Weight Watchers - November WW Chat

View Full Version : November WW Chat

DrivenByAmbition
10-31-2013, 08:09 AM
October is ending, can't wait for a wonderful November!

PUPMOM5
10-31-2013, 02:40 PM
After only losing .4 in October, I'm hopeful that it was a much-needed rest for my body and I'll have a better November. On the bright side, spending a whole month around one weight, I sort of got to mentally adjust to the fact I'm so much smaller now than I was last year. :)

DrivenByAmbition
11-01-2013, 08:09 AM
Let's talk Thanksgiving. I have decided to be on point the entire week, except for Thanksgiving Day. I am going to enjoy my food and not overeat and over analyze. What are your plans?

PUPMOM5
11-01-2013, 12:13 PM
We always go to his grandma's for Thanksgiving and it's the BIG family holiday (not Christmas). However, I will still stay on plan - mostly because I don't like the way his mother always praises my efforts on one hand and (I feel) pressures me (to the point where it's awkward) to indulge on the other. I might save my WP and have a piece of pie, but I am always hyper-aware of what I eat around other people (except hubby) so I usually eat very little.

SarainMN
11-01-2013, 12:40 PM
I can't wait
this year not only am I doing the plan so is my husband so I have help...we do have family and friends coming but I do all the cooking! I already have WW desserts planned and will make the traditional food but more healthier...I'm going to try sneaking in cauliflower mashed potatoes and see if anyone notices :lol:

DrivenByAmbition
11-01-2013, 04:08 PM
That's great you two. I don't think I will go completely off plan. I think I will just use my extras that day and try to stay at daily allowance the other days.

Jilu
11-01-2013, 05:33 PM
Thanksgiving is always hard because we have two Thanksgivings. Lunch with the in-laws then dinner with my family.

Luckily, I'm usually burnt out on the sweets by all the baking by then, so it's more watching out for huge portions for me.

PUPMOM5
11-01-2013, 07:25 PM
Jilu, ah - there is where my debate lies. I love baking, I bake during that season - I eat what I bake, none of it healthy. So do I forgo baking altogether, or do I try to plan for indulgences (which will probably become binges)? I could try to bake healthier, but let's face it, it just isn't the same!

DrivenByAmbition
11-01-2013, 11:18 PM
Counteract with some extra activity points?

PUPMOM5
11-02-2013, 10:31 AM
I'm beginning to wonder if I haven't taken activity for granted. I used to walk quite a bit (60 minutes 5 or 6 times a week, because it helps my back) but sort of got thrown into craziness for work/school and had no time. In November, I'm going to focus on my activity.

And if I really want to bake, maybe just a little. ;)

DrivenByAmbition
11-02-2013, 11:16 AM
On WW, did anyone's cycle change? This is my third time making the lifestyle change (got to goal the last time) and I am almost a week late (6 days) I have never missed a period since I started my period. I hope it just coming really late and not missing.

JuvenileNarcissist
11-02-2013, 10:28 PM
On WW, did anyone's cycle change? This is my third time making the lifestyle change (got to goal the last time) and I am almost a week late (6 days) I have never missed a period since I started my period. I hope it just coming really late and not missing.

I've noticed my hormones have changed since I lost weight. I never missed a period after changing my eating (I have missed it entirely due to stress), but I now spot for several days before my period instead of for just one day like before. Also, my body is super pissed that I've lost weight when there is a prospect of pregnancy every month. It doesn't listen to me when I tell it there will be no babies in our future ever, and insists that I put back on all the weight I've lost over the past year and a half in the week before my period just in case. So it's entirely possible that your hormones have gone a bit wonky from weight loss.

JuvenileNarcissist
11-02-2013, 10:36 PM
I'm saving my extra points for Thanksgiving and the night before. Every year we have a cheesecake party at my boss's house where we get together and make cheesecake for the next day. There's usually a lot of unhealthy snacks there. And I plan on adding to that by bringing caramel apple cookies that I made for my boss and she loved. Thanksgiving I don't think will be that hard. I don't like pie, and that's what my dad usually gets. If I eat pumpkin pie, I usually eat a small piece and don't eat the crust. And I usually only eat a small piece of the cheesecake I make at my boss's, and leave the rest at my parents' house, so I don't have leftovers. I'll just have to try to make a concerted effort to eat slowly and only have one helping of turkey dinner. That's my favorite part. I can forgo the sweets, but turkey and dressing and potatoes and gravy are magical. But I don't like candied yams and I can do without cranberry sauce, so I'll leave those out. If I do overeat, I don't think it will be anything like in previous years.

