Ideal Protein Diet - IP daily chat Monday, October 21, 2013

lisa32989
10-21-2013, 06:10 AM
:welcome2:
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/243142-have-question-about-ip-read-here-first-before-posting-question.html): Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
(http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-exercise-other-important-threads.html)and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/4701599-post49.html)

NOTE: Attached files in stickies (and elsewhere) have been nonfunctional for the past few weeks. Admin are a aware of the problem & it has been reported to tech support. Links to Googledocs have been added for protocol sheets until technical issues are resolved

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/221536-real-cost-cheating-ideal-protein.html)

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/261885-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow.html)
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/268669-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow-volumn-2-a.html)
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/212175-fun-ideal-protein-packets.html)
Fun with Veggie Purees! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/264231-fun-veggie-purees.html)
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/273856-ideal-protein-diet-recipes-4-a.html)
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/270950-ideal-protein-tips-recipes-incredible-weight-loss-center.html)

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html) for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/3427715-post155.html) Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/).

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19)

IdealProteinNewbie
10-21-2013, 06:36 AM
Posted this late last night but want to re-post it in case anyone missed it...chocolate pancakes and vanilla crispy squares are being discontinued. Stock up while they're still available!

kcdoe
10-21-2013, 06:42 AM
Good morning! I weigh in today and for the second week I haven't lost. I have lost 3 to 4 every week almost for the prior 9 weeks so I cant complain down 40 lbs since August 3rd. I should be able to give myself a break and say this is temporary step it up. But I'm scared that was it and now going forward this is the new pattern! I know there's nothing anyone can say, I've read this forum long enough to know everyone goes through this so I shouldn't feel so alarmed but I do cant help it !! Thanks for listening!

vachinyc
10-21-2013, 07:21 AM
Good morning! Brrr. It got cold fast. Chilly out but beautiful.

Re: "hot" chocolate from last night. Directions I saw said to add water and make chocolate drink per usual then microwave. I tried to mix with already hot water and it didn't blend well.

QUESTION: has anyone taken the IP enzymes? I started them yesterday and they seem to have worsened the big C? Possible? Confusing...

IP POWER to all!

sarahBell
10-21-2013, 08:17 AM
Good Morning and Happy Monday!

I woke up with all kinds of gunk on my eye and eyelashes, and washed my face only to see my eye is all red, itchy and sore :(

I am going to get an rx for it today just so it clears up faster. What a way to start the week LOL.

caressme
10-21-2013, 08:26 AM
freeeeezzinnnggg in the DMV this am! Makes me cross! WI Monday today - lost 1.2 lbs!!! WOOHOOO!!! I'm going dowwnn and i love it! Have a wonderful 100% OP day IPEEPS!

nolasmurf
10-21-2013, 08:37 AM
Morning all! Got up this morning to find out daughter was carpooling with her friends so I didn't need to get up! Lol oh well already poured a cup of coffee so I guess I'm up. Sitting here enjoying a beautiful fall morning in Southern Louisiana. Love this time of year p, it's getting cooler. The high today is 79 instead of 99! ;)

Doing well staying OP, waiting on my box of alts from Nashua. Should be here tomorrow. Feeling confident about doing this on my own.

Hope everyone has a great week! :dance:

masenki
10-21-2013, 08:56 AM

I woke up with all kinds of gunk on my eye and eyelashes, and washed my face only to see my eye is all red, itchy and sore :(

I am going to get an rx for it today just so it clears up faster. What a way to start the week LOL.
Same here - sick day. Was taking care of my teenage son who has strap throat and fewer, ending up catching all that from him. Not good. Need to get up and eat something.

lilkel244
10-21-2013, 09:01 AM
Lost 1.6 at my weigh in this morning, not surprised it wasn't more, I was in Philly this weekend visiting my sister-in-law and it was very hard to stay totally OP, I ended up eating an extra packet on Saturday in lieu of dinner as there were just not a lot of options and I ended up eating some cheese as well, I however did NOT eat anything from the food truck festival we went too, I did not eat the homemade bagels, or the lemon poppy seed waffles my sister-in-law made. So despite not a huge loss I am feeling good about great about my life style changes. I am also feeling skinny, I put two shirts on this weekend that were too large, which was so exciting!

