Ideal Protein Diet - Home of the 90% (Occasional Slip-up Zone) Volume 2

Pages : [1] 2 3

AliExpat
10-30-2013, 12:55 PM
So *&^% happens, we forget, life gets in the way and sometimes we just want to. For whatever reason we taste a morsel that's not OP...we do. We're human and imperfect and that's ok. Some weeks we are on point some weeks we're not. Life isn't linear just like weight loss isn't either. So here's to the 90%, the B students, the Jr. Varsity team!

You're still on your journey, your road just isn't smooth...it has a few potholes.

------------------------

We're are just about to reach the 500 post mark so I've started a new thread. Here's the link to Vol. 1: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/288424-home-90-occasional-slip-up-zone-volume-1-a.html

Keep plugging away Lovelies!!!!

sarahBell
10-30-2013, 02:16 PM
I hit a bump in the road this AM, I hope I can bounce back for the remainder of the day!

nolasmurf
10-30-2013, 08:20 PM
Hope everyone's having a good day. I'm looking for a way to make chicken wings. I have a hankering but all the places have too much off plan sauce on them. I usually just buy them from the grocery in a bag, lol

sarahBell
10-30-2013, 09:24 PM
I come here dragging my wagon wheels. **SIGH** I nibbled too much today **hangs head in shame**

I will have control over my cravings tomorrow! LIttle peanut is not feeling well so I am cleaning house tonight so tomorrow I can focus on him ...poor baby :(

IdealProteinNewbie
10-30-2013, 09:29 PM
I come here dragging my wagon wheels. **SIGH** I nibbled too much today **hangs head in shame**

I will have control over my cravings tomorrow! LIttle peanut is not feeling well so I am cleaning house tonight so tomorrow I can focus on him ...poor baby :(

I say this gently because I know you truly want to do this.

The more nibbles you take, the more sugar you crave.

If you can fight through them and get through the initial detox period your cravings will be sooo much better.

Just think about how good you'll feel at the end of the day knowing you were able to overcome them!

sarahBell
10-30-2013, 09:35 PM

If you can fight through them and get through the initial detox period your cravings will be sooo much better.

Just think about how good you'll feel at the end of the day knowing you were able to overcome them!

I know :( I did it Thursday and Friday last week but the week end blew it clear out of the water!!! Sometimes kids can make things harder LOL.

AliExpat
10-30-2013, 09:38 PM
Agree with IPN. Remember IP isn't long term so really try to stick with it. It's not hard to do. You can do it!

sarahBell
10-30-2013, 09:41 PM
Agree with IPN. Remember IP isn't long term so really try to stick with it. It's not hard to do. You can do it!

This is why I love this forum!!! You guys give so much cheerleading I love it thank you so much tomorrow 100% (maybe I should stop saying that it's a JINX) ROFL!

jordanna
10-30-2013, 10:53 PM
Hope everyone's having a good day. I'm looking for a way to make chicken wings. I have a hankering but all the places have too much off plan sauce on them. I usually just buy them from the grocery in a bag, lol

I have an AMAZING chicken wing recipe, they get super crisp and delicious!! My coach said only to have them on occasion as a treat but I find them awesome to have if you are having friends over or watching hockey/football it's like a treat!!

IP Friendly Chicken Wings
Pre-heat oven @ 450.

Boil wings in salted water for 7-10 minutes.

Dry wings and season with salt and pepper.

Bake on cookie sheet (I bake mine on a wire rack on top of a cookie sheet) for 30 minutes.

Flip wings and bake for another 10 minutes.

Heat hot sauce with coconut oil/butter/whatever you like in sauce pan while wings are finishing cooking.

Toss wings in sauce and eat immediately.

nolasmurf
10-30-2013, 11:09 PM
Thank you Jordanna! Excited to try them!

jordanna
10-30-2013, 11:20 PM
Thank you Jordanna! Excited to try them!

I was skeptical to try them (found them on a paleo site) and boiling them just sounded weird...but they are so so good. You can also do salt & pepper wings or I have even done asian style ones with xyla teriyaki sauce

Clarington45
10-31-2013, 05:57 AM
Hello All, I really need to get back on track, I have been struggling and have been doing some research on different keto diets, etc but know that I just need to recommit to IP because it does work and I actually do like the diet (once you get past the first few days of course).. I really want to get below the 200 mark by Jan 1/2014, I will get below that mark it is very important to me.. Unfortunately I am in the middle of moving over the next couple of weeks but am going to stock up on IP alternatives and get back on track.. so I plan to be around here a little more.. Its so inspiring to see how well everyone is doing.. and how active these boards are in IP world, the other boards aren't even close to being as supportive and active.. Have a great day all!

dak1lls
10-31-2013, 09:17 AM
I was skeptical to try them (found them on a paleo site) and boiling them just sounded weird...but they are so so good. You can also do salt & pepper wings or I have even done asian style ones with xyla teriyaki sauce

Thanks for sharing this recipe! I have really been wanting wings. Can't wait to try them. DH loves wings as well.

ktgrrl
10-31-2013, 09:59 AM
I have an AMAZING chicken wing recipe, they get super crisp and delicious!! My coach said only to have them on occasion as a treat but I find them awesome to have if you are having friends over or watching hockey/football it's like a treat!!

YUMMY!!! I've been having pretty huge cravings for wings lately, and these look soo yummy.

In other news, I'm here, I've been hard-core off the wagon lately, but still lurking, and trying to gather my willpower and desire together. I know this is only "short" term (though for those of us with about 100 lbs to lose, it's a bit longer) and I know that in the end I will feel better and healthier, but DANG! It's hard sometimes! Especially for my this time of year. It's just the hardest time of year for me in terms on dealing with emotional issues. But, I'm here, I'm trucking along, and I feel like I'm at least trying to make some smarter choices, rather than just going totally nuts.

I hope everyone is having an easier time than I am right now, and am sending lots of good thoughts to all.

ems70508
10-31-2013, 10:16 AM
[QUOTE=jordanna;4873530]I have an AMAZING chicken wing recipe, they get super crisp and delicious!! My coach said only to have them on occasion as a treat but I find them awesome to have if you are having friends over or watching hockey/football it's like a treat!!

What is the reason to only have occasionally? I mean, not that I'm going to have them every night but is it because it's a darker meat and not the breast? Nothing at the recipe screams occasional to IP. Seems to be OP.

AliExpat
10-31-2013, 10:48 AM
YUMMY!!! I've been having pretty huge cravings for wings lately, and these look soo yummy.

In other news, I'm here, I've been hard-core off the wagon lately, but still lurking, and trying to gather my willpower and desire together. I know this is only "short" term (though for those of us with about 100 lbs to lose, it's a bit longer) and I know that in the end I will feel better and healthier, but DANG! It's hard sometimes! Especially for my this time of year. It's just the hardest time of year for me in terms on dealing with emotional issues. But, I'm here, I'm trucking along, and I feel like I'm at least trying to make some smarter choices, rather than just going totally nuts.

I hope everyone is having an easier time than I am right now, and am sending lots of good thoughts to all.

Hey there ktgrrl!! Why do think you're having a hard time? Are the IP foods you have not appetizing and more? Are you tired of the same veggies over and over? Are you tired of thinking about food/weight/the scale? Is it getting colder where you are and you are craving more comforting foods? Maybe trying to figure out why you're off the wagon could be the first step to get you BACK on the wagon, lol. Just my two cents :)

kcandponies
10-31-2013, 10:50 AM
Ugghhh! So depressed today. I quit IP 3 weeks ago, have been eating "whatever" mostly low carb and some IP packets - not stuffing my face. Decided to switch to Atkins, can't seem to get back on a plan. I did well last night, even walked 2 miles and spent the walk figuring out how my diet plan would look for the next few months until I reach goal. After dinner I went nuts and dug into the halloween candy. My weight this week is up 4 pounds since I stopped IP.

I ALWAYS fail diets, for YEARS. I wanted IP to be different. Maybe I have to get back on plan, and just push through the side effects I didn't like, food I don't like, and being broke. :(

jodi73
10-31-2013, 10:52 AM
Jordana- those sound so good... definitely need to try them!

Hoping we all make it through this Halloween day without scarfing too many Reese's!

oryssia
10-31-2013, 11:36 AM

IdealProteinNewbie,

That's such good advice.

When I read your post, it brought to mind a personal experience of recently seeing a photograph of an old boyfriend. He lives in another country where we met. I came home and he later came to 'visit' me. We kind of hoped that it might work out to marriage.

This relationship was simply the most passionate one I have ever had. The highs were so high but the lows were so low. We broke up several times and it wasn't until he finally went back to his home country (his visa ran out and he had no choice but to go) that I finally could truly work on 'withdrawal' from him.

I use the word 'withdrawal' (even though today I joke that it is a good thing he went home or one of us would have ended up in prison ... for murdering the other!) because now 25 years later that is what I see it was. I was addicted to the passion, the excitement, the adventure... but we weren't a match.

We reconnected briefly a couple of times and both times went quite badly. It was like playing with fire.

Now 25 years later, a mutual friend of our's went over to visit that country and she reconnected with him. She posted a picture on Facebook.

I winced when I saw it. He has aged so much. And I thought, 'I can't believe I was so absorbed in him.' And for the first time ever I thought, 'I am finally free of him.' I truly feel no longing, no wanting, no passion. I have moved on. And I am so grateful and really truly relieved that we didn't end up trying to make a life together. It would have been horrible.

So your post helped me see that that is what my relationship with sugar and carbs is like. If I keep having little bits, I can never truly free myself of my slavery to them. So I have to avoid them or they are going to keep sucking me back in.

Thank goodness there is such a thing as ketosis. It's like 'the other country!'

That's what's helping me be freed from being an unhappy slave to the sugar.

IdealProteinNewbie
10-31-2013, 11:44 AM
oryssia: I'm so glad my little bit of advice is helpful to you!

sarahBell
10-31-2013, 11:52 AM
happy Halloween everyone! It is cool and damp here :)

I have small goodie bags for the kids on our street :) but we are not handing out candy tonight :) All for the better LOL

ktgrrl
10-31-2013, 02:30 PM
Hey there ktgrrl!! Why do think you're having a hard time? Are the IP foods you have not appetizing and more? Are you tired of the same veggies over and over? Are you tired of thinking about food/weight/the scale? Is it getting colder where you are and you are craving more comforting foods? Maybe trying to figure out why you're off the wagon could be the first step to get you BACK on the wagon, lol. Just my two cents :)

Hi Ali! Thanks for taking the time to respond. And, helping me get my head around what's going on. Really, I'm just so darned tired!! I'm tired of "dieting," I'm tired of work, I'm tired of traffic (hello DC Metro), I'm tired of the grey days, I'm tired tired tired tired!! And this is like my most terrible time of the year. I start coming down with what I jokingly call "The Mopes." Meaning, I just mope around and feel terrible and sorry for myself. And at the beginning of the year, I finished up the therapy I was working on, and now, I'm wondering if it's time to go back. I do truly want to lose weight. I know I'll feel better because when I managed to stick to the plan, I did feel better. I like having too big clothes, and I like how my body is more jiggly (cuz it's not all bloated and gross). I like how my joints don't ache as much and how, shockingly, everything doesn't seem as bad.

And of course, I love being able to come here and start working out what's going on, with people who are kind and compassionate. Just like you. :hug: Thank you!

Ugghhh! So depressed today. I quit IP 3 weeks ago, have been eating "whatever" mostly low carb and some IP packets - not stuffing my face. Decided to switch to Atkins, can't seem to get back on a plan. I did well last night, even walked 2 miles and spent the walk figuring out how my diet plan would look for the next few months until I reach goal. After dinner I went nuts and dug into the halloween candy. My weight this week is up 4 pounds since I stopped IP.

I ALWAYS fail diets, for YEARS. I wanted IP to be different. Maybe I have to get back on plan, and just push through the side effects I didn't like, food I don't like, and being broke. :(

This. I completely understand this. It's HARD!! But I think a lot of why I hang around here is to see other people's success, and to see what works for others, and to hopefully help boost people up when they're not at their best. I truly think there is a lot we can learn from each other, and the support I've found here is amazing. I really hope you're able to find the right "plan" for you. And please, stick around. I think you're pretty awesome! :hug:

jmanovich
10-31-2013, 03:03 PM
Happy Halloween everyone!

I have read through our Volume 2...and it seems I may actually have some intelligent things to offer today! Yay me! :carrot:

Usually I am the one down in the dumps...falling off plan...etc etc. But not today! I started IP on Aug 2nd. I did exceptionally well for 5 weeks, lost 21lbs. My first few days were rough- nausea, hungry, dizzy, YUCK. Then I started to feel fantastic- energy, clothes getting too big, comments from family, friends, coworkers...finally so PROUD of myself for once.

Then I went on vacation. To California for a week. Ate completely off plan- sugar, carbs, you name it, I ate it! When I got back I was up 7lbs. I did fairly well getting that 7lbs back off staying maybe 75% on plan. Then through Thanksgiving, etc I indulged here and there and didn't really stay on plan well at all. I also started binging into the Peanut Butter jar in the evenings...oh and chocolate bars!! Then this past weekend I just said that's it. Monday morning- back on 100%. I needed to get out of the crave, eat, feel guilty cycle. It truly is a terrible thing. And truly- the more you nibble the more you want.

Its Thursday- been back OP for 4 days now. I did not have the carb withdrawal nearly as bad as the first time. Cravings are gone. Energy is good. Feeling fantastic again...and down 2.1lbs to boot! it's a brain game. Just set your mind to it- get MAD AND SAY YES I CAN ****IN DO THIS! That's what I did. :) I am going to get under 200lbs and I am going to lose another 25lbs by Christmas. Just watch me :dizzy:

And now, having said ALL this- I do not follow the plan 100%. I am sooooo sorry to all you 100%ers, but I cannot forgo some things. These include:

non-dairy creamer
Tim Hortons Double Doubles (small)
a slice of cheese here or there, or cheesestrings
extra hard boiled eggs (maybe 1-2 a day)
Bolthouse Farms low cal/low fat salad dressings, and sometimes even regular dressings!

and on some days, like today- I eat like phase 2. For dinner today I had a half size wendy's salad, with the grilled chicken on top. No croutons. 1/2 pack of their dressing.

All these things have not impacted my losses so far. It's the donuts...the candy, etc the high glycemic index, carby foods that derail me! SUGAR is evil. I now understand. :cool:

Have a fantastic day all- sending IP POWER to us all!

sarahBell
10-31-2013, 03:14 PM

I have read through our Volume 2...and it seems I may actually have some intelligent things to offer today! Yay me! :carrot:

Usually I am the one down in the dumps...falling off plan...etc etc. But not today! I started IP on Aug 2nd. I did exceptionally well for 5 weeks, lost 21lbs. My first few days were rough- nausea, hungry, dizzy, YUCK. Then I started to feel fantastic- energy, clothes getting too big, comments from family, friends, coworkers...finally so PROUD of myself for once.