DrivenByAmbition
11-02-2013, 11:31 PM
I've noticed my hormones have changed since I lost weight. I never missed a period after changing my eating (I have missed it entirely due to stress), but I now spot for several days before my period instead of for just one day like before. Also, my body is super pissed that I've lost weight when there is a prospect of pregnancy every month. It doesn't listen to me when I tell it there will be no babies in our future ever, and insists that I put back on all the weight I've lost over the past year and a half in the week before my period just in case. So it's entirely possible that your hormones have gone a bit wonky from weight loss.

Pretty sure I'm not pregnant but will take a test in the next few days if it doesn't start to be sure.

powerwalker
11-03-2013, 02:46 AM
I plan to eat my weeklies and activity points on TG. I'll have to remember that the day after is my weigh in day. I could just skip the day all together. It wouldn't hurt my feelings. It might disappoint my aunt though. Maybe I will go and leave with the excuse I've got to go get in one of those crazy shopping lines.

PUPMOM5
11-03-2013, 10:16 AM
I have PCOS, so my cycles are usually very different and can't be attributed to weight loss.

I'm kicking up the activity this week and hoping to see a change. I've got my FitBit on and am going to try to get my 10k steps in per day. Today will be L2D4 for the 30 Day Shred.

DrivenByAmbition
11-03-2013, 11:14 AM
I've been a few days late before, but not a week ): I'm afraid it is totally missing in action.

justjaynee
11-04-2013, 11:17 AM
Hey guys, I'm brand new to the forum and WW-care if I jump in :^: I posted a long winded intro in the WW introduction section so I won't repeat, but I'm doing WW for maintenance and I'm excited to meet others on WW :)

SarainMN
11-04-2013, 11:25 AM
Welcome Justjaynee

SarainMN
11-04-2013, 11:26 AM
so I went away this weekend and all though I didn't do terrible, I didn't do great!!
I need to kick it into high gear

lazylioness
11-04-2013, 12:20 PM
I am trying to figure out accurate AP's. So Frustrating. I should probably get the ActiveLink thingy....

PUPMOM5
11-04-2013, 01:43 PM
I struggle with wanting the Activelink. I really really REALLY don't like that you have to buy it, pay subscription, then if you don't like it, are stuck with it. I have the FitBit Flex, but when I tried to CC and use it, I would just eat back my exercise and ended up stalling. :( Maybe it is time for Activelink.

SarainMN
11-04-2013, 03:00 PM
I have the active link and want the fitbit

I love my AL but I've been counting calories too and want to know accurate numbers when doing Zumba

I broke my clip for my AL so I haven't worn it in a week-driving me nuts

PUPMOM5
11-04-2013, 04:13 PM
Sara, do you think the AL has helped you lose weight?

SarainMN
11-04-2013, 06:59 PM
well-its helped me stay active
if you reach 100% the whole thing lights up and does a little "celebration" I want that thing to light up everyday!

PUPMOM5
11-04-2013, 07:10 PM
The FitBit flex does something similar, it vibrates and makes light patterns. :) You can set the goal which causes that to happen (calories burned, active minutes, step, mileage.) It syncs with MyFitnessPal but not WW, which is annoying.

SarainMN
11-04-2013, 08:01 PM
right!! if I get the FB I will use both so I can count AP and Calories...its a lot of work but I need it!! haha

lazylioness
11-04-2013, 11:48 PM
See here is the thing. I am active. I goto the gym at least 4 times a week, and run, hike, kayak etc. 1-2 times a week. The problem/issue I am having is counting ap's. According to my online account, my goal APs are 16 a week. Well heck, I get that with one 1 hour gym sesh. Soooo, this week, I will be earning 93 activity points? If one 45 minute treadmill, elliptical, bike ride and 20 minute weight training sessions are 15 points a piece, how are my target points 16 for the week?

Am I not counting them right??? Would AL help be more accurate? I want a fit bit, but I am unclear of they monitor heart rate? Any and all answers appreciated lol

justjaynee
11-05-2013, 08:30 AM
I'm still figuring out how APs work. It looks like each one equals 80 calories burned, so right now I'm just figuring out how many calories I burn from my walks/runs using an online exercise calculator. Then translating that into points. So for today my 1 mile walk/1 mile run combo will burn around 190 calories, or around 2 AP points. I'll tweak it as needed, but this should be pretty accurate?

