Ideal Protein Diet - IP Weekend Chat Sat 10/26 - Sun 10/27/2013

lisa32989
10-26-2013, 06:04 AM
:welcome2:
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/243142-have-question-about-ip-read-here-first-before-posting-question.html): Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
(http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-exercise-other-important-threads.html)and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/4701599-post49.html)

NOTE: Attached files in stickies (and elsewhere) have been nonfunctional for the past few weeks. Admin are a aware of the problem & it has been reported to tech support. Links to Googledocs have been added for protocol sheets until technical issues are resolved

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/221536-real-cost-cheating-ideal-protein.html)

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/261885-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow.html)
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/268669-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow-volumn-2-a.html)
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/212175-fun-ideal-protein-packets.html)
Fun with Veggie Purees! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/264231-fun-veggie-purees.html)
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/273856-ideal-protein-diet-recipes-4-a.html)
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/270950-ideal-protein-tips-recipes-incredible-weight-loss-center.html)

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html) for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/3427715-post155.html) Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/).

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19)

lisa32989
10-26-2013, 07:32 AM
I like this thought from Beck Diet Solution from the other day

Food for thought to start the weekend:

October 24, 2013 - Think Thin Thursday Tip

There is a difference between what your mind finds significant and what your body finds significant. Although your mind may find it significant that everyone around you is eating something (so it’s feels okay to eat extra, too), or that it’s a special occasion, or that you’re feeling upset, your body doesn't know or care and processes all calories the same.

sarita75
10-26-2013, 07:36 AM
Good morning from Philly! Layover en route to Wilmington NC and I am excited to see my family in a few hours. Just a little sleepy although I slept the 5 hours over to PA.

Happy weekend all!

sonolady
10-26-2013, 07:59 AM
Good morning all! Sending out IP POWER The weekend here! Geesh it seemed like a long week, tough work one, lots of not nice stuff happened. Glad to have some decompression time, I try to leave all the "sad" stuff at work or pieces of it along the drive home, but I just cant always do that. Lots of yard work this weekend and window washing too.

Lisa Are you going to tonights game? I'll check the score a few times but thats about it for me. It's too bad about the Eagles concert, especially after all that money.

Sarita Ohh enjoy that visit! I don't know if I could live that far from family. 2 hours away is tough enough for me.

CrystalWolf
10-26-2013, 08:41 AM
Good morning all!

Sarita, safe travel thoughts for you and I can't wait to hear about your family's reaction!

Sonolady love the purple IP power always.

nolasmurf
10-26-2013, 08:53 AM
Good Morning all! Rough night for me. Sweetie went out will friends until 1:30am so that kept me up. Then my carpal tunnel has been flaring up. It's been pretty bad, so that was uncomfortable all night. I'm trying to manage the pain w OTC meds rather than the flexiril. I've made an appt with a new doctor and pt so we'll see.

Tonight's our big Halloween bash at friends. I'm the DD so this should keep me OP!

healthytobe
10-26-2013, 08:55 AM
Well you guys seem to all know each other! Newbie here, hope I get acquainted with some of yall soon! WTG on all of you guys weight losses! Amazing! Can someone tell me how to subscribe to a thread? Oh me I am going to my son's football game and then my daughters soccer tournament. Now I have to go to grocery and try to attempt some type of cleaning at my house! lol, the life of a working mom :)

healthytobe
10-26-2013, 08:58 AM
Hi NG. sorry about your ct that sucks! have you tried wearing night splints? I am a PT. Any advise I can give let me know :)

1LittleStar
10-26-2013, 09:10 AM
Good morning everyone,

Cold and windy here. Feels like the beginning of winter instead of fall! Just in time for trick or treating!

Welcome Healthytobe! I'm not sure how to subscribe to a thread, I just return as often as I can, read the updates, and post!

sonolady
10-26-2013, 09:10 AM
Sonolady love the purple IP power always.

Thanks! I think all of us need a power reminding daily.

Tuscany123
10-26-2013, 09:12 AM
Now I have to go to grocery and try to attempt some type of cleaning at my house! lol, the life of a working mom :)
Ain't that the truth!! I make a soup with 6 or 7 kinds of veggies every weekend and eat it all week for one of my daily 2 cup servings. I'm out of coffee, and stuff for the kids lunches. Need to take the car in early this morning for a service then 2 kids with 2 soccer games at different times. Then fix up Haloween costumes for my kids this evening. My kids are 9 and 5 and they have never seen the original Star Wars (1977) movie, so I'm going to find it on blue ray and we will have a Family Movie Night tonight!!! They'll eat popcorn but I'll find a yummy IP friendly snack to munch on. Have a lovely IP day everyone!!

sonolady
10-26-2013, 09:12 AM
healthytobe Welcome, I just check in daily. Its a great support forum!

lisa32989
10-26-2013, 09:25 AM
Lisa Are you going to tonights game? I'll check the score a few times but thats about it for me. It's too bad about the Eagles concert, especially after all that money.
We are going tomorrow nite.
I don't think the warm weather gear I got will be warm enough tho...
Today I'm going out to find red gloves, too.
I'll probably have to wear my winter jacket over my new Cardinal gear.
Isn't baseball supposed to be a SUMMER game???

Today is also our last Farmers market so I'll be prepping veggies and making yogurt (p3-4). I was supposed to go to a college football game & tailgate but that trip was cancelled due to an illness. Our alumni club teams up with one from Chicago for this trip. The bar owner that was catering the tailgate has emergency surgery.