Then I went on vacation. To California for a week. Ate completely off plan- sugar, carbs, you name it, I ate it! When I got back I was up 7lbs. I did fairly well getting that 7lbs back off staying maybe 75% on plan. Then through Thanksgiving, etc I indulged here and there and didn't really stay on plan well at all. I also started binging into the Peanut Butter jar in the evenings...oh and chocolate bars!! Then this past weekend I just said that's it. Monday morning- back on 100%. I needed to get out of the crave, eat, feel guilty cycle. It truly is a terrible thing. And truly- the more you nibble the more you want.

Its Thursday- been back OP for 4 days now. I did not have the carb withdrawal nearly as bad as the first time. Cravings are gone. Energy is good. Feeling fantastic again...and down 2.1lbs to boot! it's a brain game. Just set your mind to it- get MAD AND SAY YES I CAN ****IN DO THIS! That's what I did. :) I am going to get under 200lbs and I am going to lose another 25lbs by Christmas. Just watch me :dizzy:

And now, having said ALL this- I do not follow the plan 100%. I am sooooo sorry to all you 100%ers, but I cannot forgo some things. These include:

non-dairy creamer
Bolthouse Farms low cal/low fat salad dressings, and sometimes even regular dressings!

and on some days, like today- I eat like phase 2. For dinner today I had a half size wendy's salad, with the grilled chicken on top. No croutons. 1/2 pack of their dressing.

All these things have not impacted my losses so far. It's the donuts...the candy, etc the high glycemic index, carby foods that derail me! SUGAR is evil. I now understand. :cool:

Your wisdom (along with others) is always welcomed!!

Clarington45
10-31-2013, 03:23 PM

As I was reading this, I thought it was me writing it .. I have been doing the EXACT same thing as you, and have also gained back a few pounds.. I need to get back on track with IP as we know it works.. I just mentally need to get my act together again for it..

ktgrrl
10-31-2013, 03:46 PM

non-dairy creamer

Yes!! Yes yes yes!! I know this is what I need to do, I just am not sure how to get there. I start out with good intentions, but I'm thinking I need to get a little more strict with myself for a bit. Measure, weigh (I guess I have to buy a scale for that... poo), and plan. Label my packets, have everything together, and be good. I am often able to just stick with it because I've got a basic plan - Breakfast is an EAS shake, Lunch is Proti-diet chicken noodle with broccoli on the side, Dinner is most often something I've already planned that pretty much plan compliant, snacks are easy, just another packet of something or a bar. But then, there are days like today, when I say F*** it all, and just want to comfort myself with food. Though, it never ends up feeling that comforting, I tend to feel slightly sick and sad, and it's just... bad news.

sarahBell
10-31-2013, 05:14 PM
I am trying to find the recipe for the bread made from the potato puree packet? I searched thread #4 and cannot find it :(

Anyone have it?

nalaroo
10-31-2013, 05:21 PM
After reading everyone's struggles above I can relate. Everything you all have written above I have experienced while being overweight for 20 years prior to starting IP. I am a food addict and a food hoarder. I went hungry a lot as a child and couldn't bear the thought of being hungry while on a diet so I failed at every diet I tried. I would get hunger pains, panic and put on more weight. I even gained 30lbs while deciding to start IP. When I finally started IP I was really, truly emotionally ready to lose the weight. I needed it gone more than I needed the food I was eating. I was done with food controlling my life. And I realized my health was way more important than the comfort food brought me. Food will still be there when I'm done. They are not going to stop making ice cream and pizza anytime soon.

I hope you all find the emotional strength you need to find your way back to 100%/90% OP everyday. It's not easy but it works and it has changed my life. Trust in the fact that the longer you are 100% OP the easier it gets. As for me, 70lbs down 66lbs to go.

Annik
10-31-2013, 05:36 PM
It's not easy but it works and it has changed my life. Trust in the fact that the longer you are 100% OP the easier it gets. As for me, 70lbs down 66lbs to go.

Well said and way to go!

Annik

Annik
10-31-2013, 05:38 PM
And truly- the more you nibble the more you want.

Its Thursday- been back OP for 4 days now. I did not have the carb withdrawal nearly as bad as the first time. Cravings are gone. Energy is good. Feeling fantastic again...and down 2.1lbs to boot! it's a brain game. Just set your mind to it- get MAD AND SAY YES I CAN ****IN DO THIS! That's what I did. :) I am going to get under 200lbs and I am going to lose another 25lbs by Christmas. Just watch me :dizzy:It's the donuts...the candy, etc the high glycemic index, carby foods that derail me! SUGAR is evil. I now understand. :cool:

Good for you Jmanovich! Keep going! You'll get there!

Annik

nolasmurf
10-31-2013, 05:48 PM
I am trying to find the recipe for the bread made from the potato puree packet? I searched thread #4 and cannot find it :(

Anyone have it?

Flatbread:
Potato Puree
2 egg whites
1/2 tsp of baking powder

I add garlic powder and different seasonings to taste.

Spread out in pyrex and bake for about 20 mins at 350
Be sure to spray your dish/pan well!
Some even suggest just baking on wax paper to avoid sticking

sarahBell
10-31-2013, 05:51 PM
Flatbread:
Potato Puree
2 egg whites
1/2 tsp of baking powder

I add garlic powder and different seasonings to taste.

Spread out in pyrex and bake for about 20 mins at 350
Be sure to spray your dish/pan well!
Some even suggest just baking on wax paper to avoid sticking

You are a peach thank you sooooooooooooooooooooooooo much!! I am going to make mine with garlic and have it with my taco meat and veggies!! :hug::hug::hug:

nolasmurf
10-31-2013, 07:00 PM
UGH Today I have been a starving raving hippo! I don't know why...... I slipped and had a Hersey kiss and two mini tootsie rolls. Still hungry. Drinking some black coffee now hoping to subside the hunger.

Breakfast :
cup of coffee with EAS French vanilla (1 oz)
1 splenda
EAS Chocolate Fudge RTD mixed with Spinch (1 CUP)

Lunch:
2 3 oz grilled chicken strips
1 cup romaine lettuce
1/2 cup cucumber
1/2 cup green pepper
walden farms ranch

snack
cup of coffee

Dinner
EAS Chocolate Fudge
2 cups broccoli and cauliflower

Snack
Proti Thin Chocolate Peanut butter bar

AliExpat
10-31-2013, 08:16 PM
UGH Today I have been a starving raving hippo! I don't know why...... I slipped and had a Hersey kiss and two mini tootsie rolls. Still hungry. Drinking some black coffee now hoping to subside the hunger.

Breakfast :
cup of coffee with EAS French vanilla (1 oz)
1 splenda
EAS Chocolate Fudge RTD mixed with Spinch (1 CUP)

Lunch:
2 3 oz grilled chicken strips
1 cup romaine lettuce
1/2 cup cucumber
1/2 cup green pepper
walden farms ranch

snack
cup of coffee

Dinner
EAS Chocolate Fudge
2 cups broccoli and cauliflower

Snack
Proti Thin Chocolate Peanut butter bar

Nola, what about eating more lettuce? It's unlimited and great filler.

AliExpat
10-31-2013, 08:26 PM
Yes!! Yes yes yes!! I know this is what I need to do, I just am not sure how to get there. I start out with good intentions, but I'm thinking I need to get a little more strict with myself for a bit. Measure, weigh (I guess I have to buy a scale for that... poo), and plan. Label my packets, have everything together, and be good. I am often able to just stick with it because I've got a basic plan - Breakfast is an EAS shake, Lunch is Proti-diet chicken noodle with broccoli on the side, Dinner is most often something I've already planned that pretty much plan compliant, snacks are easy, just another packet of something or a bar. But then, there are days like today, when I say F*** it all, and just want to comfort myself with food. Though, it never ends up feeling that comforting, I tend to feel slightly sick and sad, and it's just... bad news.

Relax. Breathe. How about you just commit to one full OP day at a time? Buy you lettuce and cut it up all at once and portion it out into Tupperware so you can at least grab and go? When you get a glass of water, drink a full glass or two at the sink and then fill it again and go do what you were going to do? Take one day or even one meal at a time.

nolasmurf
10-31-2013, 09:28 PM
Nola, what about eating more lettuce? It's unlimited and great filler.

I normally do but the salad bar at work was really skimpy today. Its been a crazy week and i havent been to the store. Headig there 1st thing tomorrow, tho. I've got to get better about bringing a salad to work.

jordanna
10-31-2013, 11:40 PM
[QUOTE=jordanna;4873530]I have an AMAZING chicken wing recipe, they get super crisp and delicious!! My coach said only to have them on occasion as a treat but I find them awesome to have if you are having friends over or watching hockey/football it's like a treat!!

What is the reason to only have occasionally? I mean, not that I'm going to have them every night but is it because it's a darker meat and not the breast? Nothing at the recipe screams occasional to IP. Seems to be OP.

A couple reasons - most "hot sauces" including franks are super high in sodium and the wings are fatty & include the skin :)

jmanovich
11-01-2013, 12:28 AM
[QUOTE=ems70508;4873841]

A couple reasons - most "hot sauces" including franks are super high in sodium and the wings are fatty & include the skin :)

How come you boil the wings in this recipe? Just curious!

Aydubs
11-01-2013, 09:17 AM
Is it cheating if I have real organic eggs (one whole and 2-3 whites, maybe) instead of the powder IP eggs? Real eggs are better (and healthier, I bet!) What do you guys think?

evepet
11-01-2013, 11:41 AM
Is it cheating if I have real organic eggs (one whole and 2-3 whites, maybe) instead of the powder IP eggs? Real eggs are better (and healthier, I bet!) What do you guys think?

Go for it. I'm sure I've read elsewhere in the IP threads that 1 whole egg + 3 egg whites is the equivalent of an IP omelette packet.

ktgrrl
11-01-2013, 11:47 AM
Relax. Breathe. How about you just commit to one full OP day at a time? Buy you lettuce and cut it up all at once and portion it out into Tupperware so you can at least grab and go? When you get a glass of water, drink a full glass or two at the sink and then fill it again and go do what you were going to do? Take one day or even one meal at a time.

Big hugs to you lady!! Thank you!!! I'm committing to staying as true to plan for the rest of the weekend as I can, and aiming for 100% starting Monday, one meal, one moment at a time. These are great ideas, and I think I'm going to start pre-packing salad for the week to help fill myself up a little more. I'm hoping it won't be too terrible re-starting, but if it is, I'm going to be here posting, and looking to my gals for support. You guys ROCK!!! :grouphug:

ktgrrl
11-01-2013, 11:48 AM

Go for it. I'm sure I've read elsewhere in the IP threads that 1 whole egg + 3 egg whites is the equivalent of an IP omelette packet.

Yup!! You sure can, we have breakfast for dinner once a week (my fav night!) and have eggs and turkey bacon (not plan, but not a terrible "cheat".) Here's the breakdown I've seen in the past:

Eggs – So if I read my data correctly, I can have 4 whole eggs PLUS 2 egg whites which equals ONE 8oz “meat” serving?
yes.
Additionally, to sub for an omelette packet, 1 whole egg + 3 egg whites

Wahoofan
11-01-2013, 01:44 PM
Today marks 6 complete weeks on IP. I am completely OP with the exception of some added fat. At my 5 week WI in was down 30 lbs and am thrilled.

Normally I have my breakfast shake at 9am when I get to work. Yesterday it was 11 am before I was even slightly hungry. I had a vanilla RTD at 11, 2 oz grilled chicken on spinach and greens salad with bottled Italian dressing (1 gram carb per serving and I use less than one full serving) at 1:30, half an orange dream at 4, a chocolate RTD at 6, and 4 oz chicken sauteed in coconut oil with 1 cup of cauliflower rice (the weight is similar to 2 cups of florets) sauteed in butter at 9pm. I had 9 cups of water throughout the day.

I can't find anything wrong with what I ate yesterday and yet today I am COMPLETELY starving. Stomach growling starving. I've had 8 cups of water already today, a chocolate RTD at 8:30, a vanilla RTD when the growling started at 11, a cup of hot tea, and now I'm working on my chicken soup blended with 2 cups of broccoli.

Do other people just get randomly hungry? So far while in ketosis my stomach has not growled once, until today. It isn't TOM.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions. I have learned so much from all of you lurking here the past 6 weeks.

nolasmurf
11-01-2013, 02:25 PM
Today marks 6 complete weeks on IP. I am completely OP with the exception of some added fat. At my 5 week WI in was down 30 lbs and am thrilled.

Normally I have my breakfast shake at 9am when I get to work. Yesterday it was 11 am before I was even slightly hungry. I had a vanilla RTD at 11, 2 oz grilled chicken on spinach and greens salad with bottled Italian dressing (1 gram carb per serving and I use less than one full serving) at 1:30, half an orange dream at 4, a chocolate RTD at 6, and 4 oz chicken sauteed in coconut oil with 1 cup of cauliflower rice (the weight is similar to 2 cups of florets) sauteed in butter at 9pm. I had 9 cups of water throughout the day.

I can't find anything wrong with what I ate yesterday and yet today I am COMPLETELY starving. Stomach growling starving. I've had 8 cups of water already today, a chocolate RTD at 8:30, a vanilla RTD when the growling started at 11, a cup of hot tea, and now I'm working on my chicken soup blended with 2 cups of broccoli.

Do other people just get randomly hungry? So far while in ketosis my stomach has not growled once, until today. It isn't TOM.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions. I have learned so much from all of you lurking here the past 6 weeks.

are you getting in the 4 cups of veggies? I nibble on cucumbers, green peppers, and raw broccoli throughout the day. And remember Lettuce is a freebie! You can eat more than one green salad a day.

I was like that yesterday so I'm trying to abate it by having a salad for both lunch and dinner. Good luck to you!

sarahBell
11-01-2013, 02:42 PM
are you getting in the 4 cups of veggies? I nibble on cucumbers, green peppers, and raw broccoli throughout the day. And remember Lettuce is a freebie! You can eat more than one green salad a day.

I was like that yesterday so I'm trying to abate it by having a salad for both lunch and dinner. Good luck to you!

I second what nola said!!!

I do have green peppers sliced and measured out esp more so if I wake so starved I could eat the comforter them move on the carpet with out blinking!

BUT di chew some extra sugar free dessert gum, it helps as does peppermint tea :)

have those days more than I like,. today I am going on day 6 of a migraine that has bee coming off and on for a week :( My salt and water are good it is one of the joys of being the glorious ME .

But you are doing great, your loss is amazing and I bet you look and feel like a million dollars too (as do all my fellow IPers) I am hoping to be 100% for the rest of my journey to drop all the fat :D

:hug::hug::hug: hang in there!

Wahoofan
11-01-2013, 03:14 PM
I do get all my veggies, salt, and water in. Most days I have to hold back from eating too many veggies.

So random hunger is normal in ketosis for some people? Everything has been going so well that I was caught off guard by my stomach growling today. I haven't had any real hunger (just emotional) and no cravings. None of the Halloween candy is tempting. But even after eating my lunch (chicken soup and 2 cups of broccoli) my stomach is still growling.

I guess I'll have another cup of water and a second cup of hot tea and hope it helps.

sarahBell
11-01-2013, 03:23 PM
I do get all my veggies, salt, and water in. Most days I have to hold back from eating too many veggies.

So random hunger is normal in ketosis for some people? Everything has been going so well that I was caught off guard by my stomach growling today. I haven't had any real hunger (just emotional) and no cravings. None of the Halloween candy is tempting. But even after eating my lunch (chicken soup and 2 cups of broccoli) my stomach is still growling.

