Ideal Protein Diet - Oct. 2013 Newbies in November

Pages : [1] 2

View Full Version : Oct. 2013 Newbies in November

Slipfree
10-31-2013, 06:27 PM
Hey October Newbies, we have made it through our initiation to IP!

claustin
10-31-2013, 06:42 PM
Tried doing IP Monday Oct 21 - Only lasted till the 24th....Restarted Oct 28 and still going. Struggling right now. Really want to snack. But I am going to make myself busy and hopefully be distracted....

Having a blah day today. TOM started today, so my scale didn't move...which kind of has me in a funk. But I am determined to make -10lbs by Monday's weigh in...which is keeping me motivated as well...

Anyway, enough rambling. Hope you all have a wonderful night

smilysweetpea
10-31-2013, 06:53 PM
Absolutely Love this site! Lots of great information and motivation! I just started the IP diet October 2nd and have only lost 10 lbs....so I'm kinda discouraged a bit. I did cheat 2 times in the last month (very bad I know) but I had to have one of my mom's cabbage rolls at Thanksgiving! I have shakes for breakfast and Lunch, 2cups of veggies and a lean protein for supper, then a 5cal jello close to 8pm. I haven't been getting all 4 cups of veggies in everyday as well as 1/2 the water I should be drinking but I haven't been hungry at all for anything more! Not sure if that is whats the reason why I'm not seeing the results everyone seems to be having Still hoping the lbs start to drop off soon.

claustin
10-31-2013, 07:01 PM
What kind of Jello are you eating? Is it IP stuff?

ButtBgone
10-31-2013, 07:04 PM
Smilysweetpea - you said you have only lost 10 pounds so far on this diet with a few cheats. I am jealous. I started a day after you, my only cheat was a half a bottle of Bud Select and I have only lost 10 pounds. Relatively speaking, you are doing great! It also appears with your current height and weight, you may not have all that much weight to spare and it may just take a bit longer?

Slipfree
10-31-2013, 07:41 PM
Made the IP cereal pancakes tonight. Did not love them.

Jig
10-31-2013, 07:57 PM
Think I'm going to try a few new things this weekend. Going to attempt the english muffin because I've been missing bread (My mortal eneny that I love). Also might try making one of the soups out of the IP recipe book. Has anyone tried any of those recipes? I was thinking the chicken tortilla looks tasty.

Slipfree
10-31-2013, 08:31 PM
Jig, the pancakes were def. bread like. I just did not care for the aftertaste. Look forward to hearing about the English muffin. I have been switching up the food, don't want to get bored. Found a carb free/low fat chicken sausage to have with peppers last night. Don't have the cookbook, have been getting the recipes on line. Variety is the spice of life

iwannabe140
10-31-2013, 09:08 PM
I made wraps with the crepe mix and loved them! Having a "sandwich" again was great!!!

airportchick11
10-31-2013, 09:29 PM
Absolutely Love this site! Lots of great information and motivation! I just started the IP diet October 2nd and have only lost 10 lbs....so I'm kinda discouraged a bit. I did cheat 2 times in the last month (very bad I know) but I had to have one of my mom's cabbage rolls at Thanksgiving! I have shakes for breakfast and Lunch, 2cups of veggies and a lean protein for supper, then a 5cal jello close to 8pm. I haven't been getting all 4 cups of veggies in everyday as well as 1/2 the water I should be drinking but I haven't been hungry at all for anything more! Not sure if that is whats the reason why I'm not seeing the results everyone seems to be having Still hoping the lbs start to drop off soon.

Please don't be discouraged! I don't know any other program that you lose this much this fast! 10lbs=40 sticks of butter!! Was that up for a visual!! Lol. I have been OP 100% and I'm just under a 10lb loss in 3 weeks, I couldn't be more thrilled! I've tried damn near everything and none of them were nearly this strict AND I didn't get the results. The inches are coming off way better than what the scale says. Have faith in the process, follow it, and you will be there before you know it!

mvngmntns13
10-31-2013, 10:13 PM
I generally wait till my weekend weigh-in to know how I'm doing on the scale. Today I weighed myself mid-week and it said I gained 2.5 lbs. Not sure how/why since I have been OP since I last weighed in on Saturday. Will wait til Sat to see where I am, but wondering if anyone who started in October has had a week of no/minimal loss? Is this normal so soon (5th wk)?

wantanewme
10-31-2013, 10:16 PM
Hi everyone!
Finished my first month but I feel like in the last week I have completely gone off the deep end and binged on all the crap in sight. It's TOM for me so in super cranky and all I want to eat is chocolate. I will spare you the details of what I had to eat today but it was bad. The scary thing is I've never been obsessive or had addictive thoughts toward food but now I feel like I do :( I desperately want to get back on track and keep losing the weight. Thanks for listening.

claustin
10-31-2013, 10:23 PM
I'm right there with you wantanewme!! I was doing so good fighting them off till about 1hr ago :( But I'm not going to let it get to me. Take it as it is and start again tomorrow. Maybe giving in will stop the cravings?? Or maybe that's just my cravings talking?? Or TOM? Don't know but I was in such good spirits yesterday. Started TOM today, scale didn't move, been in a blue mood, and craving unbelievable things.....Oh well. Write it off and move on right?

wantanewme
10-31-2013, 10:30 PM
I'm right there with you wantanewme!! I was doing so good fighting them off till about 1hr ago :( But I'm not going to let it get to me. Take it as it is and start again tomorrow. Maybe giving in will stop the cravings?? Or maybe that's just my cravings talking?? Or TOM? Don't know but I was in such good spirits yesterday. Started TOM today, scale didn't move, been in a blue mood, and craving unbelievable things.....Oh well. Write it off and move on right?

Yes! Moving forward is all we can do. Fresh start tomorrow?

Kawaii1002
11-01-2013, 12:38 AM
Think I'm going to try a few new things this weekend. Going to attempt the english muffin because I've been missing bread (My mortal eneny that I love). Also might try making one of the soups out of the IP recipe book. Has anyone tried any of those recipes? I was thinking the chicken tortilla looks tasty.

Jig,
I think you might be my long lost brother!!! lol.. bread.. my enemy that I hate to love and love to hate..

I've thought about making that english muffin, but as far as I know, my center doesn't have "crepe" mix.

As for recipes in the book, (it's not a soup), but the chicken stuffed green peppers have become a family favorite. I make a double batch of them and the kids and hubby eat them throughout the week while I'm at work during my night shift nights.

I've not yet made the soups because while I'm an absolute soup fiend... could eat it every single day, my hubby is now and always has been "meh" about soup. *sob*

Kawaii

foreveryoung
11-01-2013, 01:09 AM
Motivation to my way please? I need 25lbs gone for good, I start every day as a new day, do so good until dinner.... Why??? :mad::(:(:dizzy:

wantanewme
11-01-2013, 08:49 AM
Motivation to my way please? I need 25lbs gone for good, I start every day as a new day, do so good until dinner.... Why??? :mad::(:(:dizzy:

So what's happening around dinner that's tripping you up? Is it hunger? Cravings? Boredom? Stress? I find that I eat for so many reasons that are not related to hunger. Sometimes it's because I'm bored or stressed or sad. Other times its just habit. I was one of those people who would sit and watch tv and snack for a few hours a night and that's snacking often included wine which led to more snacking!

airportchick11
11-01-2013, 09:41 AM
Just a few mind games and thought processes I use to stay on track. For what it's worth, it works for me. I'm not saying I won't ever cheat but I make a promise to my body everyday to do right by it.
A cheat to me = $85. That's how much I pay a week and I haven't run across anything yet worth $85.
All the foods I use to love, will still be there waiting for me down the road, they will not be extinct.
I am worth my goal.
I can have xyz if I drink two glasses of water. By the time I pound the water, the craving is gone and I'm all full of water.
No compromise! I will not try to pull one over on my body...it knows what I'm doing, it likes it, and I will not disappoint it any more.
Certain smells can send me into a craving. If it's something like french fries, I just imagine each bite exploding into a big ole ball of cellulite on my butt!
I will not romanticize the things that made me fatter. Pasta, soda,chocolate, those are the big ones.
I concentrate on what I CAN have...not what I can't. There is no choice for me, my health is at stake.
This is temporary for me...and a learning process. I can't wait to find out how much of the 'normal' foods I can have before gaining once I'm on maintenance. This completely fascinates me.
I must have a full glass of water while getting ready in the morning.
I must have a full glass of water before pulling in to work.
I must have 2 full glasses of water before lunch. And the list goes on. I have found that I actually drink way more water.
I mix up my water with some type of fizzy water with a little added flavor. I treat the flavored water as a 'treat'. I do this twice a day. It replaces my old soda craving but it's much better for me.
I pay attention to the way my body feels. Since starting and staying OP, everything hurts way less. MY body has hurt it's whole life. Aches, pains, arthritis, old injuries flare up when it's wet out. I have had NONE of these since staying OP. It can only be due to the foods I'm eating not CAUSING the inflammation. Joints are lubed up and ready to go. It feels good.
I'm slowly firing the committee in my head that has always told me I can't. One by one I eliminate each negative thought, imagining each thought as annoying bug who carries the message as I send it into the bug zapper!!
And lastly, if I don't change my eating habits, I could end up on meds. I hate taking medication. I HAVE CONTROL. The only thing I have control of in this crazy life of mine is what I put into my mouth. If I can't control that what makes me think I can control anything else going on?!

I hope you can use some of this to make things easier. Maybe I typed it to help or maybe I typed it out to reconfirm what I need to hear. Regardless, I have made excuses my whole life of why I can't do something. I'm done with that crap. I can do something and I am worth doing it. Nobody can do it for me. I must rely on me to give myself the life I want.
I find this progression of thinking is trickling into other aspects of my life. I am becoming stronger in many other ways and I have actually surprised myself at times.
Either this will make sense to you or you will think I'm crazy. If this is crazy, I will definitely take it...I like it here..lol

Happy OP day all!!

Sally4397
11-01-2013, 10:37 AM
Well, since I started on October 2nd, I've officially made it a month, and proud to say at today's weigh-in, I am down 17 lbs in that time! Although the loss this week is slowing a bit (2lbs), I'll definately take it! Definately motivating to keep this up and not indulge in the cheats that provide only temporary satisfaction!

watchoutforthatcar
11-01-2013, 10:42 AM
I started in the middle of September but was hoping I could join in the chat with y'all.

iwannabe140
11-01-2013, 11:20 AM
I kept dreaming of chocolate last night, I think cause it was Halloween, but mini Mars bars were everywhere, and I ate them all!! Thank god it wasn't real.

Kawaii1002
11-01-2013, 01:21 PM
I kept dreaming of chocolate last night, I think cause it was Halloween, but mini Mars bars were everywhere, and I ate them all!! Thank god it wasn't real.

Iwannabe,

This made me laugh... like a good belly laugh. I got a mental image of pac-man running down candy bars in his sleep... :dizzy: Thanks for the giggle! Maybe if you eat dream candy you won't want it IRL?

Jig
11-01-2013, 01:34 PM
Jig,
I think you might be my long lost brother!!! lol.. bread.. my enemy that I hate to love and love to hate..

I've thought about making that english muffin, but as far as I know, my center doesn't have "crepe" mix.

As for recipes in the book, (it's not a soup), but the chicken stuffed green peppers have become a family favorite. I make a double batch of them and the kids and hubby eat them throughout the week while I'm at work during my night shift nights.

I've not yet made the soups because while I'm an absolute soup fiend... could eat it every single day, my hubby is now and always has been "meh" about soup. *sob*

Kawaii

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/w2ETCmB/weight.png
(http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w2ETCmB/)

Haha yes, I love bread so much. This is a bakery close to my house that makes the best bread in the world. I drove past it the other day and actually caught a smell of fresh baking bread. I almost drove off the road. I need to stay away from that road haha.

The chicken stuffed peppers sounded good. I marked those in the recipe book along with about 50 others that I would like to try.

In other news, I had my WI this morning. Down another 5.5 lbs and hit my goal of losing...err, giving away over 30! Can't believe it! I'm getting compliments from family and friends and ditching clothes already for older ones in my closet that I can slip back into!

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/w4fS1oz/weight.png
(http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w4fS1oz/)

ems70508
11-01-2013, 01:43 PM
Just a few mind games and thought processes I use to stay on track. For what it's worth, it works for me. I'm not saying I won't ever cheat but I make a promise to my body everyday to do right by it.
A cheat to me = $85. That's how much I pay a week and I haven't run across anything yet worth $85.

I think we have the same mind! I tell this to everyone who says "you have such great willpower!" Then I say, well yes but i credit that to not wanting to throw $85 out the window for a french fry! All you said is such great advice!!

emsmom97
11-01-2013, 02:56 PM
All the foods I use to love, will still be there waiting for me down the road, they will not be extinct.
I am worth my goal.
I can have xyz if I drink two glasses of water. By the time I pound the water, the craving is gone and I'm all full of water.
No compromise! I will not try to pull one over on my body...it knows what I'm doing, it likes it, and I will not disappoint it any more.
Certain smells can send me into a craving. If it's something like french fries, I just imagine each bite exploding into a big ole ball of cellulite on my butt!
I will not romanticize the things that made me fatter. Pasta, soda,chocolate, those are the big ones.
I concentrate on what I CAN have...not what I can't. There is no choice for me, my health is at stake.
This is temporary for me...and a learning process. I can't wait to find out how much of the 'normal' foods I can have before gaining once I'm on maintenance. This completely fascinates me.
I must have a full glass of water while getting ready in the morning.
I must have a full glass of water before pulling in to work.
I must have 2 full glasses of water before lunch. And the list goes on. I have found that I actually drink way more water.
I mix up my water with some type of fizzy water with a little added flavor. I treat the flavored water as a 'treat'. I do this twice a day. It replaces my old soda craving but it's much better for me.
I pay attention to the way my body feels. Since starting and staying OP, everything hurts way less. MY body has hurt it's whole life. Aches, pains, arthritis, old injuries flare up when it's wet out. I have had NONE of these since staying OP. It can only be due to the foods I'm eating not CAUSING the inflammation. Joints are lubed up and ready to go. It feels good.
I'm slowly firing the committee in my head that has always told me I can't. One by one I eliminate each negative thought, imagining each thought as annoying bug who carries the message as I send it into the bug zapper!!
And lastly, if I don't change my eating habits, I could end up on meds. I hate taking medication. I HAVE CONTROL. The only thing I have control of in this crazy life of mine is what I put into my mouth. If I can't control that what makes me think I can control anything else going on?!

I hope you can use some of this to make things easier. Maybe I typed it to help or maybe I typed it out to reconfirm what I need to hear. Regardless, I have made excuses my whole life of why I can't do something. I'm done with that crap. I can do something and I am worth doing it. Nobody can do it for me. I must rely on me to give myself the life I want.
I find this progression of thinking is trickling into other aspects of my life. I am becoming stronger in many other ways and I have actually surprised myself at times.
Either this will make sense to you or you will think I'm crazy. If this is crazy, I will definitely take it...I like it here..lol

Happy OP day all!!

Great affirmation list! Reading it sounded like it was coming directly from me...great minds think alike!

emsmom97
11-01-2013, 02:56 PM
Haha yes, I love bread so much. This is a bakery close to my house that makes the best bread in the world. I drove past it the other day and actually caught a smell of fresh baking bread. I almost drove off the road. I need to stay away from that road haha.

The chicken stuffed peppers sounded good. I marked those in the recipe book along with about 50 others that I would like to try.

In other news, I had my WI this morning. Down another 5.5 lbs and hit my goal of losing...err, giving away over 30! Can't believe it! I'm getting compliments from family and friends and ditching clothes already for older ones in my closet that I can slip back into!

Congrats! Great WI and total donation so far! Keep up the amazing progress.

emsmom97
11-01-2013, 03:02 PM
I started in the middle of September but was hoping I could join in the chat with y'all.

Absolutely! Welcome and congrats on the amazing progress thus far.

Skini mini
11-01-2013, 03:03 PM
Hi all,
If I started on Oct 31 can I still be part of your group? You seem like such a great bunch to interact with.
A little history about me. Last year I did IP through a clinic and lost about 20 lbs in 2 months. Was very happy with that, although not at goal. I fell off plan and could just never get my mind back into it. Fast forward to now and I am SO ready to do this again. I gained back everything plus about 5 more! Ugh!
I spent the summer with only 2 pair of capris that fit and refused to buy more in this size. I had given away all of my clothes that were too big last summer thinking I would never need them again. This time I am not going through a clinic but doing it on my own with alternative products from Nashua. I've got to get off about 50 lbs and am committed to see it through. I'm hoping to be active in this forum so that I can keep up my motivation. It helps to hear how others are doing and to share tips and ideas. So there you have it, hopefully you didn't nod off reading this! :)

LUCCILOVE
11-01-2013, 03:04 PM
Jig--congrats on the WI!!! Great job!

Hope everyone has a nice weekend!

