Ideal Protein Diet - IP Daily Chat Thursday 10/31/2013

View Full Version : IP Daily Chat Thursday 10/31/2013

lisa32989
10-31-2013, 06:54 AM
:haphal: :welcome2:
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/243142-have-question-about-ip-read-here-first-before-posting-question.html): Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
(http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-exercise-other-important-threads.html)and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/4701599-post49.html)

NOTE: Attached files in stickies (and elsewhere) have been nonfunctional for the past few weeks. Admin are a aware of the problem & it has been reported to tech support. Links to Googledocs have been added for protocol sheets until technical issues are resolved

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/221536-real-cost-cheating-ideal-protein.html)

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/261885-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow.html)
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/268669-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow-volumn-2-a.html)
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/212175-fun-ideal-protein-packets.html)
Fun with Veggie Purees! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/264231-fun-veggie-purees.html)
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/273856-ideal-protein-diet-recipes-4-a.html)
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/270950-ideal-protein-tips-recipes-incredible-weight-loss-center.html)

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html) for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/3427715-post155.html) Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/).

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19)

nolasmurf
10-31-2013, 07:30 AM
Happy Halloween all! Sending lots of strong Will power to everyone today to avoid the goodies!

shrinkingsusie
10-31-2013, 07:42 AM
Happy Halloween!!! Weigh-in 16 and down another 4 lbs!! So close to ONEderland!! I am also over halfway to my goal! And I am down 36.2 lbs in the Halloween Challenge!! I really hope there is a Christmas one!!!

Hope everyone has a great day, and extra willpower to stay away from that Halloween candy!!

KareVT
10-31-2013, 07:46 AM
:spid: HAPPY HALLOWEEN all of you IP SUPER HEROS :ghost:

Sending loads of strength and super powers your way ~ remember, the decision is ours to make to avoid the bad sugary stuff that blocks us from goal. Use the force (3FC forum) and let's stay focused!! :haphal:

:dracula: :badbat: :sklol: :frank: :witch2: :ghost: :bat:

KareVT
10-31-2013, 07:48 AM
Happy Halloween!!! Weigh-in 16 and down another 4 lbs!! So close to ONEderland!! I am also over halfway to my goal! And I am down 36.2 lbs in the Halloween Challenge!! I really hope there is a Christmas one!!!

Hope everyone has a great day, and extra willpower to stay away from that Halloween candy!!

Yeay Shrinkingsusie ~ Congrats!!!! You're such an inspiration, keep it up, you're making amazing strides and must be so proud of yourself! Woohoo! :D

shrinkingsusie
10-31-2013, 07:52 AM
Yeay Shrinkingsusie ~ Congrats!!!! You're such an inspiration, keep it up, you're making amazing strides and must be so proud of yourself! Woohoo! :D

Thanks! You are doing awesome as well!

IdealProteinNewbie
10-31-2013, 07:58 AM
Go Susie!

darlac
10-31-2013, 07:59 AM
well yesterday had my 3rd weigh and lost 2 lbs .. that is good right? Why was I discouraged? I am looking for big numbers I guess., down 13 lbs and 17 inches in 3 weigh ins. Lots of it due to the support found here! thanks everyone... Lets go out and make it an Ideal Day!

oryssia
10-31-2013, 08:03 AM
thank you to the people who gave me advice about the scale.

it turns out it was water retention. My weight went up suddenly first by 6 pounds and then a few more and then all the way by 11 pounds. I was in a panic because I didn't know what was going wrong

I had a peach mango drink last night and was then peeing up a storm through the night.

I don't know if the peach mango actually triggered the release of the water but thank god its going.

I am down by 8 pounds this morning.

So grateful for this community.

vachinyc
10-31-2013, 09:11 AM
Congrats Susie! That's awesome!

Darlac...2 down is great. We all get disappointed with the scale but this is about the whole journey, not one weigh in. And 2 is great. Keep going!

Love the fun Halloween post KareVT!

Today was my weigh in because my clinic is out on Saturday. I wasn't here last weekend so this is an 'almost 2 week' number.