PurpleMomster
10-21-2013, 09:02 AM

Ah, the joys of having little ones in the house. I remember that happening a couple of times. Hope it clears up quickly for you.

freeeeezzinnnggg in the DMV this am! Makes me cross! WI Monday today - lost 1.2 lbs!!! WOOHOOO!!! I'm going dowwnn and i love it! Have a wonderful 100% OP day IPEEPS!

Woohoo, congrats!

Morning all! Got up this morning to find out daughter was carpooling with her friends so I didn't need to get up! Lol oh well already poured a cup of coffee so I guess I'm up. Sitting here enjoying a beautiful fall morning in Southern Louisiana. Love this time of year p, it's getting cooler. The high today is 79 instead of 99! ;)

Doing well staying OP, waiting on my box of alts from Nashua. Should be here tomorrow. Feeling confident about doing this on my own.

Hope everyone has a great week! :dance:

79 instead of 99...ha, ha, ha! You can do it on your own, I know you can!

Good Monday morning all! It's going to be a rough couple of days at work so bring on the coffee :devil:

Have a busy week between the stuff going on at work, going to a hockey game tomorrow night, my son's volleyball tournament Wednesday and throw some of his hockey practices in there. Good thing I planned some meals in advance, lol! My sister wants to go to Ikea tonight after work but I'll still come home before to eat - not sure about Ikea meatballs being IP friendly.

Have a great IP day everyone!
Jo

Tuscany123
10-21-2013, 09:06 AM
Lost 1.6 at my weigh in this morning, not surprised it wasn't more, I was in Philly this weekend visiting my sister-in-law and it was very hard to stay totally OP, I ended up eating an extra packet on Saturday in lieu of dinner as there were just not a lot of options and I ended up eating some cheese as well, I however did NOT eat anything from the food truck festival we went too, I did not eat the homemade bagels, or the lemon poppy seed waffles my sister-in-law made. So despite not a huge loss I am feeling good about great about my life style changes. I am also feeling skinny, I put two shirts on this weekend that were too large, which was so exciting!

Wow, talk about temptation!!! :dust:You did great!!!!!!!

Yesterday I unpacked 2 bags of smaller clothes I put away months ago, it was so exciting to slip on slacks and jackets and find they fit again! I had to throw a wet towel in the dryer with all my "new" clothes to knock the wrinkles out of them. I'm typing this post in bed, looking at my "new" slacks and jacket hanging on the back of my door that I'm going to wear to work today. I'm gonna be styling!!!!!!:encore:

slownsteady
10-21-2013, 09:11 AM
Good morning! I weigh in today and for the second week I haven't lost. I have lost 3 to 4 every week almost for the prior 9 weeks so I cant complain down 40 lbs since August 3rd. I should be able to give myself a break and say this is temporary step it up. But I'm scared that was it and now going forward this is the new pattern! I know there's nothing anyone can say, I've read this forum long enough to know everyone goes through this so I shouldn't feel so alarmed but I do cant help it !! Thanks for listening!

Don't know what your coach will recommend, but when I slowed down for a couple of weeks in a row, my coach looked through my food journal and decided perhaps I wasn't taking in enough calories, and suggested either starting a restricted (daily as one of my 3 packets - I hadn't yet had any restricteds), - OR - adding a 4th packet every 3 days (remain with 3 packets on the other days). It did seem to 'shake things up' a little and I lost more the following week. I've been trying to do the same while on vacation, so we'll see the outcome next week when I weigh in after no weigh in for 3 weeks!

Doing well staying OP..... Feeling confident about doing this on my own.

Wow, you are really doing great! 30 lbs down! Way to go!

I will be away another week, so like I said, I will have had no weigh ins for 3 weeks! I have continued 100%OP and feel like I am losing, so I hope the scale shows it next week when I return. My last weigh in was week 7, so my next will be week 10. Praying for a good one!

NSV - a jacket I didn't used to be able to zip - brought it with me on vacation and......ZIP! Same with a sweatshirt that used to be too tight and not comfortable. I'm nearly swimming in it now! LOVE IT! Things like this keep me going!

Have a great week everyone!

ems70508
10-21-2013, 09:16 AM
Good Morning yall! I had a rough weekend. For some reason I feel like I was kicked out of Ketosis. I wanted to eat everything in sight! I'm not far from TOM but i've never experienced this type of craving while on IP/close to TOM. The only thing I changed about my eating habits was incorporating occasional veggies for the first time since starting IP. Do you think that would cause something like that? I ate tomatoes. I know that the occasional ones won't kick you out of ketosis but I wonder if my body just wasn't used to getting something like that? My dad also marinated his bbq chicken in Italian dressing and didn't tell me....what do yall think?