Kawaii1002
11-01-2013, 03:06 PM

ROCK IT!!!!!! We are sharing the same WI amounts just about... I gave 5.8 this week :) I'll get to the point where I can shop in my closet sooner or later...

emsmom97
11-01-2013, 03:07 PM
Hi all,
If I started on Oct 31 can I still be part of your group? You seem like such a great bunch to interact with.
A little history about me. Last year I did IP through a clinic and lost about 20 lbs in 2 months. Was very happy with that, although not at goal. I fell off plan and could just never get my mind back into it. Fast forward to now and I am SO ready to do this again. I gained back everything plus about 5 more! Ugh!
I spent the summer with only 2 pair of capris that fit and refused to buy more in this size. I had given away all of my clothes that were too big last summer thinking I would never need them again. This time I am not going through a clinic but doing it on my own with alternative products from Nashua. I've got to get off about 50 lbs and am committed to see it through. I'm hoping to be active in this forum so that I can keep up my motivation. It helps to hear how others are doing and to share tips and ideas. So there you have it, hopefully you didn't nod off reading this! :)

Welcome! So glad you decided to join us.:welcome3:

watchoutforthatcar
11-01-2013, 03:07 PM
emsmom - Thanks so much!

iwannabe - I hate those dreams. I've had them so bad where they seem like I've been eating bad food for months and gained weight and I wake up in a panic attack. Am I that scared I'll fall off the wagon? The food in my dreams taste so good though. lolol

emsmom97
11-01-2013, 03:08 PM
emsmom - Thanks so much!

iwannabe - I hate those dreams. I've had them so bad where they seem like I've been eating bad food for months and gained weight and I wake up in a panic attack. Am I that scared I'll fall off the wagon? The food in my dreams taste so good though. lolol

Just think...dream food is calorie free!:)

Kawaii1002
11-01-2013, 03:13 PM
Hi all,

Skini,

:wel3fc:!!!!!!!

I've found that staying active here is one of the things that helps me stay "accountable" to this protocol. I've started a work out program, and I've got buddies that are doing that with me too, so they keep me on track for my work out.. All in all, GREAT!!! Welcome to the group. Look forward to getting to know you :)

Kawaii

mncntrygrl79
11-01-2013, 03:55 PM
I'd love to join you inspiring ladies. I just finished week 2 and am down 12 lbs and 16 inches! Hoping I can continue strong through the holidays!

iwannabe140
11-01-2013, 04:11 PM
I wish I would loss inches! In 2 weeks lost 7lbs and only 1.5 inches..and not even where I want it to! lol

watchoutforthatcar
11-01-2013, 04:48 PM
I think I've lost maybe 2 inches around my stomach since I've started. I'm not a pro on this whole inches thing but I do know that my 'a size down' jeans didn't button or get over my stomach when I started IP and now they button.

Though still not wearable just yet. I'm trying not to focus so much on anything other than how my clothes are fitting. The scale and I are sworn enemies but it really likes me on this diet. lolol.

Also, I'd just like to say that I love still losing weight around TOM. I don't lose as much as other weeks but when I was calorie counting my scale would pick a random number normally 3 lbs more than what I was and stall there until I was officially over it. It's so nice to see the scale still move down even during this tragic time of the month.

emsmom97
11-01-2013, 05:04 PM
I'd love to join you inspiring ladies. I just finished week 2 and am down 12 lbs and 16 inches! Hoping I can continue strong through the holidays!

Great results! I'm sure you will be strong...the numbers are so motivational.

Jig
11-01-2013, 05:24 PM

And one guy :D

mncntrygrl79
11-01-2013, 05:30 PM
Sorry Jig! You too :-)

Sweetness0915
11-01-2013, 05:57 PM
Hi everyone!
I have a question. It's been a month and I've lost 26 lbs which is awesome but no inches off in 3 weeks. Is that normal???

IdealProteinNewbie
11-01-2013, 06:47 PM
airportchick: LOVE your list! Keep it up!

Slipfree
11-01-2013, 08:05 PM
Hi everyone!

Emsmom, I laughed at the no calorie dream food :)

Jig, congrats on your loss! Awesome give away. May have to look into that cookbook.

Welcome to all the new people! You are most def. welcome to join us.

Airportchick- love your list! Three things keep me on track:1. my blood pressure and wanting to get healthy. 2. the fear that my 12 day, new to IP headache will return if I cheat. 3. I want to beat fat! I have met every other obstacle in my life with determination and a plan. I am going to win. I have decided that I will not live a half life, limiting myself and my choices because I am not comfortable in my body. No food is worth that sacrifice.

kelseys928
11-01-2013, 09:04 PM
thought i would drop in for a hello to my fellow october-ers . tomorrow marks one month exactly since join date! about to try my cauliflower tater tots! hope they taste as good as they sound

Kawaii1002
11-01-2013, 10:25 PM
I'm super excited. Tomorrow is the 2nd of Nov.. I've gotten a good portion of the protocol under my belt. I feel more capable and able to just keep plugging away.

Not only have I noticed physical changes, I've noticed mental ones.. the whole idea that a "cheat" is worth my entire weeks food budget.. Ewwww. totally got me to rethink whether or not it was "worth it". As most of you all know, I've got quite a bit of weight to go, and I do not really see any difference at all within my face or even my body. I've had a few times of discouragement because my husband is doing this too, and he's smaller, has less to lose and everyone's already remarking on how much better he looks. Not really nice of me to get jealous now is it?!

Today I had a most embarrassing NSV realization that helped to show me that yes, I am indeed giving those pounds away.. I have a pair of pants that are a tad long, and I was walking along in the grocery store with my daughter and son. I stepped accidentally on the bottom of the pants leg of one side.. I kept walking, and the pants didn't! Thank G*D I was wearing a VERY long and baggy shirt.. I had to kinda do this double step jiggle in order to pull them up so they wouldn't fall further..

Thanks for listening..

Kawaii

Slipfree
11-01-2013, 10:43 PM
Kawaii, that is quite a nsv! I am sure that there are a lot of changes that you just can't see. I am sure that others notice, you have given away a lot of weight! As for the hubby, men just lose faster. Look at the weeks for men on our clinics website or wall,usually half the time for men. Just keep focusing on the program and those britches will be falling off. Lol

jemma51
11-01-2013, 11:43 PM
I blew it last night. had three glasses of wine. Don't know what will mean as far as gains or losses this week. :dizzy:

airportchick11
11-02-2013, 09:44 AM
I wish I would loss inches! In 2 weeks lost 7lbs and only 1.5 inches..and not even where I want it to! lol

Are you completely OP?
Do you have a 'good' coach?

7 lbs in 2 weeks is really good! Maybe your body just takes a few weeks to let go.

airportchick11
11-02-2013, 09:46 AM

Welcome!! Congrats, sounds like you are doing wonderful!! Keep it up, the more OP you are the shorter time Phase 1!!

airportchick11
11-02-2013, 09:50 AM
I'm super excited. Tomorrow is the 2nd of Nov.. I've gotten a good portion of the protocol under my belt. I feel more capable and able to just keep plugging away.

Today I had a most embarrassing NSV realization that helped to show me that yes, I am indeed giving those pounds away.. I have a pair of pants that are a tad long, and I was walking along in the grocery store with my daughter and son. I stepped accidentally on the bottom of the pants leg of one side.. I kept walking, and the pants didn't! Thank G*D I was wearing a VERY long and baggy shirt.. I had to kinda do this double step jiggle in order to pull them up so they wouldn't fall further..

Thanks for listening..

Kawaii

So awesome!! Time to go shopping or your new nickname will have to be baggybutt!! :)

airportchick11
11-02-2013, 09:53 AM
I think I got my ticker...testing :)

claustin
11-02-2013, 11:37 AM
Congratulations to everyone on their NSV :) and to those who overcame Halloween!

Went for a jog yesterday. First one in months. Sure felt good. Only went half the distance in the same amount of time but it still felt awesome. Kind of changes your attitude and perspective on healthy eating. Might need to start walking on my treadmill every morning. May be the incentive I need to stay on plan 100% I can not believe how hard I am finding starting and staying with it. Its really becoming frustrating. Anyway, enough with the pity party. Today is ANOTHER brand new day, brand new start. Here's to sticking with it :cheer:

wantanewme
11-02-2013, 12:32 PM
I blew it last night. had three glasses of wine. Don't know what will mean as far as gains or losses this week. :dizzy:

Same for me last night :( having a really hard time staying op. my weight hasn't changed in 10 days. I know tonight is going to be bad too because its my husband's bday and we are going out to dinner at a really nice pizza place. I really need to get back on the wagon tomorrow.

Slipfree
11-02-2013, 01:12 PM
Back from my WI- 5.5 pounds gone. 19.5 pounds total on their scale (20 on mine) 18.75 inches lost in a month. (11 in my waist). Best news of all! My Blood pressure was lower than I had seen it in 5 years!

Great birthday present to myself! And I bought the IP cookbook(thanks Jig)
Off to the Charity tea. Taking my strawberry wafers. Then dinner with my family and friends. Bought some WF salad dressing packets and some carb free wasabi mustard to have with my tuna. I've got a plan and I am sticking to it!

I am sorry to see that so many people are struggling, just want to give you a hug and say don't give up. Every step away from the way we were eating before is an achievement.

Time to get beautiful for the tea. Have a wonderful day!

wantanewme
11-02-2013, 01:41 PM
Back from my WI- 5.5 pounds gone. 19.5 pounds total on their scale (20 on mine) 18.75 inches lost in a month. (11 in my waist). Best news of all! My Blood pressure was lower than I had seen it in 5 years!

Off to the Charity tea. Taking my strawberry wafers. Then dinner with my family and friends. Bought some WF salad dressing packets and some carb free wasabi mustard to have with my tuna. I've got a plan and I am sticking to it!

I am sorry to see that so many people are struggling, just want to give you a hug and say don't give up. Every step away from the way we were eating before is an achievement.

Congrats! You are doing awesome!! Have a great time at the tea. And thank you for you words of encouragement... Kind and supportive without being preachy :)

Justdoinit
11-02-2013, 02:37 PM
I think social events sometimes pose the biggest challenge. I have taken to claiming allergies to wine, movie theater popcorn, just about anything. One of my friends used to say just because you fall off the wagon doesn't mean you need to push it over the cliff. Climb back on!

wantanewme
11-02-2013, 02:55 PM
I think social events sometimes pose the biggest challenge. I have taken to claiming allergies to wine, movie theater popcorn, just about anything. One of my friends used to say just because you fall off the wagon doesn't mean you need to push it over the cliff. Climb back on!

Great advice from your friend! Unfortunately I'm an all or nothing person which makes it hard to get back up. Still I have to do it.

jemma51
11-02-2013, 06:11 PM
Same for me last night :( having a really hard time staying op. my weight hasn't changed in 10 days. I know tonight is going to be bad too because its my husband's bday and we are going out to dinner at a really nice pizza place. I really need to get back on the wagon tomorrow.

I have no problem during the week. My boyfriend is in town on the weekends and well I like to drink when he is here. It seems to be my biggest challenge. I am stunned by the amount of weight and inches that some people lose because I don't seem to be capable even if I am OP. I haven't put one tiny morsel of any food in my mouth that I am not allowed. I'm losing but not huge amounts like some UGH!!

watchoutforthatcar
11-02-2013, 07:43 PM
Jemma - I think that you're not losing that fast because you don't have as much to lose as say someone my size with over a 100 lbs to lose. Once we get closer to your size ours will most likely be smaller as well. But any amount of weight gone is great. So keep going you'll do great.

IP has been one of the easiest and yet hardest diets I've ever done. Easiest because it's nothing for me to follow it because you have SUCH a small window of food you can eat. lolol. There is so much that I can't eat that I don't bother with that stuff anymore.

Hardest because I still miss my junk food. And when people eat around me I feel like I'm depriving myself. What keeps me going is telling myself I'll able to eat regularly (well a new regular) after it's all said and done.

For the first time in my life I feel like I can make it to goal. And I really wouldn't be surprised if that was around summer. I'm just so happy to have finally found something that works for me.

iwannabe140
11-02-2013, 09:53 PM
Are you completely OP?
Do you have a 'good' coach?

7 lbs in 2 weeks is really good! Maybe your body just takes a few weeks to let go.

for the most part op, I tend to not do so well on the weekends as my routine goes out the window, but I am staying away from carbs and sugar so I feel I am doing ok still, just want instant results lol

Jig
11-02-2013, 10:26 PM

Jemma,

I don't mean to sound "preachy" or tell you what to do, but I spoke with my doctor about having alcohol while on the diet (I really miss a glass of scotch at night), but my doctor said its dangerous to have alcohol while on the diet. Apparently, our bodies aren't quite as able to digest the alcohol so the effects are greatly increased. Also, it makes the body unable to continue burning fat as our livers work to dispel the alcohol as opposed to the fat. I have been tempted sevearl times already to have a drink and I just remind myself that its a double whammy, its both dangerous and it halts weight loss.

Jig
11-02-2013, 10:30 PM

Congrats on all the victories! Hope you like the cookbook. I used part of the recipe from the tortilla soup to make my own tortilla's today using the IP pancake/crepe mix. Essentially, you make the crepes with about 3.5 ounces of water so they are still somewhat thick and cook them in a pan like you normally do. Then I brushed them with a little olive oil and baked them at 400 degrees for about 5 min and flipped and cooked for an additional five minutes. They basically became a tortilla that I put some chicken, spinach and a little hot sauce in and had myself a wrap for lunch! It was great treat that was still OP!

Slipfree
11-02-2013, 10:43 PM
Thanks Jig! The meal sounds yummy. I need to buy some spinach this week. Last night, I made shrimp. Peeled the shrimp, boiled the shells to get a base removed shells, added nf chicken broth, garlic, olive oil and lemon. In another pan, stir fried mushrooms, 6 cherry tomatoes. Added the shrimp and sauce to the veggies. Yum. Would have added capers but did not want to retain water for my weigh in.

I was told the same info. about alcohol, plus -that it takes 3 days to get back to ketosis. I did miss wine tonight at my bday dinner, but I made it through. Funny thing is- i do not miss the sugary stuff that I practically lived on. I miss olives and avocados. Weird, I know :)

kelseys928
11-03-2013, 12:11 AM
Jemma,

I don't mean to sound "preachy" or tell you what to do, but I spoke with my doctor about having alcohol while on the diet (I really miss a glass of scotch at night), but my doctor said its dangerous to have alcohol while on the diet. Apparently, our bodies aren't quite as able to digest the alcohol so the effects are greatly increased. Also, it makes the body unable to continue burning fat as our livers work to dispel the alcohol as opposed to the fat. I have been tempted sevearl times already to have a drink and I just remind myself that its a double whammy, its both dangerous and it halts weight loss.

I have known about that it halts fat burning for a little but what do you mean by increases the effects? As in you get drunker faster? Im a college student and the night before thanksgiving is my favorite night of the year and know that I will be drinking that night (first time not OP in 8 weeks) so would like to understand more. thanks !

Kawaii1002
11-03-2013, 12:33 AM

Slip,

:congrat:

Way to to at your WI!!! 5.5lb!!! That's AWESOME! Better yet are all the things that are showing that the changes are really happening.. BP coming down is awesome!

What a Birthday Present to yourself!!!! ( I seriously read your post and couldn't stop smiling) You made a plan and you have your tools with you so you can enjoy your time out, and still maintain equilibrium OP... WTG!!!!

Last but not least:

:bday2you:

Kawaii1002
11-03-2013, 12:41 AM
I have known about that it halts fat burning for a little but what do you mean by increases the effects? As in you get drunker faster? Im a college student and the night before thanksgiving is my favorite night of the year and know that I will be drinking that night (first time not OP in 8 weeks) so would like to understand more. thanks !

Long story short is if you drink high amounts of alcohol while being OP, you can actually cause your blood sugar to drop (drastically) and go into hypoglycemic shock.. It can potentially kill you.. not anything to play around with.

kelseys928
11-03-2013, 12:48 AM
Long story short is if you drink high amounts of alcohol while being OP, you can actually cause your blood sugar to drop (drastically) and go into hypoglycemic shock.. It can potentially kill you.. not anything to play around with.

doesn't that only happen with diabetics though?

Kawaii1002
11-03-2013, 01:00 AM
doesn't that only happen with diabetics though?

I'm not a nurse, or a doctor, but from the literature that my center gave me, no it's not just diabetics.. Talk with your center for further information.

wantanewme
11-03-2013, 10:40 AM
Good morning everyone!
Hope you're all having a good Sunday.
This is my day 1 again and I will remain 100% op until Thanksgiving. I give you permission to give me he** and hold me accountable if I don't :)

sologirl
11-03-2013, 01:41 PM
Today is day 3 for me. I had a late breakfast...oatmeal...cant quite decide if I liked it or not...lol. But im already starving less than an hour later!! I love all the packet hack ideas and recipes in the newbie thread but maybe reading so much is making me hungry!! Im going to munch on some cucumbers while I decide what to make for lunch....

wantanewme
11-03-2013, 02:03 PM
Today is day 3 for me. I had a late breakfast...oatmeal...cant quite decide if I liked it or not...lol. But im already starving less than an hour later!! I love all the packet hack ideas and recipes in the newbie thread but maybe reading so much is making me hungry!! Im going to munch on some cucumbers while I decide what to make for lunch....