SarainMN
11-05-2013, 09:04 AM
I do 45 mins on the elliptical and if I don't do much the rest of the day I get 5 activity points (says my AL) for the whole day

for me-I was worried calculating it myself because I would say "eh-3 pts" when really I was earning more than I thought!!!

lazylioness
11-05-2013, 09:12 AM
Yeah. I probably should get the AL. When I log my activity into my WW app, I say...30 min elliptical high intensity(because I die lol) and it tells me 10 points. I know it also has something to do with size. My hubs is 290 6'1 and he gets more points for the same activity

justjaynee
11-05-2013, 09:19 AM
Is there anyone else here doing WW for maintenance? If so, how many points are you using on an average day? Yesterday was my first day at this and I ended up using 47 pts and I didn't exercise at all/no APs. This morning my scale fluctuated between my current weight and a new low, before settling on my current weight. I'm starting out trying the 26pts plus 6 maintenance pts and then trying to eat all my APs and WPs. Wonder if I need to bump up a bit though :?:

SarainMN
11-05-2013, 09:19 AM
right! and if you are logging it into WW then its probably right

when you get the AL you have to do a week long trial where it monitors your activity and at the end it averages where you should be
so 100% activity is 5 pts for me

SoMuchFattitude
11-05-2013, 10:01 AM
Well, my October was a big of a life changer for me, honestly. I was pretty quiet/absent regarding weight loss and especially on 3FC. My husband and I lost our pregnancy at almost 11 weeks. I had a missed miscarriage and the doctor assures us it was just a fluke. I had to have a D&C and spent some time recovering emotionally and physically. They had put me on a Progesterone and since my body has never handled fake hormones well I gained a whopping 22lbs in 11 weeks. The Doctor assured me it was nothing to be concerned about, but D*MN!

Anyhow - I'm contemplating doing a "No Scale November" so I can focus on my emotional healing. I'm not following WW so precisely currently, but focusing on making smart food choices. Im thinking about doing Simply Filling because honestly, I dont think I can handle "tracking" right now. Anyone here do SF?

November brings happier times and a good future. <3

PUPMOM5
11-05-2013, 10:07 AM
@lazylioness, the AL will give you accurate AP. WW assumes you get so much activity in a day, and that the things we log in are on top of that. The AL takes the guess work out of it.

@SoMuchFattitude, I am so very sorry to hear about your loss. I can't imagine how hard that must be. I've read about Simply Filling but never tried it - do they have their own tab on the main WW page? That 22lbs will come right off. You just focus on you. :hug:

justjaynee
11-05-2013, 10:13 AM
SoMuchFattitude-:hug: :hug:

lazylioness
11-05-2013, 01:33 PM
Well, my October was a big of a life changer for me, honestly. I was pretty quiet/absent regarding weight loss and especially on 3FC. My husband and I lost our pregnancy at almost 11 weeks. I had a missed miscarriage and the doctor assures us it was just a fluke. I had to have a D&C and spent some time recovering emotionally and physically. They had put me on a Progesterone and since my body has never handled fake hormones well I gained a whopping 22lbs in 11 weeks. The Doctor assured me it was nothing to be concerned about, but D*MN!

Anyhow - I'm contemplating doing a "No Scale November" so I can focus on my emotional healing. I'm not following WW so precisely currently, but focusing on making smart food choices. Im thinking about doing Simply Filling because honestly, I dont think I can handle "tracking" right now. Anyone here do SF?

November brings happier times and a good future. <3

*hugs*

I had this happen to me 17 years ago. Was pregnant, heard the heart beat, and then one day. NO heartbeat. Had to go through the D&C and all the fun that is with that.

It was devastating.

The bright light in that however, was a year later we got pregnant with my son, who is the light of my world. He is the youngest of my three, and I cannot imagine a day without him making me laugh. He just turned 15 and is growing up WAY too fast.

Taking November off to heal is a VERY good idea.

DrivenByAmbition
11-05-2013, 06:46 PM
So sorry for your loss, somuch ):

DrivenByAmbition
11-05-2013, 08:16 PM
My weight was slightly up this morning, it became apparent why. TOM finally arrived, 9 days late.

justjaynee
11-06-2013, 08:43 AM
Really frustrated this am-down a pound, after doing WW for two days :( I'm doing this to stabilize my weight, not lose any more, and to go down a whole pound in that short of time is crazy. I ate 47 points on Monday with no exercise and 39 points yesterday, with approximately 2 point worth of activity (so 37ish points adjusted). I even went to the WW website and looked into signing up, just to get a handle on this, and after doing the fitness evaluation, it said I was too thin and should seek medical advice. I'm still at a healthy bmi, but am down to 19.0. My sister, who's a WW maintainer, thinks I have a parasite :lol:

Sorry to vent, I was just really hoping the WW points system would help simplify maintenance and stabilize my weight :?:

SarainMN
11-06-2013, 09:16 AM
maybe try not weighing yourself everyday...it fluctuates everyday so maybe its just adjusting

SarainMN
11-06-2013, 09:16 AM
so so sorry somuch

geekmadre
11-06-2013, 09:19 AM
SoMuchFattitude. I am so sorry for your loss. You are so right to focus on your emotional health right now. I liked Simply filling a lot the few weeks I did it. You don't have to stress so much and it makes you eat clean.