Next weekend is a road trip for another college football game at my "home" campus. Cold weather gear is expected for football! Even tho I'm not p1, I'm still advance planning for that tailgate. I still want veggies & I've learned so do many other people, when given the choice,

Tuscany123
10-26-2013, 09:31 AM
Isn't baseball supposed to be a SUMMER game???
I thought so then remembered they call the World Series "The FALL Classic" so maybe it's supposed to be cold! Remember one year when Toronto was in the World Series? What must that have been like LOL!!!

kcdoe
10-26-2013, 09:32 AM
Well you guys seem to all know each other! Newbie here, hope I get acquainted with some of yall soon! WTG on all of you guys weight losses! Amazing! Can someone tell me how to subscribe to a thread? Oh me I am going to my son's football game and then my daughters soccer tournament. Now I have to go to grocery and try to attempt some type of cleaning at my house! lol, the life of a working mom :)

Welcome healthytobe!!!!! Yes these guys all know each other they are great folks and ive quickly learned alot from them even though I mostly lurk reading, I've gotten bolder posting lately ;) !!! I just joined in about end of August. happy IP lifestyle to you it's an awesome plan ;) I love it!!!! :carrot:
:welcome3:

Good morning all!! My hubby invited me to a bull roast next weekend it's a charity event for his work. I asked him to please invite my son who is his sports, cooking and drinking buddy ;) he thought I should go but disappointingly asked my son!! I'm not being mean but I can't drink or eat the food and I'm being a bit selfish it's with his work folks and one of my dangling carrots has been to lose 50 lbs before his work Christmas Galla which is a big event! Last year I went in a dress I hated at my fatest weight ever and I was miserable! I danced my butt off and pretended i wasnt uncomfortable in my own skin but not this year.. I'm determined to buy an awesome dress this year and show off my new figure :) And feel proud and great!! I'm not ready to see them now!! Ok wearing my heart on my sleeve a bit with this info ;) started to delete it but I'm sure you guys would understand !!!

Off to make an IP omelet !!! Happy weekend to all!!!!!!

65X65
10-26-2013, 09:38 AM
Good morning from Philly! Layover en route to Wilmington NC and I am excited to see my family in a few hours. Just a little sleepy although I slept the 5 hours over to PA.

Happy weekend all!

I should/could have driven to the airport for a cup of coffee with you Sarita!
Hope you have a great time and that it's a bit warmer than Philly is this AM in NC! Can't wait to hear the family reactions to the new slimmer you!

65X65
10-26-2013, 09:42 AM
Great screen name and wishes for a successful journey to your new life!

Lots of us here...at various stages of this trip and we've been through it all individually and together. There is not much someone on here can't support you with! Hang with us...we are glad to have you!

nolasmurf
10-26-2013, 09:45 AM
Hi NG. sorry about your ct that sucks! have you tried wearing night splints? I am a PT. Any advise I can give let me know :)

Hi and welcome! I just bought some iMAk gloves and that seemed to help for sleep. I'm trying to get in the habit of laying my arm/hand flat on the. Bed or propped on. Y body pillow. It's tough I'm a tummy sleeper and usually curl my hands under my head.
Would you recommend any type of exercises? I try squeezing a ratchet ball to keep my hand limber

65X65
10-26-2013, 09:47 AM
Welcome healthytobe!!!!! Yes these guys all know each other they are great folks and ive quickly learned alot from them even though I mostly lurk reading, I've gotten bolder posting lately ;) !!! I just joined in about end of August. happy IP lifestyle to you it's an awesome plan ;) I love it!!!! :carrot:
:welcome3:

Good morning all!! My hubby invited me to a bull roast next weekend it's a charity event for his work. I asked him to please invite my son who is his sports, cooking and drinking buddy ;) he thought I should go but disappointingly asked my son!! I'm not being mean but I can't drink or eat the food and I'm being a bit selfish it's with his work folks and one of my dangling carrots has been to lose 50 lbs before his work Christmas Galla which is a big event! Last year I went in a dress I hated at my fatest weight ever and I was miserable! I danced my butt off and pretended i wasnt uncomfortable in my own skin but not this year.. I'm determined to buy an awesome dress this year and show off my new figure :) And feel proud and great!! I'm not ready to see them now!! Ok wearing my heart on my sleeve a bit with this info ;) started to delete it but I'm sure you guys would understand !!!

Off to make an IP omelet !!! Happy weekend to all!!!!!!

Yes... we get it better than most anyone else.
You have a great goal and we cheer you in being focused and applaud you not getting derailed. :hug::hug:As a shopping fanatic...I say start looking at holiday clothes now! If you buy anything, leave tags on ...and keep original bags etc for returns! It happens...sometimes, you will LOVE it...and OH MY...it will be too big when you go to wear it.

The best feeling EVER! (Then return it and buy 2 more. Same drill.)

Princess Peacock
10-26-2013, 09:47 AM
We finally have a tiny bit of a chill in the air. I was in the mood for something "fall-ish" for breakfast. I made a pumpkin spice shake using my butterscotch pudding packet made with cold coffee and pumpkin pie spice, with ice in the blender. I've made it before, but I seemed to enjoy it much more this morning. Fall is in the air - finally!

44forever
10-26-2013, 10:03 AM
Hi everyone. I have been researching the forums for IP Alternatives for 4 days now and thanks to everyone, I have found loads of great info. I would love to go with the Protidiet but we can't order it from Canada.

I spent a small 9 weeks on the IP plan over a year ago and lost 28 lbs and 38 inches. It was incredible! I was into a size 14 and feeling great! So great that I thought I was somehow immune to gaining weight but it all came back within 6 months.

Fast forward to a year and a half later and I am up 15 lbs from my start weight back then and not feeling good about myself. I am better than this. I work out everyday at the gym but I also eat my face off.

I tried a couple of times to lose weight since then with no avail but I am ready to start up again and the IP plan is just too easy not to go with.

My daughter is going to try it too. She may only have about 10 lbs to lose but she has severe exzema on her hands and most of the IP products are gluten free. She is a hairdresser so her hands are always wet which doesn't help.

Anyway, enough chat. Be all end all...I am ready to start again. Just have to pick the product and get it delivered. I checked the natural food stores in our area and I think I have found a supplement shake to use while I wait for the IP products to arrive. My start day will be 1 November....wish me luck!!

CrystalWolf
10-26-2013, 10:51 AM
Welcome healthytobe and 44forever! This is an excellent place for support and knowledge.

Kcdoe what a great incentive!

PurpleMomster
10-26-2013, 11:31 AM
Good Morning all! Rough night for me. Sweetie went out will friends until 1:30am so that kept me up. Then my carpal tunnel has been flaring up. It's been pretty bad, so that was uncomfortable all night. I'm trying to manage the pain w OTC meds rather than the flexiril. I've made an appt with a new doctor and pt so we'll see.

Tonight's our big Halloween bash at friends. I'm the DD so this should keep me OP!

