Ideal Protein Diet - Home of the 100% (NO CHEAT ZONE) Volume 28

Pages : [1] 2 3

lisa32989
10-30-2013, 04:16 PM
Hi all. We reached 500 posts on the last thread.
Here is a link to it http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/288114-home-100-no-cheat-zone-volume-27-a.html

Ruth Ann
10-30-2013, 05:18 PM
I love seeing new volumes of this thread!

Had a big surprise - wasn't going to weigh in this week but my coach had time when I went to pick up stuff and over the last two weeks I have lost 3 lbs! I was aiming for just maintaining my weight through the tests and surgery so it was a big surprise that I lost. Didn't lose any inches in my abdomen but it's still pretty swollen from the surgery - I suspect it will go down too once I finish healing.

CrystalWolf
10-30-2013, 05:43 PM
I love seeing new volumes of this thread!

Had a big surprise - wasn't going to weigh in this week but my coach had time when I went to pick up stuff and over the last two weeks I have lost 3 lbs! I was aiming for just maintaining my weight through the tests and surgery so it was a big surprise that I lost. Didn't lose any inches in my abdomen but it's still pretty swollen from the surgery - I suspect it will go down too once I finish healing.

Awesome news Ruth Ann! Yippie!!!!!!:carrot:

dak1lls
10-30-2013, 05:50 PM
What a nice surprise for you Ruth Ann! So happy you are healing and on track. :carrot:

Ruth Ann
10-30-2013, 05:53 PM
Thanks Crystal - I can't tell you how surprised I was!

That said, my biggest problem is actually remembering to eat everything right now. I'm just not hungry much - I suspect all the antibiotics, etc. have something to do with that along with the minor work they had to do on my stomach (besides repairing the hernia). I actually set reminders on my phone to help me out.

Chinookgirl
10-30-2013, 05:54 PM
Hi Just thought I would check in and see how everyone was doing!

IdealProteinNewbie
10-30-2013, 07:56 PM
Congrats Ruth Ann! That's great!

sonolady
10-30-2013, 08:12 PM
Hello all............ its Hump Day!!! what a horrible day at work today, right from the first patient of the day. ughhhhh so glad its over. Just had a big spinach salad with Quorn chix nuggets. Getting ready for theRed Sox I never watch sports but it seems I have seen more innings of base ball the last few thanweeks I ever have other my sons playing.

lighthouse101
10-30-2013, 08:22 PM
Hello all............ its Hump Day!!! what a horrible day at work today, right from the first patient of the day. ughhhhh so glad its over. Just had a big spinach salad with Quorn chix nuggets. Getting ready for theRed Sox I never watch sports but it seems I have seen more innings of base ball the last few thanweeks I ever have other my sons playing.

Mmmm, I miss Quorn! Will look forward to it in maintenance - man, does tofu and eggs get old after a while, even preparing it different ways! I look forward to adding some variety back in.

sonolady
10-30-2013, 08:30 PM
lighthouse101 oh don't I know it. The Morningstar products are ok, Litelife Smartdogs, Gardein, some of them. I have a few more days of P2 moving on to P3 this weekend. The scale / my body just doesnt want to give up those last 2 lbs. I am actually where I wanted to be but thought I should lose a couple more to gain back when I phase off. If I need to after the holidays I'll revisit P1 but I am NOT planning on it.

Ruth Ann
10-30-2013, 11:27 PM
Congrats Ruth Ann! That's great!

Thanks IPN!

lighthouse101 oh don't I know it. The Morningstar products are ok, Litelife Smartdogs, Gardein, some of them. I have a few more days of P2 moving on to P3 this weekend. The scale / my body just doesnt want to give up those last 2 lbs. I am actually where I wanted to be but thought I should lose a couple more to gain back when I phase off. If I need to after the holidays I'll revisit P1 but I am NOT planning on it.

I admire your determination! I want to be just like you when I get close to my goal!

lighthouse101
10-31-2013, 12:18 AM
Thanks IPN!

I admire your determination! I want to be just like you when I get close to my goal!

Ditto! My goal is 130 right now, but I am considering lowering it another 5 or so to account for the regain in maintenance. I guess I'll decide for sure once I get down there!

sonolady
10-31-2013, 07:00 AM
Ruth Ann thanks but there are many more of us doing it the IP way!

I admire those who have much more to lose, they have the determination!!!

Ruth Ann
10-31-2013, 09:13 AM
Ruth Ann thanks but there are many more of us doing it the IP way!

I admire those who have much more to lose, they have the determination!!!

Being able to hang in there and phase off properly is a huge accomplishment. Maybe I should have said I admire everyone who has the determination to see it through!

Stupid move of the week - for some reason dh picked up frozen spinach instead of fresh at the market. And for some reason I just didn't convert the measurements and cooked two cups of frozen spinach. That was ALOT of spinach. So then I had to do the conversion. I think I got it close. Note to self: specify on the list what kind of spinach you want!

airportchick11
10-31-2013, 09:55 AM
Third week WI complete success. My coach said there is only one other person besides me that she is currently working with that has stayed 100% OP. She said we both have amazing fat loss results. I told her the longer I'm OP, the quicker I get other stuff! :) I do not want to prolong Phase 1.

Have a great OP day!

emsmom97
10-31-2013, 12:16 PM
Third week WI complete success. My coach said there is only one other person besides me that she is currently working with that has stayed 100% OP. She said we both have amazing fat loss results. I told her the longer I'm OP, the quicker I get other stuff! :) I do not want to prolong Phase 1.

Have a great OP day!

It's amazing what happens when we stay 100% OP. I've also been 100% true to IP and the fat is dropping quickly. Last week I only lost 2.4 pounds but it was 100% fat loss. Doctor thought I might be retaining a bit of water to make up for the drop in fat, but it will come off again. It's kind of a placeholder until my body realizes it doesn't need to put something in place of the missing fat.

Well done!

lighthouse101
10-31-2013, 02:01 PM
It's amazing what happens when we stay 100% OP. I've also been 100% true to IP and the fat is dropping quickly. Last week I only lost 2.4 pounds but it was 100% fat loss. Doctor thought I might be retaining a bit of water to make up for the drop in fat, but it will come off again. It's kind of a placeholder until my body realizes it doesn't need to put something in place of the missing fat.

Well done!

Yes, it is amazing! I love watching that body fat percentage dropping every week. I still have a ways to go to get in the healthy range, but it's definitely going in the right direction with this protocol.

Ruth Ann
10-31-2013, 04:16 PM

Have a great OP day!

Yah for you! :carrot::carrot: I totally agree with not wanting to prolong P1 - I want to get this weight off as fast as I can. I really think of it as "maintenance training" since I'm learning so much about food, nutrition, my own triggers and hang ups, etc.

Well done!

"Only" is a four letter word! 2.4 lbs is fantastic! Hooray! Sometimes the body needs a little while to catch up to the weight drop - I was upset the first time the scale showed a 0 loss until I realized that I'd already dropped 5 pant sizes and it was probably a "catch up" week for my body.

Yes, it is amazing! I love watching that body fat percentage dropping every week. I still have a ways to go to get in the healthy range, but it's definitely going in the right direction with this protocol.

I don't get the body fat % done every week (it costs extra) but about every 6-8 weeks I check - isn't it amazing?

Snarfler
10-31-2013, 04:31 PM
Lighthouse101,

I don't know if this helps with your tofu/egg problem, but the owner of the clinic I go to gave me this...

I hope it helps!!

lighthouse101
10-31-2013, 07:40 PM
Lighthouse101,

I don't know if this helps with your tofu/egg problem, but the owner of the clinic I go to gave me this...

I hope it helps!!

Thanks! It's nice to see some of the options laid out like that. Many of the other meat substitutes are just way too high in carbs, especially once I add enough servings to get to 8oz, but maybe combining them with eggs or egg whites might be enough to vary it up a bit. Great info!

lisa32989
11-01-2013, 08:20 AM
I've been reading and a quote from one of my favorite philosophers came to mind. I decided to post it where it will be appreciated:

Try not. Do or do not. There is no try. -Yoda

vachinyc
11-01-2013, 08:32 AM
I've been reading and a quote from one of my favorite philosophers came to mind. I decided to post it where it will be appreciated:

Try not. Do or do not. There is no try. -Yoda

Love it! I actually have had this quote come to mind more than once during this IP journey.

Yoda rocks :)

Ruth Ann
11-01-2013, 09:34 AM
I've had Yoda in my head frequently during my time on IP too! Funny.

Aydubs
11-01-2013, 10:02 AM
Is it cheating if I have real organic eggs (one whole and 2-3 whites, maybe) instead of the powder IP eggs? Real eggs are better (and healthier, I bet!) What do you guys think?

65X65
11-01-2013, 10:36 AM
Is it cheating if I have real organic eggs (one whole and 2-3 whites, maybe) instead of the powder IP eggs? Real eggs are better (and healthier, I bet!) What do you guys think?

IP has a formula for what is "legal" in using eggs as your animal protein for the day. That amount is higher...However, I did do this by recreating the grams of protein fat and calories of a packet as as you suggested.(Only used this substitution occasionally on Sundays because Sunday Breakfast...is a long standing tradition in our house.) I gagged on the IP version.

By keeping to 3 egg whites (total plus the 1 yolk)...you do nail that piece and it is the same as using an alternative product. If you add meat, cheese or anything other than some of the select veggies allowed for the day in an omelette...you are not using it as an alternative and it either becomes your animal protein meal of the day...or an out and out cheat.

Make sure you are clear on which you are doing. 3 Choices here:
Alternative
Main animal protein meal
cheat

Princess Peacock
11-01-2013, 12:37 PM

This is what I have been told (several times):

To substitute for IP packet - 1 whole egg plus 3 egg whites
To substitute for "meat protein meal" - 4 whole eggs plus 2 egg whites.

My other info, however, seems to vary on how many egg whites added to packets would count as "free" - some say one, others say two.

lisa32989
11-01-2013, 01:14 PM

My other info, however, seems to vary on how many egg whites added to packets would count as "free" - some say one, others say two.

This has been my info as well.
The 2 egg whites as "free" were when the p1 protocol said any other additions had to be 0 carbs/sugar/fat. IP has removed that line from the most recent IP protocol sheet so that is probably why you get varying answers. For most of my time on P1, two/day were considered freebies

ems70508
11-01-2013, 01:29 PM
What's yalls opinion on eggs? I love eating them as my real protein daily but don't want my cholesterol to go up. I currently do not have high cholesterol and I know that it's good cholesterol but I still don't want it to go up. I usually have them 3-4x week.

Tuscany123
11-01-2013, 01:37 PM
What's yalls opinion on eggs? I love eating them as my real protein daily but don't want my cholesterol to go up. I currently do not have high cholesterol and I know that it's good cholesterol but I still don't want it to go up. I usually have them 3-4x week.
Eggs have a bad rap. In my opinion they are one of natures perfect foods and do not impact cholesterol as much as previously thought. In addition the fat contact in an egg is essential to properly absorb the nutrients that are so dense in an egg. Throwing away the yolk means the nutrient balance in the egg is off, and the body can't take full advantage of even the nutrients left in the white because the natural fat content was in the yolk.

For this reason I choose to use two whole organic eggs as a replacement for a packet. If I can find a friend who has chickens who can provide me eggs even better!! This means, according to IP, I am not 100% OP, and as such probably should not be posting on this thread, but that is a choice I choose to make.

ems70508
11-01-2013, 01:39 PM
Eggs have a bad rap. In my opinion they are one of natures perfect foods and do not impact cholesterol as much as previously thought. In addition the fat contact in an egg is essential to properly absorb the nutrients that are so dense in an egg. Throwing away the yolk means the nutrient balance in the egg is off, and the body can't take full advantage of even the nutrients left in the white because the natural fat content was in the yolk.

For this reason I choose to use two whole organic eggs as a replacement for a packet. If I can find a friend who has chickens who can provide me eggs even better!! This means, according to IP, I am not 100% OP, and as such probably should not be posting on this thread, but that is a choice I choose to make.

Thank you for that info. It makes more sense if ya think about it! :smug: And while you are not 100% op because you are replacing a packet, I still appreciate all the info!

65X65
11-01-2013, 05:08 PM

The thinking with this is that 4 egg whites: 4 X6 = 24 g protein... that is high for 1 meal that is supposed to "mimic" an IP meal.... 3 total egg whites = 18 which is more in line. I always choose to err on the safe side when I use this as an alternative..

As we plod on through the protocol, our bodies do not forgive extra protein as quickly. The keto-adaption mechanism kicks in, and extra protein CAN be converted to fat oncer metabolism has adjusted. 1 more egg white is NOT going to make me feel fuller...and I don't know when that extra few grams of protein might be the tipping point in what is going on in my bloodstream on any given day.

It's individual...and a personal choice when the math is looked at.

EDIT: Just want to add it is probably so little it does not REALLY matter...I err on the cautious side because I'm so short...!

Ruth Ann
11-02-2013, 12:58 AM
65 - I always err on the side of caution too. I'm not as short as you are (actually 5'1 1/2 - almost) but still short enough so that extra weight really shows up.

My clinic sent me my starting pictures today - I just cringe when I see them. But I'm keeping them for motivation - I don't ever want to look like that again!

65X65
11-02-2013, 08:19 AM
65 - I always err on the side of caution too. I'm not as short as you are (actually 5'1 1/2 - almost) but still short enough so that extra weight really shows up.

My clinic sent me my starting pictures today - I just cringe when I see them. But I'm keeping them for motivation - I don't ever want to look like that again!

Caution will be the buzz word for me going forward...and you too! Good to know I have company!!

Have learned so much about my own quirky metabolism these months...and the book I just finished reading .."The art and science of low carbohydrate living" (Highly recommend this book because of the way these 2 authors explain the mechanisms of metabolic chemistry involved in losing AND maintaining) ... really clarified a lot of issues for me.

Reading the maintainers thread is also very helpful in seeing that literally no one is "fixed" after this. There is also a lot of interesting info on the over 50 thread in the main forum. Interesting to read what methods others use to maintain long term who were successful in losing by any method.

It is sobering and although we know this is, for the majority, a lifelong battle. I am seeing clearly it is the sum total of mostly little things everyday that make the difference in maintenance!

It's putting myself in an ongoing mindset of lifelong maintenance by remembrance of where I was and don't want to go back to that will matter the most. Also currently reading the Beck book, as so many have found that one helpful in establishing that mental place.

Ruth Ann
11-02-2013, 10:38 AM
Caution will be the buzz word for me going forward...and you too! Good to know I have company!!

Have learned so much about my own quirky metabolism these months...and the book I just finished reading .."The art and science of low carbohydrate living" (Highly recommend this book because of the way these 2 authors explain the mechanisms of metabolic chemistry involved in losing AND maintaining) ... really clarified a lot of issues for me.

