Ideal Protein Diet - Ring resize? Yah or Nay??

View Full Version : Ring resize? Yah or Nay??

NinjaNurse
10-27-2013, 06:40 PM
I have guards on my rings, but they are still falling off. I am afraid to get them resized for 'fear of' but I don't want to lose them. The other day my diamond flew off my hand into the sliding glass door.

What did you do???

Thanks!!!

happybug
10-27-2013, 06:54 PM
I just lost a ring that I'd bought to replace my wedding ring. The ring had no value but it was a beautiful ring. One minute it was there and the next gone and I really wish I could have prevented it. I am now in the process of getting my wedding ring resized so I can wear it again. I'd either stop wearing the rings and put them away for safe keeping or get them resized if that's viable.

JLUS
10-27-2013, 07:07 PM
I am very SAD that last weekend I lost my wedding ring! After losing 40 pounds and telling myself during the last 15 or so pounds that I MUST get mine resized, I wish I would have taken it off until I could get to the jeweler!!! I am still hopeful it will turn up but since it's been a week I am pretty doubtful!

Figgypudding
10-27-2013, 07:15 PM
This may go against everything the "experts" will tell you but i chose not to resize my ring. I didn't know if I would be able to keep the weight off since it was the first time in my life I had ever lost it. My DH and i chose to move our wedding rings over to our middle finger. Since we both had to do it we made it our thing. Anyway - I gained half my weight back do to a variety of reasons and had to move it back to my ring finger. I'm just now at the point of needing to move it back to the middle. Yay.

JLUS - I'm so sorry you lost your wedding ring. I"m sure it will turn up.

Jojo381972
10-27-2013, 08:36 PM
I have guards on my rings, but they are still falling off. I am afraid to get them resized for 'fear of' but I don't want to lose them. The other day my diamond flew off my hand into the sliding glass door.

What did you do???

Thanks!!!

I know exactly how you feel. I am wearing my grandmother`s wedding ring from the 1920s and it almost fell off the other day. What I did was I took off my two rings and put them in my jewlery box. I plan on getting them resized when I get to my goal or close to it.

Jojo381972
10-27-2013, 08:37 PM
I just lost a ring that I'd bought to replace my wedding ring. The ring had no value but it was a beautiful ring. One minute it was there and the next gone and I really wish I could have prevented it. I am now in the process of getting my wedding ring resized so I can wear it again. I'd either stop wearing the rings and put them away for safe keeping or get them resized if that's viable.

Sorry to hear that..:hug:

Jojo381972
10-27-2013, 08:38 PM
I am very SAD that last weekend I lost my wedding ring! After losing 40 pounds and telling myself during the last 15 or so pounds that I MUST get mine resized, I wish I would have taken it off until I could get to the jeweler!!! I am still hopeful it will turn up but since it's been a week I am pretty doubtful!

Sorry to hear that too. :hug:
Hope it turns up.

Cheekyskeeter
10-27-2013, 09:18 PM
I hope your ring turns up! I haven't had mine resized yet as both my wedding band and engagement ring have scattered diamonds all around and if I size down it won't be even. So what I did is buy another thin pretty band (with channel set diamonds) in my new size that I wear along with my rings. It keeps my rings safely on and I really like the way it looks.

I can do anything
10-27-2013, 11:05 PM
Being a nurse (which I am guessing you are to, based on your screen name) I always think I am going to throw my ring away in a pair of gloves. So, I wear mine in a necklace. I plan on having it resized once I reach goal but for now it will stay on my neck.

NinjaNurse
10-28-2013, 12:06 AM
Being a nurse (which I am guessing you are to, based on your screen name) I always think I am going to throw my ring away in a pair of gloves. So, I wear mine in a necklace. I plan on having it resized once I reach goal but for now it will stay on my neck.

Yup. I'm a nurse. I worked in CT, Yale NewHaven Hosp, Waterbury, New Britain. Where are you.

Yeah, my husband said put them on a necklace. He needs to buy me another ring I think!!!:D;)

patns
10-28-2013, 01:58 AM
I thought I had lost mine last year. Hubby said he would get me a new one ; I was shocked how much a plain gold band costs not compared to when we bought them 43 years ago. I did find it in the house, I put it away and just got used to not wearing it. It still is too big. I actually did have it resized when I lost my first 40 pounds. Didn't want to do that again as it was only size 5 to begin with.

I can do anything
10-28-2013, 09:44 AM
Yup. I'm a nurse. I worked in CT, Yale NewHaven Hosp, Waterbury, New Britain. Where are you.

Yeah, my husband said put them on a necklace. He needs to buy me another ring I think!!!:D;)

He definitely needs to buy you another ring!

I used to work at St. Francis in Hartford, but now I work at Baystate in Springfield.

CrystalWolf
10-28-2013, 10:15 AM
I am still on the fence, have been contemplating a new set for anniversary in Jan. They don't fly off but sometimes slide off when I reach in my pocket. Am worried too.
JLUS I hope yours turns up.

cassieleeanne
10-28-2013, 03:49 PM
I was lucky enough to have a diamond plan and I can get mine sized as much as I want for free. I would definitely get it re-sized especially if its an expensive ring.

Psychic
10-28-2013, 03:54 PM
Personally, I would either move the ring to a different finger or wear it on a chain around my neck until I was maintaining. Not only does re-sizing a ring more than once make it fragile, it can also cost a nice chunk of money.

NinjaNurse
10-28-2013, 05:06 PM
Personally, I would either move the ring to a different finger or wear it on a chain around my neck until I was maintaining. Not only does re-sizing a ring more than once make it fragile, it can also cost a nice chunk of money.

Food for thought. I never thought about the cost. Mine weren't cheap.
Would it be cheaper to get my diamond set into a new setting? I have a plain single pear shape, nothing fancy.

My wedding ring was already designed for me once. It's 1/2 platinum, 1/2 yello gold because my e-ring is set in gold.

thinnerJ
10-28-2013, 06:19 PM
I just had mine resized. We spent a pretty penny getting custom rings made so the same jewelers resized it for free and to the average viewer they wouldn't notice that it is not even for where they took a part out.

I was super nervous but I had been thinking about it for a long while so when it did finally fall off while doing something I decided it was best to resize it. It is a smidge big but not falling off as I was fearful of gaining back too. One more motivator for not gaining it back?

ReenHag
10-28-2013, 06:33 PM
Many stores will resize the rings if you bought them at that store.