100 lb. Club - getting out of the 280's and 270's

Pages : [1] 2

SMSDREAMER2007
10-31-2013, 03:53 PM
Our last thread was over the 500 post maximum. Whoops!

SMSDREAMER2007
10-31-2013, 03:58 PM
Fill up: it defo sucks ugh!
Lindy: exactly..thinking is the first step!

Im still frigen sich ugh! Also, I spent all yest baking a total of 5 pies and 48 cookies and didnt have one! I come home from class today and cave and have o e :/ oh well I guess, 1 wont kill me its the other one that will which is why im sticking to 1! :p oh and I was down from 289 to 283 yest woot. Now it needs to keep going down...,

skinnyki
10-31-2013, 04:58 PM
Hello all im not in the 280s yet I dnt think the batteries went out in my scale 2 weeks ago so I havent weighed myself but I would like to join bc I see alot of people are around my weight or started where I started. So please tell me what this thread is all about. I can always use some support and motivation! Thanks

therecoveringfatchic
10-31-2013, 06:01 PM
I'd like to jump in here too... I have been stuck in the 280's for awhile and am hoping to zoom past the 270's as quickly as I can. I hope I can motivate some of you and get some motivation too!

Lindy87
10-31-2013, 06:17 PM
Well i did have a few pieces of candy today but I am now done with that for the day. Tomorrow, well that is another story.

fillupthesky
11-01-2013, 09:10 PM
SMSDREAMER: i totally cannot cook without tasting the whole time...that's awesome that you didn't! and feel better!

Lindy: what's halloween without ONE piece of candy? ;)

personally, i try not to beat myself over slip ups, because i love food and i don't want to give any of it up (unless i have to for some medical reason). yesterday, at a staff meeting, there was a slew of candy, chips, and, doughnuts. i also caved and had one. but left it at that, thank goodness. trying to not let little slip ups turn into a week off plan :)
managed to stay on plan today (so far!) without incident :)

SMSDREAMER2007
11-01-2013, 09:30 PM
This is just a thread where we support eachother as we travel through the weigh decades;)
Sadly I did eat a cookie yest; the day after baking and boooooy did it trigger me woo. Oh well, I kept track and my cals were way under every day this week so I should be ok.

Lindy87
11-02-2013, 05:04 PM
Well had a stressful day at work and came home and ate candy all nite. YIKES!

SMSDREAMER2007
11-03-2013, 03:37 PM
Ouch. At least it was just one night and not 4 nights lindy!!

therecoveringfatchic
11-03-2013, 04:49 PM
I'm finally in the 270's! After all the stress the past few days, I managed to not give in to my emotional eating habits and made a small goal for me! Now to speed through this "decade"...

SMSDREAMER2007
11-04-2013, 01:30 AM
yay recovering!!!

Lindy87
11-04-2013, 01:58 PM
SMSDREAMER2007 Glad that you are recovery from being sick. I went to WW today to weigh in after eating out almost all of last week and eating candy for a few days and I still lost 5.6 lbs. Don't know how but I will take it! I thougtht my scale was broken because I could not believe it. This motivates me to stay on the right path. May be out of the 270s finally in a few days.

SMSDREAMER2007
11-05-2013, 12:28 AM
Yay lindy!!!

I find sometimes if ive been reallly good and on plan then a "bad week" jolts my body and makes the weight melt off too!
Sadly im still sick the yay recovering was for therecoveringchick's loss ;)
This mornjng I was 280 exactly on the scale but weigh in for me isnt till wed n I had yes had to have taco bell tonight but I was wise about it so we will see what damage it did. Still within calories so im crossing my fingers ;)

Lindy87
11-05-2013, 09:06 AM
Yesterday was my first day candy free even though there is still tons here from my kids. Planning to stay away from it again today. Going to try and enjoy having the day off from work today. Errands to run and stuff but hoping to get watching a movie from the library with my daughter.

junebug44
11-05-2013, 04:06 PM
I've been gone for over a year (I think) and decided that I need to get back on track and "face the facts." 3FC has provided so much support in the past so I thought this would be my first stop. I'm hoping to join you lovely ladies and speed on through the 280's! :)

Mori M
11-05-2013, 04:22 PM
i fell back in here again. I seem to teeter between 265 and 270, depending on the day.

Mori M
11-05-2013, 04:23 PM
I'm finally in the 270's! After all the stress the past few days, I managed to not give in to my emotional eating habits and made a small goal for me! Now to speed through this "decade"...

:carrot:

SMSDREAMER2007
11-05-2013, 04:57 PM
Lindy-you can do it!!

Welcome back junebug!

Hate that mori I get it too.

I had taco yell last night and my sodium is way high for some odd reason today (double yikes!!) Im scared to see the scale tomorrow....

fillupthesky
11-06-2013, 12:10 AM
hey all, hope you all are well! welcome Junebug! TheRecovering, kudos for the goal!

I spent all weekend cleaning and wishing a friend well, as she's moving to Seattle. I made a BOMB turkey bean chili today in the crock pot. i'm not the best cook, but i can follow a recipe i guess!

what day do you all weigh in? I just switched from Tuesdays to Fridays. I tend to do a lot more damage on the weekends...

junebug44
11-06-2013, 10:51 AM
Thanks you guys! It feels really good to be back with 3FC. I'm feeling pretty good. I hit 10,000 steps the past few days which makes me feel like I'm taking a "step" in the right direction ;)

I'm just trying to figure out which food plan I want to go with. I'm going through a work program right now that focuses on healthy behaviors and last week we went over calories. The information said that your resting calorie burn (without working out) is around 9 X body weight. That would mean over 2500 calories for me. That means if I burn around 500/day in steps and stick around 1800 calories a day that will put me right over 2 lbs lost a week.

Does that sound right to you all? I usually try to stick with a few lesser calories than that when I'm trying to lose weight.

Hope you all have a great day! I'm looking forward to traveling through this journey with all of you :)

Lindy87
11-06-2013, 11:54 AM
Down to 270.4. So excited. Today my jeans were actually not to tight and I could tie my shoes with them zipped. It is funny how small things make you so happy. It also is a great motivator to keep on going. Every one seems to be doing good here. Mori: The story of my life is up and down the same 5 pounds. I have been doing that since September. Hang in there and soon you will be losing again.

SMSDREAMER2007
11-06-2013, 03:38 PM
Fillup- I weigh in on wednesdays "officially" but thats because that is when I see my "health coach".

Junebug-that seems a little high for bmr, I know for me (you are about my same weight) I ned to eat about 1500-1650 cals a day to lose 2 lbs a week (supposedly, and assuming I keep my carbs low my water intake high and my sodium in check) either way you should lose weight steadily.

Iindy- wooo!

As for me, my taco bell and sodium caught up with me >. < that means that I gained 2 lbs in 2 days; I weighed in at 282 today even though my home scale said 280 on mon morning meh. Oh well thats a pound gone!!

VGibs1981
11-06-2013, 05:12 PM
I so have to jump in here! I have been at 280...well lets say its my highest and I just had a baby and am back here again. I am dying to get under 270!!!

SMSDREAMER2007
11-06-2013, 09:08 PM
I so have to jump in here! I have been at 280...well lets say its my highest and I just had a baby and am back here again. I am dying to get under 270!!!

This!!!! (Except the baby part)

fillupthesky
11-07-2013, 01:25 AM
Welcome VGibs!

all this taco bell talk has given me a craving ;)
i like to give myself a meal per week to just eat why i've been craving in some moderation. this week might be taco bell.

do you all have a meal or day where you have a controlled cheat?

VGibs1981
11-07-2013, 08:14 AM
Thanks guys!!!!

I have one day where I use my extra points on a bottle of wine or some cider. I used to drink almost everyday so for me it is a treat.

junebug44
11-07-2013, 10:58 AM
Thanks SMSDREAMER. That's what I thought. I think I'm going to try around 1600-1700 to start off with and see how that goes. I've been really trying to drink a ton of water which is great, but it seems like I'm not getting the huge WHOOSH that I have in the past on the scale when I start back OP. Oh well, I know it's good for me and it will eventually pay off :)

fillupthesky - I have been treating myself to a "frozen yogurt" outing every week with my husband which is delicious and fun. I'm really liking the idea of your treat though VGIbs! ;)

SMSDREAMER2007
11-07-2013, 05:20 PM
Junebug- I didnt this time either so you are not alone.

Fillup- ive tried doing that but my schedule is so unpredictable its just not possible for me :/ I cant preplan meals forever so I prefer to practice now for "life" and just make the best of whatever situation I am in ;)

Lindy87
11-07-2013, 07:32 PM
Up .4 today and just went out to dinner. Hoping the scale doesn't go back up to much!

SMSDREAMER2007
11-07-2013, 11:35 PM
Im snacking lindy...so ditto >. <

VGibs1981
11-08-2013, 09:11 AM
Where's that damn dancing carrot?

I lost 2 lbs yesterday baby!

junebug44
11-08-2013, 10:46 AM
Well, my husband decided that pizza was necessary for football last night but I was really proud of myself. I had ONE piece of pizza and salad. That's a major accomplishment for me!

Lindy - how'd it turn out?

VGibs - :carrot: yay!!!

VGibs1981
11-08-2013, 01:24 PM
hahaha Thanks!!!!

Lindy87
11-09-2013, 08:59 AM
Congrats VGib on your loss.
And after a few days of eating our back up to 273.8. Hoping to get that back down soon. Getting ready to make beef stew in the crock pot today for the first time. Looking forward to that for dinner. Going to celebrate my great niece's bday tonight. I am promising myself not to have cake.

VGibs1981
11-09-2013, 09:59 AM
Ya that treat night I talked about? Well my husband wanted me to "relax" so he got me one too many drinks and the scale slapped me this morning for it.

TreatYoSelf
11-10-2013, 01:50 PM
I was 276 this morning, after a long period of struggling with emotional eating. I finally started working on it and taking smaller steps this past week, so I started out at 280 and now I'm down to 276, so I'm moving in the right direction!

Lindy87
11-11-2013, 08:53 AM
Congrats TreatYoSelf! That is a great loss. For me, I fear that I have gained back the 3-4 that I just lost, again. I keep gaining and losing the same 5 lbs. Going to WW this morning to see the damage done. I will get past this, someday.

junebug44
11-11-2013, 11:11 AM
VGibs - I know what you mean about that treat. That's exactly why I've told myself that at least for this part of my journey, no drinks. Because for me, one turns into two which turns into "oh, a couple more chips never killed anyone" :)

Treatyoself - Woohoo! That's awesome! The small steps add up!

Lindy - Hang in there. I hope your meeting goes okay this morning. :hug:

My weekend went pretty well. I was able to get in at least one day of workout and was able to avoid the "down time munchies." I've started knitting and it seems to help fight the "I'm bored and just want to eat" feelings. Here's to a new, great OP week!