I love the oatmeal and I doctor it up with a dash of cinnamon. Too bad it's restricted. Otherwise I'd eat it every day :)

Slipfree
11-03-2013, 02:33 PM
Welcome Sologirl! I liked the oatmeal, but not enough to have it for my restricted. Some of the other Rs are really good. Drink lots of water, it will fill you up. Not going to lie- the first weeks are hard, but easier when you get through it.

Wantanewme, I just joined the 20 pounds by Christmas Challenge. Motivation to stay 100% through the holidays.

Can we have prosciutto on phase 1? Cause the IP cookbook uses t a lot. A great app for the holidays would be prosciutto wrapped fennel or veggie for Tday- grilled asparagus wrapped with prosciutto. Going to post this to the veterans too.

Have a fire going in the fireplace on a beautiful fall day. The leaves in CT have been beautiful this year. Hoping for one more warm day to plant some tulip bulbs.

watchoutforthatcar
11-03-2013, 02:38 PM
My first attempt at making zucchini chips today! I'm nervous because I really don't like to venture into new territory. But I'm getting burnt out on just green beans, broccoli, and cauliflower. My brother also got me some squash which I don't even know the first thing to do with.....

Wahoofan
11-03-2013, 03:16 PM
I just made something new and it turned out as tasty as I hoped it would. I bought the new garlic and herb chips and hated them so much I only ate two chips. I kept the bag thinking I could do something with it though.

I turned them into a powder in my magic bullet, used it to coat nugget sized pieces of chicken, and sautéed until crispy and cooked through. They were such a nice change from plain chicken.

The 6oz breast used about half the package of chips. I put the rest on the freezer (because it had touched the raw chicken) to use another time.

watchoutforthatcar
11-03-2013, 03:19 PM
Well, the zucchini didn't really turn out like chips. lolol. But they were still good! I actually like the taste so I'll try something different with them next time.

jemma51
11-03-2013, 04:30 PM
Jemma,

I'm finding out the wrong way that it does in fact halt weight loss. Scaring that
it could make you go into diabetic shock. Not doing that again.

tingstar
11-03-2013, 07:14 PM
Hello All,

Your journey inspires me to keep OP.

I've been lurking here for about a week and started IP 10.31.2013. There have been some challenges, but so far I've stayed on plan. I received a mix of everything for the first two weeks. I'm thankful for that, but I've found the drinks, banana pudding, and chicken soup not so good. I have no problems getting my veggies and in and being creative in that department. The IP packets have a lot of protein in them, which makes me eat them.

I was recently diagnosed with Celiac disease and went gluten-free about three months ago. The first two weeks of gluten-free I thought I had the flu. I've been preparing myself for that same feeling, and fortunately, I've not gone through any awful withdrawals.

Slipfree
11-03-2013, 07:26 PM
Hi Tingstar!

Have you tried the strawberry banana pre-made drink? Or using Claustin's tip of slowly heating up the choc. drink? I heat the cappuccino too. So happy that you aren't having the negative symptoms and sorry to hear of you recent diagnosis. There is a poster- 65x65 on the daily chat that knows a lot about IP and celiac.

claustin
11-03-2013, 07:57 PM
Welcome Tingstar!

The Chocolate drink mix is delicious warmed! It is the only drink mix I can handle. And I only like the Chicken noodle soup & Broccoli Cheese soups. This is the only food I consume while on this diet. Besides the Peanut Butter Bar, Dill Pickle Zippers & Salt/Vinegar Ridges. I use the soups as a sauce over my veggies. Don't think I would be able to eat it like it is. But good luck if you are adventurous with your food. I tend to be very very picky (if you couldn't tell haha) It is a wonderful diet, with impressive weight loss numbers.... if you can get past the first week. I have been struggle to stay 100% on plan since starting Oct. 21. But I have recommitted yesterday and the past 2 days have been going great. Hoping for another one tomorrow :)

watchoutforthatcar
11-03-2013, 09:38 PM
Good luck, Claustin!

Sally4397
11-03-2013, 09:53 PM
Hey all. It's been a good OP weekend here, but my fingers are feeling swollen so I must be retaining water...frustrating but at least my weigh-in isn't until Friday. Went shopping today and picked up a few new tops at Target. Excited that I felt good trying them on for my hubby...and he said he thought I looked good too. :)

Slipfree
11-04-2013, 07:53 AM
Hi everyone,

Sally, wonderful NSV! Shopping is so much fun-when the clothes look good.

Jemma, lesson learned, it will all kick back in this week.

Claustin, hope that you have another great day.

Saw this quote somewhere recently, can't remember who had it.

Try not. Do or do not. There is no try. -Yoda

Have a great day.

watchoutforthatcar
11-04-2013, 10:53 AM
Sometimes I have days where I still want to eat carb laden food. And it's not even a craving or something that I can't overcome it's more or less a longing for something that isn't this. It's annoying while all my family members are getting ready for this big Thanksgiving meal I'll be stuck with meat and veggies. *sigh*

iwannabe140
11-04-2013, 11:13 AM
I'm havin g this moment of feeling "lighter" I just feel like I have lost weight, it's weird. I don't wi until Wednesday, so I hope my "feelings" are real!

jemma51
11-04-2013, 11:13 AM
Last night was a big test for me. Made the family lasagna, garlic bread, and choc chip cookies. The garlic bread was sooo tempting but, I walked away . Didn't cave. That was empowering.

I think my kidneys are hurting. I have woken up the last two days wiyh pain in ny back and believe it's kidney pain.

WI tomorrow expect to not do well because of my consumption of wine over the weekend.

claustin
11-04-2013, 11:34 AM
Ok Ladies, (Sorry Jig this is for ladies only lol)

I need to vent.....

I weighed Friday morning just to see my progress (weigh in isn't till today) and I was down 8lbs since Oct 21 (even with all my cheats & restarts) But my TOM was suppose to start last week and it didn't start till yesterday (7days late). I stayed OP all weekend and Did my weigh in today and IM UP 2LBS ?!?!?!?!

So frustrated and feeling defeated... But I am staying OP till next Monday to see if it changes.....

Anyway, thanks for letting me vent

jemma51
11-04-2013, 11:40 AM

I need to vent.....

I weighed Friday morning just to see my progress (weigh in isn't till today) and I was down 8lbs since Oct 21 (even with all my cheats & restarts) But my TOM was suppose to start last week and it didn't start till yesterday (7days late). I stayed OP all weekend and Did my weigh in today and IM UP 2LBS ?!?!?!?!

So frustrated and feeling defeated... But I am staying OP till next Monday to see if it changes.....

I would guess it's water retention. TOM sucks. Stay on track it will come off.

wantanewme
11-04-2013, 11:42 AM

I need to vent.....

I bet it's TOM. You're probably retaining water. Drink as much water as you can and stay OP. I bet you'll be down again in a couple of days. I have days like that where I just gain 2 pounds for no reason. But you have to remember that's not really weight gain. It's just water weight and it'll come right back off.

wantanewme
11-04-2013, 11:44 AM
Last night was a big test for me. Made the family lasagna, garlic bread, and choc chip cookies. The garlic bread was sooo tempting but, I walked away . Didn't cave. That was empowering.

I think my kidneys are hurting. I have woken up the last two days wiyh pain in ny back and believe it's kidney pain.

WI tomorrow expect to not do well because of my consumption of wine over the weekend.

Good job! It was a test for me too. It was my hubby's birthday and I made fish, steaks, asparagus, sautéed zucchini and baked potatoe. Those potatoes were calling my name! And my father in law brought 2 bottles of wine which he and my
Brother in law drank! I wanted some wine so badly but didnt cave. And I felt so much better for it today!

wantanewme
11-04-2013, 11:47 AM
WARNING: about CHEATING. Don't read if its a trigger for you.

Do any of you plan a cheat and use it to motivate yourself? For example I've told myself that if I stay OP for 25 days I can eat a regular meal on Thanksgiving. And then I have to be good again until Christmas and then I can indulge again for one day. Does anyone else do this?

watchoutforthatcar
11-04-2013, 11:48 AM
It's for sure TOM. Just another reason for me to resent it. Just continue staying OP and you'll see that drop!

stephascope
11-04-2013, 11:53 AM

Do any of you plan a cheat and use it to motivate yourself? For example I've told myself that if I stay OP for 25 days I can eat a regular meal on Thanksgiving. And then I have to be good again until Christmas and then I can indulge again for one day. Does anyone else do this?

I'm planning a cheat for November 30 which is my staff Christmas party. I'm not using it as motivation - I'm actually not looking forward to it. Cheating that night will probably cause a slow down that week. We are going to a fantastic restaurant and I don't want to be grumpy that I can't eat any of the food there. I will plan to have small tastes of things and not go overboard. Also planning some cheats during the Christmas holidays and starting back 100% afterward. I feel like I should have started this program months ago so the holidays wouldn't be such a setback but there's no time like the present I guess!

claustin
11-04-2013, 11:53 AM
The last time I did IP I didn't gain at TOM but I would only loose 1-2 lbs that week. To see the scale go up might be what I needed to buckle down and get determined. I don't know. But its disappointing at the same time. I'm blaming it on TOM (like I did all my cheats haha) After this week I wont have any excuse except lack of will power!! Which I am really really trying to overcome.

Thanks for trying to make me feel better everyone :) Its nice to having you ladies here

jemma51
11-04-2013, 12:21 PM
I'm planning a cheat for November 30 which is my staff Christmas party. I'm not using it as motivation - I'm actually not looking forward to it. Cheating that night will probably cause a slow down that week. We are going to a fantastic restaurant and I don't want to be grumpy that I can't eat any of the food there. I will plan to have small tastes of things and not go overboard. Also planning some cheats during the Christmas holidays and starting back 100% afterward. I feel like I should have started this program months ago so the holidays wouldn't be such a setback but there's no time like the present I guess!

I did'nt consider the holidays when I started. That being said, I will just do my best. I'm not typically a sweets person so I can avoid those things but, Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner will be an issue. I am going to eat what I want and get right back on track. I don't believe in depriving myself to the point of not celebrating a hilday. For me it leads to self distruction for feeling deprived of things. jmho

mvngmntns13
11-04-2013, 02:41 PM
Is anyone else who started in October struggling? I am finding that it is really difficult for me to get through the days now that I am starting week 6. I don't think it's temptation of anything (although the thought of putting myself face-down in a pizza is tempting!), but now the scale is barely moving (and not because I am not on plan). Mentally, this is getting tougher. Sigh.

emsmom97
11-04-2013, 03:33 PM

You know...I've been thinking about this alot lately. I'm nervous to cheat. What will happen on the scale? I've been so successful thus far that I don't want that to stop. I'm feeling really good about myself and am noticing changes in the way I look. Thanksgiving actually is really scaring me. We are flying to Chicago for that weekend and things will be out of my control. I think that if I can deal with the parts I am in control of, then I can't feel bad, but I've been 100% OP this entire time and really want to stay on plan. The holidays are gonna be tough!!!

watchoutforthatcar
11-04-2013, 04:23 PM
I'm going to two concerts the 2nd week of december and I was telling myself I've done so well and I don't want to be bothered with how strict this is and I was going to go off it until after the concert. But I started reading around the board, about how hard it is to restart and how it's not as easy the second time. I think that knocked me out of it. I'd rather just continue the success that I'm having. I mean, we're all going to get to goal eventually and we're allowed one cheat day a week so that's what I'm looking forward to. And it kind of motivates me not to go off it now.

Of course, I understand why and if anyone else does. Please let me know how it worked for you and if you were able to jump right back on. That's what scares me the most. I know with other diets where I took a break and then tried to go back to it, I never had the same motivation as the first time.

Slipfree
11-04-2013, 06:23 PM
I am with Watchoutforthatcar, I am going for 100% until the end. Made it through 3 family birthdays, a wedding,a charity Tea, and my own birthday in the past month. I am making a plan for Thanksgiving, bringing some of my own veggies. I will miss the wine but it will be there next year.

mvngmntns13- I just finished week 4 and I am definitely hungry again this week. Water, herbal tea and pickles have helped.

Emsmom- travel for the holidays is tough. Is there anyway you could ask for your veggies clean?

airportchick11
11-04-2013, 06:41 PM
I am with Watchoutforthatcar, I am going for 100% until the end. Made it through 3 family birthdays, a wedding,a charity Tea, and my own birthday in the past month. I am making a plan for Thanksgiving, bringing some of my own veggies. I will miss the wine but it will be there next year.

mvngmntns13- I just finished week 4 and I am definitely hungry again this week. Water, herbal tea and pickles have helped.

Emsmom- travel for the holidays is tough. Is there anyway you could ask for your veggies clean?

Amen! Me too! The more OP I am..the less I am on Phase 1.
I plan on a ton of turkey, some green beans and a salad..that should be plenty!

Keeping motivated through weekly progress! Had my fourth week WI and down 2.5. Over 11 lbs lost in four weeks and over 14 inches. I can do this!

Had an emergency situation over the weekend with the man and spent time in the ER, then icu, and have been spending the night every night. Tonight will be my first night home. I have been so tempted with all the vending stuff but I made the choice to pack up stuff and make good choices at dinner...it worked. (He's still in hospital) None of that crap in the vending would have changed one damn thing. Putting food in my my mouth is the ONLY thing I can control and nobody can take it away from me. It's the only thing I can do for myself right now. Everyone tells me to make sure I take care of myself, well, this is the only thing I can do. I won't use this as an excuse, not this time. Screw fat...I'm over it...I'm over the struggle...I'm over the excuses. I will win and it will be glorious!!

I hope everyone keeps strong through the holidays. If there's a slip, there's a slip, we are all human. I just wish for the desire to be done with Phase 1 to be greater than the desire to eat whatever will make me feel like crap later.

Stay strong October sisters and brothers!! :dizzy:

airportchick11
11-04-2013, 06:48 PM
The last time I did IP I didn't gain at TOM but I would only loose 1-2 lbs that week. To see the scale go up might be what I needed to buckle down and get determined. I don't know. But its disappointing at the same time. I'm blaming it on TOM (like I did all my cheats haha) After this week I wont have any excuse except lack of will power!! Which I am really really trying to overcome.

Thanks for trying to make me feel better everyone :) Its nice to having you ladies here

You are going to do amazing! You keep on keeping on instead of giving up, that says ALOT!! Screw will power...reconsider your deepest desire, commit, and do...you've got this girl!!

claustin
11-04-2013, 07:01 PM
You are going to do amazing! You keep on keeping on instead of giving up, that says ALOT!! Screw will power...reconsider your deepest desire, commit, and do...you've got this girl!!

Thanks so much Airportchick11 I am determined to have this weight gone! I just joined the 20 by Christmas challenge. Need something to work towards and feel accountable each week to. Looking forward to next weigh in already

Slipfree
11-04-2013, 08:05 PM
Airportchick- you are one strong lady! Sorry to hear that "the man" is in the hospital. I am sending good thoughts your way. I am inspired by your planning and commitment during this stressful time. You are in it to win it!

LUCCILOVE
11-04-2013, 08:44 PM
WI today lost another 3lbs. Down 17lbs in 1 month. I am thrilled.

I just keep telling myself if I cheat it is costing me $$$ since this is expensive.

We can all do it. If we dont.....think what the alternative is.

Slipfree
11-04-2013, 09:07 PM

I just keep telling myself if I cheat it is costing me $$$ since this is expensive.

Fantastic loss. We got this!

mpfskinnyme
11-04-2013, 09:56 PM
I've been offline for a couple few days. Loved reading about everyones progress and some new IP'ers out there!

I had a tremendously successful weekend. 2 dinners with friends and I went to the Redskins game. Stayed OP the entire time... not a sliver!! I'm in another pair of pants I haven't been able to fit in for a while. Feeling good!

As far as cheating goes, I will not give myself a day, a bite, a sip, nothing. Since I have done this before I know how easy it is to deviate and it is so hard to get back OP. It took me almost 10 months to truly commit fully again and I gained everything back in the meantime. That one meal is just not worth it. There will be other Thanksgivings, other parties. And you know that fabulous restaurant... the food OP tastes so much better there than from my kitchen- and someone else cleans up the mess!

I'm only about to finish week 3. I've got a long way to go.. but, I'm going to stick to it till the END!! That's my plan!

Airportchick: Hope everything is ok. What a great job staying strong during such a tough time!

airportchick11
11-04-2013, 10:06 PM

Wooohooo luccilove!!! Congrats and I feel the same way about cheating.

airportchick11
11-04-2013, 10:08 PM
Thanks for the kind words all!

Mpfskinnyme...EXACTLY! There will always be another meal!

