100 lb. Club - 290s accountability

Pages : [1] 2

View Full Version : 290s accountability

ShelBl
10-27-2013, 04:48 PM
Hi all

I'm getting started here again, up more than 50lbs from where I left off last time :( Any ladies in my same weight range interested in a daily(ish) check in?

TheSecondHalf
10-27-2013, 11:55 PM
Hi! I will! I have been up and down the same 20/30 pounds MULTIPLE times this year. I need to change my ticker (tomorrow! I promise!) but I'll weigh in with you!

ShelBl
10-28-2013, 02:26 AM
Sounds great! What are your weigh in days? I've bounced back and forth between Monday and Friday.

CeeJay
10-28-2013, 09:28 AM
Hello!

I would like to post here too- I am much in need of some accountability. I have gotten out of the 290's many times only to bounce back up. I am hoping this time is the last time! I just changed my stats back to where they really are at and reset my goals.

Hope you have a great day!

TheSecondHalf
10-28-2013, 01:07 PM
Hi all!

I tend to weigh in every day. I know for some people, that doesn't work. I don't get crazy over daily fluctuations and tend to only "count" Mondays (and change my ticker). If I start avoiding the scale...well, you can see what happens.

My weight this morning was 292. This is my cut off. The reality is that if I don't do something, my doctor is going to put me on Metformin in two months and I DO NOT WANT that. In fact, I'd like to get OFF of the blood pressure meds I'm already on, I certainly don't want to stack more meds for more issues!

Right now my two goals are to write everything down and weigh every day. I'd like to stay between 1500 and 1800 calories. Very simple. Wish me luck, and same to you guys!

Off to change my ticker. BOO.

ShelBl
10-28-2013, 03:35 PM
Happy Monday to everyone!

Welcome, CeeJay. Happy to have you!

TSH, I hear you on the meds. I look at my pill box now and I'm all -_- Time to start paring that down.

294.2 today. I updated my tracker on Friday, so I'll likely stick to that instead of making myself neurotic.

Gorged myself on Mexican food last night, even after eating a huge all veggie salad to prevent it :( I was miserable after, and miserable during, yet I still did it. I think figuring out the whys of that would go a long way toward making permanent changes.

CeeJay
10-29-2013, 11:11 AM
Good morning ShelBl and TheSecondHalf

I had 2 days where I did everything I committed to doing. That felt good. Planning on making it 3 days in a row today. I am trying to do lots of positive self talk for even the small things. Like most people I think I am very apt to beat myself up when I am not eating healthy but don't pay attention enough when I am doing fine. So- I am trying to be my own internal coach and really notice the positives.

ShelBl I know what you mean about overeating and feeling bad while doing it but still doing it anyway. I don't know why I do it, I think though that eating salt/fat/sugar is just incredibly soothing for some of us. That feels true for me.

Wishing you both a great day!

TheSecondHalf
10-29-2013, 11:20 AM
Hello! I overslept (thank you, Cold Medicine!) and woke up in a blind panic so today I did not weigh myself. Whoops.

I think I'm going to have to make some new rules for myself - I don't eat pasta, I don't eat rice, I don't eat potato chips. I can do great for days, no problem, everything on auto-pilot, not even have to think about keeping myself on track and then someone puts a plate of pasta rice based food in front of me, or the chips and salsa make an appearance, or maybe it's hot fresh bread and not only will I over eat on THAT, but it's like I can't get satisfied for MORE MORE MORE the rest of the day. It would be easier by far to skip it in the first place.

So you heard it here first, I don't eat bread, rice, or pasta. I don't like them as much as I'd like to fit back into my clothes!

ShelBl
10-29-2013, 04:01 PM
Good afternoon ladies!

No weighing myself today. I totally forgot, need to get in the habit.

Made a panzanella salad with chicken to take to work for lunch. Sandwich and fries and so much junk yesterday. :( I work with a company that's restaurant and food based, and people are constantly ordering delivery though our options are limited to Chinese/Thai, four pizza places, and sandwiches/burgers. Trying hard to bring things and only allowing myself to order with the group once a week!!

There are also ALWAYS treats. Someone bringing something in or the company getting us goodies. So much food everywhere, all the time!!! :0

I did juice for a while and I've been working on more salads and things. I'm to the point now that if I don't get the greens and veggies, my body craves them. Good point to be at!!

Have a fabulous, good choice filled day! :)

ShelBl
10-30-2013, 03:33 PM
Good morning ladies!!!

295.4 -_-

Just found out that Hubby just got another job which means he's going to be moving departments middle of next month. No more graveyards, weekends off so we'll finally have a day off together again! Yay!

Going to Brazilian steakhouse to celebrate. AYCE meat. Yikes.

CeeJay
10-30-2013, 09:14 PM
Hi Ladies,

Well the scale said 290 this morning. That's a woosh for sure. We will see tomorrow if I am up again. Whatever, it will be back down again. :)

I am having a great week so far. Putting a lot of effort into making sure I keep on plan. So I need to figure out how to keep it up when I am in super-busy mode.

TheSecondHalf-you sound like me in your troubles with bread, pasta, chips etc. I also need to really watch the carbs.

ShelBl- great news about your DH's job. I also have to constantly battle food at work. It seems every meeting involves food. It gets annoying to have to constantly deal with this.

Have a great day tomorrow!

ShelBl
10-31-2013, 03:55 PM
Happy Halloween!!!

293.5 today. It can't make up it's mind!!

CeeJay, I hope you'll still chat with us when you're under the 90s! :) I'm excited for you to break it.

TSH, kind of quiet!! Hope all is well with you.

Have a great, willpower-against-candy-filled day!

TheSecondHalf
11-01-2013, 09:40 AM
Hello, all! I'm still the same - plus sinus infection. Ugh. Yuck! How many calories in Mucinex?

ShelBl
11-01-2013, 02:26 PM
TSH - No fun! :( Hope you feel better soon.

TheSecondHalf
11-02-2013, 11:42 AM
Thank you! I gave myself a day to be lazy and whine about it, but I've got to move on. If life stopped every time I had a sinus infection...well, I'd be dead, I guess ;-) I have ZERO voice, which my family is enjoying.

I can't remember what I was to begin with (I know I hit 294 one morning and nearly died down dead right there in the bathroom) but I'm 290 this morning. Who wants to eat when you can not taste! Although I did make a pretty slammin chili for Halloween, which was the last thing I could really taste.

It rained for Halloween so I have a lot of candy left over (multiple 150 piece bags of the good stuff) but candy isn't really my thing. That is not to say I won't get a wild hair and eat some, but my husband is eating handfuls every night. It's got to go.

ShelBl
11-02-2013, 01:49 PM
Sometimes a day to be miserable and lazy is the best medicine! :D

I worked on Halloween and my husband didn't feel like giving away candy, so we have a ton. Thought ahead though, and it's all the Starburst/Skittles type stuff that I don't like anyway. Also resisted the urge to go day-after-discount-candy shopping.

293.6 today. Everything lately has been .6 though, so I'm starting to doubt my scale :(

CeeJay
11-02-2013, 02:24 PM
Good Morning

Very happy to report the scale said 288 this morning. That is 8 down. Wish all the weight came off as easy as the first 10 or so.

TheSecondHalf-sorry you are dealing with a nasty sinus problem. That can sap all your energy for sure. Congratulations on hitting 290- now into the 280's we go!!

ShelBl- yay for 293- so much closer to 290 than the dreaded 300- I have been at 300 and it is a terrible feeling. Good planning to buy Halloween candy you don't like.

Today it is a beautiful sunny +4 degrees so am off to the backyard to rake a few leaves and have a fire in the firepit. Gotta love weekends!

Have a great day ladies!

TheSecondHalf
11-03-2013, 01:11 PM
Thanks for the sympathy! I think I'm feeling better? I still don't have much voice, but I don't feel quite so raggedy. I'll take it!

ShelBl, that was smart to plan ahead for the candy. I'm not a big fruity chewy candy fan, either. Just doesn't do it for me.

Wow, CeeJay, you are tearing it up! Hope to join you in the 280s soon!!!

After our crummy Halloween, we have had beautiful weather. I just ordered myself some new walking shoes so I hope to get to use them soon. It can be hot and humid pretty much any time of year here, so when we get a few good days I suddenly feel motivated to get outside.

sassyangies
11-03-2013, 02:44 PM
Hi ladies.. I would like to join your chat.. I am in the same boat. I left here in July or so in the 270's and I am back at 291.. Blah.. right. So I would love to give and receive some accountability..

Hope everyone is having a great Sunday.. I weigh in on Mondays.. (well, the one I count) I usually weigh everyday. Not sure why, but I just prefer that.

ShelBl
11-03-2013, 09:04 PM
Welcome Sassy!

TSH weighs every day, and I'm working on getting into the habit as well. 289.0 this morning!!! O.O

Nice, but I'm realistic. Though that does make me think... as we're all working at this, should I put in to have the thread title changed so that we're not stuck with a 290s thread when we're shrinking?

Because I'm optimistic!! And full of coffee!!!!

And vanilla shake, thus my not being too optimistic as to what the scale will say tomorrow. Baby steps though, right? It still felt awesome to see it, and reminded me how awesome it will feel to see it go even lower.

TheSecondHalf - How are you feeling? Still resting, I hope.

CeeJay -How was the fire? I miss fall days with a fire in the back yard... not easily done now with the house and dogs.

Have a fantastic Sunday night/Monday morning!

CeeJay
11-03-2013, 09:18 PM
Hello Ladies!

Well as predicted the scale went from 288 yesterday to 291 today for no apparent reason- just my wonky scale or my wonky body. ;) Not getting bent out of shape about it at all.

Today was good- ate on plan, rode exercise bike, and did some cleaning and puttering. Loved the extra hour of sleep this morning.

TheSecondHalf-good for you planning on getting some walking in. I really don't know how life in hot and humid would be for me. I have my own internal furnace that keeps me overheated whenever it gets warm.

sassyangies- you are welcome here. I bet most of us understand the frustration of regain. I know I have been there so many times. What can we do but keep on trying? And never give up.

ShelBl- :carrot::carrot::carrot: for 289!!! I agree that we should keep with this thread when we all get under the 290 mark. I feel optimistic too. We have all winter to go at this- think how much better we will feel next spring... The fire was lovely. I love this time of year.

Lets all stay on plan this week- we can do it!!!

ShelBl
11-04-2013, 10:19 PM
290.6 This morning. Always with the .6 -_-

Work BFF is taking another job, so we celebrated with Five Guys tonight. Oh Five Guys. You evil, evil Incubus....

RoyalAthena
11-06-2013, 02:57 AM
Hey all,

I am at 293.6. I gained about 50 pounds due to hypothyroid. I am going on the 15th to my Endo. I have gone through a brief depression due to the weight gain because I had no control over my weight. I had no energy or strength to lose weight but I have the desire. I haven't given up and I thought maybe coming back for support and accountability would help. I need this site! First step, get out of the 290s. Second, I will check in with you all later. Thanks to all! :carrot:

ShelBl
11-06-2013, 03:27 AM
Welcome RoyalAthena! :) Glad to have you join us.

It's been quiet the last few days ladies... how is everyone?

Any suggestions as to what to change the thread name to?

TheSecondHalf
11-06-2013, 01:52 PM
I ran out of Diet Coke last night. I thought I had another 12 pk and as it tuns out, nope. So I thought, well...perfect time to quit, right? NO. OMG NO> It huuuuuurts. I want to lie on the floor and cry, and also pace and twitch and scream, but maybe take a nap. Uuuuuuugh. I know it's a problem. In a normal day, I can easily drink a 12 pk or 2 ltr. It's the first thing I do in the morning and the last thing I do before bed. I have never been able to "just cut back" - I need to have it OUT of the HOUSE. Am seriously considering driving through somewhere to get just one.

AAaAaghhhghgh!

ShelBl
11-06-2013, 03:58 PM
TSH - You sound like me with coffee. Not an optional thing in this house!

I got weighed at the insti-care doc today, but they do it in KGs or some such witchcraft and since I can't breathe and am working off of about 5 hours of sleep in the last two days, I didn't care enough to note what the number was to translate it. I think it was 130-something, and the sleep deprived me was more than happy to spend a few delusional seconds thinking it was pounds :D

CeeJay
11-06-2013, 10:13 PM
Hi Ladies!

Having a busy week here. I am off to stay in hotel tomorrow night (most Thursday nights I am in hotel due to work). I have a plan and am determined to weigh in on Saturday out of the 290's again. Today I am at 290.

RoyalAthena- welcome to this little group. The thing is to never, ever give up. You can get out of the 290's and soon we will all be walking through the 280's together. I gotta believe that. :)

TheSecondHalf-I hear you on the Diet Coke- for me it is Diet Pepsi. For the past 3 months I have banned all pop from the house and it was tough at first. DH was drinking too much regular coke and although he does not have a weight problem, I was concerned about the sugar intake. It was rough at first. I do buy Club Soda and add a bit of juice to get a hit of fizzy drink and sometimes get a diet pepsi at work but am happier not having access at home.

ShelBl-not sure about what new name for group could be- too tired to think right now.LOL re the delusion at doctor's today.

Will check back in on the weekend. Take care everyone.

sassyangies
11-07-2013, 10:39 AM
Hi ladies.. I am sorry I forgot to post here. I'm having such a hard time getting started. I weighed in at 294 this morning which was really hard for me to see since last week I saw 289 for a day. Not sure what's going on with me.

I hope everyone is having a great day and week!! I hope I can get back on track!

ShelBl
11-07-2013, 03:28 PM
This being sick thing isn't so bad after all! 288 this morning.

Sassyangel Don't get discouraged!! I've started weighing myself almost ever day, and when I go up it really makes me think about the choices I'd made over the previous day or so and be mindful of what I'm doing. I don't think any of us have just steadily went down without some up.

TheSecondHalf How are you feeling? All recovered from the ick?

CeeJay I'm always so jealous of travel-for-work'ers. Maybe because I rarely ever go anywhere and I love to travel.

RoyalAthena How are you doing? Feel free to just jump in and chat, it doesn't need to be weight related. :)

Meeting the inlaws for lunch, pondering going into work at least for my meeting and some case work. No voice, so at least people will leave me alone other than messenger! :D

Have a fantastic day ladies!

TheSecondHalf
11-08-2013, 07:48 AM
Thanks for asking, I'm still very sinusy. We are having our typical Louisiana "fall" - 80 one day, 42 and raining the next, back up to 95 and 100% humidity. I'll be better in April. Or if we move (we're not moving).

I am still Diet Coke free but I am having coffee. I typically drink my coffee black, no sugar and I'm not particularly worried about a little caffeine. All the extreme athletes I know seem to be coffee hogs so obviously what's good for an Ironman is good for me, right? Let's just go with that. It's the artificial sweetener that worries me, as well as the caffeine all day long. Because I drink it LITERALLY from the time I wake up until I go to sleep, I never really get a boost FROM it, I just feel the lack of it. I'm seriously hoping if I cut back, then when I do drink coffee, I'll actually get the little jolt I need.

On the plus side, I've had a LOT of water. I know that what I really want is the DC, but I keep drinking and drinking. It's like when you quit smoking and cruise the cabinets, munching everything you can find. You don't want food, you want to smoke, but food will do.

Hope you feel better, ShelBl! Hoping to join you firmly in the 280s soon (still holding steady at 290)!

Hang in there, sassyangies. Good luck, CeeJay!

I have been kind of floundering the past few days. I need to get my trusty food journal out and make a plan/keep track of what I'm doing because it's just so easy to lose track or to eat something and think, OH NO! I didn't mean to do that!

Hope everyone has a lovely weekend!

ShelBl
11-09-2013, 05:18 PM
Happy Saturday ladies!!

Grocery shopping today. I have a list and a plan, and neither of them include processed or junk food!

sassyangies
11-10-2013, 12:07 PM
Hi ladies.. 291 today.. It's been up and down up and down.. Crazy body.. I work Fri Sat and Sun so today I am a zombie.. I don't get much sleep on the days I work because I get to bed by 3 and my son is up bright and early at 6. I'll take a nap today though to make up for it.

I hope everyone is doing great!!

ShelBl
11-10-2013, 03:39 PM
Look at us on page 3!! :)

sassyangies - So little sleep! I don't know how you do it. I'm impossible if I don't get at least 7 hours. I think all of us have had the yo-yos going on lately, just keep plugging along!

285 this morning... I know it's due to barely eating being sick, so now I have to make sure to not get back into bad habits to keep the trend without the coughing and such. Maybe I should patent the pneumonia diet and make a million! :D

How is everyone else? It's been a quiet few days.

TheSecondHalf
11-10-2013, 08:35 PM
Congrats! I'm still sitting at 290! This was a Girl Scout weekend so it was busy and I had some family stuff. It's going to be crazy from now until mid-January.