Happy! Lost 5.5 lbs and down 32.6 pounds overall. Yay! I know this will help me stay strong today amidst the sugar.

IP POWER to all!

ems70508
10-31-2013, 09:14 AM
Good Morning Yall! Congrats to everyone on their losses today! ShrinkingSusie-I can feel your excitement all the way in Lafayette! I can't wait to be where you are! Weighed in this AM...another 3.2 down. So pumped about that!

My coach gave me a chocolate bar to try...everyone who works there isn't a fan of them. I find it interesting in that they only got 10g of protein in it but 15g of fat! There's also 10g of sugar alcohol! I may as well eat a Hershey kiss! Just kidding! I took a nibble at weigh in and wasn't too impressed. Don't think i'll stray from my daily bar BUT it is a good option if you are craving a Hershey bar! I just know that as a restricted, it definitely wouldn't do the job of a bar for me.

Delgen
10-31-2013, 09:18 AM

Wow, S Suzie, you are really doing great! Way To Go!!!:hug::hug::hug:

Delgen
10-31-2013, 09:22 AM
well yesterday had my 3rd weigh and lost 2 lbs .. that is good right? Why was I discouraged? I am looking for big numbers I guess., down 13 lbs and 17 inches in 3 weigh ins. Lots of it due to the support found here! thanks everyone... Lets go out and make it an Ideal Day!

Everyone is different, but I love a 2 lb drop. I have an average of about 2 lbs per week. So stay strong and take it a day at a time...watch for those ever constant NSVs like saggy pants, emerging cheek bones, and the feeling like you are actually in control of your life.
:hug:

JaneDeaux
10-31-2013, 09:23 AM

Hooray! So inspiring!

jemma51
10-31-2013, 09:28 AM
Good morning everyone and Happy Halloween. Woke up very hungry this morning. Hoping my morning coffee with added protein makes it go away. I will stay strong today and not eat any goodies. I live in a newer neighborhood so parents all over town bring their children here to trick or treat. We expect between 250/350 kids. needless to say I have tons of candy.

AliExpat
10-31-2013, 09:32 AM

Susie, Congratulations!! Great before and after pics by the way. You're doing so well!!! :carrot::carrot::carrot:

Delgen
10-31-2013, 09:40 AM
Finished my first week back on IP. I woke up and realized it had been a week, and was amazed. Wow those first few days were hard, and I think I just repressed them!!!

Finally in Ketosis, and I love the feeling of [almost] forgetting to eat! I fixed my oatmeal (an alternative) and it sat in front of me while I read the paper and scanned 3Chicks. Instead of just inhaling the stuff, I was able to savor it and take my time.

I still have not weighed myself. I could not face the scale after regaining most of what I lost last fall. So I have been looking at NSVs instead. Feeling in control and having lost the CRAVINGS has been the best part so far.

I thought I would weigh myself this morning, but I just could not. Maybe I am afraid. Yes, I think I am.

But I am feeling good and in control again!!!

WillowVee
10-31-2013, 09:40 AM

A 2lb loss is a super high loss for me, so I guess it's all about perspective.

Congrats to all the losers here! :)

Re. Hallowe'en candy....just say no!! We can do it!!

nalaroo
10-31-2013, 10:07 AM
Only .6 loss this week :(

Still at a 2.4lb per week average :)

Bella73123
10-31-2013, 10:27 AM
Only .6 loss this week

Still at a 2.4lb per week average

Wow, 70lbs gone! Fantastic!!

Posted from 3fatchicks.com App for Android

lisa32989
10-31-2013, 10:45 AM
I've decided to embrace the stall, rather than fighting it. If I've learned nothing else from IP, it is the power of surrender. I'm firmly planted in maintenance until January, when I will reassess.

I weighed this morning and the scale is still stuck (fluctuating up/down the same 2 lbs. Today it was down .9). If I'm gonna maintain whether I do P1 or P2 or P3 or P4, I'd prefer a bit of flexibility.

So, tonite I'm having a planned (long-time planned) fun meal with some friends at a Mexican restaurant. Interesting how what I was looking forward to doesn't sound nearly as enticing as it did leading up to today.