I feel your pain - I had surgery for carpal tunnel in 2005 and the symptoms are pretty much all back now (I knew that would happen though - the only way they wouldn't was if I quit my job). I continue to do PT - ultrasound and acupuncture really help for me.

Oh yes, between hockey practices and now games, it's a busy weekend :) Nothing on for us today (amazing!) but my sister wants to go for a pedicure and some shopping.

Hello all! Sorry I haven't been around, it's been a tough week. Work has been really difficult and my sister got some not so great health news so I've been a little down. Stayed 100% OP but just feeling a little beat up. I'm feeling better today after a good sleep though.

Went to the doctor for my annual checkup yesterday and she's very pleased with the weight loss - yay! My blood work came out fine but my thyroid is out of whack. It was before after my son was born but I stopped taking the medication for it years ago. She recommended for me to start again and I agreed to try it for a while.

A question for Lisa and others who are taking or who have taken the thyroid medication - did it have an affect on your weight loss while on IP? I'm on a roll now, really don't want anything to mess with that.

Anyway, should go put the chicken in the crockpot for supper tonight - yum! Happy Saturday to everyone!

Jo

kcdoe
10-26-2013, 12:20 PM
You have a great goal and we cheer you in being focused and applaud you not getting derailed. :hug::hug:As a shopping fanatic...I say start looking at holiday clothes now! If you buy anything, leave tags on ...and keep original bags etc for returns! It happens...sometimes, you will LOVE it...and OH MY...it will be too big when you go to wear it.

Thank you 65 how sweet of you!!!! I love love your shopping advise. I am going shopping on November 16th with friends and had wanted to at least try on some dresses but I thought it a waste of time considering it's a month before the Galla. My friends tell me to buy something snug but who knows how the weight will go and from what part of my body it will so how can you buy something snug ?? With this thought I can buy a couple and take the ones back. I need someone like you for shopping I am not one that loves shopping :no: perhaps when I hit goal that will change!!

lisa32989
10-26-2013, 12:26 PM
A question for Lisa and others who are taking or who have taken the thyroid medication - did it have an affect on your weight loss while on IP? I'm on a roll now, really don't want anything to mess with that.

If your throid isn't functioning normally meds should help because thyroid functioning affects metabolism. For myself, I did not have elevated TSH prior to IP so I pretty much blame the diet for the change in my thyroid status.

After doing some more reading I found out that very low carb/fat diets can affect thyroid functioning temporarily in most people (for me it was longer term). Make sure your doctor keeps a close eye on that thyroid functioning with frequent blood testing.

Since soy and gluten are also tough on thyroid I stopped both of those as well. Actually, they are both hard on many body processes.

My next phase is to get my thyroid back to optimal functioning again and then drop my weight to 145, perhaps with IP, perhaps with a higher fat LC plan. To be determined. If I go back on P1, it won't be for more than 6 weeks at a stretch due to effects on my thyroid.

kcdoe
10-26-2013, 12:26 PM
Welcome healthytobe and 44forever! This is an excellent place for support and knowledge.

Kcdoe what a great incentive!

Thank you CrystalWolf, it has really really kept me focused. I have my family Christmas Party also and many of my family I haven't seen prior to losing weight. I haven't told many people I'm doing this. No posts on facebook, nothing so I'm also looking forward to seeing their faces. Funny I saw my brother the other day and I hadn't seen him since I started. At the time I was 30 lbs down and all he said was "you look nice" he didn't know why I looked nice or different funny I thought his jaw would drop and they would be amazed at my transformation. But they NEVER react the way I think so perhaps they will not this time either. Oh well it keeps me on target and is my carrot LOL :carrot:

ALSO CAN ANYONE TELL ME HOW TO RESPOND TO MULTIPLE QUOTES WITHIN ONE COMMENT?

lisa32989
10-26-2013, 12:32 PM
The clothing topic has returned! I've been doing a lot of closet cleaning as I've been getting dressed this week. It seems a lot of things are becoming too big. There have been a lot of quick wardrobe changes as I've put on outfits and discovered items that are too big (cute stuff, too! Last year I was just getting rid of my fat clothes. This is different)

I just know that scale is going to cooperate one of these days since I'm dropping inches. In the meantime I'll just keep my workouts going, continue eating the IP way and doing the right thing for my body. It will figure out someday that it isn't starving and can let go of more fat & water stores.

I'd really like to coax those 2 lbs off...

Thank you 65 how sweet of you!!!! I love love your shopping advise. I am going shopping on November 16th with friends and had wanted to at least try on some dresses but I thought it a waste of time considering it's a month before the Galla. My friends tell me to buy something snug but who knows how the weight will go and from what part of my body it will so how can you buy something snug ?? With this thought I can buy a couple and take the ones back. I need someone like you for shopping I am not one that loves shopping :no: perhaps when I hit goal that will change!!

I bought two dresses for a wedding I was attending. That way I was able to take one back. I just didn't wear either one of them. They both had the original tags. I wore the SMALLER ONE to the wedding. The one below was purchased last-minute for a different wedding.

lighthouse101
10-26-2013, 12:42 PM
Thank you CrystalWolf, it has really really kept me focused. I have my family Christmas Party also and many of my family I haven't seen prior to losing weight. I haven't told many people I'm doing this. No posts on facebook, nothing so I'm also looking forward to seeing their faces. Funny I saw my brother the other day and I hadn't seen him since I started. At the time I was 30 lbs down and all he said was "you look nice" he didn't know why I looked nice or different funny I thought his jaw would drop and they would be amazed at my transformation. But they NEVER react the way I think so perhaps they will not this time either. Oh well it keeps me on target and is my carrot LOL :carrot:

It's interesting just how much weight it takes for some people to notice a difference. People around me are just starting to notice and comment on the change - after 25 pounds! Maybe because I seem to be shrinking all over little by little - there hasn't been a dramatic change in one area or anything. And some people probably just aren't that observant! Anyway, you know how great you're doing and feeling after losing all that weight! I hope you get some really nice reactions at your Christmas party!

ReenHag
10-26-2013, 02:14 PM

I LOVE this advice! 65, your comments really made me smile. Cannot wait to go shopping when I hit my goal. I know I have the personality to be a "Shop-till-I-Drop" type person, so gotta keep an eye on those price tags!