I'm kind of all over the place - I'm not eating junk but I'm not really eating to lose either. A friend just told me you can buy a week's worth of Nutrisystem from Walmart and even though I SERIOUSLY dislike Walmart, I am considering it. I would like to go on auto pilot for a week and see how it goes.

I FINALLY got some good, well-fitting walking shoes so I'll be walking tomorrow Wish me luck!

CeeJay
11-10-2013, 09:45 PM
Hello Ladies!

sassyangies-I can relate to your frustration of seeing 289 and then 294- I am in the same boat. Like ShelBl said this is not unusual and we aren't getting discouraged (right?)!

ShelBl- Yay for grocery shopping with a list and a plan. 285 is fantastic progress.

TheSecondHalf-wow re the Louisiana weather. Today we had -8 C and snow.

For me- today was great after a few day of not so great. I am so ready to be away from these 290's. I just really need to eat no sugar and eat nothing but my planned snack in the evening. Evenings are killer for me. I think I could just eat from dinner to bed pretty much nonstop but I know what that gets me.

Take care everyone!

TheSecondHalf
11-11-2013, 02:14 PM
I am also ready to be out of the 290s. Frankly baffled as to what the heck I'm doing here in the first place.

Looked more in the Nutrisystem thing and it seems to involve a lot of bars. I can't see my husband hanging with that for long. We did Jenny Craig (I think I've said this but I'm too lazy to go back and look) and had success with it. It's very easy to replicate. I think we're going to half do that. We both stay really busy so the option of a convenience food (oatmeal, MorningStar Farm burger, pre-made veg burrito, the occasional Lean Cuisine-type meal) with a fresh fruit or veg and then a portion controlled meal would work for us. Snacks are things like cheese and fruit, nuts and fruit, vegetables and dip, etc. We do very well with a very definite PLAN. I can not wing it.

Still holding strong without the DC! I have had SO MUCH WATER but I'm sleeping better recently. Maybe the all-day caffeine-a-thon really was having an impact.

Did not walk this morning due to bus issue with my daughter (between the time she walked way from me and sat down on the bus, something happened. I saw the driver say something to her and when she sat down, she looked out the window at me and like, PLASTERED herself to it and we could very clearly see her say MOOOOOOOMMMMMMMYYYYY which never happens, she forgets about me as soon as she sees the bus. My neighbor said, so I guess you'll be meeting the bus at school? Yup. She was fine, and the issue sorted but it gave me a kind of nasty feeling and I'm glad I went to check), followed by errand running, now I'm having lunch, more errands, and Girl Scout service unit meeting tonight. LOOOOONG day.

It is SO HOT. SO SO SO HOT. We should've gone swimming yesterday but I had my niece with me and she was coughing so we decided not to. If it must be 85 in November, we might as well enjoy it. I have to go change out of this long sleeve shirt, though! I do miss being able to get a bit lazy about pedicures and leg shaving like I did when we lived in the northeast. Down here, shorts and flip flops are never far away.

ShelBl
11-11-2013, 07:07 PM
TheSecondHalf - So jealous! 63 here today and it was 40s yesterday. Yo yo weather in the high desert. In a few more weeks I'll be wishing it was back in the 60s though! Going home to Michigan just before Christmas, so maybe after a few days of humid cold and lake effect snow I'll be grateful for Utah winter again.

Being able to slack off on pedis and shaving is a bonus, though, I'm not even going to try to argue that.

Your poor little one. Glad everything got sorted.

CeeJay - Let me know if you figure out your evenings. I've been in the habit of eating a bowl (or two) of cereal before bed for so long that I find myself halfway through one before I even realize that I don't want it. It's just one of those things that my brain associates with shutting down for the night. I know it's the creaminess of the milk, so trying to sub herb tea or whatever hasn't helped a bit.

sassyangies, RoyalAthena, how is it going?

286.2 this morning. Not surprised!! I'm starting my juicing again because I felt a lot better on it. There's research that it stalls weight loss though unless you're doing a total juice fast, which just isn't really practical for me right now. No coffee on a juice fast!!! I'm really only thinking of those that have to deal with me every day. :D

Happy Monday and start of a great week. We can do this! Happy Veterans Day to any of you that are or have Vets in your life.

"Make good choices!" - Becca, Pitch Perfect (My favorite movie. Don't judge me!!)

CeeJay
11-12-2013, 08:59 AM
Hello

Just popping in to say I saw 287 this morning. Yay.

Have a great day everyone.

TheSecondHalf
11-12-2013, 10:09 AM
OMG, I love Pitch Perfect! I actually went TO THE MOVIES to see it (and I never see grown up movies at the theater, it's always kids movies) and then I bought myself the DVD and soundtrack. When I was watching the movie, I kept saying to my friend - does this look like LSU to you? Doesn't that look like the quad? Doesn't that look like the old pool? Doesn't that look like our music building? It was shot at LSU! I was there for a looooooong time, I know LSU when I see it.

I am finally 289.5 this morning. I am going to count that as the 280s, even if I just squeaked in.

Congrats, CeeJay!

ShelBl, you'll have to tell me more about juicing. The no caf part sounds scary. Is it literally all juice? I'm not going to go out and get a juicer, but I have no idea where a person even starts on a juice fast.

ShelBl
11-12-2013, 03:43 PM
TheSecondHalf Hah!! Love it. We bought it on instant watch on Amazon, and generally at work I have a few hours to just do case work and emails and such so I can have my headphones in listening to music or watching something.... I've seen it somewhere in the neighborhood of 23 times now. I MIGHT be a tad bit obsessed. I'm trying to wean myself off by watching Once Upon a Time, which I'm loving.

Yay for 280-somethings!!! We'll definitely need to change the name of the chat soon.

As far as the juice thing, I'm just doing it as a breakfast/mini-lunch thing, and then eating "real" food for dinner. I need to get back in the habit of it... I was doing juice with green super powder and a protein shake with banana, greek yogurt, pb2 and almond milk every morning, then juice once I got to work, dinner at work (because who am I kidding, there's always food and I'm going to eat there.... might as well plan for it) and then something when I got home before bed, usually the evil, evil cereal.

I make up big batches of juice, because I'll never do it every single day. I keep it all in quart and a half canning jars, green juice separate from other colors/sweet, and mix it as I drink it. It seems to keep pretty well that way.

The latest batch was:
Green juice

Kale
Broccoli
Romaine
Collards
Cucumber
Lemon and lime juice to prevent oxidation

Other/sweet

Carrots
Sweet potato
Apple
Mint

Not great... I'm having an issue with my fridge where it's stupidly cold and I lost a lot of my produce :( Plus, the farmer's markets have closed so I need to figure out another good source for things. I got a bunch of that at Costco though this time, and I'm pretty happy with that.

Oh, Costco. I love you so....

ShelBl
11-12-2013, 11:36 PM
Okay.... I'm going to rant here, and I'm sorry that if I offend anyone.

I stumbled across another "Oh, I've had it, I'm not going to be fat anymore" post from someone that's in the mid 100's and has about 20 pounds to lose. Now, any amount to lose has it's challenges, but I always get irritated when I see those.

It's also kind of discouraging, to see someone that's less than I can even imagine myself being on my best day complaining about being overweight. I have no illusions about my responsibility in this. I made the choices to put the food in my mouth. I made the choice to not stop when I was full. I made the choice to medicate with food instead of other options. I am fat because of me. I get that. I beat myself up every day over it, and have for years. I'm responsible for changing it, and I'm responsible for not having changed it yet. But people with 20 or so pounds to lose have NO idea what it's like to be in over your head as far as I am. 20 pounds is inconvenient. 120 is a whole new set of issues. Health problems, self esteem problems, being perceived negatively by people that don't even know you... It doesn't even compare.

If being 125 instead of 105 is the last straw and makes them fat, what does that say about me? It feels to me like the online equivalent of the skinny girls in high school that complained about how fat they were for attention. They're not fat. They have no idea what it feels like to be fat.

/rant.

TheSecondHalf
11-13-2013, 10:32 AM
I had a really long post but I don't have time to pull it together and it was a little personal. Short version: I wouldn't even consider myself fat at 20 pounds overweight, but I can also remember being "just twenty pounds" overweight and how emotionally difficult that was. 120 overweight is a LOT harder, but there's no way to really put that into perspective till you've been here. More later.

CeeJay
11-13-2013, 08:16 PM
Hello Ladies!!

TheSecondHalf- really nice that you are doing this with your husband. Together you will have a lot of support. And such great news about your success battling the DC. I bet you will be happy about this once it gets a bit easier. So great about you hitting the 280's this week.

ShelBl- hurray about 286- that is getting closer to 280 than 290! I agree about the difficultly of hearing those with so little to lose seeing themselves as fat. Ya right I mostly think. However, I do think that it is our messed up society that tells woman that they are overweight when they weigh so little. When I was 17 I weighed 150 pounds and I thought I was fat. Laughing at that now. But I remember just feeling so crappy about myself when I compared myself to my thin friends. My self worth was really diminished. In some ways I felt just as fat at 150 as I do at 300. I think this distortion played a part in letting myself get this far. I don't know but I do know I would love to be 150 now.:dizzy:

Ladies I think I need to check out Pitch Perfect.

This week has been super busy. Yesterday I saw 287, today 289. Whatever, at least I am going the right direction. Got totally derailed by invitation to lunch yesterday at work and despite knowing better-went out to Chinese buffet. Did recoup a bit by eating my lunch salad and chicken for dinner. Today worked at home and ate sensibly. Have the rest of the week planned out and even though we will be in the city overnight I know where we are eating and what I will have. Now just have to follow through.

Take care,

ShelBl
11-13-2013, 08:21 PM
290 this morning -_- I ate like a pig yesterday so I'm not surprised, just disappointed in myself. Boo.

CeeJay you must check out Pitch Perfect. It's cute, even if you don't become obsessive about it! :D

TheSecondHalf
11-13-2013, 08:32 PM
CeeJay, just go ahead and buy the soundtrack while you're at it, and find all the youtube videos so you can learn to do Cups. I can vaguely remember learning how at summer camp many years ago, but I needed a refresher.

ShelBl, repeat after me: it has to be water weight, it has to be water weight.

Here is my method for handling parties, buffets, family gatherings, and public eating of any kind (so yes, I am telling you I do my best eating in secret, like a TRUE crazy person): I will NOT be the fat girl making the third trip to the buffet! I just won't. It's my last shred of (imagined, probably) dignity but I'm holding on with both hands.

ShelBl
11-16-2013, 04:01 PM
Hello ladies!

Ended the week exactly where I was last week's weigh day -_- But I'm telling myself that at least I'm not up any higher. Silver linings?

I'm looking at trying the Slow Carb program. Very limited carbs 6 days, 1 day to eat whatever you want. The theory is that the cheat day keeps you motivated, and that by limiting carbs and eliminating refined foods the body resets and they just stop being appealing. Anybody heard anything about it or tried it?

TheSecondHalf - That motivation has kept me in check in public situations more than once. I've constantly got this voice in my head telling me what the people around me must be thinking about the fat girl and what she's eating. Not great for the self esteem, but it has saved me from going back for seconds.

Any big plans for the weekend for anyone? Around here we'll be getting ready for hubby to start his new position on Monday, and start figuring out how the new schedules are going to work.

CeeJay
11-18-2013, 03:41 PM
Hi everyone!

Sorry I have been out of commission. I have been battling a terrible cold for the last 6 days and am still sick as a dog. Took today off work but have so many meetings lined up for Tuesday and Wednesday that I do not want to rebook so am determined I am out the door tomorrow morning. We will see.

The good news is I am still at 285. I know I need to put on a big push of really clean eating to get to my next goal- which is 281. I really do need to make a good plan for the week. I have been kind of winging it lately and that always leads to big trouble eventually.

Wondering how you ladies are doing? Hope everyone OK!

ShelBl
11-18-2013, 07:20 PM
Hello ladies!

CeeJay!!! It's going around apparently :( Hope you feel well enough to deal with your meetings.

289 this morning. I've been making horrible choices, and I need to kick myself in the butt to get back on track. Boo.

TheSecondHalf
11-18-2013, 07:47 PM
I don't even know what I weigh. I woke up with a terrible headache this morning so my priorities were 1. coffee 2. ibuprofen 3. don't drink Diet Coke.

Hope you feel better CeeJay!

ShelBl, hope things went well with your husband's new job. Working out the schedules can be daunting!

We didn't have any big plans this weekend. It's all Girl Scouts and birthday parties (I swear I think I got malaria at a birthday party on Saturday. The mosquito situation is out of control. This is what I get for living in what was a swamp not that long ago). I am really looking forward to my daughter being out of school next week. We would both like to sleep a little later!

Anyone planning for Thanksgiving???

ShelBl
11-20-2013, 03:55 PM
Hello ladies! Happy Wednesday!

CeeJay, I hope you're feeling better!

TheSecondHalf, I would vote against malaria, but for it still being warm enough to have mosquitoes.

SassyAngies, are you still out there??

Still holding at 289. Ugh. I think we're going out for Thanksgiving and I'm working a half day then and a full day the next day, so food shouldn't be too much of an issue.

*She says, knowing full well that work is going to be evil and have goodies everywhere*

I have decided to lower my carbs and ramp down so I can do the Slow Carb system. I've been avoiding the obvious carby goodness that I usually eat without thinking much about, and starting to look at the carb count on the other things that I usually eat, like the protein shakes I made every morning because they were fairly low WW points.

Did you wonderful ladies know that 2T of Hershey's Syrup has TWENTY FOUR CARBS???

Banana has almost 20. Greek yogurt, PB2, protein powder, almond milk... my morning protein shakes were well over 50 grams of carbs all on their own.

It makes me realize that I've been totally oblivious to how many carbs I must have been consuming every day. I guess the proof will be in whether or not I start dropping weight.

skinnyki
11-20-2013, 04:10 PM
Hi everyone I would like to join this group. I was looking for something like this I am determined to get out of the 290s!! Just looking for some help and motivation along the way. I started counting calories on Sept 13, 2013. Which I like alot bc most of the time im not hungry if I eat healthier. Just wanted to intriduce myself and say hi. I plan on reading all tge posts in here later so I can catch up. :)

TheSecondHalf
11-20-2013, 08:52 PM
ShelBl, I will be interested to read about this slow carb situation as you go along. I try to avoid white rice, pasta, bread, etc but I can't quite give up my lattes (at least they're 2%, no sweetener and every other day I get black coffee, no nuthin').

Skinnyki, welcome!

I am trying to make a deal with myself - a countdown to Christmas kind of thing. Anyone interested? It's right around the corner! I would like to commit to no fast food (we don't usually eat it but every now and then I get that horrible salad from Wendy's with the CHILI YES CHILI on it, or a bean burrito from Taco Bell - which is, I'm guessing 80% lard?) and exercising five days a week - bike, walk, DVD, whatever for half an hour. Even if I don't lose weight, I'd like to give myself those two things. Anyone else have two No Excuses things you'd like to give up or take on for the next month?

Still no Diet Coke! Woot!

ShelBl
11-21-2013, 12:00 AM
Welcome skinnyki!!! :)

TheSecondHalf I'll keep you updated. I'm hoping that it's going to be all it's cracked up to be. Yay for no Diet Coke still!!!

ATM, I'm resisting the urge to go get the biggest pan of brownies I can find, and a tub of ice cream, and just sit in the corner and eat myself sick and cry. We just found out this afternoon that our company has decided to consolidate to Chicago and close our office, so as of April 1 we are all out of a job unless we want to relocate.

Not having a job is bad enough, but I really love the people I work with and I love what I do so it's an even bigger blow. We're going to look at moving, but it's not a terribly realistic possibility if I'm being honest with myself.

What a week to decide to cut out carbs :(

TheSecondHalf
11-23-2013, 09:58 PM
ShelBl, I am so sorry. I can't imagine. How stressful!

Nothing much new to report here. My daughter is out all next week and I am really looking forward to sleeping past 7 am.

CeeJay
11-24-2013, 11:16 AM
Hi everyone,

So disappointed I saw 290 this morning. Combo of eating way, way too much food including lots of sugar and fat the past few days. And hopefully just a wonky scale also. Life is so busy and I am getting caught up in a rush mentality which makes it very hard to pay attention to planning meals. I need to remember that eating healthy needs to take priority over everything else. I am committed to 7 days completely on plan this week. Today I am going to get life and food organized!

TheSecondHalf- I like your idea about making some NO EXCUSES commitments for December. I definitely need a plan to get through December. For me, I think that keeping up with exercising and having a written plan is what I need to concentrate on. BTW- great job ditching the Diet Coke.

skinnyki- welcome to our group!

ShelBl- so sorry about your news. That must be a terrible blow to you given what you said about having great relationships with your co-workers and loving your job. I am sure it is overwhelming to deal with this. A wise man in the Beck forum once told me "Food does not cure stress"- something to remember when things are hard, like they are for you right now.

Hope everyone has a good day.

pluckypear
11-24-2013, 11:57 AM
Hello.

I found this thread today and would like to join. I did not really think of looking in the 100 lb club as I am so far from that. :) But glad I did.