Happy Halloween everyone & stay away from the poison (for us, anyway)

AliExpat
10-31-2013, 10:51 AM
I've decided to embrace the stall, rather than fighting it. If I've learned nothing else from IP, it is the power of surrender. I'm firmly planted in maintenance until January, when I will reassess.

I weighed this morning and the scale is still stuck (fluctuating up/down the same 2 lbs. Today it was down .9). If I'm gonna maintain whether I do P1 or P2 or P3 or P4, I'd prefer a bit of flexibility.

So, tonite I'm having a planned (long-time planned) fun meal with some friends at a Mexican restaurant. Interesting how what I was looking forward to doesn't sound nearly as enticing as it did leading up to today.

Wouldn't it be something if your fun meal pops you out of your stall? Have you stalled before? The body is a funny thing...enjoy your dinner!!

emsmom97
10-31-2013, 11:13 AM
Happy Halloween all! Sending lots of strong Will power to everyone today to avoid the goodies!

Happy Halloween all! My trick to stay away from the goodies....I'm going to the football game to watch my daughter cheer! Hubby is handing out the goodies. Any leftovers are being boxed up and sent to my son in college. That's one way to get them out of the house and to make him happy that he has a care package. Of course, I'll add other goodies in there too, but he'll be happy about the candy...especially when it is time for finals (if it lasts that long)!:haphal:

ecdcslim
10-31-2013, 11:53 AM
Morning all! Halloween doesn't even feel like a challenge, for the first time ever! nalaroo, I'd take that 2.6 lb average in a heartbeat! if you keep that up, you'll be done another 26 lbs for New Years Eve! I'd be over the moon with that kind of loss. lisa32989 I'm with AliExpat, let us know if your fun meal makes a positive difference! Have a great day you guys, hang in there and be strong.

theEguarantee
10-31-2013, 12:18 PM
Happy last day of Phase 1 to me!! I have decided to start phasing out as of tomorrow in order to be in Phase 4 by the holidays. In December, I will start with a personal trainer & hopefully reach my goal through muscle toning & fat loss! I thought I would be afraid of moving to Phase 2, but after 23 weeks of Phase 1, I'm started to get burnt out, so it is time for me to move on. I intend to stick around on the boards though! Everyone here has been such help and encouraging!
In the 23.5 weeks I've been on IP with alternatives, I've lost 67.8lb (really hoping to see the 140's in the morning lol we'll see!!), gone from a pant size 16 to an 8. Shirt from an XL to a M. This plan is fantastic & I promise anyone who sticks with it will get the results they desire!!
GOOD LUCK TO ALL!! :D

IdealProteinNewbie
10-31-2013, 12:23 PM
Happy last day of Phase 1 to me!! I have decided to start phasing out as of tomorrow in order to be in Phase 4 by the holidays. In December, I will start with a personal trainer & hopefully reach my goal through muscle toning & fat loss! I thought I would be afraid of moving to Phase 2, but after 23 weeks of Phase 1, I'm started to get burnt out, so it is time for me to move on. I intend to stick around on the boards though! Everyone here has been such help and encouraging!
In the 23.5 weeks I've been on IP with alternatives, I've lost 67.8lb (really hoping to see the 140's in the morning lol we'll see!!), gone from a pant size 16 to an 8. Shirt from an XL to a M. This plan is fantastic & I promise anyone who sticks with it will get the results they desire!!

:carrot:

sekc14
10-31-2013, 12:33 PM

I have thought about your stall often. I hope my unsolicited input doesn't cause you grief but, I just want to say that a stall is better than a gain. I hardly ever get my mind around that thought but, now that I'm back OP with weeks or months to back off the gain, it makes more sense.

Also, just wanted to mention someone on WW stalled for many weeks in a row and then tried this plan of alternating their points by days of week, up/down/up/down and it got their metabolism going again. Too many days in a row of the same thing causes the body to stall. Lisa, who is now an IP coach and has a FB page stalled and her coach took her to phase 2 for 2 weeks, I believe, and when she went back to Phase 1 the weight dropped quickly, like 6 lbs.