Sally4397
11-04-2013, 11:42 PM
Hey everyone, congrats on all the great weighing this week! Mine is on Friday and it's great motivation to stay on plan.

I had lunch at Fogo de Chao today (Brazilian steakhouse in dy MPLS). Although I definitely ate more than 8 oz of meet, and a fair amount of it was good red meat (so prolly not too lean) it was so satisfying. I felt better than I have in a long time (physically and mentally) so maybe I needed some good protein. I avoided all the starches and good cheeses too, so all in all I feel really good about today. I just ate some salad tonight and feel great. Off to bed for another day...

mpfskinnyme
11-05-2013, 12:03 AM
So excited! I was able to put my wedding ring back on!

Wine4me
11-05-2013, 04:15 AM

That is awesome! I also am wearing my 10 year band, that I have not worn in years. It feels great doesn't it?

wantanewme
11-05-2013, 08:17 AM

Nice! I was thrilled when I was able to get mine on comfortabley a couple of weeks ago. My hubby gets down when he seems me without it but it felt so claustrophobic for so long.

emsmom97
11-05-2013, 10:50 AM

Yep...already "warned" my mom to have lots of salad for me. I'm bringing my IP foods with me so it is only dinner to worry about. But, I will volunteer to take over for my mom so she doesn't have to cater to us while we are there. That way hubby and I can cook and I can stay 100% OP. Planning ahead is really helping me.

smilysweetpea
11-05-2013, 10:55 AM
What kind of Jello are you eating? Is it IP stuff?

Sorry for the late reply! The jello is the Hunts Snack Pack Sugar Free Strawberry or Orange Jello (Hunt's (Canada))

Serving Size: 1 Cup (99grams), Calories: 5, Fat: 0g, Carbs: 1g, Protein: 0g

smilysweetpea
11-05-2013, 10:59 AM
Smilysweetpea - you said you have only lost 10 pounds so far on this diet with a few cheats. I am jealous. I started a day after you, my only cheat was a half a bottle of Bud Select and I have only lost 10 pounds. Relatively speaking, you are doing great! It also appears with your current height and weight, you may not have all that much weight to spare and it may just take a bit longer?

Thanks ButtBgone! I just had a weak day! You are totally right....It may just take me a bit longer....slower fat loss is better than no loss!

smilysweetpea
11-05-2013, 11:01 AM
Well, since I started on October 2nd, I've officially made it a month, and proud to say at today's weigh-in, I am down 17 lbs in that time! Although the loss this week is slowing a bit (2lbs), I'll definately take it! Definately motivating to keep this up and not indulge in the cheats that provide only temporary satisfaction!

Wow! Thats amazing!!! Good for you Sally! :carrot: Happy dance time!

smilysweetpea
11-05-2013, 11:20 AM

Yep Kelsey you do get drunk wayyyyy faster! I can usually drink alot of Rye & cokes...not braggin!..lol But one of my cheats was Vodka (which I heard was one of the better choices on this diet) with water and lemon wedge....and I was feelin pretty good after that 1 drink so of coarse I had another...lol Needless to say I was in bed at 10 on Friday night and felt like I had been partying til 2am :^: :o

emsmom97
11-05-2013, 02:05 PM
Good morning all! Just back from weigh in. Down 1.8 pounds. A bit disappointed, but overall I'm now down 18 pounds....in just under 1 month. I guess I can't complain, but it's so frustrating to only lose 1.8 pounds this week when I've been 100% OP the entire time. Hopefully next week will be a bit better on the scale.

mvngmntns13
11-05-2013, 02:19 PM
emsmom97 - 18 lbs in one month is incredible!

I am worried my weight loss is stalling because I am right around where I usually am and have been for years. Has this happened to anyone? Didn't lose any weight in the last week despite being on plan.

exesparz
11-05-2013, 02:48 PM
Hi everyone. I started IP on the 25th and on my 3rd week right now. I have actually been doing really well in IP. I'm two weeks I have lost almost 10lbs. I thought I was going to struggle but I haven't. My motivation has that my doctor told me I'm order to have the possibility if having a baby I must lose weight. I lost 20lbs before I started IP and was stuck. I am really hopefully to reach my goal weight with a doctor that actually follows yup on me.

Jig
11-05-2013, 03:38 PM
Lots of great Wi's and NSV's! Congrats to you all!

As far as cheat days go, I try to remind myself that a cheat day is more like a cheat 3 or 4 days. I was very nauseous during the first week on the diet, and the thought of kicking myself out of ketosis and having to go through that again just for a few minutes of something savory isn't worth it to me. But to each his own, or her own, since it looks like I'm the only guy in the group (didn't notice that till I was already too involved to leave, hope its ok with everyone that I stick around :)

As far as the holidays go, I'll do my best to stay OP. I'd suggest trying something that is still OP but you haven't tried before. Make a dish on this website or out of the cookbook that is new to you. It may not be mashed potatoes and gravy, but it could be a welcomed new taste to treat your taste buds. Good luck this week!

watchoutforthatcar
11-05-2013, 04:38 PM
Hi everyone. I started IP on the 25th and on my 3rd week right now. I have actually been doing really well in IP. I'm two weeks I have lost almost 10lbs. I thought I was going to struggle but I haven't. My motivation has that my doctor told me I'm order to have the possibility if having a baby I must lose weight. I lost 20lbs before I started IP and was stuck. I am really hopefully to reach my goal weight with a doctor that actually follows yup on me.

Way to go! What a great loss! And a wonderful reason to lose weight.:)

iwannabe140
11-05-2013, 05:32 PM

I am in the same situation, dh and I have been trying for over 2 years and the FS said 10% of my weight would make a big difference

Slipfree
11-05-2013, 07:40 PM
Emsmom- 18 pounds is fantastic. I bet next WI will be even better. It would have taken me 3 months to lose this weight on other diets.

Jig- everyone is struggling with the same experience, does not matter that you are a guy, as long as you can deal with our frustration about hormone fluctuations and slowed weigh ins. Lol

Love that your rings are all fitting again! Fun nsv.

I just got a Cuisinart food processor for my bday. Excited to see what it can do to veggies. :)

mpfskinnyme
11-05-2013, 07:43 PM

As far as cheat days go, I try to remind myself that a cheat day is more like a cheat 3 or 4 days. I was very nauseous during the first week on the diet, and the thought of kicking myself out of ketosis and having to go through that again just for a few minutes of something savory isn't worth it to me. But to each his own, or her own, since it looks like I'm the only guy in the group (didn't notice that till I was already too involved to leave, hope its ok with everyone that I stick around :)
!

Great point! And of course you should stick around! We need a guy in the group!

tingstar
11-05-2013, 08:44 PM
Hello there,
I wanted to thank everyone that responded to my post and gave me hope that there would be some things that I would like on IP. Claustin, your pickiness paid off because your suggestions were spot-on. Last night I discovered the blueberry drink and this afternoon tried the powered chocolate drink. It tasted very good! I even braved trying the tomato soup and it was just eh. The protein bars I can live without as well.

Now, I now we aren't supposed to be counting calories, etc, but I plug everything I eat during the day into my fitness pal and am surprised at the fat and carb count. I'm not sure at what point the body goes into ketosis. It is my first week still, and my carb count has been around 46-50grams. Does this seem high?

Summary:

Tue Mon Sun Sat Fri
Fat 34 29 32 30 21
Carb 46 54 50 50 63
Cals 845 800 900 788 744

How is the hunger on the first week? Well, I can tell it's there. I'm able to chew a couple pieces of sugar-free chewing gum to keep me occupied and drink A LOT of water, and munch on lettuce and Walden Farms dressing.

This next week coming up, I will need to plan my veggies for more than a week and for two people. My darling huz had a snack-fest the other night with all the veggies I cut up for my lunches for the week. Yes, I'm doing okay, and staying on track.

Hope all of you are well.
Kindly,
Ting.

lisa32989
11-05-2013, 10:36 PM
That is not high.
Track fiber too.
You'll subtract fiber from total carbs to get net carbs.

calgaryjetgirl
11-05-2013, 11:39 PM
Week two weigh in and I was down 1.2 or a total of 8 in two weeks. Definitely slowed down but it is also my TOM so I expected it.

My "coach" is in training and it seems he got confused when he told me cucumbers didn't count as my vegetable. Also had a bit of confusion with him calling to reschedule my appointment on Monday. Problem was I didn't have a appointment on Monday, it was for Saturday. Got that sorted out but he's definitely not organized and I'm just feeling like I don't want to deal with his training if he's not organized or knows the program. I have enough to deal with trying to stay OP!

Discovered this week that the Dill Pickle crisps are great on your salad for a bit of crunch.

lisa32989
11-06-2013, 07:29 AM
calgaryjetgirl
Is your clinic giving you a significant discount for having a coach who is still in training? IP is very expensive and you deserve a "fully trained" coach if you are paying full price

Shantimom
11-06-2013, 08:24 AM
Hi! I got back on IP on 10/29 after getting to that mind-barrier weight & decided to fast forward thru the phases....but as I hit my 10 lb limit, I restarted. Weird because I dropped 5 lbs within the first 4 days and I thought by today I could drop another few lbs but I'm only down 1/2lb. No cheats but hadn't been faithful w supplements, so will ask coach at tomorrow's weigh in.

This is such a great site!

emsmom97
11-06-2013, 10:53 AM
Good morning all! Hope you are having a fantastic week. It's hump day! Almost to the weekend...yeah!!!

Had a scary moment last night. I was bored and almost reverted to my old ways. I kept opening the fridge, but didn't eat anything. I kept hearing everyone's voice in my head telling me if I cheat, I don't lose. It takes 4 days to recover one day of cheat. No way am I going to prolong this process by cheating! It's hard enough as it is to lose weight, why would I want to do it for longer? In the end, I distracted myself by helping my daughter with her history homework. It worked. I stayed out of the kitchen and got over that little challenge. Now upwards and onwards to better things!

Jig
11-06-2013, 12:51 PM
Jig- everyone is struggling with the same experience, does not matter that you are a guy, as long as you can deal with our frustration about hormone fluctuations and slowed weigh ins. Lol

I appreciate the support. While I may not know how the hormone fluctuations, TOM, and the related frustrations feel and affect weigh-ins, I can sympathize that they are additional issues that you ladies are dealing with while doing something that is already hard enough. Keep it up, and we can all support each other!

I was reading the success stories forum yesterday and they were really inspiring. I hope I can put my success story on there someday and use it to motivate others.

exesparz
11-06-2013, 01:03 PM
I am in the same situation, dh and I have been trying for over 2 years and the FS said 10% of my weight would make a big difference

It nice to know I'm not the only one dealing with this.

mpfskinnyme
11-06-2013, 06:12 PM
Back from my 3rd weigh and I am rid of 4.2 more pounds! And what was even crazier than that was the amount of inches I lost. I know my clothes have been fitting better but, to have lost 7.75 inches in one week seems like there may have been a mistake. I'm going to take it as a cautious victory!

Slipfree
11-06-2013, 06:28 PM
Back from my 3rd weigh and I am rid of 4.2 more pounds! And what was even crazier than that was the amount of inches I lost. I know my clothes have been fitting better but, to have lost 7.75 inches in one week seems like there may have been a mistake. I'm going to take it as a cautious victory!

Yippee!! :woohoo: fantastic WI!

lucky22
11-06-2013, 06:34 PM
Hi All...a newbie here. I have started IP on October 29th and went in for my first weeks weigh in yesterday. I was down by 5 pounds and my coach said that was a good progress, although i feel i should have lost a few more pounds. I am looking forward to get lots of support on this forum, this is a wonderful place to be for all those who are on IP journey.

mpfskinnyme
11-06-2013, 06:57 PM
Good morning all! Hope you are having a fantastic week. It's hump day! Almost to the weekend...yeah!!!

Had a scary moment last night. I was bored and almost reverted to my old ways. I kept opening the fridge, but didn't eat anything. I kept hearing everyone's voice in my head telling me if I cheat, I don't lose. It takes 4 days to recover one day of cheat. No way am I going to prolong this process by cheating! It's hard enough as it is to lose weight, why would I want to do it for longer? In the end, I distracted myself by helping my daughter with her history homework. It worked. I stayed out of the kitchen and got over that little challenge. Now upwards and onwards to better things!

Great job, on not going back to the old ways! I've had that urge creep up on me a couple times too! Its scary how easy it is to just slip right back there. But, it feels so much better to conquer it.

Jig
11-06-2013, 08:02 PM

Even if the number was far less, it's still a great victory. And as long as you're feeling better then the exact number isn't as important. Great NSV!

Kawaii1002
11-06-2013, 10:12 PM

Jig,

Don't you DARE leave... this isn't a henhouse, we can always use a few roosters around.. you give a different perspective. And you're my long lost bread brother :D.

Hope you've been doing well, I've been crazy busy the past few days, but I'm coming into the weekend where I can actually relax! :)

Kawaii

airportchick11
11-07-2013, 12:14 AM

So glad the voices of success triumphed over the the old committee!! Congrats on the victory!!

Kawaii1002
11-07-2013, 09:28 AM
So I need some advice... Please note in advance that what I'm saying is entirely about me, and doesn't reflect anyone else's experience. I was talking with my *best friend* on Tuesday, and she said some things that really hurt my feelings. We've been friends for almost 20 years, and I love her to pieces, which made everything that much worse.

Tuesday is my WI day... up until this week I've had losses somewhere in the 4+ lb range... this week 2.2lbs. I was kind of disappointed.. I mean granted, 2.2 is still a GREAT loss, but with the previous weeks, I had just expected more I guess.. What bothered me the most is that the bestie called me a *itch for "complaining" about such a GREAT loss...

She's been doing WW for 6 months now, and has lost about 45lbs.. I just had my 5th WI and I'm 36.6lbs down. I don't know if she's mad/jealous/whatever...

My hubby is doing IP as well, but he had max 60lbs to lose, NOT 200+, so there's a bit of a different experience within our mental frames of mind. He tries to be supportive, but he's flat out admitted he doesn't understand where I'm coming from.

Guess I just needed to be able to vent, I know this isn't making a whole lot of sense. I'm still feeling disappointed... I stayed OP, AND started adding in exercise.. working out 3-4 days a week with a sustained heart rate in the 120's (fat burning zone, not anaerobic zone).. That's why I felt like it *should* have been more.

Thanks for listening!

Kawaii

wantanewme
11-07-2013, 09:48 AM
Jig,
Please stick around! It's always good to have a different perspective.
My husband is doing the diet with me and despite doing well (30 pounds in 5 weeks) he's getting discouraged and antsy. I think he wants to start running again but there is no way he can do that with this kind of
Calorie deficit. I may need some pointers from you about how to motivate him to stick with it for another 2 months!

Ladies and gent,
I have my WI in an hour after missing a week. Wish me luck :)

emsmom97
11-07-2013, 10:53 AM
So I need some advice... Please note in advance that what I'm saying is entirely about me, and doesn't reflect anyone else's experience. I was talking with my *best friend* on Tuesday, and she said some things that really hurt my feelings. We've been friends for almost 20 years, and I love her to pieces, which made everything that much worse.

Tuesday is my WI day... up until this week I've had losses somewhere in the 4+ lb range... this week 2.2lbs. I was kind of disappointed.. I mean granted, 2.2 is still a GREAT loss, but with the previous weeks, I had just expected more I guess.. What bothered me the most is that the bestie called me a *itch for "complaining" about such a GREAT loss...

She's been doing WW for 6 months now, and has lost about 45lbs.. I just had my 5th WI and I'm 36.6lbs down. I don't know if she's mad/jealous/whatever...

My hubby is doing IP as well, but he had max 60lbs to lose, NOT 200+, so there's a bit of a different experience within our mental frames of mind. He tries to be supportive, but he's flat out admitted he doesn't understand where I'm coming from.

Guess I just needed to be able to vent, I know this isn't making a whole lot of sense. I'm still feeling disappointed... I stayed OP, AND started adding in exercise.. working out 3-4 days a week with a sustained heart rate in the 120's (fat burning zone, not anaerobic zone).. That's why I felt like it *should* have been more.

Thanks for listening!

Kawaii

Kawaii....I know exactly where you are coming from. I was disappointed in 1.8 loss this week. I too work out and that may be why my loss slowed down. Turning fat into muscle. I'd rather have the muscle than fat any day. I know my clothes are fitting better and I know I feel better. I try not to listen to the haters (they are just jealous anyway!) but it is hard. You begin to doubt yourself. My hubby too is trying to lose weight by following a modified IP program. He is doing great, but then again, men always seem to do better at losing weight than women. He has always been supportive of me, but when I don't lose as much weight as I feel I should, he doesn't understand it....that is until about a week ago. He got on the scale and didn't lose a pound! For the first time EVER. Now he knows what it feels like to work hard, stay OP and have the scale be mean to you. Needless to say, he is now more sympathetic to how I feel when the scale doesn't agree with me.

Hang in there, sweetie! You are doing the right thing. It's tough, but we just have to keep trucking on.

claustin
11-07-2013, 11:30 AM

Thanks for listening!

