Ideal Protein Diet - IP Daily Chat Friday 10/25/2013

View Full Version : IP Daily Chat Friday 10/25/2013

lisa32989
10-25-2013, 07:41 AM
:welcome2:
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/243142-have-question-about-ip-read-here-first-before-posting-question.html): Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
(http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-exercise-other-important-threads.html)and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/4701599-post49.html)

NOTE: Attached files in stickies (and elsewhere) have been nonfunctional for the past few weeks. Admin are a aware of the problem & it has been reported to tech support. Links to Googledocs have been added for protocol sheets until technical issues are resolved

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/221536-real-cost-cheating-ideal-protein.html)

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/261885-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow.html)
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/268669-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow-volumn-2-a.html)
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/212175-fun-ideal-protein-packets.html)
Fun with Veggie Purees! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/264231-fun-veggie-purees.html)
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/273856-ideal-protein-diet-recipes-4-a.html)
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/270950-ideal-protein-tips-recipes-incredible-weight-loss-center.html)

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html) for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/3427715-post155.html) Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/).

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19)

dana135
10-25-2013, 07:44 AM
Good morning everyone!
I still can't believe I met my weight loss goal. For anyone new on IP, stick to it, don't cheat, pass on alcohol for now, and you'll get there before you know it! I used to be a big wine drinker, now my go - to drink is a decaf coffee with some (low carb) half n half. IP really will change your life for the better!:hug:

:?:My question for some of you is: where can I get some chicken patties?! My coach said they are discontinued and I bought all of hers. I checked ebay. Any other ideas? Is there a packet swap place, or any other ideas?:?:

Thanks so much and have a great day!

lisa32989
10-25-2013, 07:45 AM
:yawn:
Late but fun nite

Good morning everyone!

Sonyasbug
10-25-2013, 07:57 AM
Good morning Lisa. How was the show?

lisa32989
10-25-2013, 08:06 AM
Good morning Lisa. How was the show?

Oddly, a little slow the first couple hours. They were trying to recreate the "History of the Eagles" live. It was better on HBO (Showtime?). Too much talk & too many slow songs strung together. The last hour was fantastic but I left feeling like I wanted a refund of 2/3 of the $$$$ ticket price.

Cards tied up the World Series. I think there were louder cheers for announcements of the score than for their set list.

And I had my first fun meal. I could have cared less about it. Happy about that.

Tuscany123
10-25-2013, 08:28 AM
Lisa really great game last night, I was thinking of you while I watched!! I'm also an Eagles fan and have seen them in concert twice.

Just stepped on the scale although my "official" weigh in is tomorrow (I am following the program on my own, no coach) and I am officially out of the 180's, hurray!!!!

Wishing everyone a fabulous day

Delgen
10-25-2013, 08:39 AM
Started back on my IP Journey yesterday, and made it through! Yay! First 4 days are so difficult.
Does anyone have opinions about QUEST bars?

lisa32989
10-25-2013, 09:04 AM
Hi Delgen
Love Quest bars! (They might be too good:?:)
Info here http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/276378-quest-bar-alternative.html

Docsaver
10-25-2013, 09:07 AM
Good morning Peeps! TGIF :carrot:

NSV today when I put on my size 12 jeans and zipped them up. They feel snug but I could definitely wear them if I wanted at this point and know they will feel more comfortable in a week or too.

I'm pretty sure TOM is coming soon and feel pretty sluggish especially at night. Sure could use a boost of energy.

Last night I made a quiche that was VERY yummy. This is the first time (on IP) I've made eggs for dinner. It had zucchini, mushrooms, spinach, garlic, and IP salt. I put hot sauce on it for a kick.

Hope everyone has a great day. Reading here daily really keeps me motivated. I'm in week 5 and have my weigh in today. I'm so close to the 150's I can taste it. LOL I'm just not having much luck updating my ticker because it asks for a pin that I can't remember. I may have to do a new one.

