Ideal Protein Diet - IP Daily Chat Monday 10/28/2013

View Full Version : IP Daily Chat Monday 10/28/2013

lisa32989
10-28-2013, 08:29 AM
:welcome2:
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/243142-have-question-about-ip-read-here-first-before-posting-question.html): Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
(http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-exercise-other-important-threads.html)and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/4701599-post49.html)

NOTE: Attached files in stickies (and elsewhere) have been nonfunctional for the past few weeks. Admin are a aware of the problem & it has been reported to tech support. Links to Googledocs have been added for protocol sheets until technical issues are resolved

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/221536-real-cost-cheating-ideal-protein.html)

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/261885-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow.html)
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/268669-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow-volumn-2-a.html)
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/212175-fun-ideal-protein-packets.html)
Fun with Veggie Purees! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/264231-fun-veggie-purees.html)
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/273856-ideal-protein-diet-recipes-4-a.html)
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/270950-ideal-protein-tips-recipes-incredible-weight-loss-center.html)

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html) for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/3427715-post155.html) Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/).

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19)

staceyjblack
10-28-2013, 08:56 AM
Good morning everyone!

Just had my weigh in and I am down 1.9 pounds from last week! Only 16 pounds left til goal!!! :carrot:

airportchick11
10-28-2013, 09:02 AM
Good Morning! Congrats Stacey! Sooo close!!! I don't know if I've given away much this week but I sure do feel good. Getting more comfortable with making choices and asking questions when I'm out to dinner to get what I need. So glad I'm doing this and so grateful for these boards, all the support and knowledge is priceless!! Happy OP day!!

shrinkingsusie
10-28-2013, 09:37 AM
Happy Monday!!

Hope everyone has a great week!

CrystalWolf
10-28-2013, 10:08 AM
Good Morning IPers. Wishing everyone a great day.
Slipfree, those were great quotes you posted last night in the weekend chat. Added a couple of them to the list I have been keeping in my journal.

Danger121512
10-28-2013, 10:20 AM
Good morning everyone, I am hoping for a great week this week, lately I have been obsessing over how much I am losing and how fast it comes off. I really need to stop be impatient and just go with it. Any words of wisdom to help me deal with this long journey ahead of me? I am not sure why I am so impatient as I know I will never be able to go back to eating the same way as before, maybe I am just anxious to feel good in my skin? Well, have a good one everybody!

sarahBell
10-28-2013, 10:37 AM
Good Monday Morning everyone :)

Today is the start of a new week. I hope that today is better than the weekend!!! I noticed when I did 100% for 2 days I dropped almost 3lbs. This is not shocking to the 100% or to me kinda. I am hoping to stay 100% every day. BUT I am going to take it hour by hour.

So Will Power dust to everyone, good luck and may the force be with y'all

Hiker88
10-28-2013, 10:41 AM
I think I'm pms'ing and was hungry all day yesterday. Carbonated water saved me! Made me feel full for awhile and I'm down again this morning... Whee Hooo!

sarahBell
10-28-2013, 10:43 AM
whoo hoo!

If you add carbonated water to the drink packet mixes they taste so good and they do fill you up!!

saskgirl
10-28-2013, 10:46 AM
Good morning everyone, I am hoping for a great week this week, lately I have been obsessing over how much I am losing and how fast it comes off. I really need to stop be impatient and just go with it. Any words of wisdom to help me deal with this long journey ahead of me? I am not sure why I am so impatient as I know I will never be able to go back to eating the same way as before, maybe I am just anxious to feel good in my skin? Well, have a good one everybody!

Great job on the losses so far!!
We started out at the same weight -I started Aug 1 and am amazed how far I have come and how fast it comes off - my advice would be not to focus on the weekly numbers but look at the big picture 8-10 lbs a month is worth sticking out the tough stuff till spring!
My clothes are just starting to get too big to wear now - that took longer than i thought it would - so have patience with that as well :)

evepet
10-28-2013, 10:53 AM

It's important to not compare your weight loss with anyone else's' - we are all different, and our weight loss experience will reflect that. I also recall telling myself that the days were going to pass whether or not I was dieting.... and that by staying committed to the diet, I was losing some weight while that time passed. If I went off the diet, not only would I not lose any, but I'd probably gain more. So no matter what I lost, I'd be better off at the end of that time. Thinking that way seemed to help me stick with things, and not feel so frustrated about the slower times. Just keep chuggin' along. :hug:

shrinkingsusie
10-28-2013, 10:55 AM
As of Saturday, I hit 50 lbs lost, even though my official weigh-in isn't until Thursday, but I was so happy I posted my before pic and a pic I took Saturday morning onto my facebook and now I have three friends interested in IP. :) It feels great to be able to inspire someone else, like people have inspired me, and to tell them how awesome IP is!!

