Ideal Protein Diet - IP Daily Chat Wednesday 10/30/2013

lisa32989
10-30-2013, 07:01 AM
:welcome2:
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/243142-have-question-about-ip-read-here-first-before-posting-question.html): Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
(http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-exercise-other-important-threads.html)and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/4701599-post49.html)

NOTE: Attached files in stickies (and elsewhere) have been nonfunctional for the past few weeks. Admin are a aware of the problem & it has been reported to tech support. Links to Googledocs have been added for protocol sheets until technical issues are resolved

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/221536-real-cost-cheating-ideal-protein.html)

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/261885-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow.html)
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/268669-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow-volumn-2-a.html)
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/212175-fun-ideal-protein-packets.html)
Fun with Veggie Purees! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/264231-fun-veggie-purees.html)
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/273856-ideal-protein-diet-recipes-4-a.html)
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/270950-ideal-protein-tips-recipes-incredible-weight-loss-center.html)

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html) for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/3427715-post155.html) Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/).

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19)

ohjuly7878
10-30-2013, 07:20 AM
Good morning Lisa, and all Ipeeps. Wishing everyone a good day and stay out of mischief ;-)

Docsaver
10-30-2013, 07:24 AM
It's Hump day! Hi Lisa :)

Hope everyone has an amazing day.

JaneDeaux
10-30-2013, 09:04 AM
It's Hump Day! Also over the hump in my diet, as for the first time since 1998, I weigh under 300 pounds. Hooray! Twoderville is a lovely place...

shrinkingsusie
10-30-2013, 09:13 AM
Good morning!!!

Ruth Ann
10-30-2013, 09:29 AM
It's Hump Day! Also over the hump in my diet, as for the first time since 1998, I weigh under 300 pounds. Hooray! Twoderville is a lovely place...

Congrats Jane! :bravo::bravo:

sarahBell
10-30-2013, 09:30 AM
good morning everyone :) have a sweet day :)

tawanda
10-30-2013, 09:33 AM
Congratulations Jane! So proud of you!!

Maxxy
10-30-2013, 09:47 AM
I think I have finally hit a plateau....darn!

I had set my goal and when I reached it, I decided I could probably do 10 lbs more. And for the last 2 weeks I am stuck. I go -.4 and then +.4 but never more than than.

Does this mean my body says this is where it is supposed to be? If I don't lose anymore, it's okay because I am comfortable with this size but I was sure hoping for one size smaller.

Any suggestions how to kick start again!

I am back on P1. I phased off when I hit my goal and went on a vacation. since I got back, it's been P1

shrinkingsusie
10-30-2013, 10:00 AM

Congrats!! That is amazing!

sarahBell
10-30-2013, 10:00 AM

that is wonderful!!! Congrats :hug:

Princess Peacock
10-30-2013, 10:07 AM
Good morning IP'ers!
I'm looking for a new source for frozen rhubarb. Can someone recommend a vendor or website? My local Whole Foods quit carrying it a while back and say that their supplier no longer carries it. It cannot be grown down here in the South, so fresh rhubarb is only a rare and occasional find.
I have one bag left in the freezer and am trying to save it for thanksgiving (fake "cranberry" dish). Rhubarb was a once a week treat for me, and the idea of never having it again saddens me!

Bella73123
10-30-2013, 10:13 AM
Well today is WI#2 of my restart. I have to say I was pretty disappointed. My first time on IP I lost 7lbs and 5lbs. This time was 8.4 and only 2. I know the first two weeks are usually when you see your biggest loss, so this was pretty disheartening. I'm hoping this has something to do with TOM, although that didnt effect my loses the first time around. At least on the positive side, I am no longer in the obese category! :-)

Posted from 3fatchicks.com App for Android

emsmom97
10-30-2013, 10:26 AM

Twoderville...haven't heard that one before! Congrats....now on to Onederland!!!!

shrinkingsusie
10-30-2013, 10:30 AM
Well today is WI#2 of my restart. I have to say I was pretty disappointed. My first time on IP I lost 7lbs and 5lbs. This time was 8.4 and only 2. I know the first two weeks are usually when you see your biggest loss, so this was pretty disheartening. I'm hoping this has something to do with TOM, although that didnt effect my loses the first time around. At least on the positive side, I am no longer in the obese category! :-)

My first time around I lost 7.4 and 5.8 the first two weeks, this time 8 and 3... and I started at a higher weight this time than last.

