet bar. It worked. Tonight is awards banquet for high school sports. It is a dessert buffet and last year I must have eaten 6000 calories!!! Oh well. It is a new year and there will be another dessert buffet next year when I can indulge prudently.

We can do this. Need to place a Nashua order as I'm using leftovers from last time. Sigh.

SusanneXo90
11-12-2013, 01:45 PM
Not sure if any of you have tried this alternative but ebay has a lot of ideal protein foods along with alternative foods for a good price. Something to check out for those of you who aren't at a clinic.

swimcoachmomma
11-12-2013, 01:56 PM
Not sure if any of you have tried this alternative but ebay has a lot of ideal protein foods along with alternative foods for a good price. Something to check out for those of you who aren't at a clinic.

Thanks. Will do. Just placed Nashua order. Did I see that quest bars are ok??

claustin
11-12-2013, 04:10 PM
Lisa posted a coupon for Nashua (I think) on the daily comment thread (just FYI)

M0vingon
11-12-2013, 05:10 PM
Hey all. Just checking in. I'm having a good day here. Went on a class outing with my sons today- so i racked up the calorie burn with walking today. I should have worn a pedometer to see how far we walked!

I have no appetite right now. I suppose that's a good thing. Sure is an oddity since I'm expecting TOM tomorrow and that usually means I am hungry all the time.

Keep hanging in there everyone.:D

CleverName
11-12-2013, 05:53 PM
I just can't seem to get my head in the game. I've had a few 100% OP days, but I have a cheat most days. I've still lost 6 lbs over the past two weeks, but I imagine it could've been a lot more. Any advice?

swimcoachmomma
11-12-2013, 06:38 PM
I just can't seem to get my head in the game. I've had a few 100% OP days, but I have a cheat most days. I've still lost 6 lbs over the past two weeks, but I imagine it could've been a lot more. Any advice?

First off. Don't beat yourself up. As we say in the west, pick yourself up and dust yourself off, find your hat and get right back in the saddle. Obsessing and beating yourself up won't change a thing except exhaust you. Plan. Make good choices when out. Drink lots of water. My coworkers are teasing me about putting my inbox in the bathroom since I'm in there so frequently.! This is not easy especially until ketosis sets in. Sometimes I just go to bed early!

I'm off to do battle with a dessert buffet armed with my protein bar. Although as we say in the west that sounds an awful lot like bringing a knife to a gunfight!!! I will slay the dragon and just enjoy celebrating with the athletes who have worked so hard this season.

learning to fly
11-12-2013, 09:57 PM
CleverName, "progress, not perfection" may be the adage for you to hold on to. :)

EVERYONE, listen up! I need a short-term challenge to keep me enthusiastic on my way to losing 100lbs. I propose that our group (Nov. 4 start) have our own challenge just for us. Since some of you may be in "20 by Christmas" already, I propose an "end of the year challenge" (or "after Christmas challenge" or however you like to call it).

This is how it works:

First part of the challenge: Whether you started on or before Nov. 4, yesterday's weigh-in (on Nov. 11) should count as "week 1". We have 8 weeks total to lose 20 lbs, or 7 weeks remaining. That is, on the weigh-in on Monday, Dec. 23, we should show 20 pounds or more weight loss. That is 2.5 lbs per week. I think that's doable, if we stay sharp and focused! ...Christmas will be so nice knowing we are 20 lbs lighter... :gift2:

Second part of the challenge: in the week 9 (plus 1 extra day since Christmas will be hard), the weigh-in will be on Tuesday, Dec. 31, and the challenge is to lose at least 2 pounds during the week of Dec 23-31! That should help us resist Christmas-goodies temptations...and truly celebrate and welcome the New Year knowing that we are 22 pounds (or more) lighter!! :newyear:

In short: lose at least 20 lbs by Dec 23 AND at least 2 lbs by Dec 31, for a total of 22 lbs by the end of the year!

Who's with me?

One more thing. I don't know how to do the google spreadsheet thingy (which I see other challenges seem to like to use) so I think it would be simpler if I just collect everyone's losses for each week and keep track for everyone who wants to participate.

Go group! :grouphug:

sunshine1986
11-12-2013, 09:59 PM
On Day 3 (work nights, started Sunday), yesterday I felt like crap and today I am tired but am chalking it up to a combination that today is my 3rd -12 hours shift, which always makes me tired. Feeling the intense need for food today. Hubby bought me my favorie NF, No-Whip Peppermint Mocha from Starbucks today, felt terrible about it but I dumped it. He was trying to give me a pick me up when I woke up this afternoon & forogt that I couldn't have it.
At work and someone offered me dehydrated veges with sea salt to snack on. They were great but I probably had 1T of the peas before I remembered... no peas! I hate peas normally but when they are dehydrated with sea salt they are awesome... ugh! Really mad about that one. Sticking to the kale and broccoli now.
Weighed myself before I came in and was down 3 lbs, so I am pretty happy about that. This has been the point when I fall off the wagon in the past when I restarted, so I know I need to really focus right now. Using the image of my skinny jeans in my closet as my incentive.
I will be slightly off on my weigh in day this week because I didn't actually start until Sunday. But I am still looking forward to stepping on the scale Thursday AM. Should make my second week look really good!

claustin
11-12-2013, 10:17 PM
In short: lose at least 20 lbs by Dec 23 AND at least 2 lbs by Dec 31, for a total of 22 lbs by the end of the year!

Who's with me?

If I am not at goal by Dec 23 then I will definitely join!! (I will sign up now just to be sure)

learning to fly
11-12-2013, 10:33 PM
If I am not at goal by Dec 23 then I will definitely join!! (I will sign up now just to be sure)

Claustin your second week loss is incredible, have you had big losses like that when you did IP before? Because for most people it slows down after the big first week....

Alright, you're in!

Hockeymom40
11-12-2013, 11:12 PM
Congrats to everyone on their losses this week. They keep me motivated. I had my first weigh in tonight. I don't know if the scale is correct, but it showed I lost 10 lbs this week! My coach doesn't have a digital scale and I wonder if I'm reading it correctly. She lets me weigh myself. Needless to say I will take it. I have never had a loss like that previously. The 1st week I was on the program last year I lost 2 lbs. I think that had to do with the amount of sodium in the foods and me not realizing it at the time. I was aware of it this time and adjusted accordingly. I also exercised this time, though not a lot. Looking forward to this week and my next weigh in.

foreveryoung
11-13-2013, 08:00 AM
On Day 3 (work nights, started Sunday), yesterday I felt like crap and today I am tired but am chalking it up to a combination that today is my 3rd -12 hours shift, which always makes me tired. Feeling the intense need for food today. Hubby bought me my favorie NF, No-Whip Peppermint Mocha from Starbucks today, felt terrible about it but I dumped it. He was trying to give me a pick me up when I woke up this afternoon & forogt that I couldn't have it.
At work and someone offered me dehydrated veges with sea salt to snack on. They were great but I probably had 1T of the peas before I remembered... no peas! I hate peas normally but when they are dehydrated with sea salt they are awesome... ugh! Really mad about that one. Sticking to the kale and broccoli now.
Weighed myself before I came in and was down 3 lbs, so I am pretty happy about that. This has been the point when I fall off the wagon in the past when I restarted, so I know I need to really focus right now. Using the image of my skinny jeans in my closet as my incentive.
I will be slightly off on my weigh in day this week because I didn't actually start until Sunday. But I am still looking forward to stepping on the scale Thursday AM. Should make my second week look really good!

Good for you for staying strong, that shows you are determine! Thanks for inspiring me.

foreveryoung
11-13-2013, 08:04 AM
CleverName, "progress, not perfection" may be the adage for you to hold on to. :)

20 lbs by Dec 23 AND at least 2 lbs by Dec 31, for a total of 22 lbs by the end of the year[/B]!

I'm in! It will be a real challenge but so needed for me.
I'm not into much in the google thingy spreadsheet but if that's the tool to log I'm ok with that - I just don't access thru my PC - only but iPhone or iPad and when I'm running here and there and have a little break like waiting for appointments :smug:

SusanneXo90
11-13-2013, 10:45 AM
I want to lose more than 20 pounds by Christmas but I am in!

learning to fly
11-13-2013, 03:23 PM
I'm in! It will be a real challenge but so needed for me.
I'm not into much in the google thingy spreadsheet but if that's the tool to log I'm ok with that - I just don't access thru my PC - only but iPhone or iPad and when I'm running here and there and have a little break like waiting for appointments :smug:

I want to lose more than 20 pounds by Christmas but I am in!

