Ideal Protein Diet - IP Daily Chat Wednesday 10/23/2013

lisa32989
10-23-2013, 06:44 AM
:welcome2:
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/243142-have-question-about-ip-read-here-first-before-posting-question.html): Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
(http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-exercise-other-important-threads.html)and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/4701599-post49.html)

NOTE: Attached files in stickies (and elsewhere) have been nonfunctional for the past few weeks. Admin are a aware of the problem & it has been reported to tech support. Links to Googledocs have been added for protocol sheets until technical issues are resolved

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/221536-real-cost-cheating-ideal-protein.html)

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/261885-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow.html)
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/268669-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow-volumn-2-a.html)
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/212175-fun-ideal-protein-packets.html)
Fun with Veggie Purees! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/264231-fun-veggie-purees.html)
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/273856-ideal-protein-diet-recipes-4-a.html)
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/270950-ideal-protein-tips-recipes-incredible-weight-loss-center.html)

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html) for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/3427715-post155.html) Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/).

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19)

sonolady
10-23-2013, 07:09 AM
Good morning all!!!! Wishing you all a super fabulous Hump Day!!!!
Sending IP POWER

I've been busy the last few days and dealing with headaches , season and weather I think?

sekc14
10-23-2013, 07:59 AM
Good morning, IPeeps! It's a great day because I've been OP 4 days and the hunger pangs didn't get the best of me. I'm back in the saddle again, yay!

lisa32989
10-23-2013, 08:08 AM
This is yesterday's daily thought from Beck Diet Solution

October 22, 2013 - Tuesday Reality Check

If you find yourself trying to rationalize eating something, “It’s okay because I’ll just have a little; I won’t eat anything later; I had a small lunch, etc.” consider using that as a cue to NOT eat. Remind yourself, “Once the situation has passed, I won’t be sorry I didn't eat it.”

theEguarantee
10-23-2013, 08:47 AM
Another loss on the scale today!!! Good luck to everyone & keep up the incredible work!!!

KareVT
10-23-2013, 08:50 AM
Good morning all!!!! Wishing you all a super fabulous Hump Day!!!!
Sending IP POWER

I've been busy the last few days and dealing with headaches , season and weather I think?

IP POWER back atcha, sonolady! That's such a bummer about the headaches, I'm sorry. I'm sure you're staying hydrated which is why you mentioned season/weather. Allergies are brutal, I didn't realize they go all year round. Hoping you find some relief soon. Take care! :getwell:

Good morning, IPeeps! It's a great day because I've been OP 4 days and the hunger pangs didn't get the best of me. I'm back in the saddle again, yay!

sekc14 - it IS a great day and so happy for you that you've been going strong for 4 days OP - it's amazing how the hunger pangs subside but you just need to muscle through that first week and it seems like you are making it proudly over the hump - nice job! Have a good day:) :woohoo:

If you find yourself trying to rationalize eating something, “It’s okay because I’ll just have a little; I won’t eat anything later; I had a small lunch, etc.” consider using that as a cue to NOT eat. Remind yourself, “Once the situation has passed, I won’t be sorry I didn't eat it.”

Lisa - oh my gosh; you've nailed it! I think I've used every one of those rational thoughts at one point or another; great advice and awesome entry - food for thought for sure (pun intended). If confronting a food challenge, we need to remind ourselves to take deep breaths and move on and know we're in good hands with IP. On that note, challenges are all around us, every day and they'll never go away but if we role play and anticipate how we are going to react when the challenge presents itself then we'll be stronger at the moment. Thanks for bringing this to my attention, Lisa. As we get closer to Halloween, the office (300+ people) has candy and parties every where I turn. I'll keep what you said in mind, especially the bit about "I won't be sorry I didn't eat it!" OMmm :yoga:

Okay my lovely fellow IP'ers, hoping the Swoosh Fairy visits all of us this week - let's commit to staying focused on the plan and our bodies will do the rest (eventually)..

:dust: :dust: :dust:

vachinyc
10-23-2013, 09:00 AM
Good morning all

That is a great quote Lisa. I think I may need to get that Beck book.

I'm having an odd week. Clinic added Enzymes to my protocol. My hope is to phase off my gerd meds one day though it has been a lifelong issue. Anyway, I feel wonky, weight is staying more static, and having the big C. The latter is odd since that's part of what the Enzymes should help with. (I already take Calm and colonRX every day)

Has anyone else taken the Enzymes? Had any issues?