Be all end all...I am ready to start again. Just have to pick the product and get it delivered. I checked the natural food stores in our area and I think I have found a supplement shake to use while I wait for the IP products to arrive. My start day will be 1 November....wish me luck!!

Good luck! You can do it, and you deserve success.

I sure hope your work situation improves for you in the coming week.

I have been taking thyroid meds for years, prior to ever hearing about IP. Low thyroid function can actually cause weight gain, so I was hoping to lose some when my meds were balanced; that really didn't happen. However, I have had some good losses since starting IP, so I would say that my low thyroid function and my meds probably have not had negative effects on the program.

kcdoe
10-26-2013, 03:37 PM
The clothing topic has returned! I've been doing a lot of closet cleaning as I've been getting dressed this week. It seems a lot of things are becoming too big. There have been a lot of quick wardrobe changes as I've put on outfits and discovered items that are too big (cute stuff, too! Last year I was just getting rid of my fat clothes. This is different)

I just know that scale is going to cooperate one of these days since I'm dropping inches. In the meantime I'll just keep my workouts going, continue eating the IP way and doing the right thing for my body. It will figure out someday that it isn't starving and can let go of more fat & water stores.

I'd really like to coax those 2 lbs off...

I bought two dresses for a wedding I was attending. That way I was able to take one back. I just didn't wear either one of them. They both had the original tags. I wore the SMALLER ONE to the wedding. The one below was purchased last-minute for a different wedding.

Lisa that is a beautiful dress and looks amazing showing your hour glass figure !!
Congrats. I've been wearing exercise stretch paints (look kinda like dress paints so ok for the office, of various sizes and have only ventured into some new blouses no longer plus yeahhhh !!! So buying a dress is going to be scary if that makes sense! I know how I want it to look but I'm afraid my brain won't be ready ;( if that makes sense we shall see!! I will definitely go with the double dress idea !! Thank you !!

kcdoe
10-26-2013, 03:46 PM
It's interesting just how much weight it takes for some people to notice a difference. People around me are just starting to notice and comment on the change - after 25 pounds! Maybe because I seem to be shrinking all over little by little - there hasn't been a dramatic change in one area or anything. And some people probably just aren't that observant! Anyway, you know how great you're doing and feeling after losing all that weight! I hope you get some really nice reactions at your Christmas party!

Light house thank you I think that's it they just are not observant I guess I could think positive and say wow he must not have noticed how big I had become lol.

As for the Christmas party perhaps I'll work up the nerve to post a pic but I will definitely let everyone know how it goes thanks for well wishes!! :hug:

65X65
10-26-2013, 03:54 PM
Light house thank you I think that's it they just are not observant I guess I could think positive and say wow he must not have noticed how big I had become lol.

As for the Christmas party perhaps I'll work up the nerve to post a pic but I will definitely let everyone know how it goes thanks for well wishes!! :hug:

I think sometimes SOME people are not sure if we have lost something or not.....having 70 lbs to lose.....for me was a lot. Initially people do not want to embarrass someone by making a comment if it's off base...20-25 lbs really is not that much. It takes a lot to lose it...but think about how slowly sizes change, esp in the beginning. Now 7-8 lbs is a size for me...early on...the sizes were not changing fast enough ...Yes, it seemed like 20 lbs should have made a BIG difference and truth was...it did not.

Actually....I was/still am more comfortable with the no comment...than the question "How much did you lose...?" I didn't do this for anyone else and NOT having that discussion is still much more to my liking. Once the topic is raised...I prefer to change it quickly, but that is just me and I know.... I am paranoid on that issue!

kcdoe
10-26-2013, 04:27 PM
Yeah 65 I could see that side for example at the Christmas gala I do not particularly want to tell them that I lost !! Lbs having to admit I lhad that mush to lose. I do not suspect those people seeing me once a year will remember, although i know my honey has been sharing with the few hes close to. My only expectation is to feel great and perhaps if it's not asking to much at 50 to get some appreciative male glances he he oh and I'm not showing my honey the dress until I'm dressed and walk down the stairs!! Now him I want to knock off his socks!!! Yes he loves me either way and I'm a lucky one he's told me I'm a beautiful woman when I couldn't imagine why at 251 lbs so this is totally for me!! I want him to see it when I'm feeling it!!! It's been a long time since that has been the case!! I'm getting there ;)

65X65
10-26-2013, 04:51 PM
Yeah 65 I could see that side for example at the Christmas gala I do not particularly want to tell them that I lost !! Lbs having to admit I lhad that mush to lose. I do not suspect those people seeing me once a year will remember, although i know my honey has been sharing with the few hes close to. My only expectation is to feel great and perhaps if it's not asking to much at 50 to get some appreciative male glances he he oh and I'm not showing my honey the dress until I'm dressed and walk down the stairs!! Now him I want to knock off his socks!!! Yes he loves me either way and I'm a lucky one he's told me I'm a beautiful woman when I couldn't imagine why at 251 lbs so this is totally for me!! I want him to see it when I'm feeling it!!! It's been a long time since that has been the case!! I'm getting there ;)
Yea for you on all the above! :carrot::carrot:

It is nice when your spouse appreciates the way you look...and yes they/love loved us in our extra stuff...but I can tell my DH enjoys the looks I get...(and he is one of the lookers!) He reinforces daily he likes how I look. Also- I told him no complaining about the visa bill ...keeping my wardrobe in tip top shape helps ensure my staying at this weight...or lower.

IdealProteinNewbie
10-26-2013, 05:46 PM
Happy Saturday!

Found some chocolate/banana and chocolate/coconut teas at the dollar store this afternoon...helping right now because I'm definitely having a "hungry" day today!

Deana509
10-26-2013, 06:22 PM
Baked cupcakes for an event for the first time since I started IP.... Luckily I had a good friend letting me use his apartment kitchen, and he did all the test tasting for me.... He made me give him 12 of the cupcakes (I wonder if they were actually good or not... I'm so use to trying to first one to make sure it tasted good) He liked them, so I guess I can only hope the rest of the batches were ok....

