Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2013, 11:16 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 252/227.6/170

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by airportchick11 View Post
Third week WI complete success. My coach said there is only one other person besides me that she is currently working with that has stayed 100% OP. She said we both have amazing fat loss results. I told her the longer I'm OP, the quicker I get other stuff! I do not want to prolong Phase 1.

Have a great OP day!
It's amazing what happens when we stay 100% OP. I've also been 100% true to IP and the fat is dropping quickly. Last week I only lost 2.4 pounds but it was 100% fat loss. Doctor thought I might be retaining a bit of water to make up for the drop in fat, but it will come off again. It's kind of a placeholder until my body realizes it doesn't need to put something in place of the missing fat.

Well done!
Old 10-31-2013, 01:01 PM   #17  

S/C/G: IP Restart: 181.2/175.6/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by emsmom97 View Post
It's amazing what happens when we stay 100% OP. I've also been 100% true to IP and the fat is dropping quickly. Last week I only lost 2.4 pounds but it was 100% fat loss. Doctor thought I might be retaining a bit of water to make up for the drop in fat, but it will come off again. It's kind of a placeholder until my body realizes it doesn't need to put something in place of the missing fat.

Well done!
Yes, it is amazing! I love watching that body fat percentage dropping every week. I still have a ways to go to get in the healthy range, but it's definitely going in the right direction with this protocol.
Old 10-31-2013, 03:16 PM   #18  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by airportchick11 View Post
Third week WI complete success. My coach said there is only one other person besides me that she is currently working with that has stayed 100% OP. She said we both have amazing fat loss results. I told her the longer I'm OP, the quicker I get other stuff! I do not want to prolong Phase 1.

Have a great OP day!
Yah for you! I totally agree with not wanting to prolong P1 - I want to get this weight off as fast as I can. I really think of it as "maintenance training" since I'm learning so much about food, nutrition, my own triggers and hang ups, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emsmom97 View Post

Well done!
"Only" is a four letter word! 2.4 lbs is fantastic! Hooray! Sometimes the body needs a little while to catch up to the weight drop - I was upset the first time the scale showed a 0 loss until I realized that I'd already dropped 5 pant sizes and it was probably a "catch up" week for my body.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lighthouse101 View Post
Yes, it is amazing! I love watching that body fat percentage dropping every week. I still have a ways to go to get in the healthy range, but it's definitely going in the right direction with this protocol.
I don't get the body fat % done every week (it costs extra) but about every 6-8 weeks I check - isn't it amazing?
Old 10-31-2013, 03:31 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 181.5/170/140

Height: 5' 4.5"

Lighthouse101,

I don't know if this helps with your tofu/egg problem, but the owner of the clinic I go to gave me this...

I hope it helps!!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf IPVeg.pdf (49.6 KB, 54 views)
Old 10-31-2013, 06:40 PM   #20  

S/C/G: IP Restart: 181.2/175.6/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snarfler View Post
Lighthouse101,

I don't know if this helps with your tofu/egg problem, but the owner of the clinic I go to gave me this...

I hope it helps!!
Thanks! It's nice to see some of the options laid out like that. Many of the other meat substitutes are just way too high in carbs, especially once I add enough servings to get to 8oz, but maybe combining them with eggs or egg whites might be enough to vary it up a bit. Great info!
Old 11-01-2013, 07:20 AM   #21  

I've been reading and a quote from one of my favorite philosophers came to mind. I decided to post it where it will be appreciated:

Try not. Do or do not. There is no try. -Yoda
Old 11-01-2013, 07:32 AM   #22  
Started IP August 14 2013

S/C/G: 216.5/153/155

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
I've been reading and a quote from one of my favorite philosophers came to mind. I decided to post it where it will be appreciated:

Try not. Do or do not. There is no try. -Yoda
Love it! I actually have had this quote come to mind more than once during this IP journey.

