General Diet Plans and Questions - Doing Our Own Thing - July

View Full Version : Doing Our Own Thing - July

Jello
07-01-2003, 02:58 PM
Welcome to the July thread dedicated to anyone who’s Doing Her Own Thing! :D We are a group of ladies who found each other on this great forum and have shared our thoughts, concerns and ideas on weight-loss and oh, just about everything else. Many different plans and programs are represented on this thread, all with the common goal of finding that thinner, healthier and even more beautiful (as if that were possible! ;) ) person inside each of us.

The June thread started with Café’s punchbowl full of virtual margaritas. But this thread is a BYO, I think. Bring your own ideas. Bring your own thoughts. And be ready to have your mind informed, your body improved and your funny bone tickled! :lol:

Oh and don't forget to go back and read the last few posts of the June thread. You don't want to miss a thing, do you?

Jello
07-01-2003, 03:07 PM
Hope I did that OK??? :^:

Just wanted to reiterate (oooh, big word!) that you really should go back to read the last few posts in the June thread. Well, you can skip over my ramblings, of course, but don't miss Faye's "report" on the wedding! :love:

Anyway, that's my start to a new thread. Hope you don't mind. :sorry:

SEMO
07-01-2003, 03:46 PM
Hello Girls!

I've not been able to bring up this site all morning. We had a storm that went thru yesterday, knocked out my computer and one phone at home. Dang it, anyway, I'm afraid it's fried, but will have someone look at it to see if anything can be done.

I've been up since 3:30 this morning, did manage to get some housework done during that time before work. Even worked in a little exercise, of course I'm starting to feel the effects now, so if you hear a thud it's probably my head hitting the desktop.:o

Faye, sounds as if you had a wonderful time, so happy that it turned out well. I missed your wave, catch it the next time. By the time you got to me you were probably in a dead run for home. You're DH sounds like mine, mine hates any type of line, won't go to a resturant if he has to wait more than 15 minutes.

It's supposed to rain more today, if it does I'm leaving at noon Wed and not returning until Monday. So if I'm MIA, I'll be back Monday, unless we get the computer fixed, and that's probably not going to happen on a holiday week.

Gotta go, see ya later.

DNW
07-01-2003, 05:12 PM
Well Bob and I went to this really nice hotel in Princeton, NJ, The Westin at Forrestal Village (which is a shopping center made to look like a small town street, with trees and it is not enclosed...very nice but bizarre because you almost feel like you are on a movie set). Anyway the hotel is at the end of the "street". We were very surprised that it was so fancy as it cost only $124 per night with a buffet breakfast included...which was great!!)

Anyway after we checked in, I wanted to go into the outdoor pool, but had to walk through the indoor pool to get there. Well being in a rush like us East Coast people usually are, I flew through and lost my footing and nearly fell into the pool and managed to really hurt my right foot pretty badly, and bruise my ribs and thighs. I think I bruised a muscle in my right foot pretty badly...but I can walk so far. Going to the podiatrist tomorrow for X-Rays since she has been on vacation since last week.

The funny thing was I had my pocketbook with me and as I was falling I was screaming "MY PALM PILOT!!!!!!!!". I mean how sad is that....I didn't even pay for it as it was a gift from my VP to everyone in our department 3 years ago...talk about messed up priorities :lol: Well I think I better learn to slow down...since all the pool wasn't going anywhere was it? :^:

So I never got to use the really nice gym or treadmills but I did get a pretty darn good sunburn....still the weekend away was nice as we had a very small electrical problem in our kitchen last week that killed our big air conditioner and we are still waiting for the electrician to come and fix it so it's rather warm in my apartment to say the least.

Love to all...got to get back to work. Smoochies!! :grouphug:

huntress
07-02-2003, 07:38 AM
Hi Everyone!

How is everybody? I haven't had a chance to read through all of the last thread so I'll just have to get caught up from here. Hope you're all doing well and have a nice long 4th of July weekend.

The last week or so has been crazy for me. My son got sick and I had to go get him and bring him back to see the doctor. He had a kidney stone and we've been going back every other day. I have a house full once again and it doesn't look like he will be going back since there were only 2 weeks left for the campers and he has another appointment next week. Not sure that I want to drive another 400 miles again just to have to turn around and go back in a week anyways.

Needless to say with everything going on I haven't stayed OP and have probably gained back a little of what I lost. But I'm going to just get right back to it and try not to worry so much. At least it's nice having him home and he fixed the computer.

Have a great day all!

LJ

SEMO
07-02-2003, 11:36 AM
Just a quick stop to say Hey. I've got to push myself today so I can get out by early afternoon. Was hoping to leave by noon, but I don't think that I'll make that.

OH, I WAS DOWN A POUND THIS MORNING and Aunt Flow is visiting! Hoping that it will be more after she's left town. I even weighed twice just to make sure. Laaa Dee Daaa, maybe I'll be more careful with all the bar-b-q this weekend so I don't gain it back!

Well, I'm off. You all have a SAFE holiday, watch out for that other guy if you're traveling.

Huz,
Semo

Cafe976
07-02-2003, 01:37 PM
Hi everyone! Peeps at the office are all trying to leave town so things are hectic here. Just had a chance to drop in and catch up. :)

Got to have a report done in 20 minutes, LOL, so I guess it's time to start on it.

Hugs to all - and btw Jello thanks for making the thread. Why would anyone mind, I think it's a good idea for whoever is around to make it.

I'll be stopping by later I hope! If anyone is leaving and not coming back, have a great weekend!

~Cafe

Tigerlily
07-03-2003, 07:49 AM
:wave: Hey! DH on vacation and we are working like dogs to get the house stained. I'll be back full force next week! :)

Jello
07-03-2003, 09:25 AM
Didn't even get a chance to check in yesterday. :( Things suddenly got busy around here. And I have a question. Why does management "reward" the people who work the hardest by giving them more work when other USELESS :mad: people are sitting around on their a**es, filing their fingernails!!?!?!?!?!?!

Grumble.

OK, done complaining ... for the moment. :devil: No old *itch today so it should be better and more pleasant at least.

It finally happened. I went to Curves last night and, instead of doing the usual 3 times around the machines, I did about 2 and a half and decided I just didn't want to do any more. So I stopped. :o Now that's never happened before. This better not be the start of a trend! Actually, my Curves center is closed tomorrow and Saturday for the holiday so I either have to go tonight or wait until Monday.

I'm thinking tonight. :angel:

Semo, a pound down even with Aunt Flo hanging around you!?!?! Congratulations girl!

Huntress, how is your son? Kidney stones can be really painful! :yikes: Hope he's feeling better. (And your computer too!)

Tiger, how's the house looking? Sounds like fun! Yes, I am serious. I love that kind of stuff. Yeah, I'm weird.

Speaking of housework, we're going to install a new window or two this weekend. Taking some time off tomorrow to go to a coworker's holiday cookout but the rest of the weekend is for home improvement.

But if I don't get through all this paperwork, I'll never get to the weekend so I'd better go. In case I don't get back here today I wish you all a happy and safe holiday weekend!! :love:

Cafe976
07-03-2003, 10:37 AM
Hi there!

Today the office should be a ghost town, I'm looking forward to enjoying it after the past few days...

In the meantime, tummy is rumbling. I didn't have time for breakfast this morning so I'm going to go find something so I don't mess up at lunchtime.

Jello - what are you going to improve?

I think it's an improvement when I clean up the house!! :lol:

Jello
07-03-2003, 04:59 PM
HAVE A HAPPY AND SAFE HOLIDAY WEEKEND!!

gma22
07-04-2003, 08:14 AM
Good morning ladies!

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY

Hope you all have a wonderful holiday weekend with family and friends. Don't eat too much, but be sure and enjoy yourselves!

Faye

brighterdays
07-04-2003, 01:23 PM
Happy 4th of July!!

I'm at the end of my vacation after this long weekend and I've gotten alot accomplished so I feel better now. Some projects you just let go until you actually have the time for them.

I've started losing more weight despite my hit and miss eating---I guess it's because of all the WORK I'm doing at home. Did I say I was on VACATION???!!! I promised myself I would get in a little play time on this vacation but it didn't work out---maybe we'll do something fun over the weekend yet.

Have a great holiday everyone!

:balloons:

Bright

sassysus
07-05-2003, 12:40 PM
Hello!

We returned home from a week at a cottage yesterday and had a great time! Well except for the eating but hey it was holidays and todays a new da!

Hope everyone had a great Independance Day-it was Canada Day here for us on July 1st and we enjoyed a wonderful pickerel dinner!

gma22
07-06-2003, 05:55 AM
Been real busy with the holiday weekend and peeked in a couple times, but didn't have time to post.

Looks like everyone is busy with their weekend. We had a nice time at dgs's birthday pool party yesterday. He, his granddad and I played for hours in the pool together either fighting the "granddad monster" or sword fighting with those noodle things or playing kick ball in the pool. I was basically the instrument dgs used to accomplish all this. They have a big inground pool, but it has one of those plastic liners instead of concrete and the darn thing can be slippery, but I did the best I could being the protector, and holder so he could sword fight and play kick ball with granddad. (hey, I got to hold him for a long time, how bad can that be, especially when he tells me "Nonny, put your arms around me tight and protect me so the granddad monster can't get me.") They are coming over this evening for a cookout so sil can help dh with a computer router problem. I told dgs I had bought him a surprise for dinner at the grocery store. "Did you buy me shrump, Nonny?" I told him I did so now he is all excited because he gets "shrump" for dinner! :lol: Don't know how I lived without a grandchild! :lol: :lol:

Bright, Cafe, Jello: You guys work too hard! What a way to have to spend your weekend.

To all of you. Hope you are having a great weekend!

Faye

Jello
07-07-2003, 09:26 AM
Monday already. :p Woke up this morning and thought it must be Sunday. Can't possibly be Monday already!! Ah but it is.

Had a great time at a barbeque on Friday but ate entirely too much. The rest of the weekend was spent on "house stuff". We put in a new window in the living room and then Rich went out and bought a pretty new air conditioner for it. Needed it. The weather was hot hot hot hot hot. Did a little shopping (who? me? ;) ) on Saturday but spent most of the weekend inside. Just too darn hot to be outdoors longer than it took to hang some laundry on the line. P.S. It was dry in no time at all!

Unfortunately, I didn't stay on program this weekend. Didn't get much exercise. Didn't drink my water. :sorry:

But I guess today's a new day. I've decided that the low-carb was an experiment. I'm glad I tried it and had some success but it's just not for me. I think that if I go back to low-cal, low-fat combined with water and exercise, I can be successful ... even more so! :strong: Hey, it's best to stay with what you know, I'm thinking.

Well, gotta get to work, I suppose. Talk to you all later!

Tigerlily
07-07-2003, 10:14 AM
Hi! I'm back...or should I say, DH is gone (to work).

We stained the house a dark brown. It looks much better. Still have to do the deck and around the walk-out patio door. My shoulder is sore and the darn paintbrush felt like it weighed a ton by the third day.
Jello, Contgrats on the loss of lbs and inches! And getting new "holders". I need to shop for some of those too. My boys are getting too old to take along, so hard to find time. Was it hard putting in new windows? We need to do that, but figured we'd hire someone. ;)
Semo! Down a pound! Does that have you back on the exercise track?

I'll be back later today. Duty calls...

gma22
07-07-2003, 10:55 AM
Good morning to all!

Looks like everyone had a pretty busy weekend in one form or another. DH and sil got the router problem solved yesterday so I now have internet and e-mail on my computer too, which is great. DH spends so much time up here and I hate to boot him off so I can post etc and now I don't have to.

We had a great cookout last night and dd fixed garlic butter corn on the cob which is great and probably not bad in calories because you don't need to re-butter. I just put a little salt on mine and I am the queen of butter sloppy corn. DGS of course got his "shrump" so he was in hog heaven. I am including a pic of he and I at his birthday party on Saturday.

I am going to try and go hop into the pool. I missed Sat and Sun with rain and a torrid aunt flo on Saturday so I need the exercise.

TTFN Faye

Cafe976
07-07-2003, 01:08 PM
Happy Monday, everyone!

I did a LOT of relaxing this weekend. Ooo, that sounds boring, but I had a nice mix of accomplishing things and playing along with it. I'm fighting a little tonsilly thing in my throat so I just laid low and liked it.

Anyhow, it's a brand new day! DH told me last night what his schedule is for the quarter beginning next week. Sooo.. Now that I know what the rhythm of our life will be I'm scheming about my summer. ;)

It's not my favorite shedule ever, we won't be spending any evenings at home together M-Th, because he has classes on the evenings we aren't already busy.. But it tells me what I will be doing for dinner - something simple. 2 nights have to be quick because we will leave again, 2 nights I know I won't cook real meals when he's not around. Which makes it a good time to set up a diet plan! Yea!

The weekends will need particular attention, though because I can tell right now that it could get ugly...

So... that's all that's new with me. Really!

~Cafe, feeling kinda quiet today.

SEMO
07-07-2003, 02:56 PM
Just a quick "pop in" to say hello. You would not believe my desk after being off since Wed afternoon. OMG, they worked, Thur, Fri, Sat and Sun. I WANNA GO HOME!

Faye, what a handsome young fella. Can't tell that you're proud! We do Mamma brags all the time, so it's okay for you to do a Grand-mamma Brag. I love kids, but I've never grown up either! Ha.

Gotta run, back when the smoke clears.

SEMO
07-08-2003, 10:18 AM
am I on the wrong thread, or what? Slowly working my way thru this mess, but at least I'm making headway.

Still doing my modified low carb diet and this works for me. I've added blue bunny lite yogurt to my diet. I read a big article about how the live cultures eat the lactose, thus reducing the actual carbs. Anyway, I love the stuff and so far it's not caused a gain.

Hope everyone is doing well, catch up with you all later.

Huz
Semo

Tigerlily
07-08-2003, 11:39 AM
:tired: storms, power out, trees down, no sleep...ugh. I'm going to be dragging butt today.

On the diet front...I haven't been eat'n a lot of food, but also haven't made the best choices for what I am putting in my mouth. Weighed 198 this morning and aunt flo is here big time.
I haven't been doing deliberate exercise, but have been "active busy" like crazy. :shrug: Not gaining, but not lose'n either. *head hurts, thinking too hard*:^:

Jello
07-08-2003, 12:41 PM
Went to Curves last night and was going to walk home as usual (not quite a mile). Walked out the door and the skies just opened up and it started pouring, teeming rain. Thunder, lighting, high winds, torrential downpour... no umbrella or coat. I ran for cover under a nearby business porch and decided I just had to wait it out. So I sat there....

And sat there....

And sat there..........

And then, through the rain and fog, what do I see? It's Rich coming to rescue me! My hero! :love:

But ooh, was that a ride. Rain coming down so hard that you can't keep the windshield clear even with the fastest wiper setting, etc. I spent a lot of time clutching the dashboard. :eek:

I guess it's fortunate that the neighborhood ice cream truck doesn't make its rounds in weather like that. Darn little white vehicle with its little bell and its little pictures of nutty buddies and fudgsicles all over it.....

Sorry. Jello's off again. :rolleyes:

OK, done rambling for another day! Gotta get back to work. Things are a little crazy here.

gma22
07-08-2003, 01:32 PM
Sounds like you guys in the north got hit pretty good with storms again. I know Chicago got pounded the other day with hail.

It clouds up here every evening, but we haven't gotten too bad.

Tig: I have been having a terrible time getting back on program strict. Too much summer time junk to eat and traveling does it to me also. I really want to buckle down and pull lbs off before my birthday in Sept. Those seats at Wrigley field are SMALLLLLLL! I remember the last time I was there. Thank goodness it was cool and we had taken jackets and a blanket because the metal arms on the seats cut the heck out of my legs without the padding. I think all the summer goodies are hard to resist. Old Aunt Flo is carrousing around my house too and she can just get on her broom and fly away and I hope sooner or later forever! :lol:

Jello: My dh doesn't believe in using the faster speed on the wipers so think what we would have been like. He scares the poo out of me when we have a downpour and here are the wipers dragging butt at the slowest speed! Glad you made it home ok and thank God for your hero!

Semo: Yes, T is my pride and joy. He called me today and I was over at the pool so he left this long message all upset. I called him when I got back in the house and his mom answered and said, "Thank God you're home he has been driving me nuts wanting to talk to you!" He just jabbered away for about 15 minutes about how he got a new yellow blowdryer for his hair. He wanted to come over and his mom said no so of course he starts bawling and then he wouldn't talk anymore because he couldn't come over to the house. I didn't keep the car today so I couldn't go get him, which she probably wouldn't have let me do anyway! They live across town and she works nights so it is hard during the week to see him much. Have you caught up on work yet? I know you said you were pretty slammed.

I sent out 4 more resumes for jobs. I tell you being older is the pits when it comes to getting back into the work force. I only apply for positions I am qualified for, but I never hear anything so I can only assume it is my age. It isn't hard to figure out when you see when I graduated and went to college and the time frame I have for jobs. On top of that, it looks like I hop around a lot because there are all these different towns because of dh's military service, but I can't do anything about that. Oh well, sooner or later there will be something out there for me!

You gals have a great day!

Faye

Cafe976
07-08-2003, 03:48 PM
Things are nuts - eating lunch now at almost 2 - can't eat and type. Hugs to all...

Jello
07-08-2003, 04:41 PM
Cafe, lunch? What's that? :?: Seriously, I actually got about 15 minutes today. A record, I think. And then there was the attack of the M&M's. :m: :m: :m: Augh!

Anyway, glad you were able to check in with us today! :)

Just a quick check in for me too. Now it's back to the M&M's... Oops. I mean work. Yeah, that's it. ;)

gma22
07-09-2003, 07:28 AM
Good morning all!

The cat was attacking me and I had an achy hip so decided I might as well get up and post.

Hope all of you have the bad weather pass you by. We have had a couple of beautiful days but it does get so very humid here.

Jello: :nono: those :m: :m: are sure to find their way to your butt! At least you pick something little! :lol: Me, I'd go for a whole chocolate bar!

Well, dh got up late and cat is trying to tear the house up so I better go. I will peek in later

Faye

Tigerlily
07-09-2003, 10:06 AM
Good Morning :yawn:
Storms still hanging out in my neck of the woods, but looks like we are going to get a small break today....but back tonight. There are flash flood warnings, but my area is ok. The new pond is filling up nicely.:p
This morning, I saw a Blue Heron at the edge of the pond. What a beautiful bird. It looked to be over 3 ft tall. Wish I would have taken his picture. *drats*
Jello, did you go to curves last night to get rid of those evil candies?
DH brought home a load of junk food from work. Has anyone had the new coffee flavored oreo's? :^: Wish he would have thought to donate it all to the employee breakroom. Men.

Here it is mid July and I need shorts. It's just too darn hot to spend the summer in capris. So, I'm gonna have to drag the boys out today and see if I can find some shorts. Don't know whats worse...taking the boys or trying on shorts. :devil: Sure hope the racks aren't all filled with winter coats already.
Also on the agenda, picking up sticks....AGAIN!

Hope everyone is doing great!

SEMO
07-09-2003, 10:36 AM
Gooooooood Morning!

Tig, remember when picking up sticks was fun? I know what you mean tho, we have several pecan trees and everytime we have a breeze we have limbs everywhere. Good exercise tho!:D

Faye, Hang in there, you will land the perfect job. They just don't know what their missing. To me, an older employee is more dedicated and reliable than a younger person. We don't have babysitter problems and generally do not miss as much work. (Sorry, young gals, but you know what I mean.) :crossed: for you Faye.