Delgen
10-25-2013, 09:31 AM
Hi Delgen
Love Quest bars! (They might be too good:?:)
Info here http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/276378-quest-bar-alternative.html

Thank you! Very helpful!!!

sarahBell
10-25-2013, 09:33 AM
Good Morning Lovlies!

Ok first yesterday I was 100% (BUT I caught myself two times almost tasting something I could not have!!) so today I am down only .2 lbs. this week I have been a little stressed out but that is going to change I hope with a call from my dad today ( I hope hope hope for good news today).

But I am shooting for another 100% OP day again!

lilkel244
10-25-2013, 09:39 AM
Hi all! I have been traveling for the last few days, but I managed to stay OP! I was so happy. I was at college fairs (I work for a university) and it is so hard as the high schools give you sandwiches, cookies, soda and other treats but I said no. I was sure to bring my favorite IP snack (the orange wafer bar). I weighed myself today and I weigh 182.4. At 182 in my clinic (clinic scale is usually about 2 lbs more than me) I get my first mini goal prize! I am hopeful for Monday that I will be there! On a NSV note I bought a shirt in a size medium (I was an XL at first and normally a L now) but it was so exciting! I am finally starting to feel slimmer!

nolasmurf
10-25-2013, 09:42 AM
Happy Friday! Up early with a cappuccino/spinach shake. I only have one more IP packet of the cappuccino left and I think I might miss it. Anyone tried the proti thin version?

One day of work then sat/sun off. We'll be attending our friends annual Halloween bash, so excited to wear my costume . I'm dressing up as Abby from NCIS and my skirt is pretty small! :D

Hope everyone has a good day!

sarahBell
10-25-2013, 09:48 AM
Hi all! I have been traveling for the last few days, but I managed to stay OP! I was so happy. I was at college fairs (I work for a university) and it is so hard as the high schools give you sandwiches, cookies, soda and other treats but I said no. I was sure to bring my favorite IP snack (the orange wafer bar). I weighed myself today and I weigh 182.4. At 182 in my clinic (clinic scale is usually about 2 lbs more than me) I get my first mini goal prize! I am hopeful for Monday that I will be there! On a NSV note I bought a shirt in a size medium (I was an XL at first and normally a L now) but it was so exciting! I am finally starting to feel slimmer!

Congrats On not eating all the non IP stuff! I cannot wait for a size that does not have an X or two in from of it!

shrinkingsusie
10-25-2013, 09:51 AM
Good morning IPeeps!!

Happy to report that I had my BP taken yesterday and it was 118/82. Pre-IP I was always a bit high, so I felt pretty good about that yesterday!!

CrystalWolf
10-25-2013, 09:52 AM
Good morning everyone!
I still can't believe I met my weight loss goal. For anyone new on IP, stick to it, don't cheat, pass on alcohol for now, and you'll get there before you know it! I used to be a big wine drinker, now my go - to drink is a decaf coffee with some (low carb) half n half. IP really will change your life for the better!:hug:
Congrats Dana135! Woo hoo!

Oddly, a little slow the first couple hours. They were trying to recreate the "History of the Eagles" live. It was better on HBO (Showtime?). Too much talk & too many slow songs strung together. The last hour was fantastic but I left feeling like I wanted a refund of 2/3 of the $$$$ ticket price.
I guess at least it ended well!

Just stepped on the scale although my "official" weigh in is tomorrow (I am following the program on my own, no coach) and I am officially out of the 180's, hurray!!!!
Congrats Tuscany!!!!

Ok first yesterday I was 100% (BUT I caught myself two times almost tasting something I could not have!!) so today I am down only .2 lbs. this week I have been a little stressed out but that is going to change I hope with a call from my dad today ( I hope hope hope for good news today).

But I am shooting for another 100% OP day again! One day at a time! Way to go on yesterday and sending will power vibes for today.

Hi all! I have been traveling for the last few days, but I managed to stay OP! ... On a NSV note I bought a shirt in a size medium (I was an XL at first and normally a L now) but it was so exciting! I am finally starting to feel slimmer!
Congrats on both the travel NSV and the clothing NSV!!