Good luck! I'm sure I will get to a stall at some point. You've been way more patient than I might be.

sarita75
10-31-2013, 12:41 PM
Good morning all! Feeling less bluesy today and getting ready to crack the whip on myself and get moving on the list of things I need to get done today. Get' er done! NSV for me this morning. I rode my bike to work! I have been secretly envious of the cyclists in my fair city, riding down Market Street to their jobs, enjoying the fall air. So, I changed out my pedals from clip-ins to flats and jumped on my bike to work! It was EXHILARATING and fast, although I know it will be slower going home, uphill, end of the day, blah blah blah. What a great way to start the day though!

:sklol::sklol: Happy Halloween! Stay Strong. I am going to make some pumpkin spice muffins this evening to celebrate! :sklol::sklol:

Good Morning Yall! *** My coach gave me a chocolate bar to try...everyone who works there isn't a fan of them. I find it interesting in that they only got 10g of protein in it but 15g of fat! There's also 10g of sugar alcohol! I may as well eat a Hershey kiss! Just kidding! I took a nibble at weigh in and wasn't too impressed. Don't think i'll stray from my daily bar BUT it is a good option if you are craving a Hershey bar! I just know that as a restricted, it definitely wouldn't do the job of a bar for me. I love the "Y'all." :) Good morning to you, too. Glad to hear about the bar. Sounds like it isn't really worth it ....

Happy Halloween!!! Weigh-in 16 and down another 4 lbs!! So close to ONEderland!! Congrats!!!

Good morning everyone and Happy Halloween. Woke up very hungry this morning. Hoping my morning coffee with added protein makes it go away. I will stay strong today and not eat any goodies. I live in a newer neighborhood so parents all over town bring their children here to trick or treat. We expect between 250/350 kids. needless to say I have tons of candy. Yikes, that is a lot of kids! Stay strong and happy halloween to you!

Finished my first week back on IP. I woke up and realized it had been a week, and was amazed. Wow those first few days were hard, and I think I just repressed them!!! There is so much to quote and congratulate you on - congrats!! Wishing you tons of success!

Only .6 loss this week Hot diggity! It's a loss! Celebrate! :)

I've decided to embrace the stall, rather than fighting it. If I've learned nothing else from IP, it is the power of surrender. I'm firmly planted in maintenance until January, when I will reassess. Lisa, you always have such an amazing way of seeing things. After my WI yesterday, I appreciate this more than you can know.

Happy last day of Phase 1 to me!! Good luck to you!!

brelo
10-31-2013, 12:48 PM
I still have not weighed myself. I could not face the scale after regaining most of what I lost last fall. So I have been looking at NSVs instead. Feeling in control and having lost the CRAVINGS has been the best part so far.

I thought I would weigh myself this morning, but I just could not. Maybe I am afraid. Yes, I think I am.

But I am feeling good and in control again!!!

Congratulations on 1 week done! I enjoyed your post about the scale. In the past the scale has been a consistent source of sabotage for me and so many of us. If I am up a pound or more, I throw in the towel, if I am down a pound it is cause for celebration and some food. I have been back on plan and am anxiously awaiting for the numbers to move down. TOM is visiting and I know the scale won't be accurate for about a half a week or so. I am thinking it might be better to forgo the daily WI's for awhile anyway and trust the plan which I KNOW works.

Roni Lee
10-31-2013, 12:59 PM
Morning all! Halloween doesn't even feel like a challenge, for the first time ever! nalaroo, I'd take that 2.6 lb average in a heartbeat! if you keep that up, you'll be done another 26 lbs for New Years Eve! I'd be over the moon with that kind of loss. lisa32989 I'm with AliExpat, let us know if your fun meal makes a positive difference! Have a great day you guys, hang in there and be strong.

2.6 per week is great. Nice to think about 26lbs gone forever by New Years Eve. Will have to work on that...What a great way to start the New Year. Nice goal to work towards.

amt6
10-31-2013, 01:12 PM
:haphal: Happy Halloween everyone!

Prior to starting IP I ABSOLUTELY HATED Halloween. I hated that even the plus size costumes at the Halloween store were too small, and hated that everyone felt the need to dress so trashy just because it is a "holiday."

