100 lb. Club - 100 Day Challenge - Start 10/19/13

BuffieLynn
10-18-2013, 02:07 AM
Hi,

I want to challenge myself to a 100 day challenge. I would LOVE to be in Onederland at the end of my 100 days(ambitious, I know). I have been so encouraged by the support around here.

I am looking for others who want to join in. Please forgive me if this isn't the right process to post a challenge. If I need to make changes or go another route please feel free to correct me.

So for the challenge:

- Daily/weekly check-ins whatever works for you.
- Weekly weigh ins.
- Support and sharing of tips and tricks.
- 100 days will be January 25th.

I am too new for a ticker but here's my basics:

39 yo with 3 kids ages(17,16,12). 1 AMAZING hubby that spoils me and is on this fat loss journey with me. We have Rhett Bulter our chocolate lab. I am a medical practice manager and full-time student.

I have been over weight for...since birth! I am following an alternative Ideal Protein plan. The holidays are my biggest fear. But, I know we can do it.

So come Saturday morning I will repost with my stats as we begin our 100 days. Please join me...I for one need the support! :D

BuffieLynn
10-19-2013, 03:04 AM
Welcome Rebelle! I will do my weigh in tomorrow. Happy to have you on this journey with me!

Lily Wu
10-19-2013, 01:57 PM
I'm in. I have to change my life style. It causes me to gain so much weight, my BMI is 28. I hope this challenge could bring me to ideal weight, bellow 25

BuffieLynn
10-19-2013, 02:16 PM
Welcome Lily Wu!

In reading some other challenges I wasn't sure that I was able to join in at anytime so I didn't. To clarify our challenge up front...feel free to join in at anytime! For me it is more about the support and encouragement. I really believe that is the intent with all challenges and I am sure all would allow you to join at anytime. so don't be like me, just jump in where you are.

10/19: 235 (-1)
10/26
11/2
11/9
11/16
11/23
11/30
12/7
12/14
12/21
12/28
1/4
1/11
1/18
1/25*****100th Day!

RedRosie
10-20-2013, 01:17 PM
I'm in!

I too could use the accountability as I start my (seemingly) millionth attempt to lose some weight and keep it off. A challenge seems like just the thing!

Bon voyage, all!

10/20 269.8
1/25 Finish line

calgaryjetgirl
10-20-2013, 01:33 PM
This sounds like a great challenge count me in! I've been dancing too close to the 200 mark for too long now and motivation has always been the challenge for me.

I'm trying to approach this a bit like I did when I quit smoking....I don't want to do this again so I going to get it done this time :carrot:

Already on week one a challenge has been thrown my way, husbands birthday and his parents want to go for dinner. We will be encouraging them to go to a steak house (tons in Calgary thankfully) because steak I can do and then its just requesting the right veggies rather than the filler stuff they want to throw in.

I can do this and so can you :D

Only Believe
10-20-2013, 01:54 PM
Good luck everyone!

JenteIsving
10-20-2013, 08:18 PM
Hey there! If you still have room, I'd like to join in.

This challenge has just the perfect time frame for me, so thanks for starting it, BuffieLynn! :)
I have some important projects coming up that will span over several months, and every time something like this happens I seem to all but forget about this "weight loss thing" I've got going on and "just" maintain the current weight (which is something I'm deeply grateful for, don't get me wrong, but I'd like to try and continue on the weight loss path I'm on...). It seems like I can either concentrate on one or the other, never on both at the same time. That's at least how it worked the last couple of times, maybe this challenge can help me break the pattern?
And then, of course, there's the holidays. Which I have no strategy for. Even though I've been on this weight loss journey since February 2012, so this is technically my second holiday season. But, you see, last year I was too heavy for our - admittedly ancient - scale (there, I said it :o ), so I have no idea how I did. Not too well, I imagine ;)
Let's just say I'm a teensy bit nervous.

Um, I'm rambling. Again. Sorry. :o
I still haven't decided on any specific goal weight, but I'd love to not be overweight (for the first time ever) ;)
I've had a look at some of those BMI tables, and right now that would mean I have to lose somewhere between 30 and 35 lbs. Now, that seems ambitious! So I guess I'll go for a cautious 10 to 15 lbs - and do a happy dance for any additional pound I might lose :D
I usually weigh in every day and update my stats whenever there is anything to update. For this challenge, though, I think I'll go with the Sunday weight, at least "officially".

So, um, yeah:

10/20: 176.5

(Sorry if I'm oversharing. Can you tell that this is my first challenge ever? ;) )

BuffieLynn
10-21-2013, 01:46 AM
Welcome RedRosie, CalgaryJetGirl, Only Believe and JenteIsving!

Glad to have you ALL aboard; it's never too late to join ...well until day 101 :dizzy:

Only Believe, we are right there together. Let's get to onederland for this challenge!

JenteIsving, no worries on over sharing! I have a very open book type too. ;) I am so inspired by the progress you have already made! And holidays appear to be a common theme among us...so we will all have to plan together!

CalgaryJetGirl, I had a similar challenge during our first week too. Thankfully, those with me ensured we were had dinner where meat and veggies was an option for me! It worked out well. I did pretty well, considering THEY had dessert! I declined and had peace about it.:carrot:

Have a great week all! I will keep checking is daily. It may be late due to my juggling of work, kids and college but, I'll touch base soon:hug:

~b

BuffieLynn
10-21-2013, 01:48 AM
RedRosie, this is the perfect challenge for us both if the millionth club is in play...I too have tried and tried. But, we are done try'in we're DO'IN!!

Great to have you aboard! Best of luck this week!

~b

JenteIsving
10-21-2013, 07:27 PM
JenteIsving, no worries on over sharing! I have a very open book type too. ;) I am so inspired by the progress you have already made! And holidays appear to be a common theme among us...so we will all have to plan together!

Thank you! :)
Would you believe that I'm actually something of a "closet dieter"? Secretly traveling this road, lion-hearted, alone, off into the sunset. Because, you know, weight loss is something you can hide so incredibly well, something that no-one will ever notice, ever ;) :D
Or in other words: it's just another case of "selective shyness" on my part. ;)
And maybe something else I could work on in this challenge :D

Weight-wise, there's nothing new to report. Still a solid 176,5. Which means no gain, and that's always a good thing, right? ;)

How have these first days been going for everyone?

BuffieLynn
10-21-2013, 07:33 PM
My first days are pretty ok. But, TOM this week so not expecting much come weigh in. Short of being on 3FC, I have been pretty quiet about my plan outside of my home. However, I have a friend who just posted her weightless plans and her before (bra and shorts) pics on FB! She is so brave and she really is receiving a lot of support.

Have a great day! ~b

RedRosie
10-21-2013, 08:24 PM
RedRosie, this is the perfect challenge for us both if the millionth club is in play...I too have tried and tried. But, we are done try'in we're DO'IN!!

Great to have you aboard! Best of luck this week!

~b

Millionaires unite!

So far so good... I ran straight into one of my most common over-eating scenarios today, but I made it through.

I both (1) skipped breakfast and (2) got overwhelmed at work and didn't eat lunch until 3:00 PM. It still counts as overwhelmed when it happens 2 days our of 3, right?

BUT!!! Instead of going out for a burger and fries and large soda (my thought free go-to), I had a salad with grilled chicken and vinaigrette :carrot:and a small soda. :o

I'm not gonna lie to y'all --- the thought of checking in on the forums is pretty much the only thing that kept me on the straight and narrow path.

I am seriously considering adding a Eating Breakfast in November challenge to my plans.

begoodjen
10-21-2013, 10:49 PM
Hi everyone,
Can I join in? Sounds like a great challenge. I'm going on vacation at the end of January and had already challenged myself to lose 20 lbs by then, so this is perfect! I think this will help keep us on track for the holidays as well!

10/19- 243
10/26-
11/02-
11/09-
11/16-
11/23-
11/30-
12/07-
12/14-
12/21-
12/28-
01/04-
01/11-
01/18-
01/25-****100th Day!

BuffieLynn
10-21-2013, 11:45 PM
Great job RedRosie!! I know those days well...and on my next 1 I am going to remember you!

Welcome Begoodjen! Ahhh...vacation perfect goal date! My vacation is in February...Vegas!

Best Wooshes All!
~ b

C6D
10-22-2013, 12:41 AM
Hi! I just joined this site and I would love to join this challenge. I sounds like exactly what I need. I think checking in frequently and sharing my day would help me out tremendously. I hope you guys don't get sick of me :|

RedRosie
10-22-2013, 08:44 PM
Welcome C6D! I am new to the site in the long-time listener, first-time caller sense.

I had a good day! I had some veggie heavy meals and I've seriously cut back on my soda drinking. So far, so good! I also took breakfast to work today - oatmeal - and then I forgot about it. Progress is progress, though. I may just be successfully eating breakfast by the end of the month!