Annik
10-26-2013, 06:24 PM
We finally have a tiny bit of a chill in the air. I was in the mood for something "fall-ish" for breakfast. I made a pumpkin spice shake using my butterscotch pudding packet made with cold coffee and pumpkin pie spice, with ice in the blender. I've made it before, but I seemed to enjoy it much more this morning. Fall is in the air - finally!

o my ... this does sound good! can't wait to try it! :hug:

And a shout to Sarita: echoing Crystalwolf here -- can't wait to hear you describe your family's response to the new you!

And to healthytobe: great to have you on board!

It is a wonderful journey!

Annik

Princess Peacock
10-26-2013, 06:43 PM
Happy Saturday!

Found some chocolate/banana and chocolate/coconut teas at the dollar store this afternoon...helping right now because I'm definitely having a "hungry" day today!

These teas sound very interesting! I will have to look for these. Would you mind telling me which dollar store? Or maybe a brand to look for?
Thanks in advance!

IdealProteinNewbie
10-26-2013, 07:08 PM
These teas sound very interesting! I will have to look for these. Would you mind telling me which dollar store? Or maybe a brand to look for?
Thanks in advance!

Sure! Don't know where you are, but we have Dollar Tree's in my area. The brand is Tea of Life.

Princess Peacock
10-26-2013, 07:19 PM
Sure! Don't know where you are, but we have Dollar Tree's in my area. The brand is Tea of Life.

Dollar Tree is right down the street! I may have to take a short drive in a few minutes. Thanks!!

kcdoe
10-26-2013, 07:50 PM
Yea for you on all the above! :carrot::carrot:

It is nice when your spouse appreciates the way you look...and yes they/love loved us in our extra stuff...but I can tell my DH enjoys the looks I get...(and he is one of the lookers!) He reinforces daily he likes how I look. Also- I told him no complaining about the visa bill ...keeping my wardrobe in tip top shape helps ensure my staying at this weight...or lower.

Thank you!! Your DH sounds wonderful!!! LOVE THE VISA BILL COMMENT LOL LOL LOL :dancer:to funny just to funny ;) ;)

lighthouse101
10-26-2013, 08:31 PM
Just finished having some yummy vegetarian unrestricted sushi! Barely even noticed I was eating cauliflower instead of rice.

kcdoe
10-26-2013, 08:45 PM
Just finished having some yummy vegetarian unrestricted sushi! Barely even noticed I was eating cauliflower instead of rice.

How do you make the cauliflowe rice stick together enough to make Sushi I wasn't successful ?

lighthouse101
10-26-2013, 09:09 PM
How do you make the cauliflowe rice stick together enough to make Sushi I wasn't successful ?

I mixed it with a couple of tsp of apple cider vinegar, tsp olive oil, a pinch of salt, and a packet of truvia and then pop it in the mircowave for 2-3 minutes. I think it's the oil that makes it sticky.

IdealProteinNewbie
10-26-2013, 09:20 PM
Dollar Tree is right down the street! I may have to take a short drive in a few minutes. Thanks!!

Let me know if you find anything good!

IdealProteinNewbie
10-26-2013, 09:33 PM
Lisa: Have fun tomorrow! I'm sure your food plan is already firmly in place!

sarahBell
10-26-2013, 09:56 PM
Hello my lovely IPers!!!

Today was a mixed day for me. Ok first Thursday and Friday I was 100%% except 1 or 2 non intentional slip ups. so for that I give myself a :carrot:

Today we went to Iowa to see my parents to help them map out the best plan to help them get their plans ready to rebuild in spring, the ins. company is getting a 2nd opinion on the amount they are going to get for the house (please pray and positive thoughts for this I beg of you ladies :^::^: )

We got there around 12:45 or so. Sat and talked to mom and dad, reviewed policies, home loans. ect. and it was almost 3 by the time we went to eat. Now mind you I had a RTD chocolate shake for breakfast and that was it. So there are a few dozen places to eat and we HAD to eat where oldest DS wanted to eat and that freakin pizza hut!!!!! He refuses to eat anything else anywhere else. He will not veggies, fruit, seafood and he does NOT have allergies!!!! They had a sad sad looking salad bar. There was NOTHING I could really eat with out going off plan :(

I ate what I could. I was so starved I had the shakes, 2 plates of lettuce with what ever meager toppings. I was so Off plan today!!!!!

Then we left and any food there after came from a drive through :( :( :(

I am so sick and sad over this. I want to be 100% from now on. But today sucked.

stephascope
10-26-2013, 10:07 PM
Don't beat yourself up! It is just one day. Shoot for 100% tomorrow :)

Hello my lovely IPers!!!

Today was a mixed day for me. Ok first Thursday and Friday I was 100%% except 1 or 2 non intentional slip ups. so for that I give myself a :carrot:

Today we went to Iowa to see my parents to help them map out the best plan to help them get their plans ready to rebuild in spring, the ins. company is getting a 2nd opinion on the amount they are going to get for the house (please pray and positive thoughts for this I beg of you ladies :^::^: )

We got there around 12:45 or so. Sat and talked to mom and dad, reviewed policies, home loans. ect. and it was almost 3 by the time we went to eat. Now mind you I had a RTD chocolate shake for breakfast and that was it. So there are a few dozen places to eat and we HAD to eat where oldest DS wanted to eat and that freakin pizza hut!!!!! He refuses to eat anything else anywhere else. He will not veggies, fruit, seafood and he does NOT have allergies!!!! They had a sad sad looking salad bar. There was NOTHING I could really eat with out going off plan :(

I ate what I could. I was so starved I had the shakes, 2 plates of lettuce with what ever meager toppings. I was so Off plan today!!!!!

I am so sick and sad over this. I want to be 100% from now on. But today sucked.

Annik
10-26-2013, 10:10 PM
Hello my lovely IPers!!!

discern what you can learn from this, pick yourself up, dust yourself off and keep going!

it ain't over 'til the fat lady sings! (I don't know what that means but it always sounds good!)