My sister has also started about 5 weeks ago (mind you not 100% :dizzy: ) but I'm just so glad that I motivated her to get healthier as well.

ohjuly7878
10-28-2013, 10:56 AM
Good morning all.
Stacey, CONGRATS!
Danger: it is so hard to "take one day at a time", isn't it? Sometimes I feel that the best way to "get rid" of an obsession is to give into it for a little while (eg spend an hour on this website and soak in the knowledge)... then return to "normal" life.... I find that when I do that, I am less impatient afterwards.
Wishing all IPeeps a great week!

sarahBell
10-28-2013, 11:02 AM
As of Saturday, I hit 50 lbs lost, even though my official weigh-in isn't until Thursday, but I was so happy I posted my before pic and a pic I took Saturday morning onto my facebook and now I have three friends interested in IP. :) It feels great to be able to inspire someone else, like people have inspired me, and to tell them how awesome IP is!!

My sister has also started about 5 weeks ago (mind you not 100% :dizzy: ) but I'm just so glad that I motivated her to get healthier as well.

Congrats on hitting 50lbs down!!! That is so wonderful! :carrot::carrot:

Danger121512
10-28-2013, 12:28 PM
Great job on the losses so far!!
We started out at the same weight -I started Aug 1 and am amazed how far I have come and how fast it comes off - my advice would be not to focus on the weekly numbers but look at the big picture 8-10 lbs a month is worth sticking out the tough stuff till spring!
My clothes are just starting to get too big to wear now - that took longer than i thought it would - so have patience with that as well :)

saskigirl, thank you for your encouragement! That is so uplifting to see how far you have come in less than 3 months! I did the program before, and I guess I just can't remember how long it took to get to where I got. All I remember was that the weight fell off so quickly that I was shrinking out of my clothes in no time. I also remember it being so much easier because I just didn't have any huge expectations. So, I am tripping myself up by having high expectations. Thank you again for your kind words, I will carry them with me.

It's important to not compare your weight loss with anyone else's' - we are all different, and our weight loss experience will reflect that. I also recall telling myself that the days were going to pass whether or not I was dieting.... and that by staying committed to the diet, I was losing some weight while that time passed. If I went off the diet, not only would I not lose any, but I'd probably gain more. So no matter what I lost, I'd be better off at the end of that time. Thinking that way seemed to help me stick with things, and not feel so frustrated about the slower times. Just keep chuggin' along. :hug:

evepet, thank you. You took my situation and packaged it up all pretty-like. You are so right about time passing whether I make the choice to lose weight or not. I try to tell myself that, but hearing someone else say it affirms it. I suppose slow&steady is better than none at all! Thank you, I will carry your words with me as well.

Danger121512
10-28-2013, 12:33 PM
Good morning all.
Stacey, CONGRATS!
Danger: it is so hard to "take one day at a time", isn't it? Sometimes I feel that the best way to "get rid" of an obsession is to give into it for a little while (eg spend an hour on this website and soak in the knowledge)... then return to "normal" life.... I find that when I do that, I am less impatient afterwards.

Ohjuly, Thank you! Distraction is a fantastic idea, I especially love lurking on the Maintainers board... Their stories are all so real! I mean, it really drives the point home that I have to be okay with changing my eating habits or I will end up gaining again. I was talking to my MIL last night, and I told her that I am going to have to "pick my battles" with food when I am on maintainence. Meaning that if I decide to have Mac n' Cheese, I am going to have to compensate the next day or two to keep my body from reverting back to being a fat storage facility. She told me that she didn't think that she personally would be able to do that, but that she knows that somehow I will be able to find the strength. I love her, lol. Thank you again!

65X65
10-28-2013, 12:37 PM
Good morning all.
Stacey, CONGRATS!

Ohjuly7878-Very sage advice!!

This is NOT the worst obsession we can have during this time in our lives and through this journey. In fact...beginning to doubt without it...one can't be successful. This has to be all consuming or else it's too easy to lose sight of the goal. This is not a casual endeavor.

GettinHealthyNow
10-28-2013, 12:38 PM
Good morning! I agree completely with coming to these boards to "soak in the knowledge" and keep up my motivation. I do it daily! I really think these discussions are the biggest factor in staying dedicated to this. Knowing I am not alone in this goal is like a warm hug.

Looking forward to my weigh in tonight. My bathroom scale at home this morning had me at 192 - which is down -6.8 pounds in one week. I know my coach's scale will be higher (later in the day, wearing clothes vs pj's etc) but I still think it will be a great loss week!