I'm sticking with them because I figure I need to give it a week to see... Just a little concerned. Plus I feel like I'm taking a million pills - regular IP ones on the sheet, colon RX, Enzymes, detox pak(6 pills) and Omegas.

Just wondered if anyone else has any experience with the Enzymes.

Happy IP Power day to all.

IdealProteinNewbie
10-23-2013, 09:16 AM
PrincessPeacock and Lisa: You both may be on to something.

Apparently IP has "reformulated" their Omega 3's.

Instead of taking 3 pills per day at the cost of $24/bottle, the new one will be 2 pills per day at $30/bottle, and both only are a month's supply.

KareVT
10-23-2013, 09:21 AM
PrincessPeacock and Lisa: You both may be on to something.

Apparently IP has "reformulated" their Omega 3's.

Instead of taking 3 pills per day at the cost of $24/bottle, the new one will be 2 pills per day at $30/bottle, and both only are a month's supply.

Ooh! I missed this bit of info, thanks for bringing it to my attention IdealProteinNewbie, PrincessPeacock and Lisa - so, when would this start? This IS gr8 news!!! The IP vits get very $ :(*sigh*

ems70508
10-23-2013, 10:18 AM
Morning everyone! I was catching up on the daily chat from yesterday and saw some people asking about how they chose their goal weight. I had shared this link in another thread but wanted to put it here as well. Obviously you don't have to follow this but it calculates where your BMI is and tells you the ranges of 'normal' (whatever that is!) and 'overweight'. There are special circumstances and if you feel like you fall in a special circumstance, you should probably talk to your doctor/coach.

As a person who has been overweight since childhood, I couldn't tell you a 'healthy' weight. My nutritionists have always said that at 5' tall you should be 100lbs (+-15lbs). Then for every inch, add 5 lbs. So i'm 5'9 and that would put my 'healthy range' between 130-160. That is because the spot on weight would be 145. So i did the range. Get it? When you calculate your BMI online and I put in 5'9 at 145, my BMI was 21.4...which is normal range. If I put in 160lbs, it put my BMI at 23. Which is close to 'overweight'. THe BMI website I used is below:

http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/guidelines/...MI/bmicalc.htm

Jenny38
10-23-2013, 10:20 AM
Good morning fellow IPer's
I'm in love! Just made the crispy pancakes and they are soo yummy. It is great to have something to chew in the morning and feels and tastes like real pancakes. Don't know why I waited so long...some of the recipes overwhelm me.
Have a great day :)

Princess Peacock
10-23-2013, 10:25 AM

Love this! Printing it out and putting it everywhere (over computer, on fridge door, etc.) Hubby is out of town all week and with the combination of cooking "fun" food for the kids, and the added stress of doing it all myself, I have had a few trying days. Still 100%, but have those moments where I open the fridge and simply stand there staring at nothing.
This too shall pass.....

nolasmurf
10-23-2013, 10:31 AM
The mornings are getting cooler here in NOLA. Im all most out of the IP packets and will be going full alt on Friday. I'm wondering has anyone warmed up an EAS drink after blending with spinach? I don't know if I drink smoothies thru the winter LOL

Zictory75
10-23-2013, 11:23 AM
Good morning all

That is a great quote Lisa. I think I may need to get that Beck book.

I'm having an odd week. Clinic added Enzymes to my protocol. My hope is to phase off my gerd meds one day though it has been a lifelong issue. Anyway, I feel wonky, weight is staying more static, and having the big C. The latter is odd since that's part of what the Enzymes should help with. (I already take Calm and colonRX every day)

Has anyone else taken the Enzymes? Had any issues?

I'm sticking with them because I figure I need to give it a week to see... Just a little concerned. Plus I feel like I'm taking a million pills - regular IP ones on the sheet, colon RX, Enzymes, detox pak(6 pills) and Omegas.

Just wondered if anyone else has any experience with the Enzymes.

Happy IP Power day to all.