Lindy87
11-11-2013, 01:01 PM
Gained back 3.4. Could be worse. I will take it and turn this into a positive. Hoping to have a good week. I think I need to go to my WW meeting tonight since I haven't been to a meeting in a few weeks. Maybe that is what I need to get back on track.

ashleyweighsin
11-11-2013, 04:08 PM
Hi Ya'll!

This morning I saw 279 pounds!

Hoping to be in the 260's by the beginning of December.

Lindy87
11-11-2013, 07:48 PM
Welcome Ashleyweighsin!

TreatYoSelf
11-11-2013, 11:15 PM
Ashley, that sounds like a good goal! I would be happy to see 269 by the beginning of December.

I usually put my weight into MFP on Monday and today I was pleased to put in 275. That's at the halfway point and is 5 pounds since last week!

VGibs1981
11-12-2013, 07:53 AM
june- I knit too! It really helps to keep my hands busy!

Treatyoself - I always giggle when I see your name. Parks and Rec fan?

therecoveringfatchic
11-12-2013, 11:00 AM
I'm so frustrated! I know I spent a few days in Vegas but... I'm stuck! I was doing so well and was happy with my losses and now... nothing!!!! Grrrrr.

TreatYoSelf
11-12-2013, 02:22 PM
VGibs- yup! I love it, although of course now that I'm eating healthier, I eat the food that my food eats ;)

VGibs1981
11-13-2013, 07:28 AM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I always say that!!!!!!!!!!!

junebug44
11-13-2013, 10:55 AM
therecoveringfatchic - I feel ya'. If feels like I have been doing everything right and making good decisions with food, and working out, yet when I stepped on the scale this morning it went up! Ugh. I know this is a long process but it's still frustrating when you don't see your hard work paying off.

I've been feeling anxious for the past few days and have wanted to eat everything in sight. I head to a new doctor today and that always makes me nervous. I've had pretty bad experiences in the past with doctor's being flat out rude and use what seems like scare-tactics about my weight. All it's seemed to do is trigger a binge-fest so my goal today is to remain focused no matter what happens. I know that I'm doing all I can do to improve and that's all that should matter. Wish me luck ;)

SMSDREAMER2007
11-13-2013, 06:02 PM
Hey everyone, im still here but really lethargic and had a bad week...still super sick; uou get the drill :/ saw 279 this am but just barely, 279.8.....it was 279 the day AFTER my last official weigh in so while I lost 2.2 lbs, I TECHNICALLY gained .8 :/ oh well, new week new start!

fillupthesky
11-14-2013, 01:02 AM
hey everyone, hope you all are well.
i had a crazy weekend, where i just ate for most of Sunday, and i also drank quite a bit. i'm not a huge drinker to begin with (i will occasionally have wine or a beer when i get home from work, or drink socially with friends), but since starting weight watchers, i've abstained since i'd rather eat my calories.
either way, the occasion was a friends birthday. booze, food, and cupcakes. i was fine the next day and have been on plan since, though i felt bloated for like 2 days. i don't weight in till friday, so hopefully this weekend didn't do too much damage.

Junebug, how did it go?

SMSDreamer, feel better!

SMSDREAMER2007
11-14-2013, 03:32 PM
Thanks fillup! Here is hoping your weekend doesnt hurt you!! Its far enough away from weighIin it shouldnt ;)

MamaPu
11-14-2013, 03:43 PM
Hello, I started at 280, and am almost, hopefully soon will be out of the 270s, I will weigh myself tomorrow. Fingers crossed, it will be at or under 270!

Truffle
11-14-2013, 06:02 PM
Hi, everyone...Hope it's okay to jump in here. I've been in the 280s for awhile, now bouncing back and forth from 281 to 280.

I'm really eager to break into the 270s by the end of this month, even if it's only to hit 279.

I haven't seen that number in AGES!

junebug44
11-14-2013, 07:51 PM
fillupthesky - Thanks so much for asking! It actually went really well. The doctor was really kind and didn't harp on me at all about my weight. I valued her expertise about what we were discussing. I left feeling really proud of myself. Instead of just hanging onto the last dr because it's what I knew and "they probably all are like that"...I was an advocate for myself. I think I'm moving in the right direction :) Good luck with the weighin tomorrow!

:welcome: truffle & mamapu!!!

Lindy87
11-14-2013, 08:02 PM
Welcome Truffle and Mamapu! I am still hanging around here. Back down to the weight that I started out at this month. TOM always messes everything up. I probably will be here until I get my behind back in gear. Every day is a new day!

SMSDREAMER2007
11-14-2013, 08:51 PM
Welcome to the newbies on this thread!!

Junebug-glad to hear it! I had to put my big girl panties on and advocate for myself recently too to get some tests done!

Lindy-hate TOM! sadly what I hate worse right now is not having TOM and getting high bloid pressure instead >. < had to fight with my doctor go get some hormones ran because no period + nausea and more acne with preg tests being negative means something is up.

sadly my high BP is making me hold water therefore weight >. < at night my fingers and feet feel soooo tight. I drink toooons of water so im not sure what is up :/

junebug44
11-15-2013, 10:58 AM
mamapu - Soooooo? How did it turn out this morning? Did you break the decade?

Lindy - I hear ya'! I hate TOM! Hang in there ;)

SMSDREAMER - I'm so sorry to hear that you're still not feeling well. Thanks so much for the words of encouragement. They mean a lot after being so stressed about the doctor. I hope you get everything figured out soon. It's so hard fighting this battle when you don't feel good (or at least I know it is for me...can we say comfort food?).

MamaPu
11-15-2013, 01:05 PM
I haven't weighed in yet, sometime after 3, I thought I was closer than I am I am 274.2, I thought it was 272.4, so my dyslexia tricked me for a little while. But on a happy note I went through the mcdonalds drive thru without getting myself anything! I've been staying under 1600 calories all week, usually more around 1400, so I'm pretty proud of that! Hopefully the scale shows it later!

MamaPu
11-15-2013, 03:28 PM
272 woohoo!! So not out of here yet, but I'll take 2lbs :)

Lindy87
11-15-2013, 06:21 PM
Great job MamaPu!

therecoveringfatchic
11-16-2013, 12:29 PM
Way to go everyone... and welcome to those that I haven't said it to!

I ran my first day of the c25k (couch to 5k) running program on Thursday. Yesterday, I was only a little bit sore. Today, I have to run again but am so sore I could barely get out of bed. These are the days I would normally quit... NOT GONNA HAPPEN! I will baby myself a little this morning but, I will get my butt out there again today!

SMSDREAMER2007
11-16-2013, 05:12 PM
Recovering-I loved c25k....I might start again when I get to a lower weight. Keep with it chicky!!

Scale said 277 today even though I was over on sodium and carbs yest...so hopefully it will be there or lower on my official weigh in on thurs. Scale said 248 for my RL this am tho...he started at 263 and we started together so hes almost 20 lbx down waaaaahhhh. Hes gonna be to goal andim gonna be still at 250 lmao.... he has less to lose than me and was at a lower weight but waaaahh. I weighed less than him when we mett. I was his weight and he was mine roooooffllll.

therecoveringfatchic
11-16-2013, 07:18 PM
I did it! I ran day 2! Good job everyone, we can do this!

MamaPu
11-16-2013, 08:54 PM
Nice job recovering! It's so hard when your already sore...I swear guys lose weight easier than girls dreamer, my husband is a bean pole, always has been, and he eats like a horse!!

SMSDREAMER2007
11-17-2013, 12:35 AM
Oh, I know they do! I have pcos on top of it so meh.

VGibs1981
11-18-2013, 09:16 AM
Ughhhhhh It was my birthday last week and I celebrated....a lot. I had a dinnenr out with friends and way too much wine. And then a party at my BFF`s house which she made a ton of salty snacks and I had too many ciders and ate way too much food. Feeling lousy about it this morning as I went up more then what I lost. I`m going to the gym tonight and flooding my poor body with water today to wash away some of this nasty salt.

I hear ya about men and their dumb easyness at loosing weight. My husband eats like a cow and he has a perfect 6 pack*. He sure looks good in a pair of boxer breifs though. Yowza! LOL

junebug44
11-18-2013, 10:55 AM
recovering - that is so awesome! Great job :) I have started incorporating a little running into my routine and although I don't make it too long, I love the feeling of freedom that I get when I do it.

dreamer - I know what you mean! My husband says "diet" and drops 10 pounds, I swear ;)

VGibs - Hang in there after the rough week and don't be too tough on yourself. It was just one week in this journey, and won't hurt you in the long run as long as you keep going going going :)

My weekend was pretty good. My parents visited from out of town and of course there were snickers bars, beer, fast food and pizza to deal with (ALL of which are my favorite, I might add). I was really proud though that I managed to avoid the beer and snickers completely and chose to have ONE chicken taco and TWO pieces of pizza (on separate "outings"). I tried to incorporate lots of fruit and veggies even though noone else did. This time I'm trying to not completely deprive myself but eat everything (well, mostly everything) in moderation. So far, so good. Hope you all have a great week!!!

Slashnl
11-18-2013, 02:11 PM
Well, I just made it below 290, so I'm back in with this group. :) Now, I'd like to move to a lower group, too!! So, working on the next 20 lbs.

therecoveringfatchic
11-18-2013, 02:36 PM
Way to go Diane!

SMSDREAMER2007
11-18-2013, 02:38 PM
Vgibs-ah well one day is fine, dont let it get ya. Its the day after the one day and the day after that that get ya. Getting right back to it is what will make it be a blimp on the radar. Besides, youll lose that WATER weight in no time ;)

Jb-dont you hate it???? I do!!! Makes me feel so inferior sometimes how he can eat so much less "healthy" than me and still drop 5 lbs in a week; and they wonder why women obsess over diets....bfw good job! Moderation is kry! (Except for me and pizza...any gluten/flour based starches makes me sick and crave!!!)

Slashnl- welcome!! I think I recognize you from before.

Pretty normal weekend, been higher than I like on carbs an cals whoops (darn apples with vegan fudge sauce!) But still under my calorie goal even if its just under every day. So thats something!!

VGibs1981
11-19-2013, 08:38 AM
Thanks guys! I am drinking a ton of water and using that diuretic tea because I still have swelling issues after my pregnancy.

SMSDREAMER2007
11-19-2013, 10:13 AM
I hear ya vgibs only my swelling is random and not from pregnancy *sigh*. My scale was back to 280 today too. DANG IT. I havent been over in cals so I KNOW its water weight...

Lindy87
11-19-2013, 10:32 AM
down to 273.6. hoping that continues. planning a healthy day of eating. have a great day everyone!

junebug44
11-19-2013, 10:57 AM
Lindy - woohoo! That's awesome!

Slashnl - Welcome! I remember you from my last time here! Looking forward to working through the decades with you ;)

dreamer - I love your attitude and confidence towards the scale. It inspires me to be less crazy when the scale goes up when I've done EVERYTHING right. It HAS to be water weight. I know it's so simple, but I've never thought of that before. I become irrational thinking "oh no, I've done something wrong...I'm headed back up" which eventually leads to "why the heck should I even bother." Thanks for providing a different perspective, friend!