Have a great day everyone,
Kathy

ems70508
10-28-2013, 01:02 PM
Good Morning all! Sounds like everyone had a successful weekend OP and with the scales! I had a NSVweekend as well! I went out of town with friends to Gulf Shores and definitely had a trying weekend! We ate out for EVERY meal. Beignets/Pancakes for breakfast and fried shrimp for lunch. I stayed OP the whole time, thankfully the restaurants had a salad bar!

Sometimes I wish you lost a pound for every donut/pizza you said no to! I'd be at goal in a heartbeat!

dak1lls
10-28-2013, 01:39 PM
Congrats to all on NSV and SV this past week and weekend.

Ems, I so admire your willpower. I love baked goods and pastries. My own weakness has always been wedding cake. After attending several weddings since starting IP, and staying OP, as well as traveling for work and leisure, I realized I could do this! It is empowering to feel the control is mine, and not food's power over me. I believe it only comes from reaching a point where I was ready to change my life. I was soooooo ready when I started IP, and will never regret it!

Danger, I am so thankful for the Maintenance thread as well. Maintenance has been going well for me so far, in great part due to the support from that thread and the daily chat.

Here's to all my IPeeps! :bravo:

ems70508
10-28-2013, 02:36 PM
dak1lls, you're so right! I have realized that I have control too. So important. Since this go-around has been a re-start for me, I also had to get into that mindset of committing...again!

lilkel244
10-28-2013, 02:54 PM
Hi all! I had my weigh in this morning, -2.6 which is pretty good for me (I am not one who lets the lbs go easily). It was also a hard week for me last week as I was traveling, I ate too many packets in lieu of real food to just avoid having to figure out something to eat. I am now two lbs away from my mini goal (at the clinic, at home I have already made it!) but I am holding out on my eyeshadow prize until the clinics scale says 182. I am so scared/excited to get to 179 however, it will be my lowest adult weight. My weight loss just this week has become apparent and lots of people are commenting on it. It is exciting and scary at the same time!

Deana509
10-28-2013, 06:02 PM
Good evening IPeeps!

I woke up with a cold this morning... Not a good start to my week... At least I could tell I was starting to get sick yesterday and ran to walmart to get some cold meds (So glad I have this forum, because I searched what kind of meds I should get to stay OP, and there were some posts on in it in the past! so happy!)
So Hopefully this cold goes away fast, and doesnt effect my weight any...
Have a great week everyone!

ReenHag
10-28-2013, 07:00 PM
I am now two lbs away from my mini goal (at the clinic, at home I have already made it!) but I am holding out on my eyeshadow prize until the clinics scale says 182. I am so scared/excited to get to 179 however, it will be my lowest adult weight. My weight loss just this week has become apparent and lots of people are commenting on it. It is exciting and scary at the same time!

Way to go on just about making it to that mini-goal! That is such a great feeling! I may have to follow your lead and create a few mini-goals for me, especially to make it through Thanksgiving successfully.

I woke up with a cold this morning... Not a good start to my week...

I sure hope the meds help and you feel better soon.

Wow, this weekend sure flew by! I feel like I need two more days...ugh. One NSV for me was successfully hosting a PartyLite candle party yesterday. Hubby and I made the snacks, I had some friends up, and we had a nice time! The toughest part for me was pouring the wine, and that wasn't even so bad! Yay! I hope that, by trying to be social and involve myself while still making good decisions, I am preparing myself for maintenance. (Also excited to get some holiday candles- I love them! If anyone would like to order, PM me- I will gladly share the link.)

Now, onward to prep for the rest of the week. With Halloween and a teacher professional day, it's a bit of a short week.

ecdcslim
10-28-2013, 07:03 PM
Hello all,

Good week for me, the scales at WI6 had me down only 1.6 but I was ok with that, just refused to think it was the beginning of some massive slow down. Went to a cocktail party Sat evening with DH, lots of people I hadn't seen since I started IP and the reaction was very positive! I found it easy to eat cauliflower and drink soda water! Got up yesterday, my scaled showed a 2 lb loss!! Go figure, LOL! Here's the thing about IP - small or large, you know your going to see a loss month over month.

sonolady
10-28-2013, 08:22 PM
Good evening every one! Happy Monday!!

Congrats on the scale movers and NSV's! Wow good for you all!

One week down on P2, all is well, no scale moving though, in either directions. I'm happy.

sarahBell
10-28-2013, 08:35 PM
Ok until Wed Old navy is having a sale on all their jeans. SO I actually spent money on myself (not just purses or earrings) but I actually bought myself some jeans- one pair for now and one for later in a few weeks. I got a size 16 Diva boot cut and a size 14 Diva Boot cut both regular :) online code is ONTAKE25 for 25% off order total!