2 lbs is still a loss and should be celebrated!! :)

Delgen
10-30-2013, 10:34 AM

Jane, that is so awesome! congratulations!

Delgen
10-30-2013, 10:38 AM

I had set my goal and when I reached it, I decided I could probably do 10 lbs more. And for the last 2 weeks I am stuck. I go -.4 and then +.4 but never more than than.

Does this mean my body says this is where it is supposed to be? If I don't lose anymore, it's okay because I am comfortable with this size but I was sure hoping for one size smaller.

I am back on P1. I phased off when I hit my goal and went on a vacation. since I got back, it's been P1
Keep going and stay op. It will eventually catch up and you will lose.

Some things my coach told me when I was on a plateau, have more bars per week. It sounds counter-intuitive,but it really helped.

Make sure you are drinking all your water, getting all the oil, etc.
She also said eat more spinach as your veggies. They are low in carbs.

Good luck! And hang in there. It will inevitably come off. :hug:

sarahBell
10-30-2013, 10:59 AM

Some things my coach told me when I was on a plateau, have more bars per week. It sounds counter-intuitive,but it really helped.

You mean have more than one restricted a few days a week?

GettinHealthyNow
10-30-2013, 11:00 AM

Congratulations! That's fantastic. Keep up the good work :dizzy:

itzroxy814
10-30-2013, 11:10 AM
Today is my very first day on IP! I am so nervous! I got my pack last night and realized I was so not prepared for what I would need in order to start today. My plan so far today (due to lack of preparation) is the chocolate drink I had for breakfast (by itself), broccoli and cheese soup with added broccoli, then I bought the dill pickle zippers and some cucumber to work as well. Dinner is TBD right now.. lol

I am extremely nervous and have so many questions! I'm afraid I won't do something "right". Like measuring the broccoli and cucumbers I cut up today.... Have to say, it was the first time I ever had to measure vegetables and something just didn't seem "right" when I was trying to measure sliced cucumber in a glass measuring cup lol I felt like it wasn't accurate. Is there an easier way to determine what is a cup, 1/2 cup, etc. of veggies? Thanks everyone!

Maxxy
10-30-2013, 11:16 AM

I will try adding some bars. I guess when you think you are at a plateau you tend to go with less and less thinking it will work. I do have spinach everyday in my shakes for breakfast and sometimes I also have a shake at lunch.

I will keep on trying!!!

SuzieV

We are in the same boat. Were you at this weight earlier in your life? I think when our bodies get to previous set points, they like to hang onto the weight. You can try having a higher calorie day or two and follow it by a lower calorie day...kind of shock your body OR just be patient, instead of driving yourself crazy :dizzy:

GettinHealthyNow
Today is my very first day on IP! I am so nervous! I got my pack last night and realized I was so not prepared for what I would need in order to start today. My plan so far today (due to lack of preparation) is the chocolate drink I had for breakfast (by itself), broccoli and cheese soup with added broccoli, then I bought the dill pickle zippers and some cucumber to work as well. Dinner is TBD right now.. lol

I am extremely nervous and have so many questions! I'm afraid I won't do something "right". Like measuring the broccoli and cucumbers I cut up today.... Have to say, it was the first time I ever had to measure vegetables and something just didn't seem "right" when I was trying to measure sliced cucumber in a glass measuring cup lol I felt like it wasn't accurate. Is there an easier way to determine what is a cup, 1/2 cup, etc. of veggies? Thanks everyone!

Welcome! I am a comparative newbie myself at just over 7 weeks in, but I am down over 25 pounds and have found it so easy to stick to. Just be confident in yourself - you can do this! You're right, pre-planning is key. And it might feel weird to be measuring veggies, but it is the right thing to do - I'm using my glass measuring cup everyday. Cucumbers aren't so bad to slice and measure, asparagus is challenging, but that's my favourite, so I'm doing it 3 times a week at least. Have a great OP day! :carrot::carrot:

sarita75
10-30-2013, 12:04 PM
Good morning all. I hope all are well. I am feeling really bluesy today. Not sure what's happening but I feel like crying. Perhaps TOM (I have an IUD so I never really know). I have been battling a really bad bout of the Big C and have my WI this morning and my scale hasn't budged (sometimes registers higher than last week). Eh, its fine. I have never posted a gain during my time on IP so this might be my first but man ... I feel bluesy and unmotivated.

Alas. Hope everyone else is having an awesome day.

