Ideal Protein Diet - IP Daily Chat Friday 10/18/2013

View Full Version : IP Daily Chat Friday 10/18/2013

lisa32989
10-18-2013, 06:05 AM
:welcome2:
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/243142-have-question-about-ip-read-here-first-before-posting-question.html): Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
(http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-exercise-other-important-threads.html)and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/4701599-post49.html)

NOTE: Attached files in stickies (and elsewhere) have been nonfunctional for the past few weeks. Admin are a aware of the problem & it has been reported to tech support. Links to Googledocs have been added for protocol sheets until technical issues are resolved

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/221536-real-cost-cheating-ideal-protein.html)

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/261885-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow.html)
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/268669-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow-volumn-2-a.html)
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/212175-fun-ideal-protein-packets.html)
Fun with Veggie Purees! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/264231-fun-veggie-purees.html)
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/273856-ideal-protein-diet-recipes-4-a.html)
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/270950-ideal-protein-tips-recipes-incredible-weight-loss-center.html)

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html) for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/3427715-post155.html) Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/).

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19)

CrystalWolf
10-18-2013, 06:37 AM
Happy Friday IPers! Lovely to see you in that gorgeous dress this morning Lisa. Have a great weekend, stay strong everyone.:dust:

kcdoe
10-18-2013, 06:52 AM
Good morning need some help from maintenance folks!! My friend is in maintenance and wants to do two things occasionally utilize some of the IP food and incorporate more food and carbs in because she has a trainer who wants to put her on a vigorous exercise routine. Any IP maintainers out there that can relate and advise?

I LOVE THIS PROGRAM but they drop the ball for the maintenance support at least my coach does!

Thanks guys hoping you can help

lisa32989
10-18-2013, 06:57 AM
kcdoe: you might want to ask that question in the maintainers thread

kcdoe
10-18-2013, 07:05 AM
Thank you Lisa I'll copy it there ;)

KareVT
10-18-2013, 08:00 AM
Happy Friday IPers! Lovely to see you in that gorgeous dress this morning Lisa. Have a great weekend, stay strong everyone.:dust:

Happy Friday to you too, CrystalWolf, Lisa & Lovely IPers:D

We made it, just need to make it through a 8-9 hr work day and we can enjoy the weekend, whew!

Last night I went to my friends place for a Wrap Party. Has anyone ever heard of them? She invited a bunch of women over, tons of wine, cider w/ rum, hors d'oeuvres and then the evening is based around this supposed "magical" wrap that you place around your troubled area(s) for 2 hours and it's supposed to reduce inches (after at least 3 separate uses) around the troubled area. The wrap is infused with a ton of herbal remedies: eucalyptus, menthol and who knows what else, that is supposed to shrink your fat cells. I don't believe it in the least, I went more so to be social.

Thankfully, I ate dinner before I went and they had plenty of seltzer. Otherwise, there was a beautiful cheese board, tapenade with mini melba toast, shrimp with lemon drizzled on top and cocktail sauce on the side, crab cakes (store bought), mini spring rolls and some other scrumptious offerings.

The ladies were quite impressed that I didn't stray off plan. The woman who was selling The Wrap thought she had me where she wanted me and tried to sell me all of these magical fat burning pills and calorie buster pills, etc. I just took the information in with a smile, knowing full well that I wasn't going to fall prey to this nonsense and simply had fun with it.

It was tough, I was the heaviest one there amongst young women who had tiny frames and who all watched their figures but man, could they indulge once they had a glass or two of wine (I could too but thankfully I was not tempted).

Anyway... I woke up today and don't believe I've lost any inches from The Wrap however, I owe it all to our plan. And, I am reminded once again that I am happy that I am losing weight my way and not falling into these little money making traps that surround us.. IP WORKS!