It's putting myself in an ongoing mindset of lifelong maintenance by remembrance of where I was and don't want to go back to that will matter the most. Also currently reading the Beck book, as so many have found that one helpful in establishing that mental place.

I always wanted to be 5'8" but genetics just weren't on my side. Dh is nearly 6'3" and being tall carries it's own set of troubles!

I have that book on my list of ones to get - I've heard good reviews of it.

I truly try to think of P1 as maintenance training. I'm hoping by the time I get there I will have the tools to make the right choices forever. Now, if my body would just finish healing up I would be a happy camper!

IdealProteinNewbie
11-02-2013, 06:25 PM
I finally cleaned out my closet...95% is packed up and ready to be donated :D

IdealProteinNewbie
11-02-2013, 07:26 PM
PS- When I was cleaning out my closet I decided to try on some tops just for a pick-me-up. Most of them came down to my knees and looked like tents!

Really reinforced how far I've come even though I have a ways to go and the scale is not cooperating (waving to Lisa).

kelseys928
11-02-2013, 07:34 PM
just had to come in here and share, as everyone is aware my hometown red sox won the world series :) all my friends were going to the parade today then spending the day bar hopping. while i did entertain going and not drinking it then turned into maybe ill let myself have a couple drinks. after getting on the scale and seeing that i was down more pounds only halfway through my week i decided to avoid the temptation all together and skip the parade.

a lot of you have will power to go out and not drink and i have been doing that for the past 5 weeks but i also know i have to pick my battles!

patns
11-02-2013, 11:11 PM
65, glad you found the book helpful. I read it after I had been in maintenance for awhile, wish I had read it sooner, right after phasing off.

Pat

65X65
11-03-2013, 07:24 AM
65, glad you found the book helpful. I read it after I had been in maintenance for awhile, wish I had read it sooner, right after phasing off.

Pat

THANK-YOU THANK-YOU Pat!! Couldn't find who had first touted this book... This one is something I keep handy...to pick up and reread portions. Just open it anywhere. It is has a lot of concepts and physiology to absorb. SOOO well written and every page a readable aha!! Really can't stop rereading portions because it helps me really grasp what my body is/has done. Combined with Beck's book The Diet Solution.....

I'm "religious" now in my need to go back and read a few pages here and there a few times a day!

Not losing any more on the scale, but my 1 pair of jeans that fit last week won't stay up on their own now...and don't even need to unsnap or unzip to get in and out of them. Am getting worried about finding a brand/size that fit. Only britches that fit well now are jeggings or "ponte pants"...which is not a bad problem, but also...not suitable for everywhere. Thinking about seeing a seamstress to have some things made, once I get to the end. Shouldn't complain.....I know! I'm not. But, you older-smaller ladies lurking...trust me ...you can really find your old body with this diet if you are patient and true to it....and don't forget to do the resistance training. You CAN and SHOULD start sooner rather than later. I think that is what tones and REALLY gets things back where they belong.

Bought two suits this week...but only bought skirts to wear with the jackets and boots til I get this pants thing figured out. Oh...and had to rebuy bras for the 4th time. They don't make a huge selection in small (flat) sizes...and the ones that fit are pricey! Waacoal ... or Mystiere...and they are never on sale around here....anyone have a good web site?

Ruth Ann
11-03-2013, 10:13 AM
PS- When I was cleaning out my closet I decided to try on some tops just for a pick-me-up. Most of them came down to my knees and looked like tents!

Really reinforced how far I've come even though I have a ways to go and the scale is not cooperating (waving to Lisa).

That is great IPN! Of course, now you need to go shopping! I keep a box right in my closet for giveaways. I try not to get ahead of myself but once something starts making me look like I'm wearing my big sister's clothes - out it goes!

Ruth Ann
11-03-2013, 10:21 AM
Bought two suits this week...but only bought skirts to wear with the jackets and boots til I get this pants thing figured out. Oh...and had to rebuy bras for the 4th time. They don't make a huge selection in small (flat) sizes...and the ones that fit are pricey! Waacoal ... or Mystiere...and they are never on sale around here....anyone have a good web site?

65 - I'm having an issues with the bras too - only the reverse of your problems. I have always been busty and have always hated bra shopping so I've been putting it off as long as possible, but I don't think I can cinch my existing bras up to much more. I think it's a mental block when it comes to buying bras - I've always loved the really pretty ones but they didn't make them in 48 EEE. I have no clue what I am now, but I'm pretty sure it's not that. Going to have to do it though, just going to have to force myself and maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised.

65X65
11-03-2013, 10:44 AM
65 - I'm having an issues with the bras too - only the reverse of your problems. I have always been busty and have always hated bra shopping so I've been putting it off as long as possible, but I don't think I can cinch my existing bras up to much more. I think it's a mental block when it comes to buying bras - I've always loved the really pretty ones but they didn't make them in 48 EEE. I have no clue what I am now, but I'm pretty sure it's not that. Going to have to do it though, just going to have to force myself and maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Gosh...If you, Avalon and I could shake our selves up in a bag and pour...we'd probably all be the right height and proportions...Avalon and I already figured out if she could loan me some inches I could eat a little more! LOL..wishful thinking huh??
BLUSh...:o:o I am a 32 band ... on the tightest hook...and can get them off and on with out un-hooking....and here I thought I was forever done with any kind of pull on stuff....

sarahBell
11-03-2013, 10:46 AM
I am working so so so hard to join this club :(

Ruth Ann
11-03-2013, 10:56 AM
Gosh...If you, Avalon and I could shake our selves up in a bag and pour...we'd probably all be the right height and proportions...Avalon and I already figured out if she could loan me some inches I could eat a little more! LOL..wishful thinking huh??
BLUSh...:o:o I am a 32 band ... on the tightest hook...and can get them off and on with out un-hooking....and here I thought I was forever done with any kind of pull on stuff....

No kidding! Wouldn't that be awesome. Oh well, unlikely I'm going to grow any taller (although I did gain nearly 1/2 inch after my spinal fusion) so I'll just have to work with what I've got. I am trying to incorporate more non-pullon clothes into my wardrobe - I've been wearing that stuff forever and it opens up a whole new set of options for clothes. Once I get the bra thing figured out I'm going for (gasp!) button down blouses - haven't worn those in ages!

Ruth Ann
11-03-2013, 11:01 AM

Sarah - I know you have been trying hard and I mean this in a totally constructive way, but sometimes you just have to white knuckle it and stay OP. It's not always easy, but it gets easier the more you do it. Once you get in the mindset that you ARE going to just follow the sheet and stay OP no matter what, it will become routine for you. I know it's hard but you can do it if you set your mind to it.

sarahBell
11-03-2013, 11:28 AM
Sarah - I know you have been trying hard and I mean this in a totally constructive way, but sometimes you just have to white knuckle it and stay OP. It's not always easy, but it gets easier the more you do it. Once you get in the mindset that you ARE going to just follow the sheet and stay OP no matter what, it will become routine for you. I know it's hard but you can do it if you set your mind to it.

:hug: thank you. I cannot figure out why I cave so much. I did atkins so well I dropped 48lbs! This is more of a mental issue esp. with a little one (he is not an excuse but he makes is hard LOL)

Hiker88
11-03-2013, 12:30 PM

Thanks for this Ruth Ann, I do think its a slippery slope once a person starts to cheat. My coach told me that once one of her her clients cheats, they have a much harder time staying OP. Hot tea and a big pickle have really helped me on the hard days but I've definitely had my tough moments!

Ruth Ann
11-03-2013, 12:56 PM
Wow Hiker - impressive losses!

Hot tea and pickles have gotten me through many a rough patch along with lettuce. I kept a large bowl of romaine on my desk for times I was feeling "munchy" (I'm a notorious afternoon snacker). Lots and lots of water helps too.

I live with two large guys who have never had to watch their weight, in fact it's a challenge keeping the weight on my dh and I have stayed OP the whole time. When I'm tempted I just think of how far I've come and what it would cost me. For the most part though I've not really been tempted and after the first couple of weeks I quit having cravings.

Hiker88
11-03-2013, 02:03 PM
Ruth Ann: Your ticker inspires me!! Thanks for the comments.

65X65
11-03-2013, 02:20 PM

:hug: thank you. I cannot figure out why I cave so much. I did atkins so well I dropped 48lbs! This is more of a mental issue esp. with a little one (he is not an excuse but he makes is hard LOL)

Sarah...you really have struggled...but if you are able to get to the 100% place for a few consecutive days....you will have the hardest part licked, and I think you know that already.

The "10% off plan" in short run of physiology may not make too much difference esp when you still have a lot of lbs to lose. It matters much much more closer you get to goal...but then getting your mind over that hurdle is absolutely more challenging than it would have been early on. I think you can do this. Don't let the devil in the basement tho'...:devil: .. he will like it too much! Get him out the door now and the rest will be easier.

PurpleMomster
11-03-2013, 02:29 PM
There's a lady I work with who was the one who inspired to me to start IP with her incredible losses and how fantastic she looked. I started at the end of June. In July, she started dating a new guy and because of that, started slipping on IP - going out for pizza, having wine, etc. She still lost weight, a whole lot slower than before and then after a couple of weeks, stopped losing and started gaining. She decided to go off IP to decide whether she wanted to continue but instead of phasing off, just stopped. And gained a whole lot more.

Now, I've stayed 100% OP since the end of June and I am now down almost 20lbs more than her - we started at about the same weight. And, she now feels bad because if she had stuck with it, she'd also be down 20lbs.

It's a slippery slope. If you allow yourself that one little bite, nibble, taste - it's downhill after that. At least it would be for me. Any chance I'd get, I'd take it and push that chance as far as it could go. I don't want that. I want the 20lbs.

Jo

Ruth Ann
11-03-2013, 03:44 PM
Ruth Ann: Your ticker inspires me!! Thanks for the comments.

You're welcome! Keeping my fingers crossed that the medical issues are over with and I can just keep on with the goal of losing weight!

It's a slippery slope. If you allow yourself that one little bite, nibble, taste - it's downhill after that. At least it would be for me. Any chance I'd get, I'd take it and push that chance as far as it could go. I don't want that. I want the 20lbs.

Jo

I'm with you Jo - I think most of us know that if we start not following the rules of IP we're going to end up right back where we started. I'm too invested emotionally, financially and determination (read: totally stubborn) to do that to myself. Plus, I don't want to stay on P1 a minute longer than needed although truthfully, it's a very safe place to be right now for me. I know exactly what I can and can't have, it makes it so simple to stay on track!

Ruth Ann
11-03-2013, 03:48 PM
The "10% off plan" in short run of physiology may not make too much difference esp when you still have a lot of lbs to lose. It matters much much more closer you get to goal...but then getting your mind over that hurdle is absolutely more challenging than it would have been early on. I think you can do this. Don't let the devil in the basement tho'...:devil: .. he will like it too much! Get him out the door now and the rest will be easier.

Totally agree 65! Couldn't have said it better. Then again, you say things much nicer than I do!

Hiker88
11-03-2013, 05:08 PM
Yes 65, well said!

lisa32989
11-03-2013, 07:30 PM
I'm with you Jo - I think most of us know that if we start not following the rules of IP we're going to end up right back where we started. I'm too invested emotionally, financially and determination (read: totally stubborn) to do that to myself. Plus, I don't want to stay on P1 a minute longer than needed although truthfully, it's a very safe place to be right now for me. I know exactly what I can and can't have, it makes it so simple to stay on track!
When I committed to IP ($) I committed to being "all in". Following the rules - even the "stupid" ones - got almost 100 lbs off me. If I made exceptions for x, y, Or z, I'd still be struggling to get where I am.

There are lots of things to look at on IP & say "yeah but". In the longrun for me it has been about accepting the program may not be "perfect" but it is the plan I chose. Had I cheated early-on, my whole IP journey would have been a huge struggle.

Ruth Ann
11-03-2013, 09:24 PM
That's it Lisa - the program may not be "perfect" but doing things my way was far worse. And I can't argue with the results!

WillowVee
11-03-2013, 09:47 PM
When I committed to IP ($) I committed to being "all in". Following the rules - even the "stupid" ones - got almost 100 lbs off me. If I made exceptions for x, y, Or z, I'd still be struggling to get where I am.

There are lots of things to look at on IP & say "yeah but". In the longrun for me it has been about accepting the program may not be "perfect" but it is the plan I chose. Had I cheated early-on, my whole IP journey would have been a huge struggle.

One of the first things my coach said to me when we were talking about me starting IP was "If your 'buts' are bigger than your 'whys' then maybe this isn't for you right now." She was right. And now my 'butt' is much smaller! :D

Ruth Ann
11-03-2013, 10:11 PM
One of the first things my coach said to me when we were talking about me starting IP was "If your 'buts' are bigger than your 'whys' then maybe this isn't for you right now." She was right. And now my 'butt' is much smaller! :D

LOL WillowVee! I like that!

MelissaKate73
11-03-2013, 10:59 PM
One of the videos on that idealcoaching tv website that a lot of us get sent from our clinics addressed the issue of making "changes" to the plan. The guy talked about all the research that has been done on willpower, and why it can fade away so easily. He said that the more decisions you have to make on a diet, the more likely you are that your willpower will fail you. Willpower is not in infinite resource. The more you are required to use it, the more likely it will become depleted. This really hit home for me. I can remember thinking that all that freedom to choose my foods on WW was such a blessing...yet I continued to make lots of poor choices. These choices were small, but eventually, they would lead to much larger, much worse choices, until I ultimately fell off the wagon completely. This diet takes away A LOT of the decisions (choices). As long as you stick with the "rules" of this very structured program, your choices are simple and limited. You don't have to make many big decisions, therefore your willpower isn't tested nearly as much as it can be on other less structured programs.

It's a really helpful video clip if you have access to them. If you can get through the first 4-5 days, this diet is easy to stick to 100%.

Ruth Ann
11-04-2013, 09:52 AM
Good morning!

MelissaKate - that makes total sense. I like having the structure of P1 and am using it as a learning opportunity. I've done a lot of research on nutrition and how I want to eat for the rest of my life. Amazing, none of those "can't live without" foods I used to have even interest me any more. I guess that's what breaking the addiction to carbs & sugar will do!

ems70508
11-04-2013, 10:24 AM

Whenever I get a craving, I do something kind of silly but it works. I bought this black dress at TJ Max that looks like this Gianni Bini dress from Dillard's. I leave it hanging on my closet door so I'll go try it on.
http://www.dillards.com/product/Gianni-Bini-Miller-ShortSleeve-Dress_301_-1_301_503577810?df=03923570_zi_black

It's tight on me but I love the detailing. Thing is, I have big boobs. I know once I get down about 10-15 more lbs, this will look good! That gives me a small realistic goal in my long list of goals! Don't look at your overall task and give up because it may seem daunting! Don't say you have so far to go that you may as well cheat and hop back on the wagon the next day! Give yourself mini goals that are tangible, it may help! I cheer you on every time I read your posts, and I'm really sorry that you're struggling. In my opinion, you really have the best cheerleaders here for you on 3FC!