I have been struggling to get out of the 290's for some time. At my last WI was out of the 290's at last but am ever fearful that will not be the case when I WI tomorrow. I seem to bounce right back.

Glad to be here.

ShelBl
11-24-2013, 01:03 PM
Welcome pluckypear! Glad to have you with us :)

I haven't weighed in days, ladies. When I got home Wednesday after the news and the difficult shift that followed, I made 1am pancakes.

I've noticed that I go great guns with the limited carbs during the day, and fall apart at night -_- Ugh.

Gearing up for Thanksgiving and the desire to eat myself silly. Stupid holiday season :( Anybody have any big goals between now and January?

CeeJay
11-25-2013, 08:36 PM
Welcome to pluckypear and hello to everyone else.

Epic fail today. Trying to figure out why. Ate a healthy planned breakfast, had lunch and dinner planned and brought a healthy snack to work. I was pretty resolved that I need to avoid overeating today and just stick to the plan. Went into the coffee room first thing in the morning and there was this cake sitting on the table. I resisted until after lunch and then had a large piece. Self sabotage extraordinaire.

Can we please fast forward to January 2?

Tomorrow needs to be better. That or I can guarantee 300 pounds by Christmas.

Hope everyone else is doing better today!

ShelBl
11-25-2013, 10:21 PM
Cake is of the devil.

That is all.

TheSecondHalf
11-27-2013, 10:26 AM
What has two thumbs and forgot to submit reply? THIS GIRL.

ShelBl, I'd thank you not to speak so unkindly about my bestie, Cake. Cake isn't allowed in my house anymore, but I still love her

CeeJay, its one piece of cake. Don't beat yourself up.

I had a similar thought about hitting 300 pounds before I turn 41. I am SO CLOSE. I am probably 15 pounds heavier than I was last year at this time (???!!!).

Hello and welcome, Pluckypear!

I have so much cooking to do. I'm going to continue sitting around in my pajamas as if I don't. That should take care of it, right?

:thanks2:

Have a wonderful holiday! And remember, the holidays are holiDAYS, not holiWEEKS. We don't have to let them claim the whole month. Here's to not breaking the 300 mark in December! And maybe even wedging myself back into the 280s.

ShelBl
11-27-2013, 02:25 PM
TheSecondHalf - Cake is my toxic bestie. The one that says "come on! It'll be FUN!" and then runs when the cops come.

I decided to do a pre-Thanksgiving weigh in to keep myself on track, fully expecting to be back in the mid 290s. There may be something to this lower carb heresy ladies... I don't feel like I've been particularly good other than making more no or low carb choices, and I'm at 286 today.

..after I stuffed myself nearly sick on homemade Jambalaya that one of the guys brought in last night. We're all over the shock of the office shutting down now, and all keep joking about how if nothing else, it's a guaranteed weight loss not working there anymore.

TheSecondHalf, if I see the cooking fairies, I will send them your way. If you see the house cleaning fairies, tell them they're late and to get their butts over here. This house isn't going to clean itself!!

Think of the Midas-like riches someone would have if they could work out THAT idea....

In the meantime, here's something to watch while you're resting from turkey wrestling. Things you might not have noticed in Pitch Perfect (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZIqr359_88) One of the girls at work also created a Pitch Perfect drinking game, which she has promised to share.

Have a fantastic Wednesday/Thanksgiving/Black Friday ladies. I am thankful for all of you and the support our little group has given me. :)

TheSecondHalf
11-27-2013, 03:20 PM
OMG, who notices things like that! I can not imagine. You can move furniture in my HOUSE and it might take me a few days to figure it out. Thanks for the link!

CeeJay
11-28-2013, 07:57 AM
Good morning,

Struggling a lot this week. Basically a lot of sabotaging thoughts like: "I can't do it", "it's too hard", "I give up" and so on. Yesterday I was really feeling sorry for myself and sort of down about it all. Interesting that when I am not eating healthy now I am sad and upset. Is that progress? Anyway, woke up early this morning determined to get back on track. Made lunch and dinner for today (night in hotel) and am ready to get back at it.

Hope everyone doing well!

TheSecondHalf
11-28-2013, 09:23 AM
Sorry you're struggling, CeeJay. Sometimes it does seem impossible. I like to find success stories and read through those. Sometimes it helps me to see that most people take years to get from where I am to a "normal' weight - but they FEEL BETTER almost from the start. It makes me hopeful and ready to try again.

Hope your day goes great! Take care!

ShelBl
11-28-2013, 05:12 PM
CeeJay You can do this! We can all do this. One day at a time. Sometimes for me it's one hour at a time or one craving at a time. But we're all going to get there in our own time. <3

TheSecondHalf
11-29-2013, 10:14 AM
Wellllll...everyone make it through Thanksgiving ok? I held my breath, said a prayer, and jumped on the scale. I weigh two pounds less. What the what, Universe? I mean, I'll take it - but how?

I did limit myself to one serving at lunch and I skipped anything I wasn't SUPER interested in. We didn't have a huge crowd this year but I do hate to over eat in front of people so that wasn't difficult. I tried a few bite-sized bits of dessert because how are you supposed to commit to one when there are like, nine? Again, skipped anything that I was kind of meh about. I have finally learned that cheesecake, although it looks amazing, doesn't really do anything for me and that's a huge fat and calorie bomb I can skip. Had very limited leftovers for dinner. It was great.

Hope you all had a nice day with family. I'm kind of bitter about all the stores that are opening up on Thanksgiving Day. I really REALLY wish people would stay home and not support that madness. As a former retail worker, I promise that all the rumors you hear - only the people who volunteer work, they get bonuses, they get commission, etc - not true. Some (in fact most) won't even get holiday pay. It stinks. And that's my rant for today.

ShelBl
11-29-2013, 05:22 PM
Hello lovely ladies. Hope you all had a drama free holiday!! (With my inlaws, that's the best I can ever hope for. :D )

I fell back into old habits yesterday, eating whatever I want, eating even after I was full.... 290 this morning. I'm really, really disappointed in myself after I was doing so well earlier this week. :(

TheSecondHalf
11-30-2013, 10:50 AM
Drama-free, kind of quiet. Pretty sure my blood is about 80% casserole. Haven't eaten a lot quantity-wise but it's a rough story nutrition-wise. Can not drink enough water!!!

CeeJay
11-30-2013, 11:41 AM
Thanks for the encouragement ladies. I have had 2 solid days on plan now. Whew...was getting worried. My weight for November 30th is the same as November 1st.-- 288. And in there I was down at one point to 285 and up at one point to 293. I need to stop this pattern and just go down and stay down.

TheSecondHalf- yay for a drama-free Thanksgiving. And for 2 pounds gone. Sounds like you did a good job dealing with Thanksgiving dinner. :cp::cp::cp:

Totally agree with you about stores opening on holidays. And could not believe what we saw on TV of the crazed shoppers yesterday. My mom said something like she would say they were behaving like animals but that would be an insult to animals.

ShelBl-hope the in-laws behaved on Thanksgiving. I think you and I are maybe on the same roller coaster ride. Time to jump off. :D

Talk to you later!

CeeJay
12-02-2013, 09:08 AM
Good morning

Don't know what happened but scale wooshed down to 285 this morning. The scale is suspect and I know there is little use in focusing on numbers. that being said, that sure felt good.

Have a good day everyone!

TheSecondHalf
12-02-2013, 09:22 AM
Up to 296??? So...yeah, no idea. I've got my notebook out and I'm counting calories, old skool. This next month is going to be CRAZY busy...well, next few months. After Christmas, we have a month of birthdays followed by GS cookies. One good thing about being a GS leader, cookies have lost all their allure.

ShelBl
12-02-2013, 02:20 PM
291 this morning after another episode of gorging myself on mashed potatoes yesterday. :censored: When will I learn?

Getting more and more anxious about my trip and having to wedge myself into an airplane seat.

Send us some of that 285 mojo, Ceejay :D

CeeJay
12-03-2013, 09:41 AM
Good morning

Scale went from 285 to 288 this morning. So I probably weigh somewhere in there. Oh well, I know if I follow a healthy food plan it will really be 285 soon.

TheSecondHalf- good for you counting calories and writing it down. It is a pain sometimes, but it keeps you on track. I am trying to do the same.

ShelBl- where are you going on your trip? I know exactly what you mean about the airplane seats. I get on planes with huge anxiety about the belt. I am going on a trip in January and want to be 280 or less by then and the seat belt is a huge motivator.

Have a great day!

skinnyki
12-03-2013, 10:52 AM
Hi all just going to jump right in bc u guys are right in the same boat as me. I am 291.3 today last week I was 290.0 on the nose. The TOM and Thanksgiving has thrown me off. Cant wait until I am 289 or lower will be so happy!! I have a question what do u guys do as far as exercise? I have lost 20 lbs with little to no exercise. I read somewhere that without exercise you can lose the weight and basically be the same size. This particular article said that a woman wass 285 and went down to 225 with no exercise and was in the same size. That will really suck! I feel like that is happening to me I am basically in the same size with a 20 lb weight loss I may have lost a couple inches but that is it. What are ur thoughts?

TheSecondHalf
12-03-2013, 04:25 PM
I don't think it's physically possible to lose that much weight and still be the same size. I do think it's possible to wear stretchy everything and still be in more or less the same size - because stretchy clothes accommodate a range of sizes. Or perhaps she had sever diastasis recti (abdominal separation) that would require surgery to repair and her WAIST stayed the same size. What was the source of the article and was it trying to sell you anything?

Personally, I'm a walker. Outside with my daughter or the Walk Away the Pounds DVDs. I like to walk. I also have a recumbent bike that I enjoy. It's super comfortable. Regular bikes are hard on my lower back. I'd LOVE to move to a regular (outside and everything!) bike in the next year, but for right now my lower back does not agree.

I used to like swimming but we've moved and no longer have a pool. I could join a club, but I'm not that confident (yet!)>

What do you LIKE to do? Don't get overwhelmed and feel like you have to do everything at once. If you can't decide what to do, put on your shoes and go for a walk.

skinnyki
12-03-2013, 04:37 PM
The second half. I dont recall what the name of the article was. But I do know they werent trying to sell anything not that I can remember. I also like to walk I have Leslie 5 mile walk. But it is something abt it that I dont like idk what it is its just not real exciting. :( I will just have to keep trying things I like music and like to dance I might try a zumba dvd.

ShelBl
12-03-2013, 10:19 PM
Hello chickies!

287 today. Water weight is a *****.

I'm with TheSecondHalf on the size thing. No way would that much weight loss not require different clothing sizing. Even 10 pounds or so changes the way clothing fits.

CeeJay, I leave on the 18th. Lots of time to be neurotic!! :D

We had a benefits meeting at work tonight, and I got to sit next to the hot guy in the office. He smells soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good!! Made my night.

TheSecondHalf
12-04-2013, 10:03 AM
Ah, the hot guy in the office. What's that like? I only seem to know mommies and my husband. I've forgotten what new cute guys look like.

So I had a little moment this morning when I woke up groggy and tired and slow and stiff and miserable and cumbersome and just generally disgusting - it doesn't have to be like this. There is pretty much no food I wouldn't give up to not feel like this every morning and to recognize the face I see in the mirror. Eating whatever I want (which isn't even what I WANT, but what's easy or around) is NOT worth this.

ShelBl
12-04-2013, 02:39 PM
TheSecondHalf I'm going to print that out and stick it on my mirror to remember every morning. Eating to live vs. Living to eat. I've been doing too much of the latter for way too long.

Oh, the hot guy. Every bit the picture of tall, dark and handsome. Also, funny, charming, and a slightly dimple-y smile which he shows often. So what if he was born the year after I graduated high school? -_- :faint:

He's still cute and smells good.

ShelBl
12-04-2013, 05:16 PM
I bought some Just My Size tights in 4x.... just took them out of the package. When I put the toe on the floor they come up to my shoulder, and are literally just over 7" across at the top.

Either these are the most stretchy, shape shifting SOBs in the world, or I have just completely lost faith in this brand.

TheSecondHalf
12-05-2013, 08:32 AM
I'm sorry, are you not seven feet tall and seven inches wide? Is that not what "plus size" means?

CeeJay
12-05-2013, 10:25 AM
Good morning ladies,

So hard to do this in December. GRRRRRR. Was doing fine all day Tuesday but yesterday was office party and I resisted a huge array of baking until about 11:00 am and then off I went. And nibbled all through afternoon and then got home and carried on. Rewarded with 288 this morning.

Determined to be on plan to the letter and hopefully by Monday morning some other number will be on the scale.

Hope all is well with everyone.

No hot guys at our office either. And I would be old enough to be their mom too. :D

ShelBl
12-05-2013, 02:24 PM
So, the tights were a little long, but the fit! I was amazed at this clear twisting of the principles of physics.

But I looked cute and I FELT like I looked cute, so I'll take it.

December sucks so, so bad.... Someone decided that graham crackers and frosting were must haves in the department the last couple of days. Left over from the cookies and frosting on Monday. We so enable each other there :(

They're throwing us a swanky Christmas party tomorrow night, with steak dinner and crepe station for desert and god knows what else. Maybe I should just not eat until then... or for a week after. Stupid holidays.

287.2 today. I want to keep losing of course, but I think my main focus right now is to not let that get above 287.6.

TheSecondHalf
12-05-2013, 04:04 PM
Enjoy your grown up parties, ladies. All my parties this year appear to either take place in classrooms or with Girl Scouts. Where did my grown up life go?

Also,I appear to be the only person still IN the actual 290s (292, to be exact) so I better hustle.

CeeJay
12-08-2013, 12:39 PM
Hi Ladies,

Hope all is well out there. Struggling a lot. Too much holiday food, work is just one eat-a-thon after another. Went to the city shopping all day yesterday and that resulted in fast food for lunch and dinner. The result- back up to 289 again and was surprised it was not more.

So today am regrouping again. This week I have Christmas potlucks at work THREE times. I work with a lot of different work groups so am invited to many different holiday celebrations. I need to really hunker down and get through this. So my goals this week are:
1. NO sugar. If I start, I don't stop.
2. Make a menu plan for the week today and chop up the veggies.
3. For the potlucks- am bringing salad to all of them and I plan on eating the healthiest things there. One plate only. Heavy on protein and salads, light on carbs.

Wish me luck, I am going to need it. The problem for me is straying off plan mostly kicks me into off plan eating for days.

Hope whatever needs doing in December at your homes is getting done. Almost finished my shopping! YAY.

Take care :):):)

TheSecondHalf
12-08-2013, 04:53 PM
Take the salad or fruit/veg tray! I started throwing some boiled shrimp in them and suddenly, I'm a legend. I haven't been to anything yet where at least three people didn't say, oh thank goodness, I can not eat one more bite of cheese or chocolate covered anything. You'll be a potluck hero!

ShelBl
12-08-2013, 11:56 PM
Hello lovelies!

Work party was a success, if you count the fact that I had lots of veg and protein and only a few halves of the roasted little fingerling potatoes that I love so, so very much.

And also if you don't count the many glasses of red wine. Open bar and a company that's screwing us. We all did our best to punish them with that combo.

Also crepes. With strawberries in sauce and white chocolate and Bavarian cream and chocolate and apple compote and... yeah. I only had one though, with the cream and chocolate.

I haven't weighed myself since. I think after tonight's gorging myself on nachos and Friday, I'm going to be a sad panda for tomorrow morning's weigh in. I also haven't updated my ticker in forever... I should do that.

Home going next week. Lots of eating things in my future. I was hoping to be further ahead by now :(

CeeJay, you'll do great!! Don't let those carbs tell you what to do. They're not the boss of you.

That's not a thing aaaaand you're not the boss of me... so. Can you see my toner through my jeans?

Just a little something for TSH ;)

skinnyki
12-09-2013, 02:03 PM
Hi all
I just found out that I been eating fortified mashed potatoes at my job! I cant believe noone told me and now wonder its been a struggle to keep this weight off I decided to not eay fast food and eat at work bc there portion s are normal size and its more nutritious now I find this out! My job fortifies everything with gravy and sauces. I dont need those thing anyway but dang thwy could of warned somebody. Oh well I know now and very happy bc I will NOT be eating those things at work anymore.

Tyring hard ti get out if the 290s been in right on the edge for two weeks now it is time to get it off. Implementing aqua zumba on Mon Thur and Saturdays we will see how that helps. I was also thinking abt my next reward goal. I mean. This always help motivate me bc I love spending monwy on myself. My next goal is to be 269 by Valentines Day that is down 23 lbs in 10 weeks. Im sure I can do that! When I do I am rewarding myself a coach purse and wallwt I cant wait just writing 269 feels good. Well enough rambling yall have a good day!

TheSecondHalf
12-09-2013, 04:03 PM
You have a fat heart ShelBl, and that's what matters. Crapes would've made me break my "don't be the fat girl eating seconds at the party" rule. Also, you guys have every right to drink them out of business.

skinnyki, I have never heard of fortified mashed potatoes? Does that just mean stuff is added to them?