How is everyone else doing?

BuffieLynn
10-22-2013, 11:11 PM
Howdy Ladies,

Welcome to the challenge C6D! I doubt we'll get sick of you...looks like we all will check it frequently. I like having one primary place to post and report or tattle on myself.

RedRosie - way go on the veggies!! I need to be better about that too...

Today, I was pretty great with keeping up on my water which is often a problem for me. But, I do use the IP water enhances because, it just helps me to get more in.

Not sure I ate enough today. Was really busy at work. Actually missed lunch all together...ugggh. Dinner was ready for me at home (I love my hubby!) I don't feel famished.

We are doing it girls! :carrot:

Hugs ~ b

10/19- 235
10/26-
11/02-
11/09-
11/16-
11/23-
11/30-
12/07-
12/14-
12/21-
12/28-
01/04-
01/11-
01/18-
01/25-****100th Day!

C6D
10-22-2013, 11:32 PM
Thanks ladies. @RedRosie - Breakfast is my hardest meal usually. I struggle with coming up with a variety of healthy options. I can't eat the same thing everyday. @BuffieLynn - knowing that I would be posting here about my day really helped me stay on track today. Thanks for starting this challenge

I'll be honest and admit when I woke up this morning, I started to get a little anxiety about this challenge. I obviously have a problem completing things like this and I got a little scared I would repeat the pattern. I had to talk myself of the ledge so to speak and it turns out I had a pretty good day. I was at my calorie goal. I do need to watch my carbs, though. I also need make sure to have an afternoon snack before leaving work. I was hungry on the way home and normally I would stop at a fast food joint on the way home but I didn't today. Instead, I made a small salad when I got home before preparing dinner :). I drank more water and less diet soda and I'm getting to bed earlier tonight.

dolphin9006
10-22-2013, 11:50 PM
I'm in too! Christmas time does scare me though. I'll be home (Cali) from school (Toronto) and I know already I'm going to have to fight the urge of a "free for all" week when I get there. I'll need this group more than ever! Anyways, here we go :)

My goal for this challenge is 30 pounds.

10/17: 267.8 (my first day)
10/20: 265.0
10/22: 263.8
10/23: 263.6
10/24: 263.4 (-4.4)
10/26: 263.0
10/27: 262.6
10/28: 262.0
10/29: 261.0
10/31: 260.6 (-2.8)(-7.2)
11/01: 259.6
11/02: 259.0
11/07: 258.8 (-1.8)(-9.0)(TOM)
11/09: 257.8
11/15: 256.6 (-2.2)(-11.2)

Dolphin100
10-23-2013, 05:34 AM
Ok, I'm in too. Hoping maybe to lose 30 in 100 days? 10 pounds a month should be do able

10/21: 245
10/24: 243
10/26: 242

JenteIsving
10-23-2013, 01:52 PM
Welcome begoodjen, C6D, dolphin and Dolphin! Great to have you on board, the more the merrier :)

BuffieLynn - *thud* Before pics, publicly posted? Only wearing a bra and shorts? That's one brave lady! I seriously admire her for that!

Rosie - Awesome NSVs so far! Congrats!
I too struggle with breakfast. Mainly due to my lousy time management. Then again, I'm hardly ever hungry so "early" in the morning. So I haven't decided what to do about the "breakfast situation" yet ;)

dolphin - I had to giggle a little. So Christmas really does seem to be a common fear on this thread. Man, the Grinch would be so proud of us :D
Congrats on your losses thus far! :)

Only Believe
10-23-2013, 02:06 PM
Hi all.. I've not been watching my food intake like I should since the 19th. I've increased my exercise to include some jogging and I think that's helped keep me from daily gains. Actually I almost forgot about this challenge. I think doing a weekly weigh in won't keep me on track. I've deleted the weekly weigh in logs I had in my first post and changed it to "good luck everyone" I sincerely wish you all well. I've got some thinking to do about where I go from here on my weight loss. I'm going to work on getting this eating under control. I hope you all reach those 100 day goals!

dolphin9006
10-23-2013, 05:17 PM
If Christmas is a common fear, have any of you found ways to help stay on plan throughout the holidays?

JenteIsving
10-23-2013, 06:31 PM
If Christmas is a common fear, have any of you found ways to help stay on plan throughout the holidays?

Nope, not really. At least not me. The only thing I can think of is what I already do: weighing in daily and trying not to slack off with my exercises.
I really could use some strategy, though, seeing as Christmas - well, the Christmas season anyway with all those "hey, let's meet at the Christmas market. Oh, while we're here, let's grab something to eat! Oh look, we gotta try that goody over there!" and the "living Advent calendars" - basically starts on the 1st of December and ends on January 6 around here. Not to mention the actual holidays. Whoa, seeing that written out... Uh oh! :o

dolphin9006
10-23-2013, 07:46 PM
JenteIsving- I hear ya! I adore the Christmas season and part of it is because of all the baking and cooking I do while listening to the Christmas music or watching Christmas movies. I give the treats out to friends and family but I still end up eating a lot of it. I always look forward to that period of the year and I'm not sure I can enjoy it as much without that aspect. :(

soon2beskinnyCarma
10-23-2013, 08:09 PM
I'm jumping in. Almost 42 yr old Nurse who started her weight loss journey in January 2nd. I was down to 55lbs lost but had a gain back to only 49.5lbs down. this past Monday was my heaviest weigh in a while so I will put that for the 19th. For my 100 day goal I am going to say lose 25lbs. That will put me 5lbs into the no longer obese club. My reward when I get to be no longer obese is a trip to the spa. If I wait to reward myself until I get to 5lbs under I will know that I can maintain that weight and therefore deserve the reward. This challenge will help as it will see past the holidays for an ultimate goal.

10/19- 205.6
10/26-
11/02-
11/09-
11/16-
11/23-
11/30-
12/07-
12/14-
12/21-
12/28-
01/04-
01/11-
01/18-
01/25-****

RedRosie
10-23-2013, 09:16 PM

The holidays are fearsome all the way from Halloween to New Years. My biggest concern this year is Thanksgiving because my grandmother has decreed that we shall celebrate in Baton Rouge, with a side of New Orleans, and that sounds delicious.

My best (and only?)(and most neurotic?) defense mechanism has been to put my focus on friends and family - I set a goal to have a meaningful conversation with each of my friends and family members during the holidays. It's sort of a mental game - spoke w/ Granny check chatted w/ Uncle Mike check complimented Aunt Amy's shoes BUZZER insufficiently meaningful conversation, try again later

As I write this, I suddenly realize that this is totally weird and I should never, ever, ever tell anyone that I have what amounts to a mental game of Family-Time Bingo inside my head during the holidays.

Uhm... It keeps me busy and that is what I am looking for during the holidays, because if I'm occupied with talkin', I'm not occupied with eatin'.

dolphin9006
10-23-2013, 09:41 PM
RedRosie- Thanks for the laugh! I think it's a wonderful idea and nobody has to know, all they see is family/friend taking an interest in them, everyone likes that :)

C6D
10-24-2013, 12:23 AM
@dolphin9006 my plan for the holidays this year is to make sure I eat a healthy breakfast instead of sweets which I usually do. I also plan to take bring some healthy snack foods and watch my portions. We'll see how it goes.

OneChillMama
10-24-2013, 01:07 AM
Better late than never, right? Count me in! I've never gone with this accountability approach, but maybe it's what I need. And I think RedRosie has a great idea for the Breakfast Challenge- I REALLY need to stop skipping... I'd like to start my New Year 40 lbs lighter.

BuffieLynn
10-24-2013, 01:55 AM
:carrot: Welcome " Dolphins",Soon2be, OneChillMama!

Everyone is so inspiring and y'all make me laugh...RedRosie- being a southern girl myself your holiday game sounds like it will keep our minds off food from trying to keep up with the bingo...it might just work.

Ahh...breakfast haunts me too. My most recent way around it with very little work is to make my chocolate protein shake with half the water (hot) then I add it to my black coffee with no creamer = " Mocha". I really am not a sweet coffee girl but, it is the way I ensure I get my protein in for the morning...Lord knows, I ain't leaving the house without the coffee. :dizzy:

I am still working on a holiday game plan. Since unlikeRosie, I am not traveling home to the South, I may just manage. It's different here in Washington...no one will get their feelings hurt if I don't eat their goodies!

Halloween- not cooking the goodies myself. Will travel the neighborhood with my kiddo and a "hot chocolate" made from my protein shake( honestly this week being TOM - this chocolate shake is the only thing keeping me from :devil:). The chocolatey goodness will keep my sweet tooth at bay while trick r treating.

More to come on the other holidays...only one at a time.