GettinHealthyNow
11-04-2013, 11:52 AM
Whenever I get a craving, I do something kind of silly but it works. I bought this black dress at TJ Max that looks like this Gianni Bini dress from Dillard's. I leave it hanging on my closet door so I'll go try it on.
http://www.dillards.com/product/Gianni-Bini-Miller-ShortSleeve-Dress_301_-1_301_503577810?df=03923570_zi_black

You know, I don't think that is silly at all! I have a similar goal - I've got a beautiful grey form-fitting sweater dress with a cowl neck which I wore only once 10 years ago, then the weight started piling on, so never again. I kept that dress and am holding my breath until I dare to try it on. It's probably sadly out of style now but I don't care - that is my goalpost. Honestly I think I'm only about 5 pounds away now from the weight I was at when I wore it all that time ago but will hold off for another 10 pounds since that is the image I'm holding in my head to stay dedicated OP 100%.

Got home last night from a weekend in Banff with my sisters. On plan the whole time. I'm afraid I've turned judgy-judgy - the meals my sisters ordered were wildly off from what I was eating - I think my lip was curling...

WillowVee
11-04-2013, 12:31 PM

That dress is so cute!!

Got home last night from a weekend in Banff with my sisters. On plan the whole time. I'm afraid I've turned judgy-judgy - the meals my sisters ordered were wildly off from what I was eating - I think my lip was curling...
Me, too! Complete with lip curling. I think to myself "don't you KNOW! can't you see what you're DOING?" Then I tell myself to calm down because no one loves the self-righteous. :D

ems70508
11-04-2013, 12:34 PM
That dress is so cute!!

Thanks! TJ Max at the Tanger Outlet Mall (In Foley, AL) has some of the best dresses! I got it for 20 bucks! :carrot:

yespositively
11-04-2013, 12:41 PM

That's a really cute dress! I am starting the program today (appointment at noon) and really want to be a part of this club from Day 1.

nolagurl
11-04-2013, 12:45 PM
Well, I decided to take control of my weight and begin ideal protein today. I'm excited but nervous at the same time. Any dinner ideas are greatly appreciated. :D

WillowVee
11-04-2013, 12:50 PM
Thanks! TJ Max at the Tanger Outlet Mall (In Foley, AL) has some of the best dresses! I got it for 20 bucks! :carrot:

Whoo! For that price I might just have to come on down! Our TJ Max equivalent is Winners, which also has some lovely deals.

Maxxy
11-04-2013, 02:25 PM
Whoo! For that price I might just have to come on down! Our TJ Max equivalent is Winners, which also has some lovely deals.

We are getting a Marshall's though....yippee!

lisa32989
11-04-2013, 02:31 PM
Well, I decided to take control of my weight and begin ideal protein today. I'm excited but nervous at the same time. Any dinner ideas are greatly appreciated. :D
WElcome!!!
There are LOTS of ideas in the What Are You Eating Today thread.

sarahBell
11-04-2013, 03:02 PM
I want to totally WOW dh on our annv. so he will want to go some place nice. I am setting myself with 5lb goals each week. that seems doable for me that it. PLUS ems I love the dress it is sooo cute!

emsmom97
11-04-2013, 03:30 PM
:welcome2:

My dinners are usually pretty boring, but filling. I tend to do a protein of some sort, salad with oil and cider vinegar and some veggies. Nothing exciting, but it seems to be working for me!

MelissaKate73
11-04-2013, 05:43 PM

:rofl:

ems70508
11-04-2013, 05:53 PM
First, yall are so sweet about the dress! I hope to wear it for Christmas but secretly hoping it'll be too big! haha

For dinner, I love making Frittatas! I usually cut up whatever veggies I have, saute them in olive oil (season to your taste) then pour my raw eggs on top. Let the bottom set in the pan (kind of bubbly on top) then place in oven on broil until the top cooks! It puffs up really nicely. I throw some Tobasco sauce on mine to give it more kick. It takes up my whole plate so i feel like I'm feasting. but really, it's a light and fluffy meal! There's tons of recipes online to find better cooking times/temps but I just wing mine.

dak1lls
11-04-2013, 06:27 PM

I love stirfry! I crumble cauliflower in the food processor and heat oil in a pan and saute the cauliflower till it starts to become tender, but not mushy. I saute my veggies and meat separately and serve over top of the cauli-rice and it is yummy! I use organic chicken stock and add that to my veggies when they are cooking and then thicken it with xanthan gum sometimes. You can use soy sauce, ginger, garlic, or whatever spices you like.

I also like to buy shrimp and toss with blackening spices and saute in a little grapeseed oil and serve that over my cauli-rice. Both dishes are so good and easy to make. They taste like you are cheating. The cauliflower is an easy way to get your 2 c. of veggies, but be careful not to overdo it!

Pot roast is good and I also do the frittata ems mentioned. I add chopped turkey, fresh tomatoes, mushrooms, and spinach to mine. Sooooo good! You won't be hungry afterwards!

Sauteed cabbage goes with a lot of different meats. Soups are always a great and filling way to get veggies and protein!

There are so many recipes on the recipe threads. Check out Rainbows Mix'n in the Kitch'n threads. Google Ideal Protein recipes. Also, keep in mind that you can make many dishes IP compliant by switching up some ingredients or leaving some things out.

Good luck to you!

Ruth Ann
11-04-2013, 09:39 PM

that is a great motivator ems! Sometimes having something visual to aim for really helps. My sister gave me a bunch of clothes and I go try them on every once in awhile to see if I fit them yet.

I try so hard not to be judgy but it's hard sometimes! I keep reminding myself, I'm doing this for me and what someone else eats is really none of my business unless they ask my opinion. Have had to bite my tongue more than once!

[QUOTE=yespositively;4876597]That's a really cute dress! I am starting the program today (appointment at noon) and really want to be a part of this club from Day 1.

Welcome and congrats on starting!

Welcome to you too and congrats! There are a ton of great recipes and packet hacks on here so you'll never get bored!

Small set-back for me today and the doc has me home for the rest of the week. Apparently she was not pleased that I went back part time last week and really wants me to rest. I don't rest well - keep thinking of all the stuff I need to do!

IdealProteinNewbie
11-05-2013, 08:41 AM
ems: Love that dress!

Ruth Ann: Make sure you rest! I know how hard it is when you have things you want to get done, but make sure you listen to the doctor's instructions! We want you to heal up as fast as possible!

Ruth Ann
11-05-2013, 09:25 AM
ems: Love that dress!

Ruth Ann: Make sure you rest! I know how hard it is when you have things you want to get done, but make sure you listen to the doctor's instructions! We want you to heal up as fast as possible!

Thanks IPN - it really is harder to do nothing than it sounds! So I loaded my tablet with books I want to read and picked out a bunch of movies to watch and am organizing recipes I want to try. That should keep me out of trouble!

emsmom97
11-05-2013, 10:57 AM
Thanks IPN - it really is harder to do nothing than it sounds! So I loaded my tablet with books I want to read and picked out a bunch of movies to watch and am organizing recipes I want to try. That should keep me out of trouble!

Sounds like me. I can't just sit around and to nothing...but you better listen to the doctor. Rest and get better. You'll be up and around and back to normal soon. In the meantime, enjoy the required time off. It doesn't happen often!

emsmom97
11-05-2013, 02:08 PM
OK 100% peeps....has this happened to you too?

Today was my WI. Down 1.8 pounds. Doctor was a bit disappointed, as was I. We both thought my number should have been bigger since I have been 100% OP the entire time. He has me on only two restricted foods this week (oatmeal 2 days is it!) hoping that I will go back into ketosis. The rest of my food is the regular stuff. I don't eat the restricted veggies, I drink TONS of water, TOM was 1 1/2 weeks ago. Can't think of anything else that would be messing with the weightloss. Anyone have any other suggestions? HELP!!!

GettinHealthyNow
11-05-2013, 02:19 PM

Today was my WI. Down 1.8 pounds. Doctor was a bit disappointed, as was I. We both thought my number should have been bigger since I have been 100% OP the entire time. He has me on only two restricted foods this week (oatmeal 2 days is it!) hoping that I will go back into ketosis. The rest of my food is the regular stuff. I don't eat the restricted veggies, I drink TONS of water, TOM was 1 1/2 weeks ago. Can't think of anything else that would be messing with the weightloss. Anyone have any other suggestions? HELP!!!

Have you been exercising? Maybe you need that 4th protein pack to keep your body from going into starvation storage mode?

Ruth Ann
11-05-2013, 02:33 PM

You've lost 18 lbs in about 4 weeks - that's outstanding! Sometimes your body just needs a "reset" time. Did your inches go down? The scale is only one measure of how you're doing. A higher sodium day can make you retain water too.

What makes your doctor think you aren't in ketosis? If you're following the sheet 100% you'll be in ketosis.

You really are doing great!

65X65
11-05-2013, 02:42 PM

Average weight loss on this is about 2.5 lbs a week. Your Dr is a bit unrealistic..??
Even early on many of us hit the charts losing well under 3lbs/week = about 10-12 lbs a month the first month or two. You are so far ahead of the game at this point! And yes...did you lose inches? Are they measuring you? Once that initial burst of lbs lost slows down, the hard work of getting the inches to drop begins and the tape measure and the scale do not even know each other through out most of that process!

Next week you may want to explore the expectations the Dr has...and ask why his expectations are what they are. Regardless of his answer...you don't need to buy into it. If you have been reading the boards here you already know what to expect.

Hiker88
11-05-2013, 03:44 PM

If your looking to find something to keep you still... have you watched the Downton Abbey series yet? We had a veg day this summer and had no problem sitting for an entire day watching the series... loved it and looking forward to season 4!

Ferk
11-05-2013, 06:16 PM
Weird that your doctor was disappointed- not very helpful. I've had weeks where I've only lost 1lb...not a big deal. My coach was supportive and explained that it happens. Some weeks you lose a lot, some weeks you lose a little. I don't see how further restricting you will improve things, but if it makes you feel better, go for it!

sarahBell
11-05-2013, 06:30 PM
Did not even sound good :shrug:

I ran to Cub foods to grab a few things (did NOT get to the store today like I need too, peanut has a bad cough and cold) and before when I would see the hostess cupcakes and stuff I would buy one and eat it with out thinking. NOW for me the Sugar Queen of my house passed on it because the thought of eating it did not even sound good :yikes::yikes::yikes:

I am proud of myself and yet mystified :yoga:

Ruth Ann
11-05-2013, 08:01 PM
If your looking to find something to keep you still... have you watched the Downton Abbey series yet? We had a veg day this summer and had no problem sitting for an entire day watching the series... loved it and looking forward to season 4!

Excellent idea! I'd been wanting to watch that series! Thank you!

Ruth Ann
11-05-2013, 08:02 PM
Did not even sound good :shrug:

I ran to Cub foods to grab a few things (did NOT get to the store today like I need too, peanut has a bad cough and cold) and before when I would see the hostess cupcakes and stuff I would buy one and eat it with out thinking. NOW for me the Sugar Queen of my house passed on it because the thought of eating it did not even sound good :yikes::yikes::yikes:

I am proud of myself and yet mystified :yoga:

Yeah Sarah! Don't like to say "I told you so" but we told you - get a few 100% days under your belt and it will get easier and easier. :D

aburke
11-05-2013, 08:19 PM
Hi, I'm new here! I just had my week 7 weigh-in/measure yesterday and I'm down -25.6 lbs and 23.75". My goal is -60 lbs by Feb and I haven't cheated once!

So happy I found this site, because I don't have anyone else to talk about IP with that understands! :)

sarahBell
11-05-2013, 08:26 PM
Yeah Sarah! Don't like to say "I told you so" but we told you - get a few 100% days under your belt and it will get easier and easier. :D

:dust: is what it takes and it is HARD!~ But thank you , you guys are correct :p

Slipfree
11-05-2013, 08:35 PM
Hi, I'm new here! I just had my week 7 weigh-in/measure yesterday and I'm down -25.6 lbs and 23.75". My goal is -60 lbs by Feb and I haven't cheated once!

So happy I found this site, because I don't have anyone else to talk about IP with that understands! :)

Congratulations on your success so far. I feel the same way about this site. People ask about the program, but within seconds I can see their eyes glaze over. I need people around me that have the same focus and priorities right now.
So I am thankful for everyone on the ideal pages.

Hurray Sarabell:yay:

Ruth Ann
11-05-2013, 08:43 PM
:dust: is what it takes and it is HARD!~ But thank you , you guys are correct :p

We knew you could do it - just takes getting your head in the game.

Ruth Ann
11-05-2013, 08:45 PM

Welcome aburke! Nice loses! I know what you mean about people understanding, my poor dh knows as much as I do at this point and he isn't even on IP.

sarahBell
11-05-2013, 09:02 PM
We knew you could do it - just takes getting your head in the game.

you mean take my head our of the sugar bowl :joker::joker::joker::joker:

emsmom97
11-05-2013, 09:22 PM
Thanks all for the support. That is why I love this site. I was a bit down on myself, but all the positive responses really helped put things in perspective.

On another note...no measurements yet. Next week. Hopefully those numbers are huge to counteract the not so great scale. (The scale and I have never been good friends, so it's all good)

lisa32989
11-05-2013, 10:04 PM
emsmom97: You never mentioned why you thought you are not in ketosis. If you are 100%, you ARE in ketosis

emsmom97
11-05-2013, 10:11 PM
emsmom97: You never mentioned why you thought you are not in ketosis. If you are 100%, you ARE in ketosis

I know I'm in ketosis...the doctor just wanted me "more into" it. Not sure how that happens, but whatever. I'm sticking with 100% and know that it will eventually catch up with me.

but right now...I'm struggling. I keep opening the fridge and looking in there...not sure why. So far, so good. Think I will make a cup of mint tea and call it my "reward" for not straying from the protocol. I think it's all in my head anyway.

lisa32989
11-05-2013, 10:25 PM
find something else to do & stay out of the kitchen!

emsmom97
11-05-2013, 10:31 PM
find something else to do & stay out of the kitchen!
working on it!!! Promise....

sarahBell
11-05-2013, 10:39 PM
I live in the kitchen. Either I am trying to clean up or starting the next meal (lunch gets started around 10:30 or so and dinner gets prepped around 3 or so, then make supper, lean up. Not to mention the countless trip with peanut for milk, water, snacks and making tea for DH

JLUS
11-05-2013, 11:14 PM
I know I'm in ketosis...the doctor just wanted me "more into" it. Not sure how that happens, but whatever. I'm sticking with 100% and know that it will eventually catch up with me.

but right now...I'm struggling. I keep opening the fridge and looking in there...not sure why. So far, so good. Think I will make a cup of mint tea and call it my "reward" for not straying from the protocol. I think it's all in my head anyway.