Cheers Everyone and chat more over the weekend :sunny:

airportchick11
10-18-2013, 08:30 AM

We made it, just need to make it through a 8-9 hr work day and we can enjoy the weekend, whew

It was tough, I was the heaviest one there amongst young women who had tiny frames and who all watched their figures but man, could they indulge once they had a glass or two of wine (I could too but thankfully I was not tempted).

Anyway... I woke up today and don't believe I've lost any inches from The Wrap however, I owe it all to our plan. And, I am reminded once again that I am happy that I am losing weight my way and not falling into these little money making traps that surround us.. IP WORKS!

What a victory!! I can completely relate! I am surrounded by smaller women at my work. I was craving bad yesterday and actually took a photo of the thin girl next to me pounding down a restaurant ordered mac n cheese. I had nowhere else to go but right next to her. It was hard, but doable. I just kept telling myself what would happen if I ate it. She had asked me if I wanted a 'bite'. I just laughed, I've never had A 'bite' of anything. Anywho...cheers to us..to temptation..and to success!!

Deana509
10-18-2013, 08:31 AM
Good morning!
I ordered my food for a month, and I was slightly disappointed, I was so looking forward to making "Reese Pieces" with the Peanut butter Puffs and the Chocolate puffs, but they were sold out of the PB ones... oh well, no big deal I suppose... I just hope my order arrives over the weekend since I'm out of the supplements....
I weighed in this morning, and had lost 1.4lbs this week, a little sad that it has slowed down from the past 4 weeks of what seemed like huge loses, but it's still moving in the negative direction so I am happy :)
TGIF!

lilkel244
10-18-2013, 08:34 AM
Awesome job Kare! Snack-y foods are my biggest downfall! I work up this morning feeling good. I am an everyday weigher and I have been hovering around 186-185 this past week, this morning 184.2! I love seeing new weights that I haven't seen in a long time! The 170's are going to be a huge one for me, I can't tell you the last time I have been in them, the last few diet attempts I would get into the 180's and stop. I am also wearing smaller pants today (14's!) and a large top, very exciting. I am going to philly this weekend to see my sister in law with my husband, I am super excited but nervous, they don't know I am on IP yet, and I am sure they have lots of plans for us, but I will stay on plan! When I officially (IP office weigh in) hit 182 I get my first "prize" for myself, the Urban Decay Naked eye shadow Pallet, and I want it to be next Mondays weigh in! That means this weekend I must must must stay exactly OP the whole time!

We made it, just need to make it through a 8-9 hr work day and we can enjoy the weekend, whew!

Last night I went to my friends place for a Wrap Party. Has anyone ever heard of them? She invited a bunch of women over, tons of wine, cider w/ rum, hors d'oeuvres and then the evening is based around this supposed "magical" wrap that you place around your troubled area(s) for 2 hours and it's supposed to reduce inches (after at least 3 separate uses) around the troubled area. The wrap is infused with a ton of herbal remedies: eucalyptus, menthol and who knows what else, that is supposed to shrink your fat cells. I don't believe it in the least, I went more so to be social.

Thankfully, I ate dinner before I went and they had plenty of seltzer. Otherwise, there was a beautiful cheese board, tapenade with mini melba toast, shrimp with lemon drizzled on top and cocktail sauce on the side, crab cakes (store bought), mini spring rolls and some other scrumptious offerings.

The ladies were quite impressed that I didn't stray off plan. The woman who was selling The Wrap thought she had me where she wanted me and tried to sell me all of these magical fat burning pills and calorie buster pills, etc. I just took the information in with a smile, knowing full well that I wasn't going to fall prey to this nonsense and simply had fun with it.

nalaroo
10-18-2013, 09:04 AM
Good morning!
I ordered my food for a month, and I was slightly disappointed, I was so looking forward to making "Reese Pieces" with the Peanut butter Puffs and the Chocolate puffs, but they were sold out of the PB ones... oh well, no big deal I suppose... I just hope my order arrives over the weekend since I'm out of the supplements....
I weighed in this morning, and had lost 1.4lbs this week, a little sad that it has slowed down from the past 4 weeks of what seemed like huge loses, but it's still moving in the negative direction so I am happy :)
TGIF!