We'll be attending our friends annual Halloween bash, so excited to wear my costume . I'm dressing up as Abby from NCIS and my skirt is pretty small! :D
Love love love Abs. Would love to see a picture of the costume if you want to share!

Happy FRIDAY all!

Deana509
10-25-2013, 10:10 AM
I am SOOOO Close to being under 300 lbs!!!

WI this morning was 301.4, down 5.6 lbs from last week!

sarahBell
10-25-2013, 10:36 AM

Deana that is so wonderful!!!! Congrats on the huge losses! Also kudos to you for keeping 100% OP. I hope to get to tht point this week and onwards!
I bet you will need new clothes every week or other week at the rate you are going!!!

:hug: Kudos to you!

staceyjblack
10-25-2013, 11:07 AM
Last night I made a quiche that was VERY yummy. This is the first time (on IP) I've made eggs for dinner. It had zucchini, mushrooms, spinach, garlic, and IP salt. I put hot sauce on it for a kick.
I would LOVE this recipe if you have it written down! I've been craving quiche hahaha.

Happy Friday! Up early with a cappuccino/spinach shake. I only have one more IP packet of the cappuccino left and I think I might miss it. Anyone tried the proti thin version?

I just ordered a sample of the syntrax cappucino latte. It comes today. I'll let you know how it is.

CONGRATS!

SuzieV
10-25-2013, 11:16 AM

You are doing such an awesome job, especially being at college. I have a kid in school and healthy eating is VERY challenging. Keep up the great work!!

Deana509
10-25-2013, 11:25 AM
Deana that is so wonderful!!!! Congrats on the huge losses! Also kudos to you for keeping 100% OP. I hope to get to tht point this week and onwards!
I bet you will need new clothes every week or other week at the rate you are going!!!

:hug: Kudos to you!

Thanks!
My clothes are looser, yes, but unfortunately, as the pounds melt away, the inches havent moved too much... But I'm hopeful that they will start moving soon! :hug:

You are doing such an awesome job, especially being at college. I have a kid in school and healthy eating is VERY challenging. Keep up the great work!!

It has been a challenge for sure, but I have a lot to lose (pun intended) if I don't straighten out my life and become more healthy, and I have some very important people I don't want to disappoint (Number Uno being myself)....
I have always said I enjoy a good challenge, and this has been a big one, for sure!
Thank you for your support!! :hug:

SuzieV
10-25-2013, 11:25 AM
I would LOVE this recipe if you have it written down! I've been craving quiche hahaha.

I make quiche every week - doing alts and don't eat meat. I make it in a pyrex pie plate and bake it for about 45-1hr. I cook up a variety of veggies (onions, mushrooms, spinach, peppers, etc.) with a little EVOO, S & P. In a large bowl, add 4 whole eggs, 4 egg whites & 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk and S&P. Whisk well. Add veggies & mix. Pour into sprayed pie plate. If I have fresh tomatoes, I slice them on top. Cooking time depends on how large your quiche ends up. I bake until it browns a little on top and is firm in the middle. A serving is a quarter of a pie. With a salad, makes a very filling meal.

Strongisthenewskinny
10-25-2013, 11:28 AM
I was looking at the Unjury proteind cheese sauce, and after searching the forums it appears to be phase 1 compliant, but what can i use it on? Can i use it with a IP packet (like the rotini)? Or do I just use it with veggies since its already 21g of protein??

per 1 scoop
Calories- 140
calories from fat- 30
total fat 3.5
saturated fat 1g
carbs- 6g
sugars- 2g
protein- 21g

Strongisthenewskinny
10-25-2013, 11:32 AM
Oh!! And also when i met with my coach on Monday, she told me theres a new IP unrestricted chip she just ordered, has anyone tried them??

sarita75
10-25-2013, 11:34 AM
Good morning everyone! So sleepy over here in SF. Hopefully it means I will sleep on my flight tonight!

Good morning everyone! I still can't believe I met my weight loss goal. Congrats!!!!!