Today, I was on the road all day. Had my youngest with so had to feed her, right? So, she chooses Wendy's a rare treat for her and considering she spent 3hours in medical testing-I caved. But, those fries didn't bug me at all...

While waiting in line I shook up a shake. I had forgot to pack veggies:?: Really I am eating more than just the shakes but they have saved me in a few pinches lately. Better planning tomorrow!

Best Wooshes!
~b

C6D
10-24-2013, 11:25 PM
Hi. I hope everyone had a great day!

My day was pretty good. I think I'm getting into the swing of things. I've been making better choices...eating better breakfasts, cooking at home instead of getting take out and having healthier snacks. I just hope I can keep it up! My pattern is to do pretty well a couple of weeks then go off the rails :(.

Daily Stats
Calories: in range
Water: about 8 glasses
Exercise: none today (Thursday is a rest day)

dolphin9006
10-24-2013, 11:44 PM
C6D- you just reminded me I forgot to drink water today! yikes

C6D
10-25-2013, 12:08 AM
@dolphin9006 I have to keep a glass sitting in my face on my desk to remind me. I'm also trying to limit my diet sodas to one in the morning then water the rest of the day. I do use flavor packets in my water at lunch & dinner.

dolphin9006
10-25-2013, 09:29 AM
@dolphin9006 I have to keep a glass sitting in my face on my desk to remind me. I'm also trying to limit my diet sodas to one in the morning then water the rest of the day. I do use flavor packets in my water at lunch & dinner.

Soda is so addicting! When I have it in the house, that's all I drink.

C6D
10-25-2013, 10:18 AM
dolphin9006, I know what you mean. Sometimes I just don't buy them to keep at home. I buy 1 in the morning from the machine at work then it's 0 calories lemonade the rest of the day (I'm not sure this is much better with the artificial sweeteners). Then sometimes I find it in my cart and I'm back to drinking several a day.

BuffieLynn
10-26-2013, 12:18 AM
Hi Everyone,
I had a late night at work last night and then a very early one today:(. But for the most part stayed on program and kept up on my water...except late today.

I am a bit concerned about weigh in tomorrow cause this is the week no girl wants to weigh in. But, it is what it is...I think I am holding about 5 gallons of water.:mad:

I need to get starting with my walking daily. At this point, I haven't done anything.

Best Wooshes ~ I will weigh-in once I am up in the morning. :dance:

~b

Lily Wu
10-26-2013, 12:40 AM
now is 10 a.m. morning in my country.
This week> diet only no exercise = 2 lbs lose. I'm getting excited

10/19- 145
10/26- 143
11/02-
11/09-
11/16-
11/23-
11/30-
12/07-
12/14-
12/21-
12/28-
01/04-
01/11-
01/18-
01/25-****100th Day!

C6D
10-26-2013, 01:02 AM
Hi. Well, today was not the best but certainly not the worst. I had a good breakfast, lunch and snack. I drank some water and went to the gym. After the gym, I had to help a friend w/ moving stuff and she wanted me to pick up something quick for us to eat. So, I ended up at Sonic. I ordered a grilled chicken club sandwich and fries. :(. I'm not going to stress about it too much though because I was still only 15 calories over. Also, my workout burns 800-1000 calories according to myfitnesspal (need to get my heart rate monitor to verify). I just have to find better choices for quick on the run meals going forward.

Daily Stats
Calories: 15 calories over
Water: 4-6 glasses
Exercise: kickboxing

begoodjen
10-26-2013, 08:37 AM
Hi everyone!
Loved reading about everyone's weeks. As for the holidays, I need a plan badly but haven't come up with one yet. Last year I gained back a few lost pounds and I really don't want to do that again! I think instead of saying "oh to heck with it its the holidays" I will literally have to stay totally on points (I'm a weight watcher) and just schedule my extra points for Christmas day. *sigh* ...not much of a plan :(

As for today's weigh in, I have a gain :( But, it is my TOM so I am expecting a whoosh next week.

10/19- 243
10/26- 245.4 (+2.4)
11/02-
11/09-
11/16-
11/23-
11/30-
12/07-
12/14-
12/21-
12/28-
01/04-
01/11-
01/18-
01/25-****100th Day!

RedRosie
10-26-2013, 11:03 AM
Happy Saturday everyone!

10/20 269.8
10/26 263.2
1/25 Finish line

Gosh, I love the honeymoon phase of a diet...those first few days when I'm getting into the groove of the plan and it's paying off at weigh-in! Happy days this week - I've eaten breakfast for two days in a row. (Ok, yes, one of those days 'breakfast' was a few spoonfuls of oatmeal before running out the door to a meeting, but that absolutely counts!) I'm filling up on veggies at my other meals - thank goodness for those microwave-steamer bags that they make for frozen veggies now. I'm seriously considering going on a planned diet that ships my meals to me in the near future - a first for me - because one of by biggest challenges is planning ahead for healthy meals. Off-loading the planning could be a big help to me when the new-diet-shine starts to wear .

Cutting down on soda is absolutely taking a toll. It's got a hold on me, that's for sure. Which would be a reason to stay off the fizz, even without the challenge! But I'm keeping up with the water - I've got a water cooler at the office which I've emptied a third out of this week.

Next week's major challenge: I'm out of town for training on Monday and Tuesday, with colleagues I infrequently see. Here come the restaurants!

Hope everyone has a great weigh-in and a great weekend!

dolphin9006
10-26-2013, 11:13 AM
Wow, nice loss RedRosie! woot!

I feel like I need to make a few adjustments in my routine. Today (if I ever get the chance to get to the store) I will not buy diet sodas. This week, I will only drink water. I will also make a conscious effort to reduce my sodium intake. I have very little time to cook these days and have been relying too much on high sodium pre-packaged food.

I am super stressed and not sleeping well. I have 3 papers, 1 photoshop assignment and a 20 min presentation all due the week after this one. My anxiety level is up the roof and I'm getting panic attacks (I have GAD). I hope the scale will not reflect that too much the upcoming 2 weeks.

For now I am at 263.

Have a good on plan day everyone!

BuffieLynn
10-26-2013, 02:23 PM
Happy Saturday All!

I slept in a bit after a very LONG work week:yawn:

RedRosie - I had a business meeting this week and it was catered so not much for me to eat...dinner out hopefully will give you choices. Congrats on your loss!

Dolphin9006- Stress and no sleep :^::fr: Hang in there girl! The diet soda has been more of and problem letting go of for my DH than me but, I have seen first hand the hold it can have on folks. Of course, this from the coffee addict! :o Good job juggling it all! :hug:

Begoodjen - That TOM guy messed up my week too! Someone should take him out behind a shed. And give him what for:devil: Your holiday plan IS a plan. I keep reminding myself " if I fail to plan; I plan to fail". That flexibility in your points is a cool thing for Christmas! Wishin' Wooshes for you next week! ;)

Well, like I said last night I have been bloated for days and truly expected a 10 lb gain. But, this morning when I weighed nothing up or down. I think I will happily take that! I like many of you struggle with planning meals on the run that include veggies. I like the steamed veggie bag idea, I think I will try that. I did buy a bunch of veggies that I can roast together then pack for the week.

So for me...wait stop the presses! I went back to copy/paste my weight/week chart below and I have lost 2 lbs from last week! For some reason I thought I was at 233 last week. :carrot:

10/19-235
10/26- 233
11/02-
11/09-
11/16-
11/23-
11/30-
12/07-
12/14-
12/21-
12/28-
01/04-
01/11-
01/18-
01/25-****100th Day!

C6D
10-28-2013, 02:06 AM
I've had a busy weekend and am just catching up on my posts.

Saturday I helped family move. For lunch, pizza was ordered so that was not the best. However, I was still under calories after calculating calories burned moving stuff (according to my fitnesspal anyway).

Today, I helped with moving again after lunch at home. I also weighed in since I started on Sunday last week. I did weigh in last Sunday in the afternoon so I don't know how accurate my numbers are. All in all I think I had a pretty good week. I think I made some good choice and I tried new veggies and recipes. Planning ahead and sharing my day here has made a big difference.

I hope everyone has a great week ahead!

Daily Stats:
Calories: slightly under
Water: 4-6
Exercise: moving

10/20: 295
10/27: 290

avi0903
10-28-2013, 12:36 PM
Thank you so much for this thread. I really need some accountability. I recently stopped going to Weight Watchers, and have tried Medifast and then stopped that as well. I need help so badly!!!!

So thank you for this, and here goes:

10/28 245 help!!!!

1/25 - 100th day!

BuffieLynn
10-28-2013, 10:26 PM
:welcome: Avi0903! We are here for support! It appears lots of folks use calorie counting as a method. I do a mix of an alternative Ideal Protein plan and use the MY FIT PAL app for calories.