I guess I'll have another cup of water and a second cup of hot tea and hope it helps.

Honestly chew gum it doe help. I think our stomach get to a point as does our mouths that there needs to be constant munching happening, maybe your tummy is protesting?
Also you can have a 4th packet if need be I think ?

WillowVee
11-01-2013, 03:28 PM

I'm 152 days in (yes, I'm Type A and I count :) ) and just this past week I had 3 days of hunger/growling stomach. I couldn't believe it! I was still in ketosis (peed on the stick) and hadn't done anything differently. I came to conclusion that our bodies work in mysterious ways and I should bask in the wonder of my physiology. Well, maybe not that...but it did get better! Hang in there.

Meeshellee
11-01-2013, 03:45 PM
Hi All. Just checking in on my favorite board.

Having a hard time with cravings over the last couple days. First time I've had this issue since starting IP. Yesterday at lunch I went to a salad bar and did have some cheese, regular salad dressing, and cottage cheese; then had some turkey pepperoni and lowfat cheese for dinner, also had a diet soda when I went to the bar with friends (stayed away from the alcohol though). Too many cheats in a day, that's for sure...gained about 2 lbs in 1 day. But I did stay away from all of the Halloween goodies that surrounded me this time of year.

Today, I was so hungry around 10 a.m....so I had my IP Brownie that was supposed to be part of my lunch. Now it's lunchtime, so I had my 2 cups of spinach, but really I wanted to go back to the salad bar (knowing I wouldn't have the willpower to say no to the regular salad dressing and cheese). Luckily I didn't give in to that craving and just ate my spinach. Not sure where these cravings are coming from all of a sudden. Not TOM yet. So I will keep chugging water and maybe try some apple/cinnamon tea. Also, went for a 2.5 mile walk this morning. Not enough exercise where I would justify another packet, but I do have a pina colada drink mix in my drawer that I may rip into if I cant get rid of this hunger.

I'm thinking I'll try to white-knuckle it through a couple days of being 100% OP and see if that helps with the cravings.

Hope everyone has a great OP weekend.

sarahBell
11-01-2013, 03:54 PM
I woke up 4lbs lighter today :) I was pretty dang happy with that, esp since I did have an iced coffee this week!

jordanna
11-01-2013, 04:01 PM
[QUOTE=jordanna;4874322]

How come you boil the wings in this recipe? Just curious!

It helps boil out some of the fat, and start cooking the wings. I have tried it both ways and the wings come out much more delicious & crispy when I boil them :)

sarahBell
11-01-2013, 04:06 PM
I love your glasses!!!

Wahoofan
11-01-2013, 09:11 PM
Seems like lots of people found today hard. I'm seriously wondering if the body does release insulin just smelling stuff. Could all the candy around us be affecting us even without eating it?

It's 9pm and I've had dinner and another extra packet. I figure 200 extra protein calories won't hurt me as much as eating something high-carb off plan would.

If I weren't babysitting my adorable nephew I would just go to bed to avoid any more temptation today.

nolasmurf
11-02-2013, 01:37 PM
Hi All, I managed to stay 100% yesterday. I might have overdone the coffee tho! LOL :dizzy:
Ah well! Here's to hoping everyone has a wonderful OP weekend.

sarahBell
11-02-2013, 01:57 PM
Seems like lots of people found today hard. I'm seriously wondering if the body does release insulin just smelling stuff. Could all the candy around us be affecting us even without eating it?

It's 9pm and I've had dinner and another extra packet. I figure 200 extra protein calories won't hurt me as much as eating something high-carb off plan would.

If I weren't babysitting my adorable nephew I would just go to bed to avoid any more temptation today.

It must me the time of year, the start constellations are all in line, the gravitational pull of the moon is just right and the red sox won= serious cravings and hunger ROFL!

nolasmurf
11-03-2013, 09:05 AM
Well that extra hour of sleep was nice ;) I managed to sneak myRTD drink and the caramel nut bar into the basketball game but resisting the wings was tough! I had about 4 plain wings, so that on top of a big amc in a bowl for pinch and I over ate. :(

sarahBell
11-03-2013, 09:42 AM
Well that extra hour of sleep was nice ;) I managed to sneak myRTD drink and the caramel nut bar into the basketball game but resisting the wings was tough! I had about 4 plain wings, so that on top of a big amc in a bowl for pinch and I over ate. :(

Congrats on getting your stuff into the game :)

I still have a stupid headache today. Oh well life goes on :)

The extra hour of sleep was good that is for sure :0

Today we finish moving out all the boxes out of storage and the couches and stuff this week :) We can have our lives back LOL. I did have a RTD dark chocolate shake this YUMMO! Yesterday was a little challenging for me bUT I survived.

Have a great sunday!

nolasmurf
11-03-2013, 06:23 PM
I am soooo sleepy today! The last few days have been very hectic here at work. I don't even know how to explain! :dizzy:

Been pretty OP today. went for sushi at lunch, and I love our little sushi place they know now how to prepare my stuff with me even asking! They load me up with spinach and cucumber with everything. Today they had some awesome fresh asparagus and the waiter came over to ask if I could have it before he had them plate it up. He make me a "roll" but with out a wrapper. I get tuna, cucumber, spinach and spring mix in a bowl with a tiny bit of wasabi on the side. Today I had a little bit of the ginger dressing on the side. I guess I could have the Soy wrapper as it only has 2 carbs but it's kind of sticky and I don't like that.

Sunflower40
11-03-2013, 06:42 PM
10cm of cold, wet snow fell this weekend and all I want to do is eat!!
this weather makes it harder to stay OP

staceyjblack
11-03-2013, 10:30 PM
Well, I found a new trigger today.... I made dulce de leche in my crockpot to bring in to work with sliced apples and licked an entire spatula... And then went back for more. Ugh. Tomorrow is a new day!!!!

I can do anything
11-04-2013, 05:29 AM
The past week and a half has been really tough. I have been super hungry, and with the turning back of the clocks my body is all off. I thought I was hungry last week because I was coming down with a cold but unfortunately it carried over into this week.

I have eaten an extra packet and/or lettuce, which I usually don't eat because I wasn't hungry. Does anyone have any other suggestions about "safe" things to eat when you are more hungry than usual?

IdealProteinNewbie
11-04-2013, 06:30 AM
The past week and a half has been really tough. I have been super hungry, and with the turning back of the clocks my body is all off. I thought I was hungry last week because I was coming down with a cold but unfortunately it carried over into this week.

I have eaten an extra packet and/or lettuce, which I usually don't eat because I wasn't hungry. Does anyone have any other suggestions about "safe" things to eat when you are more hungry than usual?

Try 2 egg whites or hot herbal tea.

DJ72
11-04-2013, 12:12 PM
So....
Yesterday I was 10%. Lol. Was a bad bad day. Back in the saddle today. No looking back!
Shame on me. Heehee

kcandponies
11-04-2013, 03:14 PM
Hope everyone had a good weekend! So hard to get through those hungry days...for those that pushed through and stayed on plan, how did you feel the day after?
One of the reasons I quit IP was I would have a really hungry day, but stay OP, then the following day I was not as hungry but I felt like a zombie - exhausted, weak, could not think clearly. To the point I was scared I was gonna do something really stupid or pass out while driving. My next really hungry day I ate some peanuts, felt great and had no impact to my weight loss. I researched hypoglycemia to see if that was my problem, but I don't know. My coach's suggestion was to eat LESS and is another reason I quit IP. Only 900 calories a day and I am starving and exhausted and you think eating LESS is the answer?
I know, I know, IP works and all these folks on here have had success. I just couldn't do it. When I was in PMS and my boobs hurt so bad I couldn't sleep, I just gave up. I am now doing Atkins, in the induction phase and doing well. The great thing about Atkins is on my hungry days I just eat more. It is hard to stay under 20 net carbs a day!
Once I have lost 15# I will go to phase 1 of Atkins which is very similar to IP, I think the carbs are the same (net under 40ish) but Atkins allows more calories, since food like eggs are not restricted. I still have a bunch of IP and alternative packets I can use then too.

Clarington45
11-05-2013, 06:23 AM
Hi All,

I am getting back on track today, has been a rough few weeks and have gained some weight back - soo getting back to the basics..everyone have a great day today!

DJ72
11-05-2013, 01:01 PM
Hi All,

I am getting back on track today, has been a rough few weeks and have gained some weight back - soo getting back to the basics..everyone have a great day today!

Right here with you!
We can do this!

sarahBell
11-05-2013, 03:52 PM
Right here with you!
We can do this!

<---gets out the POM-POMS and cheers us all on-----

Meeshellee
11-05-2013, 04:22 PM
Hi All. Just checking in. Had my weigh in this morning and broke the 60 lb loss on IP mark (hit the 100 lb loss from highest ever weight last week). Whoo Hoo! My body loves this diet! And I've been a 90%-er pretty much since day 1 as I chose to exercise, and eat limited amounts of cheese and regular salad dressings. This is the first diet I've been on that I've lost weight every week. So crazy how that happens. Can't believe I'm in the 220's now...I don't remember ever being in the 220's! Hope the rest of you have a great Tuesday!

sarahBell
11-05-2013, 04:36 PM
Hi All. Just checking in. Had my weigh in this morning and broke the 60 lb loss on IP mark (hit the 100 lb loss from highest ever weight last week). Whoo Hoo! My body loves this diet! And I've been a 90%-er pretty much since day 1 as I chose to exercise, and eat limited amounts of cheese and regular salad dressings. This is the first diet I've been on that I've lost weight every week. So crazy how that happens. Can't believe I'm in the 220's now...I don't remember ever being in the 220's! Hope the rest of you have a great Tuesday!

Way to GO Girl Friend you are kickin butt as a 90%er:hug::hug:

Meeshellee
11-05-2013, 09:41 PM
Way to GO Girl Friend you are kickin butt as a 90%er:hug::hug:

Thank you! Looking forward to my next dr appt.

jordanna
11-05-2013, 10:40 PM

Woohoo - well done Meeshellee! :carrot::carrot::carrot:

Meeshellee
11-05-2013, 10:47 PM
Woohoo - well done Meeshellee! :carrot::carrot::carrot:

Thank you!

Clarington45
11-06-2013, 06:00 AM

Congratulations! WTG!

nolasmurf
11-06-2013, 10:29 AM
Hey all. Been pretty good about being 100% the last few days but only because I've prepared my lunch before leaving for work. And then I'm so busy I don't have time to stray. Did a pre weigh in check and it looks likes it's a whoosh week. Not counting my chickens yet tho! :D

kaplods
11-06-2013, 02:12 PM
I'm struggling. I do extremely well about 85-90% of the time. I feel like the little girl in the nursery rhyme:

There was a little girl, who had a little curl
Right in the middle of her forehead
When she was good, she was very, very good
But when she was bad, she was horrid

The horrid days are keeping my weight at a standstill.

I'm not trying to have horrid days, but about 6-8 days a month (usually straddling pms/tom) I am RAVENOUS.

I can usually white-knuckle it through a few of those days, which still leaves me with 3-4 out-of-control days per month (more lately as I'm perimenopausal and my periods are more severe and closer together).

It shouldn't be possible to undo 27 days of hard work (perfection even) in 3 days, but it isn't only possible it's the story of my life.

Birth control was helping tremendously (and there's no way I would have lost 100 lbs without it), but my insurance no longer covers the type of bc that worked best and with perimenopause it's becoming a rougher ride than usual.

Hubby's started calling me werewolf again, and I literally would consider being locked up for "meat week" as hubby and I call it, because of the red meat cravings (though I also crave fat and sugar ).

If there were only affordable options for medically supervised food addiction programs as there are for drug and alcohol addictions. I would love to be able to check myself into a "halfway house" 3-5 days a month.

There aren't, so I have to find a way to do this myself, but this hormonal hunger is insane. No matter what I try to do to distract myself, all I can think about is food and how hungry I am.

Somehow, I need to get my percentages up, because 85-90% isn't cutting it. I may never be able to sustain 100%, but I've got to find a way to get closer.

AliExpat
11-06-2013, 02:52 PM
http://www.dailytransformations.com/food-cravings-here-is-what-your-body-really-wants/

Perhaps what you crave isn't what your body actually wants...hmmm.

Good luck!!!!

sarahBell
11-06-2013, 02:55 PM
today is rough and lastnight was like being a storm of sugar cravings!! Kids had cup cakes and I licked my fingers after helping little peanut with his **hangs head in shame** there went my perfect day

nolasmurf
11-06-2013, 05:00 PM
SarahBell, don't worry about that little lick!

jordanna
11-06-2013, 05:06 PM
I am hanging out in the kitchen, hiding from my kids who are eating popcorn (only my favorite thing ever haha) Figure I will clean the kitchen and make it shine, killing two birds with one stone...and then eating them because it's protein and I'm allowed.

sarahBell
11-06-2013, 05:07 PM
SarahBell, don't worry about that little lick!

Ok because you said not to worry I'm not :devil:

nolasmurf
11-06-2013, 05:12 PM
You can't get down on yourself with every tiny slip. Just don't like that slip turn into a full blown fall! You are doing awesome. :hug:

sarahBell
11-06-2013, 05:24 PM
You can't get down on yourself with every tiny slip. Just don't like that slip turn into a full blown fall! You are doing awesome. :hug:

I know. So a full blown slip up would be eating a full cupcake and then some? Or 1 or more mini candy bars LOL. A lick of frosting was not cool, but I tried so dang hard, but I'm human!

yespositively
11-06-2013, 05:37 PM
sarahBell I probably would have eaten a cupcake. I decided that I'm on a baking boycott until I'm off this diet (no kids and the BF doesn't bake).

nolasmurf
11-06-2013, 06:20 PM
I know. So a full blown slip up would be eating a full cupcake and then some? Or 1 or more mini candy bars LOL. A lick of frosting was not cool, but I tried so dang hard, but I'm human!

Yes lol those would be a fall. You are human ! Gotta love yourself first!

ellenaj90
11-06-2013, 09:57 PM
Soooo it's only day 6 for me and I ended up cheating tonight already (i know). Does this happen to anyone else out there, or is it just me??:?::?::?:
I need some positive vibes sent this way! :stress::stress::stress:

Meeshellee
11-07-2013, 04:51 PM
Soooo it's only day 6 for me and I ended up cheating tonight already (i know). Does this happen to anyone else out there, or is it just me??:?::?::?:
I need some positive vibes sent this way! :stress::stress::stress:

It definitely happens. That's why there's a 90% thread, because it happens. I will send some positive vibes your way in hopes of a 100% day!

kcandponies
11-07-2013, 05:25 PM
I am in awe that you could lick the frosting and not eat more! I made cupcakes for halloween and was doing so well until I didn't think and licked my fingers. I tried after that to walk away, but ended up eating 2 cupcakes!!!

With your losses, a little tiny slip up now and then should not show. Just don't let a little trip become a tumble and fall!

sarahBell
11-07-2013, 07:05 PM
I am in awe that you could lick the frosting and not eat more! I made cupcakes for halloween and was doing so well until I didn't think and licked my fingers. I tried after that to walk away, but ended up eating 2 cupcakes!!!