I don't believe there are degrees of Ketosis - you are either IN it or not. If you are 100% then you are in it. RELAX or you will stress yourself into a real slow-down!!

Meeshellee
11-05-2013, 11:42 PM
I don't believe there are degrees of Ketosis - you are either IN it or not. If you are 100% then you are in it. RELAX or you will stress yourself into a real slow-down!!

That's exactly what they said in the IP videos, ketosis is like being pregnant, either you are or you aren't.

Ruth Ann
11-06-2013, 08:21 AM
Thanks all for the support. That is why I love this site. I was a bit down on myself, but all the positive responses really helped put things in perspective.

On another note...no measurements yet. Next week. Hopefully those numbers are huge to counteract the not so great scale. (The scale and I have never been good friends, so it's all good)

LOL on the scale - I have a love/hate thing going on with mine. Dh was seriously laughing at me one day when I was telling the scale "you lie you evil machine!" Funny, shortly thereafter he broke the scale (accidentally) and I'm just now getting it replaced - should be in today or tomorrow. I've kind of missed having it just because I'm the curious type and like to see what it's doing. Plus we need to keep track of dh's weight to make sure he doesn't lose - we're kind of like Jack Spratt & his wife in reverse. :D

emsmom97
11-06-2013, 10:44 AM
LOL on the scale - I have a love/hate thing going on with mine. Dh was seriously laughing at me one day when I was telling the scale "you lie you evil machine!" Funny, shortly thereafter he broke the scale (accidentally) and I'm just now getting it replaced - should be in today or tomorrow. I've kind of missed having it just because I'm the curious type and like to see what it's doing. Plus we need to keep track of dh's weight to make sure he doesn't lose - we're kind of like Jack Spratt & his wife in reverse. :D
I've been known to dance around the scale giving it the finger when I'm not happy with it. Hubby laughs at me and asks if I realize it's an inanimate object. But it makes me feel better! So whatever works, right?

Thanks again for all of the support. You'll be happy to know that I did NOT eat anything last night when I was tempted to. Just had a cup of mint tea and tried to relax. Ended up helping my daughter with her homework which took my mind off of, well basically nothing, which is why I was in the kitchen in the first place. At least I'm realizing what I'm doing now. If anything, I kept hearing everyone's voice in my head reminding me how if I "cheat" one day, it will take 4 days to recover. I've worked way to hard for these 18 pounds to waste 4 more days. That's half a week. I could be done that much quicker when I stay OP!

As for the ketosis. I agree. You either are or aren't. I have no idea why the doctor thinks I should be more into ketosis. I'm going to just keep trucking along and let the program work for me. I do feel so much better now and am even starting to think ahead to what I'll be able to wear by Thanksgiving. Positive thinking at it's best!

Hope you all have a wonderful day! Thanks again for being so wonderful. :hug:

GettinHealthyNow
11-06-2013, 03:36 PM
Hello 100%-ers. I'm continuing to swim along happily. Another good WI the other day, my coach says I'm her poster child :) And a NSV victory - trying to get dressed this morning took a long time - ended up bagging up another 3 pairs of pants and two tops, closet is starting to have a lot of holes. This program is too expensive to go clothes shopping for stuff I'll only wear for a few weeks (fingers crossed) so will make a trip to the thrift store and see what I can find. Don't know why but I kind of cringe at doing that - stupid because I know most of the stuff there will be from closets of people just like me, but at different sizes. Not sure why I find the clothing situation so depressing right now - maybe because some of the things I've been bagging up were not cheap.

Run4three
11-06-2013, 04:20 PM
Not sure why I find the clothing situation so depressing right now - maybe because some of the things I've been bagging up were not cheap.
Not cheap, but also not for you. Those clothes are the 'old' you. You are transforming! Your loses are impressive and inspiring.

You are so right about IP being expensive, though :p

lisa32989
11-06-2013, 05:03 PM
I've had super tons of fun finding great finds at thrift stores. My wardrobe has wayyyy nicer brands in it than it used to...and for way less money. I got both of my winter coats for about $60 combined. And that included the cost of dry cleaning them! One is a Talbot's and the other I've got compliments on when I was at the World Series game (from a TEENAGER!!!)

Look at thrift store shopping as an adventure. I had to go multiple times to find everything I needed. I made it a weekly trek for a while.

GettinHealthyNow
11-06-2013, 05:08 PM
I've had super tons of fun finding great finds at thrift stores. My wardrobe has wayyyy nicer brands in it than it used to...and for way less money. I got both of my winter coats for about $60 combined. And that included the cost of dry cleaning them! One is a Talbot's and the other I've got compliments on when I was at the World Series game (from a TEENAGER!!!)

Look at thrift store shopping as an adventure. I had to go multiple times to find everything I needed. I made it a weekly trek for a while.

Thanks for that! You found Talbot's at the thrift store??? Nice! Maybe I'll stop by tonight on my way home from work.

saskgirl
11-06-2013, 05:13 PM
Hello 100%-ers. I'm continuing to swim along happily. Another good WI the other day, my coach says I'm her poster child :) And a NSV victory - trying to get dressed this morning took a long time - ended up bagging up another 3 pairs of pants and two tops, closet is starting to have a lot of holes. This program is too expensive to go clothes shopping for stuff I'll only wear for a few weeks (fingers crossed) so will make a trip to the thrift store and see what I can find. Don't know why but I kind of cringe at doing that - stupid because I know most of the stuff there will be from closets of people just like me, but at different sizes. Not sure why I find the clothing situation so depressing right now - maybe because some of the things I've been bagging up were not cheap.

We have a more upscale consignment store here (nicer stuff than the sally ann or value village) - see if maybe you can get some credit back towards some smaller sizes!
I just bought a tonne of clothes in the states - hopefully I wont "outgrow?" them too quick! some are snugger than others :)

The cost of the program is what keeps me 100% - get in - get it done - get out and maintain - plus - it isnt any more a week than we used to spend in takeout food - and all those extras I dont have to spend money on at the grocery store anymore!

lisa32989
11-06-2013, 05:36 PM
We have Goodwill, Red Racks and other "general" thrift stores but we also have some local "higher end" clothing-only thrift stores that only keep the nicer items. One is run by the National Council for Jewish Women. Another funds Women's Foundation and two others fund local scholarship foundations. They're all located in more "upscale" parts of town. Those four stores are the ones I hit to replace my wardrobe. Almost my entire wardrobe is 2nd-hand but it is Jones New York, Talbot's, Chicos, Dockers, and designer labels. Nice stuff.

I started only buying items that fit but I have gotten a LOT pickier. If I don't LOVE it, I don't buy it anymore...at ANY price!

GettinHealthyNow
11-06-2013, 05:48 PM
Great idea, thanks ladies. Since I've never shopped second hand I've never even realized those upper end stores were available. I've got some research to do! Feeling happier about it all. Sure beats filling the holes with Costco brand ... my workplace is fairly formal, the lower quality things stand out.

65X65
11-06-2013, 06:16 PM
Thanks for that! You found Talbot's at the thrift store??? Nice! Maybe I'll stop by tonight on my way home from work.

Yup...Talbots, Chico, WHBM, Banana Republic, J Crew, Nordstroms, RL, Jones NY, Tahari, Kaspar...some stuff still has tags....you can tell even if there are no tags the stuff was prob never even worn...!! Still see the brand new store creases....:cool:

Ruth Ann
11-07-2013, 11:10 AM
Good morning!

I'm still filling in my wardrobe with second hand stores, hand me downs and my clinic has a pant exchange - that has been a lifesaver! I don't want to invest much money right now but when I get to goal I'm planning on splurging on some real nice basics and having them tailored if needed.

The one thing I've noticed is that "petite" sizes can be somewhat problematic in some ways. Apparently some manufacturers think if you are "petite" you have no hips, bust, etc. Even at my lowest weight (many moons ago) I had curves and had to have a lot of clothes taken up in the hem, sleeves, etc.

emsmom97
11-07-2013, 12:24 PM
Good morning!

I'm still filling in my wardrobe with second hand stores, hand me downs and my clinic has a pant exchange - that has been a lifesaver! I don't want to invest much money right now but when I get to goal I'm planning on splurging on some real nice basics and having them tailored if needed.

The one thing I've noticed is that "petite" sizes can be somewhat problematic in some ways. Apparently some manufacturers think if you are "petite" you have no hips, bust, etc. Even at my lowest weight (many moons ago) I had curves and had to have a lot of clothes taken up in the hem, sleeves, etc.

I find the same thing with tall items. Apparently, we are all supposed to be runway models if we are tall and have no curves what so ever! Unfortunately, my body didn't get that memo!

Ruth Ann
11-07-2013, 07:50 PM
I find the same thing with tall items. Apparently, we are all supposed to be runway models if we are tall and have no curves what so ever! Unfortunately, my body didn't get that memo!

Yeah, wouldn't it be easier if everyone at the same height had exactly the same shape? Probably not going to happen!

sarahBell
11-07-2013, 08:10 PM
I did 3 days and was on roll until today **EPIC FAIL** back to square one tomorrow!

44forever
11-07-2013, 08:14 PM
Hi everyone. Hopefully I will be a steady member of the 100% club. I am starting up IP on Saturday and I am quite excited about it;)

Ruth Ann
11-07-2013, 08:39 PM
Hi everyone. Hopefully I will be a steady member of the 100% club. I am starting up IP on Saturday and I am quite excited about it;)

Welcome 44forever and congrats on starting! You'll find tons of information and support here.

schenectady
11-08-2013, 11:40 AM
I hope with all my heart that I am back as a member of this club as I discovered how very scary and slippery for me it can be to go off. I am not stating this for anyone else but me; others are different and I make no judgments.

HOWEVER, little detours were dangerous for me and led me to a month off the program. Rarely was I really truly off the program and honestly, I did enjoy some foods that I missed.

What did I discover - I woke up feeling weaker, less positive. I did not look forward to a day of 100% and feeling renewed each time I made it. I did not sleep as well. I felt less of a desire to dress well and make myself up the bet I could. My mouth was nasty in the morning. My skin started breaking out. I could go on and on.

So I am taking one day at a time back at 100% with the realization for me that is the only safe way to go.

emsmom97
11-08-2013, 11:46 AM
I hope with all my heart that I am back as a member of this club as I discovered how very scary and slippery for me it can be to go off. I am not stating this for anyone else but me; others are different and I make no judgments.

HOWEVER, little detours were dangerous for me and led me to a month off the program. Rarely was I really truly off the program and honestly, I did enjoy some foods that I missed.

What did I discover - I woke up feeling weaker, less positive. I did not look forward to a day of 100% and feeling renewed each time I made it. I did not sleep as well. I felt less of a desire to dress well and make myself up the bet I could. My mouth was nasty in the morning. My skin started breaking out. I could go on and on.

So I am taking one day at a time back at 100% with the realization for me that is the only safe way to go.

Thank you SOOOO much for posting this today. I really need the affirmation for this weekend. Going to a friends house for a party. Was thinking about having a glass of wine (but let's be realistic...that would turn in to 2 or 3 glasses). Because of this post...I WILL BE 100%. Thanks again!

schenectady
11-08-2013, 11:52 AM
Thank you SOOOO much for posting this today. I really need the affirmation for this weekend. Going to a friends house for a party. Was thinking about having a glass of wine (but let's be realistic...that would turn in to 2 or 3 glasses). Because of this post...I WILL BE 100%. Thanks again!

From one Washingtonian to another, you are welcome and I am so happy to be helpful to someone. I missed being on this site while I was "off" and now know the power of support.

I will keep my fingers crossed for you emsmom97 - let's conquer this together - we are pretty close in where we are, so let's fight this as we sit in all the wind and rain of the Washington weather!

lisa32989
11-08-2013, 01:12 PM

Welcome back! You were missed! Anyone can say anything they want but I know 100% is the only way I could do IP. For me, loopholes are made to "widen". I'm on p4 now but remaining gluten-free, as I believe it will help to reign-in some of my behaviors that can become out-of-control in a flash, if kept unchecked.

We all sit in different seats on the Titanic, don't we?

Not only 2-3 glasses, but reduced inhibitions, which would lead to snacking...I lived without for 14 months just so it wouldn't happen...my philosophy was that it was temporary and it would be there...I was on a mission!
You CAN do it!

schenectady
11-08-2013, 01:51 PM
Welcome back! You were missed! Anyone can say anything they want but I know 100% is the only way I could do IP. For me, loopholes are made to "widen". I'm on p4 now but remaining gluten-free, as I believe it will help to reign-in some of my behaviors that can become out-of-control in a flash, if kept unchecked.

We all sit in different seats on the Titanic, don't we?

Here is to hoping that the seats we are sitting in are in the Titanic lifeboat!

f6noob
11-08-2013, 02:39 PM
Hi all - just wanted to say thanks for contributing to such a great site. I'm 7 weeks in on the program and have been 100%. I go to lots of hockey tournaments, customer events - I end up buying the food and beer but I haven't had any. Today I had a quest bar that looks like it's on program and i've ordered a bunch of food from Nashua and some WF from another site i found out from here. Looking forward to sticking around long after I reach my goal. So afraid of gaining it back..... I think this is the only way I can function but I know I need more food in the future because the urge to workout is killing me and when i tried I had 0 energy.

Have a great weekend!!

GettinHealthyNow
11-08-2013, 03:00 PM
Hi all - just wanted to say thanks for contributing to such a great site. I'm 7 weeks in on the program and have been 100%. I go to lots of hockey tournaments, customer events - I end up buying the food and beer but I haven't had any. Today I had a quest bar that looks like it's on program and i've ordered a bunch of food from Nashua and some WF from another site i found out from here. Looking forward to sticking around long after I reach my goal. So afraid of gaining it back..... I think this is the only way I can function but I know I need more food in the future because the urge to workout is killing me and when i tried I had 0 energy.

Have a great weekend!!

What be this "urge to workout" of which you speak??? :o

CrystalWolf
11-08-2013, 03:15 PM

Welcome back! I was wondering about you the other day and hoping you were just off enjoying your visit with your sons.

Ruth Ann
11-08-2013, 03:40 PM

welcome back! I hear you on the "little detours" - I know myself, if I find a little loophole I can make it into a great big one! Frankly, if I had been able to regulate my eating by myself I wouldn't be here now. So it's much safer for me to just follow the rules and let the program work. In the meantime, I'm working on how to maintain this attitude forever because I never want to go back to where I was.

yespositively
11-08-2013, 04:29 PM
CrystalWolf Hi! Our stats are pretty similar so I thought I'd say hello! I started out at about 210-215 (last year) and am aiming to wind up in the 150s (or 140s, optimistically). Love your before and after shot since they show me what I have to look forward to!

schenectady
11-08-2013, 07:16 PM
Thank you to all those sweet ladies who welcomed me back. I filed away this "vacation" in the live and learn category. I now know that little slips become big slides. If I had the control to make it otherwise, I would not be where I am now.