Annik
10-26-2013, 10:12 PM
I just looked it up:

'The phrase is generally understood to be referencing the stereotypically overweight sopranos of Grand Opera. The imagery of Richard Wagner's opera cycle Der Ring des Nibelungen and its last part, Götterdämmerung, is typically the one used in depictions accompanying reference to the phrase. The "fat lady" is the valkyrie Brünnhilde, who is traditionally presented as a very buxom lady with horned helmet, spear and round shield (although Brünnhilde in fact wears a winged helmet[citation needed]). Her aria lasts almost twenty minutes and leads directly to the end of the opera, though the character Hagen has one final line, "Zurück vom Ring!", to sing after Brünnhilde's death, and there is also a substantial orchestral finale.[1] As Götterdämmerung is about the end of the world (or at least the world of the Norse gods), in a very significant way "it is [all] over when the fat lady sings."'

brelo
10-26-2013, 10:37 PM
had roasted asparagus and zucchini and yellow crook neck squash for dinner tonight. While they were in the oven, I was of course reading on the Ideal Protein forum. Then my kitty decided to snuggle up on my lap and he was so cozy with his tummy showing and his leg draped over his eyes that I didn't have the heart to disturb him! The timer went off on the oven and I was in a dilemma! I let him sleep for another little while and finally I thought I gotta go check my veggies!! They were a little browned but oh were they good! Spoiled kitty anyway. He is back on my lap so I might be here reading awhile. Read through 23 pages of the alternatives thread as I decided to switch. Ideal Protein was definitely worth every penny, but now that I have the blue print of the diet down, I feel much more confident going forward solo.

Slipfree
10-26-2013, 11:24 PM
Hi all!

Had a great night celebrating my brother's 50th Birthday. Stayed completely OP.
Took some razzing for drinking herbal tea, but it was worth it. My SIL (and bf. since 16) kept my veggies and salad separate. Her support meant the world to me. Grateful for a good day.

SaraBell- Hope tomorrow is a better day.

Brelo- very lucky cat :)

KookySuki
10-26-2013, 11:25 PM
Hi everyone, I'm new to IP and this forum. I will have completed my first full week of IP on Monday. This week has been tough, but I'm optimistic. I'm looking forward to using this forum for support and ideas to keep the food choices interesting. Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Roni Lee
10-27-2013, 02:35 AM
I have been looking for a word document of the many terrific recipes. This way I could edit for the ones I frequently use and organize into categories. I could cut and paste these to a word document but thought I would check to see if anyone has already done this. Thank you

Princess Peacock
10-27-2013, 07:23 AM
I woke up with the crud - cough, cold, and the beginnings of a sore throat. I will forego my morning coffee for a nice cup of peppermint tea (sweetened with my Sugar-Free Torani Peppermint syrup). I realize it won't cure anything, but it sure makes everything feel better.
Thank goodness for a supply of IP soups. I have a stash put away because I don't normally eat the soups, but for today they sound very appetizing. May even have the chicken noodle for breakfast later.
Have a good Sunday everyone. I'm climbing into the recliner!

lisa32989
10-27-2013, 07:41 AM
I woke up with the crud - cough, cold, and the beginnings of a sore throat. I will forego my morning coffee for a nice cup of peppermint tea (sweetened with my Sugar-Free Torani Peppermint syrup). I realize it won't cure anything, but it sure makes everything feel better.
Thank goodness for a supply of IP soups. I have a stash put away because I don't normally eat the soups, but for today they sound very appetizing. May even have the chicken noodle for breakfast later.
Have a good Sunday everyone. I'm climbing into the recliner!
Make some chicken soup! It's the cure-all!
I throw a whole chicken in my crockpot until it is cooked then skin & debone

Skin in the trash, carcass in a pot to make bone broth (it is SOOOO good for you!)
Chop select veggies (I use celery, leeks, mushrooms, bok choy). Into the crockpot with broth. When tender, chop the meat & add. Season & eat.

I've had a low-grade cold for a couple of weeks and been eating chicken soup to combat.

When I feel really crappy, I start with a rotisserie chicken to cut down on prep time

I have been looking for a word document of the many terrific recipes. This way I could edit for the ones I frequently use and organize into categories. I could cut and paste these to a word document but thought I would check to see if anyone has already done this. Thank you
Since I've been here, this project has been started by several different people. I've never seen a product.

sonolady
10-27-2013, 08:02 AM
Lisa I see your team won, Congrats!! DH bet double or nothing on the game last night, he took your team. LOL He follows sports even less than I.... we went to our usual Sat night restaurant/bar, DH had a bet from the last game of the game putting the Sox into the WS. I'm not sure how long he will let it ride for, we don't even buy lottery tickets. lol...

Princess Peacock
10-27-2013, 08:11 AM
Make some chicken soup! It's the cure-all!
I throw a whole chicken in my crockpot until it is cooked then skin & debone

Skin in the trash, carcass in a pot to make bone broth (it is SOOOO good for you!)
Chop select veggies (I use celery, leeks, mushrooms, bok choy). Into the crockpot with broth. When tender, chop the meat & add. Season & eat.

I've had a low-grade cold for a couple of weeks and been eating chicken soup to combat.

When I feel really crappy, I start with a rotisserie chicken to cut down on prep time.
This sounds like a great idea for dinner tonight. Thanks Lisa. I will definitely be going the rotisserie route. Whatever it takes to power through!

lisa32989
10-27-2013, 08:22 AM
princess PeacockI'm in the habit of making from scratch b/c so many additives give me migraines. Now I just think homemade is healthier so I find the easiest way to do it.

Lisa I see your team won, Congrats!! DH bet double or nothing on the game last night, he took your team. LOL He follows sports even less than I.... we went to our usual Sat night restaurant/bar, DH had a bet from the last game of the game putting the Sox into the WS. I'm not sure how long he will let it ride for, we don't even buy lottery tickets. lol...

Weird ending. I prefer games that are decided "outright", rather than by officials, whether my team wins or loses. They're very hard to swallow when I've been on the other end of calls like that at the end of a game.

Tonite we bundle up and head to the ballpark.

sonolady
10-27-2013, 09:09 AM
Lisa I do agree with you on that ending. I just saw it for the first time. I hope you have a good game tonight! Enjoy!!

shrinkingsusie
10-27-2013, 09:24 AM
Good morning Ipeeps!!

Two NSVs to report!!

1) Boots shopping is often a terrible and long process for me because I have such big calves it is hard to find something that fits... Well, I was able to buy the first pair of boots I tried on! This has never happened!!!! And they were only $15!