With your losses, a little tiny slip up now and then should not show. Just don't let a little trip become a tumble and fall!

Aww thanks. It was on my thumb and I just licked it off with out thinking <--insert DUH here----

Today just sucked. I have a migraine again , well still have it. I ate breakfast and then we had the up stairs ceilings painted so ds, me and dh were down in the lower 2 level of the house while the guy covered stuff and painted. SO I ate nothing since morning, the kitchen was draped off with plastic, so I could not get in here because they were painting. DS did not nap until 2 or so, dh was starved- made him something when the painting was done and stuff was cleaning was happening, I had to go and take DD to the Dr. she has pneumonia. Ordered pizza for everyone and I ate 1 breadstick :(
then I finally made me my IP chili with green peppers in It. I did not even get out chicken to be defrosted today, my head is just killing me. **sigh** my half 100% week is gone out the window now :stress:

ellenaj90
11-08-2013, 12:23 AM

Haha, I would have done the same thing, except probably ate more than two! :^:

smileyt03
11-08-2013, 05:59 AM
I almost had 4 packets of food yesterday. Btu I didnt that is something worthwile to celebrate.

ktgrrl
11-08-2013, 10:29 AM
Hey all!!

Quick check-in, I've had a half on, half off week this week. Started out pretty good - 100% on Monday and even made it to the gym, then on Tuesday I went completely off program, have been trying to stick to it, but the siren call of junk and comfort foods is always there. I have managed to stay away (mostly) from my true issue which is sugar. So, here I go, trucking along. This weekend (3 day yay!!) I'm planning on doing some more reading of the copy of The Beck Diet Solution that I picked up a few weeks ago at the used bookstore. I'm hoping it will help get my brain on track.

Wishing you all well, and sending lots of hugs!!

Meeshellee
11-08-2013, 02:08 PM
Hey all!!

Quick check-in, I've had a half on, half off week this week. Started out pretty good - 100% on Monday and even made it to the gym, then on Tuesday I went completely off program, have been trying to stick to it, but the siren call of junk and comfort foods is always there. I have managed to stay away (mostly) from my true issue which is sugar. So, here I go, trucking along. This weekend (3 day yay!!) I'm planning on doing some more reading of the copy of The Beck Diet Solution that I picked up a few weeks ago at the used bookstore. I'm hoping it will help get my brain on track.

Wishing you all well, and sending lots of hugs!!

Hang in there. You can do this! Seems like if you can force yourself to get into "the zone" the weight will just start to fall off! I'm routing for you!

Hazgurl
11-08-2013, 02:29 PM
I think things are starting to click.. I screwed up on Halloween, and on the Saturday after. Had pizza, candy, alcohol and deep fried food. BUT, I got up on Sunday morning and got back with the program. I've never done that before. (before Ideal Protein anyways) I've always just given in and said "Well might as well eat crap till Monday, or the first of the month or whatever arbitrary day I would pick." That Sunday morning I had gained 5 pounds.... And I didn't let it derail me!! I stayed about 97% on program this week and not only did I lose the 5 pounds but another 3.

Now I know that is not the norm and that I should not expect it again - my heart fell when I gained 5 pounds. But it is such a relief to know I can screw up and still go on with the program. I'm still kind of shocked I didn't just throw in the towel!

Meeshellee
11-08-2013, 08:17 PM
Had a tough day. Prob worst since being on IP. Got some disappointing news and ended up overeating. Most of what I had was OP, but I'm up to 1300 calories. :( when I first started IP I was also doing a wellness challenge that helped me stay motivated. Now that challenge is over an I'm just really hoping I can find the motivation within myself. Please help!!

trishthayer
11-08-2013, 10:37 PM
Had a tough day. Prob worst since being on IP. Got some disappointing news and ended up overeating. Most of what I had was OP, but I'm up to 1300 calories. :( when I first started IP I was also doing a wellness challenge that helped me stay motivated. Now that challenge is over an I'm just really hoping I can find the motivation within myself. Please help!!

What kind of challenge? Can we help, can we have one? Also have you joined the 20 by Christmas thread? You can still loose weight on 1300 calories especially if the food was OP food. Don't loose site of your progress so far!!!!

schenectady
11-09-2013, 02:19 PM

Meeshellee - I wish I had wise words to help you, but all I can say is that I, too, fell into not eating IP for a few weeks. I decided I HAD to get back on this site and work with the support that I get from here.

We are here because many of us respond to emotional issues by eating. That challenge does not magically disappear because we are losing weight and have taken off a lot (you have done an INCREDIBLE job).

It is very hard for someone outside to provide internal motivation for you - that is not meant unkindly - it just means that I spent many days dithering within myself trying to find motivation to get back on the program and some days it really bothered me that I was so apathetic.

So be gentle on yourself for the 'detour' and maybe spend some time on here reading for inspiration.

Go outside and get really physical raking leaves (I live in WA, too, and that is my chore for the day to fill four 96 gallon Yard Waster containers). Do something that helps your body and you may feel better or more prepared to attack this challenge.

Remember how far you have come and all the fun clothes and things than you have been able to wear, the pride that you felt getting up in the morning knowing what a great job you have done.

Hang in there!

Meeshellee
11-09-2013, 02:47 PM
What kind of challenge? Can we help, can we have one? Also have you joined the 20 by Christmas thread? You can still lose weight on 1300 calories especially if the food was OP food. Don't loose site of your progress so far!!!!

Thank you. Ended up finishing yesterday at over 1600 calories. Gained about 3 lbs. When I follow the plan I lose, but the minute I go off I seem to gain instantly. Not sure how my body will like maintenance, but I know it likes ketosis. I joined the Christmas challenge so I would have a new goal. Hoping it helps me through the hard days.

Meeshellee - I wish I had wise words to help you, but all I can say is that I, too, fell into not eating IP for a few weeks. I decided I HAD to get back on this site and work with the support that I get from here.

We are here because many of us respond to emotional issues by eating. That challenge does not magically disappear because we are losing weight and have taken off a lot (you have done an INCREDIBLE job).

It is very hard for someone outside to provide internal motivation for you - that is not meant unkindly - it just means that I spent many days dithering within myself trying to find motivation to get back on the program and some days it really bothered me that I was so apathetic.

So be gentle on yourself for the 'detour' and maybe spend some time on here reading for inspiration.

Go outside and get really physical raking leaves (I live in WA, too, and that is my chore for the day to fill four 96 gallon Yard Waster containers). Do something that helps your body and you may feel better or more prepared to attack this challenge.

Remember how far you have come and all the fun clothes and things than you have been able to wear, the pride that you felt getting up in the morning knowing what a great job you have done.

Hang in there!

Thank you for your kind words. I spent 2 hrs this morning doing yard woke...mowing, picking up leaves, trimming bushes, etc. it definitely helped. Today I will pick myself up, dust myself off, and try to refocus.

schenectady
11-09-2013, 07:51 PM
Thank you. Ended up finishing yesterday at over 1600 calories. Gained about 3 lbs. When I follow the plan I lose, but the minute I go off I seem to gain instantly. Not sure how my body will like maintenance, but I know it likes ketosis. I joined the Christmas challenge so I would have a new goal. Hoping it helps me through the hard days.

I, too, joined the Christmas challenge for motivation although I am not sure whether I count for 20 pounds lost from where I was before I too a 'detour' or where I am coming back, since there is a 10 pound difference.

I am going to do it from where I weighed when I came back because it still will be 20 down.

Meeshellee - where in Washington do you live?

sarahBell
11-09-2013, 08:13 PM
Ok I have 10lbs to lose to make it into ONEderland!!! If I weigh in at 199.99999999 then gal darn it I am in onderland! I am hoping for a 100% week(s) but for me it is day by day flying by the seat of my pants1

yespositively
11-09-2013, 08:44 PM
Ok I have 10lbs to lose to make it into ONEderland!!! If I weigh in at 199.99999999 then gal darn it I am in onderland! I am hoping for a 100% week(s) but for me it is day by day flying by the seat of my pants1

I think you can do 100% for a week. You're so close!!!

nolasmurf
11-09-2013, 08:48 PM

YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!! :dance:

sarahBell
11-09-2013, 08:52 PM
I think you can do 100% for a week. You're so close!!!

Aww thanks!! :broc: I am so close I an taste it. This week I want to be able to buy a new top to go with my almost perfect fit 16 Divas from Old Navy (they are too snug for my liking ATM) for dinner on Saturday! OH and maybe some knee high BOOTS how cute would that be!

yespositively
11-09-2013, 08:57 PM
Aww thanks!! :broc: I am so close I an taste it. This week I want to be able to buy a new top to go with my almost perfect fit 16 Divas from Old Navy (they are too snug for my liking ATM) for dinner on Saturday! OH and maybe some knee high BOOTS how cute would that be!

I love the dancing broccoli! I bought boots two weeks ago and I love them! They don't fit over jeans (too snug) but I wear them with tights and dresses / skirts.

My 10s are finally fitting comfortably today (way too snug last week!) and I'm a happy camper. I cooked bacon for DH today and it was tough going. Hanging in there though!

Meeshellee
11-10-2013, 12:15 AM
I, too, joined the Christmas challenge for motivation although I am not sure whether I count for 20 pounds lost from where I was before I too a 'detour' or where I am coming back, since there is a 10 pound difference.

I am going to do it from where I weighed when I came back because it still will be 20 down.

Meeshellee - where in Washington do you live?

I'm in the Tri Cities area. Near Oregon...

trishthayer
11-10-2013, 08:11 AM
Weigh in this morning 1.4 down....yahoo!! I hope you all have a great Sunday!

Hazgurl
11-10-2013, 12:49 PM
Only 5 pounds to hit onderland and and also hit a 50 pound loss at the same time (started at 249 on my home scale). It's been about 20 years since I was under 200. Plus about 10-20 pounds before I'm out of plus sizes. I CAN'T wait for that! I'm sure people will wonder what's happening when they hear sobs and hoots of joy coming from the dressing room the day I can wear regular sizes! I'm not hoping for a great week - I'm planning on a great week!

Roni Lee
11-10-2013, 01:04 PM
i was also down 1.4 this morning. I will second that yahoo.

Skinnyjeangirl
11-10-2013, 01:55 PM
Staying on plan... but will enjoy Thanksgiving! Have a fabulous day

I can do anything
11-10-2013, 02:34 PM
I was thinking about joining the 20 by Christmas challenge, but I have a long vacation coming up. While I plan on being on plan as much as possible, we are going to a couple 5 star restaurants during the week and since it was my idea to go to them, so I want to enjoy them. I am averaging 10 lbs a month OP (90 %) AND I am happy with that. So I am not sure if 20 by Christmas is doable for me.

sarahBell
11-10-2013, 02:37 PM
:turkey::thanks1::thanks2:Staying on plan... but will enjoy Thanksgiving! Have a fabulous day

Thanks Giving dinner is for us is next weekend! I am going to be careful eating and do my darndest to to be 100%

NOT! My menu for Saturday is to dang good.

:thanks2::turkey::thanks1:

wantanewme
11-10-2013, 04:03 PM
Hi everyone! I've been lurking on this thread but haven't posted yet. I just want to say thank goodness for this place! While I try to be 100% OP I usually end up being about 98%. And I've gone completely off track 3 times. Still I'm much better off than I was before IP and have lost 16 pounds in 6 weeks. That's something, right? I'm sure the 100% people mean well but sometimes they are a bit too intense for me. Kwim?! I don't need to feel like a failure when I go off plan a little. I'm hard enough on myself as it is. I hope it's ok if I post here.
So I have a few cheats that I know are inevitable. Next Saturday I'm going to visit my sister and this pizza place where she lives was voted best pizza in Va. So I'm going to have a slice. The weekend after that we have out of town guests and I just know I'm going to have a few glasses of wine over the weekend. I plan to enjoy myself on Thanksgiving and Christmas too but will do my best to stay OP in between all these occasions. Will my weight loss be slower? Probably. But I don't want to feel deprived on special occasions. If this is going to be a life style change for me it has to be practical too and that means being able to indulge from time to time.
Thanks for letting me ramble!

Skinnyjeangirl
11-11-2013, 09:02 AM
Hi everyone! I've been lurking on this thread but haven't posted yet. I just want to say thank goodness for this place! While I try to be 100% OP I usually end up being about 98%. And I've gone completely off track 3 times. Still I'm much better off than I was before IP and have lost 16 pounds in 6 weeks. That's something, right? I'm sure the 100% people mean well but sometimes they are a bit too intense for me. Kwim?! I don't need to feel like a failure when I go off plan a little. I'm hard enough on myself as it is. I hope it's ok if I post here.
So I have a few cheats that I know are inevitable. Next Saturday I'm going to visit my sister and this pizza place where she lives was voted best pizza in Va. So I'm going to have a slice. The weekend after that we have out of town guests and I just know I'm going to have a few glasses of wine over the weekend. I plan to enjoy myself on Thanksgiving and Christmas too but will do my best to stay OP in between all these occasions. Will my weight loss be slower? Probably. But I don't want to feel deprived on special occasions. If this is going to be a life style change for me it has to be practical too and that means being able to indulge from time to time.

Totally agree with all.... I am having a great time on this plan. It has been the best thing for me in all my years of dieting... I am going to enjoy Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners. I will plan though, I am on phase 3 until the end of the year, but for both major dinners I will eat my normal breakfast and for the dinner I am going to have a measuring cup and give my self a 1/2 cup of the goodies... cause I know how it feels the next day eating a bunch of off the diet food. So I will enjoy with caution.
The day after Christmas back on Phase 1 until I reach my ultimate goal... Thank you IP!

Clarington45
11-11-2013, 09:10 AM

Welcome :)

AliExpat
11-12-2013, 09:40 AM
Good Morning Lovelies!!!

I went to a wonderful wedding last night and I really enjoyed myself. I had my weigh in this morning and still managed to loose 1 pound (of course it should have been more) and I gained back 1% of fat (darn mojitos and wedding cake). My coach was a bit disappointed but she was happy that I went to weigh in less than 12 hours after indulging and held myself accountable for everything I ate. I told her everything I had and she agreed I did VERY well EXCEPT for the drinks and the cake. I wouldn't have changed the night for anythingbut I'll probably lay off the restricteds this week.

Have a wonderful OP day!!!

trishthayer
11-12-2013, 09:43 AM
I was thinking about joining the 20 by Christmas challenge, but I have a long vacation coming up. While I plan on being on plan as much as possible, we are going to a couple 5 star restaurants during the week and since it was my idea to go to them, so I want to enjoy them. I am averaging 10 lbs a month OP (90 %) AND I am happy with that. So I am not sure if 20 by Christmas is doable for me.

I joined the Christmas challenge and I am not sure 20 by Christmas is doable for me either. I like having to account for my time and pounds, it's fun to me. Dork weightloss fun, lol!

sarahBell
11-12-2013, 09:52 AM
I joined the Christmas challenge and I am not sure 20 by Christmas is doable for me either. I like having to account for my time and pounds, it's fun to me. Dork weightloss fun, lol!

I signed up too, it seems so far fetched to be able to lose 20lbs, but I will give it my all!!

:turkey::thanks2:

Melfuchsia
11-12-2013, 10:01 AM
Oooooh, I love this thread! While I love IP, I feel sometimes I want to enjoy special times with my friends and family, and yes, this often involves food... and wine!