As for me, I have been messing around with the same 3-4 pounds since July. I know I need to start working out, but I am having a hard time getting started. I am only 12 pounds away from Onederland, but with the holidays approaching, I feel like I will never get there. I need some motivation and an attitude adjustment for sure.

Busymomx4
11-06-2013, 09:51 AM
Somuchfattitude - so sorry for your loss. Make sure you take the time to heal.

I am sooo frustrated. Friday night, i had about half my wp as I normally do (wi is friday morning) and saturday i was up 3lbs, i figured ok, it can't be fat, just weight of the food, etc...well here we are wednesday and i am STILL up those darn 3lbs! I have been perfect all week, stay within my 26pts and eventhough i count my points, i mostly use simply filling food (only carb are sugar free bread in the morning, otherwise its mostly fat free greek yogourt, protein and veggies (have spaguetti squash instead of pasta) and 1 apple a day and i still drink about 3l of water a day and have 1-2 tsp of oil). I don't know what else i could be cutting out or changing around for it to work better (was already only down 4.8lbs in 6+ weeks which now is less than 2lbs).

I'm not exercising but it still should work... I don't know when i can exercise..i get up at 5am, leave for work at 6:30, get home at 6, make dinner, its usually 7ish by the time i eat and then i'm way too exhausted to go to the gym (which only opens at 6am and all fun classes are during daytime and I also have no cartilege in my knees so i can't do lots of things exercise wise).

My body is really fighting at keeping me at this weight!!!!

I contacted WW the other day asking them to help me figure it out and at first they said that i should go to meetings..which i'm not having trouble with the program..just results so a coach wouldn't help (and meetings are not included in online WW and i won't pay twice) then they said to try the simply filling, which i said that's basially how i eat already. Then they said well maybe i should go to the dr. to see if i'm sick or something... Which i doubt a dr. will take me seriously when i complain not being able to lose 10lbs when i already lost 140lbs!

Thanks for letting me vent!

justjaynee
11-06-2013, 01:39 PM
maybe try not weighing yourself everyday...it fluctuates everyday so maybe its just adjusting

Ok, I'm much calmer now :o I've been a daily weigher for over a year now and am pretty in tune with my body's fluctuations (I have a graph of everything on a phone app). That's why I'm a bit freaked out, because this big of a drop on a Wednesday is so out of the norm for me. I ended up getting a hold of my sister, who's been a WW maintainer for years, and we talked it through-she recommended doing higher points for a few days and seeing what happens, as well as cut back on exercise. If after a few days I start gaining or maintaining, then I'll know I'm on the right track. If I continue losing, then I'm going to make a dr. appointment. Someone in the maintenance section wondered if my thyroid might be messed up. I've never had problems with it before, but it can't hurt to get it checked out if I can't get the weight to stabilize over the next couple weeks.

So for my experiment I'm going to try 45 daily pts (with no WPs or APs factored in). Not going to count ANY of the veggies and fruit I eat, except for sweet potatoes (and I eat a lot of veggies/fruit so this could easily translate into an extra 7pts a day). And then cut back on exercise to every other day, instead of 6 days a week. After a week or so I'll reevaluate :)

lazylioness
11-06-2013, 04:37 PM
My weight was slightly up this morning, it became apparent why. TOM finally arrived, 9 days late.

Well yanno, nothing like being late to the party :dizzy:

DrivenByAmbition
11-06-2013, 08:25 PM
Haha better late then no show!

PUPMOM5
11-06-2013, 08:47 PM
I have been so exhausted for the past two days - I've spent most of them in bed with body aches. I'm hoping I'll have snapped out of it by tomorrow and get back to my 30 Day Shred. I could have it finished by Thanksgiving and that seems like a pretty good goal to hit.

lazylioness
11-07-2013, 12:25 AM
I have been so exhausted for the past two days - I've spent most of them in bed with body aches. I'm hoping I'll have snapped out of it by tomorrow and get back to my 30 Day Shred. I could have it finished by Thanksgiving and that seems like a pretty good goal to hit.

If it's what I had a few weeks ago, it lasts about 3 days with the worst of it, and another week getting over it.

Good luck! Feel better!!