CrystalWolf
10-30-2013, 12:07 PM
Twoderville...haven't heard that one before! Congrats....now on to Onederland!!!!

I was going to say the same thing, I think I even asked once if there was a name. Love it. Congrats on Twoderville JaneDeaux!!!

Welcome, I always find measuring the veggies to be a challenge too. My coach said not to cut them too small because you usually end up with more if that happens. So I just tried to fill the cup as best I could and not over pack it. Gee I am not a lot of help LOL but that is what worked for me.

itzroxy814
10-30-2013, 12:10 PM
Welcome, I always find measuring the veggies to be a challenge too. My coach said not to cut them too small because you usually end up with more if that happens. So I just tried to fill the cup as best I could and not over pack it. Gee I am not a lot of help LOL but that is what worked for me.

I wonder if it would be easier to use my kitchen scale and figure out how many ounces cucumber, asparagus, etc. would be and just weigh it? I sliced cucumber today and when I put it in the cup I felt like I was shorting myself because there was so much (not sure how to explain it) "empty air" where the cucumber was not filling up due to them being sliced/not fitting perfectly in the cup. I imagine that yes, I would only get an accurate amt. if I cut them up smaller to fill all the space of the cup. Thanks!

CrystalWolf
10-30-2013, 12:18 PM
Sarita, I always feel like that after an out of town trip or after company leaves. Hope your day brightens up!

IdealProteinNewbie
10-30-2013, 12:48 PM
Good morning all. I hope all are well. I am feeling really bluesy today. Not sure what's happening but I feel like crying. Perhaps TOM (I have an IUD so I never really know). I have been battling a really bad bout of the Big C and have my WI this morning and my scale hasn't budged (sometimes registers higher than last week). Eh, its fine. I have never posted a gain during my time on IP so this might be my first but man ... I feel bluesy and unmotivated.

:hug:

MntRose
10-30-2013, 01:04 PM
Darn whoever was talking about snow yesterday, lol. I am really happy though I got the near new two thousand dollar treadmill into the house and set up about an hour before it started to blizzard here. I am so very happy for that and it was given to me for free! Works great and now I know I can keep walking through the winter here.

Taking lots of Vitamin D and changed my bulbs to full spectrum ones seems to be helping with my S.A.D. (I just refuse to take the medication that causes weight gain.) Two weeks back OP and starting to feel so much better, mainly I believe I have just stopped beating myself up over things. Oh and best of all down 6.8 pounds this week!

__________________________________________________ ____
Sarita I know how it feels after a trip, like your body is still in a different 'place' than it should be, but you have been such a rock star with this process I bet you will be fine no matter what the scale says. Here's some hugs and good thoughts going your way.

And Jane!!!! You go girl! must be an awesome feeling so just hold onto it, celebrate and savor it. Let it keep you striving towards your goals!

staceyjblack
10-30-2013, 01:30 PM
http://www.upworthy.com/see-why-we-have-an-absolutely-ridiculous-standard-of-beauty-in-just-37-seconds

staceyjblack
10-30-2013, 01:37 PM

YAY!:carrot:

Well today is WI#2 of my restart. I have to say I was pretty disappointed. My first time on IP I lost 7lbs and 5lbs. This time was 8.4 and only 2. I know the first two weeks are usually when you see your biggest loss, so this was pretty disheartening. I'm hoping this has something to do with TOM, although that didnt effect my loses the first time around. At least on the positive side, I am no longer in the obese category! :-)Posted from 3fatchicks.com App for Android

I lost 3 pounds my first week and somewhere around 2 pounds every week after that. This time I lost like 8 pounds my first week, then 5, then 2. Our bodies are strange, but a loss is a loss!! So great job.

Today is my very first day on IP!
:welcome:

Have you tried smooth move tea? I drink it 3 times a week and works like a charm.

65X65
10-30-2013, 01:40 PM

This is hard...At one point IP recommended phasing off at 90% of goal...and I can see why they now try to keep everyone on until goal....

The last 10% really comes off slowly for everyone and we are all familiar with the physiology of that...(They do sell more IP stuff if we stay on the plan til the bloody end...)

I've also been really slow since I got the goal of 65 lbs off...and have decided to phase off now. With all the reading I've done on low carb lifestyle and low GI diets, along with the real experience of others on here, do see it is possible to continue slowly losing more during the steps to maintenance and even in early maintenance. Simply by continuing to keep calories (and carbs) lower than BMR, many have done very well.