Alright! :carrot:

Foreveryoung and Susanne, I need your weigh-in loss for week 1 (Monday, Nov 11), because I find it easier to just collect info and post a combined list each Monday...I can keep it private if you'd like.

Susanne, you can definitely lose more before Christmas! Remember that half the challenge is to lose at least 2 pounds during the Christmas week too. :) I think that's the harder part :)

Foreveryoung, you WILL succeed. Failure is not an option! You and I. Will. Do. This. Even if it kills us! :)

Claustin, I already have your week1 loss since you posted it.

Who else wants to join?

claustin
11-13-2013, 03:42 PM
Claustin your second week loss is incredible, have you had big losses like that when you did IP before? Because for most people it slows down after the big first week....

Alright, you're in!

The first time I did IP I was on it for 5 weeks and lost 26lbs. My weigh ins went like this:

W1 - 9.2
W2 - 1.4
W3 - 3.4
W4 - I quit for the weekend and completely binged gaining 10lbs over 4 days!
W5- 11.8

Then I plateaued for 2 weeks and just quit. I was 5lbs from Goal and comfortable with my weight and the way I felt/looked. But I quit instead of phasing off. Binged all summer and put on 36lbs!

I was pleasantly surprised with my second weigh in this time around! I am expecting it to slow down to 1-2lbs a week from here on out

rosemary2612
11-13-2013, 07:32 PM
I am in - I just restarted after 3 years. I have to use my start weight since I don't weigh until Saturday.

SusanneXo90
11-13-2013, 10:11 PM
My weigh in was 3.2 for week 1.

SkinnyChiz
11-13-2013, 11:15 PM
Understandable feelings, I am at the end of my excuses. I am working away from home and have lots of free time. You can do this...I can do this

sunshine1986
11-14-2013, 12:21 AM
Hi Everyone. Late starting for the challenge and I have not even finished my week one, but I would like to join it if I can.
I will weigh in tomorrow afternoon when I wake up. Decided to work another night at the hospital (4th -12 hr), so I am not sure how that will reflect in my weigh in. Crazy as it is, I previously found that if I got a good nights rest before my weigh ins, they were always way better than if I weighed in immediately after getting off my 3 night shifts of work.
Nonetheless, I cannot make it the clinic on Friday and I don't want to wait until Monday, so I will be weighing in tomorrow.
Had to come into the hospital at 3:00 this afternoon after only 7 hours of sleep and will be here until tomorrow AM @ 7:30 (16 hour day). I drank a protein shake on my way in, because I knew I wold be sitting in a meeting for the first 4 hours today. My boss had dinner catered in and it was Taco Bar. opted to make myself a taco salad using lettuce, jalapenos, tomatoes, grilled chicken breast and just a small scoop of the lean burger. A bit concerned about the seasoning, which is why I didn't use much of the burger. Will be satisifed with any negative at this point, because I have really worked hard the last 4 days.
Will update you all again tomorrow on my results... just to maintain my accountability to sticking to it.

sunshine1986
11-14-2013, 12:28 AM
I am in - I just restarted after 3 years. I have to use my start weight since I don't weigh until Saturday.

Great job just getting back here! :carrot: I am in the same boat after 2 years, but i promised myself this was it! I am determined to break the cycle of the yo-yo, up and down weight! I don't want to worry anymore about what I want to wear or if something in my closet will no longer fit.
Congrats on starting again!!

CleverName
11-14-2013, 01:42 AM
Swimcoachmomma and learningtofly, thanks for the advice, I really appreciate it. I think especially 'progress not perfection' is applicable to where I'm at right now. Just doing this program 90% so far is really a HUGE leap from where I was at before. And I really am not complaining with -6 lbs in two weeks. I just wish I had more discipline. :)

Learning to fly, I'm in for the challenge- so it's a New Year's Challenge?

Hockeymom40, congrats, that loss is amazing! Especially at your starting weight. It's a great motivation for me to see someone closer to my stats doing IP and seeing how you're doing. :)

Welcome to everyone who has just joined!

M0vingon
11-14-2013, 08:23 AM
Good luck to all of you who are doing the challenge! :carrot:

I'm doing fine here. Weighing every other day in the morning and waiting to see a new number. I've been bouncing around the same lb for a couple of days. Also waiting for TOM to show as it's slightly delayed- which is odd.

I am at the point where I have lost my hunger and my appetite. I am really struggling to get the salads in, but I can manage the veggies and protein.

I am planning a party this Saturday and I'm struggling to find some recipes that are party friendly and IP friendly! I've decided to try making cauliflower hummus so that I have something to dip veggies into and some sort of satay with no sugar in the sauce. Everything else will be off limits. I may not care if my hunger stays gone :o

Have a great day everyone!:D

foreveryoung
11-14-2013, 09:45 AM
Hi Everyone. Late starting for the challenge and I have not even finished my week one, but I would like to join it if I can.
I will weigh in tomorrow afternoon when I wake up. Decided to work another night at the hospital (4th -12 hr), so I am not sure how that will reflect in my weigh in. Crazy as it is, I previously found that if I got a good nights rest before my weigh ins, they were always way better than if I weighed in immediately after getting off my 3 night shifts of work.
Nonetheless, I cannot make it the clinic on Friday and I don't want to wait until Monday, so I will be weighing in tomorrow.
Had to come into the hospital at 3:00 this afternoon after only 7 hours of sleep and will be here until tomorrow AM @ 7:30 (16 hour day). I drank a protein shake on my way in, because I knew I wold be sitting in a meeting for the first 4 hours today. My boss had dinner catered in and it was Taco Bar. opted to make myself a taco salad using lettuce, jalapenos, tomatoes, grilled chicken breast and just a small scoop of the lean burger. A bit concerned about the seasoning, which is why I didn't use much of the burger. Will be satisifed with any negative at this point, because I have really worked hard the last 4 days.
Will update you all again tomorrow on my results... just to maintain my accountability to sticking to it.

Never is too late sunshine! Welcome. We can do this.
I do sometimes fix also my taco salad the way, kinda close but I make it work.
Hope today is better for you :smug:

swimcoachmomma
11-14-2013, 09:51 AM
good morning all. Today I am down 4.2 pounds. yay. My first weigh in was on day 4 as i was afraid to do it earlier. today is day 11. doing well.. traveling for conference tonight and tomorrow. have my jicama and kohlrabi cut up and in the cooler with my RTDs. Probably a bit puffy today because of not getting all the veggies or all the water yesterday. it was insane at work. sigh. but i will take the 4.2. lol

foreveryoung
11-14-2013, 09:52 AM
Good luck to all of you who are doing the challenge! :carrot:

I'm doing fine here. Weighing every other day in the morning and waiting to see a new number. I've been bouncing around the same lb for a couple of days. Also waiting for TOM to show as it's slightly delayed- which is odd.

I am at the point where I have lost my hunger and my appetite. I am really struggling to get the salads in, but I can manage the veggies and protein.

I am planning a party this Saturday and I'm struggling to find some recipes that are party friendly and IP friendly! I've decided to try making cauliflower hummus so that I have something to dip veggies into and some sort of satay with no sugar in the sauce. Everything else will be off limits. I may not care if my hunger stays gone :o

Have a great day everyone!:D
TOM is about to get here, I can feel almost its presence lol
I will WI tomorrow officially at my coach office. Then I'm going on vacation for an early Thanksgiving, hope I can stay OP, I will try hard.
No hunger, no appetite means you're in ketosis!! Wonderful!! Those pounds will melt! Great for ya!:carrot:

foreveryoung
11-14-2013, 09:56 AM
good morning all. Today I am down 4.2 pounds. yay. My first weigh in was on day 4 as i was afraid to do it earlier. today is day 11. doing well.. traveling for conference tonight and tomorrow. have my jicama and kohlrabi cut up and in the cooler with my RTDs. Probably a bit puffy today because of not getting all the veggies or all the water yesterday. it was insane at work. sigh. but i will take the 4.2. lol

Great! Congratulations ! That's awesome!
I feel puffy when I eat salty stuff and no enough water, water helps to flush off stuff.
I learned that Preparation is key for this program. It really takes dedication and commitment :smug: we can do this, again, you are doing great! :carrot:

claustin
11-14-2013, 03:26 PM
Had a rough night last night :( But....I am enjoying this Bright, New, Fresh day!