All is pretty good today. I started incorporating a little strength training yesterday (I mean, very minimal) and it's amazing how out of shape I am! I am kind of exhausted today but I know I just need to keep with it :) Have a wonderful OP day everyone!

Slashnl
11-19-2013, 12:46 PM
Thanks for the welcome back. I had gone back to the 290 range and then quit posting for awhile. I was discouraged and needed to get my head back on straight. I don't know if I accomplished that, but thought I'd jump back in while back in this group. I do need to get back to going to the gym before work. It is better for me to do it then.

Need discipline.....

MamaPu
11-19-2013, 03:58 PM
268!! I'm outta here ladies, hope to see you all soon!! Best of luck in your weight loss :)

junebug44
11-20-2013, 09:05 AM
Go mama go! Woohoo! We will see you soon ;)

Lindy87
11-20-2013, 09:33 AM
Hope to see you soon Mama! Fantastic job!
Me, on the other hand, after eating ham and some chocolate covered raisins from Costco, I am back up to 276! OUCH! Gotta get rid of that number and get back on track.

VGibs1981
11-20-2013, 09:57 AM
Oh man ham is awesome lol How could you resist? LOL

junebug44
11-20-2013, 02:13 PM
I'm already dreading the struggle of trying to avoid the ham for thanksgiving lol ;) I feel you sister!

SMSDREAMER2007
11-20-2013, 03:10 PM
Woooo lindy! You can do it!! And remember, it will come offquickly!!

Junebug-ty ;) its taken a LOT of practice and hard thinking to get here, when I see the scale go up im still thinking "waaah" but in the end I know itsusually water and itwill come off. It will for you too ;)

Slash- you are not alone I was in the 290 range too! Luckily that was water and I quickly lost it before "officially" weighing in for my start weight.

Yaaaay mama!! See you soon!!!

Weighed in officially this am; 276.4 which is down 3.4 lbs oot!! I wanted to see 269 by thanksgiving but 6 lbs in a week???? Not happening, oh well maybe I can see 265 or 259 by xmas :p will see!

Oh, side note....my blood pressure was down ;) 128/79

Slashnl
11-20-2013, 06:29 PM
Dreamer: Good job on the blood pressure! That's one of the important things about weight loss!

Still haven't made it back to the gym. I'm kind of scared to start it up again. It will hurt, but I need to get started, even if slowly....

therecoveringfatchic
11-21-2013, 10:35 AM
277.6 - I am frustrated today! I am up AGAIN and, I need to run today.... in the cold and the rain!!!

junebug44
11-21-2013, 10:55 AM
dreamer - way to go on both the loss and blood pressure! It's nice to have some other positive health indicators when that darn scale can be so inconsistent!

recovering - You've got this! All of that hard work WILL pay off...

slash - I know what you mean. I have been trying to incorporate weight training and it hurts like heck. It also makes my scale fluctuate like crazy too. But I have to take a page from dreamer's book - I know it's just water weight and I know it will help burn more cals in the long run. But man it's hard to get motivated when I know it's going to hurt AND I won't see instant scale gratification. BUT that's what this whole journey's about for me. Seeing the big picture and NOT relying on instant gratification. That's what got me here in the first place. We can do this! :)

I'm doing pretty well this morning. I'm trying to mentally prepare for Thanksgiving. I'm hosting this year for the first time so I'm excited about that. At least I will be able to make for sure that there are healthy choices around....now I will just have to stick to them ;)

SMSDREAMER2007
11-21-2013, 12:50 PM
Thanks slash!

Recovering...its probably your body holding water from the running; I ALWAYS do that when I run...or do any exercise other than walking sadly.

Thanks junebug! We are hosting too and most things will be gluten/dairy free so it will be interesting!

junebug44
11-22-2013, 10:58 AM
Good morning ladies! I weighed in today around 272-273 (yes, I have an "old school" scale lol). Woohoo! As I was feeling so excited about that scale going down, I realized how important 3FC really is for me. If I didn't have a place to log the week-to-week progress, it's hard to see the work paying off. I tend to step on that thing every day and one day it's up and another it's down and it's easy to think that nothing is happening. Thanks for being my "accountability partners" :)

therecoveringfatchic
11-22-2013, 11:22 AM
Way to go Junebug!

I am so excited! I finally started dropping again! 275.4 - WooHoo! Over night!! Life is good!

Lindy87
11-24-2013, 12:20 PM
Happy Sunday Afternoon to everyone. Weighed in at 272 this morning. Hope it doesn't go up before tomorrow's afternoon WW weigh in. Getting a little worried with Thanksgiving being this week. Hoping that the scale does not go up. Watching 2 NY football games this afternoon and also brought hoe some the monthly mailing from work to put the address labels on while watching the games. Short week this week so trying to be a good person and get something done at home. Have a great day everyone!

SMSDREAMER2007
11-24-2013, 01:24 PM
Junebug - danngg I gotta hustle it up before you get too far ahead of me :p

Recovering-yayy!!!! Wtg girly!!

Lindy- woot woot! Awesome!! Ill cross my fingers for you!

I had a "mini binge" yest. Idk why or what happened I was just so hungry...I think it was the stir fry and extra quinoa that kick started the cravings >. <

My boyfriend and I decided when we started this that we would use saturdays as cheat days if we needed it so at least it was on a saturday I guess; sadly I was over on cals on friday :/ on well; scale said 277 this AM and I know a lot of it is water weight so itll be gone plus some by weigh in on wed.

VGibs1981
11-24-2013, 05:57 PM
SMS - I always find myself having those bingey days before my TOM.
Recov- WTG!
June - I know what ya mean. I need the accountability.

Speaking of which...I am only 8 weeks post pardum and my lovely lady gift was redelivered. *annoyed face* I couldn't figure out why I was so crabby and puffy last week and now I know. So I guess that's a bonus.

SMSDREAMER2007
11-24-2013, 06:08 PM
Vgibs- sadly I havent had a visit in almost 3 mos (not prego, not ttc) so I doubt thats it :/

pluckypear
11-25-2013, 10:36 AM
I am hopping into his thread as I am officially out of the 290's and into the 280's at 286.2.

So now to get into the 270's. :)

junebug44
11-25-2013, 11:09 AM
Welcome Plucky! It's great to have you here with us!

dreamer - hang in there girl! I completely know what you mean...we ordered pizza on Saturday for football and it was all I could do not to eat the whole dang thing. I've been having a lot more cravings lately to just go wild. I keep telling myself it must just be a phase, right? We've got this!

recovering - woohoo! Way to go!

Lindy - That's awesome that you were able to get lots done this weekend. That always makes me feel so good to start the week. Let's hang on for the crazy food week. I'm getting nervous too!

All is well this morning. I got a lot accomplished this weekend with prepping our house for hosting thanksgiving this week. I'm getting a little nervous as I learn how many cheesecakes, pies, etc people will be bringing. I. CAN. DO. THIS! Have a great week everyone!

Lindy87
11-25-2013, 03:39 PM
Good to see that everyone is still hanging on. Welcome to our group Pluckypear! You will find lots of support here. I was 271.6 this morning! Went to go to WW this afternoon just to weigh in and they were closed!!! I guess there is not someone there all day, just most of the day. My meeting is tonight, which I have not gone to in several weeks. I wanted to go tonight but I might not be able to go now. Oh well, it might have to wait till tomorrow for my official weight of the week. Hope everyone has a great day!

SMSDREAMER2007
11-25-2013, 05:23 PM
Lindy, 271 woow wtg!!

Jb-yes we can!!!

Welcome plucky!!

30 seconds ago I was 276 which is-.4 lbs from last wed, ive had lots of sodium the last few days so im hoping that number goes down more by wed *crosses her fingers* I want out of this decade, ive seen it too many times!!!

Lindy87
11-25-2013, 07:18 PM
Well I did get to go to my WW meeting tonight. I was 272.6, a pound more than this morning. Still a loss. So glad that I went. It was all about the reasons why we came to WW and all the different reasons why we wanted to lose weight in the first place. Really gets you thinking and very appropriate right before Thanksgiving as reasons to stay under control. I really needed that to put it all in perspective.

SMSDREAMER2007
11-26-2013, 12:49 AM
Great loss lindy!!!

junebug44
11-26-2013, 11:07 AM
Yay Lindy! WTG! I start WW next week so I'm pretty excited to get started. I've had success with it before and thought it might help me get focused :) I'll let you know how it goes...

dreamer - I think it's awesome you are still down if you had a lot of sodium. I bet you'll be even lower on Wednesday ;)

Have a great day ladies. My morning started off going well. I weighed in the "60's" this morning but will wait to officially change the ticker until after thanksgiving and weigh-in on Friday. I had kind of a stressful morning after that with car issues BUT I will not let that be an excuse to eat whatever I want (that bagel was calling my name on the way in!).

SoSally
11-26-2013, 11:49 AM
Hello everyone!

I am new fat chick here to join your thread if you don't mind.

Started yesterday with a 1200-1400 calorie diet and hoping to get down to my goal weight of 160 from my current weight of 275.

I'm a single mom to two girls and I work part time in retail. I have never taken much interest in diet or my health but after some bad news in my family related to health issues caused by obesity I have started to realize how things aren't going to change if I don't start changing myself. And, I want to be a fitter healthier mom for my girls too.

My biggest thing is that I'm such a food fan, I love cooking and eating and it will be like taking away my biggest pleasure if I can't eat the things I love.

I would be so grateful if any of you have any tips for how to curb my appetite as I think if I have that in control I will find it so much easier.

Thanks for listening and good luck to you all!

SMSDREAMER2007
11-26-2013, 12:00 PM
Jb-ahhh stress!! I hate it! I have my BF's family coming over saturday and it's the first time i've done a thanksgiving turkey without help plus baking all from scratch all alone so i hear ya!!! And that bagel...it wants your waist..dont give in!!

Sally-:welcome: youll do amazing you just need to find a plan that works for you...biggest "stay full tip" is water, plain water. Artificial sweetners and other drinks seem to make most have cravings but everyone is different too! For me i have to do low STARCH not nec low carb but low starch i.e limit the pasta, bread, potatos and corn and up the healthy fats like nuts, avacado, olive oil. While fat is high in calories it sends the satiation signal to your brain and the HEALTHY fats are amazing for your body. Because of this i do a combination of atkins and calorie counting using myfitnesspal its an app you can get for your phone or use the website on your computer and its free!

Today started out not great...steel feel a little crappy my friends grandma died yesterday...she was a feisty old goat! She was cery loveable too though. I'm gonna miss the random questions about things she saw on judge judy (she lived in england). And today i was 30 seconds late for my bus so i had to catch a later one *sigh* oh well time to move on and take my german test! Ihr habt ein guten tag alles menchen!!