Nashua Nutrition has peanut caramel puffs.

CrystalWolf
10-18-2013, 09:06 AM

Way to stay on plan KareVT, I think that victorious feeling is so much better than indulging in the snacks could ever feel!

I am going to philly this weekend to see my sister in law with my husband, I am super excited but nervous, they don't know I am on IP yet, and I am sure they have lots of plans for us, but I will stay on plan! When I officially (IP office weigh in) hit 182 I get my first "prize" for myself, the Urban Decay Naked eye shadow Pallet, and I want it to be next Mondays weigh in! That means this weekend I must must must stay exactly OP the whole time!
Likel, you will do great this weekend, I found people to be very happy to accommodate my needs. Then you can enjoy your prize!

Beautsmc
10-18-2013, 09:54 AM
Stepped on scale this morning and down 1.5 pounds after a 2 week stall. hoping things have started up a bit...if not and diet tweaking doesn't help, I will be getting a good thyroid work up at the docs like Lisa suggested. I guess if you look at the total weight loss over the last 7 weeks, it's not that bad...but I would have thought being so very heavy it would just fall off.

nolasmurf
10-18-2013, 10:05 AM
Well it's my Monday(start of my work week) hopefully it will be a good one. Will have my daughter home with me all next week, gonna have to actually cook for her and sweetie. It will be a busy week! During the school year she lives with her grandparents but they are traveling to close on a piece of property they bought in Tx. She's 16 so it's usually pretty easy to please her food wise and she makes good choices!

lisa32989
10-18-2013, 10:09 AM
Stepped on scale this morning and down 1.5 pounds after a 2 week stall. hoping things have started up a bit...if not and diet tweaking doesn't help, I will be getting a good thyroid work up at the docs like Lisa suggested. I guess if you look at the total weight loss over the last 7 weeks, it's not that bad...but I would have thought being so very heavy it would just fall off.
Yay for scale movement!
It isn't really a stall unless the measuring tape stalls too.
I always used Dr Atkins definition of a stall, which was at least 4 weeks but more like 6 (ugh!!!!)
I understand you expect weight to fall off. It does for most people. But we are all different and have different "stuff" going on. This is why it is essential that we not compare ourselves with each other (so hard!).
I would suggest checking with your doctor anyway.

Beautsmc
10-18-2013, 10:37 AM
Yay for scale movement!
It isn't really a stall unless the measuring tape stalls too.
I always used Dr Atkins definition of a stall, which was at least 4 weeks but more like 6 (ugh!!!!)
I understand you expect weight to fall off. It does for most people. But we are all different and have different "stuff" going on. This is why it is essential that we not compare ourselves with each other (so hard!).
I would suggest checking with your doctor anyway.

I will check with my doc just to be sure everything is well.
I guess it's not just that I expect it to fall off...but if you consider the calories my body needs just to function at this weight, it boggles my mind that an 800 or so calorie a day diet doesn't make it fall off...If I can eat next to nothing for 2 weeks and only lose a pound or 2 after the large amounts of high calorie food my body was used to, I better contact Unisef or something...because there must be something in my DNA that can help put an end to world starvation! :D

emsmom97
10-18-2013, 10:38 AM
I guess it's not just that I expect it to fall off...but if you consider the calories my body needs just to function at this weight, it boggles my mind that an 800 or so calorie a day diet doesn't make it fall off...If I can eat next to nothing for 2 weeks and only lose a pound or 2 after the large amounts of high calorie food my body was used to, I better contact Unisef or something...because there must be something in my DNA that can help put an end to world starvation! :D

Me too! I'm sure between the two of us, we could end all sorts of hunger issues.;)

GettinHealthyNow
10-18-2013, 10:47 AM
Good morning - just want to say thank you to all of you on this board. Reading your posts keeps me focused on the program and what I'm trying to achieve. Almost six weeks in, which is about the longest I've been able to stick to any one program and finding myself getting a little antsy - if I wasn't on these boards (too much all day at work) I suspect I'd be straying. Thank you.