Hope everyone has a great OP-craving free day!

lilkel244
10-21-2013, 09:17 AM
Wow, talk about temptation!!! :dust:You did great!!!!!!!

Yesterday I unpacked 2 bags of smaller clothes I put away months ago, it was so exciting to slip on slacks and jackets and find they fit again! I had to throw a wet towel in the dryer with all my "new" clothes to knock the wrinkles out of them. I'm typing this post in bed, looking at my "new" slacks and jacket hanging on the back of my door that I'm going to wear to work today. I'm gonna be styling!!!!!!:encore:

Thank you! It was tough but I was so proud to not eat any of it!

Jenny38
10-21-2013, 09:20 AM
Morning! It's a beautiful day here in Burlington but getting a lot cooler this week. Enjoying a quiet morning after dropping the kids to school and before heading to work.

Congrats on the loses ladies and NSV!
Have a great OP day:)

bimnd113
10-21-2013, 09:31 AM
Good Morning yall! I had a rough weekend. For some reason I feel like I was kicked out of Ketosis. I wanted to eat everything in sight! I'm not far from TOM but i've never experienced this type of craving while on IP/close to TOM. The only thing I changed about my eating habits was incorporating occasional veggies for the first time since starting IP. Do you think that would cause something like that? I ate tomatoes. I know that the occasional ones won't kick you out of ketosis but I wonder if my body just wasn't used to getting something like that? My dad also marinated his bbq chicken in Italian dressing and didn't tell me....what do yall think?

It is not unusual for TOM to start moving around on this diet....I'm normally very consistent but not on IP! There can be a lot of sugar in Italian dressing but I doubt either it or the tomatoes knocked you out. You just have to power through the hungry days, I usually eat extra eggs/packets/tuna on salad to make it. Good luck!

dak1lls
10-21-2013, 09:32 AM

Congrats on the losses! You are doing so well with IP and your great attitude is infectious!

Bella73123
10-21-2013, 09:45 AM
Good morning everyone! I did IP last year, but never finished and didn't phase off properly. ..so I am back to do it properly this time! First WI is on Wednesday, feeling good so far :-)

65X65
10-21-2013, 09:54 AM

Hey! I'm in the DMV area too! ( Live 10 minutes from the University of Delaware!) And Yes...CHILLY-chilly today..with worse chill on the way later this week! Pulling out some of the sweaters and a pair of BOOTS to wear out running errands this morning!

Congrats on the scale going
D
O
W
N!!!

WE LOVE THAT DIRECTION!

nalaroo
10-21-2013, 09:57 AM
I too have intense hunger and cravings around TOM. I have remedied this by adding in an extra non-restricted packet a day and on rare occasions a restricted. This helps reduce my cravings immensely and keeps me from turning to foods that are not on plan. I have been know to have the occasional melt down during TOM - crying and all. But it's well worth the effort to stay on plan, the cravings will pass in a couple of days.

ems70508
10-21-2013, 10:01 AM
I really just wanted to narrow down and decide if the occasional veggies were causing this (and if anyone else experienced this) or if its TOM. Glad to hear 2 people saying it's TOM.

emsmom97
10-21-2013, 10:21 AM
Good morning all! Had a very busy, OP weekend. WI is tomorrow and I am hoping for a good number on the scale. I definitely feel better and my husband noted that I am getting smaller everyday. Hopefully he wasn't just saying that so I don't go off on him since my moods aren't exactly stable right now. :)

Off to the gym! Hope you all have a great Monday.

sarahBell
10-21-2013, 10:38 AM
Good morning all! Had a very busy, OP weekend. WI is tomorrow and I am hoping for a good number on the scale. I definitely feel better and my husband noted that I am getting smaller everyday. Hopefully he wasn't just saying that so I don't go off on him since my moods aren't exactly stable right now. :)

Off to the gym! Hope you all have a great Monday.
Good Luck with the WI tomorrow!!!
Husbands can be sweet can't they :) Mine just raises his one eyebrow at me it's too cute :)

I hope your mood improves too btw, I think the weather has a lot to do with things. This AM when I got up it was 29 and today the high will be 39 or 40 :)

CrystalWolf
10-21-2013, 10:41 AM
Sarahbell, I hope you get the good eye drops soon, pink eye has been making the rounds here in ND lately.