I have had major issues with the big c and my coach switched me off of the Cal/Mag and on to a regular Mag and a transdermal mag spray (a lot of people don't absorb the pills so that can be a problem) plus enzymes. It helps, but I use the smooth move tea several times a week on top of that. Not the best situation. I did a bit of an experiment this weekend because I wanted to see if it was the soy in the IP food causing the problems. I switched my bars to Quest Naturals (Per the goddess of all things IP, Lisa) and substituted a real protein for the IP protein (the 3rd one). This is not a long term solution, it was an experiment and I did see an improvement so I plan to do half alternatives and half IP so I can reduce the amount of soy I am consuming. I need my coach and not feel comfortable leaving his practice so I have to do some IP to stay there, but for me the soy is certainly a contributing factor to constipation and tummy troubles.

I do wonder of those who use smooth move tea, how often do you use it. I use it way more than the package says, is that really a problem? Thoughts?

Pixie111
10-23-2013, 11:33 AM
Good morning everyone. Just wanted to share I started IP on 09/23 at 173.6 and now a month later I am down to 160. :)
Feeling very good abt myself. I have 40 more pounds to lose and I am highly motivated to stay on plan and get this over with once and for all :)

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar069/cartoonstar01/lb/173.8/120/160.6/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

Bella73123
10-23-2013, 11:38 AM
I am bursting with excitement and I just had to post. A little background for anyone that is not familiar with my story. I started IP last August, lost 50lbs in 3 months, without a single cheat...then everything just blew up! I tried and tried for months to not cheat, and eventually I took what was supposed to be a short break. I've tried and tried several times to restart and I messed it up every time after only a day or two. Well here I am again, and I am so happy to say that I made it through my entire first week, CHEAT FREE!!!! And the payoff? I lost 8.4 lbs!!! This is more than I lost the first week the first time I did IP and I was almost 15lbs heavier that time! I am finally feeling like I can do this. I know it's a slippery slope though...I can't even read that 90% thread, no way, not risking it! Hope everyone has a fantastic OP day!

65X65
10-23-2013, 11:47 AM
I have had major issues with the big c

I do wonder of those who use smooth move tea, how often do you use it. I use it way more than the package says, is that really a problem? Thoughts?

Hi Zictory...Am beginning to think Big C problem is more prevalent for Ipers than, I at least, initially thought about. This has been a problem for me since about the third month, and as it turns out I actually have some underlying physical/mechanical digestive problems (previously undiagnosed) which were made considerably worse by Big C. If you have an underlying problem, using SM tea can initiate problems that can be serious. Apparently the congenital nature of my physiology had been noted on previous colonoscopy reports, but was considered a benign condition until recently when the Big C exacerbated the issue. I suggest with the use of SM tea, you DO run it by a physician, just to safe!

megjohnsonnj
10-23-2013, 12:10 PM
Good Morning! Happily celebrating 50lbs gone this week. Thanks for posting such motivating and helpful info each day.

I am wondering if anyone has run across white balsamic vinegar? I know I can use apple cider and white vinegar, but am not sure about white balsamic. I have stayed away from it just in case, but I am curious as it's the only vinegar options currently offered in our cafeteria at work. Thanks for the help.

jordanna
10-23-2013, 12:27 PM
Good Morning! Happily celebrating 50lbs gone this week. Thanks for posting such motivating and helpful info each day.

I am wondering if anyone has run across white balsamic vinegar? I know I can use apple cider and white vinegar, but am not sure about white balsamic. I have stayed away from it just in case, but I am curious as it's the only vinegar options currently offered in our cafeteria at work. Thanks for the help.

CONGRATS on the 50 lbs down!

The carb count on white balsamic can be quite high (approx 5g carbs/tbsp) which is why it's normally not allowed, but I can't speak to the specific brand they carry in your cafeteria.

sarita75
10-23-2013, 12:54 PM
Good morning all! I am back! The examination is done although I am not sure how I did and won't get results for another 4-6 months. I am fine with that. It was harder than I had anticipated but I felt confident through the essays, feeling less confident with the multiple choice. Anyhow, if I pass or not bear not a thing on my ability to practice law so I am going to practice letting go and just know that I did my level best.

Today is my 1st WI in 2 weeks and 1 day. I am nervous and anxious. I have been weighing myself at home so I have a rough estimate of where I am, but the center's scale is always a little more. Here's hoping. I have been walking more and I feel good to be active. I have truly missed it and so the easing into it by walking has been nice. I walked to my boyfriend's house yesterday which is 3.1 miles from my house and it felt amazing to be outside, fresh air and relaxing after the exam was over.