Kathy

theEguarantee
10-18-2013, 10:51 AM
Anyone else give their selves a little pat on the back when updating your ticker and/or current weight on your user CP? I just love logging in and changing those numbers almost everyday. Down over 65lbs now! I'm hoping to lose another 5 in the next 2 weeks! How incredible to get the chance to say- I lost 70 pounds in 5 months, thanks to Ideal Protein. wow. I am in awe of this program & encourage everyone to keep going even when it gets hard!! Its soooo worth it!!! :D

GettinHealthyNow
10-18-2013, 10:54 AM
Anyone else give their selves a little pat on the back when updating your ticker and/or current weight on your user CP? I just love logging in and changing those numbers almost everyday. Down over 65lbs now! I'm hoping to lose another 5 in the next 2 weeks! How incredible to get the chance to say- I lost 70 pounds in 5 months, thanks to Ideal Protein. wow. I am in awe of this program & encourage everyone to keep going even when it gets hard!! Its soooo worth it!!! :D

See? Posts like this are EXACTLY what keeps me going. Thank you :D

Beautsmc
10-18-2013, 10:55 AM
Me too! I'm sure between the two of us, we could end all sorts of hunger issues.;)

Haha! Seriously!! Glad I am not alone...are you a "slower loser" as well?
How long have you been on IP now?

lisa32989
10-18-2013, 11:05 AM
LOL! I'm sorta feeling that way about this long stall I'm experiencing. Thyroid & other hormones can really be powerful

I truly expected to be at goal long before now

schenectady
10-18-2013, 11:15 AM

Great congratulations on staying firm - on several levels, you had some real challenges last night and handled them well. I hope you feel much much better for having been successful at staying OP - a better feeling than a magic wrap could ever do!

I met with my daughter for shoe shopping yesterday as a treat for her since she has lost 50 pounds on IP. I had been struggling with keeping on the program and seeing her kicked me right back into place! What a great thing it was to find inspiration when I needed it most. She was what got me going on this program and she was able to help me when I needed it most.

She looked so great in her skinny jeans so we got a great pair of knee high boots with heels - she was so excited to be able to get a pair of boots over her previously large calf - it was so cute. Onwards I go....

sarahBell
10-18-2013, 11:24 AM
Well this AM is my weigh in and I dropped another 2.4lbs!!!!

The inches are starting to drop faster than the weight!!!!! My "bat wings" a.k.a arm flab is shrinking :p

I will celebrate a 2.4 loss. Maybe next week I drop 4lbs ROFL!

NSV lastnight I did not eat any pizza.

nolasmurf
10-18-2013, 11:26 AM
NSV - size 16 "London" fit (skinny) slacks are getting loose! :D
I'd been avoiding these because they are a slimmer fit but today I gave them a chance. Sure enough they are loose all the way around! This was a surprise because according to the coach yesterday I'd gained 2 inches in my waist. HA!

Day 1 of no coach and a 50/50 IP products and alts. Hope everyone has a great weekend.
:dance:

sarahBell
10-18-2013, 11:42 AM
NSV - size 16 "London" fit (skinny) slacks are getting loose! :D
I'd been avoiding these because they are a slimmer fit but today I gave them a chance. Sure enough they are loose all the way around! This was a surprise because according to the coach yesterday I'd gained 2 inches in my waist. HA!

Day 1 of no coach and a 50/50 IP products and alts. Hope everyone has a great weekend.
:dance:

You go girl!!! I need some new pants and tops. My pants are waaay too big

PurpleMomster
10-18-2013, 12:26 PM

Yup and stories like this are what keeps me going :D

Morning/Afternoon all! Headed into work early today (my son has the day off) as I'm on the board of my work's charitable fund and we are doing a cookie day today. Yes, free fresh, homemade chocolate chip cookies...and I don't want a single taste! We are getting some new people signed up so that's good.