You can do this! We are here to help!:hug:

C6D. Pizza or not, you lost 5 lbs!! :carrot: AWESOME!

Today for me was a bit exciting. For the past 2 weeks my staff have been telling me to buy new pants, due to my saggy bottom look. Today, I broke down after spending all day pulling at my falling dress pants and went to Lane Bryant(good ole' standby)...and the size that fit was 16!!!!. I have not been a size 16 in 7-8 years at least! No wonder my 20-22s were falling off me. Too bad I didn't do measurements at the beginning.

Food today was on program. I am beginning to see eating as something I have to do. I don't really enjoy it like I used to. Now I seem to be eating to stop the growling.

Wishing you all a great day tomorrow! :hug:

Best Wooshes!
~b

begoodjen
10-28-2013, 11:33 PM
I am beginning to see eating as something I have to do. I don't really enjoy it like I used to. Now I seem to be eating to stop the growling.

I hear that! I love this feeling :)

Nice NSV! 20/22 to 16 is quite the difference!

C6D
10-29-2013, 12:31 AM
:welcome3: Avi0903! I'm really loving this site. I think the accountability of posting about my day has really helped me make better choices.

Thanks BuffieLynn! I just get scared sometimes that if I start making excuses (like I don't have anything prepared and I need something quick) that I'll slip back to old habits. Congrats on your smaller pants size! It's such a great reward for your hard work.

Today, I did ok. I was a little more carb heavy with my meals than I'd like to be but I have lower/no carb meals planned the next couple of days so I hope I'll be ok.

Daily Stats:
Water: around 6

soon2beskinnyCarma
10-29-2013, 09:35 AM
Sorry guys forgot to post my weight on Saturday. Still struggling here. I need to get motivated with exercise. Need to get back into my niche. I was exercising every morning for at least a half an hour. That fell by the wayside about 4 weeks ago. I have gotten about 3-5 days of exercise each week. I must say the darkness is not helping. When I get home from work it's dark. When I leave for work dark. Exercising in the cold/dark not fun. The thing is I always feel better after I do it. So if I can just mentally slap myself into doing it I will be all set. I am taking a piloxing class on Tuesday nights while my daughter does a dance class. Maybe I should dust off some exercise video's for myself. I also need to get back on C25K.
RedRosie: I find your holiday meal game intriguing. That might help me.
C6D: 5lbs is great in a week. You got this down. :carrot:
Avi0903: I love this site for the accountability. You just have to keep coming to check in.
BuffieLynn: congrats on the 16's. I am starting to fit into some of mine and happy about it. I got rid of all but 1 pair of 20's as they were a pair that ran smaller. My neighbor has offered me some 14's that she shrank out of. I hope getting them in the house is inspiration.

Our holiday's are a little off. I am sure this year will be strange. My Mom died of Pancreatic cancer in June. So not sure what our gathering will be like. My sister will probably not make it up from TN. So that leaves only 3 of us with family members. My Mother in law is in the hospital. I don't know if she will make it home for Thanksgiving this year or not. Which will be lousy as she was gone from Thanksgiving to Easter in a hospital or nursing home last year. The unknown holiday's add a little bit more stress to me.
10/19- 205.6
10/26-204.0
11/02-
11/09-
11/16-
11/23-
11/30-
12/07-
12/14-
12/21-
12/28-
01/04-
01/11-
01/18-
01/25-****

avi0903
10-29-2013, 05:23 PM
Thank you guys for the welcome and it's so encouraging seeing how you all are doing. Thank you.

For a minute I thought about lying, but then I thought what good would that do?

So, I have not been on plan, have not exercised, have not been drinking enough water.:( What's wrong with me?:?:

On the plus side, I didn't lie to you all or myself, and I did come here. So, for the rest of the day, I will stay on plan. And I still have time to exercise.

Thank you all again for being here.

RedRosie
10-29-2013, 10:34 PM
Welcome Avi & Hello All!

Buffie, congrats on your pantsing! That is awesome!

Ugh...work trip did not got well from a sticking-to-the-diet perspective. It was a very meat and potatoes couple of days and my water drinking dropped straight off a cliff. On the plus side, I did keep up with breakfast and I kept breakfast healthy.

So, I'm back home now and back on plan. It's so much easier at home! I had a good dinner, kicked up my feet with some aerobics and am working on getting back where I want to be, hydrationally speaking.

I don't think my week 2 weigh-in will be quite as fun as week 1, but I'm optimistic that I can recover from my slip(s) and move the needle a smidge on Saturday!

BuffieLynn
10-29-2013, 11:02 PM
Hi all!

Today no major issues with food and was able to get my water in. I have a lot of stress going on at work so from time to time I just want to run and eat something horrible but, I just drink more water.

Rosie- Life will happen and I think we all have to give ourselves a little Grace in those moments. It sounds like you did that!

avi0903- Great authenticity! You will get this! Give yourself a big dose of Grace...you are human :hug:

Soon2bskinnyCarmaCold dark and exercise doesn't sound fun to me either...I am not doing well with keeping it up either. Holidays...the firsts - hugs to you and yours.

Have a great day Ladies!!

Best Wooshes ~b

Lily Wu
10-30-2013, 12:01 AM
I do Intermittent fasting for this challenge, yesterday I come to a dinner party with a friend, and today... as if all the weight comes back -_-... ugh! I'm so confused

calgaryjetgirl
10-30-2013, 12:49 AM
Week 1 weigh in and I'm down 6.8 and feeling pretty good. Halloween was feeling stressful but so far I've avoided all the little chocolates everyone seems to have out on their desks at work. Funny to be the only one not sugar crashing around 2 oclock that's for sure!

The only struggle I'm having is getting in the water every day so far. Any tips or just shut up and drink it lady?

BuffieLynn
10-30-2013, 01:53 AM
lilyWu I am not familiar with how your fasting program works, sending hugs:hug:. Have you searched the forum for others on IF? We can support and encourage you here in general;)

CalgaryJetGirl awesome jobs on your 6+ down! :carrot: As far as water...the only thing that works for me is to use an aspartame free water flavoring(I use Ideal Protein water enhancer). I think NUUN tabs would work too. I get too bored with plain ole' water. :(

Best Wooshes! ~b

BuffieLynn
10-30-2013, 01:59 AM
LiliWu- I did some searching on the forum. I found a "Intermittent Fasting Support Thread". I am not sure how to link it but I found it by typing it into the forum search. Hopefully, there we can find some tips. I really want to encourage you to also post on that thread but, don't leave us! we want you here too :hug:.

Let me know if I can help in anyway :)
~b

C6D
10-30-2013, 02:25 AM
CalgaryJetGirl, congrats on your 6lb loss.

avi0903, hang in there. Maybe at first, just try to eat a few more veggies or some fruit until you can find what works best for you.

My day was ok. I had a good breakfast and lunch. I didn't really care for my dinner recipe and struggled to not find something else or go get fast food. Water intake was not the best today.

Daily Stats:
Water: maybe 4
Exercise: none

calgaryjetgirl
10-30-2013, 08:39 PM
BufflieLynn Awesome move on the pants size! That must have felt amazing! Thanks for the tip on the water, I'll give the enhancer a try.

C6D Thanks, the big start has helped me stay motivated and OP with all this darn Halloween candy in the office!

C6D
10-31-2013, 12:38 AM
I kinda struggled today. I didn't plan my meals very well this week and the things I did have in mind I haven't wanted for dinner. Today, I really had to fight myself to keep from stopping for fast food on the way home. I really miss my go to meal (chicken tenders & fries). I did resist and cooked something at home but I did some not so good snacking before dinner. I also didn't go to the gym today. My TOM is wreaking havoc on me this week. :mad:

Daily Stats:
Calories: a few calories over
Water: maybe 4

BuffieLynn
10-31-2013, 02:46 PM
C6D- today will be my day like your yesterday. I think we are all going to have them from time to time. I want to celebrate your passing up the Chicken Tenders and fries!!:carrot: That IS success! You didn't give in. I am guessing even your before dinner snacking was a way better choice than your fast food craving. Rejoice in all your victories! I have found over the past 6 weeks that it's getting easier to mentally not even go there with fast food.

With that said, it may always be a challenge for us all on some level. I am very encouraged by your willpower to not turn in to the drive-thru!,:hug:

Best Wooshes!
~b

RedRosie
10-31-2013, 09:25 PM
Happy All Hallow's Eve Everybody!

Cheers C6D - It's hard to turn down the fast food, esp when you aren't quite sure what else you have to eat! :carrot:

It's still proving to be a rough week for me.

My town does a Main Street trick-or-treat for the littler ghouls on Halloween Afternoon --- and my office is on Main Street --- so the good thing is that *most* of the treats went back out the door with the assorted mini-Spidermans and Meridas, but not *all* the treats. :o And that on top of forgetting breakfast again...sigh... And on top of THAT, my TOM is impending - rough week, all around. I'm looking forward to the next one already! Is it not Friday? It should be Friday.