VGibs1981
11-27-2013, 07:08 PM
Hi Sally! I was a single Mom too. I know how hard that struggle is. I gained a lot of weight after I became a single Mom because I was so low and down on myself...*and my idiot ex hooked up with a fetus who wore mini skirts to church*

Lindy87
11-28-2013, 09:57 AM
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

SMSDREAMER2007
11-28-2013, 09:31 PM
you as well lindy!!

Over today but not because I gorged on thanksgiving food (Today was the last of my cleaning days...We are having our meal on saturday when my boyfriends family comes over) Instead I munched on fried chicken all day and thats what did me in..On the plus side that was pretty much all I ate today on the bad side...it has gluten and extra carbs in it from the breading Le sigh.

Lindy87
11-29-2013, 08:27 AM
My husband bought that butterball indoor turkey fryer and our turkey was delish! I did pretty good yesterday considering I weighed in at 171.4 which means I actually lost weight over Thanksgiving! So excited. Hoping to keep this momentum going! Hope all of those who are shopping today fight some great bargains. Just going to Old Navy today to get my son jeans. Maybe some on line shopping as well.

ShellydeFlores
11-29-2013, 10:00 PM
Hi ladies. I'm wondering if I could jump in on this group? I originally was on 3FC several years ago when I first started my weight loss journey and was a part of a group called the "280's Ladies." We've since moved over to Facebook but after a year, and all of us losing motivation, I am seeking the support again of a group and would like to be able to provide that support again.

My original weight was 287 and my lowest was somewhere last year at 234. I am somewhere between 250-270 now. Large gap, I know. I haven't weighed in about a month. I'm scared too but I need to get back up on the horse!

Whattaya say, ladies?

Lindy87
12-01-2013, 08:36 AM
And just like that back up to 273.4, :( Hoping that I just had too much salt yesterday. My journey is such a roller coaster.

VGibs1981
12-01-2013, 09:26 AM
HI Shelly! Join us crazy gals!

I can not understand how this happening to me!!! I have been super good and have been eating very well and went up 4 lbs in 3 days. I don't friggin get it!

VGibs1981
12-02-2013, 09:40 AM
I'm having a super emotional eating day. We found a property that was my absolute dream come true. A small farmhouse with 5 bedrooms, heated by wood, with 16 acres and a huge beautiful barn. We went to look at it yesterday and even though it was pretty beat up inside I was falling in love with it by the second. Then we came to find out that because it was a foreclosure the bank wasn't entertaining any offers that were not a direct sale, meaning we couldn't put the offer based on when we could sell our house. I was devastated. I don't think I have gone an hour without crying since we were there. I actually cursed at the real estate agent and asked why the **** she wouldn't have told me that before going to see it. I had actually looked at this property before and had my eye on it for years. I am just heartbroken. My Mom keeps saying, if it's meant to be then it will happen. But I keep asking why something feels so very right has to go so very wrong.

And then yesterday...we are celebrating mine and a friends birthday this weekend by going to fancy hotel and out to dinner. Well my best friend is joining me and yesterday she kept gushing about all those cute new clothes she had bought. I was already pretty upset by the house deal falling through and then I got even more angry because I can't afford new clothes, what with receiving no child support last month I'll be lucky to get food on the table let alone buy anything new, and nothing in my town is plus sized. So I kind of rudely said "Well it must be nice to afford new clothes, nothing in this town would fit my fat ***." So I went to see if I had anything at all that I could even squeeze into as since I had the baby I've pretty much been living in yoga pants. And even my fattest of fat jeans won't fit. So I cancelled my dinner reservation and gave it to another friend of mine because I don't even have pants to wear for the dinner. I know it sounds like first world problems...but it's my world, and nothing is going my way today.

junebug44
12-02-2013, 11:20 AM
Well, I'm back after a long break from work. I was really proud of myself for being able to be in control over Thanksgiving where there was stress and food surrounding me :) I'm around 269-270 this morning so I'm going to try and clearly get to the 260's this week. I start WW tomorrow and am really excited about that.

Hope you all have a great day.

Vgibs - hang in there girl. Sending lots of air hugs your way :)

SoSally
12-02-2013, 12:04 PM
Hi again!! Thank you for your welcomes Smsdreamer and VGibs, great to be hear and have the support of people who are really doing it!

VGibs, I know what you mean - my husband luckily hasn't swapped me for a younger model (I'm 25 and so is his new girlfriend) but he has swapped me for a much thinner one. So much for loving me as I am....but I shouldn't be bitter, I think I got a lucky escape as I get more intelligent conversation out of my youngest daughter who's 3.

I'm a new member myself Shelley but welcome to the thread, I think the support on here is going to help me out so much!

How was everyone's Thanksgiving? I had my mom and sister over and we all cooked together which was so lovely. I weighed myself today and I haven't lost anything but I'm happy to just be maintaining after the holidays. This week is going to be different though, no more excuses!!

Have a great week everyone!!

Slashnl
12-02-2013, 01:04 PM
Hi everyone. I haven't been posting much with the holiday and being away from a computer a lot. I weighed at 287 today, so that's better. I don't know how it went down at all as I wasn't being very good.....

I didn't make it to the gym. Again. I know that I am just afraid to go, but I need to get in the door. Gotta get over it and put up with the initial pain again so that I can get back on track.

Welcome to everyone. I haven't been here that long myself, just cracking into the 280's. Hope everyone has a good week.

Lindy87
12-02-2013, 03:37 PM
Hello everyone~Welcome to all the new people! After having a loss after Thanksgiving, I seem to have gained 2 lbs this week! YIKES! Have to start paying more attention to what I put in my mouth.

SMSDREAMER2007
12-02-2013, 08:45 PM
Hey everyone; just a quick check in...holding MAJOR water weight no way I ate an extra 10k cals per day...hopefully its gone by wed.

Dreamgyrl
12-03-2013, 10:20 AM
Hey everyone!:carrot:

I didn't make it to the gym. Again. I know that I am just afraid to go, but I need to get in the door. Gotta get over it and put up with the initial pain again so that I can get back on track....

I wished we lived in the same city as I would go with you. :) I feel the same way when it comes to the gym so I end up not going (and haven't been). I'm paying $10 a month for nothing.

SoSally
12-03-2013, 10:38 AM
Hey V Gibs, I'm sorry, I didn't see your post yesterday! So sorry to hear about your house deal falling through and all your other problems - I hope things start going your way soon! As for the lack of shopping options in your town - it absolutely ****s I know!! I hope despite everything you have a good birthday, sending you birthday hugs from me!

junebug44
12-03-2013, 11:00 AM
Good morning! Hope everyone is doing well...

Sally - I know what you mean about maintaining over Thanksgiving. I stayed about the same and was really happy about that actually. I've found that the key to my success will not be being perfect, but being persistent. In the past, I get caught up on big numbers every week (which you know how long that lasts) until I hit a "no loss week" and throw in the towel. We can do this!

Vgibs - hope you are having a good day :)

dreamer - That thanksgiving salt will be flushed in no time!

Today I start WW. I'm a little nervous but am really excited too. I'll let you know how it goes ;) Have a great OP day everyone!

Lindy87
12-03-2013, 11:06 AM
Hi everyone! Back down to 272.2 today. Not sure why I went up so much over the weekend but glad to be headed down the right direction again today. Maybe today I will actually stay on plan today. Hope everyone has a great day!

Slashnl
12-03-2013, 01:29 PM
Hi all. Nothing new to report. I woke up in time to go to the gym, but didn't go. Tomorrow.... How about you Dreamgrl?

Lindy: glad it came back down for you!

junebug: Good luck with WW!

junebug44
12-03-2013, 07:35 PM
Thanks Slash! Hey I want to get in on the workout for tomorrow! I have been slacking big time. I'll commit to getting myself moving tomorrow if you do ;) You in dreamgirl?

WW went really well. I've never felt judged despite getting myself all psyched out before I go know that I definitely have to be the largest person that they've ever weighed in before ;) I managed to lose over 2 pounds over thanksgiving week according to their scale so I'll take it!!!

SoSally
12-04-2013, 11:33 AM
Hey junebug, glad to hear WW went well, and well done for losing over Thanksgiving!!

Stayed on plan Monday but kind let it go a little yesterday - today will be different though - I started how I mean to go on with cereal and fruit for breakfast and I've made myself a salad to take for a late lunch at work!

CincyShell
12-04-2013, 07:28 PM
Mind if I join you all? My name's Michelle and I just started on here. I'm at 275 lbs right now and really want to make it down to 150'ish. I'm getting over a pretty bad sinus infection, so my workouts this week have been pretty lacking (dealing with horrible headaches/buzzing in ear due to all the gunk in my head). Hoping to really step it up again next week. :)

VGibs1981
12-05-2013, 08:03 AM
Hi guys! Thanks to everyone who told me to have a good day and so forth! I'm just having one of those weeks. But my hunky husband saw how stressed out I was last night and sent me to the gym. Where I killed the elliptical machine. I did a whole uphill climb for 10 minutes which is a major accomplishment for someone who couldn't go 2 minutes 3 weeks ago.

Lindy87
12-05-2013, 09:16 AM
Great job Vgibs! For me I only have 4 words to say: Too much eating yesterday!

SMSDREAMER2007
12-05-2013, 12:38 PM
Wtg!! Idk whats up. My thanksgiving water weight wont go away >. <. Im craving carbs like no other too *cries*

VGibs1981
12-06-2013, 08:23 AM
Booooo Dreamer I know how that feels. I woke up feeling massively bloated and horrible. And then the scale said "You are massively bloated and horrible."

Lindy87
12-07-2013, 01:00 PM
Feel like total crap today. Sore throat from ****. Didn't sleep good last night either. Maybe I will actually lose some weight because of this. Supposed to go to a giant fundraiser tonight for my son's Cooperstown tournament team. Hoping that I fell a little better by then so I can go.

VGibs1981
12-09-2013, 10:12 AM
Hope your throat cleared up Lindy! I have a massive sore throat as well. Blergh.

SoSally
12-09-2013, 11:44 AM
Welcome Michelle!! You're the same weight as me and we have similar goal weights. Good luck!!

Hope you feel better soon Lindy and VGibs!

I weighed in today with a half pound loss so I'm down to 274.5, it's nothing to write home about but it's still a small step in the right direction

CincyShell
12-09-2013, 12:58 PM
Thanks SoSally!

I am sore today! Hubby and I put up a shelf and some rails in my kitchen so I could have all my pans hanging up/spot for bake-ware and cookbooks, and then all my spices out where I can see them (love me some good spices!). Who knew drilling and holding and screwing in screws could be such an arm workout? :) I'm very happy with the way they turned out.
https://scontent-a-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/q71/s720x720/1452113_10200226154016337_492628681_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/q71/s720x720/1451411_10200226154216342_1916872686_n.jpg

Lindy87
12-09-2013, 01:59 PM
Loving what your hubby did CincyShell!
Still feeling like crap. Went to the dr. today and he put me on Prednizone, levaquin and a nasal spray. Hoping to feel better soon. My head just feels so clogged. I totally dislike colds. I did go to WW to weigh in and I am vack down to 271.8. At least i lost almost 3 lbs.