Lisa - that's a lovely thought from the Beck book. Thank you for sharing!!

Jordanna - love the new photo!

To All! - too many things to mention between yesterday and today. For those of you struggling - hugs to you! To those showing IP "Who's Boss" - congrats!!!! Happy hump day to everyone!

sarahBell
10-23-2013, 01:17 PM
The mornings are getting cooler here in NOLA. Im all most out of the IP packets and will be going full alt on Friday. I'm wondering has anyone warmed up an EAS drink after blending with spinach? I don't know if I drink smoothies thru the winter LOL

It was a beautiful cool crisp 22 here this AM :carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot: and the high today is going to be 41 maybe :)

Bring on the snow ROFL!!! As you can tell I lOVE the cold and snow, dh loves the heat and humidity ironic hehehe.

Also dinner last night was beyond AWESOME. I roasted an egg plant and zucchini in the oven, grilled up chicken tenders, sliced up a tomato and onion and a bunch of lettuce. AND made a wonderful lemon-Olive oil dressing and ate the most wonderful warm roasted veggie salad with warm grilled chicken. It was so filling and HEAVENLY!!!

I also made mashed potatoes, creamy chicken soup for everyone else and the best looking loaf of home made bread which lasted until this AM. I am hoping today goes like yesterday but I can always improve too!

leannekarella
10-23-2013, 02:02 PM
For those of you who remember me, I was an active member here early in the year for a few months, but pretty went away because I had to adjust Ideal Protein diet to fit my medical needs so much, it wasn't really IP any longer...

Anyway I just wanted to say Hi, and to those who asked for updates...

I've had my open heart surgery on Oct 4th, everything went amazingly well, and as of today, just under 3 weeks post-op, I'm getting back on plan (my plan). I feel wonderful, other than some residual muscle pain the surgeon says should be gone by the time I hit 6 weeks and am released back to normal living.

Thank you to everyone who kept me in their thoughts and prayers. I know it helped!:hug:

65X65
10-23-2013, 02:14 PM

Love white balsamic but was told by my IP lady it was a no go. :(

I switched to Rice Vinegar...the plain ...no seasonings...and found it a suitable substitute.

The one we find pretty readily locally is MARUKAN. it is sodium and sugar free and meets the 0/0/0 requirement. Be careful to read label and have the right one as they do make some that have flavorings and those definitely are not 0/0/0!!

65X65
10-23-2013, 02:15 PM
For those of you who remember me, I was an active member here early in the year for a few months, but pretty went away because I had to adjust Ideal Protein diet to fit my medical needs so much, it wasn't really IP any longer...

I've had my open heart surgery on Oct 4th, everything went amazingly well, and as of today, just under 3 weeks post-op, I'm getting back on plan (my plan). I feel wonderful, other than some residual muscle pain the surgeon says should be gone by the time I hit 6 weeks and am released back to normal living.

Thank you to everyone who kept me in their thoughts and prayers. I know it helped!:hug:

Hi Leann...glad to hear things working out well for you! I remember you and also remember when you decided IP was in contradiction with your personal good health. Take care and best wishes!

megjohnsonnj
10-23-2013, 02:16 PM
CONGRATS on the 50 lbs down!

The carb count on white balsamic can be quite high (approx 5g carbs/tbsp) which is why it's normally not allowed, but I can't speak to the specific brand they carry in your cafeteria.

Thank you for the heads up! I found they had malt vinegar which, according to myfitnesspal is a safe 0/0. Hope to get them to stock white vinegar too as I really am not a fan of WF dressing and I am not yet organized enough make/take my own homemade each day.

HawkHat
10-23-2013, 02:39 PM
Hello everyone! No scale victory for me this week but a NSV - I lost 1 1/2" from my waist!
Small things:)
Mimi

sarita75
10-23-2013, 03:28 PM
Woot!! Woot!! Had to share! I am down 6.4 since my last WI 2 weeks ago. So excited. Officially 147.7 - so now for a new goal of 145!!! Buzzing!

vachinyc
10-23-2013, 03:30 PM
Woot!! Woot!! Had to share! I am down 6.4 since my last WI 2 weeks ago. So excited. Officially 147.7 - so now for a new goal of 145!!! Buzzing!