2) I decided to be brave this morning, and tried on a pair of pants that I got on my IP journey before... when I was 15 lbs lighter than I am now... They fit!! They are a little snug, but definitely wearable!! Makes me wonder what size I will be when I lose another 15 lbs!

Hope everyone enjoys the last day of their weekend!!

ReenHag
10-27-2013, 09:31 AM
Good morning Ipeeps!!

Two NSVs to report!!

1) Boots shopping is often a terrible and long process for me because I have such big calves it is hard to find something that fits... Well, I was able to buy the first pair of boots I tried on! This has never happened!!!! And they were only $15!

2) I decided to be brave this morning, and tried on a pair of pants that I got on my IP journey before... when I was 15 lbs lighter than I am now... They fit!! They are a little snug, but definitely wearable!! Makes me wonder what size I will be when I lose another 15 lbs!

Congrats! What an exciting feeling!

Smooshie76
10-27-2013, 09:37 AM
I've had a crazy month but still managed to hit my first goal of 20 pounds on Friday. I also bought leggings this week and for once didn't feel awkward wearing them out of the house! Yay! That made me feel awesome!

I tried a lot of alternative products this past month but my losses slowed and my impulse to cheat went way up. So I'm back to 100% IP products, I've been reading through the paperwork again and am excited to do a reboot - we'll not really a reboot since I've been on plan, but you know. My next goal is to lose another 10 if I can. I'm tempted to try for another 10 after that but I feel like I won't be able to... We'll see.

Oh! I threw a huge Halloween party yesterday and didn't cheat at all! Go me!

Tuscany123
10-27-2013, 12:22 PM
Good morning Ipeeps!!

Two NSVs to report!!

This is wonderful!! I too suffer from ginormous calves, and I can't wait to find some boots that fit. As far as weight versus size, I agree with you 100%, it seems so crazy that I'm wearing the size I'm in now! when I'm the weight I am. Last year at this time and at this very same weight I was in one size larger. Proof that this program preserves muscle mass, which is great since that will keep our metabolism in the higher range forever if we continue to do this properly with all the phases. Rock those boots girl, you've earned that swagger!!! :dancer:

ladybugsgrandma
10-27-2013, 12:32 PM
Hi to everyone. Newbie here. I am at the end of week 3 on IP and know that I have finally found a plan that works for me and can stick with. Thank you to all of you for helping me make the decision to do this. I spent time lurking, reading your posts and decided to try it after my endo recommended it.

What a difference 3 weeks has made! I lost 13 lb the first 2 weeks. (Not sure about this week because the batteries died in my scale! LOL)

Cleaning out the pantry of unwanted foods today, then off to buy the week's veggies....

Have a wonderful Sunday!

Debbie

jordanna
10-27-2013, 12:58 PM
Good morning Ipeeps!!

Two NSVs to report!!

:carrot: awesome awesome awesome :)

65X65
10-27-2013, 01:09 PM
Hi to everyone. Newbie here. I am at the end of week 3 on IP and know that I have finally found a plan that works for me and can stick with. Thank you to all of you for helping me make the decision to do this. I spent time lurking, reading your posts and decided to try it after my endo recommended it.

What a difference 3 weeks has made! I lost 13 lb the first 2 weeks. (Not sure about this week because the batteries died in my scale! LOL)

Cleaning out the pantry of unwanted foods today, then off to buy the week's veggies....

Have a wonderful Sunday!

Debbie

Welcome..and it sounds like you are already well on your way..positioning yourself for success!

This is a great time to look at what is in our pantry and donate to a food bank.

Our gym has had a barrel set up for collections since early fall...

65X65
10-27-2013, 01:11 PM
:carrot: awesome awesome awesome :)

New boots on the first go.......AND smaller pants...!! What a victory!!Yay for you!

Deana509
10-27-2013, 01:37 PM
I took pictures for thei first time, since I began IP, and wow... I wore the exact same outfit that I did last time, and it was crazy to put side by side... My t-shirt was loose at my middrift, and I've definitely have a more defined chin.... Also, though its unofficial, because I'm a creature of habit, I got up to pee this morning, and without thinking, I climbed on the scale.... I was at 299! I'm not keeping my hopes up, because I know the scale can move different directions daily, but I almost screamed when I saw that number! I haven't been under 300 lbs in a while...
Congrats to everyone on their melting aways, and hope everyone has a great OP week this coming week!

emsmom97
10-27-2013, 01:59 PM
I took pictures for thei first time, since I began IP, and wow... I wore the exact same outfit that I did last time, and it was crazy to put side by side... My t-shirt was loose at my middrift, and I've definitely have a more defined chin.... Also, though its unofficial, because I'm a creature of habit, I got up to pee this morning, and without thinking, I climbed on the scale.... I was at 299! I'm not keeping my hopes up, because I know the scale can move different directions daily, but I almost screamed when I saw that number! I haven't been under 300 lbs in a while...
Congrats to everyone on their melting aways, and hope everyone has a great OP week this coming week!

Woo hoo! That is awesome.:bravo:

Hiker88
10-27-2013, 02:23 PM

HOW exciting!!! HUGE accomplishment... Congrats on hitting the 200's!!! YAY!!!

Annik
10-27-2013, 02:29 PM

:angel::hat::dancer::cheer2::cheer3::cheer::yay:

:congrat:

well done!

lisa32989
10-27-2013, 02:31 PM
Keep those pics...you'll want to chronicle your journey!
Mine is in my profile pic (can be viewed by clicking my name>view public profile)
And...that WI counts dearie!!! You saw the 2
Celebrate!!!
:congrat:

CrystalWolf
10-27-2013, 03:37 PM
Can't multi quote from my nook so I will try to remember what I read.
Welcome to our new folks!
Woo hoo on the boots NSV shrinkingsusie, I hear you on the calves thing. Lots of NSVs to celebrate this weekend.
Deanna I am so I happy for you! Celebrate that Beautiful 2#! :dizzy::carrot:

I have a little NSV too, today I overheard my hubby on the phone telling one of his older family members how proud he was of me and how great he thought I looked. He doesn't say much so it was really nice to hear it.

sarahBell
10-27-2013, 03:45 PM
Congrats to all the NSV, New BOOTs, New Awesome Pics and Losses!!!

