20-Somethings - November Exercise Accountability Thread!
10-28-2013, 09:01 PM
I don't know about you, but I love a place where I can stay accountable (like the daily weigh in thread), but I really want to start a thread that is based on exercise. So here we can have a workout goal, whether it be how many times we work out or how many miles we run. I figured I'd start this a few days early just so people can plan out their next months goals! Hope you can join me on this, lets sweat up a storm and lose some pudge!! See my post below for an example.
10-28-2013, 09:03 PM
Exercise Goal: Stick to 10K training!*
* In case of rain, Insanity will replace run days. Until I get proper winter running clothes!
1. Strength Day ~ Wasn't exactly a strength day but spent 8 hours walking so definitely felt like a workout!
2. Rest Day
3. 2.5 mile run ~ Fail Day. Didn't feel too well.
4. Strength Day
5. 2.5 mile run
Change of routine!
6th - Plyometric Cardio Circuit
7th - Pure Cardio
8th - Plyometric Cardio Circuit
9th - Rest
10th - 3 mile run ~ 33:33 (11:11 min/mi)
11th - Cardio Power & Resistance
12th - Pure Cardio
13th - Plyometric Cardio Circuit
14th - 2 mile run
15th - Cardio Power & Resistance
16th - Rest
17th - 3.5 mile run ~ 37:52 (10:49 min/mi)
18th - Pure Cardio/2.5 mile run
19th - Plyometric Cardio Circuit
20th - Pure Cardio
21st - 2 mile run
22nd - Cardio Power & Resistance
23rd - Rest
24th - 4 mile run
25th - Plyometric Cardio Circuit/3 mile run
26th - Pure Cardio
27th - Cardio Power & Resistance
28th - Plyometric Cardio Circuit
29th - 2.5 mile run/2 mile run
30th - Rest
Successful Days: 9/30
Failed Days: 7/30
10-30-2013, 10:21 AM
I will join you on this. :) I am eating much better than I used to, but I work from home as an illustrator and I am on my butt most of the day. I'd like to make it a goal to get 30 minutes of exercise minimum a day. Mostly cardio, yoga, and figure skating. I take a skating class every Thursday night, and working to take a power skating class every Monday morning and yoga at least once a week. I really would love to drop 20 pounds before the new year. I turn 26 in January. I'd like to stop feeling like a fat slob and keep it all off once and for all. I hate weigh-ins, but I may have to force myself to start weighing myself again.
1. 30 Min Cardio - Done. Did 40 minutes on the bike.
2. 30 Min Cardio - Was home visiting family. Walked dog for 15 minutes.
3. 30 Min Cardio - Walked dog for 15 minutes, then skated fast at the volunteer event I go to. I was paired with a child that likes to just skate really fast and I had to keep up with him, managed it for a solid 40 minutes.
4. 30 Min Cardio - Did power skating class this morning instead, got a good workout and then wiped out doing a simple move, so I'm off the rest of the day. Bruised knees, wrist and ego.
5. Yoga / 30 Min Cardio - Did not happen. Woke up with a sinus infection and not getting better. May be out for a few days. Also was sick to my stomach earlier so I may have dropped a little due to that.
6. 30 Min Cardio - Sick.
7. Skating Class / 30 Min Cardio - Sick.
8. Skating or 30 Min Cardio - Sick.
9. Yoga / 30 Min Cardio - Sick.
10. Skating / 30 Min Cardio - Sick.
11. Power Skating Class - Sick.
12. Yoga / 30 Min Cardio - Sick.
13. 30 Min Cardio - Sick.
14. Skating Class / 30 Min Cardio - Sick.
15. Skating or 30 Min Cardio
16. Yoga / 30 Min Cardio
17. Skating / 30 Min Cardio
18. Power Skating Class
19. Yoga / 30 Min Cardio
20. 30 Min Cardio
21. Skating Class / 30 Min Cardio
22. Skating or 30 Min Cardio
23. Yoga / 30 Min Cardio
24. Skating / 30 Min Cardio
25. Power Skating Class
26. Yoga / 30 Min Cardio
27. 30 Min Cardio
28. Skating Class / 30 Min Cardio
29. Yoga / 30 Min Cardio
30. Skating / 30 Min Cardio
Successful Days: 4/30
Failed Days: 10/30 (Due to sickness)
10-30-2013, 09:55 PM
Yaay! Thank you for joining me! Was worried I'd be the only one doing this ;p. I never really liked weighing in either, but now I like to weigh in daily to give myself an idea of how I'm doing. You could weigh in once a week, or even measure.
10-31-2013, 02:28 AM
I'm going to join you. I've been really bad with exercise for quite awhile so I'm hoping this thread will keep me on track. I'm going to restart Drop Two Sizes but cut it down to 3 workouts from 4 and make sure I get a walk in at least once a week.
1. Metabolic Workout- 30 minutes, timed countdown
2. Hiking- Including unintentionally doing 2 hours of an advanced hike that I somehow survived.
4. Walk (school trip should be walking most of the day!)
5. P1S1- was exhausted after we got dropped off (2 day trip to Seoul), did walk for quite a bit of the day
10. Metabolic Workout
12. P1S1 It sucked and I really didn't want to do it but I did!
16. Walk (changed to hiking)- 4 hours of hiking then an hour walk
17. Metabolic Workout (changed to hiking)- short hour long hike
19. P1S1 Did Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30 instead.
20. Rest (walked 30 minutes)
24. Metabolic Workout
11-03-2013, 08:26 PM
Week 1 over! I had 2 successful days and 1 fail day. I didn't feel too well last night when I was going to go on a run, so I skipped it. Here's to a kickass week 2!