Jello, just picture this as you're butt :m: :m: Yep, I'm :tired: and a little :snooty: . Still have my wierd humor. Come on Cafe, help me out here.

Hey to the rest of the gang, anyone heard from Quilter? Anyone feeling DUMPED besides me? Come on Gang, report in, we miss ya.

Gotta run.

Jello
07-09-2003, 11:41 AM
Yeah, I'm feelin' dumped too!! :snooty: Humph! Lookit me! All snooty with my li'l nose in the air and my red M&M heiny. Ain't I a picture? :lol:

The good news is I stopped after only about 10 M&M's. They were tasty. I enjoyed them very much. And then I stopped. The end.

And now they're sittin' in MY end! :lol: Giggle. Snort.

Semo, don't EVER lose that weird humor! Yay humor!!

Faye, hope something really good comes along job-wise. Just keep plugging. I'm thinking I may be making a career change soon too. Gotta wait until after the surgery and all but maybe I can hang until early next year. This place and all its politics and nonsense and back-stabbing are getting to me. :stress:

Tiger, nope no Curves last night. Instead, I went to the toy store. Took my big kid (Rich) along. Finally had to get on the cell phone and call my sister to tell him personally that "No! You are not going to buy any son of mine BOXING GLOVES for his 5th birthday!!!" Pretty funny. They were Incredible Hulk boxing gloves with sound effects. :rolleyes: We ended up at the sporting goods store buying him the hockey sticks, balls and net that he was asking for. Man, kid stuff is expensive these days. :o

BTW Tiger, yes I have tried the chocolate oreos! :T They're right back there with the M&M's. :lol:

And now this post has come full circle. I'm done. (Thank goodness, eh?) Gotta get back to work. Internal QA audit team is making its rounds today. My department is next. Hope I know what I'm doing. :shrug: Ah well.

It's hot here.

My M&M's are gettin' squishy....

SEMO
07-09-2003, 12:34 PM
Jello, Laughing, you Silly.

DNW
07-09-2003, 02:08 PM
Hi everyone!!

I am starting to get homey and nesty again. I have a 36 x 52 table next to my fridge that I just recovered with a thin bed throw with a quilt pattern that I was going to toss and decided to use and it now makes the table a nice accent piece that I have my canisters, cookbooks, blender, assortment of salt and pepper shakers and jars of all sorts with anything you can think of in them. I used velcro to attach the quilt to the table and will finish the cover tonight. Who knew!!!

Faye: I am in my mid-fifties and dread the day I have to look for a job again...there is definitely job descrimination with regard to age! I work as an executive secretary and make a decent salary for the Northern NJ area but my company is always slicing and dicing so someday soon I will be in the same boat as you and I don't think it's going to be easy for me either. Good luck.

Jello: When is the surgery now...I can't remember from day to day what's going on anymore...early dementia I think....DUH!!!!

Semo: You are a riot about the M&Ms and you sound like you are back to your old self...I am down to 257 again and will start walking with old Leslie Sansome next week...my right foot still is painful after 1 1/2 weeks of ice and rest...but the doctor said it was a major internal bruising..guess I have to really keep my eyes open when I start walking again...even if it's only the living room :lol:

Tiger: Glad you are not in the middle of that flooding up by you..stay safe.

Hi to Cafe, Brighter, Quilter (wherever you are), Huntress, and the long lost Tiffany!!

Smoochies!! :grouphug:

Cafe976
07-09-2003, 03:03 PM
Well, I have to say if my butt were an M&M...

That would be 2 gaZONGa M&Ms... Or maybe it's just ripple-y like the M&Ms that I may or may not have eaten in a previous life are sitting down there? :o (cause I NEVER would eat any now now, HA!) :p

Seriously, this must be a WHEN CHOCOLATE ATTACKS day because somehow a Heath bar ended up in my purse. Maybe someone was trying to steal it and got the wrong bag?? I don't think so. :dizzy:

OK well things are better today except that I'm tired and a little punchy after using up so much adrenalin yesterday. I was a big slacker this morning, too, so now I have to work up the motivation to get my work done this afternoon.

Anyone got any motivation ideas? :?:

~Cafe

gma22
07-09-2003, 03:35 PM
Afternoon ladies!

Cafe: I am OCD so I am definitely not the one to talk to about motivation. I am so overly motivated I drive my poor dh nuts! I cannot sit down and watch one television program all the way through without hopping up and down. I have a problem with commercials (see them as wasted time so I hop up to do something while they are on, then decide, what the **** I have already started whatever it was so I will go ahead and finish it and end up not even seeing the rest of the show!) I work hard to compensate for it, but am not too successful a lot of the time! Now you can see why you never hear me say I didn't exercise. I feel compelled to do it no matter what! I know, I know, I should weigh about 98 lbs! :lol: As for chocolate, IT LIKE BRAS, was created by a man so it is EVIL! I cannot live without it! I am not an :m: :m: freak like those who shall remain nameless, but woohoo give me a good ole Hershey bar and I am happier than a pig in slop. (I just have to keep these good ole boys down here happy with those colloquialisms from time to time!:lol: )

DNW: My poor sister, who is 58, is the bread winner for her and her husband (he has MS) and is currently in a job with her school system that pays poorly, but she desperately needs the insurance available. So, I guess I should count my lucky stars because I don't HAVE to work. It just really frosts my cookies, oops forgot the group I was talking too, uummmmm, it just really flames my buns, that because I am near 50 I must either be senile, greedy, or stupid, take your pick. I just have to accept it and keep trying and not get down about it.

Semo: oooh, sweety don't feel dumped! You still have us! Well, we are better than NOTHIN'!! :lol: :lol:

Jello: I keep seeing that commercial where the girl had two big cinnamon buns attached to her #$% getting off the subway. You must be a sight with a red tush and a big M on each cheek! :lol: Actually, you were a very good girl to only have uh, 10 was it?

Tiger: Good luck with the shorts. Bet the boys will be thrilled! :lol: I know how much T hates to shop! His mom always drags me with her because I play with him so she can shop. Both of best worlds! I get to spend time with him and she gets her shopping done. I am a bad ole Nonny though. I race through the store with him in the basket and buy him junk food and presents he definitely doesn't need!

Got my upstairs cleaned today and am going to Lowes tonight and get some more clips for my kitchen cupboard shelves. I have those darn plastic things that break pretty easy. I am in the clean and repair mode so I have to take advantage of it.

Everybody have a good afternoon and watch out for wayward :m: :m: . Never know when they will attack!

Faye

Tigerlily
07-09-2003, 05:23 PM
Howdy!
Short shopping sucked. Target didn't have diddle. I tried some on at Kmart that looked terrible. Did buy an above the knee denim skirt at Goodwill. It's kinda trendy looking and will look good with tanks and tees.
I also got birthday gifts for 2 little girl parties this weekend. One Saturday and one Sunday. Since I have 2 boys, buying little girl stuff for a change is fun.

I've missed lunch and I'm totally starved. This is when the demons usually strike. I'm going to eat some watermelon while I make a plan...

DNW, your nest sounds delightful.;)

:wave:

brighterdays
07-09-2003, 08:51 PM
Hi all,

Off vacation and back to work in full force!

Have this strange craving for chocolate after reading all the last posts....????

It'a been hot and muggy here and supposed to rain tomorrow.

I'll check in later....

Bright

Jello
07-10-2003, 10:54 AM
Brighter, picturing melted squishy butts makes you crave chocolate? Hmm.... interesting. :lol:

Just kidding! Don't hurt me!

Faye, yes actually I was very good. Um, OK, maybe it was 12 or so but still better than eating a whole 1-pound bag in one sitting. Blah. Just the thought's making me a little sick.

Actually, yesterday someone gave me a double-stuff oreo. I tried it. Hm. It was .... OK. I sorta liked the chocolate cookie part better than the extra cream.

Tiger, sorry you didn't have better luck with the shorts. Believe me, I know exactly how you feel. :( Have you tried Walmart? They usually have a better selection than other stores around here. Especially for us gals with "real" bodies! :cool:

BTW, Faye, I live in eastern PA. Within reeeeeaaalllll close driving distance of Hershey, PA. It's a great little town with Hershey kiss shaped street lights and the whole town literally smells like chocolate. Very tempting..... :T I toured the plant as a kid and they have these HUGE vats of melted chocolate being mixed with huge mixers. All that liquid, oozing, smooth chocolate sorta like Willy Wonka's chocolate factory. Good thing it's behind glass or folks might be diving on in.

Not me, of course.... :rolleyes:

Cafe, how's the motivation now? If you've found some, send it my way? .... And that heath bar too...? :devil:

DNW, July 29 is the surgery date. I'm not totally stressed just yet... :^:

Well, boss is lurking. Have to go. Later!

Tigerlily
07-10-2003, 11:22 AM
EWW, squishy chocolate butts. That should keep me away from chocolate for the rest of the day.

I'm gonna look for shorts again today. Walmart and JCP on the list of spots to hit. My towns JCP is small, so not much selection. :crossed: Being between misses and womens sizes makes it hard. And, being between "styles". I surely don't want young thang hot pants, but some "style" would be nice.
With two parties this weekend, it would be nice to have something to wear.

Right now, I'm heading out to look for big field rocks. After all the rain, they are peaking out of my mounds of dirt from the pond digging mess. Walking, bending, lifting, lug'n rocks. Sounds like exercise to me. :D

gma22
07-10-2003, 01:01 PM
Tiger: I don't know what your time frame is, but I have ordered stuff on line and been really happy. Chadwicks has cute stuff that would fit you. I have bought some of their stuff and it fit me fine and I have a HUGE BUTT! I also bought some adorable knit capris (though I know you are looking for shorts!) for $11 at the Jessica London online store. Lane Bryant, Roamans, Chadwicks and Jessica London are all owned by Brylane up yonder where you are btw. I just found that out recently when I ordered from both Jessica London and Chadwicks and they had my online info on both before I had even put it into the second one.

Jello: I would have to kill myself if I lived close to Hershey! That is like an alchoholic living in Milwaukee or a compulsive gambler in Vegas! I saw one of the travel channel shows about Hershey and saw where the hotel has Chocolate SOUP! I had to turn it off! I really do loveeeeee chocolate anything except when mixed with coffee. I HATE coffee as much as I love chocolate.

I went out to the pool after a quick rain downpour, got half my routine done and here it came again, but it wasn't thundering or lightening so I stuck it out and did the whole thing. It is tougher though when it is raining hard enough to make waves in the pool. Gives you quite a bit of resistance! My towel was under a table umbrella but fat lot of good that did so I just walked across the grass to the condo and dripped right into the house! :lol:

I am making headway on my kitchen, though getting those stupid clips/pegs out of the cupboards has been a trial and where some of them had fallen out, they had also broken off so I had to move the shelves up one, which of course screwed everything up so I basically rearranged everything. the brass ones work a lot better than the crappy plastic ones that came with the condo when we bought it. I am also tossing stuff and feeling very satisfied with it all! My dh is going to have a cow because I have rearranged where stuff is in some of the cupboards, but he will just have to get used to it! :lol: (I actually have a cooking and cleaning dh girls!)

Well, I need to get a shower and go back to working downstairs. I still want to get it cleaned and finish up with the "spring" cleaning.

Faye

Tigerlily
07-10-2003, 04:23 PM
Woohoo! 2 pair of shorts! Walmart. Size 18. I also snag'd a couple more of those spandex tank tops with the shelf bra. I just love those things. Now, fingers crossed that the shorts wash up ok. Dont ya just hate it when ya wash something and the zipper decides to stick out, or the pocket doesnt lay right? That always happens to me.

Faye, I'm not real good ordering clothes online. I really like to try stuff on first. I do order from JCP. It's easy to take things back to their stores, don't have to mess with shipping. Good job getting your workout done, even in the rain!

I got a little workout with the rock hunt. Then, the boys talked me into taking a swim in the pond. It's just not real good for swim'n yet. The bottom is too bumpy and squishy....like a big chocolate butt! :lol:

I'm going to go try on my new shorts with some old shirts, see if I can come up with a snazy outfit. Nice how a couple new items can bring life to the old stuff. Thought...umm, why some old men like young girls.... :p

Jello
07-10-2003, 05:27 PM
M&M's at the bottom of Tiger's pond! Let's go diving!!!

No, I'm not making much sense today. So what of it? :p I'm tired and I wanna' go home. Big proposal due to go out tomorrow and they just started it this afternoon. Well, you big boys work it out and give it to me to type tomorrow morning. No sweat. I am woman, hear me roar.

Anyway, congrats on finding shorts Tiger! I love Walmart. Not so sure about those tops with the shelf bras though. :?: Are they "supportive"? :o Maybe I'll have to try one.

Darn! Big boys are back. Later!

gma22
07-10-2003, 06:44 PM
Ummm, I have thoughts of something other than walking on chocolate! EUWWWW! I was just telling dh a couple days ago when we were in the pool that I have no fear of water at all as long as I can see through the water and see what I am walking on so ponds, ocean, and lake are OUT for me! Makes me gag just to think about it!

Tig: Glad you found some clothes. I would need an industrial size "shelf" so I doubt those tanks would work for me! Besides, I do NOT wear sleeveless. Besides, having huge arms, they now are huge, fat gone out and skin sag big time arms so they don't look too hot!

Jello: You seem to always have some kind of thingy going on at work! Stress, stress , stress! Not good for you!

Looks like I may get to keep my grandson a few days a week starting in August. My dd just got hired for a new job and she starts training on Monday. His other grandma will keep him until school starts here then she works as a teacher's aide. I told her I would be glad to as long as I didn't have a job by then. Maybe this is what I need to get the job fairies in gear; something else to take up my time! :lol:

I am going to rest up this evening, cause I kicked butt in the house! I got the cabinets done, the other ones cleaned out and rearranged, cleaned out my cookbook mess, cleaned the linen closet, cleaned out and rearranged the drawers in my bedroom, cleaned the downstairs, did the laundry and put it away, cleaned out and trashed my old craft stuff and fixed dinner and cleaned it up! I am ON A ROLL! Now, I am pooped! I wanted to do some more cleaning, but it is going to have to wait until the weekend. I need a pair of big strong arms with a LONGGGGGGG reach!

Have a great night ladies!

Faye

Jello
07-11-2003, 10:06 AM
TGIF!!! And no old *itch today. You know it's really amazing (and somewhat sad really) that as soon as just about every single person in the company finds out that she's not coming in, they all cheer or smile or feel like a weight's been lifted. Yes, she is really that hated. Personally, much as she continues to harrass me and tries to make my life as miserable as hers obviously is, I can't help but feel so sorry for her. What a horrible life she must lead to be so miserable and nasty all the time..... :cry:

And yet, I'm absolutely dancing :cb: because she's not here!!!

Yes, Faye, lots of stress around here. The company's doing ... OK ... but money worries abound. Management is trying their best and of course all of us peons in the trenches are working our little hearts out but we're a small company and it's a big scary world. :eek: I've thought about looking for something new for quite some time. Currently, it's a matter of letting other people in my life know that if something came along, to keep me in mind, you know. I'm ready for a change but just hate the idea of interviewing and job-seeking, etc. Guess you understand. :^:

OK, enough of all that. For now, I have a job and continue to thrive on the madness of last-minute proposals and the crush of getting stuff done quickly and correctly. I'm handling it OK. Haven't been doing a lot of stress eating like I would have years ago. :smug: Yay for me on that front.

Having said that, there's birthday cake this afternoon in the cafeteria. I will prevail!!! :strong: "None for me thanks." "None for me thanks." "None for me thanks." My new mantra. Geez, it's not even that great a cake! :rolleyes:

Road trip tomorrow to a warehouse store about 2 hours away to buy windows. I told Rich I'd go along if we can stop at the factory outlets on the way home. Seems fair to me. ;) I desperately need dress pants for work and dread the thought of trying them on/trying to find them. But after Tiger's shorts-shopping success, I'm feeling brave! :D Thanks Tiger!

And speaking of brave, gotta get back to this big ol' proposal. Oh the things I do for my little ol' paycheck....

Have a good one!!

SEMO
07-11-2003, 10:52 AM
Hi Girls, :dance: :dance: Happy Friday Dance!

I'm still playing catch up from my mini vacation. Danged if it was worth it, I'm sure I'll be here a half day tomorrow too. Ahhhhhh, Visa, I hope you appreciate me working so hard. If I could only make what I've been making the last couple of months and work only 40 hrs per week, I'D BE RICH! Or at least have a little something left over at the end of the month.

No time for shout outs, you girls have a great weekend.

Cafe976
07-11-2003, 11:15 AM
Morning all - this has been a HUGE week as far as projects go at work. Busy, Busy and more faster. But heck, I'm here.

Jello - I've been on a kick of wearing dress pants for work ever since we went business casual. At first, I started wearing all my casual clothes, but then I felt TOO casual. I've discovered I can wear almost any top with a decent pair of dress pants. At first my strategy was quality, buy it on sale and keep it. Lately though, I've found some inexpensive, stretchy but professional looking and NOT elastic waist dress pants at Lane Bryant - with the coupons/sales I was able to buy new pants cheaper than I could have replaced the lining where it was worn out in the butt in my nicer pants. They are super comfortable.

I tend to be more formal in the wintertime, so I'm not sure if these man-made material throw it in the washer and by the way it's perma-press pants are going to work for me long term - but right now I love them. How long does anything last anyway? I do think that quality fibers make you feel better but... right now I'm on a kick, and being on a limited budget it's really fun to have all new pants even if they're temporary.

Tig - I'm so happy for you and your successful shorts shopping! Shorts are out of the question for me at this time.

Faye - Wow ! Just reading everything you did makes me tired, LOL. But I suppose if I was home looking at it, maybe it would move me too.

Hi, Bright! Congrats on your losses - well done!

DNW - I have experienced "nesty" but usually it passes VERY quickly. ;) It *IS* nice to get things spiffed up around the house and enjoy them.

SEMO - my buddy is probably posting right now...

:wave: to everyone I missed! Boss man is back.

sassysus
07-11-2003, 11:30 AM
Good Friday morning!

Well after last week(at the cottage) and not eating very healthy, I got my but in gear again on Monday. I have lost 5 pounds! I have been doing cardio everyday and eery other day strength training.
On Monday I have to have surgery on my other hand(I had one done 4 weeks ago) so for a week i will only be walking but hopefully i wokn't go too flabby in that week lol!
Hope everyone has a great weekend-its pouring down rain here this ;morning but its supposed to be beautiful all weekend -so i say let it rain!!!

Tigerlily
07-11-2003, 11:33 AM
Hello. Guess I started the weekend early. Got DH up and out the door at 5am, then I went back to bed.:o Slept until almost 9am! I don't do that very often, darn I feel guilty. The kids even slept in. Must be all this doom'n gloom rain, throw'n us into hibernation.:^:

The spandex shelf bra tanks...After 2 babies, I do need the support...but I'm still not chesty. I wear them around the house mostly...even sleep in them. Throw a camp shirt over them to leave the house, wear'em under my shortalls. My gripe, the misses ones aren't quite long enough, the womens have too much fabric up top. Again...I'm stuck in the middle.
I need to get off the darn fence. Either lose 20 or gain 20. Then I'd be in a size catagory. No, I'm not gonna try to gain.:dizzy:

Jello, do they have birthday cake every Friday? Or is it once a month? Just think, it's only a couple ingredients off from being plastic. If you need to eat plastic, chew on a straw.
Does the company buy the cake? Someone should suggest a huge fruit tray/basket instead. Healthy employees wouldn't miss as much work.:smug:

Sounds like everyone has been little worker bees lately. I need to get bit by that bug.
I'm off to make a grocery list. The dreaded grocery store awaits.
later...

gma22
07-11-2003, 12:30 PM
Good mornng everyone! Sounds like y'all are pretty busy at one thing or another.