Ems, I would tend to think it is more likely TOM than the occasional veggies.

Cold with snow flurries here today, half our office is out sick. Am drinking a ton of hot tea as I also have a sore throat and runny nose. Gotta power through!

amt6
10-21-2013, 10:51 AM
Good morning everyone! I am feeling a bit frustrated and am looking for advice. I started running 2.5 weeks ago, and have recently added an extra packet (in the form of a Quest bar) on my running days. However, the scale has definitely slowed down in the past few weeks. I have been on IP since May and was averaging about 10 lbs. per month, but now am losing at a slower rate of around 5lbs. per month. My question is whether I should attribute this to slowing losses after 5 months on plan, or if it's the running and I should really hold off until I'm closer to goal. Is there a way to tell the difference? I know our bodies tend to slow down weight loss as we get closer to goal, but I still have at least 30 lbs. to go, so I don't think I should be all that slow just yet! Any advice would be appreciated :)

cassieleeanne
10-21-2013, 12:01 PM
Good morning everyone! I am feeling a bit frustrated and am looking for advice. I started running 2.5 weeks ago, and have recently added an extra packet (in the form of a Quest bar) on my running days. However, the scale has definitely slowed down in the past few weeks. I have been on IP since May and was averaging about 10 lbs. per month, but now am losing at a slower rate of around 5lbs. per month. My question is whether I should attribute this to slowing losses after 5 months on plan, or if it's the running and I should really hold off until I'm closer to goal. Is there a way to tell the difference? I know our bodies tend to slow down weight loss as we get closer to goal, but I still have at least 30 lbs. to go, so I don't think I should be all that slow just yet! Any advice would be appreciated :)

Has your muscle went up? I noticed when working out at first it slowed a little, but then eventually it went back to normal. Our bodies take time to get adjusted to working out, plus your muscles are being worked and swell and retain water, so you won't see that drop right at first.

I would continue exercising because you will want a routine to stick with once you are done with the program. Plus it helps you tone while losing so your skin doesn't sag and you get a better shape than not working out.

But that is just my opinion and what I have experienced. :carrot::carrot:

cassieleeanne
10-21-2013, 12:02 PM
Good morning everyone, great to hear everyone's loses and NSV.

My goal this week is to workout every morning before work, which is hard due to waking up before five in the morning. But I made it this morning and I am determined to make this happen.

Zictory75
10-21-2013, 12:32 PM

Felt this way all weekend too! Ugh!

Zictory75
10-21-2013, 12:35 PM
I too have intense hunger and cravings around TOM. I have remedied this by adding in an extra non-restricted packet a day and on rare occasions a restricted. This helps reduce my cravings immensely and keeps me from turning to foods that are not on plan. I have been know to have the occasional melt down during TOM - crying and all. But it's well worth the effort to stay on plan, the cravings will pass in a couple of days.

This is great advice !!!!

PrettyMom09
10-21-2013, 12:36 PM
Good morning everyone, great to hear everyone's loses and NSV.

My goal this week is to workout every morning before work, which is hard due to waking up before five in the morning. But I made it this morning and I am determined to make this happen.

Good job! It is hard to get up soo early on Monday mornings. I woke up with a horrible stomach ache, so I decided no exercise until I feel better. I hope I can do some exercise tomorrow morning.

emsmom97
10-21-2013, 12:48 PM
Good Luck with the WI tomorrow!!!
Husbands can be sweet can't they :) Mine just raises his one eyebrow at me it's too cute :)

I hope your mood improves too btw, I think the weather has a lot to do with things. This AM when I got up it was 29 and today the high will be 39 or 40 :)

I agree...my mood depends a lot on the weather. We have had chilly and foggy since Friday night. Today doesn't look to be any better. Oh well...it could be worse. My son texted me from college this morning and said it is snowing! Not sticking, but they are getting flurries in the Twin Cities. Guess I need to look at the positive things here.

snickers70
10-21-2013, 01:34 PM
Good afternoon, been Awol for awhile. I hit goal.. then stopped checking in. Needless to say..I now need to reboot. Gained back 4 lbs, but I dont want it to get higher... so today I am back on Phase 1, and boy it is rough to do this agian! I have learned I can not have a cheat day every day!