:easter2:
My last pounds could realistically take me until next spring....!

Everyone's experiences have been eternally helpful to me. And the courage to share is appreciated. We each have to decide when and why it's right to get off the wagon...and do it real life. That will be maintenance anyhow. Everyday will be a challenge. When it no longer is a challenge...the possibility of failure looms. Keeping that thought is a very good thing for me!

Figgypudding
10-30-2013, 02:08 PM

Yay! Congratulations! :hug:

I think 8.4 is fantastic! My first week was 6 and then i had three weeks of .8

Welcome! You might make a couple mistakes in the beginning. Don't worry about it. Don't beat yourself up but don't have an anything goes attitude either. You can do this. We've got your back! :carrot:

sarita75
10-30-2013, 02:44 PM
Just done with my WI. First no loss week. No gain either, so I am okay with it. Sigh though. Onwards and upwards!

sarahBell
10-30-2013, 02:55 PM
Dinner at my house tonight Chicken and dumplings for everyone but me LOL. It is cool and damp and dreary outside so I had requests for it.

Me Big Mac In a Bowl hehehe, that fills me up so much I LOVE it!
And I did get peppermint Tea at the $1 store and man is it good, it kills the urge to munch

Misstiff
10-30-2013, 03:32 PM
Weighed in today, since I didn't have a weigh in last week I was unsure of what the scale gods had in store. I lost 8lbs making a total of 20lbs gone since I started one month ago. Now off to update my signature ;)

emsmom97
10-30-2013, 03:50 PM
Weighed in today, since I didn't have a weigh in last week I was unsure of what the scale gods had in store. I lost 8lbs making a total of 20lbs gone since I started one month ago. Now off to update my signature ;)

Woo hoo! That's what I'm hoping for next week too...20 pounds gone in a month. Only 3.4 to "donate" this week and I'm there.

oryssia
10-30-2013, 03:52 PM
I have been a lurker here and read as much as I can with interest and receive inspiration. Thank you.

I have been on ip for awhile now. My losses have been steady. Today all of a sudden my weight went up by 6 pounds.

I have no idea why. I had a hysterectomy 10 years ago so it is impossible that it would be the time of the month.

I have been eating really carefully.

I am afraid to go to my weigh in on Friday because my coach will think I have been cheating or slipping. I haven't.

Has this happened to anyone?

I am so worried about weight gain. For years and years, my weight has been right out of control. Finally I thought something was working. :(

O.

GettinHealthyNow
10-30-2013, 03:57 PM
I have been a lurker here and read as much as I can with interest and receive inspiration. Thank you.

I have been on ip for awhile now. My losses have been steady. Today all of a sudden my weight went up by 6 pounds.

I have no idea why. I had a hysterectomy 10 years ago so it is impossible that it would be the time of the month.

I am afraid to go to my weigh in on Friday because my coach will think I have been cheating or slipping. I haven't.

I am so worried about weight gain. For years and years, my weight has been right out of control. Finally I thought something was working. :(

O.

This might be too obvious but if you've been eating OP, perhaps your scale is broken or batteries running low??

AliExpat
10-30-2013, 03:59 PM
Liiiisa...Oh, Liiiiisa!!! Can I PM you pleeeeease??????

65X65
10-30-2013, 04:25 PM
Dinner at my house tonight Chicken and dumplings for everyone but me LOL. It is cool and damp and dreary outside so I had requests for it.

And I did get peppermint Tea at the $1 store and man is it good, it kills the urge to munch

Glad the peppermint tea helps...it works for me too!

CrystalWolf
10-30-2013, 04:42 PM

Love Big Mac in a Bowl, really helped me especially early in the program until I got used to not having a bun for my burger!
Just mentally close yourself inside the plexiglass bullet proof windows of your kevlar wagon with your yummy Big Mac, while they are eating their dumplings!

O.
Welcome out of lurkdom. I don't know that six pounds of water or any type of weight gain can happen in one day even factoring in for the possiblity of big C. I think gettinghealthynow is maybe onto something as far as your scale being the issue. If it is your scale your coach's scale should answer that for you. Can you go for an early weigh in to check?

SweetScrumptious
10-30-2013, 06:51 PM
I just saw a number on the scale that I haven't seen for....oh, prob 3 years!!! :D

178.6 lbs!

sonolady
10-30-2013, 07:24 PM
Lisa Ready for the big game? I was surprised they didn't postpone tonights game after your team had to sit and wait 7 hours to take flight. The Cards have to be tired. May the best team win!