That being said, I did have a wonderful time with my oldest son visiting. I see him only once a year and this once was between deployments so it was very precious. His fiancée works at Starbucks so I have to admit I had some real great fun trying some of the new winter drinks - gingerbread, pumpkin spice and my now only-in-my-memory-favorite Salted Caramel. I did get them skinny with no whipped cream, so even in my slide, I exercised some caution.

I missed you all - I am glad to be back and will be looking to get back to where I was when I dropped out!

65X65
11-08-2013, 08:57 PM
So good to see you back! Re-welcome And Dooo add your experience...it is ssooo helpful!

Too...I have been "inabstentia" this week esp. and most recently...and will be off line for awhile. My dear mother passed away early this morning after a very long goodbye. Her dementia, and physical issues too much to bear for her body any longer.

We are off tomorrow for the place where I was raised. All six siblings...multitudes of grandchildren and all of the great grands will converge for the final farewell...my dear father trying to be the anchor still at age 90..

Not.

It is time for my generation to be in charge. He might let us. It was a gorgeous fall day. Blue skies and casually moving, wispy clouds. Crisp..but not a bad fall day. A hot cup of tea...and a reading of the Irish Blessing was in order....

And so it goes... a day for celebrating a life well lived.
AMEN.

Clarington45
11-08-2013, 09:05 PM
So good to see you back! Re-welcome And Dooo add your experience...it is ssooo helpful!

Too...I have been "inabstentia" this week esp. and most recently...and will be off line for awhile. My dear mother passed away early this morning after a very long goodbye. Her dementia, and physical issues too much to bear for her body any longer.

We are off tomorrow for the place where I was raised. All six siblings...multitudes of grandchildren and all of the great grands will converge for the final farewell...my dear father trying to be the anchor still at age 90..

Not.

It is time for my generation to be in charge. He might let us. It was a gorgeous fall day. Blue skies and casually moving, wispy clouds. Crisp..but not a bad fall day. A hot cup of tea...and a reading of the Irish Blessing was in order....

AMEN.

I am very sorry to hear of your loss...

lisa32989
11-08-2013, 09:29 PM
welcome back! I hear you on the "little detours" - I know myself, if I find a little loophole I can make it into a great big one! Frankly, if I had been able to regulate my eating by myself I wouldn't be here now. So it's much safer for me to just follow the rules and let the program work. In the meantime, I'm working on how to maintain this attitude forever because I never want to go back to where I was.
I couldn't have said it better myself!

Not.

AMEN.
I'm so sorry for your loss
May she rest in peace.
It sounds as if you are at peace.

Ruth Ann
11-08-2013, 10:49 PM

Not.

AMEN.

You have my sympathies on your loss. So hard to lose a loved one. My heart goes out to you.

Sonyasbug
11-08-2013, 11:07 PM
65- may you feel comforted by the memories of your mothers journey in life. I am sorry for your loss.

patns
11-09-2013, 01:08 AM
So sorry for your loss. My mom is 90 and the her decline is very difficult. God bless your Dad being so strong about his loss and thinking of you all. This is a time when it is a great comfort to have such a large family, you will share so many memories and support each other in this sad time.

Pat

PurpleMomster
11-09-2013, 01:13 AM
65 - sorry for your loss. It's difficult to watch the ones who used to care for us go downhill.

Jo

Roni Lee
11-09-2013, 02:16 AM

Not.

AMEN.

Sorry for your loss. What a tribute to your mother that her six children and theirs will be present to celebrate her life and raise your father up in prayer and comfort.

You have a lovely spirit and I am so glad you found comfort in the beautiful day.

vachinyc
11-09-2013, 08:26 AM
So sorry for your loss 65. I hope that being with your family gives you comfort as you remember together and celebrate your mom.

65X65
11-09-2013, 09:56 AM
Thank-you all. Our two adult daughters and the grand babies are flying in tomorrow .. also my nephew who was recently married is now enroute but we also have one young nephew who is a Marine and is on special ops in the field and still does not know. He is being deployed again soon...and we are not sure he will be allowed to come. This will be so hard for him to have to dealwith this alone.

We are planning a traditional Irish wake...and my sister who lives the closest geograpically has done a marvelous job of keeping things serene, calm and full of memories from long ago. Alzheimers takes it's toll on everyone, and the last few years were not easy for our family. We have already mourned deeply and had lost her a long time ago. She knew me the last time I saw her though...miraculously...she looked at me and smiled and said to my dad.."That's my kathie". My last memory. A treasure.

This week, we are now celebrating who my mother was for all the years before. An avid reader, a baker (Pies..cookies...HOMEMADE BREAD every day of my growing up life) .. a writer of prose and a poet. At some point may share one of her short poems about daily life. She loved Erma Bombeck's columns...and with 6 kids had plenty of her own material...would jot down quick poems at night about our days and life in a small house with 1 bathroom... in the quiet when she finally got everyone to bed. The family published on our own several volumes of her works over the years...(long before the iMAC books made that an easy endeavor!! ) but she also had a few pieces accepted later in life by some literary publications.

She and my dad would have been married 66 years this Thanksgiving. She went to nursing school on the GI bill, then met and married a young army WWII vet who was one of her patients (a bad boy who insisted, she and only she, give him a "bed bath") ...and as they say ...the rest is history. And family.

Thanks all for letting me say a few words. It's been therapeutic.. and the days ahead will be cathartic as we all get together to say the final goodbye. This has been so emotionally complex, and I know many many of you have dealt with this disease in your own families. We are not unique.

Peace to all of you...It has finally come for us.

nolasmurf
11-09-2013, 10:12 AM
Thank-you all. Our two adult daughters and the grand babies are flying in tomorrow .. also my nephew who was recently married is now enroute but we also have one young nephew who is a Marine and is on special ops in the field and still does not know. He is being deployed again soon...and we are not sure he will be allowed to come. This will be so hard for him to have to dealwith this alone.

We are planning a traditional Irish wake...and my sister who lives the closest geograpically has done a marvelous job of keeping things serene, calm and full of memories from long ago. Alzheimers takes it's toll on everyone, and the last few years were not easy for our family. We have already mourned deeply and had lost her a long time ago. She knew me the last time I saw her though...miraculously...she looked at me and smiled and said to my dad.."That's my kathie". My last memory. A treasure.

This week, we are now celebrating who my mother was for all the years before. An avid reader, a baker (Pies..cookies...HOMEMADE BREAD every day of my growing up life) .. a writer of prose and a poet. At some point may share one of her short poems about daily life. She loved Erma Bombeck's columns...and with 6 kids had plenty of her own material...would jot down quick poems at night about our days and life in a small house with 1 bathroom... in the quiet when she finally got everyone to bed. The family published on our own several volumes of her works over the years...(long before the iMAC books made that an easy endeavor!! ) but she also had a few pieces accepted later in life by some literary publications.

She and my dad would have been married 66 years this Thanksgiving. She went to nursing school on the GI bill, then met and married a young army WWII vet who was one of her patients (a bad boy who insisted, she and only she, give him a "bed bath") ...and as they say ...the rest is history. And family.

Thanks all for letting me say a few words. It's been therapeutic.. and the days ahead will be cathartic as we all get together to say the final goodbye. This has been so emotionally complex, and I know many many of you have dealt with this disease in your own families. We are not unique.

Peace to all of you...It has finally come for us.

May Peace be with you and yours in this time Mrs. Kathie. Celebrate your wonderful Mother and the strong love and wisdom she blessed you with. :hug:

Ruth Ann
11-09-2013, 11:08 AM
This week, we are now celebrating who my mother was for all the years before. An avid reader, a baker (Pies..cookies...HOMEMADE BREAD every day of my growing up life) .. a writer of prose and a poet. At some point may share one of her short poems about daily life. She loved Erma Bombeck's columns...and with 6 kids had plenty of her own material...would jot down quick poems at night about our days and life in a small house with 1 bathroom... in the quiet when she finally got everyone to bed.

Kathie - your mom sounds so much like mine! With 7 kids (added a few more after she died), a 2 bedroom house with one bath she could always relate to Bombeck and spent many an evening jotting down her own stories. Going back through her notebooks always gives me a smile and brings back some very happy memories.

Hugs to you and your family. :hug:

Skini mini
11-09-2013, 11:08 AM
Dear 65,
I'm so sorry for your loss. And from one Irishwoman to another:
May the road rise to meet you,
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
The rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of his hand.

schenectady
11-09-2013, 11:49 AM

Not.

AMEN.

65X65 = Please know that you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers today and in the future. Being close to you in age, I have recently been through the same loss and it really was a changing of the guard - the 5 siblings became the oldest generation and we have had to work to put together a new social order - no more Mom to be the glue that held us together.

There is not a day that goes by that I either want to talk to her or have some of her calm wisdom. I mourn her loss but also know it was her time - she had a virulent and incurable form of liver cancer (unknown to us but maybe not to her). Her life could only have descended into a h*ll that would have been insufferable.

She must have been an incredible influence on your life for you have remarkable wisdom and patience. You are an honor to her.

lisa32989
11-09-2013, 12:36 PM
Hi all
I'm starting this morning in the pool at the gym.
Then I'm canning sugar-free applesauce & cleaning house.

Social event with friends later.

Busy but fun & productive planned.

I'm staying off the scale for now but my clothes fit the same. And yesterday I donated MORE clothes (do they multiply?) that no longer fit & found 3 things to bring home from the re-sale shop: An Ann Taylor dress and from Talbots a polka dot coat and a pair of pants.

A couple of the donated items were tough to part with b/c I really liked them but a 3x jacket and a size 18 fitted iron-free blouse just didn't work anymore. I tried to wear the blouse to work yesterday, until I realized where the darts were and where they SHOULD be! It was time for it to find a new home. I'll be watching for sales from Coldwater Creek to replace that blouse with something that is more my size.

And Kathie: My mom will be visiting for a couple days this week as she travels across the country to her winter home. I'll be holding her a little closer...

IdealProteinNewbie
11-09-2013, 12:57 PM
65: Will be thinking of you.

Lisa: We want pictures in the new dress!

lisa32989
11-09-2013, 01:02 PM
Lisa: We want pictures in the new dress!
I need somewhere "nice enough" to wear it, first!
But I know my new boots will work for the shoes.

IdealProteinNewbie
11-09-2013, 01:06 PM

Girl, that's why "selfies" were invented! :D

44forever
11-09-2013, 02:19 PM
To the start of a new me! Day 1. I laid around in bed until almost noon...it was great! I did skip my bfast though. Is there a huge problem in skipping a meal now and then? Do I have to get up, eat and then go back to bed? We (hubby and I) have been empty nesters for almost 2 years now and are very comfortable in knowing that we can do what we want when we want in our house. I love it!

I had the garlic and herb chips. They were very flavourful but in the future I will use them as a bread. Maybe take an egg chopped up, some WF mayo and put the mixture between 2 chips.

We are going out this aft to do some food shopping so I am going to check out the WF stuff at the local grocer.

Have a good Saturday everyone!

lighthouse101
11-09-2013, 04:43 PM
65X65, so sorry for your loss and thanks for sharing beautiful memories of your mom with us.

sarahBell
11-09-2013, 04:45 PM

Not.

AMEN.

Awww sweetie I am so sorry for you loss :( :hug: Let the memories of your momma live on in your life and others :)

Ruth Ann
11-09-2013, 11:23 PM

I know the feeling! I need to go shopping for a couple of new to me outfits for holiday events - first time I've needed dress up clothes since I started and I'm excited to find out what will look good.

To the start of a new me! Day 1. I laid around in bed until almost noon...it was great! I did skip my bfast though. Is there a huge problem in skipping a meal now and then? Do I have to get up, eat and then go back to bed? We (hubby and I) have been empty nesters for almost 2 years now and are very comfortable in knowing that we can do what we want when we want in our house. I love it!

I had the garlic and herb chips. They were very flavourful but in the future I will use them as a bread. Maybe take an egg chopped up, some WF mayo and put the mixture between 2 chips.

We are going out this aft to do some food shopping so I am going to check out the WF stuff at the local grocer.

Have a good Saturday everyone!

Hooray for day one!

As far as skipping meals, in my opinion and I'm not an expert, but you really do need to get all your packets, protein and veggies in. This diet is low enough calorie that you really can't afford to miss any. Although staying in bed until noon sounds heavenly! Wish I could do that-I always seem to be up with the birds.

onmyway1014
11-10-2013, 12:06 AM
Kathie -
So sorry to hear of your loss. You will cherish your memories of your Mom forever. May you and your family find comfort in one another while you celebrate her life.

Slipfree
11-10-2013, 12:54 AM
65x65,

You have inherited your mother's gift with words. Thank you for sharing your beautiful memories with us. I wish you comfort and peace. Hope that your nephew is able to join all of you.

dak1lls
11-10-2013, 01:59 AM
65, I will be thinking of you as you lay your mother to rest. It is so hard to lose your mother, and I know the hurt you feel in your heart. What a wonderful legacy she has left, in you. It is so true that we live on in our children. You are a testament to the wonderful person she was. I believe she is dancing in Heaven! :hug::hug:

DoingitDeb
11-10-2013, 02:11 AM
Good evening! I restarted yesterday, after maintaining a 100 pound loss for a year. I have been 100% OP for two days and feeling great. The last year went pretty well, I went up 7 pounds, but I am READY to lose the last 57 lbs. I forgot that i really like the feeling on IP, I feel so in control with my limited choice…I always know what is for dinner- 6-8 ounces of meat and 2 cups of veggies…easy peasy most of the time.

thank you all for being here with all your support…I hope to add daily support for others too.

nighty night!

Ruth Ann
11-10-2013, 09:43 AM
Good evening! I restarted yesterday, after maintaining a 100 pound loss for a year. I have been 100% OP for two days and feeling great. The last year went pretty well, I went up 7 pounds, but I am READY to lose the last 57 lbs. I forgot that i really like the feeling on IP, I feel so in control with my limited choice…I always know what is for dinner- 6-8 ounces of meat and 2 cups of veggies…easy peasy most of the time.

thank you all for being here with all your support…I hope to add daily support for others too.

nighty night!

Congrats on maintaining such a huge loss for so long - what a great accomplishment! And welcome back!

lisa32989
11-10-2013, 12:12 PM

Maintaining 100 lb loss is fantastic! I'm so glad you have joined us. I agree on P1 being easy peasy most of the time.

I'm P4 and I'm finding if I have carb-heavy meals (I don't have total fun "days") I feel my feet & hands swell up. I don't like that feeling AT ALL and it will hopefully keep me grounded in a low carb lifestyle, which my body seems to prefer.

I was at a party last nite and enjoyed some treats (after 14 months of mostly P1). Noticed the pressure in my feet. I do.not.like that feeling! Today is a P1 day for sure! If it isn't gone, tomorrow and the next day will be too!