Late but fun nite Glad it was fun and hope you are feeling better today!

Started back on my IP Journey yesterday, and made it through! Welcome back!!!

NSV today when I put on my size 12 jeans and zipped them up. They feel snug but I could definitely wear them if I wanted at this point and know they will feel more comfortable in a week or too. Great job!!!

Happy to report that I had my BP taken yesterday and it was 118/82. Pre-IP I was always a bit high, so I felt pretty good about that yesterday!! This made me really happy to read! Congrats to you! 118 is a nice number!!

Congrats!!!! Awesome job, Deana!

And to all those not mentioned, congrats!! So many congrats this morning!

emsmom97
10-25-2013, 11:35 AM
Good morning all! Hope you are having an Ideal Friday. HUGE NSV for me last night....book club was at my house. We had a taco bar and there was tons of wine (of course...a whole group of ladies discussing a book, so there must be wine). Anyways....I stayed 100% on plan. Drank nothing but water and ate the lettuce, ground turkey and some tomato! That is a major victory for me. Even my hubby said he was really impressed with my will power. Who knew I had it in me? Now I just have to hope the scale is nice to me this week.

sarita75
10-25-2013, 12:08 PM
Good morning all! Hope you are having an Ideal Friday. HUGE NSV for me last night....book club was at my house. We had a taco bar and there was tons of wine (of course...a whole group of ladies discussing a book, so there must be wine). Anyways....I stayed 100% on plan. Drank nothing but water and ate the lettuce, ground turkey and some tomato! That is a major victory for me. Even my hubby said he was really impressed with my will power. Who knew I had it in me? Now I just have to hope the scale is nice to me this week.

Awesome job! That's hard although your dinner kind of sounds delicious!

emsmom97
10-25-2013, 12:20 PM
Awesome job! That's hard although your dinner kind of sounds delicious!

It was quite yummy! And while it was very difficult not to eat or drink anything not OP, the hardest part was feeling as if everyone was judging me. I know they weren't, but the "fat girl" still feels like everyone is watching me. At least now I can do this!!!

MntRose
10-25-2013, 12:50 PM
I have a question if anyone has any experience with S.A.D. while doing this program, If so I could really use a pm. Every year I seem to 'forget' about this until it totally knocks me off my feet.

It's been a really hard week my son and his fiance moved out on Tuesday and she just turned it into a huge drama feast and that just triggered things that I didn't realize what the heck happened until last night. So back to square one, day one.

It's also hard because I have gotten three comments about how small I am now and I must be crazy for wanting to be lower. So since I had not 'set' final goal I am trying to figure out if this is where I want to stay and hold the line.

So all in all I feel a tad jealous of the few people I saw that were able to take a planned break and return with no problems, as that is sure not my experience. I hope everyone has a great OP day and many :hug: to all of us who need it for what ever reason.

oh and about the unjury cheese sauce, I tried it and for me it was terrible. Yes you could use it on the rotini packet but then you have to split it into two servings. I suggest you just use it on your veggies. roast some broccoli and cauliflower or make zucchini 'noodles'

Bella73123
10-25-2013, 12:55 PM
Today I am hungry! I am reminding myself constantly of the amazing results I had last week in an effort to keep myself OP. It will be TOM soon, and its gotten cold and I think those two things are contributing to my desire to eat!

Posted from 3fatchicks.com App for Android

iwannabe140
10-25-2013, 01:14 PM
I So Want To Cheat Today...help

Deana509
10-25-2013, 01:24 PM

Don't do it! You are strong! Drink a hot beverage, such as some warm tea, or try an extra packet if you are hungry (better than cheating yourself!) Maybe try the chocolate drink warmed up in the microwave (delicious!)