Yoda rocks
Old 11-01-2013, 08:34 AM   #23  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

I've had Yoda in my head frequently during my time on IP too! Funny.
Old 11-01-2013, 09:02 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 209/164/130

Height: 5'2

Is it cheating if I have real organic eggs (one whole and 2-3 whites, maybe) instead of the powder IP eggs? Real eggs are better (and healthier, I bet!) What do you guys think?
Old 11-01-2013, 09:36 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aydubs View Post
Is it cheating if I have real organic eggs (one whole and 2-3 whites, maybe) instead of the powder IP eggs? Real eggs are better (and healthier, I bet!) What do you guys think?
IP has a formula for what is "legal" in using eggs as your animal protein for the day. That amount is higher...However, I did do this by recreating the grams of protein fat and calories of a packet as as you suggested.(Only used this substitution occasionally on Sundays because Sunday Breakfast...is a long standing tradition in our house.) I gagged on the IP version.

By keeping to 3 egg whites (total plus the 1 yolk)...you do nail that piece and it is the same as using an alternative product. If you add meat, cheese or anything other than some of the select veggies allowed for the day in an omelette...you are not using it as an alternative and it either becomes your animal protein meal of the day...or an out and out cheat.

Make sure you are clear on which you are doing. 3 Choices here:
Alternative
Main animal protein meal
cheat
Old 11-01-2013, 11:37 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 338/338/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aydubs View Post
This is what I have been told (several times):

To substitute for IP packet - 1 whole egg plus 3 egg whites
To substitute for "meat protein meal" - 4 whole eggs plus 2 egg whites.

My other info, however, seems to vary on how many egg whites added to packets would count as "free" - some say one, others say two.
Old 11-01-2013, 12:14 PM   #27  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Peacock View Post
This is what I have been told (several times):

To substitute for IP packet - 1 whole egg plus 3 egg whites
To substitute for "meat protein meal" - 4 whole eggs plus 2 egg whites.

My other info, however, seems to vary on how many egg whites added to packets would count as "free" - some say one, others say two.
This has been my info as well.
The 2 egg whites as "free" were when the p1 protocol said any other additions had to be 0 carbs/sugar/fat. IP has removed that line from the most recent IP protocol sheet so that is probably why you get varying answers. For most of my time on P1, two/day were considered freebies
Old 11-01-2013, 12:29 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 259.2/ticker/160

What's yalls opinion on eggs? I love eating them as my real protein daily but don't want my cholesterol to go up. I currently do not have high cholesterol and I know that it's good cholesterol but I still don't want it to go up. I usually have them 3-4x week.
Old 11-01-2013, 12:37 PM   #29  
Reboot 10/24/15 - Age 49

S/C/G: 217.5/202.3/155

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ems70508 View Post
What's yalls opinion on eggs? I love eating them as my real protein daily but don't want my cholesterol to go up. I currently do not have high cholesterol and I know that it's good cholesterol but I still don't want it to go up. I usually have them 3-4x week.
Eggs have a bad rap. In my opinion they are one of natures perfect foods and do not impact cholesterol as much as previously thought. In addition the fat contact in an egg is essential to properly absorb the nutrients that are so dense in an egg. Throwing away the yolk means the nutrient balance in the egg is off, and the body can't take full advantage of even the nutrients left in the white because the natural fat content was in the yolk.

For this reason I choose to use two whole organic eggs as a replacement for a packet. If I can find a friend who has chickens who can provide me eggs even better!! This means, according to IP, I am not 100% OP, and as such probably should not be posting on this thread, but that is a choice I choose to make.
Old 11-01-2013, 12:39 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 259.2/ticker/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuscany123 View Post
Eggs have a bad rap. In my opinion they are one of natures perfect foods and do not impact cholesterol as much as previously thought. In addition the fat contact in an egg is essential to properly absorb the nutrients that are so dense in an egg. Throwing away the yolk means the nutrient balance in the egg is off, and the body can't take full advantage of even the nutrients left in the white because the natural fat content was in the yolk.

For this reason I choose to use two whole organic eggs as a replacement for a packet. If I can find a friend who has chickens who can provide me eggs even better!! This means, according to IP, I am not 100% OP, and as such probably should not be posting on this thread, but that is a choice I choose to make.
Thank you for that info. It makes more sense if ya think about it! And while you are not 100% op because you are replacing a packet, I still appreciate all the info!
Closed Thread