Got a sick little girl today. So lots of cuddles and movies. getting tired of all the veggies (which is a first for me cause I love veggies) so I'm off to google some IP Veggie recipes. Hope everyone is enjoying their OP IP day :)

sunshine1986
11-14-2013, 04:11 PM
Super quick post before I go visit my new niece... down 4.1!!! Yeah me.. and that was only 5 days on... but considered my 1st week. Next weigh is next Thursday...Have a great day ladies, this one is flying high on protein shakes :0)

sunnymae
11-14-2013, 09:22 PM
Monday will be 3 weeks since my reboot...whew!!!! This has been part ok and part super struggle. Not as easy as last time. The only advantage I have is that I already know how great I felt at my goal weight and on a hard day that keeps me going. I've been more hungry this time as well. I'll WI on Monday and let you know how I"ve done so far. Wish me luck!! I've been in the 90-100% OP group and this will have to do. Have to stop comparing to last time! The fact that I even got started again is a miracle :0)

foreveryoung
11-15-2013, 02:04 AM
Had a rough night last night :( But....I am enjoying this Bright, New, Fresh day!

Got a sick little girl today. So lots of cuddles and movies. getting tired of all the veggies (which is a first for me cause I love veggies) so I'm off to google some IP Veggie recipes. Hope everyone is enjoying their OP IP day :)

Claustin, hopefully today was better!
There are times that I want to give up on veggies but then I have to remind myself that veggies are very important part of this diet!

foreveryoung
11-15-2013, 02:05 AM
Super quick post before I go visit my new niece... down 4.1!!! Yeah me.. and that was only 5 days on... but considered my 1st week. Next weigh is next Thursday...Have a great day ladies, this one is flying high on protein shakes :0)

Great work sunshine!:carrot::carrot::carrot:

foreveryoung
11-15-2013, 02:09 AM
Monday will be 3 weeks since my reboot...whew!!!! This has been part ok and part super struggle. Not as easy as last time. The only advantage I have is that I already know how great I felt at my goal weight and on a hard day that keeps me going. I've been more hungry this time as well. I'll WI on Monday and let you know how I"ve done so far. Wish me luck!! I've been in the 90-100% OP group and this will have to do. Have to stop comparing to last time! The fact that I even got started again is a miracle :0)

Sunny, for my own experience it seems reboot or restart is not easy, I'm trying to find a good reason as to why is hard but I can't find it!
There are days that I do great but then I fall off the wagon, I don't understand why! But to come here at least once a day and read how great everyone is doing give me hope and motivation to keep going.
3 weeks is a good number of days, good luck in your WI!

foreveryoung
11-15-2013, 02:13 AM
Hello wonderful IPers!
I'm flying to visit family for a week! Oh my I'm scare as it's gonna be hard to stay P1, I'll have to do P3 during my vacation... I'll try to walk as much as I can, I'm taking with me the browny cookies to satisfy my sweet tooth, then I plan to go easy on carbs and fat and will try to separate them, I have done this before while I was on P3... Gotta remember those great times :)

M0vingon
11-15-2013, 07:49 AM
Hello wonderful IPers!
I'm flying to visit family for a week! Oh my I'm scare as it's gonna be hard to stay P1, I'll have to do P3 during my vacation... I'll try to walk as much as I can, I'm taking with me the browny cookies to satisfy my sweet tooth, then I plan to go easy on carbs and fat and will try to separate them, I have done this before while I was on P3... Gotta remember those great times :)

:cp:Way to go on having a plan. Don't be scared! there is always discomfort in denying ourselves things we want, but it doesn't kill us (usually) ;)
:dust:

I'm doing well. Still no appetite. I am struggling a lot with that yucky slimy mouth feeling. I put a squirt of bottled lemon juice in one of my water bottles yesterday and it helped a bit. I just hate that feeling. On the positive side, I saw my new number today! The pattern of my losses are turning out to be very similar to last time I did IP.

Have a fabulous Friday, everyone! Stay strong!

swimcoachmomma
11-16-2013, 09:45 AM
Good morning all. Hope all is well. I have slain another dragon.... The professional conference. (Spoiler alert: I was not 100 percent). Worked all day Thursday and drove 3.5 hours to conference. Had had my 3 usual meals that day and snacked on jicama on the way. Had late dinner of a salad with grilled chicken and a bit of bleu cheese crumbles. Conference day started with a shake. Walked past the fruit, yogurt, muffins, scones, etc. morning break. Jicama and kohlrabi. Lunch was an Italian buffet!! Big salad with regular dressing and 3 meatballs. In the past it would have been spaghetti, lasagna, meatballs and at least two desserts. Afternoon snack jicama and kohlrabi while the buffet was popcorn, trail mix, brownies and cookies. Supper at Applebee's with chicken, grilled veg. Not perfect but not a disaster. Home now with coffee, shake, tea, and water. Gonna pee out the salt load!!

Have a great day ladies.

SusanneXo90
11-16-2013, 04:43 PM
Hey everyone, haven't been on for a few days but glad to see everyone trying their best and sticking to plan. I had my weigh in this morning and was only down 2.8 pounds. I had way bigger drops the first time on IP, anyone noticing a difference as far as weigh ins go? Does anyone have any advice as to how to increase the weight loss to be greater each week? Thanks :) Happy weekend to you all!

foreveryoung
11-16-2013, 11:28 PM
Good morning all. Hope all is well. I have slain another dragon.... The professional conference. (Spoiler alert: I was not 100 percent). Worked all day Thursday and drove 3.5 hours to conference. Had had my 3 usual meals that day and snacked on jicama on the way. Had late dinner of a salad with grilled chicken and a bit of bleu cheese crumbles. Conference day started with a shake. Walked past the fruit, yogurt, muffins, scones, etc. morning break. Jicama and kohlrabi. Lunch was an Italian buffet!! Big salad with regular dressing and 3 meatballs. In the past it would have been spaghetti, lasagna, meatballs and at least two desserts. Afternoon snack jicama and kohlrabi while the buffet was popcorn, trail mix, brownies and cookies. Supper at Applebee's with chicken, grilled veg. Not perfect but not a disaster. Home now with coffee, shake, tea, and water. Gonna pee out the salt load!!

Have a great day ladies.
Good job for skipping the buffet... I always say sometimes is not P1, it's P 3 :) -- I try to make the most of it with what I have available. I don't beat myself up, tomorrow is another day and it's gonna be better than today :):carrot:

foreveryoung
11-16-2013, 11:36 PM
Hey everyone, haven't been on for a few days but glad to see everyone trying their best and sticking to plan. I had my weigh in this morning and was only down 2.8 pounds. I had way bigger drops the first time on IP, anyone noticing a difference as far as weigh ins go? Does anyone have any advice as to how to increase the weight loss to be greater each week? Thanks :) Happy weekend to you all!

Susan, 2.8 is a very good number!
There are a lot of factors that sometimes slow down the process, I have notice when I don't drink more than 12 cups is like I don't flush all the salt, I avoid too much salty stuff the day before my WI, and drink a lot of water... I get tired drinking plain water so I was drinking Propel, but noticed that slows down the scale, mangosteen seems not to affect my weigh loss, so I am purchasing it from my clinic, I use one packet for 32oz. Also when I only sleep 5 hours my weight loss stalls, don't know why but it does. stress doesn't help either, I retain water! Eating restricted or unrestricted really doesn't affect my weight loss which I hear some people notice otherwise, our bodies are very unique!
Have a great weekend and good luck at your next WI.:carrot:

sunshine1986
11-17-2013, 03:36 AM
Night before my work week starts again, so I'm up late preparing. Glad the weekend is over (how many people say that). Late night was my heavy munching time & I've noticed on my days off at about midnight my hunger goes into hyperdrive. Did ok though, ate a egg & lots of h2o....
Realizing that if I start, I might not stop. Growing up I never did the late night munchie thing, but that changed about 10 years ago, now I have to figure out what triggers it. Habit? Anyone else with that issue? How do you handle it?

learning to fly
11-17-2013, 02:10 PM
The First Part of "the New Year's Challenge": 20 lbs or more 'till Christmas!

claustin (-6.8) (13.2 to go 'till Christmas)
CleverName (-6?) (14 to go 'till Christmas)
foreveryoung (?)
learning to fly (-5) (15 to go 'till Christmas)
rosemary2612 (?)
sunshine1986 (-4.1) (15.9 to go 'till Christmas)
SusanneXo90 (-3.2)+(-2.8)=-6 (14 to go 'till Christmas)

Doesn't matter what day is your weigh-in, this is a fun challenge to motivate us, not an exact science. :) The point is to lose 20 lbs (or more!) until Christmas, whenever the start date is in your books. Anyone else wants to jump in, just say so! (Likewise, let me know if you see a mistake in the numbers or math or if I've missed you or anything else...)