So lets see how they fit when I get them :)

Also today was pretty good 100% but I struggled today so bad :( it was hard for me. But tomorrow is a new day. I found tht th RTD vanilla shake and some decaf coffee (STRONG coffee) is good. Someone posted that a while ago and I remembered!!! I only used half a vanilla today for my one iced coffee if you call it that.

Any who have a great night :)

IdealProteinNewbie
10-28-2013, 08:58 PM
PrincessPeacock: How do you feel? Find anything good at Dollar Tree?

Hiker88
10-28-2013, 09:17 PM
whoo hoo!

If you add carbonated water to the drink packet mixes they taste so good and they do fill you up!!

What a great idea! I never thought of that! thanks!:dizzy:

vachinyc
10-28-2013, 09:51 PM
Happy Monday all:

Congrats to all on the NSVs, the scale milestones, the new sizes and on staying on plan ... Especially in those tough situations.

I was away this weekend so I missed weigh in. And missed spending time on the board. Stayed OP but it felt a little harder this trip - could be that I'm a week out from TOM or just settling in to the long and winding road of weight loss with the losses slowing...or it could be all the Halloween goodies. But I stayed strong. And I'm happy about it. Clothes are really loose now so that's a great reward. Maybe some on sale ON jeans are in order?

Have a great week all. IP POWER!

Agree 65...not a casual endeavor at all. Focus and determination are required :)

I too love to lurk on the maintenance thread...soaking it all up like a sponge. It inspires me and also is a great dose of reality in terms of continuing the focus.

Lisa: hope Sunday night wasn't too cold. sorry that one didn't go your way.

Night all.

Princess Peacock
10-28-2013, 09:53 PM
PrincessPeacock: How do you feel? Find anything good at Dollar Tree?

You're so sweet! I'm a little better this evening, thank you. I made it to our small Dollar Tree the other day, but only found Peppermint tea (which I'm glad I purchased and have enjoyed since I've been sick). I'm well enough to drive carpool tomorrow and there is a bigger Dollar Tree near my daughter's school. Hopefully they will have the two flavors you mentioned because they really sound yummy (chocolate banana and chocolate coconut).

The peppermint sweetened with my SF peppermint syrup has been very soothing with my upper respiratory "thing".

nolasmurf
10-28-2013, 09:55 PM
For those hat asked for a pic of my costume. Here's me and my sweetie as Tony Stark

vachinyc
10-28-2013, 09:57 PM
For those hat asked for a pic of my costume. Here's me and my sweetie as Tony Stark

You guys look great!

nolasmurf
10-28-2013, 10:09 PM
Thanks! I'm still washing that black spray in color out of my hair! Lol

Zictory75
10-28-2013, 10:45 PM
Two more days on this business trip from **** where all the food is pre-determined. Managed to stay to meat and veggies, but not really op. but I have walked away from every coffee break where there are cookies and such and turned away the desert put on every table... So I may not have been able to stay op but at least I am staying true to the new way of living!!!! Phew! So glad to be able to read about everyone's successes!

Hiker88
10-28-2013, 11:13 PM
Two more days on this business trip from **** where all the food is pre-determined. Managed to stay to meat and veggies, but not really op. but I have walked away from every coffee break where there are cookies and such and turned away the desert put on every table... So I may not have been able to stay op but at least I am staying true to the new way of living!!!! Phew! So glad to be able to read about everyone's successes!

I too go to quite a few business conferences and it gets uncomfortable standing out as different as I only eat certain things and constantly turn down pre-arranged entrees... especially since I'm a newer manager and I was sitting next to an owner of my company! I finally got honest and said 'my cousin's getting married next June and I'm on a plan!' they were all fine with it... I mean, its self explanatory that I need to lose weight!

That being said, I still had some bad experiences.. I asked a waitress for carbonated water and she brought me some that was sweetened... which I found out only after taking a giant drink.... I also compromised by only doing three packets of IP that day and eating a little more protein so I didn't stand out soooo much!

Only two more days then it'll be back on plan and all will be good!!! Keep up the fight!!! :carrot:

lisa32989
10-28-2013, 11:32 PM
Last nite at the baseball game I was cold! DH brought me some coffee but when I got it near my mouth, I realized it was hot chocolate. I never even got a sip...just my mouth on the lid. I took it down and exchanged it for coffee. They asked if I wanted cream and sugar. I laughed and told them if I could have cream and sugar I'd have kept the hot chocolate! (but I thanked them for asking)

Interesting I don't even have to really get a taste of something to know it is wrong. With so many things I've gotten so used to tasting first to make sure I got what I ordered that I don't have to worry about ingesting the wrong thing.

A few times I've gotten tonic or sprite when I ordered selzer/club soda but this is the first time hot chocolate instead of coffee...

I certainly know to bundle-up when I go to Michigan to a football game this weekend!!!