My son has a hockey practice after work tonight so I'll be snacking on peppers and cucumbers at the rink until we can get home for supper. Beats the popcorn and fries I would have had before.

Busy weekend ahead - new bed for my son being delivered tomorrow, another hockey practice then a hockey parents' party Saturday night. My ex is supposed to come over to put on my winter tires and do an oil change on my car (his winter tires are stored in my garage so this is his "storage fee"!) on Sunday with another hockey practice in the late afternoon. Wow, reading that it feels like all I do is hang out at the hockey rink :o

Anyway - happy Friday all!

Jo

Deana509
10-18-2013, 12:29 PM

The inches are starting to drop faster than the weight!!!!! My "bat wings" a.k.a arm flab is shrinking :p

I will celebrate a 2.4 loss. Maybe next week I drop 4lbs ROFL!

Congrats!

cassieleeanne
10-18-2013, 12:30 PM
Happy Friday everyone, hoping for an awesome weekend!!

coffeebean
10-18-2013, 12:53 PM
I had the best IP treat, had to share. I mixed a cappuccino IP drink with my water, heated it. Used a Bigelow pumpkin spice tea bag with 4 ounces of water, made hot tea. Mixed this with the cappuccino and added 1 T fat free sugar free carmel flavoring. Made my day.

Prairie Chicken
10-18-2013, 12:54 PM

I love the irony of having wine an calorie-un-conscious hors d'oeuvres at a wrap party where they are trying to sell you their product and weight reduction voodoo!

Prairie Chicken
10-18-2013, 12:58 PM
I better contact Unisef or something...because there must be something in my DNA that can help put an end to world starvation! :D

Bahaha!!!!

ecdcslim
10-18-2013, 01:04 PM
All - need some guidance please. In 5 weeks, I'll be going to South America with a group of friends for a 13 day trip. It's a 'tour' with 1-2 meals a day included. We'll spend a lot of time in a bus traveling from one site to another. So, I WANT to stay on program. But I'm concerned about the veggies. I can bring tuna (I don't eat meat) and can ask for eggs, but eating raw veg in a 3rd world country... Also don't know if steamed zucchini, cauliflower or broccoli is even an option. Has anyone dealt with this kind of stuff before? Any ideas? I'm not quite sure my coach is equipped to address this. Thanks.

ReenHag
10-18-2013, 01:04 PM
Checking in really quickly from class today. I am noticing that my nose is so freaking cold today! I am aware that following the IP Protocol can make you chilly, and I am on thyroid meds (synthroid) every day. Being in week 7, this is new to me. Any thoughts? I am afraid it is gonna fall off! LOL

sarahBell
10-18-2013, 01:14 PM
All - need some guidance please. In 5 weeks, I'll be going to South America with a group of friends for a 13 day trip. It's a 'tour' with 1-2 meals a day included. We'll spend a lot of time in a bus traveling from one site to another. So, I WANT to stay on program. But I'm concerned about the veggies. I can bring tuna (I don't eat meat) and can ask for eggs, but eating raw veg in a 3rd world country... Also don't know if steamed zucchini, cauliflower or broccoli is even an option. Has anyone dealt with this kind of stuff before? Any ideas? I'm not quite sure my coach is equipped to address this. Thanks.

I can give you some advice on eating raw veggies in a developing country. I know first hand what can happen when you eat them with out really cleaning them with boiled or bottled water!! I would in all honestly avoid anything raw in the veggie areas even lettuce. If you can get them steamed our sautéed when you eat then that is better. BUT you have to be so careful when you eat them because they are cooked with tap water that may or may not be boiled and you do NOT want to get sick.

My hubby is from Pakistan and I will attest the consequences of eating raw veggies from a 3rd world country the results are not fun!!!! They use chemicals and stuff that can be lethal to ppl but is used as fertilizer so please try to avoid raw at all costs, unless the place you eat is very modern in it's way of preparing food!