The second part of "the New Year's Challenge": Lose at least 2 lbs between Christmas and New Year's!

learning to fly
11-17-2013, 02:29 PM
I hope everyone is doing "better than I am".....The last 3 days I totally fell of the wagon and ate lots of carbs and lots of calories. It all started because one day I was unprepared for being out and without IP friendly food for too many hours - longer than I thought I'd be, and in the end I broke down and had a subway footlong. But after that I just kept on eating cookies and apples and cottage cheese and brownies and the whole pizza and sugary coca cola and ...don't even remember all that I had eaten over the 3 days. I just hope that whatever weight I gained will not be fat but glycogen, water, and such.

I'm not exactly losing heart over this, just wish I had only one day off program as opposed to 3 days. I don't know if this is smart, but I think I may have to plan how to "fail" in a way that is least damaging..."harm reduction" approach of sorts. I'm thinking that the next time I feel that I will fall off the wagon, I need to go and buy whole bunch of fruit and make oatmeal and just gorge on those, which will be more nutritious and "good for me" than eating cookies and similar.

I am OP today (well, so far) and we'll see what damage was done tomorrow morning when I weigh in. :)

But, I think I will just keep repeating the mantra to myself: progress, not perfection!!! (As long as there is progress, that is...)

Stay strong, group! And don't do as I do..... :)

swimcoachmomma
11-17-2013, 06:38 PM
I hope everyone is doing "better than I am".....The last 3 days I totally fell of the wagon and ate lots of carbs and lots of calories. It all started because one day I was unprepared for being out and without IP friendly food for too many hours - longer than I thought I'd be, and in the end I broke down and had a subway footlong. But after that I just kept on eating cookies and apples and cottage cheese and brownies and the whole pizza and sugary coca cola and ...don't even remember all that I had eaten over the 3 days. I just hope that whatever weight I gained will not be fat but glycogen, water, and such.

I'm not exactly losing heart over this, just wish I had only one day off program as opposed to 3 days. I don't know if this is smart, but I think I may have to plan how to "fail" in a way that is least damaging..."harm reduction" approach of sorts. I'm thinking that the next time I feel that I will fall off the wagon, I need to go and buy whole bunch of fruit and make oatmeal and just gorge on those, which will be more nutritious and "good for me" than eating cookies and similar.

I am OP today (well, so far) and we'll see what damage was done tomorrow morning when I weigh in. :)

But, I think I will just keep repeating the mantra to myself: progress, not perfection!!! (As long as there is progress, that is...)

Welcome back. The tortilla chips at the Mexican restaurant were fun to watch!! They jumped out of the basket and into the salsa and down my throat!! Can you imagine?? Seriously I chose to eat them and today I'm back on the wagon!!

Glad u made it back as well.

Hockeymom40
11-17-2013, 07:13 PM

Just get back on the wagon and next time you are in that situation buy a pure protein bar or go to subway again but get a chicken and spinach salad. They are so good and you can put on it the same things you put on a sandwich. You can do this! You deserve this. Be strong. I don't know where I got this but I read it often to remind myself it takes work. "It takes an extraordinary effort to reach an extraordinary result. If you think you can achieve great things, using average efforts you're only kidding yourself."

Hockeymom40
11-17-2013, 07:23 PM

Have a great day ladies.

I think you did really great! If I ate Caesar salad I would eat the cheese and it really didn't affect my losses since it was only occasionally. I think you will be fine.

learning to fly
11-17-2013, 08:56 PM
Thanks swimcoach and hockeymom! I do like this quote. :)

"It takes an extraordinary effort to reach an extraordinary result. If you think you can achieve great things, using average efforts you're only kidding yourself."

foreveryoung
11-17-2013, 08:59 PM

Welcome back! We live and learn :) I'm glad you're back OP.

foreveryoung
11-17-2013, 09:10 PM
These days are "hard" but we can do it :) let's keep pushing the train... Motivation and encouragement are really helping me :)

sunshine1986
11-18-2013, 01:28 AM
At work tonight and it is absolutely freezing. Decided last week when buying product to give the hot chocolate a try with much persuasion from my coach. I am in shock because it is SO good. I feel like I am totally cheating tonight! Will have to remember this for next week because this is a real treat and will satisfy the need for sweets.
Congrats to everyone who is back on plan. The hardest part is coming back and you all did it!

SusanneXo90
11-18-2013, 10:42 AM
sunshine1986 Is the hot chocolate a new product from IP or are you using alternative products?

Happy Monday everyone! Here's to the start of an OP week!

claustin
11-18-2013, 11:13 AM
sunshine1986 Is the hot chocolate a new product from IP or are you using alternative products?

Happy Monday everyone! Here's to the start of an OP week!

I think she is talking about the Chocolate Drink mix warmed up....I have it every morning for breakfast! Delicious!!

claustin
11-18-2013, 11:17 AM
Today is weigh-in number 3....I had a feeling the scale wouldn't move and I wasn't far off. Down 1.6 this week. But I'll take it seeing how my last 2 weigh-ins were big. But really hoping for 3 or higher next week. Got to get out of the 150's! Then I'll start to feel good about myself and this diet. This is the biggest I've been besides being pregnant and its really taking a toll on my self-esteem. My current weight is what I was this past spring when I decided to try IP. Which is depressing considering I have been on round 2 since Nov 1. But, nonetheless, I will keep going and I will get back to goal. And hopefully have the will power and stamina to stay there!

Happy Monday everyone!

usmcvet
11-18-2013, 11:22 AM
Hey just checking in. I am re starting today! I hope you all have an awesome IP day!

SusanneXo90
11-18-2013, 11:24 AM
Thanks Claustin, I figured that was what she meant, just thought I'd check!

learning to fly
11-18-2013, 12:22 PM
(in red is WI #3 results)

claustin (-6.8)+(-1.6)=-8.4 (11.6 to go 'till Christmas)
foreveryoung (?)
learning to fly (-5)+(-1.4)=-6.4 (13.6 to go 'till Christmas)
rosemary2612 (?)

Woohoo! I lost 1.4 lbs!! Yay, I'm so happy, given I was off-P (in a major way) for 3 days! I weigh 231.6 - the ticker seems to be disregarding decimals and rounding-UP the loss (my loss so far over the two weeks is 6.4 lbs).

SusanneXo90
11-18-2013, 12:33 PM
Thanks for keeping track of all of our weigh ins learning to fly! And good weigh in considering not fully being OP!! :)

learning to fly
11-18-2013, 12:36 PM

All I can do is repeat what I have heard others say on this forum: make sure you drink lots of water, if you have been constipated for a few days you may be carrying several pounds of weight there, make sure you don't skip the salt and the oil, and don't exercise - or if you do exercise, then make sure your heart rate doesn't get too high (i.e., decrease intensity of exercise to half of what you would normally do) AND drink extra packet or two soon after the exercise.

Another thing that I haven't read being discussed, but I totally think it makes perfect sense, is that the diet calls for unchanged amount of calories and everything whether you are 300 lbs or 150 lbs, and that doesn't make sense to me. I agree that I wouldn't want to limit caloric intake too much, but a little decrease as I get smaller seems reasonable, for the purpose of keeping the losses from getting so small that they become discouraging.... But I may be totally wrong, maybe it's unhealthy, I don't know.

learning to fly
11-18-2013, 12:44 PM
Hey just checking in. I am re starting today! I hope you all have an awesome IP day!