So, I'm officially going on a mini challenge to eat breakfast every day in November. I've improved drastically from never-ever eating breakfast before I started the 100 days. No backsliding allowed! :carrot:

Optimistically yours,
RRosie

C6D
11-01-2013, 01:24 AM
Thanks for the encouragement BuffieLynn & RedRosie! I really hope it becomes easier over time to ignore such cravings.

Today, again, I did pretty well for breakfast & lunch. However, I was really hungry when I got home so I was back at snacking. I've decided I need to get some healthy snacks to keep at work & eat them before leaving.

Daily Stats:
Calories: a few calories over
Water: approx 6

dolphin9006
11-01-2013, 09:05 PM
It's been a while since I reported. I'm in school h*ll right now and hoping I make it to the xmas break. Looking forward to having more time to actually read all your posts and comment on them. For now, my water intake was good and dropped again. Subway has been my savior the past few (late) nights. Tonight, I'm a little over on my calories but I think I did enough walking to offset the deficit.

Hope you're all having a great on plan week!

C6D
11-01-2013, 11:20 PM
I've decided that I have to have a cheat meal at least once a week. I think that will help with cravings and stop me from beating myself up about having cravings like I was the other night. I had a good breakfast and lunch today so dinner tonight was my cheat meal. Since I went to kickboxing today I was still under my calorie goal even after my cheat meal. Back to plan bright and early in the morning!

Daily Stats:
Water: 4-5 (struggling with this a little the past few days)

BuffieLynn
11-01-2013, 11:29 PM
Hi all,

Dolphin9006 - Keep joining in when you can. We are here for you!

C6D - Congrats on your day!

I had an pretty benign day. On target for food, even though I had lunch with my mom at Red Lobster. Ordered broiled halibut and broccoli...NO cheddar biscuits!!

My youngest and her friend are at the house having a pizza party and sleep over. On the menu is root beer floats. I feel fine about it. I was ok last night with all the candy all around. I hope this feeling of "I not care about food." stays for a long time.

Have a great weekend!

Best Wooshes! ~b

soon2beskinnyCarma
11-02-2013, 08:08 AM
New month, new week starting. Must get into the zone. Water needs to be on target and I need to start getting 60 minutes exercise a day in. If I do those two things the food comes easy. Period. No excuses.

10/19- 205.6
10/26-204.0
11/02-204.2
11/09-
11/16-
11/23-
11/30-
12/07-
12/14-
12/21-
12/28-
01/04-
01/11-
01/18-
01/25-****

begoodjen
11-02-2013, 09:08 AM
Happy Saturday everyone! Busy week and weekend for me so here to just quickly post.

Got my whoosh! Down 5.8. Amazing how much that TOM can mess with the scale. Most of the month should be more slow and steady for me. I'm usually a 1-2 pound loss per week and I am just fine with that.

Hope everyone has a great weekend :)

10/19- 243
10/26- 245.4 (+2.4)
11/02- 239.6 (-5.8)
11/09-
11/16-
11/23-
11/30-
12/07-
12/14-
12/21-
12/28-
01/04-
01/11-
01/18-
01/25-****100th Day!

soon2beskinnyCarma
11-02-2013, 09:39 AM
God I am hoping for that woosh. I am almost 3lbs up from mid week low of 201.2 and TOM started today. Hopefully my next Saturday will be good weigh in.

RedRosie
11-02-2013, 11:12 AM
Good morning everyone!

Way to whoosh, Jen!

I was pleased that I had a negligible gain after my start-of-the-week splurges. This should be a good week, no unusual challenges on my calendar

Days of breakfast eating: 2

10/20 269.8
10/26 263.2 (-6.6)
11/2 263.4
1/25 Finish line

BuffieLynn
11-02-2013, 03:47 PM
Go Jen!! :carrot: I think I need to remain focused and ensure I am getting enough sleep. I have not been below 230 in at least a decade...I think my body is fighting me. :tantrum:

My check for the week is as follows:
10/19-235
10/26- 233 (*I think I was really at 232 but...oh well.)
11/02- 232
11/09-
11/16-
11/23-
11/30-
12/07-
12/14-
12/21-
12/28-
01/04-
01/11-
01/18-
01/25-****100th Day!

Best Wooshes! ~ b

C6D
11-04-2013, 02:41 AM
Hi everyone! Congrats to all who lost this week. The scale was not really my friend this week. I'm back to my starting weight but I think a few things contributed to that. My TOM, I forgot to take my bp meds for two days which causes me to retain water, and I'm really hoping I gained some muscle after going to kickboxing. I was depressed for a few minutes but I reminded myself that I had an overall good week.

11/3: 295

avi0903
11-04-2013, 11:56 AM
Hi everyone - Thank you so much for your help! I remember last week when I found this thread, I was feeling at the end of my rope. When I weighed myself this morning I was so relieved that I had lost. I was really good, and maintained (for the most part) my committment to not eat after dinner. I took everyone's wise words to heart. I could keep telling myself that's it, I'm not eating anymore, and then eat 3 large bags of chips because I'm starving. So I took upon myself one thing, to not eat after dinner. I wasn't perfect, but I was good enough. Thank you!!

C6D - You inspire me with your positive attitude. Next week for sure the scale will be more friendly.

BuffieLynn - Congrats on losing, and maybe next week you will be where you haven't been in a decade!

Thank you again, and good luck to everyone!

10/28 245 help!!!!
11/4 242.1 yay!!!!

1/25 - 100th day!

C6D
11-05-2013, 12:19 AM
avi0903 - I'm so glad I can inspire you. Remaining positive has not always been easy for me so I am really trying hard this time to stay that way.

Today was good. I made a menu plan and went grocery shopping last night. Having a plan is very helpful for me. Today, I managed to drink more water and I got some exercise in.

Daily Stats:
Water: about 9 glasses

BuffieLynn
11-05-2013, 02:31 AM
Hi all,

Today was good for me. I stayed away from my snack at night. We cleaned all our kids rooms today and threw away a bunch of old stuff...I call it purging. Even the teenagers handled it well. But, I couldn't handle the mess in their areas any longer.:mad:

Food/water wise, I was good. Made cauliflower fried rice with shrimp YUMMY!! My DH didn't care for it but, the littlest one loved it. :carrot:

C6D - I am sure you will see a WOOSH next week...that TOM guy always causing trouble!

Avi0903 - Congrats! So glad we can be a support to you. You all inspire me!! I love the accountability you all bring out in me!

Best Wooshes!!
~ b

dolphin9006
11-05-2013, 09:06 AM
Avi-that's awesome! keep it up :)

C6D
11-06-2013, 01:13 AM
Today was good & pretty uneventful. I am happy to report the crazy TOM cravings of last week have gone away! YAY!!!!!!

Daily Stats:

C6D
11-07-2013, 12:28 AM
Today was good eating and exercise wise. But, I had to have a talk with myself because I'm starting to getting impatient, wanting to see results faster. I always seem to do this to myself. I'm working really hard at healthy eating and exercise and I'm feeling much better but the scales aren't showing results fast enough. I just have to keep reminding myself results don't happen immediately and just keep going. It's really hard for me sometimes though.

Daily Stats:
Calories: below goal
Water: about 10 glasses

BuffieLynn
11-07-2013, 03:37 AM
C6D - thank you for posting this very authentic reality of your feelings! I thought I was the only one struggling with this and hadn't been brave enough to "say" it out loud. But, truth is I have been a bit discourage this past week but lack of results.:(

It amazes me how hard I am on myself but, want to encourage others to just keep swimming along. I too have to remind myself that I need to just keep keepin' on and the results will catch up to me.

So thank you for encouraging me to keep going and don't let myself get frustrated if everything is dialed in...it will happen. :hug:

~b

RedRosie
11-07-2013, 09:12 PM
C6D - No kidding! That feeling has been the doom of a few weight loss attempts. Somehow repeating "It's a marathon, not a sprint." doesn't quite cut it.

This week's been going well - TOM has wrapped up with minimal damage. I had a bit of a cold at the start of the week and I've still got the cough to show for it, but I'm on course diet-wise and I got in a little exercise.