Pixie111
10-21-2013, 02:36 PM
Hi all you beautiful Ipers. Have a quick question. I restarted IP 3 weeks ago with alternatives and it is progressing beautifully. I am going to start walking (moderate to brisk pace) for 45 min to an hour every day and may be add some light stretching. Should I be adding an extra packet (EAS shake in my case) after the exercise? I am asking only because it is not so intense and I do not want to go overboard as I would like to see the scale go down.

Thanks!

lisa32989
10-21-2013, 02:53 PM
Ketosis helps with hunger and cravings but the effects aren't strong enough to overcome all the hormones. Many of us still get cravings certain times. I certainly have hungrier days...
I don't think it was the occasional veggies or the accidental ingestion of off-plan marinade (we can only plan for what we KNOW is there!).

Losses slow as we have less to lose. At this point it is impossible to tell what caused the slowdown b/c you have more than one factor at play (more time on program/less to lose AND adding running).

Adding muscle will temporarily slow slosses as well but will create MUCH maintenance support. If you have kept close watch on your measurements, I bet those are continuing to fall, especially with the addition of exercise.

The only thing I'd wonder is this: if you added a Quest, are you having 2 restricteds/day? Quest bars fall into restricted category, except for 2 which are right on the line. For that extra packet, have you thought of adding one of the 80 calorie packets with low carbs?

I restarted IP 3 weeks ago with alternatives and it is progressing beautifully. I am going to start walking (moderate to brisk pace) for 45 min to an hour every day and may be add some light stretching. Should I be adding an extra packet (EAS shake in my case) after the exercise? I am asking only because it is not so intense and I do not want to go overboard as I would like to see the scale go down.
yes. add the extra packet after exercise.
There could be a slowdown anyway adding exercise (but it is good for you, do it!). Remember, the scale measures EVERYTHING so if we build some muscle while burning fat, the muscle weighs more. Keep very close attention to your measurements, which is what you should see continue to change faster than the scale.

sarita75
10-21-2013, 04:21 PM
Hi all. Just checking in to say Hello Hello! Examination is tomorrow, so back to the books for me. I have said it 1,000 times - I cannot wait for this exam to be over! Wish me luck!

PS: I ended up walking while studying on Friday and Sunday. Ended up walking about 14-15 miles total over those two days. Madness. But it felt amazing and was surprisingly effective!

dak1lls
10-21-2013, 04:33 PM
I had to post an updated picture. I was cleaning out my closet again and had kept many things in sizes I thought I could still wear, even if they were a little loose. I was so surprised by how big they are on me! This made may day because my perception lately has been that I am still heavier. I think I should keep some bigger clothes to try on from time to time for perspective. lol.

sarahBell
10-21-2013, 04:36 PM
I had to post an updated picture. I was cleaning out my closet again and had kept many things in sizes I thought I could still wear, even if they were a little loose. I was so surprised by how big they are on me! This made may day because my perception lately has been that I am still heavier. I think I should keep some bigger clothes to try on from time to time for perspective. lol.

I do not have much in the way of clothes (SHAM wear yoga/sweat pants 90% of the time) and what outside clothes I have fall off--even my pj bottoms will not stay on ROFL. Time for new pjs I guess :p

GettinHealthyNow
10-21-2013, 04:58 PM
I had to throw a wet towel in the dryer with all my "new" clothes to knock the wrinkles out of them.

See, the things you learn on this forum! It's not just about the diet...wet towel in the dryer is a new trick for me - I am definitely going to try that one, anything to avoid ironing....

Kathy

nalaroo
10-21-2013, 05:02 PM
Because I have the crappiest dryer on the planet I do the wet towel, wash cloth or sock thing all the time. It helps a lot.

Tried some clothes on yesterday that were too tight in April and they fell off!!!!