CONGRATS Sarita! On your loss and on being done with the exam. Woo Hoo! :hat:

You too HawkHat - 1.5 inches is GREAT!

dak1lls
10-23-2013, 03:38 PM

You are in the 140's!!!!!! It is incredible to me to see your successes. We started within 3 days of one another and you are down 61 lbs! So, so, so, so happy for your! :bravo::cp::bravo::cp::bravo::cp:

ZOMBIEDAWN
10-23-2013, 03:41 PM
That's fantastic, Sarita! I hung around a lot here during the beginning of your journey. It's just great to see you doing so well! :-)

ZOMBIEDAWN
10-23-2013, 03:43 PM
You are in the 140's!!!!!! It is incredible to me to see your successes. We started within 3 days of one another and you are down 61 lbs! So, so, so, so happy for your! :bravo::cp::bravo::cp::bravo::cp:

I think the last time I was on 3FC, months ago, you didn't have a profile pic? You look SO GREAT!

sarita75
10-23-2013, 03:44 PM
Thank you all! I am so happy. Looking forward to phasing and all that jazz!! It is so helpful to have had all of you to help with kindness, support or simply contact! Thank you!

sarita75
10-23-2013, 04:09 PM
I think the last time I was on 3FC, months ago, you didn't have a profile pic? You look SO GREAT!

Doesn't she? I love it!

nolasmurf
10-23-2013, 04:49 PM
so i won this great chance to ride in the annual halloween parade. but it looks like because my sweetie has to work and my daughter has dancing on Sat I won't be able to do it. :( super bummed. My mom is out of town and shes my go to for getting DD around.
and to top it all off I just had a really bad experience at the beauty supply store. Some girls were trying to steal hair extensions while I was in there and the clerk went into full blown freak out mode. She was screaming they were screaming , I cant handle that stuff, I started to panic and almost passed out.

lighthouse101
10-23-2013, 05:28 PM
Hi all,

Wondering why green cabbage is not allowed on Phase 1? I looked up the nutritional info in comparison to red cabbage and is has about the same amount of fiber and also less carbs. Just curious.

sarahBell
10-23-2013, 05:32 PM
I am doing really well for ME today, I have only tasted a couple of times (checking salt in ds food) and another subconscious taste but other than that good

dak1lls
10-23-2013, 05:38 PM

Hi Zombiedawn! You are right. It took me a while to put one up. Probably because I have always hated having my picture taken. Funny how things change. It is nice to see you again! Thanks for the kind words.

dak1lls
10-23-2013, 05:38 PM
Doesn't she? I love it!

you're a doll!

emsmom97
10-23-2013, 06:13 PM
Hi all,

Wondering why green cabbage is not allowed on Phase 1? I looked up the nutritional info in comparison to red cabbage and is has about the same amount of fiber and also less carbs. Just curious.

As far as I know, it is. I've been eating it tons these past two weeks.

nalaroo
10-23-2013, 06:29 PM

Congrats on meeting and exceeding your goal of 150! I know that must feel great.

lisa32989
10-23-2013, 06:45 PM
My coach had said it includes those types but doesn't exclude green cabbage.

emsmom97
10-23-2013, 06:52 PM
My coach had said it includes those types but doesn't exclude green cabbage.

Same for me. Any type of cabbage (napa, red, green, etc.) Thank goodness too...I've been making my own coleslaw out of it. Just add some apple cider vinegar, a bit of olive oil and some salt. I even add some cayenne pepper for spice. Tastes great with fish.

smileyt03
10-23-2013, 07:47 PM
way to go

sonolady
10-23-2013, 08:02 PM
Sarita Whoo hooo!! Good for you with the scale and now you can sit back and enjoy life more without your nose in the books! You go girl!!

Congrats to all who had the scale move and the NSV's!!

Just curious, anyone have any experience with homeopathy? My poor Bella, Australian Labradoodle, has a bladder infection or UTI, haven't hit the right remedy yet. She has other health issue so trying to not do the antibiotic, it will mean bringing her for more acupuncture. I have great vets that I am working with but they are not familiar with homeopathy.

sonolady
10-23-2013, 08:04 PM
Karevt thanks for the well wishes. : )

5 days on P2, piece of cake ( no pun intended lol) so far.

