Exercise! - Just Do It

View Full Version : Just Do It

Exhale15
10-25-2013, 09:32 PM
Anything. Just get moving. Fast/slow/gym/home/stretch/crunch/run/walk/bike/yoga/pilates/weights
Whatever.
Every Day.
Something.
Anything.
Start today.
Post tomorrow.

PhillyGirl2012
10-26-2013, 12:26 AM
I'll join in!
It's been getting cold and I find myself in hibernation mode. I need to continue to build onto the 10lbs I recently lost.

Liliann
10-26-2013, 07:34 AM
I agree!!

I am a light active...Thursday...Friday...walked 30 minutes!! Plus I climb steps during the day in my home .

Happy moving all...

Exhale15
10-26-2013, 02:35 PM
Hey PhillyGirl,
I know where your 10 pounds are. I'm planning to pass them on to someone else :rofl:

Hi Liliann
Sounds like you have a good system set up. If you were to add a 3rd day, what do you think you would do?

I'm partial to this time of year. Makes me feel more energetic. This morning, I took a long walk on my shopping stops. I'm exhausted from the week, but want to spend some time with my stepper this weekend. Now for laundry...
Enjoy the day guys :wave:

PhillyGirl2012
10-26-2013, 05:00 PM
Liliann, I think we often ignore things that we do at home. I live in an apartment so no steps but believe me I get my share on laundry day as the laundry room is in the basement and I'm on the 3rd floor. I have taken to not parking in the lot to get a little walk in the morning.

Exhale, you get any goodies on your shopping trip? I hear ya about being exhausted. I struggled all week and was late just about every day to work. I'm hoping for more energy next week.

I joined another diet challenge that will start on monday and then it will be full force. I have a groupon for a bootcamp that I need to cash in by November 7 so that will surely be a kickbutt workout.

I plan to cook my protein for the week tomorrow, but today its off to the hospital to visit my aunt. I've been wanting to play my xbox so maybe I'll do that later.

alaskanlaughter
10-26-2013, 11:35 PM
this is my 14th day in a row of weight training at my gym...I usually have rest days because some days my schedule is so insanely busy that I have no time to get to the gym...somehow I've managed to get 14 days in a row where I can get to the gym...I do heavy weights on machines and I've seen a nice difference in my body

Liliann
10-27-2013, 10:47 AM
Exhale...I also have a stepper,and a personal challenge of mine to do a few minutes on that each day to build up endurance. My 3rd choice along with doing low impact aerobics. One day last week, I manage on less than a minute..My goal to aim 30 min on that stepper machine. How much do you spend with your stepper?

Philly....I live on the second floor and my disabled sister is on the 1st, I have one flight of stairs,16 steps in the hallway..Climbing stairs is an awesome ,way on a movements..Happy steppin!!

Alaskan...Wow, 14 days in a row!! Awesome!! YOU are doing great! Keep it going!

Saturday did not do my daily walk..just a few minutes climbing steps in my hallway.

Sunday...Today will be a better day, Will do plenty of walking of doing errands..I do not own a car,,..so my doing errands is mainly walking..which I love the most.

Will check in later..Happy moving day!! :)

Exhale15
10-27-2013, 04:38 PM
Hi guys ☺

PhillyGirl, I picked up some groceries Ė some nice spinach pie, and a couple of macoun apples. The apples make me think of Snow White Ė deep red on the outside, and very white on the inside. I really like them. I eat too much junk and want to change my default to reach for fruit, so I have a bunch of apples/pears/asian pears in the house. I notice over the weekend that Iím feeling more mobile, a bit lighter and I think thatís from less salt. I also picked up a nice bunch of broccoli rabe that Iím going to cook up a little later. Sounds like you are full force on Ė bootcamp :carrot: Hope your aunt feels better soon.

Alaskan Ė all I can say is you go girl!

Lilian, I havenít done much of anything lately, except commute back and forth to work and vegg out. I donít have a machine, itís a step platform - the type you can make taller with risers. I've gotten through a half hour of a basic program. I like the repetition of stepping and the fact that I have to focus to make sure I don't fall down.

My goal for this time around - and I hope forever - is to make it not a big deal to exercise and eat right, and to not connect it to my weight I want to just do it because I deserve to have fun and do stuff. Linking it to weight weirds out the process, because it's not a linear process and I don't need all the emotional overlay to get in the way.