VGibs1981
12-10-2013, 08:26 AM
I soooooo have to show my husband that spice rack!!!!!!!!!!! I have been looking for one for years that would work with all my spices.

Lindy87
12-10-2013, 10:10 AM
Feeling a bit better today. Snowing like crazy here. Supposed to get 2-5 inches. Just enough to make the roads a disaster. Looks real pretty though from my office window.

CincyShell
12-10-2013, 12:50 PM
Thanks! I'm loving it too. Makes it so much easier to see what I have and I can use spices that I've kinda "forgotten" I've had. :)

We got snow last night--we were suppose to get 0-2 inches, and we got around 4 inches. Schools were closed, which meant I had a snow day too (yay!).

SoSally
12-11-2013, 11:53 AM
Love the spice rack! Everything looks so neat and organized! I love cooking with spices too, and just cooking in general!

I'm in Alabama so we don't much snow down here!

Lindy87
12-12-2013, 04:09 PM
Still sick here. Feeling horrible and stayed home from work. Such a busy time of years for working in my church. Tomorrow is our cookie trail and pork roast dinner and I don't want to bake because I will get my germs all over the goodies. Wish I was feeling better.

junebug44
12-13-2013, 10:57 AM
Hope you are feeling better Lindy! I've been totally off of my normal routine since we've had a week full of snow/ice and closures at work. I managed to hit my first goal of 5% though so I feel good about that. I need to get refocused since I've noticed myself starting to make not the best choices. Have a great weekend everyone!

junebug44
12-13-2013, 10:59 AM
So I totally just noticed that this is the 280's/270's thread. I'm just so used to posting here with you ladies! I guess I should head to the next group...see you all soon :) Thanks for all of the support and encouragement!

Lindy87
12-13-2013, 12:35 PM
Still sick. Went into work just to get what needed to be done for the weekend and then came home. Weighed in at 270 today so I am real excited about that. Hoping that this momentum keeps going.

Deana509
12-14-2013, 11:00 PM
Hello! I am sitting in the 270's currently, and so I thought I'd find a group that are in the same boat as me!
Hope you all are having a fabulous weekend!

Lindy87
12-16-2013, 04:31 PM
Weighed it today at WW and I was 268.2! YIPPEE! Onto the 260s group for me. Looking forward to seeing you all there real soon. Hopefully I won't gain and be back in the 270s. Bye for now and good luck to everyone!

SoSally
12-17-2013, 12:08 PM
Bye bye junebug!! Well done!!

I'm down to 273.8 today, a small loss of 0.7 pounds. I always heard people lose more in the first few weeks but I'm finding it real hard. I try to cut down my calories but I just end up so hungry later in the day, I'm trying to eat 1500 calories but it just doesn't fill me up and I always go over.

Can anyone give me tips for meals and snacks that will prolong my feelings of fullness? Thank you!!

VGibs1981
12-18-2013, 04:05 PM
If anyone is wondering where I am...please refer to my blog right here!!!! (http://ifailatdiets.blogspot.ca/) Please feel free to comment and share it!

therecoveringfatchic
12-19-2013, 12:56 PM
Hi guys! I'm sorry I haven't posted as much as I would have liked, I have been so extremely busy the last two months. That being said, congrats to all of you and your losses. I am officially out of the 270's and switching groups. Hope to see all of you there soon!

ShellydeFlores
12-28-2013, 01:40 AM
Hi ladies. I feel horrible for saying I'd like to join the group and then just not participating. Life has run away with me I guess. Started a new job in a physical therapy clinic to which all the patients bring in food....every friggin day. It has been a horrible wake up call. I have gained weight and it has really gotten to me. My self esteem is pretty low right now. I weighed in at 264.8. I know this is a 270's/280's thread but I hope you all won't kick me out for it. My original starting weight back in May of 2010 was 287. I got down to 237 and then over this last year have gained a good portion of that back obviously. Attempting to get my life back together to get it back down. Christmas has not been a help.

Anyway. I hope everyone is doing well with this holiday season. I gained a pound over Christmas...which I guess isn't much but still upsetting since I am trying to reach a weight loss goal of 2lbs a week.

I hope this doesn't come off as a downer to anyone but my curiosity is peaked with this topic. For the single girls, if there are any here, do you see your weight as a contributing factor to being single? I am struggling with this idea right now and I seem to always play the second fiddle to guys I am talking with or attempting to reach any type of relationship with. It always ends with them losing interest with me or saying, "I'm not looking for anything serious right now" but then being in a relationship with someone 2 weeks later. It happens every time. Most recently with someone who I have been friends with since sophmore year in high school. A real heart breaker for me. Anyway, does anyone else have these thoughts are go through this same bad luck?

CourtneyDaisey
12-29-2013, 11:02 AM
Hello everyone. :wave: I left the 290's behind this morning so I've joined your thread. It's nice to see the end of that evil weight decade. Still, I hope the 280's and 270's don't hang with me for too long.

Here's to seeing all of us drop this weight and move on to the 260's thread! :)

kbeckyj
12-30-2013, 12:30 AM
. For the single girls, if there are any here, do you see your weight as a contributing factor to being single?

I'm single and I know my weight is a contributing factor. In my case it's not the weight alone...its the fact that I let it affect my personality. After a few weeks it makes the guys tired. No one wants to keep dating someone that holds back or seems to eager due to low self esteem. This is only in my case though, that may not apply to you. Either way, I know as soon as we stop wanting things so badly, the easier it will come to us.

Lindy87
12-30-2013, 02:42 PM
Well back up to 273. :eating2: So basically I have stayed the same this month which I guess is not that bad. Hoping to get back on track this week. Ugh! Can't believe that I let myself eat too much this week. :rollpin:

musicteacher82
12-31-2013, 06:26 PM
Hello ladies! I just joined the site today. My current weight is 276. I'm looking forward to sharing this journey with you all!

skinnyki
01-01-2014, 11:48 AM
Hello all Just left the 290s thread well I been out of it a couple of weeks now. Seeing how things are going in the 280s/ 270s thread :). Just a little abt myself I am 36 and I calorie counter so im on that forum as well. Excited to start the new year ! So I wrote down all my goals for this year. I plan on seeing Onederland this yea!. Imagine that just writing that goal got me too excited. I havent been under 200s at all in my adult life. I don't think. I remember being 185 in like the eight grade or something like that. That weight even though the BMI charts dont think so is actually a great weight for me. Well anyway looking forward to 2014 and all the blessings it has in store for me.

CourtneyDaisey
01-01-2014, 02:56 PM
Welcome skinnyki! :wave:

Happy New Year everyone! I'm looking forward to seeing all of us reach our goals this year. So far I know I am on the right track. I went to the gym this morning and swam for an hour and 45 minutes. Tomorrow morning my husband and I will be hitting the gym again. We're planning on going every Tuesday and Thursday morning and again on either Saturday or Sunday. If we can go any other times it's a bonus! :)

I'm really looking forward to these pants of mine that are so tight being comfortable again. Shoot, these tight pants I have used to be too loose for me to wear. I'm ready to get back to that point and beyond!

lookin2lose
01-02-2014, 10:50 AM
Happy New Year! I'm joining your thread....280lbs...back in 2010 I got down to 171 because of these 10-20lbs goal threads. I'm ready to battle this weight again...and for the last time!!! Good luck to all of you!!

Lindy87
01-02-2014, 11:20 AM
Welcome to all the new ladies! I am back up to 274.4 after just eating everything the past 2 days. Starting back on track today. I MUST stop eating the snacks that I buy for my skinny stick figure children. So funny how my husband and I are so overweight and my 16 year old daughter is absolutely perfect for her height and weight and my 12 year old son is underweight and not even on the chart at the dr. Where did they come from? Hoping this new year is a much more healthier one for all of us. Happy New Year to all! :newyear:

musicteacher82
01-02-2014, 07:31 PM
I am trying to motivate myself to workout tonight. I have been sick and on antibiotics for a week. Today I went bak to the doctor and found out I have bronchitis. My goal is to walk 1 mile with on of my Leslie Sansone dvd's. It's just so hard to get myself off the couch!!

Slashnl
01-03-2014, 12:07 PM
Been so out of touch over the past 3 weeks! But getting things back to normal after the holidays. Monday is weigh in day, so exciting........
I'm back at the gym on Monday too. It's time to face the 2 weeks or so that will hurt until I get back in my routine. I need to get back to counting calories and checking in here too.

You know, it works so well you quit doing it!

CourtneyDaisey
01-05-2014, 08:51 AM
I hope you're feeling better now musicteacher82! Being sick is definitely no fun. I've been dealing with a sinus infection so i understand a little about feeling crummy.

Good job on starting back at the gym on Monday Slashnl! :cheer: It's helping me!

Well, today's my weigh in day and I'm down 5.2 for the week and down a total of 7 since starting. Sweet! I know at my current weight this is just a drop in the bucket but it's a step in the right direction! :carrot: So I am at 283.6 now. I'm getting close to getting out of the 280's!

redjb7
01-06-2014, 04:51 PM
I am new (at least recently). Starting today at one of my highs (go up and down). Ready to break the 270's

Lindy87
01-06-2014, 05:47 PM
Weighed in at WW today and back down to 271.6. On my way back down and hopefully staying there this time.

Slashnl
01-07-2014, 11:31 AM
Well, technically, I'm back up over 290 and not in this group. But I'm getting it back below 290 by next week. Or else. So, I'm staying. :) I didn't make it back to the gym on Monday, but made it this morning. It has been a long time, so my big goal was to get there. I didn't push too hard because I'm in pathetic shape, but I made it there. I'm going to take it easy this week and then step it back up next week.

Good job to Lindy87 and CourtneyDaisy!!! Way to go!

Welcome to redjb7! You can do it!

skinnyki
01-08-2014, 09:02 PM
..................weight staying the same. That is all......

Slashnl
01-10-2014, 01:03 PM
Hey everyone, how's it going this week? I am glad that I made it to the gym 3 days this week, finally. I've been putting it off for so long, it did feel good to be back. I took it really easy, claiming victory just for walking in the door. Next week I hope to go back to Spin class and Body Pump class. I'm scared and I know it will hurt, but it worked wonders before. I know it will be better once I get used to it again. Gotta start somewhere.

skinnyki - At least it didn't go up.... I know, that doesn't help. I hope you have a loss soon! I chuckled at your post, though. I know the frustration!

skinnyki
01-11-2014, 09:12 AM
At a weight loss plateau. How do I get out of it? Any ideas please.share. I am getting very frustrated. Trying to be patient with myself.