Once again, Girl Scouts ate my weekend and I am SO TIRED. Omg, little girls have so much energy. If I weighed this morning, I've forgotten. I have never regretted the lack of Diet Coke as much as I did this morning.

CeeJay
12-09-2013, 09:49 PM
Hi Ladies

TheSecondHalf- LOL re potluck hero. I am bringing a salad! So glad to hear you are still off the diet coke. You did great giving that up.

ShelBl- hurray for a success at the work party. Hope you and your coworkers drank up a big bill for your company.:devil: I did use your "carbs aren't the boss of me" line in my head today to turn my back on pumpkin cake and chocolates in the coffee room.

skinnyki-your plan to do aqua zumba sounds great. Good grief can Valentines Day only be 10 weeks? Best of luck with your goal!

Today I did better than yesterday! Not perfect but I am not giving up! I could just whine all day about trying to resist all this food this month. But I just need to dig deeper and think about how good it will feel to be lighter at the end of the month instead of heavier.

Take Care!

skinnyki
12-09-2013, 11:41 PM
Thesecond half..fortified mashed potatoes does have more stuff in it like whole milk sour ceeam extra butter ect.. Im a nurse so we use it for our patients. I looked it up and it is double the calories of regular instant mashed potatoes..smh

CeeJay...yes Valentines Day is 10 weeks away. Sorry I bypassed the important Holidays like Christmas and New Years I just need to see some hope and have a goal to work towards 269 by Valentines I still cant get over that I mean I been much smaller than thay but not for a long time and it is well over due!! Im excited just thinking abt it. Aqua Zumba was great as always. I tried it before and it definitely tones u up. But I didnt change my eating habits then I cant wai to see the results with a change in my diet plus it is so much fun! I love music and love to dance and love water so it is perfect for me.

ShelBl
12-10-2013, 01:59 AM
.... now I want sinfully fattening mashed potatoes. :(

skinnyki
12-10-2013, 02:02 PM
Lmao....NOOooooO!!! dont do it!!! Im sorry ShelBI..that was not my intention
haha ha this made my day! Too funny.DONT eat them not worth double calories lol.

ShelBl
12-12-2013, 08:16 PM
I give up. I surrender. I am waving the white flag until after the holidays.

Then, my self control and I are going to have a long talk. I will send it to it's room to think about what it's done.

There are no fewer than 14 different kinds of treats here today. All of them delicious. Next week I'll be home and will have Tony's steak sandwich and Ruiz taco and mom's atole rice and chicken tacos and crullers from Tim Horton's until I make myself sick.

I accept this, because otherwise I will drive myself crazy. I'm also considering a diet of nothing but water and cardboard starting the 26th.

CeeJay
12-14-2013, 09:33 AM
Good morning!!!

So happy to see 286 again this morning. Yesterday was a good day and this weekend I have no plans so I am determined to eat very healthy and deal with Monday on Monday. Did fairly well at 3 work parties this week, eating way less sugar than I usually would and sticking to one plate only with the healthiest things available. Also am riding the exercise bike consistently so that is progress.

ShelBl - I know how frustrating this time of year is. Food everywhere. Maybe you don't have to totally give up until the 26th. If you can practice even a few healthy things each day, that is progress and you will still be doing something good for yourself.

skinnyki -yikes re fortified mashed potatoes. I have trained myself to only add skim milk and don't want to think about how good they taste with all that extra fat. How's water Zumba?

Have a good one!

skinnyki
12-14-2013, 12:34 PM
Hello everyone so excited Im finally in 280s and I hope to never see 300s again. I know its a small thing. I only lost 21 lbs but I am estatic!! I feel great and looking forward to achieving my weight loss goals. Its weird bc I really dont feel like I'm on a diet counting calories. I am satisfied which is all that matters. Super geeked to get all of this weight off.

CeeJay yeah I know the fortified mashed potatoes are wickedly good. But off limits now that i know. :)
Hope everyone have a good weekend!

CeeJay
12-15-2013, 10:46 AM
Good morning

285 this morning. :carrot::carrot::carrot:

I am finding that I am coping OK with the sugar the last few days. I am trying to think "nope, not right now" when faced with thoughts of consuming sugar and distract myself with something else. The 285 this morning was hugely reinforcing. My next goal is 281 and it is starting to feel possible again.

skinnyki- losing 21 pounds is huge!!!! Never downplay any weight loss. Just remember how it feels to be on the other side of that 21 pounds. So great that you are in the 280's!! You and me both hoping to never see 300 again. We can do this. I am also basically calorie counting and it seems to work for me too.

Have a great day everyone!

skinnyki
12-15-2013, 04:21 PM
Great Job Ceejay!!! 285:carrot::carrot: thats great!

Woke up this am and I was 288.2 ! I usually go down after drinking alchol has anyone else notice this? Also after tracking my weight daily I usually lose weight on Tuesday s and Saturdays is anyone else like that?

Ceejay? How many calories do u eat a day? I try to stay between 1700-1800 calories day.

TheSecondHalf
12-16-2013, 09:46 PM
Ugh, you guys, I am all over the place. I'm not even eating holiday food, I just have PMS and zero time at home, ever. I mean, I get the concept of making time "for myself" but I don't think I've had my nails done since my daughter was born (SHE IS ALMOST EIGHT) and I have dyed my hair in the middle of the night with box color more than once. I am EXHAUSTED all the time and I'm like 90% certain I have sleep apnea. It's so hard to motivate myself to put on makeup, much less go for a walk. I am not giving up for the holidays, I don't even really ENJOY food anymore, it just tastes like guilt. I just don't make time to actually prepare healthy stuff for myself and you can't get far on water, lean cuisines, and various burritos.

TheSecondHalf
12-19-2013, 10:31 AM
Ok, so, shaking it off!

I feel like I have my head on straight again. I was - brace yourselves- 300.5 a few days ago. I NEARLY DIED. I had myself a little OH HECK NO moment on the bathroom scale (step off and step on all you want, lady, it is what it is) and now I'm back with focus. I've been to GS parties and class parties and all kinds of other parties (too busy to eat, so at least there's that) and people keep taking my picture and I keep smiling as big as I can and thinking, I am going to be half this person this time next year. I am going to make that happen.

My promise to myself is to stop trying to grab things without slowing down. It is ok for me to sit down and EAT A MEAL. I am worth fifteen minutes to eat! I don't have to grab whatever I can eat while driving to the next thing! Also, I'm allowed to go to bed before midnight. No one will die if something doesn't get done or waits till tomorrow morning. It's OK to sleep, for goodness sake! I may not lose weight over the Christmas break and that's ok, but I also won't snack my way through it with mad abandon because I really could wake up at 315 pounds on Jan 1 and no one wants that. I'm checking Cooking Light and Pinterest for lighter, healthier snacks, sides, etc for the holidays. I will take those with me and leave the heavier stuff for other people. I know I'm making fruit and cheese trays for Christmas Eve, as well as some vegetables with hummus or something similar.

I'm giving myself a WW membership for my birthday in Jan.

I feel a little more in control and a lot less hopeless than I did a few days ago. Hope you guys are having a fun holiday season!!!

TheSecondHalf
12-22-2013, 11:05 AM
Well my ticker is correct again, I am at 292. I never thought I'd be so relieved to get back to EXACTLY WHERE I STARTED. Oh well. My goal now is not to gain ANYTHING between now and starting WW.

I spent all day yesterday making candy to give away. I have found out something - stuff you make yourself isn't all that interesting. By the time I was done and it had cooled to edible levels, I was SO OVER CANDY. So now just have to deliver it.

Hope you all are having a great holiday weekend!

CeeJay
12-22-2013, 04:49 PM
Hi Ladies,

Food-- sick to death of food. Sick of thinking about it, obsessing about it, cooking it, looking at it, talking about it, the internal debating about eating it... you all know this headspace.

I have had some good eating days and many not so good. By not so good I mean eating foods full of fat and sugar. So my weight is yo-yoing between 290 and 285. I am frustrated. On one hand this has got to be the hardest time of all to be trying to eat well. But on the other hand, if Christmas was not an excuse, I could find many more.

TheSecondHalf- good for you for getting away from that dreaded 300!!!

skinnyki- have been trying to hit about 1500 calories but lately that has not been doable. When I am eating healthy I eat the same breakfast, lunch and snacks mostly every day so that makes it easier. I am thinking of uping to 1700 to see if that makes it easier to stay on plan.

Take care!!!

TheSecondHalf
12-23-2013, 10:52 AM
CeeJay, this is a hard time of year. The food flood is almost over and we can get back to real life. It will be a relief.

I was 290.5 this morning. I hope this is enough motivation to carry me through Christmas and away from mindless eating.

skinnyki
12-24-2013, 02:00 PM
Hello all just checking in ti see how everyone is doing and t I agree with thesecondhalf..thank God. .the food flood is drying out one more day and this mess is over!! We can do it!
Merry Christmas everyone!

Fiona W
12-26-2013, 01:49 PM
Howdy y'all... I'm a newcomer to this thread. Finally got myself under 300 and now I have a new mini-goal: get down to 280. I hope it doesn't take months & months to do it! My weight loss has been slow this past couple of months.

I was weighing myself only once a month, because I was afraid of obsessing too much over the number, but starting on Monday the 30th, I'm going to step up to once a week in order to do fine-tuning on my diet.

Happy End-of-Holiday-Eating-Days to everyone! =smile=

TheSecondHalf
12-27-2013, 11:09 AM
Hello, Fiona! Great to have you! Congrats on your loss!!!

Hi, skinnyki! We made it to the other side of Christmas. WHEW!

I gained NOTHING. WOOOOOOOT! I'm pretty pleased with myself.

Now I can start counting down till my birthday. Nine days.

CourtneyDaisey
12-28-2013, 10:01 AM
Hello folks. After Christmas I weighed myself and found that I'd hit the dreaded 290. I am 10 pounds away from the dreaded 300 and refuse to EVER see that number. I will get this weight off and be a healthy mom for my kids and a healthy wife for my husband! :)

TheSecondHalf
12-28-2013, 12:25 PM
Hi, CourtneyDaisey! Welcome! I'm right there with you.

CourtneyDaisey
12-28-2013, 01:14 PM
Thanks! We can do this and get out of this dreaded weight decade! :)

CeeJay
12-28-2013, 03:41 PM
Hi ladies!!

TheSecondHalf- great news that you did not gain anything over the holidays. Something to celebrate for sure.

skinnyki- hello to you! Hope all is well. Like what you said: "we can do it!"

ShelBl- waving hello to you.

Fiona W- welcome and congratulations on your huge weight loss!! 56 pounds is fantastic. Can I ask what you have done to get there?

CourtneyDaisey- welcome! Maybe think about 290 this way: it is NOT 300!!! :):)

For me- I saw 291 this morning and that freaked me out. Some is salt but I think most of it is sugar and fat. Ugg.

I have been thinking that I need to start trying to frame weight loss less in a "loss" framework and more in a "treating myself well" framework. I tend to focus too much on the fact that I can't have food that I crave and that I am deprived. I still automatically see food as the way to soothe all the bumps of life. I see food as my reward for having a stressful job and too much to do. I need to start thinking positive- all the ways my life will improve with less weight. Especially my health.

Anyway, today I did some good things for me: started a new journal about what steps I am doing each day to treat me nice, rode exercise bike, ate a healthy breakfast and lunch and planned a healthy dinner, and did my arm/shoulder weights.

Wanting 2014 to be the year I hurt less at the end than at the beginning.

Let's rock and roll 290er's!!!

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

TheSecondHalf
12-28-2013, 04:57 PM
Let's all try to be out of the 290s by the end of Jan so we can change the title. Deal???

CourtneyDaisey
12-28-2013, 09:01 PM
Amen, TheSecondHalf! :carrot:

Thanks for the welcome, CeeJay! :)

ShelBl
12-29-2013, 04:30 AM
Hello lovlies!

I missed you! Vacation was fun... good to go back and see people, and good to get some perspective on what's changed (including in myself) since I left.

I ate too much of the wrong things as expected - I'm up 7 pounds from when I left, between that and the falling back into old habits -.- I need to get back on track and start eating mostly veggies again. I can feel a difference without them, so that's something. But! I fit into the airplane seats without an extension or anything, and on a couple of the planes there was even a bit of space before the seatbelt was maxed! I'm happy with that.

Lots of stress eating and eating my feelings the last couple of days. Christmas morning, our epileptic dog had a seizure that she didn't recover from. Her heart stopped, and she was gone by the time we got her to the car to go to the vet. We have no kids and won't, so our dogs are our little family. It's been hard without her, after almost 7 years.

Welcome to the new girls! I still need to read all the posts while I was gone, but I'm happy that we've gathered a few more for the journey.

Have a wonderful Sunday, ladies. I'm happy to be back :)

TheSecondHalf
12-29-2013, 09:28 AM
ShelBl, I am so sorry! Our little dog is 14 and he is our first baby (he was seven when my daughter was born and they are best friends). I am so so so sorry.

Congrats on your airplane victory!

My husband and child are off for another week. I don't know if I can survive this level of togetherness. Everyone is too meh to get motivated to leave the house, but too antsy to stay home.

CourtneyDaisey
12-29-2013, 11:00 AM
ShelBl - *hugs* I am so sorry about the loss of your dog. We have two dogs too and they are definitely like kids to us. :(

I am pleased to say that I weighed this morning and the scale said 288.8. Goodbye 290's! Still, these 280's better not get too comfortable because I don't want them hanging around for too long. ;)

TheSecondHalf
12-30-2013, 12:45 PM
Oh, congratulations! Good on you!!!

I am 290.5. I am SO READY for the 280s.

If anyone is interested, WW seems to be running a special - free sign up and half off the first six months. Can't wait!

TheSecondHalf
12-30-2013, 04:42 PM
I think I'm getting sick :( I slept till 10.30, got up and ate some oatmeal and then went back to sleep. I just woke up and it's almost four. I have a cough and I just feel off and exhausted. Ugh. NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Fiona W
12-30-2013, 07:18 PM
Howdy y'all! (I'm from Texas, so that's how I actually talk =laugh=)

ShelBl— I am so sorry to hear about your dear departed dog. My husband and I have chosen to have fur children as well—in our case, they're cats—so I know how devastating it is to lose one of them. Seven years is too short of a time with a friend like that.

TheSecondHalf— Oh no! You take good care of yourself, and get well fast!

CourtneyDaisy— Congrats on being out of the 290s!

CeeJay— I know just what you mean about getting out of the "loss" mindset. I'm trying to think of this journey as a gift I'm giving myself from a place of self-love. As for how I've lost the weight so far, well it was sort of a spastic combination of trying to stay on the Atkins diet with intermittent binges on cookies. But I'm happy to say that the cookie binges are now a thing of the past: about 40 days ago I read Kathryn Hansen's Brain Over Binge, and since then I've been binge free. I'm still doing the low-carb thing, trying to stay under 40 grams a day but not being really compulsive about it.

I haven't weighed myself since the 22nd: gonna see what the scale has to say tomorrow. I'll be happy if I'm still 295, because I did allow myself some joy eating over the holidays. And I'm definitely going to split a bottle of champagne with my husband tomorrow night, so...it is what it is.

Fiona W
12-31-2013, 09:58 AM
Oh boy! I just weighed myself, and I've lost 6 pounds in the past ten days! I don't see how that is even possible, given that I had chocolate on The Winter Solstice, but my digital scale doesn't lie. I'm so excited! I'm out of the 290s!!

TheSecondHalf
12-31-2013, 11:07 AM
Wow! Congratulations!

One bright side of this cold, I should weigh less when I cough this lung up, right?

CeeJay
12-31-2013, 08:35 PM
Happy New Year. May we all be out of the 290's soon!

ShelBl- so sorry about the loss of your dog. It is so hard to lose our pets and this time of year is extra brutal. I know how empty the house feels afterward.

Fiona W- way to go getting out of the 290's. Fantastic!!!

TheSecondHalf- hope you feel better soon. Yay for you just about out of the 290's.

CourtneyDaisey- you are also out of the 290's. Awesome.

You ladies give me hope. I have been riding the exercise bike faithfully but am still eating too much of the wrong things. Tomorrow will be better!

TheSecondHalf
01-01-2014, 11:53 PM
First, Happy New Year! May this one be even better than the last!

Next, I'd like to share something I read today. It hit me right in the gut: It's never too late to be what you might have been. I am going to hang on to that this year. I have wasted a lot of opportunities, most often because I was afraid to try or too worried about rocking the boat. When I read that, I had a moment! I can't rewrite or undo the past, but I can claim my future. So that's my moment of inspiration on Jan 1, 2014. I hope it helps someone else, too.