Keep your belly full of water or hot tea, and you'll do great!!

dak1lls
10-25-2013, 01:32 PM

I know this is such an overwhelming feeling...especially in the beginning. You can do this! If you cheat it sets up an endless cycle of cravings that can be hard to stop. The momentary satisfaction of a bite of something you shouldn't have is soooo not worth it. That satisfaction is very short lived. Hang in there! Sending you lots of positive vibes!!!! :dust:

emsmom97
10-25-2013, 01:48 PM

You can resist the temptation...trust me. And when you do, you will feel so much better about yourself and what you can do. Don't give in. You are worth it!

GettinHealthyNow
10-25-2013, 01:50 PM
Hello all - it's been a very busy couple of weeks at work so I haven't been on these boards as much as usual. Things continue to go well, 100% OP although the past two days I've started feeling a bit dizzy, particularly first thing in the morning before my breakfast drink.

Had a very irritating moment yesterday - I forgot to bring my shaker to work, so even though I did have my soup packet, I just couldn't face mixing the powder in a cardboard coffee cup. So decided to go down to the company cafeteria, which I've avoided like the plague for the past 6 weeks and have an egg white omelet instead (3 egg white + 1 whole egg = a packet). The nosy (and nasty) cafeteria clerk noticed that I had lost weight, and felt she had to comment on it...."how much?" And then decided she needed to put her two cents in (very publically, with a number of people around) about how there was no way I'd be able to keep it off, etc. etc. Very irritating. Why do people feel they need to comment like that??? I just said "we'll see" and quickly left.

No more omelets for me! Can't stand that woman.

lighthouse101
10-25-2013, 01:56 PM
Good morning IPeeps!!

Happy to report that I had my BP taken yesterday and it was 118/82. Pre-IP I was always a bit high, so I felt pretty good about that yesterday!!

Congrats! It seems a lot of diet related focus is on the scale and size and all, but it is awesome that we get so many other healthy benefits from losing weight!

emsmom97
10-25-2013, 01:58 PM
Hello all - it's been a very busy couple of weeks at work so I haven't been on these boards as much as usual. Things continue to go well, 100% OP although the past two days I've started feeling a bit dizzy, particularly first thing in the morning before my breakfast drink.

Had a very irritating moment yesterday - I forgot to bring my shaker to work, so even though I did have my soup packet, I just couldn't face mixing the powder in a cardboard coffee cup. So decided to go down to the company cafeteria, which I've avoided like the plague for the past 6 weeks and have an egg white omelet instead (3 egg white + 1 whole egg = a packet). The nosy (and nasty) cafeteria clerk noticed that I had lost weight, and felt she had to comment on it...."how much?" And then decided she needed to put her two cents in (very publically, with a number of people around) about how there was no way I'd be able to keep it off, etc. etc. Very irritating. Why do people feel they need to comment like that??? I just said "we'll see" and quickly left.

One word as to why people comment like that...JEALOUSY! They can't face their own reality and are jealous of yours. Keep up the great job and you will maintain it! Super proud of you.

sarahBell
10-25-2013, 02:08 PM
Ok so far so good, 100% today and I am DYING of sugar withdrawl and starved. I am making my lunch now, I think I am going to add in an oz of lean steak into my lunch to help get me through the afternoon.

ARGH!!!!!!!!!

dak1lls
10-25-2013, 02:18 PM
Ok so far so good, 100% today and I am DYING of sugar withdrawl and starved. I am making my lunch now, I think I am going to add in an oz of lean steak into my lunch to help get me through the afternoon.

ARGH!!!!!!!!!

I think a little extra protein can be very helpful. Hope it helps. :hug:

sarahBell
10-25-2013, 02:30 PM
I think a little extra protein can be very helpful. Hope it helps. :hug:

I swear I could half a side of beef right now I am so starved!

iwannabe140
10-25-2013, 02:34 PM
I didn't cheat! My coaches office is just down the block from work so went in there and got a bar! I usually save my restricted for night but figured I needed it now or I would eat the Halloween candy that is floating around here..baby steps

sarahBell
10-25-2013, 02:36 PM
I didn't cheat! My coaches office is just down the block from work so went in there and got a bar! I usually save my restricted for night but figured I needed it now or I would eat the Halloween candy that is floating around here..baby steps