Weightloss is a journey where you have to learn a whole set of new habits, and I feel sometimes IP is not the best for that.

jemma51
11-12-2013, 10:03 AM
I signed up too, it seems so far fetched to be able to lose 20lbs, but I will give it my all!!

:turkey::thanks2:

I joined too and agree it seems like a lot to lose by then.

schenectady
11-12-2013, 10:04 AM
Only 5 pounds to hit onderland and and also hit a 50 pound loss at the same time (started at 249 on my home scale). It's been about 20 years since I was under 200. Plus about 10-20 pounds before I'm out of plus sizes. I CAN'T wait for that! I'm sure people will wonder what's happening when they hear sobs and hoots of joy coming from the dressing room the day I can wear regular sizes! I'm not hoping for a great week - I'm planning on a great week!

You sound so excited - that is a feeling many of us hope to reach at some point. I am looking forward to the same thing as you have facing you right now. I have not been in Onderland since I met my husband 24 years ago and I CRAVE the days when I never have to wear plus sizes again.

So hand in there, have a great week and we will hear you when you hit that incredible pace. YAHOO

wantanewme
11-12-2013, 10:47 AM
Oooooh, I love this thread! While I love IP, I feel sometimes I want to enjoy special times with my friends and family, and yes, this often involves food... and wine!

Weightloss is a journey where you have to learn a whole set of new habits, and I feel sometimes IP is not the best for that.

I couldn't agree more! Obviously I can white knuckle my way through anything including a few months of IP but if I don't address the fact that I use food to medicate a lot of issues (including anxiety, boredom, and sadness) I will gain it all back and then some. That's why when a special occasion comes up I'd rather face it and indulge but do so in moderation. Obviously we are all here to lose weight but I feel mastering moderation is the key to long term success for me..

On another note I can cancel one of the cheats I was planning for and am relieved! Our friends won't be visiting in 2 weeks as planned and while I will miss them I know I won't have an excuse to go off plan. That means I have 16 days to be OP before Thanksgiving.

Have a good day everyone!

sarahBell
11-12-2013, 11:28 AM
I ate a Hershey kiss today.

dak1lls
11-12-2013, 11:35 AM
I joined too and agree it seems like a lot to lose by then.

When I started IP a good friend who had been on the program told me she lost 28 lbs in 7 weeks! I could not believe it! I started and at the 6 week point I was down 20 lbs! I remember thinking, "what if I'm the only person on IP that it doesn't work so well for?" It is definitely possible to lose that amount by Christmas. You will feel amazing when you hit that goal! Good luck and just know you have lots of support here. :hug:

dak1lls
11-12-2013, 11:40 AM

Hershey Kisses are divine! I had the best candy for Halloween; Snickers, Almond Joy, Reese's, Hershey Chocolate, Kit Kats.....OMG!!!!! Luckily I didn't have any of it, I didn't dare open it until Halloween night. Then, we had so much left over that I bagged it up and put it above my cabinets in the kitchen. I needed a ladder to get it up there. lol. I waited for my son and his family to visit and got it down and sent it home with them. I would have eaten the whole load of it. Chocolate is cryptonite!:bomb:

Meeshellee
11-12-2013, 12:43 PM
Hello 90%ers. Kind of fell of the wagon on Sunday. Went to an acquaintences house for dinner and managed to steer clear of the fresh rolls, but I did have a baked potato, salad with fruit and candied walnuts, and a cupcake. Yesterday I just knew I wasn't in ketosis anymore. I wanted to eat everything in sight and had the pre-ketosis headaches. I stuck to the program yesterday and am hoping to get right back in to ketosis. After being out of it for a while it reminds me how great ketosis is for curbing apetite and cravings. The cupcake was good, but I don't know if it was THAT good.

Had my weigh in this morning and I thought for sure I would be up a pound, but turns out I was actually down 2.2. That's my lowest loss so far, but I know the choices I made to put there. Now I'm planning for a OP week!

Meeshellee
11-12-2013, 12:55 PM

I feel like we should call this threat "The Conffesional" :) I love that we have a place to confess our mistakes instead of letting them weigh us down and feeling like we have to hide them.

sarahBell
11-12-2013, 04:42 PM
[UOTE=Meeshellee;4881917]I feel like we should call this threat "The Conffesional" :) I love that we have a place to confess our mistakes instead of letting them weigh us down and feeling like we have to hide them.[/QUOTE]

Heck woman I'm not hiding it at all LOL.. For some reason today I wanted just 1 piece of non-chemical REAL chocolate and I ate it . Do I feel bad not really. Will it kill my perfect week yes it did, will I cry about the set back, nope! I'll keep plugging away my 16s may not fit Friday but such is life

:lol3: :chockiss: :chockiss::chockiss::chockiss::chockiss:

nolasmurf
11-12-2013, 06:27 PM
[UOTE=Meeshellee;4881917]I feel like we should call this threat "The Conffesional" :) I love that we have a place to confess our mistakes instead of letting them weigh us down and feeling like we have to hide them.

Heck woman I'm not hiding it at all LOL.. For some reason today I wanted just 1 piece of non-chemical REAL chocolate and I ate it . Do I feel bad not really. Will it kill my perfect week yes it did, will I cry about the set back, nope! I'll keep plugging away my 16s may not fit Friday but such is life

:lol3: :chockiss: :chockiss::chockiss::chockiss::chockiss:[/QUOTE]

I haven't had a perfect weekend either. Today I needed something hot for lunch and I didn't want chicken instead I had a cup of chili from McAlisters deli. OMG delish. WAY to many calories for the cup and to many carbs. I really don't care tho. :)

wantanewme
11-12-2013, 06:40 PM

I just had a mini Heath bar out of my kid's Halloween bag!

Sunflower40
11-12-2013, 06:54 PM
I treated myself to a Five Guys Bacon Cheeseburger and 10 frenchfries - cause it's my birthday and I wanted to. It was awesome.

Now back on track with the next meal!!

I feel much better now

sarahBell
11-12-2013, 06:59 PM
:dance::dance::dance::dance:I just had a mini Heath bar out of my kid's Halloween bag!

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: I LOVE those. Except I noticed one thing that when I ate that my tummy felt icky, like I was actually rejecting CHOCOLATE!!! Oh the HORROR!!! :fr:

jemma51
11-12-2013, 07:10 PM
When I started IP a good friend who had been on the program told me she lost 28 lbs in 7 weeks! I could not believe it! I started and at the 6 week point I was down 20 lbs! I remember thinking, "what if I'm the only person on IP that it doesn't work so well for?" It is definitely possible to lose that amount by Christmas. You will feel amazing when you hit that goal! Good luck and just know you have lots of support here. :hug:

I seriously can't wait to see how much I can lose. The girls at work were making fun of my saggy bottom in my jeans. I'll take it with a grin :carrot::carrot::carrot:

By the way dak1lls. you look amazing in your picture. You look like a completely different person.

Meeshellee
11-12-2013, 10:06 PM
[UOTE=Meeshellee;4881917]I feel like we should call this threat "The Conffesional" :) I love that we have a place to confess our mistakes instead of letting them weigh us down and feeling like we have to hide them.

:lol3: :chockiss: :chockiss::chockiss::chockiss::chockiss:[/QUOTE]

Love this! You will get into those 16's!

dak1lls
11-12-2013, 11:04 PM
I seriously can't wait to see how much I can lose. The girls at work were making fun of my saggy bottom in my jeans. I'll take it with a grin :carrot::carrot::carrot:

By the way dak1lls. you look amazing in your picture. You look like a completely different person.

Thanks jemma! I just finished going through my closet to get rid of more clothes. I love the saggy bottom jeans, but it was time to clear em out!

jodi73
11-14-2013, 02:49 PM
Hi 90ers! Back from Disney. I went on the trip with all of my IP foods... and didn't eat any of them :P It was a total free-for-all... not going to lie. Came home Monday night, was up 7.8 pounds on my scale...IN 1 WEEK! I freaked, but realized that there was no way I could have consumed that many calories to put on almost 8 real pounds of fat, so I've been eating really strictly P1 the last couple of days, and all but 2 pounds are gone....so I'm guessing those 2 pounds are my real gain. I don't regret, though... after 6+ months on IP, I really enjoyed just having a week of not watching. But now, back to getting off the last 30 pounds (except for Thanksgiving... no chance i'm resisting my mom's TG meal).

Hope everyone had a great week!

SkinnyChiz
11-14-2013, 03:53 PM

non-dairy creamer

I think it's important to remember that you can't change yesterday....only tomorrow. One day at a time. Change takes work.
Congrats on all your success so far! You deserve it!

nolasmurf
11-14-2013, 05:52 PM
I'm struggling today. TOM has me showing a gain on the scale and my Brian is like oh well you might as well eat what you want! But I'm resisting Hoping that since I'll be babysitting my god daughter tonight will keep me busy! I've noticed this thread has slowed down quite a bit. Does that mean we are all doing good?

Meeshellee
11-14-2013, 06:41 PM
Had a HUGE bowl of brussel sprouts for lunch today. I think it was about 3 cups...then I logged it into MFP and I realized how many carbs they have...so I double-checked the phase one sheet and relized they are on the occasional list. OOOOPPPSSS! I was trying to make up for the one cup of veggies I missed yesterday. No wonder I'm STUFFED this afternoon. Bad idea.

Meeshellee
11-14-2013, 06:44 PM
Oh, and I met with my dr yesterday. At my initial mtg with my coach I set my goal at 199....just because I can't remember EVER being under 200 (although my birth certificate proves that I was at some point). But my doctor informed me that to be in the healthly BMI range my goal weight should be 170...if someone told me back in July that I should set a goal weight of 170 I would have laughed in their face...now it actually seems possible. But, you better believe, I will be celebrating when I hit 199!!

Meeshellee
11-14-2013, 07:22 PM
Oh, and one more thing...When I hit 200 lbs my BMI goes from Obese to Overweight...at that time I will be asking my dr to update my chart accordingly. LOL

Clarington45
11-14-2013, 07:44 PM
Oh, and one more thing...When I hit 200 lbs my BMI goes from Obese to Overweight...at that time I will be asking my dr to update my chart accordingly. LOL

Wow! You are doing fantastic, what an inspiration :)

sarahBell
11-14-2013, 08:14 PM
aww crikey I am so so SO stuffed. Tonight I made chicken tacos. I sautéed and simmered up 2 1/2 lbs of chicken tenders (added extra water with the seasoning which has 3g of carbs) I warmed up hard shell taco shells in the oven for dh and kids BUT for me I had the mother of all taco salads!

2 c of veggies made up of mushroom, zucchini and onions and tomatoes (those were not cooked but abt 2 Tbs each) over a huge bowl of lettuce and good grief I am so stuffed I can hardly move. I am not sure how IP compliant my 5.5 oz of chicken were ( I had some earlier today)
BUT lord I am full and I am going to walk on the elliptical in a bit to help burn off some of it.

Hiker88
11-14-2013, 08:31 PM

Awwwe..... I can't wait for Onederland!!!!!

sarahBell
11-14-2013, 08:34 PM
Oh, and I met with my dr yesterday. At my initial mtg with my coach I set my goal at 199....just because I can't remember EVER being under 200 (although my birth certificate proves that I was at some point). But my doctor informed me that to be in the healthly BMI range my goal weight should be 170...if someone told me back in July that I should set a goal weight of 170 I would have laughed in their face...now it actually seems possible. But, you better believe, I will be celebrating when I hit 199!!

OMG how cool! You rock!!!

:bravo: :flame: :celebrate: :celebrate:

Meeshellee
11-14-2013, 08:43 PM
Wow! You are doing fantastic, what an inspiration :)

Thank you. My body loves this diet...even as a 90%er...feeling pretty lucky. Seems too good to be true sometimes.

Awwwe..... I can't wait for Onederland!!!!!

Me either. We will get there

OMG how cool! You rock!!!

:bravo: :flame: :celebrate: :celebrate:

Thanks Sarah!

sarahBell
11-14-2013, 10:22 PM
Thanks Sarah!

You are so welcome! :thanks2: :thanks1: :turkey: :happ3:

sarahBell
11-14-2013, 10:22 PM
I'm struggling today. TOM has me showing a gain on the scale and my Brian is like oh well you might as well eat what you want! But I'm resisting Hoping that since I'll be babysitting my god daughter tonight will keep me busy! I've noticed this thread has slowed down quite a bit. Does that mean we are all doing good?

Umm yesterday I crashed and burned like the Hindenburg if that makes you feel better ROFL!

smileyt03
11-15-2013, 06:40 AM
yesterday was my last day working nights. the schedule the last couple of nights and stress had me consuming hershey kisses. I do well at home but at work the temptation. I feel fat, bloated, noone to blame but myself. I wold feel better if these 3o pounds will dissappear quickly

DJ72
11-15-2013, 10:05 AM
Hey everybody! Just a quick hello. Good to see so many still hanging in here... And losing!
I have still been losing a little but not sticking to the plan so well. My losses show that. But... Still slowly going down.
I still wish there was a magic pill I could just take.... Sigh!

Meeshellee
11-16-2013, 03:18 PM
Had an interesting week. Church function on Thursday....they were serving potato soup with pumpkin crumble for dessert. I started with some salad, passed on the bread....but there was fruit and nuts in the salad. I tried hard to resist the potato soup...but it was cold outside and it just smelled so good. So I indulged in a cup. By the time the pumpkin dessert was put in front of me I pretty much forgot I was on a diet and ate the whole serving. I know, excuses excuses. That night, after the function, I had so many feelings...guilt, little stomach ache, dreading the processing of getting back in to ketosis. Weighed the next morning and I was up about 5 lbs from the day before, but I didn't have the constant hunger I generally have when not in ketosis. I tested with a keto stick, and believe it or not I WAS STILL IN KETOSIS! Crazy. Feeling so thankful I didn't have to go through the ketosis flu again. I'm still about 2 lbs up from where I was on Thursday....so the church dinner basically set me back about 3 days. Was it worth it? I'm on the fence about that, but glad I didn't let it get me off track and I was able to get right back on the wagon! IP POWER!

Curious about how I could possibly still be in ketosis I did some research and learned that it takes a couple days of eating too many/carbs calories to effect your ketosis status...but one meal may not. I'm not sharing this to encourage cheating...because if you cheat like that you will obviously gain, but for those of us that are trying go decide how to handle the holidays, just know you may be able to stay on program all month, have one off program meal with your family, and remain in ketosis. This is what I will be doing rather than phasing off for the winter.

Skinnyjeangirl
11-16-2013, 08:11 PM
trying !!!!!!!!!!!!!! to !!!!!!!!!!!!!! stay !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! focused !!!!

send me some pixie dust.... garsh darn chocolate!

swimcoachmomma
11-17-2013, 10:15 AM
trying !!!!!!!!!!!!!! to !!!!!!!!!!!!!! stay !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! focused !!!!

send me some pixie dust.... garsh darn chocolate!

I don't know how to send pixie dust but here's a hug:hug: lol

I've been lurking on this thread and decided I like the premise of progress not perfection.