CanadianCutie
01-11-2014, 06:53 PM
Slinking back in to this thread after being in the 270s about 6 months ago. Had a bit of a setback, but now I'm ready to get going. I weighed in at 289 today, that was the kick in the pants I needed. Nice to meet you all.
Getting back in the habit of getting veggies back into the daily routine. Not quite sure how I got out of that.

skinnyki
01-12-2014, 08:33 AM
Read online that the "plateau" I hit really is due to calorie creeping. Which is true I have been eating more if I really think abt it. So now its time to get down to business and stop making excuaes for myself. Also maybe not weigh daily and more like weekly since Im staring exercising. Idk maybe after January.

Shawk
01-12-2014, 08:45 AM
Welcome to all the new ladies! I am back up to 274.4 after just eating everything the past 2 days. Starting back on track today. I MUST stop eating the snacks that I buy for my skinny stick figure children. So funny how my husband and I are so overweight and my 16 year old daughter is absolutely perfect for her height and weight and my 12 year old son is underweight and not even on the chart at the dr. Where did they come from? Hoping this new year is a much more healthier one for all of us. Happy New Year to all! :newyear:

I had a similar issue, so I can relate. We addressed this issue by simply starting our children on a healthy diet as well, this way as they get older and metabolism slow down they have a better chance of staying slim.

so we have a NO Snack Home, No soda Home ! lol he doesnt even miss it though we replace the snacks with lots of fresh fruits, sweet ones like mango and papaya and we make a lot of fruit only smoothie in the blender by just tossing in a few fruits of your choice :):carrot: its fun once they get the idea

CourtneyDaisey
01-12-2014, 09:26 AM
Today I sent the 280's packing and have joined the 2709's with a weight of 279.8! :cheer: I am down a total of 10.8 pounds since I began my journey the day after Christmas.

:carrot: :dance: :carrot: :dance: :carrot:

I am definitely making progress! And...the pair of size 18 jeans in my closet that I couldn't zip ten pounds ago can zip now! they're still tight but at least they zip! It's definitely progress!

Here's to breezing through the 270's as well!

musicteacher82
01-12-2014, 02:03 PM
Thanks Courtney. I am still feeling a little under the weather. This bronchitis is really lingering. I haven't been able to work out though because breathing has been difficult. I was at the doctor,the other day and I am down to 267. I am hoping that now that I can eat more than soup I will continue to lose!

CanadianCutie
01-12-2014, 06:13 PM
I am very proud of myself. My parents are ordering pizza (hubby and I rent their basement), they asked if we wanted some ordered too. Hubby and I talked it over and agreed no, we'll stick with the pre-planned chicken, veggies and rice. We won't be tempted by their pizza either as we don't like the crust/toppings they order (we prefer handtossed).

skinnyki
01-13-2014, 06:42 AM
Down a lb today whew it has been rough this new year. Increased my water intake and had to decrease my calories. Hopefully I stay on a role now. I was getting scared. Was so happy this am to change my ticker It had been the same for abt a month!! Its a constant battle. Feeling better. :)

Lindy87
01-13-2014, 10:11 AM
Having a hard time getting back on track. Hoping that I get my mind back on the eating healthy mode instead of stuffing myself with junk. Not looking forward to weigh in at WW today.

lookin2lose
01-13-2014, 10:31 AM
272.8 as of Friday...after this weekend I'm not weighing in for a few more days. Dealing with a sick toddler last week and on Saturday starting to come down with it myself has proven to be a little difficult focusing on my exercise...which keeps me on tracking with my eating plan too.

skinnyki
01-15-2014, 06:54 AM
Slowly creeping down. Increasing water intake has been the key although it can be hard to get those 10 cups down Ive been doing it for the past 3 days and my weight has decreased alot. I was retaining water abt 4lbs of of it bc as soon as I increased my water my weight dropped. Also started to watch my sodium intake which helped a lot. So ready to be out of the 280s and change my ticker! The weight loss has been slow but steady and I am almost down 25 although some people may not be able to tell yet. But I certainly can and any time I get down on my weight I look at where I started and bc very proud of myself. I know I will get to where I wanna be one day. And as soon as do I will make my guy friend eat his words. He says he trying to be supportive but when I tell him I have lost 20+ pounds he makes comments like no u dont look like u lost that much..that is a lot of weight and u are a till in the same size basically. Which I am but my clothes were basically stretch jeans and things like that. So they still fit but just recently im noticing they are getting a little saggy. But anyway I dont let his comments get to me. I know where I am at and im not doing it for him anyway although the look on his face will be priceless when im done. I am doing this for me! To become healthier and to look good and feel good ! Life is too short not to have sone p leasure in it. And I love clothes and fashion and I am going enjoy pampering myself for my accomplishments.

lookin2lose
01-15-2014, 01:40 PM
270.4 this morning....almost moving to the next group!! HAPPY GIRL!

livcarter
01-17-2014, 02:06 PM
Hi everyone! I did my weekly weigh in today and I was at 287.6 so I decided to move down to this decade thread.

skinnyki
01-17-2014, 08:19 PM
Congrats!!! Livcarter!!!

PhantomPanda
01-17-2014, 10:20 PM
So I have been stuck in the 280's for a long time now (almost or atleast a year). I really want to get out...how...I don't know.

skinnyki
01-18-2014, 08:49 AM
I understand PhantomPanda. I been in the 280s for a while and so ready to bust thru it is a hard area to get out of this I know. But we can do it just make some adjustments. Like me im going to adjust sodium increase water and add exercise plus my eating habits haven't been great. I count calories so I log everything I eat and I eat something bad everday. Like a couple of cookies.. or a small brownie or a biscuit..you get my drift. Starting today I am start a no sweet challenge for my self for the next 7 days. Just to see if that will make a difference in my weight loss this week. Good luck and getting out the 280s can be done people do it all the time. I am determined to get it done I cant continue like this.

CanadianCutie
01-18-2014, 09:14 AM
Woke up to 284.4 this morning. Very happy with this, and I'll keep plugging along. Happy Saturday to you all.

CourtneyDaisey
01-19-2014, 09:49 AM
Welcomd licvarter! :cheer:

I'm down a pound this week. It was unexpected as I am dealing with a yucky sinus infection and a cold on top of it. It's progress! Next week I am hoping to get to the gym more often. I only made it there once this past week due to lack of energy from being sick.

CharityMarie
01-19-2014, 02:29 PM
Still sort of new to this site but I just stumbled upon these decade threads and I love them and the motivation of getting to move to another one! I weigh in every Wednesday so 3 more days to go but as of last week I was 279

I really want to be out of the 270's by the end of January!! Might be really hard =(

skinnyki
01-19-2014, 05:25 PM
Welcome Charity! Im new to this post and I like it. Able to communicate with people who are in ur same boat so to speak. Down a lb today:carrot: slowly but surely im making it.

CourtneyDaisey
01-19-2014, 08:21 PM
Welcome CharityMarie! :)

Slashnl
01-20-2014, 11:44 AM
Hi everyone! Weighed in at 288.2 today, so I'm glad to be in this group. I hope it is a short stay, of course, on my way down, but glad to be out of 290's. Just trying to keep up with exercise and calorie counting!

CharityMarie
01-20-2014, 03:47 PM
I work in a group home and our scale always says the same thing as my doctors scale does.

Well today I had my one month check-in with my doctor on my weight management, so even though I will be weighing in on Wednesday as usual I was still really excited to be down a pound!

I love getting to move my ticker down. =)

Lindy87
01-21-2014, 10:45 AM
Well I finally am getting back on track. Back down to 270.2 today. So excited! It feels good when the scale is going down. The only problem is to keep it going down.
Welcome to all the new people. Wishing you all success!

Slashnl
01-21-2014, 11:58 AM
So, I barely kept under my calorie goal yesterday. I had spin class in the morning and had my usual breakfast, but I was hungry most of the day. I think with the intensity of spin class, I might need to have a slightly bigger breakfast so that I'm not hungry all day long. I had a pretty big dinner, more than I should have, but fortunately was under my calorie goal by 20. I can't push it like that again.

And then, at night, I felt too full. Must do some tweaking, I guess.

CharityMarie
01-24-2014, 02:17 AM
I've had a few great days with calorie counting and going to the gym after work each day -

Scale says 273

I know I'll probably be impatient with every weight decade but I really want to hit 267 - that'd be 10% body weight gone. UUUUGGGH GO FASTER!! haha

Still proud of myself and these forums for motivation and all of you =)

skinnyki
01-24-2014, 04:20 AM
Congrats Charity! way to go!

It is TOM for me and I know I am retaining water I weigh daily but this month I am staying away from the scale bc I cant handle the numbers this month. Usually I still weigh even when its the TOM but this month I know my pysch cant handle it so ill wait it out. I think it bc I was doing so well and proud of the fact that the scale finally changed. I cant bare to see those numbers right now.
I had a bad day yesterday and went over my calorie intake bc i let my cravings get the best of me. I told myself I will give myself one day to splurge and get right back on the horse today. So today and from now on I will be under my calorie intake. I cant give up Im so ready to get out of the 280s! To see the the 270s will be a sweet victory for me. The weird part is I was in the 270s when I was pregnant with my first child that was almost 16 years ago. I mean I lost weight and have gotten smaller than that before but I distinctly remember the 270s bc the doctor made a comment about my weight and my weight gain when I was in my last trimester. So although 270s is a far cry from where I want to be it is also a jump from the 310 I had allowed myself to get.
I just need to buckle down and do this! The summer and spring time is coming soon and I want to be ready :) even if I am not exactly where I want to be when spring/summer hit I will still be totally different from where I was last year. This makes me happy and proud of myself for actually doing it. Some days this calorie counting is hard others I hate to say it it is easy as pie bc I dont feel deprived and nothing is ever really off limits this makes me feel better bc I have the control not this monster of a diet that tells me what I can and cant have.

Cheers to the wonderful people of the 280s and 270s we can do this!!!!! Here's to seeing you on the down swoop!!! Bc I will be in the 260s forum next!! Just writing that gets me excited! Keep up the great work!☆☆☆☆★★☆

Slashnl
01-24-2014, 11:12 AM
Good job, Charity!! Nice number!!

Skinnyki, you can do it!! And, you're so right, spring and summer are coming. Hard to hide fat under fewer clothes!! It's funny that you mentioned your current weight being a reminder for you. I stepped on the scale today and it showed 287 (not official for me until Monday's weigh in, so I'm not changing my ticker), and I couldn't figure out why that number stood out to me. Until I realized that it was my previous starting weight from before. Glad I'm back to it, I guess. But that was a lot of effort to re-lose the stupid weight again.

skinnyki
01-25-2014, 07:42 AM
Slashnl the good thing is that u did something abt it. Keep up the good work!

The past 2 days have been hard calorie wise. I have been over and it sucks im afraid to get on the scale bc I dnt want to see the water weight and gain from the TOM. so I decided to take a break. Hopefully today will be better my goal to is to stay under 1800 calories and drink all 10 glasses of my water. Its a constant struggle but I can and will do this I cant wait to get out of the 280s. You have no idea how bad I want this.