DrivenByAmbition
11-07-2013, 07:18 AM
Feel better, pup.

Jilu
11-07-2013, 11:05 AM
No calls last night when I was on call! First time in weeks.

So I managed to go to sleep in time to get up and go out this morning. Did 2.5 miles of mostly walk, a little run. Even though it was gray outside. I usually let the lack of sunshine defeat me.

lazylioness
11-08-2013, 12:23 AM
Yay! I wish my husbands on call week was so quiet! Got to love those 2am calls that he insists on taking and dealing with from bed. Uh heloo?!?!? Sleeping here lol.

DrivenByAmbition
11-08-2013, 08:04 AM
Scale is showing up ): stayed on plan. Dunno what's going on besides TOM

lazylioness
11-08-2013, 08:18 AM
Yeah mine has not budged in any direction but up this week either. Annoying. I know with me though while it is not TOM is is the week before which means I will see a plateau. I have also kicked my gym visits into high gear which always always always makes a scale stall for a week or so. Annoying x2

Have you changed anything?

PUPMOM5
11-08-2013, 11:03 AM
Jilu, I wish I could get up early but I can't. My body is a perpetual no-go, no matter when I go to sleep.

My scale finally moved down! I took my dog on a walk and listened to a Jillian Michael's podcast (about how "plateaus" are rarely actual plateaus) and ate a lot of protein. Voila! Finally, some movement! Official WW weigh in is tomorrow. I wanted to be 100lbs down for Thanksgiving, but maybe for my birthday three weeks later.

lazylioness
11-08-2013, 03:44 PM
You may get there. Thanksgiving is three weeks away, and you only have 6 lbs to go.

PUPMOM5
11-13-2013, 07:00 PM
Delicious snack I discovered: Philadelphia cream cheese has a limited edition Brown Sugar and Cinnamon flavor. 2 tbs = 2 pts. I just dipped a sliced up apple in a serving of that yummy stuff. It was like eating an apple cheesecake!

lazylioness
11-13-2013, 11:07 PM
Yum!!!!! Perhaps I will send hubs to the store for some!!

My guilty pleasure is peanut butter. But my really super decadent absolutely no nutritional value at all is Trader Joe's cookie butter. Basically it's mushed up gingerbread cookies in some sort of peanut butter like substance.

That is usually my goto comfort splurge once in a while dessert. Same points as peanut butter 5 for 2 tbs. So it's a little "pricey" but worth the cost a few times a month on an apple.

DrivenByAmbition
11-14-2013, 07:45 AM
Those both sound amazing. I don't really have a go to. I had a lot of points leftover yesterday and had a little Debbie Christmas tree. Not worth the 6 points.

lazylioness
11-14-2013, 08:05 AM
Haha Driven!

I hate it when that happens! Occasionally I will eat something that before was pretty good not great but ok and "normal" to eat, and it ends up not being worth the points.

I find now I am WAY pickier about what I spend my point on. For example. I am currently in the midst of a cheeseburger craving. It's bad lol. Before I would just grab a burger from somewhere and be done with it. But now, no flipping way am I spending any regular points, let alone activity points that I just gave my sweat and tears to earn on a cheap burger from some fast food place. Nope! Not. Going. To. Happen!

So, since my husband is an amazing cook, I have tasked him with making a burger under 8 points, that will fulfill this craving for greasy drippy cheese on a grilled bun! He is generally very successful at these challenges.

PUPMOM5
11-14-2013, 10:57 AM
If I have learned one thing, it's the bad things I crave almost NEVER taste as good as I think they will. The one real exception: I had a Cadbury Creme Egg for easter and it was fantastic. (then I had one of the Halloween versions recently; not that great.)

SarainMN
11-14-2013, 04:56 PM
have you tried "Better n Peanut butter" from Trader Joes...2pts for 2 tblsp and it is AWESOME! I can't even eat regular pb anymore

PUPMOM5
11-14-2013, 09:13 PM
No, but I want to for that points value! The nearest Trader Joe's is about 50 minutes away, unfortunately, but I heard they were building one in a town 30 minutes away.

DrivenByAmbition
11-15-2013, 07:32 AM
I don't care for peanut butter, so I don't really get ton satisfy my snacking tooth that often. /:

SarainMN
11-15-2013, 09:20 AM
they just opened one right by my house...its heaven!!

lazylioness
11-15-2013, 02:42 PM
have you tried "Better n Peanut butter" from Trader Joes...2pts for 2 tblsp and it is AWESOME! I can't even eat regular pb anymore

I will check it out! Unless it has some other nut in it. I have a tree nut allergy!