Kawaii

Everyone feels frustrated and upset when the scale doesn't move like we want it to. But remember what lisa always says, Weight loss isn't consistent. You have been having great numbers on the scale but it cant be that high all the time. Sometimes you will only lose 1 lbs and next week it could be 6. Keep your head up. Remember its still going in the right direction :) Also I was told not to exercise till at 80% of my goal. Adding in exercise will slow the weight loss down drastically. But it effects everyone differently. I would rather see the scale go down then inches right now. I'll worry about the inches and toning when I get to my goal weight.

But remember, You stuck to plan, you did everything right, you still lost, and that's all the matters! Its a marathon not a race!! Every number counts in the end. Weather it gets added up by single digits, double digits or 0._ digits, the total in the end will always be the same!! :hug:

wantanewme
11-07-2013, 12:06 PM
Down 2.5 pounds and 4 inches. My cheats probably cost me 3 or 4 pounds but I'm back on trajc now and determined to remain OP

Hunnybunny24
11-07-2013, 12:08 PM
Hi everyone. Started the plan on Sunday and already down 4.5 pounds. Thanks for all the great info and advice on this thread, as well as others. Very motivating.

I'm not too worried about cheating "eating-wise" but it's the drinking that will do me in. Going to San Fran for work in two weeks and we'll be in Napa for the day. Can't pass up wine there! So I won't let it bother me if the weight is slow that week since like others have said, I'm still moving in a good direction. Trying to make it to the 20 pounds by Christmas challenge so I'll try my best and see if I can make it. :)

Jig
11-07-2013, 04:12 PM
Kawaii-Thanks for the support. Of all the things I've been called in my life, "Long Lost Bread Brother" might be my favorite. As far as your friend goes, I've had similar experiences where I've told people I'd like to lose 4-5 lbs a week and less than that is dissapointing, only to have people tell me I'm crazy. Maybe we should tempter expectations a little bit. 1-2 lb losses are still moves in the right direction, though that doesn't mean your friend needs to deliver that message the way she did. I'd say shrug it off, you're doing awesome and this is a positive thing in your life. Don't dwell on the negative.

Wantanewme-Thanks for your support as well. I'm not sure if it will help him or not, but anytime I begin to struggle I think to myself, I've lived a certain way my entire life and look where it got me, overweight, unhealthy and a poor quality of life. I can give myself a few months or a year to make myself healthy and sacrifice things I love. He may not be able to go running, but maybe just taking a walk outside or a light jog or intervals of walking/jogging.

wantanewme
11-07-2013, 09:12 PM
Kawaii-Thanks for the support. Of all the things I've been called in my life, "Long Lost Bread Brother" might be my favorite. As far as your friend goes, I've had similar experiences where I've told people I'd like to lose 4-5 lbs a week and less than that is dissapointing, only to have people tell me I'm crazy. Maybe we should tempter expectations a little bit. 1-2 lb losses are still moves in the right direction, though that doesn't mean your friend needs to deliver that message the way she did. I'd say shrug it off, you're doing awesome and this is a positive thing in your life. Don't dwell on the negative.

Wantanewme-Thanks for your support as well. I'm not sure if it will help him or not, but anytime I begin to struggle I think to myself, I've lived a certain way my entire life and look where it got me, overweight, unhealthy and a poor quality of life. I can give myself a few months or a year to make myself healthy and sacrifice things I love. He may not be able to go running, but maybe just taking a walk outside or a light jog or intervals of walking/jogging.

Thanks Jig.
When my husband started out 6 weeks ago he had 100 pounds to lose. He has lost a third of it already. In trying to make sure he stays on until the end of the year. At that point he should be down about 2/3 and will only have an extra 30. I told him that's when he should go back to running and either do a modified Ip with now healthy fats or something like South Beach that will give him more calories to work with. He's very results oriented and just wants to get there quickly. But of course none of us gained the weight overnight and it's not going to come off that way either. Thanks for your post. I will share your thoughts with him.

Slipfree
11-07-2013, 09:17 PM
Hi everyone,

Good OP day. Tired this week though. One more day until a long weekend.:D

Kawaii, I am sorry that your friend's words hurt you. I look at the weight amount like this: took me a lot of food to put on these pounds, it may take a while for them to go away. Plus, I need time to reset my habits. Too many people gain the pounds back.

Emsmom, way to resist temptation.

Slipfree
11-07-2013, 09:23 PM
Down 2.5 pounds and 4 inches. My cheats probably cost me 3 or 4 pounds but I'm back on trajc now and determined to remain OP

Congrats on the loss and for hopping back on track!

[QUOTE=Hunnybunny24;4878859]Hi everyone. Started the plan on Sunday and already down 4.5 pounds. Thanks for all the great info and advice on this thread, as well as others. Very motivating.

Welcome Hunnybunny, great loss!

emsmom97
11-08-2013, 11:44 AM
Good morning all! Doing the Friday dance today. :carrot:

Hope you all have a wonderful...OP...successful weekend!

f6noob
11-08-2013, 02:18 PM
Hi all - just browsing through this site and found a ton of usefull information. I've been doing IP for 7 weeks now and haven't strayed. I'm more afraid to go off program than anything. I took the information I found here and placed some orders for WF products online (less than half I pay at clinic) and also ordered a bunch of stuff off of Nashua Nutrition. I'm really worried that the foods will knock me off program - but I'm getting a nice warm and fuzzy from all the feedback. To tempt fate I had a quest bar today that falls into a Non Restricted category and it was sooooo much better than the IP bars... Ok - i'm rambling - this is my first post.

Hello again and i'll be on this site for a while....

Cheers :-)

mvngmntns13
11-08-2013, 02:39 PM
Welcome!

I generally try not to use restricted products for fear of greater temptation. I haven't seen much movement on the scale the last two weeks and have stayed on plan. I started incorporating some restricted in and noticed that the scale is slowwwly moving again. Perhaps I wasn't getting enough cals/carbs/protein before so the bod was going into starvation mode because I have been feeling pretty hungry as of late.

Does anyone who limits the use of restricteds ever feel slightly guilty when eating them? I don't know why I am feeling this way when it is clearly helping. I'm finding myself splitting bags and only eating half so I can rationalize it to myself.

wantanewme
11-08-2013, 03:40 PM
Good morning all! Doing the Friday dance today. :carrot:

Hope you all have a wonderful...OP...successful weekend!

Thanks! Same to you!

wantanewme
11-08-2013, 04:10 PM
Welcome!

I generally try not to use restricted products for fear of greater temptation. I haven't seen much movement on the scale the last two weeks and have stayed on plan. I started incorporating some restricted in and noticed that the scale is slowwwly moving again. Perhaps I wasn't getting enough cals/carbs/protein before so the bod was going into starvation mode because I have been feeling pretty hungry as of late.

Does anyone who limits the use of restricteds ever feel slightly guilty when eating them? I don't know why I am feeling this way when it is clearly helping. I'm finding myself splitting bags and only eating half so I can rationalize it to myself.

You should not feel guilty about using restricted products. You are allowed 1 per day. I strongly urge you to eat your restricted each day. It's highly likely that you're not getting enough calories when you skip them and are putting your body into starvation mode, which will keep you from losing the weight. You have to feed your metabolism to see weight loss. On days that I'm very hungry I even add one extra unrestricted packet. It keeps me full and the extra 100 calories usually end up in more weight loss.

wantanewme
11-08-2013, 04:16 PM
Hi all - just browsing through this site and found a ton of usefull information. I've been doing IP for 7 weeks now and haven't strayed. I'm more afraid to go off program than anything. I took the information I found here and placed some orders for WF products online (less than half I pay at clinic) and also ordered a bunch of stuff off of Nashua Nutrition. I'm really worried that the foods will knock me off program - but I'm getting a nice warm and fuzzy from all the feedback. To tempt fate I had a quest bar today that falls into a Non Restricted category and it was sooooo much better than the IP bars... Ok - i'm rambling - this is my first post.

Hello again and i'll be on this site for a while....

Cheers :-)

Hey! Welcome!
Let us know how those products work for you.
Good luck :)

yespositively
11-08-2013, 04:24 PM
You should not feel guilty about using restricted products. You are allowed 1 per day. I strongly urge you to eat your restricted each day. It's highly likely that you're not getting enough calories when you skip them and are putting your body into starvation mode, which will keep you from losing the weight. You have to feed your metabolism to see weight loss. On days that I'm very hungry I even add one extra unrestricted packet. It keeps me full and the extra 100 calories usually end up in more weight loss.

It's okay to just eat 3 unrestricted packets and totally skip the restricted packet, right? I'm finding that the packets I prefer are generally unrestricted.

That would be different than skipping your third IP packet all together, which I agree would be a bad thing.

wantanewme
11-08-2013, 04:37 PM
It's okay to just eat 3 unrestricted packets and totally skip the restricted packet, right? I'm finding that the packets I prefer are generally unrestricted.

That would be different than skipping your third IP packet all together, which I agree would be a bad thing.

I'm really not sure about that. I think that might be too few calories and might be counterproductive. I know for me that's too little and I'd be very hungry. I always have 2 unrestricteds ( on rare occasions 3) and 1 restricted every day.

mvngmntns13
11-08-2013, 06:05 PM
I have been doing my 3 packets but all unrestricted. I think y'all are spot on though- definitely need the extra calories and I need to not mentally psych myself out bc it is OK and still OP!

yespositively
11-08-2013, 06:25 PM
I'm really not sure about that. I think that might be too few calories and might be counterproductive. I know for me that's too little and I'd be very hungry. I always have 2 unrestricteds ( on rare occasions 3) and 1 restricted every day.

I'll have to check with my coach. I didn't think there was a requirement to have a restricted item daily.

emsmom97
11-08-2013, 06:37 PM
Welcome!

While we are allowed one restricted per day, I have been eating 100% unrestricted lately. The only thing I did was add a bit of my protein to my lunch since I work out most days. I need the extra protein and it helps me from being so hungry come 3 or 4 pm.

wantanewme
11-08-2013, 08:44 PM
While we are allowed one restricted per day, I have been eating 100% unrestricted lately. The only thing I did was add a bit of my protein to my lunch since I work out most days. I need the extra protein and it helps me from being so hungry come 3 or 4 pm.

That sounds like a good compromise to me. A bit of extra calories and protein without the carbs of a restricted.

Slipfree
11-08-2013, 08:53 PM
Hi everyone!

Welcome F6noob!

I eat my restricted everyday. I look forward to it.

The best part of this plan is that I am cooking dinner every day. Made pork tenderloin and sauerkraut tonight. It was filling.

Hey Jig, be careful of the cookbook. I saw some recipes with prosciutto in them. Asked at my clinic today, not approved. Kind of ticked me off.

Claustin, how are you?

Emsmom, happy OP weekend to you too!

Good news, the refi was approved! Can not wait for it to be done. Learned something during the process though, I had terrible insurance. Had been with them for 12 yrs. and I was being gauged! Got better coverage for half the cost.

Sally4397
11-08-2013, 09:26 PM
Hey everyone! Happy Friday! Any big palms for the weekend? I've got a girls night tomorrow, which I'm already planning my drinks and snacks for. I lost another 2 lbs today, so good motivation to keep on plan! Working towards that 20 by Christmas challenge!

Congrats to everyone on all the great losses, NSVs and OP days! What great motivation to come here and keep up with you all!

claustin
11-08-2013, 09:59 PM
Hi everyone!

Claustin, how are you?

Hello my friend! I am doing excellent!! In such a great mood today, feel on top of the world :queen: Its great! lol

I have so much energy! Its crazy! I woke up and decided today was a great day to gut my house. I got all 2500 sq ft cleaned (including cupboards, drawers, toy room, closets) Got 4-5 bags for the thrift store and 3 bags of garbage! Its been a very productive day!

It started out with me feeling "smaller" when I woke up so I got on the scale and I am so happy with my numbers!! (but I am waiting till Monday to update) The only thing, is that I haven't been hungry. Last night I could only eat 3 of my 6oz Chicken breast, and today I had to force myself to have lunch! Not sure what's going on but I'm ok with not being hungry or feeling the need to stuff my face all day.

Anyway, Enough rambling.

How was your day? How was everyone's day? Hope you all had a fantastic Friday! :cb:

wantanewme
11-08-2013, 11:12 PM
sally,
i'm doing the 20 by Christmas thing too! I think it's really cool that we are going to be losing weight during the holidays (fingers crossed) when most everyone else is gaining!

claustin,
sounds like a great day. i love organizing. it always put me in a good mood!! good job with your weight loss. can't wait to see an update on monday.

have a great friday night everyone!

f6noob
11-09-2013, 10:20 AM
Hi everyone!

Welcome F6noob!

Hey Jig, be careful of the cookbook. I saw some recipes with prosciutto in them. Asked at my clinic today, not approved. Kind of ticked me off.

hi - thanks - my coach said prosciutto was ok if it was cooked - if you use it to wrap around something - or layer and cook it.

I'll verify.

Thanks.

LUCCILOVE
11-09-2013, 10:25 AM
Slipfree-

My clinic let me take home a cookbook to check it out and within in the first 14 pages of the book they were cooking with stuff that I was told we could not use like - prosciutto, low sodium chicken broth, deli meats, sausages etc. I am so annoyed because on the front cover it says for Phases 1 & 2.

My clinic didnt even know the non-approved items were in the book. I am confused by this. Why would they do that?

Slipfree
11-09-2013, 10:39 AM
hi - thanks - my coach said prosciutto was ok if it was cooked - if you use it to wrap around something - or layer and cook it.

I'll verify.

Thanks.

Thanks for the info. The owner of my clinic said "No!" She said it was a processed meat. Only lean, low sodium lunch meats allowed. I was frustrated because they sell a cookbook with recipes that include it. Would have been off program if I had made them.

It seems like lots of different information is given out by coaches and IP.

Trying hard to eat clean and stay OP. Used my new food processor to make turnip slices, in hopes of turnip chips. Think I have to cook them on parchment, since the stuck to the cookie sheet.

LUCCILOVE
11-09-2013, 10:43 AM
HAHAHA I did the same thing except with zucchini chips. I sliced them so thin they baked into my non-stop mats!!! I had to throw out 2 of them.

My clinic does not sell Walden Farm products and some of my grocery stores sell the basics but does anyone recommend a website so I can try other walden farm products. Lot that sell them have VERY bad reviews and bad ratings on BBB.org

Thanks in advance!!!

IdealProteinNewbie
11-09-2013, 10:48 AM
luccilove: Netrition.com is awesome...low prices on WF dressings and $4.95 flat rate shipping!

Slipfree
11-09-2013, 10:49 AM
Slipfree-

My clinic let me take home a cookbook to check it out and within in the first 14 pages of the book they were cooking with stuff that I was told we could not use like - prosciutto, low sodium chicken broth, deli meats, sausages etc. I am so annoyed because on the front cover it says for Phases 1 & 2.

My clinic didnt even know the non-approved items were in the book. I am confused by this. Why would they do that?

I know! The book will be helpful after phase 1 & 2, but poor little Newbies like us
could get messed up without even knowing it. Just wanted all of us to read carefully.

Luccilove- How has your week been? This one was tougher for me. I was really tired again and it seemed like a long week at school.

LUCCILOVE
11-09-2013, 10:49 AM
Another question for people who started in October.

This week my mouth has been feeling weird-almost like a reaction to something I am eating. I went to my dentist and ENT. They both think it could be a reaction to the diet - I am not use to eating salt and vinegar prior to being on IP.

My tongue was sore, has white stuff on it (it is not yeast) sort of trouble swallowing, and seems like a dry mouth but I have saliva. ENT gave me a cortision shot and stuff to put on my tongue. I also have little fissulares on my tongue (grooves), no bad breath and I have been drinking all my water.

Dentist said it could be a virus or reaction to eating alot of pickles and salt
ENT said could be stress or body adjusting to the diet

Wondering if anyone else had any issues like this and did it go away? I am not eating pickles for a week to see if that helps. I was eating at least .5-1cup for lunch and sometimes dinner almost everyday

Then I am wondering if I am allergic to stuff in the IP products - soy, whey?

Slipfree
11-09-2013, 10:59 AM
Hey everyone! Happy Friday! Any big palms for the weekend? I've got a girls night tomorrow, which I'm already planning my drinks and snacks for. I lost another 2 lbs today, so good motivation to keep on plan! Working towards that 20 by Christmas challenge!

Congrats to everyone on all the great losses, NSVs and OP days! What great motivation to come here and keep up with you all!

Sally, I have a Girl's Night book Club this week. I just bring my own food. I told the girls last month that I was doing this plan. They were really supportive. I find that if I pick up a decafe coffee on the way there, the urge to partake in the vino is squashed because I do not have to deal with the drink area. I also let them know that I am out of the hosting rotation until I am done. I know that after all the hosting work, I would be grumpy about no wine.

Slipfree
11-09-2013, 11:15 AM
Another question for people who started in October.