I've doubled back in my writing to tell you that this paragraph is *very* tangenty and I sincerely suggest that if you're looking for something to skip, you skip this. I think it is because I've gone a few days without a post so I've got more words saved up to fling around wildly. So: inside my head, losing weight is an old school 8 bit side scroller video game. Like the early Mario games - but instead of Koopas, I'm jumping soda cans and ducking french fries. The reason I brought this up is, I was about to start writing about my next diet stumbling block (writing about those before they hit helps me stay in the zone) and I realized that I'm basically treating them like boss battles at the end of levels (weeks), and coincidentally they've been escalating in difficulty. Week One: Tutorial Level (no hurdles), Week Two: Overnight Work Trip and the Halloween Candy Temptations, and now Week Four: The Football Game of Infinite Food. [Yeah, I'm going to a football game w/ family this weekend and I'll be in the club seats where the treats are included: soda, hot dog, candy bar, Supersize Plate of Radioactive Yellow Probably-Not-Cheese Nachos, all the above are all you can eat]. And looming somewhere out there are the *Big Bad Boss Fights* Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years. So...I guess I better level up my resolve on the mini-bosses while I have the chance, because the Big Bads just keep coming.

Sometimes I hear video game music when I'm making meal decisions.

Right, back on topic. Breakfasts: 7! (okay, one of them was a granola bar at 10:30, but it totally counts)

Oh! Mini-hurdle: My cat-shaped housemate is not supporting my goal of drinking more water. In the last two weeks, he's learned to knock over my water glass and now does it whenever possible. And then he gets mad that the floor is wet. Way to show your true colors, Cat!

Happy Days!
RRosie

C6D
11-08-2013, 12:16 AM
BuffieLynn, it means a lot to me that something I posted about myself encourages you. I know what you mean about being hard on yourself. I am that way too. A few weeks ago I was encouraging a coworker who has health issues as a result of being overweight. Afterwards, I realized that I never encourage myself like that. The mental aspect of losing weight is my biggest hurdle. So, I am really trying to be mindful of things my mind does to distract me and encourage myself the way I would encourage someone else.

RedRosie, I really like your mind video game. I might try to come up with a mind video game for myself to help me battle my weight loss villains.

Today was good for me. I stayed on plan. I realized last night during my workout that I feel so much better since I'm eating better.

Daily Stats:

dolphin9006
11-08-2013, 10:28 AM
I've doubled back in my writing to tell you that this paragraph is *very* tangenty and I sincerely suggest that if you're looking for something to skip, you skip this. I think it is because I've gone a few days without a post so I've got more words saved up to fling around wildly. So: inside my head, losing weight is an old school 8 bit side scroller video game. Like the early Mario games - but instead of Koopas, I'm jumping soda cans and ducking french fries. The reason I brought this up is, I was about to start writing about my next diet stumbling block (writing about those before they hit helps me stay in the zone) and I realized that I'm basically treating them like boss battles at the end of levels (weeks), and coincidentally they've been escalating in difficulty. Week One: Tutorial Level (no hurdles), Week Two: Overnight Work Trip and the Halloween Candy Temptations, and now Week Four: The Football Game of Infinite Food. [Yeah, I'm going to a football game w/ family this weekend and I'll be in the club seats where the treats are included: soda, hot dog, candy bar, Supersize Plate of Radioactive Yellow Probably-Not-Cheese Nachos, all the above are all you can eat]. And looming somewhere out there are the *Big Bad Boss Fights* Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years. So...I guess I better level up my resolve on the mini-bosses while I have the chance, because the Big Bads just keep coming.

Sometimes I hear video game music when I'm making meal decisions.

Right, back on topic. Breakfasts: 7! (okay, one of them was a granola bar at 10:30, but it totally counts)

Oh! Mini-hurdle: My cat-shaped housemate is not supporting my goal of drinking more water. In the last two weeks, he's learned to knock over my water glass and now does it whenever possible. And then he gets mad that the floor is wet. Way to show your true colors, Cat!

Happy Days!
RRosie

I love your video game analogy and it gave me the giggles! Thank you for sharing that wonderful brain of yours!

dolphin9006
11-08-2013, 10:39 AM
BuffieLynn, it means a lot to me that something I posted about myself encourages you. I know what you mean about being hard on yourself. I am that way too. A few weeks ago I was encouraging a coworker who has health issues as a result of being overweight. Afterwards, I realized that I never encourage myself like that. The mental aspect of losing weight is my biggest hurdle. So, I am really trying to be mindful of things my mind does to distract me and encourage myself the way I would encourage someone else.

I think that's probably a huge factor in the whole yo-yo dieting. I do the same. This week was rough for me with Tom, an ear infection and one of the most challenging week in all my academic years. I ended up falling off the wagon on Tuesday and kept telling myself of how horrible I am. Anyways, after mauling over what some people said on 3FC I instead went ahead and rewarded myself for all the hard work I've been doing the past few weeks. Maybe we should all come up with a reward goal and share that amongst ourselves, could be fun to think up ways to pat ourselves on the back and maybe even include it in our signature :D

BuffieLynn
11-08-2013, 11:08 PM
Hey there Ladies!

I love this group! Jumping in each day encourages me and makes me smile. Rosie- that game made me lol, I am not that creative. But, I am gonna try it!

Dolphin9006 I love your idea! A non-food reward! I am going to set my reward as a new handbag(I really want a Michael Kors bag) when I reach the 50lbs lost.
But, it might need to be a new Coach bag for the -50. Then at goal- Kors bag!:carrot:

I am waiting to record my weight tomorrow but, I did weigh in for the Christmas challenge and I was SO excited I was finally below 230, today 228!!

Have a great night!

dolphin9006
11-09-2013, 11:19 AM
Good job, BuffieLynn!! :carrot: I would soooo love to get a Kors bag! amazing reward. I can't afford that on my student budget but I think I'm going to set my next reward at my xmas goal and I'll make it a deluxe pedicure, with extra message time! that sounds awesome right now.

Keep up the great work!

RedRosie
11-09-2013, 11:54 AM
Welcome to Saturday!

C6D, dolphin9006, BuffieLynn: Thank you. You've all made me feel a little less strange for the games inside my head.

I'm out of town on this lovely Saturday morning, so my weigh-in is on a different scale and therefore subject to great suspicion, but it actually lines up pretty well with what I've been seeing during the week. Yay, 10 lbs down since the challenge started! That's pretty awesome and I'm having a lot of fun checking in on the forums. Having done WW before, I like this a lot better because I get to see y'all all through the week and it keeps me on track. Well...mostly on track. Now I've just gotta get past the Football Game of Infinite Food this afternoon.

Breakfasts: 9 (eating oatmeal at this very moment)

10/20 269.8
10/26 263.2 (-6.6)
11/2 263.4
11/9 259.2* (-10.6) *weighed in on a different scale*
1/25 Finish line

Hope everyone has a good weigh in and a good woosh!
RRosie

BuffieLynn
11-09-2013, 01:05 PM
Good Morning All!! I am up a bit early on a Saturday :( I usually sleep in. Lots of "Mommy" duties today. So, it's all worth it!

RedRosie- Have fun at the game! And congrats on your 10 lbs down! :carrot::carrot:

My weigh in for the morning is:

10/19- 235
10/26- 233 -2
11/02- 232 -1
11/09- 228 -5
11/16-
11/23-
11/30-
12/07-
12/14-
12/21-
12/28-
01/04-
01/11-
01/18-
01/25-****100th Day!

Best Wooshes ~B

soon2beskinnyCarma
11-09-2013, 03:43 PM
Started the week much stronger than I am ending the week. Thursday was a bad day but I am down from my regain back up but still not as low as I was. Glad I am finally getting in the grove. Need to get 90 minutes of exercise in today. Still have my son's bday party to do tonight and then going to do some Leslie Sansone. I need to also get in my walk/run.
10/19- 205.6
10/26-204.0
11/02-204.2
11/09-201.0
11/16-
11/23-
11/30-
12/07-
12/14-
12/21-
12/28-
01/04-
01/11-
01/18-
01/25-****

soon2beskinnyCarma
11-09-2013, 03:53 PM
awesome weigh in BuffieLynn:cb:
congrats on the 10lbs down Rosie:carrot:

Dolphin: So you fell of the wagon, you got back on which is the most important part.Glad you rewarded yourself for your hard work up until now. I buy myself an Alex and Ani bracelet for every time I lose 10% of my weight.
When I am no longer obese I am going to go for a spa day and get another bracelet as the two things coincide weight wise.

C6D: isn't it amazing how you on the days you do everything right you feel awesome. I need to remind myself of that some mornings.

C6D
11-11-2013, 01:44 AM
RedRosie, BuffieLynn, soon2beskinnyCarma congrats on your losses

dolphin9006, I love your idea of a reward and since I have been needing a new handbag, I think I will second BuffieLynn's reward choice.

I had a really good week after my TOM, cravings subsided and things were pretty easy even though I had to have some talks with myself. I am hoping this upcoming week is as good. I did have kind of a cheat meal today. Also, I had two cookies and felt kind of sick afterwards. I guess my body doesn't like sugar much anymore.

I hope everyone has a great week!!