Tig: If I could figure out a way to donate some boob to help you out some, I would do so gladly! I found out one thing, if you have stretch marks of any kind and you lose weight they get deeper! I look like some kind of grand prix race on my boobs and stomach and you could go to china in my bellybutton now! :lol: God, if I could get up on a soapbox to the whole world and warn them not to become obese! Unless you have big bucks and can afford cosmetic surgery, you have ruined the look of your body once you lose weight.

Sassy: Yeah for you! I too got on the scales this morning and am down 5 lbs. I have been really careless the last few weeks and am glad I am back on track. Way to go!

Cafe: I just get into a mood and go with the flow. I got up with dh this morning and went to the store and ran some errands early then cleaned the med closet, did my workout at the pool and am getting ready to clean my closet. I have to do it while the mood is still there! :lol: Besides, when you are home all the time, live in a condo and don't have children in the home any longer, it is BORING! Boredom leads me straight to the fridgy and those Hershey bars, M amd M's, whatever!

Jello: Don't give in! I am sure they made a flavor you hate anyway! Just think of all that work you have to do that won't get done if you are in the cafeteria eating cake! (I know I know bad example! :lol: )

SEMO: What a hamster cage...work to pay Visa, use Visa for fun, work to pay Visa.... Just don't work too hard!

Well, ladies, better get my hiney in gear and get done what I want to. Think I will go to the library today and see if they have any new books!

Faye

DNW
07-11-2003, 04:07 PM
Made up my mind to go back to school for nursing. So in the next few years Bob and I will be known as the "nursing couple" :lol:

Seriously, I thought about this for a while and I am tired of office work, although it pays me rather well. Thing is the economy is very flat for business and for nursing the salaries are skyrocketing for the the past several years and through 2010.

Additionally, I have the personality and temperment for it and it will guarantee me employment through my 60's. Promised Bob I would lose the extra 100 lbs. I am carrying around before I start nursing school. He is petrified that my heart and legs won't make it and so am I. This will be good motivation to lose. In any event I have to take some more math and some chemistry before I get admitted to the local nursing school so that puts my start date in the nursing program for next fall 2004.

I need to also have a way to give back, and make difference in people's lives, and I see how my husband's nursing has really made a difference in his patient's lives. Besides there is nothing else that appeals to me now, and I've come to realise that I will never be another Van Gogh, but that's OK because I am at peace with that.

Love & Kisses to All :grouphug:

Jello
07-11-2003, 04:54 PM
Well, sharpen your number 2 pencils and pack your lunch box! DNW's going back to school! Congrats on the decision there, girlie! You sound so positive. I KNOW you'll make a great nurse. Hm, just wish you could do it sooner ... like in 2 weeks?? You could be MY nurse??? :?: No, I guess that'd be asking a lot. Seriously though, congratulations on the new career path!

Well Faye. It wasn't a flavor that I hate. It was (gulp) chocolate with butter cream frosting. :o And the tiny, teeny, little, itty bitty piece (hardly more than a mouthful, I swear) that I had was delicious. But that was all I had and all I wanted/needed. Not feeling one bit guilty or deprived. :D Ahh, to be in control. :strong:

Tiger, I'm with Faye. I'll give you any "boobage" you want! Can't fit 'em into any of those great shelf bra styles. :mad: I'm sitting on the fence right next to you though. Too small for the smallest plus size (usually :rolleyes: ) and too big for the largest "regular" size. What to do, what to do?

Sassy, congratulations on the weight loss! Send some of those vibes my way, would you?

Well, I have to go. The proposal that was to go out today has been given an extended deadline until Monday. Hm, wonder if that means they've all stopped working on it and will start up again on Monday afternoon? Probably.

Me, I've just been sitting here making a list of all the stuff I want to get done around the house before I go in for surgery. The list is long!

And I'm already tired. :tired:

But it's Friday afternoon and just about time for my second wind!

Have a great weekend everyone!

Cafe976
07-11-2003, 05:26 PM
Jello, if second wind means an icy cold one than I'm ready too!

Sassy and Faye, congrats on your losses!

DNW - wow girly, when you get it together, you get IT together! Good for you for figuring out what you really want and getting down to business. That is the way to take charge and live!

Tiger and Jello - a friend and I were shopping about 3 years ago and said the same thing - we either need to lose weight or gain some. Somehow or other, I think we both made the wrong choice. I'm not sure how that happened but I'm not pleased with the results! RUN, girls RUN!!!

~Cafe - who has had it with the workplace this week.

gma22
07-11-2003, 11:15 PM
Everyone take a deep breath.........:dancer: :dancer: it is Friday evening and you have two whole days with no going to work!

I am jazzed (well sort of) because the top I bought just a couple months ago is getting too big, but I love it and it looks great on me so I hate it too!

We went to see Pirates of the Carribean this evening and it is a pretty good flick. Not academy award stuff, but entertaining and humorous. Johnny Depp can be pretty funny and he is cute even as an icky pirate. (he is a dead ringer for that Capt Morgan on that Rum bottle! )

DNW: I agree with dh about the bod. Carting an extra 100 lbs around walking the hospital floor could be murder not only on your heart but you feet and legs. When I was in college (didn't go until I was 38 for the first time), I worked evenings at this BBQ place to help pay for school and I only lasted about a month. I would come home at midnight and sit in scalding hot water until 2 or 3 am because my legs ached so bad I couldn't sleep and then got up at 5 am to catch the bus to go to the university everyday. It was murder and I sure wouldn't want you to go through that! The pain was awful.

You ladies have a great evening.

Faye

SEMO
07-12-2003, 10:30 AM
Hi Girls, working this morning. Once again everyone has great ambitions and all I want to do is be a princess and have servants waiting on me hand and foot…….:queen: Okay, snap out of it, snap out of it. Ahhhhhhhh only a dream! No really, I would quit work and stay at home from now on and be as happy as a clam.

DNW, I soooooooo admire you!! I still don’t know what I want to do when I grow up! One thing for sure is that I wouldn’t make a very good nurse. Oh sure, I can sympathize with you but don’t ask me to touch anything! :yikes:

Faye, college at 38, alright I add you to my list of people to admire too! BTW, congrats on the top getting big on you.

Café & Tig, I straddled that same boat for the longest, to small for one size to big for the other. Just a few pounds off will make the difference.

:bravo: For our Losers!!

Well if I'm going to get out of here by lunch I'd better get going. Have a funn filled weekend.

gma22
07-12-2003, 12:00 PM
SEMO: Yes, I went to college for the first time at 38, but I HATE all new situations, so at the time dh was still in the Navy and teaching evening aviation electronics classes to boys just out of bootcamp and was free during the day so I talked him into coming to school with me like I was a kindergartener until I wasn't afraid anymore! :lol: :lol: Took me about a week and then I was ok! I was so afraid the young kids would make fun of me, but they were just the opposite! In fact, in my English class they were all clamoring to be my buddy because most of them could barely read! Sad Sad!

Well, I am cold so I need to get into the shower and warm myself up after my pool workout!

Have a great weekend ladies!

Faye

brighterdays
07-12-2003, 12:09 PM
Hi all,

Just starting the weekend and reading about how" excess clutter in our houses drain our energy".... Faye, you should have lots of energy then!

I'm still in the pitch and organize and store stage. I'm determined that my basement will be clutter free before the end of summer.

Weighed in yesterday and I'm up on wt. again----may have something to do with the enormous appetite I've had lately... I'm hoping to change things this weekend with my grocery shopping for the lighter items.

Tiger: Glad you found some shorts that fit. Always makes you feel better. I have some spandex tops with the shelf bras---I like them---beats trying to wear strapless bras all the time!

Cafe: I wear mostly dress pants to work also. It beats pantyhose which I absolutely hate right now!:sp:

DNW: Nursing school? You've chosen the right path---there are nursing shortages in our area, also. WTG on being brave enough to try something different! Good Luck!

Semo: How you like all this hot weather, your highness? :queen: I don't know about you but I'm going swimming this afternoon! Beats sitting at home in air cond. or trying to work in the yard in the blistering heat! Saving my yardwork for the evening hours.

Sassysus and Faye: Congrats on the pounds down!

I'm ready for more vacation time! Do have a trip over next weekend planned so that will have to do...

Huntress: Hope everything is okay and you are just busy and having fun. Gotta be hot down there! :cool:

Take care all,

"Bright"
:flow1:

Jello
07-12-2003, 03:51 PM
Hey!! Lookit me!!! :D I'm at home, sitting in the living room, posting on my brand new lap top using my brand new wireless internet connection!!! Oooooh. Ahhhh. Problem is the keyboard feels so different and actually has some keys in different places so I keep making mistakes. Oh yeah, like I'm such a great typist anyway. :rolleyes:

Got this new toy so I could keep in touch with all of you while I'm stuck at home. See? You cannot escape me! :devil: BWAHAHAHAHA!!!

Faye, I have this mental image of DH walking you to school on your first day, holding your hand. How sweet of him!! I'm with you on trying new and scary stuff. Difference is that YOU DID IT!! Me, I'm still :chicken:

Brighter, sorry the scale seems to be moving the wrong way temporarily. But you've got a great plan. Fill up the house with good-for-you stuff.

Oh I have to get to work now. :?: Huh? Who said that!?!?! Uh, Jello, you're HOME you dummy!

Still, it's true. Stuff to do. Did go shopping this morning at the factory outlets. Found a pair of pants or two and several tops to mix and match them with. New shoes too! Now time to squeeze it all into my little closet. Then maybe some gardening ....

...or not... ;)

gma22
07-12-2003, 05:49 PM
Jello: Basically, that is what he did with me. Now here is something even funnier! I remember one thing he did with me several weeks into my psychology class. I knew we had a film about a behaviour method used called Pavlov's Dog. I begged dh to come to school with me that day and watch the film and whisper me stuff and I would try and take notes about it in the dark. We sat clear in the back of the auditorium, clear up at the top away from everyone so we could whisper and not disturb. WHY you ask? Simple, I have a big time rodent phobia and they were using mice in the experiment teaching them to find their food when a bell rang. EUWWWW I could not sit and watch them for one second let alone a 1 1/2 hour movie! Still makes me shiver thinking about it! God bless him, he helped earn me a B in that class! I only went 2 years and decided the experience was enough besides we were moving again and I didn't want to have to do the whole thing over with dh at a new school. I was after all 40 by this time, but I knew I would still need him to go with me and he would have a day job and not be able to as he had retired from the Navy. I was a Psych/Social Work major. I loved going to college and was thrilled to make Dean's list every semester. I didn't do that well in High School! Anyway, it was a wonderful experience at any age! I am glad I waited because I probably did better than I would have straight out of high school.

Pooped out on the cleaning today. Am pretty sore from the pool workout. That seems to happen when the pool water is lower. Dh said he would help me anyway so maybe we can get it all done tomorrow!

See ya!
Faye

Jello
07-14-2003, 10:04 AM
Monday already. :( Blah. Boss must have worked late on Friday because he left me a bunch of "stuff" in my in-box. Ah well. Actually, on Friday afternoon, he actually said to me "Oh I don't know what I'm going to do without you for a month". :o

Huh? You talkin' to me? Well, shucks. Maybe he'll appreciate me more when I get back.

I have a dr's appt. on Thursday this week and then I scheduled an appt. with my hairdresser, just 'cuz. Oh am I milking this "pamper myself" thing or what. :s:

Not much to say so I'm going to dive into this paperwork. I was terrible over the weekend. It's all a blur of pizza and ice cream and pasta and who knows what else. :( Time to regroup.

Bring on the water bottle!!

Tigerlily
07-14-2003, 11:01 AM
mOndAy:p Weekends go too fast.

Two birthday parties this weekend and I weighed in two pounds down this morning. :shrug: 196. I'm still not making the best food choices, but eat'n less food overall. I'd really like to flip things around...eat a larger amount of healthy food. :dizzy:

Jello, a new laptop. :dancer: I told DH when we FINISH the downstairs remodel, he can pick out a new pc. Dangle'n the carrot. ;) Are you getting your hair colored again? I need to make appts for me and my boys. I still can't believe my boys color their hair.

Bright, where are you going next weekend? I need to plan a camping trip for my crew. Camping is full of exercise, so it would be a good thing. I'm thinking about the excess clutter reading (book or online?)...that may be my motivation today. :yes:

I've probably said it before....I think going to college later is the best. I went right out of HS...was too into the "scene"...not enough into the education. doh! I'd love to do it again.

Faye, do you remember Mac's Market on the corner of 6 & 31? I'm heading there to get sweetcorn. Got some great bi-colored corn there last week. :T Soak it in the husks, cook'd on the grill.

SEMO
07-14-2003, 11:01 AM
Good Morning to All. I'm glad that I worked Saturday, feels good to be caught up, for the moment anyway. All this talk about cleaning, organizing....... I still haven't finished my spring cleaning from five years ago!!:lol: I was on a roll there for a while, remember when I was doing the FlyLady thing, well I need to re-inlist. Makes me feel so much better when the house is neat and clean.

I ordered the Sugar Buster diet book, it may be what we are all looking for. Low carb and lower fat, I'll let you know after I read the book.

I'll be back later.

gma22
07-14-2003, 11:28 AM
Tig: I sure do. I can't believe after all these years they are still there. The corner has exploded so much now with BK and MCD's and I think there are new gas stations too, aren't there? You need to try something sometime with your sweetcorn. My daugter did it for us last time we grilled and boy is it good. You take fresh corn, melt butter and fresh crushed garlic together, rub over corn, wrap in foil (or I bet just cover back up with husks) and BBQ for 30 minutes turning about every 10 or so. It brings out the sweetness of the corn. It is delicious, not strong or anything and it didn't even need more butter or salt, both of which I tend to drown corn in!

SEMO: You do feel kind of accomplished when everything is clean, BUT in my house, it takes less than 24 hours for dh or pets to muck it up! :lol: We have this white linoleum in our kitchen, bath, and laundry room and I have begged dh to get going on putting something else down as it stains really easily and the cat takes hunks out with his claws when he is jumping around on cabinets. I want to put down Pergo in the kitchen and laundry and already have the new tile for the bath and entranceway for us to get down. Oh well, I guess I am just going to have to start it myself and then I know he will do it! :lol:

Jello: Do you have someone who knows what they are doing that will be taking over for you so you don't come back to a huge mess? Whenever I went on vacation, I was the only one that knew anything about the litigation files and everything involved with it and would come back to huge piles of work to try and catch up on. Hope your hair turns out gorgeous!

Well, gotta get my butt up and get over to the pool while it is still quiet over there!

Faye

Cafe976
07-14-2003, 11:31 AM
Jello - Bring on the water bottle indeed! I was just reading an article this weekend where some obesity specialist said that in addition to the 8 glasses everyone should drink, overweight people should drink an additional glass for every 25 lbs. over their body weight. I have never heard this before.

[for those that want the technical info: this is because when the kidneys can't remove all the waste because of not enough water, the body relies on the liver to break things down further, which hinders the liver's ability to metabolize fat properly] interesting.

Bright - I'm decluttering right along with you. I'm finding it harder because the major areas are clear - the things I have to get rid of now are things I need to pull out and sort through... Hard to get started with that. What I did this weekend was instead of sitting down to do something I just pulled open a drawer and threw 1 thing away, pulled open the next one and likewise. This is in my bathroom.

I went shopping on Friday night all by myself and had a lot of fun! I found great stuff on sale. I bought 3 dresses and 3 twinsets that coordinate (so I can wear a little sweater with my dress or wear both pieces with pants) and 2 pairs of earrings... for $200. YAY! DH is doing a little work on his school break so I was thrilled to be able to shop. My summer wardrobe was needing a major overhaul. I can't tell you guys how sad I was when I pulled out summer clothes - nothing was suitable for work and a lot of it was worn out or stained (wondering why I put it away at all?) So between my little spree and the pants I bought a few weeks ago I'm VERY HAPPY. Now I need to go in with a vicious hand and throw all the old junky stuff away, quickly! I almost feel like something as simple as a bunch of new clothes shouldn't make me this happy. But it sure does! :smug:

SEMO - you deserve to be princess for a day. I'll be one of your bevy of maidens - except I'm no maiden, but never mind that. Maybe a maid would do... but no windows. ;)

Faye - I love your story about the mice! You are a brave lady doing all of that, I'm proud of you. I'll bet your self esteem grew like a weed during that time. We need positive experiences like that, I'm so glad for you that you did it.

OK, it's Monday, and work is piling up. Better get at it. Short week for me, I'm heading out of town on Thursday for a long weekend. It will be a busy time, but good, going to a 3-day religious seminar which we do yearly. It will be fun to stay in a hotel and NOT think about the mundane things of life for 3 whole days. But it's also a lot of people and a lot of instruction so I'm generally tired by Sunday afternoon, too. Only 3 days of work this week - yea!

Cafe976
07-14-2003, 11:38 AM
Wahoo! more posts to read, it took me so long to type my book. ;)

Tiger - congrats on your loss! Hey a loss is a loss... I like that carrot idea. Anything to get the remodel DONE!

Jello
07-14-2003, 05:16 PM
Only 4:00 and the big proposal is done. Whatever will I do with myself for these last 30 minutes. Oops. Shouldn't say it or I'll jinx myself.

Cafe, congrats on the shopping success. Don't you just love those twin sets? :) I like to shop alone sometimes. So much easier to go exactly where you want, spend as much time as you want, get what you want. (Anyone sense a theme here? :lol: )

Faye, I've been doling out my work to several people for the past couple weeks. And yes, I fully expect to come back to a big mess. :rolleyes: Hoping that nothing really huge comes up while I'm gone. Well, boss is a big boy. He'll just have to handle it.

Yeah, right.

Tiger, hope your DH gets to get his new pc soon! (As in, hope your downstairs is done soon.) Always nice to have a reward waiting. Hm, just like with weight loss! BTW, I'm just getting my hair cut. Don't think it needs a recolor just yet. Hairdresser says a cut will "show" the color more. Touch up due next month I think. Although, I think I'm going to give her permission to take a least an inch or two, not just the little "endies" off.

Oh hey, did I mention who's visiting me right now? Came to call late Saturday afternoon and has made herself right at home. It's Aunt Flo!!

FOR THE LAST TIME!!!!!! :devil: Bwahahahahahahahaha!!!!! Can't wait to send that gal packin'.

And on that fine note, I think I'm going to close up my desk and head on out to Curves. BTW, they said I could take a temporary "leave" from them. I just have to let them know on my last day there (probably a week from Friday) and then come back whenever the nice doctor man says I can. I'll miss it. :(

Gotta run. Talk to you all later!

sassysus
07-15-2003, 10:45 AM
Good Tuesday morning!

Yesterday I had my 2nd carpel tunnel release(had one done one month ago), so i won't be on much this week. Typing with only my left hand is frustrating:dizzy:

Semo; I think it was you who mentioned the sugar busters book-that is sort of what i have been following although i read an article yesterday in a magazine about the south beach diet-and this is more along the lines of what i have been following although i didn't know it had a name!!