Well, I still dislike Halloween because I think it's silly, but I am happy to report that I am dressing like Marilyn Monroe tonight (my boyfriend will be Joe DiMaggio), in a store bought size MEDIUM costume! I can't wait to flaunt my new and improved tiny waist in this costume tonight :)

What are your plans for Halloween? Trick-or-treating? Party? I hope everyone has a good, safe night!

sarahBell
10-31-2013, 01:16 PM

Prior to starting IP I ABSOLUTELY HATED Halloween. I hated that even the plus size costumes at the Halloween store were too small, and hated that everyone felt the need to dress so trashy just because it is a "holiday."

Well, I still dislike Halloween because I think it's silly, but I am happy to report that I am dressing like Marilyn Monroe tonight (my boyfriend will be Joe DiMaggio), in a store bought size MEDIUM costume! I can't wait to flaunt my new and improved tiny waist in this costume tonight :)

What are your plans for Halloween? Trick-or-treating? Party? I hope everyone has a good, safe night!

I dislike Halloween all together. When I was a kid I loved it, all the candy and dressing up! BUT I am a HUGE chicken I hate anything scary, I hate horror films. all the creepy nasty decorations the kit-n-kaboolde

My kids don't even like it so they do not trick or treat. We are going to play the Kinect or watch some movies tonight heck maybe go to a movie LOL

shrinkingsusie
10-31-2013, 01:38 PM
What started as a wonderful day now sucks! Got to work and realized I had a flat tire; I guess you aren't supposed to drive over nails. Thankfully someone from work put my spare on for me, but the tire shop said my tire is shot and there's no point trying to fix the hole. I knew I needed new tires but my husband and I said we would wait until spring since we were planning on putting my winter tires on this weekend, anyways. He gets home tomorrow, so I get to drive around on a donut tire for now.

Then I get home for lunch and have a letter from the Government saying I am behind on my business tax, which I am not! So I dug out all my paperwork and called in and they told me they have my payment, just not all the paperwork to go with it... I filed it online, so it's not my fault their system messed up and separated the payment and paperwork... So now I have to fax in a letter asking them to waiver any interest or penalties they applied to my account, and ask them to locate my paperwork and whoevers account my money was applied to.

They say it happens in threes, so I am wondering what is next! I wish I could crawl back into bed until tomorrow, but unfortunately I have to head back to work.

I know this isn't IP related, just needed to vent. :p

MelissaKate73
10-31-2013, 01:42 PM
Happy Halloween! I'm not a big fan of the holiday, either, since my kids just wind up pigging out on tons of junk. And it's raining cats and dogs here, so trick or treating tonight will be a mess. Otherwise, all is well. Lost 2.4 pounds when I weighed in Monday. I. Love. This. Diet.

FAN-FREAKING-TASTIC, girl!!! I want a Christmas challenge, too.

:spid: HAPPY HALLOWEEN all of you IP SUPER HEROS :ghost:

Sending loads of strength and super powers your way ~ remember, the decision is ours to make to avoid the bad sugary stuff that blocks us from goal. Use the force (3FC forum) and let's stay focused!! :haphal:

:dracula: :badbat: :sklol: :frank: :witch2: :ghost: :bat:

Such good words to remember. We all have the ability to control ourselves. I will not let that stinking candy beat me!

Only .6 loss this week :(

Still at a 2.4lb per week average :)

Congrats! What a great weekly average!

That's awesome! :) Take a pic so we can see. My costume this year is a frazzled, tired mom. LOL.

Delgen
10-31-2013, 01:43 PM
Congratulations on 1 week done! I enjoyed your post about the scale. In the past the scale has been a consistent source of sabotage for me and so many of us. If I am up a pound or more, I throw in the towel, if I am down a pound it is cause for celebration and some food. I have been back on plan and am anxiously awaiting for the numbers to move down. TOM is visiting and I know the scale won't be accurate for about a half a week or so. I am thinking it might be better to forgo the daily WI's for awhile anyway and trust the plan which I KNOW works.

Oh, I think this is a great idea! Good luck :hug::hug::hug:

Delgen
10-31-2013, 01:45 PM
They say it happens in threes, so I am wondering what is next! I wish I could crawl back into bed until tomorrow, but unfortunately I have to head back to work.