11/3: 295
11/9: 287

BuffieLynn
11-11-2013, 07:25 PM
Hey ladies. I had to go back and fix my weigh ins. I must be a dork or my work and school load are getting to me. :o

I copied the wrong post and was missing a weigh in. So really I am down just 5 lbs this week. Not that I am complaining; cause I will take it!

Thanks for all the support across the group here.

Best Wooshes!

RedRosie
11-12-2013, 08:45 PM
Good evening!

Football went well. I did splurge (there may have been some Radioactive Yellow nachos) but it was a limited splurge with a healthy side of veggies and water. I mini-gamed my way through the tailgate with a version of my holiday "Talk to Everyone" strategy. Anytime I found myself going for a handful of chips or a cookie, I diverted to chat with another family member about what was going on in their life. It was fun!

The week is shaping up pretty well. I've had a healthy breakfast every day...but today I forgot to eat lunch. Mixed result, there.

Breakfasts: 12

Hasta Manana, all!
RRosie

dolphin9006
11-15-2013, 10:36 AM
Well this was a rollercoaster week that ended better than it started. Here's my progress so far:

10/17: 267.8 (my first day)
10/20: 265.0
10/23: 263.6
10/24: 263.4 (-4.4)
10/26: 263.0
10/29: 261.0
10/31: 260.6 (-2.8)(-7.2)
11/01: 259.6
11/02: 259.0
11/07: 258.8 (-1.8)(-9.0)(TOM)
11/09: 257.8
11/15: 256.6 (-2.2)(-11.2)
11/16: 255.2
11/29: 255.2 (-1.4)(-12.6)
12/03: 253.0
12/06: 252.8 (-2.4)(-15.0)
12/13:

01/25: (Goal: 30 lbs)

RedRosie
11-15-2013, 08:13 PM
I'll weigh-in in the AM, but I wanted to check in this evening.

So: I got past the football game just in time to get smacked in the face with a completely unexpected obstacle. I came down with the shingles! I'm 28! My doctor thought this was way too funny! He might be a bad person!

PSA: Don't get the shingles, folks! It is not a pleasant experience. You *will* think about the benefits of taking your skin off with a vegetable peeler and that's never a good place to be.

So, I got a steroid shot yesterday and have been feeling a little blah for cooking and also for eating. Where "blah" means "it hurts, it hurts, it hurts so much."

In summary: This is a week I'm happy to be putting behind me. And if I can make it through this (which I surely will) then I can probably make it through Thanksgiving & Christmas. ;)

dolphin9006
11-15-2013, 09:31 PM
now that I have some more time, I can write a proper response to all your posts.

RedRosie- I'm so sorry for your diagnosis!! I hear it's truly horrible. My thoughts are with you. On a happier note, that weight-in of yours....WOW!!!

Soontobe- A spa day sounds amazing!!

BuffieLynn - 5 pounds is amazing! I would kill (no really) for that kind of loss.

C6D-You had a great weight-in! A bag sounds like a wonderful idea :)

BuffieLynn
11-16-2013, 01:34 PM
Hi ladies,

Rough week here! But, not anywhere near Rosie's. I would send hugs but, they would hurt too much :(

I just had a long stressful week. And TOM showed up so my weigh-in shows it.

10/19- 235
10/26- 233 -2
11/02- 232 -1
11/09- 228 -5
11/16- 225 - 3
11/23-
11/30-
12/07-
12/14-
12/21-
12/28-
01/04-
01/11-
01/18-
01/25-****100th Day!

soon2beskinnyCarma
11-17-2013, 02:16 AM
Not sure how accurate the weight is today. I worked a night shift Friday night so I put the one from my wake up Sat. afternoon. We will see what the scale shows tomorrow. Just happy that it is down as I had a regain earlier in the week due to a lot of sodium in soup I think. I got sick. Still feel lousy but starting to feel okay with the exercise. Finished week 6 C25K. Can't believe I can run 22 minutes straight :carrot:. Tomorrow will be 25 minutes. I also discovered there is a free run portion of the app so debating running 5 days a week. Skipping Tuesdays and Fridays.

Rosie: Sorry to hear about the shingles. Not fun. I have heard it is so painful.

Dolphin: Congrats on the weigh in. 11lbs is awesome.

Buffie: Next week it will be a whoosh down. your still doing great.

C6D: I can only dream of the day my body feels sick after sugar. I eat far less than I used to do but I still love it.

10/19- 205.6
10/26-204.0
11/02-204.2
11/09-201.0
11/16-200.6
11/23-
11/30-
12/07-
12/14-
12/21-
12/28-
01/04-
01/11-
01/18-
01/25-****

begoodjen
11-18-2013, 09:22 PM
Hi everyone! I have been horrible at keeping up here but I have been reading everyone's updates.
As for me, I have been up and down. I have been so good some days and fallen off other days. I am going to try an experiment and be strict through the week and loosen up a bit (within reason) on the weekend. I don't know. We'll see.

Running totals:
10/19- 243
10/26- 245.4 (+2.4)
11/02- 239.6 (-3.4)
11/09- 238.6 (-4.4)
11/16- 240.6 (-2.4)
11/23-
11/30-
12/07-
12/14-
12/21-
12/28-
01/04-
01/11-
01/18-
01/25-****100th Day!

BuffieLynn
11-18-2013, 11:10 PM
Hang in there Jen. You're still on the downward slope. :carrot:

soon2beskinnyCarma
11-23-2013, 06:35 AM
10/19- 205.6
10/26-204.0
11/02-204.2
11/09-201.0
11/16-200.6
11/23-200.0
11/30-
12/07-
12/14-
12/21-
12/28-
01/04-
01/11-
01/18-
01/25-****
Not as good as I would like. I am actually using friday's weigh in because even though I stuck to calories my sodium was way over. 201.0 this morning.

RedRosie
11-23-2013, 11:05 AM
Good morning!

I've been non-posting because I've not felt like doing much of anything for the last week, :dizzy: but I can safely say that I'm on the mend at this point, so time for a catch up.

10/19...269.8
10/26...263.2
11/02...263.4
11/09...259.2
11/16...258.4 *data recovered from crumpled post-it*
11/23...257.8
1/25 End of the Line

So here's a weird thing that I experienced during my bout with Shingles - I started to feel like it was some sort of cosmic payback for losing weight. Like the world is just against me being healthy for some reason.

Me: Yay, I've lost a little weight!
World: THIS CANNOT STAND.... We cast on you....THE SHINGLES!!!
Me: Ahhhh! My skin!!! Why, skin, why???!!!???

I know, logically, there's no connection. But I still find myself giving the world a bit of suspicious side-eye as I go about my business. Even so, I'm not giving up and I didn't gain, steroid shot and all. Stay the course! :carrot:

Breakfasts: 22/23 eaten in November. :o I missed Wednesday, forgot to grab something before I went on the road for an out-of-town meeting. I need to develop a better on-the-road eating strategy.

Since my November of Breakfasts is coming to an end, I'm adding a new mini-goal: Hit 16 lbs lost.

At 16 lbs lost, I will have lost 1 cat worth of weight .When I get there, I will get my cat a catnip mouse. I'm at 12 lbs lost right now - so if I lose at my "good week" rate, I'll be there in a couple of weeks. If I lose at my "this week" rate, I'll be there at the end of January.

...I should maybe put my cat on a diet, too.

Happy Saturday, all! May the scale favor you!
RRosie

BuffieLynn
11-23-2013, 09:33 PM
I am a bit late checking in; I went " Holiday Bazaar-ing". I am not sure what was up this week. Although, I did have 2 nights out with dinners with work...recruitment dinners with MDs. I picked well I thought....

Well I guess I am glad I didn't gain. I didn't do well on my veggie intake this week either and I think my system is blogged down- so to speak ;)

RedRosie- You make me laugh with animated tells. :D.

soon2b- I think we need to steal a quote I saw on another thread, " Even a small amount of loss is victory and not losing is a Maintance Victory!"

10/19- 235
10/26- 233 -2
11/02- 232 -1
11/09- 228 -5
11/16- 225 - 3
11/23- 224. -1
11/30-
12/07-
12/14-
12/21-
12/28-
01/04-
01/11-
01/18-
01/25-****100th Day!

BuffieLynn
12-01-2013, 10:38 PM
Hi all,

As many of probably had too, my weekend was full of busy-ness. I am not shocked at the gain just happy it wasn't more. I have been struggling myself with temptation and a general " funk" feeling.

I hope you all had a great holiday
10/19- 235
10/26- 233 -2
11/02- 232 -1
11/09- 228 -5
11/16- 225 - 3
11/23- 224. -1
11/30- 225 +1 :(
12/07-
12/14-
12/21-
12/28-
01/04-
01/11-
01/18-
01/25-****100th Day!

calgaryjetgirl
12-03-2013, 01:44 AM
Weirdest thing, my fat appears to be shifting around. My bicep is consistently down (noticeably loose skin actually) but this week my underarm and thigh were both slightly higher measurements than last week. None the less the weight is down and its more than double the fat to lean mass so I guess its good.