This week my mouth has been feeling weird-almost like a reaction to something I am eating. I went to my dentist and ENT. They both think it could be a reaction to the diet - I am not use to eating salt and vinegar prior to being on IP.

My tongue was sore, has white stuff on it (it is not yeast) sort of trouble swallowing, and seems like a dry mouth but I have saliva. ENT gave me a cortision shot and stuff to put on my tongue. I also have little fissulares on my tongue (grooves), no bad breath and I have been drinking all my water.

Dentist said it could be a virus or reaction to eating alot of pickles and salt
ENT said could be stress or body adjusting to the diet

Wondering if anyone else had any issues like this and did it go away? I am not eating pickles for a week to see if that helps. I was eating at least .5-1cup for lunch and sometimes dinner almost everyday

Then I am wondering if I am allergic to stuff in the IP products - soy, whey?

Oh no! Poor you :( I am glad that you checked with the doctor. My mouth is definitely more dry. I am thirsty enough to drink 24 oz of water after each IP packet. Never drank water before this program.

I love the pickles too, but have learned only to have them a couple of times a week. The sodium makes me retain water, I cut them out 3 days before my weigh in. What are you using the vinegar on?

You should post this comment on the weekend chat or 100 % thread. They have experienced allergies to the IP foods.

LUCCILOVE
11-09-2013, 11:16 AM
I know! The book will be helpful after phase 1 & 2, but poor little Newbies like us
could get messed up without even knowing it. Just wanted all of us to read carefully.

Luccilove- How has your week been? This one was tougher for me. I was really tired again and it seemed like a long week at school.

Slipfree-WI is Monday. I think I lost weight but I have my TOM so it throws me off. I always feel like I gained all my weight back when I am having TOM. It is annoying. I am down 17lbs total and started Oct 7th. I have a little more energy to do errands. I am not working out - I guess I should be but I am lazy-Are you working out yet? Can you tell you or see you lost weight? It is hard for me to see if I lost weight but my husband and coach said that they can tell. The real test will be when I go to Boston to visit the family for Thanksgiving.

I am starting to try new restaurants cause I am really sick of cooking. So far Korean and a Sushi/Hibatchi place work for me. They make sushi with out rice and it is wrapped in cucumber-inside is salmon, tuna, and shrimp. It is perfect. Hitbatchi I tell them no butter, only some oil and instead of noodles and rice they give me extra veggies. I got steak and chicken. For some reason I am afraid to go to "American" restaurants - dont know why - it is in my head.

Slipfree
11-09-2013, 11:38 AM
My weight loss is noticeable because I have lost 11 inches from my waist. I am back to an hourglass figure. The coach said that was an indicator of my high carb diet. I told her my calories consisted pretty much of liquids DD coffee reg. and coke. I hardly ate any protein and never ate breakfast or lunch.

Lots of people have been commenting at work. Kind of wish they wouldn't because I have a long way to go. Makes me feel uncomfortable: torn between I must have looked terrible before and I have so much further to go. I really have to work to change the negative reaction to their noticing -to: they are being supportive and it means my hard work is paying off.

LUCCILOVE
11-09-2013, 11:41 AM
Slipfree - totally understand when people say you look good or better or they can tell u lost weight - means I really was that bad before - which I was. We are the same weight and so I think - I am no where near where I need to be so stop telling me stuff. I also wear very big clothes so you cant tell if I lost weight or not - which is bad.

I just like food and ate. I dont drink coffee only water and ice tea.

jemma51
11-09-2013, 01:00 PM
HAHAHA I did the same thing except with zucchini chips. I sliced them so thin they baked into my non-stop mats!!! I had to throw out 2 of them.

My clinic does not sell Walden Farm products and some of my grocery stores sell the basics but does anyone recommend a website so I can try other walden farm products. Lot that sell them have VERY bad reviews and bad ratings on BBB.org

Thanks in advance!!!

I tried the WF Caesar or it could have been blue cheese. It was so disgusting. I immediately tossed it in the trash. It tasted like chemicals. I was angry that I spent so much money on something and had to toss it. I want to try the Thousand Island because I like " Big Mac in a bowl". I've just been putting a little salsa on it instead.

jemma51
11-09-2013, 01:03 PM
My weight loss is noticeable because I have lost 11 inches from my waist. I am back to an hourglass figure. The coach said that was an indicator of my high carb diet. I told her my calories consisted pretty much of liquids DD coffee reg. and coke. I hardly ate any protein and never ate breakfast or lunch.

Lots of people have been commenting at work. Kind of wish they wouldn't because I have a long way to go. Makes me feel uncomfortable: torn between I must have looked terrible before and I have so much further to go. I really have to work to change the negative reaction to their noticing -to: they are being supportive and it means my hard work is paying off.

It feels good when someone notices and compliments you though, right. I'm not losing enough inches for anyone to notice except for my friend at work who is my diet buddy. My bf hasn't said a word.

lisa32989
11-09-2013, 01:08 PM
The flip-side of people noticing would be nobody noticing, which is what happened to me until I lost over 50 lbs. THAT was super frustrating!

ForEVER all I got was: have you changed your hair?

No! I lost 50+ lbs!!!
That isn't a problem now but geez!

jemma51
11-09-2013, 01:09 PM
My friend at work started doing IP with alternatives after asking me what I was doing to lose. We always discuss our diets. Anyway, I'm staying 100% OP she is not. She is losing just as fast as I am. We eat lunch together and she always has things to eat that are not OP. I said something and her remark " I know but it's just a little bit". it's frustrating because if I weren't 100% OP I wouldn't lose

stephascope
11-09-2013, 01:12 PM
My friend at work started doing IP with alternatives after asking me what I was doing to lose. We always discuss our diets. Anyway, I'm staying 100% OP she is not. She is losing just as fast as I am. We eat lunch together and she always has things to eat that are not OP. I said something and her remark " I know but it's just a little bit". it's frustrating because if I weren't 100% OP I wouldn't lose

That is the worst! The women I work with eat junk all day long and manage to stay slim. We've had crave cupcakes, homemade cookies/cakes, donuts, Halloween candy, pizza, and New York Fries come into the office over the past couple of weeks. It's been ****. I have still managed to stay 100% OP but feel so grumpy some days!

jemma51
11-09-2013, 01:19 PM
That is the worst! The women I work with eat junk all day long and manage to stay slim. We've had crave cupcakes, homemade cookies/cakes, donuts, Halloween candy, pizza, and New York Fries come into the office over the past couple of weeks. It's been ****. I have still managed to stay 100% OP but feel so grumpy some days!

We all eat at the same time and I sit in amazement at what they all eat and stay thin. I work in the cafeteria at the high school. So, we get a free meal each day. Most of them snack all day on the goodies, brownies, biscuits and gravy, and huge soft pretzels dipped in a melted jalapeno cheese.

mvngmntns13
11-09-2013, 02:01 PM
Oh man! Can't tell you how jealous I am of folks with good genes!! I will say though, as frustrating as it can be, there is no substitute for feeling great internally even if the external isn't quite where it should be.

Question-- how many grams of protein should the non-IP meal have? I have heard mixed things-- 17-20g or 40ish grams. Thanks in advance!

stephascope
11-09-2013, 02:36 PM
We all eat at the same time and I sit in amazement at what they all eat and stay thin. I work in the cafeteria at the high school. So, we get a free meal each day. Most of them snack all day on the goodies, brownies, biscuits and gravy, and huge soft pretzels dipped in a melted jalapeno cheese.

Omg Jemma it must be excrutiating to work around food all day long! You must have a strong will!

Slipfree
11-09-2013, 09:59 PM
Hi everyone,

Fun day today, shopping with Mom. Bought the cutest 9 West winter coat for $40.00, size 14 and it has a belt! We went out to dinner too. I am getting good at dinner out. I modified their dinner to tuna seared with bok choy clean. Asked for plain soy sauce and some wasabi. They brought a sauce with soy and wasabi. I asked- Does this have sugar in it? He went to check and said it had lots of corn syrup. Asked me if I was diabetic, I just said -I can not have sugar. He went to get me plain soy sauce. :D

I hope that all of you had a great Sat. too!

Jig
11-09-2013, 10:21 PM
Thanks fore the heads up about prosciutto Slipfree! I'll keep that in mind.

Donated another three pounds to my clinic this week. Seem to be developing a pattern on small loses then big ones and back to small. So I'm hoping for another big loss this coming week. My doctor have me the ok to start exercising this week. I have an elliptical so she recommended 20-30 minutes on a low resistance/low intensity setting. Said a good rule of thumb for exercising while on the IP diet is that while exercising you should be able to speak in full sentences without running out of breath. Good luck this week everyone!

airportchick11
11-09-2013, 10:30 PM
Thanks fore the heads up about prosciutto Slipfree! I'll keep that in mind.

Donated another three pounds to my clinic this week. Seem to be developing a pattern on small loses then big ones and back to small. So I'm hoping for another big loss this coming week. My doctor have me the ok to start exercising this week. I have an elliptical so she recommended 20-30 minutes on a low resistance/low intensity setting. Said a good rule of thumb for exercising while on the IP diet is that while exercising you should be able to speak in full sentences without running out of breath. Good luck this week everyone!

Congrats Jig...great donation!!

airportchick11
11-09-2013, 10:37 PM
Soooo, still dealing with the hubby in the hospital. He got released and within 24hrs, we were back. It's really starting to wear on me and I am wanting to stay strong on this program. The hospital choices are definitely not the greatest so me staying prepared is key. I did get out and go to dinner last night with my step-son. We had Mexican since it's the easiest for me to do. I did eat 3 tortilla chips...my first slip on this program. I was really bummed that I did it but they were really stinking good! I really don't want to be that person that "gets away with it" and then continues to sneak in bites of this and that. I guess I'm just confessing. Feeling a bit down and it's just really hard (but not impossible) to stay OP. I just want life to get back to normal...NOW..lol

Have a great rest of the weekend everyone!!

Jig
11-09-2013, 11:06 PM
Airportchick11. I'm sorry to hear about your husband and your situation. don't get too down on yourself about the slip, it happens. Stay focused on the positive! It's only when we face our biggest challenges that we have our greatest triumphs!

On a good NSV note. I shimmied my sexy a$$ into a pair of size 42 jeans that have been sitting unworn in my closet for several years. Move over Brett Farve and Dale Earnhardt Jr. There's a new jean model gunning for your jobs.

LUCCILOVE
11-09-2013, 11:28 PM
Congrats JIG - that is great!!!!

Slipfree-Nice job on the coat and dinner. Glad u had fun with your mom

Airportchick11-Sorry to hear about your hubby. You are human and stressed out - I would have eaten alot worse then what you did. Remember to breathe when you have a chance. We are here for you!

Slipfree
11-09-2013, 11:29 PM
Airportchick- So sorry to hear that your husband is still in the hospital.Can't even imagine what you are going through. I had a slip too. Bought no carb, low fat hotdogs as a quick dinner- oops, not allowed! :( Bummed me out too, but I learned a lesson. Check the list first. Do not beat yourself up over three chips, learn and move on. Sending you a hug and prayers for your husband to improve.

Jig, you made me laugh out loud for real. Congrats on your NSV and your WI loss. :woohoo:

LUCCILOVE
11-09-2013, 11:31 PM
So Thanksgiving will be my first big trip on the IP. Going to visit the folks and I am a little nervous about staying on the plan.
I plan on bringing my stuff with me on the plane - does anyone have any tips when it comes to traveling.
I will be there for about 11 days. My family LOVES to eat out for almost every meal UGH?

I have already decided that for Thanksgiving Day I will cheat if there is something I want to eat but we will see. I am ok with this if it happens.

Slipfree
11-09-2013, 11:54 PM
Luccilove, where do your parents live? Are you flying? Lots of people bring their packets and bars with them. Eating out is not that tough, I just say that I have a very restricted diet. People have been very accommodating. I try to choose restaurants with steak, fish or seafood. I ask for the protein and the veggies as clean as possible (only olive oil) I don't mind lemon on my salad but WF also sells travel packages of dressing. You can even have fajitas minus the onions.

Will your family be supportive? Some of mine are, some aren't-but I really don't care, this time my health comes first. I really do not love Thanksgiving food. So it will not be hard to stay OP. I do miss pumpkin beer though!!

I told my Mom today- 6 months then I can have a glass of wine- it will be there.

LUCCILOVE
11-10-2013, 12:03 AM
We are flying. I live in VA outside of DC and the folks live North of Boston. I love my seafood and clam chowder! ;)

They say they are supportive but we will see. I think my mom will be bummed that we can only go out for 1 meal a day. We will see. They want me to lose weight-my whole family is overweight except my hubby who is a stick!

I do have the WF dressing packets I am taking with me. I love Thanksgiving food-one of my favorites. I dont drink wine, beer, or soda (do not like any carbonated drinks) so I am a big foodie. I only drink water or ice tea-sometimes ice coffee but that is rare.

I agree with you doesnt matter if they support me or not. I am getting old and I want my health back. I have been overweight my whole life! It is annoying already!

Wahoofan
11-10-2013, 08:12 AM
LUCCILOVE - Have you considered shifting to phase 2 while you are traveling? You could eat out two meals a day and stay in ketosis. Your total calories would be higher but at least you would still be loosing and could enjoy more meals out with your family.

LUCCILOVE
11-10-2013, 08:14 AM
Wahoofan-great idea. never thought about that. I will ask my coach on Monday. Where are you from in Boston? Just curious.

Thanks

airportchick11
11-10-2013, 09:29 AM
Thanks for all the kind words! Guess I'm feeling a bit worn down. I will be back to my normal crazy self soon!

Congrats on the jeans jig! That always feels good!

Misskay77
11-10-2013, 01:38 PM
I started IP for the first time on November 4 but I really like all the info, support, and advice in this October group; do y'all mind if I join in? Here's some background on me - I'm a 36 year old wife, mom, and IT professional, and I'm desperate to get rid of the baby weight and the additional 20 lbs I've been trying to lose for 7 years. I had my first baby 4 1/2 months ago and am 15 lbs from my prepreg weight, and 35 from goal. So far I'm loving Ideal Protein but am confused about a few things. I go to a weight loss center that offers several programs and is backed by an MD's clinic but is staffed by a nurse practitioner and a couple of dietician/nutrition-type ladies. I went once for my consultation and sign-up, and got the beginner's box of IP products. I had a long meeting with the practitioner and she gave me a lot of info and literature, but after reading on this site and others, I am learning about restricted/non-restricted products, the importance of the oil serving every day, and that avoiding exercise may actually be a good thing. She did not tell me any of this, only that exercise isn't necessary on the plan. Also, my first box of IP meals did not contain any restricted items I have seen mentioned, so they haven't been an issue but I'm still curious. Anyhoo, from my weight at home Monday morning thru Thursday, I was down 5 lbs (yaaay!). Then on Saturday morning, I was up a lb. And this morning, I was up another lb!!! I have followed the plan perfectly with absolutely NO cheats at all, and no real exercise except walking the dog for 20-30 minutes each night (not real exercise, just strolling). However, I did start taking a penicillin antibiotic due to a wound on my hand, and I also had TOM start on Friday. I know TOM should explain the gain, but since I'm only 4 months out from having a baby and have just recently started taking a new BC pill, my TOM is irregular and I have no idea if I'm really retaining water or not. SOOO, since I've stopped the antibiotic and my TOM is in full swing, I hope this gain will drop off soon. I go back to the center to weigh in and buy more meals tomorrow, so I'm going to ask more questions then. Also, do y'all use Walden Farms products freely? Or are they limited/restricted? The lady didn't tell me about those either... Thanks for reading; I hope it's ok if I participate!!

Slipfree
11-10-2013, 01:55 PM
Miss Kay, Of course you are welcome here.

Check out the website for Weight No Longer (my clinic). Push the place an order button to see the list. Great before and after pictures on the site too. They have all the products listed, if the item is restricted to once a day there is an R next to it. Bars, soy puffs, wafer cookies, chips (except for garlic chips) are all R.

Be careful, IP has an effect on fertility. I hope your coach told you that it can effect bc and to use back up. TOM can make the scale swing. Just follow the program, it works.

Use WF within reason. My coach did not give me any guidelines but moderation is the key.

Be sure to drink your water and to measure portions. Welcome, you can do this!

iwannabe140
11-10-2013, 02:09 PM
WOOT! Got my ticker! So motivating!

Skini mini
11-10-2013, 02:51 PM
I joined the IP 20 lbs. by Christmas challenge and had my first weigh in today and was down 4.5! Go me! I'm really feeling like I can achieve 20 by Christmas!

Slipfree
11-10-2013, 03:43 PM
I joined the IP 20 lbs. by Christmas challenge and had my first weigh in today and was down 4.5! Go me! I'm really feeling like I can achieve 20 by Christmas!

Congratulation!

jemma51
11-10-2013, 03:53 PM
I joined the IP 20 lbs. by Christmas challenge and had my first weigh in today and was down 4.5! Go me! I'm really feeling like I can achieve 20 by Christmas!by week.