Welcome!

Thanks for keeping track of all of our weigh ins learning to fly! And good weigh in considering not fully being OP!! :)

You're welcome, and thanks! I'm looking forward to all of us reaching our individual goals.

M0vingon
11-18-2013, 01:50 PM
Hello all!

It has been a super busy weekend. It was a struggle to manage my eating during such a busy time. I can't say I did well, but it wasn't a disaster.

WI today and I am down 3.6 lbs from last week. I think it's a miracle since I didn't eat properly or drink nearly enough water over the weekend.

I hope everyone has a great day and a fabulous WI for those who do it today!

swimcoachmomma
11-18-2013, 03:03 PM

Yay Vet. welcome back. I am here again too!!!

schenectady
11-18-2013, 03:09 PM
Not caught back onto the program yet - falling off has been really really hard and I am looking for the motivation to get back on it!

Sometimes, I can know when it is right because it is like a light bulb going off in my head, but that hasn't hit yet.

I am back to the old Monday morning routine of swearing that this is the beginning of the week that I will restart my diet stuff that I have gone through all my life.

I have not gone way off, still about 3 pounds over my lowest but it is the lack of mental dedication that is scaring me.

foreveryoung
11-18-2013, 03:39 PM
Hello all!

It has been a super busy weekend. It was a struggle to manage my eating during such a busy time. I can't say I did well, but it wasn't a disaster.

WI today and I am down 3.6 lbs from last week. I think it's a miracle since I didn't eat properly or drink nearly enough water over the weekend.

I hope everyone has a great day and a fabulous WI for those who do it today!

Whoooooohooooo :carrot: wether is a miracle or not take it my friend and dance around :) congrats!

foreveryoung
11-18-2013, 03:40 PM
Not caught back onto the program yet - falling off has been really really hard and I am looking for the motivation to get back on it!

Sometimes, I can know when it is right because it is like a light bulb going off in my head, but that hasn't hit yet.

I am back to the old Monday morning routine of swearing that this is the beginning of the week that I will restart my diet stuff that I have gone through all my life.

I have not gone way off, still about 3 pounds over my lowest but it is the lack of mental dedication that is scaring me.

One meal at the time I always say to myself, keep trying, don't give up... Motivation and commitment will get to you, keep pushing, don't get discourage, we are in the same boat :)
Hugs to you, let's do this :)

learning to fly
11-18-2013, 06:38 PM

I don't really understand, do you only have 3 pounds to lose? I'm going to assume you have a lot more to lose, so that what I am about to suggest would make sense: surefire way for me to know with utmost certainty that I need to lose weight is to go to a store and try some clothes on. There is especially the one particular store that has the most awful mirrors in the changing room and I am always horrified when I look at my body in those mirrors. Plus I realize what a huge size I need and how bad it looks on me versus the skinny model.

There are many ways you can re-motivate yourself, and this one was just one example. :) But I do feel your pain, for me, lack of motivation is something that plagued me my whole life.

sunshine1986
11-18-2013, 11:25 PM

foreveryoung (?)
rosemary2612 (?)

Woohoo! I lost 1.4 lbs!! Yay, I'm so happy, given I was off-P (in a major way) for 3 days! I weigh 231.6 - the ticker seems to be disregarding decimals and rounding-UP the loss (my loss so far over the two weeks is 6.4 lbs).

CONGRATS!!! That is so awesome and you were so worried yesterday. But maybe its a good way to keep the mind straight!! Enjoy your week OP :)

sunshine1986
11-18-2013, 11:30 PM
Okay so today has been a really hard one for me. I feel like I have an empty pit in my stomach and could eat anything and everything! Its crazy how you have days like that. I am guessing it is because I have not had enough veges & that I didn't get enough sleep when I got off work this AM. I did all my grocery shopping for this week and next. Wanted to be beat the Thanksgiving crowds. I ate a good solid dinner, but I forgot tohave my protein shake before I went to bed, which makes me wake up totally hungry. Have already had one shake at work but am going to try another one to see if that works. Thoughts?

SusanneXo90
11-19-2013, 10:39 AM
sunshine1986 I find that I sometimes have days like that too. I know they say when you are in ketosis you are never hungry, I usually am not hungry but there are days when I am in ketosis and I am hungry. Stock up on lettuce for times you are in a bind - or what I do is get some walden farms cinnamon raison peanut butter and will have a spoonful that usually does me over for awhile. If you forget any of your protein packets throughout the day, you can have them whenever to make sure you get them in, just as long as you get them in! :)

schenectady
11-19-2013, 10:53 AM
One meal at the time I always say to myself, keep trying, don't give up... Motivation and commitment will get to you, keep pushing, don't get discourage, we are in the same boat :)
Hugs to you, let's do this :)

Thank you for the hug, all the way from wherever in Washington - couldn't be too far from me!

I did take one meal at a time and finally made it through one day 100% on program. And finally today I hit a weight lower than when I "dropped out".

That gives me great motivation to get going in the positive direction. Again, one hour, one meal, one day....

learning to fly
11-19-2013, 11:21 AM
I did take one meal at a time and finally made it through one day 100% on program. And finally today I hit a weight lower than when I "dropped out".

I'm so happy for you, and so proud of you!

I did okay yesterday too - I was craving the sugar rush but didn't succumb to it.

schenectady
11-19-2013, 11:27 AM
I don't really understand, do you only have 3 pounds to lose? I'm going to assume you have a lot more to lose, so that what I am about to suggest would make sense: surefire way for me to know with utmost certainty that I need to lose weight is to go to a store and try some clothes on. There is especially the one particular store that has the most awful mirrors in the changing room and I am always horrified when I look at my body in those mirrors. Plus I realize what a huge size I need and how bad it looks on me versus the skinny model.

There are many ways you can re-motivate yourself, and this one was just one example. :) But I do feel your pain, for me, lack of motivation is something that plagued me my whole life.

Thanks, leaningtofly. First, I had 3 pounds to lose of the 10 I had gained when I went off program. I have 69 to lose total, still left.

I think tomorrow I will take your suggestion because I do not reall have a good idea of what the 41 pounds I have lost actually looks like. I think we never really have an accurate picture of our weight because it is a way of being in denial when it is really high. That is why when I see a photograph I freak because I cannot believe how out of hand I let it get.

Our son announced his engagement recently and I have until October of next year to pull off a stunning loss! I have another family wedding in July (in hot sweltering Atlanta) so I also want to be healthy and skinny by then so I do not sweat to death. Great motivation - clothes!

learning to fly
11-19-2013, 11:33 AM
Okay so today has been a really hard one for me. I feel like I have an empty pit in my stomach and could eat anything and everything! Its crazy how you have days like that. I am guessing it is because I have not had enough veges & that I didn't get enough sleep when I got off work this AM. I did all my grocery shopping for this week and next. Wanted to be beat the Thanksgiving crowds. I ate a good solid dinner, but I forgot tohave my protein shake before I went to bed, which makes me wake up totally hungry. Have already had one shake at work but am going to try another one to see if that works. Thoughts?

I heard people say and I do believe that the "empty pit" and "gnawing hunger" feeling means you are going to have a big whoosh.

Also I too feel hungry - in some kind of crazed way, craving fast carbs - when I'm tired.

I'd say definitely have another packet when you feel you need it, because even the most restricted one is really not that many calories and sometimes the body needs them if you have spent too much during the day's activities.

Another thought on the subject is that if you feel really, really insatiably hungry, I wonder if getting some extra fat would help - those extra calories only once in a while won't have a huge effect on a scale but may help with hunger without adding carbs or raising insulin.

Wahoofan
11-19-2013, 02:01 PM
Another thought on the subject is that if you feel really, really insatiably hungry, I wonder if getting some extra fat would help - those extra calories only once in a while won't have a huge effect on a scale but may help with hunger without adding carbs or raising insulin.

I completely agree with this. 700 calories is really few and for some people may cause their bodies to go into full starvation mode. For those of us over 200lbs, our basal metabolic rate is higher and after weeks giving our bodies so few calories, I'm concerned that it wants to just shut down and hide until a higher calorie food source comes along.