My story is this.... In fall of 2011 I began IP (by the book and with a coach). I lost 70 pounds by late April of 2012 with a four week hiatus of phase 3 in the middle due to surgery. Maintenance started fine.... Then the phase one day after fun day became a phase 1 meal. The fun day became a fun weekend and became a fun life.... Some of u may know the story. The 160s became the 170s with a max of mid 180s about 5 months ago. Then I stopped weighing and when I decided to restart I thought I would be upper 190s. Eek. No exactly. On day 4 of phase one I got the courage to hop on the scale and it said 214!!!! Eek. So I'm back. No coach. Alternative products. Husband back on it with me. Started 11/4.

First big off program binge was last night. Mexican restaurant. They always prepare our shrimp fajitas on plan (no tortilla, cheese, guacamole, and extra sautéed veggies). But the chips attacked me and jumped down my throat!!!! Lol. Actually I made a choice to eat the chips and salsa. Yum. Bloated today. I do know the routine though.

kelseys928
11-17-2013, 10:57 AM
had a couple cocktails last night...first time I cheated in 7 weeks. Man do you get drunk faster haha. Anyways now I am feeling a little hungover but straight back OP but am wanting a bun less burger from 5 guys I thought I read somewhere that their burgers were ok to have, anyone know?

nolasmurf
11-17-2013, 05:46 PM
Well okay. I had Pizza for lunch today and damn was it good! I just couldn't do another piece of chicken. I think I'm going to start clucking and laying eggs soon!

But I'm committing to 100% for the week ahead!

Skinnyjeangirl
11-17-2013, 08:50 PM
I don't know how to send pixie dust but here's a hug:hug: lol

I've been lurking on this thread and decided I like the premise of progress not perfection.

My story is this.... In fall of 2011 I began IP (by the book and with a coach). I lost 70 pounds by late April of 2012 with a four week hiatus of phase 3 in the middle due to surgery. Maintenance started fine.... Then the phase one day after fun day became a phase 1 meal. The fun day became a fun weekend and became a fun life.... Some of u may know the story. The 160s became the 170s with a max of mid 180s about 5 months ago. Then I stopped weighing and when I decided to restart I thought I would be upper 190s. Eek. No exactly. On day 4 of phase one I got the courage to hop on the scale and it said 214!!!! Eek. So I'm back. No coach. Alternative products. Husband back on it with me. Started 11/4.

First big off program binge was last night. Mexican restaurant. They always prepare our shrimp fajitas on plan (no tortilla, cheese, guacamole, and extra sautéed veggies). But the chips attacked me and jumped down my throat!!!! Lol. Actually I made a choice to eat the chips and salsa. Yum. Bloated today. I do know the routine though.

Thank you for the hugs!!! hang in there.. I am trying to stay focused until after the 25th of Christmas. I am not weighing my self until then. I will be thinking of you ... I will keep posting on this 90 percent page and we all can keep each other encouraged... then I think maybe we all that are here at 90 % should try a challenge at the beginning of the year... and work toward some goals!! thoughts?:dust:

dak1lls
11-17-2013, 08:54 PM
Well okay. I had Pizza for lunch today and damn was it good! I just couldn't do another piece of chicken. I think I'm going to start clucking and laying eggs soon!

I know what you mean about the chicken! When I am getting to my tolerance limit for chicken I will make a big chuck roast with cabbage, onions, and mushrooms. I also have a great pulled pork recipe my SIL pinned on pinterest and I make that and serve it over sauteed cabbage, drizzled with some WF BBQ sauce warmed up, or have it in a cauliflower tortilla. OMG, it is to die for! I was so looking forward to pizza when I hit maintenance. It was one of my first fun-day indulgences. Of course I over did it and had three pieces! I was soooooo sick and actually in physical pain. DH was too and we decided to never do that again!

nolasmurf
11-17-2013, 09:23 PM
Yay my tummy wasn't prepared for the pizza I was almost immediately running to the bathroom. I guess the upside is that I'm no longer fighting the big C . :/

I'm going to get back OP tomorrow. Got some frozen shrimp and turkey for OP protein

sarahBell
11-17-2013, 10:10 PM
Hello my sweet 90%ers!!! Yesterday I hosted thanksgiving. And I did dang good for having so much sweets and oh so mouth water food around me. I unfortunaly grazed all day (a taste of this for seasoning purposes really) I was NOT hungry at all. I woke up had a RTD dark chocolate shake blended with spinach and ice. after that no appetite at all. Methodically made it through the cooking of dinner like a well oiled machine!!!!

We sat down to eat around 3pm or so. I had 2 Tbs of green bean casserole, turkey (not sure how much but it was NOT 8oz , less than ) 1 piece of lefse , NO dinner rolls that I made, NOT mashed 'tatoes, NO gravy!!! :carrot::carrot::carrot:

BUT I did have a few nuts, 2 slices of cheese and green peppers and cucumbers!!! I took small tastes of the turtle and mint pies (put the fork on the end take a small taste)

I stepped on the scale this AM and gained only HALF a pound!!!

Today not so much, I ate a bit too much but tomorrow 100%

wantanewme
11-18-2013, 08:13 AM
i went to visit my sister this weekend and totally went off plan on saturday. had a sandwich on french bread for lunch, pizza for dinner, and cocktails after. on sunday morning i had a bagel before i left town and yesterday was my daughter's birthday so i had cake at her party. my sweet tooth is so strong :( once i start eating sweets it's hard to stop.

i'm ready to get back to 100% OP for the next 10 days. then it's thanksgiving and all bets are off for the day. but then i can give myself a month until christmas. and i really really hope to be done by then but at this rate who knows.

what i hate about going off plan and starting over is the exhaustion i experience on the carb roller coaster. i'm so tired today i could just fall asleep. my daughter's been sick and she kept me up much of the night. that coupled with the way i ate is making me feel so out of it.

anyway, i have to pick myself back up and keep on going.

have a good week, everyone.

AliExpat
11-18-2013, 08:52 AM
Hi Lovelies!!!

Yesterday, me, Hubby and the Puppy took an afternoon drive to the other side of the island and stopped for Jerk Pork on the way back. I got a small jerk pork with NO JERK SAUCE (What's the point, I know, lol). Plus I passed on the peas and rice (again, What's the point!!!). We brought it home and I made some broccoli...yippee.

I think I may be suffering from a bit of diet fatigue. We were shopping this weekend and I saw a George Foreman Grill which I may get to grill veggies. I need to switch things up in the veggie department. Bought bok choi, ginger, garlic, shrooms and peppers to make stir-frys this week. I'm going to try some Asian dishes to get some cooked veggies in me...can't deal with two salads a day anymore, turning into a Rabbit.

dak1lls
11-18-2013, 09:29 AM
Hi Lovelies!!!

Yesterday, me, Hubby and the Puppy took an afternoon drive to the other side of the island and stopped for Jerk Pork on the way back. I got a small jerk pork with NO JERK SAUCE (What's the point, I know, lol). Plus I passed on the peas and rice (again, What's the point!!!). We brought it home and I made some broccoli...yippee.

I think I may be suffering from a bit of diet fatigue. We were shopping this weekend and I saw a George Foreman Grill which I may get to grill veggies. I need to switch things up in the veggie department. Bought bok choi, ginger, garlic, shrooms and peppers to make stir-frys this week. I'm going to try some Asian dishes to get some cooked veggies in me...can't deal with two salads a day anymore, turning into a Rabbit.

Ali, try the cauli-rice, if you haven't already. It is especially good for Asian dishes. I just crumble mine in the food processor til it resembles rice, then I dump it right into my hot pan with a little grapeseed oil. I will add a little ginger, garlic and soy sauce sometimes and just saute til it is tender but not mushy. I saute my other veggies and meat separately and use the rice as my base. It is so good and the only down side is that you could easily eat way more than 2 cups of veggies this way.

AliExpat
11-18-2013, 12:40 PM
Ali, try the cauli-rice, if you haven't already. It is especially good for Asian dishes. I just crumble mine in the food processor til it resembles rice, then I dump it right into my hot pan with a little grapeseed oil. I will add a little ginger, garlic and soy sauce sometimes and just saute til it is tender but not mushy. I saute my other veggies and meat separately and use the rice as my base. It is so good and the only down side is that you could easily eat way more than 2 cups of veggies this way.

Dak1lls, I just looked up the receipe and it looks gooood!!! Thanks, I'm going to try it this week. How's maintenance???

AliExpat
11-18-2013, 12:46 PM
Ok, so I had my 12th WI and I've lost another 4.7 pounds!!! AWESOME...BUUUUUT my fat percentage increased again. Last week I'm sure it was because of the food at the Wedding and this week I'm guessing it was the Jerk Pork (hmm, it was pretty lean) OR the chicken dish I ate at the Pot Luck dinner on Thursday. Either way, I've told hubby that he's not to give me any more bacon no matter if I say it's for the dog or not, lol. AND, I need to go easy on the cooked salmon from the supermarket and I need to start using cooking spray. I'm 29 pounds from ONEderland and I'd like to get there before the New Year :crossed:!!

Need a sprinkling of :dust:

Have a great OP day!!!

sarahBell
11-18-2013, 01:22 PM
Ok, so I had my 12th WI and I've lost another 5.7 pounds!!! AWESOME...BUUUUUT my fat percentage increased again. Last week I'm sure it was because of the food at the Wedding and this week I'm guessing it was the Jerk Pork (hmm, it was pretty lean) OR the chicken dish I ate at the Pot Luck dinner on Thursday. Either way, I've told hubby that he's not to give me any more bacon no matter if I say it's for the dog or not, lol. AND, I need to go easy on the cooked salmon from the supermarket and I need to start using cooking spray. I'm 29 pounds from ONEderland and I'd like to get there before the New Year :crossed:!!

Need a sprinkling of :dust:

Have a great OP day!!!

Here is dump truck load of WP dust!!

:dust: :dust: :dust: :dust: :dust: :dust: :dust: :dust: :dust: :dust: :dust:

Clarington45
11-18-2013, 01:29 PM
Hi All, It's ncie to see we are all still losing (and not giving up) when we have slips.. for hte most part I am following IP just having the odd diet coke, I am going to try and find an alcoholic beverage I like that is low carb.. i am not a big drinker but I do like to have a few now and again..

I am thinking vodka and something.. maybe crystal light cranberry / raspberry with lots of crushed ice...anyone have any suggestions?

I have company coming this weekend and will want something..

Melfuchsia
11-18-2013, 01:43 PM
Clarington45 do you have Smirnoff Ice light at LCBO? It's only 100 calories and 1g carbs. With lots of ice, it's really good!

nolasmurf
11-18-2013, 03:56 PM
Hi All, It's ncie to see we are all still losing (and not giving up) when we have slips.. for hte most part I am following IP just having the odd diet coke, I am going to try and find an alcoholic beverage I like that is low carb.. i am not a big drinker but I do like to have a few now and again..

I am thinking vodka and something.. maybe crystal light cranberry / raspberry with lots of crushed ice...anyone have any suggestions?

I stick with light rum (barcardi) and sprite zero. zero carbs :)
BUT it is aspartame (sp) so I try to only have one when I do have them. Then I switch to sparkling water. The other folks never know the difference. So it works when I'm out with that group that likes to push me to drink

kelseys928
11-18-2013, 06:50 PM

I was a big drinker before starting IP and this weekend I decided to finally let myself have a few at my friends going away party...BEWARE!! 2 days later and I am still paying for it. I stayed completely OP food wise and only cheated by drinking but I must have knocked myself out of ketosis because I feel MISERABLE. hungry/cravings/flu like. Also Saturday morning I had been down a lb and that loss is now gone :( Do what you want I am just saying for a girl who used to love to party I do not see myself doing that again while on plan

ps- you get drunk really fast so be careful!

dak1lls
11-18-2013, 08:43 PM
Dak1lls, I just looked up the receipe and it looks gooood!!! Thanks, I'm going to try it this week. How's maintenance???

I am finding it is very challenging for me. I struggle a bit with what I should eat and feel more comfortable with a P2 type of diet. I do add fattier dressings to my salads at lunch time and cheese. For dinner I pretty much do my protein and veggies, I just don't measure anymore. This weekend was Lefse making for Thanksgiving and I didn't really do much sampling, but we drank wine and I really over did it! Others have mentioned being more sensitive to alcohol and boy is that true! Overall, I started phasing off at 2 lbs past my goal and I am down another 4 lbs. I think I need to find a better balance so I don't continue to lose. Who would ever think that would be a problem!? I guess I am just really afraid of regaining so i need to relax a bit.

Clarington45
11-19-2013, 06:51 AM
I was a big drinker before starting IP and this weekend I decided to finally let myself have a few at my friends going away party...BEWARE!! 2 days later and I am still paying for it. I stayed completely OP food wise and only cheated by drinking but I must have knocked myself out of ketosis because I feel MISERABLE. hungry/cravings/flu like. Also Saturday morning I had been down a lb and that loss is now gone :( Do what you want I am just saying for a girl who used to love to party I do not see myself doing that again while on plan

ps- you get drunk really fast so be careful!

thanks for the tips, I do not want to undo the progress I am making.. I might try one or two drinks with zero carbs.. I am sure it will hit me hard, I am not a big drinker anyway.. getting to old for that lol (45)

Clarington45
11-19-2013, 06:53 AM

I hear you, I eat a lot of chicken - I do really like stir frys though so have my chicken with lots of veggies and bean sprouts and soya sauce, or the walden farms bbq sauce is ok for a change too..

sarahBell
11-19-2013, 07:34 AM
All we ever have is chicken and it gets OLD after a while. DS will not eat anything else other than chicken ARGH!

I did get smart with the all the left over turkey we have in the fridge. I LOVE turkey and this is the only time of year I eat it, last night I weighed out zip lock baggies of 8oz or meat. I munched on that off and on all day long. So I wised up and weighed it out, now I know what my 8oz look likes for the day!

Meeshellee
11-19-2013, 05:05 PM
All we ever have is chicken and it gets OLD after a while. DS will not eat anything else other than chicken ARGH!

I did get smart with the all the left over turkey we have in the fridge. I LOVE turkey and this is the only time of year I eat it, last night I weighed out zip lock baggies of 8oz or meat. I munched on that off and on all day long. So I wised up and weighed it out, now I know what my 8oz look likes for the day!

Speaking of protien getting old...sometimes I get so lazy that I just hard boil several eggs and call it dinner. Not the most fancy recipe, but it serves the purpose.

nolasmurf
11-19-2013, 05:23 PM
Speaking of protien getting old...sometimes I get so lazy that I just hard boil several eggs and call it dinner. Not the most fancy recipe, but it serves the purpose.

That's a GREAT idea. I just can't get it in my head that I could eat that many eggs tho.. It just seems like a lot. maybe if I 'deviled' them..

The WF chipotle mayo is the bomb so yup I'm making deviled eggs tonight. LOL

dak1lls
11-20-2013, 11:26 AM
That's a GREAT idea. I just can't get it in my head that I could eat that many eggs tho.. It just seems like a lot. maybe if I 'deviled' them..

I haven't tried the WF Chipotle Mayo, I'll have to give that a try. I have been making Rainbow's mayo and really like it as well. I have used it for deviled eggs as well and seasoned it up a bit more. They were quite good. I could stuff myself with hard boiled eggs though. I love them with tons of sea salt! That has been my go to snack when I need extra protein and I'm feeling HUNGRY. My DD and I were standing in the kitchen eating hard boiled eggs over the sink as we salted them the other day. lol. Egg salad is great rolled up in a lettuce leaf too!