RedRosie
12-05-2013, 09:27 PM
Hey all,

Thought I'd better get last week's weigh-in up before this week's weigh-in hits.

Buff, I am feeling the pain this time.

10/19...269.8
10/26...263.2
11/02...263.4
11/09...259.2
11/16...258.4
11/23...257.8
12/2...262.2 *late weigh-in due to holiday displacement* *edited due to: numbers are hard*

Boo-hissssssss. Thanksgiving was great fun and I did much better than I have during Thanksgivings past, but I'm still pretty frowny-faced about the holiday gain. Hopefully *some* of it was because I was on a much saltier diet than usual and my TOM struck the next day, so it'll be down a bit this Saturday! I've stayed off the scale this week so that I can keep those hopes alive.

Aside from that whole "weight" thing, I had a great holiday. Spoke with most of the fam, except my cousin who is at that awkward mid-teens "family if for losers" phase. It was nice to catch up!

See y'all Saturday!
RRosie

BuffieLynn
12-05-2013, 10:17 PM
Hey Ladies...

CalgaryJetGirl - I forgot to take measurements when I started so I can speak to your shifting weight. Other than are you working out; maybe is muscle?

Rosie- I had gained too. I am guessing yours is water too because, once I got back on track I drank up on my water and today my weight was 220.:carrot: Hang in there; I bet you will have a big woosh this next week :hug:

RedRosie
12-07-2013, 12:28 PM
Happy Saturday!

First things first: weigh-in.
10/19...269.8
10/26...263.2
11/02...263.4
11/09...259.2
11/16...258.4
11/23...257.8
12/2...262.2 (+4.4)
12/7...257.2 (-5!)
1/25...Finish Line!

My Thanksgiving/TOM gain fell away nicely and I actually picked up a loss from my pre-Thanksgiving weigh-in as well! :carrot: Sooo happy! I hope Christmas goes this well.

Buffie: Hope you get a whoosh too!

Of course: somewhere in the back of my brain, there is a tiny voice saying "imagine where you'd be if you'd stayed on track for Thanksgiving." :( It is not a helpful voice. Honestly, brain, I'm disappointed in you. We're doing great.

On another positive note, I went to my doctor for my annual Wellness Check this week. I'm healthy and whatnot (except for the weight bit, but he was very complimentary about how the diet is going.), but MORE IMPORTANTLY my home scale matched up to the doctor's office scale! I don't secretly weigh 10 lbs more than I thought! Thank goodness.

Hope everyone is having a great December and a great Challenge!
RRosie

BuffieLynn
12-10-2013, 12:37 AM
Hi all,

Posting really late!! No movement past 220 but, I will take that Woosh! Congrats Rosie!:bravo:

10/19- 235
10/26- 233 -2
11/02- 232 -1
11/09- 228 -5
11/16- 225 - 3
11/23- 224. -1
11/30- 225 +1
12/07- 220 -5 :carrot:
12/14-
12/21-
12/28-
01/04-
01/11-
01/18-
01/25-****100th Day!

RedRosie
12-15-2013, 01:56 PM
Happy S-unday, Buffie, and all others who are giving this a read! (Sunday is much like Saturday, except that it is a day later in the week, and also is the day when I remembered I was supposed to weigh-in on Saturday.)

10/19...269.8
10/26...263.2
11/02...263.4
11/09...259.2
11/16...258.4
11/23...257.8
12/02...262.2
12/07...257.2
12/15...253.8 (3.4) (late weigh-in because I forgot.)
1/25...Finish Line!

Had a couple of good post-Thanksgiving weeks! I'm a little off-track on water, but on-track food-wise. I head to my folks place next Wednesday and will be there a week for Xmas. The good thing is: my folks hate to cook, so I can pretty much take over the menu while I'm there. The bad thing is, my father, a grown man in his 50s, hates almost all vegetables, which does make the menu planning a bit of a challenge. I think it will come out a dietary wash, but I guess I'll find out over the next couple of weigh-ins.

I hit my mini-goal of losing 1 cat's weight (16 lbs)(fatcat). :D I'm not getting my cat his mini-reward catnip mouse until I maintain at or below this point for two consecutive weeks, though. Otherwise my cat might be overwhelmed by catnip mice as I hit goal over...and over...and over again.

I may not have a chance to read postings for a couple of weeks, so: May your Holiday-of-Choice be jolly & your diet be filled with holly!

Best wishes,
RRosie

PS: Actually...I'm not sure that you should eat holly. :^: I think maybe it's like mistletoe? Which you should definitely not eat. So...never mind...don't fill your diet with holly.

PPS: Okay. I've just googled it. Definitely do not eat the holly. Repeat, do not eat the holly. Fill your diet with jolly, instead! ;)

Edit-to-add: I'm updating my final goal weight (my months down the line goal, not my challenge goal). I'd started with 150 because it was a nice round number in the middle of my healthful BMI range. I'm updating it to 165, at the upper end of my range, because I haven't been skinny in...ever...and I'm not sure where in the range I'd actually want to fall.

BuffieLynn
12-16-2013, 08:21 PM
Omg! I am posting late again! Congrats Rosie! 1 fat cat down! :carrot: Our new kitty is only about 3 lbs... I didn't even lose 1 of him! But, still losing! See your check in after the holidays. Best wishes to you and

10/19- 235
10/26- 233 -2
11/02- 232 -1
11/09- 228 -5
11/16- 225 - 3
11/23- 224. -1
11/30- 225 +1
12/07- 220 -5
12/14- 218 -2
12/21-
12/28-
01/04-
01/11-
01/18-
01/25-****100th Day!

BuffieLynn
12-21-2013, 12:38 PM
It's been and getting to be a busy week...it's the season I suppose. This week was stressful and I most likely could have lost more but the week didn't have me keeping up on my water and didn't eat enough some days.

Merry Christmas!!

My update is below:

10/19- 235
10/26- 233 -2
11/02- 232 -1
11/09- 228 -5
11/16- 225 - 3
11/23- 224. -1
11/30- 225 +1
12/07- 220 -5
12/14- 218 -2
12/21- 216 -2
12/28-
01/04-
01/11-
01/18-
01/25-****100th Day!

RedRosie
01-03-2014, 12:37 PM
Hey,

The dearth of post-Christmas posts suggests everyone did as poorly as I did this holiday. After I came home post-xmas, I weighed myself, saw I'd gained something like 8 lbs (I'd be more specific, but I didn't write it down) and went full on ostrich-style head in the sand with my scale. I actually put a box of ornaments on top of it, because that's how much I wanted to forget my weigh-in obligations.

So, I moved the ornaments this morning, because...well, it's tacky to leave boxes of ornaments around after the new year or something. (jk, folks, I once left a tree up through September!)

I'll face the music tomorrow. If anyone would like to face the music with me, it would be much appreciated.

RedRosie
01-04-2014, 05:49 PM
Happy Saturday and Happy New Year!

Weighing in this morning was like the weigh-in before a boxing match. I had to get psyched up, I did a couple of hops, threw a couple of punches to...intimidate the scale, I guess. Anyway, I'm still up over my pre-Christmas weigh-in, but the numbers are going down again. I was for real worried that I would somehow be right back at my starting weight, but thankfully it was not that bad.

10/19...269.8
10/26...263.2
11/02...263.4
11/09...259.2
11/16...258.4
11/23...257.8
12/02...262.2
12/07...257.2
12/15...253.8
12/21... no weigh-in, out of town
12/28...261-ish, probably? Weighed in, but didn't note weight.
01/04...256.2
01/11
01/18
01/25...Finish Line!

This seems an excellent time to let you know that I have a cruise scheduled in the middle of the month, so my 18th check-in will be couple of days early and my 25th will be a couple of days late. Nothing like wrapping up a 100 day challenge by going somewhere with infinite steak!

Later, folks!
RRosie

BuffieLynn
01-04-2014, 10:07 PM
I feel you sister...I ended up 5lbs up with the holiday back down now to my 216. I am glad it wasn't more!

I have a trip in February so I will be early and late weighing in then. I totally love your posts they make me lol!

Have a great week, we are almost there!

BuffieLynn
01-04-2014, 10:11 PM
Guess my head was buried in the sand too on the 28th....I weighed but forgot to post.

But, thankfully it must've been water...it left me!

My update is below:

10/19- 235
10/26- 233 -2
11/02- 232 -1
11/09- 228 -5
11/16- 225 - 3
11/23- 224. -1
11/30- 225 +1
12/07- 220 -5
12/14- 218 -2
12/21- 216 -2
12/28- 221+5 ugggh...