Well hope you all have a great week i may pop in in a couple days, other than that i'll just be:cool: soaking up the rays!

sassy

Tigerlily
07-15-2003, 10:59 AM
Good Morning.
Semo, anxious to hear what you think of the Sugar Buster's book. Read fast. :hyper:

Sassy, hope you are recovering nicely and having some nice weather to enjoy.:cool:

It's raining here this morning so I'm going to continue with my little cleaning frenzy. Strange how the mood comes and goes. Gotta ride the wave when it strikes.

Jello
07-15-2003, 11:00 AM
Sassy, I thought of you yesterday. I thought you had said you were having some hand surgery. Hope it's feeling better soon. I have problems with carpel tunnel too but it's not too bad with my little wrist rests that I had to fight the company to buy for me. Cheapskates! :mad: Anyway, hope to see you in again soon even if it's only to say wibnw['=baOWNohcmcs. :lol: Sorry. Just had to tease you just a little.

Cafe, forgot to thank you for the info on drinking water. I know that it's good for me but sometimes it's nice to know WHY. :dizzy:

Semo, let me know what you think of the sugar-buster book. Sounds interesting.

Well, girls, cooked up some chicken breasts with BBQ sauce on the grill last night. :T Also grilled some zucchini and tomatoes. So tasty and so good for me. Then ruined it by having some ice cream that I didn't even really want. :sorry: Dummy. Someday I'll learn.

Curves was really crowded last night. It was only the second time since I joined that I had to wait for a free space in the rotation. Wasn't too long a wait though and well worth it. Best thing is that after the work out, I walk home. Gives me 10-15 minutes of quiet "me time" to just walk and think. I like it! Then I have all this energy when I get home to do fun stuff like, oh, the laundry and the dusting. Oooh. Ahhhh. What a glamorous life I lead. But I got a lot accomplished last night. Almost finished cleaning our computer room. See, I knew there was a floor under there somewhere! :lol:

Gotta run. More paperwork from the company prez. We just bought him his own scanner so he'd stop bothering me with his petty little documents. Now someone's just got to teach him how to use the thing! Man, who ties this guy's shoes in the morning!? :rolleyes:

Later!

gma22
07-15-2003, 01:03 PM
Good morning to our jolly little group!

Sassy: Hope your surgery fixes you right up! You take it easy.

Jello: Men are basically useless creatures God put on this earth to help us be patient!;) One of the things I like about the water aerobics is I can think think think while being in the pool. EXCEPT, today I was thinking about how many lbs I could lose by next spring and lost count of how many rounds of my routine I had done so I did an extra I think!:lol: I have decided to use the little thing a ma bobs (buoys) that keep the rope that separates the shallow from deep end. Since I am always in there by myself, I am going to use the rope sort of like an abacus and move one buoy for each round of routine! It is crappy getting old! :rollpin:

Tiger: That is what I am doing today is cleaning (oooh big surprise!) I can't believe it is time to clean the upstairs again, sheesh! I thought of you last night when I was online at www.copykat.com which are recipes from restaurants etc. They have this section that is just recipes submitted by people and they have this kitty litter dessert and I thought of your boys! This thing is disgusting and I bet kids would love it. I make dirt dessert which is crushed oreo cookies and chocolate mousse and layered in a plastic flower pot with the cookies as the top looking like dirt and gummy worms sticking out of the "dirt" and a plastic flower stuck in it, but this is some kind of crumbled cake and stuff in a kitty litter box with a scoop and they use warmed tootsie rolls, ummm you get the idea. There is a pic on the site if you want to see it.

Cafe: Oh my gosh, I would have to ingest an extra 7 bottles of water on top of the 4. I would be floating away. Might as well put me in Depends and I don't think they make Baby Huey size! :fr:

Hope everyone has a great OP day!

Faye

SEMO
07-15-2003, 01:17 PM
Good Morning Ladies.

Faye, You are so funny, yep it's not fun getting older and getting forgetful. We just have to REMEMBER to laugh at ourselves, just do it in private or they may cart us away. I said that I would take the pills for memory, if only I could remember to take them.

:gossip: OMG, check out the new smilies!

Sassy, hope you're doing well, and get on here and peck away when you feel up to it.

Jello, got an email yesterday that they mailed my book, hopefully I'll get it my Thur. And you know what happens when I read....I fall asleep. I'm reading the Vanishing Man that Faye recommened, and Oh it's good.

Cafe, I've read that about the water too, I don't have a problem in the warm weather with getting enough water in, but when it's cold, I can't do it.

Tig, :corn: I'm watching you clean. Okay so I have to work in somemore new smilies!:write: Making a list of everything that I need to do at home.

DNW, We're missing you!

Back to work for me........... Not long until :hun:

gma22
07-15-2003, 03:52 PM
SEMO: That is a "gotcha" book so be prepared! I wasn't and he totally surprised me! I loved it though. When he e-mailed me he told me he loved doing all the research on magic and illusion. He was very sweet.

You guys, I am screwing around instead of working! I don't know why, I just am. It only takes about 45 minutes max to clean up here, all I have to do is get started. I guess my starter is in stall mode!

I think the new smileys are fun too, but they took off a couple like the sheep and piggy. They changed the one that winks too. It has wide open eyes now instead of he little black ones.

Well, enough is enough so I am going to go and get to work!

Faye

Tigerlily
07-15-2003, 04:02 PM
:sunny: what cute new toys we have :cheers:

Faye, I'll have to check out the kitty liter recipe. That is such little boy humor. They'd love it. Maybe I can make it for DS's bday in Sept. My youngest will be seven.:faint:

I went to the BMV today with everyone else in the county. Had to get new plates for my Urban Assualt Vehicle. Just how many cars will look good with pea green colored plates? Gotta wonder what they were thinking.
Jello, how Rich's UAV's window? Fixable?

Dryer buzzZZZZzzz, duty calls.
:bubbles:

gma22
07-15-2003, 05:09 PM
Tiger: Here you go recipe and pic. Don't everybody gag at once!

Kitty Litter Cake

Ease of Cooking: Beginner

Notes:
This is another fun one for Halloween, or the kiddos.

Ingredients:
1 Spice or German Chocolate Cake Mix
1 White Cake Mix
1 Pkg. White Sandwich Cookies
1 large pkg. Vanilla Instant Pudding Mix
Green food coloring
12 small Tootsie Rolls
1 *new* kitty litter box
1 *new* kitty litter box plastic liner
1 *new* pooper scooper

Preparation:
Prepare cake mixes and bake according to directions (any size pans). Prepare pudding mix and chill until ready to assemble. Crumble white sandwich cookies in small batches in blender, they tend to stick, so scrape often. Set aside all but about 1/4 cup.

To the 1/4 cup cookie crumbs, add a few drops green food coloring and mix using a fork or shake in a jar.

When cakes are cooled to room temperature, crumble into a large bowl. Toss with half the remaining white cookie crumbs and the chilled pudding. You probably won't need all of the pudding, mix with the cake and "feel" it, you don't want it soggy, just moist; gently combine.

Line new, clean kitty litter box. Put mixture into litter box. Put three unwrapped Tootsie rolls in a microwave safe dish and heat until soft and pliable. Shape ends so they are no longer blunt, curving slightly. Repeat with 3 more Tootsie rolls and bury in mixture.

Sprinkle the other half of cookie crumbs over top. Scatter the green cookie crumbs lightly over the top; this is supposed to look like the chlorophyll in kitty litter.

Heat remaining Tootsie Rolls, 3 at a time in the microwave until almost melted. Scrape them on top of the cake and sprinkle with cookie crumbs. This is my addition--only: spread 5 of the remaining Tootsie Rolls over the top; take one and heat until pliable, hang it over the side of the kitty litter box; sprinkling it lightly with cookie crumbs.

Serve with a *new* pooper-scooper.

Tigerlily
07-15-2003, 05:49 PM
:yikes: that's even worse than I imagined. Kids would freak out. Especially if I kept it a secret that I was making it. We don't have a cat anymore...that would really add to the drama.

I got a new Vera Bradley purse. :cloud9: Is anyone into her bags? They are addictive. Pretty new colors available for fall.

I'm in the middle of putting together a little pinetree from Terry's Village. Cute little spindley thing. "Rustic Charlie Brown" :D Hope DH thinks it's cute. He's pretty agreeable as long as he doesn't have to do anything. :rolleyes:

Baseball tonight, supper in the crockpot. Ahh, what an exciting life. :wave:

SEMO
07-15-2003, 06:24 PM
OMG, Faye, that's awful!!!!!!!!! It looks so real, ewwwwwww. What, you just decided to whip one up since we were talking about it? I would imagine that little boys would like it, mine would have at that age, that's one cake that I wouldn't have a problem passing on. ;)

gma22
07-15-2003, 07:37 PM
SEMO: Gosh, NO, I took the recipe and pic from the website and just posted it for Tiger. I think it is disgusting and could never make it! We have a cat and I have to clean the litter box, so ain't no way I want to make a pretend one! It is awful isn't it!

Tiger: I am bigtime into handbags but I haven't heard of Vera Bradley. Do you get them in upscale department stores, like Ayres? We have Goldsmiths here that might have them. I lovvvvveeeeee handbags and have about 60! Just down the road in MS is an outlet mall with a leather outlet and ALL their handbags suede or leather are $19.95! They have some really cool stuff, but dh has a thing about me buying handbags. He thinks one is enough! :fr: MEN! :censored:

I watched Oprah today and she had on people from that "What Should you do?" show and darn if she didn't hit Memphis (robbery and abduction) and South Bend (rape)! I said to dh, "What they going to show things happening in all the cities we lived in? Now I really feel safe!" It is definitely not safe here. I mean, I don't feel threatened, but the murder rate is horrible and gang violence/drugs are really bad. Some poor lady in her 60's was murdered over the weekend in her home. The guy had been watching her and broke into her home and beat and strangled her just so he could take her car! Gosh, he should of just ask her as I am sure she would have given him the keys! He got caught thank goodness, but her daughter didn't find her until last night I guess and it was pretty devastating. She couldn't understand why her mom's car was gone I guess and walked into the house and her mom was dead. I try to not ever be out by myself at night like shopping or anything. The first attack/murder for Walmart's was here in Memphis and I am not sure they ever caught the guy. That was a few years ago.

Tiger: Speaking of the above, have they ever found that woman who disappeared from the Walmart parking lot there in Plymouth on 30 several years back? My elderly mom used to work at the Wendys right there in front of Walmart and was working the night that woman disappeared I guess.

Well, I need to go and get some work done this evening. I have been goofing off all afternoon and then went over to the pool with dh and goofed off some more!

Faye

Tigerlily
07-15-2003, 07:44 PM
Faye,
verabradley.com

they are cute little bags...or big ones. quilted. made in fortwayne. they sell them at hallmark here in plymouth. kinda pricey, but soo cute.

i remember the woman you are talking about and i'm not sure what ever happened. i think her name was star. strange the things ya remember...and the things ya can't.

off to baseball...

Jello
07-15-2003, 08:45 PM
OK Faye! That is officially GROSS!! Kids would love it. :s:

Tiger, I don't know Vera Bradley but I love Terry's Village! :D

Well girls, just spent about 2 hours cleaning the desk in the computer room and filing all the stuff that's been sitting in the "to be filed" box for the past 6 months. What a mess but boy do I feel like I've accomplished a lot. :strong:

It's dinner time now I think. :hun: And I'm finished rambling. :blah: (Oooh, do love these new smilies!)

Gotta run.

gma22
07-16-2003, 08:52 AM
Hello everyone! Hope you had a restful night!

I had one of those, "I am an old lady and the old lady hurts like heck" kind of nights. Losing weight sometimes causes my hip areas to hurt along with menopause crapola too so I was not a happy camper last night. I had showered and lotioned and made myself all smelly good (cotton blossom from Bath and Body which is wonderful smelling) jumped into bed in the buff waiting for dh and ended up with Icy Hot (smells like Ben Gay) and pj bottoms on ! Whoopee how sexy is that!

The good thing is the pool seems to help my aches and pains a lot. If I am hurting when I go to the pool, I seem to be in good shape when I come back from it.

Tomorrow I have the stinker all day so that should be interesting! He is a real live wire and his favorite thing to do is to get in his granddad's tool box and get out tools and "fix" things around the house! His favorite thing is dh's meter for electricity. He calls it the "lectic swewdriver." He is a hoot!

I will peek back in later, just wanted to post this am and say hi

Tig: Went to her website, but didn't see prices for her stuff. I am not a big "cloth" bag type of person because I am pretty rough on bags, but I think the fact her line is totally coordinated is pretty cool. Can you tell a dummy where to look on the site for the prices of the stuff?

Faye

Jello
07-16-2003, 09:22 AM
Happy Hump Day. This afternoon I have to show this gal how where to find some of my files and how to access stuff my boss may need while I'm gone. Yesterday I learned that the old *itch wants to sit in on this "training session". :mad: Training session!?!?! Should take about 10 minutes to show where I put all the pertinent files up on the general server which can be accessed from any computer. The old *itch has no business nor right nor any other reason to be there except for the fact that she's such a paranoid control freak who can't stand it that someone might know something she doesn't. Stupid :censored: doesn't even know how to use most of the software!!

Whew. Sorry. Venting a little. Whatever. Needless to say, I've spent the last few days and will spend the next week removing all my personal files and tucking them away somewhere that no one else can access and backing up any important files for WHEN she destroys them and putting a temporary password on my machine that only allows access to certain areas. :comp: Geez, such espionage! Where's the little spy smilie? :lol:

Last night for dinner I had a Healthy Choice french bread pizza. :jeno: Pretty darn good! They were on sale at the local grocery store and we stocked the freezer full of them. And easy to make in the microwave. Now that's my kind of cooking!

Well, gotta go. Files to hide. Access to block. Folders to lock up. Yeah, now who's paranoid, right? :^: Well, better safe than sorry. Talk to you all later!

Cafe976
07-16-2003, 10:35 AM
Hey all! I've been getting ready to have 2 days off work (so excited) so sorry I'm lagging behind on posts.

Good news about DH's school schedule - he traded the evening class for an afternoon one. So that's good. I was trying to find good things about spending the two weeknights I have at home, alone - but really it'll be nice to have him around even if he's working on homework...

Anywho - I wish I had more time to write to each and every one of you but for right now I just have to send hugs.

:grouphug:

...going to check out the smilies.

SEMO
07-16-2003, 11:29 AM
Jello, I was just thinking that you should make copies of all you're files, when you said that. Take them home with you and keep them safe. You're already ahead of me this morning, smart lady. :encore:

Faye, have fun doing all you're home fix-it jobs today. I love Cotton Blossom too, but it doesn't smell like real cotton blossoms.

Cafe, enjoy you're time off. I'm still trying to decide what to do for vacation. August will be here before you know it. We're waiting until school starts back, because there are some here that have kids and I don't to be gone and knock them out of time off.

Getting my hair cut after work today, boy I sure need it too.

Tig, what do you have going on today? Thought about you yesterday, we had another tree go down. DH cut it up with a chain saw now we've got to gather it up and take it to the burn pile.

DNW, you need to check in lady!

Sassy, Hope you are recovering nicely.

Girls, I've got to go see you later.

Tigerlily
07-16-2003, 12:36 PM
Hello.
Last nights plan backfired. I ate supper before baseball, thinking it would be too late to eat after. Then, I was hungry after and ended up snacking. Where is my self control?! :headache:
I'm going to try to compinsate today by drinking extra water.

Faye, no prices at the website. Don't know why...scare people off maybe.:lol:

Jello, sounds like we need to make a voo-doo doll of the old *itch. :devil: Can you imagine how unhappy she must be at home. :s:

Semo, we still have tree mess. Large pile of brush that needs to dry out, then burn. Big hunks of tree trunk that need split. At least it's all off the yard area so I can mow. That's what I'm doing today...mowing frogs. Frog legs anyone?:hun: Oh! and toad legs...we can use those on the voo-doo doll.

Cafe, what are your big long weekend plans?

DNW? Come out and play!

Cafe976
07-16-2003, 02:25 PM
Just ducking in quick and now I am LOL! imagining Jello's old *itch sitting on her office chair with TOAD legs. She sort of looks like that monster in Monsters Inc - the one with the cat eye glasses and the deep voice that's mean? (up until the end)

:lol:

Jello
07-16-2003, 09:37 PM
Oh great Cafe! Now I have to go get a towel to clean off the water I just spit all over my keyboard. :lol: Oh what an image! Too bad I didn't see your post before she came over to annoy me. Then again, I guess it's better. Couldn't have kept a straight face. :tape:

OK Tiger! A voodoo doll's a great idea! And I know most of the people we work with would be glad to help gather her possessions or clumps of her hair or something. :devil:

Semo, yep, made copies and burned in CD's of all my files. You and I think alike - great minds and all that. :cool:

Well girls, I'm off. Rich has been outside working on his beloved Bronco for hours. Guess I'd better go check on him. He may be sound asleep under it by now. :yawn:

BTW Tiger, the back window's still down and now the turn signals don't work either. New car shopping soon????

Have a good night all!

brighterdays
07-17-2003, 12:26 AM
Hi all,

Just passing thru tonight. Getting ready for our trip this weekend. We are heading your way, Faye, so I'll wave when we go by! Your grandson is so cute! :twirly:

Tiger: My kids want to see Graceland and my sis and I are taking them for the weekend.

One question I have is: Have there been any areas that have been especially dangerous lately in Memphis?? We are staying at a hotel on the east side of the airport and are only planning on the Graceland tour and some restaurant/shopping close to the interstates. After living in some larger cities, we feel pretty safety conscious but usually are aware of what's going on there so I thought I'd get the scoop from the natives. :gossip:

Cafe: I found some cute tops that were inexpensive today and cool. They should go with some of my fav shorts and some new sandals I found---I'm hoping to stay cool this weekend----It is so hot here!:sunny: Glad you found some nice things! I keep going from hot to cold (with the a/c in our office) so I can't think of any thing to wear to work anymore---the twin sets are an idea! :idea:

Jello: I'm green with envy that this is your last Aunt Flo! I keep thinking mine is naturally gonna go away but I'm dreading those hot flashes that people speak of! :hot:

Sassy: Hope you recover soon! I know several people who have had that same surgery.

Huntress: What ya up to, girl? :corn: new smilies!

SEMO: How are you on the job front? Haven't seen any more posts--or did I miss one? How do you like this muggy stuff? ARe we in for :rain: yet? It was so stuffy today that I could hardly breathe when going outside----that also means I need to start exercising again since I'm getting out of shape again and can't handle the heat! Hope you find a nice vacation spot!

Gotta go girls....past my bedtime and I'm gettin' tired.:bubbles:
Just added that last smilie to see what it would do...

Take care all,

Bright

gma22
07-17-2003, 10:52 AM
Can't post much as I have dgs and he is in my craft room creating brilliance with paper and stickers! A Van Gogh in the making! :lol:

Bright, I sent you a PM with some info about Memphis and my e-mail if you need more! Hope it helps!

We are about to clean up our artistic mess and go over swimming. I told him we could go anywhere he wants for lunch and he chose (ugh) Quiznos! I hate it and he loves it mainly for the "big chairs!"

So, I guess we will get ready and head for the pool. Everyone have a great day today!