TheSecondHalf
01-02-2014, 09:57 AM
Today I am going to:

weigh myself (done, same)
log everything I eat
get on my bike

I have been really discouraged about my fitness level lately. Even overweight, I've always been fairly fit - I could walk for miles, do crunches, etc. I get pretty tired just walking the 1.3 mile loop I would normally walk with my daughter (IF IT WOULD EVER STOP STINKIN RAINING!!!!). Even the one mile Walk Away the Pounds video is a challenge. Forget using the light (only three pound) weights. And if I try to do a crunch, nothing happens. I am trying to keep myself motivated. I sometime feel like no one has ever been THIS unfit before. Five minutes on a recumbent bike shouldn't = jello legs!!!

So today I found this:

http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/14/c1/ac/14c1ac2dcd4a9e94e089fe2bc65be121.jpg

And that is pretty much where I am. I often feel so far gone and overweight that there is no way back to a normal healthy body, but I have to start somewhere.

ShelBl
01-02-2014, 02:33 PM
Good morning beautiful ladies. Happy New Year!

Thanks for all the kinds words and thoughts about DaisyDog. They are truly appreciated. (That's how the pharmacy had her pills labeled. Daisy Dog (last name). It quickly became our nickname for her. :) )

TheSecondHalf - I think the only time you slow down is when you get sick. I was a teensy bit happy to hear that you spent a day sleeping, though if you could get the rest without being sick I would be happier. ;)

Fiona W and CourtneyDaisey - Way to go showing the rest of us up :D Congratulations!

CeeJay - Ride ride ride! Yours is a much healthier way to look at things. Much more positive thinking that you can have a better life and smaller, cute clothes than you can't have a pint of Ben & Jerry's at the end of a long day.

Ben, Jerry and I... we've been spending a lot of scandalous time together lately.

293.4 this morning. I was expecting to be at 300 again after two weeks of complete disregard for what I was putting in my mouth, so I'll take it and be happy about it.

TheSecondHalf sharing that link and reading the updates made me think of something that my division director said in our last meeting. I think that it applies to everyday life as well as work life. "You have to juggle a lot of balls. The trick is to know which are rubber and which are glass, so that you can figure out which you can let drop to bounce back and which you have to keep in the air."

My weight has been a rubber ball for too long. Always letting it drop to be put back into consideration later. I need to make it a glass ball, along with some other things that I've just been taking for granted there will be time to juggle later.

My marriage, my friends, my family, my weight. Glass. If they drop they shatter and will never be the same.

Everything else? Rubber. They can bounce into play when the glass balls are stable, and drop when I need to focus.

So there. Deep thoughts for your first Thursday of 2014. If anyone else has an inspirational bit to share, please do. I don't think any of us will ever say we have too much inspiration.

TheSecondHalf
01-02-2014, 03:02 PM
"You have to juggle a lot of balls. The trick is to know which are rubber and which are glass, so that you can figure out which you can let drop to bounce back and which you have to keep in the air."

My weight has been a rubber ball for too long. Always letting it drop to be put back into consideration later. I need to make it a glass ball, along with some other things that I've just been taking for granted there will be time to juggle later.

My marriage, my friends, my family, my weight. Glass. If they drop they shatter and will never be the same.

Everything else? Rubber. They can bounce into play when the glass balls are stable, and drop when I need to focus.

I'm going to quote you and bold that because it's pretty impressive. A bit long for a tee shirt, but maybe I'll just think "glass ball" and that will remind me.

Fiona W
01-02-2014, 08:40 PM
'Love your glass ball statement, ShelBl, and thanks for putting it in boldface, TheSecondHalf. It is so true that if we don't value our weight loss very highly, it's not going to get done. And it's not selfish, either, because we can't give to others if we're not present and healthy. As I read recently in Brooke Castillo's If I Am So Smart, Why Can't I Lose Weight?, "Empty pitchers can't pour out love."

TheSecondHalf— Try not to be discouraged about your fitness: remember "No matter how slow you go, you're still lapping everyone on the couch." At our weight, we do have to crawl some times: that's better than going too fast and working out too hard.

I've had a lesson in that myself recently, because yesterday, for the first time in a very long time, I walked the mile and a quarter loop trail around the lake in our local park. Combined with the trail to get there and back, it was 1.5 miles that took me a full hour of hard cardio to complete. At my weight, and with my short legs, I know I was working harder than everyone else out there—including the people who were running!

So this morning I woke up, and man, I was sore! I complained to my husband that 1.5 miles should be not making my lower body and legs that miserable. I mean, we used to go backpacking, and I could carry a 30-pound pack for ten miles a day, up and down mountains. He said, "You're about 150 pounds overweight, aren't you? So what you did was like carrying two 75-pound bags of cement for a mile and a half." And I'm 58 years old. That was helpful: no wonder I need a day to recuperate!

I may even take another rest day tomorrow. I'll see how it goes. But soon, I'm going to be back on that trail again.

TheSecondHalf
01-03-2014, 11:45 AM
Thanks, Fiona. I know I need to just get out there and get started - as soon as I have a voice and stop wheezing. That's wonderful that you have a nice track to use. We have some nice trails around here and of course, I had planned to go on walks with my daughter and it rained every single day...and then we got sick. Hooray for Louisiana weather. I know we won't be sick forever but it's frustrating to actually WANT to go for a walk and not really be able to.

My motivation for the day: Start NOW before later becomes never.

It is easy to get discouraged because I have plans and being sick is thwarting my plans! But I've been overweight all my life and I'm either going to lose the weight or die fat. I really don't want to die fat. So if I can't exercise, I can at least meal plan and stick to my diet.

Happy first Friday of the Year!!!

CeeJay
01-03-2014, 11:12 PM
Hi everyone!!!

Happy Weekend...:) :) :)

So excited I have been eating well and exercising for 3 days with no hitch-ups. It always amazes me how much better I feel when I eat healthy but at the same time, how hard it is to do it. I am feeling pretty motivated. Leaving next week for a 2 week visit home to see friends and family and I am determined that I will eat healthy no matter what. Worried about the seatbelt on the plane, but there is nothing I can do about it right now. Just eat healthy and one day I won't have to worry about it.

TheSecondHalf-hope you are feeling better soon and back outside walking. I like your thought: Start now before later becomes never. That is so true. I don't want to die fat either.

Fiona W- your walk around the lake sounds great- no matter how sore you were the next day- you did it and you can do it again. What your husband said about the cement bags hit home for me. Those cement bags are killing my ankles, feet, and knees. I know that the only thing I can do to try and stop the pain is lose weight.

ShelBl - loved your story about the rubber and glass balls. We need to make our health our number one priority.

Fiona W
01-03-2014, 11:45 PM
I don't have anything special to report today, except for the fact that Kathryn Hansen, the author of Brain Over Binge, posted my story about using her technique to her blog: you can read it here, under "Tips for Beginners...Continued (Inspirational Testimony)" (http://brainoverbinge.blogspot.com/). I think the technique I describe would be useful not just for binge eaters, but for anyone who struggles with cravings and urges to overeat. Enjoy!

CeeJay
01-05-2014, 02:18 PM
Good day!

288 for the past 2 mornings. Thankful for that.

Fiona W- thanks for the link. What you wrote really makes sense to me. I am trying to step back from my thoughts about eating and watch them. Rather amazing to me how often thoughts of food enter my head. I don't know why it is surprising- I didn't get to 300 without a lot of dwelling on food. I am trying to stand back and tell myself- "there I go thinking about food again. Isn't that interesting? Think about something else." It is helping but is a challenge for me. I love your thoughts about the yappy dog. I know that mutt is in my head...:D

Have a good Sunday everyone!

ShelBl
01-05-2014, 02:23 PM
CeeJay you should be totally good on the plane. You're under where I am by a few pounds and I was able to use the regular belt just let out all the way. No asking for an extension yay!

Happy Sunday, lovlies. Just a fly by from work right now. Look at us, almost to 10 pages already!

kendrabear
01-06-2014, 05:12 AM
Hey everybody. This is my first visit to this thread, but not my first run on 3FC. This time last year I jump started a weight loss adventure and lost around 30 lbs but unfortunately it creeped back on. I'm starting again, and unfortunately right back where I was last year. At least I didn't gain more.

As of yet, I haven't really made any changes in my diet or exercise but I'm back on 3FC so I think that this is a good place to start.

This June is my boyfriend and I's fifth anniversary and I'd like to be smaller by the time that comes around. I know it's a little unrealistic but I'd like to be half way to goal by then. I want to be able to look in the photos and not feel ashamed of how I look, and not have to worry about my size getting in the way.

We'll see how this goes!

CeeJay
01-06-2014, 09:36 PM
Welcome kendrabear. Glad to have you with us.

I am off for 2 weeks. Not sure if I will be able to check in while I am away, but hopefully can read posts from DH new fangled phone!

Take care!!

livcarter
01-07-2014, 12:45 PM
Hi everyone. I just wanted to jump into this thread. I'm pretty much just calorie counting right now but I want to start getting exercise in as well. Hopefully my visit to the 290's will be a short one.

TheSecondHalf
01-09-2014, 04:32 PM
Hello and welcome, new people! livcarter and kendrabear, we are so happy to have you with us!

Fiona, I am checking out that link, thanks!

CeeJay, enjoy your break! We want to hear all about it when you get back!

I turned 41 on Monday, you guys and EEK! What the actual heck? When did this happen??? Weather here has been awful and everyone is sick (lovely today, everyone on the mend, YAY!) so celebrations were quiet. My daughter turns 8 next week and that's just shocking. I feel like I just found out I was pregnant and now she's this big KID. Shocking!

I am starting WW in a few weeks. Around the 20th? It's all back to school and Girl Scout cookies and meetings for the next little while and then I can start back with the leader I like. I love WW. My goal this year is to just GO. Don't QUIT and just GO.

I have to go order cupcakes and cakes and such. I have tried sending fruit as their special snack for my daughter's birthday (school, GS meeting, etc) and she's like, Mom, really? I eat fruit every DAY. The POINT of birthdays is cupcakes!

Fiona W
01-10-2014, 11:42 AM
I don't have much to report, but I figured I'd check in with y'all...

When I weighed myself on Tuesday, part of my new plan to weigh myself once a week instead of once a month, I was back up to 292 (from 289). That was discouraging, but I know darn well that our bodies have a 4 pound range depending on how much fluid we have on board. It's just so hard on my mood when I see an increase, I think I'll probably go back to once a month. My husband thinks the ambitious brisk 1.5 mile walk I took last week may have swollen my muscles some, and thus more water weight. Meanwhile, I'm not going to change my ticker...

Mostly these days, now I've conquered my problem with emotional/compulsive junk food eating, is to settle into eating patterns that I can sustain for the duration. I'm trying to do the thing where you "zig-zag" your food intake, doing some days that are a fast or nearly so, and others with a reasonable number of calories. But I'm temperamentally averse to counting anything, so I'm just playing it by ear, so long as I stick to the low-carb plan I've been on for a long time.

TheSecondHalf— A belated happy birthday to you! Try to have some perspective about turning 41: I'm 58, and I don't know how that happened, either. =laugh= Watch out for those Girl Scout cookies: they are eeeeeeevil.

livcarter— Welcome on board! I've always liked the name "Liv"—something perky & self-sufficient-sounding about it—but of course those are just my personal associations. =smile=

CeeJay— Congrats on being 288, and have a good 2 weeks off! I hope your visit with family & friends goes well. And thanks for the comments on my yappy dog scenario (http://brainoverbinge.blogspot.com/2014/01/tips-for-beginnerscontinued.html): I hope it proves useful to you.

kendrabear— Welcome back! I find it helps me a lot to post once a day at least somewhere on 3FC: it just gives me a sense of being accountable to myself. That's nice you have your 5th anniversary with your BF to work toward. It's always nice to have a future date like that. I have a Belgian friend who is hopefully coming to visit me in September, so that's what I'm using to help me stay focused.

ShelBl— I hope things are going well with you. Watch out for those Ben & Jerry evenings: I suppose hanging out with those guys is sort of like a recovering alcoholic hanging out with their old pals who are still drunkards. =laugh=

kendrabear
01-11-2014, 06:01 PM
Fiona W. You've made it so far already! Congratulations.

My scale says I'm down 2.6 lbs. My scale also didn't want to decide on one weight so it may be time to trade it in for a new one.

I bought Wii Fit U (my boyfriend paid for half). Did a workout yesterday and I'm about to go over there today. It definitely gets you sweating. But I'm definitely not able to do all the moves yet. But all in all so far I like it and it's definitely cheaper that a gym membership.

livcarter
01-12-2014, 02:09 PM
Hey all!

As of Friday I was down to 290. I'm hoping at my next Friday weigh in I'll officially be leaving the 290's behind.

FionaW: Thanks, I always like when my name has positive connotations for others. :D Conquering compulsive eating is the hardest part so it sounds like you are on a great path. The water weight retention gain that so many people on here have mentioned when exercising has made me a little reluctant to start. I'm going to try and get over it and start this week.

TheSecondHalf- I'm glad you and your family are all on the mend. Hopefully you'll all be 100% for your daughter's bday.

Slashnl
01-13-2014, 11:54 AM
Hi all. I was down in the 280's, but I'm back up in the 290's. I've started going to the gym and I think it might be some water retention, but I want to stay honest with myself and post in the right place. Sounds like you all are doing well!! Maybe by next week I can show a loss too.

Onward and upward. I went to Spin class today after having been away from it for a long time. It was tough, but I made it! Body Pump tomorrow, and then I'll really be sore...

That's what you get when you don't keep with it!!

ShelBl
01-13-2014, 03:49 PM
Hello!

Welcome to the new ladies, glad to have you!

TheSecondHalf, happy belated birthday. I'm almost 43 and I can't figure out when the **** I got to be this old either. I think it's a trick.

I haven't been on the boards in days and days. No motivation. :\ Holding at 293 though, so some of my previous changes are apparently sticking even though I feel like I'm just back to putting whatever I want in my mouth. Meh.

Hope everyone is having a lovely Monday, and that CeeJay is not missing us at ALL on her trip. :)

kendrabear
01-14-2014, 03:44 AM
Well I am sad to report that I weighed in at 295 this morning. That is more than my starting weight. Now I'm 99.99% percent sure it's from exercising, but it's still discouraging. Not that I'm making the situation any better. I made myself a snack of nachos that was big enough for 2 people.

Slashnl
01-14-2014, 10:55 AM
Hi all. Made it to Body Pump. It was hard... But, glad I made it there. I think that I'll be pretty sore tomorrow. That's the price you pay when you quit going and then try to go back. I am hoping I can make it through the 2 weeks or so of total discomfort and then start trying to improve. I have been doing ok with food, but need to be careful. Dinners are such a temptation for me.

ShelBl, I feel for you. I understand that lack of motivation. You get to the point that you just don't have the drive to tackle it all. Hope it comes around for you!

Kendrabear, did you just start exercising? I've heard that your body tends to hold on to extra water until it gets used to the extra activity. I do think that exercise is a benefit to how you feel overall. Hang in there!

kendrabear
01-14-2014, 05:19 PM
Slashnl I did just start exercising again. It didn't happen to me last year but this year I started Wii Fit and the strength training has left me with some minor muscle soreness so I am guessing I was just holding water for healing.

I did weigh in at 289 this morning but I do know it's going to go higher once I get some water and food in me. It was still nice to see that number again though.

TheSecondHalf
01-14-2014, 08:49 PM
Hi all! Hard to type as had crafting situation that ended in small trip to ER. Fine now but no more hot glue. Will carch up when index fingers are better :dizzy:

ShelBl
01-15-2014, 03:08 AM
I had an "incident" with a craft knife a couple of years ago that I still have a scar from. Crafting is dangerous business!!

Feel better soon.

Slashnl
01-15-2014, 11:22 AM
I didn't go to the gym today because I am so sore. I figured I would just take a little break and go back tomorrow. It's been good to get back to it, but I don't want to hurt myself more than necessary!!

ShelBl - I took a peek at my scale today, although I don't make it official until Monday, and it was down to 189, too. I just was curious if it was moving at all, and if so, was it going down. I'm not changing anything yet though! I don't know why I have such a strict rule about official weigh in for me. I just always have counted the Monday morning weight.

SecondHalf - OUCH! Those hot glue guns are dangerous!!! Hope you get healed up!

Slashnl
01-17-2014, 01:23 PM
Went to Body Pump yesterday and spin class today. Well, they cancelled spin class because the audio system wasn't working. So, there were 5 of us that just used the bikes for awhile. I don't get why you can't do the class without music! It is better with the music, but really???? To completely cancel it?? Stupid!

TheSecondHalf
01-17-2014, 04:24 PM
I have cut off the very end of my left index finger with an Xacto so many times, my finger nail bed is crooked. I can not TELL you how many late night design projects ended with tears and blood. Gross.

My burns are NASTY...not bad but uggggleeee. I'm going to have to come up with a better scar excuse :p

I start WW on Thursday! I missed it this week and I've been to this location before, there is only one leader I really connect with. She's a goofball but she's very encouraging. The others are just kind of flat (for me, perfect for other people, I'm sure). I am signing up for six months so I HAVE to go.