Have a good rest of the day :wave:

Liliann
10-27-2013, 09:25 PM
Sunday...walked 60 min...

Have a good Monday all...I am keeping a log on my movements, its good on knowing end of the month I am exercsing...Every min counts!!:carrot:

Exhale15
10-27-2013, 09:38 PM
Sounds like you had a great day! Happy Monday, you too :)

PhillyGirl2012
10-27-2013, 10:26 PM
I slept in Saturday and Sunday, didn't do any laundry as a result and my priorities got switched around on account of the hospital. I did get to at least grill a bag of chicken tenders for the week. I'm hoping tomorrow will be better.

Exhale, I've never heard of macoun apples. Is the skin like a washington apple? I love asian pears though.

Lillian, rock on!

Alaskan, just...wow! Do you do cardio too?

Liliann
10-28-2013, 10:17 PM
Monday...walked 30 min!!..I could have done more, but did not sleep well and was a tad busy..I am not giving up!

Keep fitness alive!! Happy moving Tuesday ...

PhillyGirl2012
10-29-2013, 04:46 PM
I don't think of it as giving up. I just acknowledge the sidelines and adjust my plan accordingly. ;)

nlauah
10-29-2013, 05:16 PM
Hey I am in tooo.. I am in the same place as phillygirl... I lost 10 lbs.. now for the last 5 or so days its become so cold here that I am not able to get myself to do any physical exercise... I will take this up to avoid that lull and get myself moving :D

Exhale15
10-29-2013, 08:40 PM
Exhale, I've never heard of macoun apples. Is the skin like a washington apple? I love asian pears though.

I asked a guy at a local green grocer - macoun's ( rhymes with raccoons) are a cross bet McIntosh and Courtland. Looks like a more robust McIntosh.

Good for you getting food prep done!

I'm writing from my cell - better post later...

Have a good week all :)

Exhale15
10-30-2013, 03:20 PM
I don't think of it as giving up. I just acknowledge the sidelines and adjust my plan accordingly. ;)

You know, PhillyGirl, there's a lot to that. It was relatively simple for me to lose weight when I had lots of time and little stress. But now back to work is a whole different thing. There really are just so many hours in a day, and just so much energy to be had. Priorities are real, as are limitations. So what to do :shrug:

For me, I think the food has to change to plant-based, which is naturally higher fiber and nutrients and lower in calories. And I have to get out and walk at lunch time. And maybe, the goal should be 2 'fun' work outs a week instead of one a day - at least for now.....

Hope everyone's having a good day.

PhillyGirl2012
11-01-2013, 07:45 AM
Exhale, I'm with you on the healthy mindset. Did you ever notice how many food commercials run when you are watching the boob tube? I did and very rarely is it anything healthy. To add on to that there are MANY commercials for medications too and they seemed to be geared towards the 40ish crowd. This is not a good sign. We are so used to band aid therapy. I was getting acid reflux earlier this year and sought a gastro doc because of it. She ordered a battery of test, but as I rethought my approach I had to be honest and look at what I was putting in my body. I'm getting older and the stuff I used to eat is a no-no now. Making that food adjustment=acid reflux gone.

On another note....
I decided to cancel my gym membership. I hadn't gone in the past three weeks and as the weather gets cold I just don't want to go. I have also been coming up with workouts to do at home and I'm back to scouting out youtube and my huge dvd collection. For all that don't know there's a HUGE variety of workouts available on youtube. Plus I still have that groupon for bootcamp to use by November 7.

I did this stretching workout yesterday at my desk in cubicle world and it felt great. I've been watching her workouts and downloaded a few.

Mobility Warm up with Keaira LaShae (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsboThV9B60)

Ughhh....its raining cats and dogs here and I gotta get ready for work. Have a happy Friday!

Exhale15
11-01-2013, 09:44 AM
Oh yes, the commercials create a 'me too' club, filled with members with mostly lifestyle-created illness. The only thing I want to be seeing 'at our age' is more candles on the cake. (and I do expect cake, at least that day).

I am with you on the youtube and dvd exercises. And I am going to start doing the activities I like and not what I think I should like. Enough of this.

I'm back with my gym membership. I'm hoping to at least use it for the sauna to destress. Figure a shower and sauna may replace a couple hundred calories a night.