I am so starved today since yesterday I had NO protein of veggies other than that sad lettuce at pizza hut :(

CrystalWolf
10-27-2013, 03:52 PM
Forgot to send you will power dust sarahbell, I know it is tough today, take it an hour at a time and eat some extra protein if you need it.

MelissaKate73
10-27-2013, 04:01 PM
Congrats to ALL! Another great IP weekend!!!

HUGE NSV for me last night. Went to one of my best friends' daughter's wedding and managed to stay completely OP. I stared really really really hard at all those different flavors of wedding cake (they had 5 different flavors!!), but I managed to not pick up any of them. I also managed to resist all the yummy southern and Cajun foods that everyone else was eating. I drank my IP drink before we went in and ate my most favorite peanut butter crunch IP bar when we left. This was my first big "test" on IP, and it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. The next obstacle is much bigger......I'm going on a cruise out of New Orleans for 5 days, and I plan to stay 100% OP. I'm working on making a travel bag like Rainbow made now.

Hope everyone enjoys the rest of your Sunday!

sarahBell
10-27-2013, 04:08 PM
Forgot to send you will power dust sarahbell, I know it is tough today, take it an hour at a time and eat some extra protein if you need it.

Thank you so much/ I Need it !! I am so starved my tummy is grumbling,. I had a whole 1/4 c of veggies yesterday and NO protein at all, it was not cool .There was no way in heck I was going to eat sandwich from McDs. no way, we don't eat from places like that. So I was famished the entire trip. And I did pack veggies BUT everyone helped eat them on the way there so that is where I got 1/4 from :(

Oh well you live and learn I guess. BUT I did see my mom and dad, plus they are going to spend a few days up here for thanksgiving. we are going to do it in the next few weeks. Mom works for target and she is super busy after thanksgiving so we are going to do it early :)

shrinkingsusie
10-27-2013, 06:02 PM
I got up to pee this morning, and without thinking, I climbed on the scale.... I was at 299! I'm not keeping my hopes up, because I know the scale can move different directions daily, but I almost screamed when I saw that number! I haven't been under 300 lbs in a while...

Woo hoo!! That is awesome!!! Congrats!!

IdealProteinNewbie
10-27-2013, 07:09 PM
PrincessPeacock: Hope you're feeling better!

sarahBell
10-27-2013, 07:18 PM

WOoo HOOO I would have done a freaking cartwheel over that if I were you , congrats!!!! :carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot:

ladybugsgrandma
10-27-2013, 07:31 PM
Welcome..and it sounds like you are already well on your way..positioning yourself for success!

This is a great time to look at what is in our pantry and donate to a food bank.

Our gym has had a barrel set up for collections since early fall...

Great idea! Thanks! I completely forgot about the food drive going on at school! I'll load up the box this week!

Zictory75
10-27-2013, 07:33 PM
Hi all! Just read through everyone's posts to get a little inspiration. Been traveling for work the last few days and not having a lot of control over my eating. I have managed to say no to all the sweets and carbs and cheese everywhere so that is a huge NSV, but getting just salad or veggies at lunch near impossible, usually all I can eat is the protein being served so trying to compensate with eating only two IP foods a day. Although working massively long days - 15/18 hours so also hungry. Anyway, tracking all the food on my fat secret and that help at least feel like I have a little control. If I can get through without a gain I figure that is a victory! Phew! Thank goodness you all are here, reading about everyone else's success makes me feel like I will be ok once I get home :)

Jojo381972
10-27-2013, 07:34 PM
Congrats to ALL! Another great IP weekend!!!

HUGE NSV for me last night. Went to one of my best friends' daughter's wedding and managed to stay completely OP. I stared really really really hard at all those different flavors of wedding cake (they had 5 different flavors!!), but I managed to not pick up any of them. I also managed to resist all the yummy southern and Cajun foods that everyone else was eating. I drank my IP drink before we went in and ate my most favorite peanut butter crunch IP bar when we left. This was my first big "test" on IP, and it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. The next obstacle is much bigger......I'm going on a cruise out of New Orleans for 5 days, and I plan to stay 100% OP. I'm working on making a travel bag like Rainbow made now.

Hope everyone enjoys the rest of your Sunday!

Good for you for keeping on plan. The cruise sounds awesome..enjoy.

This thread is motivating! Congrats to all of you on your losses and NSV`s :bravo:

I`ve been really busy with moving and finding a new job...but I have been on track and have lost 4 pounds this past week! I was on my period, but then I weighed in the day after I ended my period where I was expecting maybe a 1 to 2 pound loss, but I was very surprised!

Deana509
10-27-2013, 08:19 PM
Thanks for all of the encouragements and congratulations! You are all wonderful!
Also, Lisa, I wore the coat I got from you for the first time yesterday, and I rocked it!! I will for sure be able to wear it comfortaly by the time the first snow falls here on campus!
Thanks again!

Jenny38
10-27-2013, 08:35 PM

Way to go Deana!:):carrot:

Slipfree
10-27-2013, 09:00 PM
Hi everyone,
I just saw some great quotes on Pinterest:

" If you are tired of starting over then stop giving up."

"The few moments of happiness that soda brings is nothing like the pure joy that will come from finally being healthy and thin."

"If you are not willing to eat healthy foods, then you are not really hungry- you are craving."

sarahBell
10-27-2013, 09:08 PM
today sucked enough said:mad:

Hiker88
10-27-2013, 09:22 PM
A quick question: Does anyone get more hungry just before TOM? I haven't been hungry at all but the past couple of days have been harder... looking at the calendar, I thought it might be an explanation.

Tuscany123
10-27-2013, 10:16 PM
A quick question: Does anyone get more hungry just before TOM? I haven't been hungry at all but the past couple of days have been harder... looking at the calendar, I thought it might be an explanation.

For me most definitely. Before IP the week before TOM was my excuse for a carb free for all. And I felt worse for it too, even moodier!! On IP I do feel "hungrier", or maybe it's cravings I feel. I'm still learning the difference. The good news is I actually do better on TOM since being on IP, my moodiness is not near as bad and the brain fog I typically feel is gone. But to answer your original question, I do find myself thinking a lot more about food right before TOM.

Hiker88
10-27-2013, 10:30 PM
Thanks Tuscany!