Meeshellee
11-20-2013, 11:27 AM

How did your deviled eggs turn out?

nolasmurf
11-20-2013, 11:39 AM
How did your deviled eggs turn out?

I didn't make them yet! My sweetie didn't buy eggs the other day and there where only 3 left. That's his go to breakfast so I didn't want to use them up. I'm off to the store this afternoon for veggies so I'll grab some ! :)

sarahBell
11-20-2013, 02:17 PM
I am at 94% today!! THat is WAAAAAAAAAYYYY better than sunday-tuesday!

GO ME!!! I am just so happy over my Maxi dress fitting- I just wish I had a pic of me in it BEFORE but I was so humiliated about wearing it I did not even let DH see me in it! PLus my shirt today is falling off my shoulders (and many more shirts) so things are looking UP!

nolasmurf
11-20-2013, 02:23 PM
I am at 94% today!! THat is WAAAAAAAAAYYYY better than sunday-tuesday!

GO ME!!! I am just so happy over my Maxi dress fitting- I just wish I had a pic of me in it BEFORE but I was so humiliated about wearing it I did not even let DH see me in it! PLus my shirt today is falling off my shoulders (and many more shirts) so things are looking UP!

:dance: :dance: so happy for you!

vzubie
11-20-2013, 09:26 PM
The chicken wings sound great! I have to give them a try!

wantanewme
11-20-2013, 09:38 PM
When I get bored with meat I do one of four things: make a veggie and egg scramble, make a veggie frittata, hard boil eggs and have with a salad, or make 8 ounces of tuna salad and have half for lunch with half of my garlic crisps and have the other half for dinner with the rest of the garlic crisps.

Clarington45
11-21-2013, 05:57 AM
Morning all, I am down 2 pounds this week, I will take it :).. I just joined a gym and am going to try and go at least 4 days a week at lunch.. I started yesterday and boy can I feel it.. my body fat percentage is sooo high, to embarrassing to even share.. so besides losing weight I am going to focus on losing body fat too.. I am going to get checked once a month.. the trainer took my measurements, fat percentage, etc.. so looking forward to getting more fit.. I can't get much worse:) lol..

nolasmurf
11-21-2013, 10:05 AM
Hey 90% ers so I ve been doing pretty near 100 % and saw a loss this week. Yup even after eating pizza on Sunday. Hope you all are doing well!

sarahBell
11-21-2013, 10:13 AM
Hey 90% ers so I ve been doing pretty near 100 % and saw a loss this week. Yup even after eating pizza on Sunday. Hope you all are doing well!

WOOT WOOT!! :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

I have not stepped on the scale since either sunday or Monday. It worries me that I have not kept tabs on how I am doing, so tomorrow will be D-day for me either it goes down or up!

nolasmurf
11-21-2013, 10:37 AM
WOOT WOOT!! :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

I have not stepped on the scale since either sunday or Monday. It worries me that I have not kept tabs on how I am doing, so tomorrow will be D-day for me either it goes down or up!

Hey but whatever that damn scale says just remember how nice that dress looked and your hubby's compliment ! :D you're on the right track

sarahBell
11-21-2013, 10:53 AM
Hey but whatever that damn scale says just remember how nice that dress looked and your hubby's compliment ! :D you're on the right track

Very True. BUT I am smelling onderland and it soooooooo close LOL. I may have blown it over the weekend but life goes on!

Sunflower40
11-21-2013, 10:57 AM
I would like to say that I'm glad you ladies are keeping it real. I read this thread every day and get inspiration and encouragement. I feel you guys have a balanced approach to losing weight.

Thanks for sharing.

sarahBell
11-21-2013, 11:02 AM
I would like to say that I'm glad you ladies are keeping it real. I read this thread every day and get inspiration and encouragement. I feel you guys have a balanced approach to losing weight.

Thanks for sharing.

You are so welcome. I live a real life of family and kids, mainly a 2year old here at home who just is a massive pack of energy and wants momma all the time. My days are crazy busy and I am lucky if I get to eat at a decent time!!!

I take things as they come, I an plan out for a week BUT that ends up scrapped so it is hour by hour for moi most of the time I am so :tired: :tired: i cant think straight!

Meeshellee
11-21-2013, 11:41 AM
Hey everyone! Happy Thursday. I made chocolate chip cookies last night and I indulged in a few. Saw it on the scale this morning, but it was worth it. Shooting for 100% today. :)

Jojo381972
11-21-2013, 03:30 PM
Hey girls, I was so 100% OP, but I've changed a bit in the last few weeks. I have ate feta cheese a few times and had some avocado recently. I guess eating fat isn't as bad as eating carbs.

I do applaud you all for getting back on track after slip ups. Life does get in the way that's for sure and ultimately it is a learning process. I don't post much in this or the 100% thread, but I do read them. Have a good one!

AliExpat
11-21-2013, 04:46 PM
Hi Lovelies!!!

So today I had two hard boiled eggs with onions and cukes between breakfast and lunch. What a difference it makes. I adjust my servings of daily veggie accordingly. I then had my lunch (a salad:shrug:) with bbq ridges...BUT THEN I had a second restricted!! I needed something sweet and my co-worker had Strawberry Wafers! (my new guilty pleasure).

So there's my confession for the day. I guess no more restricteds for me this week *humph*

DJ72
11-22-2013, 10:43 AM
Happy Friday everybody!
And ohhhh chicken wings! Gotta try those babies!

sarahBell
11-22-2013, 10:49 AM
Ok I am down 2lbs this week and I will take it given how it started off!

patns
11-23-2013, 11:37 AM
Ok I am down 2lbs this week and I will take it given how it started off!

Good for you!!!

Wine4me
11-24-2013, 04:15 AM
Today was my first "binge". I feel awful . I have done so well for seven weeks. I did track it and had about 70 gr of carbs tonight. Tomorrow we are hosting a football party at the house. How do I stay away from temptations? Especially alcohol? Please kick me in the butt!

deelee10
11-24-2013, 02:35 PM
Hi!

Just popped on 3fc and saw the title of this group. HA!!! I literally laughed out loud. Very good name. Today is my first day OP after a chocolate binge. I will read more of your thread when I have more time - just wanted to say hello.

deelee10
11-24-2013, 02:45 PM
Today was my first "binge". I feel awful . I have done so well for seven weeks. I did track it and had about 70 gr of carbs tonight. Tomorrow we are hosting a football party at the house. How do I stay away from temptations? Especially alcohol? Please kick me in the butt!

I once uttered similar words on an IP thread. The reply? "Consider your butt kicked!"

Sometimes you want someone to tell you to not be so hard on yourself. But sometimes you don't. I read parts of the Skinny Girl book. She said about a binge, "Just stop. Don't think, 'Well, I've blown it any way. I might as well wait 'til tomorrow, or Monday, etc. JUST STOP NOW,'" It really helps me. Cuz when you get on the scale, it's that much less that you have to re-lose.

You can do it!

Meeshellee
11-25-2013, 07:42 PM
Hello 90%ers! Well I had friends in town this weekend (Fri - Sun) for shopping and birthday time. Went to dinner Texas Roadhouse (YUMMY)...I stayed away from the free peanuts, rolls, and appetizer that my friends got. I had the salmon with veggies, green beans and a side salad. I only ate about half of the beans as they were covered in some type of oil and bacon. Had lowfat ranch on my salad, minus the croutons...kept the cheese....sssshhhh don't tell anyone. Breakfast the next morning at a local bar type place....had a ham, sausage, cheese omlette, without the biscuit, hashbrowns, or complimentary mini cinnamon roll (looked delicious). Then for lunch we wend to Red Robin (I know, way too much eating out)...I had a cheeseburger, minus mayo in a lettuce wrap and a side salad instead of fries. I logged all of my calories for the weekend into MFP and had some pretty high numbers (1400ish), but I'm feeling like I'm still in ketosis. I was 100% yesterday and so far today...weighed in this morning to assess the damage from the weekend and I was down about 2 lbs from Thursday! Not sure how that happened, but I'm not complaining.

Skinnyjeangirl
11-26-2013, 09:46 AM
Hello 90%ers! Well I had friends in town this weekend (Fri - Sun) for shopping and birthday time. Went to dinner Texas Roadhouse (YUMMY)...I stayed away from the free peanuts, rolls, and appetizer that my friends got. I had the salmon with veggies, green beans and a side salad. I only ate about half of the beans as they were covered in some type of oil and bacon. Had lowfat ranch on my salad, minus the croutons...kept the cheese....sssshhhh don't tell anyone. Breakfast the next morning at a local bar type place....had a ham, sausage, cheese omlette, without the biscuit, hashbrowns, or complimentary mini cinnamon roll (looked delicious). Then for lunch we wend to Red Robin (I know, way too much eating out)...I had a cheeseburger, minus mayo in a lettuce wrap and a side salad instead of fries. I logged all of my calories for the weekend into MFP and had some pretty high numbers (1400ish), but I'm feeling like I'm still in ketosis. I was 100% yesterday and so far today...weighed in this morning to assess the damage from the weekend and I was down about 2 lbs from Thursday! Not sure how that happened, but I'm not complaining.

Happy Dance!:o

jemma51
11-26-2013, 10:40 AM
pretty disappointed in myself right now. Tom came to visit for the first time since starting. Then on Sat. went to a college football game. Got to hang out in the suites all day. It was a catered event and I tried my hardest to stay OP. I had a lot of salad with the italian dressing offered. A diet coke a few bites of cheese and some wine. I haven't lost anything in a week. Didn't gain either but I hope I haven't totally screwed this up.

Meeshellee
11-26-2013, 11:18 AM
pretty disappointed in myself right now. Tom came to visit for the first time since starting. Then on Sat. went to a college football game. Got to hang out in the suites all day. It was a catered event and I tried my hardest to stay OP. I had a lot of salad with the italian dressing offered. A diet coke a few bites of cheese and some wine. I haven't lost anything in a week. Didn't gain either but I hope I haven't totally screwed this up.

Since I started IP I've had diet soda twice (drank it daily prior to IP), and it seems like both times it caused my weight to go up a bit or to stall. Chug lots of water to flush things out, that usually helps me!

sarahBell
11-26-2013, 11:22 PM
this week sucks already. I am having a HARD time keeping on track :(

Meeshellee
11-26-2013, 11:32 PM
this week sucks already. I am having a HARD time keeping on track :(

Awe. I'm sorry Sarah. The holidays are hard. Wish there was something I could say to get you back on track...just know that you can't change what you just ate, but you can change what you're about to eat. :)

sarahBell
11-26-2013, 11:36 PM
Awe. I'm sorry Sarah. The holidays are hard. Wish there was something I could say to get you back on track...just know that you can't change what you just ate, but you can change what you're about to eat. :)

Aww thanks :)

we have been putting hard wood floors in the upstairs of our house and it is a lot of work and trying to eat right when you just don't have a minute to spare is hard and ds #2 makes it that much more chaotic.

So I am just bummed abt today and yesterday I blew it so far out of the water they are orbiting earth!

Meeshellee
11-27-2013, 06:04 PM
Hoping all of you 90%ers have a great Thanksgiving. I don't plan to be 100%, but I do plan to be 80%-90%. I will be 100% with my water intake and my vegetables. Good luck all!

stephascope
11-27-2013, 07:45 PM
Hello 90%ers. It's day 39 of 100% for me; however, I have my staff Christmas party Saturday night. I have planned to "cheat" that night since we are going to a fantastic restaurant and I don't want to feel deprived and miserable. The problem is that I am now scared to eat anything off plan. I worry it will make me sick. I always appreciate a drink or two at these functions as I'm a bit of an introvert and the booze helps me make the small talk. Was planning to nurse a small glass of wine all night. Can those of you who have "cheated" here and there let me know how eating/drinking off plan has made you feel? I'm hoping the portions at this restaurant are very small and I can get away with just a couple bites of the bad stuff and it won't hurt me too much! Thanks for your help :D

sarahBell
11-27-2013, 08:39 PM
Hello 90%ers. It's day 39 of 100% for me; however, I have my staff Christmas party Saturday night. I have planned to "cheat" that night since we are going to a fantastic restaurant and I don't want to feel deprived and miserable. The problem is that I am now scared to eat anything off plan. I worry it will make me sick. I always appreciate a drink or two at these functions as I'm a bit of an introvert and the booze helps me make the small talk. Was planning to nurse a small glass of wine all night. Can those of you who have "cheated" here and there let me know how eating/drinking off plan has made you feel? I'm hoping the portions at this restaurant are very small and I can get away with just a couple bites of the bad stuff and it won't hurt me too much! Thanks for your help :D
Hello Ms Steph :)

Well for me I feel kinda guilty, sometimes I mentally screaming at ME. BUT you are human and cant help but make mistakes. Yes you control what you eat as well.

I wish day in and out that I can be 100% because I feel better physically and emotionally and my scale likes me more. BUT I stray and nibble, taste and lick more than I should.

If I were you I would use your best judgement and step into this party with care.

Have fun and you look beautiful in your pic and I bet you will just be a show stopper at the party!

wantanewme
11-27-2013, 09:37 PM

just sip your wine, drink lots of water, and make sure you're eating too. have some carbs so you don't become hypoglycemic. there's no reason to feel guilty. you've worked hard for almost 6 weeks. enjoy yourself for the night and get back on track the next day. i think part of this weight-loss journey is to learn how to relate to food in a healthy, guilt-free way. i will say that if you go heavy on carbs on alcohol you will experience some "withdrawal" the next day, maybe 2. but it really depends on how much you have. a glass of wine and a few bites of food is not going to do you in at all. have fun!

Meeshellee
11-28-2013, 09:57 AM
Hello Ms Steph :)

Well for me I feel kinda guilty, sometimes I mentally screaming at ME. BUT you are human and cant help but make mistakes. Yes you control what you eat as well.

I wish day in and out that I can be 100% because I feel better physically and emotionally and my scale likes me more. BUT I stray and nibble, taste and lick more than I should.

If I were you I would use your best judgement and step into this party with care.

Have fun and you look beautiful in your pic and I bet you will just be a show stopper at the party!

This is exactly right, if you cheat, you may end up with a little stomach ache and some guilt. I like what someone posted in the other threads about keeping in mind how you want to feel when you go to bet that night after the celebrating is over. I'm going to keep this in mind for sure.

vzubie
11-28-2013, 10:33 PM
I have been reading all your posts and I have to say that this is a great thread! We all want to stay 100% OP, but we're human and we slip up from time to time. The important thing to remember is not to be too hard on yourself and get back on track the next day!

sarahBell
11-28-2013, 10:35 PM
HAPPY TURKEY DAY!!! Today was so-so for me. I did a bit better but I WI tomorrow so lets see!!!

