Ideal Protein Diet - Numbers in Alternatives

View Full Version : Numbers in Alternatives

mperkows
10-22-2013, 04:34 PM
I am sure there is a thread out there about this but I cannot locate it. In doing the alternative method of Ideal Protein (own food in place of IP packets), is there guidance as to how many grams of proteins, carbs, sugars, etc that we should be aiming towards? I want to make sure my numbers are adding up correctly.

mperkows
10-24-2013, 11:48 AM
Bump

nolasmurf
10-24-2013, 11:52 AM
is this what you needed

mperkows
10-24-2013, 12:30 PM
is this what you needed

Yes that does help... But I would like to know MAX numbers so I know I will not go over. For example protein.... it states look for something at least 12 grams of protein per food; whats the daily max as in a total for the day?

I guess my question deals with the max numbers for the day so I know I do not go over.

lisa32989
10-24-2013, 12:45 PM
Yes that does help... But I would like to know MAX numbers so I know I will not go over. For example protein.... it states look for something at least 12 grams of protein per food; whats the daily max as in a total for the day?

I guess my question deals with the max numbers for the day so I know I do not go over

Most IP foods have about 15 g Protein per packet
If you use that as your guide, 15 x3 = (approximately) 45 for the protein from packets for the day, plus your 8 oz of meat.

Carbs: The nice thing is that if you stick with the packets and the recommendations on that little picture, your carbs will fall right in line if you use the veggies on the select list.

jemma51
10-24-2013, 01:33 PM
I am using alternatives exclusively. I found a tub of powder at walmart for around $13.00. It fits within the guidelines and has way more protein per serving than any others I have looked at. I have to use the least expensive product I can due to budget. I am pretty happy with it as far as taste is concerned . It's buy Body Fortress " super Advanced Whey Isolate" .