HTH

emsmom97
10-18-2013, 02:00 PM
Haha! Seriously!! Glad I am not alone...are you a "slower loser" as well?
How long have you been on IP now?

On any other diet I've tried, I'm a non-existent loser. On here, I'm doing ok, but am only in week 2. I'm hoping things drop steady and quick, but realistically I know that my body loves holding on to everything. I guess anything it gives up is a victory!

lisa32989
10-18-2013, 02:27 PM

This is a situation where you will have no kitchen or food control.
I would properly phase off and do my best to maintain while gone. You know how to avoid excessive carb consumption. This is what will pack the lbs back on the fastest.
If you can take some quest bars, I'd pack them. If not, don't worry about it. You never know when a protein bar might be a better option than what you are offered.
Pick a date for return to p1 on your return (one person picked "wheels down")

Most of all, enjoy your trip without additional stress.

sarahBell
10-18-2013, 03:15 PM
This is a situation where you will have no kitchen or food control.
I would properly phase off and do my best to maintain while gone. You know how to avoid excessive carb consumption. This is what will pack the lbs back on the fastest.
If you can take some quest bars, I'd pack them. If not, don't worry about it. You never know when a protein bar might be a better option than what you are offered.
Pick a date for return to p1 on your return (one person picked "wheels down")

Most of all, enjoy your trip without additional stress.

I agree with Lisa!!

You can also pack some packets too just in case you do have a microwave in your hotel room (bring your own bowl!) but bring your quest or snacks if you can. I hope you have fun on your trip :)

ecdcslim
10-18-2013, 03:40 PM
Sarahbell & Lisa:

Thanks. Can I just live on packets and bars/quest bars? Bottled water shouldn't be an issue. The raw veg will be the only thing I'd definitely avoid. When you 'phase off' what does that look like? I've tried looking it up but can't find the info in this forum. There's got to be a way I can stay on it and broaden my vegetable options (ie go off plan just with veggies, end up eating some cooked green beans, lentils, beans, etc.)? Yes, I'm panicking cause this is working and I don't want to stop argh.....

ReenHag
10-18-2013, 03:55 PM
Well it's my Monday(start of my work week) hopefully it will be a good one. Will have my daughter home with me all next week, gonna have to actually cook for her and sweetie. It will be a busy week! During the school year she lives with her grandparents but they are traveling to close on a piece of property they bought in Tx. She's 16 so it's usually pretty easy to please her food wise and she makes good choices!

Enjoy your time with your daughter! I loved that age as my daughter was going through it. Twenty, however, is not as much fun LOL

WTG on your scale victory and NSV! Keep it up!

When you 'phase off' what does that look like? I've tried looking it up but can't find the info in this forum...

Try these documents. http://www.erichsenwellness.com/ideal-protein-documents/ They may help you understand the phases. However, you are leaving so soon that you'd have to phase off more quickly. Enjoy your trip!

So thrilled that it is Friday and the class i had to take for work is OVER! It was so boring and useless. (I am sure some fellow teachers out there can relate to ineffective professional development...ugh)

Here's to a great weekend for all! My WI is Sunday, and I am hoping to see the 150's; last Sunday, I hit 160 on the nose!

~Renee

sarahBell
10-18-2013, 04:20 PM
Sarahbell & Lisa:

Thanks. Can I just live on packets and bars/quest bars? Bottled water shouldn't be an issue. The raw veg will be the only thing I'd definitely avoid. When you 'phase off' what does that look like? I've tried looking it up but can't find the info in this forum. There's got to be a way I can stay on it and broaden my vegetable options (ie go off plan just with veggies, end up eating some cooked green beans, lentils, beans, etc.)? Yes, I'm panicking cause this is working and I don't want to stop argh.....