Beautsmc
10-21-2013, 05:05 PM
HELP! I need some motivation. I am doing great...in week 8 and inching my weigh towards 40 pounds....and the tape measure has barely moved..I am getting measurements this week (my coach will only do them once a month...basically she said I am so large that it is going to take a lot of weight for me to see a difference so she doesn't want me to get discouraged)...anyway, my question is for those that had a similar height and starting weight as me...when did you really start to see a difference and would you mind sharing what size you were and which sizes you went through and at approx what weight? I went from fat to pregnant to super fat...so I don't really own any proper fitting clothes at this point that I can put on to see exactly what size I am or see items of clothing getting looser on me...I need something to look forward to...the pounds are coming off but according to the coach...not a lot of inches :(

dak1lls
10-21-2013, 05:12 PM
I do not have much in the way of clothes (SHAM wear yoga/sweat pants 90% of the time) and what outside clothes I have fall off--even my pj bottoms will not stay on ROFL. Time for new pjs I guess :p

Sarah: I have a "uniform" I wear for work; black, navy, or grey slacks with whatever shirt I pick. My "at home" clothes consisted of Mom jeans or sweats, drawstring PJ bottoms, etc... and whatever shirt I picked. The shirts were generally long sleeved and loose fitting to cover my arms and tummy. Boy, who was I kidding! I did not pick clothing I liked at all, it was all about function and what I thought made me look the least fat.

Now, I am having so much fun wearing clothes I actually like! I had two goals to hit when I started IP (aside from the weight goal). I wished I could get to a point where I could wear Yoga pants in public and to wear a cute pair of "white" skinny jeans with a snug fitting cute t-shirt. It sounds silly, but those were my goals. (of course I want to be healthy and live long, etc...but I want to look good too!)

It is such a great feeling buying something new that you like and that fits. I am excited for you to experience this over & over as you continue to lose weight. WTG on the baggy clothes!

Meeshellee
10-21-2013, 05:30 PM
HELP! I need some motivation. I am doing great...in week 8 and inching my weigh towards 40 pounds....and the tape measure has barely moved..I am getting measurements this week (my coach will only do them once a month...basically she said I am so large that it is going to take a lot of weight for me to see a difference so she doesn't want me to get discouraged)...anyway, my question is for those that had a similar height and starting weight as me...when did you really start to see a difference and would you mind sharing what size you were and which sizes you went through and at approx what weight? I went from fat to pregnant to super fat...so I don't really own any proper fitting clothes at this point that I can put on to see exactly what size I am or see items of clothing getting looser on me...I need something to look forward to...the pounds are coming off but according to the coach...not a lot of inches :(

Although our heights are quite different, I can relate. The lack of inches I've lossed is seriously my biggest frusteration. Some weeks I even GAIN inches, but lose weight. I don't get it, but It's my understanding that there's some geometry involved here and once you get smaller the tape measure will really start to move more (although the scale movements may slow down). Hang in there and know you aren't alone.

GettinHealthyNow
10-21-2013, 05:31 PM

You look amazing! Thank you for the inspiration. I can't wait until I can do that with my big clothes. I cleaned out all my size 16-18's this weekend but think I will keep one or two for exactly this. What a feeling that must be :D

Beautsmc
10-21-2013, 05:41 PM
Although our heights are quite different, I can relate. The lack of inches I've lossed is seriously my biggest frusteration. Some weeks I even GAIN inches, but lose weight. I don't get it, but It's my understanding that there's some geometry involved here and once you get smaller the tape measure will really start to move more (although the scale movements may slow down). Hang in there and know you aren't alone.

Thanks for the encouragement. Would you mind sharing your measurements and clothing size with me? I have to order a few things and I don't even know where to start! I hate going in to clothing stores so I am doing it on line. According to the size charts they say I should be a 24/26 but I know I am not in that size...I think it's just because my hips are so much larger than the rest of me. My measurements are presently 41/37/53 but I have no clue what I started at (couldn't bear to look that day). I will find out Thurs how many inches I have lost so far.

amt6
10-21-2013, 05:45 PM
You look amazing! Thank you for the inspiration. I can't wait until I can do that with my big clothes. I cleaned out all my size 16-18's this weekend but think I will keep one or two for exactly this. What a feeling that must be :D

I kept one pair of big pants so that I always had a point of reference. I actually put on my size 18 work pants this morning and they would hardly stay up!

sonolady
10-21-2013, 06:05 PM
Congrats to all the losses and big will power!!!

Sarita Good on your exam!!!! You can and will do it and do it well!!!!!!!

Dak1lls Amazing dahling , amazing!!!

TOM extra hungry, cold and no scale moving ..grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I'm jealous of the warmth some of you are having, in for cold weather the end of the week here in New England.