Jilu
11-15-2013, 08:11 PM
Man. I'm up 0.4 lbs this week. I have definitely been incredibly on plan, so I think it's the drugs I'm on to help balance me out to try for another pregnancy.

But! Onward and upwards. Tonight I'm going to our local minor league hockey game (I have season tickets). And I'm being massively prepared by eating something ahead of time instead of succumbing to stadium food. Except for Dippin' Dots. That is happening, people. Ice cream of the future.

PUPMOM5
11-15-2013, 10:08 PM
Fingers crossed for a woosh tomorrow.

I think I'm going to set an activity goal for myself, just for this next week: 60 minutes of walking a day/hitting all the activity goals on my FitBit (10k steps, 5 miles walked, at least 2k calories burned.)

DrivenByAmbition
11-16-2013, 01:50 AM
I'm waiting for a woosh as well. Been the same weight 5 days.

DrivenByAmbition
11-16-2013, 09:00 AM
194 for 6 days. There is no way I'm eating to maintain. So sad ):

SarainMN
11-16-2013, 11:16 AM
must be in the air because I've been stuck to this week
cooooome on WOOOSH!!

txfreebiemom
11-16-2013, 11:45 AM
Hi! I just signed up on this website today! Its a little intimidating to know where to post!! I hope to get started on ww today. Going to grocery store later to stock up on the healthy foods!!

PUPMOM5
11-16-2013, 05:11 PM
Welcome, txfreebiemom!

My weight was down to 184.4 for my weigh-in but I got 183.8 after my shower. I recorded the higher weight. I'm really fighting for these last 5lbs before Thanksgiving. I think I will want to lose another 20-30lbs more than my goal (which I set because I never thought I'd reach it!)

lazylioness
11-17-2013, 07:24 PM
Had my mini woosh! Now just need two more. Started the week at 245 ended it at 241.8

Veneficae
11-18-2013, 09:18 AM
Got my first "5 pound" star since coming back to WW! Also got my first "slow down" scolding, haha! Four pounds down this week.

lazylioness
11-18-2013, 11:55 AM
LOL I hate those scoldings.

Good job on the 5lb star! WOOT

PUPMOM5
11-18-2013, 01:15 PM
Veneficae, I was routinely losing 3-4lbs a week for awhile but, luckily, I only do WW online so only the computer scolded me.

Meeting my daily FitBit activity goals is really paying off. I was 182.6 this morning! From 185 this weigh in and quite a bit of stalling. Maybe I'll hit my 100lbs by Thanksgiving after all!

NewMe2009
11-18-2013, 03:57 PM
Meeting my daily FitBit activity goals is really paying off. I was 182.6 this morning! From 185 this weigh in and quite a bit of stalling. Maybe I'll hit my 100lbs by Thanksgiving after all!

That is awesome PUPMOM5!! :carrot: I am rooting for you and I know you can get it, you have 10 days!! I want a FitBit sooo bad! I already told my 2 kids thats what I want for Christmas and they can go halfsies and get it for me. :) I know it will make me move more knowing that I can see it on the computer! Do you wear it all the time? I did some Christmas shopping on Saturday and walked around stores for hours so I know I burned some calories, can't wait to get mine.

PUPMOM5
11-18-2013, 05:11 PM
I have the Flex, so it's the bracelet, and I wear it everywhere. It's nice because you'll never forget it and your steps are always tracked. I have the old one, the new ones have all your info there on the bracelet for you to see. I highly recommend it!

lazylioness
11-19-2013, 12:00 AM
You will totally get there! If it would work I would run an extra mile for you!!!

Question, I want a fitbit, but does it track heart rate?

DrivenByAmbition
11-19-2013, 07:46 AM
Great job, pup.

DrivenByAmbition
11-19-2013, 07:49 AM
196.2 this morning, hoping this water will fall off from this weekend.

I have decided to move my weigh in day to Friday.... This will be transition week. Just going to try to stay with dps until weigh in again on Friday, then set my tracker.

PUPMOM5
11-19-2013, 10:20 AM
Lazylioness, no - unfortunately, it doesn't track heartrate. I was reading about those monitors they use on Biggest Loser, the bodybugg (they used to be called, but googling will still get you to their website) and they're very similar to FitBit but also track heart rate and are very comparable in price. You do have to wear them around your upper arm though.

Driven, my fingers are crossed for you! Time for a whoosh!

I've decided to start looking into cooking classes because I think I need to be more functional in the kitchen for the next part of my weight loss journey. Right now, I'm such a bad cook, I would boil a poptart.

lazylioness
11-19-2013, 03:31 PM
I will have to look into that.