I know this isn't IP related, just needed to vent. :p
Maybe the third thing will be something really GOOD!!!:hug::hug::hug:

Delgen
10-31-2013, 01:46 PM

Awesome!!!:hug::hug::hug:

Smooshie76
10-31-2013, 01:50 PM
I've been at a stall for the last few weeks... I'm thinking if phasing off for the holidays, then maybe trying to lose another 10 in the new year (although I'm pretty happy with my current weight too). Haven't heard back from my coach about this, she wanted me to lose another 15 for some reason although that would put me at the weight I was at when I was 21. I'm 37 now! A bit frustrated about that... I feel like she just wants my money...

CrystalWolf
10-31-2013, 01:58 PM
Hello IPers!

So many things to comment on too many to try and quote and I will probably forget half. I will just say congrats to all of our losers and the lovely NSVs.

Love the comment about using the 3FC "Force" against the candy today. I am so glad to have the daily support and sharing in this forum. Maintenance is hard and this place keeps me in the right frame of mind!

Shrinkingsusie, I hope your third thing is an awesome thing and that your day ends on a better note!

:hug::hug::hug: 3FC!!!!

64peppergirl
10-31-2013, 02:23 PM
I am taking my chicken stir-fry with me this evening as we celebrate Halloween with family which includes our new great grandson born 3 days ago. Everyone else is having pizza but I know I won't be tempted because I just can't imagine getting off this "weight-loss train" I'm on.
I've lost 38 pounds in the last 5 weeks and am over the moon since I had given up hope of ever losing weight again. Nothing I tried ever worked until my doctor recommended Ideal Protein. Love this diet!!!

Annik
10-31-2013, 02:46 PM
Going to a Chef Verati presentation this coming Monday night. Looking forward to it!

Annik

GettinHealthyNow
10-31-2013, 02:54 PM

Congratulations! Thank you for the inspiration - your start weight, height and goal are almost identical to mine - you make me feel that YES I can do this too. You look great. Well done :hug:

lighthouse101
10-31-2013, 03:01 PM
Going to a Chef Verati presentation this coming Monday night. Looking forward to it!

Annik

Yay! I just went to one a couple of weeks ago and it was great - very fun, and I came away with lots of great ideas. Hope you enjoy it!

sarahBell
10-31-2013, 03:55 PM
If anyone is looking for a pair of jeans I have a pair to get rid of. They are old navy size 20 boot cut sweethearts from old navy. The Bottom of the cuffs are a little freyed but they are well loved and I did my best to take care of them :)

If interested please PM me.

I know there is a thread for this but I cannot find it :o

lisa32989
10-31-2013, 05:34 PM
I have thought about your stall often. I hope my unsolicited input doesn't cause you grief but, I just want to say that a stall is better than a gain. I hardly ever get my mind around that thought but, now that I'm back OP with weeks or months to back off the gain, it makes more sense.

Also, just wanted to mention someone on WW stalled for many weeks in a row and then tried this plan of alternating their points by days of week, up/down/up/down and it got their metabolism going again. Too many days in a row of the same thing causes the body to stall. Lisa, who is now an IP coach and has a FB page stalled and her coach took her to phase 2 for 2 weeks, I believe, and when she went back to Phase 1 the weight dropped quickly, like 6 lbs.

Good luck! I'm sure I will get to a stall at some point. You've been way more patient than I might be.

Wouldn't it be something if your fun meal pops you out of your stall? Have you stalled before? The body is a funny thing...enjoy your dinner!!
I've cycled thru the phases twice now since June (& had another fun day-which I refuse to call a "cheat day" b/c it isn't cheating!)

Anyway, after the first cycle, I lost 5 more lbs when I returned to p1 (5 in a MONTH :p). This time was the 2nd cycle. Nada. Virtually stalled scale-wise since Aug.

This is why I am choosing a longer stretch of maintenance eating. I'll work out, let my body readjust, and figure out p4 for a while. Maybe a longer p1 break will jump-start my metabolism.