A breakfast sandwich has always been comfort food for me. On really bad days (3 times in 8 weeks) I have one for dinner - English muffin from pancake mix, 2 whole eggs, full fat sausage (only 1g of carb) and a slice of full fat cheese. I make up for the extra protein and veggies with additional foods. So far I have always felt better physically and mentally the next day.

Extra fat only means extra calories to burn off before our stored fat is utilized. It won't hurt the kidneys as too much protein could (though I realize one extra packet does not have enough protein to hurt the kidneys) and it can't take us out of ketosis as carbs would.

I realize this means I'm not a 100%er and I'm ok with that. I understand the science of how the diet works and have to find a way to make it livable for me to stick with for the year or more it may take to loose everything I hope to loose. If it takes an extra month, then I am fine with that. I realize at a lower weight I may have to back off the extra fats though. I figure by the time I get there my body will require fewer daily calories and be happier only having the 700 the plan allows.

M0vingon
11-19-2013, 05:01 PM
Hey all!

Whoo! I am TIRED today. I don't know what's up! I'm nicely OP today- I even are my salad at lunch (I did confess that I've been skipping the salads a lot). I wish I had the energy I normally have!

On another note (I only share this here because I feel comfortable with those on this thread) my TOM is so late! I expected it Thursday last week and still nothing. I'm not on BCP, so it's not IP messing with that. My cycles have been as long as 36 days in the past, so it's not unheard of. Every day I feel like it's coming- but it hasn't. Not sure if this is related to the tiredness, but there you go. This is where I'm at today. :dizzy:

I hope everyone is having an excellent day today. :carrot: <- I wish I had his energy!

claustin
11-19-2013, 08:41 PM
Hey all!

Whoo! I am TIRED today. I don't know what's up! I'm nicely OP today- I even are my salad at lunch (I did confess that I've been skipping the salads a lot). I wish I had the energy I normally have!

On another note (I only share this here because I feel comfortable with those on this thread) my TOM is so late! I expected it Thursday last week and still nothing. I'm not on BCP, so it's not IP messing with that. My cycles have been as long as 36 days in the past, so it's not unheard of. Every day I feel like it's coming- but it hasn't. Not sure if this is related to the tiredness, but there you go. This is where I'm at today. :dizzy:

I hope everyone is having an excellent day today. :carrot: <- I wish I had his energy!

Mine was a full 7 days late this month. I blamed it on starting IP and shocking my body. I am not on any BC either so I didn't know what else it couldn't of been. I hear IP does some weird stuff to us women lol

M0vingon
11-19-2013, 09:39 PM
Mine was a full 7 days late this month. I blamed it on starting IP and shocking my body. I am not on any BC either so I didn't know what else it couldn't of been. I hear IP does some weird stuff to us women lol

Thanks for the reply. I know it is likely the change in diet. I just want it to come so I don't have to wait and feel icky any longer! It is good to know I'm in good company ;)

swimcoachmomma
11-19-2013, 11:07 PM
I completely agree with this. 700 calories is really few and for some people may cause their bodies to go into full starvation mode. For those of us over 200lbs, our basal metabolic rate is higher and after weeks giving our bodies so few calories, I'm concerned that it wants to just shut down and hide until a higher calorie food source comes along.

A breakfast sandwich has always been comfort food for me. On really bad days (3 times in 8 weeks) I have one for dinner - English muffin from pancake mix, 2 whole eggs, full fat sausage (only 1g of carb) and a slice of full fat cheese. I make up for the extra protein and veggies with additional foods. So far I have always felt better physically and mentally the next day.

Extra fat only means extra calories to burn off before our stored fat is utilized. It won't hurt the kidneys as too much protein could (though I realize one extra packet does not have enough protein to hurt the kidneys) and it can't take us out of ketosis as carbs would.

I realize this means I'm not a 100%er and I'm ok with that. I understand the science of how the diet works and have to find a way to make it livable for me to stick with for the year or more it may take to loose everything I hope to loose. If it takes an extra month, then I am fine with that. I realize at a lower weight I may have to back off the extra fats though. I figure by the time I get there my body will require fewer daily calories and be happier only having the 700 the plan allows.

There is definitely evidence that the body goes through a reset once 10% of body weight is lost. It becomes more efficient at using the energy it ingests or has stored. A friend once described a chronic dieter's body as a Prius, while the body of a "never been fat and eat anything without gaining an ounce" as a one ton pickup! Great analogy, dang it!!

M0vingon
11-20-2013, 12:24 PM
A friend once described a chronic dieter's body as a Prius, while the body of a "never been fat and eat anything without gaining an ounce" as a one ton pickup! Great analogy, dang it!!

This made me LOL.

Out thread slipped to page 2! :o I had to resurrect it. I'm feeling much better today than yesterday. I had the typical keto energy this morning when I went to do a presentation to a bunch of grade 9 kids. LOL I hope I woke them up!

My feminine issues have resolved themselves, so that's a relief too!

I'm with Wahoofan completely. I never post in the 100% thread because I know that I am never 100%. I doubt most of us are, considering all of the variations across clinics. I am currently over 200 lbs and I've been eating an extra packet (sometimes 2) in a day as needed. I have no guilt about it. I'm still losing. I may not lose 5 lbs/week, but I'm not in a race, that I'm aware of. ;)

The biggest part of this journey for me is learning about my body and giving it what it needs in the right amounts. I failed at that after my first go at maintenance. This time I will pay closer attention to what I can and can't eat before I backslide. It's not just about following a protocol.

I found a new goal today. I tried on a pair of pants that are currently not fitting me (like, at all :o) They fit last year. I will make sure they fit again soon!

I hope everyone has a fantastic day- their own way!

foreveryoung
11-20-2013, 05:18 PM
Hey all!

LOL I wish also I had the carrots energy!!!
I'm having the same issues with TOM, I was told it could be the diet or the meds I'm in, so I'm not 100% sure who to blame lol

foreveryoung
11-20-2013, 05:25 PM
This made me LOL.

Out thread slipped to page 2! :o I had to resurrect it. I'm feeling much better today than yesterday. I had the typical keto energy this morning when I went to do a presentation to a bunch of grade 9 kids. LOL I hope I woke them up!

My feminine issues have resolved themselves, so that's a relief too!

I'm with Wahoofan completely. I never post in the 100% thread because I know that I am never 100%. I doubt most of us are, considering all of the variations across clinics. I am currently over 200 lbs and I've been eating an extra packet (sometimes 2) in a day as needed. I have no guilt about it. I'm still losing. I may not lose 5 lbs/week, but I'm not in a race, that I'm aware of. ;)

The biggest part of this journey for me is learning about my body and giving it what it needs in the right amounts. I failed at that after my first go at maintenance. This time I will pay closer attention to what I can and can't eat before I backslide. It's not just about following a protocol.

I found a new goal today. I tried on a pair of pants that are currently not fitting me (like, at all :o) They fit last year. I will make sure they fit again soon!

I hope everyone has a fantastic day- their own way!

I agree! This journey is a learning experience as to what my body takes, needs process, etc... Or what not, I don't want to depend on packets my whole life - I eventually want to be able to manage this naturally, and I'm going Paleo after I phase off, I have done a lot of research and I thought WW would work but not I will not, I already tried the program... So I'm reading about Paleo, tried some desserts Paleo style, some meals, and I'm pleased.

I'm sure your pants will fit you soon!
New goals ae exciting but sometimes it was for me like hmmmmm why did I do this LOL keep going even though you feel like I did, you'll be so proud when you accomplish your goal :) good luck!

foreveryoung
11-20-2013, 05:31 PM

foreveryoung (?)
rosemary2612 (?)