That's great. :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

I joined too. Down 3.8 this week. I am kinda worried about being able to lose that much weight by then. Seems almost impossible to me but, I'm giving it a go.

claustin
11-10-2013, 05:25 PM
WOOT! Got my ticker! So motivating!

hahaha awww the little things in life hey? haha So exciting! And if you go to tickerfactory.com you can get different ones but the ones on here are easier to update. Congrats :)

claustin
11-10-2013, 05:31 PM
OK Fellow IP'ers. I am in a rut. Already. Or something is happening. I am not hungry after breakfast. I HAVE to force myself to eat. And everything I eat is so bland and blah that I only end up eating half of it. 2 nights ago I had a 6oz chicken breast and only managed to eat 3oz. Yesterday for lunch I had another Hot Choc. drink (I have one for breakfast every morning) and couldn't eat anything else. About 2 hours later I forced myself to eat 2c Cauliflower but it took me a while to eat it all. Then Last night I had pork tenderloin strips with roasted asparagus/broccoli and ate less then half. I wake up sickly hungry but after I have my drink I don't get hungry anymore. Maybe I need to shake up my food? Maybe my brain/body is bored with the same old foods day in day out?? But I am so picky I don't like many other foods then the ones I eat already. My foods contain: Broccoli, Cauliflower, Asparagus, Cucumber, Dill Pickles, Mt. Olives Bread and Butter Pickles (sugar free), Lettuce, and I only like shell fish (Shrimp, crab, lobster), chicken, pork. I don't like wild or red meat (except ground beef)

I guess my question is why am I not hungry anymore and if its because I'm bored with food, what are some of your favorite meals?

Sorry its so long, But thank you for listening and I'm looking forward to your opinions/recipes.

Skini mini
11-10-2013, 05:33 PM
Thanks Slipfree and Jemma! It feels good to be losing.
Jemma you will be amazed at how quickly you can lose 20 lbs. on this plan.
I was on it in 2012 and lost 20 in less than a month. And to boot I'm hypothyroid and over 50! Sadly I quit the program and gained it back. I would like to lose about 50 total and am determined to see it through this time.

Skini mini
11-10-2013, 05:43 PM
Claustin, Once you are firmly in ketosis you will find that you are not hungry. That began happening for me yesterday. Normally I'm a carbaholic and could eat them all day long. But on this plan once I've been on it for a week or so my appetite subsides. Which for me is a miracle! :) Check out some of Rainbows recipes she has a lot of good ones. I tend to stick with the same foods a lot too. I eat my veggies raw, lots of peppers, tomatoes, spinach, jicama, cucumber, celery. I make A green monster smoothie in the AM and that gets me at least a cup of spinach in. If you like ground beef or gr. turkey what about making a taco salad? I use romaine for that. Veggies and meat in one happy dish! I'm sure others will have lots of good ideas for you.

claustin
11-10-2013, 05:54 PM
I am a "carbaholic" as well. Live on Spaghetti and rice and breads lol Its been hard saying good by to them. But I feel so much healthier when I don't eat them. So much more energy.

I love making "Lettuce Taco's" with my gr. beef. or make lettuce wraps (I put my meat, some mustard, slice cucumber, and slice dill pickle and roll it up) its crunch and feels like Im having a sandwich without the bread lol. But its filling and delicious. I don't like any of the other drink mixes besides the choc. one and I only like that one warm so I don't know how blended spinach would do in a warm hot choc. hahaha I did try the Big Mac in a Bowl the other day and loved it but there is only so much gr. meat and lettuce I can eat. I have looked down thru a lot of her recipes and haven't seen much that entice me. But I'll have to keep looking I guess.

And I did not realize being in Ketosis can affect your hunger?!? neat! I have been showing moderate-large for the past 3-4 mornings. But this past spring when I did this diet I was always in Ketosis for the whole 5 weeks and didn't experience this "not hungry" feeling. I even opened a pack of S&V Ridges to see if I could eat them and I had 1-2 pieces and had to put them back. Its weird. I'm not complaining but I am worried that my body will go into starvation mode and stop loosing weight.

stephascope
11-10-2013, 06:01 PM
I am a "carbaholic" as well. Live on Spaghetti and rice and breads lol Its been hard saying good by to them. But I feel so much healthier when I don't eat them. So much more energy.

I love making "Lettuce Taco's" with my gr. beef. or make lettuce wraps (I put my meat, some mustard, slice cucumber, and slice dill pickle and roll it up) its crunch and feels like Im having a sandwich without the bread lol. But its filling and delicious. I don't like any of the other drink mixes besides the choc. one and I only like that one warm so I don't know how blended spinach would do in a warm hot choc. hahaha I did try the Big Mac in a Bowl the other day and loved it but there is only so much gr. meat and lettuce I can eat. I have looked down thru a lot of her recipes and haven't seen much that entice me. But I'll have to keep looking I guess.

And I did not realize being in Ketosis can affect your hunger?!? neat! I have been showing moderate-large for the past 3-4 mornings. But this past spring when I did this diet I was always in Ketosis for the whole 5 weeks and didn't experience this "not hungry" feeling. I even opened a pack of S&V Ridges to see if I could eat them and I had 1-2 pieces and had to put them back. Its weird. I'm not complaining but I am worried that my body will go into starvation mode and stop loosing weight.

Wow, I wish I could say I wasn't hungry like you! I still get really hungry, especially around 3-4pm. Do you like Franks Red Hot Sauce? I make lettuce wraps with ground chicken, green peppers, hot sauce, and a bit of WF Ranch dressing. They are really good! Have you tried mashed cauliflower yet? I have been making it in my Magic Bullet and it is so good. Really creamy and good to dip your meat in. I love Indian food and made a huge batch of aloo ghobi (minus the aloo - potatoes and onions) and it is soo tastey with all the lovely spices. Let me know if you want the recipe! I am trying all sorts of veggie recipes because I can really get burnt out with eating the same things every day.

Skini mini
11-10-2013, 06:02 PM
I'm not a big meat lover so getting in all the protein is hard for me. I have started having half at lunch and other half at dinner. Makes it tolerable!
Do you like egg salad or deviled eggs? I make those with the Walden Farms mayo. The green smoothie is easy; just take a chocolate drink mix add water and ice and spinach and whip it up in the blender. Sometimes I add coffee and it tastes like a Frappecino! (I miss my Starbucks!) . I need to get more creative and try different things too.

kelseys928
11-10-2013, 06:28 PM
OK Fellow IP'ers. I am in a rut. Already. Or something is happening. I am not hungry after breakfast. I HAVE to force myself to eat. And everything I eat is so bland and blah that I only end up eating half of it. 2 nights ago I had a 6oz chicken breast and only managed to eat 3oz. Yesterday for lunch I had another Hot Choc. drink (I have one for breakfast every morning) and couldn't eat anything else. About 2 hours later I forced myself to eat 2c Cauliflower but it took me a while to eat it all. Then Last night I had pork tenderloin strips with roasted asparagus/broccoli and ate less then half. I wake up sickly hungry but after I have my drink I don't get hungry anymore. Maybe I need to shake up my food? Maybe my brain/body is bored with the same old foods day in day out?? But I am so picky I don't like many other foods then the ones I eat already. My foods contain: Broccoli, Cauliflower, Asparagus, Cucumber, Dill Pickles, Mt. Olives Bread and Butter Pickles (sugar free), Lettuce, and I only like shell fish (Shrimp, crab, lobster), chicken, pork. I don't like wild or red meat (except ground beef)

I guess my question is why am I not hungry anymore and if its because I'm bored with food, what are some of your favorite meals?

Sorry its so long, But thank you for listening and I'm looking forward to your opinions/recipes.

you said you like rice, have you tried cauliflower rice? I cook some of that then put my chicken in it and get all my protein and veggie servings in one sitting! its delicious i have it basically everyday

claustin
11-10-2013, 06:39 PM
I don't like spicy foods. I am plain jane eater. I eat my spaghetti plain lol I haven't tried anything with my cauliflower besides steamed. I'll have to go look for some recipes :)

claustin
11-10-2013, 06:40 PM
Thank you all for your input and advice! I'm on the hunt for more ideas :)

Roni Lee
11-10-2013, 06:45 PM
I have been buying brocilli slaw. I use thisnfornthe basis of everything. I warm it up a little bit then put ehatever protein i want on it. Sometimes add salsa or the wf thousand is,and dressing or just a variety of spices lots of lemon oil and apple cider vinegar. Quick and easy

airportchick11
11-10-2013, 08:30 PM
I'm not a big meat lover so getting in all the protein is hard for me. I have started having half at lunch and other half at dinner. Makes it tolerable!
Do you like egg salad or deviled eggs? I make those with the Walden Farms mayo. The green smoothie is easy; just take a chocolate drink mix add water and ice and spinach and whip it up in the blender. Sometimes I add coffee and it tastes like a Frappecino! (I miss my Starbucks!) . I need to get more creative and try different things too.

Love love love the spinach smoothie, however, I like it wayyyyy better with the pre made mango. :)

Wahoofan
11-10-2013, 09:22 PM
LUCCILOVE - Sorry for the delay. I spent the day shopping with my sister.

I live in Somerville and work downtown.

tingstar
11-10-2013, 09:52 PM
Hello All,
I just wanted to report my weight loss in week one: -5.4 pounds (188.2 - 182.8). I'm well pleased, and looking forward to some losses this coming week too.

Checking in on this boards kept me on the straight and narrow. There were a couple of frenetic days with deadlines at work, back problems, and all the things that go on when you buy a house. It could have been a week of derailing and excuses, but I made it. Nope, I did not drink....not one drop. I like my glass of wine at night, and have been missing it. I made 'mock'tails with flavored sparkling water.

At the end of week one, I can say right now, I'm not missing my carb-centric prior life style much. I can tell that my insulin levels are stabilized and I'm not swinging back and forth between stuffed and then ninety minutes later being ravenous. That feeling stopped when I went gluten-free three months ago. If anything this diet has made me realize that even my gluten-free diet had too much sugar in it. I was feasting on fruits (bananas -- yum!) and eating things like buckwheat, potatoes, etc. In maintenance I'll have to make these foods 'sometimes' foods. It will be interesting what I find as replacements (I'm already on to the mashed and riced cauliflower).

Yes, I've lost weight, but I'm still in the phase of 'this could be a fluke'. Do any of you have a number on the scale that convinces you the weight loss isn't a fluke? I think when I reach 172, I'll realize this weight loss is real.

Today, I also went to an international jewelry show. I purchased an amber ring and made a promise to myself that I wouldn't wear it until I hit the 10 pound weight loss mark. I've got 4.6 more pounds to go until I can wear it! I could make it in week two. Stay tuned.

Have a great evening all!
Ting

stephascope
11-10-2013, 09:56 PM
Hello All,
I just wanted to report my weight loss in week one: -5.4 pounds (188.2 - 182.8). I'm well pleased, and looking forward to some losses this coming week too.

Checking in on this boards kept me on the straight and narrow. There were a couple of frenetic days with deadlines at work, back problems, and all the things that go on when you buy a house. It could have been a week of derailing and excuses, but I made it. Nope, I did not drink....not one drop. I like my glass of wine at night, and have been missing it. I made 'mock'tails with flavored sparkling water.

At the end of week one, I can say right now, I'm not missing my carb-centric prior life style much. I can tell that my insulin levels are stabilized and I'm not swinging back and forth between stuffed and then ninety minutes later being ravenous. That feeling stopped when I went gluten-free three months ago. If anything this diet has made me realize that even my gluten-free diet had too much sugar in it. I was feasting on fruits (bananas -- yum!) and eating things like buckwheat, potatoes, etc. In maintenance I'll have to make these foods 'sometimes' foods. It will be interesting what I find as replacements (I'm already on to the mashed and riced cauliflower).

Yes, I've lost weight, but I'm still in the phase of 'this could be a fluke'. Do any of you have a number on the scale that convinces you the weight loss isn't a fluke? I think when I reach 172, I'll realize this weight loss is real.

Today, I also went to an international jewelry show. I purchased an amber ring and made a promise to myself that I wouldn't wear it until I hit the 10 pound weight loss mark. I've got 4.6 more pounds to go until I can wear it! I could make it in week two. Stay tuned.

Have a great evening all!
Ting

Ha, I love the fluke comment. I know this isn't a fluke because despite what the scale says, I can SEE the difference in my body already and also in my clothes. I am amazed at how fast it's happening!

kelseys928
11-10-2013, 11:41 PM
so I have weigh in number 6 on Wednesday but I have an awful habit of going on the scale everyday at home. This week i was getting stressed because it was not moving at all and then today I WAS UP!! has this happened to anyone? Now I am even more worried because I only have 2 days to lose weight!! I have not cheated at all and don't see anything in my week I did differently

Kawaii1002
11-11-2013, 08:34 AM
The flip-side of people noticing would be nobody noticing, which is what happened to me until I lost over 50 lbs. THAT was super frustrating!

ForEVER all I got was: have you changed your hair?

No! I lost 50+ lbs!!!
That isn't a problem now but geez!

Lisa,

This is what's been happening to me. I know that it's because I have a long way to go, but no one has said anything and it feels a bit disappointing.. I mean my hubby lost 20lbs and people are raving about it.. I'm just shy of 40lbs, and nope.. nothing.. so believe me I can relate!

Kawaii

Kawaii1002
11-11-2013, 08:41 AM
I started IP for the first time on November 4 but I really like all the info, support, and advice in this October group; do y'all mind if I join in? Here's some background on me - I'm a 36 year old wife, mom, and IT professional, and I'm desperate to get rid of the baby weight and the additional 20 lbs I've been trying to lose for 7 years. I had my first baby 4 1/2 months ago and am 15 lbs from my prepreg weight, and 35 from goal. So far I'm loving Ideal Protein but am confused about a few things. I go to a weight loss center that offers several programs and is backed by an MD's clinic but is staffed by a nurse practitioner and a couple of dietician/nutrition-type ladies. I went once for my consultation and sign-up, and got the beginner's box of IP products. I had a long meeting with the practitioner and she gave me a lot of info and literature, but after reading on this site and others, I am learning about restricted/non-restricted products, the importance of the oil serving every day, and that avoiding exercise may actually be a good thing. She did not tell me any of this, only that exercise isn't necessary on the plan. Also, my first box of IP meals did not contain any restricted items I have seen mentioned, so they haven't been an issue but I'm still curious. Anyhoo, from my weight at home Monday morning thru Thursday, I was down 5 lbs (yaaay!). Then on Saturday morning, I was up a lb. And this morning, I was up another lb!!! I have followed the plan perfectly with absolutely NO cheats at all, and no real exercise except walking the dog for 20-30 minutes each night (not real exercise, just strolling). However, I did start taking a penicillin antibiotic due to a wound on my hand, and I also had TOM start on Friday. I know TOM should explain the gain, but since I'm only 4 months out from having a baby and have just recently started taking a new BC pill, my TOM is irregular and I have no idea if I'm really retaining water or not. SOOO, since I've stopped the antibiotic and my TOM is in full swing, I hope this gain will drop off soon. I go back to the center to weigh in and buy more meals tomorrow, so I'm going to ask more questions then. Also, do y'all use Walden Farms products freely? Or are they limited/restricted? The lady didn't tell me about those either... Thanks for reading; I hope it's ok if I participate!!

MissKay,

Sorry I'm so late getting back to the boards, but Walden Farms Products do have a limit. I go to the same clinic that Slipfree does, and they told me that you can have up to 2 servings of WF products a day (which is 4 tablespoons). I use the actual WF stuff sparingly, but I use Torani Sugar Free syrups religiously in my morning drinks (coffee, vanilla or chocolate drink, different flavor syrup) Tastes just like a starbucks latte, but there's no sugar, no milk, and no guilt.. YUM!

Kawaii

wantanewme
11-11-2013, 09:41 AM
hi everyone.
i've been out of the loop. my kids are all off from school for the long weekend and it's been hectic here.
i feel like i keep taking 2 steps forward and one step back. it's getting frustrated. i've been around the same weight for 3 weeks and it's entirely my own fault. i'm skipping my WI again because there isn't a reason for me to go there and see no change. will try my best to stay 100% OP and go next week.
I know if i really commit i will lose the rest of the weight by the end of the year but i can't seem to get out of my own way.

on a happy note, the RTD chocolate drink is very good as a hot chocolate. how did i not know this until now?!

have a good OP day! keep fighting the good fight!
congrats on all the losses.

wantanewme
11-11-2013, 09:50 AM
hi everyone.
i've been out of the loop. my kids are all off from school for the long weekend and it's been hectic here.
i feel like i keep taking 2 steps forward and one step back. it's getting frustrated. i've been around the same weight for 3 weeks and it's entirely my own fault. i'm skipping my WI again because there isn't a reason for me to go there and see no change. will try my best to stay 100% OP and go next week.
I know if i really commit i will lose the rest of the weight by the end of the year but i can't seem to get out of my own way.

on a happy note, the RTD chocolate drink is very good as a hot chocolate. how did i not know this until now?!

have a good OP day! keep fighting the good fight!
congrats on all the losses.

