Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2013, 04:08 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Peacock View Post
This is what I have been told (several times):

To substitute for IP packet - 1 whole egg plus 3 egg whites
To substitute for "meat protein meal" - 4 whole eggs plus 2 egg whites.

My other info, however, seems to vary on how many egg whites added to packets would count as "free" - some say one, others say two.
The thinking with this is that 4 egg whites: 4 X6 = 24 g protein... that is high for 1 meal that is supposed to "mimic" an IP meal.... 3 total egg whites = 18 which is more in line. I always choose to err on the safe side when I use this as an alternative..

As we plod on through the protocol, our bodies do not forgive extra protein as quickly. The keto-adaption mechanism kicks in, and extra protein CAN be converted to fat oncer metabolism has adjusted. 1 more egg white is NOT going to make me feel fuller...and I don't know when that extra few grams of protein might be the tipping point in what is going on in my bloodstream on any given day.

It's individual...and a personal choice when the math is looked at.

EDIT: Just want to add it is probably so little it does not REALLY matter...I err on the cautious side because I'm so short...!

Last edited by 65X65; 11-01-2013 at 04:31 PM.
Old 11-01-2013, 11:58 PM   #32  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

65 - I always err on the side of caution too. I'm not as short as you are (actually 5'1 1/2 - almost) but still short enough so that extra weight really shows up.

My clinic sent me my starting pictures today - I just cringe when I see them. But I'm keeping them for motivation - I don't ever want to look like that again!
Old 11-02-2013, 07:19 AM   #33  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
65 - I always err on the side of caution too. I'm not as short as you are (actually 5'1 1/2 - almost) but still short enough so that extra weight really shows up.

My clinic sent me my starting pictures today - I just cringe when I see them. But I'm keeping them for motivation - I don't ever want to look like that again!
Caution will be the buzz word for me going forward...and you too! Good to know I have company!!

Have learned so much about my own quirky metabolism these months...and the book I just finished reading .."The art and science of low carbohydrate living" (Highly recommend this book because of the way these 2 authors explain the mechanisms of metabolic chemistry involved in losing AND maintaining) ... really clarified a lot of issues for me.

Reading the maintainers thread is also very helpful in seeing that literally no one is "fixed" after this. There is also a lot of interesting info on the over 50 thread in the main forum. Interesting to read what methods others use to maintain long term who were successful in losing by any method.

It is sobering and although we know this is, for the majority, a lifelong battle. I am seeing clearly it is the sum total of mostly little things everyday that make the difference in maintenance!

It's putting myself in an ongoing mindset of lifelong maintenance by remembrance of where I was and don't want to go back to that will matter the most. Also currently reading the Beck book, as so many have found that one helpful in establishing that mental place.

Last edited by 65X65; 11-02-2013 at 07:22 AM.
Old 11-02-2013, 09:38 AM   #34  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65X65 View Post
Caution will be the buzz word for me going forward...and you too! Good to know I have company!!

Have learned so much about my own quirky metabolism these months...and the book I just finished reading .."The art and science of low carbohydrate living" (Highly recommend this book because of the way these 2 authors explain the mechanisms of metabolic chemistry involved in losing AND maintaining) ... really clarified a lot of issues for me.

It's putting myself in an ongoing mindset of lifelong maintenance by remembrance of where I was and don't want to go back to that will matter the most. Also currently reading the Beck book, as so many have found that one helpful in establishing that mental place.
I always wanted to be 5'8" but genetics just weren't on my side. Dh is nearly 6'3" and being tall carries it's own set of troubles!

I have that book on my list of ones to get - I've heard good reviews of it.

I truly try to think of P1 as maintenance training. I'm hoping by the time I get there I will have the tools to make the right choices forever. Now, if my body would just finish healing up I would be a happy camper!
Old 11-02-2013, 05:25 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

I finally cleaned out my closet...95% is packed up and ready to be donated
Old 11-02-2013, 06:26 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

PS- When I was cleaning out my closet I decided to try on some tops just for a pick-me-up. Most of them came down to my knees and looked like tents!

Really reinforced how far I've come even though I have a ways to go and the scale is not cooperating (waving to Lisa).
Old 11-02-2013, 06:34 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 223/198/160

Height: 5'7

just had to come in here and share, as everyone is aware my hometown red sox won the world series all my friends were going to the parade today then spending the day bar hopping. while i did entertain going and not drinking it then turned into maybe ill let myself have a couple drinks. after getting on the scale and seeing that i was down more pounds only halfway through my week i decided to avoid the temptation all together and skip the parade.

a lot of you have will power to go out and not drink and i have been doing that for the past 5 weeks but i also know i have to pick my battles!
Old 11-02-2013, 10:11 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

65, glad you found the book helpful. I read it after I had been in maintenance for awhile, wish I had read it sooner, right after phasing off.

Pat
Old 11-03-2013, 06:24 AM   #39  

Quote:
Originally Posted by patns View Post
65, glad you found the book helpful. I read it after I had been in maintenance for awhile, wish I had read it sooner, right after phasing off.