I'm out of the state, I don't have access to a scale! I'm just hoping for the best, and enjoying my vacation, I'm add in lots of walk and water, as soon as I weight in next Friday when I get back I will report :)
I'm so proud of you ladies, you are pulling off great numbers! :carrot:

sunshine1986
11-21-2013, 12:19 AM
So I made it through my hunger fest the other night on plan (pat on the back), only to come to work last night and have a truly horrible night. I mean truly horrible night. I am a charge nurse on a very busy oncology unit and had another RN totally go off this AM right before end of shift. Unprofessional, screaming and waving the finger in my face kinda horrible. She was clearly wrong in her actions, I handled it very well at the time. HOWEVER, when I got home, got the kids off to school and came home to ponder it, it made me angry & there it came... the hunger fest of all sorts! So, I ate a hard boiled egg. Then I ate some lunch meat.... looked at the info (60 cal, 1 carb for 5 slices) I had 10.... finally at 10:30 this AM, I went to bed, slept like crap and then agreed to come back into work for my 4th 12h shift because we are so short staffed.... my conclusion... I am clearly an emotional eater! I have to weigh in tomorrow... ugh! On the plus side, I avoided the pizza, taco dip & chips and all sorts of candy my boss provided for the night crew for working so hard. And the Arby's my husband bought to feed the kids since I was too tired to cook for everyone @ home before leaving for work.
So heres to getting me through this shift and through my weigh in, so I can get my motivation back, because it ALMOST went out the door this AM when I was so emotional.

locks
11-21-2013, 06:32 AM
I think you did pretty darn good sunshine all things considered.......at least you reached for healhier choices.........that means so far you have learned some things.......

M0vingon
11-21-2013, 08:16 AM
So I made it through my hunger fest the other night on plan (pat on the back), only to come to work last night and have a truly horrible night. I mean truly horrible night. I am a charge nurse on a very busy oncology unit and had another RN totally go off this AM right before end of shift. Unprofessional, screaming and waving the finger in my face kinda horrible. She was clearly wrong in her actions, I handled it very well at the time. HOWEVER, when I got home, got the kids off to school and came home to ponder it, it made me angry & there it came... the hunger fest of all sorts! So, I ate a hard boiled egg. Then I ate some lunch meat.... looked at the info (60 cal, 1 carb for 5 slices) I had 10.... finally at 10:30 this AM, I went to bed, slept like crap and then agreed to come back into work for my 4th 12h shift because we are so short staffed.... my conclusion... I am clearly an emotional eater! I have to weigh in tomorrow... ugh! On the plus side, I avoided the pizza, taco dip & chips and all sorts of candy my boss provided for the night crew for working so hard. And the Arby's my husband bought to feed the kids since I was too tired to cook for everyone @ home before leaving for work.
So heres to getting me through this shift and through my weigh in, so I can get my motivation back, because it ALMOST went out the door this AM when I was so emotional.

Yup, I agree that you did really well. I am sorry that you had a rough day.

I'm doing ok. Just sticking to the plan. I haven't weighed myself since Monday and I'm dying to get on the scale, but I assume that with TOM I won't like what I see.

The one thing I am dealing with now is that my skin is super dry. I've been taking 4 fish oil caps/day and using my allowed oils, but I am dry as a lizard! (I don't actually know if lizards are dry, really) ;)

Have a great day everyone!

SusanneXo90
11-21-2013, 09:36 AM
How has everyone's week been so far? I have been following plan 100% but for some reason, this time around, I'm not feeling as good as I did before. Maybe this is because I know what it is like to weigh less, but I am feeling bloated and as though my body is struggling to lose the weight. The only thing different I am doing this time around is the mangosteen, but I doubt that would effect anything that much, but maybe I will give plain water a try and see how that goes; my body is very sensitive so maybe the extra potassium in the water enhancer is effecting something, who knows.

kristynajones
11-21-2013, 12:05 PM
Hi I would love some support. I restarted ideal protein yesterday. I was successful on IP before but didn't phase off properly so I ended up gaining the weight back. I know that if I stick to IP I can be the weight I want to be and finally stop struggling with body issues!

I'm here to support anyone who needs it :)

Kristyn

M0vingon
11-21-2013, 03:27 PM
:welcome2:
This is a very supportive group. It's good to have you here!

sunshine1986
11-22-2013, 09:21 AM
Quick post!. My weigh in this AM... down 4.2! Yeah!

M0vingon
11-22-2013, 02:53 PM

:cp: Congrats!

Happy Friday everyone! I'm glad the weekend is here! I expect it to be a good mix of relaxing and productive.

I'm still hanging in. I'm slightly frustrated because my TOM weight hasn't come off yet, and I'm essentially stalled at the same weight all week. Hopefully it will be gone by WI Monday. Overall I feel great still.

I am a little bored with my meals. I will dig into my recipe box and make something nice this weekend. I am curious about everyone's thoughts on IP recipes that are floating around online- particularly the ones that use IP packets and real protein in them. How do you count that? It seems a little like a waste of a packet...? I avoid them unless it's something like the muffins made with a packet and some veggies. That I just count as a regular packet serving- just mixed up differently. I'd like to hear opinions.

I hope everyone is having a fantastic day! :D

foreveryoung
11-22-2013, 09:24 PM
Hello ladies!
I'm back home and back OP... Today has been great, water water and more water to get rid off whatever it can go lol my body is detoxing from all the yummy food I got while on vacation ... I have my WI next Wednesday so I'm working hard and looking forward to it.
I'm going to catch up with the pages I missed while I as gone.
Have a wonderful weekend everybody.

mckaren4
11-23-2013, 09:01 PM
I had my first meeting with my coach last Tuesday -Due to travel plans I decided I would start the plan Saturday November 30th-I am reading all I can and am looking forwards to losing lots of weight before my youngest son's wedding at the end of April. I am coming off weight watchers and hope to shake things up with ideal protein!!!!!

mckaren4
11-23-2013, 09:05 PM
Oops -I think I posted in the wrong thread...
Newbie here with a learning curve....

M0vingon
11-24-2013, 12:04 PM
:welcome2:
You can post in any thread you like! Welcome to the boards and to IP. I hope you have great success with it, as many others have.

sunshine1986
11-24-2013, 10:00 PM
So its Sunday night again, back at work. Ate a little something which was not on plan yesterday because we went tailgating. Stayed away fromt the sweets, but had potatoes & 2 beers because we had a Thanksgiving dinner tailgate. Was a bit concerned but woke up this AM with a horrible taste in my mouth, which has lasted ALL day. Then my husband told me I had bad breath and I couldn't figure it out because I literally had just brushed my teeth. So I decided to use a ketostix, was shocked to see the dark color result! Figured I completely knocked myself out after yesterday.
I won't weigh in again until December 5th because the clinic is closed for the holiday week. Have already put my plan into place for this week since I am cooking. Hoping since it will be two weeks unil that next WI that I will show another 4 lbs gone atleast. Feeling like I might be able to accomplish this 20 loss by Christmas!

foreveryoung
11-24-2013, 10:36 PM
So its Sunday night again, back at work. Ate a little something which was not on plan yesterday because we went tailgating. Stayed away fromt the sweets, but had potatoes & 2 beers because we had a Thanksgiving dinner tailgate. Was a bit concerned but woke up this AM with a horrible taste in my mouth, which has lasted ALL day. Then my husband told me I had bad breath and I couldn't figure it out because I literally had just brushed my teeth. So I decided to use a ketostix, was shocked to see the dark color result! Figured I completely knocked myself out after yesterday.
I won't weigh in again until December 5th because the clinic is closed for the holiday week. Have already put my plan into place for this week since I am cooking. Hoping since it will be two weeks unil that next WI that I will show another 4 lbs gone atleast. Feeling like I might be able to accomplish this 20 loss by Christmas!

Oh wow Sunshine you really will accomplish your goal! Congrats :carrot:
Keep going, starch and slow wins the race :)

foreveryoung
11-24-2013, 10:39 PM

Woohoo :carrot::carrot:

SusanneXo90
11-25-2013, 12:58 PM
My week three weigh in for the 20 pounds by Christmas is 2.8.

foreveryoung
11-26-2013, 01:57 AM
My week three weigh in for the 20 pounds by Christmas is 2.8.

Good job Susanne! :carrot:

foreveryoung
11-26-2013, 01:59 AM
I did great today!, looking forward for my WI on Wednesday, have a great week everyone... I bet everybody is busy, this is the time that we are running back and forth to get everything ready for Thursday :)

foreveryoung
11-27-2013, 01:50 AM
Very quick, another successful day! Keep going everyone!