I am SO right there with you sister!!! There is Moose tracks Ice cream in the freezer............so I made myself a WF mocha coffee!!! That seems to kick the craving and I sip during the afternoon to help fight off the sugar demons. But I still could eat side of beef at this moment!:dizzy:

iwannabe140
10-25-2013, 02:46 PM
I keep chanting in my head..it is not a sprint it is a maraton..over and over lol

sarahBell
10-25-2013, 02:48 PM
I keep chanting in my head..it is not a sprint it is a maraton..over and over lol

LOL I should try that1

Annik
10-25-2013, 03:09 PM

Deana,

Fantastic! Congratulations!

I also weighed in this morning. Down another 3.5 pounds... and also getting close to being under 200 pounds. So pleased about this 'looming' milestone!

I haven't been under 200 for a loooooooooooooong time!

keep going! we'll get there together!

Annik!

Annik
10-25-2013, 03:24 PM
Thanks!
My clothes are looser, yes, but unfortunately, as the pounds melt away, the inches havent moved too much... But I'm hopeful that they will start moving soon! :hug::hug:

The inches will start moving. My experience has been that in some weeks I lose more pounds and don't lose any inches; in other weeks it is inches and no pounds; in other weeks it is inches plus pounds; in other weeks it is no pounds and 1 single millimetre!

This morning I did a quick calculation of inches lost since the end of June (when I started keeping track on my own at home. I have been on IP since mid May.)

I have lost in total more than one yard! ie, more than 1 foot from my waist! more than 1 foot from my bust! and almost a foot from my hips! My arms have gotten a whole lot slimmer (i now have little wings under my arms which I actually love for what they symbolise... victory!) and my thighs are considerably thinner, too.

The inches will start moving for you and once they do, IP sends them packing!

I see that you respect the programme. You can therefore count on it doing the work for you!

Annik

Annik
10-25-2013, 03:28 PM
Here are my 'May 17, 2013' and October 21, 2013 (most recent) photographs showing the shrinkage!

65X65
10-25-2013, 03:36 PM
Here are my 'May 17, 2013' and October 21, 2013 (most recent) photographs showing the shrinkage!

GreatJob! You look wonderful! congrats!

Deana509
10-25-2013, 03:39 PM
Annik - You look great!!! Thank you for all the encouraging words and support! I really appreciate it!
I cannot wait until we can both say we have reached those milestones in our progresses! I haven't been under 300 lbs (except when I was hospitalized and lost a crap ton of weight in a week) since I was a Sophomore/Jr in high school! It will be nice to never be 300 lbs again!

65X65
10-25-2013, 03:45 PM

Good reason to just tell people who REALLY DON'T MATTER..."I've just been watching what I eat " ...and never ever feel you owe anyone "the NUMBER" .... just because they had the nerve (and bad manners) to ask. Would you tell someone how much your last raise was? Or what your Credit card bill was? And would they even ask that???

Smile and look shocked she would ask such a rude thing.....and say.."Really ...you want to know that? That makes me uncomfortable...I really don't share that" ...And grin and move away!

She won't re-tell that encounter...and those who overheard it will think less of her and more of you for being put on the spot and having a polite but assertive comeback. It's no ones business unless you want it to be. And once you are coerced into telling someone you realy did not want to share it with you can bet your bloomers it will probably get repeated...with out your presence!

GettinHealthyNow
10-25-2013, 03:52 PM
Good reason to just tell people who REALLY DON'T MATTER..."I've just been watching what I eat " ...and never ever feel you owe anyone "the NUMBER" .... just because they had the nerve (and bad manners) to ask. Would you tell someone how much your last raise was? Or what your Credit card bill was? And would they even ask that???

Smile and look shocked she would ask such a rude thing.....and say.."Really ...you want to know that? That makes me uncomfortable...I really don't share that" ...And grin and move away!