Lisa My son is going to World Series game Thurs.....of course a Boston fan!!! Did you get your tickets?

lisa32989
10-21-2013, 06:28 PM
Lisa My son is going to World Series game Thurs.....of course a Boston fan!!! Did you get your tickets?
Yes! We are going Sunday. I had to buy cold-weather Cardinals gear. It is usually 90 degrees when I go to a ballgame.

jemma51
10-21-2013, 06:37 PM
First weigh in today at home. Lost 5.8lbs. and 5 inches. YAY.:carrot: I was supposed to weigh in tomorrow but, will be out of town. I am thrilled to have lost and am more motivated now to stick to it. It's going to be tough tomorrow because I will be at the hospital with my son who is having surgery. Trying to pack up some food to take with me.

sonolady
10-21-2013, 07:05 PM
First weigh in today at home. Lost 5.8lbs. and 5 inches. YAY.:carrot: I was supposed to weigh in tomorrow but, will be out of town. I am thrilled to have lost and am more motivated now to stick to it. It's going to be tough tomorrow because I will be at the hospital with my son who is having surgery. Trying to pack up some food to take with me.

Wooo hooo! Good for you!! Stick with it, IP works. Good luck to your son, hope all goes well!!

sonolady
10-21-2013, 07:05 PM
Yes! We are going Sunday. I had to buy cold-weather Cardinals gear. It is usually 90 degrees when I go to a ballgame.

Yes my son too! Its going to be very chilly!

cassieleeanne
10-21-2013, 07:39 PM
Good job! It is hard to get up soo early on Monday mornings. I woke up with a horrible stomach ache, so I decided no exercise until I feel better. I hope I can do some exercise tomorrow morning.

Hope you get feeling better, being sick is the worse!

kelseys928
10-21-2013, 07:41 PM
Hi all, I'm a newbie, have my 3rd weigh in Wednesday. Just looking for some inspiration you guys have all done so well! I had some serious thoughts of switching to a less restrictive plan but am now nervous the only way to lose weight is through ip!

Misstiff
10-21-2013, 07:43 PM
Need some input, do you phase off for vacation? I'm leaving Nov. 7th will be in Gatlinburg, Tn we usually do dollywood and Dixie stampede, and some other dinner theaters so I will not be able to special order.

jemma51
10-21-2013, 07:48 PM
Hi all, I'm a newbie, have my 3rd weigh in Wednesday. Just looking for some inspiration you guys have all done so well! I had some serious thoughts of switching to a less restrictive plan but am now nervous the only way to lose weight is through ip!

I'm new too. This diet although restrictive seems like it's going to finally work. I tried HCG and thought I would die. I also did adkins and gained 5lbs. I am encouraged byeveryones success here. Keep at it.

sonolady
10-21-2013, 07:49 PM

You can do it!! If we can stick with IP you can too! You need to make up your mind that its what you want to do and learn a new healthy way of eating. Its all about will power and better choices.

kelseys928
10-21-2013, 07:54 PM
You can do it!! If we can stick with IP you can too! You need to make up your mind that its what you want to do and learn a new healthy way of eating. Its all about will power and better choices.

Thank you! I think it's just that I have lost significant weight by making healthier choices and exercising before instead of having to be so strict that frustrates me. You guys are great inspiration though

claustin
10-21-2013, 08:01 PM
Hello Everyone,

I have a quick question. I tried searching for it and read the answers/post that came up but there is no definitive answer give.

I am wondering about Turkey Jerky, is it ok in any phase of IP?? This is the info on the back of the bag

Sold in 80g bags

per 1/4 pack (20g)
60 calories
fat 0.05
sodium 350mg
carbs 4g (0 fiber 3 sugar)
protein 9g

Just wondering if its allowed and if it is do you count the grams toward you meat protein amount? 80g doesn't sound like much....

Thanks!

kcdoe
10-21-2013, 08:19 PM
[QUOTE=slownsteady;4866899]Don't know what your coach will recommend, but when I slowed down for a couple of weeks in a row, my coach looked through my food journal and decided perhaps I wasn't taking in enough calories, and suggested either starting a restricted (daily as one of my 3 packets - I hadn't yet had any restricteds), - OR - adding a 4th packet every 3 days (remain with 3 packets on the other days). It did seem to 'shake things up' a little and I lost more the following week. I've been trying to do the same while on vacation, so we'll see the outcome next week when I weigh in after no weigh in for 3 weeks!