Faye

SEMO
07-17-2003, 10:54 AM
How's everyone this :sunny: day? I did, well half of a beginners pilates tape Tuesday night and I still feel the effects. Gotta get one of those things that they keep referring to, called "Cores"! :sumo: Yea sure, you get in position and they tell you to relax, I don't know about the rest of you, but that ain't no relaxing position for ME! :yikes: Relaxing for me is flopped on the sofa with a good book. ;)

Bright, there are most definitly some areas that you need to stay clear of. Maybe Faye can PM you the areas, I'm not familar enough to tell where they are. I am usually with someone that knows the area and they have said to stay way from certain malls. If you see a security guard standing at the entrance, keep going.

Well, nothing much going on. I can't seem to get motivated to work this morning. See ya later.

Tigerlily
07-17-2003, 11:13 AM
Morn'n!
I was bad again this morning. Went back to bed after DH left for work. Shame on me. :sp: It must have been all that fresh air mowing yesterday...zapped me. Yeah, that's it. :p
Today, I need to get back out there and do some weeding. I also have a new area of landscaping planned, would like to work on that.

Bright, have a great time on your trip...hope you're on the "right" side of town.

Jello, poor Bronco. Neighbors have one with a soft top. Orange body, all restored. Cute little thing. I'm trying to hold onto ours for oldest DS...he'll be ready to drive in FIVE years. :dizzy:

Semo, I bought a pilates dvd that I've never used...haven't even watched it. :rollpin:

Faye, have fun with dgs! :twirly:

I bravely stepped on the scale again this morning. Holding at 196. I'm ok with that since I was stuck at 198 for the longest time.

off to make myself busy...make up for the sleep in...

DNW
07-17-2003, 01:40 PM
Sorry I haven't been posting more regularly. Work is very busy and I have spent any extra minutes mailing out letters to schools and calling schools :write:

Generally I am pretty excited even though my offical start date for the nursing program won't be until next Summer-Fall. I do plan to take some courses over this year to fill in the prerequisites (Algebra, Chemistry...:eek: )

Tig: Good you slept in late for me...what a luxury enjoy it. Holding on to your truck for the boys sounds pretty cool. We have a kid in our neighborhood who is riding in an old Gremlin (gosh were any of you gals born then??) who is the cool guy in the neighborhood because of this old clinker he rides in.

Semo: Gee you like to relax the same way I do. Got Couch?? :devil: Seriously I will recommence my Leslie Sansome tapes this weekend as my foot finally isn't killing me anymore. God bless your perseverence. Tell me that you don't feel 150% stronger than you did last year :s:

Brighter: Being a New Yorker of sorts...here's my advice. Dress down, meaing nothing fancy that screams tourist, and DON'T STOP FOR ANYONE...keep cameras in your bag, your bag under your arm and in front of you, and you can sightsee with out being obvious..some people get into the stopping and staring thing and they might as well stick a sign on them that says mug me. Seriously though, other than the occasional wino, NY is pretty safe these days...most people walk so fast the mugger would have to be a marathon runner to keep up :lol:

In general if I am with Bob no one bothers me and when I am not I dress so simply (big tee shirts and leggings..being an Executive Asstistant I am dressed up every day, so when I am not at work no worries and no bra...the no bra thing generally keeps everyone away :yikes: )

Cafe: I know what you mean about having DH at home and studying. Did that for 6 years now it will be my turn. Bob says when I start nursing school he is investing in body armor. See I get real tense around exam time ;)

gma2one: Your little guy sounds like he keeps you going at a steady pace...yeah and I have those old lady nights myself...it's just me and old Ben...too bad he's Gay...sorry I couldn't resist that...what will my real gay friends think? :o :lol:
OK where the **** is Quilter, Huntress, and of course the long, lost Tiffany, and did Kayla fall off the face of the earth. See now I wrote and I can complain too.

Smoochies!! :grouphug:

QuilterInVA
07-17-2003, 05:20 PM
Okay, I'm here and I admit I've been lurking. Had a bad time when I just felt I couldn't do this anymore and I've just gotten that back under control. Also, being not too bright sometimes, you changed the name of the thread and it took me awhile to find you. See I was in a real funk. Anyway, I got myself up 5 pounds and this time I'll finish at goal...had my thyroid checked and the meds were upped so I think that might have had something to do with the depression.

But I'm back to being my cheerful OP self. Boss is on vacation until the 24th so I am extra cheerful;)

I've started a journal and that is helping as well.

DNW - thanks for the message. It was the prod I needed to come out of hiding! Congratulations on your career decision. I have the greatest respect for health care providers.

Jello
07-17-2003, 06:28 PM
Hi all! Just a quick check in. Saw doc. this AM and got clean bill of health for surgery. Ran around and did some shopping - didn't buy much but had a great time. :D Got my hair cut short. Well, short"er". She took off about 1.5-2 inches. I love it! :love: Meeting Rich at the VFW (I'm walking over in about 20 min.) and hope he loves it too. Oh well, he's pretty easy about these things.

Wanna hear a "Jello did something stupid" story? What do you think I did this morning just a few short hours BEFORE I got my hair done? Of course! Got my driver's license photo taken. Duh. Oh well, no one ever looks at those things, do they?

I have to go. Promise to write more and "talk to you all more personally" later. Meanwhile, gotta get my walkin' shoes on!

Hugs to all!

Edited to say HI QUILTER!!! So happy to see you back here!! Missed your face in this place!

brighterdays
07-17-2003, 10:19 PM
Hey all,

Thanks for the help for our trip...Faye, I've printed out your directions and will mark our map. Our hotel is actually in West Memphis (I got a bit mixed up reading the map last pm) and west of the airport. :dizzy:

Semo and DNW: I will heed all safety warnings and we will not go to any malls with security guard greeters and we are usually dressed very casual on trips so hopefully we will be safe.

Thanks again to all for the help and I hope you all have a great weekend!

:wave: Bright

gma22
07-18-2003, 12:08 AM
I promise I will post tomorrow about all the goings on today! I am just too pooped, but wanted Bright to know I sent you a pm with some better directions from Graceland or from your hotel now!

Faye

sassysus
07-18-2003, 12:23 AM
Hello all and thank you for the well wishes on recovery--jello i am thinking about your upcoming day!
Everything is going well and to top it all off i have lost 3 more pounds this week! At least something is going my way!

Well i will be pecking with one hand for another week till i get the stitches out! I can hardly wait!

Okay time to hit the sheets, its almost midnight!

gma22
07-18-2003, 07:47 AM
Good morning ladies!

I had an insomnia filled night after being so tired I thought I would drop so here I am bright and early. I am hoping staying up a bit will help and then I am going to crash for a couple more hours at least.

Sassy: Great loss. You are doing a great job!

Bright: Hope you have a barrel of fun here! THOUGH IT IS YUMMY WATCH OUT FOR THE BBQ, SLAW AND BEANS HERE! THEY ARE KILLERS!

Jello: You are better off with the shaggy hair than the cute new cut on your license. You'd get pulled over for something and the cop would think you were someone else and want to know why a beauty like you was carrying around some old hags license! :lol:

Quilter: Everyone has a bad period where they just can't deal with it all! Glad you are back with us and keep up the good work! You will pull those lbs off in no time!

DNW: I used Icy Hot sounds sexier than a happy go lucky guy that hasn't dumped ja-lo yet.....Duh, that was worse much worse than yours! You get the points for quick wit!

Tiger: You are going to have one gorgeous figure and yard when you are done with all the work. You can just stand in it and look elegant and sophisticated while the farmers drive by and wonder what the nutty lady is doing standing in her yard pretending to be a statue! :lol: :lol:

Semo: Actually there are 5 malls here and except for one, I am sure she wouldn't venture to most of the others. The one closest to Graceland (Southland mall) is not in a great area but then neither is Graceland. I don't know what possessed that man to build that house where he did! It wasn't a good area even all those years ago! It isn't a great mall anyway so I gave her directions to the big mall and there is tons of other shopping around there and restaurants and it is in one of the best neighborhoods in Memphis. I have a mall 2 miles from my house and it is small but nice and safe, then the "mall of death" as I call it! It was this really nice big mall and about 15 years ago, they had this big murder there. People started not going there anymore and pretty soon shops started closing. What held a huge amount of stores has probably less than 10 specialty creepy ones open now. All the anchor stores are gone, only one entrance is still open, the food court and skating rink are deserted. It is spooky! Hope you have a nice day today!

My day yesterday: Dinner was nice, but I went over fat cal for the day! Oh well, tomorrow I will work them off! The restaurant was not diet friendly I am afraid. They got to choose as it was their anniversary. I tried to eat partial, but I still had way too much fat for the day. T and I had a blast and he is hilarious of course. When the waitress walked up and said Hi, he was ready to go right away. She started to asked for drink orders and he piped up with, "I'll have a chocolate shake and a big plate of spaghetti with garlic toast!" She cracked up and his mom told her, "You'd never know we eat out a lot would you?" We went to Target afterwards and he went with his granddad and I while mom and dad shopped and of course, Nonny bought more stuff for him (m and m's and a sticker book) He decided he was going to help me keep track of his granddad when he wandered away so he is yelling down the aisles, "Jack, Jack, Jack!" Brother that child! I told him not to call him Jack but granddad and he looked at me and said, "Nonny isn't that Granddad's name?" Well, ummmm yes, but ummmmmm......... I am pooped though as after the "crafting" we went to the pool for an hour and I did my workout with his help of course and wore myself out playing motor boat with him (You swing them around in a circle and say "motor boat motor boat go so slow, motor boat motor boat, go so fast, motor boat motor boat, step on the gas" Yep, you guessed it you go faster and faster around in a circle and of course that is his favorite thing to play! We came in, he ate a little snack and watched a little tv and I posted then off to the mall to ride the carousel (I sure was doing a lot of dizzy stuff today!) then he wanted Chinese at the mall so we had Chinese and of course he decided mine was better tasting so we had to switch so I didn't eat anything but the low mein because he had orange chicken and that is deep fried and drenched in sugary sauce, then it was off to get ice cream and he ended up with the deep purple vanilla. It was really sticky and hard to get out of the cup for him but he persevered. I ask him if I could have a little taste and he said, "Sure, if I can get it out of this dumb cup!" then we had to buy some cookies, off to the restroom to clean up then home so Nonny could change out of sandals and into my New Balance as it was becoming a racing day! THEN, off to the "big toy store" (Toys R US) where he found a Fireman kit and of course the ole Nonny refuses him nothing. Back home and he watched a little tv and I collapsed for a half hour until going to get dh from work then out the door again! We came home and we played with his sticker book and puzzles and his train until his mom got home (oh and btw the fireman kit had a plastic uniform, badge, whistle, axe, radio, flashlight (that works), gas mask AND fire extinguisher WHICH you can put water in and it really shoots! He soaked me of course and thought it was uproariously funny! (actually so did I!) Finally mom got home and took over!!

Well, I need to go visit with dh before he is off to work!

Faye

Tigerlily
07-18-2003, 11:06 AM
Friday:cheers:
Grocery day. I've been working on my list, but not doing too good. I have 'plan the meals' burnout. I usually ask the crew for input, then regret it. DH always wants steak and potatoes. DS's pick something like corndogs/frenchfries. :dz:
Actually, anything that can be cooked on the grill is a good idea since DH thinks he's the only one that can grill. :s: *adding steak to my list*

Faye, sounds like you had a very busy day. I imagine it's more fun when you get to send them home at the end of the day.:o
My arms are a little sore from shoveling...scrape'n off the top layer of sod, haul'n rocks.:strong: More to do today if the clouds move out.

Hey sassy! Great job on the loss! :bravo: I still remember when I was young, my mother had both wrists done at the same time. All she could do was soak up the sun. :sunny: Hope you are able to do the same.

Gotta work on my list and get the kids around.
*adding eye of newt to list*
(for Jello's doll)

SEMO
07-18-2003, 11:19 AM
Good Morning and Happy Friday! :dance: :dance:

Well Faye, No wonder he loves to visit, I wanna come play too. Thank goodness you could give him back at the end of a day like you had.

Sassy, three pounds down! WooHoo:high: I get so many interuptions when I'm typing, that by the time I hit submit there are several more post, so don't let that stop you from posting.

Quilter, we've missed you. We all know when someone starts missing that usually that's not a good sign. We need, me included, to just post more during those times. :grouphug:

Jello, I wouldn't worry about the DL picture. When they look at mine and see the weight, they won't believe that either!:yikes: There are just a few things that I've ever lied about and my weight is one of them! :o

DNW: Don't stretch yourself too far. It's not good to get stressed out and over extended. I think I can speak for all of us, we're all the type to THROW ourselves into something 200% then crash. Take care and don't try to do too much at once.

Bright, Have fun on you're trip, give me a little wave if you hit I-55 before you leave the state.

Tig, Work, Work, Work.... I need some of your engery. When you get finished come stand in my yard.

Cafe, we have plenty of frogs around too, let me know and I'll send you some and we'll make dolls for all of our UNFAVORITE people in the office. Mine needs a big FAT cigar stuck in his pie hole. (Now that was ugly on my part, but oh so true)

Huntress, get you're butt back here! We miss you.

Got my SB book yesterday, read thru about half of it (it had big print! Ha) Looks interesting, haven't decided to try it yet. It's low carb but the carbs that you eat are whole grain and veggies are also on the lower side, protein are lower fat as well and only good fats. Let's see, no white potatoes (can have sweet), corn, carrots, beets, turnips. FRUITS, eaten before meals on empty stomach, can have all except ripe bananas, pineapples raisins and watermelons. Dairy, low fat. Bread/cereal no white flour, whole grain only and no sugar other than natural. That's all I can remember right now. It looks like a plan of just healthy eating.

Gotta get some work done, tomorrow is my baby boys birthday (24), my oldest brothers and my sisters too. Then Sunday is another brothers birthday.

Jello
07-18-2003, 04:06 PM
OK, the boss isn't even in today and yet it's almost 3:00 and this is the first chance I've had to post. :mad: What's wrong with this picture??? It's Friday and I'm tired, darn it! Hey, let's all just give up and go home already!

Nah, ain't nothin' waiting for me at home but more home renovations. Tonight, we get to go to the Home Depot for plywood and 2-by-4's. Oooh. Ahhh. Blah. Just don't wanna, you know? But I told him I'd help and go with him tonight but only AFTER Curves. Gotta get the blood flowing and the metabolism kicked in before I go haul lumber. :rolleyes:

Speaking of blood flowing ... sorry, gross ... but today's the day I officially kick Aunt Flo out and warn her never to darken my doorstep again! :p Um, anyone know what I can do with all these opened, left over "blue boxes" under the bathroom sink? Come on all you crafter-types!! Perhaps some lovely decor for this year's Christmas tree?? :lol:

OK, now I really am going too far. It's Friday!! Can't help myself.

And I know that in my last post I said I'd talk about more than just me me me me me. Well, nothing ever goes as planned, eh?

Gotta run! Happy Weekend everyone! :dancer:

gma22
07-18-2003, 04:35 PM
Jello: I have always told my dh the most expensive thing you ever have to buy comes in those d(*& boxes! You can't reuse them or use them for something else (unless you guys come up with some great ideas maybe dunk them in water so they "flower", dry them out and use them as skirts for Christmas angel ornaments?) and they are darn expensive. Dh used to work for a company called Copar in Chicago and they did electronic repair for the cardboard industry and YEP, you guessed it dh got to go to Kimberly Clark and watch tampons being made and packaged. In fact, that line was the one they were having trouble with and he had to get it up and running again so now all you women can thank the man that fixed their assembly line, my dh!

SEMO: I adore that boy, but he can wear you plumb out! He wanted to ride on the second floor on the carousel and weiny ole Nonny told him we couldn't because I had sandals on and they would fall off! I know, I know, but it was all I could think of so I wouldn't have to climb those stairs!

You guys have a super duper weekend and Bright wherever you are, I hope you are having fun doing it!

Faye

sassysus
07-18-2003, 04:51 PM
Jello:

Someone told me after i had my surgery to use them to clean the floor! Take off the backing,stick em to your feet and go! I think that would count for exercise too!!!!!!!! I still chuckle when I think of the visual! Knowing my luck, that would be when the door would ring........

SEMO
07-18-2003, 05:14 PM
Jello-

www.craftsayings.com/projects/gag_gifts/padded_slippers/index.shtml

1. Bed Slippers - You'll have time to get all your Christmas list done while you are mending.
2. Dust computer/lap top screen
3. Banages for big booboo's
4. Dang didn't think of this when the kids dog was wetting on everything, Doggie diaper.
5. Wet and freeze for cold compress
6. Wet and heat in microwave for hot compress
7. Stick to cat or dogs feet - free dust mops
8. Duster for car dash, just leave in seat for handy reach
9. Stick to steering wheel so it won't be hot in the summer
10. Ugh, think that about does it for me. :D

Jello
07-18-2003, 05:20 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: Sassy, I've got tears in my eyes from that one!!! Tooooooo funny!

But you know, probably not a bad idea! :rolleyes: (The pads that go on my Swiffer WetJet do remind me of a certain other pad.) Yes, that would be about when the new neighbor dropped in to borrow a cup of sugar!

Faye, never thought of the angel's skirt idea! Shows what I know. I was just thinking paint each one a different color and string them all together for a lovely garland. LOL.

Semo, oh I've got to have those instructions! Warm feet and no Aunt Flo. What woman could ask for more!? :dizzy:

OK, this time I mean it. I have to go. Almost time for Curves! :strong: I'll check in again this weekend, promise.

Edited to add - tampons between my toes while my nail polish dries!!! How 'bout that? Thinking... thinking...

SEMO
07-18-2003, 05:23 PM
I found it, I edited my first post, the site is there. :D

DNW
07-20-2003, 11:24 PM
Jello: Believe it or not way back in 1955 my sister used to tie a Super Kotex to our sponge mop and wax the floor. Never failed to make that floor sparkle....see if she had brains she could have patented her original "Swiffer". By the way
Super Kotex buff up a floor so you can see yourself in it!! :lol:

Jello
07-21-2003, 09:16 AM
Almost afraid to post. Is the upgrade complete? Will this post be lost? I'm still totally in awe of the 3 sisters who run this forum and the entire 3FC website. What a mission!! :encore:

Well, I'll post anyway. Had a bad weekend. Did lots of work around the house (plenty of exercise) but that's about it. Not much water. Ate .... whatever. Finding it hard to care.

Ah but I'm thinking that after the surgery and just a little while of pampering ;) I should get myself back on some formal program whether it's Weight Watchers or whatever. Have some time to think about this....

Better go. Five more days of this place. I must admit that I'm starting to get just a little stressed :stress: about this surgery. Actually, I'm more worried about getting to the hospital and finding my way to the right place, etc. than I am about the surgery. One obsession at a time. :rolleyes:

Later!

SEMO
07-21-2003, 11:05 AM
Jello, did you check out that site?

I'm doing payroll, be back later.

Tigerlily
07-21-2003, 11:25 AM
Monday again. :dz: Weekends go too fast.

Jello, peel and stick to old *itches bumper. :s: Can you go to the hospital before the actual "day" and find where you need to go?

Speaking of hospitals....my aunt is in the hospital right now. She fell and broke her hip and wrist. She's only 56, but she's overweight. She had problems with a foot sugery that never healed right, twisted a knee up really bad....her weight has probably played a factor in all of these problems.
LETS TAKE CARE OF OURSELVES GIRLS!

I'm heading out to check out the storm damage. We got pounded again last night.

QuilterInVA
07-21-2003, 01:02 PM
Hello, Ladies! Thank you all for taking me back.