AliExpat
10-31-2013, 05:43 PM
I've cycled thru the phases twice now since June (& had another fun day-which I refuse to call a "cheat day" b/c it isn't cheating!)

Anyway, after the first cycle, I lost 5 more lbs when I returned to p1 (5 in a MONTH :p). This time was the 2nd cycle. Nada. Virtually stalled scale-wise since Aug.

This is why I am choosing a longer stretch of maintenance eating. I'll work out, let my body readjust, and figure out p4 for a while. Maybe a longer p1 break will jump-start my metabolism.

GEEZ!!!! You are on some journey!!! Rock on!!

saskgirl
10-31-2013, 05:47 PM

Annik

Are you in Regina Annik?
I am going too!

shrinkingsusie
10-31-2013, 06:07 PM
Maybe the third thing will be something really GOOD!!!:hug::hug::hug:

Shrinkingsusie, I hope your third thing is an awesome thing and that your day ends on a better note!

It was!! Flowers waiting for me when I got home from my husband with a card that said "I hope this makes your day better!" :)

Maxxy
10-31-2013, 06:39 PM
Are you in Regina Annik?
I am going too!

Me too! Lol. See u all there

ReenHag
10-31-2013, 08:16 PM
:haphal: all! Hope everyone is being successful and strong tonight with all those treats floating around. I think our little ghosts and goblins are about done for the night, so I am about to turn off thr lights and hunker down for the evening.

Feeling a bit scratchy in the throat and snuffly, so I decided to take some inspiration from Lisa and make chicken soup using rotisserie chicken. I chopped celery, bok choy, green onion, and spinach for the soup, then measured out my eight oz of chicken. Delish! The chicken was still warm from the store, so I just poured my veggie soup broth over it and enjoyed. It definitely helped the throat a bit.

well yesterday had my 3rd weigh and lost 2 lbs .. that is good right?

I am taking my chicken stir-fry with me this evening as we celebrate Halloween with family which includes our new great grandson born 3 days ago. Everyone else is having pizza but I know I won't be tempted because I just can't imagine getting off this "weight-loss train" I'm on.
I've lost 38 pounds in the last 5 weeks and am over the moon since I had given up hope of ever losing weight again. Nothing I tried ever worked until my doctor recommended Ideal Protein. Love this diet!!!

Weighed in this AM...another 3.2 down. So pumped about that!

Finished my first week back on IP. I woke up and realized it had been a week, and was amazed. Wow those first few days were hard, and I think I just repressed them!!!

Finally in Ketosis, and I love the feeling of [almost] forgetting to eat! I fixed my oatmeal (an alternative) and it sat in front of me while I read the paper and scanned 3Chicks. Instead of just inhaling the stuff, I was able to savor it and take my time. I am feeling good and in control again!!!

:goodscale: :congrat: Congrats to everyone on all the losses and NSV's! There were so many today; I am sure I missed some, but WTG everyone!

Lisa, enjoy your night out with friends!

Wow! Congrats! :cheer3::cheer3::cheer3:

Have a blast! How exciting to be in such a fun, flirty costume!

It was!! Flowers waiting for me when I got home from my husband with a card that said "I hope this makes your day better!" :)

Awww, such a sweet hubby. I hope the rest of the evening and this weekend are smooth sailing for you.

kelseys928
10-31-2013, 08:22 PM
happy halloween everyone! avoided the candy and actually didn't even feel tempted. love that i feel in control. my new go to veggie is chopped up cauliflower "rice" put a little soy sauce mix it in with chicken and you got some chinese food. a little worried I've put too much soy sauce though. it just tastes too good and the sodium makes me nervous!

Hiker88
10-31-2013, 08:31 PM
I'm sitting in my house with the lights off... I refuse to buy any candy and have it stare at me tonight... I'm tired... and hungry... so that's my strategy.. I haven't touched sugar since I started and I'm determined not to!!

Jenny38
10-31-2013, 08:32 PM

Way to go:carrot:

brelo
10-31-2013, 08:41 PM

Welcome to IP and 3FC!! Glad to have you with us. Good job on your planning for the evening. It is so rewarding to see the pounds drop that it is great motivation to keep going even when others around us are eating pizza or whatever!