Can't wait!

Hope you are all doing well. Enjoy the long weekend (if you get one!).

TheSecondHalf
01-22-2014, 02:58 PM
I'm going to WW tomorrow. I have ROTTEN PMS so I'm going to be tacking on a few pounds. I'll look like a rock star next week when I magically lose seven or eight pounds :dizzy: I'm really excited to get started. I am paying 6 months in advance so I can't quit! If anyone is interested in the link, I can send it to you. It's not available in all areas, but it's worth a shot if you've been thinking about joining.

I need to start walking but my leg is still kinda gross and it gets twingy when the bandages pull. It's so minor, I don't know how people deal with major injuries!

I need to put together a shopping list so I can set myself up for the best possible first week.

Hope everyone is doing well!!!

ShelBl
01-22-2014, 06:13 PM
Hello lovlies!!

I don't feel so bad about being quiet, as it seems that we all have been. 291 today, so I'm on track for our end of the month challenge!! We just have to figure out a cool new group name.

TheSecondHalf - Are you left handed?

TheSecondHalf
01-24-2014, 03:02 PM
Hi!

I am not left handed. I am USELESS with my left hand.

I joined WW but missed my meeting because we are having weird weather (for us) and everything is closing early. We never have ice on the roads or freezing rain in Louisiana so we literally have no idea what to do.

Registered online yesterday, started counting points this morning. So far, so good. I really love WW. Remind me of that when I hit my traditional six week slump.

This weekend, I have two birthday parties and a baby shower. My niece is spending the day with my daughter because our schools are closed (I guess we have all those unused hurricane days so we're going to use them up?). I have a craft project to finish and a several gifts to wrap and my house is a mess. The girls are GIDDY with unexpected day off and I can't get anything done because they're just hilarious. Even my old dog is excited - everyone else is, he has no idea what's going on, but hey why not!

We have NOTHING going on on Sunday and YAY! I'm going to nap and watch movies and fold clothes and craft with my daughter all day. It's going to be FANTASTIC.

Hope you guys are all staying warm. I'm trying to think of a snappy name for the 280s - I should be there myself by the end of the month and even if we're not all there, we need to start a new thread soon, this one is getting long! Maybe we can use the same subject and just change the number? At least we should all be able to find each other again in the transfer.

I need to go finish up this craft project and the last step involves my old nemesis, Hot Glue. Wish me luck, y'all!

CeeJay
01-25-2014, 09:18 AM
Good morning everyone.

Am back from my trip. Had a wonderful time visiting family and friends. Good to get away from work for a few weeks too! And from our crazy low temperatures. Came back feeling refreshed and ready to dive into focusing on really healthy eating.

I did well with food on this trip. This is the first vacation (except camping where food is not an issue) where I have felt in control. I rarely strayed into sugar and for the most part ate fairly well. I was 290 when I came back but after 2 days of healthy eating I am 286 this morning. Either scale is nuts or I lost some water. Either way I am heading in the right direction. BTW- no seatbelt issues on the plane. Grateful!

livcarter- welcome!

TheSecondHalf-happy belated birthday. Hope your fingers are getting better. Ouch. Sounds like you are off to a great start with WW.

FionaW-hello to you! How is your zig zag system working?

kendrabear- good for you for starting Wii Fit U. This should be great in the long run. Don't worry about a few pounds up and down- like FionaW said- at our higher weights 4 pounds fluctuations are possible.

Slashnl- welcome. Sounds like you have a good exercise plan.

ShelBl-hi. Hope things are OK for you and that you are finding your motivation.

Take care everyone.

TheSecondHalf
01-28-2014, 09:52 AM
CeeJay, glad your trip went so well! No seat belt issues, woot!!!

Our schools are closed today and tomorrow. We are supposed to get ice or snow. I am seriously considering going back to bed but I really need to keep on with the laundry and cooking situation in case our power goes out. All our power-outages supplies (generators, etc) are still at my parents' after the last storm and they're an hour away so if the power goes out we are just going to be cold. EEK!

TheSecondHalf
01-29-2014, 07:37 PM
My first week has been kind of a bust! I'm not up, but I'm not down either. I registered last week and then we were iced in twice, then I spent the weekend stuck in a car (TWICE) trying to get to a shower and bday party out of town (YES TWICE), then one normal day and two-going-on-thee days iced in again and hey, tomorrow is my weigh in day. Well there ya go. I know people who are used to cold weather can't understand why we're so confounded by it but we are! I haven't gone crazy or used it as an excuse to eat junk, but normally I only have to eat with family for one meal/day and this week it's been breakfast, lunch, and dinner multiple times. It really throws you off!

TheSecondHalf
01-31-2014, 10:39 AM
Well not such a bust. 291. I started WW at 295 so I've updated my tracker to reflect that and my first (small, but huge) WW goal.. I know I'm very motivated to just GET. OUT. Too much inside time!!! We've just had three - four days of hard freeze so obviously this weekend is flip flop weather. I think a pedicure is in order. I wonder if I can get a pedicure al fresco?

ShelBl
02-01-2014, 04:42 AM
I will weigh myself in the morning, but I don't have high hopes :\

How is everyone? We all seem to have gone radio silence other than TSH.

TheSecondHalf
02-01-2014, 05:00 PM
Hello, ShelBl! Hope you're having a great weekend!!!

It was beautiful here today until about fifteen minutes ago. Mid 70s and sunny. My daughter was invited to a party at a restaurant near the lake so I thought hey, it's lovely! I'll park far away and enjoy the walk. Things I learned on this walk: I really REALLY don't want to be fat AGAIN when the hot weather gets here. Man. Yuck. I mean, I realize I can't lose 140 pounds in the next three months but I'd be happy to have lost 30.

CeeJay
02-05-2014, 10:42 PM
Hi Ladies,

Hope all is well out there. I did great on my vacation but it has really been 2 weeks of downhill from there. I am engaging in a lot of really destructive eating behaviour. Thankfully I got a PM from a buddy on this board that sort of kicked me into reality.

I am planning on spending the weekend focusing on me and doing all the things that are good for me and getting an eating plan together. In the meantime-- no more sugar and no more high salt food.

Like TheSecondHalf said- who wants another summer at this high weight? Not me for sure. It is only Feb 5th- lots of time to make major inroads.

Feeling more hopeful. :)

LovelyCourt
02-05-2014, 11:02 PM
Hi all! I'm a newbie...sorta. I used to bounce around on here a few years back and after going to the doctor and weighing in at 292 pounds (groans) I knew that I needed to get serious. I am at my highest weight ever and it depresses me thinking about it. All I can do is try to be better and become more active. I feel like I know what I should be doing but often feel hopeless. Anyway. Enough of my depressing story. I'm here. I want to make a difference and I think this is a great place to start.

TheSecondHalf
02-07-2014, 08:48 AM
Hi!

CeeJay, I'm sorry you're struggling and I'm glad you're turning it around. It is so hard to keep this up all the time. I can be perfect for days and then it's just like I AM SO TIRED OF HAVING TO THINK ABOUT EVERYTHING I EAT and I kind of lose it. Here's to getting it back.

Welcome, LovelyCourt! I have been checking in and out of 3fc for years now. I forget my first user name but I'm pretty sure it was sometime back in like, '99. Is that possible? At the time I was a "whopping" 230. Oh what I wouldn't give to be that "fat" again!

I am still trying to find a day to go to a WW meeting. For a SAHM, I don't actually ever get to STAY HOME very much!

Terra1984
02-08-2014, 02:27 PM
Hi Guys,

Im new to this thread. When I joined this forum I was 294 and now Im 295 from 300, I got up to 300 cause after awhile of dieting and working out I started getting lazy and I just stopped everything all together after awhile but on Jan. 16th of this year I started working out and dieting again and I've lost 5 pounds so far. I was always skinny as a kid, I didnt start gaining weight until after high school, While I was in high school I maintained a 120 pound weight all 4 years, Since I didnt have P.E.to do after high school to keep me in shape I just started eating fast food alot and I wasnt in sports prior to high school so I didnt have that to fall back on either so I just didnt know what to do when I graduated high school in 2003 so I just didnt do anything and thats how the weight started piling on. I started gaining weight from May of 2003 until Jan. 16th this year, So it took me 11 years to get to 300 pounds and I know its gonna probably be just as long to get to my goal weight of 150, I know it didnt come on fast and I know its not gonna come off fast. Anyway I look forward to getting to know all of you.

TheSecondHalf
02-09-2014, 09:44 AM
Hi Terra! Welcome!!! Things are kind of quiet here at the moment, I'm hoping everyone is off having a fantastic weekend!

My weekend has been crazy busy and it's not over yet, and tomorrow isn't exactly going to slow down.

I think I've found a walking buddy in my neighborhood! I'm so excited! We've been friends for a few years through our kids, and this year our kids have ended up in a lot of the same activities so our schedules are matching up a bit.

HOPING to finally make it to a WW meeting next Saturday. Also, if I get half an hour free this week, I am going to stick beach pictures all over this house. First as a reminder that it can't be wet, muddy, and cold forever, and second to remind me I don't want to be hot, miserable, and sweaty when summer rolls around. I mean, I'm going to be hot and sweaty because we don't really do "mild" summers around here but I can't help but think losing fifty pounds or so (DREAMS!) would be like taking off a fur coat as compared to these last few summers packing all this extra weight around.

Come back, everybody! It's lonely over here! I'll take Terra up there to death if you don't all come by and intervene!

Terra1984
02-09-2014, 01:30 PM
TheSecondHalf ~ Thanks for the welcome, Im sorry to hear its quite on this thread at the moment, Hopefully it will come alive again. Where do you live? You said in your post that you dont have mild summers where you live so I was just wondering where that was.

Tomorrow is a full week of walking 3 times a day for 45 mins each time. I take Sunday's off though just to relax. I also have a few meetings to go too one on Wed. and the other one on Thursday. We also have our errands day on Tuesday's.

mrskim
02-09-2014, 05:51 PM
This is my first time joining in your thread. I'm starting at 291, so I hope to jump ship to another thread soon! :)

TheSecondHalf
02-10-2014, 04:52 PM
Hi, mrskim! We are ALL hoping to change that thread title soon! Welcome!!!

Terra, I'm in Louisiana. We don't really have spring or fall. It's just summer, still summer, Christmas, oh crud is it summer again? And that's it.

You're doing a lot of exercise! Wow! I'm going to have to pick up the pace ;-)

It kind of goes in fits and starts here. Things will be kind of quiet and then pick up for a while. Keep checking in, I'm sure everyone will be back soon!!!

Terra1984
02-10-2014, 08:02 PM
TheSecondHalf ~ So the only season you have is summer? I like how we get all 4 seasons here in Kansas. I will keep checking in, Thanks for answering my question

TheSecondHalf
02-11-2014, 08:49 AM
We have had some cold and even icy days this winter, but in between it's back into the 60s and 70s. We lived in the northeast for a while and really enjoyed the whole "four actual seasons" part but it was waaaaay too far from family :dizzy:

I am really going to try to make it to a WW meeting on Friday? I think? Maybe Saturday? We will see. I hate missing meetings, I really enjoy going.

ShelBl
02-12-2014, 01:32 AM
Ladies!!! And new ladies! Welcome! :)

I've been lazy and lazy and lazy. I've been not weighing and wearing a lot of sweatpants and not going to the gym. Ugh.

I haven't weighed myself in daaaaaaays, but when I did I was 288. I'm hoping I have similar results in the morning, but since I've once again given in to the siren call of cereal at night after work, I'm not holding out much hope. Stupid dairy ruins everything.

I have been focusing on making more humane food choices, which has almost completely cut out a lot of the crap that I used to eat which is a side benefit. More humane is also more expensive, which means that I'm not buying things on a whim.

In other news we got a puppy. The house just didn't feel right with only three dogs again, and we (I) just finally jumped in and rescued a little guy from the shelter. I'm including a photo, because I'm obnoxious like that.

TheSecondHalf Do you think the meetings are what's making a difference? I tried WW online, but it just seemed kind of tedious and money spent for something I could get a free app for. Maybe meetings is the way to go.

CeeJay If you feel the need to pass your butt kick along, I won't complain.

Have an aca-awesome Wednesday, everyone.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/t1/1800423_10152308306248949_892667825_n.jpg

TheSecondHalf
02-13-2014, 08:27 AM
First, your new puppy is beautiful, what's his name, CAN I HAVE HIM NOW??? LOOOOVE.

I do well with the meetings for a few reasons, and it's easier to list them than to try to make a coherent paragraph:

1. I start to think I can game the program or am smarter than the program. When I go to meetings, I get weekly reminders (other people who are losing, or have already met their goals) that if you stick with the system it works. Yes, there are probably a million ways that work just as well, but THIS one works if you follow the program. Total buy in. Surrender to the WW.

2. When the weight loss slows down, those people at goal remind me that I WILL get there. They are proof that if you stick to the system and hang in, it will work. They have all had weeks where they didn't lose much or maybe even went up a pound but they stuck with it and hey, now they've lost 100 pounds.

3. Tips and tricks. Products that are Point friendly. Clarification of something I might find confusing. Again, in a friendly, chatty meeting you can meet people with experience or you can hand your tracker to your leader or an experienced member and ask if they see anything obvious (like even though bananas are free, maybe having five a day is excessive?).

4. Shame. Not really, but kind of. Once a week I have to get on the scale in front a person who is always happy for me when I lose and neutral when I don't - that's big for me. The women at the weigh in desk are 100% supportive, friendly, and discreet but I can't help but think somewhere in their brains, when I come in with a .5 loss, they are thinking, "come ON, girl, you have to TRY!"

5. I personally like getting my five pound and goal stickers in meetings, in front of people.

6. Just touching base for 45 minutes seems to help me stay focused. I can list all the reasons I like WW as a diet system, but just talking about the meetings - they are goofy, a bad leader can be boring or manic, sometimes you get to a meeting that isn't chatty for friendly (all business) and those aren't for me. When I can find MY meeting, it's a point of focus for the whole week. It's a reminder that it'll be next meeting before I know it and I want that next sticker or whatever.

7. Some of the older ladies are hilarious. Show me an 82 year old who is hoping for one more summer in a bikini and that's who I want to sit with.

I always ALWAYS do well with WW until I stop going to meetings. I have yet to make it to a meeting since signing up and I've lost the same six pounds three times. Every time I pick a day, something comes up (SIL had baby, roads iced twice, kid had to go to doctor, it's a conspiracy). It's very frustrating. I'm ready.

Terra1984
02-13-2014, 10:40 AM
TheSecondHalf ~ Oh okay I understand what your saying. I hope your able to make the WW Meeting either tomorrow or Sat.

2 more hours until I do my 1st walk of the day. Y*E*A*!!!

CeeJay
02-15-2014, 03:56 PM
Dear 290ers:

Have been away for awhile and doing so much overeating and stressing out about it. But am trying to get it together. As a first step I reset my stats and goals. I got on the scale today. That was hard to do cause I knew it would be bad. And it was. So far today I have ate healthy and on plan. Am determined to get through today.

LovelyCourt- welcome and hope you are off to a good start.

TheSecondHalf-waving hello to you.

Terra1984-welcome to you also. Have been up at 300 too. Good for you for stopping now. Your walking schedule sounds great.

mrskim- welcome to this group.

ShelBl-your new puppy is so cute. What's his name. Bet he or she is bringing a lot of joy to your home.

Have a great day everyone!

TheSecondHalf
02-16-2014, 09:22 AM
Hi CeeJay! We all go up and down and lose the plot for a while, the important thing is that you keep trying!

I spent ALL DAY yesterday in the car! My new niece was born last week (yay!) but my brother and his wife live about three hours away so we drove over, saw the baby for a few hours, came home, got stuck behind an accident, got almost (so close!) home and the drawbridge was out so we had to get back on the interstate and go around and I was just SO. TIRED. We ended up eating fast food THREE times! That's insane! And also a little gross. You can make ok choices with fast food (McD's has that egg white Egg McMuffin now, salads, grilled chicken) but is so hard to eat salad in the car :dizzy: At least I wasn't driving.

I know people say junk food doesn't make you break out but I have a new and painful blemish on my chin that begs to differ. Ouch.

The weather here is beautiful so we are going to the park this afternoon. We are getting closer and closer to summer weather and I am just losing the same five pounds over and over. This will not do!

Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!!!

Terra1984
02-16-2014, 01:18 PM
CeeJay ~ Yeah Im glad I've decided to start losing weight now, I didnt want to be in my 30's and still be at 300 or higher. Thanks for commenting on my walk schedule.

ShelBl ~ You have a cute dog.

TheSecondHalf ~ The weather is beautiful here too. Its been nice and warm. I hope winter is over for the year but we'll see if the warm weather last until the end of the month or if we get another winter storm which I hope we dont because we're gotten two winter storms already this winter.

I know I usually take Sunday's off but I feel like walking at least one time today so thats what Im gonna do before my brother, his girlfriend and their baby get here and before my mom gets home from work. I hope everyone has a wonderful day.