Lost 3 pounds last week so I'm back on track. It's been so humid the last 2 days I can't walk so I'm doing my stationary bike instead. Doing a little free weights and bands as well. Feels good!

I tell you, as long as I cut the carbs I do great...don't get hungry and fill up pretty fast. Carbs make me hungry! After I paid the RDA all that money, you'd think I'd follow her advice better.

DNW
07-21-2003, 03:54 PM
Quilter: So very glad to hear from you....and you know we all slip, slop, and slide from time to time...;) I am also going somewhat low carb, although it's not Atkins by a long shot...and finding it's easier because I am not hungry all the time. Carbs make me ravenous too! My new favorite protein shake is made with sugar free protein from Puritan's Pride, a fresh, ripe Mango, 2 cups of skim milk, 3 Splenda, and 1/2 to a full tray of ice cubes. Yummy, fill and my favorite there is alot to drink so I fill less deprived!!! Also cuts down my food thoughts because I am not flooded with taste bud sensations. Mango is sort of mellow and non-commital in a shake. So what kind of exercise bands do you use?

Tig: Hope you didn't any damage and I hear you about your aunt...my sister has terrible problems with her knees do to her weight.

Semo: Loved those bed slippers...if I ever have a guestroom you know what I will be putting under the bed for there little feeties!!

Faye: Happy upcoming 50th!!

Jello: I am wishing you a very fast and speedy recovery...don't worry about where to go when you get to the hospital they usually know at the front desk exactly where you need to be.

Please don't be shy about get a shot if you are in pain in the recovery room. Here's a tip: If you call your doctor or his nurse this week, do tell him you want to make sure there is an order for a shot for pain in his orders for post-op. Sometimes these docs scoot out of the hospital really fast and then if you need a shot they have to track them down. This way it's already in the paperwork.

Additionally, mention you would like an anti-nausea drug list in the pre-op orders, just in case. They can give it to you right in the IV they will be putting in your arm when you go in for the procedure. Generally you get a Versaed or Valium IV to relax you for the procedure so the addition of the anti-nuasea drug is not an extra needle or anything, they just piggyback it into the IV. You'll also meet the anasethesiologist right before surgery and should also mention anti-nausea medication to him/her. You may not need it (and there are no side effects) but it's good to have just in case. I had several minor same day surgeries and never had a problem, then there was the time I got a cyst removed from my foot and they had to change from local to general anesthesia in the middle of the operation because apparently I was moving around and I woke up in recovery retching...luckily I hadn't eaten since the night before so it was more of a gag reflex...but still yucky. Needless to say now I make sure I get an antinausea drug and I am never ill post op.

Good luck it will be over before you know and you will be dancing in the streets...or just excercising at Curves....you choose!!

Big smooches to everyone else...I am back on the wagon and really trying hard to lose, lose, lose.....and as Tig says it's about our health!!

gma22
07-21-2003, 08:01 PM
Jello: We are all thinking about you and praying for you even now before you go in! You keep working on a positive attitude and you will come out of it A-Ok!

DNW: Sounds like you are working hard to stay OP! Good for you!

Tiger: I posted this on a couple other threads, but it definitely bears repeating. Your aunts problems concur with this:

Did anyone watch the Oprah episode or tape it a couple months ago where she had all the people on that lost a ton of weight? There was one man who was the very last one on the show who had weighed 850 lbs. He had destroyed his legs because of his weight, was bedridden, and hadn't been out of his house in like 20 years. He had gastric bypass (was told there was a 60% chance he would die!) and lost like 520 lbs. He looked wonderful. He had gone to Disneyworld for the first time and did several things we take for granted that he had never done or seen. Well, they re-aired the show today and at the end they posted a notice that approx 3 weeks ago he died of congestive heart failure. I know there are a lot of us here that only have 20-40 lbs to lose and do not have these concerns in their lives, only to lose the weight to look better, but I speak for myself now when I say, these are things I have to face in my life! To think that I could be where he is if I am not serious! I weighed half what he did anyway! It should be a wake up call to us all that our health is fragile and we need to protect it and that includes watching our weight. This filled me with sadness that a man who had given up on life and wanted to die, was reborn only to lose his life because of past bad habits! I hope this helps us to stay on program and get ourselves healthy for our spouses, our children and any of those who love us, but most of all for ourselves! LET'S BE GOOD TO OURSELVES LADIES AND LOSE THIS WEIGHT ONCE AND FOR ALL!

Quilter: You sound like you are again really motivated. That's great!

Well ladies, I need to do a couple more things this evening. My kitty upchucked all over the entranceway so I had to wash my rugs and mop the floor again this evening (of course, I cleaned house today! :lol:) He seems to be ok so I think it was something he got into and ate! I don't know what hairballs look like, but it didn't look like hair at all!

Faye

Jello
07-22-2003, 09:43 AM
Aw shucks, thanks you guys! :^: I knew I'd get lots of love and support here. I must admit that I've started dreaming about this surgery and being in the hospital. No really bad nightmares but enough to stress me out even more. Interesting. Five years ago, I went into the hospital to have my tubes tied. When I woke up, I thought I was in recovery and would be going home in a few hours. Then they told me they'd found the tumor and had to do more surgery and take the ovary and I'd be there for a few days etc. etc. I was so groggy that when I woke up again later, I had to ask a nurse if it was real or if I'd dreamed it. Point of this is that I didn't have time to fret and obsess and worry about it before it happened. It was better that way. I've just got to take my mind off it if possible. :rolleyes: Yeah, right.

Tiger, actually, I'm going to the hospital for pre-op tests on the day before the surgery. Then they'll tell me (I hope!) what time I have to be there for the actual surgery the next day. Glad Rich will be driving but I worry about him finding his way back to visit me and deal with some really bad traffic up that way, etc. Yeah, yeah, Jello's fretting too much again. Just because I have a really really reeeeealllllly bad sense of direction doesn't mean everyone else does too. :shrug:

DNW, thanks for the info! The pain doesn't worry me too much. I have a pretty high threshold for it. But I remember the nausea from the last time. Yuck. :( I never thought of asking about medication for it before hand.

Faye, your posts never fail to make me think. (And I'm talking about the man on the Oprah show, not the cat barfing! :dz: ) I didn't see that Oprah show, wish I had. But it does make one pause and think about what this extra weight is doing to our bodies. I had problems with my knees a few years ago and the doctor, as politely as he possibly could, told me it was because my legs were having trouble supporting my extra weight. Made sense. Best thing to do would be to lose weight.

Yeah, Jello, and that was how many years ago....??? :mad:

Rich and I actually had a discussion this morning. There was yet another "miracle diet pill" commercial on the radio and I said that the only "real" way to lose weight was to eat right, drink plenty of water and get some exercise.

Wish there was a magical diet drug or pill but, guess what, there isn't. Get over it Jello and get your act together. Yes, I was trying to convince myself more than anyone else. Wish I could just smack myself on the back of the head, shout "Wise Up Girlie!!" and get back on track. For good.

OK there's the plan. Um, how to do this....???????????

SEMO
07-22-2003, 10:18 AM
Good Morning and hello, hello, hello. The end of the month cut off is Friday and you know how rushed we get durning this time. Ugh, was I the one complaining in December and January because I had nothing to do! Yikes, never again. I think if I ever leave this job, I'm gonna flip hamburgers or something, well maybe tofu burgers! Surely there wouldn't be much stress in that!:)

Jello, you will be fine, thinking about it is always worse. No one looks forward to surgery but it has to be done. If you want PM us the hospital and address and we'll load you down with get well wishes.

I read the SugarBusters book, it really doesnt' give you much guidance but it's really just eating healthy. There's a thead here and I've been asking some questions. I't pretty much what I've been doing already so I don't see that it would be hard to follow.

Gotta run girls, have a great day.

Tigerlily
07-22-2003, 10:42 AM
Another rainy day here. I'm trying to look on the positive side...it's good for the pond. :halffull: Oh, and good for the flowers...good for me cuz I don't have to spend my time watering.

Jello, You are SO right. Water, eat right and exercise. It's so simple...yet so difficult. I could definately use that smack on the back of the head. WAKE UP GIRLIE!

Faye, I think I saw that episode of Oprah when it first aired. Even though I only (I use that word losely) have 40ish pounds to loose, I can already feel the effects of the extra weight on my body. My feet ache, my knees, I don't sleep well, I get tired easy. And yes, I'd like to look better too.

I need to get a grip before I start to gain again. Once I hit 200, I've managed to keep it just under that. Dropping as low at the 175ish...only to pop back up. I'm treading water and it's time to swim! Swim little fishies, swim! :cb:

Cafe976
07-22-2003, 11:04 AM
Good Morning, girls.

I'm back in black. Haven't read all the posts yet but it looks like Jello's surgery is coming up quick.. Like everyone, I'll be thinking about you and sending you all kinds of good vibes!

I had a nice weekend, albeit busy. It's always a little odd coming back to work after 4 or more days off, makes me wonder what I'm doing it for. Oh yeah, the money. :p

I enjoyed your post, Faye about that Oprah show. Yes, it's for our health, not just for kicks. That's why I have to try, try again. I've got a little more to lose than Tiger, I'm still running a bit over 2 bills and I'm shorter. The first time I did my BMI online and was told it was very likely I would DIE younger from complications of obesity if something didn't change - what a shocker!! Somehow it's hard to keep in the front of my mind that this is as important for my future as quitting smoking is for some people. I keep forgetting! How could I? I'm carrying it around, for pity's sake! :dizzy:

Anywho, I've got work to catch up on and posts to catch up on... so I'm out. :)

Tigerlily
07-22-2003, 12:58 PM
2 bills. Reminds me of when DH weighed "a buck fifty". He's happy to have brought it up to 170. Pround of the love handles. Only a man could feel that way. :p I would love to weigh less than him. :doh:

So what is it that makes some people "snap" and finally loose the weight for good? :?: It's not a magic pill we are looking for or a magic plan...it's a magic BRAIN CELL!

I'm off to bag/freeze blueberries. The other day my munchkins picked 20 pounds! They usually eat and throw more than they put in the bucket. Don't know what got into them.

Oh, and it's that time of year again....I have poison itch on my hand. Ivy, oak, sumac? I don't know. But I had to take my wedding ring off cuz my finger is swollen. I'm such a freak. All the stupid stuff happens to me. At least my lawnmower accident sores are all healed up. Again, :halffull:

sassysus
07-22-2003, 04:07 PM
Hello:

Still one handed(lol) but still lurking!

Jello: I would ask what kind of pain med you will be on after surgery--I was supposed to have a morophine pump after mine--didn't happen because they couldn't give me enough morphine in recovery(i had 110) to get me comfortable--i have a very HIGH tolerence to pain meds and they aften don't work for me. Not to worry you, please don't but I have a high pain tolerence as well , but as my Dr. said it is an extremely painful recovery, but in the end it is all worth it! I wish you all the best, mine was only 8 months ago, so I remember it vividly, take lots of time to recover!
Have you checked out "hystersisters"?

sassy

Jello
07-22-2003, 04:44 PM
Yeah Tiger. Rich got on the scale the other day and I peeked. :eek: It's official. I weigh more than my DH. :mad: So if you find/create that magic brain cell, :callme: !!! Sorry to hear about the itchies. Someone whispers the words "poison ivy" within a 5 mile radius of me and I catch it!

Sassy, I was supposed to have morphin after they took my ovary 5 years ago but told them I didn't want it. Yeah, it hurt like crazy for a while but I stuck with the Extra Strength Tylenol. Hoping it won't be too much worse. :crossed: I was talking today to a friend who had both her kids by C-section. She was giving me tips too. Guess I'll just have to wait and see. BTW, what's hystersisters??

Well, we had a major storm blow through last night and lightning fried one of our computer servers. Been having problems all day and the IT Manager is pulling out his hair. More isolated thunder storms on the radar for tonight. They're calling for hail up to 2 inches in diameter!! :yikes: Sounds like a good night to get the heck home and stay there!

I've spent a good part of the day showing various people how to do stuff while I'm gone. The last two engineers came up with their notebooks and pens all ready. Geez, all I had to do was show them where some files were on the server. It took all of 3 minutes! I asked them if they brought an apple for the teacher.... They didn't get it. :rolleyes: Oh never mind.

Gotta run. Have a good evening all!

gma22
07-22-2003, 04:47 PM
Hey ladies! We had the storm to end all storms this morning! 85 mile an hour winds, temps dripped 25 degrees in about half hour! It was pretty scary. My daughter lost her beautiful pine tree that sits in the corner of their front yard. Thank goodness it didn't hit the house, but was strewn all over the neighborhood I guess. Her section of town got hit hard. She had a tough time getting to work because of downed trees across the road and power was out and she couldn't get gas anywhere and needed it badly she said. We had a power on power off kind of thing and lost cable and dsl most of the day. It just came back up. I had to go out in the stuff to retrieve the patio umbrella and it knocked this big ole lady around pretty good just doing that and it is right outside the door. I went out after the storm because today is garbage day in my ripped, seethrough gross nightshirt and found that the can had taken a trip and not left a forwarding note! I met up with one of the men in the neighborhood who kindly (probably because of how I looked!) went and found it for me! Gave me time to get my upstairs cleaned inbetween power outages. I didn't have much else I could do!

No pool for me today :( . It is not opened probably because of leaves and branches and such.

Jello: You hang in there sweety, it will all be over soon and then you will be right as rain. Just please take care of yourself and don't get brave and try to do too much. This is one surgery that takes time to get over.

Tiger: I have a huge allergic reaction to the poison vegetation. I have to have shots and the whole nine yards. I never got a case of it until we were living here when Jack was in the Navy and I didn't know that it was poison ivy growing on the fence and I not only pulled it up , but mowed it so I spread that stuff all over the place and the kids and I all got a bad case of it! Boy did I learn my lesson. Is Pertics still the place to pick berries? When I was a kid it was the one kind of fruit I didn't mind going and picking every year because you could stand up! :lol: I hated picking strawberries!

Now that we have been suitably shocked over that Oprah show, we are going to be good to ourselves are we not ladies? We are going to make more of an effort to eat right, exercise, and get in the fluids!

Well, dh should be home soon so I better scoot!

Faye

Jello
07-22-2003, 05:07 PM
Humph!!! :mad: I just found the Hystersisters website and poked around a little and decided I wanted to register and be a part of it. Well, I can't. Apparently, you can't register if you have a yahoo email account!!

What a ripoff!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Good thing 3FC is so much more user friendly and a better place to be!!! ;)

Tigerlily
07-22-2003, 05:10 PM
Faye, yes...Pertics is the place. But we were not so lucky to stand up and pick. We got put on the new bushes. Might as well have been picking strawberries. My back was killing me afterwards! And, they hadn't mowed between the rows. Weeds were up to my knees. Not my best experience there. But, the boys had a good time and did a good job picking. Oh, and they have raspberries to pick now too. We didn't get any of those yet.
Last night of baseball and chance of rain AGAIN. Ugh. Hopefully it holds off since it's trophy night 'n all. My parents are coming to the game. Always nice to see them. Dad is feeling better. He's done with chemo and gaining weight. :)
I'm off to the corner market to get treats for after the game. For the players, not me. :s:
:df:

QuilterInVA
07-22-2003, 05:51 PM
Hi, ladies. Just a quick check-in. Boss is due back tomorrow (after 3 week vacation) for a week, then he's off to Madrid for 10-days. Gee, Susan, when are you going to take your vacation? Duh...

gma22
07-22-2003, 10:34 PM
Susan: I just noticed you live in Yorktown! My dh and I were stationed in Va Beach twice and we used to take the Cub Scouts to Yorktown! I love that area so much, Jamestown, Williamsburg and Yorktown. It is definitely history rich!

Tiger: YUM, my favorite fruit are raspberries, but I am not sure I want to pick in knee high weeds all those mosquitos and such. I sure hope your Dad will be up and going gangbusters soon! My dh's dad passed away in 1976 of cancer and went through radiation and chemo (though it was not anything like it is today) and it tore my heart out to see him losing so much weight and his hair and all. He was at MD Anderson in Houston for awhile, but became so sick that he just wanted to go home to die. Our prayers are with your dad and his full recovery!

Tonight is yuck tv! I don't know why we pay $100 a month for cable when nothing is ever on except those incredibly stupid reality shows! I am a big fan of NYPD BLUE but it is in reruns now as well as all of the LAW and ORDER shows. I kind of follow a theme don't I! :lol: Guess it is these ole legal roots of mine that keep me coming back! I like CSI too.

Ok, my brain can't remember , who was reading the Jeffrey Deaver book I recommended and have you finished it? If so, did you like it? I am reading a Scott Turow (Legal thriller :lol: ) and it is pretty good, but I have liked some of his others better. Did anyone ever see that movie with Harrison Ford where he was I think an asst district attorney and was accused of murdering his lover/co-worker I think her name was Carol something. Brian Dennehey played his boss in it. That was a Scott Turow book (Presumed Innocent.

Enough of my book blabbing! Talk to you tomorrow!

Faye

SEMO
07-23-2003, 10:49 AM
Good Morning Ladies!

Quilter, forgot to say hello to you and tell you that we're glad you're back. Did you miss us? We did you.

Faye, I read your book, and yes I loved it! Went by the used book store Saturday and picked up some more of his books. Took a little longer for me to finish it but I had to stop long enough to read the Sugar Busters book. :D Our Corp office is in Collierville, and they closed yesterday and are still out today.

Still very busy, so no time for shouts, you all have a good day.

QuilterInVA
07-23-2003, 11:07 AM
Boss is back from 3 weeks vacation - had electric storm yesterday and lost my huge file of tenant info that was in the midst of saving. Do have it on backup but I had just finished making the changes for the month and doing the invoicing...so have to do it again. DRAT - I hate lightening.

Jello
07-23-2003, 12:23 PM
Faye, regarding your "babbling"... Any time you mention Harrison Ford, you can "babble" to your heart's content!! Yummy. :T ;)

I forget, what was the name of that Jeffrey Deaver book again? I'm gathering books for my hospital stay and home recovery. Have a bunch of VHS tapes and DVD's. Local video store was having a big sale on old, used tapes. I bought about a dozen for about 10 bucks! Heck, for that price, even if it's a really bad movie, I've only wasted less than a dollar on it.

Quilter, your weather sounds like ours. Darned little isolated thunderstorms can cause so much damage so quickly. Then the sky turns all blue and "innocent" again. :chin:

Tiger, so glad to hear your dad's feeling better! :)

Oh, let me take this moment to apologize for my outburst in my last post. I heard from someone at Hystersisters and was able to register and log on to their forum finally. Lots of nice people there. The forum's very similar to this one. Of course, no one's as nice as the people here!!! :love:

Have to go. Yesterday, someone asked me when the surgery was and I said "a week from today" and then I stopped and thought "a week from today!?!?!?!". :stress: Gotta find ways to take my mind off it now....

Jello
07-23-2003, 04:36 PM
Where is everyone today? :cry: Is it me? Is it my deodorant? My mouthwash? My typing skills?

Sulking in the corner.... :sorry:

sassysus
07-23-2003, 05:05 PM
Jello: Sorry about the website-I didn't know that about the yahoo email, because i don't have one with them. There is a lot of good pre and post op info on it though(i had to stop chatting with people there after a while because I couldn't handle the whining lol)! Any questions please ask!