I do not mind wearing it on my arm, I am only going to be worried about heart rate when I am working out anyway.

Thanks for the intel!

NewMe2009
11-19-2013, 03:44 PM
I have the Flex, so it's the bracelet, and I wear it everywhere. It's nice because you'll never forget it and your steps are always tracked. I have the old one, the new ones have all your info there on the bracelet for you to see. I highly recommend it!

Thanks so much PUPMOM5 for the info! Thanks to my wonderful daughter, I am getting the FitBit One for Christmas!! :carrot: She ordered it today, I am gonna be like a kid at Christmas ready to open presents and play with my new toy....lol!

I was a bad girl this weekend and did the QVC/HSN watching and ended up ordering myself a Keurig....it was the TSV on QVC with 6 payments of $25 so I couldn't pass it up....lol. :o Does anyone else here have one? If so, what is the best WW friendly kind of coffee to buy for it?

On another note.....I took 2 pairs of pants to get altered because they were literally falling off me, I had to clip one pair with a binder clip at work:o, and it cost me $30!! Way too much money to spend, will not be doing that again!!

Have a great day all!
Mel

DrivenByAmbition
11-20-2013, 08:23 AM
After some thinking I will wait Til the week after thanksgiving for changing weigh in day. I just have to get out of this funk.

junebug44
11-20-2013, 03:27 PM
Hello everyone! I just signed up for WW through work and my first meeting is on December 3rd. It's nice to see that there's a place in here with so many experts :) I'm so excited to get started!

PUPMOM5
11-20-2013, 04:29 PM
Welcome Junebug!

DrivenByAmbition
11-20-2013, 10:49 PM
Ran 15 minutes on and off, for a total of 32 minute treadmill work out.

PUPMOM5
11-21-2013, 09:50 AM
Great job, Driven! I've been getting my 10k steps in a day, but no more progress with running OR with 30 Day Shred (I've been battling a tension migraine and body pain; doesn't make me want to do the Shred for sure!)

DrivenByAmbition
11-21-2013, 04:19 PM
Look at you, you are almost in the 170s, Pup. Amazing job you have done. Hope the tension migraines go away.

Koshka
11-21-2013, 04:49 PM

I just got the new Fitbit Force and really love it. DH has the Flex. I had the Fitbit One (which I carried in my pocket) since the Flex doesn't display your stats there on the Fitbit (you have look at the phone app or online).

Anyway, the Force is a little bigger than the Flex but does show all the stats and so I ordered one as soon as they announced them. I actually had to return the first one as it wouldn't hold a battery charge, but I replaced it and the new one is great.

What I really like is that I record what I eat at myfitnesspal (as well as online at WW) and that talks to the Fitbit so I can see how big my calorie deficit is which is motivating to me.

Also I record my steps as all day steps in WW and that gives me activity points (I don't eat them but I do like to see them).

PUPMOM5
11-22-2013, 10:30 AM
Koshka - (I too track in MFP and WW) give me your honest opinion. Should I upgrade? Do you think it's worth it? Yes, I do think I would be more motivated if I could see the stats but I am very pissed that FitBit put out the Flex and then, less than a year later, put out the upgrade: the Force. Come on, FitBit! I've been thinking about upgrading and giving my Flex to my husband but I don't know if it would be motivating for him.

DrivenByAmbition
11-23-2013, 09:39 AM
Got a woosh. 193.6 :carrot:

PUPMOM5
11-23-2013, 10:35 AM
Driven, YAY! That's awesome!

I'm going to make a mini-goal post later, but I hit 179.8 this morning and that makes 100lbs gone off my body since I got serious with WW on 1/1/13. I am very happy and proud and now officially just "overweight" instead of "obese." I have been obese since puberty, and it was always such a big part of who I was that I never thought this would be possible. Now I want to shoot for the stars and get into the "normal" bmi category. :D

DrivenByAmbition
11-23-2013, 10:51 AM
Great a accomplishment, pup. You got this! I'm aiming for 163. It's around the top of the normal bmi category for me.

PageLynn
11-23-2013, 06:56 PM
Congrats Pupmom5! What an inspiration!

I am exhausted today. The sleep deprivation is getting to me (new baby and all). Today I am trying not to eat just because i am tired. Any suggestions to stay on track? I am a nursing mom too so I have what seems like tons of points a day but I am already down almost 5 lbs!

DrivenByAmbition
11-23-2013, 10:44 PM
No suggestions for I do not have children yet. Drink more water would be an idea because you may just be thirsty and not hungry.