CeeJay
02-19-2014, 10:36 PM
Hello 290 Ladies:

I am on a good path right now- have put together 4 days now of healthy eating. Phew. Was beginning to think I was never going to be able to get back on plan. And go figure, I already feel so much better!

TheSecondHalf- congratulations to you on your new niece. How wonderful.

Terra1984- glad you are getting some nice walking weather. It hit -5 C here today with sun and that felt fantastic.

TheSecondHalf
02-23-2014, 10:00 AM
Aaaaaand pretty sure we all have flu. Awesome.

Terra1984
02-23-2014, 12:08 PM
CeeJay ~ Yeah but sadly its suppose to get cold again this coming week but it was nice while it lasted.

Im gonna take today off from walking like I usually do. Its a bummer that its gonna turn cold again this coming week, I just hope no snow or ice comes with it. I woke up at 10 am this morning to start my day. Right now Im drinking a nasty Coca-Cola to wake up, I really wish I had my regular Cherry Coke Zero but oh well, I'll have more at 2 pm when my mom gets home, She's going to Dillions on her way home from work today but anyway since its Sunday Im not gonna walk today but I'll start walking again tomorrow. I did walk last night though so that was good. I just plan to relax today though. My plans for this week is Tuesday I have an appointment to go too and when we're gonna go to Walmart and we're also gonna go to the tag office and Wal-Greens as well, Not in any order though. At 2 or 3 pm We're gonna go to a sit down restaurant just like every week and then we'll come home for the day. Wed. My boyfriend's parents are coming to our city for an appointment and then my boyfriend and I are gonna go out to dinner with them. Thursday Im gonna go to my peer support meeting and thats all my plans for this week. I hope everyone has an awesome day.

Fiona W
02-23-2014, 01:28 PM
Hey there 290-ers, I've been away for a few weeks for a questionable reason, which is that I only weigh myself once a month, on the 22nd. Why only once a month? Because I'm extremely sensitive to stress—both body and mind—so even the good stress of losing weight is hard on me.

But I like you guys, and this thread is good for me, and I should work on being accountable even when I'm between monthly weigh-ins, so I'm going to try to be here more often.

Anyway, when I weighed myself yesterday, I was at 284, which puts me 7 pounds down since last month. So I'm pleased with that! :)

Terra— Between your appointment and Wal-Greens and your boyfriend's parents coming, I can completely understand why you're taking it easy on the walking: you have a lot on your plate. I hope you have an awesome week!

TheSecondHalf— Super news about your new niece! Nieces are great, both when they're kids and you can do fun stuff with them, and when they grow up and they become friends. I say that because I'm happy these days that my 34-yr-old niece (my favorite of all my nieces & nephews) has just moved into a place only 1/2 mile from my house. I'm lookin' forward to lots of good times with her.

CeeJay— I know it was a few days ago when you posted about it, but let me say congratulations on getting back on a good path with more healthy eating!

ShelBl— Your puppy is darling! How're things working out with the new guy and the other dogs?

Everyone have a FABULOUS week!

CeeJay
02-23-2014, 05:53 PM
Happy Day!!!

My eating plan is working for me- thankful for that. Have been working today on feeling happy and motivated. Winter is dragging on forever. We have been in a hardcore deep freeze pretty much non-stop since the end of November and I have had about enough of it. Did a bit of reading, a bit of fiddling around with my music collection, sat in a hot bath, made a healthy dinner, went for a walk, called my brother, and generally took it easy today.

TheSecondHalf- hope you and your family are feeling better soon.

Terra1984-hope you are having a relaxing day too. Looks like you have a busy week coming up.

Fiona W-glad to hear from you! You are doing great- 284 has got to feel wonderful! I have been and out of the 290s many times and will be really happy to hit 284 where you are. I have not seen the 270's in a long long time. You are so close!

Take care everyone!

Terra1984
02-24-2014, 10:06 AM
Fiona ~ Yeah I definitely have a busy week but before it starts tomorrow I'll be sure to walk twice today.

CeeJay ~ Yeah I had an relaxing day yesterday

TheSecondHalf
02-27-2014, 09:57 AM
Everyone still sick here, but no one woke up with a fever this morning so that's good, right?

Terra1984
02-27-2014, 11:51 AM
TheSecondHalf ~ Yes thats good

I'll only get one walk in today and that will be this evening but I'll be sure to walk 2 times tomorrow when Im home for the day if not 3 times that day but my younger brother and his girlfriend and their child are moving in today so Im not sure how many walks I can get in because my younger brother and his girlfriend like watching t.v but maybe they'll be able to get t.v downstairs where they will be staying so that way I can still walk when I need too. Im not saying they have to always stay down stairs but that's where they're stuff is gonna be at but if they spend most of their time upstairs thats okay too, It is gonna start getting nicer outside so I'll just go outside more and walk, That way I can still do my walks no matter what.

CeeJay
03-01-2014, 05:11 PM
Hi Ladies,

Still at it. Was doing fine, then not, then OK, then not, now OK. I am very tired of having to pick myself back up. I am hoping March will be different.

Terra1984- don't give up your walking for anyone. Just politely tell them you need to walk and ask them to help you get it done. Hopefully they will understand. You are doing great with your commitment to exercise.

Happy Saturday everyone!

oliconnelly
03-01-2014, 10:52 PM
Hi all! I'm really hoping that this will be my only post here, since I'm so close to being out of the 290's...but, nonetheless, I figured I'd start by posting a little bit here anyway. I have a weigh-in on Monday, and am hoping it goes well. Last week was a bad week, however. Stressful times at work on top of a nasty sinus infection meant that I didn't feel or wasn't able to eat the best or exercise like I have been. I'll just keep my fingers crossed, and hopefully will be able to make it to the gym tomorrow afternoon.

Terra1984
03-01-2014, 11:35 PM
CeeJay ~ They have t.v down stairs so now I dont have any reason not to walk

I got one 45 min walk in today, Im gonna do better tomorrow though. One is better then nothing so Im still happy with myself.

ShelBl
03-05-2014, 12:07 AM
291 this morning. So so close...

I have zero motivation, as I'm sure is obvious by my infrequent visits. Who wants to volunteer to kick me in the ***?

TheSecondHalf
03-07-2014, 11:06 AM
Good morning! Still 289 here, still haven't made it to a WW meeting. This week we had Mardi Gras and we've had my niece over a lot so it's been impossible. The kids go back to school next week so I'm hoping to go Monday morning after I put my daughter on the bus. Wish me luck!

ShelBl, I'll give you a shove! Summer is coming and it's bringing shorts with it. Get it in gear!

Terra, you're doing great with your walking!

oliconnelly, welcome! We don't kick you out when you hit the 280s! We're starting a new thread as soon as we all break in there and we'll change the title. Good luck with your weigh in

CeeJay, keep picking yourself up. Hope things are better today.

Fiona! Hope you're still out there!

My mom got some bad news this week - her doctor is pretty sure she has cirrhosis (liver, I don't even know if there's another kind). It seems to be in a very early stage and would explain some of her health issues, although personally I think if they could see a more complete picture of her life (and not just what she tells them) they wouldn't be so mystified as to why her diabetes is so out of control. She does not take care of herself at all. So my little insight for the day: take care of yourself while the damage is still reversible. I am hoping this will shake her up and she'll start to take things seriously. I keep telling her she needs a sleep study and a nutritionist.

Fingers crossed for no rain this weekend. It's been a cold, windy Mardi Gras and our kids have cabin fever. I want to get to the park this afternoon and not freeze my tush off and the farmer's market tomorrow. We're supposed to go to my mom's for lunch so I'm hoping I can show up with some chicken breasts and salad and avoid the hamburgers and loaded potatoes.

Terra1984
03-07-2014, 09:22 PM
TheSecondHalf ~ Thanks Im happy with my walking

I walked one 45 min walk tonight but I'll be sure to do 3 walks for 45 mins each time tomorrow.

CeeJay
03-10-2014, 08:57 PM
Helloooo Ladies!!!

I finally hoped back on to the TRYmobile and have had 3 great days. What a relief that is. You know when you have those thoughts that you will never be able to start again? I have been plagued with that lately.

oliconnelly- hope you got out of the 290's and are keeping on going. You can always post here.

Terra1984- how's the walking going? Your legs must love you for it.

ShelBl- how are you doing? Here is your boot in the rear. Like TheSecondHalf said- summer is coming and we want to be more comfortable.

TheSecondHalf- sorry to hear about your mother. That is sad news for her and for your family.

Take care everyone!

Terra1984
03-10-2014, 11:08 PM
CeeJay ~ My walking is going good. Thanks for asking

TheSecondHalf
03-12-2014, 11:04 AM
CeeJay, thanks. We are still waiting for biopsy results. They seem to think it's very early days but who knows. My mom has been known to lie about or ignore medical advice she doesn't like. I'm glad things are going well for you again! It's tough to get out of a funk but it feels so :carrot: when you do!

I still haven't been to a WW meeting as I am sick. Again. Yippee. I have sooooooo much to do and I would like to just check out and sleep for a few days (it's probably for the best, it's no good to wallow). Maybe I can go Saturday before our big spring fundraiser at school. At least my total lack of appetite is translating into some (few) lost pounds? Looking for a bright side, here.

Also, for anyone who is having issues with Girl Scout cookies this year, as I know they are a big temptation for a lot of people, I have the cure. Sell them. Have your house full of them. Worry about having maybe over-ordered because booth sales fell in the middle of Mardi Gras and a few locations pulled out and oh my gosh what if you can't unload them??? You'll never want another Thin Mint again (till like, October when you'll be so psyched to find some in the back of the freezer).

CeeJay
03-16-2014, 12:51 PM
Hello,

Hope everyone is doing well. I have had a terrible couple of weeks in all ways and won't be out of the 290's again for a bit. I would get it together for a day or two and then be off on a complete downer. Oh well, need to put that behind me.

I am reading The Diet Fix by Dr. Yoni Freedhoff- an incredible book that looks at dieting myths and the impact of continuous failed dieting attempts on your emotional wellbeing. What he describes is what I feel like I am living. Anyway, going to try his approach and see what happens. I have nothing to lose and what I have been doing is not only not working, it is most definitely harming me.

Take care ladies and have a great Sunday.

TheSecondHalf
03-16-2014, 04:17 PM
You might have found the one diet book in the whole world that I haven't read. I will add it to my stack. My theory is if there's any little bit I can take away and use, it's worth the read! Thanks!

Still sick here. I think we are going to have to break down and do allergy tests/shots. I did this in the 80s when I was a kid without it making any impact at all but I hear they are better now. My daughter and I are sick all fall and spring and it's just too much. I haven't been able to hear properly for a month and then you add in colds and flu AND still dealing with the allergies - we are exhausted! We are also trying things like local honey and there's a pro biotic I'm about to put us both on although I freely admit I don't expect much of either. What an optimist!

STILL trying to get to a WW meeting. They have really scaled back on the number of meetings here and they're all pretty much at the same time.

Also, to my great relief, Girl Scout Cookie season is CLOSED for us and OVER. Our kids did a great job, had a great time, but it was our first time running the show as leaders and we had to learn a few things the hard way.

Despite the miserable allergies, I am so excited about warm weather and flip flops and the farmers market and I want to PLANT SOMETHING...like tomatoes or peppers because man, when did red and orange bell peppers get so expensive?

I have very little to report on the weight loss front. I'm holding steady. Anyone interested in an Easter challenge? I don't even know when Easter is. Let me look that up...April 20. That's a little over a month away. I bet I can lose...ten pounds?

Also, does anyone know anything about coconut oil? Because I have acquired a lot of it.

CeeJay
03-18-2014, 11:17 PM
Hi Ladies

TheSecondHalf-sorry to hear you and your daughter are still sick. I am sure it is really miserable. I hope once spring hits you will both feel better.

I will talk you up on your Easter challenge. I am not sure how much we can lose but let's go for it!!!

Sorry don't know anything about coconut oil.

PS don't know why the frowny face is on the top of this message but don't think I put it there?

ShelBl
03-20-2014, 04:17 PM
TheSecondHalf Coconut oil is healthy to cook with, and amazing for your hair and skin. It's my second favorite next to olive. It also makes nifty soap, but has to be paired with soybean or it's too soft.

291. Still. >.< But considering that I'm 12 days from being jobless, the atmosphere here is like a funeral, they keep plying us with food because the local leadership feels guilty about decisions they didn't make and I can't get anyone to call me back on the million resumes I've sent out, I'm just going to take the fact that I haven't stress eaten my way to 600lbs as a victory.

Easter challenge! I'm in.

Anybody have suggestions for vegetarian meals that meat eating men will tolerate? I've recently decided to go all cruelty free/humanely raised and treated meat products and more responsible egg/dairy products, and while they're generally tastier they're also very expensive so I've been looking for ways to use less. I tried black bean quesadillas the other night and they were a hit with picky husband. The butternut squash quinoa salad not so much. I'm eating a lot of vegetarian options at lunch since Chipotle is the only place around here that's responsibly sourced conscious, and the upside is that when I gave in and got a burger the other day I was miserable the rest of the afternoon. Yay negative reinforcement!

xoxoxo. Even when I'm being super lazy about the board and not posting, I'm thinking about you guys.

CeeJay
03-23-2014, 12:01 PM
Hello Ladies,

How's everyone making out? Anyone in the 280's now? I have been steadily on track for 8 days today. First time in a long, long time and I feel good. I will be weighing myself Tuesday and am going to only weigh myself every 10 days. I was finding getting on the scale daily was making me too obsessive- once the initial fast drop was over I would get discouraged. I am trying to look at this like if I can lose 1-2 pounds every 10 days that will be fine.

ShelBl - sending you positive vibes while you are having a very sad time at work. I am sure it is hard to keep going right now so good for you for managing to control the stress eating. I admire your decision to look at food that is humane. I think a lot about this too but have not been able to move on it (yet). There are lots of great vegetarian cookbooks out there and good ideas over at allrecipies.com.

Have a great Sunday!

TheSecondHalf
03-23-2014, 09:03 PM
CeeJay, I'm the opposite. If I start avoiding the scale, it's because I don't want to deal with the results of my poor choices. I was 286.5 this morning. I have got to start walking and using my bike more regularly. We did a lot of walking yesterday and stair climbing. When did I become an old person with clicky knees??? Anyway, good on you for doing so well!

ShelBl, I'm sorry things are so hard at work.

Our farmers' market has everything and it is less expensive than cage free, grass fed at the grocery. I don't really like to eat meat so I'm always trying to get by without cooking it. My family is not convinced. We end up eating a lot of pasta and rice with vegetables or beans or whatever is in season. I LOVE trying new things but my husband and kid are not so adventurous. Have you tried Pinterest for ideas?

My goal is to drag myself DIRECTLY to a WW meeting as soon as I put my kid on the bus Tuesday morning. It will be a race to get there, but all of the times are inconvenient for me in one way or another, might as well go early and get it out of the way. I would like to be in the 270s by Easter, which is totally reasonable if I would just stop messing around.

TheSecondHalf
03-25-2014, 04:42 PM
I did it! I finally went to a meeting! I don't think this will be "my" meeting but I went! The leader is nice and she's lost over 100 pounds. She gets emotional talking about it, which I appreciate. I feel like the whole process is pretty fresh in her mind and she gets it. It's a small group of about 12 - 15 and they all know each other and the next youngest person is easily 20 years older than I am. I am fine with that, 8.30 on a Tuesday is a tough time to make. I'm going to try the same leader at another time and see how that goes. Anyway, I went and that is the important thing.

:carrot:

ShelBl
03-25-2014, 07:24 PM
TheSecondHalf YAY!!! I've been really thinking of joining up again and doing meetings this time instead of online. Super happy for you that you made one!

TheSecondHalf
03-26-2014, 10:14 AM
You should! We could compare notes ;)

They have this Quick Start thing, which is new to me. I am just tracking and trying to follow the healthy guidelines this week because I had just done all my grocery shopping for this week and Quick Start is kind of different. It looks easy to follow and pretty basic. There are recipes or guidelines - like a template. I like that idea, I just wasn't prepared for it.

pegeye
03-26-2014, 01:07 PM
New to this site and thread.. weighed in at 298 a couple weeks ago and that terrified me.. never weighed that much in my life. Usually sat around 200 which is still not ideal for me but i moved and got lazy thus 298 was born. now been back on IP for a week.. weigh in tomorrow and i hope its good news.

Hi to everyone and good luck on your journeys :)

TheSecondHalf
03-26-2014, 02:32 PM
Hi and welcome! Best of luck to you!

I'm changing my profile and ticker to reflect my WW weigh in (as it turns out you weigh more after breakfast and fully clothed at a WW meeting than you do first thing in the am and not so fully clothed :dizzy: although there are those people at every early morning meeting who strip down to a jog bra and running shorts. I am not those people. I'll take the extra pounds). My first goal is 15 pounds.

