Ideal Protein Diet - Tofu Recipe

View Full Version : Tofu Recipe

trueblue101357
10-16-2013, 04:37 PM
Hi All,

I cannot stand the thought of eating anymore meat for the next few days. Does anyone have a yummy tofu recipe? Thanks.

Kawaii1002
10-16-2013, 07:25 PM
Here's one that I found and tried. I liked it!

Tofu Lettuce Wraps
Ingredients (use vegan versions):
1 head lettuce or Napa cabbage
1 pkg extra firm tofu (drained)
2 1/2 cups chopped sh*take mushrooms
3 tablespoons chopped garlic (fresh)
2 tablespoons chopped ginger (fresh)
red pepper flakes
tamari or soy sauce or Braggs
salt
pepper
Directions:

Dice the tofu into small bite size squares. Spread them out on a cookie sheet. Sprinkle with salt , pepper, red pepper flakes, and soy sauce. Bake for 35-45 minutes at 350.

When that is almost done, heat up wok or frying pan and throw in the chopped up garlic and ginger. Fry for about 5-7 minutes until they are softer. Throw in the mushrooms. At this time you can add more soy sauce , usually about 4 or 5 shakes. Also, if you’d like, some more salt and pepper and red pepper flakes.

Cook about another 10 -12 minutes, then add the tofu and finish up the cooking - about 2-5 minutes.

Wash and dry the lettuce/cabbage and pull off pieces about the size of your palm.

Spoon the mixture into the leafs and roll them up!!

Justdoinit
10-16-2013, 07:48 PM
That sounds fabulous!

sonolady
10-16-2013, 08:09 PM
I use the cubed extra firm, stir fried with cumin and chili powder , stir fried veggies too, red peppers, mushrooms broccoli , zucchini. mmmmmm . The whole pkg of tofu is 2 servings.

I also use the block of xtra firm, sliced into 8 slices and do the same or salt free mrs dash, sometimes some soy sauce, but I'm not a fan of soy sauce.

Quorn has very good fake chicken, as does Gardein chickenless cutlets and beefless cubes. I had them tonight and had a hard time believing they weren't beef. I've been a vegetarian for 37 yrs.

staceyjblack
10-17-2013, 11:30 AM
I made a miso soup last night.

I don't measure out each vegetable, rather I have a two cup container that I fill to the top. I used bean sprouts, green onions, leeks and mushrooms. I cubed the tofu and sauteed it with 1 tsp of olive oil and a drop of soy sauce. After about 5 mins I added the veggies. and some fresh ground ginger. Then I added a few more dashes of soy sauce and covered it all with a homemade veggie broth. I covered it and let it simmer for about 15 minutes.

It was AMAZING and I will be making it again! I was SO FULL afterward :).

trueblue101357
10-17-2013, 02:35 PM
Thanks so much!