Meeshellee
11-29-2013, 01:17 AM
Happy thanksgiving all. Hope everyone had a good holiday. Other than breakfast (IP cran-granita) I was 100% off program today. Hitting it hard tomorrow to get back on track and get back in ketosis. :)

nolasmurf
11-29-2013, 09:35 AM
I too was off plan, yesterday. But I had very small amounts of the things I shouldn't have eaten. Just a taste and then I moved on. Back to the pal today!

sarahBell
11-29-2013, 10:02 AM
No movement either direction on the scale, I can take that :) Happy Friday everyone

djs06
11-29-2013, 08:57 PM
Hi ladies (and gents, if you are here!) I hope you don't mind me joining you. I did Ideal Protein last year for 4 months or so and had happily lost 35 pounds. Then I had a lot of crappy things happen and fell off the wagon big time (I'd go a few days here and there totally OP and feeling good, which limited the gain for awhile- but then I just went off the rails completely) and sadly have gained almost exactly all of the weight I worked so hard to lose RIGHT back. Maybe I'm totally crazy but for some reason I feel that 'eating season' is the perfect time to embark on this again. IP is literally the only thing that has worked so well for me (even the weight regain took significantly longer than it could have, really) and while I sometimes have a rough time with it, I'm ready to commit to it again. Luckily I have a ton of IP food still- most of my absolute favorites are gone, but maybe that's good for now. I'm starting Sunday- only because I need a grocery run that won't happen until tomorrow!

So.. looking forward to getting to know you all!

SkinnyChiz
11-29-2013, 09:57 PM
Hi ladies (and gents, if you are here!) I hope you don't mind me joining you. I did Ideal Protein last year for 4 months or so and had happily lost 35 pounds. Then I had a lot of crappy things happen and fell off the wagon big time (I'd go a few days here and there totally OP and feeling good, which limited the gain for awhile- but then I just went off the rails completely) and sadly have gained almost exactly all of the weight I worked so hard to lose RIGHT back. Maybe I'm totally crazy but for some reason I feel that 'eating season' is the perfect time to embark on this again. IP is literally the only thing that has worked so well for me (even the weight regain took significantly longer than it could have, really) and while I sometimes have a rough time with it, I'm ready to commit to it again. Luckily I have a ton of IP food still- most of my absolute favorites are gone, but maybe that's good for now. I'm starting Sunday- only because I need a grocery run that won't happen until tomorrow!

So.. looking forward to getting to know you all!

Good luck , We believe in you ! welcome back ! Don't beat yourself up too much.

sarahBell
11-30-2013, 09:22 PM
Today I was NOT even 80% oh well tomorrow will be better!

Clarington45
12-01-2013, 08:00 AM
I haven't been on the boards for a few days so just wanted to check in and say hi..:) I am about 80% on program but feeling pretty good.. have been out of my normal routine.. Hope everyone else is doing well.

swerdna59
12-01-2013, 08:59 AM
I have had success getting some pounds off that I gained back after my original losses. I have decided my best plan for the long haul is to eat P2 for the most part, have protein bars or Quest bars at work for my lunch, drink lots of water, and just do the best I can. I am now able to wear some of the slacks I bought when I first lost the weight...not all of them, but depending upon the style/cut, the 8's are starting to fit again which is awesome. I have to remember that sizing in women's clothing is different from brand to brand and even within a brand so I try to go more by fit than anything else but that size # can play mind games on me! The next step for me is to add exercise back into my weekly routine. I have had a hard time doing that the past couple of months due to a very busy work schedule with lots of traveling but after this week that will subside so I need to decide what I want to do now that it is too cold and dark to go outside for walks or runs. I have a treadmill and lots of DVDs so no excuse.

stephascope
12-01-2013, 11:51 AM
Soo, I had my staff Christmas party last night. Indulged in a bit of wine and food as planned. Was doing really well until the cappucino and dessert showed up. Started to feel a bit sick after that and woke up at 6am a little pukey. I now know what it feels like to "cheat" on this plan - it's not really worth it, and I'm glad. I won't be 100% over Christmas but I will try to stay low carb and lay off the alcohol for sure! Used a ketostix and there are still trace ketones present. Only .2 up the scale from yesterday. If I'm lucky it won't catch up with me!

nolasmurf
12-01-2013, 01:40 PM
I've been thinking a lot about Christmas. I'll be heading out for 4 days in TX with my family. I've decided that I'm going to enjoy myself but not over indulge. If I'm going to have a cocktail then I won't have sweets and vice versa. I haven't seen my MawMaw in two years so I'm very excited plus I get to see all this new property that my parents have acquired. They are planning for retirement in the next 2 years and have bought a bunch of vacation rental homes in Rockport Tx. Which is right on Matagorda Bay and a really beautiful area.

I just had a chocolate truffle from a huge box of Russell Stover candies that someone brought to my office and I feel a bit pukey now. My body really is getting to the point that I can't handle sweets. I guess that's a good thing. It stops me from binging on them.

dak1lls
12-01-2013, 02:50 PM
I have had success getting some pounds off that I gained back after my original losses. I have decided my best plan for the long haul is to eat P2 for the most part, have protein bars or Quest bars at work for my lunch, drink lots of water, and just do the best I can. I am now able to wear some of the slacks I bought when I first lost the weight...not all of them, but depending upon the style/cut, the 8's are starting to fit again which is awesome. I have to remember that sizing in women's clothing is different from brand to brand and even within a brand so I try to go more by fit than anything else but that size # can play mind games on me! The next step for me is to add exercise back into my weekly routine. I have had a hard time doing that the past couple of months due to a very busy work schedule with lots of traveling but after this week that will subside so I need to decide what I want to do now that it is too cold and dark to go outside for walks or runs. I have a treadmill and lots of DVDs so no excuse.

So far in maintenance I find P2 works well for me too. Then, I just indulge a little when I really want a treat. I have overdone it this weekend, but had already planned to do so. I am back on the P1 bandwagon tomorrow morning. Will be interesting to see the scale numbers tomorrow. Yikes. I have been looking at treadmills and have a sneaking suspicion that DH got me one for Christmas. It gets a bit too cold for outdoor walks here for sure. I did buy a dance exercise DVD but found I am ridiculously uncoordinated. Lol.

Meeshellee
12-03-2013, 01:50 PM
Ok, so I went completely off program from Thurs to Sunday. Not what I had originally planned for myself, but once I started to indulge everything just snowballed. Damage has been done, up 4.8 at my weigh in this morning. 100% back on track yesterday (not even 90%), and hoping for a big loss next week. Hope everyone had more willpower than I did over the long weekend.

AliExpat
12-03-2013, 03:34 PM
Hi Lovelies!!!

I haven't posted in a few days but I'm still around. So at my last weigh in I was up .05lbs but it was TOM and apparently the Big C was rearing it's ugly head (why do those to always join forces???) Anyway, last week I was determined to post a loss DESPITE Thanksgiving on Thursday and my Birthday on Friday. We had a huge Thanksgiving meal in the office. I got my regular salad then had some turkey and ham (about 8oz total) and I had a mouthful of my Mac n Cheese (had to make sure it was good). Then Friday Hubby took me out for Chinese. I had sliced pork w/ veggies (all IP approved) and instead of rice I had addition steamed veggies. We also had wonton soup, which I actually took the yummy insides out of the wonton and put the wonton to the side. Hubby ordered the fried wontons and, since it was my bday I had two!!! OH SOOO GOOD. I was really good the rest of the weekend and wound up losing 3.1 at weigh in. If I didn't indulge I probably could have hit the 40 pound mark...oh well. There's always this week.

Hang in there Lovelies!!!

sarahBell
12-03-2013, 04:37 PM
I am soooooooooooooooooooo close to ONEderland I taste it!!! It smells like it will taste like V-I-C-T-O-R-Y :broc:

Sunflower40
12-03-2013, 08:29 PM
I am soooooooooooooooooooo close to ONEderland I taste it!!! It smells like it will taste like V-I-C-T-O-R-Y :broc:

you should change your ticker:D

sarahBell
12-03-2013, 08:50 PM
you should change your ticker:D

I will Friday after my WI!

Meeshellee
12-05-2013, 03:26 PM
This board has been quiet for a couple days. What happened to all our 90%ers??

wantanewme
12-05-2013, 06:52 PM
This board has been quiet for a couple days. What happened to all our 90%ers??

I'm here! 100% for a few days after going off program for 4 days over Thanksgivkng. Hoping to stay this way for 3 weeks but in a couple of weeks I'll be making Christmas cookies with my kids. Must stay strong! Mug stay strong!

sarahBell
12-05-2013, 08:21 PM
I am struggling this week big time

nolasmurf
12-06-2013, 09:35 AM
Well had a few drinks last night and a couple of bites of fried alligator tail. Ugh. My tummy is super upset this am. Today it's going to be 100%.

Hope y'all are doing well!

Meeshellee
12-06-2013, 02:13 PM
I am struggling this week big time

Awe, sarahBell, I'm sorry to hear that. What's tripping you up? Anything we can do to help?

sarahBell
12-06-2013, 02:23 PM
Awe, sarahBell, I'm sorry to hear that. What's tripping you up? Anything we can do to help?

Sugar and more sugar plus I stalled out this week! Oh well such is life

Meeshellee
12-06-2013, 02:29 PM
Sugar and more sugar plus I stalled out this week! Oh well such is life

If it makes you feel any better, I cheated Thurs-Sun of last week. Gained alot! But I went back OP on Monday and I have lost what I gained plus a little more. I was surprised how quickly the weight came off from my Thanksgiving binge. I think it's kind of like a bandaid, just have to rip it off and get back on track. I'm rooting for you!

nolasmurf
12-07-2013, 10:52 AM
Yea Thursday and yesterday were pretty much epic fail kinda days. Gotta get back on track today. Stay warm and safe yall

SkinnyChiz
12-08-2013, 12:52 AM
Yesterday was a tought day . My flight was late. Not much options at the airport late at night. I had a starbucks oat bar. That was the best I could do. Better choice then chips or a bagel .
Back at 100% today !

Hiker88
12-08-2013, 09:13 AM
Yesterday was a tought day . My flight was late. Not much options at the airport late at night. I had a starbucks oat bar. That was the best I could do. Better choice then chips or a bagel .
Back at 100% today !

Traveling can be challenging. I travel for work and I've learned to eat some protein just before I leave the house and then bring a purse full of IP products. Once I'm through security I just need a bottle of water.

sarahBell
12-08-2013, 10:04 AM
It can be a massive challenge to drop habits that have formed over the decades.............my bad habit is munching and grazing. I for some reason this weekend cannot stop!!! Stupid taste buds

Skinnyjeangirl
12-08-2013, 11:00 AM
Had a cookie yesterday!

nolasmurf
12-08-2013, 09:42 PM
This weekend has sucked. I'm glad it's over. Gotta get my head on straight for tomorrow. I ate off plan 50% of the weekend. :/

Gotta take my daughter to an orthopedist tomorrow, she's injured her knee somehow. Hope it's not serious

trishthayer
12-09-2013, 12:27 AM
I agree this weekend sucked!!!! I did a craft fair all weekend and god today I was so tired and I just kept eating. I did not eat anything off plan but I must have had 2 or 3 days worth of on plan food today, lol. Okay back to OP 100% in the morning...hopefully!!!

sarahBell
12-09-2013, 07:40 AM
yesterday was hard but I am going to get myself flying right today! Considering yesterday I effed up royally. Ds had earned some $$$ for good grades and the praise from his teacher at conferences was off the charts, so dh gave him some $$$. Well lastnight he treated us to Ice Cream at McDs. I told him that was sweet but I would like to pass, he got a sad face and was hurt. So yes I had an ice cream cone because he was treating and he had this roud look on his face, he even handed the cashier the $$ and told her "I am buying my family ice cream tonight"

That sweet gesture gained me 2.2 lbs, so I need to be good!

AND the EAS shakes I bought are the lean muscle ones NOT the low carb **DOH**

djs06
12-09-2013, 11:29 AM
Aww, Sarah, that is so cute. I would have had a lot of trouble saying no also. Today is a new day!

Well, I had to restart yesterday.. again. I started last Sunday and got through the day, but the next day (my luck, lol) I came down with a horrible stomach flu and it literally took me until Saturday to feel normal again. I couldn't even look at my protein foods or meat without feeling queasy until then. Good news is I still lost weight and it stayed off (ha) and I lost even more on day 1! And I'm not really that hungry for my first few days because I got used to eating almost nothing (albeit all carbs like rice, etc).

Kawaii1002
12-09-2013, 02:07 PM
First time posting in this thread, so hello to everyone. I'm scared and a bit nervous for my WI tomorrow since over the weekend I really feel like I "blew it". We were at two different gatherings this weekend. An overnight party at a friends house where they had all sorts of junk. I managed not to eat any cookies, cake, pasta, chips, or any food that wasn't on plan, but I totally snafu'ed since I kept drinking coffee and not thinking too much about the 1 oz half and half I was adding (even measured it out each time) until I realized I probably had about 6oz of half and half on Saturday.. which means I also had 6 splenda that day too..

Hope it doesn't negatively impact me TOO much..I am so close to my first goal, and I feel like I could kick myself.. :(

wosmama
12-09-2013, 07:37 PM
oh man i had a rough week. I have awful PMS and today TOM showed up. And, as usual, the minute it actually gets here, I feel better. But all week I was HUNGRY. I mean HUNGRY. I had something extra every day... a couple oz of meat, a cup of veg, a supplement, etc. And I doubt I'm down at all.

I am realizing that every single plan I go on, I quit in week 3. And it's all related to my cycle. The first week was fine, and the closer it got to my period the hungrier I got. I'm not sure if I should just plan that one week a month I eat an extra supplement and try not to gain instead of try to lose, or what. I'm proud of myself for not bingeing on whatever carbs I can get my hands on, but I mean I have been MISERABLE this week. WI tmw am.

sarahBell
12-09-2013, 08:40 PM
today was bad. I just craved sugar and it SUCKS

Meeshellee
12-09-2013, 08:55 PM
today was bad. I just craved sugar and it SUCKS

Do you know if you're in ketosis?

sarahBell
12-09-2013, 10:15 PM
Do you know if you're in ketosis?

heck no. I blew that clean out of the water yesterday!

Meeshellee
12-09-2013, 11:09 PM
Gotcha. Do you have cravings when you're in ketosis? I usually don't, which tends to motivate me to get back on track. I sympathize with you for sure. I was in your shoes last week...see my signature (huge gain). I'm routing for you!

AliExpat
12-10-2013, 09:39 AM
Hi 90%ers!!!

I've been 100% for the past month but this past weekend I had a wicked craving for RICE of all things. I made some spanish rice for DH and last night I had a small serving (half a cup) with my chicken and broccoli. Oh I felt so good! I felt satisfied and full and it was the best darn rice I've had in a long time. Today, craving is gone, tummy is fine and I can concentrate on eating correctly.

wantanewme
12-10-2013, 02:05 PM
I'm happy a very hard time staying OP. it's a state of mind and I can't seem to get back to where I need to be. I'm 15 pounds from goal. If I just stopped sabotaging myself I'd be there in 1 month. It's been all downhill since Thanksgiving. I'll have a couple of good days then go off track. I know some of it was from PMS and TOM. But I really need to buckle down now. A part of me just wants to quit but I had committed myself to doing this until the end of the year. That's just three weeks away. If I stopped this madness I could be 10 pounds lighter by then and 5 pounds from goal. Why oh why? Someone please knock some sense into me please.