ShelBl
03-29-2014, 12:17 AM
pegeye welcome! Love the avatar. :)

TheSecondHalf I wouldn't strip down now but when I'm skinnier, watch out. I'll be the one arrested for public indecency!

FINALLY under the mark!! 288 yesterday morning, and when I went to the doctor today she informed me that I'm down 15 pounds over all since seeing her last. Which was June, but whatever. I'll take 15 down any day.

Got an offer for a new job, so I don't have to stress about what I'm going to do after Tuesday. It looks like I'll be on a closer schedule to hubby's, which means we can walk the dogs and things. He wants to go to the gym, and I got the T25 workout thing in an insane attempt to motivate myself.

I'm kinda terrified, to be honest. It's reportedly kicks the *** of moderately in shape people, so I have no hope. Yet.

Hope everyone has a fantastic weekend!

TheSecondHalf
03-29-2014, 11:49 AM
ShelBl, congrats on your 15! And job offer! So much good news!!!

Tell me about this T25 business, this is new to me.

TheSecondHalf
04-01-2014, 08:48 AM
There is no way I'm going to make it to my WW meeting this morning. It's a tight squeeze anyway but I am soooooooo sleepy! Our dog still has kennel cough (though he's getting better) and every time he coughs at night I feel obligated to sit up with him and sympathize (scratch ears, rub belly) because he's just so pitiful. ANYWAY as soon as I get this child on the bus I'm taking a nap.

There's a meeting at ten on Thursday that will be much easier to make and I'm pretty sure I've lost five pounds - I want that sticker!

Hope everyone is doing well!

CeeJay
04-01-2014, 10:40 PM
Hi Ladies,

I am still here. Did 10 great days and then 6 not so great. Such is life. Still trying! Got down to 290 but don't think I am still there.

TheSecondHalf-Yay for 286 and for going to the meeting.

ShelBl-yay for also being under 290- I am going to have to chase you and TheSecondHalf. Great news about the job- hope everything goes well for you.

pegeye- welcome to this thread.

Bunny1973
04-03-2014, 10:14 AM
297.4 here so my next mini goal is 289.

Bunny1973
04-03-2014, 05:28 PM
I'm so stinking hungry today. I'm singing my mantra "I will survive!"

CeeJay
04-05-2014, 10:14 PM
Hello Ladies

All is well here. The next time I am on the scale I am hoping to be out of the 290's. If I am- well yay, if not, then the next time I will be there. The book The Diet Fix is really helping me.

Bunny1973- congratulations on your weight loss. Keep on singing. :D

Hope everyone has a great Sunday!

mb2004
04-07-2014, 10:16 AM
Well. I just hit 299.5 last week (tommorrow morning is my weigh in) I feel like I'm pmsing so Im not expecting a loss. I can only hope for being the same. I dont want to hit 300 again!! I bought new tennis shoes but its SO muddy here I dont want to wear then outdoors haha.

silentarctic
04-07-2014, 10:29 PM
mb I'm with you, I'm dancing that fine line right now, I am so nervous my scale will tell me I'm back up over 300. Even IF I know that based on what I've ate thats really NOT possible. (or would have to be due to odd water retention etc). Hopefully I will get to know you gals a little ... I know I'll be "here" for a while but hopefuly not too too long, I still have a long journey ahead of me to a healthier weight.

TheSecondHalf
04-09-2014, 08:42 AM
Good morning, all!

I have a doctor's appointment today (routine, time to get the meds refilled which is awesome because allergies are KILLIN). I had blood work on Monday. I am pretty much exactly where I was at my last appointment :( I initially left the office, joined WW and lost about 30 pounds and then this happened and that happened and everyone was sick forever and it was summer and then school started and always busy, sick again, blah blah blah right back where I started. UGH. I am SO FRUSTRATED with ME :mad:

Off to get ready. Wish me luck!

silentarctic
04-09-2014, 03:24 PM
The second Half: I'll tell you what everyone else is telling me. It'll be okay just keep trying. I am royally frustrated with my body at the moment. I have struggled to lose these most recent 30lbs. And guess what after that loss, after basically 3 months of being super restrictive and trying my best, my numbers are HORRIBLE. I mean my scale number is better, but my sugars are "really high". :(

WTF right? I've lost weight and have worse bloodwork. It's frustrating I feel like the universe is screaming at me "Haha, you thought you were doing well but you are a joke" :(

Speegle52408
04-09-2014, 04:48 PM
Hi All,

I have been dieting on and off since Jan 13th, 2014. I started at 298 and I am down to 289. I was 307 in 2010 and decided that in order to have a baby i needed to lose so i joined WW and lost 39 pounds putting me at 268. It was great. Got pregnant, had baby, joined WW post baby and it didn't work as well. I was 267 after having him and now I am back at 289. :( Sucks i wish i hadn't let myself get to this point but here I am again. I feel like my husband doesn't understand my struggle because he is 6'2 and weighs a whopping 212 pounds. I am using the myfitnesspal tracker and trying to stay under 1500 calories a day with exercise 3 times a week. Hope you guys don't mind me joining your group.

TheSecondHalf
04-09-2014, 10:32 PM
As it turns out, "exactly where I was at my last appointment" would've been a blessing. I am diabetic. I have fatty liver disease (or a fatty liver, whatever even my liver is fat), and I've gained 20 pounds. So now I have to take my blood sugar every morning for a month, have more blood work, an ultrasound of my abdomen, meet with a diabetes educator, and do a sleep study. UGH. She was very nice about it and said things like well, your allergies are clearly out of control so the OTC meds could throw off your liver enzymes, and of course if you've had sinus infections (I have one now), that can cause a high reading and the sleep apnea isn't helping but let's be real - I am almost 300 pounds. I think I know why my blood sugar is high and I have fatty liver. I mean, duh. But she gets points for being nice about it.

The good news is all my other blood work was excellent. So...yay for medical mysteries!

Silentartic, all the best to you. I am doing WW and I plan to get some books on the diabetes and just follow them. I am tired of trying to game the system. I surrender. Just point me to someone who will tell me what to do and I will do it. It's done. You're doing all the right things, the results have to reflect your hard work. What does your doctor suggest?

Speegle, hello and welcome! I did almost the exact same thing before I got pregnant (only it was a surprise - after seven years of marriage, I don't know why we were so shocked :dizzy:) followed WW, nice big loss, had baby - um, gained like a LOT. I have also lost and gained the same 30 pounds (plus a few) like three times a year since this kid was born (she's eight)(gulp). WW always works for me, I just don't always work so hard at WW. I am on WW right now. When I follow it, I lose weight - it's just so hard to stay on track! I'm sorry you feel your husband isn't understanding. I kind of feel like it must be a hard thing to understand. My husband is supportive but just kind of baffled by how emotional this is for me. He does a lot of things he thinks are "helpful" and they are so not:^: I have really stopped saying things like, "don't let me eat x" or "help me stay on track" because then I just get mad and feel like he's the food police. I am setting us up for an argument! I find girlfriends are way better for these kinds of conversations.

silentarctic
04-11-2014, 08:34 PM
TSH - Sorry you had bad news too. I don't apparently get to find anything out until my doctors appointment in almost 2 weeks. I am of course stressing in the mean time. I am hoping to drop MORE weight before the doctors appointment. I don't know if we'll even weigh me but psychologically I will be able to handle things better if I know I've done my best. I really want to stay this side of 300 and keep going. I just started tracking my food and activity again. As much as I don't think calorie counting is sustainable for ever I think at this point logging everything will come in handy if I need to discuss specifics with a doctor or dietician.

TheSecondHalf
04-12-2014, 10:35 AM
Good luck and I know you can do it. I'm ok with calorie (or Point) counting. Most people I know who actual lost a lot of weight and kept it off were counting something and still do, more or less. Sometimes it sounds like a really awful thing to go through life always counting and measuring and then I think, can't be any worse than going through life being fat :dizzy:

You can do it! :hug:

mb2004
04-12-2014, 12:52 PM
with mfp I don't find counting Cal's so bad I can't imagine doing it without my smartphone though!

whew started c25k today. my last walk before cool down I was just trying to give myself the pep talk. I can do one more I can do one more but then I didn't even have to!! it was cool down time! whew!

mb2004
04-12-2014, 12:59 PM
with mfp I don't find counting Cal's so bad I can't imagine doing it without my smartphone though!

whew started c25k today. my last walk before cool down I was just trying to give myself the pep talk. I can do one more I can do one more but then I didn't even have to!! it was cool down time! whew!

CeeJay
04-12-2014, 09:46 PM
Hi everyone,

mb2004- congratulations on getting to 299!!!

silentarctic- waving hello to you. And what a huge amount you have lost! Hope to be there sometime.

Speegle52408- welcome- great to have you here.

TheSecondHalf- so sorry for the results of your medical appointment. Sending you a big hug. Just stay strong and keep following your program- that will have a huge impact on your health.

I am doing pretty well. I am following a lot of the advice in The Diet Fix and it is helping. I am not weighing myself until the end of the month. Not getting on the scales is helping me focus on eating healthy without looking for instant results. I know this is going to be a long road.

Take care everyone!

TheSatinPumpkin
04-12-2014, 10:07 PM
Hi all,

Happy to be out of the 300's. Been on Atkins Extended Induction since August 27th 2013. So much inspiration here.

silentarctic
04-15-2014, 12:18 PM
Back in the 300's I did not manage to stay here as well as I thought I would. Hopefully I'll 'belong' here again soon!

TheSecondHalf
04-21-2014, 11:38 AM
Hi! Hope everyone had a great Easter weekend! It's spring break here so this is what my week is going to sound like: can we go to the park? can we go to the movies? can this person come over? can we have a sleepover? I'm hungry. I'm hungry. I'm hungry. can we go to the park? when are we swimming? when are we swimming? WHEN ARE WE SWIMMING?!?!?!?!?

I'm already tired and it's 10.35 on Monday :dizzy:

I'm back on plan. Hope everyone else is doing well. Happy Monday :p

mb2004
04-24-2014, 11:22 AM
is it friday yet? I was asking that yesterday! Ugh. Im so ready for this week to be done... but yesterday 3 kids sadly were kicked out of our program because of bad behavior, hopefully my week will get easier now :( I hate doing it, but I need to be able to concentrate on my whole class not just the few kids causing issues. And the stress at work just makes me want to sit home and not go to the gym lol.

TheSecondHalf
04-26-2014, 01:02 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5FkshLcNLQ

I've seen this floating around for a while but I just watched it today. If I ever lack motivation to work out, I need to watch it because it's so inspiring! She changed her body, but the change in her spirit is truly uplifting.

I don't have a gym membership but I have everything I need to work out every day. The next time I feel like skipping out, I need to watch this.

mb, tell me what it is you do again?

Spring Break is over. As usual, I had so many plans and we never got to half of them but it was nice not being a slave to the school schedule and homework (even though I made her read and practice violin every day because I'm evil). We got to visit friends, hold some babies, pet some dogs, chase some chickens, visit our favorite parks, and sleep a little later. Four more weeks and school will be out for summer. I was JUST freaking out about sending my baby to kindergarten and next year she'll be starting her last year of elementary school. How did that happen so fast?

mb2004
04-26-2014, 04:35 PM
Thesecondhalf I work for an afterschool program :)

silentarctic
04-27-2014, 11:51 PM
Hey guys, thanks to a lovely cold I'm back here again, hopefully with the return of my ability to breath my apetite doesn't go crazy and ruin this. I'm not updating my ticker until I've been confidently in the 290's for a full week again. This AM though I was 295... and I didn't eat or drink anything that should change that really pretty similar salt content and nutrition content to what I ate yesterday. Ifnot slightly better. (had more snacks later in the evening saturday night).

silentarctic
04-28-2014, 10:16 AM
294 (293.4 actually) this morning. Don't know if I'm alone here if everyone else has moved on... but posting just... to keep track.

silentarctic
04-29-2014, 05:49 PM
290's representin. 294 this Am still not bad, it was up afew points from the day before but I ate a LOT last night so I'll call it even and be glad it wasn't up even more.

Have some major cooking to do tonight need to stir up some protein. Finally feeling on the mend healthwise maybe I can leave the 290's in may. Just maybe...

mb2004
04-29-2014, 06:20 PM
298 still. Whew!

silentarctic
04-29-2014, 09:49 PM
mb hang in here with me! We can do it!

silentarctic
04-30-2014, 09:27 AM
Hanging out in the lower half of the 290's still despite copious amounts of food yesterday. I did burn more than I ate but I was still nervous it was so many calories...

silentarctic
05-01-2014, 09:42 AM
Still hanging out in the 290's but up 0.4 from yesterdays weigh in. I thought I "watched it" better yesterday than the day before but was still rather high in calories. :-\ Still trying to figure out a new balance, I am supposedly burning more than I'm intaking but the deficits are in the 300 yo 500 calorie range if thats the new trend I won't lose even 1 lb per week let alone the 2lb per week that I aspire to :-(

TheSecondHalf
05-01-2014, 07:24 PM
Hi all! I have een trying to read up in the Diabetes forum so I forgot to check here for a few days.

I don't even know what I weigh. I have been reading books on diabetes and half way trying to count Points. I'm a hot mess.

But I'm here!

silentarctic
05-03-2014, 02:31 AM
TSH I am right in there with you! WE can do this!

mb2004
05-03-2014, 01:50 PM
Down a lb. Whohoo for being 297!

CeeJay
05-03-2014, 11:12 PM
Hi everyone,

Unfortunately have had a very bad run with food lately. Not trying and pretending to myself that I did not care. I weighed myself this morning- way back up to 297. I need to move on. Today was a good day and I have a plan for tomorrow.

Guess I just need to keep on trying. What other choice is there?

TheSatinPumpkin
05-03-2014, 11:14 PM
Take it one day at at time :)

yoyo
05-04-2014, 11:20 AM
295 down 4 lbs

TheSatinPumpkin
05-04-2014, 06:41 PM
^^ Welcome and Congrats!

CeeJay
05-04-2014, 08:41 PM
Hi everyone,

Second day of healthy, sane eating and no sugar. Grateful.

yoyo- yay for 4 pounds gone!

TheSatinPumpkin-thanks for the encouragement.

Have a great week!!!

silentarctic
05-05-2014, 12:39 AM
Back up in the top 290's argh, why do I let this happen, frustrating but as long as I don't jump back into the 300's then I won't get too down, I can still "correct" this. No more cheating for a while I hope!

TheSecondHalf
05-05-2014, 07:35 PM
Hi all! We are finally getting HOT weather around here and all I can think is, omg, why am I still fat?!?

I am still floundering at WW, still reading books on diabetes, and still forgetting that (HELLO) I am supposed to be trying to lose weight and bring down my blood sugar numbers. Today I had Indian for lunch and while it was delicious, the bed of rice it came on probably didn't do me any favors (but so delicious).

A friend of mine trains for Ironman races and when you go to his house, there are posters EVERYWHERE about training and focus. I may have to do something like that.

silentarctic
05-05-2014, 10:51 PM
TSH you and me gal, we can and will get our acts together! :)

CeeJay
05-12-2014, 09:46 PM
Hello to all the 290ers out there!!! :wave::wave::wave:

Hoping to be out of the 290's again soon. It sure would be nice to say goodbye to that number forever. Only one way out and that is learning how to deal with less then stellar moments by moving on quickly and not getting derailed. Hope I can figure that one out sometime soon. :?:

silentarctic
05-19-2014, 11:21 AM
CeeJay we can totally figure this out.

silentarctic
05-19-2014, 11:22 AM
2 weeks, I can do that, right? 2 weeks... and 5 lbs... sounds reasonable.... I'd like to be out of the 290's for real by the end of may... thats just shy of 2 weeks.

mb2004
05-21-2014, 12:49 AM
291.8 Almost Out Of Here!!!

TheSecondHalf
05-21-2014, 09:58 AM
Oh you guys I have totally lost the plot. I have been busy but that's no excuse. Yesterday I was at a school thing and all the SUPER BUSY PTA super moms manage to work out, raise multiple kids, devote as much time to PTA as a full time job, and still show up clean and showered so I have zero excuse - I should really stop trying to make them.

I know it's not healthy to compare yourself to others but at some point I need to realize that if they can do it, I can do it. Their lives are no easier and no less demanding than mine, they just require more of themselves and I let myself off the hook.

I keep seeing all those "100 days of" challenges and I think I might need to challenge myself to 100 days of staying on plan. Good grief, what would that even feel like?

silentarctic
05-21-2014, 12:37 PM
oh mb you are doing so great I am jealous! I need to get back on this train track outa here!

TSH IDK about this obsession with perfectly on plan days. If I am going for "perfect" I will not ever reach it.

TheSecondHalf
05-21-2014, 08:44 PM
I do Weight Watchers with an eye towards limiting the white carbs. When I plan ahead, it is SO easy to stay on play. When I plan ahead. It's a fairly generous plan and it's realistic and works for me. I just really really suck at planning ahead.