Princess Peacock
10-23-2013, 08:10 PM
Had an awesome dinner tonight and had to share. Sauté green onions in a new butter flavored olive oil I found. Added 8 oz crab (claw meat). Covered in broth (allowed by my coach). Seasoned with Tony's. Right before serving I added my 1 oz allowance of skim milk, then thickened with xanthum gum.
Made a big bowl of crab soup!!! I savored every single bite, it was so yummy!
Now I have to have the rest of my veggie allowance but I'm stuffed. I may just add spinach to my nighttime shake snack.

vachinyc
10-23-2013, 08:48 PM
Funny. I think I almost had a panic attack when the cabbage convo came up. I use it as noodles in stir fry at least once a week. Glad to know it IS ok. Whew.

Brr. Heard it is the Coldest World Series first game ever...hope your night this weekend is better Lisa!

I've felt the same way about photos dak1lls...I'm hoping it changes as I lose weight and gain confidence.

Glad to hear P2 is working out a-ok sonolady. Something to look forward to for many of us.

Have a great night all.

drivebynotthru
10-23-2013, 09:21 PM
So, it's been awhile since I've checked in and so many of you are doing fabulous! I'm so proud to be part of a group that's so committed. I know that when I'm down, I can come here for support. I haven't been on here since I was 198 (Onederland) and now I'm weighing in at 187. My BMI has gone from 44 to 33. I can't wait to get out of obese and into the overweight category! Congrats to all the victories, and here's to many more to come.....

IdealProteinNewbie
10-23-2013, 09:25 PM
Sarahbell: I forgot you asked about the taste of the tisane last night. It is a pleasant green tea/citrus flavor that's good both hot and iced.

amt6
10-23-2013, 09:29 PM
Sarita Congrats on hitting your goal!! We started around the same time and you are doing so well on this program! Thrilled for you :)

I just got back from an unplanned after work run. i had a very long day and needed to clear my head, and for the first time in FOREVER, running seemed like it would do the trick better then vegging on the couch. Who am I?!

I completed week 3 day 2 of couch to 5k which included my first run for 3 minutes straight without stopping. I did the same run on Saturday and could not complete it, so I am proud that I was able to finish without stopping today Slowly but surely seeing progress!

kelseys928
10-23-2013, 09:34 PM
Had my 3rd weigh in today and am down another 4 bringing my total to 16 :) I know I havnt been on it as long as most of you but just wanted to jump in with an accomplishment. Its almost I am waiting for the other shoe to drop and the weight to stop coming off, just me being crazy !

Docsaver
10-23-2013, 09:39 PM
Morning everyone! I was catching up on the daily chat from yesterday and saw some people asking about how they chose their goal weight. I had shared this link in another thread but wanted to put it here as well. Obviously you don't have to follow this but it calculates where your BMI is and tells you the ranges of 'normal' (whatever that is!) and 'overweight'. There are special circumstances and if you feel like you fall in a special circumstance, you should probably talk to your doctor/coach.

As a person who has been overweight since childhood, I couldn't tell you a 'healthy' weight. My nutritionists have always said that at 5' tall you should be 100lbs (+-15lbs). Then for every inch, add 5 lbs. So i'm 5'9 and that would put my 'healthy range' between 130-160. That is because the spot on weight would be 145. So i did the range. Get it? When you calculate your BMI online and I put in 5'9 at 145, my BMI was 21.4...which is normal range. If I put in 160lbs, it put my BMI at 23. Which is close to 'overweight'. THe BMI website I used is below:

The link didn't work form me but it prompted me to go ahead and check out my BMI information. I looked up where I started (Obese), where I am (Overweight), and the minimum weight to be "Normal". This helped me see that my goal weight is a healthy one and I do believe it is right for me.

Thank you! Great post :carrot:

Tuscany123
10-23-2013, 09:49 PM
Had my 3rd weigh in today and am down another 4 bringing my total to 16 :) I know I havnt been on it as long as most of you but just wanted to jump in with an accomplishment. Its almost I am waiting for the other shoe to drop and the weight to stop coming off, just me being crazy !
You are doing great! Your stats are almost identical to mine, same height etc. keep up the great work!! ;)

PurpleMomster
10-23-2013, 09:56 PM
Hi all!