Have a wonderful weekend:hug:

Exhale15
11-02-2013, 01:57 PM
Happy weekend all :)

PhillyGirl, I love the Mobility WarmUp - thanks !

I'm having problems w/ my computer - pages are taking a long time to load. I clear my cache and my history, but still, it's funky. I hope it's not my computer! Pages load find on my cell phone....any idea what the problem might be ?

Have a great weekend all :)

PhillyGirl2012
11-02-2013, 08:54 PM
Hello everyone! I hope you're having a good weekend. I got to my laundry today and was super tired afterwards. I have family visiting today and my aunt is still in the hospital....such is life.

I discovered dailyburn! The youtube personality for that mobility workout is also on dailyburn so I though I'd check it out. There's a 30 day trial which hits me in my sweet spot. It runs on my roku which is a super bonus. Oh and I made my first flavored water today. It's good and more refreshing than I thought it would be. I used cucumber, lime and kiwi. I wanted mint, but forgot to pick it up at the market.

Exhale, do you run malwarebytes AND antivirus? My desktop computer was running crazy and there were some installed toolbars as well as a trojan making my browser take forever to process a page. I use malwarebytes (http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free/), spybot (http://www.safer-networking.org/mirrors/)and microsoft essentials (http://www.microsoft.com/security/pc-security/mse.aspx) (as my current antivirus). All of these are free and I linked to help you download if you choose to.

PhillyGirl2012
11-03-2013, 03:05 PM
Happy Sunday!

I broke my exercise slump today with a youtube workout with keaira lashae (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSxbYZMleNw) and a dvd workout-turbo jam live....yay me!!

I'm consuming the rest of my flavored water throughout the day and will make another bottle to take with me to have at work. I'm making Rachel Ray's Lentil Stew with turkey sausage and kale (http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/rachael-ray/sausage-kale-and-lentil-soup-recipe/index.html). I'm amping up the veggies though with adding a mix of different colored peppers...red-orange-yellow and a chopped leek. I'm also using a mix of turkey sausage and ground turkey. I made this before and its very filling and super yummy.

Feelin' good and I hope everyone is doing well.

PhillyGirl2012
11-08-2013, 01:03 AM
Where is everybody?

Exhale15
11-08-2013, 08:03 PM
I'm here PhillyGirl :wave: long week
ate pretty well but not much else. Will report on Sunday about wonderful gym stuff :)
Happy Friday Everyone :carrot:

Kscott
11-08-2013, 09:32 PM
It's a great start--from stairs--to walking. Just keep it up and try to increase your distance every week or so, and then do it faster.

Kscott
11-08-2013, 09:38 PM
It sounds like you're all doing great!

Exhale15
11-08-2013, 09:54 PM
It's difficult to not have an all-or-none mentality. I think it's important to eat well and move for it's own sake, and not look to the scale for approval. Because the scale doesn't know everything.

Also, I'm training myself to look to eating well and exercise/movement for instant gratification. Kinda like that saying about living well being the 'best revenge'. WhenI get that under my belt, I'll get the long-term and long-lasting health and happiness results I've been looking for 'in all the wrong places'.

Exhale15
11-10-2013, 11:53 PM
Hi. Great weekend. Spent most of today walking through the park taking photos before the colors fade. Put in a couple of miles & lots fresh air. Ate well, too.
Happy girl today :)

Exhale15
11-12-2013, 09:07 PM
Hi everyone :wave:

Wow it was cold today; and we had a flurry of snow!
Eating much better and my weight gain has turned around. Focusing on the process of eliminating harmful items from my diet. Feeling much better.

Has bootcamp started yet PhillyGirl?

PhillyGirl2012
11-16-2013, 08:44 PM
Hello everyone!

Exhale, I went just to claim my groupon so it wouldn't go to waste, but I didn't actually workout as they were closing. If I remember we are neighbors so the weather is the same. It's been cold so I haven't gone because he mentioned working outside if its not too cold. He also talked a bit about the inside temperature and if its a certain temp he will cut the heat on.

I forced myself to get some laundry done, but I have no umph today. I think I'm a bit tired. I'm making my version of chicken yat which is just noodles, gravy, chicken and a boat load of sauteed onions. I'm also watching the movie The Net.