Nsv-yesterday as I was cleaning my favorite sweats were falling off of me. It felt great although I know it looked awful. So I am losing despite my bad eating the past few days. I also noticed thay my clothing is getting loose. I had to go down a size in my work scrubs which is great!

Lindy87
01-26-2014, 03:04 PM
Back down to 270 this morning. We'll see what the scale says at WW tomorrow. My hubby is going in for knee surgery tomorrow so hoping that I can go and weigh in. Hoping to lose some more while he is home. We tend to eat out a lot and I told the kids that while daddy is home fro work we will need to cut back on the eating out thing. Thinking that will help a lot although I do try to eat healthy when we go out but sometimes I just want to east something fattening. The snow here is also a deterrent. The roads were so bad yesterday that we did not go out for the last time before his surgery. Hoping that the snow starts to calm down here. Not used to having snow every few days.

CanadianCutie
01-26-2014, 04:17 PM
Lindy, I hope your hubby's surgery goes well. I know how stressful that can be. During our engagement my husband had to have disc replacement surgery on his back.

I only lost .2 pounds this week, but I did have to eat out a couple days during the week, so I'm guessing a lot of the lack of loss was water retention, as I didn't make bad choices overall.

Slashnl
01-27-2014, 11:01 AM
I lost 1.4 pounds last week. I'm pretty happy with that, although I'd love to see it go down faster. But, I had a good week of staying mostly on plan and exercising. I'm just really glad to put a little distance between me and 290. I love the thought of getting into the 270's. Went to spin class today. It is getting better each time I go and I don't feel like I'm going to die anymore. But it is still hard!

CharityMarie
01-27-2014, 05:34 PM
I'm addicted to weighing myself every day at work but my official weigh day is on Wednesdays ...

But today the scale told me 270 so with any luck by wednesday I'll shimmy on down to the next decade thread. I'll keep ya posted =D

Slashnl
01-28-2014, 10:52 AM
Yay, Charity! Hope that number goes down for you!

I went to Body Pump today and I'm feeling the pain. I missed it on Thursday, so I think that might have caused a little of it.

It's so hard to be patient about losing. You just want to see immediate results! But, that's when you can get off track too, so need to stay focused and disciplined. I guess. :)

skinnyki
01-28-2014, 01:59 PM
Im stil up a pound or two boping it is water weight from that TOM and I will go down soon. Fingers crossed my eating habits were bad this time. :( Not going to give up I just need to be patient it will go down. One day at a time.

CharityMarie
01-29-2014, 02:40 AM
Down to 269 - I'm going to move down to the next decade.. I know I've been sole focus on my weight loss (diet and gym 5x a week) and I am painfully aware that I've been losing my weight pretty fast.. I already know it's going to take way longer to move out of the next thread. I hope to catch you all there, thank you so much for keeping me on point every day!

Slashnl
01-29-2014, 12:24 PM
Well, made it to spin this morning. I had peaked at the scale and nothing has changed since Monday. I need to stay off of the scale now until next Monday so I don't start playing mind games with myself. Patience......

Hang in there Skinnyki! Keep pushing forward! It will come back off!

Congrats CharityMarie!

Slashnl
01-31-2014, 01:50 PM
Thought I'd bump this back up to the top again.

Went to Spin this morning, so that made 5 days of gym work. I'm happy. My one quad muscle is a little sore, but now I can take it a little easier for the weekend.

How's everyone?

Lindy87
01-31-2014, 06:15 PM
My husband's surgery went well and he is doing awesome. Even though I had the week off fro work, I did some work from home and dealt with lots of drama that is going on there. Very stressful week and not really watching too much what I have been eating. I think that I have at least stayed the same. After this week I need someone to kick by butt into gear. I have just not been doing this weight loss thing and I need to find some motivation to actually do it. You would think that going ona vacation in April and needing to get on a plane and also go on a cruise would help but my love of food has just not been off my mind to concentrate on losing weight. I have to get my mind set correct and then hopeful I will find success.

Slashnl
02-03-2014, 11:45 AM
Lindy, glad to hear about your husband. It is tough going through stuff like that! Hang in there and make this a better week!

I weighed in today and went up by .2 lbs. Dang. But, will keep plugging along.

skinnyki
02-03-2014, 02:05 PM
Hi all just some words of encouragement. We can do this!!!! Just keep going never give up!

skinnyki
02-05-2014, 07:00 AM
Lots of water retention from yesterday. I had a lot of processed foods and high sodium foods the past two days. Time to buckle down and get it together I cant keep having these set backs I should have been out of the the 280s!!! Will be more diligent on my carb intake and sodium intake!!!! We u know better you do better!

Slashnl
02-05-2014, 11:43 AM
Been having a rough couple of days. Last Friday, I think I tweaked my knee at spin class, so I've been trying to take it a little easy. It seems like when I take it easy on exercise, I also take it easy on staying on plan for food. Then, with the Super Bowl, I had some junk for meals, too. It doesn't help.....

So, back to the gym this morning, and spin class again. I think my knee is fine now and just need to get back up and going. I feel better already and way more focused.

Skinnyki, it sounds like you are refocusing, too! Way to go!! We can do it!!!

sept2012
02-05-2014, 11:54 AM
Hey Slashni I took my first spin class in 10 years yesterday and loved it. We are around the same weight. lets get out of the 280's at the same time!!! Ready???

skinnyki
02-05-2014, 09:29 PM
My goal for the month of February is to get out of the 280s for good! I know I can do this WE can do it! Let's go! I peeped in the 270s 260s group and it looks like they are having lots of fun!

Small victory: I am a nurse so I wear scrubs went down a size in the pants first day wearing them today and got lots of compliments. I had one nurse pull me to the side and say what have I been doing? She said she been meaning to say something but just hadnt.. she even went as far as to ask me for some advice on calorie counting it felt so good :) so even tho the scale isnt moving I am losing inches and people are finally starting to notice!

Avezy44
02-05-2014, 09:39 PM
280s feels like it's taking me forever. I imagine 270s probably will too. I can't wait to hit a good roll and just start losing more consistently. Hoping to be close to out of the 280s by the end of the week. Kicked butt in bootcamp tonight. I am so worn out.

fillupthesky
02-05-2014, 10:46 PM
hey all...
i been MIA for a hot minute. sorry to have fallen off...i do hope everyone is well. i'm almost out of the 270's :) just gotta update my ticker.
how are you all doing???

Slashnl
02-06-2014, 11:47 AM
Hi everyone! Just about had myself talked out of going to the gym today. I hate it when I give myself options not to go. I debated for awhile, but then finally decided I better go or I'd feel bad all day. I had to hurry and just made it in time for Body Pump. Little victory!

I'm getting into a weight loss contest at work. You put in $20, and then at the end of 7 weeks, whoever loses the larges percentage, wins the whole pot. I want it!!! So, I have to really focus and get to losing. There are younger, smaller people entering, so they won't have as many pounds to lose, so I'l need to kick it into high gear!

Sept2012 - Yep, we are about the same! We definitely should keep encouraging each other to get out of these 280's!!! I'm so ready!

Skinnyki - Good job! Love it that people notice when you've worked so hard!

SmallSteps
02-06-2014, 03:44 PM
Speaking as someone who started at 298 and made it to 242. Each decade seems like it takes forever. My mistake getting off track and regaining so I have to lose those same pounds over. I am determined though my body and scale don't seem to believe it yet LOL!

This morning weigh in was:
06. ~ 274.6 (+3.2) Okay Okay fine I admitted it when the groundhog predicted 6 more weeks of winter I ate him!!

Honestly I know it is not possible to gain 4.2 pounds in 3 days but I really do not know what is going on with me I usually have a whoosh after my period.

So here I am back with all you nice ladies fighting the good fight! We can do it!!

sept2012
02-06-2014, 03:55 PM
I know for some reason I am struggling with the same few lbs right now. Its crazy but it probably has to do with the fact that I started working out again, pretty hard, on Feb 1st. I am waiting for that moment I step on the scale and see 279 again. Then 269 again and finally 259 again. Once those are gone I will be working off new weight :)

Avezy44
02-07-2014, 10:26 AM
Today I had an awesome woosh! Hoping to be in the 270s tomorrow! Literally only .3 pounds until that happens.

Slashnl
02-07-2014, 11:36 AM
Official weigh-in is Monday for me. I sneaked a peek this morning and it was down very slightly. I hope it is better by Monday. We are also starting our weight loss challenge on Monday. I'm looking forward to the competition with the women in my office. And... I want to win the money!!!! So, please don't let me have any kind of plateau or stall in the next 7 weeks!!

Sept2012 - Now I can't remember where I was before I regained. I'll have to look back in my record keeping. That's a good thing to look forward to, losing new weight rather than re-losing the old weight.

Avezy - So close! Good for you!

Small Steps - Glad you joined us. We'll all have to work through these slow losing times!!

SmallSteps
02-07-2014, 02:05 PM
~ 272.0 (-2.6) Okay we are going the right direction again, hopefully it is a trend!

skinnyki
02-07-2014, 06:19 PM
Hey all all I want to say is KEEP GOING NEVER GIVE UP!

Avezy44
02-09-2014, 12:47 AM
I broke out of the 280s!!! Now to break out of the 270s! Oh man I am so excited!! :)

skinnyki
02-09-2014, 12:29 PM
Finally 285.4 havent bern able to get lower than that hopefully this is my week:)

Congrats Avezy44 on getting out of the 280s!!!! Hopefully I will be with u soon. Change that I will be with u soon :)

Slashnl
02-10-2014, 12:08 PM
Had an exciting bigger loss last week, 2.6 pounds. I'm happy to be on the lower side of the 280's now. And, just started the weight loss challenge here at work, so I need a good 7 weeks of focus and staying on plan. I'm ready!

Looks like a few have had some good weigh ins! Good news!

Avezy44
02-10-2014, 01:36 PM
I am literally so close!!! in about 8 pounds I'll be out of the 270s!!!

SmallSteps
02-10-2014, 04:29 PM
Thanks Diane! I said the last time I would not be here again and then life happened and here I am again!

Slashnl
02-11-2014, 11:14 AM
Small Steps - I know... I hate that I said before that I'll never let it go again! I'll never be over 260 again. Yep. But, I guess we just need to try again.

It's felt good to me to at least get over the apathy thing I had going. It still can be incredibly frustrating, but I'm focusing on just trying to get to the 270's again for now. Little goals!

Have a great day everyone!

Slashnl
02-12-2014, 11:19 AM
Hello everyone! Just a quick post to bump this back up to the top! Went to spin class today, hoping to have a good loss by next Monday, so I'm working hard at it! I'm looking forward to having 15 pounds lost showing on my ticker.

Hope everyone is having a good day!