Everyone else: hope you are all having a gread day! I am down 3 more pounds this week (yeah me:D ) I also got my stiches out of my hand today from surgery but it is not very useful yet, still swollen, bruised and gross as my kids said! But its already better than it was preop-not numb!

Talk to you later

sassy:sunny:

Tigerlily
07-23-2003, 05:24 PM
Aww, Jello. :twirly: I'm sure you smell wonderful.

I've been outside. Watched a little BBC Space Invaders this morning and it got me going. Attached an old wooden birdhouse to a stake, wrapped it with grapevine and slapped it in the ground. :D Now, I'm trying to decide what to do with these old bed pans I bought. I know, bedpans:eek: But, they are antique'ish. Blue with white specks. I like having strange touches in my garden. Yeah, I'm strange.
And, on the interior decorating front....I think I want to paint my frig with chalkboard paint. Has anyone used that stuff? The frig is on it's last leg, so I'm not really worried about ruining it. (new one next year) BaBBLE, bAbbLe...And, I've had too much sugar today. :o I feel like "this one time, at band camp..."

:dizzy:

QuilterInVA
07-23-2003, 06:07 PM
Anyone else here have a journal on the site? I write under THE POUNDS STOP HERE! Mainly my menus at this point. Makes me feel like I really have to do good.

Boss came back very mellow - wonders will never cease. I had 2 things he needed to attend to (pretty good after 3 weeks - I could have done them but these are old clients he handles himself) and he promptly took care of them!

Have my quilt bee tonight - I really look forward to it. We've been together 9 years now.

Tigerlily
07-23-2003, 06:45 PM
I dont keep a journal at the site. I've tried too many times to count to keep a food journal with "food thoughts". Maybe keeping one here would be more motivational and I'd be more likely to keep it up. :chin:

Jello
07-24-2003, 10:49 AM
:stress: Rumor has it there will be 8 people laid off here today. Have seen 3 so far escorted to the door including a good friend of mine. She's not terribly upset about it, hated her job anyway, but I'll miss her. :cry: Not a good situation here. Starts me wondering if I'll come back to find no job.

And thinking about it, I guess it could be worse. :?: Don't like it here much and I could be covered under Rich's very good health benefits. I could see me working part time as a little file clerk or restacking the books at the library or something. Wouldn't mind that, no how, no way.

Still, things are very stressful around here. Some of my coworkers - including my boss!!! :o - were going to take me to lunch today. Now no one's quite in the mood. I'm certainly not. Thing that really gets me is that the company president is not even in today. Coward. :mad:

But on to other things.

Got held up late at work yesterday, then finally got to Curves. Did a little shopping and got home late but was feeling ambitious. Finally painted the fourth wall of the master bedroom. It's a little different than the other three but still light blue with sponging effects. Looks pretty good if I do say so myself. As usual, I ended up with more paint on myself than on the wall. But I had a heck of a good time. :smug:

Quilter, I had posted a couple times in the journal area but didn't keep it up. Maybe I'll get back to it while I'm laid up. That is, if we can get our :censored: wireless internet connection to work properly!!!!

Sassy, please don't apologize! Thank you so much for pointing me to that website. I was able to register and log in, etc. and it's been really helpful and informative. Unfortunately, I find myself going into a mode where I keep going in and looking for more info and dwelling on this. I finally force myself to stop obsessing. Still it's nice to be able to get info. and support. Hm, sounds like another forum I know! ;) P.S. Glad the hand's getting better!

Well, I've been interrupted half a dozen times, including saying goodbye to another friend. Sigh. Sometimes this place just stinks. Better get back to work now!

SEMO
07-24-2003, 11:23 AM
Poor Jello, I feel for you, I've been on both ends of cutbacks and personally I think it's worst on the ones that stay. Your workload is doubled and the stress level goes out the roof. (((Jello)))

Nothing much to say, nothing much going on. Youngest son has two interviews in St Louis Friday, so say a little prayer for him if you think about it. HE NEEDS A JOB!

Much left to do before Friday's cut off. Tootle Lou.

Tigerlily
07-24-2003, 12:23 PM
Hello Chickies.
Geez Jello, first you have BO....then your getting people fired at work. :p
DH might have to fire somebody today. Have I mentioned he builds RV's? Well, someone is USING THE TOILET INSIDE THE RV when it comes down the production line. *shudder* Don't know how they are going to figure out who is responsible. Stupid Men (you know it's a man). And the poor cleaning people. *eeuwww*

I ate Keebler cookies this morning. Got up and ate a handful with my coffee. I'm broken. I should be the one peeing in rv toilets on the production line. School starts next month. Maybe that will be helpful. Kids gone in the morning...easier to exercise...have some MY time...not fixing them food/snacks. :crossed: Oh, the cookies were left over from the baseball treat fest.

SEMO, sending good luck vibes for your son :goodvibes What kind of profession is he trying to land a job in?

I'm off to clean the kitchen and throw in a load of laundry. Then, out to mow frogs, toads and dog poop.
:df:

Tigerlily
07-24-2003, 04:47 PM
HELLO! ANYONE HOME? Jello doesn't really have BO.:^:

Jello
07-24-2003, 05:22 PM
Uh well, gee, Tiger, I don't know. It is kind of a hot day here after all...... :shrug:

Did go to lunch after all and it was really nice. :yes: Although I ate too much. :no: Still stuffed.

Semo, I agree with you. Sometimes it's harder to be the ones left behind. Then again, tomorrow's my last day for a while so I'm not going to worry about it. :s:

Couldn't get in here earlier this afternoon. Thought the 3 sisters might be working on the site. Nice to see it back on my screen.

Having said that, I have to go. I'm pretty much counting on being here late tonight and tomorrow just to make sure everything's A-OK for my absence. Yeah, sometimes I care entirely too much about this place.

Meanwhile, hope you all have a good night. I'm going home tonight to wrap my 5YO nephew's birthday present. He wanted hockey sticks. Aunt Jello bought him hockey sticks.

Ever try to wrap hockey sticks?

It's not pretty. :twirly:

Cafe976
07-24-2003, 06:17 PM
Hey, gals!

Glad to hear you're all keepin' on - in spite of bad storms, layoffs and - dare I say it? Keebler elves sneaking things in the cupboards. ;)

I've been busy lately - lots to catch up on this week, so I'm just going to duck and run... But I had to at least drop in and spread the love around a little more.

gma22
07-25-2003, 08:32 AM
Back from the proverbial storm dead! We have not had cable/dsl since Tues evening so :( no posting and it drove me nuts! We have no pool so I have had to walk UGH and my hips are complaining big time about that.

Bright: Thank goodness you were back home before this storm hit! I have never seen anything like this. The ended up clocking it at at category 3 hurricane wind!

Jello: The name of the book is The Vanished Man. I am currently reading a true crime book about the famous murder in the 40's, the Black Dahlia. It is called, The Black Dahlia Avenger, and if you like true crime, pick it up. It is an excellent read. I saw the author on Larry King Live a couple months ago and he is a retired homicide detective for the LAPD police dept and he has solved the crime and the killer is a real shock! I know your hospital stay is looming close so know you are in our prayers, before, during and after!

Tiger: I think the "portapotties" would look great with plants and flowers in them. How many do you have? You could make a circle of them or line them up somehow. I think they would look cute!

I sure hope they open up the pool again soon! I miss it so much! I am going to be miserable this fall/winter without it!

Have a great day girls!

Faye

Tigerlily
07-25-2003, 10:40 AM
Hello,
Grocery day. I'm so tired of planning the meals and obviously I'm not very good at it.:^: The kids go with me shopping and that makes it even worse. They are mesmerized by the latest junk food. PB in a tube, Apple Jacks with green carrots...ugh.

I did end up getting a lot of exercise yesterday working in the yard/pond. Good Bye Keebler Elves :devil:

Faye, I was wondering what was keeping you away. I go nuts when our internet connection is down. Cut off from the world.:yikes:

off to make the dreaded list...

Jello
07-25-2003, 10:57 AM
Well, Jello's last day at work and what happens? The main computer server goes kaboom. Can't get any work done and it's piling up in the in-box. Guess I should be concerned, eh? :yawn: But hey, I can still access the internet so I'm good. :D

Speaking of which, our home internet access is still hit or miss even though Mr. Computer Whiz worked on it for hours last night. Grumble. :mad: Something wrong with it. Strange too because he can get it to work and then I try and blam! Must be my vibes???

BTW, it's the apocolypse!! It's the end of the world as we know it!! It's snowing in h*ll!!! The old *itch gave me flowers and a card this morning!!! :fr: Actually, I'm sure it was her little secretary's idea (they were from both of them) but still..... Very strange. Everyone who sees them asks who they're from and can't believe my answer when I tell them! :shrug:

Faye, thanks for the book title. Have some last minute "supplies" to buy this weekend. I'll add that to the list, I think.

Tiger, lure those little elf guys out of the cabinets onto the counter and then :rollpin: !!!! :lol: BTW, thanks for the opportunity to use that new smilie!!

Talked to my friend who was laid off this morning. She sounds good and has decided to make the best of this. Changed the kids' daycare to part time instead of full time and they're going to spend some time just hanging by the pool and stuff. I'm not insanely jealous! Yeah, I'll be doing that too soon (I hope!) but look what I have to go through first! Not fair, I tell you. But she and I are going to meet up for lunch one day once I'm feeling better.

Well, I'm sure I'll find something in this mess that I can at least get started on so I guess I'd better get going. Don't want to have to stay too late. Bunch of errands to run tonight and I never did get those darned hockey sticks wrapped last night. Party's tomorrow and I told my sister I'd bring the fresh fruit salad. Still have to buy the fruit and then start slicing and dicing. Jello in the kitchen is not a pretty thing.

Later!

QuilterInVA
07-25-2003, 12:29 PM
Quick, hi! The boss is on a rampage and if that isn't enough, I have to go over to his house this afternoon and help his daughter upload a paper to her professor though a program called Night Kitchen which doesn't accept Word files. Has to be done by midnight and she is not very good with computers.

At least the sun is shinning, I OP and life is good!

Jello
07-25-2003, 03:42 PM
Only 2-1/2 hours to go and Jello's stress level is up up and away!! :( People keep stopping by to wish me luck and say goodbye. I've got flowers and plants and cards galore. This is all becoming a little too real .... :stress:

Been invited to go out after work with some coworkers but just don't know if I'll find the time. Maybe if I shuffle this and juggle that. I hate having to run around on all the little errands.

OK, done whining. Sorry. It's nice to know they care anyway. Well, except the old *itch. Still haven't figured that one out yet!

Gotta run. Another fax machine crisis.... :rolleyes:

Cafe976
07-25-2003, 04:37 PM
Quiet Friday here on the forum! I'm hoping that, after a weekend, I will be organized and ready to rock and roll on my diet plan. Meanwhile I'm working hard to try to clear the desk so I can have a fresher start next week.

And now I let myself get distracted from finishing my post for almost an hour - so y'all have a great weekend!

Cafe976
07-25-2003, 04:38 PM
Jello - don't let stress get the best of you! :goodvibes:

Tigerlily
07-25-2003, 05:17 PM
It's so pathetic, but getting groceries with the kids kicks my butt. I need a nap.:p

Jello, don't stress! And don't try to do too much. :angel:

This weekend, we have a family/friend gathering at my parents house. I'm taking cantalope and watermelon.:D I'll be trying NOT to get hit by a golfcart this time.:dizzy:

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

DNW
07-26-2003, 05:38 PM
Hi All:

Very busy week at work and have beed staying on program for the better part so I have inched my way down to 255.5. Promise to start exercising again Monday to my Leslie Sansome tapes. That is if I don't turn my ankle over again for the third time. How bizzare...I have never done that to my ankle in my life and then 2 times in 4 weeks...am I an idiot or what?????????

Jello: Been thinking you all weekend...hope you got lots of good drugs for post-op!!!!!!!!!!

Love and Smoochies to the rest of you!!! :grouphug:

Jello
07-26-2003, 08:54 PM
Just back from a picnic/party at my sister's house. Picture a picnic table collapsing under the weight of tons of food including a full sheet cake and 5 different flavors of ice cream. Help!!!

The only good news is that I probably won't eat again for days!!

Took my mind off "stuff" for a while anyway.... :^:

Darn low battery message just came up on my laptop. Gotta go recharge. Later!

gma22
07-28-2003, 10:11 AM
Looks like we were totally quiet over the weekend! Everyone is busy I guess!

Jello: We are all really thinking and praying hard for you now! You are going to come through this fine and then feel a whole lot better!

Looks like I get the dgs on Friday so I am gonna have to rest up! lol My sil is coming over this weekend and trim my branches on my tree, which should be interesting. They really need to be done, but he is not a professional so I may end up with a tree that looks nutty, but oh well, it is FREE!

It was quiet around here this weekend. We just hung out at the house. I have been reading up a storm and finished another book that was really funny. Has anyone ever read anything by Janet Evanovich? I like Olivia Goldsmith too. She wrote the First Wives Club that they made the movie about. I have read several of her books and they are hilarious.

Just wanted to check in so I am going to go and make the bed and get ready to go to the pool. I am having lunch with dd today which is always fun.....

Faye

Tigerlily
07-28-2003, 11:04 AM
Hello Everyone!
I'm still maintaining. I made wrong choices over the weekend, but didn't go hog wild.:ink: I'm gearing up for the kids return to school Aug 18th. First grade for my youngest. All day school!! For me, that means exercise in the mornings and eat'n what I want during the day w/o being influenced. And, grocery shopping w/o the kids! No more begging for junk! I'm really hoping this change in my rountine is going to give me the boost I need.

I saw the Atkins journal for sale at Meijer...almost bought it. :^: There's something appealing about having an organized journal. Wondering if I should give it a 2nd try...

The family gathering was nice even though it rained. Cooked on the grill in the garage and kids played outside with huge golf umbrellas. Got Dad a couple ND shirts and a frame filled with pics of my boys for his bday. The pics were sepia prints. Everyone thought they were really cool. :smug:

DNW, glad you are back on track. Sorry about your ankle. I used to twist mine all the time. No fun. Haven't done it in a long time. *knock on wood*

I'm way behind this morning. After 9am and I haven't made beds yet. Bad maid. :rollpin: Bad.

Cafe976
07-28-2003, 12:30 PM
Happy Monday, Everyone!

Ya know, when I come back to my work and my routine on Mondays I always wonder which one is really the twilight zone - the weekends or the weekdays?? Somehow, ne'er the twain shall meet. I always feel like one or the other is not real on Mondays because ???

Anyway - Congrats to DNW on the loss! Atta girl - slow & steady wins the race.

Faye - I *have* read Janet Evanovich - did you get your hands on her new hardcover? I agree she's hilarious - laugh out loud funny. I read all 8 books one right after another last summer around the time I was helping my sister move west. I like mysteries but I do not like a lot of sex or gore mixed in there so I usually stick with historical "period" mystery authors like Anne Perry, Bruce Alexander, Lindsey Davis... Good books that engage me without challenging my morals, LOL.

Jello - sounds like a silly movie - picnic table busting. :lol: Nice to see you're up and running @ home.

Tig - hooray for school! My sis couldn't take the grocery store scene either - opted for online grocery order/deliver service and said it was not more expensive? But you probably don't have that where you're at, yet... (sorry).

Gotta run, I'm slow starting this a.m. but now I need to complete some actual work.

QuilterInVA
07-28-2003, 01:53 PM
Jello - You're in my thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery.

Gma2One - If you like funny books, try "Standing in the Rainbow" by Fannie Flag - great reading. She's the one that did "Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Cafe." I also like the Joan Hess mysteries - they are funny, too.

Boss leaves for Madrid tomorrow - another 2 weeks of vacation for him and long days for me. I told him when he gets back, it's my turn and don't call me once while I'm off.

gma22
07-28-2003, 04:03 PM
Cafe: I just finished To the Nines and the diet stuff with Lula put me over the edge. I guess if YOU are one of the people on Atkins maybe you wouldn't find it so funny, but her having bbq'd pork chops in her handbag....:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I read a huge variety of stuff, but like legal thrillers, detective stuff and Patricia Cornwell's books Kay Scarpetta but to be honest, her last couple haven't been up to par. The one set of books I cannot read is the Chirstian series written by Tim Lahaye. I have family that I know will be left behind and I just can't read books about it. One of the most wonderful books if you can find it (be prepared to sob though!) is a very old one but you should be able to get at a christian book store and that is Francena Arnold's Not My Will. I read it the first time in high school and have since read it probably 10 times and I never read a book over, but I have it on my book shelf and every once in awhile will pull it out and read it again.

Tiger: Awww, your baby is going to all day school this fall? I remember mine going like it was yesterday. Boohooed every day for a week.

Q: Thanks for the book ideas. I will have to look into them. I have read a couple of "Christian" authors that are very very funny too. I can't for the life of me remember her name though.

Did you guys see that Bob Hope passed away of pneumonia this morning. There are few left from my era of growing up and it sure makes me feel old!

Have a great afternoon

Faye

Jello
07-28-2003, 06:02 PM
Ok, real quick. Had pre-surgery testing at hospital today. All good to go. Very nice people so far.

Have to be at hospital at ... get this... 5:15AM. Remember, it's over 50 miles away. Augh!! :yikes:

Surgery starts at 7:40 and I hope to be well-drugged by then. If stress were electricity, I could light up the entire state of PA and parts of Jersey!!!

Thanks for all the good wishes. I probably won't be back here until I get home from the hospital on Fri or Sat ... Sun? Mon? Whatever. Think of me and send good vibes???? :goodvibes: :?:

Oh I gotta go back my bag.....

:stress: !!!!!

Jello
07-29-2003, 04:10 AM
It's dark and cool and peaceful outside. Normally I would love a night like this but I'm scared. :( Leaving for the hospital in half an hour or so.

Guess it's good in some ways. Haven't eaten since about 7:00 last night. Great new diet??? :^: Not! Know what my dinner was? An ice cream sundae from the Dairy Queen. Yeah, and I don't feel at all guilty. I wanted it. I NEEDED it.

Gotta go wake Rich and make sure all my ducks are in a row. Be thinking of me??? I'll be sure to check in once I'm home at the end of the week.

All together now. :grouphug:

Love you guys!

QuilterInVA
07-29-2003, 09:13 AM
Jello, sending prayers your way for a successful surgery and speedy recovery. Can't wait for you to get back home and start posting again.

SEMO
07-29-2003, 10:33 AM
Jello, I've already said my prayer for you and I'm sending a truck load of good vibes your way. :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes Wished you had given us an address, would have sent you lots of get well cards. (((Jello))) You'll be :dance: a jig in no time.

Good Morning to the rest of you, nothing much to report. DH and I haven't made a decision on vacation yet. I'm ready to get out of town tho. DS is going back to St Louis and riding with a salesman from one place that he inviewed, then he is to go back to the office to disscuss the position.

Wt still the same, been doing body flex and Life Lift tapes (very much like BF) Sounds impossible for this to work but overall I've lost 11 inches in about a month, just by stretching and breathing. Hey, it works for me! :doh:

Well back to work for me. Have a great day.