I know I had just about given up on dieting, too. I tried numerous diets and I would lose 10 pounds and then hit a stall that would last for many weeks. I think the last time I did WW was the last diet I tried about 2 years ago. I counted every point and for 2 months the scale didn't budge!! I sat in the meeting for the last time and while all the clapping was happening I fought back the tears, and didn't do a very good job. I never went back! Then I found IP!!!!!! The rest as you know is history. This diet works, and because of 3FC I understand WHY. That's the exciting part, I know HOW to do this now and why it works, and nothing is going to hold me back ever again.

I would say good luck but with this diet you don't really need it! So instead I'll say this: have fun!!

PurpleMomster
10-31-2013, 09:35 PM
Happy Halloween all! Managed to get rid of all the candy - woohoo - now just waiting to go pick up my son at his friend's house to go through his stash. So far, nothing has been too tempting, which is good.

We had a Halloween costume contest at work today and a few of us brought food. I made kale chips (lizard skin), mockamole (ground lizard) and a veggie tray and I'm amazed at the number of people who really liked the mockamole. Worked out well for me because it was all stuff I could eat :D I will admit the little oreo cheesecakes were pretty tempting but I stayed away.

Jo

Bella73123
10-31-2013, 10:12 PM
Ugh...had a slight slip up, and it wasn't even Halloween candy! It was a very small taste of frosting, as soon as I did it I grabbed an extra packet before I did anything worse. We walked for 90 minutes taking the kids around tonight, so hopefully it won't affect things too badly. Can't take it back now so all I can do is get right back on track, I'm not letting this get the best of me!

Posted from 3fatchicks.com App for Android

KareVT
10-31-2013, 10:43 PM
Congrats Susie! That's awesome!

Darlac...2 down is great. We all get disappointed with the scale but this is about the whole journey, not one weigh in. And 2 is great. Keep going!

Love the fun Halloween post KareVT!

Today was my weigh in because my clinic is out on Saturday. I wasn't here last weekend so this is an 'almost 2 week' number.

Happy! Lost 5.5 lbs and down 32.6 pounds overall. Yay! I know this will help me stay strong today amidst the sugar.

IP POWER to all!

Yay vachinyc - congrats on the amazing loss! That is so rewarding and falls at a really good time. Awesome job and super stats. I'm sure you were able to stay super strong amidst all of the sugar.

Happy Halloween! I'm not a big fan of the holiday, either, since my kids just wind up pigging out on tons of junk. And it's raining cats and dogs here, so trick or treating tonight will be a mess. Otherwise, all is well. Lost 2.4 pounds when I weighed in Monday. I. Love. This. Diet.

FAN-FREAKING-TASTIC, girl!!! I want a Christmas challenge, too.

Such good words to remember. We all have the ability to control ourselves. I will not let that stinking candy beat me!

Congrats! What a great weekly average!

That's awesome! :) Take a pic so we can see. My costume this year is a frazzled, tired mom. LOL.

Melissakate - hats off to you too. Congrats on the loss. I'm no fan of halloween either and alas, it has come and gone just like every other holiday.. All it takes is a blink of an eye. Hope all is well : )

Hello IPers!

So many things to comment on too many to try and quote and I will probably forget half. I will just say congrats to all of our losers and the lovely NSVs.

Love the comment about using the 3FC "Force" against the candy today. I am so glad to have the daily support and sharing in this forum. Maintenance is hard and this place keeps me in the right frame of mind!

Hi CrystalWolf - I agree, so many awesome posts today and way too hard to comment on all of them.. Hope all is well and that you were able to navigate through Halloween and use the Force!

Annik

Annik - you are SO lucky - I want full details, please!!!

Delgen
11-01-2013, 12:45 AM

We'll how cool is that! Power of positive thinking!:hug::hug::hug:

kcdoe
11-01-2013, 02:41 AM
Hello everyone! I've been in the hospital since Monday . Have a bowel obstruction. Perfect diet plan boy anything to avoid Halloween candy lol. Have a tube in my stomach hoping things start working on there own again without surgery !!! Walking and praying !!!