Where is SA will you be? Depending on where you are at, the cities you will see can help you decide what you can and cannot have. Lentils are a no no on Ph1. But if you speak the language you can ask for your veggies to be steamed or par boiled to al dente` (sp??). You may not be able to survive on packets alone LOL. You can get chicken, or lamb grilled or fire roasted that is made with dry spices for a marinade/rub. Sometimes the best food can be street food granted you are careful! Hopefully you tour will land in a place where the food is grilled (think of the Country of Turkey where they have massive long grilled with season meat grilling almost NO fat on it and HEAVEN!!). I think if they offer grilled meat then have at it. Veggies asked for boiled or steamed (but ask if they have been properly washed first).

I bring FIT with me on our overseas trips (well I use too) but not anymore LOL. I would check out the places you are visiting and do a bit of research on the food, restaurants and street food. Also look at the produce availability too. Going over seas takes careful planning in more ways that you can think. And the food and drink aspect is a big one due to getting sick from the water, contaminated food or improperly washed food/prepared food. Good Luck and post pics if you can!

Annik
10-18-2013, 04:46 PM
Good morning!
TGIF!

Deana,

Good work! If you are sticking to programme, your body is always making adjustments along the way. As has been said somewhere else on these boards, weight loss does not happen in a linear fashion.

In my journey, I have had some big weeks, some slow weeks and some nothing weeks. But over the last few months, the trend has been overall continuously downward.

Keep going. Let your body take the time it needs to make its adjustments. You are moving in the right direction. Stick to the programme and you will see some more swooshes!

sending love,
Annik

sonolady
10-18-2013, 05:30 PM
TGIF!!! Congrats to the scale movers and NSV's! It has been a busy week and a bit under the weather.

Just wanted to say hello....... off to make dinner for DH, the dogs and then me.

Not 2 old 4 skinny
10-18-2013, 07:28 PM
Hi all, down just 1.4 lb this week but still losingand hit 140's so am happy about that. Arrived in Korea last night for 12 days. Ugh, vacations are hard. Will try to just maintain. Brought powdere drink mix and bars. Then will get back OP when we get home. Good luck to all, keep losing 👍.

MidgieMoon
10-18-2013, 08:30 PM
Wow, IPers are going global! I am heaing to Honduras in 3 weeks and ha the conversation toay with my coach. Given that I have lost a lot of weight, we decided I should bring my packets and bars an "make good choices" to stay on phase rather than ohase off and start again. I have an appointment with her the ay after I get home to WI and get back on track.

On top of that, they asked me if I wanted to be a coach when I get through the program, in 22 pounds. I guess I must do it well... Something to think about....

Bon voyage an happy trails!

Zictory75
10-18-2013, 09:06 PM
Well huge victory at wi today!!!! Down 7.2 lbs! Think I have a temporary handle on the constipation issue... Although it is clear that the soy and I do not like each other much.... But so nice to be be back on track!!!! Great weekend to all.

Tuscany123
10-18-2013, 09:47 PM
I had the best IP treat, had to share. I mixed a cappuccino IP drink with my water, heated it. Used a Bigelow pumpkin spice tea bag with 4 ounces of water, made hot tea. Mixed this with the cappuccino and added 1 T fat free sugar free carmel flavoring. Made my day.

This sounds delish!!! I can't wait to try it for myself!!

sarita75
10-18-2013, 10:12 PM
Good evening all. Today I have been studying all day in advance of the examination. I feel strong about it, which is nice. Am finishing up after posting and then am going to watch some TV and go to bed. Start again tomorrow.

I took my flashcards (on my phone, via an app - really cool) and went for a long walk today around SF's Golden Gate Park. It was really just a stroll, but I enjoyed it. I walked 7 miles, studying, mumbling to myself. I stopped for a hot tea and a relax in the De Young Art Museum's courtyard, surrounded by art. It was a very nice way to study.