I found some great low carb bread recipes for the bread maker for when I hit maintenance. One has 2 net carbs , the other 4 net carbs... I am looking forward to trying them.

sonolady
10-30-2013, 07:34 PM
Has anyone heated a Designer Whey protein powder drink? I just got some SF pumpkin Torani syrup, I'm dying to have a warm pumpkin drink. I don't like the RTD shakes.

Sweetness0915
10-30-2013, 07:52 PM
Ok so today I made ground turkey and broccoli with garlic sauce. It taste sooo good but I'm worried because it taste kinda to good for diet food. Idk 😒, I weigh in on Friday so I guess I'll know than. Question, can I have gum or listerine strips? If so wat kind?

bimnd113
10-30-2013, 08:06 PM
Good morning IP'ers!
I'm looking for a new source for frozen rhubarb. Can someone recommend a vendor or website? My local Whole Foods quit carrying it a while back and say that their supplier no longer carries it. It cannot be grown down here in the South, so fresh rhubarb is only a rare and occasional find.
I have one bag left in the freezer and am trying to save it for thanksgiving (fake "cranberry" dish). Rhubarb was a once a week treat for me, and the idea of never having it again saddens me!

I get mine at Sprouts (AZ, CA, NV, NM, CO, TX, OK) or Central Market (TX only) but they don't have it consistently. I beg everyone visiting from up north to bring it with them.....

emsmom97
10-30-2013, 08:09 PM
I just saw a number on the scale that I haven't seen for....oh, prob 3 years!!! :D

178.6 lbs!

Congrats! I love seeing new, exciting numbers on the scale. Looking forward to Onederland...that's unexplored territory for me.

lisa32989
10-30-2013, 09:08 PM

178.6 lbs!
:cp:

Lisa Ready for the big game? I was surprised they didn't postpone tonight's game after your team had to sit and wait 7 hours to take flight. The Cards have to be tired. May the best team win!

I just figured a Sox fan is in charge over there at Delta...esp keeping everyone hostage on a plane for 7 hours. I will NEVER understand that. Let the people OFF the plane!!!

In 04 when the Sox swept the Cards in the WS, there was a HUGE hotel problem (like someone CANCELLED the Cards hotel reservations in Boston) & there was no change in game time/day. I always thought the Cards should have returned that favor in St Louis...;)

Looks like the Cards need bat heaters...same as for the last 2 games.

vachinyc
10-30-2013, 09:16 PM

Congrats! :carrot:

Well today is WI#2 of my restart. I have to say I was pretty disappointed. My first time on IP I lost 7lbs and 5lbs. This time was 8.4 and only 2.

Another way to look at it... 10.4 pounds GONE! In just two weeks. That's great!

Great job!

I just saw a number on the scale that I haven't seen for....oh, prob 3 years!!! :D. 178.6 lbs!

Congrats! You must be so excited. I can't wait for those 170s myself.

Happy hump Day all! IP POWER!

Deana509
10-30-2013, 09:27 PM
Question, can I have gum or listerine strips? If so wat kind?

So, I don't know about listerine strips, but I do know what I've read, and been told my coach is that you can have sugarfree mints or gum, as long as they don't contain aspartame.

Dentyne Fire (Cinnamon) gum is good, but you have to watch how much you have, because 2 pieces contain 2 carbs... so just limit the gum per day, and you should be fine...
Most sugarfree Cinnamon gums arent sweetened with aspartame, so I usually go for those...
Good luck!

KareVT
10-30-2013, 09:36 PM
Today was Halloween / trick or treating day at work. Our entire company shuts down from 4-6pm and caters to all of the employees children and provides a fun and safe place to trick or treat. Every department decorated and it gets very competitive. Themes spanned: The Lorax, Alice in Wonderland, Despicable Me (with all of the minions) and other cool concepts.

There were treats EVERYWHERE! Candy, little debbie treats, cookies, cupcakes, lollipops, opera bars, peanut butter cups, snickers, oh my gosh, everything you would ever want and more... AND, you know what, I didn't sneak a piece! I ate my cookie dough swirl bar, drank my water and walked around to distract.. It was SO challenging. But, here I am, hours later and I am thrilled that I didn't cross the line.