Pat

THANK-YOU THANK-YOU Pat!! Couldn't find who had first touted this book... This one is something I keep handy...to pick up and reread portions. Just open it anywhere. It is has a lot of concepts and physiology to absorb. SOOO well written and every page a readable aha!! Really can't stop rereading portions because it helps me really grasp what my body is/has done. Combined with Beck's book The Diet Solution.....

I'm "religious" now in my need to go back and read a few pages here and there a few times a day!

Not losing any more on the scale, but my 1 pair of jeans that fit last week won't stay up on their own now...and don't even need to unsnap or unzip to get in and out of them. Am getting worried about finding a brand/size that fit. Only britches that fit well now are jeggings or "ponte pants"...which is not a bad problem, but also...not suitable for everywhere. Thinking about seeing a seamstress to have some things made, once I get to the end. Shouldn't complain.....I know! I'm not. But, you older-smaller ladies lurking...trust me ...you can really find your old body with this diet if you are patient and true to it....and don't forget to do the resistance training. You CAN and SHOULD start sooner rather than later. I think that is what tones and REALLY gets things back where they belong.

Bought two suits this week...but only bought skirts to wear with the jackets and boots til I get this pants thing figured out. Oh...and had to rebuy bras for the 4th time. They don't make a huge selection in small (flat) sizes...and the ones that fit are pricey! Waacoal ... or Mystiere...and they are never on sale around here....anyone have a good web site?
Old 11-03-2013, 09:13 AM   #40  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealProteinNewbie View Post
PS- When I was cleaning out my closet I decided to try on some tops just for a pick-me-up. Most of them came down to my knees and looked like tents!

Really reinforced how far I've come even though I have a ways to go and the scale is not cooperating (waving to Lisa).
That is great IPN! Of course, now you need to go shopping! I keep a box right in my closet for giveaways. I try not to get ahead of myself but once something starts making me look like I'm wearing my big sister's clothes - out it goes!
Old 11-03-2013, 09:21 AM   #41  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Quote:
Bought two suits this week...but only bought skirts to wear with the jackets and boots til I get this pants thing figured out. Oh...and had to rebuy bras for the 4th time. They don't make a huge selection in small (flat) sizes...and the ones that fit are pricey! Waacoal ... or Mystiere...and they are never on sale around here....anyone have a good web site?
65 - I'm having an issues with the bras too - only the reverse of your problems. I have always been busty and have always hated bra shopping so I've been putting it off as long as possible, but I don't think I can cinch my existing bras up to much more. I think it's a mental block when it comes to buying bras - I've always loved the really pretty ones but they didn't make them in 48 EEE. I have no clue what I am now, but I'm pretty sure it's not that. Going to have to do it though, just going to have to force myself and maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised.
Old 11-03-2013, 09:44 AM   #42  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
65 - I'm having an issues with the bras too - only the reverse of your problems. I have always been busty and have always hated bra shopping so I've been putting it off as long as possible, but I don't think I can cinch my existing bras up to much more. I think it's a mental block when it comes to buying bras - I've always loved the really pretty ones but they didn't make them in 48 EEE. I have no clue what I am now, but I'm pretty sure it's not that. Going to have to do it though, just going to have to force myself and maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised.
Gosh...If you, Avalon and I could shake our selves up in a bag and pour...we'd probably all be the right height and proportions...Avalon and I already figured out if she could loan me some inches I could eat a little more! LOL..wishful thinking huh??
BLUSh... I am a 32 band ... on the tightest hook...and can get them off and on with out un-hooking....and here I thought I was forever done with any kind of pull on stuff....
Old 11-03-2013, 09:46 AM   #43  

S/C/G: 233/233/130

Height: 5'4"

I am working so so so hard to join this club
Old 11-03-2013, 09:56 AM   #44  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Quote:
Gosh...If you, Avalon and I could shake our selves up in a bag and pour...we'd probably all be the right height and proportions...Avalon and I already figured out if she could loan me some inches I could eat a little more! LOL..wishful thinking huh??
BLUSh... I am a 32 band ... on the tightest hook...and can get them off and on with out un-hooking....and here I thought I was forever done with any kind of pull on stuff....
No kidding! Wouldn't that be awesome. Oh well, unlikely I'm going to grow any taller (although I did gain nearly 1/2 inch after my spinal fusion) so I'll just have to work with what I've got. I am trying to incorporate more non-pullon clothes into my wardrobe - I've been wearing that stuff forever and it opens up a whole new set of options for clothes. Once I get the bra thing figured out I'm going for (gasp!) button down blouses - haven't worn those in ages!
Old 11-03-2013, 10:01 AM   #45  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahBell View Post
I am working so so so hard to join this club
Sarah - I know you have been trying hard and I mean this in a totally constructive way, but sometimes you just have to white knuckle it and stay OP. It's not always easy, but it gets easier the more you do it. Once you get in the mindset that you ARE going to just follow the sheet and stay OP no matter what, it will become routine for you. I know it's hard but you can do it if you set your mind to it.
Closed Thread