IdealProteinNewbie
11-10-2013, 01:05 PM
I went to my first ever consignment shop yesterday...I was in desperate need of jeans. Found a pair with the original tag on them ($189!) for $20!

lisa32989
11-10-2013, 02:20 PM
I went to my first ever consignment shop yesterday...I was in desperate need of jeans. Found a pair with the original tag on them ($189!) for $20!
See why I only buy new when I can't find it 2nd-hand first?
Yay for your find!!! I LOVE it when the clothes still have original tags!

We have some really nice thrift shops so I don't even do consignment...I'd probably have taken my last clothes to the consignment shop but I'm not a fan of the snooty attitude there...they are super picky about labels. I get better deals at the thrift stores & I can drop everything at one place AND get a tax receipt.

IdealProteinNewbie
11-10-2013, 06:17 PM
See why I only buy new when I can't find it 2nd-hand first?
Yay for your find!!! I LOVE it when the clothes still have original tags!

We have some really nice thrift shops so I don't even do consignment...I'd probably have taken my last clothes to the consignment shop but I'm not a fan of the snooty attitude there...they are super picky about labels. I get better deals at the thrift stores & I can drop everything at one place AND get a tax receipt.

The best part...it's a brand that I never would have fit into before (I believe they stop at size 14.)

44forever
11-10-2013, 06:42 PM

nighty night!

Hi Deb...good luck and congrats on starting up again. Wow...can't believe you kept off the weight for a year! You definitely have self control! It took only 6 months for me to gain back the almost 30lbs I lost when I was on the IP program about a year and a half ago.

44forever
11-10-2013, 06:48 PM
Day 2 was better. I just started getting a slight headache but only the first today so that is a leg up from yesterday.

I tried the mushroom, celery puree on my chicken and cabbage tonite. Delish! I put like 4 spices in it (the fresh ones you squeeze out of the tube) and the taste was excellent. Even my hubby loved it. He told me that he was going to eat the same suppers as me so this will make it so much easier.

onmyway1014
11-10-2013, 10:53 PM
IPN: Great shopping! What a bargain and what a NSV. I bet you'll be smiling everytime you wear them!

I've got to get myself to a second hand store now that I'm not plus sized and see what I can find.

My NSV: today I had my son take a picture of me in one leg of my old jeans. I saw it a magazine and saved 1 pair of my largest pants. I will think of this when i look in the mirror and still see what I thought was the old me.

Happy almost Monday everyone! Hope you all have a great week.

Ruth Ann
11-10-2013, 11:38 PM
Day 2 was better. I just started getting a slight headache but only the first today so that is a leg up from yesterday.

I tried the mushroom, celery puree on my chicken and cabbage tonite. Delish! I put like 4 spices in it (the fresh ones you squeeze out of the tube) and the taste was excellent. Even my hubby loved it. He told me that he was going to eat the same suppers as me so this will make it so much easier.

The headaches should disappear soon - I had them about the first week. Salt and tylenol or ibuprofen and some rest helped.

How wonderful that your dh is going to do the same dinners with you. Mine is doing the same thing - he just adds some carbs to his, etc. It works out well.

My NSV: today I had my son take a picture of me in one leg of my old jeans. I saw it a magazine and saved 1 pair of my largest pants. I will think of this when i look in the mirror and still see what I thought was the old me.

Oh, that's awesome - congrats! (now we want to see the pic!) I saved a pair of my largest pants also, if I get to feeling like I'm not losing fast enough I put them on just to remind me of how far I've come.

Lazy day for me or, as dh put it, "still resting as per doctor's orders". He's been a nag this week making me take it easy. It's actually kind of cute, but don't tell him that.

Worked on my menus for the next 2 weeks since my coach is going away for TG and it's a one-woman office. I'm going to have to stick to the low fiber diet for at least two more weeks so I'm being a little creative with menus for work, etc. Having to stick to only one soy product a day makes it challenging but I can do it!

Have the day off tomorrow and plan on doing more of nothing.

schenectady
11-11-2013, 11:01 AM

WOW - what a great find! Things like that make having to get new smaller clothes even more delicious.

We fortunately have a very large and very clean thrift store half a mile away. I have been going over 20 years, from when my kids were young, and not having to spend huge amounts of money on 'temporary' clothes is a relief.

They do well by me because they are likely to get all the clothes back in very good shape in a month or two or three!

Ruth Ann
11-12-2013, 09:33 AM
WOW - what a great find! Things like that make having to get new smaller clothes even more delicious.

We fortunately have a very large and very clean thrift store half a mile away. I have been going over 20 years, from when my kids were young, and not having to spend huge amounts of money on 'temporary' clothes is a relief.

They do well by me because they are likely to get all the clothes back in very good shape in a month or two or three!

My clinic has a pants exchange and has built up quite a collection. I "borrowed" a couple of pairs that only fit for a few weeks but it sure beats having to buy new!

Back to work for me today - a full day, I think, we'll see how I do.

Have a great 100% day everyone!

schenectady
11-12-2013, 11:12 AM
I am hanging in here having now lost all but 3 of the pounds I gained on my three week roadtrip with my son. My mind is headed back in the right direction, 100%.

This has been a valuable lesson for me in many ways. First, I DID discover that there are healthy ways of staying on plan and not feeling deprived. I also discovered how easy it is to slip off so quickly that it almost does not register. I feel fortunate that I caught it before it went too far.

But sad or good to see that the BAD habits of being so overweight did not leave me. The bingeing, overeating can pop right back up and derail all the positive that IP has done.

My lesson - I need to stay on the straight and narrow as much as possible because all those lovely fat cells I have still call and beckon to me to come back to the dark side!

DoingitDeb
11-12-2013, 01:24 PM
Congrats on maintaining such a huge loss for so long - what a great accomplishment! And welcome back!

Thank you! I will admit it had its ups and downs. I was struggling for a while before I chose to try and maintain for a year at the advice of my coach. She pointed out that I was very good at losing weight and gaining weight, but I needed to work on maintaining a weight, so I took a year and explored maintenance, but now I am READY to start maintaining a normal weight. I know I am good at losing so here I go! Glad you are with me.

Maintaining 100 lb loss is fantastic! I'm so glad you have joined us. I agree on P1 being easy peasy most of the time.

I'm P4 and I'm finding if I have carb-heavy meals (I don't have total fun "days") I feel my feet & hands swell up. I don't like that feeling AT ALL and it will hopefully keep me grounded in a low carb lifestyle, which my body seems to prefer.

I was at a party last nite and enjoyed some treats (after 14 months of mostly P1). Noticed the pressure in my feet. I do.not.like that feeling! Today is a P1 day for sure! If it isn't gone, tomorrow and the next day will be too!

Yes! I totally know of what you speak! Maintinance and all it choices can be quite a challenge. It is a time when you really have to listen to your body, once you get in tune with the language you realize your body has a lot to say. Swelling, pain, upset tummy, bloating…what did you eat. Energy, freedom in your body…what did you eat?

Hi Deb...good luck and congrats on starting up again. Wow...can't believe you kept off the weight for a year! You definitely have self control! It took only 6 months for me to gain back the almost 30lbs I lost when I was on the IP program about a year and a half ago.

Lol, self control has never been my strong suit, my lack of it ended up being my fat suit. I am just determined now. determined, determined, determined. I have made a mental shift to be sure and always think of being ABLE to eat all these whole foods. they are beautiful and tasty.

For my weight loss i have started to use the company Door-to-Door Organics. I love it the delivery me fresh (mostly local) veggies and my protein for the week. It is nice not going to the store. STILL, the store is very good at working my self-control, I have to say no to soo many things this country produces, because it is flat out BAD for me. Seriously, when you think of it 90% of what is in your local grocery is BAD for you.

Sorry for the :soap:. Hope everyone has a great OP day! :carrot:

lisa32989
11-13-2013, 08:41 AM
I am hanging in here having now lost all but 3 of the pounds I gained on my three week roadtrip with my son. My mind is headed back in the right direction, 100%.

This has been a valuable lesson for me in many ways. First, I DID discover that there are healthy ways of staying on plan and not feeling deprived. I also discovered how easy it is to slip off so quickly that it almost does not register. I feel fortunate that I caught it before it went too far.

But sad or good to see that the BAD habits of being so overweight did not leave me. The bingeing, overeating can pop right back up and derail all the positive that IP has done.

My lesson - I need to stay on the straight and narrow as much as possible because all those lovely fat cells I have still call and beckon to me to come back to the dark side!
A few of my lessons from regaining after Atkins:

the eating behaviors are only in remission and will return if we allow them back

We cannot return to former eating behaviors, whether it is amounts or types of food

If we learn nothing on P1 then we will regain.

There needs to be as much (if not MORE) focus on maintenance as there is on weight loss

Ruth Ann
11-13-2013, 10:32 AM
For my weight loss i have started to use the company Door-to-Door Organics. I love it the delivery me fresh (mostly local) veggies and my protein for the week. It is nice not going to the store. STILL, the store is very good at working my self-control, I have to say no to soo many things this country produces, because it is flat out BAD for me. Seriously, when you think of it 90% of what is in your local grocery is BAD for you.

Sorry for the :soap:. Hope everyone has a great OP day! :carrot:

I'm finding the longer I'm on P1 the less a lot of food appeals to me. I have my moments, but they are mostly just fleeting thoughts. What I miss right now is the variety of veggies I can have - hopefully getting the okay from my dr to resume a regular fiber diet next week.

Have a great day all!

Ruth Ann
11-13-2013, 12:59 PM
ok, I'm officially proud of myself! Had my weigh in this am (missed last week) and am down 4 lbs in the last two weeks and nearly 8 inches. Most of the inches came off my lower abdomen where the hernia was. Amazing. I guess I didn't realize how distended I really was.

Coach took new pics today - I will share when she sends them to me (even though the "before" pics make me cringe).

schenectady
11-13-2013, 01:28 PM
ok, I'm officially proud of myself! Had my weigh in this am (missed last week) and am down 4 lbs in the last two weeks and nearly 8 inches. Most of the inches came off my lower abdomen where the hernia was. Amazing. I guess I didn't realize how distended I really was.

Coach took new pics today - I will share when she sends them to me (even though the "before" pics make me cringe).

Cannot wait to see the photos as I am sure they will be great inspiration for those of us following you.

Thanks to the wise words from you all in my 'back on the program' challenge. I can say that it is finally taking. Lisa, you are always an inspiration with just the right words and validation that this is a challenge I will face ALL MY LIFE and that is will not go away no matter how successful I may be in losing the weight...I will have to study maintenance like a maniac and learn to always be reflecting on what I am putting in my mouth.

Deb - I loved your description of the "fat suit" behind which some of us hide! Good visual image when I am struggling.

I was right on the program this morning, ready to hit the world running...that is until I stumbled and dropped my freshly made IP omelet on the Oriental carpet. Hummm...ten second rule? Four dollars a packet? Pick it up, blow it off and remember that is how we can build immunity by not being so picky about everything not antibacterial.

(I know when we five kids were growing up, before seatbelts, before locking houses up when leaving, etc we would often come in and sit down, telling my mom we had washed our hands when we did not...and other less than immaculate habits. Needless to say, all five of us are 60+/- and in great health with no major issues. It was a great time growing up in the 50's!

emsmom97
11-13-2013, 02:09 PM
NSV/Scale victory today....met with my trainer at the gym. She always asks what my loss was for the week as she knows I weigh in on Tuesdays. (Notice she asks what my LOSS is since she knows I WILL lose) Anyways....I told her down 3.6 this week for a total of 22 pounds in just over a month. She just laughed and keeps saying I don't really need her...my jeans are falling off on their own. (in fact, the other day I was desperate to use the bathroom (aren't we all with all the water?) and I didn't undo my jeans...they just came right off! I didn't notice that until I went to pull them back up and just slid them on)

IdealProteinNewbie
11-13-2013, 02:09 PM

:carrot: You should be proud!

emsmom97
11-13-2013, 02:10 PM

Great job! Can't wait to see the pics.

Ruth Ann
11-13-2013, 06:15 PM
NSV/Scale victory today....met with my trainer at the gym. She always asks what my loss was for the week as she knows I weigh in on Tuesdays. (Notice she asks what my LOSS is since she knows I WILL lose) Anyways....I told her down 3.6 this week for a total of 22 pounds in just over a month. She just laughed and keeps saying I don't really need her...my jeans are falling off on their own. (in fact, the other day I was desperate to use the bathroom (aren't we all with all the water?) and I didn't undo my jeans...they just came right off! I didn't notice that until I went to pull them back up and just slid them on)

I loved it the first time that happened! It's so surprising - great NSV and great losses! Yahoo! :broc:

:carrot: You should be proud!

Great job! Can't wait to see the pics.

Thanks guys! I was just hoping to maintain through all this so it's been a great surprise to actually lose!

SkinnyChiz
11-13-2013, 07:55 PM
I have just started this week. I am really excited to get going. I know the initial headaches and hungar will be worth it. I know that that one cupcake isn't worth it. I choose to have support around me and not people who will bring me down. That's why I'm here!
Cheers to all of you who are succeeding .

lighthouse101
11-13-2013, 10:17 PM
I have just started this week. I am really excited to get going. I know the initial headaches and hungar will be worth it. I know that that one cupcake isn't worth it. I choose to have support around me and not people who will bring me down. That's why I'm here!
Cheers to all of you who are succeeding .

Welcome and good for you for starting off with lots of support and positivity! Take it a day or even a meal at a time if necessary in the beginning, and check-in here regularly with any questions or for encouragement.

lisa32989
11-14-2013, 01:31 AM
Hi all. Quick check in. SUPER busy week...preparing the visual display for the trivia fundraiser on Friday nite PLUS I'm on jury duty by day (all day - interesting but...is there EVER a good time to leave your "regular" routine?).

My parents visited for 2.5 days so I got a short visit with them before they finish traveling cross-country for the winter. The size loss was noticable to them since I last saw them...nice to get that feedback since the !@#$% scale stayed stuck

Ruth Ann
11-14-2013, 09:03 AM
Good for you Lisa for doing jury duty! I got a summons recently but was excused from this round because of my surgery. Just remember, if it's a trial you really don't want to be on just start every answer with "according to the prophesy..." (I'm kidding, I'm kidding!) :D

Nice you got to see your folks and that they noticed the loss - isn't it nice? Going to see some family I haven't seen in awhile for Thanksgiving - some who know I've been losing and some who don't. It will be interesting to see reactions.

I actually bought a sweater dress yesterday in a size 14 and it looks good - wow, I was amazed when I put it on. Going to have to find some tights to go with it but I almost cried when I looked in the mirror - I have curves again! Dh was properly appreciative too. :)

lisa32989
11-14-2013, 09:11 AM
I did a HAPPY DANCE when the curves came back!
Congrats on that.
Isn't is great to be out of the plus sizes and shopping in normal sized stores again? (Yet overwhelming at first?)

