100 lb. Club - Be honest!

View Full Version : Be honest!

Mozzy
10-31-2013, 09:26 PM
Who is eating Halloween candy tonight?

My major weaknesses are milk duds and tootsie rolls, and yes, I will be indulging tonight.

Wannabehealthy
10-31-2013, 09:35 PM
I did. Tomorrow I start my challenge, so I'll have to give away the leftovers.

RedRosie
10-31-2013, 09:36 PM
Well, not tonight, but there was candy at the office for kids doing a Main Street trick-or-treat this afternoon. It's all about the Snickers...

To be clear, I did not eat the children's candy. I ate the candy they left behind!

IanG
10-31-2013, 10:04 PM
Er. No.

Drinking beer...absolutely.

CherryPie99
10-31-2013, 10:13 PM
Desperately trying to avoid the peanut butter cups my stupid hubby bought even though we get ZERO trick or treater's :mad:

Only Believe
10-31-2013, 10:18 PM
We get ZERO here too and hubby always insists on buying candy.. It's gone now because we ate it. It wasn't a huge amount but I wish he'd listen to me and not buy it! :(

time2lose
10-31-2013, 10:39 PM
I had a plan which helped but................ my son bought the candy but I had to pass them out. When I opened the bag that had butterfingers, the smell was wonderful. I gave away the Butterfingers first but did eat 2 of the small bars.

The leftover candy has been whisked away by someone and I don't even know where it is.

Note to my son next year, no Butterfingers!!

cormandy62442
10-31-2013, 11:34 PM
I had a few Jolly Ranchers at work today... and some cake. Starting the Christmas Challenge tomorrow, so it's best I got that out of the way now!

lazylioness
11-01-2013, 12:16 AM
No candy for me! We have no trick or treaters, kids are grown, so didn't buy any candy.

ShelBl
11-01-2013, 12:19 AM
Me! And a cookie from the work party. I've found that if I'm reasonable (one piece of candy/one cookie instead of a ton like before) I have more luck than telling myself I can't have something.

tefrey
11-01-2013, 12:25 AM
We usually have tons of trick or treaters ... but bad weather meant we ended up with next to none. There's a dentist office that will take candy tomorrow at 3 pm ... and then they will ship it to our active duty service men and women ... but until then it's in the house.

I'm counting down the hours until I can get rid of it.

Mori M
11-01-2013, 12:38 AM
I had one fun size Almond Joy, and was tempted to eat some Reeses cups (my fave), but pretty much that's it. I don't eat a lot of candy anyway so it's not like I see and want to nom on all of it.

I did make pumpkin bars with cream cheese frosting, but had one square. Man it was sooo sweet. I had to drink a cup of plain black coffee to wash it down.

DrivenByAmbition
11-01-2013, 08:04 AM
No candy for me

GirlyGirlSebas
11-01-2013, 08:35 AM
I did and I'm paying for it today. 4 weeks with no sugar and I caved. That stuff just needs to stay out of my house for a while. Today, I have a horrible headache. I should have known better.

staja
11-01-2013, 09:20 AM
I had 5 pieces. For me, that's a victory! (I've always made it very clear to everyone that candy is my favorite food!) And, I tracked it all and only went over calories by about 30, which is fine by me, too!

Psav
11-01-2013, 09:38 AM
No candy for me. We don't have any kids come to our house...too long of a driveway! Not a big candy eater but milk duds are my favorite also.

lotsakids
11-01-2013, 11:32 AM
no candy for me and more important no caramel corn (a family tradition for Halloween- completely addictive once started can't stop...) I become a caramel corn eating zombie if I have one bite...

Lindy87
11-01-2013, 01:45 PM
Had my fill last night and said that is it. Came to work and had some there too. Bad me. Hoping to be able to stay away from it tonight.

Arctic Mama
11-01-2013, 02:48 PM
Nope, not a spot of. Halloween candy. My problem was that I baked brownies for an event and caved to eat a bunch, which is unheard of for me. And unfortunately I'm feeling the bloat and fog from them today. It's a good thing I don't cheat hardly ever, because it feels awful!

Lecomtes
11-01-2013, 03:01 PM
Yep. Two fun size Snickers. They were a-frucking-mazing. lol

CrabNebula
11-01-2013, 04:45 PM
Yes, I ate some candy yesterday. But my real indulgence was Pierre Signature's angus burger. I ate 1.5 and it was worth every calorie. I was 192 over my calorie budget. This morning I hiked 2 hours for 6 miles and burned it all off. I normally do half that every day.

alaskanlaughter
11-01-2013, 06:32 PM
ive had success with moderation this halloween so far....ive had a few chocolates and have been limiting myself to my FAVORITE mini bars, Snickers, so that i wont eat every piece of chocolate that crosses my path :) even last night while trick r treating, i had a few pieces....i had a few pieces today too...but telling myself that i can have a few works WAYYYYY better than telling myself i can have NONE, ZERO, ZILCH in which case i promptly fall into the bag of chocolate until it's gone lol

we had a few trick r treaters at our house but only DH was home...i had taken the kids out trick r treating...i bought a bag of reese's peanut butter cups for him to give out because i knew i wouldn't eat them...i dont like PB flavored stuff

Trazey34
11-02-2013, 02:18 AM
I always buy candy halloween day, and buy stuff I don't like LOL absolutely zero temptation to eat it, and I give the rest to the last kid I have, tip the whole bucket in and she staggers away heavily ladened LOL I've done it that way for years now

I've learned to manage myself around candy, I mean I keep a giant bag of M&M peanuts under my desk at work and have a few now and again at coffee break-- but there's just something too tempting about halloween, I just don't risk it ;)

time4me2change
11-02-2013, 05:13 PM
I didn't BUY any candy (Halloween's not really big in Egypt, but candy is lol)

But I ended up with 3 mini chocolate bars and 1 full size from work...and I ate all of them on Halloween... and feel okay with that... (skipped some of my other regular food for the day and tracked calories)

now I am just waiting to go home for Christmas (that will be the next big tempation for me)

scarletmeshell
11-03-2013, 04:29 PM
No I did not eat any. I checked out the calories and decided not to. Really it says fun size but you have to have more than one to have any fun at all. I usually set aside some calories to have sugar free low fat ice cream every night.

AwShucks
11-03-2013, 11:39 PM
I did and I'm paying for it today. 4 weeks with no sugar and I caved. That stuff just needs to stay out of my house for a while. Today, I have a horrible headache. I should have known better.

I always feel terrible afterward, so it's not worth it. It took several sugar indulgences and subsequent sick days to get that point across, but I think I've learned my lesson. I successfully stayed away from the candy this Halloween.

bSpring3
11-04-2013, 01:52 AM
I had two of the fun-size snickers that a co-worker brought to the office. I even passed up the discount candy in the store. (To the point of picking up the tootsie roll bag, telling myself it's only the little ones, and then putting it down and walking away.)

I did have a couple carmel apples, though. Not in one sitting.