Tonight, the boyfriend invited me to Thanksgiving at his parents in AZ. I was going to meet his family in April in St. Maarten, but now the meeting date is being moved up. I am very excited and nervous. :)

Big Question! - what IP foods do peeps take on the plane? I wasn't planning on checking baggage but need to have food on my flight next Friday (8+ hour flight). Thoughts? Thanks!

dak1lls
10-19-2013, 01:27 AM
Good evening all. Today I have been studying all day in advance of the examination. I feel strong about it, which is nice. Am finishing up after posting and then am going to watch some TV and go to bed. Start again tomorrow.

I took my flashcards (on my phone, via an app - really cool) and went for a long walk today around SF's Golden Gate Park. It was really just a stroll, but I enjoyed it. I walked 7 miles, studying, mumbling to myself. I stopped for a hot tea and a relax in the De Young Art Museum's courtyard, surrounded by art. It was a very nice way to study.

Tonight, the boyfriend invited me to Thanksgiving at his parents in AZ. I was going to meet his family in April in St. Maarten, but now the meeting date is being moved up. I am very excited and nervous. :)

Big Question! - what IP foods do peeps take on the plane? I wasn't planning on checking baggage but need to have food on my flight next Friday (8+ hour flight). Thoughts? Thanks!

I recently traveled to AZ and took some bars, protidiet bbq soy puffs, and a baggie of sliced jicama sprinkled with cinnamon and splenda. I also had a couple of hard boiled eggs and dill pickles in another baggie. It seemed to work well but my flight was not as long.

lisa32989
10-19-2013, 01:37 AM
Sarahbell & Lisa:

All of the phases are in the sticky thread. I put attachments there. If they are still broken, there is also a link to Google docs with all of the a phase sheets. But your coach should provide you with the info. You ARE paying for it!

No RTDs...(the liquids won't get thru TSA). Packets and your shaker. I bought a Brita bottle so I could fill it at drinking fountains without paying airport prices for bottled water. Celery travels well. So do bell pepper strips if it is a 1-day trip.

65X65
10-19-2013, 06:45 AM

Sarita- Thinking of you and sending good vibes for your exams.:hug: You have worked so hard at so much for months now...it is almost over and you deserve a real block of time with family, days away and time to celebrate all you have done! It's right around the corner! Don't know you except on this board, but honestly feel like you are one of my sisters or daughters and really really hope the next few days go well, and you can relax at last!

As for the air travel, as you probably know I do plenty of that visiting my sisters (4 of them) and daughters (2 of them)... on a regular basis

I take packets and shaker in my carry on bag. My family picks up EAS drinks at Walmart or where ever and there is a quick supply ready and waiting for me in both the kitchen and guest room when I arrive. Simple! It makes being away in that setting stress free. My daughters know what select veggies I like and need now and they get lettuce and the veggies for salad that are on my list and make sure there is enough frozen spinach and broccoli and cauli, and eggs on hand when I arrive too in case we run out of something and have more important activities on the day's agenda than going to the store!! Initially when I began IP, I asked them to pick up enough for the first day or two for me. My family was supportive and it made it easy being at their homes, and staying "On Plan". Also I picked up a bag of the plain "perdue perfect portions" boneless chicken breasts individually wrapped and frozen, and a bag of frozen shrimp once I got there, so no matter what the family wanted to eat, I had a ready stash of protein I could quickly fix if needed. (Turned out I did not ever need to use those because of that situation. All dinners were IP appropriate, since every one loves steak or grilled fish or pork loins...etc.) You'll be fine...just plan for when your neices and nephews want pizza or spaghetti...and you will come back happy you were able to stay OP! The worst that can happen is no one can go to the store ahead of time for you...so being assertive about needing to make a run as soon as you get settled should be no different, and just as important, as someone else traveling with a young child that needs to get special things stocked once they arrive.

Have a wonderful well deserved romp :bravo: with all of your loved ones...roll on the floor..skip down the sidewalk...talk way into the night with your mom and laugh a lot!:jig:
kathie