I was SELELECTED for the jury.
I didn't get to answer too many questions. It seems people trying to get out if it hogged most of the "spotlight".
The next couple weeks will be super busy at work while I play catch-up on this.

mom2hi
11-14-2013, 12:51 PM
I started IP last summer and was within 20 lbs of my goal, when I don't know what happened...well, I do know, I completely got comfortable and excited about my new body and started celebrating. The celebration didn't really work out, as I'm now back at square one, well, not completely square one, but I do need to change my current weight (was 155, now 216). :(

I am so inspired by this thread. During my first attempt I was 100% OP, it is the only way for me. Just spent the past hour reading, and am so inspired by many of you. I have experienced many other changes this past year, but the one that I really really want is to be at my goal for good. Thank you for sharing your trials and successes. I hope to do the same.

Ruth Ann
11-14-2013, 09:46 PM
As promised, here are my progress pics

This one is April 2013:

http://i876.photobucket.com/albums/ab325/ruthann175/April222013-1.jpg

This one is November 2013:

http://i876.photobucket.com/albums/ab325/ruthann175/11132013-1.jpg

I couldn't figure out how to post them side by side. Didn't realize until I saw the pic that the blouse I was wearing last week is way too big!

lighthouse101
11-14-2013, 10:19 PM

I couldn't figure out how to post them side by side. Didn't realize until I saw the pic that the blouse I was wearing last week is way too big!

Wow - way to go Ruth Ann!

airportchick11
11-14-2013, 10:38 PM

Absolutely awesome!!

sarahBell
11-14-2013, 10:52 PM

This one is April 2013:

WOW!! You look amazing :hug:

IdealProteinNewbie
11-14-2013, 10:52 PM
Ruth Ann: You look great...look at those skinny little legs!

onmyway1014
11-14-2013, 10:58 PM
Wow!! RuthAnn - You go girl! What a difference!'

Ruth Ann
11-14-2013, 11:39 PM
Wow - way to go Ruth Ann!

Absolutely awesome!!

WOW!! You look amazing :hug:

Ruth Ann: You look great...look at those skinny little legs!

Wow!! RuthAnn - You go girl! What a difference!'

Thanks guys! This has been an amazing journey - can't wait to see what I look like in another 30 lbs!

Ruth Ann
11-14-2013, 11:48 PM
I did a HAPPY DANCE when the curves came back!
Congrats on that.
Isn't is great to be out of the plus sizes and shopping in normal sized stores again? (Yet overwhelming at first?)

It is great to be out of plus sizes - I just unsubscribed myself from the Lane Bryant sale emails! It is overwhelming though - there's so much variety in clothes now. I've always hated shopping for clothes but I think I'm going to learn to love it!

I started IP last summer and was within 20 lbs of my goal, when I don't know what happened...well, I do know, I completely got comfortable and excited about my new body and started celebrating. The celebration didn't really work out, as I'm now back at square one, well, not completely square one, but I do need to change my current weight (was 155, now 216). :(

I am so inspired by this thread. During my first attempt I was 100% OP, it is the only way for me. Just spent the past hour reading, and am so inspired by many of you. I have experienced many other changes this past year, but the one that I really really want is to be at my goal for good. Thank you for sharing your trials and successes. I hope to do the same.

Welcome back momtohi! Can't wait to hear about all your successes!

dak1lls
11-15-2013, 12:55 AM
RuthAnn, I am so glad I popped in tonight! You look great! Congrats on your success so far!

Hiker88
11-15-2013, 12:58 AM

This one is April 2013:

How great to see your pictures!! Wonderful!! Congrats!!! Inspiring for me!!

Ruth Ann
11-15-2013, 10:58 AM
RuthAnn, I am so glad I popped in tonight! You look great! Congrats on your success so far!

How great to see your pictures!! Wonderful!! Congrats!!! Inspiring for me!!

Thanks dak & hiker - I'm just tickled at how well IP works. I have to have dh take lots of pics because I don't always believe what I see in the mirror (figure my brain will retrain itself sooner or later!).

Hooray for Friday! I'm looking forward to a couple of days off although I have a huge list of "to dos". We'll see how many get done.

DoingitDeb
11-15-2013, 11:04 AM
Weigh in #1- 8 lbs! I love IP! 100% OP for me!

Ruth Ann
11-15-2013, 11:07 AM
Weigh in #1- 8 lbs! I love IP! 100% OP for me!

Congrats Deb - that's a great loss! :broc:

emsmom97
11-15-2013, 11:27 AM

This one is April 2013:

WOW! You look amazing!!! Congrats.

GettinHealthyNow
11-15-2013, 12:24 PM

Congratulations Ruth Ann! You look great!

mom2hi
11-15-2013, 02:13 PM
Ruth Ann, you just look amazing! WTG on your transformation.

Thank you also, for the welcome. Day 2 OP, going well, except pretty tired...I forgot how it feels until you get to ketosis. Going to "white knuckle" it as someone suggested on here until I get to that point.

Hope you all have a great day OP!

Ruth Ann
11-15-2013, 05:56 PM
WOW! You look amazing!!! Congrats.

Congratulations Ruth Ann! You look great!

Ruth Ann, you just look amazing! WTG on your transformation.

Thank you also, for the welcome. Day 2 OP, going well, except pretty tired...I forgot how it feels until you get to ketosis. Going to "white knuckle" it as someone suggested on here until I get to that point.

Hope you all have a great day OP!

Thanks guys! I love this board - it's like having my own cheerleading squad!

mom2hi - be sure to be nice to yourself while you're getting back into ketosis. Take a hot bath, a nap, etc. Pampering yourself is important!

IdealProteinNewbie
11-15-2013, 06:00 PM
Lisa: Hope you're able to relax this weekend after jury duty!

sonolady
11-15-2013, 06:44 PM
Ruth Ann OMG you look amazing! Congratulations IP POWER

saskgirl
11-15-2013, 10:25 PM
Congrats Ruth Ann!!
Your results definitley reflect all your hard work and commitment!!

FitMom02
11-15-2013, 10:27 PM

This one is April 2013:

Wow!! You are a success...congratulations!

Ruth Ann
11-15-2013, 10:52 PM
Ruth Ann OMG you look amazing! Congratulations IP POWER

Congrats Ruth Ann!!
Your results definitley reflect all your hard work and commitment!!

Wow!! You are a success...congratulations!

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I feel like a success! It's amazing to feel in control for the first time in, well.... forever.

dak1lls
11-16-2013, 01:28 AM
Thank you, thank you, thank you! I feel like a success! It's amazing to feel in control for the first time in, well.... forever.

Ruth Ann, you really summed it up well. It feels so great to finally be in control! It is a very empowering feeling.

SkinnyChiz
11-16-2013, 04:35 AM
Loving all the encouragement to each other. So important to be positive ! I'm on my first week and I feel great. Love seeing stories like Ruth Ann 's . Great motivation. Keep it up ladies!

DoingitDeb
11-16-2013, 10:54 AM
Thanks ruthann! You look incredible great journey you've been on! To start a work week for me and start of week two I am excited to be on IP OP!

locks
11-16-2013, 10:57 AM
Amazing Ruth You look really good....!!!

Morning everyone~~ Day 5, for me, feeling good, I dont think i have spent so much time cutting vegtables lol. I find I have to pack my snacks bigger, people around me always grab some....:carrot:

vachinyc
11-16-2013, 11:10 AM
Ruth Ann your pictures are fantastic. You must be so proud. Congrats!

Ruth Ann
11-16-2013, 01:00 PM
Thanks ruthann! You look incredible great journey you've been on! To start a work week for me and start of week two I am excited to be on IP OP!

Amazing Ruth You look really good....!!!

Morning everyone~~ Day 5, for me, feeling good, I dont think i have spent so much time cutting vegtables lol. I find I have to pack my snacks bigger, people around me always grab some....:carrot:

Ruth Ann your pictures are fantastic. You must be so proud. Congrats!

Thanks again everyone - great big smile this morning!

Locks - prep does take some time but it is so worth it. I have learned to pre-plan, have a Plan B and a plan for the "worst case scenario." Saved my behind more than once!

lisa32989
11-16-2013, 01:10 PM
Thanks again everyone - great big smile this morning!

Locks - prep does take some time but it is so worth it. I have learned to pre-plan, have a Plan B and a plan for the "worst case scenario." Saved my behind more than once!
OMG veggies can be time consuming. That was the first thing I noticed when I started IP. But this is the time we're SUPPOSED to spend in the kitchen for healthy eating (rather than grab-and-go or so much processed food). Now that I'm doing p4 I eat MORE veggies but still mainly from select list. Last nite, green beans were the only choice (besides slaw or starchy sides) & it is nice not to stress over that. I got double green beans with my smoked beef and called it a day.

And planning save my butt too! Plan A, B, C

mom2hi
11-16-2013, 06:31 PM
Love the way you all say "IP Power!" It really ties in to the idea that we are in control of our food, our lives, our outlook, etc.

Day 3, still 100% OP. Did take some time and relax this morning, one little one had a sleep over, and daddy took our little girl out to breakfast. I lingered over coffee and my IP drink. Felt indulgent, but good.

Have a great day, all! I have an all day long vendor show tomorrow, busy cutting up my veggies to pack in a little cooler with my drinks. Planning is the key to this diet, right?

KookySuki
11-16-2013, 11:05 PM
Love the way you all say "IP Power!" It really ties in to the idea that we are in control of our food, our lives, our outlook, etc.

Day 3, still 100% OP. Did take some time and relax this morning, one little one had a sleep over, and daddy took our little girl out to breakfast. I lingered over coffee and my IP drink. Felt indulgent, but good.

Have a great day, all! I have an all day long vendor show tomorrow, busy cutting up my veggies to pack in a little cooler with my drinks. Planning is the key to this diet, right?

I love quiet mornings with my coffee and IP drinks. It's nice because I don't have to worry about cooking anything and dishes are very minimal! Good job at preparing for your day tomorrow! I agree that preparation is key on this plan.

Ruth Ann
11-16-2013, 11:33 PM
I love quiet mornings and sipping my coffee with whatever flavor I decided on. I really tried eating food for breakfast and I can't do it. Before IP I would take my breakfast to work and munch on it while I got set up for the day.

Avalon1957
11-17-2013, 07:56 AM
I am curious ... what is the longest anyone has stayed on Phase 1 with no cheating? And are there any health drawbacks to being so carb restricted for so long?

I am nearly 4 months in being 100% on phase 1 ... and I almost get the feeling that my body is asking/begging for carbs (am I nuts? ... or is that normal?)

Is it bad to be so carb and calorie restricted for extended periods of time?

Should I give my body a "break" from this sort of extreme treatment after 3 or 4 months?
Or is that just the slippery slope calling my name (disguised as a "health concern")?

lisa32989
11-17-2013, 10:14 AM
I did for 10 months before I plateaued the first time and cycled thru the phases & then returned to p1. Others have stayed P1 way longer than that. I wouldn't have switched it up had I still been losing. Low carb can be hard on thyroid for some folks and I was one.

There are other VLC plans that suggest a cycle of lowest carb & then higher carb before returning to VLC. For myself, I had a long time fear of deviating merely b/c I didn't trust myself with more choices due to previous binge behavior.

You are doing IP in SUCH a restricted way...how about adding other select veggies & changing-up some of what you're eating? I know I couldn't stick to eating the same thing all the time. Variety adds work but it also kept me going.

sonolady
11-17-2013, 10:18 AM
Good morning all! P4 starts today and lost weight on P2 and P3. I've been doing alot of reading I love the book many have suggested, "The art of low carb living". Its definitely a way of life not a diet, having been a carbaholic always, its eye opening for me. It makes so much sense as to how I ended up on IP. The thought of low carb, moderate protein and high fat is so scary, but thats the plan, the scientists say. Its pretty difficult being a vegetarian, I'll have to do some modifications, "they" say no legumes, no soy? I'll be tooo limited.

It took me 5 months to lose 30lbs, much longer than I thought it would , on one hand it was only 5 months, on the other hand it was a long 5 months. I made it, I am in awe of all of you who have done IP longer and have much more to lose, you are all amazingly strong people! Kudos to you all!

Avalon1957
11-17-2013, 11:22 AM
Thanks Lisa, that was helpful! Yes, I will try to change things up a bit, good idea.\

And way to go sonolady! You made it! That's a big gold star to you!!

Ruth Ann
11-17-2013, 12:33 PM
I've been on IP for nearly 7 months with really great losses (I don't count the month of testing, surgery and recovery even though I lost some during that time). I figure if I am not having any issues I can keep at it until I hit goal. My doctor keeps an eye on me so if there is an issue she'll catch it - she does my bloodwork (including thyroid) every 90 days and so far I've done wonderfully.

Lisa showed me the importance of keeping an eye on my thyroid function and the problems that can come up (I learn a lot from Lisa!).

From what I have read, most people have very little problem staying on IP for an extended period. I figure I'll be nearly a year by the time I'm done - maybe more depending on where my final goal ends up being. But I'm trying not to put a timeline on my weight loss, it will come off but I can't be impatient and start saying "it has to be done by X date." Kind of feels like I'm setting myself up for disappointment if I do that.

So that doesn't answer your question, but it does solidify some thinking I've been tossing around in my brain!

dak1lls
11-17-2013, 01:32 PM
Good morning all! P4 starts today and lost weight on P2 and P3. I've been doing alot of reading I love the book many have suggested, "The art of low carb living". Its definitely a way of life not a diet, having been a carbaholic always, its eye opening for me. It makes so much sense as to how I ended up on IP. The thought of low carb, moderate protein and high fat is so scary, but thats the plan, the scientists say. Its pretty difficult being a vegetarian, I'll have to do some modifications, "they" say no legumes, no soy? I'll be tooo limited.

It took me 5 months to lose 30lbs, much longer than I thought it would , on one hand it was only 5 months, on the other hand it was a long 5 months. I made it, I am in awe of all of you who have done IP longer and have much more to lose, you are all amazingly strong people! Kudos to you all!

WTG Sonolady! I was on P1 a little over 5 months and also marvel at the length of time others have spent on their IP journey. Congratulations on reaching your goal.

sonolady
11-17-2013, 01:56 PM
dak1lls Thank you, I see you are well below your goal! Congrats!

Ruth Ann
11-18-2013, 10:07 AM
dak & sonolady - you guys are so inspirational! So good to see people make it to their goal!

Busy Monday for me. More tests (yuk) and tons to do at work. I think we need more 3 day weekends!

Have a great 100% day everyone!