She won't re-tell that encounter...and those who overheard it will think less of her and more of you for being put on the spot and having a polite but assertive comeback. It's no ones business unless you want it to be. And once you are coerced into telling someone you realy did not want to share it with you can bet your bloomers it will probably get repeated...with out your presence!

Thanks! Yes, I totally agree. When she asked "how much have you lost?" I certainly didn't answer her. It just baffles me how some people feel they can be so intrusive!

bimnd113
10-25-2013, 04:32 PM
Oh!! And also when i met with my coach on Monday, she told me theres a new IP unrestricted chip she just ordered, has anyone tried them??

Yes, but I'm treating them as restricted, they are 140 calories, 4.5 grams of fat and 5 net carbs. They are pretty good, and filling....but not good enough to replace Southwest Cheese curls for me. They will make excellent croutons and breading in recipes.

Annik
10-25-2013, 05:09 PM
croutons... never thought of that! what a good idea!

IdealProteinNewbie
10-25-2013, 05:11 PM
Annik: You look GREAT!

Deana: Keep it up!

65X65
10-25-2013, 05:15 PM
Thanks! Yes, I totally agree. When she asked "how much have you lost?" I certainly didn't answer her. It just baffles me how some people feel they can be so intrusive!

GOOD FOR YOU!!!:hug:

For some reason...this issue always gets my hackles up!!! It stuns me... and I feel sorry for anyone who does not have the YKW to put it to rest! Glad you were not backed into a corner...and I totally understand how angry :mad:this made you!!

MelissaKate73
10-25-2013, 05:41 PM

FANTASTIC, Deana! You are doing awesome!

It's a garlic and herb chip. I actually like them, but they are VERY garlicky! I dip them in a little bit of tomato salsa and count that as my restricted for the day. I wish they would come out with one with less garlic.

Yes, but I'm treating them as restricted, they are 140 calories, 4.5 grams of fat and 5 net carbs. They are pretty good, and filling....but not good enough to replace Southwest Cheese curls for me. They will make excellent croutons and breading in recipes.

Using them as croutons and/or breading is a GREAT idea! I hope some of our creative foodie people here will come up with some recipes for breading things. This southern girl misses her fried foods and will happily settle for some breaded stuff instead!!!

Doing well here. Had my 3rd WI Monday and lost 2 pounds. I'm still 100% OP, but it's been harder this week for some reason. I seem to think about the "bad" foods a lot more. But I just power through those moments and they pass. I hope everyone has a great weekend! :)

sonolady
10-25-2013, 06:39 PM
Hello everyone TGIF!

Wooo hooo! Some great losses, congrats!!!!!!!! And big NSV's too!!!

I found a decaf tea a few weeks ago that makes a great dessert. Red Rose
Cinnamon Struesel , its soooo good black with a bit of stevia. Its my nightly treat, it might help some get over the hungry bumps.

IdealProteinNewbie
10-25-2013, 07:44 PM
Anybody hear from FloridaSunshine, AmberJules or DebraS lately?

sarahBell
10-25-2013, 07:46 PM
I realized today once my brain and stomach synch up when I am eating. the hunger or I need to over eat signal stops **DUH!!** talk abt the lightbulb going off finally, more like a spotlight

IdealProteinNewbie
10-25-2013, 07:52 PM
I realized today once my brain and stomach synch up when I am eating. the hunger or I need to over eat signal stops **DUH!!** talk abt the lightbulb going off finally, more like a spotlight

Awesome! They say it takes 20 minutes for your brain to realize you're not hungry anymore so eating slowly is the way to go.

kelseys928
10-25-2013, 07:55 PM
got new work pants last night (2 sizes smaller!!) and wore them today and a lot of people noticed i had lost weight! while its flattering now that they all know I'm dieting there is extra pressure ahh, will use that for motivation!

In other news I am ADDICTED to turnip fries..on my sheet for p1 it says we can have turnips but they taste too good can we really have them as many times in the week we want? TOM is here this week so I'm already treading water for WI this week

ReenHag
10-25-2013, 08:04 PM
Had my birthday dinner tonight since hubby had to work last night. He made steak, scallops, and made turnip chips. Yum!

sarahBell
10-25-2013, 08:05 PM
Awesome! They say it takes 20 minutes for your brain to realize you're not hungry anymore so eating slowly is the way to go.