M0vingon
11-27-2013, 11:28 AM
Hey all! I'm still here. I'm just insanely busy this week. The stress is not doing me any favours. I'm still struggling with the eating. I'm not eating things I shouldn't, but I'm not eating as much as I should of the good stuff either. I didn't weigh in this week- because I forgot and right now I don't care very much (crazy, I know). Next week i will be able to focus better and post more.

Have a fantastic Thanksgiving weekend to all of you in the U.S. Hang in there everyone.

claustin
11-27-2013, 03:47 PM
Hey all! I'm still here. I'm just insanely busy this week. The stress is not doing me any favours. I'm still struggling with the eating. I'm not eating things I shouldn't, but I'm not eating as much as I should of the good stuff either. I didn't weigh in this week- because I forgot and right now I don't care very much (crazy, I know). Next week i will be able to focus better and post more.

Have a fantastic Thanksgiving weekend to all of you in the U.S. Hang in there everyone.

:hug: Hugs to you hunny! Hope you hang in there! We all have hard days/weeks and I personally think you have to do what is right for you during these times and pick up the pieces when your able to. Stay focused on what you need to and let go of what you cant change.

My grandpa always use to say "worrying is like a rocking chair. Passes the time but gets you no where!"

You are doing a wonderful job by sticking to plan food even if its not the right quantities! Its still better then eating Non-Plan food!! So don't be to hard on yourself. You will gain your focus back and you will feel in control again!

Good luck!

SWP
11-27-2013, 09:04 PM
I restarted IP about a week ago. Im getting a bit frustrated because I have only lost a pound and im PMSing.

I want this so badly but for somereason I cant just get into the zone. Has anyone experienced this and got out of this rut successfully? Any ideas of what I could do?

foreveryoung
11-28-2013, 03:48 PM
I restarted IP about a week ago. Im getting a bit frustrated because I have only lost a pound and im PMSing.

I want this so badly but for somereason I cant just get into the zone. Has anyone experienced this and got out of this rut successfully? Any ideas of what I could do?

Give it some time, always before and after TOM our bodies retain fluids, and it seems some are very sensitive to sodium so it's even worse when we eat salty foods, hormones get all over the place, etc... Keep drinking all your water as water helps to flush sodium, I'm so sure after TOM is over you will show big numbers or inches.
I totally understand your frustration as I've been there too.
Hope today you feel better and don't hesitate to come here and share/ask/vent :)

SWP
11-28-2013, 10:15 PM
Give it some time, always before and after TOM our bodies retain fluids, and it seems some are very sensitive to sodium so it's even worse when we eat salty foods, hormones get all over the place, etc... Keep drinking all your water as water helps to flush sodium, I'm so sure after TOM is over you will show big numbers or inches.
I totally understand your frustration as I've been there too.
Hope today you feel better and don't hesitate to come here and share/ask/vent :)

Thanks foreveryoung. I just feel like a failure and I don't know how to get my mind to move past this. Plus, I barely had mt TOM - but I know that's typical as our bodies adjust. Hoping for a better week!

claustin
11-29-2013, 11:27 AM
TOM I find very hard on this diet! You get hungrier, you crave foods you don't need, you get frustrated because your hormones are running wild. But I promise you the second and third week will be so much easier! When your hormones level out you will find clarity and be able to focus on your goals. I "quit" last week for 4 days (thurs-sun) and couldn't figure out why really. I was down, depressed, frustrated, carb hungry, ect. So I gave in and ate everything that I wanted. I told myself I could have the weekend but Monday I was back on the horse (so to speak) well Monday I started TOM (which explained my cheats) But I have been 100% OP all week and I feel better then I have in weeks. I feel in control and have little to no desire to cheat :) Just stick with it. You'll amaze yourself!

foreveryoung
11-29-2013, 07:59 PM
TOM I find very hard on this diet! You get hungrier, you crave foods you don't need, you get frustrated because your hormones are running wild. But I promise you the second and third week will be so much easier! When your hormones level out you will find clarity and be able to focus on your goals. I "quit" last week for 4 days (thurs-sun) and couldn't figure out why really. I was down, depressed, frustrated, carb hungry, ect. So I gave in and ate everything that I wanted. I told myself I could have the weekend but Monday I was back on the horse (so to speak) well Monday I started TOM (which explained my cheats) But I have been 100% OP all week and I feel better then I have in weeks. I feel in control and have little to no desire to cheat :) Just stick with it. You'll amaze yourself!

Good for ya Claustin! Great coke back to OP all week, I'm glad you feel better.

Kimorea
12-01-2013, 07:34 AM
Ok I am back I did really well the first time did this diet and only had to lose 10-15 lbs (can not remember) lol now after the holiday I know I was eating "just to eat" ! But I remembered that I can do this and I only need to lose 9bs so I am at it again today! I just need to know how to keep a schedule when eating because my schedule changes daily. Are there any suggestions?????

Kimorea
12-01-2013, 07:42 AM
Also I forgot to mention that I am always successful at phase 1 but have a hard time transitioning so all I do is phase 1..lol any suggestions?
http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/tulip-bar/slider-but8/lb/150/139/150/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

Kimorea
12-01-2013, 01:02 PM

Do you guys have any "preperation" tips.Please help!...lol

foreveryoung
12-02-2013, 01:40 AM
Do you guys have any "preperation" tips.Please help!...lol

Welcome Kimorea!
I find the secret for a successful maintenance is to phase off appropriately, 2 weeks P2/P3 then P4... Some people need a week more of P2 or P3... You and your coach probably can figure out that.

In regards preparation, this is what I do, I do buy a cauliflower then I shred it all the head at once, place this in a lid container with a paper towel inside to suck the moisture, I use this for soups, omelets, muffin, soups, etc... It's handy (already shredded)... I also cut peppers, tomatoes, mushrooms, these keeps their freshness up to 3 days, I see you can still eat but it's not that crunchy as it was.
I tried to make my Menu for the week ahead so I'm not thinking what should I eat now, I find preparation very helpful, many times I haven't prepared and I have paid big time! Disappointment pretty much I felt.

Good luck to you and you are welcome to ask and/or share thoughts/ideas/etc

SusanneXo90
12-04-2013, 11:45 PM
Hey everyone! How has this week gone for you all so far?? OP??

sunshine1986
12-05-2013, 07:47 AM
Hi everyone! Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving. I had a rough week. Lost someone close to me & then was out of town for a couple days. Fell
Off the wagon so to speak for two days. Didn't go crazy but did eat potatoes & pumpkin pie. Tried to compensate by walking a lot. Weighed myself @ home & was up by 2 lbs & then TOM hit. I weigh in tomorrow, so I'm hopeful to have atleast stayed the same. I have been 100% for the last 4 days. A bit nervous about tomorrow but I'm still going. Got 20 days till Christmas & I know on this plan it's not unreasonable to lose 12 lbs in 20 days! Will check in again tomorrow. Have a great day ladies!

sunshine1986
12-06-2013, 11:08 AM
Yeah!!!! So excited about my weigh in -2 lbs!!!! Good bye 10 lbs, I don't plan to ever see you again! Have a great weekend!!

foreveryoung
12-07-2013, 03:24 PM
Hi everyone! Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving. I had a rough week. Lost someone close to me & then was out of town for a couple days. Fell
Off the wagon so to speak for two days. Didn't go crazy but did eat potatoes & pumpkin pie. Tried to compensate by walking a lot. Weighed myself @ home & was up by 2 lbs & then TOM hit. I weigh in tomorrow, so I'm hopeful to have atleast stayed the same. I have been 100% for the last 4 days. A bit nervous about tomorrow but I'm still going. Got 20 days till Christmas & I know on this plan it's not unreasonable to lose 12 lbs in 20 days! Will check in again tomorrow. Have a great day ladies!

Sorry about your loss Sunshine.
TOM is just sometimes not friendly, for me sometimes makes me retain so much water, sometimes not too much but have the puffy feeling in my legs.
Keep going you can do this.

foreveryoung
12-07-2013, 03:25 PM
Yeah!!!! So excited about my weigh in -2 lbs!!!! Good bye 10 lbs, I don't plan to ever see you again! Have a great weekend!!

Wonderful news!
Awesome work! Keep it up, we can do this :)

SusanneXo90
12-25-2013, 06:48 PM
Hi Everyone. No one has really posted for awhile but I hope everyone has been OP as much as possible. How was everybody's Christmas??