Koshka
11-24-2013, 02:06 AM
Koshka - (I too track in MFP and WW) give me your honest opinion. Should I upgrade? Do you think it's worth it? Yes, I do think I would be more motivated if I could see the stats but I am very pissed that FitBit put out the Flex and then, less than a year later, put out the upgrade: the Force. Come on, FitBit! I've been thinking about upgrading and giving my Flex to my husband but I don't know if it would be motivating for him.

Well, I bought my One in March and upgraded to the Force immediately because I wanted to wear it on my wrist. My husband has the Flex (he got his when it first came out) and hasn't upgraded to the Force yet...but he is thinking about it.

I guess it depends on how important the display is to you. Do you have a phone where it automatically syncs to the phone. If you do and you usually have your phone with you then maybe the display isn't that important. That said, I have an iphone that syncs to the Force and I still got the Force. But, the display was super important to me. I find it motivating to be able to press the button on the side of the Force and see my steps and my calories burned. If I'm out for a long walk, I find it motivating to be able to immediately look and see what I've done.

My DH is probably not as big into the tracking right then aspect of it. So, he hasn't gotten the Force.

DrivenByAmbition
11-24-2013, 08:58 AM
194.7 this morning... ugh :( I have decided that I need to commit to weight once a week in December.

PageLynn
11-24-2013, 04:31 PM
I was 217.2 yesterday and after pizza last night, I'm back up to 200.2. It still gave me a one pound loss for the week. Just not as good as the 217 would have been. :( My fault...

DrivenByAmbition
11-25-2013, 08:22 AM
Well here is my plan for this week. Eat 33 daily points every day and save my weeklies for Thursday. Yay turkey day! Also going to bank my activity points.

lazylioness
11-25-2013, 10:35 AM
That is a good plan Driven!

I am doing something similar, except yesterday was a bad bad day!

DrivenByAmbition
11-27-2013, 08:39 AM
Showing a new low for this month. 191.4 :) This gym going 3 x a week is working. I'm walking 5 mins, running 5 mins x3. I had to really push hard last night because I just wasn't feeling the last run. I need to find my love of running again. It's just a little different this time around because I'm on a treadmill and not outside. Every time I felt like giving in, I just looked over at my sweet man and pushed harder.

He is not enjoying gym time. He's trying to give cardio a chance, but I guess we both need to change our mindset a bit. It's hard work going to the gym, but the benefits outweigh the work.

mandydawn77
11-27-2013, 11:35 AM
I'm having a hard time staying on plan this week. I took the week off work and I've been eating off plan. In fact I was really really bad and didn't even log any of my food for the past two and a half days and that is so not like me. I usually log everything even if it's bad. I have to get back on track because I know exactly what happens when I don't. Last year I blew it through the holidays and never got back on track until June 14th and by then I had gained back 25 pounds! I absolutely cannot let myself do that again. I have not gotten off track as far as my exercise routine goes. Luckily I love my zumba classes and it is very, very rare that I miss one unless of course it's cancelled like tomorrow's class. As of this morning the scale was up 3 or 4 pounds from last Friday. I really don't think I've actually eaten bad enough to have gained weight so I'm hoping it's mainly just some water weight. I'm going to log in all my food from yesterday to see just how bad I did. I don't think I can remember everything from the day before or I'd log it too. I have zumba tonight and I'm going to try to eat fairly light today because I will be eating a big thanksgiving meal tomorrow. Starting Friday I have got to get back on track! I envy you guys who can have a plan for the holidays and stick with it. I did that one year when I was on the atkins diet, but I don't have all those carb cravings when I'm eating extremely low carb so it makes it easier to say no.

Hope you all have a happy thanksgiving!

DrivenByAmbition
11-27-2013, 12:16 PM
Don't feel bad. I had a weekend where I splurged and I ended up losing the excess within a week. Just get back on track when you can. We are here for support.

Have a good Thanksgiving.

PUPMOM5
11-27-2013, 10:10 PM
The word is in for tomorrow: the menu will have very little healthy on it. I plan to show up with a large garden salad to share and eat that, turkey and splurge on my SIL's sweet potato casserole I only get once every two years. Everything else, I plan to avoid.

DrivenByAmbition
12-01-2013, 09:25 AM
Switching weigh ins to Friday. I am a bit nervous to step on the scale, because I have no idea what it will say. I was 191.4 on Thanksgiving day and showed 195.1 the next day. I promised myself that my daily weigh-ins had to end, at least for the month of December.

lazylioness
12-02-2013, 02:52 PM
My scale is back hidden until Sunday, and I am back at the gym regular as of today.

Getting through December is a must..it is going to be a bit difficult, but we can do this :)