I was so famished earlier BUT I stopped eating for abt 30 mins and I was not hungry after that :dizzy:

lighthouse101
10-25-2013, 08:27 PM
Doing well here. Had my 3rd WI Monday and lost 2 pounds. I'm still 100% OP, but it's been harder this week for some reason. I seem to think about the "bad" foods a lot more. But I just power through those moments and they pass. I hope everyone has a great weekend! :)

Good for you for powering through! I had some of those moments a few weeks into the program. I just completed my 10th week and the cravings still pop up from time to time. I think some of it is really just that it's taking me a really long time to break free of those old habits and patterns of thinking - like, "Oh it's been a bad day, what I wouldn't give for a big old (insert junk food here)!" Sometimes what helps me is to really think it through and think about how I'd really feel if I ate those "bad" foods. Would it really help me feel better? No way! The moments do pass, as you said - stick with it!

CrystalWolf
10-25-2013, 08:45 PM
Annik, great job, looking wonderful!

sarahBell
10-25-2013, 09:04 PM
got new work pants last night (2 sizes smaller!!) and wore them today and a lot of people noticed i had lost weight! while its flattering now that they all know I'm dieting there is extra pressure ahh, will use that for motivation!

In other news I am ADDICTED to turnip fries..on my sheet for p1 it says we can have turnips but they taste too good can we really have them as many times in the week we want? TOM is here this week so I'm already treading water for WI this week

Very cool on the pants!!! That must be the best feeling in the world :)

I have not made turnip fries yet. I tried the rutabaga fries and those were not so epic :p. Oh well i'll keep on trying :)

sarahBell
10-25-2013, 09:19 PM

You look amazing!!!!

kkids
10-25-2013, 09:25 PM
I'm so excited for everyone with losses this week! Great job!

My NSV this week was when our K granddad was working with some of my kiddos & he said I was losing too much weight :) I thanked him.

Then I moved to the nervous nelly state - I took my 16 year old to the DMV for his license! Yes, he passed & now we have to decide when his first short solo drive will be. Have a great weekend - it's chilly in south Alabama & I'm loving it. Found Wuv's vegetable soup recipe...I'll have to make it tomorrow.

MelissaKate73
10-25-2013, 09:33 PM

Can I ask how you prepare your turnip fries? What seasoning (if any) do you like? I tried them once, and I think my expectations were too high. French fries are my most favorite-est food ever, and these are not LIKE french fries, though they did look like them. I did like the turnip ones better than the rutabaga ones. I also bought a jicama today and will try to turn those into "fries" this weekend.

I did make the Big Mac in a Bowl tonight, and it was delicious!!! :carrot:

sarahBell
10-25-2013, 09:44 PM
Can I ask how you prepare your turnip fries? What seasoning (if any) do you like? I tried them once, and I think my expectations were too high. French fries are my most favorite-est food ever, and these are not LIKE french fries, though they did look like them. I did like the turnip ones better than the rutabaga ones. I also bought a jicama today and will try to turn those into "fries" this weekend.

Good Luck on the jicama fries. They need to be thin and the taste is so so for me anyways. I would love to know the turnip seasonings too!!

kelseys928
10-25-2013, 09:47 PM

I preheat the oven to 450 then line a baking sheet with tin foil. after i line the cut turnips on it i sprinkle a tiny bit of olive oil, garlic powder, brown pepper, and some ideal salt. after about 10-15 mins i turn them over and let them cook for an additional 10-15. take them out, dip them in some hot mustard and trick my brain into thinking I'm having some fast food!

iwannabe140
10-25-2013, 11:43 PM
Good Luck on the jicama fries. They need to be thin and the taste is so so for me anyways. I would love to know the turnip seasonings too!!

what does jicama taste like? I tried rutabaga fries and hated them lol