Avezy44
02-12-2014, 11:36 AM
I think I was wrong about the 270s the weight seems to be falling off... then again the last 2 pounds always proves the most difficult. Down another pound today which puts me at 277

Avezy44
02-13-2014, 09:25 AM
Omg! I can't even handle it! I am 1 pound from a 20lb loss and 1 pound from the halfway out of the 270s!!!! eeek!

Slashnl
02-13-2014, 11:34 AM
Omg! I can't even handle it! I am 1 pound from a 20lb loss and 1 pound from the halfway out of the 270s!!!! eeek!

Awesome!!! You should be so proud and so excited!!

I heard one of my coworkers had a 5 pound loss this week. Dang. That is really good! With this weight loss challenge, I think that many will see a quick drop, since they just started diet and exercise plans. I haven't weighed myself yet, will do that Monday, unless I sneak a peek tomorrow morning. I better stay on track or I won't have a chance to win!!!

And, would love to see 270 sooner!

Mori M
02-13-2014, 02:24 PM
i haven't been here in a long while. Totally messed up and now back up to 270.

skinnyki
02-13-2014, 10:17 PM
Hello all still staying the same I know its my diet. Starting weight training hopefully that will help.
Avezy...congrats! ! U are doing awesome!!! Keep up the good work!

Slashnl
02-14-2014, 12:40 PM
Welcome Mori!

Took a peek at the scale this morning. The good news is that it isn't up. But it also isn't down. The exact same weight as Monday. I'm hoping by next Monday it dips down a little!!!!

Lindy87
02-15-2014, 09:58 AM
Still hanging around here just haven't posted in a while. Struggling unbelievably. The past 2 weeks have been eating everything in sight and even if I am not hungry I find I am eating. I have not gotten my period this month. Assuming peri-meopause so I am wondering if my hormones are a little wacky. Had a dream that I actually exercised; maybe because i have shoveled more snow this month than ever in my life. Maybe I am eating because of it snowing every other day here which it never has done before. Anyway, my rant is over and I need to get my behind in gear. Thanks for letting me vent. (ps: my ticker is a lie)

skinnyki
02-15-2014, 09:36 PM
Lol Lindy 87. I don't change my ticker either only if it is going down. I refuse to add lbs. It's too permanent for me so I keep it and use it as motivation to get it down. I have been in the 285 286+ range for almost a month. I decreased my calories starting today bc I obviously was eating for maintenance. So we will see how this works I have to admit this is hard. I'm gonna have to start exercising just so I can eat more...I love food. Here's to getting out of the 280s...I am so ready! I think I've said that numerous times before. :twirly:

Slashnl
02-16-2014, 07:24 PM
Waiting for official weigh in tomorrow. I sneaked a little peek, again, and it was down .2

Ugh.

Avezy44
02-16-2014, 08:08 PM
I've been stuck at 276 for what seems like forever. Cannot wait to break it! haha

Avezy44
02-16-2014, 08:12 PM
Also, thanks everyone! :) I always miss when people comment something at me on here. haha Not ignorning, I promise :) Hope everyone had a great weekend and stayed on track!

Slashnl
02-17-2014, 02:44 PM
Well, down .4 pounds. .4 Should be happy, but I was hoping for a little more than that. I know that my weight loss has never been linear, but I hate the weeks that you work so hard, have remained focused, tracked every single calorie, and yet you can't even lose a full pound.

Oh well, I'm keeping focused and will keep moving on. There is no other option!!!

CharityMarie
02-17-2014, 03:36 PM
So is it weird I secretly pop back up and check on how you guys are doing? I need some of you to come join me in the 250-260 thread! I've been stuck in these darn 60's forever.. hurry up and come on down!

skinnyki
02-18-2014, 03:02 AM
Slashn. 0.4lb is almost a half a lb so that's great but I understand your frustration. :hug:

CharityMarie. I plan on getting there soon give me a couple of months:) it's not weird at all. I still check the 280s/290s thread. I dont knw why I just do.

Down a whole 1.4 lb :carrot: the only thing I'm worried abt is that I over ate today so I'm afraid to get back on the scale this morning and see that dreaded 285 or worse. I know it won't be actual fat but still It iis depressing.

Today I plan on being much better than I was yesterday I just was so soo hungry yesterday because I started the day wrong with too much chocolate smh and a donut. :( trying not to beat myself up about it but I have got to do better! I finally got out of the 285 and I do this ugh frustrated with myself! Maybe I shouldn't get on the scale today but I am forcing myself so that I can see the effects of my bad behavior.

4 more pounds to go until I can add another carrot!!! Yay!! And 30 lbs off so ready to get out of 280s! I know I can do it. TOM coming soon so I know the chocolate binge at work was bc of this. I will try not to weigh mmyself during this time but I'm obsessed.

Lindy87
02-18-2014, 12:19 PM
Seem to have gotten by eating back in check. Going to go to WW tomorrow and see how much I gained. I blame snow for all my eating. LOL!

Slashnl
02-18-2014, 12:32 PM
Hi all. Nothing new for me today, just reporting in.

Lindy87: You are so close to breaking through to the 260's!! Exciting!

Skinnyki: Hope it doesn't set you back at all. I know how those days are, you just give in sometimes!

skinnyki
02-18-2014, 01:28 PM
Thanks Slash didn't hurt myself too bad still in 284s :) Determined to stay on plan today. Staff has been brining in donuts all week! One my biggest weaknesses. I will be strong! Hope all is well

skinnyki
02-18-2014, 09:03 PM
Made it with out eatng any donuts... did have some chocolate tho smh. I can't resist chocolates especially not at this time of the month. Still happy didn't have
any donuts and totallypp0 ruin my diet yay! For me! Also did a little weight lifting today. Baby steps but I'm proud of myself.

I u hope no one minds that I post in here a lot ... I just have to get it out and writing abt my struggle helps me get thru it. Did I say I am so ready to get out of the 280s??? I'm just going to keep speaking it until these pounds melt away.

Slashnl
02-19-2014, 11:47 AM
Skinnyki: I'll vote for you to keep posting as much as possible!! I have been posting every day, just keeping myself accountable. I don't want to talk to myself, so glad to see you here! I know what you mean about the donuts! They're just so tempting!

I'm having a better day today. I got a full night's sleep and went to spin class. Much happier than yesterday, with no gym work and very little sleep. I have a few 19yo daughter issues. Nothing horrible, but it kept me up that night. I hate it when I wake up and can't get back to sleep. I need it so much!!

I'm wanting to check the scale again, but I'm trying not to obsess. I'll give myself until Friday and maybe check. I want to get to the 270's so bad!!!!

Hope everyone else is doing well!

Lindy87
02-19-2014, 02:41 PM
Well "my friend" finally arrived later than ever and cramps that I have not had since high school. My hormones have calmed down and I am not eating every second of the day. Damage is that I am back up to 276. Hoping that It is less next week. Looking forward to a healthier week ahead.

skinnyki
02-20-2014, 03:50 AM
Thanks Slashnl :) I'm glad u don't mind.

Lindy 87 "my friend" has come to visit me too. And really over ate today by of her. I know the scale is up I am definitely retaining lots of water. Tempted to not step on the scale for a few days until it's over. But I know I will be I'm obsessed lol. I won't count it tho I will wait until it's over. Today has to be a much better day as far as eating i sllowed myself some comfort food now i must get back on track!

Slashnl
02-20-2014, 11:08 AM
Sneaked a peek again at the scale. If it holds, I should have a pretty good loss for next Monday's official weigh in. I'm trying to figure out if I'm accomplishing anything better by having an official weigh in day. I think it is good for comparison, but I still check other times. I guess I'll leave it for now.

I've been keeping track of my calories with MyFitnessPal. Yesterday, I didn't have time to make my lunch, so I went out for lunch. I think I did ok, getting a bean tostada. It was from a non-franchise Mexican restaurant, so I had to kind of guess on the calories, comparing to other entries that were listed. I felt like what I put in was low, because I really still felt somewhat full when I got home last night. I didn't eat a lot for dinner, because I was afraid I was off on my count. But then it showed I was WAY under for calories for the day. I guess I think I still need to listen to my body rather than completely relying on the calorie count app. Or just do what I think is right, and quit second-guessing myself! :)

I don't know. Wish all of this was easy.

skinnyki
02-23-2014, 08:00 AM
Weigh in day. Well i weigh everyday but today is the day i track. Also Tom and had alcohol last night so we shall see. Whatever it is i still make a commitment to myself to keep going iwill not be ddiscouraged whatsoever! I am determined to get out of the 280s!!!

JzBelle
02-23-2014, 03:25 PM
Hello... anybody home?
I'm new to this board.
weighed my all time high of 285 last Thursday morning. I've trying to eat healthier for now, while I try to figure out what structured plan I'm going to start in the next week or two.
Good news--I seem to be down 2.5lbs already. I haven't been weighing myself for ages though. that start weight may have been high from salt or something?

Slashnl
02-23-2014, 04:07 PM
Skinnyki: Hope the scale is good to you!!!

JzBelle: Welcome!

I'm having one of those "I'm starving" days. I am keeping busy trying not to think about it. I don't want to sacrifice my weigh in tomorrow.

JzBelle
02-24-2014, 01:03 PM
HI Slashnl--Thanks for the welcome. hope you survived your hungry day!

Slashnl
02-24-2014, 01:32 PM
JzBelle: Yep, made it. I was over my calorie goal, but just by 30 or so. Could have been worse.

I had a good weigh in today. I lost 3.8, so I'm really close to making it to the 270's. Yay! I looked on the scale and saw 280.2, and at first I thought "really? I can't have just a little more off to make it into the 270's?", but I realize that this was a good loss. It made up for the not so good loss last week. I just want to give this weight loss challenge I'm in at work my very best effort. I don't want to look back and regret not doing more.

Hope everyone is having a good day!

Avezy44
02-24-2014, 02:21 PM
Ladies, I am proud and sad to say that in less than 1lb I will be leaving this thread and joining the 260s 250s thread :) Of course.. the bulk of weight loss came from being sick all last week... but I guess I can be happy that it's out of the way. haha Hope all you lovelies are having a wonderful Monday :)

Slashnl
02-25-2014, 11:52 AM
Avezy: That's good news! I don't want to say that we hate to see you go, because it is such a great step for you. But, you'll be missed! Hopefully you can move soon! Good luck!

Nothing new here. I am still trying to figure out if my "official" weigh in day is a good idea. I check the scale throughout the week, but only record what happens on Monday mornings. I guess that's probably the best way to have a good comparison. I know that recording a lower weight from a day other than Monday would be fun, but if it were up, I'd have to be fair and record that. So, I guess I'll stick to Mondays. I did see 279 today, though! :)

Mori M
02-25-2014, 03:18 PM
Ladies, I am proud and sad to say that in less than 1lb I will be leaving this thread and joining the 260s 250s thread :) Of course.. the bulk of weight loss came from being sick all last week... but I guess I can be happy that it's out of the way. haha Hope all you lovelies are having a wonderful Monday :)

that one pound to 269 is KILLING me!