Slipfree
11-11-2013, 10:45 AM
Hi everyone,

Well I have been up since before 7:00 on my day off- the landscape guy came to do the leaves. (I have tons of trees and a Tuscany like hilly yard.)While I am grateful that the first bunch are gone and it will make planting bulbs easier- I wanted to sleep in!

My losses have slowed down in week 6 and my weight is fluctuating daily. I know it is water weight because I can feel it in my fingers. All I can do is stay OP, WI is on Sat. It has been at least 6 yrs since I was at this weight, maybe my body is adjusting.

On a positive note, my oldest niece got engaged yesterday. It was a surprise so we had an impromptu family gathering. The menu was impossible for IP, so I cooked my meal and brought it with me. Only a couple of comments from the men and then we moved on. Soon,it will be just part of the routine. Also spoke with my SIL hosting Thanksgiving and made a food plan.

Claustin- do you eat chicken? I make Dijon chicken. Baste the chicken in Dijon mustard (look for the one with the lowest carbs)and bake. Then I take butter lettuce, fennel,a few cherry tomatoes and any other veggies for a salad. My dressing is Dijon mustard, apple cider vin, shallots, IP salt and the olive oil portion. When the chicken is done, I put it right on top of the salad and dress the whole plate.

I also make chicken piccata, I bake the chicken basted in mustard. I mix 1/4 lemon squeezed juice, olive oil,capers and IP salt and then warm in a pan. Pour sauce over chicken. Yum.

emsmom97
11-11-2013, 11:26 AM
Good morning all. Sorry I was MIA this weekend, but it was a busy one.

We ended up with a foreign exchange student on Saturday who will be with us until June. It was a last minute thing since she was in an unfortunate situation with her original host family. Then, yesterday, we were invited to 2 parties. One was an open house type thing, the other was a sit down dinner with only 5 couples. I was able to avoid all food and drink at the first party, but it's hard to not eat when you are at a table with 9 other people. They kind of notice. :)

So...I did go off plan at the Dawali party (Indian Festival of Lights), but not too off the deep end. I only had about 2 TB of each of the dishes. And I spread it around my plate so it looked like I had more food. And I ate really slowly so it seemed I had as much as everyone else. Indian food is really hard to eat and stay on plan. I did stay away from the appetizers and the dessert AND, even better, the wine! I did it. A social situation and all I drank was water. Who knew it could be done? Our host was shocked and kept asking me if I was an imposter! I told him it was all good. I was just acting as our designated driver. He laughed, but didn't offer me wine again! SUCCESS!!!

Anyway...back OP today. Weigh in is tomorrow and I'm hoping the scale doesn't fight back. I need to donate some more pounds to the bank. Really working on that 20 by Christmas challenge.

Hope you all have a wonderful week. I'm going to enjoy the sun while we have it as I think today is the only day I will see it this week. We actually have a sunrise this morning. First one I've seen in a long time!

claustin
11-11-2013, 11:52 AM
Woohoo! Weigh in Monday.....And the result is..... -6.8lbs! So excited right now :carrot:

emsmom97
11-11-2013, 11:56 AM
Woohoo! Weigh in Monday.....And the result is..... -6.8lbs! So excited right now :carrot:

You're AWESOME!!!

:cb::woohoo:

airportchick11
11-11-2013, 12:21 PM
Good morning all. Sorry I was MIA this weekend, but it was a busy one.

We ended up with a foreign exchange student on Saturday who will be with us until June. It was a last minute thing since she was in an unfortunate situation with her original host family. Then, yesterday, we were invited to 2 parties. One was an open house type thing, the other was a sit down dinner with only 5 couples. I was able to avoid all food and drink at the first party, but it's hard to not eat when you are at a table with 9 other people. They kind of notice. :)

So...I did go off plan at the Dawali party (Indian Festival of Lights), but not too off the deep end. I only had about 2 TB of each of the dishes. And I spread it around my plate so it looked like I had more food. And I ate really slowly so it seemed I had as much as everyone else. Indian food is really hard to eat and stay on plan. I did stay away from the appetizers and the dessert AND, even better, the wine! I did it. A social situation and all I drank was water. Who knew it could be done? Our host was shocked and kept asking me if I was an imposter! I told him it was all good. I was just acting as our designated driver. He laughed, but didn't offer me wine again! SUCCESS!!!

Anyway...back OP today. Weigh in is tomorrow and I'm hoping the scale doesn't fight back. I need to donate some more pounds to the bank. Really working on that 20 by Christmas challenge.

Hope you all have a wonderful week. I'm going to enjoy the sun while we have it as I think today is the only day I will see it this week. We actually have a sunrise this morning. First one I've seen in a long time!

So awesome!!!! Congrats on many decisions well done!!!!

Claustin...WAY TO GO!!!

I had my WI today, -2. Happy with the number considering stress and lack of sleep :)

wantanewme
11-11-2013, 12:37 PM

Yay!! That rocks!!

Airportchick, congrats to you too!!

Roni Lee
11-11-2013, 12:41 PM
Good job on managing what you could during the dinner. Where is your exchange student from? We have not participated as the host family but are very close to two gals from Brazil who studied with our oldest daughter her senior year. She spent Christmas with their families two years ago. Life long frindships established between our families.

jemma51
11-11-2013, 12:44 PM

That's awesome. I'd be jumping for joy:carrot::carrot::carrot:

Slipfree
11-11-2013, 12:55 PM
Claustin- :woohoo: fantastic number!

Emsmom- it is tough to navigate social occasions, but no one wants to become a hermit either. Way to hang tough with the vino. May the scale be with you.

Airportchick- that is a great loss! Especially with all that is going on. How is your husband?

Wantanewme- sounds busy out your way. It is hard to put yourself first on the list. Nice of you to help out the exchange student. Where is she from?

Kawaii- nice to see you :) funny that the coaches never told me the WF limit. I just figured no food is free, so use moderation.

Kelsey, I am fighting a little weight stress too. Just going to wait it out. Bought the cutest little measuring cups (1 tsp, 1tbsp, 1 oz) to make sure that I am not going over the portions.

Stephascope- my clothes are loose too. Definitely losing inches in places that do not usually budge. Lisa often points out, that the scale is not the only measure.

Tingstar- great losses so far! I bought myself a silver bangle with a quote for my 20 pound celebration.

Ronilee- what type of salsa do you use? I haven't been able to find sugar free.

Roni Lee
11-11-2013, 01:27 PM
My mother has an amazing garden and cans salsa and spaghetti sauce for us. She adds pickled asparagus to the salsa and it is amazing I could drink the stuff. Only occasional but it is a terrific treat.

Jig
11-11-2013, 01:54 PM
I made the chicken tortilla soup out of the cookbook this weekend. I didn't have any of the crepe mix for the tortillas since my clinic was out of it so I added extra chicken instead, which I broiled with a lot of cajun seasoning. It was actually pretty good. The recipe calls for like 5 tablespoons of garlic which I thought was a crazy amount. I only used about 1.5 tablespoons so it was plenty. It was also my first time trying leeks, which was a pleasant surprise to find a new tasty veggie. Tastes like a mild green onion. Would be good in salads and stir fry.

emsmom97
11-11-2013, 02:13 PM
Good job on managing what you could during the dinner. Where is your exchange student from? We have not participated as the host family but are very close to two gals from Brazil who studied with our oldest daughter her senior year. She spent Christmas with their families two years ago. Life long frindships established between our families.

She is from Berlin, Germany. So far, so good. She is good friends with my daughter as they are the same age and go to the same school. It really works out well for all involved.

claustin
11-11-2013, 02:23 PM
Thanks everyone :)

Congratulations to all of you on your SV & NSV. There has been some stress related posts this past week/end. Glad you all had something positive come out of it!

Hoping you have a less stressful week coming up

LUCCILOVE
11-11-2013, 02:35 PM
Just had my WI lost 5lbs!!!!

I surprised myself and I had TOM last week. I am down 22lbs since starting Oct 7th. This is the lowest weight I have been in years - maybe 5-10yrs for real. I never get lose more then 20lbs or go below 220. I am over the moon. I am excited cause I ate out at Korean, sushi, and Vietnamese Pho Soup place as well.

Update on my tongue/mouth. Waiting to get some blood results in case it is my thyroid but it has come down alot. I have not used any pickles since last week and I think that is one of the issues for me - not use to the vinegar and salt.

Congrats to all the LOSERs this week at WIs.

Happy Veterans Day to all.

claustin
11-11-2013, 04:13 PM

I surprised myself and I had TOM last week. I am down 22lbs since starting Oct 7th. This is the lowest weight I have been in years - maybe 5-10yrs for real. I never get lose more then 20lbs or go below 220. I am over the moon. I am excited cause I ate out at Korean, sushi, and Vietnamese Pho Soup place as well.

Update on my tongue/mouth. Waiting to get some blood results in case it is my thyroid but it has come down alot. I have not used any pickles since last week and I think that is one of the issues for me - not use to the vinegar and salt.

Yay!!!!! Congratulations!! I can hear the excitement in your writing lol

wantanewme
11-11-2013, 04:16 PM

Awesome!! I hope your blood test comes back ok.

dmccoy
11-11-2013, 04:52 PM
Wow, I wish I could say I wasn't hungry like you! I still get really hungry, especially around 3-4pm. Do you like Franks Red Hot Sauce? I make lettuce wraps with ground chicken, green peppers, hot sauce, and a bit of WF Ranch dressing. They are really good! Have you tried mashed cauliflower yet? I have been making it in my Magic Bullet and it is so good. Really creamy and good to dip your meat in. I love Indian food and made a huge batch of aloo ghobi (minus the aloo - potatoes and onions) and it is soo tastey with all the lovely spices. Let me know if you want the recipe! I am trying all sorts of veggie recipes because I can really get burnt out with eating the same things every day.

I have no idea what aloo ghobi is, but I do like some Indian foods & do like spicy stuff. Would you share the recipe? The lettuce wraps sound good too, I will have to try that. Thanks!

Olyme
11-11-2013, 06:04 PM
I started officially October 23rd as part of a pilot group for a brand new wellness center. I decided to do the program because I met up with a friend I hadn't seen over the summer. She had lost over 50 pounds on IP since I saw her and honestly, all I really recognized were her eyes! She is gorgeous beyond belief! She told me she had never been hungry on IP and that had me hooked, plus that's its fast and medically supervised. She's an RN, and now she's my coach! In the 3 weeks before the clinic opened, I cut back on calories, so my scale loss is now about 20 pounds. I'm doing this with my daughter and we both have made it through those difficult first two weeks. I wore my favorite dress pants to a theater performance yesterday and struggled all day to keep them on as they are suddenly WAYY too loose! That's not a problem I'm accustomed to! It took a couple weeks to figure out how to cook the veggies in tasty ways, and get into the habit of trying new recipes (I'm a lazy cook). Now my fridge is stuffed with veggies for the first time ever. I'm trying to decide whether to stay 100% compliant over Thanksgiving and Christmas. I do think it's possible but I have the biggest sweet tooth on the planet (which is why I'm here, of course). A lot can happen in two and a half weeks on IP, so we'll see...

wantanewme
11-11-2013, 07:31 PM
I started officially October 23rd as part of a pilot group for a brand new wellness center. I decided to do the program because I met up with a friend I hadn't seen over the summer. She had lost over 50 pounds on IP since I saw her and honestly, all I really recognized were her eyes! She is gorgeous beyond belief! She told me she had never been hungry on IP and that had me hooked, plus that's its fast and medically supervised. She's an RN, and now she's my coach! In the 3 weeks before the clinic opened, I cut back on calories, so my scale loss is now about 20 pounds. I'm doing this with my daughter and we both have made it through those difficult first two weeks. I wore my favorite dress pants to a theater performance yesterday and struggled all day to keep them on as they are suddenly WAYY too loose! That's not a problem I'm accustomed to! It took a couple weeks to figure out how to cook the veggies in tasty ways, and get into the habit of trying new recipes (I'm a lazy cook). Now my fridge is stuffed with veggies for the first time ever. I'm trying to decide whether to stay 100% compliant over Thanksgiving and Christmas. I do think it's possible but I have the biggest sweet tooth on the planet (which is why I'm here, of course). A lot can happen in two and a half weeks on IP, so we'll see...

Hi!
I love the story about your coach. Mine is an RN too and she lost 70 pounds on Ip and had kept it off for 18 months! She's had cancer three times so she wants to do her best to be as healthy as possible and have the est quality of life possible. It's very inspiring.
You've had a great loss so far. Keep up the great work. I plan to eat normally on Thanksgiving but I think lots of people will stay OP.

jemma51
11-11-2013, 10:25 PM
Today was such a struggle for me. I woke up starving and pretty much was weak and starving all day. I couldn't wait until dinner time. I made myself eggs with mushrooms for dinner and am finally not starving. I spoke with my mom on the phone and told her that at this point maybe I'm just going to have to be fat for life. I feel frustrated and worried that I can do this. I haven't gone Op at all and I've been tempted daily by the foods have am have to prepare at work and for my kids at home. I need some serious strength here. I want to lose so badly and thought by now I wouldn't e so hungry and lethargic.

Slipfree
11-11-2013, 10:40 PM
Today was such a struggle for me. I woke up starving and pretty much was weak and starving all day. I couldn't wait until dinner time. I made myself eggs with mushrooms for dinner and am finally not starving. I spoke with my mom on the phone and told her that at this point maybe I'm just going to have to be fat for life. I feel frustrated and worried that I can do this. I haven't gone Op at all and I've been tempted daily by the foods have am have to prepare at work and for my kids at home. I need some serious strength here. I want to lose so badly and thought by now I wouldn't e so hungry and lethargic.

Jemma, are you eating every few hours? My coach said that will stave off the starving feeling. During the work week, I have a boiled egg at lunch, then 6 oz of protein at dinner. I think that we are going to be tempted for life. You made a decision to stay OP, be proud of yourself. Worrying and getting down on yourself will just stress out your body. Believe me there are moments when I am crabby and want some comfort (food) but you know what? I do not want to be "fat for life". I was not living a full happy existence. I really hated part of my self for creating the body I was living in. This is not easy, but think of all the reasons that you started. I know that you can do this! Sending you a :hug: and hopes for an easier day.

Jig
11-11-2013, 10:49 PM
Whew, just worked out tonight for the first time in a long time. Huffin and puffin but getting healthier everyday. Keep up the good work everyone.

Slipfree
11-11-2013, 11:06 PM
Whew, just worked out tonight for the first time in a long time. Huffin and puffin but getting healthier everyday. Keep up the good work everyone.

Way to go, Jig! Keep on moving. I worked outside in the yard getting ready for our first winter weather. Climbed the stairs a hundred times (the garden and patios are on the second story of the yard, but the garage is on the first) 2 full sets of patio furniture. Emptied and put away all the ceramic containers, pulled out the vegetables from the garden and planted 40 tulip bulbs. I am tired too!

jemma51
11-11-2013, 11:21 PM
Jemma, are you eating every few hours? My coach said that will stave off the starving feeling. During the work week, I have a boiled egg at lunch, then 6 oz of protein at dinner. I think that we are going to be tempted for life. You made a decision to stay OP, be proud of yourself. Worrying and getting down on yourself will just stress out your body. Believe me there are moments when I am crabby and want some comfort (food) but you know what? I do not want to be "fat for life". I was not living a full happy existence. I really hated part of my self for creating the body I was living in. This is not easy, but think of all the reasons that you started. I know that you can do this! Sending you a :hug: and hopes for an easier day.

I too hate the "fat" person I have allowed myself to be. I'm going to give this everything I have. Maybe I should have a little protein at lunch. Thanks for the idea and the encouragement.:)

Jig
11-11-2013, 11:32 PM
Slipfree-Awesome job! My doctor reminded me that heavy manual labor like that should be counted towards my 20-30 mins of exercise a day and to be sure to have an extra unrestricted packet if I do a lot of manual labor or exercise. Not sure if you doctor feels the same or already told you that.

claustin
11-12-2013, 12:49 AM

Jemma, what do you have for breakfast? Maybe try adding 2 egg whites. I have a (hot) choc drink with 2 egg whites (they don't count towards anything) then maybe have 2-3 oz of protein with your lunch packet and eat your veggies as snacks. Then you still can have your restricted ip food and still have 3-4 oz of protein and veggies with supper. Try breaking your foods up into 6 meals a day instead of 3 bigger ones. My first week on ip I have to do this to fight off the picking, snacking, cravings and hunger. With each meal I also have a bottle of water. 6 meals. 6 bottles. It keeps me full and satisfied. Good luck Hun. There is nothing worse then Feeling trapped and frustrated with yourself and feeling addicted or controlled by food/cravings. But were here for you! You can do this! You are incharge of what you put in your mouth and how you let yourself feel <3