PrettyMom09
11-18-2013, 10:24 AM
I am back on 100% Phase 1 starting today. I gained 4 pounds during the week I was doing Phase 3. I'm hoping I can lose at least those 4 extra pounds this week. I have to think positively, so I can make it through the week!! I was invited to a dinner party on Thursday night, but I'm determined not to let that derail my progress, I will make an excuse not to eat if they don't have low carb options.

mom2hi
11-18-2013, 02:15 PM
Well planning worked! Was at an all dayblong event yesterday where they served pulled pork and pasta salad for lunch. I just ate my cukes and drank ny shakes. Day 5, feeling good ketosis must be kixking in.

Hope you gave a great day!

schenectady
11-18-2013, 04:12 PM
Please, would all of you 100% people kick me in the you-know-what so that I can feel guilty and feel shamed into getting back on the program. I have not gone crazy wild eating anything bad, but I cannot find the motivation and drive I had before.

Feel a bit lost and ashamed and mad and ...........

patns
11-18-2013, 04:19 PM
I am back on 100% Phase 1 starting today. I gained 4 pounds during the week I was doing Phase 3. I'm hoping I can lose at least those 4 extra pounds this week. I have to think positively, so I can make it through the week!! I was invited to a dinner party on Thursday night, but I'm determined not to let that derail my progress, I will make an excuse not to eat if they don't have low carb options.

This is what happened to me in phase 3 too. I think people who gain in phase 3 are likely gluten intolerant. Try emlinating grains and see if that helps.

PrettyMom09
11-18-2013, 04:34 PM
This is what happened to me in phase 3 too. I think people who gain in phase 3 are likely gluten intolerant. Try emlinating grains and see if that helps.

Thanks Patns! I'm actually not done with Phase 1 yet. I did Phase 3 for one week to help break a stall. I don't know if it will work or not, but it was worth a shot. Also, I learned that I really need to be careful and count every calorie once I start maintenance.

lisa32989
11-18-2013, 05:17 PM
Please, would all of you 100% people kick me in the you-know-what so that I can feel guilty and feel shamed into getting back on the program. I have not gone crazy wild eating anything bad, but I cannot find the motivation and drive I had before.

Feel a bit lost and ashamed and mad and ...........
If being shamed "into it" would have worked, I would never have gotten to 260! Shaming doesn't work. The motiviation has to come from self love "inside"

I'm not sure where the inner motivation/drive comes from but once I got it I held onto it for dear life, protecting it against EVERYTHING (which is why I stayed 100% no matter what)

Have you tried picking a date for return to plan?
When I first started IP, I chose a date. DH actually tried to get me to start sooner but I stuck to my guns and started when I said I was starting. It worked for me.

The Beck Diet Solution program has resources for people to help them with motivation (making lists, etc). Would THAT help?

I forget if you're working with a coach or not. If so, have they given any helpful ideas?

We can't talk about it in the 100 thread, but how far off are you? PM me. Let's chat. All is certainly not lost

Ruth Ann
11-18-2013, 11:22 PM
Well planning worked! Was at an all dayblong event yesterday where they served pulled pork and pasta salad for lunch. I just ate my cukes and drank ny shakes. Day 5, feeling good ketosis must be kixking in.

Hope you gave a great day!

Congrats mom2hi! Learning to plan early on is such a good habit!

I really hope this works for you PrettyMom - keeping my fingers crossed.

IdealProteinNewbie
11-19-2013, 10:20 AM
If being shamed "into it" would have worked, I would never have gotten to 260! Shaming doesn't work. The motiviation has to come from self love "inside"

I'm not sure where the inner motivation/drive comes from but once I got it I held onto it for dear life, protecting it against EVERYTHING (which is why I stayed 100% no matter what)

Have you tried picking a date for return to plan?
When I first started IP, I chose a date. DH actually tried to get me to start sooner but I stuck to my guns and started when I said I was starting. It worked for me.

The Beck Diet Solution program has resources for people to help them with motivation (making lists, etc). Would THAT help?

I forget if you're working with a coach or not. If so, have they given any helpful ideas?

We can't talk about it in the 100 thread, but how far off are you? PM me. Let's chat. All is certainly not lost

LIKE!

My coach tells her dieters that unless "it has clicked in their mind" they should not begin IP (or any diet/eating plan for that matter.)

She has seen too many husbands or wives whose spouses "made" them start. They either didn't lose or lost and then regained it all.

ems70508
11-19-2013, 10:27 AM

This couldn't be more perfect. Before IP, when I was on some sort of 'diet' and i'd 'cheat'...I'd always think to myself, gosh...why don't I have motivation like others? I knew it was because I was ashamed of myself. I didn't want to draw attention to myself, so I stayed hidden. The love that I have for myself is what keeps me going. The fact that I want to get married, have children, be active and enjoy shopping...that I want to love those activities as well...that's what keeps me going! I'm holding on tightly because I know if turn back, it won't help...only hurt!

locks
11-19-2013, 11:37 AM
LIKE!

My coach tells her dieters that unless "it has clicked in their mind" they should not begin IP (or any diet/eating plan for that matter.)

She has seen too many husbands or wives whose spouses "made" them start. They either didn't lose or lost and then regained it all.

Same for me, she said sometimes she tells people they arent ready. When I started the first time I read here for a month and had a good idea what was in store for me. Some people dont realize its a big commitment.......we are changing how we fuel our bodies.......for a lifetime.

schenectady
11-19-2013, 11:57 AM
I'm back - one day 100%! It took me only 5 weeks, but I did it. It has clicked again and I am again committed to 100%.

Thank you to all who have been so supportive and wise to those of us who fall. I have seen that for me, I MUST stay 100%. For me, one slip leads to another and then the disappointment from that leads to more wishy washy little cheats and unconscious eating.

So, hang in there with me. Hope this is the end of the roller coaster ride of the past weeks!

DoingitDeb
11-19-2013, 12:37 PM
Ladies~
I have been super busy! But also OP! Keep on losing ladies! Keep on losing!

lisa32989
11-19-2013, 01:00 PM
Same for me, she said sometimes she tells people they arent ready. When I started the first time I read here for a month and had a good idea what was in store for me. Some people dont realize its a big commitment.......we are changing how we fuel our bodies.......for a lifetime.
I did the same...read for at least a month before I started the plan.
You are exactly right. I think many people start this plan and don't realize what a commitment it really is. And you are also right that it needs to remain a commitment if we are going to maintain the weight we lose, which means not going back to previous eating behaviors and not going back to eating the things we were eating that got us fat in the first place.

IP has taught me a lot of self-control. I think if I had not been 100% I would not have learned the same self-control (sneaking tastes, cheats, and/or a devil-May-care attitude is not what got me to where I am now).

emsmom97
11-19-2013, 01:03 PM
I did the same...read for at least a month before I started the plan.
You are exactly right. I think many people start this plan and don't realize what a commitment it really is. And you are also right that it needs to remain a commitment if we are going to maintain the way we lose, which means not going back to previous eating behaviors and not going back to eating the things we were eating that got us fat in the first place.

IP has taught me a lot of self-control. I think if I had not been 100% I would not have learned the same self-control (sneaking tastes, cheats, and/or a devil-May-care attitude is not what got me to where I am now).

I agree, Lisa. It took me a while to start the plan, but once I did, I was 100% committed to myself and it. Have lost steadily over the last 6 weeks. Even those weeks I felt that I gained (like this one), I lost. My mind is in it for the long haul and that really helps....so does seeing the scale go down, even the tiniest bit.

Funny thing is, my doctor told me to enjoy Thanksgiving next week. But he knows that I really have learned self-control. The choices I make now are very different from the ones I made a year ago. I plan, think ahead, choose wisely. Staying 100% OP is very important to me, so I do it!

dak1lls
11-19-2013, 05:28 PM

I know it is so vital to be ready to make any change, especially something like this diet. I was so ready to start IP and made it really clear to my DH that changes were a comin'! He was ready as well, and just needed that little nudge of me starting. Of course I am the cook, so he was pretty much stuck with it anyway. lol.

I know I would not have done so well on IP if I had not been in such a place mentally, as I was in May. I will never regret my decision to do this. It is one of the best decisions of my life! I so appreciate the support of this web site and all of you Fat (soon to be skinny) Chicks! Thank you all for being there with your posts, knowledge, advice, stories, complaints, and victories. This has been so vital to my success. :hug:

GettinHealthyNow
11-19-2013, 06:16 PM
I know I would not have done so well on IP if I had not been in such a place mentally, as I was in May. I will never regret my decision to do this. It is one of the best decisions of my life! I so appreciate the support of this web site and all of you Fat (soon to be skinny) Chicks! Thank you all for being there with your posts, knowledge, advice, stories, complaints, and victories. This has been so vital to my success. :hug:

Hear, hear!!

Ruth Ann
11-19-2013, 11:22 PM
So many great thoughts today! I love hearing about how motivated people are - shows I'm not alone on this journey.

I was so sick of being fat and tried and having all the health problems that came with it but was afraid I couldn't lose weight. I'd never been on a structured diet before, just "watching my eating" which led me to "watching" my weight get totally out of control! Wasn't sure I could do it, but I read here for a long time before starting and got motivated. And I'm so glad I did!

Ruth Ann
11-20-2013, 12:26 PM
And today just made me even more motivated - 7 months on IP, 80 pounds gone forever! And that included a slow down when I had surgery. I did a happy dance and then cried when 177 came up on the scale.

M0vingon
11-20-2013, 01:27 PM
And today just made me even more motivated - 7 months on IP, 80 pounds gone forever! And that included a slow down when I had surgery. I did a happy dance and then cried when 177 came up on the scale.

:congrat: :hug:

lisa32989
11-20-2013, 01:36 PM
Ruthann
:spin: :cp: :dancer:

dak1lls
11-20-2013, 01:40 PM

Congratulations Ruth Ann! WTG! Woot Woot! :carrot:

dmccoy
11-20-2013, 02:21 PM
Hi all, this thread is great btw. Thank you all for your positive support and comments, I've learned a lot. Any suggestions for me to boost my losses? I started on October 21st, been using alternative products. First week I lost 7.5, I was super happy, 2nd 1.6, 3rd 1.9, 4th 1.3. With what I've seen and the numbers others are losing, I think I should be losing it quicker. I've been 100% OP, no cheating at all whatsoever. I know some might have more to lose than I do, and some even less, but they are still losing 3 or more pounds a week.
Any ideas? No, its not TOM, yes, I am getting in my water, salt and oil. :?:

FutureFitChick
11-20-2013, 02:30 PM
Hi, Everyone.

I have been using alternatives for over a year, but have not been 100% compliant (sometimes no where near that) since February or so. My weight has crept up a bit, and I need some accountability to be 100% on plan. So, here I am.

I have been exhausted physically and emotionally, but it is a chicken or egg deal how much of that has to do with my diet and lack of willingness to prepare healthy meals. Today, I am going to get the rest of my water in (still need to drink ~40 ounces worth, so I will be up a lot tonight). I am going to make my lunch, which will be a salad, zucchini cooked in olive oil, and some soy puffs. Dinner tonight will be salmon, mashed cauliflower, and a side salad.

Thanks, Everyone!

RuthAnn, congratulations! That is really fantastic.

Lisa, you are exactly right with the cheats/bites, and the devil-will-care attitude. I let other things become my priority over my health. I am glad I have not had too much of a backslide. I hope now that I am posting here, I can get support from some of you that understand so I can truly be 100%. THANKS!

PrettyMom09
11-20-2013, 02:51 PM

Congratulations Ruth Ann!!! You're so close to goal!

vachinyc
11-20-2013, 02:52 PM

Congrats!:carrot:

dak1lls
11-20-2013, 04:56 PM
Hi all, this thread is great btw. Thank you all for your positive support and comments, I've learned a lot. Any suggestions for me to boost my losses? I started on October 21st, been using alternative products. First week I lost 7.5, I was super happy, 2nd 1.6, 3rd 1.9, 4th 1.3. With what I've seen and the numbers others are losing, I think I should be losing it quicker. I've been 100% OP, no cheating at all whatsoever. I know some might have more to lose than I do, and some even less, but they are still losing 3 or more pounds a week.
Any ideas? No, its not TOM, yes, I am getting in my water, salt and oil. :?:

Your stats are similar to mine. I lost 8 lbs the first week, then 2, then 1, several weeks of just over a pound, and a week of zero loss, and then a gain! I ended up losing 50 lbs in 5 months. I was 100% OP and never cheated once. Everyone is different, most people who lose larger amounts are much heavier, but for the most part you are right in line with my losses and many of the others I have seen here. As long as you are following the protocol you should just relax into the routine and know that the losses will come. Also, I lost inches almost every single week. My average weight loss per week by the time I hit goal was 2.5 lbs. You are averaging just over 3 lbs per week to date. That is awesome! You will have some heavier loss weeks along the way too. Make sure you are drinking plenty of water. Hang in there.

dmccoy
11-20-2013, 09:23 PM
Your stats are similar to mine. I lost 8 lbs the first week, then 2, then 1, several weeks of just over a pound, and a week of zero loss, and then a gain! I ended up losing 50 lbs in 5 months. I was 100% OP and never cheated once. Everyone is different, most people who lose larger amounts are much heavier, but for the most part you are right in line with my losses and many of the others I have seen here. As long as you are following the protocol you should just relax into the routine and know that the losses will come. Also, I lost inches almost every single week. My average weight loss per week by the time I hit goal was 2.5 lbs. You are averaging just over 3 lbs per week to date. That is awesome! You will have some heavier loss weeks along the way too. Make sure you are drinking plenty of water. Hang in there.

Thank you very much for the reply. It does make me feel better. I was beginning to think this diet was 'not for me'. I've never been very good at being patient. :)

Ruth Ann
11-20-2013, 10:12 PM
Thanks everyone! I am still super excited! I have lost 20 inches from my waist which is just amazing to me. I was just telling dh last week that I didn't feel like I was losing many inches in my waist and was frustrated - guess my mirror was lying to me again because 20 is a lot!

I hope now that I am posting here, I can get support from some of you that understand so I can truly be 100%. THANKS!

Glad you are back 100%! It's not always easy but you really can do anything you set your mind to.

Thank you very much for the reply. It does make me feel better. I was beginning to think this diet was 'not for me'. I've never been very good at being patient. :)

Patience is not one of my virtues either. You've really had good losses like dak said (always listen to dak, she is wise). Hang in there, the weight will come off but everyone is different and loses differently. I know it's hard not to compare yourself to others, but it really is an individual journey and sometimes we just have to trust that it is working and let it happen. Not easy I know!

onmyway1014
11-20-2013, 11:32 PM
Ruth Ann - :congrat: Way to go.

I rejoined the Y yesterday and just got home from my first Zumba class. I have always wanted to try it but never would have stepped foot into a class at 292 lbs.
It was a lot of fun and I will definitely continue, and hopefully get better at it. watching myself try to dance in the mirror to those fast latin songs and make my body move like the instructors was one of the funniest things I have seen in a long time. I never realized just how uncoordinated I really am! :) at least I was able to laugh at myself.