Slow steady thank you for the suggestions. My coach is on vacation so she had a fill in. I've heard of adding a restricted but not adding more ill try that thank you!! Lost 1.6 this week so more than the .06 last week. Hopefully with your suggestion I'll see more next week ;) good luck at your weigh in I'll be looking for the news ;)

IdealProteinNewbie
10-21-2013, 08:33 PM
Hello Everyone,

I have a quick question. I tried searching for it and read the answers/post that came up but there is no definitive answer give.

I am wondering about Turkey Jerky, is it ok in any phase of IP?? This is the info on the back of the bag

Sold in 80g bags

per 1/4 pack (20g)
60 calories
fat 0.05
sodium 350mg
carbs 4g (0 fiber 3 sugar)
protein 9g

Just wondering if its allowed and if it is do you count the grams toward you meat protein amount? 80g doesn't sound like much....

Thanks!

Not allowed.

If you look at the label there are 4 servings per bag so you have to quadruple all the stats which means it has 16 grams of carbs and 12 grams of sugar.

You could make homemade jerky if you wanted but you have to measure raw first and it shrinks down a lot.

claustin
10-21-2013, 08:39 PM
Not allowed.

If you look at the label there are 4 servings per bag so you have to quadruple all the stats which means it has 16 grams of carbs and 12 grams of sugar.

You could make homemade jerky if you wanted but you have to measure raw first and it shrinks down a lot.

Thank you!! I love jerky, but thought I would ask first :) My husband makes jerky in his smoker all the time but they usually soak in a brine for 24 hrs or brown sugar and maple syrup/honey so I think it would just be easier if I say its off limits. Thanks again!!

Sonyasbug
10-21-2013, 10:13 PM

I started at a size 22/24, 3X in scrubs. I had inches fall off but it didn't seem to change my size for some time. It wasn't until 50 lbs or so before people noticed and that I needed some new clothes. I wish I could remember the other size and weights but it seemed like I went through them very quick. It will happen. Trust the plan.

Meeshellee
10-21-2013, 10:34 PM
Thanks for the encouragement. Would you mind sharing your measurements and clothing size with me? I have to order a few things and I don't even know where to start! I hate going in to clothing stores so I am doing it on line. According to the size charts they say I should be a 24/26 but I know I am not in that size...I think it's just because my hips are so much larger than the rest of me. My measurements are presently 41/37/53 but I have no clue what I started at (couldn't bear to look that day). I will find out Thurs how many inches I have lost so far.

Currently I'm 46.5/48/51. When I started I was 49/48.5/54. I'm currently in a size 18.... But am close to a 16. How I could lose 50 lbs and only drop .5 in the waste is beyond me...

sarita75
10-21-2013, 11:45 PM

Wow!!!!!! Congrats!!

I started at a size 22/24, 3X in scrubs. I had inches fall off but it didn't seem to change my size for some time. It wasn't until 50 lbs or so before people noticed and that I needed some new clothes. I wish I could remember the other size and weights but it seemed like I went through them very quick. It will happen. Trust the plan.

That's an amazing transformation! Congrats!!

sarita75
10-21-2013, 11:54 PM
I have finally had a moment to stop and take updated photos. I was amazed this evening to compare my Day 1 v. Day 158 progress. Can't believe I am sharing Day 1 photos (yikes!!) but I hope it will serve as some inspiration.

Day 1 - 215.8
Day 158 - true unknown - no WI until Wed. and none last week. I suspect about 151.

dak1lls
10-22-2013, 12:34 AM
I have finally had a moment to stop and take updated photos. I was amazed this evening to compare my Day 1 v. Day 158 progress. Can't believe I am sharing Day 1 photos (yikes!!) but I hope it will serve as some inspiration.

Day 1 - 215.8
Day 158 - true unknown - no WI until Wed. and none last week. I suspect about 151.

Sarita, you look absolutely fan-freakin-tastic! So glad you posted the photos. Aren't you just tickled pink?

By the way, best of luck to you on your exam(s) tomorrow. You will do well....I just know it!

kcdoe
10-22-2013, 06:44 AM
Sarita you look awesome congrats!!!!!! Thank you for sharing !!!!

Sonyasbug
10-22-2013, 07:16 AM

Day 1 - 215.8

Wow. Great pic! You look fantastic, seems everything is tightening up very nicely. Good luck today.