Off to veg out.

Exhale15
11-16-2013, 08:52 PM
Good to hear from you PhillyGirl, and your recipe sounds great :)

I'm 2 for 2; yesterday went to the gym and did a bit of stuff, not much because I'm totally deconditioned. Today I forced myself to take a 'MELT' class, which uses a foam roller to release the tension/knots from the connective tissue, and de-kink the spine. It was really good and I feel like hope is in sight. We are in the same weather pattern; I find myself getting chilled easily when the weather changes (Oh, I'm sounding so fragile ;)).

Anyway, my throat has gotten really raspy sore in the past couple of hours; I hope it's a passing fad. I just had some Indian take-out, and I'm watching one of the Zeus/Thor type movies. Lots'a fantasy and monsters, and winged horses (I love winged horses) :)

Enjoy a good rest, meal, and movie :)

Hope everyone is good.

PhillyGirl2012
11-18-2013, 12:11 PM
Oh that Melt class sounds awesome. My best friend is trying to convince me to join the gym that she belongs too. The problem I have is that it's close to work, several of our coworkers go there and she will be going on lunchtime. I've done it before and it was ok, but that was a couple of years ago. Also, there aren't any classes its just equipment. Sooo, I hate to tell my bestie but I don't feel like joining there.

I'm working on a mere 4 hours of sleep :dizzy: We are having nice weather today so that's a plus. It's about 11 am here and I think I'll put on my headphones and go for a walk.

I'm trying to keep a positive mind and make it a great week.

Exhale15
11-21-2013, 02:33 PM
Home sick with a bad cold. All congested :mad:
Bummer
I think I'll be using my gym as a weekend 'spa' because I can't get there during the workweek right now.
Hope all's well :wave:

PhillyGirl2012
11-24-2013, 05:59 PM
Gym? You need to stay clear of those extra germs. I hope you feel better soon!

Today is teeth shattering cold in my area. I've been experimenting with goodies on youtube this weekend. Today I made cinnamon coffee cake and yesterday I made apple cider spiced donuts. I did walking lunges while waiting for the donuts. Does that count as exercise? Otherwise still having to make hospital visits, chauffeur and rest when I can. This weekend I am being a couch potato on purpose and just eating what I want. :D

Exhale15
11-24-2013, 06:16 PM
Yeah, it cold enough to see your breath.
Baking goodies while doing lunges sounds like perfection in multitasking !
Stay warm & enjoy.

PhillyGirl2012
12-08-2013, 09:44 PM
Hello everyone!
It's snooooowing and very, very cold. I fear the morning commute will not be fun.

On the exercise front I bought a spark tracker on sparkpeople. Because of my new toy I've been hanging out on that support site. It's a pedometer attached to your spark account. You are able to view steps instantaneously which is motivational and fun.

I've not been watching what I'm eating. Frankly, I don't feel like it. I just want to eat what I want and be merry...LOL I'm sure at some point I'll jump on the scale and won't be happy with the number but for now I don't feel I want the self imposed pressure.

I hope everyone is having a grand holiday season.

Exhale15
12-09-2013, 07:27 PM
Hi,
It is cold & getting colder. Hard to not sink into a good meal.:mad:

PhillyGirl2012
12-09-2013, 08:57 PM
Exhale, more snow tomorrow....good grief!

Exhale15
12-09-2013, 09:31 PM
Philly Girl, it's just started being ' Winter' and I'm already worn out!
But I still rather have the 4 seasons - we just have to win lotto so we can enjoy this one at home ;).

PhillyGirl2012
12-10-2013, 10:25 PM
I so wish I could win, but I can't stand losing money so I don't play....ahh, there's the rub!

I took public transportation today and the bus slide like 3 times. At the moment I was glad I didn't drive. But after work the streets were clear and I wished I had my car. When I got home I had to clean the snow off of my car so that was my workout for today.

Supposed to have something else happen on Saturday....ughhh!

Goodnight!

Exhale15
12-10-2013, 10:41 PM
The trains were a mess today, although I'm not sure that it was all weather- realted. It's just too cold and too dark coming and going.

Does shivering count as exercise?

Hope tomorrow' s better.
good night :)

PhillyGirl2012
12-24-2013, 09:02 PM
I haven't been on the boards in a bit. I wish everyone a happy holiday!