Sorry, busy day and I haven't had a chance to check in yet. There was a pizza lunch with chips and a drink but I had a veggie salad from Subway and some garlic and herb chips and I was good.

Congrats to all "losers" today and all the NSV's!

I'm on a training course all day tomorrow - hope it's good and not too boring.

Jo

Strongisthenewskinny
10-23-2013, 10:10 PM
Im kind of confused on how to figure out what "alternatives" are IP friendly.. Does anyone know if the Protidiet blueberry pancakes are? Because i just ate one and i feel that its waaaay too yummy to be okay. haha!

Serving Size: 1 Pouch Servings Per Container: 7
Amount Per Serving
Calories 100 Calories from Fat 10
Total Fat 1g
Saturated Fat 0.5g
Cholesterol 40mg
Sodium 400mg
Potassium 80mg
Total Carbohydrate 7g
Dietary Fiber 1g
Sugars 1g
Protein 15g

Princess Peacock
10-23-2013, 10:14 PM
Im kind of confused on how to figure out what "alternatives" are IP friendly.. Does anyone know if the Protidiet blueberry pancakes are? Because i just ate one and i feel that its waaaay too yummy to be okay. haha!

Serving Size: 1 Pouch Servings Per Container: 7
Amount Per Serving
Calories 100 Calories from Fat 10
Total Fat 1g
Saturated Fat 0.5g
Cholesterol 40mg
Sodium 400mg
Potassium 80mg
Total Carbohydrate 7g
Dietary Fiber 1g
Sugars 1g
Protein 15g

Yes! Perfectly fine and NOT restricted. Thanks for the reminder - I've been meaning to order these.

CrystalWolf
10-23-2013, 10:55 PM
Congrats on the fabulous post exam weigh in Sarita!

Way to go everyone on the great weigh ins and NSVs.

So glad thee two inches of snow we had this morning has melted.

sarita75
10-23-2013, 11:00 PM
Sarita Congrats on hitting your goal!! We started around the same time and you are doing so well on this program! Thrilled for you :)

I just got back from an unplanned after work run. i had a very long day and needed to clear my head, and for the first time in FOREVER, running seemed like it would do the trick better then vegging on the couch. Who am I?!

I completed week 3 day 2 of couch to 5k which included my first run for 3 minutes straight without stopping. I did the same run on Saturday and could not complete it, so I am proud that I was able to finish without stopping today Slowly but surely seeing progress!

I am SO proud of you!! Congrats!!

kcdoe
10-23-2013, 11:17 PM

EMS you and I are practically the same I started at 251 and I'm 5'9" does this mean I should actually have an even lower goal ugh I'm told I'm big boned I wonder if this is a factor? :?:

PurpleMomster
10-23-2013, 11:27 PM
Congrats on the fabulous post exam weigh in Sarita!

Way to go everyone on the great weigh ins and NSVs.

So glad thee two inches of snow we had this morning has melted.

Seriously? Ugh. That wasn't the first time for you guys either, right? We had some flurries but everything melted before it hit the ground. I know I live in the Great White North and all but I'm not ready for the white stuff just yet :dizzy:

Jo

lisa32989
10-23-2013, 11:31 PM

Leanne: Super nice to see you!
Glad you are doing well.

CrystalWolf
10-23-2013, 11:34 PM
Seriously? Ugh. That wasn't the first time for you guys either, right? We had some flurries but everything melted before it hit the ground. I know I live in the Great White North and all but I'm not ready for the white stuff just yet :dizzy:

Jo

I know, right! The white stuff can go away til November at the very least!

kelseys928
10-24-2013, 12:26 AM
You are doing great! Your stats are almost identical to mine, same height etc. keep up the great work!! ;)

thank you! looks like you are rocking it as well!

dak1lls
10-24-2013, 12:30 AM
Karevt thanks for the well wishes. : )

5 days on P2, piece of cake ( no pun intended lol) so far.

I see your Red Sox won! Yay!

kelseys928
10-24-2013, 12:49 AM
I see your Red Sox won! Yay!

go sox!

Deana509
10-24-2013, 02:15 AM
I got my food order in! A month's worth of food! Hopefully I don't get bored of eating some of these things :) I am glad to have this forum to pick up packet hacks and suggestions!
I'm hoping that this weekend I will reach a 30 lb loss :)