I thought of everyone here and all of the advice and support I have received along the way.. Thank goodness your words gave me inner strength. Thanks Everyone!!!! :witch:

IdealProteinNewbie
10-30-2013, 09:41 PM
Today was Halloween / trick or treating day at work. Our entire company shuts down from 4-6pm and caters to all of the employees children and provides a fun and safe place to trick or treat. Every department decorated and it gets very competitive. Themes spanned: The Lorax, Alice in Wonderland, Despicable Me (with all of the minions) and other cool concepts.

There were treats EVERYWHERE! Candy, little debbie treats, cookies, cupcakes, lollipops, opera bars, peanut butter cups, snickers, oh my gosh, everything you would ever want and more... AND, you know what, I didn't sneak a piece! I ate my cookie dough swirl bar, drank my water and walked around to distract.. It was SO challenging. But, here I am, hours later and I am thrilled that I didn't cross the line.

I thought of everyone here and all of the advice and support I have received along the way.. Thank goodness your words gave me inner strength. Thanks Everyone!!!! :witch:

:carrot:

KareVT
10-30-2013, 09:45 PM
Heehee! Thanks IdealProteinNewbie :dust:

Sweetness0915
10-30-2013, 09:55 PM
Thank u ��

sarahBell
10-30-2013, 09:58 PM

WOW way to go!!! :carrot:

KareVT
10-30-2013, 10:02 PM
Thanks saraBell - it was beyond difficult but I just thought about how I would feel if I got through the afternoon, guilt free and it was just what I thought, felt pretty darn good! :dust:

IdealProteinNewbie
10-30-2013, 10:11 PM
Re: WS.

I'm not a fan of the Cards but I REALLY don't want Boston to win. I wish they would get it together and stop playing like little leaguers.

Jenny38
10-30-2013, 10:19 PM

Congratulations!

vachinyc
10-30-2013, 10:35 PM

Yay! Way to go! Woot woot!

It is hard but the choice feels so empowering, right? My office did the same plus with pizza and beer for the adults. I just kept drinking water and staying busy. It felt like a really long day. But I'm happy I didn't go off plan.

IP POWER!

smileyt03
10-30-2013, 10:38 PM
My abdominal fat is not dissappearing fast enough. I have lost 30 lbs tho. Any thoughs. Should I be more agressive in my working out. Can I do situps, etc?

KareVT
10-30-2013, 10:53 PM
:carrot:

Yay! Way to go! Woot woot!

It is hard but the choice feels so empowering, right? My office did the same plus with pizza and beer for the adults. I just kept drinking water and staying busy. It felt like a really long day. But I'm happy I didn't go off plan.

IP POWER!

YES - VERY empowering vachinyc!! Glad you had the IP Power as well. It's really tough but each struggle and challenge makes us stronger.

Happy you made it through your challenging day, as well. Go girl, Go!!! :dust:

Roni Lee
10-30-2013, 11:04 PM

That is terrific. Congratulations you have had great success on this plan. very happy for you:)

lisa32989
10-30-2013, 11:27 PM
My abdominal fat is not dissappearing fast enough. I have lost 30 lbs tho. Any thoughs. Should I be more agressive in my working out. Can I do situps, etc?

That will do a great job of building muscle UNDER your fat
You cannot spot reduce
We don't get to choose where it comes off or the timetable.
It'll happen with patience

thinnerJ
10-31-2013, 12:09 AM
Doing a happy dance as today is my last day on phase 3!! It is ironic that maintenance starts on Halloween but I'm really not tempted to have any candy tomorrow. I have thoughts of what I want on a cheat day (salted caramel ice cream) but I kind of wonder if I'm mostly just enjoying thinking about it as I'm not in a hurry to get to a cheat day. And I'm not interested in going whole hog on cheat day as my coach is saying I can totally do, I just want a small treat.

Anyway, I truly cannot believe that I'm maybe .5lb away from having lost 50lbs!! I kept losing weight as phasing out so I unintentionally surpassed my goal.

So for all those out there struggling or wondering if you can do it. Yes you can!! And it feels fantastic!

And for those of you who hate vegetables, I came into this with a dislike for most of the select vegetables. I've come up with a number of great meals and I think I'm ready for a lifetime of healthier options, I'm definitely ready to eat 4 cups of vegetables a day long term. :)

Sweetness0915
10-31-2013, 05:52 AM
Thank you

sonolady
10-31-2013, 06:13 AM
thinnerJ Congratulations!!!!!! Whooo hooo!! You did it and now onto healthy living!!!!!!