11-06-2013, 09:00 AM
Ok joining a little late on this but I started Jillian Michael's 30 day slimdown plan using her 3 videos the 30 day shred, no more trouble zones, and banish fat boost metabolism 2 days ago. The first day I totally almost fainted and puked (hadn't been eating a lot and worked out on an empty stomach which was a bad idea), but the second day was a lot easier and I'm hoping to stick to it. I know it will probably take me more than the 30 days but I realize I have to be reasonable in my expectations with work and school which is kicking into high gear and that's ok with me it's better than nothing which is what I had been doing (exercise fell by the wayside once september and clinical year hit :()
How are you all doing?
1. 30 day shred level 1
2. 30 day shred level 1
3. No more trouble zones
4. 30 day shred level 1 My best work friend and I did it together at work! He rocks my socks
5. Banish fat boost metabolism
6. Quick trouble zones
7. Rest day
8. 30 day shred level 1
9. 30 day shred level 2
10. Quick trouble zones
11. 30 day shred level 2
12. Banish fat boost metabolism
13. No more trouble zones
14. Rest day
15. 30 day shred level 1 and Quick trouble zones
16. 30 day shred level 2
17. No more trouble zones
18. 30 day shred level 1 and level 2
19. No more trouble zones
20. Banish fat boost metabolism
21. Rest day
22. 30 day shred level 2 then 1
23. Quick trouble zones
24. Banish fat boost metabolism
25. Quick trouble zones and 30 day shred level 2
26. Rest day
27. No more trouble zones and 30 day shred level 1
28. Banish fat boost metabolism and quick trouble zones
29. 30 day shred levels 2 then 1
30. No more trouble zones
11-06-2013, 10:15 PM
I've been sick since yesterday so no working out for me until Friday at the earliest. Binged horribly today.
11-07-2013, 06:40 AM
ugh, I hate getting sick especially when you know you should workout but you know you can't! Rest up, eat well and hope you feel better soon!
I decided to switch my routine to a combination of Insanity and running, hope it works out for me!
11-10-2013, 05:59 PM
Still sick. :( I've missed a whole week of working out as a result. Going to the doctors tomorrow.
11-11-2013, 02:43 AM
This isn't helping me keep up with my exercise. I've been slacking so much recently. I really don't know what to do. My best plans are useless when I have no motivation!!!
I've got plans tonight, but my goal is to start up tomorrow. Fingers crossed!
Shaunalynn- I really hope you start feeling better.
11-11-2013, 04:37 AM
I think this will help for me!
I have been having huge personal issues so things have been slacking!
I am doing things slow coz of severe arthritis in my knees so no judging! lol
day 1 - dog training (1 hour)
day 2 - walk dogs for 30 min
day 3 - walk dogs for 30 min
day 4 - hour hike
day 5 - walk dog for 30 mins
day 6 - rest
day 7 - hour hike
day 8 - dog training (1hour)
day 9 - dog walk 30 mins
day 10 - dog walk 30 mins
day 11 - hour hike
day 12 - dog walk 30 mins
day 13 - rest
day 14 - hour hike
day 15 - dog training (1 hour)
day 16 - dog walk 45min
day 17 - dog walk 45mins
day 18 - hour hike
day 19 - dog walk 45mins
day 20 - rest
hold thumbs for me!
11-14-2013, 08:30 AM
FINALLY starting to feel better. I'm hoping to be able to get back in the workout circuit Monday. Giving myself until then to get completely better.
11-17-2013, 03:46 AM
Glad you're feeling better at last!
Week 2 done! I added 4 fail days to the tally unfortunately but ended strong by working out over the weekend. Really loving doing Insanity but boy is it tough to do every single day! So I incorporated some potential run days on the horizon, I am training for a 10k after all. Pace is a bit slow these days, so not sure if I'll beat my record this time around. But the fact I'm exercising again is the most important part!
11-17-2013, 10:58 PM
I'm joining this late, but hopefully this will force me to check in and stay on track.
18. Kickboxing class/3 mile walk
19. Energy Barre class/ 3 mile walk
20. Body Blast class/ 3 mile walk
22. 3 mile walk
24. 6 mile walk
25. Kickboxing class/3 mile walk
26. Energy Barre class
27. Body Blast class/3 mile walk
29. 3 mile walk
11-18-2013, 10:14 AM
Fail. Fail. Fail. I'm going downhill again. Time to get those antibiotics filled. This is crap.
11-20-2013, 11:17 AM
Because I'm three weeks in and still sick, I may have to pull out of this month and just start fresh on December 1st. If I'm feeling better next week I'm definitely going to start working out but I've been coughing since Sat night and have also lost my voice. :(
I'm really disappointed because I eat worse when I'm sick, and as a result lost nothing, and I tend to not lose even if I'm eating well without exercise.
11-20-2013, 07:47 PM
Shaunalynn- don't worry about exercising right now, just get your self healthy!! You can exercise when you're feeling better. Try to focus more on your diet now. I'm like you, I eat way worse when I'm sick! Maybe try and plan things out?
11-20-2013, 07:53 PM
Changergirl - I did my best to focus on it today, I don't think I did too horribly. :) I didn't find myself snacking as much so that was good. I am also not letting myself eat past 6 (if I NEED to eat, it's going to be fruits). I'm sipping tea right now and trying not to have coughing fits while I work to meet a client deadline so I can see Catching Fire tomorrow night. :)
12-01-2013, 02:28 PM
I'm finally almost 100% better!!!!
Will we be having a December exercise challenge thread? I plan on getting back into working out on Wednesday.
12-01-2013, 05:48 PM
Done! Sorry it's a day late!