Tigerlily
07-29-2003, 11:20 AM
Good Morning Ladies,
Hair Cuts tomorrow! I don't know who is looking more shaggy, me or my boys. :^: I was trying to let my hair grow out. Not feeling the vibe right now. :p
Today is mowing. Fresh air and sunshine...trying to look at the positive. Gotta get it done since I'll be gone tomorrow. It'll take all day for hair cuts. Getting the boys ready to go, drive to nearby town, cuts/colors, drive home, BOOM...time to fix supper. And, there's something about cut/color that makes me want a nap. Everything makes me want a nap. :o But I never actually take one. I've got the babbles this morning. Too much coffee:hyper:

Semo, 11 inches!:dancer: Do you measure yourself? I never feel like I'm doing it right. Make me want a nap. :lol:

Faye, I will not be boo-hoo'n when youngest starts 1st grade.:foot: I've been carting him back/forth through 2 years of preschool and then kindergarten. Chopped up days and taxi service, time to move on. :yes:

Jello, sure hope everything went great this morning and you are resting comfortably.:sssh: Jello is resting.

Gotta motivate!

sassysus
07-29-2003, 11:54 AM
Jello: Hope everything went well, you are in my thoughts, you should still be in lala land right about now i think! Take your time with your recovery and you'll be much happier for it in the end!:sssh:

I started running last week and last night I did 2.5 km!:strong: I am hoping to get up to 5 km by September, so that I can do the Terry Fox Run:crossed: I have finally realized that 'runners high " that i had heard about!!

Semo: great job on the inches lost!!:cp:

Have a great day everyone!!

Tigerlily
07-29-2003, 12:47 PM
http://photos.yahoo.com/catgrass2002

I added four new photos....sepia prints of the kids, baseball boy and our new pond tenant.
Can't believe how little my kids look in last years back to school photos. Will have to take same photos again this year to compare.

sassy, You go girl! I tried running about 6 years ago. Got up to 3 miles. I enjoyed it, but my knees did not.

kids need me...

DNW
07-29-2003, 02:34 PM
Jello: Thinking about you and sending you warm wishes and peaceful days and nights free of pain.

Tig: Your kids are too cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Sassy: You go girl

Cafe, gma2one, huntress, and quilter: Many smooches!!

Still watching the calories...gotta do it this time!!

SEMO
07-29-2003, 03:22 PM
Tig, great pictures, THAT HAIR! Cracks me up. He reminds me of my oldest son, when he was that age. He had to have a perm! You ask if I measure myself, and yes I do. I'm doing my best to measure in the same spot and not pull tight, just snug. I don't know how it works but it has. So are you going to look for a job when your little one starts school? I hope you don't have to, it seems a household runs so much better when mom's home.

Sassy, congrats on running! Not for me, too old to put my body thru the pounding. How'd it go getting the stiches out?

DNW, did your company ever come back with an offer on the other job?

Hey to everyone, just popped in for a sec.

Cafe976
07-29-2003, 03:39 PM
Hello ladies -

OK Faye, you got me, I'll have to get 'to the nines' from my library now. JE is one funny lady, that's for sure.

Jello :goodvibes:

SEMO - going to google right this second - Body Flex and Life Lift. Congrats on the inches lost!!!

Sassy - yay for you! Running is amazing - for me the first time I ever ran a whole mile without stopping was just magical. I'm too fat now, but someday!

Tig - those pics are great! But why do I want to take a nap? :?:

Quilter, DNW - Nice to see ya both!

I had a frustrating morning working, trying to gather up stuff for someone and wouldn't you know IS had purged a bunch of "junk" off the server which I needed? Grrr.

OTOH, I'm feeling pretty good today and am now on to a less frustrating task, drinking my diet Pepsi...

TTFN~

gma22
07-29-2003, 04:32 PM
Jello: I was slow on the draw this morning for prayers and know that the others held you up so you will get some bigtime recovery prayers from me! Hope you feel tip top soon!

Tig: Your kids are sooooo cute. I love the sepia prints and the youngest one is a terrific print!

Our dsl is out again and I am not computer savvy enough to talk to one of those dopes on the help desk so dh will have to do it. We have cable so it is just the internet stuff.

Cafe: You will love the book and laugh all the way through. I am reading Margolin's new book and it is pretty good.

Well ladies, I am on AOL and don't want to tie up my phone line for too long so ttfn!

Faye

Tigerlily
07-30-2003, 08:35 AM
Good Morning. Insomnia attack last night. :sp: Hate it when that happens.

Cafe, I was making fun of myself...seems everything lately makes me want to take a nap. Grocery shopping with the kids, too much fresh air, haircuts/color, trying to measure myself. :doh:

Semo, I'm not sure if I'm going to "real work". DH said last night that he definately wants me to wait a couple months. He'd like me to start meeting him at lunch a couple times a week. :cheers:
And, there are some projects around the house that will be much easier to finish up w/o the kids under foot. It's going to seem so strange, me...alone in the house. :bubbles:

Faye, how's the dsl? I'll be going to Laporte today for the haircuts. Seems silly driving half'n hour for haircuts, but a highschool friend own's two salons over there.

I actually saw 'to the nines' advertise on tv this morning. Right now I'm trying to read The Posionwood Bible. It was an Oprah bookclub selection. I've just been too busy to actually "get into it".

So far today, I've only had my coffee. I better go fix something before I attack whatever I can get my hands on. Coffee makes me crave junk. I really need to quit drinking it.

Cafe976
07-30-2003, 10:33 AM
Faye - hope your dsl gets better soon. :(

Tiger, I was just teasing you, too. But I DID want a nap yesterday. Sorry to hear you were awake during the night. I've been wondering if I should quit coffee too. But I love it so!

Well it's hump day - life is good. Can't believe July is almost over, we've crossed the hump of the year, too. I've been doing well in several of my "goal" areas (although the only TRUE goal I've let myself acknowledge for this year is LIFE BALANCE) but WL has been a stagnant area. I'm taking a lot better care of myself in lots of ways, but I need to get over that hump and start seriously losing.

I'm REALLY going to start visualizing a February or March tropical beach vacation. [Believe me, by that time of year I will need it and I know from the past I'd do almost anything to make it happen.] I'm thinking that this is something I can really lean into for the second half of 2003 to spur me on... and as the days get colder and I want to eat more hopefully it will have the effect of helping me STAY on track because the evidence that the time is shorter will be all around me?

Cafe~ done with fooling around and working to muster motivation for the long haul.

QuilterInVA
07-30-2003, 11:23 AM
Good morning, ladies. Hope all is well with you and sending more prayers Jello's way.

Boss left for yet another vacation yesterday - 10 days in Madrid and Seville Spain and surrounding areas. We are going to have to have a chat when he gets back - I've only been able to take 3 DAYS of vacation this year - I have enough vacation and personal days left to work 4 day weeks the rest of the year and I know he won't let me. Then he wonders why I get so stressed out here - he's gone all the time and I have to run around doing his job, mine and his personal stuff as well. If I weren't so close to retirement, I'd look for another job but where would I get another job in this little area at 62? Don't want to work for the tourist stuff and there isn't much else but military and convenience stores. I had 3 days scheduled in June - actually scheduled them 60 days before - so I could go with my friends on our annual expedition to the quilt shops in PA - had to cancel because he decided to go to the Corvette 50th anniversary and a new person he hired wanted that week off...after all, I've only put up with him for 11 years. Well, Thanks for Letting Me Rant and Vent ... I feel better now!

SEMO
07-30-2003, 12:48 PM
Ahhh Susie ((((Quilter)))) you know what, he can only take advantage of you if you allow it. I know I'm a fine one to talk, but when you get enough it's time to REBEL!!! Just make it known that you are taking a vacation and go, then screen you're calls while you are out and enjoy yourself. He sure isn't being fair to you when he lets the new person off after you had your time off already planned.

Hi to everyone, I'm just sort of plugging along, I absolutly do not want to be here today. I would sooooooooooo love to retire or just be able to quit. This year has taken a lot out of me, guess I'm feeling the stress of not having any time off. Let's see, we had Jan 1st, and July 4th off so far this year. They give us our holidays in Nov & Dec. so it won't cause them to lose any business! Not counting all the weekends that I've worked too, man do I need a vacation. Told DH, that we would just get in the car and drive until we wanted to stop, didn't care if we just stayed in the motel room as long as I didn't have to cook, clean or answer the phone.

LET'S JUST MAKE THIS GRIPE DAY FOR ALL OF OUR JOBS! :hot: :bomb: (Quilter, I'm making light of your situation.)

See you girls later........

QuilterInVA
07-30-2003, 01:10 PM
It's okay - I just have to gripe to somebody occasionally and then I go on with the day. I realize I am going to have to speak up for myself and then I know just what he'll say - "Well, you know I just rely on you for everything - why don't you take an extra day off soon." This when I can't get what's already owing. But I'm going to surprise him and actually do it. And go away - and I'm not leaving a phone number where I can be reached - which he always makes me do.

What I'd really like to do is go to a spa and be pampered and cared for and starved for a week...in seclusion!

Tigerlily
07-30-2003, 01:21 PM
Gripe Day! My kids are driving me insane! Fighting and picking on each other. Yelling at each other...then the dog thinks she has to join in...yelping. All this and we haven't even left for haircuts yet....riding in the car with kids. :bomb: At least the dog isn't coming with us. :p

QuilterInVA
07-30-2003, 02:08 PM
I know declare the last Wednesday of every month - GRIPE DAY! That way we'll know relief is on the way! Anyone know where I can get a really, really big bottle of Excedrin? Many years ago when I was a young thing, Excedrin ran a series of commerical - for example "Excedrin Headache #31 - the kids and screaming and fighting and the dog is yelping" "Excedrin Headache #75, your Mother-in-Law just announced she is coming to stay for 2 weeks!" Ah, for the good old days!

SEMO
07-30-2003, 02:33 PM
We've Got Quilter Back!!! Glad to see that you're back to your old self again. ;)

Guess I'd better get some things off my chest if I have to wait an entire month to do this again! :devil: No, I think I pretty much did that earlier! Ha

I'll be the :genie: and give Quilter extra days off without interuptions from anyone! And a pamper day.

Tig you get a quite ride to the hairdressers with quite kids :wizard: or a giant roll of duck tape. And your pamper day will be getting here as soon as school starts. Take the first one for just you.

I feel silly today, can you tell?

sassysus
07-30-2003, 11:45 PM
Good evening!!

I just got back from my run(3km tonight!) and i feel so energetic!

Semo: thanks for the pm on the breathing, it sounds very interesting and I may give it a try!

Quilter/Tiger: you both need a BREAK by the sounds of things!!
I think your boss(quilter )needs a reality check! And Tiger I totally know how the kids can drive you:fr::dizzy: :mad: ! I have 3 - 9, 7, and my little man just turned 2 last week!!

Hope you all have a better day tomorrow:^: !

Jello: hope you are resting and being a good patient- you'll be :dancer: before you know it!:D

(these smilies are just TOO fun!)

QuilterInVA
07-31-2003, 09:31 AM
Good morning, ladies! Looks like yet another rainy day. Last summer we were having a drought and this year it's rain every day. Both keep the tourists away so that is not good for many businesses in our area.

Doing okay with my food plan. Been reading the South Beach Diet book and what the dietician has me on is about that. Wow...I was a South Beacher and didn't even know it! It does work well for me so I don't care what they call it.

Faye, you have to excuse me but I finally noticed your stats - WAY TO GO, GIRL! You are doing great and I have no doubt you'll reach your goal.

Wonder how Jello is doing. Hope the drugs are keeping her pain free and she's back with us soon.

Have to get to work - tenants moving in and out today, rent is due tomorrow so I'll be getting checks today. This is the sideline to my real job with our normal company, the one I was hired to do, managing Information Technology and network and database administration.

Have a good day - Tiger, don't forget to take the duct tape off the kids mouth!

Tigerlily
07-31-2003, 10:29 AM
Make me a Tshirt! I survived haircuts and colors with 2 boys! Isn't something wrong with that picture...I always imagined boys and DAD going to the barber.:shrug:
I was trying to grow my hair out. was. DH said it looked nice, so that's all that matters.:) I also got a couple "foils" to touch up my color. Youngest son only got a cut, but his tips are still blonde and oldest got color...pulled threw a cap...youngest laughed at him the whole time. :lol:

Sass, my boys are 11 and 6. The youngest is my nightmare right now. I have faith he will out grow it. Great job running! I wish I could have kept up with it. Do you run outside or treadmill?

I think I might take my boys to the State Park today for a swim and hike if the rain the weatherman promises doesn't move in too soon. Silly me, making plans with the kids. :stars:

Cafe976
07-31-2003, 12:31 PM
Morning all -

DH turned the alarm off today and I gradually woke up thinking it was Friday. My first words of the day were Oh Darn! when I realized it wasn't. Still, got to work almost on time and all.

Hmm, I missed Gripe day I guess I'll have to wait a month. :hyper:

Not too much to say today - this week has been very NORMAL with nothing scheduled and no unsual activities - I'm enjoying it! Usually there is always something to change the spin a little.

So... I guess I'll run away and try to finish all my work before lunchtime today. :devil:

Cafe976
07-31-2003, 12:47 PM
Damn! The old *itch (not to be confused with Jello's old *itch) beat me to the punch and she's leaving early today.

When is the next gripe day?

OK - I need to strive to be the better person here.

Cafe ~ working on embracing the ZEN of working with an annoying underperformer who snatches up any perk faster than you can say 'grab' ... once again...

P.S. On the brighter side, all of a sudden it looks like rain outside. :s:

QuilterInVA
07-31-2003, 02:05 PM
Sorry you missed Gripe Day, Cafe but to have it more than once a month would mean we didn't have so many grievances that have piled up to really make us ANGRY - underpaid and underappreciated!

SEMO
07-31-2003, 03:03 PM
Hi Ya'll, my motivation isn't showing any improvement from yesterday. Just sort of trying to do things to look busy and not do the things that REALLY need doing. Put all my water bottles in the freezer this morning and forgot to take them out. Sooooo I'm setting here getting little tiny sips as it melts. It's like licking an ice cube when you're dieing for a drink of water. :sp: Why don't I go to the water fountain, you ask........ the thing has only been cleaned once in the 3 1/2 years that I've been here and that was by me about two years ago. NASTY!!! And my boss is on the health department board! ;)

Welllllllllll, guess I'll try to muster up some get up and go and do something constructive.

TaTa.

Jello, hope you're feeling better already! Report back to us ASA you can. :grouphug:

Tigerlily
08-01-2003, 10:28 AM
Friday:cb:
17 Days until school starts! la, lala, lala :dance:
Beach yesterday was nice. Weather was perfect, rain never even peaked out. Stupid weatherman. The beach wasn't crowded, so it was easy to watch the kids. And, there weren't any super models hanging around to make me feel hidious. Mostly Mom's with real bodies and a few teens. Teens, by the way, who were quite chubby. I don't remember there being so many overweight teens when I was young. It really is an epidemic.

Semo, I have visual of you licking condinsation from the water bottle trying to quinch your thirst.

Cafe, sounds like you need to borrow Jello's voodoo doll. :devil: I'll collect some fresh toads eye and poop de' pup while I'm mowing today.

Groceries again today. How's anyone else do it...buy what you are SUPPOSE to buy...get home without the JUNK?
*give me strength*

Cafe976
08-01-2003, 10:48 AM
Morning, all... TGIF!

Tig, one thing I've tried is that if I want to buy something junky I have to MAKE it. Like I won't buy cookies but I'll buy chocolate chips - and then they'll sit in the cupboard for a month or more because I never want them bad enough to make cookie dough. Eventually, DH eats the chips out of the bag, LOL.

It makes it harder to impulse eat? Also, if I know what I'm going to cook each day it is easier not to toss things in because 1) I have a list and 2) I don't worry about forgetting anything, thus the desire to trow something additional in "just in case" we need something to snack on is eliminated.

Overall, though, DH grew up in a strict house with many kids on a budget - so seeing junk in the cart is foreign to him. We don't need that! kind of thing, LOL. So I'm blessed by him, he isn't trying to ADD anything... most of the time... and then he'll put something really wicked like Ben & Jerry's in there...

I guess I've got SEMO syndrome too this week, hee hee. I've really had to force myself to go to each item on my task list. Soooo easy to waste time instead.

Poor DH, neither of us wanted to wake up this a.m. and once I got up I'm afraid I was a little too playful, poking at him etc. and he got annoyed. :devil:

A lazy day in Cafe land - - no bosses in sight.

{{quilter}} you looked like you still needed a hug. :)

Tigerlily
08-01-2003, 10:54 AM
Sorry to say, I'd be the one to eat the chips out of the bag. :s:

SEMO
08-01-2003, 11:39 AM
It's Friday, it's Friday, and I'm ready to go home....

Raining here, trying to stay out of my work programs...heehee...because I don't want to lose anything...heehee. Well whatever works! :devil:

Tig, I so try not to buy junk, but DH and DS want chips and stuff. So what I do is buy the little 30 cent packages. At least if I get into them I'll stop with a small amount.

Cafe, let's buy lottery tickets today! That would be my only way to get to retire! ;)

Faye, hope you get your 'puter operating soon.

Quilter, take some kick back time and join in.

Bright, how was the trip to Memphis?

Huntress, it's been too long since you posted.

DNW, 'come on, we need to hear from you too!

Sassy, do you work outside of the home? And how's the hand?

Gotta get some bills paid, anyone find my funnys in their PM box?

Bye for now.

Cafe976
08-01-2003, 03:21 PM
SEMO - I loved your funnies. =)

Tig - I understand the chocolate chips out of the bag, but only if there is an equal and coexisting amount of baker's coconut in another bag. All or nothing.

DH came and took me out to lunch. :)

Only 4 hours to go. (can you hear the sound of fingers drumming?) I have all self-directed tasks with no deadlines left on my list. Can you tell I want to dive in? (not)

sassysus
08-01-2003, 03:33 PM
Good Friday!

Semo: I do work full time-not back to work till the 25th of August when my hands will hopefully be ready to go back to work! I work at Honda -on the assembly line manufacturing cars. My hands are pretty good-the last one i got done is still sore and swollen, but its still an improvement!;)

Can't remember who asked if i run indoors on a treadmill or outside(i'm too lazy to look back right now!, but I run outdoors-I live in a large subdivision and there are lots of streets -I try to go a different way each time, and then I clock it to see how many kms it was.

Jello: hope your recouperation is coming along nicely!Just sit and enjoy the:cool:

Have a great weekend everyone!!

QuilterInVA
08-01-2003, 05:08 PM
Feeling good today - things always go better when HE is gone. Have pizza lock-in at the quilt shop tonight so have steeled myself to 1 piece - taking a big salad to fill me up. We'll sew and quilt until midnight and have fun gossiping.

Ad for the grocery shopping, I do not go down the snack aisle at all. If I did, the stuff would jump off the shelf and into my cart and I can't take the chance. I also avoid the cookie aisle. My husband is entrusted with keeping the popcorn supply up. He knows he can have whatever he wants - but it can't be left where I can find it. Fortunately, he's not one for snacks - no he wants cake and pie. Actually made him a blueberry pie last weekend. I've gotten over the pie and cake thing and can leave them alone. I love salt more than sweet.

brighterdays
08-02-2003, 10:40 AM
Hey all,

Just poppin' in to say Hi. Memphis trip was really nice...thanks for all the information.

Jello: hope you're doing well---I'm sure you are---we women are made of more than sugar and spice!

Don't have much to report on except I haven't renewed for WW---I've been at the same weight for about 2 mos. now and I'm needing to start something new to jump off this plateau!:dizzy: I've got some ideas but all my information has not arrived yet so I'll fill you in when I know something. WW is a great plan and I'll probably use what I've learned, together with my new plan, to get past this stubborn point.

Take care,

Bright:D